[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Toreador.png (3.27 MB, 2051x1206)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/toreador

Brujah, Tremere, and Toreador so far, two more to go. Those were the three easiest to guess. We have two left, one is probably Nosferatu, so who's the last?
>>
>>66238520
Malkavian
>>
>>66238520
Hm. Odd they're doing only 5 clans.
Malkavian and Nosferatu are quintessential VtM, though as they're doing a possible Anarchs path, Gangrel would be a major one. However as they left the Camarilla, they likely wouldn't be playable incase you're following that path. Though Brujah is listed, so that's that theory out the window.
Unsure on if Ventrue could be justified either. I suppose the Camarilla Ventrue wouldn't want a Thin-Blood joining their ranks especially through the diablerisation of a Blood-Hunt victim (if a Ventrue has a Blood Hunt on them, they clearly pissed off The Firm), though I don't see the Anarchs caring so much, one less in the Ivory Tower for them.
>>
>>66238520
The pc can only be 5 of the clans? Why?
>>
>>66239202
because the rest will be DLC
>>
>>66239162

Nos may not be playable simply due to gameplay issues. Since you've got a character who can't actually engage in any social stuff that involves humans. Playing a Nos was an utterly miserable shitshow in the first game for that reason.
>>
>>66238520
Would bet a quite large sum that one of them is Malkavian. I could be wrong, but they've always felt to me like a fan favourite that they'd be amiss to not include.

Though I can also see very forced meme-y dialogue trying to outdo the original malks by inserting lolrandom stuff.
>>
Why are we in Seattle? Wasn't the wave crashing over the Santa Monica pier at the end of the trailer?
>>
>>66240517
The metaphorical tide of blood, you mean?
>>
>>66239162
Most of the anarchs in the first game were Brujah, not Gangrel, so they could still do an Anarch path.
>>
File: ravnos11.jpg (61 KB, 367x567)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>66238520

Ravnos reveal when?
>>
>>66240591
>problematic and fanatic gypsy beggars and thieves
not happening
>>
wrong boardbut I understand not wanting to go to /v/
>>
>>66241077

IIRC VtM:B falls under the Commander Keen rule, so it makes sense that VtM:B2 would as well.
>>
I'm going to bet that they're putting gameplay before lore when it comes to clan choice. So we've got a brawler style of gameplay, a mage style of gameplay, and an either socialite or dexterous style of gameplay. I guess this leaves open:
>A socialite/dexterous style, depending on what one is left open.
>A minion/summoner style.
>A sneaky style.
>A sharpshooting style.
>A tank style.
I'm personally betting on sneaky Nosferatu and maybe some sort of social/minion-based Ventrue. Gangrel's a big nope, considering that the Brujah already occupy any role that they would take.
>>
>>66238520
Gangrel and Lasombra Antitribu.
>>
>>66239220
This, it's paradox. 10% of the game on release, with over 1000 in DLC on launch day.
>>
>>66241730

I hate you, but only because you're right.
>>
>>66238520
Malkavian, since they're by far the most popular route in the original.
>>
>>66241077
Tbh it's an exception in my opinion, like Xcom, BG, planescape torment, dwarf fortress, ss13, ect.

Also /v/ is the 5th worst board and I avoid it when possible.
>>
The real question is will you have the possibility of being Sabbat?
>>
>>66241781
No. Why would you? Just because the game's based off of the tabletop game, doesn't mean that you should assume that literally all of the tabletop game options should be available to you in the game.
>>
>>66241802
I can still hear the cyberpunk fans seething about the game not having like 9 unique campaigns for each class
>>
>>66241618
Celerity is used by two clans so far, and Auspex only by one. It's possible Auspex will get used by the fourth or fifth, who else gets Auspex besides Tremere?
>>
>>66238520
Gangrel and Ventrue

Malkavians and Nossies need too many extra assets, better leave them for DLCs if the game does good. I mean I wish it has Malavians right off the game, but everyone knows its not gonna happen.
>>
File: Commander Keen clause.png (57 KB, 314x416)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>66241443
the difference is VtM:B is a good game
>>
>>66242973

Oh shit, you got a copy already? Gibs!
>>
>>66242948
Gangrel need way more work than Malks.
>>
>>66243140
Tabletop accurate Gangrel? Yes.
VtM:B Gangrel? No.
>>
>>66243365
Gangrel needs more visual assets for Animalism and Protean (Fortitude is no effort).

>>66242741
>who else gets Auspex besides Tremere?
coincidentally, Malkavians
>>
>>66243042
Not that anon but come on now, there couldn't possibly be more warning signs
>>
>>66243620
I mean, they could have hired Jennifer Hepler
>>
>modernity bad a bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>66243418
And malkiavians needs tons of extra dialogue written. While graphics can be outsourced to eastern europe, that shit is usally kept in house.
>>
>>66243140
Gangrels need a bunch of fancy shapeshifting.
>>66243418
We have two remaining clans, Celerity used by two confirmed clans, and Auspex used by one confirmed clan. Clearly each clan gets a unique discipline and then one shared discipline.

That means that there'll be at least one new shared discipline added for the fifth clan that will get shared with the DLC clans, and something else that uses Auspex, or the fourth and fifth clans will both use the same shared discipline, and the Auspex-user will be DLC.

Do Nosferatu, Vertrue, or Gangrel have anything shared? Do Malks have anything shared with any of them? It's possible we could get a non-Camarilla clan as the fifth.
>>
>>66244091
Nosferatu + Malks = share Obfuscate
Nosferatu + Gangrel = share Animalism
Gangrel + Vetrue = share Fortitude
>>
>>66244143
Thinking on it, I don't think we'll get both Toreador and Ventrue as base, they cover too much of the same ground. Nosferatu and Malks cover five of the six core Camarilla clans, with Ventrue out, but both require more work than a normal clan, while Ventrue requires minimal work.

I'm betting on Nosferatu + something unexpected, like Lasombra or Assamite.
>>
>>66238520
Let's hope Gangrel and Nosferatu. Ventrue are garbage.
>>
File: 1528929916221.gif (126 KB, 100x100)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>People guessing when each clan has a teaser picture
Ventrue and nos are left, gangrel and malks got fucked
>>
>>66244273
Did they really show a teaser pic? Because those are disappointing final options.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_RAsns1o8

cool
>>
>>66244322
It's right on the main page with the clan list
https://www.bloodlines2.com/
>>
>>66240517
It's the pier with the Seattle Great Wheel from their waterfront. Pier 57.
>>
>>66240541
Yeah, I know. I think it's all confirmed you can go with any faction depending how you play, like the first one (though hopefully expanded more).
I was trying to say that if they did a path allowing Anarchs those two Clans would be the major ones, though as anons have said above, whatever clans aren't listed from the 7 will be DLC content. I venture Ventrue is one in that case as it opens up a fairly unique pathway to have that kind of backing, lore-wise, plus the Bane they have is something that's... eh.
In V5 you got the Lasombra joining the Cammies too, so I see them getting a DLC add down the road too.
>>
>>66241781
Not likely when in V5 they ventured off to the Middle East to fight the Gehenna War and the Lasombra antitribu joined up with the Cammies.
However... Also we know the starting character is a victim of a mass embrace, sounds like a shovelhead thing to me.
>>
>>66239359
>>66241730
>>66239220
>>66239251

Malks and Nosies would be, justifiable as DLC.
As a Nosferatu, the dynamics of the game would have to be reworked. A separate ugly looking campaign would make sense from a design standpoint.

Malkavians have so much potential for insanity and hilarity that a far greater sum of effort would be required.

Plus, Nosferatu and Malkavians have an inherient trait that is obvious. From what I recall, you 'discover'(pick after a while) which clan you belonged to. It would be pretty obvious when you started if you were mad or ugly.
>>
>>66248071
It looks like Nosferatu is one of the five, from this anon's post. >>66244273
Also the character starts as a Thin-Blood. They gain a Clan later which is highly likely to be a diablerie.
They've mentioned mass embrace as the origin for the character, so there are likely different targets and story paths to pick in getting your Clan.
I'm guessing a rogue Coterie or different one-off characters have a Blood Hunt called on them, which is the one way to diablerise a victim and not get too much stigma off it.
>>
who cares, this game will be full sjw propaganda
>>
>>66250609
calm down, buddy. let's not count those chickens before they hatch.
>>
>>66241749
beeings this wrong, its obsly venture and nosf look at the empty "clan pictures" att the Bloodlines 2 site.
>>
>>66251398
yeah that turned out so well the last million times
>>
>>66250609
lol get fucked hick
>>
Toreador
Tremere
Brujah
Ventrue
Lasombra

Nosferatu, Gangrel, Malkavian, The Ministry, and Banu Haquim as free DLC later. I am prepared to be blown out by my from-the-hip prediction.
>>
>>66251398
chances are this basket of eggs will give nothing but cocks
>>
>>66241077
I for one, as someone who never played any of the tabletop games and only briefly played VtM:B, and only popped into this thread on a whim, completely understand why people want to have game threads here.

World of Darkness has a strong following here, and I'd rather talk about the upcoming game with people who give a shit about the franchise than the glue-eaters and pants-shitters occupying /v/ these days.
>>
>>66253942
>Implying it'll be v5
v20, mate
>>
>>66253972
devs said its v5
>>
>>66253972
What? No, it'll be very (and I do mean very) loosely based in V5 canon. LA By Night is suppposed to be canon and everything.
>>
>>66254008
>>66254019
Sauce me, 'cause i've seen nothing v5 from the snippets of info, including thinbloods not having thinblood alchemy
>>
>>66238520
They might make Malkavian a DLC thing, and go really fucking weird with it, but they're more likely to go Malkavian and Nosferatu as the next two, out of obligation to Bloodlines 1.
>>
>>66241730
That's not entirely fair. They do wind up with 1000 DLCs to get, but they release the game then release a steady stream of DLC.. Like filling a bucket halfway, selling it to you, and offer to leave the water running till it's full.
>>
>tzimisce never ever
>>
>>66249532
>Also the character starts as a Thin-Blood. They gain a Clan later which is highly likely to be a diablerie.
>They've mentioned mass embrace as the origin for the character, so there are likely different targets and story paths to pick in getting your Clan.
This sounds terrible
>>
I worry that the Nossies in this game are going to be of the "unsettling but otherwise normal looking" variety, as opposed to what we all know them as
>>
>>66244410

Are you talking about the background images for the "Coming Soon" clans? I seem to be missing the images you're referring to, if not.
>>
>>66243750
Malkavian need way more than extra dialogue to not just be wacky lolsrandumb disgused as mental illnesses
>>
>>66241781
We know you start off as a thin blood from a mass embrace. Camarilla and Anarchs dont really do that, and they discard thin bloods, let alone use them. It sounded to me like you are Sabbat by default but I dont know if new info contradicts this. Sabbat do mass embraces and partake in diablerie, which is a core mechanic of advancement in the game, once again these things are complete anathema to the Camarilla and Anarchs.
>>
How they are going to work the Nossies? Supposedly you gain clain afiliation by performing diablery on someone. That's not super haram with the Camarilla? also, why on earth someone would pick Nosferatu over Toreador? They have to sweeten the deal somehow.
>>
File: Malk preview.jpg (646 KB, 1843x672)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>66244273
You idiot, this is clearly a Malkavian preview. Look, it's a mental hospital.
>It's a sewer, look at all that trash and pipes.
Yeah, well, look at the background. It's a window. A huge one. Are there any windows in sewers?
>>
>>66254739
If she covers her neck, she can be sort of cute.
>>
>>66254739
I think diabliere is allowed in cases of a blood hunt?
>>
>>66238520
We'll get gangrel and ventrue next.

There are going to be six clans, one is new (thinbloods) so two of the 7 clans from camarilla are going to get axed

i say they remove two hardest to make gameplay for, rewriting whole script for malks and platying as Nosferatu means harder to make level design
>>
>>66254842
I say it's a warehouse and it's going to be Gangrels
>>
>>66254842
That looks like a hospital to you?
>>
>>66255054
yeah, i think bare pipes can be a big no-no around crazies
>>
My guess is Malkavian because everyone remembers and loves the Malk meme run from Bloodlines 1 and Assamite, because the Assamites got a recent push in V5 with the Schism and the Blood Wedding, so Camarilla Assamites are the new hotness.
>>
>>66255270
I mean, they do acknowledge the malk meme, since stop sign is an decorative item in preoder, but i doubt in this day and age they'll care enough to re-write whole dialogue

unless, god forbid, it's a silent protag
>>
>>66254064
There's a developer interview on youtube, atop of the reveal chat where the devs mention V5 and BL2 were co-developed together and borrow aspects off each other.
All the powers in the trailer are confirmed with names different from Thin-Blood Alchemy, though the powers displayed are easily linked to them. They're likely doing paths like the Disciplines in the original game and did tweaking for them to work in vidja.
>>
>>66254351
And yet it's confirmed from the developers that's exactly how your character origins play out. I expect an online play where you can meet other player's characters from that same mass embrace to play a part in things.
>>
>>66254524
There's what is assumed to be one in the trailer, dank coloured skin, boils and little peggy fangs, ugly as sin and not human looking. I can't think of them being anything but Nosferatu, unless they really play into the Low Humanity makes you look like a monster thing. Or Blood Plague being a plot point.
>>
>>66254878
It is allowed then, yes.
>>
Why not use Requiem?
>>
>>66243620
No you're just being a faggot like /v/ does.
>>
File: olga-zubova-torik-final.jpg (1.29 MB, 1920x3007)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>66256140
Because Requiem has absolutely fuck all for the overreaching lore, unlike Masquerade. Requiem would require them building everything up from the ground themselves, while Masquerade lets them use a previously established set-up of the world.
>>
>>66255054
>>66255070
This is World of Darkness, remember? 90% of mental hospitals are going to be horrifying bedlam hellpits, where everything is rusty, straitjackets are mandatory, and lobotomies are performed with tesla coils and corkscrews.
>>
>>66256211
But Masquerade's lore is really bad. I guess it would work better as a video game though.
>>
>>66240668
Bah, Ravnos are the best. I refuse to buy this game now.
>>
>>66256238
>really bad
Sure, shit like Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand and such, but there's so many fucking books in VtM, it'd be unlikely everything about it was good.

So while VtM may have the occasional bits of bad lore, Requiem has no fucking lore whatsoever going beyond clans, bloodlines and covenants or whatever they're called.
>>
>>66256293
I'll take no metaplot over Masquerade's metaplot any day.
>>
>>66256310
Cool, you stick with Requiem, I'll stick with Masquerade.
>>
>>66256337
>i love slurping metaplot npc cock
>>
>>66248071
>justifiable as DLC
>Bloodlines had them in the base game
el fuck you
>>
File: marc-simonetti-arkane-cm2.jpg (712 KB, 1552x2000)
712 KB
712 KB JPG
>>66256391
Cool, you stick with being a stuck up cunt who's bitter about his particular splat not ever getting any attention, players or video games made based on it, and I'll stick with enjoying my stuff without being a faggot about it to anonymous people online.
>>
If Gangrels don't make it in smash atleast I have the Tremere
>>
>>66256452
>i love clans-as-stereotypes
>>
>>66256507
They're just one of the available presets, if you choose to play so. No one is forcing you to be a stereotype, but you can't be a super special snowflake either.
>>
>>66239162
>odd
Predictable, you mean. It's entirely normal at this point. Have you just not paid any attention to how Paradox does business?
>>
>>66239220
Malks will be DLC only. Mark my words. This is because it was most popular clan in the original and they want cash, so this DLC is likely among first to come. Rest of two free clans are most likely Nosferatu and Ventrue because they're well know, but not legendary like Malks.

Another (and last) DLC clan will be most likely Nosferatu and it will add stealth mechanics that will be heavily simplified in the base game.
>>
>>66256858
I meant Gangrel (vtmb style, not tabletop) as free clan, not Nosferatu.
>>
>>66238520
Malkavians are confirmed too, the devs said they wanted to remove the cookiness of mental illness and do something that addresses the issue better in VTMB2
>>
>>66254856
That’s because she’s a ghoul, not proper nosferatu.
>>
>>66256983
I seriously hope they won't make Malks boring. It's not like Malkavian in the original was specifically goofy compared to rest of clans and they portrayed Cobweb pretty well. It's more that game in general had comedic tone like most of Troika games. It has that B-movie feel with lots of humor everywhere and almost every character is funny stereotype.
>>
>>66256983
>devs said they wanted to remove the cookiness of mental illness and do something that addresses the issue better in VTMB2
depending on metaplot you ccoule have Malkavians with Dominate instead of Dementation, maybe they are coming back to that idea
>>
To all the people here saying some clans, Malks or Nossies, will be DLC, are you aware that Paradox has gone on to officially say that any clans released post-launch will be free of charge?
>>
>>66257326

I would love to see a citation for that, not because I disbelieve you but because I don't want to be bamboozled by Paradox.
>>
>>66257097
>>66257134

I dunno. I am hopeful and glad the IP is being used. What it sounded like to me is that they were afraid of the alt left mobs if they didn't pull a Senua's Sacrifice and make the whole clan a platform to speak about the affliction that isn't taken "seriously".
>>
>>66257451

It might also be that the devs wanted to take it in a different direction than "lol u argue wiht a stop sign! XD so random!", which would be a little jarring if the rest of the game were more serious/somber in tone. Let's not forget, VtM:B was a game where a doctor diagnosed someone with "sexlexia".
>>
>>66257370
>"The one thing we can say, we will have a good amount of clans in the main game that are really interesting, but we'll support it with more clans after launch," said Christian Schlütter, lead producer at Paradox. "And one thing that you need to write down is that every clan that we release later on will be free. We will never charge you for any clan." I wrote that down.

https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/

I'm not saying Paradox won't make any DLCs, I think we can expect a ton of cosmetics DLC, from customizing your haven to outfitting your character with all sorts of fashion.
>>
>>66258018
Gonna be real when I say, really cool of them to do that, since I expect that most people would be more than willing to shell out $5 to buy the Malk or Lasombara clan or whatever
>>
>>66256070
>And yet it's confirmed from the developers that's exactly how your character origins play out.
Isn't this a 5th Edition thing? I'm not saying it isn't true, just that it sounds terrible.
>>
>>66258018
>We will never charge you for any clan.
>inb4: but bloodline is not a clan, silly customers
>>
>>66256140
Because it's garbage.
>>
>>66260370
In what way?
>>
>>66257097
The Malkavian PC was a boring lolsrandom dickhead who's dialogue was overly impeding gameplay and story digestion. Thank God they won't do that again
>>
File: 1509572867177.gif (911 KB, 171x141)
911 KB
911 KB GIF
>all this teaser hypetrain bullshit
>>
>>66261560
It fit perfectly with general tone of the game. Remember that whole game was a comedy.

What I'm worried about isn't lack of fishmalk antics like talking with stop signs, but that they make Malk to be someone with "normal" mental illness rather than a Malkavian. Even if the original Malkavian was a lonrandumb fishmalk it portrayed how Malkavian mind work pretty accurately to lore.
>>
>>66257941
Hey, sexlexia is a very serious, and very sexy, learning disability.
>>
>>66262060
Can't wait for my Malkavian to call out all those ableist Cis shitlord NPC for discriminating against mental illness!
>>
>>66256393
That's the 2010s DLC gaming culture for you, anon. I'd have been happy for them to be unlocks if you did a particularly difficult and hidden route off the beaten path, like FFX's optional summons to try and do a bad comparison, though the devs make more cash this way which is what it's sadly all about these days.
>>
>>66257134
In V5 (which was co-developed alongside BL2), they do have Dominate. They're also seen more as seers that have visions, rather than fish-Malks. Wise madmen that see too much of the world is really like.
Some archetypes are mediums, those who hold fanatical obsession to a singular passion they hold to find their purpose and also blood addicts that think if they drink other blood it will medicate them by dilution of their Malk vitae through other sources thrown in.
>>
>>66260159
It was in the developer interview video on youtube, I'm 99% sure. Honestly, I'd never heard of mass embraces outside of shovelheads in VtM, so it stuck out to me.
>>
>>66268467
Seems like 5e watered down everything that makes the clans distinct other than core disciplines.
>>
>>66261583
they're going to blue ball everyone releasing a little bit of information every week
now the clans, then a few mechanics here and there and gameplay videos, a few hints about the lore so people can compare it to the table top version
>>
>>66256983
>Malkavians are confirmed too, the devs said they wanted to remove the cookiness of mental illness and do something that addresses the issue better in VTMB2
this, I don't get the Nosferatu (not like you aren't going to get a DLC) and Lasombra (fat chance they're going to add a clan that wasn't in the first game) fanboys that are grasping
why would the devs talk about fixing Malks and mental illness representation so much if they are not in the core game
>>
>>66258018
I wonder if "More slaves ... I mean, ghouls to add to your harem ... I mean, group." counts as cosmetics.
>>
File: EmperorsElmo.jpg (86 KB, 600x690)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>66269709
>ywn play a humanity 8 Toreador porn star

I'd rather be Elmo.
>>
>>66253942
>paradox
>free dlc
>>
>>66238520
The Ventrue are definitely next, based on the little preview background art they have on the clan section of the sites home page. And since the last piece of background art we see could be a sewer or a prison, we will definitely have Malks or Nosferatu as our 'weird' clan at launch, though they have stated that any clans they release later will be free, so we should get everything eventually
>>
>>66269278
Obtenebration is now essentially a factor of Obfuscate and hear Tzimisce's Vissicitude will be similarly handled.
That's one thing I dislike for V5 (of many things), that the clans are being melded to remove their uniqueness and make it more a game of Anarchs taking down the Cammies.
>>
>>66270470
5e sounds like absolute shit
>>
>>66239251
>Playing a Nos was an utterly miserable shitshow
Nos was actually my favorite faction in the first game, with Obfuscate being one of the best disciplines. Plus, the detection on the npcs wasn't very good so you could basically play the game normally save for the Giovanni party and leaving the video shop in Hollywood.
You could easily just have a mask or disguise mechanic in the game, or do a similar thing the first game did with interiors where you get some flavor text but no real penalty for talking to important npcs.
>>
>>66269866
My own character in V5 is a 12th Camiralla Toreador Neonate with Influence who owns a gentleman's club that caters to Ventrue refined tastes, assuring a Mawla and favours to him, atop of whatever rich kine want in. Name your type and he'll name you a price.
I'm sure the V5 devs would be seething.
>>
>>66255298
silent protagonist is a must fpr a true rpg or you end up with fallout 4
>>
>>66272353
or I mean there can't be a voiced protagonist, sorry...
>>
>>66255298
Devs have confirmed the player character is silent. It's for the best.
>>
>>66269459
They're probably talking about NPCs, but this is ironic considering that in original game Malk NPCs were among most seriously written and even tragic characters like Jeanette/Therese and Grout.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.