[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Theif of Sanity.jpg (730 KB, 1600x1175)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
Flying Spook Edition

Previously: >>66709363

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often explain strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what cards everyone else puts in their Commander decks.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by Commander color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Official search site. Current for all released sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>GOAT search interface and hi-res cards
http://scryfall.com

>TQ
What's your favorite way of cheating out spells or stealing spells?
>>
>>66722877
>What's your favorite way of cheating out spells or stealing spells?
Probably N/o or Eldritch Evolution, Wargate is pretty sweet too.
>>
>>66722877
>TQ
My first deck and still my favorite. Pirate Tribal with a few ninjas in there for fun. A very entertaining deck.
>>
>>66722877
>TQ
Jodah/Fist of Suns, drop Omniescence and go hog-wild
>>
>>66722887
>cheating out spells
Master Transmuter
>Stealing spells
Bribery
>>
>>66722969
I now realize the TQ says spells. Oh well.
>>
>>66722877
>TQ
I play Pod, Neoform, and Eldritch Evolution. Also Sower of Temptation if that counts.

Also apparently my deck is competitive? At least according to some guys that played a 1G 2/1 Forestwalk elf in their deck. I can see why they'd think that but the deck is just a pretty fair creature deck with a lot of money in it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thrasiostymna-midrange-pile/
I need to cut 2 lands
>>
>>66723014
Creatures are spells
>>
Reposting from old thread, sorry.
Izzet spelling slinging burn, can it be done without going infinite?
>>
>>66723067
no
You could try Mizzix with X cost burn spells but you're already a target at that point and x cost burn is just slower than going infinite
>>
>cheating out spells
lol
>>
>>66722877
MInd's Desire or Sunbird's Invocation for cheating

Your spooky boi or Mind's Dilation for stealing.
>>
File: tuvasa.jpg (13 KB, 190x265)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Is Tuvasa enchantress
>fun
?
Seems like a very chill commander to play some pretty cards, throw down some Rest in Peaces and Stony Silences and eventually make some Angels or some infinite Squirrels to win.
>>
File: 1559103975827.jpg (164 KB, 1000x735)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I love angels!
>>
>>66723414
Probably my favorite art of the set. Love the Renaissance vibe.
>>
>>66723397
She’s fine, I opted for Estrid but I still run her in the 99
Enchantress cantrips is so satisfying
>>
>>66722877
Full on cheating out would have to be Planar Bridge, but if it counts, my real fave is lowering mana costs. I play colourless and a relatively low curve, so most stuff ends up being free to cast.
I can normally replay my entire hand first turn after a Cyc rift, which is nice
>>
>>66723693
>missing "historic spells you cast cost 1 less to play"
>>
/tg/ help a dumb anon please
Can i cast my commander, hold priority and cast something with split second so it my commander can't be countered?
>>
>>66723963
Your commander can't be countered while the split second spell is on the stack, but once it resolves priority passes around again, giving every player opportunity to counter, so: no doesn't work.
>>
>>66723963
As soon as the spell with split second resolves, your commander is still on the stack and can be responded to.
>>
>>66723974
>>66723975
thanks anons
>>
>>66723818
Oh, right, Jhoira's Familiar. I was taking a break from magic when it was released so I kinda missed it. If I'm alreafy running 2 to 4 pieces of cost reduction and my average CMC is under 3, should I try shoehorning it in? A cost of 4 and a damageable body has me feeling a bit dubious-- anyone have good experience using it?
>>
>>66724027
It's likely going to be reduced itself, it's a good card. I run it in Equipment Sai and it's never a dead draw, and the most expensive thing I have in that is a Vedalken Archmage and an Aetherflux.
>>
>>66723397
Having draw in the command zone that can also swing bigly mid game is nice. Works better as a staxx commander than voltron imo but both are fun.
>>
>>66722877
>Thread Question
Trinisphere. There is nothing more satisfying than fucking over every single player trying to cheat things out or cantrip to victory. Good ol' threeball should honestly be standard legal every coreset and every precon.
>>
I'm making a list of commanders suitable for complete beginners, that enable simple, easy-to-grasp strategies. So far I have Goreclaw for mono-green. Which would you recommend for each colour?
>>
>>66723056
Not if they are cheated out.
>>
>>66724544
It's not the commander that's simple, it's the strategy. In general things that involve turning cards sideways or "linear" strategies are super easy to grasp. Difficult things are combos with many moving pieces, like Ghave, or asymmetric value engines.
>>
File: acute-angle-300x261.png (23 KB, 300x261)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
I love angles!
>>
>>66724588
Damn, sure is acute.
>>
>>66724574

Well, I'd love recommendations for commanders that allow that kind of strategy.
>>
>>66724588
I only like str*ghtoid angles.
>>
File: 1557349249021.jpg (8 KB, 219x230)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Got my Niv-Mizzle put together
now I just have to make some friends to play commander cards with :)
>>
Hey /edh/ what in your opinion are the most “iconic” edh cards outside of sol ring? Like mtg on a whole iconic would be FoW/power9/some old school like Shivan Dragon but for edh in particular?
So far I have
>sol ring
>cyclonic rift
>demonic tutor
>consecrated Sphinx
>labman
>genesis wave
Trying to think of a list of cards really only used in edh and people here it and go “that’s edh”.
>>
>>66724544
I made a Rakdos “kill things and half lives” deck that’s gone over really well with new players.
>play rocks
>board wipe
>play creatures that half lives or third them etc

Tribal is always a good start. Try to stick to only a few keywords in the deck that arnt explained on the card. Ie- one deck has flying and shroud, another trample and death touch, third island walk or whatever. Basically try to make sure the player can read the card and know what it does. Add a handful of each cardtype (instant sorcery mana rocks etc) to get them use to it. Have one or two really flashy things. Teach slowly and be excited.
>>
>>66724843
Haha, who would even build multiple decks to play even though he has no one to play with? Like imagine if there was some loser who has 7 decks all ready to go but never even played a single game with them.
>>
>>66724967
>tfw building decks is more fun to you then playing
>>
>>66724967
>>66724999

That sweet sweet postman dopamine hit.
>>
>>66724913
>Cultivate/Kodama's Reach
>Signets, and to a lesser extent Talismans
>Chaos Warp
>Lightning Greaves
>Rhystic Study
>Chromatic Lantern
>Arcane Denial
>>
File: hello_23.gif (765 KB, 500x281)
765 KB
765 KB GIF
>>66724967
>transfered to a new project
>transfered to a different city
>horrible nightly schedules
>working weekends

I'm that loser right now, Anon.
>>
>>66725112
that's boring do the white myojin
>>
>>66725112
Teysa
>>
>>66725022
Is denial that played or is that a meme? The others all fit. Can’t belive I forgot some. Oh and on warp
>path to exile
>swords
>WoG
>winter orb (?)
>>
>>66725112
Sharuum
>>
>>66724913
Exsanguinate and Torment of Hailfire
really, all of black's cabal coffers/cabal stronghold/urborg/nirkana revenant/crypt ghast "this is every black deck ever" card
Reliquary Tower (even though it's bad)
Tempt With Discovery
>>
>>66725112
Build Xantcha allah akbar where you just make infinite mana and chain blow up the table
>>
>>66725112
Brightspear and Brightflame
>>
>>66725181
>Reliquary Tower (even though it's bad)
This is pretty iconic, along with coffers
Why is it bad? I see it played often.
>>
File: file.png (236 KB, 271x445)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>66725175
It's comparable in usage to some other well known staples, like:
>Solemn Simulacrum
>Return to Dust
>Fellwar Stone
>Rakdos Charm
>Skyshroud Claim
>Krosan Grip
>Avenger of Zendikar

It's a bit of a meme, but the defining quality of memes is that they spread.
>>
>>66725219
It's not necessarily a bad card, but people have a tendency to jam it into decks where it doesn't belong. It's not really that often you consistently get more than 7 cards in your hand, and actually need all of them.
>>
>>66725181
>Reliquary Tower is bad
lol
>>
>>66725251

I've said this so many times and I'm so glad I'm not insane. There are so few times in any game where having >7 cards isn't just going to end up gumming up your hand with dead cards. But people just feel like "If I have more cards, I have more answers".
>>
>>66725251
This. I just jammed it into my Estrid deck, then I realized that it would be actually better to discard to handsize and "replenish" ult later on.
It's definitely not an auto include, at least not in every deck
>>
>>66725276
I run a Reliquary Tower in mono-red with almost no card-draw engine. Its good to have whenever somebody ELSE makes everyone draw a bunch of cards. You never know when you're going to need it, might as well make sure you have it just in case

>people think Reliquary Tower is bad
I'm sorry you think you need all 38 lands in your commander deck to be basic forests so you can play your big Timmy creatures
>>
>>66725420

O god of deckbuilding, bestow upon us the knowledge of how to ensure that literally every single draw you make is 100% gas with zero dead cards at all, sitting at the table with your grip of 30 cards, all of which are value.
>>
>>66725284
>There are so few times in any game where having >7 cards isn't just going to end up gumming up your hand with dead cards.
I don't follow the logic here. There's no downside to having cards you don't currently need in your hand. How is it "gumming" anything up?
>>
>>66725420
>I'm sorry you think you need all 38 lands in your commander deck to be basic forests so you can play your big Timmy creatures
There are other lands that produce colorless mana you know. I run so many of them in Etali I get color-screwed more often than I'd like to admit despite playing mono-red.
And honestly it's probably more likely that someone fucks me over with Blood Moon/Back to Basics/Ruination or what have you than them giving me an excess of cards in a lot of my decks, setting aside that several of them would prefer to discard cards if given the option.
>>
File: tmp-73-mana-severance.jpg (263 KB, 672x936)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>66725439
>he really doesn't know about mana severance
>>
File: armageddon.jpg (163 KB, 672x936)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>66725472

Scoop, my guy.
>>
>>66725487
>actively running LD in edh
They've got a special place in hell reserved for you, pal
>>
>>66725497

I will look into the eyes of god and walk backwards into hell.
>>
>>66725497
>2018+2-1
>still complaining about LD
LD is a necessary evil considering the aggressive ramp strategies in EDH. Also one of the few things W can do that’s useful. It’s like complaining about counterspells or boardwipes. Just don’t vomit 30 lands on board for no reason.
>>
>>66725527
>2019+1-1
>Still defending LD
Fuck off, boomer
>>
>>66725112
>>66725177
Welp, time for Esper Stax, I guess.
>>
>>66725527
>LD is a necessary evil considering the aggressive ramp strategies in EDH.
yeah what ever will I do with only this handful of continuous land recursion
>Also one of the few things W can do that’s useful.
White has several good things going for it, it just needs the support of a color that lets it draw cards.
>>
>>66725497
>Don't touch lands reee
>it's not my fault that I overextend and my average CMC is 5 reee
I've seen decks fall apart from getting 3-4 lands destroyed, let alone all of them. Why are we beholden to those that cannot save themselves? Crucible was $15 for a whole year, Ramunap Excavator exists, every ramp spell ever exists. There is no excuse anymore, especially is the person running the destruction has a way to immediately capitalize on it and clean up quickly
>>
>>66725571

>reeee why should be forced to think about resource management
>reeee i should be able to have 20 basics on the board at all times
>>
>>66725616
>resource management
They don't teach that shit in public schools anymore
>>
>play Teeg
>Everyone is upset that I play him
>I decide to try a game night running him but never casting him
>Not a single person casts more than noncreature spell over 3CMC the entire night
Every single good piece of removal gets under him, and those using X-spells can just wait him out. Only artifact and Enchantment fags suffer, and even then they can get their rocks / less splashy enchantments out.
Why is Teeg still viewed as oppressive? There's such a concerted effort these last few years to collectively lower CMCs, most spells that aren't boardwipes are highly Mana efficient or have mana-efficient alternatives
My experience yesterday was anecdotal but it highlights what I'm trying to say. Unless you're dedicated to a non-creature deck with high-cost spells, he isn't that bad
And no, I'm not referring to the deck - Hatebears in general should elicit a groan or two. In discussing how every week I get anger specifically about Teeg himself.
>>
>>66725497
>I will play a card that puts me at a distinct advantage but can be countered by a legitimate part of the game
>REEEEEEEEEE how dare you use legal and fair cards that exploit an obvious hole in my strategy!
You could just not be greedy.
>>
>>66725688
Go big or go home
>>
>>66725571
>hold UU open
Wow, so broken.
>>
>>66725497
I bet you think counters are unfair, too.
>>
>>66725656
Fuck Teeg.
t. X gon give it to ya Kruphix.
>>
>>66725726
See, that's a legitimate complaint because I hard-counter your deck
However, for your consideration - counterspells
>>
File: 1413370724655.gif (3.67 MB, 320x240)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
>commander is generally a casual environment
>actively putting mass land destruction in decks because HUR HUR ITS PART OF THE GAME
You could literally just not be an asshole instead and have more friends for it
>>
>>66725796

I am the most casual player you can possibly name, I also have, as one of my decks, Stax/LD Hokori.

Because there's a line between casual and intentionally letting other players win.
>>
>>66725767
I'm not serious, of course. Anyone who doesn't run enough removal or interaction deserves to get shit on so I don't mind the creepy hobbit guy that much.
>>
>>66725796
Always communicate with your on what they find okay or not. There are a lot of groups who don't mind stax or MLD, and there are groups who have an agreement on not to attack unless everyone has 2 creatures on the field.
>>
>>66725796
>commander is generally a casual environment
>actively putting board wipes in decks because HUR HUR ITS PART OF THE GAME
You could literally just not be an asshole instead and have more friends for it
>>
File: wink.gif (1.88 MB, 350x196)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB GIF
>>66726126
You could literally just not play magic and have more friends for it
>>
Every single commander i want to build is either
>too complex
>too expensive to build around
>liable to get me boxed out of the game first

Being a new player is suffering.
>>
>>66726206
But I met my boyfriend through Magic
>>
>>66726294
Stop bitching fag. Just build some unknown cheap bullshit. Like Adeliz
>>
File: obaby2.gif (452 KB, 300x169)
452 KB
452 KB GIF
>>66726310
>>
A friend let me borrow three decks over the last two weeks to play edh in their play group. Never really played and I've kind of always been negative about edh. But now I actually wanna play.

I want to play Sultai Control, with WARs Narset, Tamiayo, and any other relevant Walker that would fit in control. I think Tasigur is my commander, since I did play Sultai control back in Khans Standard.

Any advice or deck suggestions?
>>
You know, one thing I don’t care about MLD is that sandbagging lands just doesn’t work and actively fucks you half the time. My playgroup runs so many wheels and timetwisters that skipping land drops on the off chance of an MLD spell will leave me in the dust.

Of course, I could lower my curve but then I have changed my deck drastically for a scenario that is more likely than not won’t occur during a game.
>>
>>66726294

Build jank. Seriously. This is the problem with EDHREC and Commander's Quarters and all that stuff. EDH was created for "fuck it, that seems like it'd be fun". If you find two cards that have a stupid, funny interaction, put them in. Got a pet card that doesn't work in modern? Put it in.

So many more people would have so much more fun with EDH if they didn't treat netdecks as gospel.
>>
File: b9a.jpg (74 KB, 1024x543)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>he has win cons in his deck
Wow it's like you hate friendship
>>
>>66726364
Play Atraxa.
>>
>>66726294
What's your budget?
>>
>>66726562

Low. Let's say 5 bucks per card, max.
>>
>>66726590
>$500
>budget
>>
>>66726590
What sort of decks are you wanting to play?
>>
>>66726637

I have no idea. When I say I'm new, I'm REALLY new.

>>66726634

Shit, you're right, that is a lot. What kind of budget is budget in EDH?
>>
>>66726590
Build gishath. You can get a strong deck for ~100 euros, and it's fun to play.
>>
File: just a shot away.jpg (278 KB, 1440x1080)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
PDH best format
>>
>>66726650
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/decks/budget/commander#paper
>>
File: images (1).png (13 KB, 198x255)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Pulled a foil razaketh today, how's he in the command zone?
>>
>>66726683

>as low as $40

So it turns out I was vastly overestimating the barrier to entry here.
>>
>>66726898
It depends a lot on your playgroup, but the inconsistency of Commander gives a certain amount of leeway to what you can get away with.
>>
The more I lurk through these generals, the more I appreciate my playgroup.
I thought I was stuck with autists and normies but at least I have friendly people to play with.
And we have modern/standard players that play edh more seriously, cEDH pods, low power pods, fucking jank for days.
I think the most important thing is to agree on the power level before taking sitting down and choosing the appropriate deck.
>>
>Nielsen kickstarter gonna hit the layered foil mark
Time for maximum pringles, boys
Make sure to store you cards properly if you live in humid environments.
>>
>>66726872
>command zone
Shit
He comes down way too late in the game to be very effective and if anyone wraths you before you get the chance to cast him you're kind of fucked.
however he is an excellent inclusion in the 99 of pretty much every monoblack deck and plenty of multicolored decks.
>>
Is Zo-zu any good? My meta's Urza/Inalla/Purphoros and a bunch of ramp and voltron decks
>>
>>66727865
I'm double sleeving them the second they get here anyways
>>
>>66727894
>He comes down way too late in the game to be very effective and if anyone wraths you before you get the chance to cast him you're kind of fucked.
>however he is an excellent inclusion in the 99 of pretty much every monoblack deck and plenty of multicolored decks.
unban griseldaddy
>>
>>66727952
I really don't like this meme.
Dude's fucking busted in a 40 life format even if you're restricted to monoblack by running him in the command zone he'd be even more of a nightmare in the 99 for any black splashed deck
>>
>>66725497
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>66726364
Tasigur is cool and good
What I recommend is that you buy a foil copy of villainous wealth and you get it signed and you love the BUG forever and ever
>>
>>66726872
He's cEDH tier in the commandzone, the other anon replying to you is completely retarded. Google razakats cEDH . Assuming you don't want to play cEDH , he's a fine big black commander but not as good as the other big black commanders. He can tutor out X spells to win and the missing pieces of negro tron too, so he fills the gaps of Big Black alright.
>>
>>66725796
>Everything I personally use is casual and anything I don't use is not casual
Nice
>>
File: 1458782389953.jpg (195 KB, 798x770)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>66728316
>8 mana
>cEDH
>"b-but muh tutors"
>>
>>66728316
He's tier 2-3, no higher. Strong? Yes. Competitive? You'll never even get the chance to play him at a competitive table.
>>
File: The_Fate_of_Bjuna.jpg (66 KB, 450x568)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>66728316
>razaketh
>cEDH
No anon, it never is and never will be. Look at Sidisi Ad Naus, that list is about as tight as it's going to get.
>>
What are some decent mana sinkers in WURG?
>>
File: big daddy bolas.jpg (232 KB, 672x936)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
How bad an idea is building purely for flavour? Cuz I really want a Big Daddy Bolas deck.
>>
>>66728413
>>66728400
what people seem to forget is that cEDH, like normal commander, has some diversity and fun jank to it despite everyone's autistic stigma against the format. Godo helm, Razakats, Fbltpthp, Daretti turns, and other tier 2/3 decks are still cEDH, they just probably won't win against the tier one decks. Nobody would say that merfolk or infect doesn't exist in modern when the decks are t2, so why do u cunts automatically assume anything outside of flashhulk or teferi is >le epic casuale deck
>>
>>66728443
I've seen sidisi ad naus nigger and I know it's better than razakeff but I'm not saying it's the absolute best just that it is competitive
>>
Can we discuss Oathbreaker in these threads? If so, I'm building Angrath pirate tribal. I'm only having trouble deciding my signature spell.
>>
>>66728583
High power EDH isn't the same as competitive. There are a lot of high power metas, but real cEDH is tier 1-1.5, maybe 2 at a stretch, and optimized. Razaketh is too slow for cEDH.
>>
>>66728617
I think there's an oathbreaker containment thread.
>>66728583
I also want to clarify because I've been using Razakats which is the wrong term, Razakats is a deck that uses razaketh to win, not the actual competitive list for razaketh
>>
>>66728583
>>66728601
Because you think Godo is a competitive deck, ya dumbass. It's good, it's strong, but it's not competitive. The problem is tier lists in cEDH are generally retarded and heavily meta dependant. Here's the real test, on average is your deck faster than Zur swinging on t3/4? If yes, you're probably competitive. If no, can you deal with an entire table of "real" hate for 5 consecutive turns starting at t4? If yes, you're probably competitive.

I run Teferi and he's fringe competitive at the moment, but I win because I'm a strong player, and I have experience beyond goldfishing magical christmasland. It's the difference between Zada and Breya; when both are optimized only one stands a chance.
>>
>>66728631
If I had a fully optimized list for some lowtier cEDH commander like Oona for example, or maybe I Run a flashhulk package in Sidisi, neither of these commanders are tier 1 or 2 but they would blow a 75% or "high power" commander table out of the water.
>>66728679
I haven't been keeping up with cEDH after I took apart teferi, is he really not t1 anymore? Would you mind running over your idea of t1? I always thought it was Tana/Tymna Bloodpod, Thrasios/Tymna, Teferi, and FCT
>>
>>66728577
It's the spirit of edh
>>
>>66728805
Najeela is the real fucking deal. Bloodpod is great because it's antimeta, and various partner decks are good but like flashhulk, a lot of them are played by drooling morons. Tazri was good for like a year, but the list is too fragile to consistently win through disruption, and most metas run a lot of tech to stop it. Zur is still lord of shit mountain, and I experienced a pretty fucking strong Urza deck, though I don't know how competitive it's going to be. Things are getting shook up, we really have to give it a month or so before it settles down.

I wouldn't say Teferi is t2, I win pretty consistently, but the old standby list tends to eat a thousand dicks after a pod or two. I think the new mulligan is going to enable some really degenerate combo decks, and I wouldn't be surprised if Spaghetti Forgetti finds himself back on top.
>>
>>66728577
Flip Bolas is better
>>
>>66729023
Ive played with some bomb fucking najeela decks, this is true. All this talk about cEDH makes me want to get back into it
>>
>>66729023
Food chain Sliver is gonna make big waves, it's spooky
>>
>>66729180
That's gonna be fucking cool
>>
>>66728577
Summon this jerk with Dragon Tempest and Scourge of Valkas on the field and suck everyone’s hand dry. Conjuror’s Closet, Idk.
>>
>>66729180
Neat! I didn't even think about that. Got a list for me to look at, or even a rundown?
>>
>>66725487
>Blue
>Not keeping a counter open
>>
>>66728266
Mhm. I may have one. I need to get them out of storage.
>>
>>66727894
Ya think he would slot well in teysa karlov? He's pretty much a free sacrifice outlet and tutors are always nice, especially of they're repeatable
>>
>>66728617
>Can we discuss Oathbreaker in these threads
no
>>
People actually play Oathbreaker? Why?
>>
>new game knights
>its still somehow even worse than the last one
>>
>>66729366
Easily.
>>
>>66729490
They don't actually play it, they make a deck and can't find anyone to play with, so they come here to shit up the EDH thread. They can't even keep a Oathbreaker thread alive, there's no way they're actually finding games.
>>
>>66729519
but the last one was brawl...

also reminder that ayula is the worst girl
>>
>>66729551
EDH is fundamentally busted so cEDH has always been a joke trap for autists
I don't know who thought making vintage singleton 60 fucking cards with a planeswalker at the helm and having a SPELL OF YOUR CHOICE ALWAYS AT THE READY was a good idea
>>
I find it funny that the people that defend MLD don't actually play MLD. They just shitpost about it.

If they actually played it, they'd have nobody to play with.

Eat shit MLD fags.
>>
File: Lich_backstory.jpg (41 KB, 500x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>66729730
MLD is fine, it's all expensive and easily prevented. Whining in the internet over and over is a sure fire indicator you have few friends and poor social skills. Just bring snacks next time.
>>
>>66729770
I just got here friend.
It's a 10 hour shift today.
>>
>>66729719
>I don't know who thought making vintage singleton 60 fucking cards with a planeswalker at the helm and having a SPELL OF YOUR CHOICE ALWAYS AT THE READY was a good idea
The same people who designed Duo Standard.
>>
>>66729790
See
>>66725796
>>
>>66729730
MLD is cool, MLD is good
It's extremely fair and you just sound like a BITCH
>>
>>66728577
You'll have fun at first but then slowly become annoyed because no else is ever willing willing to build jank/flavor decks and only plays the most generic of generic value/goodstuff

Unless of course you're playing glorious kitchen top with friends you lucky bastard
>>
>>66725796
Holy shit I bet you unironically bitch about a turn 1 sunscorched desert too
>>
Redpill me on Saskia, /edhg/
I just want an aggro commander that isn't vampires or tribal that can run some goodstuff.
>>
>>66729885
>The unofficial eleventh guild is monoRed
Fuck yo pact Jace, I mean Niv, this city belongs to the goblins.
>>
>>66729519
t. Jimmy topdecking a snow forest with Hermit Druid
>>
>>66729926
I don't like saskia, but he is undoubtedly one of the best aggro commanders
>>
>>66729251
Play food chain Tazri but use the Sliver as your outlet. Cuts out a dead slot. You can look it up over on the cEDH Reddit
>>
>>66729490
Having actually PLAYED oathbreaker, I actually really like it. The game is a different beast with different strategies that don't work in normal EDH like aggro.
>>66729719
>I don't know who thought making vintage singleton 60 fucking cards with a planeswalker at the helm and having a SPELL OF YOUR CHOICE ALWAYS AT THE READY was a good idea
Try it. If you have something retarded at the helm, there is nothing stopping the other 3 people from punching your 20 life into the dirt before you even cast your spell. Also, you can only cast your signature spell if your Walker is on the table and all the fast mana is banned.
>>
>>66729730
Let's see if this bait gets as many replies, hell it made me bite.
Go be retarded somewhere else, or post your decklists. Let's see how good you are that you think you have even the slightest say on this matter
>>
>casts Elesh Norn and Living Plane at the same time
Eat shit, fuckos
My method has STYLE
>>
I play Teshar with 15 Inventions because I like em so much
Who else likes to flex on walletlets?
>>
>>66730276
Bird daddy likes shiny things
>>
>>66729885
>the only one of these I ever see is Kaalia
>he runs her as Waifus.dec
It's a good feel
>>
File: j15-4-ravages-of-war.jpg (244 KB, 672x936)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
I genuinely like MLD
>>
>>66726671
what's that black spell doing there
>>
>>66730531
>Different sleeve
Looks like one of his opponents also enchanted the Test Pilot.
>>
>>66730557
ohhh
missed that detail
>>
File: Image (12).jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>66726503
This

I've been working on a white/black deck thats gonna have this boy in it because I like his art and style and it was the first MTG card I ever got and wanna use it
>>
File: med_1485507213_image.jpg (42 KB, 500x500)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>66726310
>>
File: prix-94-brass-s-bounty.jpg (291 KB, 672x936)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
I like this card
>>
>>66730449
God, what a sexy card
>>
>>66730786
It's delicious Especially after casting a Bonus Round
>>
>>66730276
Flashy Italian here:
Fluffy boi got them toys I see.
>>
Just built a deck based around this guy and some other large sea monsters, krakens, leviathans and the like. Can’t wait for my cards to come in the mail so I can sink some ships.
>>
>>66729885
Why are people so boring /edhg/?
>>
>>66731506

Because cEDH is a poison. I know it's a "spirit of the game" argument, but people have forgotten EDH exists to waste time and as an excuse to play jank.
>>
>>66731506
Precons taught people that having good or consistent decks is more important than playing fun to decks
>>
Whats a good graveyard based commander? I like Gitrog but he seems more combo focused then actually caring about the yard
>>
File: 1559657788541m.jpg (91 KB, 1024x758)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>66731580
Almost none of those are cEDH decks and the ones that are have been around since the dawn of time. Keep hammering away anon, one day you'll have fun.
>>
>>66731619

Jarad, Izoni.
>>
>>66729885
Fucking hell. Every single one of those is uninteresting trash. That being said, I've played Kaalia because the precon was my intro into the game (the actual precon, not the reprint). The deck was actually just mardu reanimator once I realized I had to build the deck so it wasn't as reliant on Kaalia. I also played Marchesa because I wanted to play Mardu superfriends featuring voltron because I realized my opponents could either attack me or my walkers. This was also shortly after she came out.
>>
How many lifegain cards does my deck need to have before I can justify running Searing Meditation?
>>
>>66731820
It only targets one player so I’d say as many as you can.
>>
How do you win with the Gay lads?
>>
>>66731820
>RW lifedrain
Nigger just go black.
>>
How do I ditch my hand in mono white?
>>
>>66731950
Null Brooch of course.
>>
File: file.png (4.71 MB, 2429x847)
4.71 MB
4.71 MB PNG
>>66731950
>>
>>66731950
lion's eye diamond
:^)
>>
>>66731868
You're in four colors, figure something out.
>>
I've just had such a weird game at my LGS.
The decks were fairly tuned with expensive cards but has complete bottom of the barrel pack junk in there too.
There was also a guy who argued that when you Cascade you resolve the spell you cast as part of Cascades ability and cards aren't put on that bottom of your library until that spell resolves he wasn't even playing the First Sliver, he just cut in when a guy cast Cultivate from a Sliver and revealed a lot of his lands first
I just kinda policed the board until everyone decided to swing like madmen and then combo'd off like the megachad I am
>>
File: ms.png (235 KB, 273x423)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
What commander/deck is best for emulating the feeling of playing mahjong?
>>
>>66731868
If I were to build Gay Kings, which language would be most appropriate for the card to be?
I'd want to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LN_L85b2zQ while piloting them.
>>
>>66732331
You want the rush of creating the Mahjong hand?
Metalworker does that for me.
>>
Who's your favorite artifact commander?
>>
>>66732469
Even though she's not really in the right colors for it, Glissa. She's such a strange twist on to normal golgari grave silliness and artifact combos and I love her for it. Also, cool character, sad lore and one of the best promo art.
>>
>>66732469
Slobad! Teferi and Darietti are obvious, but muh boi Jin Gitaxias is the best colourless commander ever printed
>>
>>66725112
Dubs for yancha
>>
Is it worth running a land destruction package in a Maze's End deck because I'll need to run land recursion just in case?
>>
When do the m20 spoilers start?
I'm hoping for some more big beasts, dinos, gruul stuff and mayble some flip stuff.
>>
File: file.png (1.57 MB, 672x936)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>66732469
The classic.
>>
File: chandra 2020.png (926 KB, 960x447)
926 KB
926 KB PNG
>>66732702
Yesterday.
>>
>>66732735
The art on this one is really neat. I love how i can't tell what the fuck is going on exactly with its head and it looks useles.

Looks like janky fun
>>
>>66726310
LONDON
>>
>>66732755
>more marvel presents: disney planeswalkers immediately after war of the spark

What the absolute fuck are they thinking? Everyone wants monsters and weird artifacts. They can't seriously be this fucking retarded REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>66732777
Supposedly the set's about Chandra like how 2019 was about Bolas. So hopefully that's the majority of the planeswalkers in the set.
>>
>>66727895
If you combine him with shit like Manabarbs, Ankh of Mishra and Price of Glory the damage adds up fast.
>>
>>66732820
The only thing she relates to is fire and the stupid gatewatch. That old fire hag too, i forget her name. Is there any hope for anything else?
>>
>>66725796
Are we still playing magic here? Most people lose in a game of commander, it's part of the experience.
>>
>>66731868
Ramp hard, ramp fast, play big spells.
Or in the words of a man far wiser than myself.
>It's a grouphug deck where you hug the group and slowly choke them to death.
>>
>>66732891
>forgetting Jaya Ballard
You’re a very special kind of newfag
>>
I hope another Dinosaur is never announced and I want some cEDH bombs printed in M20
>>
File: 1560378175300.jpg (477 KB, 672x936)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
Post your favourite Planeswalker
>>
>>66732911

"More than half of people lose a game of EDH" is an interesting way to look at the format.
>>
File: Saffi.jpg (3.07 MB, 4032x3024)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
post lists like this frens
>>
>>66733000
I don't read the stories or pay attention to human characters much, but i've been playing since before phyrexia stuff. :<

Just doesn't capture my interest, i'm mostly in it for the art / creature design honestly.
>>
>>66733022
>>
>>66732755
Planes walkers seriously make me not want to play anymore
>>
>>66733334
hit them with like any 3/3. usually knocks them out for multiple turns or for good.
>>
File: RaffCapashenShipsMage.jpg (74 KB, 223x311)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Alright, lads. I just finished this deck. Anything I'm missing or that I should cut? Pls respond.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-06-19-raff-capashen-ships-mage/?cat=cost&sort=cost
>>
>>66729949
t. Jimmy throwing the game so meme bears wins.
>>
>>66733334
Hex Parasite my dude, providing you've got the mana you can kill multiple PWs pretty quickly
>>
>>66733148
Fucking educate yourself then, nigger. Not a newfag my fucking ass.
>>
>>66732755
>can't be countered
>tick up ability spits out emblems onto everyone

oh boy a card that makes zero interaction bullshit as its basic ability
>>
>game knights
>they don't know how to pronounce "cordial"
>jlk thinks that vedalken orrery is good because it was useful in a game against 3 meme decks
>>
>>66733508
>salty bluefag comes crawling out of the woodwork
Like pottery
>>
File: showem.png (1.7 MB, 1600x1067)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Showem if you gottem lads.
>>
>>66733638
That one mask must be experiencing the biggest nut of it's life
>>
>>66733575
Different anon here. My decks are all combinations of Jund colors. Bluefags aren't the only ones who think that having her +2 being fucking emblems is bullshit. There are maybe 3-5 cards that can interact with her on the stack, and you can't remove her until her +2 goes on the stack. It's uninteractive cancer.
>>
File: EDH Decks v01.jpg (601 KB, 2679x1134)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>66733638
>Another EstridChad
Nice
>>
>>66733575
fuck bluefags

But emblems being a thing that you can do nothing at all about if it gets in is bullshit
>>
>>66733638
>that Ruric Thar image
Great job anon, can't say I like anything else, but you're a cool guy.
>>
What do you recommend for NuKozilek other than more Eldrazi titans?
>>
>>66734198
>>66733638

What are you using to make these?
>>
>>66734396
Probably photoshop. Some people get real into deck waving.
>>
>>66734396
I just used photoshop, but I'm an idiot and it took way longer than it should
>>
>>66734318
Been toying with Eldrazi recently myself, a few ideas I've had are:

Jodah/Fist of suns for cheap casting
Anything with Annihilator
It that betrays
Conduit of Ruin
Desolation Twin
Endless One
Eldrazi Mimic
Artisan of Kozilek
Endbringer
Eldrazi monument (still working out a token engine for the sac)

Haven't made a comprehensive list yet, that's just off the top of my head
>>
File: tHH777m.jpg (46 KB, 265x370)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>66725112
Fill in that red slot with the most degenerate choice anon. You know it must be done. Closely followed by Zada storm.
>>
>>66725112
Roll Radiant
>>
>>66733638
Computer needs repairs, so stuck phoneposting for now.

Ghalta
>Lots of mana dorks and p/t matters effects
>Creaturefall subtheme
>Dragon Throne is Ghalta's favorite chair

Teshar
>Artifact/creature Rube Goldberg
>Plays defensively early on until I can set up some sort of value engine
>Welding Jar MVP
>Wish I had a Ravager

Riku
>WIP
>Epic theme
>Ramp hard, cast Eternal Dominion/Endless Swarm, copy it as many times as possible

>Nu-Kefnet
>WIP
>Arcane/Splice theme
>Combat damage/curiosity/Ninja subthemes
>Lots of scry effects and Brainstorm-like effects
>Group has expressly forbidden Temporal Mastery

>Nu-Oketra
>WIP
>Hold up mana for instants, flash bouncy creatures for free zombies

>Nu-Bontu
>WIP
>Artifact aristocrats
>Might not leave concept stage
>>
Should a new player start with a 1, 2 or 3 colour commander?
>>
>>66734607
>Dragon Throne is Ghalta's favorite chair
>>
>>66734627
GB, UW, UG and UB are probably the cheapest things you can start off as.
>>
>>66734627
2 color

lets you get the bonuses of two colors to get a feel for how they can work together without having to worry about the extra stuff 3 or more colors generally want to run more smoothly
>>
>>66734627
Affordable and easy to understand, without getting pigeon-holed by any of the strict weaknesses of mono-color. It takes a lot more effort to make a good mono-color deck than 2 color.
>>
File: download (16).jpg (29 KB, 474x355)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
If I have Jodah Archmage Eternal on the board and my opponent has Ionia on the board, am i still able to use Jodah's alternative cost to cast spells that aren't of the color ionia picked when she entered, or does the color in the wubrg alternative cost count? It's not technically a spell of the chosen color, the replacement cost has the chosen color.
>>
>>66734808
Yes, you can use Jodah's ability. It doesn't affect the color of the spell.
>>
Any tips for him? I'm really just building him because I love blacks flavor of paying life for resources
>>
>>66731950
This would probably also work
>>
File: Zodiac Rooster_P3.jpg (121 KB, 488x680)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>66733022
>>
>>66734831
>him
>>
>>66734831
You're gonna love Bolas's Citadel
>>
>>66734823
Though so, but couldn't find anything on google for it specifically last night.
>>
>>66731870
>>66731832
It is to kill walkers and creatures, not just drain. But I decided it was too hard to support with just like ten cards.
>>
>>66734851
I dont see any titties Anon.

>>66734853
Exactly what I was looking for! Anything in a similar vein?
>>
>>66734894
>women must have tits
extremely insensitive to women who've had breast cancer
>>
>>66734851
Yes, him. You think they're going to just let a female character have a titty hanging out?
>>
File: baseballtotheface.jpg (213 KB, 500x333)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
I haven't played since Hour of Devastation, what are some neat commanders I might have missed? I don't really want to fuck with artifacts or blue, and the jankier the better.
>>
File: download (18).jpg (137 KB, 520x724)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>66733022
>>
File: 1561564664.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
M20 teferi has been spoiled.
>>
will m20 have a planeswalker sliver for my Oathbreaker deck
>>
File: thankyoumrpostman.jpg (2.79 MB, 4056x2704)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
What did the postie bring you today?
>>
>>66732755
>>66733922
Here's some fresh shitposting material.
>>
>>66735087
My modern horizons booster box just shipped.
>>
>>66735087
I'm judging you pretty hard anon. At least Chronostutter is cool.
>>
>>66735087
Absolutely nothing. I'm expecting three cards though.
>>
File: file.png (4.05 MB, 2016x936)
4.05 MB
4.05 MB PNG
>>66735087
>Masterpiece Garruk
But the art is so much worse than the original's.
The SDCC one would make for better flaunting too.
>>
Would you put mana severance in Urza to ensure that you never get a land with his last ability?
>>
>>66735114
Kek
>>
>>66735114
Change it to "This bitch can't be countered"
>>
File: hogan.jpg (157 KB, 672x936)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>
>>66735114
>>66735207
Done.
>>
>>66735238
>>66735114
Perfect.
>>
>>66735208
>>66735238
fucking kek
>>
File: blaze commando.jpg (286 KB, 672x936)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
I kind of want to run Blaze Commando in my New Niv deck. He's bad though and only works with 6 cards in my deck at the moment. But it is the exact sort of BS I want this deck to do. I might try it, but it'll need some extra shit to work.
>>
>>66730276
I don't like to flex but I love my pricey boys. Nothing makes me feel better than old border foils and old valuable cards in general. Slowly getting all 5 sword masterpieces, and all 10 duals. I've got Trop, Bayou, Plateau, and Taiga so far. Fuck saving for college this overtime is for mtg babey
>>
Okay guys, fancy settling an argument? we're a group of new players, one of who is being a awkward sod; he's insisting that if I tap a creature for mana with Cryptolith Rite then I can't sacrifice it afterwards with Phyrexian Altar. Is he just being That Guy? I'm pretty sure official rules are on my side here
>>
>>66735366
Sacrifice a creature

Not tap and sacrifice a creature
>>
>>66735366
>>66735385
Instant speed
No tapping
Any old time

You're good to go my dude
>>
>>66732755
I want to sex both of the young chandras, she is very cute
>>
>>66735366
He's being that guy. Phyrexian Alter says >"Sacrifice a creature: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
It in no way says that the creature has to be untapped, for it to be sacrificed. Ergo, you're in the clear to tap your creature for mana then sacrifice it.
>>
>>66735385
Aye I get that bit, he's arguing that you can't sacrifice a tapped creature, honestly, he's making my brain hurt
>>
>>66735172
I agree but I have the tisim when it comes to the emblems. I can't stand the "M.." Logos.
>>
>>66733638
Is it bad that i saw almost 500 edhrec decks for Oona and am now considering not building her?
>>
>>66735420
He's making shit up. You can do anything you want to a tapped creature as long as the effect doesn't designate untapped creatures or require that you tap them.
>>
>>66735401
>>66735415
Cheers lads
>>
>>66726634
>implying
He'd be running something like 30 basic lands so he's looking at 350 max and that's assuming every single spell + nonbasic costs exactly 5 dollars.
>>
>>66735475
Post oketra?
>>
>>66735498
I'm locked in the wage cage til 1am today and my smoke break just ended
I'll post when I get home if I remember
>>
>>66735546
Cool I'll post mine, looking for ideas it's way too slow. Once it gets rolling its a steamroller but my friends play gay kikki jikki and other fast bullshit
>>
>>66735087
Still waiting on my War of the Spark: Mythic Edition. It's now 4 days later than the expected arrival date from Ebay so I'm worried I'll have to request a refund.
>>
File: file.png (1.58 MB, 672x936)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>66735458
How unfortunate.
Too bad there's nothing like Tenth for coreset symbols anymore.
>>
>>66735594
How much did you pay?
>>
>>66734914
They printed a mono-blue Urza that can get very broken with artifacts
>>
>>66734914
What colors do you prefer if you don't want to play blue? Also what kind of deck were you hoping to build?
>>
>>66735625
Agreed, I was hoping that they would do something different for M20 such as 'XX' but with the Chandra spoilers that set went up in flames.
>>
>>66735633
too much.
I got a new assignment at work that's upped my pay grade so I had quite a bit more disposable income than usual. It was still probably a mistake though so if I do need to get a refund I won't regret it.
>>
>>66735594
That's shitty anon I hope it arrives soon for you.
>>
>>66735677
Something green or with lands tech would be cool, but I have no idea what was printed. Right now I'm running Mogis group slug, Slobad and Brago, so I'm looking for something I stompy I think.
>>
>>66735625
Best core set set symbol was 4th edition. Probably because it was the best core set ever. I wish more people acknowledged this.
>>
>>66735880
Don't get cute with me.
>>
>>66732469
Bosh!
>>
File: image.jpg (3.37 MB, 4032x3024)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>66733095
Thanks for posting my list. I still need to build my next serious deck and it should be mono white.
>>
>>66733095
also, I'm totally adding the new mini Reveilark to this deck somewhere
>>
>precons
>edhrec net decking
>eminence
>planes walkers
I want to escape
>>
>>66735652
They better not ban it.
>>
>>66736016
>edhrec net decking
Everyone should make barely functional decks off their own collection and only let whales win? I assume you'd also consider searching the gatherer to be net decking?
>>
>>66736016
OH LOOK. FOURTH EDITION ARTWORK.
4th had a lot art that/flavor text that was never reproduced anywhere else. Basic lands also look great.

I'm not being ironic at all in my 4th ed shilling.
>>
>>66735690
pretty sure most of the people at wizards are women. and with disney buying hasbro it's only going to get worse from here on out. Look forward to black-bordered marvel superhero cards in mtg.
>>
>>66736071
That’s 5th edition anon
>>
>>66722877
What are some fun go-wide commanders I could try out? I play a lot of go-tall decks like xenagod and want to branch out.
>>
>>66735989
Vesperlark is sleeper gold
>>
File: c18-43-lord-windgrace.jpg (153 KB, 488x680)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
How do you feel about Lord Windgrace?
>>
>>66736071
>>66736103
I'm absolutely retarded. Replace everything I said about 4th with 5th. For some reason I had got it into my head that Fifth was the one with the roman numeral as the set symbol but I see now that was 6th.
>>
>>66736131
piece of shit that always plays the same, predictable and graveyard hate fucks him up
>>
>>66736062
Gatherer would be fine because it doesn’t do all the work for you unlike edhrec I just want to play against something other than a copy/pasted good stuff deck more than once a year
>>
>>66734831
Erebos is easily my favorite deck and he's my first so he's gone from total jank to my most tuned deck. Off the top of my head phyrexian reclamation is fun, love the feeling of being able to "draw" from the top or the yard when erebos and it are both out. Font of agonies is fun, ive had it at 40 counters before. Contamination and infernal darkness are a blast. Kagemaro is underplayed and an awesome reanimation target. Abhorrent overlord, Gary of course, and lots of sac outlets are a must. Remind me to post my deck tomorrow I don't have the list online.
>>
>>66736016
>>66736071
>that art and flavor
>even the effect is good
How have I never heard of this? It's going straight into Gaddock
>>
>>66736378
Probably because it's decades old and was only printed in 5th Edition (the largest set of all time, where it's easy to forget individual cards) and Homelands (one of the worst sets of all time). I really really want them to reprint the 5th art with black border but it's never going to happen.
>>
File: sliver-hivelord.jpg (336 KB, 672x936)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
all my research suggests that at best slivers are mid tier casual friendly. is this true based on your experience?
>>
>>66736423
Depends on the deck and the person.
>>
>>66736423
No. A tuned slivers deck is a brutally efficient combo deck with ridiculous resiliency and the ability to tutor answers at instant speed.
>>
>>66736423
A well tuned sliver deck falls into that weird place were it's usually too powerful for casual tables but isn't fast or resilient enough for cEDH tables.
>>
>>66736423
Never encountered a Sliver player, and nobody in my group likes tribal.
>>
so is vedalken orrery just a meme or actually good?
>>
>>66736551
Depends on the deck, but it's heavily pushed by magic youtube channels from what I've heard, I wouldn't know because I don't know of any good ones.
>>
>>66736551
I'd run one in ETB-centric decks like Aminatou and Brago.
>>
>>66736578
>>66736571
I'm thinking of running it in sen triplets, so I can comfortably play other people's shit on my turn and then focus on controlling and my own cards on their turns.
>>
>>66736614
Sounds like a good idea.
I'd want to try it in Patron of the Orochi.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cloud-catching/

Decided to slap up a PDH deck, but tappedout insists it isn't legal?
>>
>>66736423
A tuned sliver deck is a "tribe" that buys times with fat bodies that have a ridiculous amount of flexibility until Overlord can safely tutor out combo pieces.
Then it fucking explodes in everyone's faces if you let Sliver Queen hit the board.
Aside from that swing-tribal sliver isn't as competitive as something like elves but has a lot of variety.
>>
>>66735546
>oketra
>>66735568
>>66735475
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-oketra-3/
>>
>>66729885
only saskia of the 4color isn't there
kek
>>
>>66735494
still not budget
I made once a Alesha with 100$
wasn't good, but I was able to put both Alpha and Omega Myr onto battlefield
felt good
>>
>>66731608
>precons
>good, consistent decks
what the fuck are you on about? Unmodified precons are trash. and nowhere close to consistent.
>>
File: 1445223063336.jpg (53 KB, 300x300)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>66736738
>commander
>Epocharisite
>>
>>66736910
>tutor out combo pieces
this is probably the gayest mechanic in the game
>>
>$300k stretch goal for Terese Nielsen's token kickstarter is gonna have a poll for a new token

I kinda want a 1/1 Hippo for my Phelddagrif. She's already giving a Sand Warrior to the 5 people that play Hazazon.
>>
>>66737295
If saproling is too much copyright law then I say a treasure token is pretty solid.
>>
File: Image.jpg (38 KB, 223x310)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>66737238
Isn't an uncommon usually the commander?
>>
>>66729885
Only one of those I've played is Animar.
One person in my group plays Nekusar and Zur; and someone in my old group played Omnath and Muldy.
>>
File: Epochrasite_C14.jpg (164 KB, 488x680)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>66737361
Could be a bug or some other mistake. Epochrasite has been printed as a rare most recently.
>>
>>66729885
But nobody has asked the most important question of all Who's the most boring commander?It's either Muldrotha or Meren
>>
File: XG5mvN.png (1.28 MB, 1600x1024)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
I think I'm burning out on edh, I haven't been able to think up a deck in several months and nothing new or old really piques my interest.
Will playing oathbreaker revitalize me or should I go play m*dern
>>
>>66737295
I'll vote with you on that.
>>
>>66737417
Muldrotha can be fun people just suck at her.
The most boring commander is Narset or Kaalia
>>
>>66732469
Severely underrated.

Ewit in the command zone? Yes please.
>>
File: 1476453763062.jpg (53 KB, 564x428)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>66737295
THRULL TOKEN
BLACK BROS WW@ GONNA NEED TO PULL THROUGH ON THIS ONE
>>
>>66737417
Most boring commander is obviously Gosta Dirk.
>>
>>66732469
>Interacts with artifacts?
Hanna.
>Is an artifact?
Memnarch.

Next question.
>>
File: 1559624108508.jpg (100 KB, 615x678)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>spends hundreds of dollars and weeks of my time building a deck I actually like to play
>that has lethal combos that aren't complicated ot pull off, perfect for someone who hasn't played Magic long
>finally feel like I can hang with the big boys at my lgs
>take it for a spin, and whenever I win I have rotten cunts stamping their feet angry at me because they didn't like the way my deck beat them

I'm so tired of this shit game and the insanely autistic community around it. Fuck this garbage I'm going back to video games that give me 3x more entertainment for 10% of the price.
>>
Is it legal to shuffle around my face down creatures after someone has looked at them with a one-off effect?
>>
>>66737508
It's been a while since that's happened with me. When autists start screeching in my LGS, it's always because of LD. Not necessarily MLD even. There's few fags who whine about infect or infinites or any other "unfair" strategies, but there's been nothing major.
>>
>>66737562
I'm 70% sure that it's not
>>
>>66736179
But with gatherer alone you would see very similar results to what edhrec would put out. You'd see the best combos for a given commander, the best lands, the best artifacts and creatures, etc etc. It would just take the person slightly longer. Unless of course they did no other research on forums or whatnot for what combos benefit their commander, in which case they'll just have a crappy deck on par with a precon.
>>
>>66737508
Traditional games are always like this.
The levels of fun you're likely to experience increase depending on WHO you are playing with.
Random sweaty netbeards at a nerd joint will probably suck to spend time with, chilling with the homies and shitting on each other with vintage proxies is a pretty good way to spend a night.
>>
>>66737508
Just wait until the urza and yawg decks start showing up.
>>
>>66737508
Don't be coy. What's the deck anon?
>>
>>66737641
He only spent a few hundred dollars, it's just some casual list.
>>
>>66737672
>>66737672
>>66737672
>>
>>66728316
Razakats doesnt run razaketh as commander

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.