[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Unearthed Arcana: Artificer v2
https://media.wizards.com/2019/dnd/downloads/UA-Artificer2-2019.pdf

>5e Trove
https://thetrove.net/Books/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/D&D%205th%20Edition/

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Stable releases
https://get.5e.tools/

>Resources
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread:
>>66243965

Is there anything worse than playing a Beastmaster with the new Artificer in the group?
>>
Reminder to thank your healer.
>>
>>66248627
Does the new artificer only exist to bother people who like eberron?
>>
>>66248635
You mean our cleric 1/wizard 9 heavy plate utility man?
>>
>>66248647
>Bothering Eberron player
Probably, seeing about how they couldn't just pretend it never existed like Dark Sun.
>>
>>66248604
Yeah, I just think it's kinda dumb to go "can you jump off the pressure plate in time?" yes the dice say I can "too bad you die anyway lol"
>>
>>66248647
Why does it bother you?
>>
>>66248671
Yeah, just find a new DM
Least he didn't just say 'roll a new character' whenever you did something he didn't like.
>>
>>66248635
>tfw healing and buffing at every chance I get
Cleric is fun as fuck, goddamn
>>
what's the best way to play as a strongwizard
>>
>>66248711
I always thought it was Tavern Brawler Transmutation Wizard, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>66248711
Barbarian who swallowed a wand of fireballs that sometimes activates when he yells loud enough.
>>
File: e4c.gif (2 MB, 333x183)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>66248706
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>66248737
>Gif related
The balls on that man
>>
>>66248711
Valor bard if you want to just throw people around the room while being somewhat magical.
Actually making a strength wizard is pretty difficult. Eldritch knight 7/war wizard x does well.
>>
>>66248737
that guy could have been killed in question of seconds by that lioness
>>
>>66248737
>Bard rolls animal handling on the wildshaped druid
>Then seduction
>>
How does one unfuck True Strike? I have a player insisting on using it, and I wanna throw him a bone.
>>
File: s144923.gif (3.66 MB, 450x253)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB GIF
>>66248748
>>66248763
Cats are real suckers for affection, anons.
>>
>>66248790
Expand the crit range for the target he uses it on to 19-20? Small bonus but he's basically making a crit fishing build then.
>>
>>66248790
make it a bonus action or make it so the next attack from anyone has advantage, might be kinda busted with either change though. Limit it to weapon attacks if you make it a bonus action to avoid spell cheesing.
>>
>>66248790
Don't make it Concentration
>>
>>66248790
Hard to say, but dropping the concentration requirement off the bat is a good idea.
Having it touch range is one option (i.e. so he can buff people), and lasting 1 minute or until used like guidance can work too (I know guidance has concentration requirement, but that should be dropped too in all honesty).

I wouldn't move it to bonus action though, that'd get all kinds of bullshit. If he's an EK, I'd consider removing the whole 'next round' portion of the text and just having it as 'next attack roll' so he can use it with War Magic.
>>
>>66248790
Bonus action and it doesn't have to be next turn
>>
>>66248794
Wouldn't know, not great with cats
Kinda a dog person.
>>
File: file.png (150 KB, 887x361)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>66248627
I have some autism for the thread.
I'm working on some homebrew with an Orc Race Variant that has a modified Savage Attacks that grant exploding dice on crits rather than one guaranteed extra.
To supplement this, and to go with the Samurai-themed Orcs in my setting, I've added a Katana weapon, a 1d8 slashing weapon with the Versatile (2d4) property.
Then I ran several different optimal weapons through AnyDice for both Half-Orcs and Orcs, with and without GWF.
Here's the link: https://anydice.com/program/15060

Interesting to note that despite being less swingy, the average damage is still lower than the typical GWF Greataxe Half-Orc on a crit.
>>
>>66248840
>autism
but I like what I'm seeing
>>
>>66248840
>Katanas should have different stats from longsword
Instead of doing what you're doing, just don't do any of that.
>>
>>66248790
>On your next turn, you gain advantage on your first attack roll against the target, provided that this spell hasn't ended.
This becomes
>The next attack roll against the target has advantage.

Then it's worth using instead of the help action.
>>
>>66248627
i heard mearls got fired
>>
>>66248647
No, its to piss off the gunfags. Seriously, fuck the thunder cannon cunts, true artificers thrive in the party support role, and now we can do something in combat along with wizards and paladins
>>
>>66248865
>[citation needed]
>>
>>66248864
>>66248817
>>66248790
Combine these? Next attack on the target has advantage and expanded crit table.
>>
>>66248865
Not yet, but he's been on probation since Feb
>>
File: orc samurai.jpg (135 KB, 600x948)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>66248859
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.
>>
What class best suits a hobgoblin?
>>
>>66248897
Based on the stats and writeup in Volo's?
Eldritch Knight.
>>
>>66248865
There was something with the one guy that spiraled into social media silliness, since which Mearls hasn't really been active on official channels. The later announcement that Wizards was bringing on a couple of new guys (including at least one Paizo dev) has led some people to think Mearls got canned, and the new guys are his replacements. That said, it's all just speculation.
>>
>>66248895
We all know the pasta, anon, you could've at least put a little work into it.
>>
>>66248897
The new Artificer. Wizard. Eldritch Knight. As much as I love them they actually aren't too good of a race.
>>
Ways for a changeling to fuck with the party? I need ideas.
>>
>>66248627
>Thread question
Is Battle Smith actually too good?
>>
>>66248929
They imitate a rich and powerful figure and then promise a huge reward for a difficult task.
>>
>>66248647
Nah, it's for people who like using intelligence for attack rolls.
>>
>>66248929
Turning into people they trust. Turning into them and getting seen while committing a crime. Constantly spying on them and giving info to the BBEG while leaving calling cards so they know they are being spied on, but never taking the same form twice.
>>
>>66248943
As in OP or overtuned? Nah prolly not
Better than some classes I.E. ranger? Fuck yeah
>>
>>66248836
Big cats are unironically more affectionate than domestic cats
>>
>>66248903
>Paizo
Great. That's what we need. More virtue signalling in place of good content.
Sorry for not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>66248943
Only if the DM is too much if a wuss to target the pet.
>>
>>66248961
Maybe they left Paizo because they didn't like that sort of thing, anon.
>>
>>66248973
Sure, not because Paizo is slowly dying thanks to their completely botched 2e and the writers are looking for a new place to stay.
>>
File: 1555399953836.jpg (87 KB, 564x820)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>66248737
Thank YOU for the nice gif, anon
>>
File: file.png (45 KB, 539x448)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>66248859
Forgot to mention, Katanas have the Finesse property, thus filling the 1d8 slashing finesse weapon hole in the PHB weapons. The 2d4 is to avoid stepping on the longsword's toes while fitting mechanically and thematically with my setting's Orcs.
Same thing with any other weapons or feats I homebrew, the point it to allow things missing in the PHB without breaking the game or being a soulless copy with an extra property.
Naginatas allow for kensei monks with reach and proper martial weapon damage, and don't have the heavy property to allow small creatures a reach weapon with decent damage. 1d8 so it's not a straight upgrade over the Glaive, and it doesn't work with PAM. Opens new options without breaking the game.
>>
>>66248929

turn into a member of your party
stab a guard/fuck a prince/steal from a noble/take a steaming shit on a religious relic
get away

its not rocket surgery
>>
>>66248840
Please stop.
>>
>>66248664
yes. thank him.
>>
>>66249071
no
>>
Trying to make a weird one-shot.
What 5e races would correspond to some of the iconic races of Star Trek? So far I've got:
>Human = Human
>Hobgoblin = Klingon
>Drow = Romulan
>High Elf = Vulcan
>Changeling = Changeling
>>
>>66248959
I can believe that
>>
>>66249101
Hobgoblin should be Cardassian
>>
>>66249114
That's fair, but then what are the Klingons? Orcs?
>>
>>66249101
Shouldn't the Klingons be orcs? And Ferengi are goblins. Guess the borg are various types of undead.
>>
>>66249125
I'd use the half-orc rules only because orcs in 5e are worse than not having race benefits at all, but yeah, orcs.
>>
>>66249139
I blame Wotc with their racemixing propaganda
>>
>>66248919
The hand is watching your treason, citizen.

>>66248897
Int casters on the front line. Abjurers, diviners, evokers. Throw in some eldritch knight for Gish melee and expanding spell slots and selection.
>>
>>66249148
Green Ronin are responsible for orcs being shit though
>>
>>66248897
they make pretty sweet Wizards, assuming you're playing with feats, since you can toss Moderately Armored and Resilient: CON onto them in really nice ways with point buy. Saving Face can go a long way towards maintaining concentration
>>
>>66249139
What's wrong with Orcs?
>>
>>66249101
>Q = Wizard
>>
>>66249156
how are green ronin responsible? I know they wrote some of the early modules for 5e but did they have an impact on volos?
>>
Couple questions about the healer feat

For the first part it says you can stabilize a creature and give it 1 HP. Do i still have to roll the medicine check? Does it use up a charge of the kit?

For the second portion of the feat, can I heal and wake up a creature making death saves? If so what's the point of the first bullet?
>>
>>66249174
-2 int for fucking AGGRESSIVE and STRONG BUILD
>>
>>66249174
-2 Int, no Relentless Endurance, no Savage Attacks, they just get a shitty bonus action dash and Large creature carrying capacity.
>>
>>66249174
Races are worth about 3 feats, give or take (take more often than not)
Orcs are worth 1 and that's being generous.
>>
>>66249148
I still hate that both half-elves and half-orcs are optimally better at stuff than their parent race.
Am I the only one using the half-elf variants from SCAG by default, just to rein the mutt fuckers in a bit?
>>
>>66249178
Oh wait, you are right Anon, they aren't
I just kind of assumed because it was on the same level as the fuckawful SCAG archetypes
>>
>sorlock can only use sorcerer spells for sorcery points
Am I going too far here? My player's been melting my campaign for a while now and he agreed to it as a nerf. Does it hurt him too much?
>>
>>66249217
human superiority baby
>>
>>66249194
>>66249197
>>66249200
But that bonus charge is really fucking good. Plus the orc fury racial feat.
>>
>>66249183
You don't roll to stabilise with a kit. You expend one use.
Second part, yes, it has a per rest limitation.
>>
File: 1556303176005.png (35 KB, 502x296)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>66249183
>>
>>66249228
>Bonus charge
Goblins have a better version of it though.
Fucking GOBLINS.
>Racial fury feat
Which Half-orcs have access to, so it's a moot point.
By the way, Half-Orcs are worth 3 feats, maybe even slightly over.
>>
>>66249228
Which is overall less useful since the orc charge needs to be toward an enemy.
>>
>>66249233
>>66249237
Cheers friends
>>
>>66249174
Trades +1 Con for -2 Int. Straight up bad, and your party will paint you into the "durr me smash, is book food" role. Not even Grog spent the whole campaign like that. I had a That Guy at my table who will narrate OVER THE DM when my Barbarian failed a skill check, just to emphasize how I went DURR. I'm glad he got disintegrated and ripped up his own sheet.
Trades >implying that killed me for Aggressive. This would be an upgrade except most classes can find better things to do with a BA than 30ft movement.
Trades Brutal Critical for Powerful Build, which is a wash.
Overall Orc < Half Orc
>>
>>66249217
Lock one of the skill proficiencies to keen senses, lock the other into a tool proficiency.
>>
An autistic question - how would a half dragon/half elf kid look like? Would it be immediately visible that their elven mommy was fucked by a dragon or can they pass for an elf without much problem? I need to set up a character twist in my campaign and that sort of genetic shit is driving me crazy.
>>
>>66249228
You mean the feat they can't take, because it's only Half-Orcs? The one that even if they could take, would only grant them a feature the Half-Orcs get every time they criticize once per rest? The one that they can't even use half of BECAUSE THEY DONT FUCKING HAVE RELENTLESS ENDURANCE?
>>
>>66249226
Is he full on coffeelocking?
>>
>>66249174
they're designed specifically so players won't want to play them.
>>
>>66249225
I never read scag, whats so bad about it, other than being by GR
>>
>>66249272
it's magic nigga, do what you want.
>>
>>66249279
then why even have them as player choices? why not use those pages for more MM statblocks?
>>
>>66249291
PDK
>>
>>66249291
Introduced what are consistently the weakest archetypes in the game, while also adding the two strongest cantrips for any gish player nudging them into "mildly bullshit" territory (Pure martials tend to be better on damage, pure casters tend to be better on utility, as it should be, but Gish now get to be a little too efficiency for what they are)
>>
>>66249291
The plight of new material is that if you don't make it at least on parity to existing stuff, no one will want to play it. So outside of some spells, that's the lion's share of the mechanical material provided within.
>>
>>66248790
Give a +5 or +10 to hit instead of advantage and/or make it a bonus action.
>>
Anyone have that Metal Sorcerer homebrew thing? I got a character concept in mind for it.
>>
>>66249305
>>66249303
interesting, thanks for the info
>>66249298
again, never read it, idk what that means
>>
>>66249293
Because players kept bugging WotC to allow them to play as monster races. WotC finally gave them monster races in Volo, but made them so godawful that nobody in their right mind would ever play them. They are kinda passive - agressive like that.
>>
>>66249263
>narrating over the DM
I had a table where one guy would reiterate everything the DM said to him while the other one was talking over him. Its so terrible.
>>
>>66249291
We didn't need more FR content when there are still entire worlds needing a 5e coat of paint
We especially didn't need MORE sword coast FR content
>>
>>66249276
No, just sorlocking. I just want to rein him in and tone the quickened blasts down a notch.
>>
>>66249293
not putting them there would get them more shit than them just being bad, because DMs can fix that shit easily enough.
>>66249291
the cantrips and the rogue subclasses are the only things worth a damn in scag. PDK, Oath of the Crown, and Bladesinger are some real dog ass trash especially.
>>
>>66249324
>Passive aggressive to the player base
I noticed.
its the reason I homebrew these days - complete loss of faith in WotC to do right by the game
>>
>>66249217
Run a eugenics campaign, where your orc tribe attempts to find a colony of humans to mate with and increase their tribe's strength.
>>
File: yuanti bane.jpg (106 KB, 800x1092)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>66249324
>yfw WotC looked at orc and then at something like yuan-ti and thought "yeah this is a pretty equal power budget"
>>
Can Bugbears' Long-Limb ability work on non-attack actions?
>>
>>66249339
tfw no burly orc girl to bully you into breeding with her
>>
>>66249358
RAW: no.
If I were DM: hell yeah you lanky fuck.
>>
>>66249358
I say yes as it's literally them having Oran-utang limbs.
>>
>>66249332
How does he prevent himself from dying? I get that a Sorlock should be dealing a lot of damage, but has he fought creatures that threaten him? Let's say, tunnels or cave systems with multiple skirmisher/ambush types and lityered with cover?
>>
>>66249217
there are some ways in which elves are better than helves
>>
>>66249326
I don't mind FR content. I just need WotC to finally tell me how the 5e lore works and what is supposedly canon. MToF doesn't work with Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms and Eberron, SCAG contradicts PHB, and so on. At this point we have this huge mess of lore from every setting dumped into one pile and they pretty much tell us: "figure it out yourself".
>>
>>66249332
There are ways you can do that without affecting the mechanics of his play. Two of my favorites:
>Get an enemy or three in melee range and all those blasts have disadvantage. Animate Objects off a hostile but protected spellcaster does nicely. Having enemies ambush from behind also does wonders.
>Dominate Person. Spirit Nagas get this and it's the best way to punish a minmaxer. Burn through all his resources while you've got him Dominated. How does Con save proficiency feel now that you're blasting your own frontline for 4d10+20, dipshit?
>>
>>66249382
>"figure it out yourself"
sounds about right
>>
Should monks get shield-like ability using Ki. Like +3AC reaction for a ki
>>
>>66249412
why?
I gave monk d10 hit die for my table
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 230x219)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Horror story about how I fucked up the game I was GMing. Also fucked up my circle of friends.

> GMing game to friends. Party of 4.
> Normal game, not to serious, kind of fun.
> Players spend the night in the best tavern in the city, known for having the most beautiful singer in the realm.
> Human Assassin Rogue and Elf Valor Bard both want to fuck the singer.
> Discussion begins.
> Rogue tells elf can't fuck the singer because he's an elf and he has a small dick.
> Player say he does not. Both put their dicks out to compare.
> "Er... Er.... Ah... Okay... Roll to determine dick size..."
> Elf wins. In the end no one ends up fucking the singer (they just showed their dicks on public), but elf starts teasing rogue about how he has a small dick.
> Later that game, fight happens. Rogue goes down. Elf immediately begins to make jokes about how he is weak because he has a small dick.
> Find magic cape. Elf tells rogue he can't have it because his dick is small. Rogue is starting to get angry.
> Party sets camp. Rogue takes first watch.
> "Okay, is everyone sleeping?"
> "Yup."
> "I grab my dagger, go towards Elf, and cut his dick off."
> Silence. I don't know what fucking do. Players think it's a joke, but Rogue is serious... Er... Roll attack I guess?
> "Assassinate gives me advantage! Let me roll... Okay, 15 and 19". Elf AC is normally 20, but he does not sleep with armor and shield... It hits... And it has sneak attack damage... And it's a crit... Elf drops to 0.
> "O.... O... Okay, you cut his dick off... I guess... The pain is so high that Elf faints"
> Elf player gets up, starts discussing with rogue. Tells me that Elf is going to comit suicide if the wakes up. Tells me that he is going to roll a character just to come and kill rogue.
> At this point players are close to trading blos in rl. I call the game off.
> They do not wish to play with eachother anymore.

tl;dr Elf has a bigger dick than rogue, rogue gets mad and cuts elf's dick.
>>
>>66249370
>>66249388
I've been running lightweight modules.
>>
Tell me about Shadow Sorcerer /tg/
>>
>>66249335
Bladesinger is god among men, you filthy peasant boy.
>>
>>66249426
Well, start adjusting them to challenge him.
>but the rest of my players aren't minmaxing
So adjust them to challenge HIM. The 10 str Barbarian who thought he had a neat character idea won't care if you start giving enemy casters Counterspells to beat your sorlock's EB spam.
>>
Even without the warforged coffeelock who goes without short rests, a warlock 2/sorcerer 3 with enough free time can take a long rest and then a few short rests to charge up their sorcerer spell slots, right?

That seems stupid. Why does it seem that the strongest of sorcerer/warlock builds, in some way, abuse the badly-written short rest mechanics?
>>
>>66249419
>Roll to determine dick size..."
Yeah, you fucked up as soon as you let them engage in this shit.
>>
>>66249435
It has 120ft of darkvision and a dog which is neat.
>>
>>66249436
it's alright. for some reason it inspires a lot of vitriol. I think it's the only subclass I've seen demonized both for being too weak and for being too strong
>>
>>66249441
Because it was created by theorycraft retards that never play. If you try to pull shit like that with any serious GM you will just recieve the nerfhammer, or better yet, a well deserved fuck off.
>>
>>66249426
In that case, if it does bother you to ramp up the difficulty AND the Sorlock is okay with it, sure try nerfing him a bit.
>>
>>66249464

But that does mean that the warlock/sorcerer builds get to make a mockery of the awful, awful short rest rules by RAW, no?

This only goes to show how bad those rules are, never mind the part where one-hour short rests are so niche and inconvenient during actual adventures.

I have a sorcerer 2/warlock 3 in my game right now. I have already DMed the first session. I know how the warforged coffeelock build works, but it slipped my mind that even without a warforged coffeelock, a sorclock can still abuse the short rest mechanics.

It just so happens that this is an adventure format wherein the party can reliably have several hours to prepare at the start of each day.

My hotfix has been to declare that Pact Magic slots simply cannot be used for sorcerer class features at all, but I have to wonder if there is a better solution I am missing.
>>
>>66249494
> Allowing meme builds.
That's your problem right here. Do not allow stupid shit. Keep multiclass to a minimum.
>>
Can I get some RP advice?
TLDR: I've only ever played happy go lucky characters, so how do I RP a soldier who has seen shit without being a brooding edgelord

My entire DnD career I've played cheery Bards and crazy wizards, but now one of my buddies wants to play a campaign in Ravnica set in the aftermath of Bola's destruction
I took this opportunity to play something out of my comfort zone, an Izzet Artificer who fought at ground zero and witnessed death and horrors aplenty.
He has gone from being a zany inventor guy to a more somber grounded individual, and I've set a character flaw where he will not leave a person behind. He has a sort of PTSD over people dying on him and will do whatever it takes to stabilize someone.
Whenever I visualize myself playing the character I am really worried of over doing the whole somber, moody, brooding personality and I really dont want to be a damn edgelord.
Anyone have any advice playing a character like this?
>>
File: IMG-20190514-WA0022.jpg (80 KB, 899x1599)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>66249419
You need a back bone dude. Not reeling them in when they wanted to compare dicks sizes was optional, maybe I would have let it slide for keks. But when we started targeting the elf I would have put my foot down saying that I won't dm infighting over something childish.
>>
>>66249503

Is a Crossbow Expert/Sharpshooter fighter really less egregious as a turret?
>>
File: seppukuS.jpg (38 KB, 300x330)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>66249516
I was too complacent, too late in my response. because of me an innocent elf has lost its dick. I have brought grea SHAME to my house!!!
>>
File: 1418041908553.jpg (117 KB, 795x1041)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>66249510
Presentation is more important than canned lines. Anything along the lines of "I've seen some shit in the war..." is tropey. Just try and put yourself in the shoes of a doggedly loyal war veterans then react to the situation at hand, instead of trying to force the character through. Give it time to develop, as often times characters need several sessions to really shine through. Developing why they may have fought in the war can help give a solid idea too. We're they protecting a family member? An ideal? Their country? Etc. Most importantly try not to be anxious.
>>
>>66249541
It's less stupid. Classes are, to a certain extent, like choices. These memebuild multiclass level dips normally fuck over all that.

Beyond that, 5e was developed with subclasses in mind. Each class normally already hae a subclass that "fills the role" of another.

And, finally, this multiclass shit is only the begining. After some tme, you will start seeing the Hexblade 1/Some other Shit X garbage fest.
>>
>>66249549
Solid advice
Thanks, I'll try and keep all that in mind throughout the coming sessions, and Ill try to erase all cliches from my vocabulary
Im sure the nerves will go in time, like I said this is my first time venturing from my comfort zone, so I'm prettt self conscious on it
>>
>>66249039
>Katanas have the Finesse property
Holy shit, stop.
>>
>>66249566

The player, in this case, wants to be a "pure caster" warlock with medium armor and a shield. There is already a cleric in the party, with heavy armor and a shield, and there is also a fighter/wizard with heavy armor and a shield.

There has to be an actually good pure caster warlock build that is not just a sorclock.
>>
Player in my game just picked up the spell Dream. The targeting of the spell is vague. "Choose a creature on the same plane of existence known to you." RAW that sure sounds like a player could pick anyone they've heard of. I was thinking of making it at least Death Note level where the caster had to have a name and face in mind when casting. Maybe a piece of hair or something that belonged to the person. I don't want to nerf the spell but think it needs something to better define the targeting limitations. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>66248627
Playing a wot4e monk, period
>>
File: 52215844.jpg (152 KB, 1440x1414)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>mfw Socercers aren't CON casters
>>
>>66249412
No, that's what their bonus action Dodge is for.
>>
>>66249607
What the hell is wrong with pure warlock?
Literally, go hexblade or any other warlock, taking VHuman and chosing medium armored as your feat.
Why the need to multiclass?
>>
>>66249646
> CON caster.
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>66249419
>tl;dr Elf has a bigger dick than rogue, rogue gets mad and cuts elf's dick
No, the TL;DR is that one player turned a joke into repeated targeted harassment and then got pissy when there was retaliation. The Elf was fucking with him in game, and then was fucked with back in game, at this point it's awkward but it's all on the table. The rest is just entitlement and pissbaby anger. "Waaaaaah I wanted to just get my way and get all gear and win every single time while also harassing him with no repercussions! How could he take that form me????"
>>
>>66249655
V human is not a standard race and some dms don't allow it. Lock falls off hard after 11. MA is worse than full casters spell slots in every way and all but 2 or 3 mid to high level invocations suck.
>>
>>66249670
Well, according to OP the rogue started it by saying the elf had a small dick...
>>
>>66249682
Locks fall of hard after 11?
Man, if you want your players to powergame just tell him to go Hexblade 2/Paladin X or some shit like that.
>>
>>66249655

I really cannot see how the one-hour short rest mechanic is supposed to be reconcilable with a straight-classed warlock.
>>
>>66249039
Take it from someone who has one, they're not finesse weapons by any stretch. Fill that void with a sabre or something - much nicer weighted design overall.
Katanas are products of their limitations, they're the best Japan could do with the fuckawful iron they had.
>>
>>66249709
You should look at the gritty realism rules then. The game is not made for 1 long rest per battle, or no short rest per day. It doesn't have to be 1 hour or 8 hours for a long rest. You can set the right time. The only important thing is that you balance the amount of rest with the amount of shit the party takes.
>>
>>66249670
The Rogue started a stupid thing by saying his make-pretend dick was bigger, the Elf player laughed at the Rogue player after the dice said otherwise, and the Rogue player decided to engage in PvP which is usually the hallmark of the worst kind of player (like come on, how many times have you heard about That Guy rolling up a Rogue and slitting his party in the middle of the night?) even if he hadn't been the one to get assmad about his make-pretend babydick.
>>
>>66249688
No, "it" wasn't started until one player took it too far. Players and friends rib each other, it's natural, but most people know when it's not funny anymore. Hours into the game and the same stupid joke is being made? Every time anything comes up, it's back to that same thing? It's effecting more and more of the game every time, including looting and other mechanics? The Elf player basically was having too much fun at someones expense and then got shut down.
>>
>>66249670
tl;dr
>>
>>66249746
The dick size has nothing to do with it you retard.
>>
>>66249708
Wtf does power gaming have to do with it? Unoptimized wizards, druids, and sorcs scale better that optimized locks. It's a fact of life. That's a problem in late game balancing wotc needs to fix in the next book.
>>
>>66249745

6 to 8 encounters each adventuring workday is simply insane. Even the official adventures do not do that.
>>
>>66249741
Don't know about altering the timeline, but your dick drawing rules are 10/10. That's RAW for me.
>>
File: saiki-gas-explosion.jpg (204 KB, 907x1372)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>66249419
See what I would do is give them a scrap of paper and ask them to privately at the same time, draw their character's groin area. I would offer everyone at the table the opportunity to participate and who ever participates can reveal their genitalia whenever they so choose and then prompt the two churlish troublemakers to show the table and the game world what they had drawn. If one is smaller than the other so be it, but if one player draws a freakishly schlong then that can be a topic of discussion and pity as well. Make sure that your players give a sense of scale to their penises and try to have fun with it. They may add or omit as much detail as they want. Either way everyone should feel comfortable with their proportions. If a player is unable to illustrate their PC's anatomy, that will translate into the game world as an being too shy to do it. However no one will be able to draw anything after someone reveals themselves. If I were you and if I were able to get my players to resolve things, I would do a darkest timeline situation where everything that happened was because of one tiny change in the game universe. In this case... you should have the main bouncer guy be stuck at home taking care of his poor dear mother because she slipped on a pickle. And who dropped that pickle? A perfectly normal person, but if you look at their sandwich, you'll see that there is a dangerous number of pickles on it which is because the guy working the sandwich cart that day was super high. So you interrupt the sandwich maker's clambake and then he puts an appropriate number of pickles for the perfectly normal guy and he never drops anything on the street and the poor dear mother never slips and falls and the main bouncer guy kicks the churlish bard and rogue out for playing with their dicks. How's that sound, sempai?
>>
>>66249510
Season 1 Uncle Iroh.

You can't tell kids shit. So you let them make their own mistakes. With a subtle I told you so afterwards, but uou'll be damned if you let them face the consequences alone because they are your unit, your team, your squad, and they are your responsibility to bring them home.
>>
>>66249771
>6 to 8 encounters each adventuring workday is simply insane.
It's not insane if you don't ascribe 1 session = 1 workday.
>>
this is for >>66249774 this >>66249775
Don't know why the original post was deleted.
>>
>>66249774
>>66249774
>(You) on a deleted post
I'm fucking up the timeline anons.
>>
>>66249670
>repeated targeted harassment
>Let's roll dice to compare the size of our imaginary penises
It takes 2 to tango, anon.
>>
>>66249778
Oh fuck didn't even think of that man
Good call
>>
File: 1534862145039.png (81 KB, 500x500)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>66249544
>innocent elf

ye lost meh
>>
>>66249771
An adventuring workday can be 24 hours, 6 days, 1 week, 10 days, 1 year. Just as long as you wear your players in the appropriate way and don't make long rests too easy. If long rests are very easy players will tend not to short rest.

Remember that the 6 to 8 encounter rule is not only for battle encounters. Anything that waste resources count.
>>
>>66249796
the original post was deleted because you deleted it. the image you originally posted was too small, its why they have the same file name
>>
>>66249419
Plot twist, the singer had the biggest dick.
>>
>>66248875
Who gives a fuck about thunder cannons if I can have a self-loading heavy crossbow and use INT to attack with it?
>>
>Innocent pockets
YEAH PICK 'EM!
>Innocent orphans
YEAH CORRUPT 'EM!
>Innocent important NPCs
YEAH KILL 'EM!
>Innocent dicks
YEAH SLICE 'EM!

Why are Rogues so evil, /5eg/?
>>
>>66249798
>It takes 2 to tango, anon.
Wow almost like I said this already huh. Like the elf was fucking with the rouge and then got pissy when he was fucked with back.
>>
>>66249852
Assassins, Thieves, Criminal masterminds, inquisitors, just disreputable class in general.
>>
>My players decide to start a crime syndicate
>they then get really fucking creative with the shit they do
>This is because this is also technically a continuation of a a series of campaigns and they are all high levels as a result
like for example the Wizard used True Polymorph to turn the Cities existing mayor into a Cow so the Bard could manipulate his way into becoming the new mayor, then they sold the Cowmayor to a Farmer who had no Idea who it really was
>>
>>66249419
Retcon it by stating that Hanali Calanil intervened and healed the Elf's manly dick. Elves need babies after all. Also, somehow the Rogue's dick can no longer get an erection. You don't fuck with Lady Goldheart. Or come up with some other creative punishment for a rogue that takes a piss contest too far.
Seriously, why did you get involved in this spat in the first place?
>>
>>66249746
>the one to get assmad about his make-pretend babydick
But the Elf was so assmad about his make-pretend dick that he was going to roll and entire character for the sole purpose of killing off the rogue.
>>
>>66249852
Because they offer suffer from a terrible case of Dyslexia Chaos.
>>
>>66249766
The dicksize has EVERYTHING to do with it, you UBERRETARD!
>>
>>66249709
>>66247737
is this one of those project touhou waifus?
>>
>>66249874
DESU, having your dick cut off at the night is a pretty traumatizing experience. I would allow him to return as a dickless revenant, to exact revenge on the rogue's dick.
>>
>>66249879
No. The issue here is a player turning a gag into an excuse to take more and more than his fair share and acted innocent when the person he was taking from said no.
Tell me this, would your opinion be different if the rolls had gone the other way? The results don't fucking matter here, the behavior does. If the rogue had the big dick and the Elf had been so bitter about that it continued to repeatedly effect gameplay and was a source of strife and harassment, my answer would be the same.
>>
>>66249853
You're putting all the blame on the elf, anon. They're equally to blame for the bullying by rolling for dick size, but no amount of ingame bullying excuses pvp like that.
>>
>This thread is nothing but pages of people arguing over the morality of lopping off elf dick
Never change /tg/
>>
>>66249899
Dying is traumatic. Not everyone is a Revenant.
>>
>>66249767
That's because you don't enforce resting rules correctly. Don't blame the game for your shit.
>>
>>66249907
So taking two only applies when it would make you right huh. Yes I'm putting all the blame on the Elf, he was the one who turned a joke into an issue. He escalated the conflict. He refused to move on, and pushed and pushed until he got pushed back.
>>
>>66249909
>Waaah stop talking about mechanics and talk about things that happened in your games
>No not that thing
>>
File: darkest-timeline.gif (390 KB, 220x123)
390 KB
390 KB GIF
>>66249824
lol you think that's me
but yeah I posted a thumbnail
you've been brought into this fucked up timeline with us anon
hope you're ready for that for that rest of your life
don't worry this isn't the darkest timeline
just the most absurd
>>
>>66249911
Would you allow a Dickless Horseman then?
>>
>>66249927
>Yes I'm putting all the blame on the Elf, he was the one who turned a joke into an issue.
They both made it an issue when the rolled the dice, but it never became an issue worthy of pvp.
>>
>>66249928
>Implying I'm complaining
Not everyone here is bereft of a sense of humour anon.
>>
>>66249941
When the players rolled dice they were both voluntarily taking part in a silly fun joke. After that the Elf pushed it, the Elf forced it to be an issue for the rogue until it became an issue for the Elf.
>>
>>66249939
Women aren't allowed to ride horses in my setting.
>>
File: PF.jpg (70 KB, 900x900)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>66249909
could this be the newfaggiest thing ever said?
if you are an oldfag then you might be slipping into your boomer years
time to pass the torch
>>
>>66249904
I bet my dick is bigger than yours.
>>
>>66249419
Are you 12?
>>
>>66249953
easy there Mohammad
>>
>>66249419
Wha about the rest of the party? Hadn't they done anything to stop the dick chopping, before it happened?
>>
>>66249419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfhK74IG8E
>>
>>66249419
>rogue basically isn't allowed to play his character because the Elf makes everything about this one thing no matter what
>can't even settle for having fun in combat no that he can't have fun in roleplaying because Elf is using it as an excuse to take gear from him
I have no sympathy for the Elf. He should be kicked and tell the Rogue that he can come back.
>>
>>66248116
This homebrew has some alright monster hunteresque crafting rules, my only real issue with it is the Bone Armor/Weapons are way too much of a downgrade. I'd personally make it -1 AC but +1 Dex mod

This is from the Wilderness Survival Guide.
>>
>>66249977
They were laughing their asses off.
>>
>>66249952
If you roll low Dex for your PC then their low Dex is going to come up until you make a new character.
If you roll low int for your PC then their low int is going to come up until you make a new character.
If you roll low on penis size for your PC then you're just going to have to accept that that's a thing that will come up until you make a new character.
>>
>>66249419
>HAR HAR, SMOL DIKKE FUNNY
>OH NO, NOT FUNNY WEN HAPEN 2 ME!!!!
Fuck that Elf.
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 16, 14, 11, 5 = 59 (6d20)

Let's see how well my Aasimar Hexasorcadin is going to work out...
That's right, bitches. Got the build all planned out from 1-20.
>>
>>66248647
I think it might be to shit on Beastmaster Rangers, by making a more useful per based class.
>>
>>66249927
Holy fuck, the other player literally choped his dick out. You're one of those bastarts that say school kids are at fault for school shootings because the bastards that did it suffered bullying?
>>
>>66249996
>rolling for stats
Absolute bottom tier shit taste aside, dick size isn't something that should be expected to effect loot tables.
>>
>>66250017
Pet based, that is.
>>
>>66249952
I bet you rolled a small dick, rogue boy.
>>
>>66250007
>teasing a character is just as bad a disfigurement and mutilation
>>
>>66250014
Have you rolled for dick size? That's very important these days.
>>
>>66250020
What I'm hearing from you is that roleplay shouldn't effect mechanical conflict. You say this while defending the Elf stealing loot over roleplay. Again, the Elf escalated it. He's the one who pushed it here. He played dirty and then cried when he found himself in the mud.
>>
>>66249957
I just took a picture of my pubes
should I make the /soc/ thread?
>>
>>66250024
Any of the other characters in through group couldve argued in favor of the rogue getting the cloak. It's not like anon said the cloak had a rogue level requirement to wear anyway.
>>
>>66250024
I dont think it was really affecting. By OPs post, he was probably just getting on his friend's nerves with the small dick jokes.
>>
>>66248875
Im happy with the new artificer as a gunfag, two musket balls per turn plus arcane weapon 2d12+10 + 1d6 per round is more than enough. I have similar damage output to a GWM barbarian but with better accuracy plus I have non-concentration spells
>>
>>66250031
Teasing is clearly fine you disingenuous revisionist retard. The Elf didn't just tease, and teasing stops being fun a few hours in on the same joke.
>>
File: 1557890067975.jpg (1.28 MB, 1276x1920)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Choose your character anons
>>
>>66249861
i can not decide whether that fate is evil or not
though, its always interesting when the party solves their problems using methods other than murder, especially when they do it with spells such as that which are normally forgotten about in 90 percent of scenarios
>>
>>66249959
We used to compare dick sizes in the core, son. Only small children are afraid of the true bond between man that is comparing dick sizes and belittling the small dicked ones.
>>
>>66249986
He cut his dick off, bro. At night. It was not even a honorable dick beheading.
>>
>>66250057
At any point the rogue player could ask the elf player and or the DM to step aside and talk to them about how he thought they were taking the teasing too far, but there's absolutely NO excuse for dismembering other players at your table
>>
>>66250075
The player wasn't dismembered you shithead, the character was. If there's never any excuse for character conflict then the Elf crossed that line first by taking his shit.
>>
>>66250057
PVP is way worse. Especially dick chopping. Disgusting. Rogue wanted to have a big dick and got all mad when the elf had the magnum dingus.
>>
>>66250090
Words do not beget physical attack, anon what don't you get about that?
>>
>>66250060
I would that Mazzy
Also that Valygar confuses my dick
>>
>>66250065
>small children
>afraid of hanging dong
anon you should really go outside more
>>
>>66250092
If the dick size was actually the issue here than the Elf would've lost his dick that night in the inn. He didn't. It wasn't after long, repeated, targeted harassment that amounted to mechanical losses that the Rogue did something about it. For the last fucking time the size has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's the behavior.
>>
>>66250060
>BG:EE companions
Ugh.
Also, give me a reality in which Viconia is not the best companion ever.
>>
>>66250097
Oh man if only you weren't a revisionist shithead and it was only just words.
>>
>>66250031
Bogarting the loot isn't teasing anon.
>>
>>66250060
... was this drawn by the Dungeon Meshi chick?
>>
>>66250060
Why does this remind me of Dungeon Meshi?

>>66250057
Teasing stops being fun when the players are no longer enjoying it.
>>
>>66250060
The idea of this guy being Imoen's slightly older brother tickles me for some reason.
>>
File: 1557891659334.jpg (973 KB, 1280x1905)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
>>66250133
Yes.
>>
>>66250116
>Player goes down
>Made fun of with words
>Obviously raised so no harm no foul
>Get some loot
>Made fun of with words
>No idea who actually ended up with the cloak, could've been the elf, the rogue, or neither
>Rogue physically assaults and disfigures the elf
>"This is fine"
I think you might have irl brain damage
>>
>>66250140
>Why does this remind me of Dungeon Meshi?
I think it's the eyes.
>>
>>66250149
Xsar all the way. He is a gentle lover and a poet.
>>
>>66250140
>Teasing stops being fun when the players are no longer enjoying it.
That's literally what I said but go off I guess.

>>66250153
Literally what the fuck are you even saying.
>>
>>66250176
He's gay. According to new 5e retcons.
>>
>>66250149
This Jaheira looks kind of bored.
>>66250060
This Jaheira looks like she craves all of the dick.
>>
>>66250060
Jan or Yoshimo.
>>
File: 8904.png (249 KB, 1156x1572)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
Rate this fighter subclass.
>>
>>66250185
>Xzar is gay
I always kind of pictured him too bugfuck to even care.
>>
>>66250060

Where's Edwina
>>
>>66250187
Well, by the time BG2 rolled, she had lost a rather boring husband. She's free and eager.
>>
>>66250193
Why is the healer kit fully consumed? They have 10 charges after all
>>
>>66250208
>I'm free
Explains why she seemed to get over the death so quick.
>>
>>66250193
>First do not harm
>18th level
I haven't read any of your mechanics, but boy do you need to reevaluate the names if your features.
Also, why would anyone want a non-magical medic when healing magic exists? Or at least a rogue with fast hands?
>>
>>66250180
You’re precious.
>>
>>66250187
She's half elf, that means she's half slut.
>>
>>66250231
>dismissive ad hominem: for when revisionism fails!
>>
>>66250232
Which half?
>>
>>66250193
0/10
>>
>>66250201
That was my impression as well.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/baldursgategame/images/f/f4/XZARR26.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20170722031230
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (13 KB, 250x250)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>66250242
>>
>>66250193
Boring. Just roll a war cleric and prep healing spells.
>>
>>66250242
Every morning, roll d100 to determine which half of Jaheira is slutty.
>>
Monk should have been a half-caster that used spell slots for monk features instead of being given a unique resource.
>>
>>66250272
>Why d100
>Because on a matched roll the slutty half is half of the elf and half of the human.
>>
>>66250274
Soooo, rangers?
>>
>>66250274
Monk should have been rebranded as martial artist to free itself from some of the fluff baggage it often gets that ends up limiting it.
>>
>>66250274
Why do you think this?
>>
>>66250222
I just realized I posted an older version. The newest one says:
>As an action, you can spend one use of the healer's kit to restore a creature hit points by 1d10 plus your fighter level.
This is not to step on the toes of the Healer feat.

>>66250227
Kek. It was the first thing that came to mind. Also, to each their own, I suppose. I DM in a low magic/low fantasy setting and I figured this could be an alternative to magical healing, which is not to say this couldn't work in a high fantasy setting, just probably not as thematically relevant as a cleric or paladin.

>>66250248
Do tell what you think is bad about it.

>>66250271
Comparatively, I agree that it is a boring subclass, but it does fill a niche.
>>
>>66250180
I mean... you're saying that teasing gets boring, I'm saying teasing is something you should step in and tell the players to knock the fuck off when it becomes a problem. Also not disagreeing with you, your post was just the closest I could pick to chime in on the conversation.
>>
>>66250262
>That sound clip
The idea of him fucking is terrifying.
>>
>>66250303
Who should've stopped the issue is a different question, but yeah it's clearly the DM. He should have stopped it when not everyone was enjoying themselves. But this is about who caused the issue, and that's the Elf.
>>
>>66250291
Makes the system more unified. Other unique class resources are just dice counters.
>>
>>66250326
>Other class resources are just dice counters-
Sorc points.
Rage charges.
Wild Shape.
Channel Divinity uses.
>>
>>66250298
Feels shoehorned on. Nothing about a paramedic indicates it should be a fighter archetype. Just use the UA medicine feat or a homebrew class.
>>
>>66250326
>rages
>bardic inspiration
>channel divinity
>wildshapes
>second wind/action surge/indomitable
>sorc points
The system's unified enough as it is. If you don't give classes their own little things then you're just playing _4e_ so why are you even here?
>>
>>66250341
Forgot about sorc points.
I don’t count ones that are basically you can use one specific ability a certain number of times, unless you use a subclass that tries to use it for something else.
>>
>>66250341
>>66250366
Base Druid doesn’t get additional wild shape uses, does it?
>>
>>66250382
Not until level 20, but spore druid gets to use it for their spore cloud thing instead of animals.
>>
>>66250389
>Gain 25 temp hp
>Enemy passes Con save
>Be Druid so have mediocre AC
>Get hit
>Class feature gone in one turn
Man I love Spore Druid
>>
>>66250389
It seems kinda silly to say it’s a unique class resource then, just because of one UA subclass. That’s like saying Bladesong is a unique resource because you can use it twice per short test.
>>
>>66250396
Am I the only one who isn’t interested in being a mushroom man? I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t buy into this circle.
>>
>>66250409
I like the idea of the circle, something based around mushrooms. The actual circle is a huge disappointment though. It gives you a shitty auta that is gone in 2 hits and minion spam.

I just want Wild Shape to be able to turn into a Mushroom flavored Treant or Shambling Mound or even other shitty plant monsters.
>>
>>66250398
>just because of one UA subclass.
It was officially published in GGR, anon.
>>
>>66250409
Druids are all about nature, aka plants and animals. Moon druid is the animal-focused subclass, so they needed the plants subclass. Then they bongled the mechanics.
>>
File: 5.png (72 KB, 768x459)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>66250350
Would this change make it more relevant?
>>
Is there any point for a fighter to go 16 Str and 16 Dex?
>>
>>66250469
dex saves I guess
>>
>>66250424
i'd love a plant based druid
oddly enough they actually lack some plant themed stuff you'd expect them to have, for example there's no conjure plants spell which would give the underused plant creatures more limelight

you can make plants grow and animate them, thats it
no conjuring, no charm plant (which oddly enough is a nature cleric thing)

Primeval Guardian was a step in the direction with ranger of all things, but it got scrapped
>>
>>66250469
not really, you want to focus on one or the other, that said if you have a 16 spare then 16 dex will benefit you more than a 16 in any of the mental stats unless your heavy into roleplaying a particular aspect, or a samurai who gets wis save prof and refuse to be crowd controlled
>>
>>66250469
No. Usually you pick dex or str. Oversize bow also needs 18 str so stopping at 16 gets you nowhere.
>>
>>66249178
>>66249225
tbf everything GR touches turns to shit, including their own properties.
>>66249291
GR doesn't understand balance. As in, their other big system, M&M, literally has no balance whatsoever. As such, everything in SCAG is either disgustingly weak, disgustingly strong, or disgustingly ignorant of 5e's design.
>>
>>66250225
That's why her romance keeps creeping me out. She doesn't even bothers with trying to resurrect Khalid, she mourns him for 20 seconds, doesn't bother with the burial and decides to move on before we are even out of the tutorial dungeon.
Then immediately starts flirting with CHARNAME.

Even Viconia is more wholesome in hindsight.
>>
What are some uncommon magic items relevant to duergar?
>>
>>66250562
something slavery related?
a hammer?
just go through the table and pick an effect
>>
>>66250562
a decanter of endless water
>>
>>66250562
I mean, most magic items are relevant to most races and civilizations. They're just handy to have
>>
How do you calculate average rolls for (dis)advantage or rolls where you remove the die?
Whats the average roll of 4d6 remove lowest?
>>
>>66250744
https://anydice.com/
>>
File: seeker-dart.jpg (167 KB, 558x613)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>66250562
its me again anon
I did a little digging
and found you something
creepy enough for you
>>
File: monks.jpg (66 KB, 800x533)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>66250289
>fluff baggage it often gets that ends up limiting it
the only thing limited is your mind, you smelly gaijin
>>66250274
>>66250326
>Monk should have spell slots
>Makes the system more unified
casterfag seething
anyone who whines about ki either had a cruel DM or is exclusively whiterooming
you're talking like you're mike mearls
>>
I'm a level 3 fighter. I'm thinking about taking War Caster and one or two levels in a casting class to put spells on my OAs in the next few levels. Suggestions?
>>
>>66251195
BB AoOs are crazy powerful. Do it.
>>
>>66251195
Just take Eldritch Knight
>>
>>66251228
I already took Battlemaster
>>
>>66248615
There is no grounds for strength-based intimidation.
Strength is a situational instance of possibly being able to threaten someone - there are many creatures in D&D that honestly don't give a shit how much you go to the gym.
Charisma is an objective measurement of how good you are at scaring shit. A high charisma 8 str guy can threaten, I don't know, their parents, threaten to use horrifying magic, threaten someone at their pressure points.

Strength is something that should be factored into the DC as it will situationally lower the DC (even to as much as 0 for a commoner), not the modifier.
>>
File: 1541040456045.jpg (30 KB, 600x600)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>"We take a long rest!!"
>Players immediately start refilling everything
>>
File: 1533131142884.gif (2.56 MB, 480x480)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>Just finished a fight
>/that guy/ who landed the last hit immidiately asks the DM what the evil guy's chamber looks like
>The moment the DM finished describing it he says he opens drawers and the chest he sees
>We cant get a chance to talk without having to interrupt either him or the DM
>As soon as the dm says he finds loot he takes it
>We tell him to share
>"No I found it first"

Are there any ways to make looting a bit more organized and force /that guy/ to behave a little?
Hes the type that would loot first before healing someone who's incapacitated.
>>
>>66251268
And you can't ask to switch if you're still level 3? Either way, best not to dip nor waste two feats because you'll just be slowing down either your class or your stat progression. Unless you rolled good for your stats, then it's whatever.
>>
>>66251304
Just nut up and assert yourself. Talk over a nigga.
>>
>>66251304
Tell him to fuck off OOC and play like not a gremlin.
>>
>>66251304
Just kill him and take all of his shit. Share it with the party so they defend you when he tries to kill you with another character.
>>
>>66251305
Stats are fine, and I like Battlemaster. I just don't like it enough to feel like I need 20 levels in it.
>>
>>66251304
Talk about shit that you hate to either the guy causing it at your table or the DM who has to mediate it. Don't do roundabout shit on behavior, confront and address it. If he refuses to acknowledge the other players, you have no obligation to him.
>>
>>66251304
Talk with that guy like an adult. Ask him why his character is even in the party if he doesn't act like a party member.

And tell him that his character can't be at both the drawers and the chest at the same time, and that all the other characters aren't just sitting on their ass while he and the GM are jacking each other off. Tell him that your character already opened the chest while he was digging through the drawers.
>>
How does dispel magic worth with minionmancy? can you only dispel one creature at a time, or do you dispel the entire summoning spell?
>>
>>66251336
It's less to do with the subclass features and more to do with the power points you're expected to reach as you level one class. It can really hurt if you're two levels behind on getting Extra Attack, or an ASI, so on. If your stats are good, just run Magic Initiate then War Caster to get what you need by 6th level.
>>
>>66251304
Stop playing with bad players. I've never had a group where we didn't figure out who got what and resolved any issues ICly like roling dice or some contest.
>>
>>66251370
>Choose one magical effect within range
I'd say you dispel the spell, thus ending it, and the summons disappear (or whatever other thing happens when the spell ends).
>>
>>66251370
The former, the summoning of the creatures themselves is not a magical effect you can target on the whole because it's not a singular thing like a fire wall or a storm cloud.
>>
>>66251440
>Latter
>>66251448
>Former
So... no clarity on that rule then.
>>
>>66251298
this is made worse in fantasy grounds, where it autofills everything with the click of a button
>>
What's the best way to make a necromancer in 5E?
>>
>>66251531
necro wizard probably
>>
>>66251531
You don't, they suck because this system wants to avoid action bloat from summoners.
>>
>>66251304
Cut his dick of while he's sleeping. Seems to have worked for >>66249419
>>
>>66251541
which is honestly good. Nobody wants to sit through one player having 8 turns
as if combat doesn't take long enough to begin with
>>
>>66251298
Assert power of a DM. Dont let people do anything until you say so. Dont let them roll or change anything in the sheet.
>>
>>66251546
Even better - convince him to do it himself. Tell him all the cool kids nowadays are doing it.
>>
File: 1550604771378.jpg (157 KB, 1200x882)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Need a few ideas for a good encounter with a Vampire "Scientist" that is responsible for the recent rising in Lycanthropy Cases.

So far i have his Manor as a kind of investigative setting, he's there but has a lot of fake walls and tunnels that he can slip through.

The Lycanthropes are not in the Manor but rather collecting more specimen for the Doctor.

What would be some good creatures that can defend the manor and the doctor?
>>
>>66251580
animated paintings and armour
>>
>>66251304
This is why you need to have a lawful/lawful good fighter/paladin to assert dominance over the people like that.
Talk to him IC, ask what he found and that he should share. Hopefully the rest of the group is pissed at him and will back you up so he will have to either behave or fuck off and the player to make a new character.
>>
>>66251541
I'm fine with "A few powerful undead minions" over "hordes of zombies" if that works better.
>>
Other than monk, which classes would you say get fucked over the most by not picking a race that gives +1 or +2 in a primary attribute?
>>
>before we even start a session the player exclaims hes going to take the weapon we borrored from an NPC
Why do people think they will get what they want?
>>
>>66251665
Rogue. Just because dex is extremely powerful.
>>
>>66251665
all of them with the exception of rangers and wis
>>
>>66251646
It doesn't. Like, the only option is Animate Dead and you need to burn a spell slot every day to keep them from eating you. Your only options are skeletons or zombies from that spell. As I mentioned, this system doesn't want you to be doing this.
>>
>>66251580
The chamberlain, animals in the garden, the thousandth painting or table or book, permanent unseen servants that are actually invisible stalkers, other members of the family and their guests, the city watch called upon as murderhobos have broken into the manor.
>>
>>66251665
If you can't start the game with two 16 and one 14 you should just spare the GM the effort and kill yourself. Walk into an oven or a cliff.
>>
>>66251715
Tfw start a game and a human halberdier pam rolls high and starts with 18str, 18con, 16dex and 14 cha.
>>
>>66251711
But it's fine when druids summon armies of fairy bears to swarm you lol
>>
>>66251765
hey its me ur halberdier
>>
>>66251765
Gets crushed by roof in first dungeon.
>>
File: 1553521027611.jpg (233 KB, 1667x1224)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>66251606
>>66251712
Wonderful, thank you.
>>
>>66251817
Forgot the most obvious ones. Failed experiments and escaping specimens. The whole manor is in chaos making it hard to tell friend from foe (for all parties).
>>
>>66251872
>>66251872
>>66251872
>>
>>66248724
Im refluffing every spell i can to be "earth magic" like Shield, to create an my next character. A big bellied bearded man with the gourmet feat, who prior to adventuring served in a tavern kitchen, dumping into strength.

What class should i go?

Im thinking a str cha based sorcerer
>>
>>66250242
Both
>>
>>66249039
A garrote is not a slashing weapon, it's any implement designed to cause asphyxiation by constricting the neck. Cheese/piano wire garrotes could cause lacerations, but were not designed for that purpose.
I would suggest making a grapple check (dex/acrobatics), if successful all other grappled rules apply, but the actor can inflict 1d4 (bludgeoning?) damage + str on each turn, and in turn the victim has disadvantage on attack rolls and strength checks.
A crit could cause a bleed in addition to the extra d4?
>>
>>66249904
That's the thing, it was never said that the elf was getting more than his fair share. All it said was he was repeatedly saying it was the rogue's small dick that was the cause of the problem, exactly as the rogue did when they wanted to fuck the singer.
Not to mention this all reads like it happened in one session, so I'd hardly say the joke wore out its welcome more than the rogue took his retaliation about imaginary dick size poorly and went to PvP over it.
Of course they'd ideally talk it over in/out of character and move on but we don't know anything past the rogue went to PvP after getting made fun of the same way he made fun of the elf
>>
>>66249419
>at the end of the day, the Rogue is still a dicklet
When will they learn?
>>
>>66249419
I swear I've seen this exact post before.
>>
>>66250060
Hexxat's mindslave. I was pissed as fuck when I had to trade her in for that Chultan sheboon
>>
>>66249670
All the responses to this are basically 'but the rogue made the first dick joke!', ignoring the difference between a joke and constant harassment.
>>
>>66250289
Are you memeing? Because I saw the same twitter thread, and it was retarded then and it's retarded now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.