[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Goblins? I've seen goblins feed a child to a dog and have mother watch
>I've seen goblins make a boy dance on coals by poking him with spears
>I've seen goblins use chisel to cripple a man and let him struggle with busted knees and elbows
>But demons, my friend ... Demons are far beyond that.

How do I make demons more sadist/scary then warcrime-tier gobbos?
>>
>>67219067
You know the answer
read crossed
rape. lots and lots of rape. with big ol spiky dicks shooting acid jizz
>>
>>67219067
Simple.
>(See your own quote.)
>>
>>67219067
Make the daemons eternally revive the tortured subject.
Also the fun detail of making them think they escaped and then turning out it was all show.
>>
>>67219067
Take inspiration from pic related and take away the campiness

>>67219082
This is also acceptable.

Posession and mutilation/mutation/deformation are always reliable routs
>>
>>67219067
>How do I make demons more sadist/scary then warcrime-tier gobbos?

Goblins get bored. Demons can think long term.
>>
>>67219067
Goblins torture your body and your mind.

Demons torture your soul.

Demons don't bring you down with pain - they put you in situations where your only choice, and I do mean your only choice, is to commit the atrocities yourself.

Where all of your friends and family are infected with a curse that will eventually kill everyone, so you have to burn them alive to purge it.

Where you have the knowledge that an innocent child will grow up to be the worst tyrant the world has ever known, no matter their upbringing - and have to choose if you take an action.

Where every step you take drags you closer to damnation, no matter what choice you make. Where you know not even death will save you.
>>
>>67219067
Never liked these "sadistic cannibals that use fetuses as paper weight" goblins. My goblins are always wacky imps that steal and play pranks on people. My answer would just be have the demons do what you said the goblins did
>>
You gotta be willing to put some really fucked up things in your game. Are you ready for skullfucking and beating old women to death with sacks full of babies? Can your players handle that?
>>
File: 1551402887921.jpg (68 KB, 670x800)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>67219067
Huh... Well I've seen goblins so T H I C C they make your dick explode.
Goblins so horny they'll let you fuck them all week long.
Goblins so lewd they'll do your every desire.

Demons have all kinds of strange powers. Like turning you mad by mentally controlling your body but leaving your still conscious mind able to watch helplessly... watch as they command your body to rape, kill, and torture your whole family. Then they rape and torture you, and mutilate your body in indescribable ways, all while feeding you the rotting remains of your family until you are about to die. Then just before you die they trap your consciousness into the pathetic body of a dretch using mind control to prevent you from killing yourself thereby forcing you to serve them for all eternity.
>>
>>67219067

Swap "goblin" with "demon" in your post
>>
>>67219067
Demons do all that but also know your deepest fears and where your loved ones live. They can possess your body to steal your free will and do unspeakable things with your image to the people you care the most or even the other way around. They can ruin entire kingdoms by whispering in the ears of the right person and have the poor fellow take the blame. They can cloud your mind with rage, pride or greed, when you come back to your senses all your friends are dead and your blade is dripping with blood.
Demons are more personal and intimate than goblins could ever be.
>>
>>67219125
> "sadistic cannibals that use fetuses as paper weight"

/a/ is a mistake
>>
>>67219245
Demons read your diary out loud, can make it so you cannot ever lie, and put empty milk bottles back in the fridge.
>>
>>67219281
Stop scaring the other anons, I said unspeakable for a reason.
>>
>>67219067
Make the goblins randroids. Go from there.
>>
>Goblins? I've seen goblins feed a child to a dog an-
"Well, thats like! Just! Not a typical thing you know? Like most goblins like, would probably just each the kid themselves. Clearly that ONE goblin is mentally fucked, dude"
>A-as I was saying...I've seen goblins make a boy dance on coals by-
"HEY WHATS THE ROLL FOR SEEING IF SOMEONES LYING AGAIN?"
>I've seen goblins use chisel to cripple a man-
"Thats not how that works."
>...What?
"Thats not how skinning someone would work, a chisel is actually dull. You see-
>He didn't get skinned
"Oh haha... what were we talking about again?"
>But demons, my friend ... Demons are-
"Noooo! We're fighting demons? Can I roll to make my tiefling tail flick like in a upset way??"

This is how 90% of players are in my area
>>
File: 1445981682634.png (1.15 MB, 1580x730)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>67219067
Demons have magic on hand. Healing and warping a twisted body until their victim is disfigured to be unrecognizable as a human. The worst tortures healed over and repeated until there's no mind left to suffer except some base intuition of pain left to rot in a quivering mass of misshapen meat.
>>
>>67219125
>Never liked these "sadistic cannibals that use fetuses as paper weight" goblins.
If monsters aren't at least as bad as modern humans, it kind of raises the question of what makes them monsters. Russians, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, and numerous African and Latin American groups have all done worse than OP in living memory. A couple of generations before that, even the Belgians were doing similar.

Anyway, demons should be more about long-term corruption, turning people into what they hate, rather than just hurting them. Or if you need something quick and gory, just have them use magic for body-horror shit while keeping the victim able to still feel. Turning people into living armor, having them eaten from the inside by maggots with human faces who constantly scream that you deserve it, constantly regenerating victims as they whip them to shreds with barbed scourges.
>>
>>67219453
If you're playing dungeonshit, that's what you should expect.
>>
>>67219067
Demons would be all of that, but crossing into the strange and esoteric, shit that shouldn't be possible.
>>
>>67220050
I like >>67219605 idea of turning people in living armor. Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
File: Manga_E0F_God_Hand.png (715 KB, 1853x1400)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
I have a feeling that, within you, you know exactly what you have to do, OP.

gore, rape, but most importantly total inhuman trains of thought and fucking with your players's minds
>>
>Daniel Santoni had been a beloved National Geographic presenter until his untimely death on an expedition to the Himalayas. He’d also been a serial womanizer with a reputation for harassing his subordinates at work. His death had been mourned by his millions of fans, and met with quiet relief by those closest to him.

>Now he stood in front of a pair of gates, twice the height of a man, made of some metal that had long since tarnished into a uniform black. They were set in a great rectangular doorframe, and the doorframe was set in a flat stone surface that stretched past the borders of the scene. It was unclear if it was a floor, ceiling, or wall, and Santoni did not appear to be standing on any particular surface. The doors and their frame were filled with sinuous sculptures of writhing men and women whose faces seemed to be melting into nightmarishly distorted expressions. The intricacy of the work was astounding, like a thousand sculptors had worked on it for a thousand years to get every detail right. Written on them in Gothic blackletter were the words ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE. Above them was also a banner reading WELCOME, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.

>“Welcome,” Santoni told his audience. His voice sounded thin and reedy, and nobody who watched the Broadcast came away thinking Santoni was doing this of his own free will. There were no visible bruises, but he still looked traumatized. “Me and some of my…old crew…have come here to show you a…very special National Geographic special on…Hell.”

>There was a soundtrack, but it was the same kind of anti-music I had heard once before on a recording of Thamiel’s audience with the president. I wished there were subtitles so I could have turned it off.

I'll post the whole chapter if people want a storytime.
>>
>>67219605
let’s not get too here. if I saw a small green obvious non-human thing with pointy ears I’d stomp it into a small green pile of non-human paste. appearance is very important in deciding the treatment and branding of a race. goblins don’t have to be turbo edgelords (if you still want that, make them orcs instead) besides, the real world folklore about them is basically the same as for every fairy (eg, not much rape, especially compared to the contemporary societies designing those myths)
>>
>>67220137
please do, I'd like the inspiration for a DH game I'm running
>>
File: chris-cold-bone-queen2.jpg (382 KB, 1920x965)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>67220152
Bah it'll take too long, sorry. Link here. http://unsongbook.com/interlude-%D7%99-the-broadcast/
>>
File: tianhua-xu-drre.jpg (1.02 MB, 1800x1594)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>67220168
And people wonder why spooky mormon hell dreams are a thing.
>>
>>67219605
>If monsters aren't at least as bad as modern humans, it kind of raises the question of what makes them monsters.
No because monsters are not inherently evil, some monsters from folklore were either neutral or even good. Also there's nothing wrong with saturday morning cartoon settings which murder is the most evil thing the bad guys are capable of
>>
File: Beelzebub.png (114 KB, 701x800)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>67219067
The thing is, warcrime-tier gobbos are no worse than warcrime-tier humans. If you want to make demons inhuman, you have to go beyond that.

You have to make the demons vague. Don't go into too much detail -- or on the contrary, go into excruciating (contradictory) but mostly aesthetic detail (about rituals, prayers, tools, statues, books, etc.). Either way, you do NOT want the players getting a good look at them.
Do not let the players casually encounter demons. When the players do encounter demons, make them a Big Fucking Deal, and even then do not let them get a clear look at them. Perhaps it's a voice that manifests as the swarming of flies around corpses, or a light which can't be looked at which speaks with a voice like a thousand trumpets.
Let most of the atrocitising happen "off-screen", or at the hands of underlings trying to appease the demon. I'm talking about players who come across cities reduced to nothing but glass and a chemical foam that turns out to be perfectly homogenised human bodies. I'm talking about blood poured down a deep, dark pit which something lives at the bottom of.

DO NOT make them into comically sadistic humans. It'll ruin any respect your players will have for the demons. They'll see them as villains to be stopped, not demons which cannot be stopped.
>>
File: pegasus_FETLOCKS.jpg (91 KB, 500x361)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>67220259
This is good advice. Thanks!
>>
>>67220255
>No because monsters are not inherently evil
Some races are, If you use imagination and you're aiming for what's beyond human, you can picture that and bring it into your game.
>>
>>67219067
Why? You've already made gobbos into little demons.
>>
>>67219605
It's the other way around for me. If monsters are basically just doing things the cartels do on the reg, then it feels rather forced when All Of Humanity bands up to fight them in an epic showdown of good and evil.
My monsters are usually based on folkoric monsters, because they're guaranteed to be different from Human Baddies and they tap into some part of the way he human mind works. Like sure, humans can be bad, but they're not big dogs that dig up graves to eat corpses and change their voices to match the sounds of friends and family (alive and dead).

Having said that, I'm not a fan of demons who're just people given the reigns to inflict unnatural tortures on people. It's too edgy for me; it just makes me want to laugh. Give me demons who inflict unknowable and strange destructions -- demons who make a tribe disappear from songs and myths as well as real life, with none to remember them, when their king refuses to give up his daughter like the bargain said.
>>
Most goblins don’t do that, though? Sure, the evil army slaves might be inured to such things, but normal civilized goblins have no more reason to torture people than anyone else.
>>
>>67219125
That's supreme gay.
>>
>>67219245
>demons can make you do lovely things to the people you care the least for
how fucking dare they
that's it I'm getting the shotgun
>>
>>67220486
Goblins have no civilisation. It is the duty of us civlised peoples to teach them civlisation, so that one day they may lead themselves. For now, however, they are like our children, and like all good children they have to stay in the silver mines.
>>
>>67220513
It's the human's burden to bring civility and prosperity to the lesser species

Now I want to play a sycophant with this outlook
>>
>>67220539
I'm English, so it all comes naturally. I don't think I'd even count it as roleplaying.
>>
>>67219453
I felt this, anon. I felt it deep, deep in my soul.
>>
File: 1554210518795.jpg (50 KB, 223x310)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>67220312
Yeah yeah, I meant to say that not all monsters are inherently evil, the anon said that a monster should be more evil the evilist of humans and that's not true. I don't mind inherently evilness but goblins don't fit that imo

>>67220499
no u r gay lol
>>
>>67220513
One lives down the street from me. She owns a local mill. I’d say that’s plenty civilized
>>
>>67219307
They also don't wash their hands after using the toilet
>>
>>67219067
Demons are like dark elves when it comes to cruelty, they go that extra mile

Goblins can do simple shit, they can torture you, but they lack the skill, creativity and dedication to do more than the basic shit

Demons will have you flayed with a scalpel made from the bones of your loved ones, have you pinned to the wall by their ribs and sit there like that for days if not centuries on end, they will torment you body and soul with dark magics before condemning you to the eternal suffering of hell.

Goblins will impale a man, demons will leave whole towns writhing in torment as immortal masses of tortured flesh

Goblins are just baby tier thugs in comparison.
>>
>>67220656
greater demon of nurgle
>>
>>67220513
Define civilization. In my setting Goblins have tribes and something akin to villages but they're carnivorous and have a high birth rate, so they usually wind up raiding each other or travelling north to road the men and hobbits.
>>
>>67220681
Do they build roads? Do they have plumbing? What about proper, decent homes for proper, decent people? Most of all, are they Anglicans? These things are the bedrock of civilisation.
>>
>>67220137
Please don't. This isn't good and I believe it is all available online anyway, so you could have just posted a link.
>>
>>67219067
Have the demons do all of this to dogs
>>
>>67220712
While I want to call you a no fun allowed sperg, I have to agree it isn't good.
>>
>>67220554
>English
>civilized
Good one.
Come back when you stop flinging food at each other as a way of political discourse.
>>
>>67220772
I didn't say civilized. I said civilised. There is a difference; one is a shame and a sham, and the other is English.
Food fighting is a treasured tradition. You would do well to remember this, you who have no traditions.
>>
>>67220787
>Food fighting is a treasured tradition
Among chimps and children.
>>
>>67220827
You would say that, wouldn't you? Seems like you need another dose of civilisation(tm).
>>
>>67220832
The Bongs never reached my part of the world, even when we asked them. Thankfully.
>>
>>67220138
I mean it's kinda weird that your immediate reaction would be violence. Both based on ancient myths of encountering not immediately hostile monsters and the DNA of non-human hominids in most humans today, it can be safely assumed that if something vaguely human shaped doesn't immediately try to kill you most humans will instead try to fuck it.
>>
>>67220554
England is the perfect go to real life example both for lawful evil, and why a lawful evil country would have to be tolerated by the rest of the world.
>>67220847
So you're Swedish?
>>
>>67220259
This, really
>>
>>67220699
nah guess they're still savages then
>>
>>67219067
Simple. Demons are the beings Goblins are so frightened of that they commit those horrific tortures to placate them. In a way, the Goblins are victims of the Demons just as the people they torment are victims of the Goblins. They are not evil creatures innately, but they are so terrified of their masters that they would do literally anything to escape their wrath.
>>
>>67220259
Fuckin nailed it.
>>
>>67220259
I guess that depends on the tone you want. If you want spooky demons that your players fear, do that.

However if you are running a campaign where your players are gonna kill scores of demons violently DOOM style, it's better for them to be really edgy and monstrous, because the campaign is all about stopping the demons. By killing them all.
>>
File: szA5aOe.png (1.17 MB, 1214x1658)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
The best demons are the ones straight out of Chrstian mythology, with a dash of Lovecraftian mind and body horror thrown in. You can't see demons, you can only see the havoc they cause to mortal men. When a demon has bound itself to you, your thoughts begin to curdle; an honest man lies, a peaceful man becomes violent. This behavior worsens, with the marked one unaware. Slowly, they begin to break down. They neglect themselves, going unwashed and starving, but kept alive by the forces around them.

Finally, the man dies in a sense, and the demon can enter him. Feeling no pain and no remorse, the malign creature is free to touch and interact with the world around it, but only for a time, as the body they've stolen will, in time, break down and mutate.
>>
>>67221030
So Christian demons are depression and mental illness, got you.
>>
>>67221045
It's about as bad as you get.
>>
>>67219067
Ow
>>
>>67221013
tbqh I've always wanted to run a game where unknowable forces of inhumanity get gunned down by shotguns. I guess it'd be like a cross between Doom and Bayonetta.
>>
>>67219605
>>67220138
>>67220872
Thinking that we should see creatures that are not even members of our species as "people" is utterly insane.
>>
>>67221273
If they can exhibit all the characteristics of what separate people from the genetically human monsters out there (sociopaths and psychopaths, anything with the lack of humanity and empathy needed to voluntarily join the Nazi party without being born or press-ganged into the ideology, and so on), they're people.
>>
>>67221273
I don't see how that's the case. As you can see from folklore, mythology and literature, treating non-humans as people is the basic assumption people have.
>>
>>67221273
it's not insane it's just unimaginative. A lot of non-human races can have religion, habits, societies and ways of thinking that didn't necessarily existed in our world, you can also add animal, insect or even plant behaviours to them, and other factors like living in regions humans wouldn't be able to survive and how this could change a race, making them even more alien.
But those factors can be very hard to implement in a game because it needs cooperation of your players as well, but most players just wanna play "my dude is just Jackie Chan but a Kuo-Toa" character types
>>
>>67220168
Honestly kind of disappointed. I've heard a lot worse descriptions that really delve into the gritty details, hell, descriptions of real life tortures get worse
>>
>>67220721
Specifically they do it to turn good boys bad and deny them heaven
>>
I am reminded of a horror story I once read. A serial killer kidnaps a family and leaves no evidence. To the authorities, they simply vanish. The serial killer then moves the family to a large warehouse and restrains them in separate rooms with weights heavy enough to press down on them, but not heavy enough to crush them. Each member of the family is under the impression that they were the only one that was kidnapped. Slowly and delicately, over the course of many years, each member of the family's bones and non-vital organs are surgically removed while they continue to be pressed down under their weights. Eventually their still living bodies are flattened into human pancakes and they are stacked on top of one another. It is only then that each member of the family realizes that their loved ones have been undergoing the same torture and mutilation.

I imagine this is the sort of thing demons might do to pass the time.
>>
>>67221013
>it's better for them to be really edgy and monstrous,
Problem for this, is that it can easily slip into camp if you don't execute it in a way the players feel. Doom itself is this way, because you can wander around hell and find tortured bodies but it's never featured. It's just background details. Skulls on pikes and people strung by their innards are just something happening to somebody else, and yeah, you want it to stop but your busy finding the BLUE KEY right now.
Gorey details are just edgy window dressing until you describe the screaming and smell of blood.
>>
>>67219176
What's this obsession with fucking everything? Goblins are, like, one step up from animals. Look at that image, it's grotesque. Is this a general lowering of standards?

It is impossible for you, even in your fantasies, to imagine fucking an elf or a human girl? What's next, dog-fucking?
>>
>>67221496
Well yes, I feel like camp is what they're going for.
>>
>>67221273
Well if you're white or Middle Eastern then your ancestors did. They fucked neanderthals out of existence. Same thing with Asians and Denisovans. More to the point almost every myth about a non-violent monster involves the hero fucking it: selkies, giantesses, and kitsune were all just monster girls fit for seducing.
>>
>>67219067
The most fundamental horror of demons is damnation. If they get their hands on you, you're damned to eternal torment.

Yes, yes, I know we all joke about eternal torment now. But the real terror of demons should be that even in death you're not safe. It becomes a genuine question (when you're fighting a demon):

> "Should I kill myself right now, and escape eternal torture..."
> "...Or fight this thing, and know that I'll suffer for all of eternity if it kills or captures me?"

Just consider the calculus of that question. If you're a brave warrior or a knight, you'd be willing to sell your life to defend innocents, knowing that you're doing it for a good cause. But would you suffer FOREVER for them? As in, all of eternity, with no rest, no reprieve?

Even if I was a incredibly zealous Paladin, knowing that I might lose my eternal reward would probably stop me in my tracks. You don't even need to show what eternal damnation is like, you just make this a risk: If a demon kills you, you can't be resurrected, and your soul is their plaything until the end of time. That's why no-one wants to fight them.
>>
>>67219067
I'd probably make goblins dumber. Too dumb for really sadistic torture methods - they'll kill you slow, eat you alive and play with your severed bits, for sure, but they don't understand things like familial bonds of advanced torture techniques. They just get an intense endorphin rush when they make the "big 'uns" crawl and scream - goblins are basically just living the dream of every short man.

Demons are patient, creative and magical. They'll possess you and make you kill your own family, then raise them as ghouls and watch the hunger force them to eat you alive. And that's if they're in a hurry.
>>
>>67221689
Honestly, Goblin Slayer is unironically the best depictions of goblins I've seen. I get that people like to poke holes in it, but I really think their goblins are the best example of pure, unalloyed "I have to kill all the little bastards" evil. They're arguably more evil than the Tolkien orcs.
>>
>>67219067
make them instructor of all the goblins, the dumbfuck who drives the train is scary yes, but the SS General who leads the whole extermination operation is one disgusting piece of a human abomniation.
>>
>>67221679
Suicide is a sin which leads to the eternal damnation of being a big sleepy tree with the Big Sad
>>
>>67221706
Sure, but it beats the afterlife you'd receive if the demons get their hands on you.
>>
>>67219124
thats good, ill steal it, may your words strike fear and respect in the hearts of all my playeers and the following.
>>
>>67221679
This kind of sucks, because NO ONE WOULD FIGHT THEM. I can't think of anyone who would be willing to put themselves into a situation where they might get killed by eternal-damnation-demons.
>>
>>67221700
Goblinslayer is bad and your comparing it to Tolkein orcs is more or less proof that you don't get the point. Orcs aren't supposed to be something you kill for catharsis or get mad at in Middle Earth lore, they exist only so that something can be killed guiltlessly. Being able to do something without it being sinful and actively wanting to do it aren't even remotely the same thing. Even wiht Tolkein though there was nothing biologically evil about orcs, it was entirely the product was evil entities and culture influencing them. Orc children are explicitly not evil in Tolkein's letters and unfinished tales, but orc culture due to influence by Melkor/Sauron will turn them evil or kill them 100% of the time.

Also GS is just a completely unbelievable setting that makes 0 sense. It's like a very bad version of DOOM 2016 by someone who didn't get DOOM.
>>
>>67221569
dogs are very sexy <3
>>
>>67221759
See, your problem is that you want everything to be muddled. As a PC, however, I want to kill things.

I'm going to kill a shitload of things as an adventurer. I don't want to have to read To Kill a Mockingbird every time. Goblin Slayer's goblins are so inherently repulsive, you WANT to kill them. You look at one, and you go "Yes. Yes, now I understand why people believe in genocide."
>>
File: sersdfsdfsdfage.jpg (54 KB, 300x429)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>67221773
exactly, its fun to kill evil orcs/goblins. It feels like shit to fight orcs/goblins with paladins in their ranks.
>>
>>67221747
Isnt that the point? They suck to fight
>>
>>67221773
Again that's not the point. The whole narrative point of orcs in LotR is that they aren't muddled. They are essentially living obstacles on your way to righteously take down the dark lord.

Also again it isn't hard to make something that you can kill cathartically you just can't have the whole mess of dumb contradictions that goblins in goblinslayer are. Like they're simultaneous weak and shitty,insanely numerous, and can only reproduce by raping humanoids. This doesn't fucking track at all. Compare that with beastmen in warhammer or broo in glroantah. They're evil as shit and justify genocide against them. Unlike GS goblins though they make sense despite reproducing primarily through rape by A) being able to reproduce among themselves as well or by raping livestock and B) being physically as strong or stronger than the average human so they can feesibly be a threat without stupid huge numbers.

GS goblins make no sense because they are required to be both too strong and too weak at the same time by their own narrative and thus make a species that cannot exist in a world that makes even a little bit of sense.
>>
>>67219067
Demons may do the same things, but they do it over and over and over. You don't get the relief of dying in the end. You'll experience suffering for as long as you can withstand it, and demons are very good at torturing you in just the right amount. They are eternal and need the distraction, even if their goal is to destroy your ego and turn your soul into an ethereal nutritive paste. And that's the end. No Valhalla, no reincarnation. Even the underground wastelands of the death god promise existence. Demons promise only suffering and nothingness.
>>
>>67221569
Goblins have a high turnover rate, so it's implied that they're always in a state of making more goblins. While my paternal instinct tells me that any progeny from such a union would be horrific at best and pathetic and short-lived at worst, the idea of just flooding the world with a fuckton of offspring like you wouldn't believe is so insanely hot to me
>>
>>67221818
Is it that hard to kill based on the standard of their shield and the emblem of their banner instead of the color of their skin? I care not what land the Wizard Tyrant's minions hale from, only that they serve evil.
>>
>>67221870
That's the neanderthal in you talking. Neanderthal pregnancies lasted for nearly two years. So when their men fucked human women it drastically out bred all of their native wives.
>>
>>67220259
>players who come across

When I have tried horror and had it work this is how I have done it. You don't have the players stomp in mid torture - because that explains what is going on. Have them come across the after effects of the event. You want to make what they find horrific and vaguely confusing. It can't tell the full story, because you have to leave that to the players to fill in with their own imagination.

So rather than coming across some poor fool strapped to a table and skinned - as horrible as that is. You have them come across people who have gouged out their own eyes to avoid seeing any more what was in front of them (never describing what that was). The victims strangled themselves (yes impossible, but they still did it, it was that horrible to them that it happened anyhow) rather than endure whatever it was that was on them. Stuff like that.

Make the torture unknowable for the players.
>>
>>67219067
Goblins and orcs might torture you for a few days before killing and eating you, but ultimately, they aren't fundamentally more than a particularly malicious predator. Demons don't want you to suffer, or at least not JUST that. They want to make you evil. Indeed, a goblin is more of a direct threat to an honest person than a demon, who's power to inflict harm are greatly limited by divine law. But nothing stops one from whispering to your nine year old, that he should stab you in your sleep fof sending him to bed. Worse than their tendency to influence the foolish and young is their ability and propensity to empower wicked men. Why is it that most of the most powerful wizards sink to attrocity in pursuit of greater knowledge and strength? How is it that so many of the richest and nobly titled people become embroiled in horrific crimes? Why do the powers that be choose to further enrichen eachother rather than actually help their constituents and thus ensure their own fame and legacy? It's because those people were chosen and elevated for their selfishness, cruelty, and often, stupidity. And that's why a demon is worse than a goblin. A goblin will stab your daughter in the gut. A demon will undermine your entire civilization.
>>
>>67219453
In that case show, do not tell. There is is merits for telling rather then showing but in rpg use what works for your players.

>>67219067
I use a version of the battle brothers goblins.

They are a tribe of fast breeding humanoids were most are a bit touched in the head but all of the ones who are not so are very smart. The smart ones can do what dumb ones can't. The value of the smart ones is very high, the rest very low. They do not care value non goblins at all.
>>
>>67221903
Source?
I was under the impression that Neanderthals developed quickly in childhood, and that Homo sapiens' advantage over them was that we developed slow, forcing a prolonged family unit phase and giving us an advantage in numbers when we crossed paths
>>
>>67221679
>Even if I was a incredibly zealous Paladin, knowing that I might lose my eternal reward would probably stop me in my tracks
>incredibly zealous Paladin, knowing that I might lose my eternal reward
>that I might lose my eternal reward
Fighting evil and protecting the innocent is its own reward
>>
>>67221843
>GS goblins make no sense because they are required to be both too strong and too weak at the same time by their own narrative and thus make a species that cannot exist in a world that makes even a little bit of sense.

They're a weak, mongrel race, dangerous in their large numbers and treachery. What's hard to understand about it?
>>
>>67221759
If I see an orc baby, I want to smash it against a wall until it splatters. I don't want to have to deal with the orc baby problem, or people going "What if this is a GOOD ORC?"

Fuck, even Drizzt realized that 99.9% of goblins are evil. He met a single good goblin, then came to the conclusion that - in light of all the other goblins - that one goblin was an obvious aberration.
>>
>>67221979
Unfortunately all my sources are on university systems not the wider web.

You are however half right. Their children did develop faster than human children, but that's because of the long pregnancy. A large amount of development was done in the womb. Whereas humans did most of their development outside of the womb. So humans had a prolonged family unit, but also much larger families due to the speed at which children could be produced if there was available food. If there wasn't enough food then you saved on having to drag around a pregnant woman for so long with your smaller numbers of kids.
>>
>>67222038
Such a race cannot exist unless it primary reproduces amongst itself or fucking some other common weak race, rather than through raping a larger stronger creature.
>>
>>67222083
You're aware that goblins in Goblin Slayer are an invasive species, right? They're literally from the green moon.
>>
>>67222055
Again you're literally arguing against the stated view of the guy who invented orcs and the modern day version of goblins. A baby orc raised by humans to be good would be good, but also in Tolkein's own words "wouldn't be an orc anymore". He'd just be a human with strange teeth and a grey or green complexion. The essential orcness is not in the species but in the culture and serving evil.
>>
>>67222103
Sure, but Tolkien didn't actually put that in his books.
>>
>>67219067
>How do I make demons more sadist/scary then warcrime-tier gobbos?
You don't. They just have a carefully cultivated reputation.
>>
>>67222093
That doesn't change anything. Invasive species don't reproduce primarily through racing the native species. Fucking cane toads killed off Australian wild life by being stronger and fucking among themselves, not by raping the native reptiles and amphibians.

All you need to do is either make goblins individually strong, drop the rape shit, or make the rape a super power in and of itself capable of impregnating even sheep and horses.
>>
>>67222105
He also didn't put down that elves have pointed ears anywhere but his letters. Are you going to argue that elves don't have pointed ears?
>>
>>67222137
I actually never noticed that.

Regardless, I'm all for the genocide part of the equation. Give me something I can kill, because I'm tired of "But what if this one" argument. No, I don't want to engage with the noble savage. I want to gut him and shit down his throat.
>>
>>67222163
I can understand that, but just make sure your evil monsters actually make sense and actually are what you're talking about. Like the demons from DOOM are exactly what you're looking for and have none of the issues that GS does. Almost like DOOM is better written, despite having barely any writing.
>>
>>67222195
The problem is that demons are kind of an abstract evil. Goblins and orcs are more rooted in the physical plane. They're something you can really get to grips with. You can't burn the houses of demons, shoot their women and children, for example.
>>
>>67221843
I think you are the one missing the point.

GS goblins aren't "strong" they're weak but cunning. They don't destroy whole towns and form armies. They take a couple village girls here and there. They eat your livestock. They aren't even that numerous, they are always depicted as having lower numbers than the populations they prey on, and each human they use to reproduce seems to make a whole litter of goblins. They are vermin. An infestation that can be burnt out but if left alone could bleed you dry.
GS goblins are a threat when underestimated, or to people who aren't really cut out for adventuring, but anyone who knows what they're doing they aren't a threat at all. They are, in fact left to adventurers to deal with because the regular army and big shot heroes are busy with the real threats.
And even with this set up, GS goblins as depicted in his story are specifically more of a threat than usual because "something" is equipping, training and helping them. Infestations and attacks like he's faced are rare to the point of being unheard of. Most of them are like the first few he deals with, ie. Kills all of them himself with a couple tricks, or burns it without having to fight at all.
>>
>>67222215
The demons of doom are highly physical, that's kinda the point of the glory kills.

If someone has weak women and children for you to kill it's getting pretty out of step with cathartic guiltless murder. A truly evil species should be trying to murder you from the word go. They should not have children so much as swarms of smaller piranha spawn.

If you have weak traditionally helpless women and children it's going to invite the "but are they all evil" questions, even if you claim they are. Also enjoying murdering them for their helpless role is itself rooted in evil.
>>
>>67219067
>Demons appear as friendly humans who work their way into your hierarchies and social circles
>They tempt their followers, "friends" and superiors into committing heinous acts for reasons like "it's the greater good" "survival depends on it" "all your friends are doing it" "it's tradition, etc.
>Once society has been sufficiently corrupted, there is no difference between it and goblin rule.
>When the people corrupted by demons die, the demons collect their souls for an eternity of torture.
>>
>>67219067
>"You see; goblins, orcs. They'll torture you, and they'll enjoy it."
>"But a demon doesn't torture you. It doesn't think enough about you to realize that you think it's torture."
>"Every nightmarish agony you go through, the demon is indifferent to how much you'd like to die."
>"I once saw a demon take a man's mangled body, and grind it against a wall to paint with his blood. The man screamed, and he begged, and he wanted to know, why are you doing this."
>"The demon didn't say a word, didn't even look at him. It just kept painting the walls with him. And it was keeping him alive, making sure that he couldn't run out the demon was using him."
>"When he was done, he just dropped him. Started admiring his handy work. After hours of being ground against rough stone, the man looked like meat."
>"Once the demon had let go of him, he finally started to die. Screaming the whole time."
>>
>>67222124

Yeah, it's edgy nonsense. You don't get to have hordes of a disposable monster if it has a rare, difficult, and failure-prone breeding cycle.

They don't even lie low before the woman-stealing, most tribes are detected and wiped out during the sheep-stealing stage. On the occasions when they actually get their hands on a woman, they don't manage to keep them alive very long, and they greatly increase their chances of getting caught and wiped out. The numbers just don't work out, the number of gobs who die each generation is nowhere near matched by the number of rape-babies they can produce. Maybe there's another source of goblins somewhere, pumping out an endless stream of disposable baddies, but in that case the rape nonsense is even more pointlessly edgy.
>>
>>67222219
A human could not possibly give birth to goblins more than once. The conditions in those caves are so obviously terrible that they're gonna die of infection after at most one birth, most wouldn't even last that long.

As for the numbers thing that's just plain wrong. We've seen goblins attacking people in the series and every single time they outnumber their targets by an enormous amount. The series wants us to believe that there are just a mountain of these things despite their reproduction method being something that should at most produce a tiny trickle of very rare creatures.

Then you have the whole idea that they aren't a "real threat" to better equipped people. Anon Europeans fucking committed deliberate genocide against wolves and fully wiped them out in a few centuries because they were eating our horses. Americans drove cougars to the brink in a far shorter time. The Chinese killed off lions so far back in prehistory that their artists forgot what they looked like. When one wolf or wolf colony killed off a little over a hundred women and children in the 1700s total the entire nation of France mobilized to hunt and kill it. When we have a capital O other as a threat humans kill the fuck out of it very fast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan

Or for a more direct comparison to the goblins of GS. The Assyrians were pretty famous for brutally murdering, torturing, and raping everyone in their area. This ended with the entirety of western civilization at that point teaming up and killing them so hard that people know longer knew the name of their cities a generation later. Their is no way humans wouldn't have a similar response to that same thing but among a race of inherently smaller and weaker than us.
>>
>>67222338
It is edgy nonsense. Goblin Slayer is a D&D game with rotating GMs. One of them is an edge lord who made rape goblins to humiliate the mary sue characters made by a different player. This is alluded to in universe, nobody knows for sure where the goblins came from, with the goblin slayer himself saying he heard they came from the Green Moon.
>>
>>67219067
Simple. Goblins will eventually get bored and kill you.
Demons will do much the same, but if you are taken alive, they will keep you that way so they can fuel their insatiable pain boner over and over again, until you long for a death that they simply won't allow.
>>
>>67222219

Vermin can grow out of control because they can do so discreetly, eating garbage, multiplying in places where people don't look.

Goblins steal livestock. They steal livestock, it is frequently noted, BEFORE they get to the woman-stealing stage. (Why? It's not as if the group is multiplying to eventually become a bigger threat.)

Farmers fucking notice when something's picking off their livestock. And then the women stay indoors.

Goblins CANNOT reproduce until AFTER they get noticed. They can't gradually grow and become a more serious threat, they are forced to attack humans BEFORE they can get their numbers up.

It just doesn't work. Even if a woman gives birth to a dozen goblins before being eaten (they are not kept long-term, it's made clear) the cost of that one successful kidnapping is usually the killing of the entire gang.

It doesn't work. Goblins are extinct in a generation.
>>
>>67222521
The whole setting is deliberately hackneyed nonsense, it's the fucking point of the story
>>
>>67222461

Yeah, I've heard this excuse. "The explanation for the plothole is that the story is bad on purpose." Sure, whatever, but it means that Goblin Slayer-style rape goblins just aren't worth talking about. "Should I include them in my game?" No. They're dumb. "How would they fare against..." They would go extinct immediately.

They're not a fun idea to play with; they don't work.
>>
>>67222573
I didn't say you should include them in an actual game, because no, they don't work if your players aren't morons and care about worldbuilding at all. But you have misrepresented what I said. The SETTING is deliberately bad. A story about characters dealing with a stupid nonsense world created by dipshit 'gods' is a perfectly fine conceit for a story, in this case with middling execution.
>>
>>67222554
>its meant to be shit
That doesent make it better
>>
>>67222163
Then play as a bad guy. Play as a conquistador in the middle of a barbarous, primitive jungle full of unchristian little shits who have a fucktonne of gold hidden somewhere, you just know it. It's not hard to genocide if you're okay with genocide.
>>
>>67222683
>>67222642
>>
>>67222521
You would be right if it was just Goblins in a regular world. But this is a fantasy world with other things preying on people besides goblins. Did wolves, wargs, bugbears or something else kill the livestock or kidnap the village girls? How would you even know? Livestock are killed by animals all the time in reality and plenty of stories from France talk about beasts preying on villages without being killed for weeks, months or years. And that's just mundane animals.

With all the bullshit that could prey on people in such a world its a wonder that any settlement is unwalled, but that question could be asked about any standard DnD setting and isn't exclusive to Goblin Slayer.
>>
>>67222712
Except the setting being shit ends up making the story shit

When your world is hackneyed garbage trying to have your bunch of generic isekai rejects be serious and gritty and showcase the advantages of smart choices "totally unlike those other !JRPG tropes you guyz" falls flat.

The story isnt "a bunch of people trying to deal with a stupid badly written isekai land", its not nearly self aware for that. The characters arent trying to deal with a retarded world because the characters are as retarded as the world in which they live, and that makes receiving a lecture on what constitutes proper armor all the more laughable.
>>
>>67222395
Hey that's pretty cool I wonder how you knew tha-
>In the popular Shonen Jump Japanese manga series My Hero Academia, there is also a character, Jurota Shishida, whose hero name and alias is Gevaudan.
I see.
>>
>>67222691
Yes, but I want it to be objectively good. I want there to be no ambiguity whatsoever: See their spawn and breeders, kill them.
>>
>>67219124
If the child is fated to become a tyrant no matter what, morality doesn't even factor into it. Granted, it's still unpleasant for a human to kill the child, but that's not exactly torture of the soul.
>>
>>67222760
>but I want it to be objectively good
Well too bad faggot, you can't have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>67222642

It kinda feels like the author wanted rape goblins and a genocidal main character, couldn't think of a way to make that work, and then backfilled with "the setting is bad on purpose! Haha, what edgy fetish idiot would make a nonsense setting with rape goblins, not me!"

And while I got you here listening to me bitch... fucking cement? This adventurer carries a little sack of cement around? Goddam author has never either carried a sack of cement or played an oldschool D&D game. That shit's heavy and takes hours to dry. You don't carry fucking cement, you carry wax. Far, far more uses: waterproofing, starting fires, light from makeshift candles, taking impressions of carvings, etc. And doesn't weigh as much as a literal sack of cement. You need to plug up a gas trap, you use wax.

And then dust explosions. Are you writing a shitty manga with a "clever" main character? You are required by law to have them set up a dust explosion to solve some bullshit problem. Don't worry, it will always work, even though it's inherently a wildly unreliable thing in real life.

Why the fuck am I reading this. I don't usually hate-read stuff.
>>
>>67222760
Then play some retarded vidya
>>
>>67222759
Literally who? No it's just a monster that pops up in mystery creature and weird history media. Sorry you didn't have those unsolved mystery books when you were a kid, but they were all over my school library and I still enjoy the better researched generally more skeptical versions as an adult.
>>
>>67222723
Again humans in Europe hunted the wolf to fucking extinction by the early modern age. Humans in goblin slayer have supposedly had organized societies lasting for hundreds of years and have no proper response.
>>
>>67222723
Yes,and the humans manage to deal with that shit

That the same people who can keep demon lords and dragons at bay struggle with little green niggers is hilarious
>>
>>67222803
I always hated 'em. They were so cheesy and shittily written, you could see they assumed you were a dumb kid who'd believe anything. OTOH I loved Eragon as a tiny kid so what the fuck did I know.
>>
>>67222818
This. Humans almost hunted other bloody humans to extinction for basically the same reason: Aboriginal Aussies stealing your sheep? Looks like it's time for a massacre.
>>
>>67222723
>
With all the bullshit that could prey on people in such a world its a wonder that any settlement is unwalled, but that question could be asked about any standard DnD setting and isn't exclusive to Goblin Slayer.

Most standard DnD settings have walled towns dipshit. Walls around population cenrters is one the markers for civilization, and they were ubiquitous everywhere during the vague medieval period GS is supposed to take place in. Rome was fucking famous because it didn't have walls, and having one city without walls was a huge statement of the power and safety of its empire.

A medieval fantasy setting without walled settlements is a nonsensical one. This lack of sense is fine if the setting is just going for dumb fun shit. But if it's trying to be GRITTY AND REAL like GS is it comes across and dumb misery porn by a retarded edge lord. Which is precisely what GS is.
>>
>>67222849
Yeah they were dumb, but they got me a dumb kid to look into more academic and well written books on similar historical topics. Hell it can even get you into curious but not conspiracy laden stuff like the primary source medieval documents from monasteries. If you haven't checked it out yet listen to Medieval Death Trip. It's a good ass podcast about weird shit written down in Old English texts.
>>
>>67222786
>fucking cement? This adventurer carries a little sack of cement around?
He's a madman with no education trained by another madman. He's actually way less effective at his job than he could be specifically because he refuses to break his ritualized methodology.
>>
>>67222875
Congrats on basing your entire opinion off of the first episode of the shitty anime. The tone isn't edgy grimdark, at least not for more than like, a minute at a time, it's far too scitzophrenic for that. Fucking record of the lodoss war is more consistantly dark. I wouldn't call goblin slayer good, but you just don't fucking get it. It's stupid fun in the same way as a crappy ttrpg campaign where half the players are new but people are havinga good time regardless
>>
>>67223134
The only reason anyone talks about it is the rape goblins. Outside of that it is a completely generic shitty fantasy anime. Even after it gets to the shitty generic fantasy stuff the WHOLE POINT of the main character is that he's REAL and knows how the world REALLY WORKS, and wins by using SMART TACTICS. Like he fucking does the braveheart spear thing in the season finale and it's somehow presented as something no one else thought of. It's not a fun crappy show, it's a dumb crappy show written by a certified that guy.
>>
File: 1540617866956.png (494 KB, 714x718)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>67222338
Most stories don't work when you meticulously apply logic to them.

Now star wars is shit
Lord of the rings is shit
Dune is shit
The black Cristal is shit
War hammer is shit
My setting is shit
Your setting is shit
Their settings are shit
Stories are shit.
>>
>>67223243
None of these settings are built around telling us how bullshit another setting is as their introduction. If you come in swinging at other shows then you need to be able to back it up. The Dark Crystal didn't start off by murdering the cast of the Hobbit to show how REAL their world was.
>>
File: 1540495938581.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>67220513
>and like all good children they have to stay in the silver mines.
>>
>>67223317
I wish that show hadn't become so shit. It's the curse of every cute girls show that they become shitty mellow drama and drop the comedy that drew you in.
>>
File: cat.png (1.2 MB, 1080x1920)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>67223343
>mellow drama
>>
>>67223309
Which story did the first party belong to?
>>
>>67223243
stories, good ones anyways, work based on their own internal logic

Goblin Slayer does not, it wants to have its cake and eat it too- to punch above its weight without the skill or merit to actually do so
>>
>>67223407
The generic fantasy anime of the modern day, as pretty explicitly called out in the 2chan thread the shit was started in. It doesn't have to be a specific show, but it is a seething mass of contempt for normie fantasy shows.
>>
>>67219281
>put empty milk bottles back in the fridge
I have never even imagined this before just reading it. The world is a scary place.
>>
>>67223243
Star Wars wasn't shit when they didn't focus on the science part of science fantasy.
Lord of the Rings and Dune both go to autistic lengths to explain things logically. Maybe you don't know this, but you know the potatoes and tobacco in fantasy settings meme? Tolkien was aware of that, and explained it.
Warhammer makes sense, by and large, even if it isn't "realistic", and it's thematically consistent.
I have no idea what the Black Crystal is.
>>
>>67223395
mellow drama is the best drama. It's nice when the drama can be chill and just hang with the bros.
>>
>>67223446
I don't really understand it. I have to assume it's some American meme. Why wouldn't you just throw it away? The bin's right next to you if you're in the kitchen. Like the other one is not resetting the microwave when you open it (who doesn't set the microwave to the correct time so it automatically stops when it's necessary?).
>>
>>67220137
National Geographic 's Divine Comedy, might be cool.
>>
File: The Slayers Legion.jpg (814 KB, 4027x1650)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>67221679
>Paladin Order that has sold their souls and are forbidden from paradise so that they may tame and contain Hell forever
>>
>>67223437
>The generic fantasy anime of the modern day
Most of the adventurers in the guild were generic fantasy archetypes though, even the other silver ranks whom the story implies had proven themselves on more challenging missions.

The point of the first episode was not "other settings are shit" it was "beginners shouldn't fight goblins".
>>
>Goblins? I've seen goblins feed a child to a dog and have mother watch
Nonsense. Goblins hate dogs.
>>
>>67223592
No, it was rather blatantly "look how stupid these well established fantasy tropes are, look at how much better my main character is"
>>
>>67223627
Plot twist, they force fed the kid to his own dog.
>>
>>67223635
Would you waste time developing original personalities for a bunch of jobbers?
>>
>>67223664
I wouldnt start a shitty series by trying to take potshots at superior works of media.

Its like starting your furry fanfic by explaining how traditional fantasy races are stupid and wouldnt work and why your eight breasted wolf-shark hybrids with twenty horsecocks are better

It comes off as irritating, self satisfied and unearned rather than as clever or even forgettable.
>>
>>67223688
>I wouldnt start a shitty series by trying to take potshots at superior works of media.
But that's not what they were doing.
>>
>>67223460
>tfw no depressed zombiefu to remind that there's people who love her and believe in her
>>
>>67223664
If I gave a damn about my story, yes, of course. It's just more interesting.
>>
>>67223697
But it literally is, the intro to the series is the author trying to take shots at JRPG tropes (and by extension the likes of dragon quest) only to replace them with equally retarded shit only without any sort of charm the original works had
>>
>>67220513
t. Lawful evil
>>
>>67223592
and yet these people seem to believe the goblins are other settings goblins. Despite there being no logical way for such stereotypes to exist.
>>
>>67223729
>LITERALLY
>the intro to the series is the author trying to take shots at JRPG tropes

Alright I'll bite, show me the intro.
>>
>>67223838
Are you going to pretend you havent seen the beginning of goblin slayer?
>>
>>67223852
Anon, not everyone is as much of a basic bitch weeb as you.
>>
>>67219605
>>67219067

I feel like Goblibs should feed a vicious cycle. So instead of attracting heroic adventurers who go to stop these atrocities. They attract opporturnistic assholes who sees human needs met by exploiting on the victims suffering.

A bunch of villages being raided by goblins. Extort them to harbor criminals

Girls end up being kidnapped by goblins? Rescue at the cost of being made to playthings at a brothel

Food crisis because the goblins torched the farms? Sell food at inflated prices and set up loan sharks to exploit that need
>>
>>67223852
If it's the animated series, then that part doesn't exist.
>Priest girl signs up to join guild
>Gets the run down of how it works
>Party approaches her
>Guild girl advises the party against fighting goblins
>Party insists that they are ready because of their low opinion of goblins

They basically have the attitude of 18 year olds who enlisted in the military before WW1 thinking it would be over by Christmas. Not once did I LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
see the creator self insert himself to explain why these guys from another setting are stupid.
>>
>>67223892
>argue that GS isn't absolute trash that tries to punch up to make itself look good
>admit you've never even seen the anime or read the manga
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>67223892
>arguing about a series authoritatively
>but hasnt seen it because "its for weebs"
Are you just baiting or genuinely stupid?
>>
>>67223929
You literal sperg, I am not him, and he is not anyone who was arguing with you about the start of Goblin Slayer.
>>
>>67223922
>They basically have the attitude of 18 year olds who enlisted in the military before WW1 thinking it would be over by Christmas
And are also blatant expies of popular JRPG tropes

>b-but they arent explicitly stated to be said characters from another setting
Are you genuinely retarded of just trolling?
>>
>>67223987
>Why would a JRPG have characters that resemble popular JRPG tropes?
>>
>>67224034
So you now all of a sudden agree that the story was in fact taking shots at popular JRPG tropes?
Excellent!
>>
>>67224034
Anon, why are you so invested in denying the blindingly obvious.
>>
>>67222163
Why don't you play an evil character?
>>
>>67222770
>reveals afterwards the kid probably was just going to grow up normal
>>
>>67224315
I can't unhurt his pooper but I can tell him that he's too invested in his interpretation of a Rorschach.
>>
>>67219067
If they do mundane shit like rape, torture or general sociopathy you've already fucked up. The only setting I've ever seen that does demons justice is Pact.
>>
File: 1540838825453.jpg (448 KB, 673x587)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>67222294
>>
>>67219067
For Sadism that's easy, just ramp your edge to the fucking extreme. Get as fucking tasteless as possible. However, as you are a man of good taste, I assume you wouldn't sink that low.
>>
>>67221747
Surely the person that fights the demon in defence of others, despite knowing for sure in their heart that it will condemn them directly to hell, would as a martyr go straight to heaven to sit in one of the front row seats to the Glory of God ?
>>
>>67223548
Makes more sense than you think. King Solomon built his temple with demons. Paladins are easily turned into warlocks who enslave and bind demons into the service of good.
>>
>>67223922
Really if I wanted to rub salt on the wound the girls should have ended up being rescued by a party of scumbags instead of goblin slayer.

So far gobbo slayer havent fought assholes who would go to goblin holes to get their rescue sex fetishes satisfied and hate guys like gobbo slayer for having no sex drive
>>
>>67225191
Firstly that's how artistic interpretation works
Secondly even if it wasn't it's still blindingly obvious that the author intended it to be a metacommentary on the state of fantasy nipponese works
People really do make those references, you know. It's not seeing monsters in shadows.
>>
>>67219067
For all its shortcomings I still think Pact did a good job of portraying goblins as both darkly comical, fucking disgusting and deeply menacing.
>>
>>67219082
Boring
>>
>>67219121
Interesting
>>
>>67219082
OMG crossed is so fucked. I regret ever reading that
>>
Where do goblins in goblin slayer come from? Where do the demons come from? These things are just *SPAWNED* into the world and start committing atrocities, or invade from the moon, or magical portals to other dimensions. There is no sense or logic to this, these are not normal animals or regular vermin. These beasts are terrifying and evil because the very world of goblin slayer is beset by evil. So they can't sustain their population solely by raping kidnapped peasant women, so what? There will always be more. This battle doesn't end.
Goblin Slayer world is under eternal siege, and the enemies are magical. Magic doesn't follow mundane laws.
How has nobody pointed this out?
>>
>>67219281
Refusing to let people lie sounds more like a holy angel ability as God doesn't and has no need to lie. Wouldn't a demon thing be instead to turn someone into a compulsive liar like...well, a LOT of people?
>>
File: 1562649111445.jpg (151 KB, 1564x1071)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Demons are into the corruption of souls.
They destroy family and civilizations through subversion.
They direct people down the path of self destruction.
They don't do what goblins do, but they make men do it. And men feel regret.
Also some of them do what goblins do on top of that.
And natural disasters sometimes
>>
>>67219125
>"sadistic cannibals that use fetuses as paper weight"
That's the drow though.
>>
SCP-106
http://www.scp-wiki.net/treats
>>
SCP-106
http://www.scp-wiki.net/treats
>Inb4 SCPshit
It is what it is but this is one of the better IMO.
>>
>>67219453
Accurate if solely because the players won't shut the fuck up to quip.
>>
>>67219067
have a fun pair of demons

Dumuzorgus – arch-devil
Crimes: Intruding upon the natural world, serving evil wizards, laundering stolen magical books, laundering stolen magical items, murder by soul consumption, kidnapping, being an agent of dark powers, contracting with dark powers, rape, arson, practicing usury, manufacturing poisons, manufacturing lockpicks
Distinguishing features: Stench of sulfur, solid-black skin covered by bumps scales warts and scars, sweats red grease, obvious demonic nature
Advance warning: Dumuzorgus maintains a ‘short list’ of very powerful villains who have open contracts with him, taking him, or any of them, on, usually results in either their involvement or Dumuzorgus’s involvement.

Abdolon – arch-devil
Crimes: Intruding upon the natural world, participating in and leading heretical rituals, being an agent of the dark powers, kidnapping, harrying travelers, murdering priests, murdering nuns, practicing usury, giving instruction in forbidden knowledge, cursing bridges, cursing wells, cursing bloodlines, contracting with and on behalf of the dark powers, counterfeiting gold
Distinguishing features: Dark purple skin, bat wings, bird shins/feet, scorpion tail, reddish hair, sweats green rancid smelling jelly, obvious demonic nature
Advance warning: Abdolon maintains a short list of very powerful warlocks who owe him favors, beware of his minions.
>>
>>67232533
'Intruding upon the natural world' basically means 'existing as a demon'. It's similar to 'existing as an undead' charges.
>>
>>67231146
how is 106 anything beyond *kills you*?
>>
>>67221569
>look at (You), it's grotesque. Is this a general lowering of standards?
>>
>>67223548
>the sound of demons shitting bricks at mach 10
>>
>>67219067
I find that petty violence and shock value against individuals is sort of cheap and paltry. Organized and systemic changes that impact not one man but all men, and not one life time, but the quality of life of an immortal soul for eternity, should be the realm of demons. Temprary torture is... well... pleb goblin shit. Patrician demons enslave souls for eternity, not to torture them, but to obliviate generations of cultural memories for a slight boost in magical and political power.
>>
>>67226107
The goblins have a word for such people. Approximately translated, it means “tasty”
>>
>>67222301
I'm sure it was a good painting, though.
>>
>>67219067
Demons are smarter than goblins, and have more patience. Goblin cruelty is simple and brutal, they are essentially over-grown children with no sense of right or wrong. Demons on the other hand are specifically trying to maximize suffering and are smart enough to forgo small amounts of evil now in exchange for a larger evil latter.
>>
>>67220601

She doesn't own it, dumbass, she's the sex-slave of the crippled miller who owns it. He was there when our family came here, he's had four different goblins, they last until he gets too drunk and beats them to death. Goblins are too stupid to run a mill, or do basic math.
>>
>>67220168
Not as good as the Hell in Surface Detail.
>>
>>67219082
>>67219133
boring and cringe. grow up faggots.
>>
>>67219082
>>67228909
Most of the stuff made by someone else than garth ennis is just gore without any story.but there is a couple of messed up and good stories mixed in. Crossed psychopath is possibly most fucked up story I have read in series
>>
File: 1560800428306.jpg (27 KB, 494x560)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>67222124
>Invasive species don't reproduce primarily through raping the native species.
Except when they do
>>
>>67219067
Don't elaborate unless you absolutely have to
Your player's imaginations will come up with worse than whatever you're thinking of
>>
>>67226542
But it wasn't. The characters we super generic nobodies, and we are talking about a show were every character is based off another character from a different show. Your basic logic would be that the opening is a meta commentary on JRPGs because the opening characters all have basic final fantasy classes, and would be immediately ignoring everyone has final fantasy classes.

There are literally no JRPG tropes being made fun of, and the entire thing is based off D&D 3rd edition. You are tilting at windmills.
>>
>>67222124
actually, certain species displace their relatives via reproductive advantage, when hybrids inherit traits of only one parent.
>>
RAPE GOBLINS ARE THE LEAST PRACTICAL SHIT ON EARTH, A SPECIES THAT REQUIRES SWARMING TO LIVE COULD NOT SURVIVE BY HIJACKING THE SLOWEST WOMBS IN TOWN, HUMANS.
OR GOD FORBID FUCKING ELVES.
THERE HAVE TO BE GOBLIN FEMALES, OR THE GOBLINS HAVE TO USE FUCKING XENOMORPH TIER HOST DEVOURING REPRODUCTIVE CYCLES TO BE ABLE TO SWARM FASTER THAN HUMANS BREED.
>>
>>67234119
Why the fuck are you assuming the gestation time for goblin babies has anything to do with the hosts womb?
>>
>>67219067
the demons on the surface aren't and shouldn't be scarier than warcrime-tier gobbos

because the demons you do see on the surface work really fucking hard to suppress the chaotic evil elements in order to present a thin veneer of civility to better entrap souls
the only time you see the chaotic stupid torture porn evil demons on the surface is when the gates of hell have been flung wide open and evil has already won

brutality after all accomplishes so much less than underhanded dealings with a front of diplomacy
>>
>>67234227
Because the host womb determines gestation time motherfucker.
Unless, you know, you are skipping the whole "womb hijacking" thing and just planting xenomorph style eggs.
>>
>>67234249
>Because the host womb determines gestation time motherfucker.
Why?
>>
>>67234263
Because it is part of the host organism, and as long as you play by womb-rules, it can auto-abort the fetus if it is irregular in any major way, and they do so fucking constantly in the real world?

Like, the ratio of babies-that-make-it to babies-that-landed-but-were-then-flushed is remarkable, before any kind of contraceptive.

This is why you need to skip the womb system and go straight for more invasive methodology.
>>
>>67234119
>OR THE GOBLINS HAVE TO USE FUCKING XENOMORPH TIER HOST DEVOURING REPRODUCTIVE CYCLES
spot on
the xenomorph doesnt take hosts to reproduce, it's fully capable of reproduction from a single queen
it takes hosts to diversify genetics

rape goblins aren't breeding with elves or humans in the traditional sense, they're just putting parasitic buds inside the logical receptacle
there are no half goblins.
>>
>>67220168
Hi
Thanks for sharing this link
I was looking for something like that to read and nobody I know would recommend this site
Thank you - thanks tg, stay awesome
>>
>>67220242

i heard you get some really terrifying demon visions if you smoke 100% pure meth
>>
>>67219067
Whenever they 'kill' one of your players, or an NPC, they don't actually brutally murder them, they simply grab hold of them and teleport back to Hell, or the Abyss, or whatever passes for the bleakest and most horrible place in your setting. Make it so when Demons go out for raids on mortals, they are forbidden to return unless they bring a fresh, living victim with them. Even the largest and most horrible demons should only take one person at a time, as if they take huge handfuls of dozens of people it's implied that the demons don't intimately torture and brutally rape/kill their victims, but might instead keep them in prisons or dungeons which would give your players hope that they can be rescued.

Try to tell your players as little of this as possible. This leaves it to their imagination for the most horrible fate a person can suffer, and also prevents you from being that DM by going into gratuitous detail about torture, rape, blood and guts.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.