[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1543565293477.jpg (8 KB, 326x233)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
How eccentric/autistic are your dragons /tg/?
>>
>>67822186
Immensely.
>>
>>67822186
What is with all the scaleshitter threads lately? Jesus christ just make the designated /dragon/ thread already.
>>
>>67823121
Is there a new dragon character on Critical Roll or something?
>>
>>67823227
I don't know I'm not a fucking normie.
>>
>>67822186
>Dragon has two heads
>the two heads are always sleeping alternately, whichever one is awake controls the body
>both dragon heads are conspiring against each other to manipulate adventurers into finding a way to put the other head in perpetual slumber
>party is currently working for BOTH of them
>>
>>67823632
That's dope.
>>
>>67823120
Wow, this is kinda amazing.
>>
>>67822186
The're the definition of Autism in my setting. Autism as a term still exist but almost everyone refers to it as "Dragons Fever", even in some medical works the old name is used instead of the new one.
>>
>>67822186
About as much as the rest of the machine lifeforms in my setting.
>>
>>67823120
fpbp
>>
>>67822186
Are horses autistic? They are about on the same level of thought in my settung.
>>
>>67824793
Lol, ya got me.
>>
>>67822186
>autistic af dragon
>disregards kidnapping women and hoarding gold
>writes consecutive, repeating numbers on its lair walls
>complains about human plebeians
>"they stain the countryside with their inferior intellect and architectural taste!"
>only leaves its den to ransack barracks
>collects armors and paints them with extreme care and love
>puts them in stone shelves
>every now and then yells over the mountains
>tells other dragons to avoid doing Raid & Pillage
>>
File: 1560648903645.jpg (79 KB, 371x250)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Dragon has a book of grudges
>>
File: red dragon.jpg (450 KB, 1280x786)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>67822186
Depends on the game i'm running. The current ones are just really dangerous animals.
>>
>>67825655
I just want to bury my face on that fat belly
>>
>be me
>level 100 dragonslayer
>go to mountains
>take two steps off the designated walking trail
>8 red dragons and 7 gold dragons and 41 kobolds and 54 kobolds appear
>raise my shield
>they all attack
>have 285% block chance and on-block counterattack
>grind them all day every day
>they never learn
>>
>>67826909
>be me
>below average dragon
>every day insane farmer gets lost in the mountains and comes to "kill" me and my "army
>it's just an art installation of rocks I have
>cowers under the pan lid
>faints when sees me
>carry him back to his village
>they thank me and apologize for the inconvenience
>he never learns
>>
>Dragon only collects cut gems with an odd number of angles on them, which are then placed into a series of symmetric vaults with its contents equally a prime number.
>Dragon lives in secret under a major city that developed over its cave network, the dragon keeps a fastidious heraldry of all major players in the cities and seeks to attract more prestigious families as well as utilizing Kobold spy army to slowly ruin the livelihood of and drive away those he views as 'lesser' stock.
>Dragon does not bathe, does nothing but eat food all day, make a royal mess of the surrounding area and scream at unfamiliar stimulus and individuals, and sort various rocks by size, sheen, and weight, Kobolds are his caretaker and keep it amused and pacified through an endless cavalcade of simplistic comedy plays, jokes, and music.
>>
>>67825655
>Dragon neakbeards.
>Shitpost all day about dragon woman not going for them and getting MAMMAL'D.
>Doesn't ever leave his cave.
>>
>>67822186
They are extremely so
The dragons that are left after nearly everything died because of the elves fuck up are a small group of around 30 or so males
There are two groups: arrogant but capable creatures that seek perfection and order or degenerates that only live for pleasure
Both groups work with the other intelligent creatures normally but for different reasons
The former because they are closely tied with a kingdom whose royal family is decent of them
The second because the only group as degenerate as them are wizards and they constantly try out new ways to act on their degenerate ideas
>>
File: 1475983843935.gif (3.37 MB, 500x380)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB GIF
>>67822186
>>
File: 1565730821057.webm (111 KB, 480x270)
111 KB
111 KB WEBM
>>67824793
good concept, but fuck you anyway
>>
>>67824793
FUCK YOU
>>
>>67828421
>I didn't choose to be born a copper dragon
>>
>>67823120
Based
>>
>>67827061
bitch im at exp cap and gp cap im literally farming you people to get stat jewel drops so i can get everything to 255.
>>
>>67824793
>read this post
>mother starts coughing in the other room
Fuck it, not risking that
>>
>>67824793
Pretty sure you're full of shit... but not sure enough.
>>
>>67824793
You bastard.
>>
>>67824793
That would actually be pretty funny.
Give the party a quest to find something dragon-y for the dragon to do without having him get in the way of other peoples life.
>>
File: 1565310643797.gif (1.71 MB, 320x240)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>67824688
>Are horses autistic?

Immensely
>>
>>67823632
Is that a fucking Dragon Tales reference?
>>
>>67822186
They're long-abandoned antipersonnel weapons that developed an overly complex code of honor and ritualized combat they use to constrain their impulses. So pretty autistic, I guess.
>>
>>67830348
Go home, "Ace of the Zanarkand Abes", your dreamers are drunk.
>>
>>67822186
Cats.
>>
File: dinnerdragon_notext.png (2.26 MB, 1920x1200)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
they are immensely powerful beings who killed and ate their racial god, and have no real checks on their power save for a handful of other dragons/wizards/weeabo-fightan-mages, so pretty god dam eccentric
>>
>>67824793
Yer a cunt.
>>
>>67822186
> Living gods pre-occupied with knowing the exact amount of stuff in their hole in the ground and getting worshipped than literally anything else
> The one time they do anything it's piss off the entire world and spark a near 2 century war of extermination against them
> Refuse to shapeshift into humanoids to hide and survive when they easily could and would cost them nothing because mages get cults of personality just about as easily as them
>>
>>67824793
Fuck you
>>
>>67822186
Like giant, fire-breathing magpies, dragons love shiny things and collect both trash and treasure
They have a sort of low cunning, and can certainly be tricky foes, but calling them fully intelligent is a stretch
Much like aging human skin, dragon scales eventually begin to wrinkle, each new set worse than the last. This leads to increasing pain for the dragon, until the oldest among them come to believe that they are Pain, setting forth to spread sorrow and agony to all in their path
>>
>>67832485
[dabs on your life in break damage limit]
>>
>>67825472
>>67829696
>>67830414
>>67830460
>>67830471
>>67830474
>>67834146
>>67834984
what the hell got these people so pissed
>>
>>67823120
Wonderful
>>
File: ggbobo_original.png (686 KB, 756x813)
686 KB
686 KB PNG
I've written about this a few times but here we go again.

Most dragons in my setting were pushed into the Feywild by humans a long time ago and sealed off. Older dragons are still the terrifying monsters of magical might they were before and plot to return to the mundane plane. Their children, slowly warped over generations by the whimsical ambient magic of the feywild, have gotten weird. There is a lot more variation in form among younger dragons and they lack much of the aggression that older dragons are famous for.

In addition younger dragons, to the absolute dismay of their parents, have started to acquire odd hoards. If they were simply uninterested in hoards that would be one thing. But instead of the vast piles of wealth stolen or tributed taken from lesser creatures the younger dragons have instead starting collecting hoards of all sorts of random items.

Spoons, glass prisms, terrariums, miniatures, musical instruments, candy, shoes, books, humanoids living in a colony in the dragon's cave, etc. Dragon parents desperately try to hide that in their brood there is a *hobbyist*, which has become a derogatory word. Unfortunately the phenomenon is so common that hiding it is almost impossible.
>>
File: yiazmat.jpg (244 KB, 1280x720)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>67835919
Your authority is not recognized here.
>>
>>67835930
It was a gif of a gay making le funny faces with minions on every corner with the text "reply to this post or your mother dies tomorrow".

I never replied and my mother is still alive, so he was also a dirty liar and removed his post in shame.
>>
>>67823120
God, the cure for autism can't come fast enough.

Even if the cure is ovens
>>
>>67835473
Why would wrinkles hurt? What is the driving biological mechanism that explains the reasoning behind that?
>>
>>67822186
There is an unimportant to the plot dragon in a setting I'm playing in. His scales are silver but aside from that meaning he's a good boy I don't know how they're supposed to act though.

This one lives near a settlement. He turns up in a human state from time to time. He collects and immensely enjoys furniture. Anything fancy. Made of exotic wood. He takes it very seriously. He owns plenty of crazy treasure, but apparently his tastes in objects to hoard has changed over time. We pressed him a bit to ask why, he told us it was because he wants to be ready when he finally opens up and starts to entertain guests in his home. He wants it to look nice. It doesn't really seem to matter that where he lives is basically inaccessible to most people. Nobody would be able to just go there without the help of at least a flight spell.
>>
>>67838602
Not that guy but: Damaged scales rot. Rot is not what a healthy body does.
>>
In my mind dragons embody three sins, those of Price, Greed, and Wrath. The way they express it is the same way as humans do, but to such an extreme degree that they are psychologically removed from humans. The best way to think of dragons is as hyper intelligent slaves to their emotions. They may display one of these three in a greater degree than the others, but they always have these three and always these three are their strongest drives.
>>
>>67838717
>Price, Greed, and Wrath.
>Price
Makes great company to Greed and Wrath I guess.
>>
>>67836702
you first
>>
File: snazgul.jpg (253 KB, 513x810)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>67822186
>stick googly eyes on any piece of fantasy art
>suddenly it's a phil foglio masterwork
>>
File: dragon comic russian.jpg (570 KB, 1080x1487)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
Moderately. I like dragon's with personalities, but most can be reasoned with or suitably passed by, as long as you don't try to steal their treasure or really piss them off.
>>
>>67822186
Mine lives in a volcano and demands virgin sacrifices.
>>
>>67844650
ah yes, the infamous dragon Vermithrax Donutsteel
>>
All the dragons fit into one of two categories:
1: extreme sociopathic monsters who do nothing but take for themselves and follow very few rules except "Please don't kill other dragons but if you do that's fine just try to never do it again." Like >>67838717 put it, personified sins of wrath and greed and gluttony

2: Good, kind dragons who spend the majority of their time polymorphed as humans or whatnot in order to try their best to keep from anyone else in the world from knowing they're a dragon. Most of them are just trying to live their best life without hurting anyone, but a lot of them are actively interacting with the world to try and make it a better place. Leaders of rebellions against tyrants, folk hero monster slayers, etc.
Basically, fantasy Clark Kents.
That said, the total number of dragons in the world numbers in the double digits, so there's not a lot they can do either way.
>>
>>67838602
Just the effects of aging and bodies starting to lose the advantages of youth. When humans get wrinkles it just means their soft skin hangs a bit looser on them in their final decades.
When dragons get wrinkles it means they experience centuries of pain as those rigid, fibrous, overlapping plates catch and grind at eatch other, pinch abd scrape at the flesh beneath, grow dry, brittle and cracked, the nerves within exposed and irritated. The risk of infection skyrockets as >>67838704 pointed out, and if some rough scales snag just right, sudden movements can rip them out by the roots.
It all just comes with age. Humans often die of old age, but dragons rarely do. They can live for a millenia or two, but most never reach the stages of organ failure, instead being driven to a state where someone has to put them down.
>>
>>67844409
What about a dragon that's genuinely pleased to have visitors enter its domain and offers them some hospitalities like a place to rest, food and drink, and offers to trade stories?
>>
>>67846449
I wouldn't personally include that except in a very rare situation. Most dragons would be more annoyed or irritated by people entering their territory, probably thinking they'd try and steal their treasure.

Of course, the occasional friendly, comfy nice dragon sounds fine though. Maybe as something that's far away on the borders of the map.
>>
>>67846449
>>67846623
I could see this as one that really wants to show off it's wealth while still being very protective of it.
>>
>>67846686
Now you've got me imagining a nerd dragon who keeps their most valuable treasures preserved in some magical stasis field, woe to anyone who dares even touch it, lest they make it lose value.
>>
File: designed wrong.png (98 KB, 538x664)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>67822186
Pretty motherfucking autistic.
>>
>>67846623
>>67846686
What about a tired dragon who can't sleep very well, so he is sometimes grumpy. While he is too tired to actually attack the party, he does have mean and rude zingers and quips and is generally abrasive. If the party can help him finally go to sleep, he will be eternally grateful to them. He even tried stealing sheep and counting them.. it didn't help
>>
>>67847522
The Boomer Dragon?
>>
>>67825853
Huh
>>
>>67822186
Probably moreso than normal dragons since my dragons collect not just gold but "the best of everything".

This means they also kidnap talented individuals for part of their horde and have kidnapped nobles solely because it's said the princess is the best cook in the land.

Dragon fights are not just territory or rivalry, it's to try to raid the other's horde or asserting theirs as superior.
>>
>>67848548
His lawnmower collection is legendary
>>
>>67850019
>Hoard of Monster Energy Drinks
>>
>>67848830
So you mean Trayzn?
>>
>>67827989
I love them
>>
>>67822186
Most Dragons have severe autisim due to an ancient curse cast upon them by the human gods to prevent them from rebuilding their empire.
It's starting to fail.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.