[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why don't any of the human/vampire couples in your setting just turn the human into a vampire instead of dealing with discrimination from both sides?
>>
>>68317693
In my setting when a vampire uses the slow kill it kills the person who once inhabited the body and effectively puts a parasitic shard of the particular god like being that is controlling this hive mind of vampires into the body. The shard will maintain a portion of the memories of the former owner, but usually only fragments of the ones associated with the strongest emotions. This is why it's not unknown for a husband or wife who gets turned to later show up at home and murder their terrified spouse and child as their first kills. Not only does it help remove loose ends but it satisfies the god-like being to know he destroyed something that meant a lot to a mortal because he's a petty god-like being.

So assuming I ever had a vamp x human couple, the reason would be that the vampire is basically a part of a hivemind anyway and turning their loved one is effectively making a mindless clone of said loved one instead of having them.
>>
>>68317693
Because I don't play Vampire the Masquerade or the Twilight TTRPG.
>>
>>68317693
Vampires think of humans as both a different species and as food (in addition to most humans simply being unable to be turned at all) , so if they're dating one it's either because
a.) They're playing the human, and will string them along with promises before eating them
or
b.) They're got human fetish and turning the human would defeat the point of the relationship for them
>>
>>68317693
I can’t put an ‘in my setting’ behind me saying this since I don’t have a setting but I’ve always pictured the notion of a hidden vampire society as being an exclusive superrich club with lethal enforcement on it’s membership roster. Vampirism, the parasite lifestyle that it is necessitates for a limit on the number of vampires running around lest the humans raise suspicion & the flow runs dry. Not every vampire has enough clout to legally be able to turn their non-vampire associates.
>>
>>68317693
Because he doesn't want her to suffer the same things that he has suffered.
>>
>>68317854
I think this is the best implementation of them with the exception of it being a voluntary lifestyle choice. Like drinking the blood of others gives a high and temporarily makes one superhuman, but it isn't necessary to live.

That cuts out the sympathetic vibe and allows you to maintain them as being wholly villainous creatures rather than something to be sympathized with.
>>
>>68317693
they would in my setting, because if the human was found out they'd be killed and any vampire that takes a human lover probably wants to keep them. semi immortality and all that jazz.
>>
>>68317693
First of all, the laws of the land prevent them from doing so without serious repercussions. No it's not a Vampire-specific problem but it's definitely one of the main issues that would plague them.
Second of all, actually turning a Human into a Vampire is (in normal circumstances) a torturous endeavor where it's unlikely the Human recipient even survives, so for most couples the method is a hard sell.
So even if they had the miraculously rare secondary racial change option, they would still most likely deal with the local law enforcement and let me tell ya. You don't want to deal with said law enforcement.
>>
>>68317880
My nigga
>>
>>68317693
>just turn the human into a vampire
Turning into a vampire comes with significant mental changes along with the physical changes. Along with needing to drink blood you suddenly feel a great loosening of morals and loss of previous personality - important, because right when a vampire is newly created they need blood and if they're holding onto such pesky morals they won't drink the blood of the people around them and they'll die.

What that means is, people don't become vampires, people die, then feral near beast-like flesh-eaters start puppeting their body around with their memories. Those feral beasts may learn a semblance of self, morality and even more emotion than ravenous hunger, but it takes centuries, and such personalities that form tend to be far different than the original humans they had been before.

tl;dr turning their love into a vampire would destroy the parts of them that they loved, almost certainly.
>>
>>68317693
For the same reason paraplegics don't saw the legs off their partners that have a working pair.
>>
>>68317693
In some vampire novel I read it was explained as people changing when they become vampires, and also vampires being predators means they'll rather quickly turn from loving each other to seeing each other as rivals even if there's enough blood to go around.

A vampire either lives with a mortal who grows old and dies, or sees their beloved turn into different person who dislikes them.
>>
>>68318683
Hm, that could be a cool premise for something.
>>
>>68317693
For me, Vampires physically can’t turn anybody. Vampirism requires a human to die in a certain state similar to how vengeful Japanese ghosts are produced. Assuming that it would work, no the vampire’s love would be effectively be forced to have a unjust and agonizing death that make them hate the world and comeback with an evil vengeful personality kind of like what >>68318591 said earlier.
>>
Because only the Umbrarch has the power to create new vampires. All other vampires can, at most, turn a human into a ghoul.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.