[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html

It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group? Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>NPC
https://pastebin.com/nSZLzXZ4
https://pastebin.com/eFAZMMmv
https://pastebin.com/2G0J829q

Previous Thread >>67188643

The Realm download link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16g2BvtVcT-fs0iTySoXsEc7Jn9y4IdMG/view

>How would a Solar avoid the Wild Hunt while still building up a power base? How would it vary between the various major regions of Creation?

>What should a Solar or Lunar keep in mind when fighting DBs, and vice-versa?

>What should players keep in mind for each Direction?
>>
File: CuteLunar6.jpg (332 KB, 900x1273)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>67212613
>thread post is the cute Lunar

Glorious.
>>
Last thread is like the prime example of why I stay away from social abilities unless I'm sure my ST is a cool guy.
>>
>>67212613
In the South and the North you’re dealing with the Wyld Hunt as funded by the Realm, operating out of whatever satrapy. Not as dangerous as they used to be but still scary.

In the East you’re usually not dealing with Realm Wyld Hunts, but Lookshy’s. While dangerous, they can’t swing their dicks around as much and collateral damage is frowned upon. Lookshy is an (important) member of the League of Rivers but not Superking Bignuts.

In the West you’re not dealing with the Wyld Hunt typically. You’re dealing with Peleps and V’neef and whatever fucktard posses they can scratch together.
>>
>>67212854
I would honestly like a game where I make Mnemon my waifu in spite of being a degenerate Anathema
>>
>>67212899

I would too. I'd even be wholesome about it.

The one game where she was a relevant NPC I was playing her grandson so it wouldn't have worked out.
>>
>>67212928
At first she would think of me as a useful asset, but eventually a peer or even friend.

Eventually she would dismiss her consorts and bed-slaves, and we would embrace monogamy albeit with occasional threesomes with consenting participants
>>
>>67212613
>>67212803
Got any more cute Lunars? It's been a very long time since red panda lunar waifu.
>>
>>67213026
Has anyone statted Red Panda Waifu with Fangs at the Gate?
>>
File: CuteLunar22.jpg (74 KB, 1237x646)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>67213026
>https://www.deviantart.com/Kate-FoX/gallery/31056010/My-OC

A ton, specifically of that foxgirl, apparently its someone's OC.
>>
Jesus Christ, that last thread really hammered in the autism levels on this site.

On a different note, I asked last thread why someone had stated Potent was the only poison mutation worth getting. Could anyone explain? I was considering Paralytic for a spider lunar.
>>
>>67213174
>Jesus Christ, that last thread really hammered in the autism levels on this site.

I swear to god there was one dude who was banned from nearly every discussion site and a couple of discord’s because he kept on trying to argue Celestial Bliss Trick promoted rape and too many people kept on yelling him to fuck off.

Notanautomaton or something. SuffVel made a rule specifically for this dude.
>>
File: Celestial Bliss Trick.jpg (814 KB, 1307x528)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>67213438
His level of autism is kind of impresive.
But is good to see that no one listens to him.
>>
File: lunar combat.jpg (92 KB, 557x495)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
How close are the Lunars to Solar power in 3e? If I have a part of mixed solar/lunars, are they going to run into any major issues?
>>
>>67213653
Lunars are a lot closer this time around, but most trial combats showed Solars winning more often losing. A mixed group would be fine.
>>
>>67212613
>avoid the hunt
Well, IIRC, thee's a part of the East where the Realm doesn't like to go because Lunars kick the shit out of them all the time so it's not worth it. But then you're trading the hunt for Lunars.

>keep in mind when fighting
Don't underestimate anyone. All exalted are deceptively strong.

>Most importantly
That Lunar is fucking adorable holy shit.
>>
>>67213889
She gonna eat that birb
>>
>>67213653
Solars are more powerfull but lunars can do stuf that solars can't
>>
What's your Exalted group's biggest accomplishment? Any edition.
>>
>>67212862
Thanks for the summary. What tactics would you recommend for gaining power while still avoiding these forces?
>>
>>67212613
>What should a Solar or Lunar keep in mind when fighting DBs, and vice-versa?

Numbers are a huge advantage this edition. An Ess 1 Solar can slaughter an Ess 5 Dragonblood in a single turn, but a higher Ess Solar will struggle against several Ess 3 Dragonblooded. Never fight alone, and don't be afraid to rely on fellow PCs if a Wyld Hunt comes calling. Even if they're only 5 DBs, a buddy can keep a great deal of pressure off of you.
>>
>>67215301
Generally? Fly under the radar. Don't make yourself public knowledge. If they have rumors of anathema activity in a township, don't let them put a name and a face to you. Move on quickly if you think the Wyld Hunt is knocking. Try not to make yourself famous or infamous early on. As you get stronger, gain more infrastructure, allies, and resources, then be bolder. Just remember that you can't hide forever.

Also, if your principle enemies are the likes of Abyssals or Infernals, they won't like a Wyld Hunt any more than you do and the Wyld Hunt won't care if Anathema butt heads with each other. If you want good enemies to blood yourselves on and with nice stuff to loot, they're great. Just avoid the Deathlords themselves.
>>
Does anyone know if the developers or any of the team explained if the larceny charms and bypass measure the wind?
>>
File: 243353.jpg (1.64 MB, 1736x2455)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>67213653
Solars are technically more powerful but Lunars can turn themselves into giantesses.
>>
>>67215886
From my understanding, Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise would not work, but Perfect Mirror would.
>>
>>67215970
But is there an official respond on it?
>>
>>67216035
Well, looking at the actual text for Measure the Wind, I was somewhat wrong

"Measure the Wind can pierce mundane disguises, but not any deception created or reinforced by Essence, such as Solar Larceny Charms or Lunar shapeshifting."

So it looks like Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise also beats Measure the Wind.
>>
>>67215900
Sorcery workings.
>>
>>67216096
Huh, so does that mean any other method similar to Measure the Wind would meet the same result or is that the only one that is basically "detect your exalted?"
>>
File: 1493606390406.png (1.54 MB, 2000x2000)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>67216181
Sorcerous workings take a while and require preparation and planning. As much as a giantess sun demigod is fun and all (especially with her occasional bouts of Great Curse caused craziness), there are times when such a form would be inconvenient and she wouldn't be able to change in a convenient amount of time. On the other hand, a Solar-made plague that shrinks mortals is always a possibility...
>>
>such a form would be inconvenient
If you still have problems you haven't gotten big enough.
>>
>>67216292
Mortal armies have no hope of ever defeating a giant exalt, but other exalts absolutely can do such a thing. After all, the Primordials were the size of entire worlds and the Exalts still defeated them.
>>
>>67216220
I think it's safe to assume that other forms of detection might penetrate magical disguises. But not Measure the Wind.
>>
>>67216331
>Mortal armies have no hope of ever defeating a giant exalt, but other exalts absolutely can do such a thing. After all, the Primordials were the size of entire worlds and the Exalts still defeated them.
If you still have problems you haven't gotten big enough. If your left ass cheek isn't bigger than creation then you deserve to get destroyed by the db's.
>>
>>67216412
You don't fix the problem by adding more size, you fix it by changing the sorcerous working so as to make her invulnerable to all damage (save for one mandatory weak point). Solar exalts can do bullshit like punch through reality, so size alone will not fix this for much the same reason that sending a billion man mortal army against a sufficiently strong exalt would just lead to a lot of dead mortals.
>>
>>67215409
Is there any region-specific things to consider?
>>
File: 1544143970509.jpg (1.44 MB, 3000x4249)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
Every time I see the garbage in 3E that passes for art I get sad. Have some art that isn't shit and a fuckload more Exalted than 90% of the current Exalted art.
>>
>>67217320
If we're being honest 1E and 2E wasn't much better, Mel Uran excepted.
>>
>>67216331
Exalted history is best summarised as:
Creation to fall of primordials: Everything is horrible because the creators are horrible.
Fall of Primordials to First Age: Holy shit, that was metal, everything is awesome.
First age to second age: Everything is horrible because the rulers are maniacs.
Second age to ToT: Everything is horrible because our new, non-maniacal rules are complete assholes and are too weak to suppress the utter bullshit running around creation.
ToT onwards: Everything is horrible because the maniacs are back with moustache twirling evil twins.
>>
>>67213653
Solars got nerfed to shit so a lot closer
>>
>>67217378
Better than Tumblr art 3e
>>
Last thread really hammered home never to play a social exalt in 3e
>>
>>67217320
I wish I could see the design sheet they handed people. I mean, retards screeching over everything else 3e related aside, the Art is the one thing that really shits me. There's some improved stuff in the realm book, but that's only relative to the current 3e stuff - it's passable, not fantastic. I just want to understand the reasoning, and I think the design docco's might help.
>>
>>67218132
>ToT onwards: Everything is horrible because the maniacs are back with moustache twirling evil twins
More like Solars are about to Make Creation Great Again.
>>
>>67218194
>I wish I could see the design sheet they handed people
SJW's just have shit taste, and a lot of fantasy western art is far too grounded in "muh realism" for anything truly fantastical or evocative. Thats all there is to it. Even Uran's pieces managed to look like shit in this new edition, which is a real fucking shit 'miracle' considering thats one of the few artists I'd consider "good" and "definitive" for Exalted, given their history with the setting and their art.
>>
>>67218197
What would Lil Donnie's Supernal be?
According to that one "BEST SEX I'VE EVER HAD" pic, he already knows CBT
>>
>>67218132
>First age to second age: Everything is horrible because the rulers are maniacs.
Nah. The First Age had several distinct eras, which were never perfectly explained, but are present in both 2e and 3e if arms is a good indication.

Early First Age was basically Sword&Sorcery, with Solars creating numerous kingdoms, taming the wilderness, the chaos, sometimes waging wars. Then the deliberative was created, and it was a stable, low-key, Realm-like, First Age for a while. The Primordial who fled returned and waged a war for a century iirc, which is yet another era, and after that there was the High First Age, and after that the Late First Age era.

Things really started to go to shit with the Late First Age era. Things really started to go supreme magitek with the High First Age. Before that, Creation was decently managed.
>>
>>67218259
Presence.
>>
>>67218259
Presence, of course. Thats why no one believes him except people who want to believe him, mimicking Presence's crippled, shitty Charm set that can't bypass the "NO" that is Willpower, in 3E's social system.
>>
>>67215409
>you can't hide forever
The hell I can't! I'm a Night Caste!

In Storyteller discussion, has anyone else ever had a problem figuring out how the hell to set up a quest for Solars and the like? It's not like they answer to anyone, so it's really difficult for me to come up with a way to give them their marching orders, or come up with some kind of adventure worthy of an exalt's blinding levels of awesome.
>>
>>67218322
3E specifically shit on everyones powers just so brainlets could run a game without their precious little heads exploding from PC's that could actually go out and do things, and not just be led around by the nose. If you're still having trouble even with this limp dick new rules set, you probably just need to play D&D.
>>
>>67218342
I haven't even touched 3E yet. I'm still in 2E where it feels like everyone and their mom is more powerful than Solars when their splatbook comes out.

I did get one successful game done (my main problem is finding players who aren't brainlets who complain that making a character and learning the system is too hard)... It mostly came down to asking my players what they want to do in advance. They essentially ended up leading a Mongol steppe horde to settle around the ruins of their First Age manse and run a nation builder game. I didn't have the supplement for nations though, so after it was established, I had to bullshit like crazy.
>>
>>67215409
Why can’t you hide forever?
>>
>>67220148
Not that anon, but I feel this is one of the reasons they mention essence fever in this edition.

Exalts are compelled to act, to follow their dreams and to seize glory. And they are not only compelled to spend essence to do so, but the act of doing so brings about a kind of transcendent ectasy.

Sure, as a Night Caste, you could be a master of disguise or stealth - or you could just live your life hidden as a farmer - but your essence screams at you to do bigger or bigger things. The kind of things that get you noticed, even if it's as a mysterious phantom thief that no one ever sees or hears.
>>
>>67218132
That is factually incorrect. It was more like this:
Creation to Fall of Primordials: Everything is pretty good. Dragon Kings and other favored races rule Creation.
Primordials War: Everything is totally fucked, including time.
First age to second age: At first, the world is massively damaged, and everything sucks for everyone. Then the Exalts slowly rebuild. Then everything is horrible because the rulers are maniacs.
Second age to ToT: Everything is horrible because our new, non-maniacal rules are complete assholes and are too weak to suppress the utter bullshit running around creation.
ToT onwards: Everything is horrible because the maniacs are back with moustache twirling evil twins.
>>
>>67220256
>essence fever
Another problem that didn't need solving.
>>
>>67218191
>never play a social Exalt
>>
>>67220148
>>67220256

It’s not just Essence Fever, that largely just exists to reinforce the idea that you’re meant to go out and do things instead of being a passive mediocrity.

But more than that, the reason you can’t hide forever is because eventually you’ll encounter something too significant, or accomplish something too great, to keep your head down. You have an anime banner that makes you visible for miles. You have a power set that relies on you being up front and visible. And you have enemies that will happily butcher you if you’re not willing to go all out. And other people will notice.

Just, when this does happen, make sure you’ve made some powerful friends or at least cast enough doubt on the narrative that Anathema are the Real Monsters
>>
>>67218191
I am pretty certain it was one specific internet autist that could never get over his obsession with proving that 3E was badwrongfun due to Celestial Bliss Trick.

He also shits up the CofD threads
>>
>>67220468
Is that what you took away from that? What I got is that some people out there won't let you socially change an NPC even if you have a defining intimacy on them. Fuckers literally went "just spend willpower lol"
>>
>>67220512
Ohhh we’re not gonna get roped into this again.

Nice try Dif
>>
>>67220414
I've played with the player who never flares their anima, or abuses Disguise of the New Face so that it looks like a Dragonblood's if they have to, who stays in their tower rather than go out and interact with the world, never tells anyone (including the PCs) that they're an exalt, even when all the party are members of the cult of the illuminated, who amasses demons, elementals and mortal sorcerors to do their work for them so there's a layer of deniability, who sets up a secret camp where DBs are raped by 1st circle demons to make their soldiers of tomorrow. So these players do exist.

Of course, they also added sorcerous workings, so now they just do a working to have 1000-odd sorcerously loyal minions who breed true, are more powerful than a dragon-blood, all live thousands of years, each of them are is a terrestrial sorceror and they love nothing more than mining aluminium.
>>
>>67220606
I get it, but, you’d think his close association with other Exalts would put him regardless
>>
>>67220618
I've seen players hide in their temple manses and only interact with the rest of the party via infallable messenger or agents.Or just claim to be a poor mortal servant sorcersly caught in the party's thrall.

I mean I can't complain, not really. The dark secret is ">that guy" lurks in the beating heart of all of us. And given the chance people will optimize the fun right out of a game. Whether these were tools needed to address these issues or if the issues could be addresed fine is one thing, but pretending these issues never came up is something else.

By and large I think Essence Fever is a pretty good edition to the game, especially with the change in how exaltation works (which I disagree with). Progenitive Essence I don't think was particularly nescesary, but then again, I don't think the Great Curse was nescesary either.
>>
>>67220414
>>67220606
>>67220618
>>67220679
You know that is one thing about Exalted I feel as if people won't agree with. Often by large I really wonder how many people like to deal with the idea of a wyld hunt because I do like to hide my solar identity; however, you will eventually be caught because spirits tech to realize you're a solar with measure the wind or whatever.

I honestly think the real problem with hiding forever is less your anima banner, but more that unless the gm sets the bar high for what a mortal can do. You can't pretend to be mortal. I dunno about godblooded though.

I do think that Essence Fever is a good explanation for why exalted tend to get caught and show less control over their spending urges I think.
>>
>>67220841
>I do think that Essence Fever is a good explanation for why exalted tend to get caught and show less control over their spending urges I think.
It's too tacky. Human nature should be more than sufficient.
>>
>>67220968
Most humans would rather lead quiet and comfortable lives rather than high risk ones of violence and danger. It’s true that a young Solar’s life expectancy is lower than that of a mortal peasant that keeps his head down in the Age of Sorrows.

Essence Fever reinforces the idea that Exalts are people who would embrace a short but high action life
>>
>>67221073
Most humans don't have superpowers. Most humans wouldn't even exalt.
>>
>>67220272
Essence Fever was alluded to in 1E you Dif
>>
>>67212803
Why is she wearing those bandages over her tits? I eman she isn’t modest anyway, might as well let her bewbs hang out.
>>
>>67221284
Stop namedropping your favorite eceleb. You're shitting up this general.
>>
>>67221552
Pretty sure it's not for modesty. Even smaller boobs causes problems for athletic girls if you just let them swing free.
>>
Is it bad idea for a solar to openly announce his presence to dragonbloods and challenge their best warrior to a duel?
>>
>>67221655
Honestly, I feel like that depends on the type of GM you have at that point.
I as a GM love that sort of goofy dramatic shit and would totally honor that. But there's some that would have the DBs be pragmatic, agree to it, then fucking dogpile you to death.
>>
>>67221655
Depends on your current circumstances.
>>
>>67213590
Someday I'll beat the chink who made that image to within an inch of his life with a two inch margin of error
>>
>>67221655
It depends on the gm but in creation as default that isn't a great idea. You would likely get your ass beat in 3e by a proper elder, but if it's a young solar versus a young dragonblood they should lose.

In fluff I think only the dumbest of realm/lookshy people would try to beat a solar one versus one. They know full well what an anathema is capable. You have to realize that the average dragonblood doesn't go pass 3 in ability more than likely. Perhaps you could argue that for npc solars, but they really are the type of great or autistic people that have a melee of 5 and at least a 4 in their main attributes. Most dbs aren't stupid to take that challenge or that confident honestly.
>>
>>67220512
Personally I think abusing someone or eroding Definings via mere argument instead of dramatic demonstrations or scenes would be something that would get people to spend WP. Getting a Monk to abandon the order by virtue of argument is more boring and less visceral than revealing that the local abbot was tacitly endorsing a genocide. Similarly a scene where you get Mnemon to indefinitely ignore the Immaculates by getting her to spend time with you is possible but dull and probably something that would be willpower’d, but putting her in a situation where you time things poorly so she keeps getting called away by business before she’s satisfied and frustration builds until you infiltrate a monastery disguised as a naive young initiate with App 5 who just took their vows of celibacy, where she is compelled to seduce and ravish you only for a scandalized Monk to witness everything. This situation is something she got herself in, the final act was done through her own actions, and is consistent with her character while being a dramatic shock to her worldview and ethics, and if I were ST she wouldn’t spend WP.

Plus it’s way hotter!

What I’m saying is I liked the argument that CBT’s mechanics was just the first step into turning Mnemon into your waifu via a story of ambition conflicting with intimacy, and that seems to be objectively better taste than just running with the idea that CBT ought to be treated as an I win button, for a much more boring story besides.

My feeling is you shouldn’t turn someone who is as big a deal as Mnemon overnight like you would with some random mortal, much like how you me final fight with your Abyssal archrival shouldn’t be as perfunctory as shanking a scared conscript. And if Mnemon has to spend willpower like the Abyssal gets to no-sell some of your attacks with Resistance Charms for a longer and more dramatic battle, that’s fine.

That’s how I see it at least. If it’s boring or perfunctory you failed.
>>
>>67221927
Just use Soul-Bracing. It's the best social charm in the book and solves all problems with the system.
>>
>>67221892
Define "young". A young dragonblood is unlikley to face a young Solar. A young dragonblood has several years of schooling left and is probably doodling in the margin of their text book about how they're going to conquer the threshold, or which dynast they fancy.

A young solar is very quickly trying to come to terms with what happened to them and master their new powers before the DBs or Bronze faction come down on them like the fist of an angry god.

A DB who's been exalted for 10 years is liable to be just setting off into dynastic society, maybe enjoy a grandsneer round creation. A solar is liable to be approaching essence 3 and, if they've found a circle, capable of doing some very bad things.
>>
>>67221986
From what I read it just causes a temporary alteration that they can start to cancel out should it start harming Major or Defining intimacies, rather than a permanent shift in worldview. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>67222002
>Grand Sneer

I can’t be the only one that uses Ankh-Morpork as a model for Nexus, am I?
>>
Has someone cleaned up all charms of "fluff" yet?
>>
Why do Solars enjoy Cock&Ball Torture so much?
>>
>>67222018
You have to spend 3 willpower over Essence days, and you can only begin the process when confronted by how it's harming to your Major or Defining intimacies. In other words, even if your Defining tie spouse ends up dead as a result of some kind of social influence directed at you, you'll still have to spend time and a fuckton of willpower to resist its effects.

It's not even a Psyche effect.
>>
>>67222121
Because they can take it. They have the resistance charms.

>>67222096
Wat
>>
>>67222002
A young dragonblood being like 30 to 50 years after doing all their schooling and what have you. That is when they'd be more likely to make mistakes like challenging a solar one versus one.

An elder dragonblood is someone like 100 to 300 years old. An elder dragonblood could probably take on a newly exalted solar in combat if he had to, but normally they're smart enough to get help. Although not even all elders are like Cainan. And yes if a solar is able to live long enough to see ten years of their life after exaltation then most people won't be able to beat them in their field of expertise.

I'm still not sure how common it is for solars to find circles in the second age even with a weaken wyld hunt. I always though that was strictly a pc thing. To be honest, I feel like most exalts probably are arrogant enough that they'd break away from their circle and split the party because they feel that powerful.
>>
>>67222132
Yeah, it’s really strong. But in game it just functions as temporary insanity up until the person breaks free.

What I’m saying is intimacies by conventional social manipulation is much more durable.
>>
>>67222174
Conventional social manipulation barely works unless the other side willingly lets it happen.
>>
>>67222148
>I'm still not sure how common it is for solars to find circles in the second age even with a weaken wyld hunt. I always though that was strictly a pc thing. To be honest, I feel like most exalts probably are arrogant enough that they'd break away from their circle and split the party because they feel that powerful.

I’m reasonably sure it’s a Destiny thing, and the Gold Faction would love to set you up. But there are NPC Circles in the game as well, the Bull’s being the most famous.
>>
>>67222196
Disagree but we’ll be at it all day and just rehashing arguments from older threads.

Either way Soul Bracing Momentous Power is a good sledgehammer to the brain to get quick and dirty results.
>>
>>67222138
Reading and referencing charms is a chore thanks to the fact they are a paragraph of garbage and a line of mechanics. Has someone cut out the garbage and posted it online.
>>
>>67221927
>Personally I think abusing someone or eroding Definings via mere argument instead of dramatic demonstrations or scenes would be something that would get people to spend WP.
I kind of get this, but I can't help but feel like it disincentivizes mechanical investment into social abilities.
>>
>>67222248
There might be an updated version of it out there somewhere.
>>
>>67222298
Thank you very much
>>
>>67222250
I feel that if you have no social, it doesn’t matter how shocking you make it, because you can’t articulate the epiphany they’re supposed to have. A Monk who finds himself a party to religious genocide may rationalize it as a Grim Necessity, especially if his fellow monks try to talk him through his crisis of faith.

Again, if it’s something on the scale of a minor or major intimacy, or something involving a person who is way less of a big deal, I’d make it more matter of fact. But a major antagonist or obstacle should never be anticlimax, I think that’s just bad storytelling.

It’s the difference between converting a mortal Immaculate Monk the GM never bothered to name versus getting Peleps Deled to join the Cult of the Illuminated
>>
>>67215409
What about specifically in the West? The East? Etc?
>>
When you use indefinite effects can you commit the motes from you peripheral pool without flaring?
>>
>>67222473
You'll flare but only temporarily.
>>
We have exalted arena but there was never a social arena. As far a I know these mechanics are untested.
>>
>>67222235
>Disagree but we’ll be at it all day and just rehashing arguments from older threads.
The very fact you disagree shows it doesn't work, because thats the real life version of spending WP. And shows how common it would be. And I doubt Exalted is even anyone's big intimacy here. Hell, the only big intimacy here is the guy who keeps masturbating to his online husbandou, Dif, and can't stop mentioning the name every 2 posts.
>>
>>67222819
It's not an objective system. Too much is left in the hands of the ST.
>>
>>67222819
Because you can't have a social arena. Past editions were "Do as I say." with a prompt "YESSUM MASSAH". 3E is "Who the fuck knows because any given character can have intimacy's that are designed to fuck you, or not, and only Solar Performance is worth shit because it ignores the basic problems with the system by stepping over it like previous editions did with all social skills".
>>
>>67222863
>Past editions were "Do as I say." with a prompt "YESSUM MASSAH".
You could spend willpower to resist back then too, except it took a lot more depending on degrees of success.
>>
>>67222298
Holy shit where has this been all my life. I have been playing a socialize character for a while now and several charms go almost unused because I'm an idiot who find them confusing.
>>
>>67222898
Except you'd burn that WP away easily in 2E, or not even get a resistance in 1E, you'd just instantly become their slave.
>>
>>67222434
Don’t forget the other directions!
>>
>>67222934
You mean like the far west and far east?
>>
>>67222898
Nope. It was only ever a flat cost in 2E
>>
>>67222863
>Past editions were "Do as I say." with a prompt "YESSUM MASSAH"
To be fair, MDV typically worked against UMI, and if you have transcendent hero meditation you basically don’t have to deal with social stuff.
>>
>>67222434
The West will give you a way easier time, simply because Realm presence is so minimal and all the locals hate House Peleps for playing Conquistador and stealing all their shit. Even the local fucking Deathlord is sick of Peleps trying to mug him and is more willing to be your friend than your enemy in order to get them to fuck off.

The East is mostly Lookshy with some Realm presence outside the Scavenger Lands. Lookshy itself is more focused on Abyssals because everyone is shitting bricks over Mask of Winters and Thorns, but neither Thorns nor Lookshy want to commit to anything decisive because they know Ma-Ha-Suchi will tear apart whoever is left. So all the big powers are busy fighting each other while you go about
>>
>>67222997
>far west
And now I pictured a wild west adventure on ships, with grizzled pistoleros wielding artefact firewands dueling on the beach in front of the local inn
>>
>>67220256
It's less compelled than being drunk on power, and most of it is tamed after two or three weeks. It's a surge of energy that wants you to move, right now, immediately, be used, but it's basically just removing your inhibitions, for a time until you learn to calm yourself.

Essence Fever is one of the (uncommon) good ideas introduced in 3e, but it's a good idea exactly because it is not a strong compulsion. Solars are more likely to be drunk on power, at first, until they learn to calm themselves, but it's not an absolute.

And it's not transcendent ecstasy, you dolt. Solars aren't drugs addict looking for their next fixes. It's just being drunk on essence, having all this power wanting to be used and vented, especially in the beginning. You're not orgasming every time you use an Excellency.
>>
>>67221073
>Most humans would rather lead quiet and comfortable lives rather than high risk ones of violence and danger.
The Exaltation wouldn't come to those humans. That was always explanation enough for why you should play a go-getter without involving Essence Fever.
>>
>>67223884
>The Exaltation wouldn't come to those humans
That falls apart because a genius scholar who sits around all day theorycrafting is eligible for Exaltion due to pushing the limits of reality, even if they never leave their lab. Some Exalt's are bookworms, it just happens.
>>
>>67223352
I should add, Prasad in the Dreaming Sea is, while hostile to Anathema, still willing to convert and indoctrinate Solars and Lunars rather than just kill them by default. So, you can always try to fake them out if you’re a good talker.
>>
That's supposition. I haven't seen even an altercation between normal people in the social system. I'm sure the exalted combat plays just fine with two mortals, I've seen it, but I don't know that when it comes to social. If someone would start with something like, two farmers arguing about land
>>
>>67223352
What about the North and South?
>>
>>67224971
Mostly Realm controlled on the coasts, expect a more organized effort on their part to hunt you down. The Realm’s Wyld Hunt is now largely composed of two very different groups of people: failures in over their heads whose Houses hope will die out in the field, and the absolutely scary fanatics that won’t let a thing like a pending Civil War keep them from doing their job. They’re less well funded, you’ll likely be facing a smaller team of five traveling light rather than an entire hunting party backed up by a small army of mortals. Even if they’re ”just Dragonblooded” and an Ess 1 Dawn can 1v1 an Ess 5 Dragonblooded, being outnumbered by two or three to one will probably kill you regardless of how good you are. They’ll take losses but you’ll still be dead. If you’re traveling in a Circle, don’t split off or let them separate you. If you’re on your own, get somewhere where you’re not and don’t try to fight them all at once.

They’re overstretched and underfunded, and they likely won’t chase you down unless the Realm considers you a serious threat. By the time you are ready to meddle with Dynasts or sack a Satrapy or two, make sure you’re ready if a Wyld Hunt moves in on the area.
>>
>>67223758
>not having an orgasm every time you pop a full Excellency
>>
>>67225160
Also keep in mind you’re not “just” fighting a Wyld Hunt. A Hearth of five is intimidating but perfectly manageable for a full party of Celestials. But they’ll also be bringing in anything they can scrounge up and throw at you. If you’re in or near a satrapy expect its garrison to sally forth. There will also be other Dragonblooded based in the area who’d be out to kill you. There are will be spies and informants trying to find out who you are and where you’re most vulnerable. They will attempt to ambush you if they can or pick one of you off if you’re isolated. If you have that much attention on you. The less they know about you, the better. The more assets and allies of your own you have with you, the better.

If they go out into boonies chasing after you, they’ll most likely be a small team operating mostly on their own, without much resources or allies in territory that you’ve likely influenced in your favor. If they’re hunting for you in a place where the Realm is strong, the deck is really stacked in their favor.
>>
>>67224682
I don’t think it’d be hard to put together, at least
>>
>>67225160
>>67225357

All of that depends on the gm to be honest. The wyld hunt is normally a joke in the game i've played in, but that was to help other people's power fantasy. The wyld hunt that is completely willing to do everything they can to take out anathema groups don't tend to pop up as much in games I think.

The most dangerous thing to watch out for is a flood of mortals trying to overwhelm you first though.
>>
>>67225675
Yeah again, mostly you’ll get a bunch of idiots or embarrassments basically on a vacation in Fantasy Fucking Vietnam, but there are members of the Immaculate Order forming their own Hunts and at least in 2E the Dragon Styles were absurd and scary. I haven’t seen the 3E ones in action, but it’s absolutely true that they are mostly competent and very committed.
>>
>>67221927
Honestly for all that Celestial Bliss Trick discussion bogs down in mechanical minutia, I really do like the idea of gradually winning over people I really ought to have no business being with.

But I think we're thinking to small, and what we really ought to do is go for someone like the Scarlet Empress, or one of the Deathlords.
>>
>>67226442
>you will never run an Exalted campaign where the primary goals of two players of the group are to marry the First and Forsaken Lion and the Scarlet Empress
>you will never see them fulfill their goals and marry their imperial and abyssal sweethearts the same day and in the same place, with another player conducting the ceremony
>you will never manage to have the two of them make peace in the following feast
>>
>>67226512
>marrying two power hungry cunts
Why
>>
>>67226725
As a Solar player, the only answer that can be given to this is "Why not?"
>>
Damn, I went to OPP forums to check on what's up, and our thread seem downright comfy now. The level of pretentious passive-aggressive faggorty there is off the charts. Any attempt at creative thread is instantly bogged down with trite bullshit. Someone made a nice prompt about alien invasions in Exalted, complete with some writefaggotry, and the first things those people do? Argue how the writer is incorrect, and the charms don't work that way, and fuck. Can they not separate mechanics from narrative at all, even while championing the very same case of separation at the same time? And the devs constantly surrounded by those people.
Thank you, anons, for being here and not being such faggots. Better our half-dead thread then those 27000+ post count assholes.
>>
>>67227050
>alien invasions
What do you think fae are?
>>
>>67227050
You're defending an Accelerator thread. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>67227050

It's an inherently broken/toxic online community, with hugbox tendencies and "do it for free" moderators who are just the most slavish bootlickers granted authority (I'm looking at you, Lioness).
>>
>>67227187
I wish you fags would stop bringing up shit from garbage forums here. First this shit from the retard spouting his husband Dif every 5 seconds, now you're dragging the retarded official forum shit here. 4chan isn't the place for you to shit on the rug and pretend it's candy, go do that on the official forum.
>>
>>67212613
Can you wield gauntlets with melee in 2.5e?
>>
>>67226725
The scarlet empress obviously has appearance 5 that's why. Although I honestly think they've dialed that back and she might just be a 4 or something.

As for the first forsaken lion he's a badass with appearance 5...hideous? That and I think he's the one who's being blue-balled by that bird deathlord.
>>
>>67227050
This is not your personal hugbox. You should go back.
>>
>>6722025
PIDF plz go
>>
>>67225457
But there has to be a system master willing to do it
>>
I went to take a look at Holdens twitter...
Wow I have never seen so much paranoia and all round craziness in my life.
>>
Are there any spells that sorcerors have access to in 3e that allows them to deal with spirits or no?
>>
>>67227244
Ok, Dif

Also >>67227389
>>
>>67227783
You need to go back.
>>
>>67227836
>No u
>>
>/exg/-Name dropping and other forums general
>>
>>67227748
I know right? I made a twitter just to talk to him about ExWoD and all his posts are Drumpf and tranny shit. I've made a second twitter to shitpost but I fear the second I post anything critical of his politics he'll just ban and move on.
>>
>>67221638
You think Lunars with huge tits suffer from back pain? I doubt that, I doubt that a lot. Those things could be the size of watermelons and she could still do backflips.
>>
>>67228179

Yup. Plus it's not like the setting doesn't bend over backwards to say that things like pregnancy etc. don't impair women like they do in real life.

Though it'd be just like the SJW clique writing the books to say that attractive women are unfit and can't be Exalted.
>>
>>67228234
>>67228179
>>67221552
I find clothing prettier then nudity, fight me IRL.

Lunar in a kimono>>>>Lunar in body-paint and a loincloth.
>>
>>67228234
SJWs actually adore systems like Exalted, where most anything you design is not only viable, but thematically appropriate. SJWs would be the last people to get seriously miffed at sexy women in your game of demigods.
>>
>>67228179
Back pain? That's not what I was referring to at all. That's only really an issue with massive tracks of land.
I'm talking about shit like tendons tearing if modest mammaries flop about too much.
>>
>>67228332
Why would I fight you when you’re right? Though you forgot the best one,
>Lunar in a loose-fitting kimono that shows off everything when she bends over or lets one of the shoulders slip, but she doesn’t give a shit because of course she doesn’t
>>
>>67228348

SJWs would be the last people to get seriously miffed at sexy women

SJWs are generally hostile towards straight male sexuality.
>>
>>67228348
>SJWs would be the last people to get seriously miffed at sexy women in your game
SJW's quite literally hate everything. Especially sexy women.
>>
>>67228381
Do Solars suffer from salmonella if they eat undercooked seafood? Can old Dragonblooded get arthritis? Do Lunars suffer from erectile dysfunction?

You’re talking about the woes of lesser beings. Lunars don’t suffer from floppy tits or torn ligaments because they’re above such things.
>>
>>67228428
Fair enough, but there's still the basic problems of them throwing off your balance and getting in the way.
>>
>>67227282
>Although I honestly think they've dialed that back and she might just be a 4 or something.
Obviously since Exalted is no longer able to have attractive females anymore
>>
>>67227748
>Wow I have never seen so much paranoia and all round craziness in my life.
I don't know, the people in these threads that think that only one person is behind every post critical of 3e are pretty paranoid
>>
>>67228348
>SJWs would be the last people to get seriously miffed at sexy women in your game of demigods.
Are you joking? There's a reason why all western video game female characters are always ugly now and that's because of SJWs hating attractive women
>>
>>67228542
Most of those are men who are trying to court the favor of SJWs, not SJWs themselves. If you want to get a better look at what SJWs think about appearances, consider pre-purge Tumblr and how much fucking porn was on that thing - and not just any porn, most of it was absolutely gorgeous hunks fucking voluptuous babes in all sorts of positions. Tumblr traffic fell like 70% because they banned the porn.
>>67228458
Balance doesn’t strike me as an issue because of the Lunar nature, but getting in the way? Yeah, I can see that. I’d figure Lunars with huge boobs would bind them down if they were getting in a scrap, but they wouldn’t have to bind them much unless we’re dealing with some truly monstrous mammaries.
>>
>>67228616
>Most of those are men who are trying to court the favor of SJWs, not SJWs themselves.

Nope. These people are one and the same.
>>
File: 1548060094106.png (844 KB, 725x1024)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
>>67228616
>but they wouldn’t have to bind them much unless we’re dealing with some truly monstrous mammaries
Those mighty milkers are the only acceptable ones.
>>
>>67228387
Nah that's worse then both.
>>
>>67218322
>In Storyteller discussion, has anyone else ever had a problem figuring out how the hell to set up a quest for Solars and the like? It's not like they answer to anyone, so it's really difficult for me to come up with a way to give them their marching orders, or come up with some kind of adventure worthy of an exalt's blinding levels of awesome.
At the end of the day, even Exalts are still people, and nobody is anybody without connections and resources. There's nothing particularly baffling about having exalts serving even mortal kings much like anyone else, at least for a time, until they build up their own connections and resources.
>>
>>67228851
>Solar cocksleeves 2e.png
>>
>>67228851
>not getting second rig and co-oping it up
>>
>>67228512
I guess but it is contained here.
Holden bought the consentration caps narrative to a point that I find ridiculous.
>>
>>67228332
Based and moonsilverpilled
>>
>>67228479
Man App 3 alone is "significantly better than human norm"
>>
>>67228512
>I don't know, the people in these threads that think that only one person is behind every post critical of 3e are pretty paranoid

Man, if you weren't sick of one dude making the same post over and over again about 3E cultists I don't know what to tell you, *that* was pretty obviously one obnoxious dude.
>>
>>67229547
Go back to whatever forum you've emigrated from. You aren't welcome here.
>>
>>67227966
So has he given any news on ExvsWod?
I coudn't find anithing there
>>
>>67229567
>Been here since 2012

Whatever you say Dif
>>
>>67229610
He put some previews up on his discord that got shared by other people. Among other things, Sidereals now get access to 3 different SMA styles, there's a mechanic for Solars/Abyssals where you can enhance a handful of your existing charms called Supernal/Apocalyptic, the new splat is Dragon Kings, and a bunch of Antediluvians get stats and write-ups.

Among other things.
>>
>>67229646
Oh, and also the new playable Splat type in ExWoD revised is Dragon Kings
>>
>>67229646
>Dragon kings
Hell yeah!
Is it a private discord?
Can someone share the previews?
>>
>>67229686
It was his patreon discord, but one of his patrons was willing to share details on a couple of other discords.
>>
>>67228616
>If you want to get a better look at what SJWs think about appearances, consider pre-purge Tumblr and how much fucking porn was on that thing - and not just any porn, most of it was absolutely gorgeous hunks fucking voluptuous babes in all sorts of positions.

Porn tumblr was a very different place from SJW tumblr. There was some overlap but most people just wanted to draw smut and otherwise stay out of all the insanity of the rest of tumblr. Everyone likes porn: normal people, weird people, autists, etc. Porn tumblr is dead now, now it's just SJW tumblr.

So no wonder traffic dropped like 70%.
>>
>>67229567
Anon you have to calm down. Nobody thinks you're actually Dif, as Dif is shitty and the worst. They're merely reflecting on how you're Dif-adjacent, and that you have unpleasant Dif-like characteristics. We can share more details, if you are curious.
>>
>>67229813
Seriously, fuck off. You are shitting all over this general with your off-topic garbage.
>>
>>67229702
Ok knowing that things are moving along is enogh.
Hope he can finish soon.
>>
>>67229851
I still like them better than the guy who spammed WOW I GUESS I'M NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE PERFECT 3E every fucking thread so they're an acceptable trade.

The thread was never good, merely better than alternatives.
>>
>>67228479
>>67229534
Appearance 3 is better than the normal amount I understand, but like that's the Scarlet Empress. You don't think she would have undergone plastic surgery or whatever to give her the fattest boobs or ass for appearance 6 or whatever for a bonus over her great house rivals? I will admit though when it comes to appearance it's always a weird subject because when someone isn't the hottest they think they're ugly for some reason.
>>
>>67229925
She was almost 800 years old at the time. Looks can fade, even for Exalts.
>>
>>67229925
Is it possible to break the 5. dot caps on atributes with workings?
If so of what circle?
>>
>>67230022
If it's just one dot? I'd probably put that down as Terrestrial.
>>
>>67230017
I think that you keep your appearance but it's context changes for example:
An appereance 4 kid is cute and adorable.
Appereance 4 adult looks hot as hell
Appereance 4 old person looks like a wise or respectable person or like an adorable granny.
>>
>>67227755
And does anyone know the answer to this one or ...?
>>
>>67230117
Sounds like someone has never seen a hot granny.
>>
>>67230135
It can change or not depends on each individual the point is that you don't lose App no matter the age.
>>
>>67230122
while we're on the topic, if anyone wants to answer this >>67213174 I'd appreciate it
>>
>>67226725
>not wanting to turn The Lover wholesome
>>
>>67228348
>SJWs would be the last people to get seriously miffed at sexy women
Made me reply
>>
>>67227906
There is a rule about that but what's moderation anyway
>>
>>67230667
Yeah but why though? Some people are sluts, you don’t need to change them you've been taking care of your Lunar, have you?
>>
I wan't to create an artifact weapon that improves the already awesome power of a solar grapler so you guys have any suggestions?
I was planing on making it Orichalcum and maybe blue jade.
It uses air currents to help you to grapple multiple oponents or grapple at a distance maybe allow you to use an improved version of dragon coil to grapple behemonth.
>>
>>67213438
>he kept on trying to argue Celestial Bliss Trick promoted rape
It does. If all you needed was three minutes to make someone your cockslave rape would be the most expedient way to do it.
>>
>>67221284
Who’s this fucking Dif person and why do you keep blowing his cock with every post?
>>
>>67230502
What do you mean by dealing?

There's Demon of the first circle, and Summon Elemental. But I dont think there are anything specifically for spirits. However certain Sorcerous Merits or Control spell effects that do help you with them
>>
>>67227050
>Can they not separate mechanics from narrative at all
If they were interested in that, 3e wouldn't have had natural language.
>>
File: bmpmte.png (327 KB, 617x675)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>67224682
>farmer
According to this, a farmer may have Resolve 1, Guile 1, and Appearance 1
>>
>>67231331
Ok Dif
>>
>>67231331
Red rule, nigga
>>
>>67231750
Irrelevant. We're talking in-game setting consistency and logic, not at-the-table gameplay.
>>
>>67231785
We've had a thread long argument about that last thread, and I agree with the interpretation that it gives you an in that would normally be impossible to have while you negotiate issues raised by preexisting and conflicting intimacies.

Also in-universe logic is worthless in the face of at-the-table gameplay regardless so who cares
>>
>>67231813
80% of Exalted discussion is about in-universe logic and not gameplay
>>
>>67231847
That doesn't sway me because more people theorycraft than play the fucking game.
>>
Celestial Exalted should be, and even in 3E arguably are, so inhumanely charismatic that relations with one can be considered rape depending on how coercive the Exalt is being with his Essence. Don't like it? Play a game where mind control isn't a power.
>>
>>67231944
Pretty much. Though, I do feel Social Influence in general is a really good and natural system, and clarifies what's inhuman charisma vs. outright brainwashing.
>>
>>67231626
And?
>>
Sex charms are a filter. Anyone that picks or manifests interest in them you just ban
>>
>>67232084
I'm fine with it as long as they're willing to fade to black.
>>
>>67232135
I said sex charms.
>>
>>67225160
What happens if you Exalt on the Isle?
>>
>>67232187
Yeah. Innuendo via the charms is fine but I'd rather not run anything explicit so just fade to black if things get to that point.
>>
>>67232199
It depends. If you're in a major urban center, the Wyld Hunt will try to hunt for you, and pretty persistently at that. However, there are isolated communities all over the place, and lots of secluded locations even the Great Houses are not aware of. You can last a long time if you shake your trackers and don't bite off more than you can chew.
>>
>>67232084
Fucking die or at least go back to hugbox.net
>>
>>67231944

I honestly agree with you.

Personally I think there should be something like an Essence 2 charm for solars that says "A mortal without supernatural blessings sucks your dick if you beat his Resolve. If you cannot beat their resolve with other charms then kill yourself".
>>
>>67232075
So if you want to see how farmer vs farmer social combat goes, play it out. 1 Resolve, 1 Guile, 1 Appearance, 3 Willpower, probably a 2 or 3 in anything else.
>>
>>67232084
>We shouldn't have charms for a thing that is a huge part of human interaction and culture in a game about playing humans++ because some people think it's icky and others can't be mature about it

Ya'll are bitches
>>
>>67232084
Just like Lunars and Infernals.
>>
>>67232483
I am willing to tolerate 3E Lunars, they seem to have more going for them than just furfaggotry
>>
>>67232387
>>67232279
Banned
>>67232483
You can join my game anytime
>>
>>67232498
Aren't they even more furfags this time aroud?
I mean it is their only option
>>
>>67232387
>Ya'll
>>
>>67232592
Are you still whining about the lack of an option no player every really bothered with?

If shapeshifting into random shit like ghosts and plants was so central how the fuck weren't there Blood Ape totem Lunars or Tree totem Lunars jesus.
>>
>>67232387
>>We shouldn't have charms for a thing that is a huge part of human interaction and culture in a game about playing humans++ because some people think it's icky and others can't be mature about it

There is no reason for specifically sexual Charms. Generic social Charms or at best specifically Romantic Charms are sufficient. While it may be metaphysically possible for a Solar to make a Charm that gives her a flexible puzzle vagina, there is absolutely no reason such a thing would ever come up outside of an ERP. Most games don't feature sexual content. Those that do fade to black.
>>
>>67232637
Because its fun Karen. Its a fucking hoot.
>>
>>67232665
It was never fun. It was worthless and weird and nobody understood how it worked. Was it just a disguise, or could you literally turn into a ghost and dematerialize? Nobody knew. The book never told us how it was meant to gamed. You could just do it, whatever.

2E Lunars was bad. So was 1E.
>>
>>67232652
In terms of charms like Celestial Bliss Trick, the important thing isn't the physical act itself, but rather the fallout that results from it. So I'm fine with it, frankly.
>>
>>67232757
Bad mechanics aren't bad concepts.
>>
>>67232483
>Not being able to handle the EDGE
Someone doesn't know what fun is
>>
>>67232778
I am satisfied that 3E gave us good mechanics for animal shifting, then, rather than bad mechanics for animal shifting, plant shifting, ghost shifting, god shifting, fae shifting......
>>
>>67232652
I don't want onscreen sex charms, nor do I need them. On the other hand, flirting, seduction, and implied skill at sex is not a big deal to have as charms, and the game shouldn't exclude them because some people are immature and some people are squicked by the notion.

Not all sex and sexual interactions are porn. Not all things related to sex are lewd inherently. This is not black and white.
>>
>>67232948
Pretty much this. And none of the charms in the 3E core are about sex specifically, so much as either seduction (which can be used for a lot more than just sex) or else the aftermath of it.
>>
>>67232637
I have never whined about it I don't care about lunars.
I was just pointing out the obvious fact that they are more furfags now than they used to be.
>>
What does firedust taste like?
>>
>>67233039
They were always furfags is my point
>>
>>67233042
Spicy gunpowder
>>
>>67233042
It tastes like burning.
>>
>>67233042
Spicy and has the texture of sand.
But is bad for your health so don't put it in your mouth
>>
>>67233057
There is no doubt about it.
They have just become even more furfagy with a touch of vore.
>>
Does Element-Resisting Prana allow you to survive without oxigen?
It says that it allows you to survive without problems in the bottom of the ocean or the elemental poles.
>>
>>67233450
Yeah, it would

>>67233101
They're no more furfaggy than previously, either.
>>
>>67233057
>>67233060
>>67233064
Thanks folks. I had just told my Twilight it tasted like his own burnt tongue. Firedust still burns in water right?
>>
I don't suppose there is an Exalted porn site is there?
>>
>>67234402
Rule34 and Danbooru are really the only places.
>>
>>67234402
Basically anything can be porn in the Exalted world.
>>
Anyone got some suggested inspirational stuff to watch that isn't in the books?
>>
>>67233901
Don't think so. Even if it did 'burn' the fire would be instantly extinguished
>>
>>67228348
And yet the new Infernal sig character was dropped for being “too Problematic”....
>>
>>67235408
Sorry edgelords
Infernals are too problematic
They should just burn that phase of Exalted's dark history
>>
>>67232652
That's why new devs do not create sex charms, they create charms that require physical intimacy, which includes but is not limited to sex. It can also be a hug or a kiss.
>>
>>67235997
>being that open ended
Nothing possibly bad or autistic could come of this.
>>
>>67236018
For now only charms that can be applied more broadly.
>>
>>67235997
Build a character around a custom martial arts called "Hug Boxing".
Force physical intimacy by hugging your enemy until they give in.
>This is easier then getting into their pants or trying to run with a social character
>>
>>67236044
Interpreting the rules as RAW can certainly work. But I would not allow it, it should be a hug or kiss in an appropriate emotional context, otherwise it would not allow it to work.
But I guess each group interpreted it differently.
>>
>>67236075
RAW is a terrible and powerful thing.
>>
>1ed: It is worth noting that the crossbow does not exist in the world of Exalted
>2ed: Only the people of the Haslanti League, a handful of elite mercenary formations and nigh-unseen groups such as the Autochthonians and the Mountain Folk use crossbows.
>3ed: Crossbows are large, mechanically-powered weapons that require both hands to load and fire.
Why did they get more common over time?
>>
>>67236044
Even in Core, I remember somebody tried to sneak a crazy barbarian whose core combat strategy was a three minute grapple and Celestial Bliss Trick into my game.
>>
>>67236663
I think they didn't want to give an illusion to any sort of gun mechanic or something. They were real fixated on not making guns work, but they still came out with something like a flame tongue repeater that shoots a pellet, but it only goes a shorter distance than a sling for some weird ass reason.
>>
>>67232229
What abilities can you use without drawing the Hunt’s attention?
>>
>>67237451
As long as you don't flare, anything.
>>
>>67235997
While I understand why they are doing this, the concession to sex-negative crybabies is a real downer.
>>
>>67236663
Wrong about 1e
>>
>>67237542
Down yourself into a grave
>>
>>67237559
Don't you have some woman to be shaming for showing an ankle rather than be posting here?
>>
>>67237451
>>67237533
You can use any abilities you want, but you have to be more worried about being a bad ass or doing exceptional things that many people would envy to do. Although I think most dragon bloods or exalts don't have attributes of 5 or abilities of 5, you'd be hard press to maintain your cover as an anathema in the long run if you outdo too many people.
>>
>>67234696
Really, just watch any big shonen anime. Exalted steals shit from those all the time.

>tons of DBZ references baked right in, including a Charm that lets you go SSJ
>fucking Naruto martial art
>ATATATATTATATA right out of Fist of the Northstar
>Eva references
>Street Fighter (ok, not primarily an anime, even if it does have anime) references
>etc

Basically, if it's shone, you're doing it right. Surprised they didn't sneak some One Piece shit into Lunars.
>>
>>67235997
Lunars have a ton of sex and seduction effects though.

The only difference is that, if you take the Hideous merit you can turn them into 'scaring people because you're really hideous' instead, but that's not a huge difference.
>>
>>67238460
The lunar charms do not require sex that I remember, only physical intimacy, which includes sex, but is not limited to sex. They also have lots of charms to incite lust and seduce, just like Solars and Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>67227050
>passive-aggressive faggorty
Are YOU trying to say that the official forums are passive-aggressive? Only the most transphobic of monster would agree? The official forums can't be passive aggressive because if you believe that you're an inferior human, objectively? I can't imagine how a person, a well fleshed person could believe that? Please don't badmouth the official forum, you monster, they - and I - aren't passive aggressive?
>>
>>67238728
lol this was pretty epic and funny
>>
>>67238728
It honestly bums me out that there are actually people in this thread who will likely take this at face value and think it's serious...
>>
>>67238420
Grabowsk spins in his grave
>>
>>67238600
If we're going by that criteria, the only charm that qualifies in the 3E core is Celestial Bliss Trick, and only just
>>
File: qatri4fc82d11.jpg (369 KB, 1070x956)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
How would you work Ankh-Morpork into Creation?
>>
File: 1532914874672.jpg (31 KB, 640x312)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>67239055
Yeah, the guy who cited FF7 as a major influence for Exalted right in the first edition, to the point that manses, daiklaives, and hearthstones are directly based off it, is totally spinning in his grave over anime references, I'm sure.
>>
Name a problem you had with the game rules or setting and how you fixed it for your gaming group.
>>
>>67241641
Never really had a problem with the rules in any edition. I always knew them the best out of any group so if anyone got out of line, I always knew a way to hammer them back down if needed.

3E introduced a host of retarded setting changes, which just outright get ignored. Pretty much the only thing being used from 3E is the bigger map and new locations. Everything else is being tossed in the trash.
>>
>>67241641
Didn't like dice-tricks; used bluewinds rewrite.
Soak was constantly forgotten; moved it to post-damage step and cut it in half.
Ability pre-reqs for charms were too high; eyeballed a reduction, most ability 5 prereqs are changed to ability 3.
Mote pool numbers for Solars were bizarre; changed them to simple 15/35.
Craft and Thaumaturgy would use 2e rules, but nobody took them.
I made more changes but these were the easiest to write out.
>>
File: Scornful (egotist).jpg (187 KB, 394x432)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
So, how the fuck are you supposed to play low-essence games as anything other than a Solar? Am I really supposed to sit here for ten fucking sessions before I get access to anything more than the most basic bitch charms?
>>
>>67240029
Fae wilds.
>>
>>67241839
>I never had any problem with the rules
>doesn't mention which edition they play
>goes on anti-3E screed for no reason

Ok, Dif
>>
>>67242328
Stop trying to drag your stupid forumshit in here.
>>
>>67218259
He'd be a DB, and DBs don't have Supernals.
>>
>>67227389
Are you seriously saying that actually liking these threads is a sign of not belonging here? Because that's what you seem to be saying, and it's a sad as fuck thing to say.
>>
>>67243698
Nobody fucking cares what forums you go to.
>>
>>67228332
Aside from it being prettier, which it is, it's also sexier. Making nudity casual takes any eroticism out of it.
>>
>>67236663
It never made much sense for them to be that rare in the first place. Crossbows aren't that complex, and they've been used in the real world for well over 2,000 years. Why the fuck would so few people either have figured out how to make them or found them to be useful?
>>
>>67243724
That has literally nothing to do with my post.
>>
>>67243727
This
>>
>>67215409
So, don't go for "god-ruler of a city-state with a harem" right off the bat, start smaller, like with a small village, and work your way up?
>>
What's the best way to get extra Willpower as a Lunar?
>>
>>67244664
Solar CBT
>Source: This thread
>>
>>67244468
Wouldn't a village sell you out unless they were really isolated and hadn't heard of the Hunt, or just really hate the Realm?
>>
>>67241938
Who is Bluewind and where’s their rewrite?
>>
>>67245970
They might. That’s why the PCs should act like heroes, so the townsfolk weigh their religion vs the deeds the PCs have done for them. There should be no end of problems the PCs should be able to solve for the mortals of Creation. Still, doing something like making a harem can always result in enemies who want to sell you out regardless. Anyone with a crush on one of your harem lovers would despise you. And harem aside any spirits or gods watching make take offense at anything you do.
>>
>>67246017
>>67241938
Two seconds of Google.
https://github.com/BlueWinds/Ex3CharmRewrite/

>being a queer woman myself
No one cares - why must fags and dykes tell everyone about their faggotry?
>>
>>67246345
How to deal with those issues, then?
>>
>>67247340
Anyone crushing on your haremettes should be recruited into your harem as more harem members.
>>
>>67246017
Fixes all of the problems with Solar magic.

1) No more horrific charm bloat. Every ability is pared down to 11-13 charms.
2) No more dice tricks. Every charm actually does something.
3) Fixes thematic problems introduced into the charm set like God King's Shrike (belongs in sorcery) or Dual Magnus Prana (narrative cheating more appropriate for Sidereals, if at all)
4) Lower Ability requirements for Essence 1 and 2 charms so that 5s aren't required for basic charms in an ability
5) Excellencies have to be purchased, lowering broadness of power at the outset of a campaign. (Free excellencies in 3e basically meant every Solar got 8-10 free charms at chargen).
6) Charms at chargen reduced from 15 to 10. As above but also lowering depth of power.
7) Solars now have 2 Supernals, but instead of being treated as Essence 5, it's (Essence + 2). As above.
8) Imports the most widely-used Craft fix
9) Uses XP instead of BP during character creation, fixing a long-standing problem with Exalted chargen.
10) Removes the MA merit

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say 'all the problems'.
>>
>>67243913
Irrelevant information to the setting
>>
>>67247716
>5) Excellencies have to be purchased, lowering broadness of power at the outset of a campaign. (Free excellencies in 3e basically meant every Solar got 8-10 free charms at chargen).
>6) Charms at chargen reduced from 15 to 10. As above but also lowering depth of power.
>7) Solars now have 2 Supernals, but instead of being treated as Essence 5, it's (Essence + 2). As above.
>8) Imports the most widely-used Craft fix
>9) Uses XP instead of BP during character creation, fixing a long-standing problem with Exalted chargen.
>10) Removes the MA merit

I never noticed this and I've been using the document for several sessions now. Some of this I've done independently.
>>
>>67247716
1 and 2 are nonissues and don't inspire any confidence in the homebrew
>>
So per Holden, ExWoD Revised is dropping in a week or so.
>>
File: Ex3 Zenith.jpg (240 KB, 1195x1545)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>Princess comes to visit a temple of His that has stood since the First Age
>Asks for help about some trivial mortal shit
>Gets mad when He doesn't answer and fucking swings her scepter at His effigy
>He doesn't get upset
>He doesn't smite her
>He Exalts her in the second before her scepter hits the statue's head, letting her destroy His own graven image
>He didn't just Exalt her, He Exalted her into the Caste that are innately His ordained priests and supposed to speak in His name
>Givers her a pep-talk and sends her on her way

Why is Ignis Divine so based? Lesser deities would have sperged out and cursed her or something.
>>
>>67248873
Make your containment thread and good riddance
>>
>>67248931
When you're not just the strongest god but so powerful that not even the Primordials could have fucked with you without the Geas, you tend to be tolerant.

A Solar isn't going to be so insecure that he gets butthurt if some dirt-farmer is rude. He might laugh and go 'haha, seriously?' but not really give a shit.

Sol is that dialed up to 11.

>>67248984
When it's out.
>>
>>67248870
No
>>
>>67248931
>>67249036
The word you're looking for is magnanimous.
>>
>>67248870
If anything 1 and 2 are the biggest issues with 3e's charms. The rest are all nice-to-haves.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.