[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: For the warmaster.jpg (97 KB, 710x960)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Previously >>67675016 (Cross-thread)

>Thread FAQ(quite old)
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH rulebook(pdf) if down, use a proxy
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html
>MEGA (missing several redbooks, but its something)
https://mega.nz/#F!SJ8VFJxC!V2rD0wWIO4ye10AZ9PDzMg!3V0wyDJD
>Malevolence(pdf) if down, use a proxy
https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/7dnYrvdk/file.html
>Crusade Imperialis Redbook
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
>Astartes Army List Redbook
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>===/atg/ copypasta===

>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview

>More lists
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions

>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm

>Blessed Scanon
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediafire.com%2Ffile%2Fjidfcqy3bihaizl%2FTitanicus.zip%2Ffile

>AT: Titandeath
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iq88b5zmi5ime3i/Titandeath.zip/file

>AT: Moloch
https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/ZgjmAXdX/file.html

>Tactics
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>>
File: Icon_III.png (464 KB, 476x429)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>67736809
First for the best
>>
File: 20190809_141619.jpg (2.39 MB, 4128x2322)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
Wip dreadnought talon.
>>
File: DG85.png (1.19 MB, 1158x862)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
Post your terminators
>>
File: Imperator Titan.jpg (297 KB, 1324x1000)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>Custodes: No, this can't be happening, I am in charge here!
>Titan: Do you feel in charge?

that being said, what is the best choice for a shooty Reaver Titan?
Rockets or Turbolasers on back?
Arms?
Can I get away with skipping on Melee weapons if I use a Knight Screen?
>>
>>67737390
Rockets are school the best carapace usually. If you want the patrician 2xccws, TLD is good to have. Otherwise gatlings for dakka and the melta can really get the hurt on shieldless titans, or the Volcano in you need long range with Venator maniple.
>>
Reposting my "Ordo Reductor nicking shit and doing Stealth Macrocarid" list.

3k list
Ordo Reductor Istvaan III Survivor Force:

Calleb Decima, cyber-familiar (190)
Macrocarid DT, flare shield, Irrad sponsons, lascannon, Armoured Ceramite, Explorator Web (335)
Archmagos Reductor, Machinator, Djin-skein, 2 Occularis, Cyber-familliar, Phosphex Bomb, Rad Nades, Warlord (275)

3x3 Thallax, 1 Photon Thruster per squad, Tank Hunters (180x3)

Tech-Priest Auxilia, 2 Adepts, Enginseers, 1xservo-arm servitor (90)
3 Secutors, plasma fusils (240)

3 Destructors, Irrad Engines (255)
2x Medusa arty tanks, Machine Spirits, Siege Plating (310)
Sic. Arcus Strike Tank, lascannon sponsons, Skyspear Warheads, Armoured Ceramite (280)

Allied Detachment, Iron Warriors:

Warmonger, artificer armour, combi-plasma, Charnabal Sabre (125)
10 man Tactical squad, artificer armour, nuncio-vox (145)
Fire Raptor gunship, hellstrikes, quad-bolters with Shatter Shells (220)

Total 3k exactly.

Decent number of scoring troops, Decima leads the Secutors in the Macrocarid, Warmonger helps DS the irrad-engines into place, pops 2+ sarges and has a neat WS5 Power Fist that the Destructors give Preferred Enemy to. Decided not to give the tacs a power weapon if they're just going to be standing around on home obj. trying not to die.
Could cut the Arcus' Ceramite and get pintle bolters on the medusae. Worried about lack of AP2 and anti-AV14.

Will make a different version of this list with 2x2 Medusae and an Avenger fighter with Krakens rather than the Destructors and IW allies once I've worked out how to rejig everything, which would probably be superior but doesn't have deepstriking rad-engine nonsense.
>>
>>67737500
for a longe range Reaver, wouldn't Two Volcanos and a carapace Turbo Annihilator be preferrable?
>>
>>67737356
I can only post my Terminator(1) right now
>>
>>67737739
forgot my One Terminator
nice
>>
File: bane-mask.png (444 KB, 581x823)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>67737390
Bane mask style knight head when?
>>
>>67737589
That's a lot of potential plasma draining. Warlords are better for that kind build I would say but depends if you got a legio bonus
>>
File: 1547009867498.png (4.43 MB, 1228x1719)
4.43 MB
4.43 MB PNG
>>67737531

Warmonger has power fist rather than sabre, oops.

The "original Reductor list only, no allies, final destination" version of that list is something like:

Decima
Archmagos (as before, with more Occularii)

3x3 Thallax as before
Enginseers as before
2 Adepts with Conversion Beamers, Reductor

Macrocarid
Secutors
2x2 Medusas, MS, Siege Plating, combi bolters
Arcus as before

2x Avenger fighters, krakens and Servitor Control.

Add and remove some upgrades to shuffle points around. Very simple, very shooty, everything has stealth on turn 1, macrocarid boosts reserves for DS Thallax and planes. If it runs away it gets beamed, if it stays close it gets shot with artillery, irradiated or pounded with mass plasma. Either way it eats Arcus rockets.

Tempted to make two of the artillery pieces Colossus Bombards for big dick Massive Blast cool points just to show off the dakka, since I no longer need them to crack tanks with the Avengers around.

Does mean I have to buy a carpark's worth of arty, but I guess this is the Ordo Reductor and I was already going to build two planes with magnetised hardpoints to be valks or Arvuses or, I suppose, Avengers.

The basic bitch list may be better than the complicated one now I think about it, if less wierd.
>>
>>67737589
Also TLD aren't as long as Apoc Missiles
>>
Was the standard Mars pattern Vindicator around during the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>67738151
All Mars pattern vehicles that have an entry in the army list are ok to use. Some look better than others though
>>
Posting my list to bump the thread

HQ...210pts

Praetor (jetbike, Iron Halo, Digital lasers, paragon blade)
210pts

Elites...530pts

Legion veteran squad (+5 veterans, 8 Power Swords, pair of lightning claws, Power glaive, Artificer armour)
295pts

Contemptor cortus (dreadnought ccw, dreadnought drop-pod)
235pts

Troops...765

Jetbike sky hunter squadron (+2 jetbikes, Sergeant, Power glaive)
245pts

Legion Outrider squad (+2 outriders)
150pts

Legion Outrider squad (+2 outriders)
150pts

Legion recon squad (+5 Recon marines, Nuncio vox, Recon armour, Rhino)
220pts

Fast attack...860

Storm eagle (lascannons)
250pts

Legion seeker squad (+3 marines, 8 Combi-plasmas, Land raider proteus, exploratory augury web, armoured ceramite)
505pts

Legion javelin (lascannon, 2 hunter killer missiles)
75pts

Heavy support...165pts

Legion Vindicator (Laser destroyer array, Armoured ceramite, havoc launcher)
165pts

Chogorian brotherhood, vets are weaponmasters in the storm eagle, praetor chills with the jetbikes

Not really bothered about being too competitive, as long as it's fluffy and fun
>>
File: 1460567833978.png (322 KB, 295x542)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>67739966
ah shit forgot to put it's 2500pts
>>
To whomever worried last thread about the inferno pistol on my Blood Angels chaplain being drilled, IT SHALL BE DONE.
>>
I want to _hug Fulgrim! Model when?
>>
>>67740425
Coming soon to 8e near you!
>>
File: 1460246449065.jpg (152 KB, 572x814)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
When are we getting rules for rogue trader militants that were teased?

Shit, when are we getting actual imperial army rules?
>>
>>67739966
Looks fun but I recommend trying to swap out the Vindicator for a Sicaran Venator for better tank killing ability.

Also the Dread looks great but he’ll die instantly unless you drop him behind vehicles or terrain.
>>
>>67740862
>Shit, when are we getting actual imperial army rules?
It was going to be in the Siege of Terra book, but they had to remove it to make room for the Primaris Space Marine TM list after they retcon the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels into using them during the Siege.

Also retconning it into being a Primaris Lieutenant that Horus kills in front of the Big E.
>>
>>67740862

I keep seeing this rogue trader militant "teased" thing pop-up this past week, but I've yet to see any actual source for it. When and where was this mentioned?

As for proper Imperial Army rules, settle in for the fucking long haul. Imperial Militia are still stuck with an army list that was thrown together in an afternoon, and the solar auxilia range has been on a long decline of LCTB.
>>
>>67741233
I remember FW mentioning Rogue trader militants around the time book 6 came out

In fact I'm pretty sure they're mentioned in one of the black books in a weapon description or something, where it states that whatever it is can be taken by rogue trader armies
>>
>>67740891
Honestly the dread is only there to pop deathstar-carrying spartans or punch some big tanks

Feel like I'm missing out on dedicated anti-tank a bit, and I've actually got enough points for a venator cause I'm a retard and added up my fast attack wrong, so I've got thirty more points to play with. I'm either considering swapping the vindi with a venator, or adding melta-bombs to my jetbikes and praetor.
>>
File: Page265.jpg (1.42 MB, 2584x3499)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>67741233
All the way back in HH Book 2.
>>
>>67737390
You want something that can damage shields on every Titan, so if you have the dual turbo laser consider a Gatling arm + whatever other arm you have

I ran a 5 turbo laser barrel + fist reaver and he was basically not a threat at all until turn 3, whereas if he had missiles he could have been barraging shields from turn 1
>>
>>67737589
You would be reliant on other titans or knights to down shields for you, also laser blasters get a negative modifier over 16” while missiles get a bonus when firing over 30”
>>
>>67743960
right, so missiles are the overall better option, they are superior against shields aswell I suppose?
What can reliably tackle shields at long range?
>>
>>67743944
>>67743960
But more importantly, missiles look cool as shit.
>>
>>67744002
They’re the long range anti shield weapon yes, because they have the most attack dice and with barrage+long range they can hit behind buildings on a 4+

Their downside is that once shields are down they’re basically fishing for 6’s to even get direct hits and only sometimes.

Don’t get me wrong the turbo laser carapace is fine, you just want to have one arm that has high volume of attacks to make up for it which is exactly why the Gatling blaster exists.

This is less important on the warlord who generally you want firing last at unshielded targets anyway.

If you play legio defensor like me, you want to stack missiles and then bring a warlord with at least volcano arm (that you deploy last in direct LoS of some other Titan) so you can dump 15-20 missiles into one hapless Titan before playing your shoot twice stratagem to dump 2 volcano cannon shots into an unshielded Titan turn 1 before your opponent can even roll any dice besides for set up.
>>
>>67744083
so if I take two Reavers with Hellfire Missiles, Gatling Blaster + Volcano Cannon they should be shooty at all ranges and be able to deal with shields?
>>
>>67744157
That’s not a terrible combo, it can certainly strip shields quite well up close
>>
>>67744198
how is that new Warp Missile?
It's a single use weapon afaik
>>
>>67744251
Yep it’s single use, kind of gimmicky but fun
Basically it’s a 30% percent chance to dump a critical straight through void shields on turn 1/2, 30% chance to do a few structure points of damage through voids and a 30% chance to just plain whiff unless you have a stratagem because you still have to roll to hit and it’s on a BS3+ platform
>>
What do I need for a decent 1k Word Bearers army? I already have a box of Mark III Marines that I'm thinking of putting together as Veterans but I'm not sure what to buy next.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (13 KB, 194x259)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Hey guys, I'm looking to get pic related to go toe-to-toe with a FW warlord in my group, but I also want to get into titanicus and have the big guy match the little guy. How should I load out a warlord titan to do maximum damage to other titans in 30k and still be viable in titanicus with respect to my reactor?
>>
>>67744343
A grip of people use dreads, anything cheap would work. Speeders, sicarans, maybe dick bikes, a whirlwand scorpius aren't bad either.
>>
>>67744316
could you fit two on a Warlord?
>>
>>67744540
No it’s reaver only

Best warlord carapace is generally going to be apocalypse missiles, laser blasters and Gatling blasters

Laser/Gatling blasters stand out because they’re reaver arm weapons, not carapace, so are actually quite a bit stronger than the other options (but much more expensive)
>>
>>67744448
With warlords almost any build is viable as long as you remember to take at least one long range gun and preferably two. Remember he’s slow for a Titan in AT.

From there you basically just get a more expensive or cheaper warlord depending.

That pic is kind of an odd ball because his carapace weapons don’t match for some bizarre reason but otherwise he has a laser blaster carapace (the three barrel one), a macro Gatling blaster and a quake cannon. Which is a decent enough build for AT I suppose, not super expensive.
>>
>>67744448
Lucius Patterns for AT when?
>>
>>67744673
The lucius model is exactly why warlords have a twin turbolaser carapace option so

Eventually
>>
>make Praevian and Mortificator into specializations that a Forge Lord can take similar to how mechanicum tech priest auxilia squads work
>Forge Lord can choose to be either regular forge lord, robot guy or dread guy
>make praevian and mortificator able to take techmarine equipment like regular forge lord
>make regular forge lord able to take a techmarine retinue
>>
how are the acastus in AT for fire support?
>>
File: Fulgrim Guilliman.jpg (92 KB, 785x960)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>67740425
Soon, fellow degenerate.
>>
>>67744790
Fucking overpowered because they’re undercosted. The blatantly outshoot turbolaser warhounds
>>
>>67744841
oy vey, my poor wallet.

Any news on more weapon options for Knights and Titans when? Usually FW is already waiting with weapon kits whenever something releases.
>>
>>67744887
The warp missile for the reaver just came out this week and they’ve shown the sprue for the knight upgrade kit and the CAD design for the warlords Gatling carapace

So they’re coming along at a good pace, I hope the warbringer gets made soon, a medium with a quake cannon will be pretty sweet
>>
>>67744902
The Warbringer looked like a custom kitbashed reaverwarlord to me, he is insanely detailed for a shop model but props to them I guess.

Got any link on those sprues?
>>
>>67744937
Gotchu senpai
>>
>>67744937
Fucking wrong one ugh
>>
I'm moist now

I'm half tempted to get some of these guns and turn them into Titan Sized Defensive Gun Platforms
>>
>>67744993
Perfectly reasonable, based AND red(planet)pilled
>>
I want plasma Weaponry for all my Knights and Titan Classes, get on it Geedubs
>>
>>67745004
Just need plasmas on reavers and knights

Frankly a plasma blastgun carapace for a reaver is a super easy houserule and conversion too since it’s just a warhound arm
>>
>>67745022
but they don't sell them seperately afaik, do they?
Don't really want to buy a Warlord every time I want to kit out a Reaver with a Plasma Annihilator
>>
>>67745045
It’s the warhound arm, not the warlord

And you get 2 plasma guns per warhound box
>>
>>67745129
rigth, Blastgun not Annihilator
Could a Reaver fit an annihilator
>>
so for a shooty Titan Army I want Plasma Generator Strongpoints nearby, anyone got experience with them in the field? Worth it?
>>
>>67745304
No, the annihilator is as tall as the reaver

>>67745358
They're okay but generally stratagem cards are stronger
>>
>>67745392
specifically the Plasma Generator, or several would be useful to recharge a shooty Titan though?
>>
Has anybody tried a double plasma annihilator/paired laser blaster warlord out?
How did it perform?
>>
>>67745448
no, but I want to
>>
>>67745427
Unless you're going twin volcano cannons the warlord has enough servitors to reliably vent quite a bit of plasma if it has to.

If anything I would get the Void Shield Relay for some sick rerollable 3+ void shield saves on your shooty warlord.

>>67745448
I did something very similar with plasma+gatling+laser blasters

you realize its a mistake when turn 1 you're out of range on everything besides your laser blasters.
>>
>>67745557
I'm specifically talking Shooty Reavers, but why not Shield and Plasma Generators both?
Seems like an ideal support asset for a line of shooty reavers
>>
Here's my blackshield army of dark compliance reviewed after the feedback.

2000 points
Chymeriae option 1

Reaver Lord w/ halo blade, digital lasers, artificer armour, iron halo = 205

Praevian w/ combi flamer. 3x vorax with frag grenades and bio corrosive rounds. Unit has scout = 335

Force Commander w/ power weapon, digital lasers, carapace armour. Alchem-jackers provenance of war = 105

5x Terminators. 4x with power fists, 1x heavy flamer. Sergeant w/ grenade harness = 215

14x marauders. Unit w/ shotguns. 2x w/ plasma guns. Chief with plasma pistol and power weapon = 294

20x militia w/ lasguns, vexilia. Sergeant with power weapon = 75

20x militia w/ lasguns, vexilia. Sergeant with power weapon = 75

Spartan w/ flare shields and armoured ceramite = 370

Leman Russ w/ lascannon = 155

Leman Russ w/ lascannon = 155

The Lord, force commander and marauder squad will all ride in the Spartan.

Any feedback??

Also I wanna have 2500 points as the full force. What else should I add? Was thinking of a leviathan and some militia rapiers but thats too many heavy support choices. Was even thinking a militia baneblade. Any ideas appreciated.
>>
>>67745640
Most missions only give you 3 stratagem points, either shield or plasma cost 2 each.
>>
>>67745669
so in that case Shield takes priority.
>>
>>67745683
I would carefully consider your Legio stratagem as well, a few help with long range shooting.
>>
>>67744748
Had. Now everyone takes the triple turbo-laser because they're pushing it everywhere and twin-laser options are harder to come by.
>>
>>67745703
I'll pick up the rulebook later today and look through the shooty options, there's still some time until my Models arrive and I'll figure out how to build them in the meanwhile, in terms of size comparison to 40k scale, how large are reavers? Dreadnought?
I think Warlords are almost Knight sized IIRC?
>>
>>67745709
doesn't the Reaver get twin Laser carapace?
>>
>>67744774
yeah, lets make forge lords totally OP
>>
>>67745717
Reavers are taller than dreads, shorter than armigers.

Warlords are smaller than knights.

Both have a ton of parts though and are much more detailed than normal GW kits.

>>67745709
>had
It has rules and a weapon card in AT, its a perfectly legal carapace option.

>>67745724
It does and yes you could use two of those on the warlords shoulders if you really wanted.
>>
>>67745758
noice
>>
>>67745724
Sure. It's not impossible to get, you just need two Reavers for one Warlord. In 40k the FW Primus Redoubt comes with a twin-turbo-laser that looks like it'll fit on the back of a titan. Just £137 per, and you're left with a fortification tile minus the gun.
>>
>>67745742
could slap support leader on them as well?
>>
>>67745783
if the each of the reavers can fit one of the warlords carapace weaponry it would be a decent switch
>>
Holy shit I used my Thunderhawk for the first time last night and it was fucking spectacular.

>Thunderhawk arrives Turn 2
>Turbo Laser annihilates 2 Land Raiders with its opening shot and knocks out 3 Quad Mortars with other guns
>Turn 3 it hovers, drops out 20 Tacticals and a Contemptor on an objective, and then fries 3 Basilisk Tanks with missiles and Turbo Laser
>Turn 4 it continues to harass enemy infantry and wipes 15+ Marines
>Survives to end of game tanking a lot of return fire

This thing was fantastic and downright worth 800+ points. Definitely wanting to use it again.

Fuck the Iron Warriors
>>
>>67747462

I've been considering running one in a Recon Company but only have 750pts to spend, which means battle cannon rather than lasers. Do you think that would be a deal breaker?
>>
>>67747462
>>67747615

D adds a lethality to your list that you just won't get anywhere else. Even at 3k points it can feel mightily unfair. Is a Thunderhawk worth the points without D? Doubt anyone has enough data and experience with Thunderhawks.

You can afford either a 12/12/12 or 12/13/11 Thawk. Ramjet is probably the better option considering the huge side arc you'll have.

You're also putting like 1200pts (with transported units) on one reserve roll. If you're unlucky for a couple of turns you'll be outnumbered 2:1 for the duration so you might want to cover yourself for that scenario.

>>67747462
Gratz, I bet it's one of those lifelong dream things.
And just imagine.. the Stormbird is still a bunch better...
>>
>>67747615
Always do Laser. Battlecannon is great for hordes but so is everything else.

>>67747737
That’s on the “To Buy” list for next year. Big IF centerpiece.
>>
File: AQUILA-LANDER.jpg (53 KB, 640x544)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>67747755
I have this idea, let's call it a dream, of an IF Stormbird modeled to have wings and a command capsule like pic related. As a (better) representation of the Aetos Dios.
>>
File: 1483392967171.jpg (163 KB, 1080x1340)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>67747462
Watch your tongue!
>>
>there are people in this thread that complain about how SW Varagyr look like but are completely ok with Firedrakes
>>
>>67748390
What's wrong?
>>
>>67748390
I personally can't take anyone without a gun serious
>>
>>67748445
What the fuck are you doing with Warhammer?
>>
>>67748390
Whle these miniatures are the same sculpt in different poses, ultimately that's... actually a good thing for what is meant to be a consistent unit formation.

For a very elite unit with high customisability, that shouldn't fly, but for rank and file with very consistent gear that's perfect. And for special characters with completely locked gear, that would be a dream come true.

For these guys, it's meh; a neutral. And the sculpt is great.
>>
File: PLASMA, BITCH.jpg (138 KB, 622x1075)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>67748534
dissolving retards from 20ft away
>>
>>67748445
Agreed. You can't melee if you're shot to shit.
>>
>>67748560
Which retards would those be? The guys barrelling towards you in a Spartan, with storm shields and power weapons?
>>
>>67748615
How do you propose that happens?
>>
>>67748853
across an open field, with no option to retaliate until they reach our ranks
>storm shields
tough, but not invincible
>>
File: IMG_20190810_180419.jpg (440 KB, 936x1248)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Started building a chaplain. Now I'm wondering if this dude could also pass as a herald. What are you guys working on?
>>
>>67748560
>Guardfags
>>
>>67748960
Which makes what difference exactly?

>tough
>a 3+ invulnerable save
>"tough"
>against a plasma gun
>>
>>67749573
it doesn't matter how the rules have to make models viable, I wouldn't want to be caught on a battlefield without a gun.
>>
>>67736809
Sorta thinking about what weapon to give my BA Assault Sergeants
I mean axes/fists would normally be the go-to but it means you lose Judgement of Angels’ +1 initiative, so I’m wondering if a sword with that improved wounding BA’s get might be a good idea
>>
>>67749023
That looks dope as hell
What are the parts from?
>>
>>67749870
body and arms from the traitor librarian, crozius and fist from the minotaur chaplain, volkite charger from IH iron father
>>
>>67744841
> turbo laser on warhound
Literally who. Ever.
The only weapons that exist for warhounds are megabolters, and plasma blastgun.
No reason for ANY other weapon.
>>
>>67748960
>A guardsman requires 14 plasma gun shots to kill a firedrake on average
>Will die from his own gun before he successfully kills a firedrake on average
>>
>>67745358
They suck.
Mobility is key in this game, anything that restricts it sucks.
ONE Belicosa Cannon shot at a Titan near it has a good chance of killing it as a side effect of shooting you
>>
>>67749610
I would rather not have a gun in 40k as being a guy with just a big sword or hammer generally means I am elite and too important to die, those guardsmen and marines who are sensibly armed die by the hundreds of thousands.
>>
>>67749944
muh flamers
muh fun
>>67749964
Honestly this, your warlord will "hang back" not because he wants to but because he's 4/6"
>>
Are AL headhunters still shit?
>>
File: 20190810_122934~2.jpg (264 KB, 1594x745)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Some test models for my Night Lords with contrast using Leviadon Blue. They were all primed with vallejo grey. The first two were sprayed with Vallejo Imperial Blue, and the third was Vallejo Steel. The middle was washed with I think nuln; it was done awhile ago while I was testing colors. All three were painted with the Leviadon. I like the last one from afar, but up close bits too metallic for my wanting. Overall, I'm pleased, but it needs more playing I think.
>>
>>67750092
Oh yes
>>
>>67750435
I'll stick to veterans then.
>>
>>67750206
I just used Kantor Blue for my NLs, sorry not pics.
>>
>>67745557
If it matters I run legio astorum so I can move somewhat faster
>>
people like to shit on how Roboute managed the Empire, but what would other Primarchs have done better in his stead?
>Dorn
Hurr build a million fortresses
>Khan
Hurr go fast and attack the Eye of Terror
>Lion
Hurr I won't tell
>>
File: 20190810_142045~2.jpg (260 KB, 1227x1396)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>67751242
That's what I used before, but I've been too lazy to feed it into my airbrush like a scrub. This is mostly because I don't feel like buying a new pot and transferring it while also fucking with the consistency because GW like to fucking dry out on my fucking needle without fail.
>>
File: Boopparty.gif (454 KB, 485x521)
454 KB
454 KB GIF
OK, decided to leave out the fancy tricks and just build a very shooty, very simple Ordo Reductor list. Would like to squeeze in a Conversion Beamer Auxilia squad for my Archmagos to run with but they're 135pts and I'd rather have a fuckton of upgrades than two more long-range blasts. Will have to settle with sticking him in with the Adepts and having him light anyone who deepstrikes nearby the fuck up with phosphex and inferno pistol before charging in with 6 S6 AP2 attacks and rad nades. Enginseers are there to keep the massive pile of tanks in good nick with 2x2+ battlesmith and be ablative wounds.

3k Istvaan 3 Survivors Force

Calleb Decima, cyberfamilliar (190)
Archmagos Reductor, Machinator, Phosphex Bomb, Cyberfamilliar, Djin-Skein w/ 3 Occularis, rad grenades (290) Warlord, if I needed to say.

3 Thallax, photon thruster, Destructor (175)

Calleb's Macro DT, Explorator Web, lascannon, sponson irrads, flare, ceramite (335)
3 plasmafusil secutors (240)
Techpriest Auxilia, 2 adepts 5 servitors, Enginseers, 2 servo arms (100)

Avenger Strike Fighter, battle servitor control, 2x Krakens (190)
Avenger Strike Fighter, battle servitor control, 2x Krakens (190)

2 Medusas, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, TL Bolter (320)
2 Medusas, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, TL Bolter (320)
Sicarian Arcus Strike Tank, skyspear and pyrax warheads, armoured ceramite, lascannon sponsons (300)

What do you think? Too much cancer, not enough cancer, can I kill AV14 reasonably well, are there any autotake Avenger upgrades I've missed?
>>
>>67751225
Seekers are very playable and do job that you'd want Headhunters do. But I'm guessing you are looking for something that can act as troop replacement.
>>
>>67751279
>Khan
Make it through the Ruinstorm and actually show up for the siege of Terra, oh wait
>>
>>67749610
Which leads us right back to >>67748534
>>
>>67751954
there are more than enough guns in 40k and 30k fren
melee tards are not obligatory
>>
>>67751579
Yes, since Vets score.
>>
>>67751981
You just shot your own argument in the foot with that one; if 40k and 30K have "more then enough guns", why are you all whine and complain about >>67748390 ?

And if you are not that anon, fuck off and lurk more; you haven't learned not to involve yourself in arguments you haven't fucking read
>>
>>67751497
Gotcha, yes well the GW pots are terrible anyways, I'm slowly shifting to vallejo and army painter because drop bottles.
>>
>>67752195
I just haven't found a good replacement for kantor yet, sadly.
>>
>>67752128
Seekers also score, but are always a FA choice.
>>
>>67752137
I don't think you understand the original argument, or the latest post, by more than enough guns, I meant there are enough guns in the range to avoid taking melee units into an army.
And the original Argument was not complaining about melee in general, but that pure melee units look ridiculous, most of them at least bring a sidearm or have a hybrid weapon like fist mounted bolters, but some bring nothing to shoot with at all, so that means if an Eldar decides to dance around him just out of range, his only option would be to throw his hammer after him.
>>
>>67736809
>glowing red, spikes everywhere and heads hanging from his belt
I haven't read the later traitor POVs, but does Horus still think he's the good guy?
Does anyone on his side?
>>
>>67745667
I thought Militia Rapiers were Elites?
>>
File: SoH Marine.png (831 KB, 466x776)
831 KB
831 KB PNG
To be fair, the spike and head taking is not a new thing. In Cthonia warrior culture taking the head of a worthy foe was already a practice; SoH marines would do the same as even before they rebelled.
>>
>>67752597
meant for >>67752452
>>
>>67752423
It is you who does not understand a point as simple as >>67748534 , which is indicated by your refusal to meaningful address the question after your first attempt (>>67748560) was quashed
>>
Is all the new in threads lately something to do with the axeing of eightchan, or is it coincidental?
>>
File: 22.jpg (254 KB, 792x792)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>67749023
I thought all traitor legion chaplains were purged?
>>
>>67752648
you are under the impression someone who thinks pure melee units look laughable has no place in Warhammer
you are exactly the kind of person the "drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword" meme is making fun of
The failure to comprehend not everyone who is into Warhammer is also a Brain Nailed Idiot dual wielding Chain Axes.
>>
>>67752709
You now remember the Word Bearers and realise that what you said is pretty stupid.
>>
>>67752814
It may be retarded but you also have to consider that thunder hammers and power fists are stronger than almost every man portable gun in the game so there is a reason for them to exist
>>
What book should I look in for the Zone Mortalis rules? Googling provides no answers.
>>
>>67752936
I don't deny that melee weapons have they uses, but omitting a firearm in favour of another Melee Weapon is pants on head retarded.

They become useful in one specific purpose in one specific situation, and only really against enemy infantry, as opposed to Tactical Marines they are Impractical Marines.
Terminators bring Stormbolters since Time in memoriam for a reason, because having something to shoot at short to medium ranges is useful
>>
>>67753183
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Zone_Mortalis_Expansion.pdf
>>
>>67752814
Indeed, since that is the correct impression.
That you wildly misunderstood a simple meme says it all.

>>67753232
Fucking imbecile, you keep trying to real world your way out of a contrived work of fantasy.
>>
>>67753307
>you keep trying to real world
no?
Ranged weaponry offers utility in fantasy too.
The only way Melee Only can work in Setting is through copious amounts of plot armour and writer fiat tailoring the situations where the individual is never negatively affected by his lack of ranged options.
It has nothing to do with Real Life, but well established In-Universe logic and precedent.
You just try to "lmao shut your brain off it's Phantacy" your way out of this argument now
>>
File: Fulgrim11.jpg (272 KB, 1090x1222)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>67753232
>>67753307
Everyone knows that by rules of modern warfare, 40k makes no sense. It's not supposed to. It's supposed to appeal to your inner kid by applying the Rule of Cool.

So can we stop having an argument for arguments sake, you guy's aren't being comfy.
>>
>>67753477
>modern warfare
again, in a universe where plasma weaponry and volkite Chargers exist, larping as a medieval knight is not very viable even in Universe
Note: Even Grey Knights bring Guns because they are not retarded
>>
>>67753470
Legend of the Galactic Heroes had armor able to resist the laser weapons used, but regular projectiles and melee weapons still worked.
>>
Baldness is for the weak
>>
>>67753470
Or, you know, having said lack of ranged options become a problem when they're unsupported.

Firedrakes do not an army make.
>>
>>67753893
>we live in a society
>>
>>67753893
>We live in a Society
>>67753919
so they need to be babysitted by Gunchads anyway
>>
>>67753931
>>67753950
Not sculpted, but what?
>>
>>67754027
Gamers rise up.
>>
>>67754027
it's a Joker meme
>>
>>67754064
But he doesn’t look like Joker at all?
>>
File: Image2.jpg (146 KB, 540x570)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>67754159
>>
>>67754278
>BOTTOM TEXT
>>
>>67753893
It's alright anon, I don't get them either.

Looks nice though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.