[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: cn2-4-emissary-s-ploy.jpg (228 KB, 672x936)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Cheap Parlor Tricks Edition

Previously: >>67805256

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

CARD SEARCH
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Topic
What is the most unique board state you've ever been a part of?
>>
Every post will just be people making up shit with Shaharazad.

My real answer is someone playing Brawl insanely late in the game and only me and the guy playing it knowing how it would play out. It was alot of fun for the newbies to see it and get into it.
>IN RESPONSE!
was yelled constantly for 5 minutes and we were all drunk tapping our guys hitting each other and sometime actually doing instant speed plays. It quickly devolved into just fucking with the last guy to fuck with you.
It was glorious.
>>
>>67809861
>What is the most unique board state you've ever been a part of?
Avacyn, a land, Bolas's Citadel, Necropotence, one life.
No I did not use Bolas's Citadel to sac lands, it doesn't work.
I used Cataclysm
>>
>>67809922
>Brawl
I think you're lost.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>67809933
I think you are an idiot.
>>
I love angels!
>>
>>67809955
>Art that belongs in a f2p game
>>
>>67809933
>>67809947
embarrassing
>>
>>67809977
I didn't know there were f2p games with nice art
>>
>>67809933
Did you even read his post or did you just see the word brawl and sperg out?
>>
File: 281.jpg (36 KB, 640x360)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>67809977
yeah, because we clearly made colossal leaps in quality if compared to nowadays...
>>
File: 1565734036928.png (1.05 MB, 700x900)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>67809955
I also love angels!
>>
>>67810025
>did you just see the word brawl and sperg out
Yes.
>>
>>67809977
There's phone games with better art standards than modern MtG and that's sad.
>>
File: sephara_.jpg (843 KB, 1470x1080)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>67809955
me too!
>>
File: 1557104188575.jpg (173 KB, 1280x1726)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>67809955
I love Angels too. I just made an Avacyn deck and having a lot of fun with it.
Still needs a few things, but taxing the shit out of people is surprisingly fun. Before bashing them in the face with big, sweaty angel tits. That are also indestructible.
>>
File: whap.gif (1.5 MB, 270x368)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>67809861
>TQ
Once M20 came out i wanted to try out Leyline of Abundance, so i went simic with a bunch of X cost cards (Voracious Hydra, Hydroid Krasis, etc) plus mana dorks. As the turns went on, we got into increasing stalemates, where he had powerful creatures to defend against my powerful creatures, so none of us attacked the whole game. By the end we had all of our biggest guys out and i was actually about to mill myself out. Then i drew and played Finale of Revelation for 15 and found Mass Manipulation. The lad even had the courtesy not to concede and let me hit him for a fuckton.
>>
>>67810068
>Sephora
>>
>>67810077
>Big, sweaty angel tits
My man, currently playtesting Selesnya Knights/angels with Sigarda in charge, main themes include vigilance, anthems, +1/+1 counters, hexproof and indestructible. Opponents often get molested by 15/15 untouchable flappy waifus, not big or clever but bloody good fun
>Inb4 Selesnya
Feck yez, it's the best guild!
>>
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 672x936)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>67809861
>tq
Any game with Yet Another AEther Vortex, basically. My favorite card of all time and the best un-card.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.18 MB, 2369x3292)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>67810068
I love Time Elementals!
>>
File: 1557021155976.jpg (170 KB, 900x1163)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>67810227
I was always a fan of the Innistrad blocks, and had tons of cards from there. So I made a Church of Avacyn-themed deck, using mostly humans from the block like Thalia and any I could find that had Avacyn's collar on them. Like the Bishop of Wings from M20. So I'd start with humans and small 1/1 tokens and tithes and taxes to slow down opponents and lots of exiling opponent's combo pieces.
Before switching gears to angels, angel tokens, and of course, the big girl herself.
>>
>>67810249
is un-card posting in EDH the newest long term no gain shitposting con going on right now?
>>
Which C19 deck should I buy my wife for Cristmas.
>>
>>67810289
The Naya one.
>>
>>67810276
good taste
>>
>>67810095
>people caring about whether they get an opponent to concede or actually bringing life total to 0 or other wincon
i've never understood this. a win is a win.
>>
File: twilight shep.jpg (152 KB, 1200x877)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>67809955
Me too!
>>
>>67810287
I've played with and against YAÆV for years with a group that was fine with un-cards. We never used obnoxious ones and only played them rarely and it was a ton of fun. I think it's a benefit of playig mtg at a college club instead of an LGS.
>>
>>67809861
We had a coinflip deck running cards like risky move and other red enchantments and copy enchantment effects that basically made a boardstate where creatures could only actually deal combat damage 1/16th of the time, flat died before damage 1/2 the time, and would one-shot anyone on the board whenever they actually managed to connect. Another guy had Varchild and was basically playing pre-1941 America giving out free beat sticks to everyone during this mess, and the labman deck had no library or labman but just kept staying in the game through recycling their hand into their yard then to their library to prevent them from dying over and over again.

Shit ended pretty anti-climatically with a hive-minded blue sun's, but the journey was special.
>>
>>67810319
I agree. I've played at least a few decks that I won dozens of games with without ever actually playing it out. "I've got infinite mana and draw my deck, do you have any responses?" is equivalent to "I win".
>>
>>67810409
I used to just scoop because they had the win. Until I didn't and it turned out they didn't have the win.
Now I always make them play it out. What really gets me is when you make them play it out and they act incredulous because of it.
>>
>>67810285
Sounds like a comfy theme deck you've got there. A fun interaction I've found is plopping down Divine Intervention then playing Evangel of Heliod with around 10/15 devotion to white; brown-trousers time for the unprepared player
>>
>>67810443
>>67810409
I'll scoop and allow the other guy to win if it's one of the players I know that knows their shit and I trust him when he says he has it. Because he usually does. A few other players at my LGS, I'll make them play it out because it usually turns out they don't have it, and/or they just don't know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>67810249
un-cards were a mistake.
There is a reason Unhinged sold like absolute shit and boxes were worthless for a long time.
>>
>>67810551
un-cards are fine for what they are and I'm glad wotc did them and had fun. The faggot that keeps posting them in EDH threads like anyone uses un-cards is just insufferable.
I'm convinced its the selesnya sissybois just finding a new longcon to exploit. Has the same hallmarks of someone that gets off on people yelling at them.
>>
is there a deck that can win consistently 80-90% of the time without any interaction with the other players or boardstate

i want to be able to win pods consistently without having to interact with or think about whatever casual fuckery is going on in the decks of the other players. i should be able to win just playing out my deck mechanic
>>
File: Chandler.png (143 KB, 223x309)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>67810551
Wow, you're fucking off topic.
>>
>>67810302
Do you want him to have a divorce?
>>
>>67810605
If there was everyone would be using it shamelessly and you would know.
>>
>>67810631
there should be a single consistently best deck that exists that stomps all other decks and archetypes
>>
>>67810605
>I want to play by myself without caring about what my opponent is doing
I think what you're looking for is Modern
>>
>Discussing un-cards
It's both a good and bad place for a few, few, creative experiments.

>Standard sets have had cards that gave non-permanents Lifelink and Deathtouch
>Giving a non-permanent Trample is too crazy and only happened in an unset
>Having the same card have different art and flavor text seems fun and harmless if it ever happened outside of an unset
>Having the same card have different rules text was pretty funny during spoiler season, but it's for the best if they never do it again.
>>
>What is the most unique board state you've ever been a part of?

Buckle up faggots, while I tell you why my former playgroup hates Wish effects.
>Playing Kess cancer
>Not cEDH, but was a lot faster than most of the other decks in the shop
>Quickly start getting bored comboing out
>One day walk up to group with a Mastermind's Acquisition in deck and a great idea in mind
For background, before I pulled this shit our group was pretty okay with Wish cards. I was even okay with playing a Cunning Wish every now and then. We also didn't care much for color identity restriction as well, but we were on our own for getting the out-of-color-identity-color to cast the spells we got.

That quickly changed after this.

Also, the deck wasn't completely cEDH, but it was a lot faster than a lot of the other decks at the shop and started a massive power creep within the shop's more casual circles.
>Game goes as normal, just Grixis Mastubation shit while everyone's trying to outplay my control state or help me kill myself faster
>Eventually Entomb Worldgorger at the end of last player's turn.
>"So, you going to kill us now?"
>No
>Animate Dead Worldgorger for mana with Kess on the field
>Cunning Wish into Quicken while the bouncy castle of aspergers is going off
>Pull from Tomorrow for deck - 1, cast Mastermind's Acquisition and copy it with Increasing Vengeance
>Djinn Illuminatus and Flash
>Kess-Cast Mastermind's Acquisition, replicate it for an absolute shitload amount of times
>"How many cards are you getting anon?"
>Whip out my mono-white aggro deck, and the pieces I need
>"A lot."
>Unsubstantiate from MA the rest of the cards I might need then end the bouncy castle of autism
>Dramatic Scepter + Gilded Lotus for mana
>mfw table realizes what's happening
>Walking Atlas + Boots for seven plains onto the battlefield
>Pitch my Kess deck save for the pieces I need.
>Barrin: Master Wizard hits the board
>Time Warp

1/2
>>
File: 1246952268558.jpg (21 KB, 200x234)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>67810654
>i'm so bad at the game i want to net-deck a cancerous win
>>
>>67810713

2/2

>Table is confused why I would pass the turn without a lab man out and with an empty library
>Correct them that I'm not done yet.
>They're equal parts growing impatient and wondering just what in the absolute fuck is happening

And now for the fun part.

>Wheel of Fortune, copied, then countered (just to be thorough)
>Retain priority, Pull From Tomorrow (copied, then countered) for 0, replicated for 94 times with Illuminatus
>Retaining priority, Walking Atlas to put Bog onto the field and onto the stack from K-trigger
>Sac rest all permanents save for white lands for Barrin's effect, targeting a Pack Rat token
>"Okay, I'm going to pass around priority to the table. Do you have any responses?"
>Rhetorically, of course, if they wanted to stop me, that train left the station long ago, and crashed off of a bridge in a fiery explosion last week
>Bog's triggered ability resolves, getting rid of every card in my graveyard, which by now is the entirety of my Kess deck as well the pieces that this autism used, save for one still in my hand
>Kess goes back into the command zone
>Pull from Tomorrow copies resolve, pitch entire mono-white deck, then pitch Kozilek, shuffling it and my mono-white deck into my library
>Wheel resolves, no hand to discard, draw mono-white deck hand
>End turn, extra turn begins
>Board wipe, then continue the game like normal with mono-white

And that's how I played a mono-white EDH deck with Kess as the commander.
>>
>>67810718
>calling out netdecking

nobody has ever brewed an original deck, not even the people building the winning decklists. its all taken from other ideas

winning is the only goal
>>
>>67810605
>>67810631
There are lots of decks like that, but if you're too stupid to understand which interactions work that way, I'm not going to tell you. Read bitch read.
>>
>>67810766
Your concept of "originality" is flawed. Making a deck that uses established, consensus synergies between cards is not "unoriginal"
>>
>>67810737
kek, pretty good

You can't do it anymore though :(
>>
>>67810713
>>67810737
I don't know if this really happened. But I don't care. It's beautiful either way.
>>
>>67809861
>Thread Topic
Storming off with a Baral's Expertise targeting my Ink-Treader Nephilim, and a Possibility Storm and Knowledge Pool on the field. Ended up with a Hidetsugu under my control, a Dictate of the Twin Gods and Concordant Crossroads on the field and won by adjusting my life total to an odd number with Mana Confluence then tapping Hidetsugu.
>>
>>67810551
Because you can't use them in any format.
>>
>>67810036
>Angel(Male)
>>
>>67810878
I think this is part of why Unstable was so much more successful than Unhinged. They really made sure to sell is as a draft experience, rather than something for constructed play.
>>
>>67810319
It feels cash to super slam dunk an opponent's life total with a bunch of dudes. Also it feels good to see the cards in your deck work together to secure the win as opposed to it simply being implied. Having the opponent concede before the actual winning boardstate is achieved is like blacking out during sex and then waking up and it's over.
>>
>>67810319
opponents conceding the game is a cheap shitty and unsportsman like way to play the game

desu conceding the game should be made illegal, players should be forced to watch the gamestate proceed to its conclusion because of the inherent superiority of the winning deck and its player
>>
>>67810551
The thing that showed me how fucked up magic has gotten from the “investors” is that unstable sold like hot cakes because of the lands. And now Wizards has caught on and is milking the player base at every opportunity.
>>
>>67810766
Suck my dick the first deck I ever built was before I even knew what netdecking was and my Nebuchadezzar deck was built without using primers because there physically were none at the time I built him.
>>
File: 1438368291534.webm (1.62 MB, 1872x820)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
>>67810987
Mark Rosewater here, we'll be making concession an illegal game action by sanctioned tournament rules. The penalty will be a game loss.
>>
>>67810703
>>Having the same card have different art and flavor text seems fun and harmless if it ever happened outside of an unset
They did do that.

>>67810605
You are a collosal fucking faggot.

>>67810823
Believe it if you want to. Or not. I'm not a Redditfag with anything to prove.

Elaborating a bit about what happened afterwards, though, eventually they started getting more and more restrictive each time, and each time I found some way to break it in a retarded way until they just banned wish effects outright because they didn't think to just fucking leave a counterspell or K-Grip in hand.

A lot of the players became so butthurt about combo that they later tried to make an absolute retarded points league to try to deter people from playing it. Last time I pasted the list they used, the anons here had a good laugh at how retarded it was.
>>
>>67809977
Unironically better art than a vast majority of the art MtG has nowadays.
>>
File: 1557822479169.png (1.78 MB, 1543x1000)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>67809955
I, too, love angels.
>>
>>67811047
Are you referring to reprints or promos?
That's cheating. You know it has to be different art and flavor text in the same set.

Brothers Yamazaki was a gimmick.
>>
>>67811042
I could honestly see this happening at this point.
>shuffle up, ask my opponent if they concede
>judge call them if they say no
Asking if they concede will be the new "how many cards in hand?"
>>
>>67811090
Fallen Empires, you nigger. They had three different versions of multiple cards in it.
>>
This isn't the thread for it but does anyone know off the top of their heads any time a pro got noticably salty and rude while on camera?
I really like seeing pros getting blown out by nobodies or getting penalized for acting like obfuscating punks.

anyone got any good leads? Player name will probably be enough. I want some schadenfreude tonight with my sushi.
>>
>>67811090
guildgates off the top of my head
>>
>>67811090
In my dreams, Brothers Yamazaki has "Brothers Yamazaki partners with Brothers Yamazaki."
>>
>>67810068
tasteless
>>
>>67811129
Well, he didn't get rude per se, but you can see his spirit break in the Bonfire of the Damned incident
>>
>>67811090
https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3026
>>
>>67811118
Well, it’s been decades. I forgot I had to haggle a seller for the shark High Tide when they sent me a merfolk High Tide, and I got a bunch of Initiate of the Ebon Hand that I never actually used

My bad.
>>
>>67811140
I'm the guy that plays them like that in my pod and everyone loves it.
>>
File: Saproling combo.jpg (785 KB, 1374x956)
785 KB
785 KB JPG
>>67810987
With these in play, I play a land. You and I are eternally locked into an unending game. It will be a pleasure to die with you.
>>
>>67810703
>>Having the same card have different art and flavor text seems fun and harmless if it ever happened outside of an unset
We tried that, and it turns out that it's a massive headache if the cards end up being playable in constructed formats. Players use card art a lot for visual shortcutting so they don't have to read what a card is, but aren't always great at retaining what art goes on what card once you have to remember two to three pieces of art per individual card.
>>
>>67811148
Who?
Only cringe incident I remember is Chapin being on camera for like 20 minutes cornershooting with mic to the judge and they just kept filming it when they should have cut away.
>>
>>67811171
Uh wat
>>
>>67811208
It's an infinite loop that never ends. If players aren't allowed to concede, guess what? You're stuck there forever.
>>
>>67811222
how is it a loop?
>>
>>67811208
He wants games to go on until there's a winner. That combo locks the game into a perpetual loop without exit.
>>
>>67811222
Infinite loops end in a draw m8
>>
>>67811187
Speaking of Chapin there were entire year long strings where he'd be tweaking hardcore on camera. Got to the point they'd make weird segments about "stress" instead of just not putting him on camera.
>>
>>67811232
read the cards ya brainlet
>>
>>67811171
You intentionally created a board state that makes the gamestate unfunctional. The game cannot move to a potential winstate or lose state.
You lose for intentionally compromising the integrity of the game.
>>
>>67811232
Whenever a land enters the battlefield, a Saproling token is made. But Saprolings are also lands, so it's basically "Whenever a land enters the battlefield, create a land token."
>>
>>67810605
Tazri Food Chain.
>>
>>67811164
I wish I could swap lives with you.
>>
File: Commander_progression.png (86 KB, 514x450)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
Uh what the fuck happened here? Is there some context or this is just fucked? And what about c19?
>>
>>67811264
No, the game is a draw. Learn the rules.
>>
>>67811298
>thing that released longer ago costs more than thing that released more recently
really doin me a think
>>
>>67811298
Planeswalker commanders. No one cares about them. Notice one of the decks is an enchantment themed deck. Let that inform you on the whole.
>>
>>67811355
Anon, what year do you think it is?
>>
>>67811298
Commander 2018 has still been in print up until now. 2017 hasn't been in print for a year. Prices change.
>>
>>67811298
>all decks 3 color with planeswalker commanders
>one is a lil nigga girl
>enchantment deck with theros style cards but not enough for the theros fans, but too much for the non-fans
>zombie deck so tribal but not cats so wotc botched it on purpose
>lands deck that was infamously "lands matter" when it wasn't and had a bara kitty like every year
>A storm deck with 9 mana storm cards that didn't have storm on them, but did.

It was like they let an AI design it. An AI from the Yu-gi-oh PS1 game.
>>
>>67811298
As others have said, c2017 was released before c2018, and hasn’t been in print.

As for c19, it is definitely better than c18. You can expect them to climb higher than last year.
>>
>>67811401
Don't forget they were also just really really bad. Windgrace was their saving grace from marketing standpoint but they shot themselves in the foot on spoiler season with the lands matters posts in a deck that really wasn't lands matter.
>>
Trying to be fair, Unstable had ones that were compositionally the same, just details were different.

Fallen Empires had completely different art altogether.

In the case of the Dryad Arbor thing, the surprising visual shorthand was the frame, not the art.

But like, according to you any *playable* card that gets reprinted with different art will have the exact same effect anyway.
>>
>>67809977
I got you some non-f2p angel art
>>
>>67811474
God that looks terrible. Gtfo with your nigger Angels
>>
File: 1468301972630.jpg (65 KB, 223x310)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I haven't updated my Gitrog deck in ages. It's also a little heavily skewed towards Green, which is a little annoying. What are some good or recent Black cards that would fit well in a Gitrog deck?
>>
>>67811474
I'm just staggered at how much detail card art loses at card size. There are better examples, but I never even registered a skin tone at card size, but here you have all the very obvious details of the face to scrutinize.
>>
>>67811440
There was a zombie deck in c18?
>>
>>67811527
Varina was in the Esper colored deck. Maybe they meant her.
>>
>>67811511
u mad bro?
>>
I am so glad that I already had Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession because I was thinking about building Ghave, because now those are starting to skyrocket.
>>
>>67811440
Last year’s decks were practically Planeswalker deck equivalents for Commander. WotC decided that they’d rather poison the format than support it.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (13 KB, 516x87)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>67811352
>>67811401
>>67811465
>It's old
So that's why Born of the Gods box costs more than Eldritch moon box.
Oh wait...
pic related
>>67811359
Those prices are the prices of the cards, not the price of the product. The demand/availability of the actual product is less important than the cards in the product, even though those things are related.
>>67811440
>Animatou
One of the 4 planeswalkers being black made the prices go down by triple?
>>
>>67811471
Dryad Arbor was just a can of worms but wotc honestly didn't know it would turn out that way. The real problem were people intentionally scouring every Forest ever printed to try to play the one that looked most similar and then play only those Forests.
Don't know how they should have done it but wotc shouldhave banned anyone that submitted decks with that specific forest arbor combo that we all know every player was doing.

The card is so fucked visually that they had to change the fucking rules to stop cornershooting faggots.

>>67811517
They literally just printed a froggie boi for you. It reads like an intentionally common version of the Gittyboi. Pic related.
Whether you want to play it or not is up to you. Seems intentionally made for Gitrog.
>>
>>67811587
Niglet humans are fine with me. But nigger Angels? It shall not stand.
>>
>>67811527
wasn't there an esper legend that was a zombie and did things with zombies?
That year was really weak and I avoided it. Planeswalker commanders were okay as the 5 monocolored ones because (except one) they were reasonable. Still shit though.
>>
>>67811517
>>67811624

Sorry, thought I posted the creature with it.
>>
>>67811620
Fine, wanna know the real reason? The commanders from c2017 were really fucking cool and the ones from c2018 were shit except for the nigger girl. Tribal is insanely popular, and the themes for c2018 were nowhere near as good.
>>
>>67811620
>being black made the prices go down by triple?
Yeah it's like renting property to them
>>
>>67811678
That flavor text is classic flavortext if you ask me.
>>
>>67811657
I picked up the Esper deck because it had Yuriko, and Aminatou is awesome for infinite combo’ing.
>>
Finally get to go to edh night for the first time in over a year.
I hope I'm get to play most of my decks. I have 8 of them...
>>
>>67811708
I haven't bought one since Arahbo and I regretted it instantly. Its a neat deck but I get why people hate Eminence now. It is a bullshit ability. His were especially bullshit.
>you get an unflinching courage, and you get an unflinching courage, AND you...
>get an armadillo cloak because you are cool
>you... you get an unflinching courage.
>>
why does mtg attract the most shitposting pretending to be retarded spergs

i havent noticed more than the normal amount of sperging in mtg vs other hobbies
>>
>>67811587
Don't you bring up Agrus, he's innocent of all this.
>>
>Lorwyn/Shadowmoor had goblins in all 5 colors
>Ravnica too, but Boros Recruit was the only white one
>There will never be 5c goblins outside of Morophon
>>
>>67811756
I might be wrong, but wasn’t Arahbo’s trigger so strong that he was banned in 1v1?
>>
File: 5c goblins now.png (25 KB, 720x496)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>67811779
>>
>>67811779
Wizards needs to stop being cowards and give us a 5 Colour Goblin Avatar already.
>>
>>67810068
Your edits are getting so subtle that nobody realizes it
But I realize it, brother. I see you
>>
>>67811783
No clue but I can tell you from experience it was so strong I took him out of the deck in disgust. Actual disgust.
Its rare you read a card and it seems so unreasonably broken as soon as you read it. Well it used to be, seems like almost every legend is like that now. Remember when we complained when a legend would draw a card if you did a thing? You'll be lucky now if all it does is draw 1 card instead of drawing 5, putting a land in play, creating a free token, and giving someone 9 infect.
>>
>>67811620
You're not getting this. The C18 decks are literally still available at Walmart for MSRP because they were still in production. The prices can only climb so high when stock is being moved through vendors that don't adjust their prices based on demand.
>>
>>67810068
now do some flatties, please
>>
>>67811791
>monogreen merfolk
>>
>>67811791
>we don't break it
>Meanwhile on Ixalan
>Mono W Vampires
>Mono R Pirates
>Mono G Merfolk
>>
>>67811799
>Simic Goblin
>>
>>67811885
>The guy she tells you not to worry about.
>>
>>67811867
>Mono R Pirates
How is that a break in the slightest? Also, "Pirate" isn't a race.
>>
I just looked at the full spoiler (maybe full) and the amount of absolute jank you are going to get is astounding.
>>
>>67811791
>"We dont't break the Color Pie"
>prints THIS GAY SHIT
>>
>>67811885
The virgin Kozilek versus the chad Swirling Spriggan
>>
>>67811913
>Also, "Pirate" isn't a race.
How dare you.
>>
>>67811917
blue has bounce whats wrong with the color
>>
>>67811885
He's what ever color he wants to be
>>
>>67811917
>""""format agnostic""""
>In a made for Commander product
>>
>>67811917
That doesn't break the color pie. That's a thing blue does.
>>
In the last year we've gotten like 8 new future sights for every type of card in the game. One of the new legends does the typical wotc thing of doing that but taking it too far too fast.
This accelerationism is messing with the format so hard.
It has to be intentional at this point.
>>
>>67811936
Bounce returns the card to hand. This isn't bounce.
>>
>>67811917
I'm more upset about cards ever referencing the command zone than I am about blue boomeranging shit.
>>
>>67811963
>In the last year we've gotten like 8 new future sights for every type of card in the game.
wot?
>>
File: Image (1).png (117 KB, 223x311)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>67811917
>post this when you could have posted pic related
>>
>>67811974
whats the difference
>>
File: venser.jpg (292 KB, 672x936)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
How come regular is like 8 bucks but foil is pushing 80?
>>
>>67811980
Leadership Vaccum isn't a boomerang effect. That would require the card being sent to hand.
>>
>>67811963
>One of the new legends does the typical wotc thing of doing that but taking it too far too fast.
She's at best just a less-broken Narset.
>>
>>67811963
Yup, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm open to the possibility that they're retards though. Bolas's Citadel/Mystic Forge/Djinn/etc are way too many of that ability for one year. Mystic Forge has FUCKED Vintage too and I'm pissed at wotc between that card and Karn/Narset earlier in the year. They really threw a lot of unfun wrenches into the best format this year.

Meanwhile in EDH I'm playing Narset in every blue deck (because she's a new auto-include staple) and wheeling people's hands away all the time.
>>
>>67812009
Because Venser’s a king.
>>
>>67811974
Bounce returns cards to the hand because that's where one usually casts cards from. That isn't true of commanders, so commander bounce sends a commander to the command zone.
The flavor of bounce has been "Return from whence ye came" for a long-ass time. And the command zone is absolutely from whence ye came.
>>
>>67811974
>>67812013
don't reply to stale bait
>>
>>67812009
because it’s a staple and a large amount of people would love to have a foil thus it demands a premium price. supply/demand
>>
>>67812009
Because the patricians that play Venser are patricians so they don't buy nonfoil. Also, that card used to be extremely good and widely played.
>>
>>67812008
The Hand and The Command Zone are as different as the Hand and the Graveyard/Exile.
>>67812036
>Flavor arguments
Hello Nosewater
>>
>>67811981
We just got an artifact/colorless future sight in M20.
We got a "black" future sight in Bolas' Citadel
The creature future sight existed for years in green
One of the new legends in C19 is a jeskai prowess that is prowess future sight essentially
Future sight itself has been reprinted often and we got a functional reprint/upgrade/downgrade in War of the spark.

A shitload of cards in the last year or so that negated the special thing future sight did. If it was sprinkled over a decade or something I wouldn't care.

Its just like Titania. Each year after that was a different lands matters commander that was just a complete upgrade over what she did.
Too many cards coming out too close together that are all the same card just in different colors.
>>
>>67812009
Because regular was up to around $20 before he was reprinted in MM3, and foils have a stronger price memory than nonfoils.
>>
@67812036
kys baiter
>>
>>67812013
Categorically incorrect. Plow Under is referred to as bounce.
>>
>>67812064
yes but arguably having things in gy or exile is more valuable than in hand

if you look at most cedh games played today more spells are cast from exile/graveyard than the hand, the hand is the objectively worst place for a card to be
>>
>>67811589
>Starting to skyrocket
Not at all, parallel lives has hardly moved and anointed went up a buck - fucking Primal Vigor costs more, you retard
>>
>>67811998
Also a poorly implemented card. It should have either turned the card face-down or returned the card to hand then make the owner Manifest from hand.
>>
>>67812069
>Future sight itself has been reprinted often and we got a functional reprint/upgrade/downgrade in War of the spark.
Which card is that? You don't mean Bolas Citadel again do you?
>>
>>67812024
Don't forget Experimental Frenzy and Precognition Field!
>>
>>67812113
No. Some blue variant that costs 3U
>>
>>67812090
Diametrically eat my ass, faggot
>>
>>67812090
no it isn't
>>
>>67811963
>>67811981
>>67812024
>>67812069
>>67812118
And still no Oracle of Mul Daya reprint.
>>
>>67812104
Go find a Parallel Lives for 10 dollars like I did within the last month.
>>
>>67811917
fucking retard
>>
>>67812024
Mystic Forge is intentionally worded to work with the new Karn specifically. No one else is playing colorless cards. It clearly wasn't designed with Eldrazi in mind.

They wouldn't have worded it like this in the before time, but we wouldn't have had planeswalker bs ruining card formatting at all because they didn't exist.
>>
>>67812130
You are asking him to diametrically eat your ass, doesn’t that make you the faggot?
>>
>Leadership Vacuum posts

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/leadership+vacuum

>Conflates "sending a spell or permanent back to it's owner's hand" with "back to the zone it was cast from"

Does blue bounce things cast from the graveyard back to the graveyard? Trick question, that's equivalent to destroying/countering it normally.

Does blue bounce things back to exile that were cast from exile? Also a trick question, because that's just an exile counterspell or a flat out exile effect.

Blue returns things to hands (and sometimes libraries, but that's different). That's established. Leadership Vacuum is a break because it pretends that "hand" and "CZ" are equivalent when they're not, and "format agnostic" is hilarious when it's a made for commander card. A card made for use in a specific format.
>>
>>67812154
>Now $15
Oh wow, the hike is unstoppable
And foils are $25, holy shit get on the train guys!
>>
>>67812133
Yes it is you faggot. I played Type 1 way back in the day and it was in the same decks as Repulse. People referred to them both as bounce. The theme of the deck was bounce and Plow Under was talked about in the same tongue as Repulse.

You chumps don't even know where half the terms spring from and you talk shit about what the vernacular means.
>>
>>67812168
Eating bootymeat is alway gay
>>
>>67812147
You'll get another Courser reprint and you'll like it.
>>
>>67812154
Your attempts to get others to move on a card are incredibly transparent. Please stop, you've done this like three threads in a row now. You should've speculated on doubling season when it hit $30 during Battlebond instead, my bet is parallel lives will be reprinted this fall and your efforts will be even more blown out
>>
>>67812127
I just looked at all the blue WAR cards and I don't see it
>>
>>67812154
>$15 is skyrocketing
Yikes and oofpilled
>>
File: ust-137-x.jpg (166 KB, 672x936)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>67810582
I mean, my playgroup allows certain Un-cards. The problem with blanket allowing all Un-cards is a lot of them are one note jokes that are barely funny the first time, but unfortunately WotC likes to slip in some interesting designs like the Unstable legends and contraptions.
>>
>>67812232
The name is Precognition Field. I don't remember the set name.
Point is they flooded the game with a shitload of copies of what was a relatively unique mechanic.

And for what gain?
>>
>>67809861
I was losing a commander game as Chaos Jhoira. I set up a combo to make everybody lose the game simultaneously due to drawing all the cards in their deck. Of course, eye of the storm and hive mind was out, so any counterspells, everyone got a copy, and all the older spells too. Everyone spent an hour during my upkeep trying to figure it out and they didn't find a way to stop me and everyone died.
>>
>>67812268
It was in dominaria
>>
>>67812191
Jesus H. Christ

The H stands for "horseshit" which is all this amounts to
>>
File: mor-122-fertilid.jpg (235 KB, 672x936)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>67809861
>TQ

It's not too apeshit but I Villainous Wealthed someone and got Ob Nixilis unshackled while I had a Fertilid out. I just recurred Fertilid like fuck and forced everyone to search for basics
>>
>>67812282
Good on you for bringing everyone down instead of kingmaking. You won't hear that often. People will probably think you were being a cunt.
Jhoira and the people who play her are kikes, it makes perfect sense you'd enable the Samson Option.
>>
divine intervention is the best edh win condition

i only play edh to resolve divine interventions these days
>>
>>67812253
I don't dislike this because of the intentionally obfuscated text. I dislike it because I dislike all cards that have a rule saying they can use an ability when they can't and the original ability saying they can is illegal in the first place.

That black legendary elder dragon is the same way. It literally functions against the rules as the rules are written. Luckily magic has a stupid rule that says rules can be broken.
>>
>>67812368
Had a guy play a proxied version of this against me a few weeks ago.
I was playing Atraxa. I just countered any card he had that removed counters from things. I still lost because I was doing that dumb shit instead of just destroying it to sidestep the shenanigans. He didn't force a draw but I lost to the Ruric Thar wannabe centuar thing while not focusing on anyone but the Daxos guy playing the enchantment.
>>
You know, I thought you guys were just being weird about the Future Sight variants, but holy shit. Future Sight was originally printed seventeen years ago, but literally half of the variants were printed within the last two years.
>>
>>67812368
my edh deck i threw together the other day out of my random card pile is running one
>>
>>67812380
Which elder dragon? I've loved black dragons since HoMM3
>>
>>67812480
I'm an insane conspiracy theorist about most things, but sometimes I turn out to be right.
Now do one of all the new Legends from the Commander precons since they've started and highlight all the Cats. Prepare to weep.

>>67812544
correction: Elder Dinosaur (so sorry).
>>
>>67812514
>commander eesha
>mageta the lion
>oldkroma
you alright bantboi
>>
>>67812574
Oh yeah. He's great in Horobi
>>
>>67812544
I think he actually means Tetzimoc, which isn't a dragon.
Apparently, he has something against the fact that cards are allowed to have activated abilities that can be activated from zones other than the battlefield, despite that being the basis for a number of keywords and ability words.
>>
>>67812602
i miss when commander eesha was good
>>
>>67812380
>Luckily magic has a stupid rule that says rules can be broken.
I'm sorry, I don't really follow. Why is this stupid? Loads of mechanics wouldn't do anything if "rules" couldn't be "broken" (by which I assume you mean conditionally overruled).
Like, do you have a problem with how Haste "breaks" the rule that creatures can't tap or attack the turn they come under your control? Vigilance "breaking" the rule that creatures tap when they attack?
>>
If you manifest the top card of your library, how can you turn it face up since you don't know what the card or the cost of the card is?
>>
>>67812544
Do you have a Kokusho deck or just the card?
I heard a rumor the card art of him is a very stylized kanji for "death."
Don't know if its true but the way his body coils is very different than all the other Kamigawa dragons.

>>67812613
Speaking of Horobi, does pic related work like I think it does? I can choose to remove 0 counters and still target something for -0/-0 and it is still targeted?
>>
>>67812574
>Now do one of literally 100 cards
No.
>>
>>67812655
you can always look at any face down card you control whenever you want. If it is a creature with no morph cost its morph cost is equal to its mana cost.
>>
>>67812655
You can look at face-down creatures you control, dipshit.
>>
>>67812514
>gaeas cradle with no creatures

what is even the win con of this deck other than constantly blowing up the board

what does that pheldy even do
>>
>>67812655
You can look at face-down creature cards you control.
>>
>>67812665
Jazal is when they went into overdrive. Start there. Or just trust me when I assert someone on the design team for EDH has a cat fetish, specifically bara catmen.
I'm the guy who made the future sight claim, I'm trust-able.
>>
File: download.jpg (172 KB, 800x605)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
need some help. want to change up the deck but am having trouble making cuts. here is what i want to add
>crux of fate
>coercive portal
>meteor golem
>duplicant
>maelstrom pulse
>windgrace's judgment
>windfall
>stream of thought
>commune with the gods
>altar of dementia
>jace, wielder of mysteries
>obsessive skinner
>glistening oil
>core prowler
and here is the deck https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/modular-muldrotha-grey-goo-boogaloo/
>>
>>67812268
I see, never knew about that card before but thank you.
>>
>>67812658
I run Kokusho in reanimate aristocrat decks like Yawgmoth and Chainer. I'm sure he'll put in work in Kerrick
>>
>>67812703
>with no creatures
I count at least 24, anon.
>>
>>67812514
baste
>>
>>67812716
NEW:
Jazal has been reprinted in the 4 years or so he's existed even.
Lord windgrace
Balan
Nahzan
Numirri
Marisi

REPRINTS
the white giant cat
Jenin ojlda;hpsh... the green cat legend

NON LEGEND NON EDH SPECIFIC
cat monkey
cat snake
cat dragon
all creatures that didn't have to be cat things but were for some reason.

Thats all I got off the top of my head. It is kind of alot in a short span
>>
>>67812733
people think its only good in 60 elf elfball and shit unless you are doing that specifically. I don't know why.
>>
>>67812775
communism cat
sneaky arrow cat
>>
>>67812788
I didn't want to just list every new cat in the cat tribal deck, I stuck to the legends. And even then I forgot the namesake: Arahbo.
I should have listed everything, even shit like metallic mimic and the new changelings just to make the list as damning as possible.
>>
>>67811854
apologies, but my draw to the path of the milkers is just too strong. not to mention most chicks in mtg nowadays are already pretty flat, so you should already be getting your money's worth
>>
>>67812787
its because that deck is a waste

there are multiple hundred dollar plus cards in that deck and its janky shitty grouphug hippo
>>
>>67812885
That is half the appeal to me. I've got all my foil fetches and my doubling season (signed) in a double sleeved Atraxa deck. Literally never play the thing. I'd sooner take it apart than play it. I only have it so I can spread it out like anon did in his pic and look at it.
The thought of actually playing it while typing this made me feel sick.
>>
Can you do anything interesting with Oona or is she kinda just trash?
>>
>>67812716
>Commander
Out of 15 legends, 0 cats
>Commander 2013
Out of 10 legends, 0 cats
>Commander 2014
Out of 10 legends (and planeswalkers), 1 cat
>Commander 2015
Out of 10 legends, 0 cats
>Commander 2016
Out of 20 (!) legends, 0 cats
>Commander 2017
Out of 16 legends, 5 cats (Notably, all except one were in the Cat Tribal deck)
>Commander 2018
Out of 16 legends (and planeswalkers), 1 cat (Yuriko, as she is only the tiger's shadow, and not the tiger itself, was disqualified)
>Commander 2019
Out of 16 legends, 1 cat
>Total
Out of 113 legends and planeswalkers, 8 cats
7.08%

>specifically bara catmen
Out of 8 cats, we have:
>Jazal
Bara catman.
>Arahbo
A fucking cat.
>Balan
Non-bara catgirl.
>Mirri
Non-bara catgirl. Also gets grandfathered in due to Weatherlight Saga.
>Nazahn
Questionably bara catman.
>Wasitora
A fucking cat (dragon).
>Lord Windgrace
Bara catman. Also gets grandfathered in due to Invasion block.
>Marisi
Bara catman.
>Total
Giving you Nazahn, you're at 4 bara catmen out of 113 commanders. That's only 3.5%--and one of those four has been part of the game's lore for almost twenty years.
I think you're reaching.
>>
>>67812480
WoW
o
W
>>
>>67812939
>notably, all except one were in the Cat tribal deck
>all except one
Now think back about the year with Kelemne. She was a Giant in a tribal giant deck. Now look how many Giants inexplicably show up in the other decks that year.
>>
>>67812885
none of the cards in my deck are over $100
>>
File: pika.jpg (163 KB, 480x569)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>67812939
I'm so proud of you anon, you're the hero we need.
>>
>>67812920
monoblack Oona (rotating generals optional
http://www.smileylich.com/mtg/magocracy/visual/Geth_Oona_Sisters_visual.html
>>
>>67812939
>Nazahn
>Questionably bara catman
>Questionably
bruh
>>
>>67812970
>tribal giant deck
What are you on about? C15 wasn't tribal, it was experience counters.
>>
>>67812970
You better not be talking shit about Wasitora, who was a player in the Legends Cycle when they took down Nicol Bolas and whose descendants were relevant during Time Spiral.
>>
>>67812992
I tend to think of bara as having more exposed muscles and emphasis on the physique. Nazahn's covered enough that I'd call it questionable.
Still, I did include him in the final bara catman count.
>>
>>67813016
There was a giant themed deck that Kelemne was in. RW. each of the other decks had a single Giant in them, always either Red or White, that wasn't in the Giant tribal deck they released. It was designed to make you buy all the decks just to get all the giants.
>>
>>67813016
She cares about big creatures and she's a giant so everybody gets asshurt about them not using it to give giants support.
>>
>>67812992
Was it intentional to make this look like a dragon dildo?

>>67813064
It also shipped with a shitload of giants in the deck. It was giant tribal. Use it however you want but they shipped it as giant tribal. Some of the giants even had giants matter type wording. It was tribal.
>>
Guys guys guys, it's not edh players who have a Bara cat man fetish, it's regular magic set designers. Note how many cats we've gotten since the set before amonket.
>>
File: A cat is fine too.png (1.32 MB, 3376x4754)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>this thread
>>
>>67813115
We know it isn't us. It is clearly 1 person on their dev team with a mission.
I'm putting money on it being a man too.
>>
Why is Cabal Coffers so damn expensive?
>>
>>67812973
correction apparently my cradle is over $100

thats weird
>>
>>67813220
because it hasn't been reprinted in forever and it's an auto-include in any mono black casual or EDH deck (and that's a shitload of decks)
Unfortunately it will probably be reprinted as rare or mythic in a Masters set but that will help the price. It's not like it's on the reserved list.
>>
>>67813286
I'm actually a little surprised that they didn't reprint it as a chase mythic/rare in Dominaria, especially given that the Cabal (or at least a version of it) were the main antagonists of the set.
>>
>>67813286
>Monoblack
It's an autoinclude in any Bx or Bxx.
>>
I'm going to post all the decks of the different players in my playgroup, and you can rate them individually

>Leyhan/Ishai counters+tokens
>Golos flicker

>Gitrog landfall
>Dorian treefolk/life gain
>Arcades walls

>Edgar Markov tribal
>Rafiq voltron
>Nekusar wheel

>Marchesa aggro/tokens
>Inalla wizards/control
>Grimgrin zombies
>Karrthus dragons

>Animar artifacts

>Yuriko ninjas
>>
>>67813115
>cats are exclusively white and green
>few if any black or red cats

I miss you Urborg Panther and Chartooth Cougar
>>
>>67813307
The made a shittier version by printing Cabal Stronghold.
>>
>>67812710
>>67812685
>>67812684
Really? They need to communicate that more clearly. This makes me hate morph and manifest a little less.
>>
>>67813220
Memes. It's honestly middling but guys like this
>>67813308
Tell you it's the shit. And I mean it's pretty good with urborg, but shit nigga you need at minimum 3 swamps before it's worth the land drop you miss.
>>
>>67813310
>Edgar Markov tribal
Piss.

They should get on my level
>Edgar Markov control/Haakon -Changeling combo
>>
>>67813307
>muh standard/draft environment
>>
>>67813310
>Leyhan/Ishai counters+tokens
>Golos flicker
He thinks he's more clever than he really is.

>Gitrog landfall
>Dorian treefolk/life gain
>Arcades walls
He's into anal, but (probably) not gay.

>Edgar Markov tribal
>Rafiq voltron
>Nekusar wheel
Just a fucking right cunt.

>Marchesa aggro/tokens
>Inalla wizards/control
>Grimgrin zombies
>Karrthus dragons
A simple man with simple tastes. Nothing wrong with that, so long as he doesn't get angry at others for having more complex tastes.

>Animar artifacts
He wants to be unique and off the wall, he just doesn't know how.

>Yuriko ninjas
If actually just ninja tribal, he's the kind of earnest guy who just wants to enjoy himself with everyone else. If it's like every other Yuriko build, he's another one of those who thinks he's more clever than he is.
>>
>>67813308
meh
>>
>>67813359
pretty spot on lel
>>
>>67813332
Which was unnecessary. Nykthos hardly broke Standard when it was printed.
>>
>>67813308
I've tried it and it's not that good. Green doesn't need it and nongreen can just use artifacts.
>>
>>67813400
From my understanding, Coffers is average in an average deck, it's just that there are some decks in which it blows the fuck up, so everyone "knows" it's a good card because it does good work in good decks.
>>
>>67813310
why does everyone have so few decks? there are about 7 players in my playgroup, and of them only 2 have less than 4 decks. both have 2 decks, but everyone else is running 4-10 decks each.
>>
>>67813442
Nah coffers is good in decks without wincons. If you play in a meta that has games consistently longer than 10 turns, coffers is great because it sets up baby's first exanguinate and the whole table goes "errrmuhgawd". When you have it in your opening hand, miss a land draw, and the table is actually doing thangs, you realize what you wish it was. No good deck cares about coffers because black can't make extra land drops, and any two colour deck dilutes your shit.
>>
>>67813452
Well, we just really started out about a year ago, so we don't have too many of them yet. Me and some others are also students so can't afford too many cards in a short time period. Also some of the decks have been reworked into their current forms now. But yeah, I guess we'll be adding some new ones quite soon.
>>
>>67813452
I can only afford one deck, don't want to make another out of random bulk so I rather wait until I finish my current one and then go for another, maybe I buy the madness precon, seems fun.
>>
>>67811791
Vampires could totally work in green. Just flavor it as them as savage predatory beasts that have lost who they were.
>>
I was thinking about doing Ghave or Slimefoot... but sell me on Hapatra.
>>
>>67813152
I wanna get my dick stuck on Kemba
>>
File: Hapatra portrait.jpg (80 KB, 618x800)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>67813647
She makes snek. What else could you ever want?
>>
>>67813647
Slimefoot is painfully slow in my experience.
Ghave goes infinite a lot, some groups don't like that. Hapatra is a balance
>>
>>67813713
Ghave is either "Nobody gets to play creatures and I go infinite" or "Saproling tribal, and eventually I will go infinite".

I have never in my life seen a Ghave list that doesn't include Earthcraft/Doubling Season, Bloodspore Thrinax, Phyrexian/Ashnod's Altar, and all of that other bullshit, but also the shell of a deck that has some kind of cohesive effect to run as a distraction before going infinite.
>>
>>67813713
Does she still work like a tokens/aristocrat style deck?
>>
>>67813782
All of those cards are fantastic on their own though. you really can't blame people for going infinite with Ghave.
>>
>>67812211
It's been referred to as tuck for well over a decade. Jargon changes.
>>
>>67813782
>he doesn't win by swinging with a huge champion of lambolt or ninth bridge patrol
Ghave loops have a lot of fun jank, I think it's silly that people equate loops with combos that actually win the game.
>>
>>67811791
Dude color pie lmao
>>
i got bored so i sleeved up another random deck from my pile
>>
>>67814083
turn down your sleeves' brightness
>>
>>67814083
>anime sleeves
Come on anon, why would you do this?
>>
>>67814083
>using Marisa for a deck without any theft effects
But, anon, she stole the precious thing
>>
Gotta send my thanks out to whichever anon was gushing about this bad boy weeks ago. I've been meaning to build a sliver get for years but never could since I wasn't wanting to fork out $40+ for a commander. Even with my relatively rough manabase and untuned cascade chains I'm still vomiting slivers all over the table and one-shotting people with unblockable commander damage all day ever day.
>>
>>67814103
>2hu
>anime
>>
Build a deck based off of your favorite nonmtg fictional character.
>>
>>67814083
Is the Rockshard Elemental a pet card or something? It's your only morph creature, and it's not very good.
>>
>>67814490
literally nothing in that deck is any good desu
>>
>>67814512
It could be semi-workable if they swapped out Jaya for Neheb.
>>
>>67814221
Even worse
>>
>>67810737
excellent story anon, thanks for sharing
>>
File: dandy.jpg (44 KB, 825x464)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>67814456
Maybe R/W Vehicles with Gerrard at the helm?
>>
Do you all build decks that share some similar expensive pieces? Thinking about doing some counter stuff since I have Doubling Season and the like. Would Ghave and Hapatra have a good amount of overlap? That way I have two token strategies, one focused on +1/+1 counters and one on -1/-1 counters.
>>
>>67815238
I have a Blaxos and a Tuvasa deck. They both share the expensive staples (one has proxies that are soon going to be Chinamen because screw the system). I made sure they were different though: Blaxos is soft stax with an exile/discard theme; and Tuvasa is Combo with a Auratron backup plan.
>>
tips for winning with Teshar?
>>
>>67812048
>post Onslaught foils
>patrician
Not even for Venser
>>
>>67812069
We got red future sight recently too, but you didn't list it.
HMMM a bluecuck?
>>
>>67815238
>Do you all build decks that share some similar expensive pieces?
I try to avoid doing this too much, both to ease the strain on my wallet and to increase diversity in how my decks play but I keep buying more copies of Cyclonic Rift
In general, any nonland above $20 or so is something I think really hard about before including in a second deck except for Cyclonic Rift
So, while I have Doubling Season in one deck that's heavy on counters and tokens, another deck that also has a sizeable token component only gets access to Parallel Lives. Sensei's Divining Top only goes in one deck, and a different deck gets Sylvan Library instead. But, God help me, if a deck is in blue, it's probably in line for a copy of Cyclonic Rift.
>>
>>67815466
I mean, they're all in >>67812480
>>
Friendly reminder that a clone of a legendary creature = free sac outlet
>>
>>67811791
The color pie must be like an internal running joke within WOTC.
>>
>>67811917
Of all the things, we could have gotten out of C19, the never-ending salt mine that Leadership Vacuum has caused was not what I had expected.
>>
>>67815650
At least it distracted people from suspecting that the Paradox Engine ban and Painter's Servant unban were motivated by financial greed and insider trading just as they intended it to.
>>
>>67812147
You speak the truest wisdom, Anon. When will the great Oracle return to us?
>>
>>67813307
Lands that don't tap for mana without help aren't really done anymore.
>>
>>67813358
I hate it so much
>>
>>67815676
...shit, I completely forgot that it doesn't have a normal mana ability.
That does explain it, and I revise my surprise to gratitude that they didn't do a more accurate updated version than Cabal Stronghold was, since 2x Coffers would be madness.
>>
File: rollins2.jpg (33 KB, 360x470)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>67812939
>(Yuriko, as she is only the tiger's shadow, and not the tiger itself, was disqualified)
Top fucking kek
>>
>>67815684
I actually enjoy Limited, and recognize that certain cards could seriously warp formats. I also appreciate that the shifting nature of Standard encourages them to explore new themes or push in new directions in order to keep things changing.
I just really wish they'd do sealed products intended for enfranchised players, rather than as introductory products. Randomized booster products are always balanced around drafting, so Masters sets don't really achieve this. But preconstructed decks are aimed at players new to the formats they're intended for, so it also makes sense not to just hand them a top-tier deck that they'll never have any reason to take apart or tweak.
As poorly as it was handled the first time out, I'd love more releases like Commander's Arsenal. Maybe do it like the Signature Spellbook Series, where each box contains one nonfoil of each card in the set and then one random foil, rather than everything being foil, as a means of varying the value. But it'd be the perfect place to reprint older legends and some key cards that don't really have any place outside of EDH.
>>
Any secret or meme tech with this dude?
>>
>>67812480
>>67812574
>>67812665
>>67812716
>>67812939
Today, I have observed a great battle between the perceived overabundance of bara catmen in Commander products and the absolute power of statistical truth. Thanks /edhg/, now my mind is full of fuck.

I will be compiling this discourse for future generations to observe.
>>
>>67815821
I have always liked running pic related with him.
>>
>>67810947
Thing is; when the opponent is doing this really boring drawn out combo it's like watching them play Monopoly against themselves. I just start packing up my shit because I literally don't want them to have the pleasure to execute whatever gay shit they're doing.
>>
>>67813358
I fucking hate the phrase: "limited/draft environment"
Only people that say it are absolute cringe lords.
>>
>>67815848
>tfw you only run 6 basics and somebody plays this
>>
>>67815869
Yeah, but what was described wasn't a long, drawn-out combo. Just smashing dudes into face.
>>
>>67815869
>only I get to have fun!
>>
>>67815821
Creatures with trample
>>
>>67815926
>price of progress
>back to basics
>blood moon
>wave of vitriol
>ruination
3c+ sucks sometimes
>>
>>67815926
>>67815977
I practically only build 3c, and yet I always make sure to have no fewer than 18 basics. It's just good sense.
>>
>>67816017
it's hard, especially in any sans-G deck. even my 3c decks with G end up having like 6-9 basics. hell, my mono-B has 16 basics
>>
>>67816050
>it's hard
3 Fetches
3 Shocks
3 Checks
1 Battlebond
2 Horizons
1 BFZ land
2 Scrylands
1 Command Tower
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Mana Confluence
6 BASIC
6 BASIC
6 BASIC
>>
>>67816097
but what about my utility lands?
>>
Which do you like better, the medallion or the diamond cycle?
>>
>>67810227
Could we see a list? I've been building angel decks and could use a little inspiration.
>>
File: tmp-305-ruby-medallion.jpg (211 KB, 672x936)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>67816144
Might as well run both in Mono-Colored Commander, but if I had to pick, Medallions for sure.
>>
>>67816128
Cut Scrylands and BFZ lands first, then Reflecting Pool, then Horizonlands, then Mana Confluence, then the Battlebond lands, and if you're going past that then you're getting pretty greedy.
>>
>>67816017
>plays 18 basics in a 3c deck
>btfo by color screw more often than the odd random Blood Moon etc.
>>
>>67816097
>no utility lands
>>
>>67815821
Surestrike trident
>>
>>67815977
>every member of my playgroup has at least one of these in each deck they make
>but I'm the bad guy for having Armageddon in one deck
lol
>>
>>67816370
>>67816370
>>67816370
>>
>>67816374

>>67816583
>>67816583
>>
>>67816233
shit i meant for >>67816616 to reply to you
>>
>>67815821
If you really want to take the meme route, make a fling-themed deck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.