[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Engine heart pic.png (2.37 MB, 849x1202)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
Hey /tg/ I am planning to run a game of engine heart(post apocalypse where you play as robots) and I am looking for some cool encounters to throw at the players. I am going to center the session around a corporate/residential tower that needs to be explored and I already have some encounters in mind, but I thought that maybe you guys had some cool ideas.
>>
>>68303606
An old Amazon warehouse clerk-robot in the basement who demands you present "bitcoins" or some other digital currency to pay for the goods his long-defunct company is selling, which are locked in a secure vault. Won't settle for any other kind of payment.
>>
>>68303606
An encounter with an early version AI that believes it's humans controlling security drones and traps
>>
>>68304206
Alternatively, an AI running a "newly" constructed office building still waiting for it's human employees to come.
>>
I will give you guys some idea on what I had in mind. The robots are tasked by the pest exterminator bots to destroy all the pests(plants mostly) that are ruining the power infrastructure. The Nova tower however has a jammer that seems to affect the flying drones that are usually tasked to remove hostile wildlife. The jammer is actually there to prevent drone espionage. A security AI is centered in the executive suites to prevent infiltration.(Also the place were the jammer is located/controlled from of course)

Thanks for the input guys.
>>
>>68303606
Do you have the Power and Light book or just the rulebook
>>
>>68304526
I have both.
>>
>>68304526
AH shit I just now noticed, what power and light is.Thought it was just a standalone adventure thing. I have been mostly using the base rule book(I have a bunch of files and some have power and light and some don't).
>>
>>68303606
Where can we find Engine Heart stuff?
>>
>>68306514
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Engine_Heart
>>
>>68306514
>Where can we find Engine Heart stuff?
It's all available for free download at viralgamespublishing.com
>>
>>68303606
Competing AIs with conflicting goals is an easy one.
>>
>>68303606
PCs have to impersonate the human CEO
>>
File: 1538398450923.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1440)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>68303606
>we're now in a future where people need to describe what Engine Heart is on /tg/
I wasn't prepared for this future.
>>
>>68311183
I thought that it would be better to explain it before I get people asking what it is.
>>
>>68303606
>>68304373
A secretary program that won't let them past into the offices unless they have an appointment
The elevators have a card key lock for certain floors. The card keys are on some human remains or certain bots can get past because they belong to that department, you'd have to convince them to let you in though
A janitor bot in the residential areas that isn't allowed to enter the suites without human permission. He REALLY wants to clean the suites and will do anything if you can figure out a way to give him access
An accounting program that has finished everything it was assigned to do and just really wants new numbers to crunch
The mailroom bot has some deliveries on the upper floors but it's legs gave out
An empty vending machine with a family of small creatures living in it. They aren't sure if they're mad about the intrusion or happy to be useful
>>
>>68312622
Ah yes, key card thing is a great excuse to stimulate exploration and determine the flow of exploration.
>>
File: nqKJIUP.gif (1.64 MB, 342x235)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>68312622
>The elevators have a card key lock for certain floors. The card keys are on some human remains
You could have fun with this letting the players decide whether to attempt to capture a key from a skeleton in a precarious/dangerous place, hotwire the elevator, or take on the ED-209 at the bottom of the stairwell
>>
A bunch of allahu ackbar roombas with c4 on them you can call doombas in a hotel
>>
>>68314228
Ouch.
>>
Space Elevator is AI controlled and still regularly used by bot-ships.
>>
It warms the cockles of my heart to see people still talking about Engine Heart. I highly recommend the supplemental book Power and Light. Even if you don't use the extra scenarios it's a wealth of bots and ideas.
>>
File: EH table 1.jpg (308 KB, 900x1357)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>
File: EH table 2.jpg (260 KB, 900x1213)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>68316352
>>
File: EH table 3.jpg (312 KB, 900x1355)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Rolled 7, 4 = 11 (2d10)

>>68316359
>>
Rolled 8, 7 = 15 (2d10)

>>68316374
>>
>>68316352
>>68316359
>>68316374
>>68316439

>buildings are upright but dangerously unstable
>several buildings (more than 5)
>electrical power supply to the area is disabled, but the power can easily be brought back online by someone who knows what they're doing
>there are a few working robots in the area, but no hierarchy

Sounds potentially comfy
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 9, 8, 6 = 30 (5d10)

>>68316488
Fuck yeah, my turn.
>>
>>68316566
Totally Flattened
Single Building
Hidden Power
Press of Robots
Police State

So a hundred robots crammed together in the single remaining building in an otherwise bombed out ruin, jealously guarding the only power source thanks to a dictatorial leader than demands strict hierarchy.
>>
>>68316594
>>68316566
Oh, wait, I did that wrong. Meh, I still like the fucked up version.
>>
File: bat-max-final-day-post1.jpg (714 KB, 1920x770)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>68303606
Here's a few ideas.
>A food court dominated by cockroaches, puppeted by a glitched out exterminator bot who has begun utilizing its inbuilt pheromone and sonic projectors designed to scare off roaches into moving them around like some kind of robotic pied piper. This robot is also the size of a roomba, and has delusions of grandeur.

>A small residential tower community garden area that's completely overgrown, roots and trees from the plants having broken into the higher floors. Several garden plants, like tomatoes, are present.

>A former day care that has been turned into a small scale battlefield between two camps of toy constructor robots that originated from a child's show and tell. Each has the power source charger that lets them continue, and each wants the others's power supply. They've used the remains of toys, building blocks, decayed art supplies, and various playground equipment as infrastructure, including some rather fantastical stuff with some durable as hell legos.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.