[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1560576106660.jpg (566 KB, 1444x1235)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
Cute rattos, edition.

previous
>>67796376

>Official AoS website
ageofsigmar.com/

>Downloads; Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Resources
pastebin.com/UVKnsh7d
>AoS Novels, Battletome PDF and Audiobooks
mega.nz/#F!HNxyEQpQ!LJ_zYs69l-Z9FjJFRwkJIw

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/ repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
nofile.io/f/EbyKWbMJVbM/dark+elf+photoshop+template.psd

>thread question
Who will be next to be squatted?
>>
File: stormiess.jpg (599 KB, 950x746)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>TQ
male and non-PoC stormcast eternals
>>
There is no freedom without freedom from reality itself.

Pledge your soul to the Great Changer.
>>
why is he so unhappy?
>>
File: TK1-Elf-Heroes.jpg (417 KB, 1200x1200)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>67809616
>black Amazon army
MUH
I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
>>
File: Shar-tortheExecutione.jpg (251 KB, 718x380)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>67809580
Hashut > blimp boys and CADslayers
>>
File: 1563476844555.jpg (114 KB, 1000x807)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>67809642
because he was storm-smashed
>>
File: Age_Nagash.jpg (250 KB, 1300x919)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>67809640
Reality will do fine without freedom, thanks.
>>
>>67809662
I've tried resin. Once. Never again.
>>
>>67809642
funny how mocking stormies is all the rage even at gw
looks like helmet and even neck bit?
>>
File: Alith_Anar_Art.png (1.11 MB, 636x678)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Do you guys think The Shadow King,
Alith "shooting non-whites on sight" Anar survived the old world?
>>
>>67809768
No.
>>
>want to bring lots of new models for a agme tomorrow
>still not painted, look very messy
>friend says it's ok but I think they'll look hidious on the table
What do?
>>
>>67809791
Play the game anon. We already have enough people here whining about a game they never play as it is.
>>
I think I'm the only person in this thread actually excited for Cities of Sigmar.
>>
>>67809789
Damn.
Guess Ill have to settle on Nighthaunt and get Kurdoss "the Stormnigger Grave Digger" Valentian
>>
File: CLAN MORS.jpg (311 KB, 1950x1300)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>67809566
based OP
>>
>>67809768
Ooooooh, I’d love for him to come back as something for Hysh Aelves working in ulgu.
>>
>>67809880
I was until I realized it will be a ploy to remove most artillery and key units so that armies will have to ally stormcast units in
>>
>>67809791
Nut up and play the fucking game, then paint those damn models first chance. With the new paints even a clumsy shit like you can get decent results quickly.
>>
>>67809880
I am. I don't play any of the armies getting souped, but i'm very interested. Plus I have a few friends who play Darkling Covens and Freeguild. Also, new fluff is always good.
>>
>>67809880
cant wait to play dark elves with duardin and remake the First Council of Morrowind
>>
>>67809880
I am, but I guess as a SCE player those are mostly an additional set of allegiance abilities to me.
Really stoked for the lore though.
>>
>>67809926
>elven master race allying with dwarves
yikeos
>>
>>67809901
CoS still have access to hard-hitting troops and artillery. About the only thing Stormcast provide are powerful characters and tough multi-wound infantry bricks, and Free Peoples can happily dump down a blob of 40 Freeguild Guard buffed up to a 2+ save anyway. I don't really see why you would want, let alone need, to ally in Stormcast unless you're desperate for a beatstick Hero choice.
>>
>>67809952
there will likely be warscroll and point adjustments.
The freeguild general on griffon already went up, glade guard will be gone, etc.
>>
>>67809934
>as a SCE player
>as a faggot
Nice to meet you faggot
>>
File: Screenshot_230.jpg (84 KB, 794x469)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Hey Ratbros, local gameshop's doing an AoS tournament in Sept.
Anyone got advice on a good 1500 point list I could run?
pic related in that I'd prefer a Skryre build, but I'm open to all suggestions (expecting a lost of Pestilens)
>>
>>67809952
>powerful characters
>stormcast
Do they, though? I mean, sure, Stardrake, but the vast majority of SCE heroes is utter tosh.
>>
I've got a confession to make... I am collecting and painting AoS minis but I've only played with my army twice.
I don't know if that's weird or not
>>
>>67809971
>there will likely be warscroll and point adjustments

And? If you're implying GW is going to deliberately nerf CoS to try and promote Stormcast sales, then you're buying into some kind of absurd conspiracy theory. People who don't like Stormcast aren't going to suddenly start buying them to prop up a weak CoS Battletome; they just won't buy into the army at all. Making CoS powerful enough to stand on its own encourages people to start the army, and might lead to double-dipping into Stormcast allies further down the line.
>>
>>67809989
Ben that's some masterful insult jiu-jitsu there. I bet all the other 5th graders are fucking terrified of you
>>
>>67810026
90% of people don't play
>>
>>67810016
Fucking what. Veritant, Castellant, Azyros and Incantor are all fantastic Heroes.
>>
>>67810026
Nah, some people just like the collecting, assembly and painting part of the hobby better. Nothing weird about it.
Plus it's not like you have all that much time between work and family to do all that stuff all the time.
>>
>>67810016
>but the vast majority of SCE heroes is utter tosh

Well, compared to such powerhouses like the Black Ark Fleetmaster I mean. But even then, most Stormcast characters only buff other Stormcast, so you probably wouldn't even bother bringing them in a CoS army.
>>
File: 1565155143542.jpg (156 KB, 484x326)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>67809640
>>67809706
Yous boff stupid gits who needs a krumpin, only Gorkamorka gives you da freedom to foight
>>
>>67810026
No, that's pretty common.
>>
>>67810075
An Incantor would be worth using just for the stronger Arcane Bolts, the MW bomb and the auto-unbind (especially now that the Spellweaver is gone). Azyros buffs all ORDER units if I recall correctly.
>>
>>67810028
do you think there will be warscroll adjustments? what do you guys think is going to get stronger or weaker?

if the GHB 2019 was any indication, they think free peoples are currently pretty undertuned, but that GHB was very conservative with its points changes for the most part, nothing moving by more than 10 or 20 pts.

personally i'd like to see greatswords get a bit more staying power or damage. it would go a long way to making a melee centric freeguild army viable if they were 2 wounds a peice or their weapons were damage 2 or something. as it is, they are only slightly better than guard in melee, and when you consider how freeguild shooting is, theres little reason to take 30 greatswords over 30 crossbowmen or 30 riflemen other than style points. if its a blocky melee unit you need to hold the line or guard objectives, then freeguild guard do a better job with equal saves but reroll 1s to save and a larger max unit size for fewer pts (40 for 280 as opposed to 30 for 300)
>>
>>67810055
Castellant is good with other stormcast, but does fuck all for CoS, Veritant is a single unbind per turn and the Incantor struggles with the high cast value of his okay-ish spell.
I'll grant you though the Azyros though.
>>
>>67810121
>stronger Arcane Bolts
isn't that just lord arcanums?
>>
>>67809880
Tha fuck you mean the only one?
I can put my old WHFB dark elf army back together and maybe they’ll actually update their warscrolls so they’re not just lazily hacked together and totally garbage rules wise
>>
>>67810170
>Incantor struggles with the high cast value of his okay-ish spell.
That's okay though because Prime Electrids make even Arcane Bolt worth casting. We didn't really know how good old Arcane Bolt was until they took it away.
>>
>>67810172
>>67810170
>>67810214
Whoops, yep, disregard me. Prime Electrids is Arcanum-exclusive.
>>
>>67810121
>the stronger Arcane Bolts
The ones he doesn't get, you mean?
And the mortal wounds bomb that make it even easier to shoot his flimsy ass off the table?
And a 140pts for a single guaranteed unbind (which IS great, it must be said) as well as a middling spell is pretty iffy.
>>
File: AoS Lore.jpg (111 KB, 500x356)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>67809934
>stormie
>lore
>>
>>67810228
Which brings up another question: Why are the Lords-Arcanum such garbage? It feels like they were all designed to be as useless as possible, given their huge price tag.
>>
>>67810240
the point of taking incantors is the scroll though. it allows them to dispell some really clutch shit, namely hand of dust or curse of years type insta kill stuff. a lot of high end stormcast lists are taking 2 or 3 incantors because thats 2 or 3 garaunteed turns of stopping something like hand of dust, all the more important if they are running something big like morathi or a stardrake. you dont want to lose 500+ pts to a single spellcast
>>
>>67810260
Seeing that image posted unironically in /tg/ of all places will never stop being hilarious.
>>
>>67810291
>so you don't loose 500pts to a single spellcast you take 420pts additional one-use stuff
I will never comprehend the tournament scene. I realize that's on me, but this shit is just beyond my understanding.
>>
File: zlr5wmdmypf21.jpg (440 KB, 1400x1975)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>67809880
nah mate I'm amped, and I play destruction. Would love to make up some wild city state and model all the whackos who live there. If there's a start collecting or dual box released I'm on board.
>>
>>67810269
A huge chunk of their price is for the ability to take Sequitors as Battleline. Plus I think the on-foot Arcanum's Command Ability that lets you add movement to Endless Spells is way underrated. Some spells become way scarier if their movement gets increased.
>>
>>67810333
It's just proof that the /v/ermin invasion is not just a myth and is an actual thing. If all the /pol/baiting wasn't proof enough yet.
>>
>>67810369
the point is that sometimes that 500 pt unit has the ability to clear out 1k pts of the enemy or more if left unchecked, and taking a few hundred pts of support pieces to keep it from dieing can amplify that further.

i know stardrakes arent the hotness anymore, but when they were, a stardrake buffed by a lord castellant (i think thats the right one, the lantern save bonus guy) with a few other buffs could just tank an entire army while spewing out mortal wounds for every savings throw it made and healing when it rolled high saves. your army would just evaporate around it.

problem was, nagash could come up and cast hand of dust and just remove it instantly. the incantors keep him from being able to do that for several turns, which can be enough to turn the tide of a game
>>
>>67810381
whats with the wooden buttplugs hanging off his belt?
>>
>>67810404
If it had more range or outright let you shuffle around an endless spells out-of-phase I guess it could see some use, but as is it seems like a waste of CP that
If anything, all Lord-Arcanums should be two-cast/two-unbind casters, given their huge costs and lore status.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1283)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>67809566
Soon
>>
>>67810456
Those old soldiers are often lonely people, anon.
They're containers for the gunpowder.
>>
>>67809926
Dwarves plus Elves are kino
>>
>>67810515
>>67810269

Stormcast get content, but a lot of it is just incoherent and poorly thought out
So you get messy books
>>
>>67809880
>being excited for a lazy soup book crammed with clashing leftovers lacking in any form of cohesion
That's a hard yikes from me man.
>>
>>67809880
I am as well. Probably going to start and an army when the book drops.
>>
I gotta ask... But who's Ben and why is he hated so much on these boards?
>>
>>67810419
/v/ unironically posting that image is just as hilarious. It's watching a nerd calling another nerd a nerd for liking a different nerdy thing.
>>
>>67810761
He was a mild shit stirred that accidentally outed himself by posting the same pics of his ogres on normie book and here. His name has just become shorthand for troll/shit stirred.

Same as Carnac in 40kg.
>>
I'm making a seraphon list based on two start collecting so a lot of saurus and later a slann, is there some stormcast that can make a good allies?
>>
>>67810714
That's honestly kinda fact, yeah. Auxiliary chamber was that way, with most stuff being shit and Raptors being way strong, and Sacrosanct was the same in a way, ranging from beastly (Evocators) to garbage (most heroes) with very little room between the two ends of the spectrum.
>>
>>67810797
ahh. I see. I've been posting pictures of my models on here, on reddit and some facebook groups. I might have to stop posting them here as well to avoid any nastyness then :P
>>
Speaking of diseased rattos, if death frenzy is cast into a unit of plague monks, do they get to keep any prayer / charge buffs they might have gotten that turn in the death frenzy attacks?
>>
>>67809880
I'm pretty excited too. I'm a dispossessed player and do manage to get some performance out of them (rencently won a tourney with them in my local area) and will be relieved when a lot of constraints will be lifted with the expanded units available.

I'd probably keep playing my potato dwarf army as I just personally like the look of the army and am a painter that happens to play. Overall, I'm optimistic until the book is released and the full picture is revealed.
>>
>>67809880
I would be if they hadn't shitcanned so many good models for no reason.
>>
What's the chances CoS gets destruction mercs? Ogors and Orruks have been hired multiple times and Sigmar was bros with the brother kings of the Gargants
>>
>>67811035
I see what you mean.

But just to play devils advocate for a second. You say there is no reason. Maybe there is a reason you just dont know about? Maybe its just not cost effective for them to produce the models in question anymore. Maybe they just cant actually make them anymore due to damaged molds or something. Maybe they just didnt sell anymore and they didnt expect them to keep selling? GW is just a profit based company that happens to produce a game we play. If something isnt profitable anymore it gets axed, just like with any other company.

Who knows :P The only people that know are the people making the decisions and they aint tellin'
>>
Kinda glad there is nothing interesting going on now, I can focus on my 40k Kill Team.
I wish they hurried the fuck up a bit though.
>>
i really like chaos dwarves
>>
>>67810898
he posts on reddit too - BenV94
>>
>>67809566
cute rat
I pet
>>
>>67811337
they are dead.
>>
>>67811337
Me too! Putting together some fireglaives as we speak
>>
>>67811337
I'd have started a chaos dwarf army if only they werent forgeworld :P
>>
Id like to start a topic on the base motives for the destruction faction.

Ive been reading the books and whatnot and it seems there core values are to simply destroy civilizations and fight. Even the Gloomspite Gitz seem to have really base motivations for fighting. To them they just have to appease the bad moon by being cunning and killing everything and if they do it right then the moon is going to help them continue to destroy everything.

In fantasy the WAAGH thing was interesting enough to make me want to collect green skins. It was a kind of primal "coming together" sort of deal that gave strength to them all and they used it to gain footholds in the empire and propagate over the old world.

Chaos already has that destroy everything vibe, I don't see why the Destruction faction needs it too. I would appreciate if they added some depth as to exactly why they want to destroy civilizations instead of "just because". We have Gorkamorka and the Bad Moon (which I firmly believe is a separate entity at this point), and some other ogre god i can't name at the moment. The gods are not that interesting though and dont do much story wise at the moment. I hope GW gives motivation as to why these factions feel the need to destroy everything that represents civilization besides just being primal forces. They need to flesh out these gods and their motivations because as of right now there isn't much there.

Now I haven't read any of the novels so help me out if theres information im missing. Any recommended reading would be appreciated as well.
>>
Can someone post the supposed leak screencaps?
>>
>>67811394
no they are in the new GHB
>>
>>67811394
What army do you play
>>
>>67811552
Just look in the previous threads dingus

>>67811544
Destruction is sorely neglected in the lore, models, rules etc, i'm holding out hope that the orruck warclans book actually gives us something new
>>
>>67811598
What does it matter?
>>
>>67811664
I need another race to fill this shitty meme and as you hate chaos dwarves, what do you play
>>
>>67811573
happy holidays
>>
>>67811544
the GG tome goes into some of the weirdness/madness the bad moon causes, and the motivations of skragrott particularly. Besides a few cool passages in Fist of Gork, I agree that the bigger greenskins are pretty bland, and they've given pretty much 0 screen time to gorkamorka
>>
>>67811544
>Chaos already has that destroy everything vibe, I don't see why the Destruction faction needs it too.

Chaos ultimately wants to destroy everything, to the point of unbinding reality and reducing the Mortal Realms to nothingness. They hide this under a veneer of reason, justifying their actions as necessary in the face of Sigmar's 'tyranny' or simply seeing no reason to fight the inevitable. Destruction, by contrast, wants to destroy civilisation but leave the Mortal Realms themselves intact; they want to see everything dragged down into an endless, primordial struggle of might-makes-right, and they don't try to hide their motives in any way.

In practical terms it isn't a huge difference, but that's what sets they two apart.
>>
>>67811681
chaos
>>
>>67811544
You're forgetting that Destruction is far more random that it even out Chaos Chaos at times.

Not to mention Gork/Mork/Gorkamorka is a literal divinity dispenser. Hell, at this point, he might as well have created his own pantheon of things that became gods/demi-gods because of him.

Not to mention they live for the fight. They'll build stuff only to knock it all down not for reasons that Chaos has (Self propagation) but rather for fun. Chaos ultimately wants to keep itself alive and corrupt stuff to gain more power.

Destruction is here for a good time and is more then willing to work with others to ensure that.

In RPG terms, Chaos is an asshole player who wants to be edgy, have everything centered on himself, and justify his actions typically in CN-stupid logic or that he HAD to do it for a greater good or reason.

Destruction is a murder hobo who wants to keep killing, get better gear, party, and repeat. He needs no justification other then power and fun, and in some cases, fun for others as well. Like the Fist of Gork said, the Ironjaws are more then happy to work together and smash Chaos, it's just that Sigmar won't lend his forces to come out and play as brothers.
>>
File: fuk u.jpg (177 KB, 480x392)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>67811723
>>
>>67811915
Yeah, and I'm super glad they errata'd in the Skullcracker after forgetting it, that was my last purchase for the army. The addition of allies was nice too
>>
>>67811915
GHB is a dumb supplement for those on the way out
>>
>>67811966
>on the way out
brets have been on the way out for 15 years now yet still trucking on in the GHB
>>
File: boomers.jpg (483 KB, 2048x1536)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
You guys do play with your university professors don't you?
>>
>>67810865
rangers that are lame scouts
mages who can't magic
etc
>>
>>67812021
I finished university already.
I'm a happy minimum wage slave now.
>>
>>67809642
so is this ogors, guys?
>>
>>67812086
Could be literally anything from a stormcast medic to a objective marker made of broken armor and everything in between.

sometimes those rumor engine pictures are infuriating in that they never actually tell anyone anything.
>>
>>67811966
all armies in the game on the way out everybody, you heard it here first
>>
>>67812112
that'd be bastardly for it to be a stormpothecary
>>
>>67810898
Nah it'll be fine. I've been doing the same here for years without issue
Just don't shitstir in the posts you do the images in. People will still recognise you but if you're not being a dick they won't bother saying anything.
>>
>>67811798
>>67811693

I think the problem here is that their goals are way too similar with the only difference being that chaos wants to unmake everything, destruction simply wants to tear it down for the fight.

With the new Orruk and hopefully a new Ogre tome we can see some destruction characters take centre stage to further differentiate themselves from Chaos.

Personally I would like Destruction to take on a more tribal / protector vibe. They see themselves as creatures of the realms and the more civilized races damage the realms themselves by living and building their cities. Maybe magic actually hurts the stability of the realms and they fight against races that have a lot of magic users? I was also thinking about the realm of heavens and maybe they hate sigmar for taming the realm so to speak and want it returned to a more natural state which would give them the power back that they once had before the age of chaos.

Frankly just fucking anything besides what we have now, im done with the sigmar centric storyline at this point. At least Nagash keeps it interesting.
>>
So, what's the lore reason for high elves and wood elves being squatted you think?
>>
>>67811066
In the book itself? Little.

But they'll still have access to the forbidden power ones.

Would be cool though. Just have the Bull, Irongut and Leadbelcher warscrolls included but not as battleline.
>>
File: 1565742116127.jpg (359 KB, 1410x801)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>67809566
Alleged leaks from /40kg/.
>>
>>67810898

Yeah thats an issue im having now. The problem with these threads is that there is a lot of casual racism that pops up, I dont want to be associated with that shit and I dont want people thinking im a big 4chan guy simply because i browse TG occasionally. It sucks because i would love to post in these threads but I do a fair amount of conversion and base work on my models these days and they are really distinct and eventually I want to post them to the official GW page, and idk if i will be able to do that if I post them here.
>>
>>67812382
same dumb shit we already saw
>>
>>67812331
The problem with that is you start veering into "noble savage" territory, while Orc and Ogre fluff in Warhammer has traditionally cleaved very close to the simple "savage" aspect. It might actually be quite in-keeping with AoS's more high fantasy tones, but it would cause a lot of upset among long-term Destruction (or what eventually became Destruction) players.
>>
>>67812382
Stop reposting this shit. Nobody's going to fall for bait this bad.

>>67812343
Wanderers weren't squatted; they still have nomadic elves with bows, and I don't think the term "Glade Guard" was ever mentioned in-universe. They'd just need to add some throwaway line about how their archers are traditionally women for some cultural reason or another.

The mass-squatting of ex-High Elf units, especially given Swifthawk agents have appeared in the fluff and been mentioned by name, is a lot trickier. I suspect they'll just be thrown down the memory hole; GW will never bring them up again and expect everyone to just forget they were a thing.
>>
>>67812382
>Alleged leaks from /40kg/.
they are from our thread you dumb shit.
>>
>>
>>67811544
Individual factions do have a reason to fight what they do. The Bonesplitterz for example fight primarely great creatures because they believe Gorkamorka's spirit is in these creatures and by beating, eating and making weapons out of them they can absorb some of that power.
>>
>>67811097
I'd wager the main reason is redundancy and killing finecast.

You don't need 4 versions of dude-with-bow. Just cull it down to one type with tge expectation that that's what people will use their old minis as in the future.

Ok so glad hard are gone, it they were basically the same.as shadowwarriors so just use that warscroll for them in the future if you want to stick to Cos warscrolls only.
>>
>>67812391

what about ignoble savage? maybe make the civilizations give off prejudiced vibes towards the green skins for whatever reason and go from there? I would just rather them being anything but the primal force of nature they are described as today. Im building up my GSG force and im finding it hard to find motivation for why they would do anything besides "the bad moon". I like having my forces slightly connected to bigger entities for campaign / lore reasons, motivation is important, fuck i even use that in determining the basing.
>>
>>67809884
based
>>
>>67812469
>Im building up my GSG force and im finding it hard to find motivation for why they would do anything besides "the bad moon".

I always imagined Goblins being primarily motivated by jealousy and spite. They're smarter than Orcs, smart enough to assemble the crude vestiges of technology and civilisation, but too base and cruel to properly form a coherent society. So they end up lashing out at the lands of Men, Elves etc, driven by the idea they can somehow steal what these more successful races have, or at least drag them all down into the same squalor. You could maybe do something with that, I dunno.
>>
>>67811544
It's pretty much what you'd expect, but have some eloquent orruk theology on their reason for fighting:
>‘Is Gorkamorka lost, then?’
>Gordrakk threw back his head and howled with laughter. ‘Gorkamorka isn’t lost. Gorkamorka is everywhere,’ Gordrakk rumbled. ‘He’s in the wind and the rocks and the howling of the beasts. Gorkamorka is in us and beside us and around us.’
>‘So he’s here now? Can he hear us?’ Zephacleas looked around.
>‘Maybe, if he’s listening,’ Gordrakk said, with a shrug. ‘Maybe one of him hears, and not the other. Maybe both. Maybe neither.’ He grinned at Zephacleas. ‘Maybe he doesn’t like what he hears and tells me to bash you in the noggin, hammer-boss.’
>‘The Hammer God misses his friend. He misses his brother. He misses fighting beside Gorkamorka and wishes to do so again, in the coming war,’ Zephacleas said. ‘He wishes that his warriors, and those of his brother, could march side-by-side, as we do now, to fight the Old Enemy.’
>‘Gorkamorka has been fighting them, hammer-boss,’ Gordrakk rumbled. ‘He’s been fighting them forever. But where is the Hammer God? Why has he not been fighting alongside Gorkamorka?’
>‘The Hammer God thought Gorkamorka didn’t want to fight beside him any more,’ Zephacleas said. ‘The Hammer God thought Gorkamorka had become his enemy.’
>Gordrakk laughed. ‘Yeah? So?’ He snorted and tapped the side of his head. ‘Hammer God never understood Gorkamorka, never saw. Gorkamorka wants to fight forever, but the Hammer God doesn’t. Hammer God wants to build walls and towers and castles... But what’s the point of that if you never knock them over?’ He snorted. ‘Even the Chaos-things don’t understand. They think the point is to kill everyone, but then who’d be there to fight? Nobody understands but Ironjawz, because we’re the smartest and the toughest.’
>>
>>67812425
Wanderers and high elves got mutted to death by humans.
>>
>>67812517
This is one of the reasons that got me to start collecting Ironjawz.
>>
>>67812504
I’m so shit at painting, I want to blend the colours like that on my nighthaunt but I’m too shit.
>>
>>67812517

This actually clears things up a lot, thanks for taking the time to copy that all out anon. Gives reasons as to why they fight against order and chaos.

What im getting here is that GorkaMorka is a primal force of nature that represents a sort of Ying yang to chaos? They want things to exist and life to thrive so they can continue living the best way they see fit, which is to fight and conquer. Also im seeing now why they destroy cities, having unchangeable things in the realms must go against the very essence of gorkamokra.

I hope we get some good Gorkamorka lore soon.
>>
Can I get a rundown on mortal khorne heroes besides the priest and the banner?
>>
>>67812516

I thought about the jealousy thing, in fantasy that does seem to be their main motivation in their fight against the dwarves but it doesn't seem to be as big an issue in the recent tome. At this point the tome seemed to strongly hint that the badmoon had some sort of plan totally separate from everything else and i was kinda excited to see what exactly that was in the coming lore bits.
>>
>>67812693
Less living the way they see fit and more by being driven totally by emotion and instinct.

Destruction isn’t a very intelligent or philosophical faction. They eat when they’re hungry, sleep when they’re tired and fight when they’re bored and want to carry on what they enjoy doing forever. They understand on a base level that makes them truely free and reject the laws and restraints of order factions while also rejecting the all consuming threat of chaos.
>>
>>67811424
Nice RECASTS fucking pleb
>>
>>67812712
Maybe bring a deathbringer for extra attack CP. Or not.
The only ones that matter are banner boi and like 3 priests. Then bloodthirsters.
MAYBE a lord on juggernaut if you are running brass stampede
>>
>>67812693
You are looking way too deep into it.
They want to keep fighting.
They know civilizing everything leads to no fighting.
The know killing everything leads to no fighting.
They know what they want, and what stops them from getting it. And they act directly. No fucking around.
I liked how they toned down the normal 'orks must act like retarded comic relief' part of GW canon. The stupidest orruks have all been slaughtered off by the time they get big enough to be brutes.
>>
File: file.png (173 KB, 250x320)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
if seraphon get squatted I fucking quit
>I want to play dwarves
>get soft squatted
>I really like the lizard models
>SQUATTED
fuck me is there anything gayer than games workshop
>>
>>67812756
we need a frickin epub of that GSG BL book already

I think you hit a point there that's an overarching issue with AoS, a lot of the factions have lost their motivation and the motivations factions actually have suck. All of the death factions = slaves of Nagash, no ifs or buts fuck you Nagash is your god now, NH? Nagash's bitch. FEC? Nagash's bitch. LoN?? Trick question, Nagash is already his own bitch.
Destruction is literally just destroy cause you're related to Gorkamorkas left nutsack somehow, gobbos destroy, orks destroy, ogres exist.
Order actually has some varied motivations, KO want money despite living in the land of unlimited precious metals and jewels, FS want money to revive their god, DoK want to suckle mommy Morathi, IDK need more souls, Sylvaneth want flora paradise, Seraphon exist(?) and the rest are SIGMAR SIGMAR SIGMAR THIS WEEK ONLY AT THE JOHN GRYPHHOUND FARMING CHARIOT ARENA SIGMARRRRR.
I get the grand alliances but apart from Order none of them have any conflicting motivations beyond "I must kill you for my god" and "I must kill you for existing"
>>
File: 1517011320135.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>lost all motivation to paint
>don't feel like assembling any more models till I get the last few I have painted
>haven't read any AoS books in months
>barely even post here anymore

I'm in a slump and don't know how to get out.
>>
File: ElvesABest.png (31 KB, 228x301)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>67813459
Get dicked, scalies.
>>
>>67813459
>is there anything gayer than games workshop
Yes, buying minis from a dead game.
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 584x251)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>67813524
>>
>>67813459
They won't, they have a battletome unlike every other squatted faction and have survived in popularity since WHFB

>>67813524
Get fucked, ratfag
>>
>>67813498
Put on a nice video or podcast, or movie you like, force yourself to get up and quit shitposting. Fuck I wish I had free time to paint.
>>
File: file.png (1.01 MB, 1128x1280)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>67813562
>>
File: Stupid.gif (25 KB, 267x200)
25 KB
25 KB GIF
>>67813562
>post elf
>get called ratfag

In all seriousness, I hope Seraphon don't get squatted. I do approve of their models, and I think the Order Demon concept is neat, although I think GW fucked up by eliminating the Your Dudes aspect of them.
>>
>>67813613
Yeah, maybe I'll just fuck around cleaning the flash off the big model I'm working on while listening to a podcast. Even a little hobby time is better than nothing.
>>
>>67813628
>>67813631
The Ratfag is immunized against all dangers: one may call him an elffag, grog, stormie, zoomer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Ratfag and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
>>
File: DG5.png (2.21 MB, 1227x755)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
Would a Maggotkin, and Daemons of Nurgle SC box each. give me a playable Nurgle army in AoS?
>>
>>67813664
>Paints delivered beginning of last week
>Grots delivered 2 weeks before
>No primer until Friday
I am DYING

>>67813631
How is the yourdudes messed up for seraphon? As far as I know they're still being spawned in pools, just now in space
>>
>>67813696
Unfortunately Nurglings are trash and Plaguebearers are only good in units of 30. Blightkings are great though and Pusgoyle Blightlords are very durable.
>>
File: seq.jpg (11 KB, 109x174)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>67813459
if White Stormcast get squatted I fucking quit
>I want to play White feeguild
>get soft squatted
>I really like white stormcast
>SQUATTED
fuck me is there anything gayer than games workshop
>>
>>67813706
IIRC, most Seraphon are effectively non-corporeal and lack any kind of individuality because they're all manifested by the memories of the Slann.

Normally, you can expand from this by saying your Seraphon have gained self-awareness over time, but it seems like a lot of people interpret it as being that they're incapable of any kind of character.
>>
>>67812382
>eldar, orkz, and tau get nothing until the end of the next year

yea I kinda believe it. The next year belongs to Primaris, Sisters, Knights, and maybe WE and Emperor's Children in the latter third.
>>
>>67813838
Oh no it's not like that anymore, lizards are real and spawned in their starships, the slann can manifest memories to bulk out their forces but the majority are back to being real

>>67813897
>Eldar, Orks and tau getting the shaft by GW in favour of more SM wanking
Literally the safest bet to make any year all year
>>
>>67813897
More
fucking
MARIIIIIIIINES
Good lord almost makes you appreciate stormcast
>>
>>67813930
>Oh no it's not like that anymore, lizards are real and spawned in their starships, the slann can manifest memories to bulk out their forces but the majority are back to being real
Thanks for telling me. I redact my earlier statement, then.
>>
>>67813524
>says the elffag
enjoy being human cocksleeves, knife-ear
>>
>>67813498
You just have to make hobby work a routine.
Also stop being a little bitch
>>
>>67813696
Buy 2 maggot kin instead.
Convert one of the heros into the other foot hero.
Make one blightlords a hero one.
Then buy another maggotkin, a GUO, and the harbringer of decay
>>
>>67813963
but stormcast are marines
>>
File: 1565589112190.jpg (96 KB, 532x744)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>67814031
Damn straight I will.
>>
File: Warhammer_Alith_Anar.png (1.01 MB, 507x764)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
I think Alith "Don't care how, race war now" Anar will come back in AoS. I hope they keep his old backstory on how he got his nicknames, like Alith "Lynching a bunch before lunch" Anar
AKA Alith "All dwarven refugees must hang from trees" Anar
AKA Alith "Start the minority genocide, leave none alive" Anar
>>
>>67814272
He's dead, now fuck off
>>
>>67814272
From Nighthaunt to Goblins to Elves.
What's next? Will you ever get tired of this?
>>
>>67814272
He's dead and his race got bred with humans while worshipping human gods and only druchads still survive.
Get dunked on.
>>
>>67814272

Honestly I would feel the AoS story would really benefit from racial tensions. The fantasy game had great rivalries between the dwarves and the elves, would be nice if something happened in the progression of sigmar that mirrored that.
>>
File: 36-21.jpg (104 KB, 215x300)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>67814272
>>67809768
REMINDER:
They couldn't have Alith "Breaking the spine of everyone in the welfare line" Anar look like his true aryan self in TW:Warhammer, so they made him a black haired mutt instead of his canon look.
>>
>>67814307
Deepkin and DoK have some of that. I hope Deepkin do get a bit more fleshed out with Court of the Blind King. I'll probably instabuy it once it's released.
>>
>>67814333
>forced
Just like this meme.
>>
>>67814272
> tfw I still use his mini and I fluff him as still being an angry racist ghost who continues his crusade in AoS
> Some of the newer players wonder why the Dark Elf/Darkling Coven/DoK player constantly focus fires on this asshole instead of the rest of my army

I fucking love when the zoomers ask for background, and me and my buds start talking like longbeards about how back in our day, and start grumbling about how beardlings need to be tougher.

Of course, they still ask us for help about making terrain or how to convert stuff, which we happily do, along with shit talking them.
>>
>>67814307
>latest development of the story is Sigmar turned a gift from Teclis from a tool for enlightenment into a weapon
>with the help of Grungni, who was apparently all "OH BOY I GET TO FUCK WITH THE ELVES"
It's starting
>>
>>67814296
Alith is older than nighthaunt and he was a racist since like 7th edition
>>
>>67814296
>Those of his foes who were not killed in battle were crucified upon trees, where those who passed could witness their grisly fate, and as he attacked and burned each enemy encampment, his fame grew.

Zoomer read some lore. He LITERALLY strung people up on crosses
>>
> Starting a Stormcast army
> Bought the Thunderstrike Brotherhood box (the SCE half of the very first AOS starter set)
> Should be arriving tomorrow

Did I fuck up? Everyone says that the new Vanguard guys are way better than the old Liberators/Judicators/Prosecutors and that I should have just bought Soul Wars.

I mainly just like throwing dice and pushing models around, so I'm not too concerned with min/maxing or being hypercompetitive, but I don't want to throw my money away either. What would the next step after this be to developing them into a full army?*

What say you, /tg/?
*Don't worry, I'm not going to paint any of them up as blacks
>>
>>67814370
>>67814398
Oh right this is totally some oldfag posting about him and not the /pol/ shitposter who learned about him a few weeks ago
I believe you, totally
>>
>>67814272
I know of the lynching, but wasnt it for DE? Also not really that surprising about him hating dwarf.

But the rest like race war and minority genocide I dont get. Did he have significantly worse view on dwarf and human compare to other elves? Can you provide some example?
>>
>>67814432
He hates dark elves. Dark (negro) elves are the niggers of the elven race.
>>
Are Lord Arcanums really so bad? I was thinking of running Aventis to pair with a Lord Ordinator for my three Celestar Ballistas.
>>
>>67813498

Recommendations

>base all your minis, seeing them based helps visualize the end product making it easier to start.
> Go one step further and apply all the basic coats, you will want to finish the edges and highlights after seeing a model

> read a novel related to your dudes
>this helps because the visualization of colors and concepts you read about might inspire you to paint or convert.

>dedicate an hour to painting
>setting specific time aside can help some people with motivation

> create a diorama for your dudes
>that’s a pretty crazy step but if you have a place for your dudes to inhabit, might help with painting them.

Hope this helps anon, other responses to your post are pretty dickish, we gotta help eachother out.
>>
>>67814447
Okkaaaayyyyyyyyy? But so did Tyrion, so I feel like there is something still missing here, either on me or on the joke.
>>
>>67814459
>>67814403
all stormies have aids
>>
>>67814350
BASED boomer passing along the old knowledge
>>
>>67813033
yeah of course man, whole army for $125 on a ccon sale, you'd have to be fucking stupid to pay FW prices
>>
>>67814432
Alith Anar is basically a 1 man genocide. He became legend because he is older than other high elves and GW left most of his lore unexplained because his age and abilites are beyond elves. He was like a wraith with some sort of magic to achieve the feats he did, appearing wherever he wanted and killing the amount that he did.
The racist memes are because he hated and was very brutal to dark elves (the elven minority), as he would hang them on cliffs for years to warn others.
Its for laffs mate
>>
>>67814350
And then everyone clapped
>>
>>67813498
Is that a female? Looks like a tranny? Why aren't females allowed to look like females anymore.
>>
File: warriors.jpg (380 KB, 680x892)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>67814619
because its current year
>>
>>67814619
Everything's a tranny to you.
>>
>>67814619
wytches are pale and gothy
>>
>>67814715
Except in AoS, where they are black.
>>
File: el.jpg (371 KB, 923x867)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>67814747
>Go though any WHFB elf army book
>0 non-white models
>0 non-whites in the art
>will never go back
feelsbadman
>>
File: 1523871202776.png (519 KB, 726x643)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>67814465
>Read a novel related to your dudes
Ah, yes, that one mediocre skaven novel. That will motivate me to paint them.
>>
>>67814865
Huh, a Vermintide meme. Really wish the gang got transition to AoS.
>>
>>67814865

well it its Skaven i would specifically recommend playing Vermintide.

Also fantasy does have some pretty decent books if you want to delve back into the world that was.
>>
File: 1561396408259.jpg (70 KB, 600x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>67809737
I assembled and painted an entire chaos dwarf army that I got from chinaman. Get on my level nerd
>>
>>67809884
You mean the second fiddle of the hill guy? The guy whose a pro at never being a proper king?
>>
File: Vermintide.jpg (368 KB, 1918x805)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>67814932

Fatshark made some conversions gfor one of the Vermintide 2 promo videos, but I'd pay for an actual Vermintide player characters box set.

If they were their own unit in AOS that would be pretty great. Extra hilarious if they had some sort of benefits against Skaven armies.
>>
>>67814691
Anon only sees what he desires most.
>>
>>67814403

I dont own stormcast but i think your essentially correct there. However the soulstorm infantry are specifically anti ghost so if your buying soul storm keep that in mind. Your post deserves more attention though so i hope a decent stormcast player can answer it for you.
>>
File: 1555601562924.png (127 KB, 600x600)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>67814932
>tfw no expansion where the gang gets sucked into the Realm of Chaos
>fight their way out into the Mortal Realms
>now have to deal with Skaven that dig through time and space to get at them

You can't tell me that wouldn't be the tightest shit.
>>
>>67815002
Agreed.
>>
File: Kerillian2.png (674 KB, 606x863)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>67814932
Call me a fag, but I've been wanting to stick Kerillian somewhere, since she's my main. Possibly my Arch-Revenant, or maybe just the leader of a Wyldwood Rangers or Sisters of the Watch squad.
>>
>>67815033
>Some sort of warp hijinks gets them sucked right into the midst of a Skaven invasion in some Order City or another
>They don't even realize they're not in the Old World until they run into a Stormcast and think he's just a shiny Warrior of Chaos
>>
>>67815002

Straight up AoS version wouldn't be bad

>Freeguild Human
>Arcane Mage
>FyreSlayer
>Stormcast
>Sister of the Watch

Actually, it might be. Was hard typing that out.
>>
>>67815095
>Stormcast
Do a Witch Elf instead
That would be some funny interactions
>>
File: 1523807126719.png (1.17 MB, 943x1045)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>67814936
VT is fun but if anything it kills it even harder because all of the skaven stuff is kind of outdated and eh looking. Thinking of getting some fat fucks to paint instead. They might break up the monotony of skaven
god i wish skaven minis were updated
>>
>AoS Vermintide
>instead of Skaven it's Gloomspite
>it's all about escaping a city under attack
>later in the game the Bad Moon hangs over the city
>shit goes crazy real fast
FUND IT
>>
Well guys, my grandma just die. I felt like I should tell you since you're the only people outside my family I interact in daily basis so that's that. Good night, paint your minis, don't be a fag and tell the people you love how much they matter to you before you can't.
>>
I hear a rumor that seraphon are getting discontinued, if this is true they will lose me as a player
>>
>>67815203
Sorry to hear that man. Family death is always hard as hell to deal with. Hope you make time to paint or assemble, as it helped me deal with grief even if just for escapism for an hour a day.

>tell the people you love how much they matter to you before you can't.
Always do this, but people tend to get complacent and forget. Must be nice to live in Shyish where you can just talk to the spirits of your loved ones any time
>>
>>67815203

well man just be glad you were close enough to your Grandma to be sad she died. Hope she left some money so you can continue the hobby.
>>
>>67815159

Fuck man if they updated any classic infantry model i would be elated. A lot of them are really starting to show age, its getting embarrassing.
>>
>>67815203

Shit sucks right now, but you''ll get through it.

Sleep tight anon.
>>
>>67815190
Cool idea. Specially the change from rats to Gobs. Which would be the playable characters?
>>
>>67814932
They did, obviously.

They're Stormcast Eternals now.
>>
>>67814403
WAAC wise, yes, not the best start.
Value though, fantastic.

Ten Liberators to check off 2 battleline, Lord Relictor is good, Vandus/LCoD is a cool model and okay, convert 2 things or find two cheap models and you've got a Paladin squad. And a Prosecutor squad on top.
>>
>>67815190
>now have to deal with grots, spiders, squigs, and troggoths
>when da Bad Moon comes out maps are covered in shrooms and the enemes get much more aggressive
>citizens driven mad by moon magic and turned into shroom zombies

Yeah that'd be some freaky shit.
>>
>>67815203
She didn’t die, she just became one of the Stormcast. Now start making that kitbash and get out there with friends and make grandma kick some ass!
>>
>>67815345
Hm...
>Warpriest
>Kharadron Arkanaut
>Witch Elf
>Freeguild Guard
>??? (Maybe a Fyreslayer or Dryad)
>>
>>67815425
Oh wait it could be a mage
>>
>>67815368

I've got a handful of other Stormcast stuff that I've picked up on the side from starters or random one offs or Underworlds warbands and whatnot, so I have a very small headstart. I just figured that would be an easy way to get something playable.

I just finished painting my first Stormcast a few minutes ago actually.
>>
>>67815203
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>67815425
You forgot the Stormcast anon, you forgot they would be the only characters in the game too because you everything that is not one of the.
>>
File: 1563390423024.jpg (179 KB, 925x523)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
How do we fix Khorne?
>>
>>67815623
What do you think needs fixing?
>>
>>67815623

What's wrong with BoK?

I play them and I have a blast every game. I usually lose, but that's because I'm not a very good player.
>>
>>67815657
>>67815664
mortal are too slow
demons die too fast
bloodthirsters are an expensive gamble at best
you cant really mix both due to the arbetrary split between mortal and demon buff.
>>
>>67815731

I'll give you the bit about mortals, Bloodreavers being 1w/1a models is pretty terrible. Being a horde CC army and being on 32mm bases is also pretty terrible.

I get that the whole point of them is to buff the shit out of them with supporting units, but still.
>>
>>67815623
by nerfing slaanesh out of the meta
>>
I don't have the heart to tell this dude.
>>
>>67815771
I've seen people purposefully use femcast for male characters simply because the proportions aren't as retarded
>>
>>67815771
>male head on a female body

I'm fucking dying
>>
>>67813498
Talk to some friends, get together for a hobby day, where you all focus on painting, assembling, playing, etc. me and my friends do that from time to time in order to help get rid of your backlogs
>>
>>67815771

What is that, the new Sisters of Battle release?
>>
>>67813787
>Unfortunately Nurglings are trash
Not in my opinion, last game I played I had a group of 9 Nurglings that held off Skullcrushers for 4 turns
>>
File: Joe%20swanson.png (361 KB, 1024x771)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>67815771
>>
File: Warhammer_Bloodletter.png (232 KB, 300x425)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>67815808
skullcruahers are.shit tho. outside of their mw on charge they wont do much.
>>
>>67815808
9 Nurglings cost 300 points. How many Skullcrushers were they up against?
>>
>>67815771
>those heels
Sigmar, preserve us.
>>
>>67815793
>man face
>new sob

I like your style
>>
>>67815771
The absolute state of Stormies.
>>
File: 56457568.png (740 KB, 768x768)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>bought 10 boxes of stormcast
>took the girls out of each one to make an all-girl squad
>going to do this for the whole army
It's expensive lads. I'm also somewhat limited in what heroes and leaders and such I can take.
>>
File: 1563631954474.png (125 KB, 341x344)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>67815982
Why?
>>
File: LOL Point.gif (1.76 MB, 400x206)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>67815787
Yea, they're called "trannies".
>>
>>67816048

Because he is sticking it to GW, making a statement that he hates women and minorities, and gaining mad rep with his /pol/ bros.

Buying 10 boxes of stormcast will sure show GW not to make any more gender mixed kits anon!
>>
>>67815982
>I'm also somewhat limited in what heroes and leaders and such I can take.
In what way? Just convert equivilants from the female bodies.
>>
>>67815855
They were facing 9 of them
>>
>>67816414
>the blood god's elite warriors struggle against the plague god's smallest minions
Truly pathetic.
>>
>>67815569
>because you everything that is not one of the

What?
>>
>>67812504
Thought this was about the bases.
>>
>>67815771
If he had carved the face out and left just the hood it would look so much better.
>>
Do you think any squatted model will get an update when CoS release? I hope maybe the Witch Hunter will get one.
>>
>>67813459
Got bad news for you, friendo
You've got about another 3 - 4 years of being a non spotlight faction while you slowly and silently get squatted.

Source: Work in the story department of games workshop
>>
>>67815095
>Stormcast

No
>>
>>67815345
Grot Fanatic.
>>
>>67816555
They are kill. CoS will already have more units than several other armies combined, and if they were getting new units, GW would have announced that with the tome. Before anyone gives any shit about a lack of heroes/units for "their faction", "your faction" is dead. You're supposed to use ones from other races.
>>
>>67816556
you change ADB's diapers there or something?
>>
>>67816555
Nah I doubt it. I expect its going to be a books only release.

You can still just use it with the old warscrolls though.
>>
>>67816556
>Source: Work in the story department of games workshop
What's the tithe of bones?
>>
Did some bans expire recently or what? These threads usually are pretty shit, but over the last few days it seems they are 90% shitposting. And not just shitposting but literally the same 5 posts over and over again.
>>
>>67815425
>Kharadron Arkanaut

no do irondrake instead.
But less armored.
>>
Post your fluff for your dudes/army
>>
>>67816721
They live in the Rotbark Wetlands of Ghur and ain't had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days!
>>
Sell me on the Deepkin, fellas.

What do you find enjoyable about them?
>>
>>67809791
Disappoint him by bringing only what's completed.
>>
how do you guys wash white?
>>
So... Chaos is doing whatever it wants on ots own while anti-Chaos guys fight within themselves right now?
>>
>>67816721
>THE RAMHORNS OF RAVENAK
A tribe of ogres led by a tyrant named Kretticus Khan. The worship (you're never gonna believe this) Ravenak rather than Gorkamorka, tracing their pantheistic beliefs back to the first ogre butcher that learned how to summon Ravenak's aspect (the endless spell).
They view each god as an animal, with Ravenak being a large, angry, meat-eating ram.
They're largely peaceful, for an army of ogres, and mainly trade with other powers, they only consume other civilizations when necessary (either for food, or when Khan thinks their numbers need a little culling).
They got their monsters from a BCR army they came into conflict with, taking them after killing the original ogre riders. Kretticus fashioned his maul from the shaft of the frostlord he killed.
He likes to think he's a smart lad and collects lots of books, even if he can't actually read.
>>
>>67816658
ya mums sloppy cunt

Nah its new army but ya'll knew that anyway
>>
>>67816812
You don't. Check out the Citadel Colour website or app.
>>
>>67816776
Shaerks
>>
>>67816739
Your dudes are more than welcome to stay at the Ghurmyre keep and be showered by the gifts of the Great Toad.
>>
>>67816935
>Great Toad
Plaguefather Pepe?
>>
>>67816956
Nah just the way they refer Nurgle. Here’s an excerpt from my lore document on how they worship Nurgle:

The inhabitants of the Rotbark Wetlands worship a more “feral” form of Nurgle as they often refer to him as The Primordial Father, or the Great Toad, because they see Nurgle as a ruthless, putrid beast in the shape of a great plague toad. It’s only natural that inhabitants from Ghur to see their patron in a more beastial form. The Rotbark Levy incorporates the cycle of life and death as to how a toad matures from tadpole to toad, before it dies and crawling out its bloated body are many new tadpoles that repeat the cycle, with Nurgle being the only one not to die, being the constant driving force behind the cycle instead. The sacrifices and gifts to Nurgle offered by the Rotbark Levy also represents that in that they leave offerings and gifts to him at great shrines and giant Gnarlmaws
>>
>>67809737
What's wrong with it? The only problem I've had is using too much super glue, causing it to ice.
>>
>>67809952
The comet
>>
Will I get in trouble if I replace the creepy man head on the Necromancer with a skeleton skull?
>>
>>67814459
Yes, they're really that bad. They cost a ton, can only cast once, have no cast bonuses, their abilities are quite mediocre and their spells and command abilities are either one or both pointless.
>>
>>67817094
Nah, it would just give him character, kinda like how I added an apron, bits of meat, etc on my lord of blights in order to make him into the chef of my army. What I am trying to say is that conversations are fun and should be encouraged to make your dudes more unique
>>
>>67814534
ccon sale?
>>
File: Bitchin.jpg (130 KB, 567x764)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
So in the Order tome it says a freeguild general can take a One handed/Two handed weapon/pistol/shield/banner. Is a shield/banner or a shield/pistol combo possible?
>>
>>67814459
Almost 400pts for +1 to hit. It depends on your list. Big ranged blobs probably benefit, little else.
>>
>>67816812

With a very, very thinned down blue. Like, one part guilliman blue glaze and four or five parts lahmian medium.

Or you just don't, since you're not supposed to paint white anyway, you're supposed to paint light gray and work up to white.
>>
>>67817248
Yeah, I meant layer Ulthuan and highlight Scar.
Wash blue? I got a couple blue paints and lahmian medium to try
>>
>>67817094
Yes, the GW secret police will come by your house, crush your miniatures and break your wrists with a crowbar.
>>
File: dankhold-troggoth-B.jpg (301 KB, 1345x1600)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
An army of 3 gargants and a bonegrinder with a troggboss and a ton of rockguts would that be any good?
>>
>>67817300

You could always give it a shot, anon. Part of miniature painting is figuring out your own recipes. You can always practice on painted sprue pieces or old throwaway minis to make sure you're not ruining a nice model though.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think that regular blue paint thinned to hell and back would work well. Blue obviously gives the white a colder look, so you might need to use a different color (maybe super washed down seraphim sepia or something) depending on what you're going for. Just remember to use lahmian medium and not water to make your wash, or else the consistency will be fucked (Lahmian Medium is just GW paint with no color pigments, so it blends better with paint than water does).

What model is it, anyway?
>>
>>67817184
You get two handed, lance with shield, lance with pistol, one handed with shield or one handed with pistol and any of them can take a banner on top of whatever they have.

That is to say, they can do that for the next three or four weeks. Then they get reduced to the guy with just a flamberge.
>>
>>67817344
I was thinking of painting some white fur
>>
>>67817337
Kick the Giants for River Trolls and it's a really good list.
>>
>>67816776
laughing at their models.
>>
>>67817387
>>
>>67817373

I'd use a super thinned down celestra gray then, or maybe a light brown. Honestly though there are probably a million "how to paint fur" tutorials on youtube if you want to see how other people do it..

What model?
>>
>>67817184
What does the warscroll say? No to the pistol/shield, yes to the banner/shield?
See, that was easy.
>>
>>67817337
Giants are all garbage, but trolls of all shapes are pretty good.
>>
>>67817405
Stormcast with fur.
>>
>Dispossessed battalion will be unplayable outside of GA: Order, if at all
>Dispossessed probably won't get a single battalion in CoS
Soup was a mistake.
>>
>>67817448
Oh the Bonebreaker is nice enough. It's one of the few warscrolls that FW didn't completely drop the ball on.
>>
File: SmugSnek.jpg (60 KB, 433x414)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>67817487
>wanting Battalions
>ever
>>
>>67817493
He's got a good damage output, but he's going to headbutt cannonballs from the word go, which he's not equipped to deal with.
>>
>>67816721
A cadet branch from the Tempest Lords break out and form Eyewall in Chamon, guarding a realmgate that lead to Tempest's Eye.
>>
File: That is just sad.png (39 KB, 148x136)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>67817370
Goddamnit GW, why won't you let me convert!
>>
>>67817344
Thanks btw
>>
>>67817502

What's wrong with Battallions?
>>
>>67817502
>He wants his army to use a single artefact
Hobbylet, also you don't play the game if you don't understand the important of a low drop army.
>>
>>67817596
>>67817608
I understand that most Battalions aren't worth fielding ever. Take the Nurgle Battalions. They've got really really good effects, but they're 220 points. That's more than ten percent of your army at 2000 points. Just making it worth fielding means using at least thirty Blightkings, which means you won't have enough space to put anything fast into your army, which defeats the purpose of the Battalion.
The only good Battalions are either ones with no dead weight (extremely rare) or ones that are very small and easy to fill (only available to certain armies, particularly the new ones).
That's why you see so many Councils of Blood and Thricefold Befoulements. They're really powerful rules and made up of only really powerful models.
>>
>>67812693
Hmm, kinda? Gorkamorka wants to fight forever, and so do those that follow him. It's not so much 'unchangeable things' that go against him, it's more that if you build a fortress, then obviously someone needs to go try and knock it down, because that's the entire point of a fortress.

It also means not killing everyone, because if you kill everyone that means there's nobody left to fight. A line after the previous quote has Zephacleas realize what friendship means to orruks:

>Zephacleas stared at the orruk. Despite himself, he was beginning to comprehend how Gordrakk saw the world. For the orruks, there was no difference between an enemy and a friend. A friend was just an enemy you weren’t fighting at the moment, and an enemy was just a friend who was trying to kill you.

I always find this is interesting. Orruks don't fight out of spite or hatred, unless the enemy makes that a reason. An orruk can be trying to rip someone's head off one second, and share a nice fungus ale the second, all while having no hard feelings about just killing or getting killed by who he was just fighting.

It also creates interesting scenarios where orruks win a battle and the victims are just waiting to get slaughtered, only for the orruks to pack up and leave, maybe smack the survivors on the back for a 'great fight' and telling them to rebuild their fortress better for the next time.
>>
File: 20190216_191318.jpg (71 KB, 455x508)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>67817464

I had a really grat image showing how to paint fur that had animal patterns on it, but after a few minutes of searching I can't seem to find it.

This is instead a picture of a gloomspite git that belonged to a friend of mine. It was damaged and he didn't have the arm anymore so we made do with a replacement from my 40K grots. The Warp is a weird place.
>>
Anyone got any clue when Cities of Sigmar are coming out?
>>
>>67817647

Which book is this? I play Orks in 40k so my experience with them is basically "we're a bunch of screaming green retards who love to fight" so I think it would be interesting to see read more complex Ork philosophy.
>>
>>67817673
At least not for the next three weeks, since that's taken up by the marine release.
>>
>>67817686
Fury of Gork. It's pretty good.
Given later novels a little of the orruks seems to have rubbed off on Zephacleas, too.
>>
>>67817646
>Being this stupid
>>
>>67817705
>if I do not provide a counter-argument I can smugly pretend I know better!
>>
>>67816776
Atlantean elves riding goddamn sharks. Seriously, fuck the haters who forgot what fun means, that shit is awesome.
>>
>>67817716
>Good effects
>Low drop
>Artefact
>Extra cp
Name one Nurgle battalion that isn't worth it. You don't need to exploit a battalion as much as possible for it to be worthwhile. Why don't you actually play the game?
>>
>>67817370
They might add a new hero as an army standard bearer
>>
Are Daughters of Khaine soft squatted? Can't find any big box or even cauldrons anywhere, they show as temporarily not available on the GW page and I'm having a hard time to find stores that have any units as well.

Also, the Devoted of Morathi box seems to have disappeared, so much for me wanting to start DoK...
>>
>>67817734
>Name one Nurgle battalion that isn't worth it.
Just one? Alright. Menagerie of Nurgle. Nobody has eight Gnarlmaws lying around and even if they did no table worth playing on has enough space to place eight Gnarlmaws. Wow, that was easy.
>>
>>67817673
Protip: Even GW's own distribution network only finds out about releases a week before the rest of us.

>>67817746
Big boxes like the Devoted of Morathi are limited run discount boxes. GW calls them "battleforces" and puts them out around the holidays. Unfortunately, you can't really get them once they're gone. As for the Cauldron, I'm seeing it on the US webstore right now, so it's probably just that your webstore is out of stock and waiting on a delivery from GW. If you go to your FLGS, they can special order it for you.
>>
>>67817746
>Are Daughters of Khaine soft squatted?
I do not have a brainlet image that looks dumb enough to fit this post.
>>
>>67817746

They just came out like two years ago anon.

Stuff goes out of stock sometimes on GW's website, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>67817763

My friend runs an independent Warhammer shop and he told me once that he thinks it's funny when people ask him about upcoming releases since he gets his leak info from the same websites everyone else does.
>>
>>67817753
Not that guy, but this only mean that the battalion is restrictive in real world money, not that the battalion suck gameplay wise.
>>
>>67817753
Nurgle summoning is pretty lame without it, so if you're leaning to that it's helpful. There is room for eight, for sure, but you'll probably spend the points on actually summoning units.
>>
>>67817771
Yeah, I'm an FLGS employee and the guy who does the GW ordering. I chat with my GW rep once a week. Only times she's gotten advance info for me has been when she gets to try games out a couple weeks in advance of release, which happened for Apocalypse and Warcry.
>>
>>67817763
>>67817766

Thank you bois.

>>67817764

Hey, fuck you too buddy.
>>
>>67811544
Destruction wants to break things but also wants to build them up again to break them.

It's why destruction hates chaos who want to keep ruining everything.
>>
> Get a bunch of old Skaven Island of Blood models for free (the entire half of the box)
> Run them in games a few times
> Don't really like how they play
> Want to sell them and buy shit for my other armies
> Tempted to hold on to them in case they ever get added to Warcry

What do you guys think the odds are of additional armies coming to Warcry in the future? It seems kind of strange that stuff like Blades of Korne or Chaos Demons weren't included, but they could have just been holding more stuff back for later card pack releases.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard to shoehorn in some lore reason for the Skaven to be fucking around at the Allpoints considering how often they like to cockblock chaos.
>>
>>67813988
Also those memories are so strong they exist after the slaan leaves and are basically real.
>>
>>67817818
>>What do you guys think the odds are of additional armies coming to Warcry in the future?
Pretty high. It's probably fair to assume Warcry will develop like Kill Team and be added on over time.

New additions likely won't be today or tomorrow, but maybe we'll at least see biannual updates that'll expand the available factions and units.
>>
>>67817818
I feel like they wanted the new kits to be the focus, and they'll probably add more Chaos stuff later, after we get the other two warbands.
>>
>>67817846

Honestly they could drop rules for Garrek's Reavers or Magore's Fiends into a White Dwarf and I'd be pretty happy.

Some of the Underworlds warbands are too small to be usable by themselves, but there are a few that would slot in to Warcry pretty perfectly I think.
>>
>>67817964
>Some of the Underworlds warbands are too small
That'd be all of them, I'd say.
>>
>>67812712
Lord with dog and lord on jugg - very bad, never take. Worse than std ones.
Exalted and skullgrinder - absolute chad beatsticks, wish you could spam them in battalion.
Aspiring - he's okay, hard to fit on top of secrator.
Bloodstoker - solid buff, but no good targets since khorne doesn't play blobs.
All named ones - all good, Scarr is probably best 100 pt you can spend out of battalion.
Std manticore lord - flying rape machine in goretide host.
Std mounted lord - both demon and mortal, this matters.

In terms of buff efficiency: +1 attack > killing frenzy = stoker > reroll 1s.
>>
>>67817337
You'd need a general, but gargants are random. Use the merc company for them given they don't get any GG benefits outside of the shitty troll. battalion.

What about your battleline?
>>
>>67817763
They do know about upcoming squatting, though. Afaik stuff is given a shuffle warning then recalled
>>
Saw picrelated on reddit - how easy would it be to recreate hats like on dude to the right w/ greenstuff? I imagine you'd cut a disc and smooth the surfaces then cut grooves and cut a flat square to go on top?
>>
>tfw dispossessed will never be reboxed for 20 model boxes
>>
File: bwa7lrx4bbg31.jpg (76 KB, 1024x682)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>67818096
whoops
>>
>>67818098
>tfw dispossessed
>>
>>67809640
Freedom is gay
>>
>>67809971
>The freeguild general on griffon already went up
What are you talking about?

It's still there, just temporarily out of stock
>>
>>67817818
Very low. They already get a bunch of new things.
Unless the system somehow becomes popular at eventd which I doubt.
>>
>>67816814
>nagash constantly comes up with new world domination schemes
>chaos thwarts his plans every time
>meanwhile order can't sort itself out
Chaos is the good guys of aos.
>>
>>67818050

>khorne doesn't play blobs

I have a blob of 20 Bloodreavers that can make a turn 1 charge thanks to Khul and a Bloodstoker. It's not the greatest strategy ever but it's goddamn hilarious. I forget the exact number since it's been a while since I've played them but it's something like 1CP for a 24+D6 inch charge.

A nice wide wall of Bloodreavers won't be too terribly threatening, but they will keep your opponent's unit's occupied for a turn while your heroes, calvary, and Blood Warriors make their way across the field to crash right into the lines.
>>
>>67812021
Because the one I had at mine who was interested in /tg (Mtg but still) was a salty sperg who got mad when his homebrew wombo combo 80 cards bloat of a deck lost to freshmen. Never again.
>>
fug, thank you GW for giving me a whole new slann starmaster when I emailed them about a tiny bit of my other one was broken in the pack, I guess I've got 2 of them now.
>>
>>67818407
Yeah, goretide turn 1 charge is the best use for a stoker.
>>
>>67818532

Do they really do this?

I emailed them the other day to tell them about the Drillmaster chain piece being broken out of the box and asking if there was any way I could get a replacement bit since the contact points are too small to glue. They asked me for a copy of my receipt, I sent it, then they asked me for a picture and an address, I sent them yesterday.

I figure if anything they might just send the single sprue it was on but it would be hilarious if they sent me another Warcry box.

Speaking of, are any of you using your Warcry warbands in AOS? I play Blades of Khorne so them not being able to take a mark would fuck up all of my synergies.
>>
>>67818532
since they are squatting seraphon soon there's no much difference if they give you one for free.
>>
>>67818640
I had sent off an email about the part being snapped on the model, the batch code of the model and my order number, all the crap they say you should provide on the website. A few minutes later I got a response saying they were sending out another one and it arrived yesterday.
>>
>>67818640
>the american table
>>
>>67818640
It's pretty normal. GW may price gouge but they have consistently great customer service in regards to damaged/missing bits.

They generally the whole kit (Or individual unit if you got a big combined box).
Its cheaper just to send a box through the normal system than to pay a staffer to spend the time to find the kit, cut off the bit and mail it and then have a kit at their end they can't sell (because it's now missing a bit)
>>
>>67818677

I get shit from my friends when we play because I like super dense tables (especially in 40k).

I didn't understand the whole "Americans don't use a lot of terrain" meme until I saw some pictures from tournaments. I think it's mostly a tournament thing (since buying/building/painting terrain for dozens of tables gets expensive in terms of both money and prep time), most of the people I play with like using a pretty healthy amount of terrain.

It's not as big of an issue in AOS since there is significantly less shooting than in 40K, but I think a large amount of good looking, well painted terrain makes the game significantly more thematic, and (for me at least) helps to get a player absorbed into the game. There's a reason they call terrain The Third Army.
>>
>>67816837
Give us moooore
Are they really tomb Khan's?
Leak more daddy
>>
>>67818640
There's no way to produce a single component for you and they don't want a boxes worth of shit sitting around the warehouse.
>>
guys can you please stop joking about seraphon I really like them and just started building and collecting them
>>
>>67818895
Bait
>>
>>67818895
>old models
>no lore participation
>no announcements or spoilers
>shitty ghb changes implying no new book
Anon, the writing is on the wall.
>>
I do khorne and use Vallejo
A bunch of daemons are coming today. Is there a way to see how much are in these paints? I need to know if I should get another red. It feels like there are 3/5ths left but I'm not sure.
>>
>>67818895
Lizardmen are cool, even if they were turned into order daemons. Don't feel too bad anon
They will probs get a book later this year
>>
>>67818895

Keep building and collecting and playing them.

Worst case scenario the rumors are true and in two or three years they get squatted but you've had two or three years worth of games and you will still have a bunch of sweetass models. You'll still be able to play them with legacy rules, and as a bonus you'll be able to buy tons of cheap models when people start offloading them on ebay for dirt cheap.

Best case scenario is that the rumor is, like 95% of rumors here on 4chan, complete bullshit.
>>
>>67818895
sorry for your loss
>>
>>67819065
>>67819008
>>67818986
>>67818927
If I ask my local gw manager if seraphon are being squatted, would he tell a lie right to my face in hopes to not drive away a customer even if they are?
>>
>>67813459
lizards sell too well to get ditched
but if they do it I've got third party anyway, it's not like we weren't dead already
>>
>>67819217

He wouldn't know.

GW store employees don't ever get advance info on anything with the very occasional exception of release dates for new product, and even then they only know a week or two before the public knows.
>>
>>67819217
>If I ask my local gw manager
he would tell you they are being sold which means you can buy them and once they squat them he will tell you he didn't know it would happen
>>
Deathknell watch re-release when?
>>
>>67819217
Yes, he would.
But he also wouldn't know *anything* about who's getting squatted much earlier than we do. Like, maybe a week, tops.
>>
>>67819285
as a faction terrain piece in CoS
>>
File: 1535469145898.jpg (524 KB, 878x960)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>67815982
>took the girls out of each one to make an all-girl squad
YAAAASS
>>
File: 1524502896578.jpg (237 KB, 600x537)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>67815771
>implying a stormie player would know what a woman looks like
>>
My Khurnoti battletome when?
>>
File: 1343826856052.gif (449 KB, 286x119)
449 KB
449 KB GIF
>>67819305

I'm so anxious about CoS, see what it has to offer. Can't wait for it to come out.

We know nothing yet about dates, right?
>>
>>67819355
nope
>>
>>67819217
>would he lie
absolutely
>>
>>67819353
never
>>
Just finished the plasticard cladding and banding on my steam tanker

What's everyone working on?

Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>67819503
workin on your mom haha
>>
>>67819551
Morally, you're still a cut above the people who don't post pics.
>>
File: IMG_20190813_163810.jpg (1.59 MB, 2736x3648)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>67819503
On Tzaangor tidy-up duty.
>>
>>67819353
November M8 after CoS
>>
>>67818075
dankhold troggboss is a troll hero that makes river trolls and rock trolls battleline in gloomspites
>>
>>67819503
Warpfire dragon
Photo soon.
>>
>>67819241
>once they squat them he will tell you he didn't know it would happen
Which will most likely be true. Managers rarely hear about anything before we do.
>>
File: 20190814_150046.jpg (4.56 MB, 5760x4312)
4.56 MB
4.56 MB JPG
>>67819503
Painting up a squig herd
>>
File: LoC.jpg (719 KB, 1000x999)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>67819605
do you play BoC or tzeentch?
>>
File: IMG_20190813_183517.jpg (911 KB, 3648x954)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
>>67819691
I play best god
>>
>>67819643
why do they want to squat lizards again? just not enough space in the releases or interest by the sculptors?
>>
>>67819698
I await a better photo of the moonman herald
>>
File: IMG_20190814_140917.jpg (3.61 MB, 5120x3840)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB JPG
>>67819722
He is reading The Bell Curve.
>>
>>67819682
Very nice

I like the purple one with blue spots best
>>
>>67819712
They don't fit the AoS aesthetic, too old world looking.
>>
File: IMG_3103.jpg (231 KB, 1283x516)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
Just basecoated another Underworlds warband, count-as Ironskull's Boyz this time around.
There's something wonky going on with the neck area of the female model, but I can't really pinpoint the reason. Maybe it's the weird lack of of a gorget?
>>
>>67819712
they dont, its baseless shitposting
>>
>>67819778
thanks! trying to get them all to be slightly different but still not look to colourfull once they're in a unit
>>
File: based and stormpilled.png (179 KB, 1000x1000)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>67819809
>>
>>67819799
Well I guess they're squatting the stardrakes, the Orks, the ogres, the last vestiges of cos, the ko, the GsG, and slaanesh
>>
File: 1329956629594.jpg (149 KB, 512x996)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>GW squats the lizardmen
>GW then makes the old slann with genestealers cults-tier releases usable in both settings

wouldn't even be mad
>>
>>67819870
>Stardrakes
>Old world looking
??
>>
>>67819503
>What's everyone working on?
not killing myself
>>
>>67820019
They look like lizardmen dragons, too old world looking
>>
>>67819809
Is that leadbelcher spray?
Because mine didn't quite had that finished (either way with a single coat later I had it)
>>
Anyone seen good examples of the star drake with wings reposed?

It looks bad as is (posewise) but I wonder if it could look better
>>
>>67820132
It would have been RADICAL if they had sculpted it with open wings. Also insanely huge silhouette and even more of a nightmare to transport.
>>
>>67820170
They could've just put armour around the wing joint areas and used plugs for the wing joint so it'd be easy to magnetise
>>
>>67820132
use a different model altogether
>>
>>67820291
Stormies look so shitty
>>
>>67810043
Well he is smaller than the sixth graders.
>>
Migrate!

>>67820624
>>67820624
>>67820624
>>
>>67819305
They better not.

I fucking WANT my cogfort man !!
>>
File: we celestials now.png (149 KB, 699x622)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>67813524
Is that an invitation?
>>
>>67817487
The Dispossessed battalion was a raging trashfire, why would anyone use it instead of just running the AA for the same thing with less restrictions on what you can take?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.