[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1509030287374.jpg (65 KB, 1165x373)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell us about your character's signature weapon.

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/VgiyFXFc

Previous /pfg/ thread: >>66651538
Current /sfg/ thread: >>66688051
>>
>>66689808
>Tell us about your character's signature weapon.
It's thin, it's long, and he likes to swing it around.
>>
>>66689808
It broke, so he had to get a new one. Now no-one recognises him.
>>
>>66689808
>Tell us about your character's signature weapon
An enchanted broad sword whose blade is made of the obsidian gathered from the body of an elder magma elemental.
>>
>>66689808
As much as I like the idea of it, I don't tend to get too attached to my characters' weapons. My current character was originally going to go unarmed two-weapon fighting, but I had neither the dex nor many available feats, since I can't ignore strength because the dm doesn't allow dex-to-damage, and he's decided everyone must be variant multiclassed for this campaign. So I just grabbed a falchion, slapped keen on it, and called it a day.

I do a decent amount of damage because of the planar focus feat, when we don't face resistent enemies, but I'm still the lowest in the party. But he ruled the fire isn't multiplied on a critical, so I'm kind of wishing I found a way to squeeze in twf anyways. I guess I should start grabbing natural attacks.
>>
>>66690123
Shouldn't your animal companion be helping pick up your slack? You say you have Planar Focus, so I'm assuming you're a Hunter.
>>
>>66690226
Since my tiger has the elemental companion archetype, it does more damage than me per hit.
>>
>>66689121
>I think a party of Chaotic aligned players might think helping the goblins would be a good idea though.
Anon, being chaotic doens't equate to the party being evil or stupid contradictory to what /tg/ tells you..
>>
>>66692746
Unless your Chaotic Evil. Thats basically the "Im stupid and want to see what happens" alignment.
>>
>>66693391
>t:Idiot who believes memes
>>
>>66693391
Intelligence has nothing to do with alignment. You can be retarded and lawful good.
>>
>>66693808
But can you be brilliant and True Neutral?
>>
>>66693840
Sure you can. People just won't see it.
>>
My druid kinda exploded close to a coast and got all his belongings catapulted into the water as his body got turned into a red smear, good thing is, I play a reincarnated druid but the bad thing is, all my stuff is kinda hard to find now
Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to find it back?
>>
>>66693391
No it isn't. You can be Chaotic Evil and be an intelligent and fully rational being.
>>
>>66693906
reincarnated druid has a feature to track their belongings down
>>
>>66694067
Their remains actually, which many would argue would be ones body, and my body happens to be a red smear over the pavement now, maybe some giblets strewn over the nearby docks too
>>
>>66694067
>>66694084
Consider cutting off fingers to glue onto your magic items when you get them back to prevent this from happening again in the future. Regenerate is on your spell list.
>>
I'm a beginner dm playing with a group of beginners. None of us have experience, nor are there locals to try learning from. I can do a pretty good job keeping them engaged during role play (we've all known each other forever so I know exactly what will get them excited), but when gameplay happens I'm much less confident. The two main things I worry about are strength and number of enemies to throw at them, and what kind of items and gear to reward them with. It doesn't help that most official resources offer advice for a party of at least 4 players but we only have 3.

Tldr: Are there any recommended resources for learning the game's power curve, etc? We're already pretty comfy with the rules, I just need to tie it all together.
>>
>>66695428
Not really. It comes down to intuition. The first few levels are pretty rough, with 4-7 being a pretty safe area for the players to experiment and explore. After that, the curb gets insane again.

About the only thing I can recomend is to look at your composition and tier the encounters to them. For example, you wouldnt throw a locked chest at a group that doesnt have Disable Device and so on.

Make sure to check out your besties before you throw them into play. Some monsters are too strong for what their CR listing is, speaking of, never trust CR to balance an encounter properly. Its bull really.
>>
>>66695725
Right, our composition is another thing. We've got a ranger, a barbarian, amd a paladin, so (at least so far) pretty light on magic.
The CR being bunk is kind of an ouch for me, it's mostly what I've been using to deal with stuff, but I'll pay more attention to making sure the encounters are balanced.
I guess my main issue is with rewards. There's so many crazy magic items and enchantments for weapons that it's hard to have any idea what would be fair to give the players.
>>
>>66697206
If thats your comp then your pretty alright. They seem to be geared towards combat, so I would focus that aspect alot. Less 'Watch out for traps' and more 'For honor!' style when it comes to your encounters.

If your worried about rewards, just calculate stuff after the encounter. You only really need to put unique items and stuff on the boss monsters.
>>
>>66689808
I'm going to be raising and caring for a Destrachan that is going to hatch in the coming sessions of a campaign I'm in. How do i ensure it turns out good instead of evil?
>>
>>66697389
Teach it about acoustics and singing.
>>
>>66697509
At what point could it start taking levels in bard?
>>
>>66697561
That's up to your GM. Assuming we are talking mechanically a monstrous cohort you probably will treat the destrachan as a level 12 or maybe even 14 cohort, but those rules are craptastic so let's just say 10. So around the time you are level 13 and above. If we are talking purely fluffy mechanics? Probably late into it's adult life.
>>
>>66697640
We are talking fluffy mechanics. Everyone with leadership in the party already has a cohort. Might end up being a follower though.

Initially I thought it would grow up to be a cool mount, but then I realized it was intelligent and probably wouldn't let me.
>>
>>66693906
On the topic of reincarnation druid, my GM made an NPC one that's an ally of the the party, and he has the Troth of the Forgotten Pharaoh feat, which is pretty great. It's essentially an immediate action self-destruct button that he uses if he's about to be affected by a death effect spell, since you can't reincarnate from those. The RP way he got it was by offering himself to a Pharaoh's cult to be a human sacrifice in which the ritual was performed on him, he learned it, was killed, then reincarnated later.
>>
Have you ever played a kitsune for real?
>>
>>66698054
Nope, nor do I plan to unless they're appropriate to the particular setting and adventure
>>
>>66698054
Yes, he is really fun.
>>
>>66698054
Yes, he's an Int Kitsune though so he's a big know-it-all.
>>
Any way to trade out or buy off a Drawback trait without resorting to homebrew? I have a character who has that fear of fire, and I'd like one of his character arcs to be him overcoming it. I'd be cool with it getting replaced by a different one.
>>
>>66699580
Sounds like something you could talk to your dm about. I don't know amy official rules involving it tho.
>>
>>66698054
Yep. Made a Wrecking Mysticism/Hunger Oracle for a custom setting the DM made. He actually requested someone do one, so I decided to just have fun with it. Was basically a fake shrine god that was exploiting the yokels until they wised up.

Liked pretending to be a 'waifu' sort of character, but was actually a manipulative, lazy slob. Married one of the other PCs at the end of the campaign because he said he had come to terms with her awful personality and just wanted a hot chick who could hold a conversation. Also, his player was the guy who bought pizza every week.
>>
>>66699580
As is there's nothing you can do about it. And kinda defeats the point if you can be more or less get a trait for free if you are able to just buy an item and go "welp, there goes my need to always protect my allies".
>>
>>66699783
Oh no, I agree. I was just thinking I could trade it for a different one.
>>
>>66699817
Not beyond the very specific few ones that say "If this happens, get this one instead." So yeah, up to your GM.
>>
>>66699580
It's not strictly a legal way to do it but I can't imagine a situation where a DM would say no:
Take the Extra Traits feat. Retrain out of the drawback and spend one of the "extra" traits on taking the trait you previously bought with the drawback.
>>
File: weaboo.png (476 KB, 800x800)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>66689808
>Tell us about your character's signature weapon.
Our DM asked us for weaboo and I went max weaboo. It is a +1 Keen Katana made out of Chthonic Steel. Named it Kin-Suraisa.
>>
>>66700441
A good suggestion, and an idea I hadn't considered. Thanks.
>>
>Life Oracle Mystery
>Merciful curse (3pp)
>6 Charges of Channel energy, 5 Lay on hands.
If I'm allowed to do this, do I ever even need to cast a heal spell?
>>
>>66700734
Don't forget the Pei Zin Practitioner archetype
>>
Do people still hate 2nd edition or...
>>
>>66700968
yes
>>
>>66700968
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42l6m?ALL-Multiclass-Archetypes
Just look at this joke.
>>
>>66700968
I'd bet it'll be less than a week before the autists here will be clamoring for 2e to get its own general to "contain" discussion of the system to somewhere they don't have to look at it.
>>
>>66701160
Putting SF in here was stupid to begin with, it isn't the same game and the initial claims of rules compatibility were quickly seen to be false.
Having PF2e in here would be like merging the D&D 4e and 5e threads.
>>
>>66701160
PF2e won't be popular enough to warrant a General thread.
>>
>>66701047
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>66701047
>literally 1e variant multiclass
with only a glance I can tell they're absurdly unbalanced betwee each other. And I can say, wihtout even looking at it, monk is the worst. How wrong am I?
>>
>>66701495
>>66701495
You are wrong and right, Spellcasting archetypes are clearly stronger because they give spellcasting, but rogue seems to be the worst one since your sneak attack only goes to 1d6 at 6th level and never increasing compared to a monk's increased health gain, increased movement speed and improved saves.
>>
File: 1456711435729.jpg (62 KB, 736x715)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>66701438
Starfinder wasn't popular enough to warrant a General either, and now the General's dead.
>>
>>66701444
Someone transcribed the multiclassing for each class in 2e. Multiclassing as we know it in Pathfinder 1e doesn't exist in 2e. Basically, you spend feats to buy into other classes instead. Like >>66701495 said, it's like Variant Multiclassing rules, but with more control over what you get and when.

Though before you can take another class, you need a minimum number of feats from your first multiclass.
>>
>>66701495
It is 2E. Monks are better than wizards.
>>
>>66701636
>and now the General's dead
Exactly how the autists like it.
>>
Got a blaster oracle, and I'm trying to decide between Powerless Prophecy and Infested. My mind is telling me Peerless because +4 Initiative is amazing, but my body is telling me fill my character with Insects and pick up Vomit Swarm.

Is there any way to really make Vomit Swarm worth it semi-longterm? Character will reach a max of 14. Gameplay style is deadly.
>>
>>66702159
That makes me sad. I like Starfinder and I like talking about it.
>>
>>66702337
Starfinder general isnt dead, its just in a lull at this time of day.
>>
Hey guys, I'm gunna start a campaign a few months from now and i'm deciding whether or not i want to use 5e or Pathfinder for it. I played a little bit of 1st edition pathfinder but im not really familiar with 2e.

What would you say the state of 2e is right now? Is it fixing some of the problems from 1st ed? is it a mess? is it worth delving into?
>>
>>66702601
>What would you say the state of 2e is right now?
not yet released
>>
>>66702563
The last post of the thread linked in OP was 8 hours ago, it's archived and a new one isn't up
>>
>>66702563
It’s dead, Jim. The last thread died with barely 11 unique posters.
>>
>>66702601
I don't even know what PF2e is going for anymore. Or what audience.
>>
Is that Jhin's gun from League?
>>
>>66702855
>PF2e is a trashfire
>Starfinder is dead
>>
>>66702966
Starfinder itself is doing just fine being Paizo's best product atm, it just can't support itself as a thread on 4chan.

Not that I think people should be trying to make another fucking general in the first place, generals already make up half the threads on /tg/.
>>
>>66703035
People were making Generals because people here were throwing an absolute shitfit at discussing something they were neither knowledgeable of nor interested in.
>>
>>66702563
It's in a lull at every time of day.
>>
File: PZO7220.jpg (381 KB, 926x1200)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>An archive of alien creatures that include a shapechanging swarm of nanobots
>Two new Themes, the Battlefield Medic and Career Soldier
>Two ships confirmed as potential PC vessels, a "luxury observation vessel" and a "military infiltration frigate."
Get August get hyped.
>>
Guess this is the new Starfinder general again, huh.
>>
>>66703506
/pgg/ is inevitable
>>
>>66703506
Talking about tabletop games outside of a general? What the fuck?! Everyone knows that we only talk about gender outside of generals. World gone mad.
>>
So what im getting is dont play pathfinder lmao
>>
>>66703524
Kind of sucks. It's better of we're like Reddit where every single subject has its own general and no one ever talks about or acknowledges anyone else.

Post general /tg/ is awful.
>>
>>66703866
>Post general /tg/ is awful.
Then don't post in the generals, nerd. You're just as capable to not use them as you were before they became hip.
>>
>>66703988
Yeah, start a pathfinder lore related thread outside the general and see how it goes these goes. Every thread is a containment thread.
>>
>>66703786
Dude. If you didn't play something because someone on /tg/ thought it was shit, you wouldn't play anything. This place hates everything. Exalted is for fags. OSR is a bunch of grognards. D&D is normies. Pathfinder is magical realm. Anything Onyx Path makes is angsty teenage trash. Shadowrun is a shopping simulator. Warhammer anything is just a bunch of bullied wimps overcompensating. It fucking never ends.
>>
>Higher damage dice
vs.
>More dice
Which wins? 1d20, or 2d10?
>>
>>66707193
2d10 is a bigger number on average, with an average of 11, with 1d20 having an average of 10.5.
>>
>>66707193
More dice always wins
>>
>>66707193
Bigger dice
It's FUN, and i miss rolling 1d20 for damage, back when monks weren't shit
>>
>>66707193
Always more dice. Higher minimum and higher average. Compare 1d20 to 10 coinflips for an extreme example.
>>
File: 1330978652282.jpg (119 KB, 550x504)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
So I'm wondering how the following rules would potentially effect a pathfinder game:
>You can only have levels in a single class equal to double the levels in your second highest class (aka: you have to multi-class)
or
>You gain class features at double rate except for BAB/spells and classes cap out at 10 on features, obviously mages can then go on to get the other 10 empty levels if they fancy to get their spells while other PCs go on to a whole new job tree or prestige classes.
>>
>FLGS had a deal where if you buy 5 game books, you'll get a credit of around $50 for another
>Get myself the remaining bestiaries for my collection, plus some 5e books
>Later come back to use my credit
>Want to get Mythic Adventures, but it doesn't seem to be in stock
>They manage to find it in back, after discovering that they can't order any new copies because it's out of print
>So much 1e content is out of fucking print
>2e is hot garbage and 1e content is out of fucking print

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>66707786
>forced multiclassing
Fullcasters top out at a single 7th-level spell slot, halfcasters only get to 5th level, and 4th-level casters can just barely get 4th-level spell slots from their bonus slots. Pretty much every class has a terrible capstone now, like magus getting heavy armor proficiency and the related casting ability at 13th, and only if they go 13/7.
>advance features other than BAB and spellcasting by 2 levels per class level
Magus and Warpriest get shafted hard by virtue of needing both BAB and spellcasting, and other halfcasters have to decide whether or not their spell progression is worth 10 empty levels. Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric/Oracle are basically unaffected since they lack actual class features for most of their levels. Under this rule, though, martials basically get a diet-gestalt.

Just run tiered gestalt or something.
>>
>>66707193
4d2 is always better than 2d4
>>
Is Gunchemist any good? I'm trying to play one but I don't know if it's worth it compared to Grenadier.
Also, does ornace count as bomb for the tiefling or half orc FCB?
>>
>>66710116
If you want to use guns it's fine
As for FCB interaction, it doesn't because they aren't bombs but just ask your GM to houserule it
>>
>>66703430
That is a cute android. Kind of surprised the artist was allowed to give her breasts that large but they are covered I guess. The screaming kid is a nice touch too. Brings home that civilians are being impacted.
>>
File: 1551504588748.jpg (36 KB, 500x375)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I was just gifted the Core rulebook and Bestiary for my birthday , what other books would you recommend for a first time Pathfinder dm. I assume the other bestiaries of course , but what else. I have dm'd and played quite a few other systems d&d 2e, 4e, 5e ,whfrpg ect so I am not going into this blind
>>
>>66708081
>Fullcasters top out at a single 7th-level spell slot, halfcasters only get to 5th level, and 4th-level casters can just barely get 4th-level spell slots from their bonus slots. Pretty much every class has a terrible capstone now, like magus getting heavy armor proficiency and the related casting ability at 13th, and only if they go 13/7.
>Pretty much every class has a terrible capstone now, like magus getting heavy armor proficiency and the related casting ability at 13th, and only if they go 13/7.
As in every class gets their 20th level Capstone at 10th. Basically folding their abilities in half so 4th level abilities are gained at 2nd, 6th at 3rd, ect.
>>
>>66710680
Everything mechanics-wise is online for free and organised on sites like Archives of Nethys(Official site) or d20pfsrd(Can't use in-setting names but better hotlinking).
>>
>>66710680
Most all the rules can be found online for free at d20pfsrd and aonprd (the latter is generally better, except for rules on combat and VMC stuff)
If you absolutely must buy another thing, then the official DM screen can be useful to use as a quick reference due to having rules written inside of it. Otherwise the only other things you'd need to buy would be setting guidebooks like the Inner Sea World Guide and the various smaller splats.
>>
>>66710680
Guide books and setting books mostly. Rules are free on the internet, see the pastebin for that if ye can't google them yourself. But if you must have the books physically, or buy them as legit pdfs, the Ultimates and Advanced book are the big rulebooks you need. Avoid Wilderness though, it's generally shite.
>>
Trying to get my group into pathfinder, should i wait for the 2e coming in august or just dive into it? our group is pretty vanilla when it comes to TRPGs im the only dm in the group comfortable with exploring the different ones other than 5(ew)
>>
>>66711200
dive into it, 2E so far has looked like garbage and Paizo has always been consistently garbage at fixing problems in playtests for the final product
>>
>>66711272
Thanks, ill give it a shot. i have the rulebook lying around now to convince my bundle of retards its a good idea
>>
>>66711342
Just remember, if no one is feeling it, then don't try to push it. Pathfinder is not for everyone or all groups, it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy it
>>
File: 1560149156502.jpg (389 KB, 1280x1814)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
So apparently if I leave for a day or so, everything dies, so the Starfinder General fell off the board.

In case anyone here is interested, I started a new one:
>>66711991
>>66711991
>>66711991
>>66711991
>>66711991
>>
>>66711200
Definitely dive into it. PF2 looks like it'll be worse than both Starfinder and D&D5 in all the ways that matter.
>>
>>66703430
>That Android
She’s so cute! I bet she’s a bad guy.
>>
https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sgoc?The-Broken-Lands

They really are advancing the timeline to assume that adventure paths have been completed.
>>
>>66712043
>I bet she’s a bad guy.
Spoiler alert, she's a bad guy - that three-clawed badge on her breast is the insignia of a radical native movement on a civilized world choking with refugees from the latest Swarm attacks.
>>
>>66703430
>Someone help! I found this small child and I have no idea how to hold it!
>>
>>66712538
From the looks of it the shirren is either tossing the baby to the woman or is going "Here hold this" and then intends to smack the baby.
>>
File: 5th Ace.jpg (177 KB, 879x467)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>66689808
My Pirate (Rogue/Gunslinger with a penchant for gambling of all kinds) carries a magical, gold-plated 5-shot Pepperbox pistol. He calls it The Fifth Ace.
>>
>>66712538
The Shirren is a dad, actually. He's got his larval son on his hip, I'd imagine he's great with kids.
>>
File: Lumina-2-780x405[1].jpg (36 KB, 780x405)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>66712648
>>
>>66712472
>radical native movement on a civilized world choking with refugees from the latest Swarm attacks
Oh fucking hell. What're the chances we get a Trump reference?
>>
>>66712790
They've been pretty good at avoiding contemporary politics with Against the Aeon Throne and the Absalom First movement on Absalom Station, I'd wager this will be more "Genestealer Cult" than "Orange Man Bad." These are the same developers that introduced a professor literally promoting genocide, and the best solution to solving that particular problem is going, "Yeah, you're absolutely right, but you can't say that out loud."
>>
>>66712838
>These are the same developers that introduced a professor literally promoting genocide, and the best solution to solving that particular problem is going, "Yeah, you're absolutely right, but you can't say that out loud."
Wait; what?
>>
>>66712896
In Dead Suns, the party goes to Castrovel to investigate strange runic symbols found in the depths of the Drift Rock, only to find the local university on virtual lockdown after one of the professors (a Contemplative named Ailabiens 21:2) gave an inflammatory lecture on how the Lashunta could have wiped out the Formians on multiple occasions during their centuries-long war, but chose not to. Considering the war ended only ten years ago, people got upset; the Contemplative is on probation and the University is swarming with reporters. The university director asks the party to convince Ailabiens to issue a formal apology, and Ailabiens refuses on the grounds he said "nothing wrong" and "if people are upset, that's their own fault." The most common solution to this problem is telling Ailabiens that issuing a token apology will give him access back to University resources (thus helping the party) and they'll convince the director not to put his outburst on his formal record.
>>
>>66713109
>Professor redpills the entire class on the observable facts
>University literally shuts down and seals the doors
>No one can prove he's wrong so they fall back on social shaming
>Getting him to shut the fuck up is considered the good option
I don't know, that does sound pretty fucking Social Justice to me.
>>
>>66713406
Id argue its less of a good and more of a chaotic action. The fact he said x thing and is blaming everyone else for their sensitivity aligns him as a hard chaotic neutral.
>>
>>66713406
>Guy is reprimanded for saying that a race of non-evil creatures should've been genocided
>"LOL SJW propagander right here m8 based and acidified my dudes baka famalama le pepe face"
>>
Are there any good uses for skinwalkers besides natural attack machines?
>>
>>66713556
>Not evil
>Started a war of aggression with their nearest neighbours that lasted thousands of years literally the picosecond they stopped fighting each other.
Also, from the looks of it he didn't say they should have been genocided, only that the opportunity was there and that the Lashunta chose not to. Those are two very different situations.
>Group X had tactical superiority over group Y and could have wiped them out but chose not to for what were most likely moral reasons
Is very different to
>Pass the Bikes, Racecar Lmao
If it was the former then that'd be a different situation, but being a Contemplative which I believe are an entirely different race he doesn't even have a horse in the god damned race, so I don't imagine he said it because he's going full American History: Insects

>>66713528
I don't know, telling the truth even if it offends people sounds fairly lawful to me. LN mind you since it's neither good not evil aligned. I'm saying that having 'Bro just shut up because we're uncomfortable about this fact' as a good aligned option (Rather than a chaotic one, flexing the reality of the situation to fit convenience) is a fairly social justice mentality.
>>
>>66713652
>I don't know, telling the truth even if it offends people sounds fairly lawful to me.
Sounds like something that depends entirely on the intentions of the character doing that. I can easily imagine anyone of any alignment telling the truth to people who don't want to hear it for dozens of reasons
>>
>>66713652
I read that part and it's pretty much a "He said she said". According to the lashunta the guy said "They should've" while from his perspective he said "Could've". There's no way to know one way or the other since you never actually get to see, hear, or read about the lecture so from a PC point of view it's better to just go with the professor if only to get what they want faster.
>>
>>66713724
See, I'd argue the intention is where the Good-Evil alignment comes in.
If you're doing it just to be a dick (Ayy, your wife fucked your best friend bro, better start a fight in a pub car park over it!) then it's evil, if you're doing it because though it hurts it'll help them grow (Look man, they're not worth it, you're hurting yourself, I know you don't want to hear this but...) then it's good, if you're doing it because it's just the facts and your autismbrain demands you state the truth at all times every time because it's the truth and why would anything else even come to mind? Then that's Neutral.
Telling a truth people don't want to hear for other reasons is different to telling the truth other people don't want to hear, because it's the truth and if they have a problem with reality that's their problem.
>>
>>66713652
I dont think so. I believe having an unfiltered political opinion is a pretty strong chaotic leniancy in itself. With lawful neutral, they normal operate based on societal norms and are very unlikely to make controversial opinions because it creates instability and chaos.

A chaotic person doesn't care if people think its a good or bad opinion, its just their opinion and their opinion is all that matters to them.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (73 KB, 410x673)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>66713724
Let me add some perspective to the situation; Ailabiens 21:2 is True Neutral, and the option is not regarded as either a Good choice or a Chaotic choice, it's simply a Choice. The party are only at the University to decode the language discovered on the Drift Rock, and the shutdown is in the way of completing that objective - therefore, you are encouraged to seek out the quickest and easiest solution that gives you access to University resources.

Pic related is the challenge itself, straight from the AP.
>>
>>66713811
>I read that part and it's pretty much a "He said she said". According to the lashunta the guy said "They should've" while from his perspective he said "Could've". There's no way to know one way or the other since you never actually get to see, hear, or read about the lecture so from a PC point of view it's better to just go with the professor if only to get what they want faster.
Now that's a different situation and a totally fair cop. If it's ambiguous on if he did go full Roman Salute or not then that's totally different.
>>
What are some interesting drugs a character with an addictive personality might partake in?
>>
>>66714928
Mutagen, potions and extracts
>>
>>66714928
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/
See for yourself. Doctor Feelgood's doors are always open. So let's see if we have something for what ails you.
>>
>>66714928
Adyton: Religious drug used to trip out so hard you enter a Devil Queens mindscape and chat about how superior you are to everything else in the universe. Results may vary.
Pesh: Fantasy hash that comes with vivid hallucinations and a whole series of spells revolving around it, including placing a geas on someone to turn them into an addict.
>>
Anybody know of any better deals than miniature market for 2e core rulebook? Current price=$44.99, shipping not free unless order is greater than $99, tax not collected.
>>
>>66714928
Gacha.
>>
>>66715797
>Gacha games in Starfinder
>Golarion Legends, where you roll for a squad of famous historical figures of Golarion's past
>Most of them reimagined as cute waifus, of course
>Most popular mobile game in the Pact World's
>Secretly funded by Eoxians
>>
>>66715859
I love Iomedae (Alter!)
>>
>>66715797
>>66715859
>>66715982
In Starfinder, Anime is not only real, it offers you tangible mechanical benefits.
https://thehiddentruth.info/player/equipment/items/hybrid.php?page=Computeridolmk2
>Hackerman can beseech their idol figurine to give them that extra boost to save the day
>>
I am rather disappointed by Paizo having kept critical failures on knowledge rolls in 2e. When I was playtesting 2e, this inevitably led to slapstick situation after slapstick situation of the whole party rolling knowledge checks, one character receiving the correct answer, and another receiving an obviously wrong answer. (Unsurprisingly, it tends to be difficult for a GM to devise a false answer on the spot in such a way that it sounds equally plausible.) Never mind that it is a huge waste of time, and it forces the GM to be the one to make knowledge checks on the party's behalf.
>>
>>66716063

This also exacerbates the issue with Paizo folding and succumbing to the temptation of removing a character's level from untrained skill checks. If a high-level character attempts to make a knowledge check for which they are untrained, rather than the character simply not knowing anything of the subject, they will be filled with confidence about knowing everything there is to know about the subject, which is all false information. That seems incongruous to me.
>>
>>66716140
They'll probably still keep the plan of just locking you out of most higher level checks entirely, by requiring you to have a minimum training rank.
>>
>>66716417
Leaks show they're not doing that for recall knowledge.
>>
>>66689808
Is this good enough of a players guide for starting a new campaign? I was trying to make something similar to the adventure path players guides.
>>
>>66716140
Counter-point:
>>
What is some good fight music for a necromancer BBEG? I want the background music to fit the moment since it’s been years in the making and my first BBEG fight but I suck at picking music
>>
>>66718819
Darkest Dungeon has some good battle tracks.
>>
>>66718597
>lol randumb shit
>>
>>66718819
Basically all of dark souls 1 boss themes are pretty fantastic.
>>
>>66719174
Which would you recommend for a necromancer fight though? Nito? Pinwheel?
>>
>>66719329
Depends on the necromancer. But pinwheel, nito, and some of the demon bosses would fit pretty great.
>>
>>66719329
Depends on the feel you're going for.
Nito for sheer dread and hopelessness.
Pinwheel for weird alien feels
What feel are you going for? I'm sure one will work well
>>
>>66719361
>>66719348
I'll admit, I wasn't the one who asked the question.
...Very good points though, i'll have to keep it in mind if I need some theme music for a necromancer.
>>
>>66689808
Doesn’t really have one. Kills with his hands, feet, knives, pick, a sword he got as a prize, some hunting javelins he picked up.
He’s flexible.
>>
>>66689808
LG sentient weapon bound to the soul of a NE character for rehabilitation and part of their probation. Should be a sitcom.
>>
What are some ways for a living, intelligent character to give up his intelligence or life without giving up consciousness or identity?
So far I have a few methods
>Intelligent undeath (lichdom, vampirism, etc)
>Become a Moss Lich
>Become a Worm that Walks
>Transfer consciousness into a Construct (no strict rules for how to do this, but it should be possible, right?)
>Astral Projection/Temporal Stasis
But I need more
>>
>>66720430
Soul Anchor
>>
>>66720666
Is that a spell?
I can't seem to find anything about it on d20pfsrd
>>
>>66689808
So, I've played this game before. Several different classes. I CAN play more complex classes. I just don't enjoy them. A lot of the game just kinda feels like doing paperwork.
The most fun I've ever had as a caster was a Grippli Cleric of Groetus, Madness/Protean domains, because it was fairly simple. Spring attack with 15ft reach using appropriate touch attack that turn, either domains' or debuff spells. If it's real big, turn on both auras. Everything I ever used fit on like 6 post it notes and the front page of my sheet.

I think if I'd had my rathers, I'd probably choose Fighter. Just hit it with a sword, you know. Done. Maybe have two or three simple options to decide to apply on the sword swings. My playgroup barely cares about anything other than damage anyways. Unless it's super Timmysplashy like Doomsday Frog, that's probably the most recognition I've ever got playing a nonDPS.

Problem is, Fighter the way most people build it is useless outside of combat.

BUT Fighter is also a ludicrously customizable class. It is in effect, Class a la carte, so long as you're willing to build it out of feats, or archetypes that give you another classes' signature ability like a Familiar, Mutagen, Martial Flexibility, even Spellcasting. Though doing that does require me to keep track of a bunch of system stuff.

Basically what I'm rambling to ask here is, if I spent my combat feats on one or two attack effect options, and then all my normal feats on out of combat stuff, I wouldn't be severely hobbled right?
Also, since literally no guides are gonna exist for this, what good out of combat utility feats should I be taking? I feel like just skill boost are kind of a waste.
>>
>>66720748
>Is that a spell?
It's an item.
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Mahathallah#Soul_anchors
>>
>>66720789
Ah. I use a custom setting, but I suppose I could write something like that into my lore
>>
>>66720430
Put soul in any construct
https://aonprd.com/MonsterTemplates.aspx?ItemName=Soulbound%20Construct
Put soul in familiar
https://aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Familiar%20Soulbound%20Familiar
https://aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Wizard%20Spirit%20Binder
https://aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Witch%20Beast-Bonded
>>
>>66720853
Fantastic, this is what I was hoping to find.
Thanks
>>
File: giphy.gif (911 KB, 253x197)
911 KB
911 KB GIF
>>66720806
>His setting has ego death afterlife
>>
>>66720918
Not necessarily.
It depends on which afterlife you get
>>
>>66720959
Deets?
>>
>>66721015
Well obviously anyone who reincarnates gets ego wiped
Other than that, it has to do with how long the living remember you. As long as some memory of your life remains in the living world, you can hang on to your identity in the afterlife.
For this reason folk heroes and other legendary figures are able to exist almost indefinitely, while those who fail to make enough of an impression on the world to be remembered slowly lose themselves, fading into the plane they've ended up on until eventually they become an amorphous mass of soul energy that will eventually coalesce into an Outsider.
>>
>>66720774
Unbreakable Fighter Archetype.
Human
Fey Foundling and Fast Healer at level 1 for generics.

These in whatever order you like:
Believer's Boon (Healing Domain)
Believer's Hands
Godless Healing
Curative Mastery (Item Mastery)
Healer’s Hands (Conduit)
Incredible Healer

And Combat Vigor as your level 2 combat feat.

Deny Death would also be nice. Requires a ki pool from Perfect Style (combat) though.
>>
File: spider-manjpg.jpg (32 KB, 650x326)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Small rant: Saw an ad for Far from Home and got excited to make Spider-man, then got re-angered about the shit Arachnid Wildsoul vigilante. Who wrote that dumpster fire of an archetype? Paizo, its just climbin' walls and shootin' webs?! How did you fuck it up so badly?
>>
>when I wanted to play a gunslinger but then found out that a magus player with a bow shits out more damage than I ever could
>>
>>66722347
Play an Alchemist (Gun Chemist) and just have fun?
>>
huh d20pfsrd just add some stuff from Chronicler of Legends...

Cluster Bomb Fireball seems cool https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/magic-trick-2/. Look like this remove the damage dice cap.... so caster level boost can abuse it?
>>
>>66720774
Go the Oldschool D&D route.

Go on the PFSRD and look up anything that contains "the leadership feat"

Squire, Torchbearer, Imperial Knight, Recruits, Dynasty Founder or Noble Imposter.

Eldritch Guardian Fighter for the Familiar.
Animal Ally for the Companion.

Nothing adds out of combat utility like flunkies.
>>
>>66722618
It's just a bit annoying that up close and deadly requires grit to use, meanwhile they're shitting out 1d8+1d6+1d6+1d3 with no cost because of like cantrips or some shit, and since they have a comparable pool of health, a comparable pool of skills, and magic, I feel like there's not much I can even come close to working with compared to them, other than hitting touch AC
>>
>>66722347
>>66723332
Damage is absolute least of your problems as a Gunslinger
>>
>>66722722
>Concentrated Fire
Isn't that just basically an extra 2d6 worth of fuck you on one specific creature, or a swarm?
>>
>>66720774
>if I spent my combat feats on one or two attack effect options, and then all my normal feats on out of combat stuff, I wouldn't be severely hobbled right?
Definitely not! Fighter is great just for this alone, you don't have to compromise your feat allocation and can do whatever you want to. Even feat intensive builds like TWF don't suffer from it, and the freedom of taking less optimal feats just because the combat side of the class is already beefy feels great
Personally, i suggest the human luck feats, as they are incredibly useful both for yourself and for your party. +8 to any important roll as a free/immediate action to anyone? Yes please
>>
>>66721085
>it has to do with how long the living remember you
The first thing that came to mind is kingdom hearts
The second thing that came to mind is that, by those rules, the worst tyrants and oppressors in history would have a fair shot at a pretty snazzy afterlife
>>
>>66723857
3d6 actually, and 6d6 if you concentrate a widened fireball
>>
>>66689808
It’s a sword made of onyx
>>
>>66724332
Brock won't like that. He'll turn his drying pan into a dying pan when he finds out.
>>
>>66724332
Edgy. Very edgy.
>>
>>66723797
I just wanted to be a cool Yeehaw, anon
>>
File: 65498198.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>my inquisitor starts stalking a man, gonna inquisition him
>find out that there are multiple other people watching him too, possibly security
>the next day decide to watch their patterns and see if there's a blind spot I can exploit
>roll an 8 on my stealth check
>been waiting on a response from my dm for 10 minutes
>>
>>66726649
I'm sorry friend, but this is the wrong system for that. You can try anyway, but lord help you if your group isn't supportive and down for a good rodeo, because otherwise you're in for so many bad times.
>>
I want to fuck Etan
>>
>>66729109
Get in line
>>
>>66723900
>the worst tyrants and oppressors in history would have a fair shot at a pretty snazzy afterlife
They just get to spend that much longer suffering in Hell or the Abyss
>>
>>66723900
Not really. They'd need to be exceptionally powerful, not just in the political sense, to stand a chance of being anything other than fodder.
>>
>>66729109
>>66729160
>yfw it was really Rory SHAPESHIFTED to look like Etan
>>
>>66729109
>>66729160
>>
anyn games recruiting where I can commit war crimes
>>
Does anyone know where I can easily find information on what Venture-Captains are located in which areas and cities? One of my players wants to see the Pathfinder Society in Korvosa after insisting there was a branch there and I'm having a heck of a time finding any information on whether or not that's even true, much less who runs it.
>>
>>66730740
Apply to some shady ERP with a female char; what'll happen to your holes could be considered a war crime
>>
>>66731127
PLD Deux finished recruiting months ago...
>>
>>66731037
Most information can be found from here:
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Pathfinder_lodge
It looks like Magnimar has a lodge, but no mentions of Korvosa.
>>
Huh, wonder why I've never heard of metamagic gems before
https://aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Metamagic%20GemEmpowering%20Topaz
>>
>>66731579
Overpriced.
>>
>>66731626
>Overpriced
What, 1000g too rich for your blood? That sounds amazi-
>It's a consumable
Fair
>>
>>66731647
>What, 1000g too rich for your blood?
1000 gp could buy you like, five well-trained slaves. Or a down-payment on a house. Or a year's worth of Excellent meals.
>>
>>66731720
>he thinks gold is worth investing into things that don't make you a stronger adventurer
Wow I bet you sleep indoors and don't stab people for pocket change.
>>
Yo, does any fa/tg/uy have a copy of Ultimate Kineticist Compendium by Legendary games, or know a trove I could find it in?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>66732158
>Five well trained slaves isn't a sound adventuring investment
Geez, next thing you tell me that you are one of those weirdos who don't have horses and wagons when you go adventuring because you gotta store your fifty bags of holding somewhere.
>>
>>66733110
Seriously. Who does he expect to carry his palanquin?
>>
>>66732158
The only people that ever invest in adventuring gear over a stable future are power gamers.
>>
>>66733887
Ya can't have a future if yer dead, so investing into houses and such before you are sure you are able to retire alive are wasted investments.
>>
What is your guys' general sense of balance in the game? I've been in two campaigns now and our boys are looking for me to DM one. I'm currently developing the lore and setting as well as the background of their characters, but I also want to make a few houserule changes to the classes and mechanics. One thing we've all agreed to do is make the ranger more powerful as we all think the class sucks dick as is.
>>
>>66733967
I just make a character and pull back until I'm in the general range of the rest of the party.
>>
Twinned Summoner archetype. Good? Bad? Ugly? Implications of incestuous and/or narcissistic tendencies?
>>
Are there any published NPC statblocks that would be appropriate for a butler, valet, or footman?
>>
>>66733967
Just ban 9th casters and any 6th caster that does magus stuff.
>>
>>66734655
Check the NPC section from Archives of Nethys.
>>
>>66734692
>Magus stuff
If Magus is a problem you might as well just ban all casters
>>
Who's your favorite demon lord? Mine is Socothbenoth if only because his holy symbol is just practically two penises
>An eyeless snake and a staff
>>
>>66734802
Haagenti, mestama and that mutant riddle Sphinx that makes solid gold weapons, armor and shields viable
>>
>>66734765
Magus has a full caster level and gets to crit 15-20 on spell damage.
There's a reason spellstrikers got called out.
>>
>>66735255
Magus is the only problematic one, the only other build that can even get close is Spiritualist with either of the only two archetypes in the game that give spell combat, and those suffer because of an infinitely shittier spell list for spellstriking. Spellstrike by itself is fine
>>
File: deep nichijou disgust.png (435 KB, 540x426)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>66735255
>>66735354
Is it perhaps problematic solely because of the single meme build that dominates every single guide ever, to the point people regularly complain that "one big burst of spike damage" is the only actual gimmick the class even has going for it?
God I'm glad Legendary Magus removed spellstrike
>>
>>66729109
>ywn plow Etan's boipucci and whisper cute romantic whispers into his ear
>>
>>66734802
You just know
>>
>>66735430
what the fuck is Etan
>>
Cowboypunk memegame when??
>>
>>66735507
>Blood Mountain
>>
>>66735386
It's spell combat+Spellstrike+Shocking Grasp that's the problem. Spellstrike by itself is generally only used in meme builds that are barely more effective than normal bad touch builds, spell combat is stronger than Spellstrike and quite fun as evidenced by warpriest's nerfed version. Shocking grasp is shite on its own and Spellstrike+ spell combat isn't nearly as bad without such an abusable first level spell as evidenced by spiritualist
>>
>>66735617
So kind of you to explain exactly what I was insinuating. Have you tried banning shocking grasp if it gets you so assblasted? Or at the absolute least, banning metamagic traits?
>>
Where the FUCK is my new LFG you fucking trogs
>>
>>66735617
If you take away spellstrike then Magus is just a terrible class in itself. It should at least get full BAB and d10 HD In exchange if it looses the best feature it has.
>>
>>66735717
Spell combat is it's best class feature silly anon
>>66735660
What I myself am insinuating is to ban shocking grasp and maybe frostbite from the magus spell list
>>
>>66735717
Just make it a fucking Duskblade port with modular "talents", but upped to match Paladin's tier for Pathfinder.

It's fucking simple, Paizo just fucking sucks.
>>
File: Elf Kay.png (142 KB, 299x368)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>66735746
>What I myself am insinuating is to ban shocking grasp and maybe frostbite from the magus spell list
So if you remove the only core BNB damage spells from a class whose biggest saving grace against other classes is "burst damage", any chance you'll give it spells that are basically just arcane versions of the Divine Favor line?
>>
>>66735746
>>66735774
Probably best to just ban magus from taking traits that reduce their metamagic costs.
They can keep shocking grasp, but they have to actually pay the metamagic levels to keep using it forever.
>>
How do I optimize for knocking up dumb sluts?
>>
>>66735788
NGL those traits have probably by themselves caused more GMs headaches than pretty much any other in the game.
>>
>>66735801
Be a Cha caster? They generally do enchantment spells better than most
>>
>>66735774
You might as well ban Magus if you want to take away their bread and butter spells and features. Their spell list is otherwise not noteworthy till later levels and it goes from being a top tier class to a bottom tier one instantly.

Magus biggest drawback is a lack of resources and spells early to mid-game. Late game those problems are non-existant but if it burns too much too quickly, it finds itself lagging behind other classes which can make their features last alot longer.
>>
>>66734692
>...and any 6th caster that does magus stuff.
Whoa now, don't get crazy
>>
>>66736014
Seeing as I'm not the person actually suggesting these removals, I think you have the wrong quote.

That said, I want it to go on record that I'm bummed there's no Sanctified Slayer-esque Arcane Wizard-Casting class or archetype, so I have an alternative to Mag-"Shocking Grasp or bust"-us.
>>
>>66736068
Just play an eldritch scoundrel rogue
>>
Run Return
>>
>>66736669
Cool concept, bad archtype. You could excuse the lack of armor and the odd rogue talent for spellcasting, but loosing half of your sneak attack is just criminal.
>>
>>66736669
>Play a class with fuckall zero class features and a terrible chassis
Sick
>>
>>66735801
Barbarian, dumb sluts love muscles.
>>
>>66736722
>>66737073
It's baffling that Investigator didn't get a prepared arcane caster archetype, tbqh, it has everything else. Slap wizard spell list on it and drop Trapfinding for cantrips and some random bullshit bonus and you have an archetype.
>>
>>66737125
You could turn them into a pseudo bard in that regard. Change Int to Cha casting and give them a mix of bard spells and choice offensive/divination spells, because they figure stuff out as per their class name.
>>
>>66737140
Why do that when they already have an archetype that gets Bard casting?
>>
>>66737273
They do? Meh, not like it matters. Im not a big fan of any class thats not core or base (or alternate). Hybrid classes are just usually broken/OP garbage that shouldn't be fit for play.
>>
Casual reminder that Outsiders are entirely capable of being transformed into undead through whichever spell is your go-to for raising. Just be quick about it, as they decompose into quintessence fairly quickly, so either have a hit of Gentle Repose handy or have your Onyx on you at all times so you're always ready.
>>
>Be Jinyiwei Investigator
>Have to go through piles of paperwork in the morning just to get the forms signed to be empowered via divine beauracracy with inquisitor spells
Man these archetypes are silly
>>
>>66737379
Never seen the archetype before, it look pretty strong.
>>
I've been playing RPGs for around 7 years now but unfortunately only D&D 5e and shitty homebrews. Anyone here that can explain the appeal of pathfinder?
>>
File: Brawler.jpg (84 KB, 543x800)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
So I've had the interest of making a punch person and need some advice or feed back. As of right now there are two main punch classes with Brawler and Monk. But are there any fun or interesting alternative options to try out? They don't have to be necessarily but "optimal". I.E. Besides Brawler and Monk having their own archetypes, other classes have their own archetypes that allow them to be punch dudes or dudettes.

Another question I have is items and builds in general. What are some key items and feats to strive for as your build? What is the minimum needed where you can then spend other feats and items on fun stuff? And speaking of items, with new stuff being added, unless I missed something, why would a punch person ever get an Amulet of Mighty Fist when you can get get Handwraps that can be upgraded like a normal weapon? You can then use that neck slot for something useful like Amulet of Natural Armor? Am I missing something?
>>
I’m trying to create a Strigoi as the ancient-evil-sealed-away that the villain is trying to awaken, since it will be a surprise to them

In the setting they’re the ancient precursors of all vampire species. So old that they where a myth when Aroden was rocking around. Unfortunately all I can think of is “take a vampire and slap a lich template on it.” Maybe DR10/Epic? Only staggered in sunlight?
>>
>>66739024
Give them several abilities from a multitude of sources, including things like Stellar/Astral Vampires or perhaps the Crimson Countess. They can drain blood from range with merely a gaze, paralyze and enthrall with merely a thought, can teleport, are functionally-immune to the sun (maybe only suffering from Fatigue in the light), all that jazz.
>>
>>66738890
There's so much content that it's entirely possible to play for years on end without ever getting tired of the system
Nearly any character concept can be reflected mechanically with little to no refluffing required.
Because of the above two points, nearly no two Pathfinder characters are alike unless they're trying to do the exact same build. Mechanical uniqueness is so easy that it's possible to have a full party of Fighters where everyone has a unique niche
>>
>>66712211
Wait, the Whispering Tyrant is out? I thought all the adventure paths were considered successes? So what happened with Carrion Crown?
>>
Good god, I just looked in the trove and I've been swamped in books. Though it best to just ask: what books do I need to start?
>>
>>66738890
It’s shit
>>
>>66738890
If you like number crunch and complex systems, its a game for you and its number of classes and archtypes allow for any type of campaign setting really. Your never short on classes for themed groups.

All nature game? Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, Shifter.

All Arcane? Magus, Alchemist, Bard, and Cleric's that get the arcane/magic domains.

All divine? Paladin, Cleric, Warpriest, Inquisitor.

These are just some rough examples but im pretty sure im getting the point across.
>>
>>66741153
Alchemist isn't arcane.
>>
>>66739333
Start with the core rulebook. Then expand out to the advanced books (advanced player, race, class guids) then the ultimate books (ultimate magic, combat, intrigue). After that, learn to navigate AoN and you'll be golden.
>>
>>66739132
Tyrant's Grasp adventure path is dealing with that I guess?
>>
>>66739132
The Carrion Crown elixir was, and is, a resounding failure at best and a complete waste of the Whispering Way's resources at worst. Also Tar-Baphon survives, he just goes to sulk back to his island after being nuked made him weak enough to be killed by some randies with shards in their hearts.
>>
>>66739132
Also the Carrion Crown was about some guy trying to become the new Whispering Tyrant, or at least a vessel to him. In fact you never actually deal with Tar-Baphon in any way in Carrion Crown.
>>
I just learned that there is a place in Rahadoum called the "Path of Salt."

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Salt
>>
Not sure if any anons play society games but Paizo recently announced some legacy backgrounds in 2e that reward players from 1e seasons. https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sgpo?Pathfinder-Society-Preview-Legacy-Backgrounds
>>
>>66743071
Only ones salty about Rahadoum are those butthurt Sarenrites who couldn't dab on the local faiths like they love to do.
>>
>>66745475
Since I've moved, society has been my only chance to play any PF at all. My one group that is still within an hour's drive of me don't enjoy the system like I do. I just wanna play my Devil May Cry character or Disney Villian Shadow Mage
>>
>>66746081
>Disney Villain Shadow Mage
Details, anon. Not enough people are into Shadow Casting.
>>
>>66746081
>Disney Villian Shadow Mage
But anon, are you ready?
>>
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/tech
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/technomancy

These are new.

These offer good narrative power to non-magical characters by letting them take, for example, photographs and videos. They can even be "livestreamed," verbatim.
>>
>>66748349
So what your saying with this sphere I can legit take Profession(Porn Cameramen)?
>>
File: 70887655_p0.jpg (386 KB, 700x1190)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>be level 1 chained barbarian in Pathfinder with Strength 22 while raging and butchering axe
>deal 3d6+12 damage with butchering axe

>be level 3 soldier in Starfinder with Strength 20 (from personal upgrade) and Melee Striker
>deal 1d12+10 damage with tactical doshko, no full attacking or attacks of opportunity because doshkos are unwieldy

>falling damage and object hit points are the same in Starfinder, so the same damage scale

Did the far future breed weaker warriors?
>>
I've got a Gnome Flame Oracle and I'm considering taking a level or two in Alchemist for the flavor. Thinking maybe Gun Chemist, but does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>66749080
Never, you just assume that since two things are same in the Starfinder system as in Pathfinder it means that they still have the same kind of damage scale and comparable power levels. Because according to your brains your barbarian deals more damage than a quantum missile launcher because it uses 2d8 as it's damage.
>>
>>66749300
It's a really shitty missile launcher from the bargain bin.
>>
>>66749315
On the flagship of an Azlanti armada?
>>
>>66749315
>>66749330
You forgot to add the x10, the Quantum Missile Launcher deals 2d8x10 damage. And don't forget that if said missile launcher is targeting, say, a city, it's dealing [2d8x10]x10 damage.
>>
>>66749428
Which averages out at about 90 or so damage per shot. Which is a number that a vital strike barb can easily out do.
>>
So one of my players thought it would be funny to Polymorph a high CL weapon into a living creature and to make it permanent, so now I have to figure out what the equivalent power level and class level for it would be now that it's a person.

With all of that in mind, what would be a good Cha-based class to make it that's Paladin-esque without actually being the class itself (Paladin itself is off the table for reasons I can't get into), and what kind of feats do you all suggest I give it? Just basic feats like Toughness and the +X save feats or something more exotic and involved? I've already figured out the ability scores and it's high Str, Cha, and mostly decent everything else.
>>
>>66749663
>class level
NPC class levels. It has only just now started being a creature instead of an object, if it wants real levels it's going to have to retrain into them.
>>
>>66749583
Except damage against a ship is drastically different than damage against a person, that 90 damage is, on the ground, 900 damage. Your typical level 1 dogfight is throwing out 50-60 damage, in fact in Book 6 of Dead Suns you actually fight a level 1 interceptor on foot, and it's presented as a CR 10+ challenge
>>
>>66749704
That's what I did for now as well, but there's no way it's going to be comfortable just being a commoner (even if I did make it a high level commoner, which is the weirdest sentence to say) for very long, so I still have to figure out what it will retrain into.
>>
>>66749755
Yeah, imagine that: Despite having smaller dice and smaller number the damage isn't comparable
>>66749080 it's funny how that works.
>>
>>66738974
Sohei1/Enlightened Paladin X
Literally BTFO both brawler and monk

Exoteric or Iron Ring Magus
Sames as above

Ascetic Oracle
Same as above
>>
>>66749851
I thought Esoteric Magus was garbage?
>>
>>66738974
>why would a punch person ever get an Amulet of Mighty Fist when you can get get Handwraps that can be upgraded like a normal weapon? You can then use that neck slot for something useful like Amulet of Natural Armor? Am I missing something?
handwraps only go on your hands but unchained monk uses kics (flying kick) elbows (elbow smash), etc so you won't benefit the bonus from handwraps on those
>>
>>66749874
>I thought Esoteric Magus was garbage?
It is, and still BTFO monks and brawlers

1 single level in Monk for Flurry and you will be flurrying frostbite like crazy
>>
>>66749846
Archaic weapons also do 5 less damage per swing if their target is wearing "modern" armor.
>>
>>66738974
Because handwraps have only existed for like, 3 months~ now? Also because some GMs might be like this anon right here >>66749877 and arbitrarily limit you to only hands despite the fact that's fucking stupid garbage nonsense and no sane GM should ever punish unarmed fighters like that.
>>
>>66749851
Seconding Ascetic Oracle with 1 level of Unchained Scaleyfist.
>>
>>66749893
Well in Runequest you roll a d% so clearly that makes every single peasant from any game using any Runequest edition superior to any and all things in Pathfinder all the way up to fucking Baba Yaga.
>>
>>66749919
>arbitrarily limit
Lets see
>Handwraps
>Many unarmed fighters wrap their hands in cloth to minimize injuries to their fists. Some martial artists also weave small coins or metal bars into their handwraps, adding special material effects as well. Handwraps don’t alter the damage a character’s unarmed attacks deal. However, masterwork handwraps can be enchanted as weapons, providing their benefits on unarmed attacks the character makes with her hands. A character can’t benefit from both handwraps and other items that provide enhancement bonuses or weapon special abilities (such as an amulet of mighty fists) on the same attack.
>hands
>HANDS
well, unless you're that girl from Aeon Flux with hands in her feet, no, you don't benefit from handwraps on your kicks
>>
Ironically handwraps are better on a no-flurry class because their main benefit is being able to do two-weapon-fighting with one item boosting both weapons without costing extra.
>>
>>66749973
Yes I know what the rules text say. I'm still saying it arbitrarily limits and punishes unarmed fighters for no good mechanical reason and should be ignored, because Monks and Brawlers deserve nice things, like having actual fucking scaling on all their attacks without paying through the nose.
>>
>>66749919
Man, I wish I could use handwraps. I chose the Wrecker curse for my Oracle, so they won't work unless they count as armor, though.

Admittedly, they also mean no Deliquescent Gloves.
>>
>>66750019
Brawler doesn't need to kick, headbutt or anything anon. Handwraps only limit Unchained Monk
>>
>>66749846
>>66749893
So compare the personal scale PF weapons to the personal scale SF weapons you dumbass mongs.
>>
>>66749851
>>66749941
Thirding Ascetic Oracle with a scaled fist dip
>>
>>66750042
The point is there being no point in comparison. Neither is simulationist, both have vastly different math and balancing. Saying that your barbarian with some rusty axe is deadlier than a soldier in power armor wielding a nuclear reactor as a weapon is pointless because they aren't in the same system.
>>
>>66750072
Explain falling damage and object HP being the same then.
>>
>>66750039
Yes but I'm still going to say it's lame bullshit, because the only thing it even does then is impose a fluff limitation, where if I want to remove it, I have to get something that costs twice as much and is capable of only half as much. Because fuck me for wanting to kick things I guess.
>>
>>66750075
And I am as tall as Osama Bin Laden and can grow a beard the same length, doesn't make me a terrorist leader though.
>>
>>66750115
welcome to paizo
2e monk has been buttfucked even more
>>
>>66702855

Purely anecdotal. I never saw the reason to get into Pathfinder when as far as I could tell it was just a 3.5 fork, why bother if I already had the 3.5 books? But now I'm finding 5e to be beyond bland so I'm abandoning the system. Way too many books in PF1e to start working on now, but I liked the PF2e playtest rules so I've pre-ordered all the launch day items.
>>
>>66750134
which is why I say "just fucking ignore it and let it work", because paizo is retarded? People need to realize they're allowed to just slap the RAW into the trash and do things that enable both QoL and fun.
>>
>>66750075
Who cares about falling damage and fantasy has always portrayed object HP as being lower than it really should.
>>
>>66750288
>fantasy has HP lower than it should
>getting shot in the head with a crossbow doesn't instantly KO
Sure anon, lets pretend this argument is worth having.
>>
I miss pre-nerf sacred fist warpriests
>>
>>66750812
just use the old version
>>
Hey, /tg/. I'm relatively new to Pathfinder, but I'm an avid ERP'er, and I wanted to know if there was any place I could find the mix that I am looking for.
>>
>>66753468
Just join the cabal
>>
>>66753513
Okay, gladly. How do I do this?
>>
>>66753533
You post your Discord here and wait for somebody within the Cabal to Friend you.
>>
>>66753566
Idealise#9155
I'm waiting eagerly!
>>
File: Jafar01.gif (1.29 MB, 498x249)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>66747225
>Details, anon.
Sorry, just got off work.
Yeah, I'm making an Fetchling Arcanist. I want him/her to have been a Humanoid at first, but traveled to the shadow plane and came back a creature made of shadows. I'm gonna have a "Crown of Black Flames", just a crown with Eclipsed Continual Flame cast on it(won't wear it all the time, don't wanna screw over my party members too much, but they should respect and value the power of shadow!!!). I'm dipping Umbral Sorcerer to use the arcana and taking every item I can find to jack my spell DCs up and the percentage that Shadow Evocation/Conjuration affect people that disbelieve it(taking Fetchling FCB for this as well).
>>
Is it really worth gimmicking for 100% real on Shadow spells?
>>
>>66754021
By all technicalities anon I believe you can get your Shadow spells up to about 120% real if I remember correctly.
>>
>>66754122
Yes, but is it really worth bothering?
>>
>>66754122
Only a complete retard of a DM would let you get away with that, though.
>>
>>66754398
I'd allow it. The idea of a person taking less damage when they fail to disbelieve your illusion is genuinely fascinating.
>>
File: Bingo.jpg (304 KB, 578x686)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>
>>66755853
Playing Iron Gods.

I don't think we have any of those.
>>
>>66755853
There is literally *nothing wrong* with multiple waifus in a single book.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.