[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1488661746959.jpg (356 KB, 1255x693)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
What would be the absolute worst "one class" party to DM? I'm torn between all sorcerers and all clerics.
>>
Thrallherds
>>
>>66733705
I would say the worst would be all sorcerers.

An all cleric party would be similar to an all paladin party but not as fun.
>>
>>66733705
All clerics would be one of the best one class parties since they can all worship different gods for specialization and can “DEUS VULT” together.

Sorcerers would be much more difficult, but it could still work depending on specializations. Lots of twinned buff spells actually has good synergy but the players would have to coordinate character builds carefully.

Worst all one class party in my opinion is warlock. Everyone turns into an eldeitch blast machine gun and synergy plummets. Plus the whole patron RP angle will get old fast with an entire party of warlocks.
>>
>>66733720
THIS, any minion class would make combat crawl to a speed unheard of.
>>
>>66733818

Unless they all worshipped the same one, they just had different pacts. one having the sword pact, another specializing in DAKA DAKA DAKA and so on.
>>
>>66733705
Any class which requires a lot of bookkeeping. So any of the full casters, really. Even experienced players have to double check the rules every now and then when casting spells. Having an entire group where every turn is "uhhhh wait let me see the book real quick" sounds like torture.
>>
>>66733818
You could say the same thing you said about All-Warlock about All-Fighter, everyone becomes a sword beast and isn't good for much other than whacking people with swords and axes. But on the upside it forces the party to get creative if they get into a problem that isn't solved by "Whack it with a sword or axe". All-Warlock wouldn't be THAT bad, you'd just have to have problems that can't be solved by "Eldritch blast it in the ass" for your quests.

I think All-Ranger or All-Druid would probably be the worst, actually. Fuck it, All-Ranger would probably be it. Rangers don't have a lot of builds to work with compared to a lot of the other classes, they're like fighters but with some half assed magic that's mainly just good for surviving out in the woods, usually do best with dex weapons (which are way more limited than what Fighters are best with) and almost always come with an annoying pet you have to keep track of, almost always a wolf. I guess I just don't like Rangers much.
>>
>>66733705
I don't know about what class would be the worst but I can tell you that an all Tiefling party would make me light the table on fire.
>>
>>66733705
Wizard would get frustrating because with enough gold they'd all have access to every spell that any of them picked up, let alone got via scrolls.

Barbarian would probably be difficult too because it's not like the Barbarian playstyle has too much variance. You're going to be Str-based making melee attacks.
>>
>>66734601

An all barbarian group would be very funny though, and if they are decent players they'll at least make some minor variances in them. At the end of the day it would be four stupidly strong retards rampaging about the place murdering things. They'd be textbook murderhobos
>>
>>66734596
they would be resistant to it
>>
>>66733705
All clerics would be really fun, as long as they're not for straight up enemy deities.
>>
>>66734569
Does this party look boring to you?
>>
From a purely mechanical standpoint, All Bards All The Time would probably be awful.

From a narrative perspective, it would sell tour t-shirts like nothing else.
>>
>>66735219
Not really, looks like all martial classes, which I like, martial majority parties tend to be more creative, as opposed to parties full of casters that have a spell for fucking everything. But I don't know much of this party other than that. I know it's from Berzerk, but I know literally nothing about Berzerk's characters because I heard there's gay demon sex and my anime friend showed me Berzerk and of course when he showed it to me it had demon cock all over it, and I'm not particularly interested in gay demon sex, nor do I have any desire to read manga in general because you have to read that shit backwards, which gives me a headache. So who knows, maybe that party is all cool people or maybe they just get fucked by gay demons, which I wouldn't want to DM the party getting fucked by gay demons, so I supposed maybe it is a bad party.
>>
>>66735688
That picture is before the (gay?) demon sex. All the characters are humans, but the white-haired one has an amulet that was given to him as a child that pretty much marks him as essentially the fated anti-christ of the setting and the others as doomed sacrifices in his transformation into a demon-lord-thing.

The Golden Age arc is definitely the comfiest arc of Berserk though. Very low fantasy, gritty. Martial-focused. The two main characters do run into a demon at one point who has killed like 100 men and then gets a figurative boner when both of them manage to land blows on him (something that hasn't happened in thousands of years for him).
>>
>>66735219
>>66735688
Yes, it's boring. I think I've tried and stopped watching at least two versions of Berserk because of how boring it was. All martials are no fun to DM because your players can barely use half the PHB if they don't have any spells.
All clerics or all sorcerors would have a lot more tools available for grander adventures. Also, I wouldn't have to deal with some fighter fag complaining about how much his character sucks.
>>
>>66735868
Not him but shit taste. Read it instead, nigga
>>
>>66735688
Nah nigga you're getting two parts mixed up. The main guy got gay raped as a kid, his brown gf is the one that gets demon rape
>>
>>66736120

But don't all young cleric boys get gay raped anyway?
>>
>>66736120
Well, all I know is that it's full of demon cock and if it's full of demon cock, even if it's heterosexual demon cock I'm not interested. Nothing with demon sex in it will ever be something I'll want to read.
>>
A whole party full of homosexuals would make for a pretty garbage game.
>>
>>66735868
>I can only use the abilities on my character sheet
>What is creativity? What is resourcefulness?
>RAW only, and if not, I will REEE at the GM

Take the OSRpill you lil' bitch nigga, grow a brain, an imagination and a dick.
>>
File: 1422418333191.png (401 KB, 640x480)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>66734800
>>
>>66736200
are you a victim of abuse or just a boring wanker?
>>
I've played in a party of clerics and it actually worked out pretty well, though I've not run for one.

The one I secretly hope to some day play is party of rogues. I feel like while there's a small chance it would tank hard if it didn't the whole game would be a blast.
>>
>>66733705
Well, mine would be all monks. When you boil it down, its just crouching tiger, hidden dragons minus all the cool jon wu shit.
>>
>>66736346
Boring wanker I guess? I'm not into demon sex, that's it. Like, there are people out there who don't like pissy poopy toilet sex, there are people out there who don't like animal-person anthro furry sex, people out there that don't like anime waifu underage loli sex, I'm a guy who doesn't like demon sex, it's almost as gross as those other three. Like, demons are fine antagonists, if they're written well it's all right but they don't have to be raping people on-screen, shit's too sexualized, just leave the sex out of it, demon sex is nasty.
>>
>>66736612
Why are americans like this?
>>
>>66736612
sounds like that demon dick is made for you. it's supposed to be disturbing
>>
>>66736682
Why do you like demon sex as a narrative vessel?
>>
>>66733818
>All clerics would be one of the best one class parties
Call them the A-Men.
>>
>>66733705
All Bard party would be the worst. Bard players tend to have a case of lolrandumb as well as want to fuck everything as well as think they deserve all the focus. They are literally a party of prima donnas.

All Artificer party would be the best. They each can choose a distinctive subclass which all synergies well with one another & they can back each other up & be self sufficient, without being shitty like wizards
>>
>>66733705
4th edition Seekers

Bless their hearts for managing to make 6 somewhat unique characters out one of the few bad classes in 4th ed, but playing it was actually agony.
>>
>>66733705
All sorcerer, hands down
>>
>>66737474
you're getting too high on your own supply of autism
>>
>>66734569
Not every game is a bad edition of D&D.
>>
>>66736612
based
>>
>>66738160
>Class system
>Warlock
>Spell called eldritch blast
Sounds like dnd to me
>>
>>66735688
I completely respect and share your distaste for these concepts but
>being this hardwired into reading americomics
>>
All kinds of PF summoners too. Reeks of munchkin.
>>
>>66738281
>americomics
>not modern chechnyan pulp fiction
>>
>>66737767
Wait, you actually did it? WHY?
>>
>>66737245
They gonna bust down Tiamat’s door and demand her lunch money?
>>
>>66733705
All anima summoners with creation.
You think it’s bad now?
You just wait until they get downtime...
>>
All wizards would get really stupid really fast...
>>
All chaotic neutral bards
>>
>>66733705
Wizards. Because all wizard players are cunts.
>>
>>66733818
We actually have three sorcerers in our party, they are:

>Earth Genasi stone sorcerer, likes to pretend he's a monk, has 23AC when he turns on shield, often hastes himself and beat the shit out of people with his magical siege staff which he calls his "dog beating stick".

>goblin wild magic sorcerer, the party's SO RANDOM guy, you know the type, uses this custom magic table:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/6n2vsg/custom_wild_magic_table_per_request/
>Has two types of drugs he could make in down time, one suppresses Wild Magic Surge, while the other makes it happen every time no roll required. So far he's drugged himself every combat and he has NEVER taken the suppression drug

>me, kobold divine soul, stand in for a cleric in our party, alternating between healing word after the goblin wild magic sorcerer causes some friendly fire again, dealing out damage with spiritual weapon and fireball when opportunity comes up. Team mom.
>>
>>66735784
>The two main characters do run into a demon at one point who has killed like 100 men and then gets a figurative boner when both of them manage to land blows on him (something that hasn't happened in thousands of years for him).
This sounds like something straight out of shonen, Bleach specifically.
>>
>>66733705
All monks seems like it might be good, but would probably actually play out terrible
>>
>>66736594
Probably this because RP with a bunch of lawful monks would be boring too. How many towns do you want to DM setting up soup kitchens in?
>>
>>66734569
All ranger would work because it’s just gritty pokemon. Combat would be pretty slow though because you’re effectively doubling the number of players and every encounter would have to be epic tier also to offset this.

My favorite ranger build is a strength build with a reach weapon who dabbles in archery. Thrown would work except thrown range is crap.
>>
>>66740902
>party procedes to full rest after every encounter
>>
>>66742751
ah, the classic
>>
>>66736725
There is no fucking demon dick in Berserk. What the fuck are you smoking? There are two instances of rape, one where the protagonist is sodomized as a kid, and one where his lover is raped by his former best friend turned demon lord. Dick is never shown. There's no way you're being serious.
>>
>>66741009
>"dog beating stick"
Legend of the Condor Heroes reference?
>>
>>66743539
>Dick is never shown
First ten pages of the manga are literally nothing but dicks
>>
>>66744405
>pages of dicks
duh, what do you think is driving them berserk?
>>
>>66733720
Thirding this. Time management would be a complete pain in the tits.

>>66733818
>DnD is a wargame
So glad my group doesn't accept players like you.
>>
>>66733705
Wizard. More than any of the core classes, the wizard has the greatest ability to stack varying permanent effects and change the world. Creating minions, building fortifications, accumulating enchantments, crafting arms and armaments. It all adds up, and you need to keep track of that.
>>
>>66733705
All Paladins, fuck that gay ass class and their bullshit.
>>
>>66746832
> United we stand
>>
>>66736308
>Wah, sorcerors are too powerful! I wish all my players were martials so they would stop ruining my amazing plots!
>>
>>66736308
>Take the OSRpill
but a party full of wizards would be hilariously fun in any osr games
>everybody has 1 spell per day, and it's fucking random
>gotta survive the low levels by being smart, cause fighting is absolutely not an option
A party full of fighters on the other hand, is the optimal way to play, being much easier to survive to level 2.
>>
>>66733705
Wizards probably, because of all the book keeping.
>>
>>66743406
those were not kung fu dice
>>
>>66748946
That does sound fun.
>>
File: patience.png (340 KB, 1400x1050)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>66735219
depicted are three fighters, one ranger, one bard, one multi-class berserk who started as a fighter (guts) and a paladin that didn't even try to resist falling followed immediately by multi-classing into a warlock.

I'm hope I'm still alive by the end of this series.
>>
>>66747400
>he thinks it's about "ruining plots"
>not trivialising entire encounters
That other anon was right. You do need to take the OSRpill.
>>
File: 1525709478258.jpg (96 KB, 640x619)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>66741009
why is it that the people most likely to share their party to a group of people no one cares about are also the people with the most cancerous "Le Quirky" character ideas
>>
>>66749297
>Admits to being shit at designing encounters.
>>
>>66733818
>Not wanting to play a coven of warlocks who gather in the shadows to carry out the will of their patron against the unenlightened fools
>>
>>66733705
>all clerics
>Second Strongest Class with Balanced Melee and powers worst dedicated party
What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>66733705
All cleric is the best monoclass party ever, only druid comes close. Especially when they specialize in different domains yet for maximum synergy. All sorcs... Well, it's trying, but if they know what they're doing it isn't that bad. Sorcs get a lot of decent prestige options down the road that would help to make up for their shortcomings and diversify the party.

A worst party would be allfighter group. No healing, no buffing, no trap disarming, no lockpicking, no diplomacy, no intelligence, no crowd control, no takeout spells, no utility spells, no counterspelling means they suffer TPK in any situation but straightforward combat on advantageous terrain with a group of weak enemies, and are completely useless in any sort of non combat situation. But add just one savvy cleric to that group and it will be formidable.
>>66734349
Printing out your spells and feats, both current and desired ones helps.
>>
File: 1391987145572.jpg (274 KB, 500x740)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>66749171
>I'm hope I'm still alive by the end of this series.
Good one anon! It almost broke a chuckle to my weary soul!
>>
>>66746832
>not wanting to gallivant across the land doing valorous deeds and vanquishing evil with your knightly brothers
unbased
>>
>>66733705
Chaotic Evil thieves.
You literally could not go anywhere without them being chased out by mobs with pitchforks, torches and 'Gypsies Out' signs.
>>
File: Green bean.png (90 KB, 506x651)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>66733705
What would be the best "one class" party?
>>
>>66734768
Me and my group did this with four orc barbarians all with improved grapple. We just went around the countryside killing and raping everything we came across. Eventually we all ended up jacking off with dice in our hands and I t turned more into a weekly Jo session than a pathfinder game
>>
>>66754617
Okay?
>>
>>66737245
Underrated post.
>>
>>66754274
Paladins, for sure.

>>66753881
The term you're looking for is "Debased"
>>
>>66741009
RP aside how cancerous is playing with a wild magic sorcerer that is always surging?
>>
>>66733705
Wizards. Their dailies are so good and now that can use them like every encounter your monsters would just do nothing.
>>
File: It'll never work.png (172 KB, 361x496)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>
>>66749422
Because they are sad beings with no friends.
>>
>>66733705
All thief-kender party. Enjoy that hellish image.
>>
File: Dead QT.jpg (170 KB, 1080x1349)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>66754981
>Armored bros smiting evil together.
Wicked.
>>
>>66736612
It's not there to be enjoyed.
>>
>>66754274
Possibly Rogue if the players are clever enough. Otherwise Paladin
>>
>>66755024
I won't lie, I'm not a fan of it. But surprisingly it hasn't really tipped the tide in any direction in a fight. So far every time something big has happened it either made fights we were already winning even easier, and fights we were already fucked even more fucked.

In the most recent session, while we were battling it out in a pirate harbour trying to steal their ships he ran off on his own, fired off a fireball, summoned a group of flumph that floated around doing nothing then promptly got killed by pirate archers and had to be bailed out by our party's NPC henchman.
>>
>>66735688
How total homo you'd have to be to not be interested in gay demon sex? Bad gm spotted.
>>
>>66736682
Why do japanese love demon sex?
>>
>>66743539
Rape demons are a sure sign of high literature
>>
>>66758839
Indeed they are.
>>
>>66755389
>posts about friends
>has no friends
the absolute state of this 4channel board lately

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.