[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What do I do to find a DnD session if my introversion and shyness are getting worse? One of my old VtM buddies who was always an asshole to me went too far tonight, and I feel like just deleting all my social media and play single player video games instead. DnD is a much nicer community, but it’s hard to find a group.
>>
File: social life.jpg (75 KB, 1024x682)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>68317351
>How to I indulge in a social hobby about interacting with other people when I don't want to put any effort into being social or interacting with other people.

You don't.
>>
>>68317374

So stick to single player RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim again? I’m starting to realize I prefer fun stories where I can control everything and don’t have to worry about what others think.
>>
>>68317351
>>68317394
Fight him in a carpark you faggot.
>>
>>68317408

I only met him online. Never met him in person.
>>
File: unsure.jpg (10 KB, 123x172)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>68317394
>Fallout
>Skyrim
>Role Playing Games

Ooof.
>>
>>68317423
Challenge him to a fight, then, with everybody else listening in.
>>
>>68317433

Well what do you suggest? New Vegas is my favorite by far.
>>
>>68317351
Sounds like you need to find a new group. The main problem is that one of the people in your group is an asshole, and you've had multiple issues with him in the past. Assuming you've approached him about it before and he hasn't stopped then it's time to move on. I'd try and find another group before bailing on the hobby entirely, since the issue is one particular player.
>>
>>68317394
buddy if you don't like the elements of other people, rpgs aren't for you.
that being said, if there's someone who's an asshole in your group, talk to them about it like an adult. stick up for yourself and you either know it's time to look for a new group or things improve.
>>
>>68317478
Well, personally I'd suggest suicide, but if you aren't into that the Neverwinter Nights games are alright. Planescape Torment is classic.
>>
>>68317351
>DnD is a much nicer community, but it’s hard to find a group.

No, it is not. For both of those things.
>>
>>68317525

So in general what form of entertainment do you suggest? I’ve already stated my preferences.
>>
File: DMing.jpg (43 KB, 500x427)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>68317351
Pic related. Be a forever-DM and the unwashed masses will come to you.
>>
>>68317554

I’m too shy and cave under pressure to DM. When I play DnD, I tend to sit back and idle until someone needs my Evil character for the more unsavory deeds.
>>
File: Every Warlock Ever.png (23 KB, 356x217)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>68317562
Evil characters are generally looked down upon in most groups unless the campaign is specifically pitched as an evil campaign.

Most people play DnD because they wana be heroic fantasy adventurers who save the world. Having some guy stab the party in their sleep, steal everyone's stuff, and kill children when nobody is looking kinda ruins the fun for everyone else.
>>
>>68317525

Also, I won’t lie. Tieflings got me super into DnD.
>>
>>68317595

I don’t do any of that. I just torture thieves, don’t stop people when they want to give me money, and be intimidating. I’m not stupid evil.

And honestly, being a goody two shoes bores me. I want to enjoy myself on my terms.
>>
>>68317394
>>68317478
>not even mentioning the good Fallout games
>>
>>68317351
Find friends first.
>>
>>68317695

I don’t like most people. What do?
>>
File: drow cave.png (1.88 MB, 2048x1578)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>68317771
You suck it up and try to make friends anyway, because anything in life worth doing takes actual effort, you fucking under-aged zoomer.
>>
>>68317796

Eh. Right now, I don’t even want any friends. Maybe that will change when I am in a better mood.
>>
>>68317817
And so you resign yourself to a habit in which you will never create anything substantial or meaningful because everything you do is dictated by random "moods".

If you wana be a little bitch who can't put work or effort into anything, that's fine. But if you go and complain about it like with this thread, you're going to be told in no uncertain terms that your problems are entirely your own fault and you're a shitter for not taking the steps necessary to fix them.
>>
>>68317848

Not my fault I was born with them. And I stopped caring about the world at large a while back.
>>
>>68317351
>I feel like just deleting all my social media and play single player video games instead.
I did this a few weeks ago. I was running a Shadowrun game and playing in a Fantasy Craft game(same group). I more or less lost my shit. Had enough of one particular munchkin player who was an intolerable shit who couldn't roleplay his way out of a wet paper bag who trivialized my game and the other. After a few frustratingly bad rolls, some shit players, and a DM who played favorites, I threw my hands up and said "fuck it". Removed them from all friends lists and outright stopped associating with them. I upgraded my computer and decided to play fucking video games instead.

Any medium to high fantasy systems that are much more fair in the martial/caster dichotomy than D&D and its derivatives? I'm sick of spellcasters being a better fighter than my fighter
>>
>>68317941
Dark Dungeons.
>>
>>68317941
> I more or less lost my shit
>who trivialized my game
>After a few frustratingly bad rolls, some shit players, and a DM who played favorites
>I'm sick of spellcasters being a better fighter than my fighter
autism in action.
thank god that group is rid of you now
>>
>>68317941
>Any medium to high fantasy systems

Fantasy-dedicated RPGs that other people actually play? I'm afraid not. Now, if you're willing to give generic systems a chance, I can make a couple of suggestions.
>>
>>68317941
Unironically DnD 4e. If that game did anything right, then giving Martials the tools to be effective and have a varied playstyle.

I've also heard good thing about using Mutants&Masterminds 3e to run stuff besides capeshit, since it's able to model most fantasy tropes fairly well.
>>
>>68317351
>Looks at cleavage in image
>Gee that skin texture sure looks fuzzy
>Look more closely at face
>Realize its probably supposed to be a Khajiit
I had a mod that did something similar in Oblivion. It was too jarring to hear the scratchy beast voices come out of human faces
>>
>>68318354
Nah, she's scarred. I seen more pics of her, nude too.
>>
>>68318162
>Now, if you're willing to give generic systems a chance, I can make a couple of suggestions.
Hit me with them.
>>
>>68318409
Genesys - it blatantly states their philosophy of design to implement magic into their rules system is so that magic is very utilitarian and flexible, but if you were to do the same thing using "mundane" methods, it would be more effective. So for example, a mage can zap someone with a spell, but the warrior with maximum strength is going to do more raw damage by smacking someone over the head with a two-handed hammer. However, the mage has the option of altering the spell to do stuff like poison their victim or set them on fire.

Savage Worlds is a simplistic system, and it's thanks to that simplicity that in terms of "raw numbers" magical effects are pretty even with "mundane effects" if we are talking raw damage here. If not, mundane characters get to spend their experience on a wide variety of talents that let them do all kinds of crazy shit, while mages can spend their experience either on those talents or spells to do crazy shit. It basically amounts to six of one, half a dozen of the other.
>>
>>68317873
It's not your fault for having these problems. It's your fault if you never do anything about it, but whine on the interwebs.
>>
>>68318419
t. the asshole player
>>
>>68317351
>DnD is a much nicer community
Fuck off, we're full. Especially of faggots.
>>
>>68317600
>tieflings
>posts a generic full-demon nu-tiefling
You've only ever played shit D&D qnd you don't even know what a real tiefling is.
>>
File: Caduceus yayyy.jpg (189 KB, 794x1191)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>68318575
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU HOMOPHOBIC SHITLORD!!!
>>
>>68317941
>frustratingly bad rolls
>as a dm
Wha-
>muh caster supremacy
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>68318617
>picture
What in the ever-living fuck?
>>
>>68318642
>>68318617
kafkaesque
>>
>>68318642
That's my sweetie-pie from Critical Role!
https://criticalrole.fandom.com/wiki/Caduceus_Clay
>>
>>68318659
>Critical Role!
Ewwww
>>
>>68318665
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!
>>
File: 19 page backstory.png (1.17 MB, 960x960)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>68317394
Yes, stay out of this hobby. Dealing with antisocials like you is one of it's main downsides. We just want to play elfgames, not be your therapist.
Tell us, how exactly did the other vampires bully you?
>>
>>68317351
Haven't you considered doing this several times now? Either go through with it or quit being a little bitch.

>>68317394
>So stick to single player RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim again?
You could, or you could try playing better CRPGs.
>>
>>68317374
/thread
>>
File: x-card.png (127 KB, 386x494)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>68317351
So tell us what he did that was going "too far".
>>
>>68317351
Unrelated, but What face/body mods do I need to achieve this look for my skyrimfus
>>
>>68317600
It's okay, I welcome you slightly in part because you'll trigger people on here for liking D&D 5e tieflings.
>>
>>68318721
t-they called my nosferatu ugly
>>
>>68318419
>using the word "memebrain"
Back to /vol/, /pol/ack tranny.
>>
Kind of a hedgehog dilemma,
I found myself stuck in a cycle of:
Want a group >
Found a group >
Running the game >
Remember why I hated people and stopped playing ttrpg >
Want a group

I have nobody to blame I guess.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.