[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Thread Topic: Share your custom survivors!

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters.

Prologue Narration: [YouTube] Kingdom Death: Monster - Prologue (embed)

This game has 3 phases.
1. You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Fight them
3. Return to your settlement with the goods
Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 25-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you.

A maximum of 25-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2021

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
http://kingdomdeath.com/
https://twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.3 Rulebook
https://mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
http://www.kingdomdeath.com/faq/
http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: http://build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: http://vibrantlantern.com/
ART OF DEATH artbook: https://kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: https://i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: https://i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ (Last updated 16th of December)
https://pastebin.com/raw/V9sMmLJJ

Old thread:
>>67721652
>>
File: 1564670480936.jpg (202 KB, 1170x930)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
What expansions are you looking forward to the most? For me it is Black Knight, Red Witches, and First Hero
>>
>>67769418
Ivory Dragon , Red Witches , Oblivion Mosquito
>>
Noob here, been looking at this game for sometime, aside from the rulebook in OP, what do I need to have going forward, knowledge-wise and/or bits to get started?
>>
>>67769418
I am in love with the Screaming God, but I'm terrified that his fight will be more of an Endcap than a reoccurring battle.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (28 KB, 640x480)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>67769644
Honestly the game's Prologue is the best in the industry. Adam Poot's wife, Anna Poots, painstakingly designed the starting scenario to slowly introduce players to the complex systems of KD:M. Play it from front to cover and it will help you to get started on your first campaign.

The only other advice I can give you is this: Don't look for any guides or ask for strongest builds. The game is best discovered as an organic experience between you and how ever many players care to join you.

When in doubt, rely on RULE OF DEATH: If there is every any situation that causes a stalemate, rule against the favor of the Survivors. Have fun!!
>>
>>67769234
>Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image
Whoops, disregard that. It should be changed to 2021!!
>>
>>67769644
>what do I need to have going forward, knowledge-wise and/or bits to get started?
You need the game itself. This isn't a wargame where you can download the rulebook, proxy some minis, and off you go; the game box contains a billion cards and tokens that are used in the playing of the game.

You can, and should, try the game out on Tabletop Simulator. If the price tag shocks you (and it should), that's a good way to get your feet wet.

If you are absolutely insistent on proxying the game, go proxy up the White Lion's Hit Location, AI, Resource, and Hunt Event decks, alongside the Fighting Arts, Disorder, Terrain, Vermin, and Basic Resource decks (~300 cards), proxy up four survivor minis (30mm base), one White Lion (50mm base), have a bunch of terrain tokens on hand from 1x1 to 4x4 in shape, and get yourself a giant game grid marked out to size. Then, you can probably managed to proxy the first couple years of the game. But for each new monster you fight, you'll need to proxy out all of their cards, and before you know if you've printed out a thousand cards and maybe you should've just bought the game and saved the time...
>>
All this 'rules contradict each other' is bullshit, Rule of Death clearly states whichever's worst for the survivors trumps the other rule. There, it's done, no need for FAQ clarification, fuck.
>>
>>67770632
>I rolled a 9, I hit
>Well rule of death trumps all so you miss anyways
This is you
>>
>>67770650
If there's a contradiction then yes, stop pretending to be this stupid.
>>
>>67770767
Rule of Death is a bandaid, contradicting rules should be fixed retard
>>
>>67770650
>hyperbolic bullshit
there's no rule conflict in rolling a 9 to hit, anon. At least use a hyperbolic situation that would make you correct.
>>
>>67770791
>he thinks it's possible to completely eradicate rule contradictions
>he thinks he's very clever because he knows the term bandaid solution
>he doesn't know
>>
>>67770820
>rules shouldn't be discussed or FAQd because rule of death!
Fuck off

You're a fucking retard trying to drag in the old argument of founding stones. We all know what rule of death is, but that does not answer the question of what a founding stone is supposed to do and is literally just a band aid to keep the game moving.

>>67770795
You mean, like say, activiating an item for an automatic hit but then losing that hit because muh rule of death?
>>
>>67770632
>Not having a law degree to complement your /tg/ hobby
Never gonna make it
Just use Kelsen's pyramid to sort it out
>>
Ah here we go , I was wondering when the KDMG was going to devolve in to shit flinging
>>
File: 20190811_145838.jpg (624 KB, 1038x1152)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
The phoenix kit is leagues better than the other kits. Is that just me?
>>
OK so let me get this straight... the SINGLE USE, FINITE ITEM, that is rare if ever to show up again, does NOT deal a normal wound against a monster against a non trap card or a card that has no crit result. Why are you guys this selfloathing that you have to rule of death such a scarce equipment card? It isn't gamebreaking if you just have the monster take a measly wound like normal when a random table can fade your entire character and their equipment out of existence constantly throughout the entire game.
>>
>>67771062
The worst part, is that to take the anon's argument literally, a survivor with +1 luck making a wound roll of a 9 against a hit location with no critical result would fail to wound, even if the roll would've been high enough to wound normally.

It's just a dumb argument. Critical wounds are critical in addition to being wounds. It isn't a separate thing, it's an extra modifier, that sometimes doesn't apply. This is actually pretty fucking clear if you read through how Luck works and how it interacts with monsters, but the anon is intentionally trying to ignore that in bull his way into 'but its unclear so you have to rule of death it' and nah, fuck that.
>>
>>67770875
You’re literally confused on how the very first piece of gear you get is used and act like it’s some glaring oversight.

Throw the stone, it hits automatically
Draw the location
Does it have a critical hit effect? Do it
It doesn’t? Get fucked, you didn’t wound at all you little shit. Now go home back into your mother’s womb because the unfair monster game is bullying you
>>
>>67771194
Why? I hit, why don't I get to wound? Prove it
>>
>>67771194
It's not a glaring oversight, you're just reading too much into the words, anon.

Critical wounds are both critical and wounds. A hit location without a critical effect can't be critically wounded, but it can be wounded, and a critical wound still wounds such a place -- just not critically.
>>
>>67771013
I love the Rawhide set most of all, but the Phoenix one is pretty dope. Fuck the naked survivors armor kit, it is full of barrel chests and potato faces.
>>
>>67769418
Campaigns of Death, for homebrew purposes.But that is kind of a cheap answer desu, so not counting that one:

Goblin Dragon (whole expansion would be a cheap answer because CONTENT, but honestly if it was just that one monster it would be enough to look forward to)

>>67771137
>>67771062
Take it up with Adam if you have issues:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1546463/official-answers-line-sight-and-critical-hits
>>
>>67771211
Because Hits and Wounds are not the same fucking thing. No one is argueing you dont hit the monster. You absolutely do. Anything that triggers on a hit still triggers.

What, do you not roll your strength checks either? "I made the accuracy roll so its a wound. I don't need to pierce toughness, that isn't a thing."
>>
>>67771232
>Critical wounds are both critical and wounds.
Yes that's exactly my interpretation as well.
>>
>>67771290
Because wound rolls come after hit rolls dumb ass. So why in this one specific case am I not allowed a wound roll for my corresponding hit?
>>
>>67771261
>>67771062
>Take it up with Adam if you have issues:
Literally every post in that thread is bringing up the same issues we just did. Even his own game doesn't support Adam's interpretation. Sometimes, creators are just wrong.
>>
>>67771211
>>67771232
If we look at the glossary in the back of the book on page 229- the critical wound entry is as follows:

Critical wounds are lucky blows that always wound a monster, even if the wound attempt does not exceed the monster’s toughness...

> that seems pretty cut and dry, so what exactly IS a critical wound?

... A critical wound occurs when a wound roll result is a Lantern 10 on a hit location WITH A CRITICAL WOUND EFFECT.

No critical effect, no critical wound
>>
>>67771349
Yes, a critical wound is all that, in addition to being a wound.

No critical effect, no critical wound. Agreed. But it's still a wound. And that's incontrovertible.
>>
>>67771349
Yeah but the founding stone hits anyways so again if you take this hard nosed approach the hit should still generate a wound attempt like all other hits
>>
>>67771137
You can’t resolve a Critical Wound against a Hit Location without a Critical Wound subsection. This prevents Luck from completely sidelining STR as a stat.
You could resolve a regular Wound from the attack by regular STR+d10 vs Toughness interactions, but the Founding Stone delivers an automatic Critical without actually having a Str roll so it can’t.

What’s so mind-boggling about a powerful prologue item that doesn’t continue to function as a Deal One Wound For Free card in the mid-to-end game content?
>>
>>67771318
Because the automatic result WAS your roll. You don't get rerolls for free. This is literally the way that Adam has said it works multiple times.

At launch, literally EVERYONE agreed with you. We only say otherwise because Adam has flat out said that isn't how it works. Its bad game design, its not intuitive, and it SHOULD work the way you said. If you want to play it that way, go the fuck ahead. No one will break into your house. But it is in fact not actually the way it was intended to work.
>>
>>67771382
Hitting doesn't fucking matter my dude.

Yes, you hit. You know what the effect of a hit is? You discard a hit location.

Automatic Hit =/= Automatic Wound
>>
>>67771259
Rawhide is fine, but all the Leather girls are fat through the chest. Which is a shame because the look of it is alright otherwise.
>>
>>67771392
It delivers an automatic critical _wound_. Which is a wound, that happens to be critical.

It's not even arguable, man. We get it, it doesn't do a critical effect, and it doesn't count as a critical wound. But a critical wound is still a wound, and it still inflicts a wound, because that's what the card says.

>>67771403
>massive appeal to authority
Adam isn't the final authority to how the game plays, the rulebook is the final authority. And the rulebook doesn't support Adam's interpretation. Sometimes, creators are wrong about their own creation.
>>
File: bretty good.png (706 KB, 643x807)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
Back on thread topic, this is not mine, but I wished I had thought of it.
>>
File: 1443573567890.png (394 KB, 565x565)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>67771403
So my roll is automatically a lantern 10 i.e. a critical wound and always a success even lacking a critical location.

>>67771423
Hitting absolutely matters. I dont know if youre an idiot or something but wound rolls always follow hits and there is nothing on the card that precludes that in the absence of a critical location. There is no precedence whatsoever to say that founding stones dont get to roll to wound if they cant crit unlike literally every other piece of gear in the game. If you can find a piece of text that establishes that then feel free to post it, because nothing else you may argue matters unless you can prove that
>>
File: rules.jpg (90 KB, 524x276)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Let's see what they write in the rule book right at the fucking beginning.
Can we *please* now stop arguing?
>>
>>67771523
No because that is not what is being argued. What is being argued is whether or not they can still wound even if a critical wound is not possible
>>
File: bright knives.png (227 KB, 433x703)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>67771440
>fat chested ladies
I don't see a problem with this. The good news is that the Gambler's chest will bring us A LOT more options for customizing armor sets by way of Oyumaru + greenstuff.
>>
>>67771370
No. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

A wound can become a critical, but a critical does not necessitate a wound- that is not stated anywhere because determining critical wounds happens after the wound attempt which you skip entirely with the founding stone effect.
For example, if you attempt to wound a location that doesn’t have a critical effect, and roll a lantern 10, if that roll plus your strength does not beat the monsters toughness, you don’t get a wound out of it.
The location must have a critical effect to get all the goodies on page 76 under “critical wounds”, one of which is “the monster is wounded even if the wound roll does not exceed the monster’s toughness”
>>
>>67771603
This specific example is wrong because a lantern 10 always succeeds
>>
File: Spoiler Image (573 KB, 639x1003)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
To the autistic anon thinking that a Founding Stone can't wound a location without a critical effect, what would you say happens if you throw a Founding Stone at pic related?

Keep in mind, you did not roll anything. No wound attempt was made. Nothing was failed, at all. In your argument, as you put it, nothing happened, because the stone said to critically wound the location and it couldn't be critically wounded -- and that's not the same as making and failing a wound attempt.

How do you progress? What happens?

What if it's a reflex, instead? Does a reflex fire if no wound roll is made?

Your interpretation breaks the fundamental way the game proceeds. I wouldn't even begin to know how to approach these situations, because there is no rule for it. We have no idea what to do with a hit location that doesn't have a wound attempt made on it. It's just not even considered as an option.

The only self-contained way to interpret this scenario without breaking the game once you approach the edges is to treat a tossed Founding Stone as a lantern 10 on a wound roll. Is it a patch? Sure. But it's a patch that fixes the game, and not one that breaks it even further.
>>
>>67771622
On hits- where does it say that a 10 always succeeds on wounds?
>>
>>67771662
Page 39, a lantern 10 always succeeds for both hits and wound rolls, even if you can't crit the location.

That's one of those very easily missed rules.
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 966x143)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>67771662
>>
>>67771518
>So my roll is automatically a lantern 10
No, its not. Lantern 10 is different from Critical Wound, which is why it has a different rules section. A Lantern 10 is always an automatic wound, critical or not. That does not extend to ALL crits.

Yes. Wound rolls follow hits. Except for when you already have a result for the roll. Red Saviors dont get extra wounds out of their ability, they just get to replace one of the wound rolls. The automatic crit REPLACES your wound roll.

>There is no precedence whatsoever to say that founding stones dont get to roll to wound if they cant crit
Except, you know, literally every time the creator has talked about it.

>>67771645
You archive the stone.
You draw the hit location.
You do not crit.
You failed to wound, so the Butcher turns around and bites your fucking head off.

If it was a reflex, it also happens, because you did not score a critical to cancel the reflex.

Nothing here is failing to work at all, you are just an idiot.

To turn this around though, I want to pose a question to you. What do you think happens if the founding stone hits a trap?

>>67771603
Lanterns always succeed. Its just that Lanterns aren't always crits.
>>
>>67771645
The founding stone would not trigger a failure no. So that reaction doesn't happen. It also couldn't happen if the survivor wasn't next to him anyways
>>
>>67771721
>You failed to wound, so the Butcher turns around and bites your fucking head off.
Wrong. You didn't even attempt to wound. You failed nothing.

Get out of here if you're just going to make shit up.
>>
>>67771662
Lantern 10 in the glossary.

>>67771645
Failure resolves as normal. If it was reflex, it would also resolve as normal because no crit canceled it.

>>67771717
That is a perfect hit, not a Lantern 10 Wound.
>>
>>67771721
You just said >>67771403
My roll already happened. So what is the result of my roll?

>the critical wound replaces your wound roll
Fucking prove it
>>
>>67771740
YOU DID ATTEMPT TO WOUND. THROWING THE FOUNDING STONE IS AN ATTEMPT TO WOUND. HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW ARE YOU THIS FUCKING RETARDED MY DUDE?
>>
>>67771717
You goofed- literally just shows the entry for perfect hits anon. Go sit in a corner and be embarrassed about yourself.

>>67771685
This anon is on the money
>>
>>67771735
>It also couldn't happen if the survivor wasn't next to him anyways
Basic action has a "move and attack" profile, so it happens even if you aren't adjacent. He may not be able to close the entire distance, situation depending, but the Butcher would still try to.

>>67771764
>Failure resolves as normal. If it was reflex, it would also resolve as normal because no crit canceled it.
Why would a failure resolve if you didn't attempt to wound it? Where's your justification? Or are you just making shit up like everyone else here is?

It's a fundamentally broken part of the game. The rules stop working when you look at it. It needs a patch. I've yet to see any patch that doesn't break the game further -- except to treat the stone's wound as a lantern 10.

>>67771792
A wound attempt is a die roll. That is defined in the game. No, you never attempted to wound. That can't even be argued.
>>
File: stones throw away.jpg (51 KB, 794x1059)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Say what you want about the stone, it's making the /kdm/ move faster than it has in a long while.
>>
>>67771446
>a Critical Wound is still a Wound
As per the rulebook and its writer they are associated but entirely separate effects. You’re mistaking poor wording choice for intent in pursuit of “winning the discussion”.

>hurrr death of the author
You can choose to play the game however you want if others agree to it. It doesn’t mean you aren’t pushing personalized mods to the core ruleset for the sake of making the fights easier.
>>
>>67771813
Oh yeah my bad, I haven't fought the poor bastard in awhile
>>
>>67771813
It shouldn’t be a lantern 10. Just accept the rule of death and take your lumps. The game is bleak and just when you think you have a guaranteed victory, it can be stolen from you.
>>
>>67771792
>Anon says its not a wound for being able to wound non critical locations
>but it is a wound for eating reflexes
Pick one. Either its a wound or it isnt
>>
File: 1508790266255.jpg (558 KB, 600x600)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
Thinking about building a nice wooden box to store my expansion cards and materials in. I'm thinking about having the cards be subdivided into smaller compartments that are easy to remove, and building a little storage box to sit on top that has all the extra terrain materials. Trying to figure out what to do to store the gear cards though.

I'm trying to decide between building multiple boxes; one for the base game, one for expansions of death 1 + campaigns of death, and one for expansions of death 2 (and probably a fourth for the Gambler's box). If I decide to go this insane route I'm going to have to hold off, but I can't use this shitty base box for another 2 years without losing my mind.
>>
>>67771645
Its funny that you posted a butcher card. Adam SPECIFICALLY updated the butcher to have a single crit location so that he can clearly show "Hey this works differently from the monsters you have faced so far."

Lacking crit effects is a specific design choice to prevent players from just clearing through the Butcher with a few founding stones they saved for a couple years, which isn't hard to do. What you are suggesting would genuinely upset the balance of the the very first nemesis of the game, because you want it to be easier than its supposed to be.

This isn't us saying "Hurr durr rule of death!", this is us explaining the clarifications we have gotten through the creator, informed by the context of the game itself and how the fights are laid out in a respect to each other.
>>
>>67771879
Its not a wound. Its a wound attempt. Those are different things. I understand why you fail to understand it though. Just like how you fail to understand that a wound and a critical wound are different things.
>>
>>67771944
Anon, the first Butcher has 12 AI cards. You can't "clear through the Butcher with a few founding stones they saved up". That will get you less than a third of the way through the man.

Of course I posted the Butcher. It's the first and easiest example of this.

>>67771982
It's not a wound attempt. A wound attempt is literally defined in game to be a die roll that you add your strength to to determine if you wound the monster. A founding stone is not that, under any circumstances, no matter how much you try lie about it.
>>
>>67771982
When did I attempt to wound? After all a critical wound and a wound are two different things (t you) so just because I have a critical wound does not mean I ever attempted to wound.
>>
>>67772004
Okay, well the game also describes criticals as a result of a roll so ACTUALLY the founding stone is NEVER a crit at all ever.

See, I can also be an obtuse jackass who reads literally a single sentence devoid of context and claims its always a fact in all cases.
>>
>>67772033
Cards > Rules. The card says it's a critical wound, therefore it's a critical wound. The card does not, however, say that it is a wound attempt, therefore it is not a wound attempt.

Nice try.
>>
>>67771769
>>67771740
Still haven't gotten a reply to my question to you.

What the fuck happens if you founding stone the trap?
>>
>>67771890
My favorite storage solution I've seen has individual monster card boxes and gear cards stored in a leather-bound binder.
I've even seen printable versions out there if you don't want to lug around a terrible lot of fibreboard.

The reason I like the idea of removeable monster boxes is because you could travel with just the ones you want instead of carrying around a huge box of everything.
>>
>>67772074
You cancel the hit and resolve the trap like normal. Traps cancels all hits before you get to the wounding step
>>
>>67772077
Oh man, those are some nice little fibreboard boxes. I have friends that want me to bring the game over sometimes, so you're right it would make my life a lot easier.
I think I'll sleeve my cards first so I can get the measurements with the cards sleeved for making the boxes, or at least getting ones big enough.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (665 KB, 639x1003)
665 KB
665 KB PNG
>>67772074
Traps aren't reactions, traps just happen. So the argument that reactions don't happen does not apply to a trap, because it isn't a reaction to a wound attempt.

Popping a trap with a Founding Stone means reading the trap's HL effect, cancelling all hits, and then fucking the survivor that tossed the stone right up the ass.

There's a couple other HLs that would follow this same set of logic, too. Pic related (King's Man spoiler), for example, would cancel a Founding Stone if the slinging survivor wore heavy gear, even though it actually has a critical location. Because it's not a reaction, it happens immediately on beginning to resolve the hit location, and the survivor is knocked down which cancels all hits, the location is never wounded at all.
>>
>>67772172
>So the argument that reactions don't happen does not apply to a trap, because it isn't a reaction to a wound attempt.
Prove it
>>
>>67772219
Traps are resolved immediately when they are drawn, before wounds
>>
>>67772219
I can't prove a negative, anon. The argument for reactions not firing in response to a failed Founding Stone is based on the rules for reactions stating that they occur after a wound attempt, and Founding Stones don't make wound attempts.

Traps do not have any such rule that would interact strangely with Founding Stones. With a trap, you never make it to the wounding step. Regardless of whether you choose to interpret a Founding Stone as a wound attempt that is a lantern 10, or as just an automatic critical wound, a Founding Stone would not wound a trap because either:

1. You never make it to the wound attempt to apply the lantern 10.
2. A trap does not have a critical wound result, so it isn't critically wounded.

Regardless of which patch you want to apply, it doesn't change how traps interact with Founding Stones.
>>
This thread makes me wonder if there are literally people who play 5 man games where one person ONLY plays the monsters and hovers over the rest of the players with a ruler while screaming "RULE OF DEATH" at the top of their lungs.
>>
>>67772305
Sorry cards > rules so you ignore the trap rules and do what the founding stone says and wound anyway obviously. This isn't something you can argue. You are an idiot. Prove it. Etc.
>>
>>67772313
Don't be silly, there's no need for rulers in KD:M
>>
File: 20190810_222036.jpg (702 KB, 1023x1365)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
>>67771594
Fat chested is fine

I should have said fat waisted
>>
>>67772371
>Assshattered that his own logic fell apart so now he just false flags.
Stop posting, have a drink a water, and calm down
>>
>>67772371
Man, someone's mad aren't they?
>>
File: GOD AMONG MEN.jpg (1.58 MB, 2400x2816)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>67772313
>mfw there's literally a game mode where the monster IS controlled by one person against four other players
>>
>>67770767
Rule of death is for during gameplay to speed up the game.your supposed to find out whats the correct way to handle the situation when your friends are gone and have time.
>>
>>67772399
You know what? I actually took your advice, and needed that. Thank you. Sorry for being so heated.

You are wrong. Creator has flat out said so, and when you know the context it does feel pretty obvious that it was the intent of the way a lot of stuff was worded. But you seem to be a big supporter of Death of the Author, and nothing outside of the game itself will convince you.

For what its worth, I do genuinely think it would be both more clear, and also just better in general to just have it say "Treat your wound attempt for this attack as a Lantern 10".

But I guess just agree to disagree. We are 80 posts into a new thread and nothing is going to get resolved.

So in the interest of changing the topic... What is your favorite survivor build to go for?
>>
File: question for everybody.png (325 KB, 500x500)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
I'm genuinely curious how many people are favoring the rules interpretation here. Strawpoll time!

https://strawpoll.com/zx629d4h
>>
>>67771232
No
You can easily crit yet not wound
Easiest example is a blue savior with charm and fist and tooth
He crits on 7 yet wont wound most monsters. So when a monster has a crit location he causes a wound because he crits if there is no crit location he wont wound
>>
>>67772781
>You are wrong
But you can't establish why exvept for ultimately pointing to Poots and saying "because he says so I guess". You simply cannot prove ypur point using the rules themselves, and posts like this >>67771982 come into existence showing the mental gymnastics that a critical wound is both not a wound and a wound.

You have supreme confidence in your stance but it isn't grounded in anything worth that confidence

Also I like the perfect eye build + white liom katars for wound machine gun
>>
>>67771645
Dude its not an attack you activate an item with an effect
>>
>tfw Combo Master + Lion Claw Arrow lets you hit twice and give the monster two -1 evasion tokens
Fuckin' feels nice, man. Trick shot!
>>
File: Diana-Bullets.jpg (103 KB, 480x480)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>67772781
>What is your favorite survivor build to go for?
I love slapping Lantern Gauntlets on someone with Crossarm Block; very easy to attain combo that is satisfying to use. I even considered Sculpting that Fighting Art because I enjoy it so much.

Add a Lion Skin Cloak plus a Shield and you're golden!
>>
File: IMG_20180828_2152512.jpg (387 KB, 1478x1758)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>67772781
>So in the interest of changing the topic... What is your favorite survivor build to go for?

Every game. No questions asked. There must always be The Build.

I need to get this guy painted up, so I can accurately depict the ten pounds of monster grease he is slathered in.
>>
File: All you ever need.png (909 KB, 1036x1020)
909 KB
909 KB PNG
>>67773187
>>
>>67772938
Like i said, neither of us is going to convince the other.

Also, if you like that build, I highly recommend using a counterweight axe with Timeless Eye, and trying to get the Bone Witch to rip out your eyes. Makes for a real good time. Stack speed and you get a wound machine gun, but with no chance of ever drawing a trap. Sadly it also makes it impossible to crit, but that is low price to pay for multiple wounds per turn.
>>
>>67773352
>tfw you use the cats eye circlet to line up the perfect deathblow, and forget that the only model available to land the killing blow is a Timeless Eye+Counterweight Axe user
I've never been more disappointed in my life...

Also, add in Combo Master, for even more absolute bullshit.
>>
>>67773307
But why monster grease here?
>>
>>67773463
Because you better lube up for what's coming?
>>
>>67773463
nvm i'm dumb
>>
>>67773463
Monster grease goes in every build
>>
>>67773518
This unironically
>>
Monster grease > cat eye circlet
Fight me.
>>
>>67773518
Agreed. It really should cost 2 organs instead of 1, or something like that.
>>
>>67771211
because you're throwing it. You're in a sense changing the item. Throwing the stone is either you crit, or do nothing. That's the point of throwing it. No crit location is the miss.
>>
>>67773547
>Fight me.
I cannot, too slippery.
>>
>>67773549
Sounds fair to me. For only costing a single organ it outclasses every organ grinder item in terms of cost efficiency.
>>
File: stupid sexy nightmare.png (1.45 MB, 1600x1600)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>67772791
friendly reminder to take the poll. We had around 17 people involved in this discussion, I want to see your representation.
>>
File: 1565559706282.jpg (380 KB, 1045x1066)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
I still have a lot of improving to do as a painter, but I was happy enough with my first foray into modding with green stuff on the tongue. And then we have Argus, the champion of my first settlement who would not let being dickless, one armed and one legged and half blind stop him from punching the shit out of monster. An absolute madman who watched his wife and twins die while his mother morphed into a kingsman.
>>
>>67773617
But where does missing mean you failed a wound attempt roll?

You either crit or do nothing, yes, given that interpretation, but doing nothing is not the same as failing a wound attempt.
>>
>>67773631
I could go for that, sure. It definitely beats having to use excess Zanbatos as the fourth monster grease, because the item is so strong you always make four of them and you don't need the 5th and 6th Zanbatos ever (remember, DBK brings 3 more).
>>
>>67773726
Nicely done, Duder. I'd suggest putting on some kind of glossy coat on that tongue to make it extra sick looking! Love to hear about survivors like this.

God's speed, Argus!
>>
How recommended is it that I buy sleeves for the cards in KDM, and what product should I use if I do? Leaning towards Ultra Pro just because Vibrant Lantern recommends it
>>
File: SFVHakan.jpg (124 KB, 400x540)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
This monster grease talk is making me want to paint up a fist and tooth master in this color scheme. Maybe paint a skull helm blue?
>>
>>67773832
Why would you spend the kind of money KDM costs and not protect your cards and let them chip to pieces as you play?

I went with Sleeve Kings, and they aren't terrible, but I've also heard a lot of good things about docsmagic, Paladin, and Mage sleeves. Sleeve Kings was cheaper than those by a country mile, but also a little thinner, although they aren't penny sleeves.
>>
>>67773787
This. Get some gloss varnish and slap it on there. Works well for any sort of liquid or slime and is pretty great to throw on gemstones and metallics (sometimes).
>>
>>67773873
Doesn't sleeve kings only sell gear card sized sleeves?
>>
>>67773726
I've seen people do great shit with like certain kinds of glue to create strands of drool connecting the teeth in the antelope's undermouth. Looks utterly disgusting, and fantastic too.

>>67773912
Nope. Didn't even buy their gear sleeves, as I use a binder solution for gear. Get these for KDM regular cards:
https://sleevekings.com/products/sleeve-kings-standard-usa-chimera-card-sleeves-57-5x89mm-110-pack-60-microns-4
>>
>>67773832
Ultrapro a shit

Buy Dragon Shield, they last for years and years of use and still mass shuffle like a dream.

Personally I do NOT have all of my KD:M cards sleeved, only the ones I shuffle a lot, like the AI cards or resources. Everything else I just put out of the box to reference and then place back.
>>
>>67774118
How well do the dragon shield sleeves fit?
>>
>>67773966
Great to know, thanks. I'm still trying to get sleeve kings to cancel orders I placed for gear card sleeves mistaking them for sleeves for the other cards.

>>67773726
I can't even get my screaming antelope to stand on his back two legs, the poor gimpy thing leaned so far after id let him dry

If my posts and questions don't make it obvious, I'm new to Kingdom Death and board games of this caliber entirely. My bro and I decided to take a chance on this game and so far I've had a blast learning the mechanics. Tonight, we face the butcher for the first time, and I suspect an early game over with him
>>
>>67774337
>Tonight, we face the butcher for the first time, and I suspect an early game over with him
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I pants'd my Butcher on the first try. I was hoping desperately he would kill someone though... Things hadn't gotten difficult quite yet, and I had my reputation on the line for hyping up the game.

We steamrolled the Kingsman too, but that's another thing entirely.
>>
>>67774337
>and I suspect an early game over with him
Please note, a TPK isn't game over in KDM. As long as you still have survivors, you can keep going forward.

Legitimately speaking, there is no shame in throwing four newborn (or badly mangled, ruined) survivors at a nemesis you aren't sure you can defeat. This is even a legit strategy late game, especially for Protect the Young settlements.

That said, the first Butcher isn't too bad, and I've never actually had a TPK from him. He usually claims a life or two in the process, it's rarely a clean kill, but he always goes down in the end. It's the next guy you've got to worry about...
>>
>>67774337
>I can't even get my screaming antelope to stand on his back two legs, the poor gimpy thing leaned so far after id let him dry
Super glue + some kind of support. Super glue takes longer than plastic cement to fully bond, so if you unsupport it too early you will get stuff like that happen. Alternatively, if you use the plastic cement stuff, the contact surfaces mustn't be painted, as this type of glue simply melts the PS to basically weld it together; if there is still paint inbetween, it won't work properly.
>>
>>67774410
sounds fake, or did you cheat by checking item description before crafting them/monster tactics/etc
>>
>poll originally had 'Okay butts' in the lead
>now suddenly 'Shit Outta' is increasing every few minutes
Hmmm...
>>
>>67774533
>did you cheat by checking item description before crafting them
First of all how is that cheating, and how am I suppose to avoid seeing the gears at all?

Secondly I didn't have to build much of anything because we had found a lantern sword in the cave of wonders on lantern year 3 as well as acquired a twilight knight, so those two swordswomen made short work of ol' Butcher Pete.
>>
>>67772781
I've been enjoying having a whip with gorm sleeves and a shield+grease
I know its not a really meta build, but I've whipped off the lions dong every fight so maybe thats why I enjoy it so much.
>>
>>67774545
are you implying someone would refresh their IP just to win an internet argument?
>>
>>67774533
>sounds fake, or did you cheat by checking item description before crafting them/monster tactics/etc

have you only played the game once? Have you even gotten past the prologue?
>>
>>67774885
Not him, but yes people do all sorts of stupid stuff just to win stupid points.
>>
>>67774885
Matter of fact I am interested in the results of this argument in general, and I myself haven't voted yet to remain unbiased.
>>
>>67774853
>but I've whipped off the lions dong every fight so maybe thats why I enjoy it so much.
Hot
>>
>>67774533
I agree with you about checking monster tactics being cheating, but checking gear before you make it is absolutely not cheating, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1525616291733m.jpg (82 KB, 732x1024)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I wish I could get my d&d group into this game. As it is I'm posting ads at my local table top store and a brewery that hosts table top games and hoping i strike gold in finding players. Wish me luck anons.
>>
>>67774533
Not him but my group did pretty well our first try. Unfortunately we never got rid of hackcity and lost near the end.
>>
>>67775260
I saw a group playing with the 1.0 game in my local shop like 4 months ago, Told them I had the 1.5 with all the expansions and I'd be willing to bring it up as I havent been able to get my D&D group into it. Main dude running it was pretty pleasant, exchanged numbers. Never got a text or call about it. Send text, fake number, dude never shows back up to FLGS.
>>
File: loli hate anon.png (130 KB, 750x1000)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>67775159
keep it in your pants, you creep
>>
File: 1563896743266.jpg (31 KB, 170x170)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>67775342
Ouch, sorry anon. I got my d&d group to give it a go once but the fact that they crit the lions ding dong and one of the players got offended by the dark merchant event left them with a foul taste. Fucking prudes.
>>
>>67774533
Gear, if it's available to be purchased you can see it. Rare gear, or gear that comes from events, or gear that comes from tables (Gormchymist, for example), is off limits.

For monsters, I've always had the rule that anything you see as part of hunt setup is fair game to check ahead of time, but anything inside a deck is hidden. Traits, what terrain will be present, the initial layout of the hunt, the basic action card, monster stats, numbers of cards etc -- all good, all fair game, all public knowledge. Hit locations and AI cards themselves? Hands fucking off.
>>
>>67775418
I should clarify, these are my personal rules at my table. As far as I know, there's no actual game rule either way about any of these things.
>>
>>67775448
That's how I run it too. Not being able to look up crafted gear is fucking stupid.
>>
>>67775418
I disagree with you about not looking at Gormchymist, considering how much of its mechanics are pressing your luck to get specific results.
>>
>>67772049

fucking GOTTEM
>>
>2/3 of the thread sides with Poots
>1/3 with logic
I guess that settles that then. Stop playing the game on E Z mode, you guys.
>>
>>67775342
I've had the same thing happen to me with Malifaux and Battletech. So sorry, Anon. People can be real assholes.
>>
How has everyone been fairing for storage solutions?

I'm thinking of commissioning a wooden box once we find out what the gambler's chest and campaigns of death adds. I was going to lump those two in with the Expansions of Death 2 release, but I am sick of using 1.5's box already and I'm too scared to commit until I know what's added for each monster.
>>
>>67777434
Part of me has given up trying to do more than I already have so I don't waste time before the 1.5 expansions release.
>>
>>67772487
Delet this
>>
>>67772487
That fucking KEYBOARD, holy shit!

I know some anon has done that paintscheme for the Screaming Ant, but I wouldn't have expected it to be so interesting on other monsters. Imagining what it would look like if a decent painter tackled that job, and I'm pleased.
>>
>>67777434
This is my hand-made storage solution. Currently it fits everything up to season 1.
The section on the left has all large terrain pieces and locations. Dice, pencils and erasers fit easily on the tray. Boards, and all rulebooks fit atop the this with plenty of space remaining. Smaller minis that I use a lot fit inside this box, but larger minis are taking up the top of my dresser.
>>
>>67778842
Whoops, forgot the pic. Here we go. It’s just foam board.
>>
>>67778858
That looks great! Did you 3D print it?
>>
Is there gonna be a sale for Gen Con or what?
I really fucking want a Novice, ebay is tempting me anons.
>>
>>67779346
You know I really fucking hope so, but we're so close to Black Friday (in the grand scheme of things) I'm concerned they will hold off until then to sell all the new content.

>>67779337
Probably not, it looks assembled out of foam core or something

>>67778858
>>67778842
>storing minis in the box
The absolute madman. I would love a storage solution to make this work, but I rather keep the box to game materials and keep all hobby materials separate.

I really want to buy a second 1.5 core box and buy a custom cut foam insert to store all the minis. The only one that wouldn't fit is dragon king though, so I'm considering making his head and wings removable (like I have done with the wings of my phoenix).

Cool job btw.
>>
Which is the best version of the Tabletop Sim mod for this?
>>
Still working on Hospitalar. I really want to pick up the Novice when the store updates, so hope to have her done by the time I get my hands on her.

What are you guys working on?

>>67769234
There are people who dont paint the rest of the base?

Also I should really make some survivors out of my kits
>>
>>67781648
I decided to freehand a bit on the base as well.
>>
>>67781659
Good job on that base anon.

Was that completely flat?
>>
File: kdr.png (291 KB, 349x505)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
I bought the Core Set 1.5 and Sunstalker expansion at Gen Con, and am already wondering how to spend more money on this game.
Which expansions does /tg/ consider must-buys/which upcoming expansions should I be keeping an eye out for?
What kickstarter deals do I still have a chance to get in on?
Bonus if these expansions are quarry monsters, I'll do anything I can to lower the repetition of hunting the same quarry too often.
>>
>>67783410
Gorm (starting monster), dragon dildo kang (new campaign), dung beetle knight (fun fight). I wouldnt worry about future expansions since they are years away. I have no idea if non-backers can get in on the black friday backer kit, but if you can then Gamblers expansion (formerly gamblers chest) and advanced kingdom death should be a priority.
>>
>>67783410
>>67783684
Abyssal woods and Silver city (together with lion god) expansions seem to add shitload of content as well (multiple monsters, alternate campaign, etc)
>>
>>67783730
But none of those are out yet though, right?
>>
>>67783938
Gorm, Dung Beetle Knight, and Dragon King are out. Sunstalker was a good pickup because new campaign.
>>
>>67781648
>>67781659
I love your Alice Hospitalar, Anon. Great work on the base freehand, it looks really convincing from far back. How much time did you spend on her?

>There are people who dont paint the rest of the base?
I don't normally have an issue with two tone bases, but you're right... that looks like straight up bare plastic.
>>
>>67783938
Lion God is out, and he WILL be required in order to play Silver City content -- However, you should know that they are going to upgrade LG to God status with an oversized AI deck that is impressivly hard. I understand that Lion God is already brutal as fuck but if you wanted to fight him as is before the update, could be a nice endgame expansion if you need more variety there.

Also if you end up hating the Kingsman fight, then Slenderman is a direct replacement for him in your campaign, and I've been told he has awesome gear cards and mechanics.

If you want some lower level content to fight to mix up variety, then I'd suggest Flow Knight. Amazing gear cards, a flavorful theme and beloved by Anna Poots.
>>
>>67784384
>recommending flower crutch
Please, if you're going to use this expansion, add cumbersome to the Vespertine Bow, and limit the free survivor event to once per campaign. If you don't, FK is legitimately game breaking, more so than any other individual expansion.
>>
>>67784459
I own everything, but I have not finished playing all of the content yet. Just basing it off of first impressions and what everyone else has said about it.
>>
How many attempts did it take you to beat the base campaign, /tg/?
>>
>>67785040
You mean without expansions, right?
>>
File: 1485785569740.gif (203 KB, 248x225)
203 KB
203 KB GIF
Will the store get more expansions in stock come black friday? I really wanna buy sunstalker and maybe Flower knight but they're sold out in the burgerlands US warehouses.
>>
>>67785579
Well short answer: They stock the store to the gill for every blackfriday sale.

Long answer: Yep
>>
>>67776920
>my appeal to the majority failed but I still win the semantics fight, right?
Fuck off, Luckfag.
>>
>>67785040
I've never beaten it because I'm still on my first campaign since wave 1 shipped of the second kickstarter.
>>
>>67786337
>tfw on your fourth campaign since then, none of which made it past LY10 because of irl short separating players
>>
SALES UP ALERT ALERT THE SALE IS UP
>>
>>67786491
What sale?
>>
>>67786607
The post GenCon sale.
>>
>>67786633
I still don’t follow. Do you mean that the season 1 expansions and such are now in stock online or there is an actual discount sale going on?
>>
>>67786491
Doesn't work on my machine.
>>
What's considered to be the worst KDM expansion?
Is there one you didn't particularly enjoy?
In the line at Gen Con I heard a couple dudes say Lonely Tree is lackluster
>>
>>67787675
Lonely tree just isnt as much content as the others

The worst is probably Green Knight Armor since its close to impossible to actually use and is very RNG based
>>
File: 1562706740739.jpg (202 KB, 1196x931)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>67786491
Stop teasing you fag
>>
>recently graduated from college
>live with parents temporarily
>plan on buying KDM for my brother and I eventually
>see it on sale at Gen Con and impulse-buy it
>now I spend my time posting here about it whenever I want to play it but can't because I don't want to look like a bum in front of my parents

I understand this problem would vanish once I get a job and move out, but I become pretty fixated on one hobby at a time. Right now I'm fixated on KDM, but I can't play it nearly as much as I want to.
>>
>>67789305
Is your house not big enough to facilitate playing kdm out of view from your parents?
There’s also tabletop sim to play it on a computer just to get your “fix”
>>
>>67782929
>>67784229
>Was that completely flat?
Ah, I lied! No it wasnt completely flat. I carved the basic rock shapes into plasticard. Also there's a piece of kd themed rubble I got from Rain City Hobbies.

Here's the Royal Chambermaid I assembled a few days ago. I think I'm going to do the same for the Paladin and Knight Variant for the castle base themed. I've got ideas to actually freehand some stone face details

>How much time did you spend on her?
Not even sure maybe 10-15 hours so far, but I started her in early July. I take very long on KD minis. I had to take a break from the Valentines Day 54mm pinup, but I'm not used to painting people in the larger scale, and I want to do something special for the base that I'm not sure of yet - the current idea is either a mini cake stand or foil paper for a cake board. In contrast it took me only 3-4 days to finish a Taunar
>>
>>67789389
my house is big, but neither my brothers or my room have any space to play. We've set up in the living room, and my parents are constantly passing through. It's not a case of me being worried that my parents are judging me for playing it, my dad has even shown sincere interest in the mechanics of the game (he can be an occasional dork himself). I just don't want them to worry that my bro and I are playing it so frequently that its getting in the way of job applications
>>
When do you guys decide to put together a new mini with fits from the different sprues?
I was thinking of doing a system of: if a survivor has at least 2+ hunt experience and they die> I would make a mini based off of what they were equipped with at the time (and there is no other mini that fits the general idea of what they had) but I’m super worried I would run out of bits if I went that route, so I was wondering what you guys do
>>
>>67789959
>if a survivor has at least 2+ hunt experience and they die
Terrible idea, as it is a revolving door of death. I made one male and one female from each armor set and saved the rest to immortalize survivors worth immortalizing in plastic. Ones that memory deserve to live on, not just any 2+ hunt exp survivor
>>
File: YOU blue ME green.jpg (750 KB, 900x506)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>67786491
ASS
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE
>>
>>67790883
Wow, what a faggot response
>>
File: so ronery.jpg (410 KB, 1200x1200)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>67787675
The Lonely Tree. Everything about that expansion is pretty terrible, besides the actual model itself which is fucking wonderful. It was like they abandoned development on it halfway through, and then slapped together what they had to push it out the door. The artwork is pixilated and poorly printed, the rules are rushed and basically non existent and the concept just feels all together a disappointment. I'm glad they are going to give it the love it deserves for CoD, but what a terrible value for gamecontent (again besides mini)

But I mean... why was I so compelled to own this thing? It is so beautiful and haunting. The fruits themselves can be taken off the tree and passed around.
>>
>>67789959
Honestly just use Poster Tack (3M grey) and partially assemble your armor kits. You can choose to save poster tack for just arms, heads or even the waist in order to give them a nice bit of variance.

Too lazy to dust my minis off right now, but I will post pictures for you guys later to demonstrate how liberating this is.
>>
File: 1559594283677.jpg (8 KB, 279x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>67791218
>Wow, what a faggot response
>>
>>67789305
>but I can't play it nearly as much as I want to.
Yo like... Just go to a FLGS or something to play? Or post online that you're looking for a game club and join one.
>>
I'm probably the only one but I'd love if they did a short vignette or 5 year campaign for something like the scifi series and the vagabond armor
>>
>>67791784
>only one
>kd
no
>>
File: scifi aya.jpg (232 KB, 1200x1116)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>67791784
I would kill for official KD:M SciFi support beyond pretty minis.

Never gonna happen at this rate though....
>>
>>67791920
The only road block imo is the scifi flower knight is pretty lame all things considered. So if they did through together a scenario for it I'm not sure he'd be able to support it as the monster
>>
>>67792081
Why do you hate biomechanical knight? He's cool as heck.
>>
>>67792273
I don't really think there's anything biomechanical about him. The katana is cool, but his color is drab and his actual pose isn't very interesting. He could be in a readied stance for the katana for a little more dynamic stance, or a big fancy basket helmet. Or if we're talking about other designs entirely we could have had an actual biomech scifi or alien monster
>>
>>67792365
Isn't the whole back of him just a person's bare skin with a big wire sticking out? I'd say that Anon was on the money with biomechanical.
>>
>>67792460
Looks like a body glove or something to me desu but I think that's moving away from the point that regardless of what you want to call it, it really doesn't strike me as an evocative design. Especially compared to the standard line of monsters
>>
File: sci fi savior.jpg (94 KB, 675x900)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>67792460
that's why I posted a picture exposing his back to highlight that point

>>67792510
I'm inclined to disagree with you. A SciFi swordsman with an elegant and streamlined design is more terrifying than something with tons of bits and bobs glued to it for the sake of complexity. I think their sci fi designs are all really quite wonderful, and I definitely want to see MORE monsters to get an understanding of what the landscape looks like.

But as I said, as much as I want to see more Sci Fi, at Poot's current rate of development I just don't see it happening in this lifetime.
>>
>>67792915
He does a scifi model every gencon doesnt he? As for the model I guess it comes down to a matter of taste. Scifi doesn't need to automatically be minimalist, you can look at all the other scifi models which have more in the way of detail, color, and much better poses. And if its a Poots monster I want something that actually looks like a Poots monster (if I only had one). Sculpted mechanical faces vomitting cables, skin and metal flowing into one another, eyes and sensors in weird places. Like the grandmother but with a scifi twist. I dont think the scifi flower knight is a succesful monster and probably the weakest of the scifi designs following Aya
>>
>>67793057
But he is terrifying BECAUSE of his poise and neutrality. I think they captured the feel quite well. It is a shame there is very little in the way of "Flower" about this flower knight, and Colors could very easily be changed if you don't want to do canonical silver
>>
>>67793099
He could have poise and still have a good pose like the hand, although even the god hand with an unsheathed blade is a better model right away if we are talking about pose alone
>>
File: neon flowers.jpg (417 KB, 2560x1600)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>67793099
He projects hard-light flowers all over the place with those circular emitters

There, I fixed the design.
>>
>I want to magnetize my survivors
>I want to use different flesh colors
>Can't have both, so things stay unpainted

It's a special kind of hell.
>>
>>67772791
>making it's way closer to half and half
Poots should really update his FAQ. There's more people out there confused about this than I thought.
>>
File: intimacy.jpg (187 KB, 900x506)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>67794296
If you paint them in Lokman's style, you don't have to worry about that at all! You cans till have different colored hair too, to make them all seem unique.
>>
>>67794352

I think that would be fukkin neato, but I've never seen it actually done before. Got any pics?
>>
How feasible would a print and play version be?
I have far too many minis to justify buying into this
>>
>>67794736
I want to make a demo version of the game to carry around. Or rather, a "shareware" version of it. Start with some resources, which can be used to make a limited selection of equipment, maybe get like 1 or 2 endeavor points to draw from a small deck of innovations, then you fight a lion with the prologue deck. Think there'd be enough there to see if people are interested or not.
>>
>>67794736
There are literally too many cards to do a print and play of.

The minis, you only have at most 5 of them on the table, unless it's against the spider who summons mini spiders.
>>
>>67772381
>not appreciating barrel chested ladies that can pick you up in their arms like a child.

Faggot.
>>
>>67794736
It wouldn’t come close to even a demo state unless you printed A LOT of cards, and at that point- just buy the game dude or play it on tabletop sim
>>
>>67794736
Other responders are actually retarded. Buy the vignette when it comes out it is literally a isolated demo
>>
Just rolled the Lantern Branding event for the first time:
We rolled "Tradition. Departing survivors gain +10 survival."
Does this take effect every time my survivors depart or just this lantern year? (I understand the survival limit)
>>
>>67796719
>isolated
Nope. Still requires the full game because it uses the lions AI sand HL cards.
>>
>>67797429
>full game
>lion cards
Durrrr
>>
File: 1564674802712.jpg (49 KB, 978x900)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>67797429
Vignette comes with a bunch of cards so youd only need some of the lion deck. Only problem is the vignette isnt sold yet
>>
I really want to buy the boxed set anons, is it worth waiting till Black Friday?
>>
File: slow heavy metal.jpg (50 KB, 960x960)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>Going into the butcher fight completely blind for the first time in my solo game
>Haha he probably isn't so bad
>First of his AI cards I pulled was hack city.
There were no survivors.
>>
File: Kingdom Death 25.jpg (151 KB, 600x499)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>67798418
Depends on what you mean with if it is worth waiting. IIRC the discount is $75 or so. You might earn enough dosh that the $75 difference isn't a biggy for you, or you might feel that you would get enough play time out of it that it is worth paying the full price, or you might feel you want to 'support the developer', or what have you.
>>
>>67798497
>$75
That's enough to snag a bunch of extras of another expansion.
I mean, I make enough that it isn't really a problem, but hey, 3 months is an ok wait time for a good deal. Gives me time to paint my backlog of GW/Legion stuff anyways
>>
File: 1556508683298.jpg (24 KB, 341x375)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>67798558
During black friday you can probably turn $75 into 2 expansions considering I picked up Gorm and DBK for $80 during black friday last year.
>>
>>67794335
nah there's just a ton of normies and redditors who think they get a pat on the back no matter what instead of just getting Fucked.
>>
>>67798600
Well shit, that sounds great, thanks anon.
>>
>>67798425

Well at least it wasn't Infinite Kick
>>
File: bun.jpg (28 KB, 717x402)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>67798710
Not sure what infinite kick is, but getting what felt like the ultimate 'fuck you' card was a good way to learn Nemesis monsters aren't the same as quarry monsters. I have a feeling I should fold this campaign and start anew since I lost all my good survivors.
>>
>>67798731
If Kick is the last card in the AI deck you could interpret it as infinite loop, but a better interpretation is to consider the card still in play when it tells you to draw a new AI card thus making the Butcher only do a basic attacc
>>
>>67799152
>deep breath
>nasal whine
but that's not how poots said it works he said it continues to draw itself over and over infinitely he even made a joke about it in the game itself jesus christ you casual why are you wrecking the game's internal balance by ignoring the creator's own words and not letting the monsters randomly kill everyone because one specific card got left my god anon git gud
>>
>>67801223

Applause.
>>
>>67801274
We're fighting the butcher not the lion knight you god damn charlatan.
>>
File: 1480916701313.jpg (75 KB, 768x960)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
What is it about KDM that caused it to earn 15 million dollars through kickstarter alone?
>>
>>67801223
PvP is a blight
>>
>>67802657
Thirsty geeks
>>
>>67802657
It’s an expensive game with lots of miniatures. It’s worth it’s weight in plastic alone (for people who are really into putting minis together and painting them). That aside, the game is a lot of fun and unlike anything else on the market for its mechanics and aesthetics. While it is a huge game, playing it isn’t very cumbersome at all.
In short, it’s good and worth it for people who want a good game with hours upon hours of replay ability or for people who just want plastic
>>
>>67802657
Mentally ill so.yboys like in your image.
>>
>>67802657
Never underestimate the power of cheesecake
>>
>>67802702
>>67802710
>>67802746
Do you people even play the game? I can’t imagine people go into another game’s general just to shitpost.
Oh wait, I forgot where I was for a moment
>>
>>67802806
>implying I'm not including myself in
>>
>>67802707
Sure its a good game, but its hardly unique in that regard. Plenty of good games hit KS and die in obscurity. You also have to consider that the first KDM kickstarter still earned a million basically on faith, while the two kingdom death esque projects before it had no such success. Ir also can't be cheesecake alone, other such products exist without hitting KDM levels or even close.

Normally Id next look for an existing brand or hype thet were riding but that cant be it. Even if it were possible, comparable licensed tg products havent been as big. Perhaps it could have been contextual, hitting the market at the right time, but that still begs the question of what the context was that led to suxh success, not to mention that lightning essentially struck twice.

Gives me the big think
>>
>>67802938
Might’ve been the exclusivity. The first run sounded like a good game like any other Kickstarter, and when it finally released, it wasn’t all just hype- it was good.
Problem was, only a handful of people got it, so when you had such a small group of people praising the game, it got everyone else curious, so when 1.5 came around, everyone was ready to jump on it because the game lives and breathes on this sense of “limited availability”. Hell, look at all those minis that come out which they only print like 500-600 of. People like the feeling of having something nobody else has
>>
>>67802938
Because Poots has a vision that isn't compromised by beancounters (other than himself), and his enthusiasm shined through in the original KS. And his vision is... I don't know if I should say unique, but it's rare how his monsters and world building come together compared to a lot of other IPs. For instance; how many settings are there with humans, orcs, elves, and dwarves? Hundreds? Thousands? How many settings are there like Poots?
>>
>>67803323
Yeah but I don't feel that necessarily explains the disproportionate success of the first kickstarter. I also remember for years following the first kickstarter many people had written it off as another scam, so there wasn't necessarily a lot of confidence and hype at the time, at least compared to the 1.5 kickstarter
>>
>>67803406
Don't forget weebs are used to paying A LOT for their stuff and with no other hobbies they have plenty of disposable income throw at something.
Basically Poots' gone whaling.
>>
>>67803404
Depending on what you mean by "like Poots" and if you seperate the setting (although I'd argue it isn't really a settingl and the presentation, there's Dusk Arena of Shadows and the Soulsborne series both come to mind as fairly similar.

It's also not unique to Poots that he's a madman with a dream. If you really dig through the dredges you'll find plenty of projects ran by other madman who are unwilling to compromise their creative vision. I think last week someone posted some art from an RPG that centered around playing druids and getting impregnated by monsters. I also think it kind of downplays the importance of people like Lokman who transform Poots vision into something presentable.
>>
>>67803429
The question remains: what made Poots able to whale so effectively?
>>
>>67803429
Dude, the anime and lewd themes are not really present in the base game, or even the core expansions. People who turn their nose up at the game and say it’s nothing but life and hometown really haven’t sat down to play it or put together the core game sprues. All the fan service is in the pinups and extras. Everything else is body horror and “grim dark”. It may be over the top, but I don’t think anyone is getting off on shit like Gorm, sunstaker, spidicules and so on.
>>
>>67803536
Yeah but you only know that after playing. Before that you see big titty anime girls and the anime artworks.
>>
>>67803590
The first piece of art on the kickstarter page is the Gambler
>>
File: rawhide.jpg (240 KB, 1225x660)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>67781648
>What are you guys working on?
I just finished the rawhide set. Happy with the results for the time invested but I would remove a couple steps next time, I can't wait to do the other armors.
>>
>>67803590
>Yeah but you only know that after playing
As someone who was in the first KD KS; no.
>>
>>67803590
The only reason people would think anime and tits are the focus of the game is because that’s what you want it to be after being terribly misinformed or you went looking for tits, so you found it. You are out of your mind if you look at either Kickstarter and think, oh yea, it’s all about tits, that’s why it’s received so well. If you can’t tell a pinup model is not meant to be taken as the core of a game- there’s no helping you.
>>
>>67805751
I don't think that's entirely fair; it seems to take at least some inspiration from 80s and 90s manga and as a result even the base game isn't afraid to show a little leg.

That said I do agree, the pinups are exactly that and are meant to be taken as bonuses and extras for people who love the models.
>>
>>67805349
Wow , good job anon!
>>
File: Hours-Ring.jpg (27 KB, 565x565)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Anybody have 1.5 gear/armor set scans?
>>
>>67783410
Of the stuff that's out there
God tier
Gorm: It's an early quarry, and helps spice up the starting section of the game, has good gear that offers solid alternatives to White Lion
Dragon King: Gives an alternate campaign, but the normal quarry isn't that great (armor is top tier, though)
Dung Beetle Knight: Great quarry, great gear, great hunt, makes Cooking a bit stronger, too
Slenderman: Replaces the Kingsman, is the only nemesis with a crafting system built in

Good tier
Manhunter: Entertaining, slightly tough fight. Has good rewards
Lion God: Late game quarry, has some of the toughest fights in the game, but every campaign you'll probably fight it three times, at most
Flower Knight: Easy quarry, good gear, basically exists as a "saving throw" for when you fuck up, can really save campaigns from bad decisions, early on

Meh tier
Lonely Tree: Probably not worth its price, considering the amount of content you get, but there's some real fun stuff from including it, anyway
Lion Knight: The fight is fun, but mostly it doesn't fit the feel of the rest of the game
Spidicules: Early quarry, fun fight, bad gear, non-fun mechanics

??? tier
Green Knight: No point getting it unless you have several other expansions, plus it's just an overpowered armor set that is difficult to build
>>
>>67806090
Thanks anon.
>>
>>67798425
For me, he pulled two moods right at the start. So he powered up, Super Saiyan style, and then tore my team to pieces.
>>
File: 1563895697427.jpg (67 KB, 405x683)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
What can I use as sleeves for settlement events?
>>
>>67805349
Post a painting guide please, you’re making me ashamed of my single-glaze blotch monstrosities with single color clothing
>>
>>67781648
>>67781659
Looking slick AF!
>>
>>67805349
These look really cool and makes me want to maybe paint my minis. Don't hate me for this but... I've never painted anything, where do I start?
>>
>>67809978
With zombicide or some other similar shit and not KDM
>>
>>67810286
but KDM is the only game I own
>>
>>67809631
Well the core steps are basecoating all the different parts with different kinds of browns and washing pretty much everything with agrax earthshade. Other than that, working the skin, outlining a bit, using reikland fleshshade on some areas and picking out details.

>>67809978
You can get some cheap minis from Reaper Bones or even a painting starter set from GW to practice a bit and get used to handling the brush and working with paints. Also, look up guides online, plenty of tutorials for novices out there.
>>
>>67810408
Buy some army men from the dollar store to practice on then. If you have never painted and think you will get anywhere close to >>67805349 this anons paint job you will be sadly mistaken. Also how does one only have KDM and no other board games?
>>
>>67810408
>no experience with the miniature hobby
>going straight for KDM
the absolute madman
>>
>>67811133
I did the same thing desu
>>
>>67809123
Anyone? I know I have to shuffle these cards too and don't want them getting too damaged.
>>
>>67813426
Use scribe
>>
>>67813426
I don't have mine sleeved but I remember looking it up a while back. Paladin, Mage, and Docsmagic all have sleeves specifically for settlement events. None of them fit as snugly as sleeves you can get for the regular cards but any protection is better than none.
There's also Ultra-Pro postcard-sized sleeves but they're a bit too small lengthwise, apparently. It seems they were the only option before the aforementioned brands released.
>>
>>67813916
>Mage sleeves
Fucking lol, you would have to be an idiot to even buy off of their store , fuck the kickstarter. I wasn't in the kickstarter but after all of the shit I read about mage I would not support them at all. I was however in one of Paladins kickstarters and would recommend them
>>
File: 1484090216983.jpg (161 KB, 1210x691)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>67802806
With friends like this....
>>
File: 1501210116957.gif (2.99 MB, 341x256)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>67813916
>Paladin is out of stuck
>Mage is perhaps one of the biggest scams of a ks i've seen
>docsmagic is all the way in bumfuck eurpoe so shipping and travel times would be a bitch
Well.
>>
>>67808043
>Lion doesn't fit the feel
Its pretty fucking Lantern Festival my dude
>>
Gonna call her done. I need to move on
>>
>>67815252
And I moved on to the Lantern Guard
>>
>>67815252
>>67815263
Always nice to see your paintings, Jones.
>>
>>67809123
you can use magic the gathering oversized sleeves for their planechase/commander stuff. I have them going through the top and it sticks out about a cm. You can then shuffle them until you get the needed size. I still use those because they fit into the mage sleeves, so doubling bagging 'em.

Or just get the phone app.
>>
>>67810408
You...wow... find some cheap minis off ebay. Doesn't matter as long as they are figures of course, no scenery or vehicles, re-prime and paint. Use the guides that come on line or with the figures.
Get good priming things, that first step can ruin your entire model by filling in the details with paint.
>>
>>67815263
Is that the pin up version?
>>
File: fujitakana-5.png (82 KB, 240x240)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>67809123
>back MAGE for base, current and future expansion tier during kdm kickstarter
>delays up the ass but promise to deliver before
KDM
>promise after promises weeks after week to deliver soon even after i get the game.
>play 2 times 2 days in a row to get most hype out of the system with brother and friend.
>everyone is really carefull and in the 16 hour playtime we have no accidents with no sleeves
>decide to wait for sleeves now because anxious
>still have to wait 7 months.
>finally get them and find out i was in the first wave of 10% of the people getting stuff
Sleeves are amazing but some people still do not have them
>>
>>67818454
No that's the only version.
>>
>>67815263
Mind if I ask what's your skin recipe? I rather like it.

>>67815252
She's beautiful, anon. Thanks for posting your progress.
>>
>>67819327

I still don't have mine, and frankly I doubt I ever will. I've moved since then, and I don't exactly trust MAGE to keep up on getting updated address information if they can ever be bothered to fulfill my pledge.

I really don't get it. They are a sleeve company. They make sleeves *all the time*. Plastic sheeting isn't exactly expensive either, and this is not some complex piece of untested engineering, so what the hell is making this so difficult for them?
>>
I'm tired of worrying about something happening to my board. Does anyone know a site where I could buy a backup playmat (or replacement board, though that seems very unlikely) with the correct dimensions?
>>
>>67809123
I went to print shop and laminated them.
>>
>>67820827
I see the board go for around 20 to 30 bucks on the bays.

I thought about applying a clearcoat over the surface of mine to prevent scuffs, but don't know how it would fold without crackling
>>
>>67820827
You can get the hard plastic board on the kickstarter but I would personally be even more concerned with damaging it (and my models falling over on uneven terrain)
>>
File: White speaker.jpg (62 KB, 500x828)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>67802938
Kingdom Death earned its fame through the limited release runs of very detailed minis sculpted in a very peculiar style that were coveted by many great painters. As such, even before KD:M was even announced, you had people waiting for new sales with a bated breath just to get their hands on the new models, as the skilled artists really knew how to bring out all of the detail on KD models and everyone wanted their hands on these limited run figures, myself included.

Kingdom Death earned a reputation of high quality minis and very limited runs from day one. That is why the kickstarter was such a massive success - everyone knew that they'd probably never see all those backer bonuses as separate releases EVER and so went onto a bidding frenzy. The fact that the game itself was actually fantastic only added to it all.

Ass & tiddies definitely helped it all, though.
>>
Are there lewds of KD? I especially want some of the young survivor
>>
>>67805349
Whoa didnt see this. Looks great!!

>>67816797
>>67819588
Thanks!!

>skin recipe
I'll be honest. I dont quite know for that one. I started with an airbrushed base coat of Pink Flesh from Scale75. Tried to airbrush highlight with Basic Skintone from Vallejo. They I tried basecoat in Cavalry Brown+Cork Brown with Basic Skintone, but it all just kept coming out as pink. Basic Skintone airbrushes on very thin and usually needs subsequent layers to get to that peachy color.

So after a few failed glazing attempts, I just decided to go in with a brush. Cavalry Brown+Cork Brown in the shaded areas (in VERY thin layers, because the pinkish skin was still there) and before it dried blended in Basic Skintone.

My usual colors are Cavalry Brown, Cork Brown, and Basic Skintones. But recently I've been playing around with all sorts of different methods including the Hospitalar
>>
>>67823219
Written, visual, audiovisual, illustrated novel?
>>
>>67823219
I doubt it. KD is niche as it is, and then specifically going for the young survivor would be even more niche.
>>
>>67823918
all of them
>>
>>67823750
I don't have an airbrush, but I considered getting into it purely to master skintone. From the sounds of it you are preferring the results from brushes better?
>>
>>67823219
I'm literally stunned there aren't more lewds of KD:M
Why haven't the Japanese caught on to this yet? It seems directly up their alley.
>>
>>67825104
>purely to master skintone
You don't master skintone with an airbrush.
>>
>>67823750
Painting minis sounds expensive, fuck.
>>
Is there a master list of custom content for the game? I'd love a showdown with the Halloween Satan, maybe even gear.
>>
>>67825957
Painting minis only require one or two good brushes, a few cheap ones, a dozen or so paints, primer and glue, sandpaper or files, and an exacto knife.

That's around $100 and most of it is a one time buy.
>>
>>67815252
amazing job on her!
>>
>>67815252
What's your photography setup? How many lights and how do you position them?
>>
Found the game through Tabletop Sim from a friend, a few weeks ago I shelled out and got my own copy of the game, it's very daunting and scary since this is my first time handling anything modeling, I can't even bring myself to paint them out of fear of screwing up irreparably.
I do want to ask though, what was your first time experience and thoughts on the game?
>>
>>67825104
Not necessarily. I like certain results I've gotten, but none of it required an airbrush. Like I said, I ended up brushing on her skin in the end. Also this>>67825924 You will not master skintones with it, and it's certainly impossible to paint details with an airbrush - like faces, scarring/bruising, eyes/lashes, blush, freckles, etc etc. The only reason I'm competent with the airbrush is because I learned all the fundamentals first with a regular one. With that said the airbrush is an excellent, but it's just another tool and has its place and limitations.

>>67825957
It can be I suppose, but I built up my paint collection over 8+ years of painting miniatures. I also only use 1 brush for all the basic and detail stuff, another I seldom use for very large surfaces, and a last shitty brush for Dry Brushing. A good brush will set you back a bit, but if you take good care of it, it'll last you a long time. And what >>67826387 said as well.

>>67827565
Thanks!
>>
Looking at picking up campaigns of death and the gamblers chest expansion when the PM reopens, does anyone have a rough estimate as to how much id be looking at for the two? thanks
>>
>>67828676
Last year it was around $220~ for the gc, and $120 for CoD, iirc

Both have more than likely risen in cost
>>
>>67828676
How could you be in on the kickstarter and not have gotten a gamblers chest for $50? I am kicking my ass I didn't buy an extra for $100 to cover a bunch of the costs of my Satans pledge
>>
Happy you folks are having fun. Way out of my price range. Still cool.
>>
>>67829601
Once you open the box you realize the price is actually reasonable , If you compared what $400 of Catan looked like compared to the KDM core box you would realize shit like Catan and many other games are way more expensive than KDM for what comes in the box
>>
>>67829601
Give it a try on Tabletop Simulator if you're curious! I think a few are a lil' sketchy, wonky or weird, but they're still nice, and they come with many expansions.
>>
>>67829742
It's not that I don't believe it's worth the price. It's just way up there for me personally.

>>67829811
Thanks for the idea. Too bad there isn't a cheaper version of the game for people to try at the table. I like how Gloomhaven went with cardboard to keep the price down. I know KDM isn't the same thing, but would be neat if more people had a lower priced way to get into collecting the game.
>>
File: Gorm a shit.jpg (385 KB, 1280x1280)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
I desperately want to resculpt some of the monsters (I'm looking at YOU Gorm) but I'm worried Adam is finally getting off his ass and touching up some of the classic expansions. Would you people still be interested in seeing a non-shitty Gorm custom?

If it's popular I could offer some recasts or something.
>>
We had a proper OP, please remember it this time if you want to make a NEW THREAD

(update the gambler's ETA to 2020 though)
>>
File: Death by Snu Snu.png (315 KB, 551x930)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
Goodnight sweet thread
>>
New thread pls
>>
>>67831046
this really eats my bones.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.