[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Welcome to the General general!

Previous Thread: >>68194635

Possibly useful shiz: https://pastebin.com/h8Tz2ze8

>Factoid: In the 18 months that the permanent pastebin link has been around, the pastebin has averaged over 430 hits per month.

> What game has your group played the most in 2019?

> What game are you wanting to hit the table more?

> What game(s) are you looking to add to your collection this year?
>>
First for Keyflower being the best game ever
>>
File: pic1885326.jpg (65 KB, 429x600)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Istanbul, cocksuckas. Is it trash or what
>>
>>68268762
It certainly isn't Constantinople.
>>
>>68268762
It's alright, a light-mid filler game.

>>68268387
Based Motivational image poster is back

Timewise? TI4. For 'games played' probably Decrypto. Though we've been hitting El Grande pretty regularly recently. A bit of a problem is that I am a Cult-of-the-new idiot that will most often want to try out the newest game instead of just playing something we know is great.

I REALLY want to finally get a game of Cry Havoc together again, only played that a single time in a whole year, but we mostly are 5-6 people. Not complaining though.

I got weak a few days ago and ordered 51st state after seeing the same 2-3 guys shilling on /bgg/ day after day - and I have no dedicated deckbuilder in my collection anymore. Oh, and I've ordered Dune, but that'll probably arrive in October
>>
>>68268387
>> What game has your group played the most in 2019?
Spirit Island, followed by evolution climate, and a third place tie between Pax Pamir and Paper Tales
>> What game are you wanting to hit the table more?
An Infamous Traffic, Merchants and Marauders w expansion, Root, Stronghold, Food Chain Magnate, all of my two player card games. Gaming once a week for four hours doesn't cut it anons.
>> What game(s) are you looking to add to your collection this year?
I'm waiting on Oceans and Root: Underworld to deliver, Bios:Genesis to ship, and yet I'm still hankering for Watergate, Calimala, and Sidereal Confluence. I also need to own a copy of Pax Pamir. Playing my friends is great, but who knows where he'll be in five-ten years.
>>
File: 1566587744900.jpg (15 KB, 362x372)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>68269034
>Oh, and I've ordered Dune, but that'll probably arrive in October
Fuck me im >>68269059 and I totally forgot about Dune. Also added to my wishlist. I don't have the time or budget anymore for the type of boardgame experience i desire.
>>
>>68269023
i see what you did there
>>
What was that game where everyone plays a merchant and has to smuggle goods past an inspector?
>>
>>68269166
Sheriff of Nottingham.
>>
>>68269166
Sheriff of Nottingham?
>>
>>68269477
oh cool, thanks.
>>
File: image001.png (44 KB, 418x457)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>68268452
2nd that.

>played the most in 2019
don't know, I think logging plays is an autistic excuse to avoid cleaning up half the game.
>>
>>68269638
I thought so myself, but I find the statistics you get from it pretty interesting. Also a kind reminder to me for getting rid of games I never play, I want to force myself to not own over 60 games.

>>68269059
>Gaming once a week for four hours doesn't cut it anons.
We game more or less just once a month, but if we do it's around 1400-0300. Dont know if that's good or bad, but at least I get some longer games to the table. But 4h seems like hell if its a heavier game and you need to explain it first
>>
>>68268387
>played
Gloomhaven. Sick of it, not because it's bad, but I have very limited leisure time and I wish we played something, anything else for variety.
>want to play
Lisboa sits unopened in my shelf
>WTB
Dominant Species, Here I Stand, Kanban.
Haven't been keeping up with the new releases, so I don't know if there are any new instant classics out. Seems like the new fad is campaign style RPG-lite/crawlers.
>>
>>68269769
I do love me some stats, but it usually turns out to be a waste of time pouring over numbers late at night as much as I love it. I agree with cutting down on games, but I do it just as well without religiously logging results.

I also prefer to have a marathon day session. I don't understand getting out to a place after work and playing one maybe 2 games. I also love conventions for these marathon sessions. But I don't hear much about conventions on here.
>>
File: 1567096084492.gif (1.5 MB, 355x225)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
Same Healy is leaving dice tower in 2020
>>
>>68270341
Boss, I'm gonna need sauce on that rumor.
>>
Brilliant systems that aren't being ripped off enough
>Roads&Boats
Pick up and deliver is the most underrated genre there is. Building logistical chains is more satisfying than autistic engines
>Advanced Squad Leader
I'm having tons of fun learning Starter Kit 3 and it's shocking to me that things like geomorphic maps and scenario sheets aren't more widespread
>COIN
Single deck-driven games with asymmetey effortlessly create dynamic yet restrained narratives
>>
>>68270341
>>68270341
I don't know why I hate him so much. I don't even watch dice tower stuff. But Sam Healey is one of the most unlikeable people I've ever seen. Absolutely nothing about him is redeeming. Wouldn't even play TI with him, he seems like the sort of guy that forgets about lots of rules and gets angry when reminded.
>>
For a group with 4 players experienced with medium to heavy euro games how hard is Twilight Imperium 4e to learn?
>>
>>68271308
Not at all. The game is long, but not hard. Problems that might arise:
- Hyper Metabolism Tech being misprinted
- Space Cannon/Planetary Shields rules
- Racial ability/tech stuff

And all of those are easy to google because people ask them every 2 weeks on bgg.

I'd also recommend everyone watches a rules explanation and to set the components up beforehand, though - as it is your first game, it might take pretty long.
>>
File: tlhy.jpg (180 KB, 675x900)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>68268387
Gloomhaven, though fortunately we've not played Gloomhaven exclusively. I don't hate it, but I'm just not a huge fan of either dungeon crawlers or coops.
Pax Pamir, Pericles (LOL prob not gonna happen), some COIN games, Churchill.
Pax Porfiriana, and maybe Pax Transhumanity. 2nd hand copy of Pax Renaissance if one can be found for a reasonable price, though that seems doubtful.

>>68270771
>Starcraft/Forbidden Stars and Pericles
The last-in-first-out orders system that these games use. Sometimes maddeningly frustrating when you've fucked up the order, or had your orders made meaningless by other players, but oh so fun and ocassionaly rewarding in that rare instance when you don't fuck it up. It's probably not the easiest system to implement in games thematically, however.

>geomorphic maps
Oh man have you seen the maps from The Last Hundred Yards? I know not everyone likes the hex-style, but I think the mapboards are gorgeous (and they've got elevation contours!). Hex-and-counter type games still aren't my thing but man some of them do look good.
>>
>>68269901
if you have a full game of 6 HIS is one of the best games ever imo
>>
File: 1567198184457.jpg (62 KB, 362x447)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>68270580
Not a rumor. Live Q+A with the man himself streamed a few hours ago, and it was announced. He'll still be around for conventions, but the commute for regular videos is apparently too much.
The world mourns.
>>
File: 91SyU1pENRL._SX425_.jpg (52 KB, 425x470)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Played Village (+ Inn expansion) last saturday and must say: Village is so underappreciated, it is such a gem. I suppose it is because it's "just" a very good, midweight, midlength euro that does nearly everything right.

So, which games did you guys rediscover lately?
>>
>>68268387
I played Time of Crisis (the GMT game about the Roman empire) last weekend. It was fucking incredible (and I'm not just saying that because I fluked my way into winning). I don't normally like multiplayer beat-up-the-leader games, but I had a really good time. The hand management was a fun twist on deckbuilding, the board strikes a good balance between being tight enough that combat is always worthwhile but big enough that you have options besides fighting every single turn, and the Level 4 cards are all-but guaranteed to lead to some kind of exciting climax. Would heavily recommend.
>>
I've watched several videos about Food Chain Magnate and it seems really neat, but is it 125 smackroos worth of neat?
>>
>>68272323
one problem i have with that game is that without the expansion theres not a whole lot of reason other than killing barbarians to invest in a big army. the consequences of getting your provinces invaded by another roman player is that they have a slightly easier time taking the province over with dice rolls
>>
>>68272343
As someone who was on the fence buying it for an""""""mere"""""" €80, I can't tell you because I didn't pull the trigger, but I got 2 other games for the money and don't think I've made the wrong decision.

Also, how on earth does the arguably ugly artwork with a few cards and cardboard justify that price? Agricola has a million cards, wood and cardboard and costs not even half the price.
>>
File: 1464045097581.gif (2.85 MB, 240x180)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
>>68271054
That's just your typical "fat fuck attitude".
They have to compensate with board games for being so shit at everything else like work, sex, hygiene etc... so when they get beaten or corrected at board games/video games, they go mental.

It's all they got, poor, sad, fat humans.
>>
>>68270341
I was thinking of someone else when I saw that name
>>
>>68272754
based and redpilled.
i dont frequent fph over on /fit but you make a compelling argument
>>
>>68272212

He always seemed annoyed and that he didn't want to be in 90% of the videos, but also it seems he's always like that. The little I watched him play with some kids (some of them his kids) made me realize that's just one part of his personality.

On the other hand, the guy is a little controversial but his opinions were worth it most of the time.

He'll be missed in the DT
>>
>>68272276
Is it?
Tried it once and I couldn't really feel the theme at all.
>>
>>68272848
that character is the wooooooooorst
>>
>>68272754

I'd like to add the note that it's the "Fat fuck" attitude, not the "fat guy" attitude: Most fat guys are aware that if they act like big pissy babies, they're acting like a "fat fucks": because there's plenty of hard-working fat guys, and fat guys who get laid, because as long as you're not a tool, people are pretty willing to overlook your size. But when you get pissy and flip out over little things, you switch categories.

I personally think it's a reverse-issue: I think those fat-fucks got so fat because of that shitty attitude: they hate being "wrong", so they don't try new things, they just sit at home and eat their feelings, and end up malignant mumps.
>>
>>68272535
>few cards and cardboard justify that price? Agricola has a million cards, wood and cardboard
It might not have the oodles of pieces Agricola has, but it still has a ton of wooden tokens for food, and 222 cards to agri's 360. It is also published by a company run by literally two dudes as a side gig It isnt component quantity that justifies price, but the resources of the publisher. Z-Man games has warehouses, games printed in China, and nowadays the resources of Asmodee at their disposal. Splotter was originally making games by hand, they dont have offices/warehouses to rent, storage for thousands of copies of their catalogue to wait around. Why Splotter doesnt use kickstarter or GMTs P500 method seems to be up to the preferences of the two dudes that just want to make some games for fun, rather than for profit.
Still makes getting any of their titles a bitter pill to swallow, but there you go.
>>
>>68273046
Funny, I found it suprisingly strong (and funny).
Grandpa, who spent his whole life as an apprentice and finished his magnum opus, a single Plow, before dying and his children immediately selling it. Grandma, who became a drunk and survived the whole game whilst everybody that worked hard died. Their son, whom they sent to become a monk a boy and who only finished his studies decades later whilst his sister flees.this horrible town and so on.
>>
>>68274060
You sound like a guy I'd enjoy board games with.
>>
>>68271308
>Four players
I mean, it's the least balanced number possible, but at least your games will theoretically be slightly shorter.
>>
>>68269901
I feel you on gloomhaven man. I really enjoy it but damn its all my group plays and I never get to bring anything else to the table
>>
>>68274060
Fair enough, it's just that whenever I'm moving cubes I don't feel it.
>>
>>68269901
Don't buy dominant species, overrated game.
Not bad, but not that good either.
Cards are unbalanced and make the game less enjoyable.
>>
>>68272898
lol wut? his opinions are awful. He is a huge man child who only is able to enjoy games if they have a geeky thing. I've never cringed so much than when he dismissed Pret-a-Porter because of the theme, and said it would be better if it was about videogame design... fuck off. Glad he is gone.
>>
Does Root hold up after 20+ games? Balance? Kingmaking issues? Holes in design, exploitable/railroaded strategies?
I'm looking for a game to explore and master and Root seems interesting
>>
>>68276359
I've only played it 10 ish times, but it seems like between the inherent asymmetry and your group's meta, there's a lot to explore. It seems like you can't really get a solid game in until everyone has a good understanding of what each faction does, and that might take awhile.
>>
Sell me on lisboa as someone whose experience with heavy euros is limited to through the ages
>>
>>68268387
Gloomhaven
A Song of Blades and Heroes
Five Tribes. Hope it's worth buying because I can't seem to find a copy for much less than $70.
>>
>>68268387
>Factoid: In the 18 months that the permanent pastebin link has been around, the pastebin has averaged over 430 hits per month.
Times it was me: zero
You guys make me glad I didn't gloomhaven. Dinosaur Island hit three table the most and most total play time.
Dinosaur Island. Anything really, haven't had a game night in a month, my eye is starting to twitch.
At one point it was Dinosaur island xtreme, kind of over it now but if the price drops or there is another kickstarter I'll probably pick it up.
>>
File: X7QyGiE.jpg (205 KB, 600x927)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>68269034
>I got weak a few days ago and ordered 51st state after seeing the same 2-3 guys shilling on /bgg/ day after day
*forms a pyramid by tapping finger tips* Good. Good.
>>

Group's lineup has been volatile this year so we've been trapped at three members. Looking to expand soon though. The only game that's hit the table at least four times, at least as best I can recall, is Root, followed by my own recently-acquired darling Millennium Blades.

Root, but we need the numbers for it -- we need to get back up to a consistent 4 players. Millennium Blades otherwise.

I have Dune on the way (or I will eventually when GF9 gets their shit together), and I'm planning to get Metal Gear Solid in December.
>>
>>68268762
I've said this before.
It's fiiine. Nooothing wrong with it. Kind of puzzly, move around the board, drop your workers for actions, find the optimal path to get what you need, all o that is fine and dandy
BUT!
It lacks tension for my taste. There's no drama.
Everyone's busy doing their thing, getting fruits and shit, selling stuff at the market, kicking your good for nothing nephew back to the can then someone buys a 5th ruby and the thing is over, just like that. Other multiplayer solitaire euros have more tension with the end of game point rallies.
It's not a bad game by any metric, it's just not for me.
>>
>>68277502
Well, for one, it is prettier.
That's all I got.
I'll let you know when I finally get to play my copy.
>>
i have a idea for a board game
where do i sent it so i can become a billionaire?
>>
>>68268762
First time I played I predicted my win 7 turns in advance -- out loud, though I didn't explain how I was going to do it. A few moves by other players delayed that by 3 turns by forcing me through slightly more roundabout routes but I still won, just in 10 turns instead of 7, and by the time people realized how I was going to get there and started delaying me they couldn't win -- only delay the inevitable.
Now, some of those guys were playing for the first time too, and I tend to be the guy in my group who gets at LEAST second in basically everything we play, so maybe there were extenuating circumstances that made this possible, but I tend to prefer games with enough unknowns to force me to fly more seat-of-my-pants -- if I can solve the board 7-10 turns out, something's wrong. Maybe that something's just me being an asshole, but there's a problem SOMEWHERE.
>>
>>68280400
The flaw is probably that there's very little to punish or hold back someone who knows where to go and in which order. There are no catch-up mechanics, if you find the fastest way to get the rubies and can plan it ahead of time you can probably win without much opposition.
You found the optimal route. That means you're highly analytical. Maybe in the spectrum?
>>
>>68280337
Kickstarter
Just make sure you include dice rolling combat and 50 tons of plastics and minis. Multi million dollar first time kickstarter for sure.
>>
>>68281064
Not giving it any money unless there are Kickstarter exclusives to make me feel like a special boy
>>
>>68280618
> That means you're highly analytical. Maybe in the spectrum?
Autism doesn't make you smarter. Quite the opposite, autists are retards and would have been smarter without their disability.
>>
>>68280400
> but there's a problem SOMEWHERE
The problem is that you're playing with tards.
>>
To this day I don't think I saw a single playthrough on YouTube for any game more complex than Carcassonne that didn't feature at least several rules mistakes. Shit fucking triggers me.
>>
>>68281437
To be fair, there's a lot of extra mental activity going on that sometimes you're just going to miss stuff even if you know the game back-to-front.
>>
File: summon2.jpg (882 KB, 1024x772)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>68274416
>>
>>68268762
I enjoy it as a nice, light Euro to start off or end the evening with. The first expansion is pretty good too.

>>68272343
Get it on sale somewhere, it's a good game but the components are definitely NOT worth that much.

>>68275119
I just tried this game for the first time recently and I was wondering about the cards, some seemed way better than others.

>>68280400
>>68280618
It's easy to delay or even block people, just buy rubies before them so the price increases or camp spots with your followers to force them to pay. I'd say your group needs more experience.
>>
>>68281679
Fucking Amazing, Anon. I laughed for a straight minute.
>>
>>68268387
TI4, followed by Arboretum and Concordia apparently.
All of them.
Dune and probably nothing else.
>>
>>68281437
I really don't understand it either, anon. Haven't watched many playthroughs, but I cannot fathom how people whose acutal job is boardgaming manage to fuck up a lot of rules. You'd think they'd be extra careful.

>>68274416
>least balanced number possible
Ever played a 3 player game featuring Saar? We had to stop the game turn 3. Though I agree, anything below 5 isn't optima.

>>68281679
Excellent
But why did you add a knife in panel 1?
>>
>>68281907
>why did you add a knife?

Not the artist, but there's an ongoing joke about Mrs Steev always being down to stab someone. The specifics escape me, sadly.
>>
>>68281907
>>68281941
Someone got (accidentally) stabbed once during a board game at Steev's house.
>>
File: kane.gif (787 KB, 480x360)
787 KB
787 KB GIF
>>68281679
It's...

It's beautiful.
>>
>>68281735
>I just tried this game for the first time recently and I was wondering about the cards, some seemed way better than others.
Indeed, some are painfully better than others, and the fact that you will get to see all cards in every game doesn't help.
Some give you few VP or let you put few cubes, while others let you get an additional AP token, what's more a permanent one: everyone can tell the latter is much, much better, especially if used early in the game.
The thing is, dominance cards are supposed to be the core mechanic of the game itself, and that kinda sucks.
It's a pity cause I really like the game and I think it would be great with a different system.
>>
Aeon Trespass: Odyssey is the new hotness on KS, are you backing it?
>>
>>68282584
>Backing KS trash
Not
Even
Once
>>
>>68282629
I backed Lisboa, KS version has nice upgraded components. No ragrets.
>>
File: Suicide_pepe.jpg.cf.jpg (16 KB, 358x398)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>tfw want to play GMT wargames but none of my normie friends can even be taught Twilight Struggle
It's okay, right? Fire in the Lake is just as fun solo, r-right?
>>
How's player interaction in Orleans?
>>
>>68282934
There's a lot of ways you can beat your opponent to doing something they wanted to do, but there's no direct way to hurt your opponent.
>>
>>68282688
But lisboa is available in stores because it turned out to be a good game and didn't have insane shipping problems due to inexperience/incompetence. True, I maybe pay 10-20 bucks more for it (didnt look it up desu), but I really thing that outweights the risks of KS.
>>
>>68283105
Would you say it's lower or higher than in Castles of Burgundy? Also is it bad with 2p?
>>
>>68282584
looks like KDM without tits
>>
>>68268762
Really good game if you add the first expansion. Skip the mail expansion.
>>
>>68283143
About the same I imagine, although it probably feels more impactful in Castles of Burgundy.
I don't really like the game all that much personally so I'm not too experienced with it, but I imagine it's fine for 2p.
>>
>>68283429
Is that a good thing?
>>
>>68281126
I give out exclusive Kickstarter Dice with SEVEN sides on them, with a bonus sleeve for gold backers so you can always get a higher number than those poors with their boring six sided unsleeved dice.
>>
File: Dude....jpg (59 KB, 650x488)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>68283957
> sleeved dice.
Oh God! What have I started?!?...
>>
>>68268387
>What game has your group played the most in 2019?
I'm a member of technically four groups around my city(one monthly huge group with dozens of games going on simultaneously, two fortnightly groups with usually two-three groups of games going on and one group of my mates that meets up every two months or so) and I think the most played games across those groups for me is Wingspan(4 times), then Space Base(3 times) and Azule(3 times), followed by Root(2 times), Ticket to Ride(2 times) and Flamme Rouge(2 times).

>What game are you wanting to hit the table more?
Scythe. I have the full game and all three expansions and I've got it to the table once this year. Really want to give the Rise of Fenris a shot but I can't organise a regular group who are up for it.

>What game(s) are you looking to add to your collection this year?
Pax Pamir and Dune and maybe Lisboa. Dune I've ordered at my LGS, Pax Pamir I'm going in later this week to see what they can do if they can do anything. Lisboa I'm probably going to wait until next year to see how I'm feeling.
I might use whatever Christmas money I get to get Twilight Imperium just so I can hijack my mates weekend and take up ten hours of life from everyone. A couple of years back we actually had a boys long weekend away at the Gold Coast, got drunk and played a ton of Catan and Risk and I was too drunk to understand how Scythe worked so we didn't play it.

>>68284015
You haven't started anything, you were merely witness to destiny-in-motion.
>>
>>68269034
>I got weak a few days ago and ordered 51st state

As long as you like engine builders and high interaction, this'll knock it out of the park for you. Imagine every other engine builder you've played except you actually give a shit about what other players are doing at every turn.

The Allies expansion upgraded this tenfold since you can use those faction tokens to raze cards from the other factions. I think I razed a good 6-7 cards last time I played and drowned in resources.
>>
>>68281064
>all those fucking miniatures for sucessors and Hannibal/Hamilcar
I'm not using any of that shit, you faggots
>>
>>68282710
steam? ill TTS twilight struggle w/you anon. theres also Vassal
>>
File: pic2206216.jpg (101 KB, 800x600)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Is Deus a good game?
>>
>>68284516
I played it once and it's.. alright? I do like the area control-ish aspects and how you want to maximize your influence on the board while restricting your opponents as much as possible. Not keen on the massive lack of interaction outside of it however, but it does work well. The tableau building portion was pretty swell, and I appreciate that a lot of it is one-off effects and that there's a hard limit to how many of a certain type you can build; once you've slapped your last resource-generating card down, that's it, no massive "hahah I activate all 5 cards this turn!" stuff, you're straight up never using resource generators again outside of the "discard a green card and do things" action.
>>
>>68284119
>>68279884
Well, I'll be sure to post results. But it might take an entire month until our next game day. Is it any good as a 1v1?
>>
>>68284759
I think it's almost ideal at 1v1, but another person has said they think it's more fragile there. I'd say it depends on the expansion - any of them but New Era seem fine in 1v1, New Era just has some cards that are really strong when combined (get 1 point when razing, draw a card when razing, combining those two mean you're going to go a bit nuts and if the opponent can't manage to raze one of them, they're probably going to lose).
>>
>>68283839
actually scratch that, they even sell pinup minis with exposed bossom
>>
>>68268762
Given it is a race, rather then pure point salad, I'd argue it is good. Kinda needs to be played with a largely random board, excepting certain places being close together.

Expansions are not a good idea, base is what I would stick with.
>>
>>68269769
Long sessions are generally best, especially if you play the same game throughout.
>>
>>68268452
Eh... it is a worker placement were you can place workers to get more workers. At this point I am starting to feel like either you should never be able to get more workers in a worker placement, or everyone should get them at the same time.
>>
>>68281269
The benefit of autism isn't intelligence. It's essentially weaponized attention span. Hard work is a form of talent and it's what autists tend to do for fun. Hardly matters how intelligent you are when you're trying to beat autists at their own game.
>>
>>68285741
There's more to it my little hombre. Engine builder, set collecting, awesome bidding game, key tile placement. The rules for these are so terribly written, it's a wonder someone learned how to play.
>>
>>68285751
autism is comorbid with ADD/ADHD so most of the time this is neutralized and they are just retards. t.such an individual
>>
>>68285741
>or everyone should get them at the same time.
Has any game ever done this? Where when you get a new worker everyone benefits with their own new worker so you're always hoping that someone else cracks first to save you the resource/time needed to recruit more workers OR you pay more and only you get a worker but the cost is painful enough that you'd consider just giving everyone their extra worker.

Could be interesting twist on the genre.
>>
>>68286325
A Feast for Odin

At the end of every round everyone gets a worker, no action required
>>
>>68286325
Rajas of the Ganges, sort of, barely. Anyone whose turn gets skipped due to a lack of workers gets some nice compensation. What you're describing would make me wonder why anyone would bother getting an extra worker at all (assuming the designer doesn't take the easy way out and attach a large bonus for being the person to bite the bullet).

>>68286419
That's different.
>>
>>68284516
I always get it confused with Elysium, which was a much much better game.
>>
File: file.png (4.41 MB, 2560x1702)
4.41 MB
4.41 MB PNG
Is Onitama worth the buy or something like The Duke is better? I'm looking for an abstract game with a theme attached to it. Some complexity and replayability are heavily favored.

Recommendations are welcomed.
>>
>>68286962
Get Hive, and The Duke for your abstract needs.
>>
>>68286325
Puerto Rico?
>>
>>68286962
>Duke
Do you really want an abstract with randomness?
>>
>>68286012
no reason to get it since le havre exists
>>
>>68287420
But that's true for every game that's not Le Havre, yet here I am dropping $80 on the new Vast.
>>
>>68284547
>>68284547
thanks, since i don't like the look of it nor the reviews it's a pass.
>>
>>68287470
i'm just saying that le havre has the keyflower's key mechanic and is at the same time less fiddly, more streamlined, and deeper.
>>
>>68287495
>i'm just saying that le havre has the keyflower's key mechanic
In that case, you are incredibly retarded, and the only correct thing in what you said was that Le Havre is the better game (and possibly the fiddly bits, but they're close enough). Where the fuck are the auctions, tile placement, and colored-worker system in Le Havre.
>>
>>68283143
Orleans haa an intrigue expansion board that will allow you to directly mess with your opponents. Instead of spending your workers on the Town Hall for points or multipliers, you spend them to destroy other people's resources or lower their position on the tracks.
>>
>>68287605
it's pricey though and not that easy to find.
>>
>>68285741
Name another game that flawlessly combines auction, aggressive worker placement, tile management, pickup-and-deliver, all while achieving incredible depth with simple rules, scaling equally well up to 6, having small footprint, and playing under 30 min per player. I'll wait.
>>
>>68287672
None come to mind immediately, but why do I need that precise combination of features?
>>
File: 1567892171054.jpg (132 KB, 1080x1349)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
what i'm getting out of this is i should probably add Le Havre to my collection... right?
>>
>>68288370
>not having le havre yet
nah you dont deserve it
>>
>>68288390
i was told caverna was the superior lookout game.... i never see you guys mention it :(
>>
File: IMG_20190322_0324335.jpg (1.3 MB, 5216x2934)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>68272276
Skip the Inn expansion and play Port. Makes the game better. Travel is broken and weak in the base games. Completely fixed in Port. Village is a favorite of mine. Wonderful German game.
>>
File: 1372131756151.jpg (18 KB, 414x301)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>68288305
Go play solitaire elsewhere.
>>
File: 1458233980869.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>68282584
I'm actually backing it.
Looks kinda cool and at a much lower price than KDM.
Hopefully it's as good or better.

They removed the hit-location deck and item-sets which is ok.
>>
File: CY6DEZOWEAAFa1Q.png (330 KB, 599x397)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>68284759
>Is it any good as a 1v1?
Yes.
>>
>>68284759
Get Neuroshima Hex! or Monolith Arena if you're looking for 1v1s
>>
>>68288833
IDK, I really, really like Inn, and both can be combined. Haven't really looked into port - as said, I haven't played village in while. Does it add something other than better travel?

I'd recommend Inn wholeheartedly. Not only is the inn itself a ton of fun, the fifth player works so flawlessly well that one has to question why it wasn't included in the basegame.
>>
>>68289818
Does it really look that similar to KDM? Never played it.
I just backed 1$ so I can have access to PM later on and decide whether to get it or not.
>>
>>68268387
Really hard to tell since we haven't been playing a lot this year due to conflicting schedules, but should be either Brass Birmingham or Charterstone
>> What game are you wanting to hit the table more?
All of them, since we haven't been playing a lot this year due to conflicting schedules. A Feast for Odin, Scythe and Eldritch Horror stand out probably
>> What game(s) are you looking to add to your collection this year?
Nemesis. It should be shipping out this month, so hopefully we'll play it in a couple of weeks. Really wanna buy Clans of Caledonia too, but will probably wait till christmas
>>
>>68281679
>summon2
Is there a summon1?
>>
>>68290391
Do you guys have house rules for canals and beers?
Been playing Brass a bit and those two are simply too good compared to the rest.
>>
How much do expansions improve Scythe?
>>
>>68287672
That all sounded great until I actually played Keyflower and had a disjointed, aimless experience. In other words, it had poor UX design. Which is strange considering the art is great.
>>
>>68287049
>>68286962
Just play normal chess already and stop wasting your time.
>>
>>68290473
The Air Ships expansion is highly recommended, the others less so. Obviously if you want to increase the player count to 5 or 6, then that expansion will also be desirable.
>>
File: Cast 'Summon STEEV'.jpg (266 KB, 628x625)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>68290410
Why yes, yes there is...
>>
>>68290791
Does someone have a screencap of this stabbing?
>>
File: Damnit tg.png (223 KB, 480x621)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>68271700
>have you seen the maps from The Last Hundred Yards?
Pic related - MFW And you know you read that in Erik Cartman's voice too.
Damnit /tg/! I went out and bought a copy this past Friday from the FLGS (before you posted about it in this thread) after looking at it there previously and seeing Anons here recommending it. I am NOT dissappoint!

I'd agree that map graphics are gorgeous, and the counters are clean and well designed. Who knows how long it will be before I get the game to the table, but I zero regerts! I think a number of my ASL maps will also work with this system too.
>>
File: 1506817525098.jpg (59 KB, 600x474)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>68290791
>someone got stabbed in my game but only ince
>>
>>68290421
Nay. We play as is.
>>
File: Brace-4-impact.jpg (39 KB, 500x645)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>68291090
Are you trying to get stabbed?
>>
>>68286962
Its worth a buy but honestly it's such a simple game I would only shell out for a more pimped version. Stone pieces say. Even some nice wood.
>>
>>68290473
Two new factions are fun, but don't improve the game, just add variety. Haven't played the airships, but i don't feel like scythe needs another mechanic
>>
>>68286325
Honestly I was thinking it more like a turn count or boardstate trigger. Like on turn 6 everyone gets another worker, or in round two you get another worker, or once someone has 6 tiles in their tableau everyone gets a worker.
>>
>>68291752
Aren't you bothered by that?
>>
>>68287672
>auction,
The auction is interesting, but not really a perfect auction. Because you kinda wanna stall to take actions after other players are out of resources, it get really weird.
>aggressive worker placement
In my very limited experience, people tend to avoid worker placing except on their boards/boards they plan to win. At most there is a race to snipe the first placement on a couple boards for tempo reasons... but the tax to play second isn't game changing.
>tile management
I guess the tile positioning is cool? doesn't have infinite depth. Most placements are fairly obvious.

>pickup-and-deliver
I hadn't played other games in this genre really, so this was fairly interesting. Did seem kinda like a side show to getting more workers.

>all while achieving incredible depth with simple rules
I guess it was kinda deep, except getting more workers is usually the best possible action. I would not say the rules are all that simple. Smoothly scaling? Yeah. I got them fairly quickly(excepting some of the stuff related to changing bids), but a lot of people I played with were scratching their heads throughout.

>scaling equally well up to 6
What? It is the same clusterfuck any game with many choices of action at 6. Would not recommend playing over 4, probably 3 is best. Especially when individual players turns can scale wildly in length.

>having small footprint
What? Are you nuts? This thing needs all the space for bidding, player tablaeus, the ship market, the upcoming decks... this is a big game.

>playing under 30 min per player.

Pretty sure I doubt this given the number of choices at any one time.
>>
>>68286962
Hive gets recommended all the time, but it's for good reason. I can't get anybody to play chess, or even draughts, but show them the bugs and suddenly they're happy to play a strategy game. That alone is worth the purchase.
>>
>>68293134
> trying to get unranked people to play chess

found your problem
>>
>>68293583
Yeah, that kind of is a problem where I live. Thankfully, there's online or I would never get to play at all.
>>
Since Sam Healey is leaving TDT, will they get a different third guy on the Top Ten lists, or will Tom just talk about religion even more and act like kind of an asshole?
>>
>>68292203
>aggressive worker placement
Using a worker on another's village gives him a worker, yes, but also hinders the player because he now has to spend more workers of the color YOU chose if he wants to use his own tile. If you've been paying attention you'll know which color is his weak spot. Extra good when the tile has a nice ability that helps you score.
>>
>>68268762

I like it but the expansions add too much AP. I'd play it again but without them.
>>
>>68292203
>Because you kinda wanna stall to take actions after other players are out of resources, it get really weird.
By 'stalling' you allow other players to dictate the color of bidding
>In my very limited experience, people tend to avoid worker placing except on their boards/boards
Rounds 1-3 are usually mild on board interaction, but round 4 always turns into all-out war to fuck the other guy over. Since meeples typically become largely worthless (meeple-scoring tiles are worst in the game anyway), you can use them in a very proactive way. Don't forget that you can activate a tile with any number of meeples as long as you don't exceed the total of 6. That let's you, for example, instantly make a good transport tile worthless for a player who was really banking on its capacity.
>Most placements are fairly obvious.
It's not rocket science by any means, but for such a fleeting element of the game there're many things to consider, being unable to cram a scoring tile near resource production can void your entire game
>I guess it was kinda deep, except getting more workers is usually the best possible action. Funny you say that considering that the game's mechanics largely contradict MOAR WORKERS strategy. Workers by their own are worth nothing for scoring, as I mention meeple-related tiles suck, and color system means that you can't always rely on numbers. It does you no good to have 15 red workers if the tile you really wanted gets bid with a blue one. Also, meeple-generating tiles aren't worth any points when upgraded and will be exploited by your opponents.
>What? Are you nuts? This thing needs all the space for bidding, player tablaeus, the ship market, the upcoming decks... this is a big game.
Keyflower is one of the smallest games in my collection space-wise. There is no central cardboard, tokens are kept in a bag, I keep all resources in one bowl.
>Pretty sure I doubt this
I play it mostly 3 player, and we typically finish under 90 minutes
>>
>>68295946
>Talk about religion even more
I cant remember I've heard Tom mentioned religion at all except for maybe one time he said he and Sam was doing missionary work in South Korea years ago.

I hate religion, but I have no problem with Tom or Sam in that sens because they never mentioned it.
>>
>>68268452
>Not TI4
>Not Lisboa
>Not Netrunner
>Not 51st state

Keyflower is ok though, but not super.
>>
anyone ever play tammany hall?
>>
>>68295946
I bet they'll add one of their female diversity hires, the annoying black one or the annoying asian one
>>
>>68298507
Oh shit. One of the few females I tollerate from youtube board game channels is the girl from AntLab Games. I think everyone else that I has seen/heard on youtube is pretty cringe worthy.
>>
I want a female Joel Eddy to join Dice Tower.
>>
>>68292051
No, why should we be? It's not like if one person pursues the beer/logistics route he locks the others out of it. It's an equal opportunity game
>>
>>68295946
You're full of shit. Tom never talks about religion and sam only mentions religion when it's appropriate to do so, like when religion is essencial to the theme of the game
>>
>>68298507
Might make their channel even more unwatchable than the abomination that is/was Healey
>>
>>68298281
I just know I want it and I know I fucked up by not buying it when it was $40
>>
>>68298281
looked into it, but it's pretty rare/expensive nowadays
>>
>>68298124
>FFG plastic and cardboard waste containers
>any good
>>
>>68290391
Late reply, but w/e
How is Charterstone? I already have a few worker placement games and have been eyeing this for a while, the thought of a WP that keeps mutating a tiny bit with every subsequent play intrigues me.

>inb4 hurrr Stegmeier bad!
>inb4 hurrr legacy game bad!
We know. Let's discuss the game itself, for a change.
>>
>>68299625
It's not a deep worker placement game by any means, but it's a fun one and is a relatively fast paced one, it rarely stagnates because somebody's taking forever to think about their next turn.
The factions are not balanced. The robots and golems for example are vastly superior to everything else, and ghosts are only useful as fodder for the colisseum. At the same time i like that players are not locked into their initial faction, they can diversify and build buildings from other players' factions which, coupled with allows for some unexpected and insane combos
We are still playing the legacy part, and even though it's lauded as one of the legacy games that you can still play after finishing it, i don't know if it's really possible, since by the time you're done all the buildings have likely been built and all the crates have been opened which renders several mechanics and buildings useless. Which in turn gimps several factions that have high level buildings designed around those mechanics. To make it really playable as a regular worker placement it will likely require a recharge pack (an add on with all the cards and stickers that you can use as you see fit on an extra clear board that is thankfully provided with the base game) and some home ruling
The legacy part also keeps the game fresh since it introduces some limitations in every game that may or may not cancel out the winning combo that you used in a previous round and will force you to seek a different strategy
>>
>>68299051
It becomes a race to whoever gets them first, while completely ignoring 3/4 of the game.
>>
>>68268387
Hey guys, just wanted to pass on a big thank you from my coworker from the library. The last thread had a lot of great suggestions for games we could play with the elderly to help stimulate their brains up a bit.
This week we're going with Hanabi, next week Flamme Rouge, the week after that Azule, then Carcasonne and maybe Blokus.

The rest of the games suggested we're looking at buying depending on how well the next few weeks go and how cheaply we can find copies, I have access to a game library in my city so we might score a few from them if possible.
>>
>>68301118
<3
>>
>>68301118
Glad to help! I've played Blokus and Carcassonne with folks in their 70's and 80's who were still sharp and had a good time.

As for inexpensive games - try looking on Board Game Geek's 'Geek Market' for used games, or Ebay and even Facebook board game groups. A lot of used stuff in mint / near mint condition gets shifted for a lot less than retail price.
>>
>>68300142
Nice rundown, thanks, anon.
>>
File: pic2276081.jpg (133 KB, 858x600)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Should I get Orleans? Playthrough videos make it seem like engine (powered by literal cogs) that's completely impassive and has zero meaningful interaction.
>>
>>68302385
Define interaction, or rather what you'd like to find.
>>
>>68302385
Get 51st State
>>
So I got the 51st State: Master Set™ promo factions incoming since I've been enjoying the game so much and shilling it on every site.

Realtalk though, are any of them particularly busted? If anything they seem like a slightly higher payoff, but slightly harder to use given their trade actions - except Texas who is just insanely flexible with how they can maximize their resources. I absolutely needed Hegemony since I feel it's important we get a 2nd faction who can raze opponents without needing red tokens from contact cards (compare it to University and Mississippi who are more solitaire by comparison, but it also means that they don't really have a shot at razing an opponent's valuable production locations for sweet rewards either).
>>
>>68302571
don't like card games

>>68302483
Something where your actions directly influence other players, even when directly means indirectly. The boat action in CoB, or taking a tile that other player wanted.
>>
>>68302656
I've been using the 2 additional factions and haven't experienced any real balance issues. I got them because one of my regular players simply hates one of the 4 'original' factions, so adding 2 more gave them 5 choices for which faction to play rather than only 3 when we play.
>>
>>68303100
Are you this guy's sugar daddy or something? Let the cunt buy his own expansion if he's so picky
>>
>>68303131
In fairness, it's a common perception New York is weaker than the other 3 (one that I share). Starting with a cog is great but their trade action is just 1 cog for 1 grey, which is arguably the most important resource in the game; when I win with New York, it's by a slim margin. When I win with anyone else, the difference is far more prominent.
>>
>>68272343
People kind of pias me off when they target the art and production value. Ok anon listen, you're paying for a game not a piece of art. The game, the design, is worth more than you'll realize until you actually play it. At least that was my experience. The game runs very smoothly, rules are easy to grasp, teach, and remember. It's just plain fun. Sounds like you put in some time researching it so I'd say this: if it looks fun to you, you'll have a good time. I agree though that 125 is pretty steep, maybe try to find it second hand. I'm almost ashamed to say it but if I didn't already have a copy and I knew 125 was the locked in price forever, I'd buy it without hesitation. Just try to find a used copy or wait for a sale. Amazing game though, don't miss out.
>>
>>68303638
I should add also that the component quality isn't that bad, and it's very evocative of the era the game is trying to portray. Sure one can argue it's an excuse to have low effort art or something. But honestly the pieces are colored wood, the cards are great quality with fantastic art; the way I see it there's only the modular board and the money as being problems. Nobody likes flimsy paper money although it certainly gets the job done without issue. And the board tiles are just plain and ugly but that might be good in a way because it's very easy to see what's going on and calculate things.
>>
>>68302877
Lisboa then.
Best game.
>>
>>68303638
Different anon im interested in food chain as well but im limiting my self to one big purchase a year and this year its gonna have to be a feast for Odin for me hope fully i can still find magnate next year
>>
>>68303638
Low IQ post. When you buy a board game you pay precisely for well-made components and pretty art. Gaming system itself, is free. Rulebooks are available online for free. Nobody will stop or sue you for PnPing everything by yourself and enjoying your abominable creation having wasted no money, only time and cheap paper/cardboard. There's nothing irrational in demanding quality for the price, just because Splotterdrones got used to consuming extrement doesn't mean everyone else have to.
>>
>>68303932
Is Lisboa as hard as bgg says?
My friends don't like (or rather, can't learn) overly difficult games.
>>
>>68304103
It does require a full playthrough to set things in stone like everything else.
Its great.
>>
>>68304162
I meant as things to know before the very first playthrough, amount of available actions and general rules.
>>
>>68303969
this.
my vision for games is that they should always have 2 version:
-an affordable version that's made of cardboard and max efficiency mass production components (like they do today)
-a luxury version featuring high quality components, i.e. cardboard is replaced with wood, and wood is replaced with actual wood\polymer\metal\glass\ivory\gems or whatever suits the game.
$125 is definitely a luxury price...
le havre is $60 on amazon right now, and that's a ridiculous price for some pieces of cardboard in a cardboard box.
>>
>>68304103
>or rather, can't learn
bullshit
>>
>>68304253
To teach others take about 20 min I guess if you have played it 2-3 times before.
Each player does get a mini "rulebook" with a bunch or player aid pages which helps a lot.
>>
>>68304268
>>68304103

>won't learn because focusing on a task for a few hours is too much effort
Fix'd
>>
>>68304694
Pretty much, and they don't want to memorize or try to learn too many rules; either way I can't force them to do something I already know they don't want to.
>>
>>68304260
>that's a ridiculous price for some pieces of cardboard in a cardboard box.
Yes, because it's all about the physical contents. It's never about the intellectual property value. This is why all software should be free since there's virtually no physical components (other than data storage devices or RAM) and books should be little more than the cost of the raw materials, printing, and distribution. It's not as if the designers or authors should be paid for their efforts. Fuck those guys!

Right guyz! Guyz? Srsly?
>>
>>68304788
You're not wrong, but component quality is important too.

Half the reason I bought Tolk'in was because of the cool gear board
>>
>>68304741
You need better gaming friends. Not saying your casual friends are bad, but you'lll never get meatier games on the table.
>>
>>68304260
>le havre is $60 on amazon right now
Are you American? That's kinda crazy, I bought mine for $30.
>>
>>68304813
I'm not disagreeing with the argument that component quality matters, I'm mocking the bullshit notion that implies that the only measure of a board game is the cost of its components. It's sophomoric nonsense and deserves to be mocked.
>>
>>68298106
I'm not especially religious, and I don't even hate religion, but Sam literally hated on Evolution because of the theme and once in a while will recommend games that are mechanically hot garbage just because they have a religious theme. Tom is more low key about it; mostly he just mentions the Korea missionary work from time to time.

I don't mind mentioning it. Hell, do separate videos about how you use board games in youth group or whatever. I just think it's annoying when Sam is weird about games with dark themes (The Others, for instance) or is quite obviously only recommending a game because of the religious themes.

>>68298507
I'm literally as far left as they come and I dread the possibility of either of those two women on the top ten lists.

>>68299079
Someone didn't see the review of Evolution before it got taken down due to controversy.
>>
>>68304788
It's nearly impossible to define IPs legally when it comes to board games. I mean, can you copyright worker placement mechanic? Can you copyright generic fantasy, or free domain Lovecraft, or World War 2? But this is besides the point because you don't pay for intellectual property. Buying a ticket to a Disney movie doesn't make you a shareholder. You pay for goods and services. In your book example, you do pay for a physical component. Now a book can be done as a limited printing leatherbound, or a cheap paperback, with entirely identical novel inside, yet different prices. How crazy.
>>
>>68305327
>It's nearly impossible to define IPs legally when it comes to board games.
It's arguably easier than for most media, barring the extremely easy in all cases situation of precise copying.

>I mean, can you copyright worker placement mechanic?
No, methods are subject to patents, not copyrights, and in the case of methods for playing games they are not patentable.

>Can you copyright generic fantasy, or free domain Lovecraft, or World War 2?
No but your own work on the game (wording, art, original characters, etc.) is protected by copyright.

>But this is besides the point because you don't pay for intellectual property.
You totally can, but probably only should if you intend to profit from it.

>You pay for goods and services. In your book example, you do pay for a physical component. Now a book can be done as a limited printing leatherbound, or a cheap paperback, with entirely identical novel inside, yet different prices. How crazy.
And what about all of the labor that the author put into the book? Is that not also being paid for? Should distribution not also be factored into the cost because you don't get to keep the distribution at the end?

>Now a book can be done as a limited printing leatherbound, or a cheap paperback, with entirely identical novel inside, yet different prices. How crazy.
And board games also come in different levels of quality sometimes.

>>68299079
>sam only mentions religion when it's appropriate to do so, like when religion is essencial to the theme of the game
"Oh, there are completely fictional demons in this game that might win? Better mention how I have strong religious objections to this because anyone else with such reactions needs me to say it to realize they also feel that way."
Extra annoying because he's clearly a literalist and the bible explicitly says not to go waving your beliefs around in public like that.
>>
Finally going to pick up Paper Tales while it's on sale, it plays fine without the expansion right?
>>
Did Sam Healey just film, edit, and post his video on his own with no oversight?
>>
>>68298106
So these guys
>are unable to string two sentences together without wheezing
>are unable to sum up a two line rule and its consequences without 10 minutes of talking
>are too pussy to to actually give negative revies
>are actual christcucks
>have the vocabulary of a 5th grader
>are fat and ugly

why do people watch them again?
>>
>>68305913
Wait, what video? Link?
>>68305969
Eric Summerer and Zee Garcia are both great. So that's something.
>>
>>68305969
They have a ton of content and it seems to come out instantly. If you want to see a game that just dropped, it's the first option available.
>>
>>68305999
I was referring to the Evolution review video which I did not see but find very plausible. I'm also asking about it, but my question is whether Tom was sitting back okaying everything and just gave Sam the toss when it was received negatively.
>>
>>68305778
I don't have the expansion (it hasn't been published in my language) and it's very good
>>
>>68306043
I think it's the latter. Though if I recall, Zee used to do video editing and now they have separate people for that, so maybe Sam just had the editor edit it, and then uploaded it and Tom trusted it was fine.

I doubt Tom watches every single video before it goes up. That would take up a huge chunk of his work time.
>>
>>68306100
>That would take up a huge chunk of his work time.
If he only watched ones he's not in (so not the long countdowns)? I doubt it. Though I guess I'm not sure how bad his hat shopping hours are.
>>
>>68306170
I just checked, and TDT put out about five hours of content in the last week NOT prominently featuring Tom. I think when there's not a retreat or something going on it's often higher.

That may seem like less than one workday, but it's worth remembering they put stuff out every single day, often several times a day, and it aims to be extremely timely, so it wouldn't be a matter of dedicating one day a week to it, but finding time every day (seven days a week) to review everything.

I doubt he'd had a reason to doubt Sam before that. I also suspect he may have thought Sam's take was a bit much (despite being religious himself) but not expected it to get the reaction that it did.
>>
>>68306357
Fair enough. I still feel like someone other than Sam should have seen the video and been smart enough to bring it to Tom's attention.
>>
>>68306583
Oh, definitely. Tom's a nice guy but he seems kind of oblivious sometimes.

That said, his reaction when people got super pissed that he didn't like Vasco de Gama is still one of my top ten favorite YouTube videos ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD_bpq70Pg
>>
>>68304788
>It's never about the intellectual property value.
Game rules are n0t and have never been copyrightable.
>>
>>68304788
>all software should be free
you got that right
>>
>>68306623
His wife is living in 1990 or something?
>>
>>68307035
He's doing the thing where families stand by and look sad while the politician apologizes for the horrible scandal."

Or do you mean the long sleeved black shirt or what?
>>
>>68307090
wife's hair, sweater, skirt are from the 90s
>>
>>68307138
I've found that a lot of people who marry early dress like they did at that time for basically forever.
>>
>>68307035
>tfw no normcore seinfeld gf
it hurts bros
>>
>>68305232
Finding mates is not as easy as you make it sound.
>>
>>68307210
To be a Seinfeld girlfriend she'd have to be 17 while Tom was 38.
>>
>>68307178
fair enough
>>
>>68307178
She can't be old enough to have married on the 90s though.
>>
>>68307481
1997, according to some self-summary Tom gave once.
>>
>>68307543
And that video's from 2010 so I was well off the mark.
>>
File: 1504106014078.jpg (14 KB, 272x245)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>68307210
I read Foamcore seinfeld gf
>>
>>68281679
>show this to the Mrs
>She points out that She actually owns that exact knife
Incredible.
Also got me slapped.

>>68281907
Still haven't gotten a 3p game to the table, but at least with 3 you're back to the normal case of two strategy cards going unplayed every round. 3p Saar in a full-sized galaxy sounds insane though.
>>
>>68308042
Tom Vasel's wife aesthetic confirmed foamcore
>>
File: 10303250065418.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>all this dice tower healy talk

I think we can at least all agree on this >>68271054

Healey is a horrible abomination of a reviewer, an idiotic elitist who categorically dislikes everything that is above him - which is a lot - who constantly dishes out criticism but can't take any... he simply is an incredible manchild, and a fucking fundamentalist christian on top of all that.

Simply baffling how someone like that could actually do this job for so long and not be flamed out of his job.
>>
>>68308668
>Simply baffling how someone like that could actually do this job for so long and not be flamed out of his job.
$10 says he goes to the same church as Tom
>>
>>68308668
>>
>>68308310
>She points out that She actually owns that exact knife
HAHA OH WOW

>Still haven't gotten a 3p game to the table
Really, as much as I love TI; you are better off playing something else in 3p. We tried it once out of interest and it was just absurd. Might be a better experience if you ban the top tier races or just take roughly equal ones, but still.
>>
>>68305327
>>68306875
I'm not talking about intellectual property rights law. Property Law is largely written by douche-bags who would gladly fuck over their own kin for the opportunity to make an extra dime and said 'Law' routinely does a very poor job of protecting content creator's rights. I'm talking about the ethical obligation to give fair compensation to the designer of something. That which is legal and that which is ethical are often two very different things IRL unfortunately.

Look at the guy who came up with the concept of Peritoneal dialysis. It has helped millions of diabetics, but that guy died bankrupt after getting shafted by the medical industry.
>>
>>68309409
Well you say you're talking about it but you haven't mentioned an actual ethical issue yet
>>
Rate these card games 1-10

Arkham Horror
Five Rings
Game of Thrones
Magic
KeyForge
Munchkin
Boss Monster
WH40: Conquest
Netrunner
Pathfinder
Dragonfire
Mage Arena
Summoner Wars
Phoenixborn
LOTR
Thunderstone
Dominion
Blue Moon
Warhammer Invasion
>>
>>68310452
Only rating the ones I've played.
>Arkham Horror
>Magic
>Munchkin
>Phoenixborn
>>
>>68310452
>Magic
Edh 5
Pauper 7
Modern 4
Standard 3
>KeyForge
>Munchkin
>Netrunner
Core box 9
>Pathfinder
>Summoner Wars
Goblins vs dwarves 7
>Phoenixborn
Core box 8
>>
>>68287672
>check Keyflower on bgg
>only comes with 3.34 pounds of ass and pussy
I'll stick to GMT, thx
>>
>>68305327
>Because you don't pay for intellectual property

Yes, you do, you idiot.

The fact that YOU don't understand IP law doesn't mean it's impossible to define.

>"Buying a ticket to a Disney movie doesn't make you a shareholder"
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the concept of Intellectual property, and instead is a matter of corporate ownership. What buying a Disney movie ticket DOES do is help pay the salary of the writer and designers who came up with the ideas/details presented in the movie. You know, their INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

You even fucking ANSWER how you define IPs

>You pay for goods and services.

The "Service" that Intellectual Property covers is the author/creator's service of having come up with the idea in the first place and the cost/effort of fleshing it into something usable.

>can you copyright worker placement
No. Because you didn't come up with the idea of it.
>Can you copyright generic fantasy?
Only if you add enough unique/specific points to render it non-generic. You can't copyright the concept of an "elven Princess", but "Alahnqua, the Raven-Haired, Daughter of the Moon" could potentially be.
>Free (sic) Domain Lovecraft?
Given that you're openly acknowledging that Lovecraft's characters and ideas are PUBLIC domain, and therefore have passed out of copyright protection, implies you're aware that you can't.
>World War 2.
No, you can't copyright historical fact.

Which isn't to say your idea of "tiered" game releases isn't a potentially valid one. Which we KNOW is true, BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY FUCKING HAPPENING. Board Game kickstarter are RIFE with "Here's the base game, with standard components, for $60, and over here we have the deluxe version for $200, where the box is hand-carved, and the plastic chits are now ivory."
>>
>>68290473
The airships add nothing. Invaders, Fenris, and the new encounters don't build much on the original game, but their good for tweaking it if you've played a million times. The modular board+bidding for setup is awesome, I wish they'd thought of it right away.
>>
File: DSCN1512.jpg (368 KB, 1600x1200)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
Honest opinions on this game.
>>
Can we agree that if Eric Summerer replaced Sam on the Top 10 lists it would be a new golden age for TDT (Zee, Tom, and Eric)?
>>
>>68310452
>Magic
>Munchkin
>Boss Monster
>Pathfinder
>Summoner Wars
>Dominion
>Arctic Scavengers
>>
>>68314783
I don't think so. They would still only do very bland reviews from static angles with a score thats highly depended on the reviewers preferences.

That said, I don't think they are particularly bad, they just seem to prefer uploading as many reviews as fast as possible. And for that, they actually do a good job.

And I'd wager they'll replace healey with [ethnic person] or [shrill woman] to keep up with the times.
>>
>>68311176
Just stop. You're embarassing yourself.

Board games are not intellectual property.

Whe In you're buying games you're paying for the art and for the fact that PnP-ing at an equivalent production quality level will cost you significantly more than MSRP.

This is actually what makes the industry healthy - it runs on honest economies of scale, not exploitative "IP" bullshit.
>>
>>68316372
>Board games are not intellectual property.
The Internet lawyer has spoken.
>>
>>68316372
The filthy phoneposter thinks he knows the law.
>>
>>68316372
I'm not convinced you know what IP is
>>
>>68316372
Kek of the day
Here's a (you) because you deserve it. :^]
>>
>>68316484
PROPERTY IS THEFT
>>
>>68316618
You wouldnt download a car?
>>
>>68316666
Of course I bloody would.
>>
>>68316515
>>68316484
>>68316452
>>68316419
Not even him or even saying that he is right, but I'll be damned if this is not very low tier samefagging
>>
>>68316484
I do know what IP is.

And board games are not IP.

Board game *art* is IP, but that's a different thing.

Bottom line: board game designers don't actually own any IP. They're getting paid because of economies of scale (PnP is much more expensive than just buying the game in a store), not because they own some magic nonexisting "IP".
>>
Are there any non-"party" games that play 10 or above besides megaciv?
>>
>>68316737
It's at least not FULLY same-fagging, as I'm one of the posters, but it's possible the others are all the same guy.

I think it's a little more likely it's just low-grade trolling by several people.

>>68316747
>board games are not IP

Utterly wrong.

There's a reason Gale Force 9 paid a licensing fee to the designers of Dune when they made the reprint this year.

And that's because while you can't copyright mechanics, you CAN copyright the layout, terminology, and systems those mechanics describe. Board Game designers own as much of the IP of the game as they establish in the initial legal negotiations. For designers employed by broader companies, that's often "none", with the company instead owning the IP of the game, in return for a consistent salary to the employee.

And the cost of PAYING those designers and staff is built into the sale cost of the game. Yes, MSRP is cheaper than PnP. It's also much MORE than the actual "cost" of the game to make, to cover all of that shit.

You can literally go find board game designers talking about what percentage of a game's cost is derived from royalties/licensing to IP holders. relative to printing and shipping costs.
>>
>>68316797
Hmmmm
Sidereal Confluence and Eclipse with the Rise of the Ancients expansion both play 9
And I suppose most roll and write games, NMBR9 and stuff like that can be played with +10 people

Though Sidereal+Eclipse aren't really recommendable (of feasible, spacewise) with that many people. And NMBR9 is utter, utter trash.

If you have that many people, I suppose the best solution is splitting into two games. Not ideal, but if you guys hate party games, it's the better option.
>>
>>68316924
Yeah no question about splitting up being better, I'm just curious how many games are even in that category
>>
>>68316895
> You can literally go find board game designers talking about what percentage of a game's cost is derived from royalties/licensing to IP holders.
That's not "IP" in the normal legal sense. It runs on an honor system, legally there's nothing stopping you from e.g. reskinning Agricola and publishing it.

> And that's because while you can't copyright mechanics, you CAN copyright the layout, terminology, and systems those mechanics describe.
No, you cannot copyright words and layout. It might fly in the corrupt American legal system if you have the dosh to pay lawers, but that crap will have no legal standing in the rest of the world.

Wizards of the Coast tried that crap for MtG, it didn't work.

Like I said, the whole thing runs on an honor system that only works because economies of scale make it possible for publishers to live off the margin.
>>
>>68316747
The Open Game License (OGL) is a public copyright license that may be used by tabletop role-playing game developers to grant permission to modify, copy, and redistribute some of the content designed for their games, notably game mechanics.

I would say that worker placement is a concept much like dice roll. It's not a full game mechanic until you design a system around it.
>>
>>68317009
Board games are a totally different beast than tabletop RPG's. Legally, TRPG's are books, and books are very much IP.
>>
>>68316737
3 of those might be, but I'm not.

>>68316747
>They're getting paid because of economies of scale (PnP is much more expensive than just buying the game in a store), not because they own some magic nonexisting "IP".
This is a painful sentence to read. It also demonstrates that I was correct when I suspected you don't actually know what IP is.

>>68316895
>And the cost of PAYING those designers and staff is built into the sale cost of the game.
Well, kinda. They have to guess the number of units they sell, so unsuccessful board games often end up getting sold at a loss while ones that get reprinted many times are the ones that allow the company to keep functioning despite those losses.

>>68316924
I've played sidereal confluence with 7 and it was fantastic. I would love to play it with 9, but you're right to warn about the amount of space it takes.

>>68316997
>That's not "IP" in the normal legal sense. It runs on an honor system, legally there's nothing stopping you from e.g. reskinning Agricola and publishing it.
And do you know why you have to reskin it? Because the terminology, art, and names that you're changing are IP that is protected by copyright. This really isn't a very difficult concept.

>Wizards of the Coast tried that crap for MtG, it didn't work.
WotC overreached in a few lawsuits. Those cases wouldn't have even seen a courtroom if WotC didn't have valid IP claims for MtG. It was found (at least in some cases) that the plaintiffs' products were different enough to be valid.

>the whole thing runs on an honor system
Plenty of companies in this business have no honor at all and they still worry about copyright law.

>>68317036
>Board games are a totally different beast than tabletop RPG's. Legally, TRPG's are books, and books are very much IP.
I would very very much like to see a source for this claim.
>>
>>68317116
>Plenty of companies in this business have no honor at all and they still worry about copyright law.
There is simply nothing to be gained by 100% reskinning. You cannot shit out the product for that much cheaper (you'll still have to pay artists etc.), you'll be labeled as a chink, nerds actually like to spend money on their nerd shit and mixing up some recent euro mechanics to shit out a game isn't all that hard.
>>
>>68316997
>No, you cannot copyright words and layout

Yes, you can.

Look, here's how it breaks down:

I can't copyright the idea of turning cards sideways to designate that they have been used. That's a mechanic, and I can't do it.

I CAN patent the mechanic NAME of "Tapping". Which is why other games call it "exhausting", "Bowing", etc.

I also can copyright the text explaining the exact effects of turning cards sideways, and how it limits the card's abilities going forward, though this is more complicated: Basically, the rule is "you can do the exact same mechanical thing, you just have to write it out slightly differently than I did." If you don't, I can sue you. If you print out my rulebook without permission, I can sue you, because that rulebook is legally MINE.

You're correct that, technically, you could go through the effort to re-skin Agricola and publish it. But you'd need to change the artwork and the rules text, or you could be sued.

This is true in the US, it's true in the UK, and it's true internationally. A Pakistani publisher was shut down for plagarizing rules text and page layout from a game produced by CMoN, who are from Singapore.

>>68317036
>TTRPGs are books, and books are very much IP

So are rule books.
>>
>>68317738
Small clarifier here: I can TRADEMARK the term "tapping", not patent it.

And you can't copyright mechanics, but you CAN technically patent them, IF they're sufficiently unique. Monopoly was actually patented years ago when its mechanics were technically new, but that has since expired.
>>
>>68298281
Yep. I wouldn't play it at less than four, but a full player count is best. It feels like a pure but simple area control game, and the voting muddies things up just enough to make every round interesting. The fight for Mayor is always fun, and even funnier when the Mayor realizes once again they just got a few VPs for the effort and now they have to give everyone else a useful power for the next election cycle.
>>
>>68317307
This guy gets it.

You tards are trying to apply 'media business' thinking to board games.

Board games are not a media business. They're not at all like video games, books or movies; there, indeed, everything hinges on IP and profits are made based on licensing bullshit.

Board games are not like that. Board games are more similar to a consumer goods market.

Example: there's nobody stopping you from coying a craft beer. There's no such thing as a 'craft beer recipe license', beer brewing isn't IP.

Theoretically, you could rip off somebody's beer recipe and brew a copy with a different label, but what would be the point? You're not going to do it better or cheaper, and you're going to ruin your reputation with consumers and other brewers in the process.

Board games are like that. They're a consumer good, not IP.
>>
>>68317773
>And you can't copyright mechanics, but you CAN technically patent them, IF they're sufficiently unique.
That won't hold in any court. (See the shitload of Monopoly clones.)
>>
Gaia Project is much better than Terra Mystica. So much so that TM feels like an early discarded prototype
>>
>>68318075
Pity it's so ugly and TM is so comfy. I'd love a proper TM 2.0 with all the improvements from GP.
>>
>>68318025
Maybe, if you're trying not to come off as a fucking idiot, don't try and argue using the game I literally stated in the post you're quoting ISN'T patented any more.

Or learn to fucking read and check a source. You'd learn that, in fact, Monopoly's patents DID hold up in court for multiple decades, and that the majority of Monopoly clones are actually made by 2-3 companies who pay for the monopoly license to make their knock-offs.

So you're wrong in every conceivable way.
>>
File: file.png (654 KB, 415x600)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
Hi bgg, I've been on the fence on getting Undaunted: Normandy. Has anybody played it here, if so what do you think of the game? Does it have a good replay value and a good complexity or is it too simple?
>>
>>68318259
> You'd learn that, in fact, Monopoly's patents DID hold up in court for multiple decades
Smells like bullshit to me. I'll need a source on that.
>>
>>68310452
Arkham Horror N/A
Five Rings (only played the old AEG) 7
Game of Thrones N/A
Magic 8
KeyForge N/A
Munchkin 3
Boss Monster 4
WH40: Conquest N/A
Netrunner 8
Pathfinder N/A
Dragonfire N/A
Mage Arena N/A
Summoner Wars 8
Phoenixborn 9.5
LOTR N/A
Thunderstone N/A
Dominion 5
Blue Moon 9
Warhammer Invasion 8
>>
>>68319053
>Netrunner
>Not at least 9.5
Kek
>>
>>68319143
Only played the core when it first came out in 2012, so I can't judge how great it got.
>>
>>68318075
I agree, especially the fact that the bland cultist track now is very cool.
Though I still play TM more often because it supports the magic number of 5p and I hate how GP looks so much it makes me angry. Why would they make a better TM uglier than its predecessor

So, pretty much what >>68318247
said. I don't think it is coincidence that another TM expansion was recently announced instead of a GP one.
>>
>>68319186
>>68318247
Is GP that much better rules-wise?
What are TM main issues?
>>
>>68316372
>wake up
>/bgg/ is being this retarded

see you guise next thread I guess
>>
>>68318366
Help this soul.
>>
>>68314783
I would be happy with it. Never gonna happen though, Eric is never moving closer. I'm not a fan at all of Sam but I'll know the 3 of them because it always felt like 3 genuine friends who bounced off eachother well.
>>
File: 92582550-vollbild.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1440)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>68319186
I forgot the word "ugly" but I guess that was heavily implied anyway.

>>68319336
There are no real problems with TM. It's a great game. Thing is, GP is pretty much an update in all regards except artwork.
But even though I think GP is a better game, I'd still recommend TM. It's just more comfy and supports a fifth player (which is disproportionally important to me desu)... and you can actually look at your player boards and not be turned off. Seriously, I usually don't factor in artwork that much if the game is good, but GPs art actively discourages me from playing it. If that's different for you, I unironically envy you.
>>
>>68320753
I don't like sci-fi settings so I will opt for TM for sure.
The board is ugly indeed.
>>
Through the Ages expansion out today, anyone else playing online?
>>
>>68320879
It's funny. I tried the online version and could not for the life of me figure out why the game is so well received.

Though that might just show that doing stuff digitally (and thus way, way faster) just has me thinking far less and going with my gut far more, so that might be the problem.
>>
File: bgg real fun.jpg (450 KB, 2016x1512)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>68320984
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (3.12 MB, 320x240)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB GIF
>>68321446
>>
>>68321446
I sadly, for this specific example at least, agree.
>>
>>68305246
yeah dude.
>$30
how did u manage that? i've only been collecting games for a few years and amazon is usually where i get them. that price has been solid on amazon for about 3 years
>>
>>68315892
I don't enjoy the individual reviews much. I like when they give their top 10 lists and give each other shit and make jokes.
>>68320702
Maybe Jason, though. He has all of Sam's awkwardness (and more!) but none of the fundamentalism.

I honestly don't mind if the new person is a woman or minority; I just don't want either of the two specific women of color that work with TDT currently.
>>
>>68322265
Oh i misunderstood. Yeah, the top 10 lists only really work if they are giving each other a little shit. In that role, healey worked fine because you had someone you KNEW would say something controverial/stupid.

>I honestly don't mind if the new person is a woman or minority
Neither do I, but experience has taught me that in most cases, the people who fill these spots mostly aren't especially competent/good content providers. That said, I do find Ava of SUSDs written content to be their best stuff atm.
>>
>>68321446
But Anon, I got slapped and ejected from the FLGS for adjusting my fiddly bits in public...
>>
File: 2019-09-11 17.04.29.jpg (1.14 MB, 4160x3120)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
just got this, what am I in for?
>>
>>68320863
Not the Anon you were replying to, but I love Sci-Fi and I still prefer TM's theme over GP's. I've already got a lot of good SF themed games, and GP's artwork / theme doesn't really grab me in spite of my love for Sci-Fi. I too would love to see a '2nd edition' of TM with the improved rules.
>>
>>68322742
> Prepare to get Rexk'd
> Purchases some good knives, it's gonna get stabby.
> Band-aids. Lots and lots of band-aids...
If you happen to have 4 or 5 friends who are willing to be venal and ruthless in their quest for victory of the course an afternoon, then odds are you're in for a great time.
>>
>>68322742
Why did you just buy rex with the new dune being shipped any day?
>>
File: 1556388370960.jpg (39 KB, 480x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>68322959
I pre-ordered dune as well
>>
>>68322987
What's the point of buying a reskin then?
>>
>>68323126
Can coerce his furry friend to play.
>>
>>68322987
I mean... Alright?
Never played rex, but I have yet to hear someone who played it and dune both that there are significant differences other than the map
>>
>>68322742
Prepare for the battle dials to wear down incredibly fast.
>>
https://youtu.be/v0R72r2OPsc

Please watch and give me some feedback guys, you have been great previously and I will try to take on any constructive advice you have.
>>
>>68323488
>constructive
Bwahahahaha
>>
>>68323488
If you want to talk about components and the box, I think it's a bit weird doing it after all the explanation.
Other than that it looked fine, nothing much to say.
I don't mind simple videos compared to highly edited ones, but that's up to you.
Unrelated but FFXIV's cacpot game looks boring, even if I love the mmo.
>>
Is Kanban as good as Vinhos, The Gallerist, or Lisboa? I found a slightly damaged copy with a great price on a local store.
>>
>>68323152
Rex is the version of the game with the Furry on the cover, not Dune.
>>
>>68323488
I'm not certain if it's the wooden surface, the architecture of the room, or a combination of both, but there is a hell of a lot of echo or reverb in your audio. It's survivable, but not very appealing when watching your video. It's like the narrator speaking through a tin can, or standing in the middle of an aircraft hanger. I know this might sound weird, but try putting a thick cloth blanket on the table and just try a test recording to see if it cuts down significantly on the echo.
>>
>>68324630
Lisboa >>> Kanban > Gallerist > Co2 > Vinhos > Escape Plan.

I smell On Mars will be somewhere between Lisboa and Kanban.
>>
>>68325180
Yeah it is the room, hard to reduce echo, I will see if I can fix in my next video, thanks for the feedback!
>>
File: 1485796062687.png (79 KB, 250x176)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Daily reminder!

Youtube Reviewers: Shit or not shit.

>Shit
SUSD
No Pun Included
Bits of Board
Sam Healy
Pair of Dice Paradise
So Very Wrong About Games
Geek & Sundry + Becca Scott
Discriminating Gamer
Rahdo (he loves everything that doesnt include take-that).
The McGuire Review
Rob Oren
Board to Death
Board Game Coffee
Board Game Ramblings
The Broken Meeple

>Meh
MarcoWargamer
Ready Steady Play
One Stop CoOp Shop (never seen a more dead stone face)
Man vs Meeple (same as with One Stop. They just feel like muppets talking from a script).
Roll for Crit
SlickerDrips

>Not shit
Drive Thru Games
Board Game Replay
Tom Vassel
Zee Garcia
Heavy Cardboard
JonGetsGames
King of Avarage
AntLab Games
Grey Elephant gaming
3 Minute Board Games
>>
>>68326013
Based tbqh
>>
>>68326013
Good, get it all out of your system so we don't have to devote any more space in the next thread to gossiping about all the literal whos of Youtube.
>>
>>68326013
>>Not shit
>Tom Vassel
Half of his criticisms are misunderstandings of rules
>>
File: home-alone-2-11.jpg (18 KB, 544x288)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>68326013
>>
>>68326578
And still I prefer listening to him being wrong sometimes, because he's still able to convey what the game is and is not in a non-irritating way.
>>
Would this be the correct place to post a board game I'm making and get feedback on it?
>>
>>68326691
If you want people to steal your idea, sure.
Don't post stuff online.
>>
>>68326742
Appreciate the concern, it's built to be played for free though.
Didn't realize thread was past bump limit, I'll clean up the ruleset some more and link it in the next one.
>>
>>68326691
Probably not the best idea to post something long after the bump limit though

>>68326742
>Stealing boardgame ideas
That does not happen.
>>
>>68326000
Glad to help. You have taken other's suggestions to heart and put effort into improving the video content and overall quality. I know you many well not have a lot of other location for filming options, so anything simple you can do to help reduce the amount of hard surface nearby hopefully will help with that audio issue. I don't know if a fancy microphone would help, or if there's any sort of post recording software tool that could be used to reduce the echo, but those might be options as well.
>>
>>68326969
>>Stealing boardgame ideas
>That does not happen.
It's not kidnapping... It's hostile personnel acquisition. Yeah, that's the ticket!
>>
>>68268387
New thread up!

Everyone whip out your fiddly bits!: >>68327147
>>
>>68327173
Wife loves Arkham Horror. How bad is this going to eat our wallets? Honestly, I'm kind of loving it too.
>>
>>68316666
>You wouldnt download a car?
I fucking would in an instant

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.