[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Wizards_of_the_Coast.png (164 KB, 1200x776)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
What went wrong?
>>
>>66232292
Hasbro.
>>
>>66232292
Probably the bit where Hasbro bought them.
>>
>>66232292
Has to be Hasbro
>>
I'm saying Hasbro
>>
>>66232292
They have the most recognizable products on the market and you're too basic to look for better alternatives.
>>
>>66232292
Systematic attack by the left to cater to their values, despite a complete lack of leftist in the core fanbase, causing a temporary influx of satellite “geeks” that have no interest in the hobby outside of it being the new thing to obsess over kinda like Game of Thrones or Harry Potter
>>
>>66232292

Jumping on the sinking ship that was TSR after Gygax.
>>
>>66232733
Quite the bubble you live in, there.
>>
>>66233057
He's right tho
>>
>>66233057
I don’t have a bubble faggot. I just watch market trends as part of my job
>>
>>66232349
>>66232396
>>66232445
>>66232478
/end thread

>>66232733
Pic related
>>
>>66233057
>a temporary influx of satellite “geeks” that have no interest in the hobby
he's absolutely correct

unless you lived under a rock for the past 20 years, there was an obvious, corporate hostile takeover of the 'geek' culture
>>
>>66232733
>Oh no
>Women and minorities
>In MY escapist hobby
>Stop ruining everything with your inclusive and friendly behaviour
>Let me rage in peace
>>
>>66233165
Nice strawman.
>>
>>66233108
Except that's not true, there are *many* satellite "geeks" who are engaging with the hobby because they desperately want to capture the same magic they saw on Critical Role.
>>
The fuck do neckbeards even do when they're not hogging a table at a LGS? Oh right, they browse 4chan and reddit while jerking off to underaged goblins.
>>
>>66233183
No, /pol/. I wish it was. But it's not. It's you.
>>
>>66233197
It's pretty clearly a strawman dude. Try an argument instead.
>>
>>66232292
DCI and tge Hasbro buyout.

Anything that the raging faggots like >>66232733
>>66233063
>>66233075
>>66233108
>>66233185
Say, are just spergs who go full normie encountering a clown frog picture on anything they deem badwrong.
>>
>>66233185
You just proved his argument dumb ass! Many of these “geeks” are normies who are like “Hai guyz I like Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Attack on Titan, and Critical Role! Am I one of you now!”
>>
>>66233252
And fuck I forgot Marvel movies in that list.
>>
You guys know that a dumb diversity "competitive" league is going to just die on its own and that isn't special or unusual, right? Companies have been doing it for centuries on the exact same scale they're doing it today, you just think about the times it happens today.

Spoilers, it never works and it's not anything to worry about.
>>
File: liberals.png (733 KB, 775x527)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
>>66232292
>>
>>66233252
>“Hai guyz I like Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Attack on Titan, and Critical Role! Am I one of you now!”
Are you somewhat obsessed with them and know a lot of details and obscure informations about them? Then yes, you're one of us
>>
>>66232292
Nothing. They are making quite a lot of money. In a completely unsurprising turn of events, filthy fat fucks on /tg/ spend less money on shit than filthy normies.
>>
>>66233400
comic sales doubt that
>>
>>66233464
Now, now, that's not fair. Literally NOBODY bought comics to begin with.
>>
>>66232292
They got too big too quickly then bought D&D.
>>
I just ignore their "helpful suggestions" to make 5e "better" and just play the game with bros and avoid playing with people who find problems in everything.
>>
>>66233464
This implies comics were selling before they went woke.
>>
>>66232733
>a temporary influx of satellite “geeks” that have no interest in the hobby

Prey to Big E it is temporary, and any new tabletop players sticking around branch from DnD
>>
Onions
>>
>>66232292
The recent MTG sets are some of the best in years, they finally have a first-class online client that’s on-par if bot better than their competition, and their closest competitor in the West shut down last year.

Their most recent D&D edition is the most popular RPG book of all time, its mainstream cultural popularity is stronger and more positive than ever, they have piles of successful spin-offs and licensed products, and no other publisher even comes close to being considered a competitor in the space.

WotC is utterly dominant right now. A better question might be “what’s wrong with you, anon? Why don’t you want to go play a game with your friends?”
>>
>>66233242
no
>>
>>66233400
>In a completely unsurprising turn of events, filthy fat fucks on /tg/ spend less money on shit than filthy normies.
You got that backwards anon, fat fucks on /tg/ are still the ones buying cards.
>>
>>66233674
>WotC is utterly dominant right now. A better question might be “what’s wrong with you, anon? Why don’t you want to go play a game with your friends?”
This
>>
>>66233634
They want to pretend that wasn't the case.
Or that WotC didn't already went bankrup before getting bought by Hasbro.
>>
>>66233634
this implies they didn't take a dip after woking
turns out neetbux are bigger than normbux actually.
>>
>>66233165
Except they've been there. However, they didn't need identity politics. They enjoyed stuff, didn't autistically screech like you regressives do.
>>
>>66232292
Political idealogues. Left, Right, doesn't matter. It's more about their factions than the goddamn games! I'm not just talking about the company, but the fandoms revolving around Wizards IPs too.
>>
>>66233755
It also implies going woke was the issue, which is not(although it is connected too the main issue).
>>
>>66233755
>sales are going down
>try going woke to obfuscate that
>sales continue going down
>it was going woke that caused this
>>
File: Auspicious-Ancestor.png (262 KB, 300x418)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>66233769
I mean, having a black woman is a political stance for you. Like, if the Mirage block was out today you would get very, very angry.
>>
>>66233787
Getting angry at fandoms being shit is like screaming at the sea for having tides.
>>
>>66233674
>Their most recent D&D edition is the most popular RPG book of all time, its mainstream cultural popularity is stronger and more positive than ever
Thank fuck for that Critical Role and pandering to the left, eh?
Because WotC haven't released a good D&D book since Xanathar. The lore is a contradictory, poorly written mess, the mechanics are barebones, we haven't gotten any new subclasses in a long while, they cancelled all the novels, comics and Dragon + magazines, they even cancelled monthly UA because it's too much work for them. It took thrm 4 YEARS to release an unofficial "almost complete" Artificer class. Crawford is too busy virtue signaling on twitter and putting his tranny fetishes into the books to actually write a good class, Mearls is "cancelled" completely, Perkins is shooting shit at the moment.
In short - aside from CR DnD WotC has nothing and 5E is stagnating quicker than they want to admit. And they only got their enormous normie fanbase due to Critical Role in the first place, that's also been dropping in quality recently. How long can WotC keep up like that?
>>
>>66233831
>The lore is a contradictory, poorly written mess,
This has always being this way.
>>
>>66232292
The formation of the company

TSR was good
>>
>>66233846
I don't remember AD&D FR lore contradicting itself within the same book. Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes manages to contradict itself within the same paragraph - that's just shit writing.
>>
ITT: Exclusionist nerds who feel like gatekeeping their interests will give them Good Boy Points, and people who (rightly) dislike hasbro
>>
>>66233831
>Their most recent D&D edition is the most popular RPG book of all time, its mainstream cultural popularity is stronger and more positive than ever
imagine not knowing about the 80s
>>
>>66233882
Do you have examples?
>>
>>66233810
Not really, but if you retcon the established origin story the entire race and sabotage your own lore in the process just so you can say: "you have a canon justification to play as a tranny now" in a twitter blurb, I would call that political.
>>
>>66233831
Bitch, the last good 5E book was the Dungeon Master's Guide.
>>
>>66233922
We change to d&d now? I mean, Corellon has always being two gendered, the tranny part is super fucking selective and unusual (you can make it so weird is unseen, I mean,it says so in there those elves are *choosen*) and if you're talking about shity lore I would prefer to adress the Raven Queen above any "now I can put gender: elf on my sheet" shit.
>>
>>66233894
A little bit of gatekeeping is warranted. Seeing an IP dissolve into mindless drivel is purely depressing. Companies will cater to vapid normies who throw bux at the trending stuff. They don't want to think, just have mindless consumer entertainment. And because fans are more likely to be critical and more likely to exercise caution, the normies will be favored. So, let your tables be filled with the bland and asinine Todds and Beckies of the world. I would prefer not to.
>>
>>66233831
I feel old knowing this.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnDPlayersHandbook2ndEditionErrata.asp
>>
>>66233960
Raven Queen was just Gwen Kestril's self-insert. More proof that general era really tainted the already kinda fucky lore.
>>
>>66233903
To be fair a lot of people who were around in the 80's don't remember the 80's.
>>
>>66233912
Everything with Ghanadaur, Vhaeraun, Eilustraee, Vulkoor and Corellon. They wanted them to fit into this new bullshit elven story, then realized it doesn't work, so they dropped it halfway through. So we are told that Ghaunadaur is now an elven deity now, but not really, Eilistraee aside from non-commital "she exists" is ignored completely because she doesn't fit the elven story now, Vulkoor is a part of Dark Seldarine, but isn't and so on. And don't even get me started on the fiends and Blood War - this book is some crazy nonsense.
>>
>>66233968
Or you can let the normie product for the normies and play any other fucking thing.
I don't know what kind of gaming groups you gusy have but mine plays new games all the time, last one I tried was Forbidden Lands, maybe you should stop "gatekeeping" and try such things as well.
>>
>>66233682
Based
>>
>>66234003
>So we are told that Ghaunadaur is now an elven deity now, but not really, Eilistraee aside from non-commital "she exists" is ignored completely because she doesn't fit the elven story now, Vulkoor is a part of Dark Seldarine, but isn't and so on. And don't even get me started on the fiends and Blood War - this book is some crazy nonsense.
Doesn't seem that much different from real world mythologies to me
>>
>>66233960
>>66233983
The faggot ignored these. Proof of validity
>>
>>66233960
>the tranny part is super fucking selective and unusual
And somehow you run into at least two of them in Dragon Heist alone. The book even gives you a speech about "they/them" pronouns.
>>
>>66232292
Unironically retards like this.
>>
>>66232292
>What went wrong?
They produced the most successful card game ever. They've basically been printing money for 25 years. Seems to me they've been going right.
>>
>>66233252

...how many people on this very board started with 'I like Star Wars, I should see what else is out there'?
>>
>>66234060
I mean, I don't know how intrusive is that to you, but I have read BAD modules. I mean, bad in every sense and none of it involved just pointing up that some type of people exist.
Let me tell you about The Forest Oracle, read it and learn what bad trully means.
>>
>>66232292
They backed down on 4E instead of refining it. After that it was all over.
>>
>>66233960
>Corellon has always being two gendered
Corellon's been a greater god with no gender in the first place. He's avatar was a male sun elf. He was depicted as either male or female because he took patronage over both feminine (artist/wizard) and masculine (warrior) aspects of the elven race after the first parton of feminine aspect - Araushnee/Lolth went crazy. Yet somehow WotC decided its and easy target for tranny virtue signalling.
>>
>>66233252
You got your start with Ponyfinder you chubby, little queer.
>>
MPL is a pretty big fuckup.
>>
>>66232733
>complete lack of leftist in the core fanbase
literally delusional
>>
>>66233185
>hostile corporate takeover
>"no, it's this corporate commercial that's responsible"
Oh boy
>>
>>66234252
As observed in this thread, 5e core fanbase is 95% soi-induced tranny lefties.
>>
>>66232733
Spot. Fucking. On.
>>
>>66234061
I don’t get it, who’s wrong here?
>>
>>66234398
Aren't you forgetting one or two buzzwords there?
>>
>>66233165
>inclusive

Explain what this means, I've never seen a woman,black,asian,mexican,french or whatever nationality you want be discriminated from joining a game session, NEVER.
>>
>>66232292
They let Mearls sink 4e with Essentials and then put him in charge of 5e.
>>
>>66233674
>The recent MTG sets are some of the best in years, they finally have a first-class online client that’s on-par if bot better than their competition

Is this your brain on mediocrity? MTG arena is really fucking bad, it lacks many core functions such as being able to yeld specific triggers, chat, a ladder/mmr you can actually see, not no mentition that the acquisition rate of specific cards is abysmal, the timer doesn't function well and is easily abusable, the interface becomes a mess quickly when there's token decks involved and makes blocking borderline impossible, these are just some of the huge issues it has.

And for the sets? These sets have been better than BFZ but they are nothing noteworthy, if anything they just amplified the trend of cancer cards that we've seen in the last few years of sets.
>>
>>66234450
Mearls is the one actually trying to do some work in 5e. It's Crawford that keeps wrecking lore and mechanics while being smug about it.
>>
>>66234434
It's because inclusiveness is a lot more indirect than that.
Why do you think Black Panther was such an enormous hit in Africa?
>>
>>66234473
>africa

Africa is a bit of a large continet, care to describe where it was an hit? Because I've never heard anything about it.
>>
>>66234473
Define Africa.
>>
>>66232733
It's sad that you're so blind to the imaginary world you've constructed for yourself
>>
>>66234453
>MTG arena is really fucking bad, it lacks many core functions such as being able to yeld specific triggers, chat, a ladder/mmr you can actually see, not no mentition that the acquisition rate of specific cards is abysmal, the timer doesn't function well and is easily abusable, the interface becomes a mess quickly when there's token decks involved and makes blocking borderline impossible, these are just some of the huge issues it has.
It's still at least as good as Hearthstone thanks to the fact that the card game itself is better
>And for the sets? These sets have been better than BFZ
This is why he said they are the best in years, yes
>>
>>66234473
>Why do you think Black Panther was such an enormous hit in Africa?
Source and Numbers? More than half of Africa's countries doesn't have cinemas, "enormous" is relative
>>
>>66234472
While this is true, Mearls is certainly part of the blame for where D&D is right now.
When Hasbro said D&D is too expensive, make it cheaper he put out essentials for 4e.
When they said they want it even cheaper he cancelled the nentir Vale book and then started 5e.
While his hand was forced he chose the path D&D is on in terms of design and ignoring lessons from 4e
>>
>>66234482
>>66234483
>>66234507
I kinda find it funny that most of those "tolerant" people that scream inclusivity, can't comprehend the fact that Africa is more than one country. Racism, much?
>>
>>66234010
This. If an IP is made for the masses and their consumption, that feels like it's usually per design (ex. 5e generally being easier to learn than say, Pathfinder or DnD 3e)
>>
>>66233657
Because non-D&D RPGs were such a huge market force before the tabletop-renaissance-or-whatever-it-should-be-called?
>>
>>66234537
https://qz. com/africa/1234258/black-panther-breaks-box-office-records-in-east-west-and-south-africa/

First fucking Google result
>>
>>66233674
>The recent MTG sets are some of the best in years
Well, that doesn't make them not still shitty and boring. The "theme park" model for planes has become more and more ubiquitous, with less unique ideas and more pastiches of real-world cultures done in supremely uninteresting ways. Mechanically most of the newer sets are stale as all hell with some seriously pushed cards meant to drive pack sales at the expense of the limited environments. Magic's story has never really been good for the most part, but they doubled down on the comic-book-style big bad plot that was resolved in a very uninteresting way by a cast of uninteresting characters. MTG's pricing issues are getting crazier as Modern prices are picking up hard, the RL pushes Legacy further and further out of reach, and the sheer volume of Mythic staples make Standard expensive as hell. WotC also doesn't seem to know how to balance a format, and so lately Standard has been ban central (this only stopped a year and a half ago with Ixalan, which still got a card preemptively banned) and even this rotation is rife with some really twisted shit like Nexus of Fate (a product of yet another pricing scheme that also makes the meta actively worse). Modern is an absolute shitfest, and I don't really have hope for Horizons making it any better. The game's not gonna die anytime soon because it's still selling well, but it has honestly been getting worse.
>>
>>66234537
You don't have to strain quite so hard to force the "y-you're the racist!" card, anon. The original anon never even implied that.
>>
>>66232292
Embezzlement and intellectual property theft.
>>
>>66234061
I'm gonna need some context on this.
>>
>>66234473
What does Black Panther have to do with RPGs not being supposedly "inclusive" enough? Nobody will kick you out from the table for playing a black guy or a gay guy. You don't need specfic rules, lore justifications or cute pictures for that. You might get kicked out from the table for being an obnoxious cunt, but that's about it.
>>
>>66233185
Cortical Role sucks.
>>
>>66234803
>Nobody will kick you out from the table for playing a black guy or a gay guy
There are most certainly people here that would be unwilling to okay with a character such as that. To them, the mere act of playing such a character is
>being an obnoxious cunt
>>
>>66234803
>Nobody will kick you out from the table for playing a black guy or a gay guy.
This
As long as your character isn't defined by them being gay and/or black, there's nothing wrong
>>
>>66232292
FUCK WOTC
>kill duelmasters without a word, pretend they will release a set with promo images etc then freeze the forums and ban anyone asking
>promise three years of OP for Dreamblade, cancel in a year and a half
>kill he a tomb before the fourth set, don’t even let designers know who get confused as well and were almost to release
>bring back duelmasters but shit it up
>add trannies gays and superhero squads to magic while discontinuing the books
Fuck them all
>>
>>66234567
>https://qz. com/africa/1234258/black-panther-breaks-box-office-records-in-east-west-and-south-africa/
>it became the highest grossing film of all time in three regions, according to a statement from Disney on Tuesday (March 20).

Compared to what local releases??
>>
>>66234849
These people are obnoxious cunts that should be avoided
>>
>>66232292
Trannies
>>
>>66234875
*Hecatomb
Which was a really good card game but they couldn’t cater it to normalfaggots and children because muh horror. Same reason magic art is getting more and more kid friendly over all.
>>
>>66234882
I 'unno. Mali has a strong film tradition while Nigeria has long tried to maintain a burgeoning film industry, but neither are going to compare to American, Chinese, and Indian media empires within our lifetime.

"Compared to local releases" would only be a relevant issue if the only imported films on the continent were those about Pan-Africanism. West African moviegoers are also watching the same capeshit as the rest of us.
>>
>>66234954
I would guess that buying the rights to show these hollywood releases is quite expensive, I don't think african theaters outside of the major cities/touristic zones constantly spend money on them but this one could've been a particular case which resulted in more people seeing it, the articles is severly lacking infos about the relative situation.
>>
>>66234849
There is a time and place for everything. For every "decent" gay character there is one Beau from CR that won't shut the fuck up about being gay. I once played with a "non-binary" half-elf who kept changing his "preferred pronoun" every two sentences thinking he's cool and was fuming when we just dropped the pretense and started adressing him exclusively as "he" just to get the fucking game going. When your sexuality defines your character, you probably should rethink your character.
>>
>>66232292
They got into this habit of constantly updating editions. 1st -> 2nd -> 2.5 -> 3 -> 3.5 -> 4 -> 5
Any edition has it's problems. No system is perfect, however you can build a brand with quality supportive material. 2nd edition had a lot of content. Planescape, Birthright, Darksun, Spelljammer, Ravenloft. They listened to the audience and responded with fresh content, and new spins on the material. Now they just produce systems and recycle the same supportive material. "OH LOOK THE 5th EDITION PSION!" Shit gets old quick. Just stick with a system and support it properly.
>>
>>66234803
It was to explain my point: making something inclusive to a certain audience is making a part of the hobby that they feel will talk to them.
Black panther is a good example of that with the black community. That's all I meant.
I wouldn't say RPGs are not "inclusive enough", just that Black Panther is a good example of an inclusive addition that works very well.
>>
>>66234941
Hecatomb also had the disadvantage of being hella expensive to produce (compared to normal TCGs), because of the transparent pentagonal cards.

I'm still sad too.
>>
>>66235160
I just wish somebody would finally pander - or be "inclusive" - towards me and my culture. Nobody gives a fuck about slavs. It must be a nice feeling.
>>
>>66233674
>WotC is utterly dominant right now. A better question might be “what’s wrong with you, anon? Why don’t you want to go play a game with your friends?”
See if a company is guilt tripping me for not using their products I can make an educated guess how much money I'm supposed to give them.
>>
>>66235160
Thing that kills me is: WotC and Crawford especially, keep going on and on and on about "inclusivity" and everybody having a place at the table. At the same time they still haven't translated their books into Polish, Russian, Japanese and IIRC even French translations are way behind. I want to play with my friends who would be willing to try DnD but are not very fluent in English, so they will never be able to read PHB ever. How's that for oh-so important inclusivity? Maybe instead of patting yourselves on the backs for putting a tranny elf in a module, start with the basics, huh?
>>
They stopped making Axis and Allies miniatures
>>
What utterly disgusts me about wotc is their idea that we're supposed to idolize their managers and talk about them in our free time instead of talking about the games.
I can only assume their employees and contractors are treated the same way.
>>
>>66233165
Inclusive means "change to include me, or get kicked out of your own hoby." Normies are the most exclusionary group out there, they refused to let anyone have anything that doesn't cater to them.
>>
>>66234082
I started with a massive monster fetish and worked back from some bestiaries I was fapping too.
>>
>>66235463
>At the same time they still haven't translated their books into Polish, Russian, Japanese and IIRC even French translations are way behind

What? The translations were being worked on back in 2017

>http://hobbyjapan.co.jp/dd/products/

For example, the Japanese translations.
>>
>>66235724
And most of them never went anywhere.
Polish translation haven't seen the light of day up until a week ago, when Polish PHB was released. We are still missing 90% of the books, won't ever get them translated and nobody gives a fuck. I think the Russian translation was flat out cancelled.
>>
>>66235463

That's not really comparable. Translating tens of thousands of words into half a dozen languages and 'Having a transgender character' are not massively different in terms of scope for a company to manage.
>>
>>66235758
>I think the Russian translation was flat out cancelled.

Russian was never part of the initial lineup of translations. French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Polish, and Portuguese were the planned ones to start.
>>
>>66235794
Well, as a customer I don't care. You have time to pander to trannsexuals and I just want to play a game in a language I understand. I guess virtue signalling is easy, putting some actual effort to introduce some meaningful fanbase into the game is hard.
>>
>>66232292
what didn't
>>
>>66235160
I just saw Black Panther the other day, but isn't its message basically that American blacks ruin everything by making it all about their problems? Ain't that some representation.
>>
>>66235392
Check out GWENT.
>>
>>66235912
Made by slavs for slavs. We have to do the pandering ourselves.
>>
>>66235160
Black Panther is actually a retarded and racist movie (and I mean racist against blacks).
THe supposedly most advanced country in the world is ruled by an absolute monarchy where the newly crowned king can just declare a war with the rest of the world without anyone else being able to have a word on the matter.
That same absolute monarchy recognizes only brutal duels to the death as viable ways to replace the king, because they're African and therefore law must be tribal and primitive.
While they do have firearms with more power than anywhere else on the planet, they still primarily fight with spears and swords, because they're Africans and therefore must be primitive.
And last but not least, the plan of the bad guy hinges on the idea that as soon as black people living in other countries were given superweapons, they'd all immediately have a violent uprising against the established governments, because black people are a hivemind and all inherently violent and evil. This isn't just in the villain's devious mind though, since the heroes acknowledge his plan as dangerous enough that they need to stop him and prevent his weapon shipments from leaving the country.
That movie was terrible.
>>
>>66235931
In slaviet slavland, slavs pander THEMSELVES!
>>
>>66233165
I’m sorry but did you just imply that women cannot be conservative? Are you saying women MUST be liberal?

That’s fucking sexist you ignorant chucklefuck
>>
>>66235964
And afterwards, "woke" voices from America call slavs racist for not including enough minorities and gay people in your game.
>Polygon vs Witcher 3.
>>
>>66233165
No, more like
>high level play is now a popularity contest and "insert token players for online brownie points" in place of other dedicated players.
>>
>>66235955
B-but there are black people in it. And the movie is a celebration of an African culture. It's a first black superhero movie! The fuck is wrong with you? Don't you like diversity?
>>
How many Social Justice Bitching threads does /tg/ have a day now?
>>
>>66236072
More than quests back in the day
>>
>>66232292
self loathing narcissistic straight white males
>>
>>66233165
you people are worse than the zionists
>>
>>66232733
>Systematic attack by the left to cater to their values
W R O N G
it's the appeal to casual mass market (which happens to be politicized with left leaning bias at the moment) that causes the influx not some sort of an external attack
you might argue there is some internal subversion here and there but it would hardly matter in the long run
>>
>>66236127
Shit, quick, ask weebmoot for a new board! It will surely slove the problem!
>>
>>66233674
Yes hello welcome to the nu-geek wave. I'd like you to take a look at what happened when it washed over Star Wars and GoT. Big spike in popularity followed by horrible crash in quality.
>>
>>66236316
So you admit that the left is trying to do everything it can to corrupt all pop culture & media?
>>
>>66232292
Went from
>We get to make games and earn enough money to make a living off it
To
>We get to make money
>>
File: YQ3k0PC.gif (966 KB, 500x281)
966 KB
966 KB GIF
>>66232292
Once upon a time, a guy called Richard Garfield made a card game for children. His ass was bought out by a company called hasbro, who hate fun and love money.

Hasbro introduced a pay-to-win attitude with the Reserved List and Mythic rarity, by against their own words, catering to the secondary market. The game itself has changed from interactive to non-interactive, card art has changed from painstakingly created paintings to generic CGI pieces of shit and Lore/World building has been abandoned in favor of cheap Superhero bandwagoning.

The audience for Magic has evolved and is now split between professional players who are getting fed up with how dumbed down it's gotten, fat neckbearded men who hate women, fat neckbearded "women" who hate men and card hoarding assholes. WOTC hate themselves the most, because they're being yelled at by everyone and have to attempt looking like a real business. Which is hard, when the closest anyone from that company has ever been to a university marketing class was by standing outside of the building.

The only people who are actually having fun with this game, are 8 year olds who buy starter decks at their local Walmart and the MTGfinance people who make sure that these 8 year olds (and nobody else for that matter) will never pay less than 40$ for a full art basic land.
>>
>>66232733
Digits and epic bait witnessed both
>>
>>66237148
To be fair, it's pretty much impossible to crash Star Wars any harder than the Prequels/Remasters did.

The Disneys attempted to fix the problem by pouring rainbow colored goo into the hole that was Star Wars's grave, hoping the corpse would float up.

It didn't.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (779 KB, 2109x858)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
This is where it all went wrong!
>>
>>66236127
Whenever you ban one form of shit thread, another, even shittier one rises to take its place.
>>
The greatest irony of /pol/, I think, is that when reddit purged forums like r/chimpout, we were overwhelmed by refugees who refused to assimilate, and refused to adopt our values.
>>
>>66235160

For the autists out there who don't understand the point anon is trying to make.

You are a white, straight male (statistically). When you sit down to play TTRPG, you probably play someone who looks like you. Even the rules are based on your culture's fiction.

A black kid (even one who for argument's sake loves Tolkien), has no real precedence for playing a character who looks like them. He might love Legolas - how many black elves do you see? He creates a black Legolas, maybe posts some fan art, he'll get shit on. There's even fewer characters who are from his (ancestor's?) culture.

However, if they open the rulebook and see some art of someone who looks a bit like them (or how they'd like to see themselves), that can help them feel a little more at home. Bonus points if they're not just a human from the "Summer Isles" or whatever your setting's not!Africa is.

This also makes more money, as you've expanded your playerbase. There's no grand SJW conspiracy.
>>
>>66238032

and inb4 "Oh but your character's skin colour shouldn't define them", how many of you have genuinely played a character who has different skin colour "just because" in a game? I want to play a character who is a little like myself, who I can relate to and yes that includes appearance & ethnicity.
>>
>>66238073
>>66238032
These people arent arguing in good faith and you are wasting your time reaching out anon
>>
>>66238093
I know, but if I make even one person think, then I've done my part.
>>
>>66237320
>corrupt
>pop
Dude, contrary to what the Mainstream Media, and /pol/ will tell you, in general the center-left os most people.
Both have a vested interest in making you think otherwise.
>>
>>66238164
Most people are in the fucking center retard. While most people are okay with voting liberal because sure why not support most freedoms, most dof o not LIVE a “liberal” lifestyle not do they hold liberal values.
>>
>>66232733
>RENT FREE
>>
>>66238073
Character skin colour should not define them.
I played orcs, drow, lizardfolk, catpeople, goblins, robots, men and women back in my day. Skin color is one of the least important traits in a fantasy setting, where you can play as a fucking talking bear. Not everything in this fucking world revolves around ethnicity. Also, I'm Polish. Know how many pieces of western media pander to me? Fucking none. Nobody even knows where Poland lies and I learned to live with the fact than I will never be acknlowledged in western media because that's just how things are. And no - I cannot relate to a run-on-a-mill American, just because he's white or something.
>>
>>66238111
Even if no one changes their mind, having a visible non-idiot presence on the board at minimum helps to prevent non-idiots from bleeding away.
>>
>>66232292
>A west coast company
>>
>>66238032
If my current 5e character is a middle eastern sorceress, my previous character was a asian ninja based off of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, character before that was a drow bard (female) of Eilistraee (she was sadly eaten by a draegloth, poor thing) and my very first D&D character was a ripoff from Thrall in WC3, does this mean I play D&D wrong according to you? And yes, I'm a "straight, white male" whatever the fuck this means.
I play characters that I find visually and narratively appealing, not the ones that "looks like me" the most. What sort of dumb argument is that? Why would I want to play a skinny nerd in glasses?
>>
>>66235826

Yes, writing a dozen words is harder than translating tends and hundreds of thousands of words. That's sorta obvious.
>>
>>66232292

Leftists who view the personal as political and want to fracture our greater culture by villainizing straight, white, Christian men.
>>
>>66238288
Anon, they generally hold liberal values, the vast majority are pro-union, don't give a shit about muh race realism, actually think the mainstream media has become party propaganda to the point the major networks either go full retard, or tell their faggots to pull back.
Hell, the oh so bad Disney Trilogy has still made back every last cent and them some.
>>
>>66238298
>DEFLECTING
>>
>>66238937
>who view the personal as political.
At least they're honest about it Pogo.
>>
>>66232292
Tumblr and the fact that watering down rpgs for idiots sells more
>>
>>66238032
>>66238073
I'm a darkie who got his start in AD&D back in 97
My first character was a dwarf because fuck yeah strong tough mother fucker who can smash the shit out of people.
That was more or less an on and off dungeon crawl campaign DM'd by an older cousin at family reunions.

I would later get involved in a tabletop club at school where we played D&D, and I played a human paladin of some sun god that believed in purging the undead/unclean.

From there I would join another gaming group, and prior to becoming one of the head GMs for this group, I've played orcs, half-elves, human women, drow, aardvarkmen, half-dragons, dwarves, religious zealots, militant atheists, people from the setting's equivalent of asia or africa, non-white people who are second or third generation to the area the campaign is in, drugged up super soldiers, cyborgs, alien parasites, and more I'm probably forgetting in the however many campaigns since then.

That all said, I do agree that a little art doesn't hurt anybody, but I also think we're too afraid of pushing people out of their comfort zone in roleplaying things that are different from them. Then again, we did have a thread just recently addressing the fact that a lot of people are uncomfortable with fantasy religions because the idea of pretending to follow a god in a game is uncomfortable to them.
>>
>>66233185
You’re not actually contradicting him, y’know.
>>
>>66235392
people love metro and stalker though
>>
>>66239150
>pushing people to roleplay new things

You mean like all the terrified white nerds itt shrieking about there being a minority in the game?

Yeah I agree they need to branch out
>>
>>66233165
>inclusive and friendly behaviour
Holly what the fuck?!?
Before SJWs, we didn't have many girls at the table because we couldn't get them to come despite our begging. We always had people of different ethnic backgrounds. Sure, white males made up the majority of hobbyists but the tables were open to anyone.
After SJWs, the unicorn puke haired activists shit all over us and said that white men are the problem. Now it's always about "inclusivity" to the point that most people are uncomfortable. It's always the first issue to the point of driving out good stories and interesting NPCs. Tables are combative and virtue signaling. I have angry trannies flipping the table and screaming because I don't want to run ERP for them. (I don't run ERP games at all)
Fuck off with your false righteousness and your crusade against innocent people because they look like the devil you created in your imagination.
>>
>>66239401
lol this is so blatantly made up
>>
>>66239391
You haven't play a RPG in your life, that's for sure. The only one who cares about minorities at the table would probably be you.
>>
>>66239401
Anon, you want to know how I know you're an immigrant that refuses to assimilate?
>>
>>66239401
>(I don't run ERP games at all)
Then why are you currently jerking yourself off over imaginary situations?
>>
>>66239427
I wish it was made up. I really do.
>>
>>66239463
I'm intrigued, tell me.
>>
>>66239401
Yeah you sound like a real winner that women, minorities, and people who bathe regularly are just tripping over each other to play with.

You're just another mad white boi who's butthurt he can't be loudly racist and sexist in public anymore. God forbid you have to actually treat people who don't look like you with respect!

Go back to your windowless basement with the other chuds and cry about those mean cruel normies stealing your hobbies by expecting you to act like it's 2019 instead of 1919.
>>
>>66239515
Back to fucking reddit, you piece of trash. If you can't see how the far left are actually the racist and sexist, then you are too delusional for human interaction.
>>
>>66233674
>The recent MTG sets are some of the best in years, they finally have a first-class online client that’s on-par if bot better than their competition, and their closest competitor in the West shut down last year.
Dominaria was only good due to Garfield's involvement. IXL anfd GRN blocks are mediocre at best. WAR limited is a shitfest and standard is shit right now. UMA might have been able to be called a "good set", if the price point wasn't so fucking disgustingly greedy.
And wow, the Arena client is roughly on par with Heartstone, Eternal, Shadowverse, and Artifact from a technical perspective, but has a considerably greedier in game economy than any of those (except maybe Artifact?). WotC was comically behind the curve in this field for years, and they're maybe just on-par? It's not really impressive.
>>
>>66239515
>You're just another mad white boi who's butthurt he can't be loudly racist and sexist in public anymore. God forbid you have to actually treat people who don't look like you with respect!
>
>Go back to your windowless basement with the other chuds and cry about those mean cruel normies stealing your hobbies by expecting you to act like it's 2019 instead of 1919.

Local redditor opens up movie house with state of the art projectors
>>
>>66239498
First of all your unicorn puked haired activist part. We all know that's made up since they tend to fall into the same category as That Guy, maybe show up a session or two, then get booted.
Second you sound plebbit smart in how you're ranting about te SJWs.
Third, unverifiable annectdote.
4th, posting political shit on the Cardboard Counters board of a Siamese Shadow Puppetry site.
>>
>>66239391
Yeah. Thinking on it, I kind of wish that the FR kept regional bonuses to reflect this.
Sure you would have bitching about people from the Savage Frontier having cold resistance or people from Chult having bonuses to being unarmored, but it would push people to play other people even if only for mechanical benefits
>>
>>66232733
Wow, I dropped this late last night & now I wake up & cant find a single counter argument against it. That’s how you recognize truth ladies & faggots
>>
>>66239608
One of these days I'll take a picture of my LGS on AL night and post it here for you. It looks like a Baskin and Robins display case for the hair dye.
>4th, posting political shit on the Cardboard Counters board of a Siamese Shadow Puppetry site.
I am very apolitical and really only paid attention when they came looking for my head for shit I didn't do.
>unverifiable annectdote
It's an anonymous board, moron. Learn to spell too or at least use spell check.
>>66239670
I know. It's all straw man attacks against a nonexistent TTRPG neonazi element.
>>
File: IMG_20190510_155932.jpg (165 KB, 1152x2048)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>tfw I have a great IRL group
>tfw we only play D&D on off weeks where our main GM was too busy to prepare a session
>tfw we will be playing at least 3 different systems across 4 campaigns, each with a different member of the group GMing.
>tfw I dont have to deal with stupid fucking grognards crying over elfgames
>>
>>66239515
>>66239608
Since when /tg/ became this self-righteosly leftist? Don't you have another five dozen genders to invent?
>>
>>66236282
You're worse than Hitler
>>
>>66239812
4chan has always been leftist
>>
>>66239748
Have you considered making friends instead of playing pick up dnd games?

The reason I cant believe this is real is because I actually have trouble conceptualizing what would motivate a person to play dnd with a rotating cast of strangers
>>
>>66239878
0_o Are you suffering from a blow to the head?
>>
>>66238093
>reaching out
Why is Twitter so melodramatic
>>
>>66238937
>who view the personal as political
Are they the one saying that a gay dude in a video game is a political statement?
>>
>>66239907
>The reason I cant believe this is real is because I actually have trouble conceptualizing what would motivate a person to play dnd with a rotating cast of strangers
It's called Adventure League and it takes place all over the country at LGSs and Roll20 all the time. It's officially sponsored by WoTC. I did it for a while but I've dropped it.
>>
>>66232292
Nothing. It's a company that is in charge of very popular "nerd" properties that have grown in popularity in the past decade, and also have to answer to an owning company that is in it's own right managing multiple franchises. Try doing that and also not making people in your fandom pissed.
>>
>>66239967
That sounds like a bastardization of the rpg experience and I am sorry to hear people are going through that
>>
>>66239812
It’s all Chinese brainwashers man, don’t give them the time of day
>>
>>66239958
When a videogame company keeps patting themselves on the backs for putting a gay guy in the game, and they gay guy in question won't shut the fuck up about being gay I guess I can consider it a political statement.
>>
>>66240009
It's actually a lot of fun when there isn't someone using it as a platform. WoTC has a bunch of short adventures design to run well in 4 hours. I liked DMing for groups of kids trying it out for the first time. It's the ones that come in and are trying to inject their false morals into everything and drag the game out with their social issues that make it not fun. The really sad part is that the AL modules are pretty inclusive and sensitive to current leftist social concerns and they still nitpick about every detail.
>>
>>66240068
I thought it was especially weird how they changed Soldier's ult to him shouting "I'm gay, and now you're gay too!" and then sending an email to your dad.
>>
>>66232733
I for one welcome the influx of sjws and faghags. The worse DnD gets, the more impetus there is to jump ship and branch out to other systems.
>>
>>66238937
>the personal as political
I want to go back before the third wave.
>>66239958
Everything is a political statement.
>>
>>66240134
If you are reliably offending new and different people with your content, I get the sense that you might be using RPGs as a platform.
>>
>>66240143
The fuck you are on about? Is this a reference I should know? I was thinking more Bioware, but whatever.
>>
>>66240243
I don't play Overwatch, but, a little while ago, a new lore comic thing apparently had a detail confirming that Soldier 76's dead-lover-to-avenge or whatever was a dude. Soldier 76 himself has a wiener.
Therefore gay.
Therefore something something Pan-African Socialist State.
>>
>>66232292
>What went wrong?
Everything.
>>
>>66233165
>inclusive and friendly behaviour
lmao are you for real?
>>
>>66237320
>the left is trying to do everything it can to corrupt all pop culture & media
no you fucking idiot, it's simply the outcome
politics is like fashion - parties and mainstream thought keeps changing and certain political biases come and go
right now it's progressive left and eventually that will be replaced by right wing bias

to begin with "the left are trying to corrupt" something makes no fucking sense
what, is the democratic party in the US funneling funding to NGO's and exerting pressure unto entertainment and media industries to have them subvert them? what are you exactly, specifically talking about
because I really fucking doubt there's a branch of a political party that plans out how children's card game should be designed to fit their agenda
sure there are some progressive elements in these companies that believe the narrative and go around shoving minorities, faggots and women everywhere they can, but eventually they will burn out and the people will get tired of their efforts
>>
>>66236052
>2019
>I am forgotten
>>
>ITT: That Guys butthurt they can't find a group turn to /pol/ to tell them they're not failures.
>>
>>66240319
Who the fuck cares about Overwatch at this point? The game is dead. This is what happens when you pander to normies with no brand loyalty and an attention span of a coffeine induced hamster.
>>
>>66239870
Thank you.
>>
>>66239913
The right-wing shit is only like five years of a fifteen-year old site's history, newfag.
>>
>>66239878
1) No.
2) /tg/ was pronouncly apolitical up until less than a decade or so ago, and actually used to get shit done.
>>
>>66235392
I enjoyed Fallout.
>>
>>66239401
It's the US, if your group isn't majority white you're a statistical anomaly.
>>
File: 1_Q6flElAVgWBAJCPEHY4iWg.jpg (179 KB, 1001x1001)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>66240366
>20 years have passed
>and yet I do not age
>>
>>66240359
People are already tired of their efforts, they just can't take a hint. They locked themselves up in their echochambers. You'd need an industry-wide crash for the companies to finally figure out that pandering to only one political option, while villifying the other is not a good long-term plan.
>>
>>66232733

This and anyone who disagrees is one of the soibois who post Critical Role generals and squeal when they roll a 20.
>>
>>66240366
>>66240555
Fuck you guys, you are ruining the Marvel narrative. You bastards.
>>
>>66233165

As a minority please stop pretending that drumming up hostility towards me through tribalist politics that destroyed out communities is "helping". You're not an "ally", you're a plantation owner sniffing his own farts.
>>
Something to do with condescendingly suggesting that making the games more simple was for the sake of women and minorities and if you opposed it you're a bigot.

Pirate WotC books. Print out cards. Do not support this company.
>>
>>66240606
lol
>>
File: 1556809533774.png (162 KB, 750x1020)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>66234495

I bet you unironically believe the President of the United States is a Russian stooge and his supporters are nazis.
>>
>>66240575
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>66240556
Corporations are not entities built around common moral ground.

They have decided that alienating anti-trans/anti-black/etc. demographics results in little enough damage that it can be made up for and more with the eyes of trans-positive/racially-cognizant/whatever audiences.

If you want to argue that these people are a worse customer base, then argue that.
>>
>>66240681
More Chink stooge, and his followers are morons.
>>
>>66240378
Well they cared enough on this website to be angry that the shooty man doesn't have sex with ladies.

Incidentally, the current big hero shooter thing, Apex Legends, has LGBT characters up the wazoo. They've even got a whole entire non-binary person.
>>
>>66240231
When I run adventures for people I don't know very well I always use published modules by WoTC. I don't offend new and different people, I offend a specific group of people who find that me having testicles and not wanting them removed a bad thing.
Seriously, you sit down to have a good time, I will do my best to give you a fun adventure no matter who you are. You start flipping me crap about me oppressing you because I don't want your 27yo ass sexually harassing the 13yo boy at the table then IDGAF if you're offended by the next thing I say.
I have run games for people of various ethnic backgrounds, women, gays, trans etc and haven't had an issue. Where I have issues is where I get some virtue police dipshit that sits down with a chip on their shoulder and starts giving the patriarchy speech before I have even finished with the adventure intro.
>>
>>66240681
That's ridiculous!

He's a stooge who supports Russians and nazis.
>>
>>66240700
Why do I have a sinking feeling that you are being disengenious?
>>
>>66240781
I dunno, man. Do you think that's NOT what these companies are doing? Because the only alternative I can think of is that they all came together with the moral intent to commit Gamer Genocide.
>>
>>66240758
I guess "baiting normies with gay" is a new company tactic. Does it ever work? Does this provide you new customers?
>>
>>66240556
>You'd need an industry-wide crash for the companies to finally figure out that pandering to only one political option, while villifying the other is not a good long-term plan.
see now you are being dramatic
any company that goes along with this shit takes the hit to their profit margins for a year or two and you will see them switching gears, no crash needed
that or some large enough company is going to become a martyr for the rest to learn the lesson - don't mix politics and entertainment, no, not everything has to be political, fucking relax

and then we'll enter another period around 7-8 years of great games, books and other mediums until things swing right wing (probably some odd puritanistic "don't touch your penis" variety) and fucks everything up again
>>
>>66240811
It worked for Apex Legends, apparently.

Even if we assume that the game's popularity was entirely coincidental to the buzz around its representation, then at the very least it didn't HURT the game. In that case, then we have a game that was inclusive and the sky didn't end up falling as a result.
>>
>>66240813
>don't mix politics and entertainment
What's an example of a piece of entertainment media from the last twenty years that doesn't have any political assumptions in it?
>>
>>66240811
There's no reason to think it wouldn't. Baiting internet randos into getting into slapfights with each other with your brand name in the middle is fifteen minutes of internet-spanning free marketing. Tabletop games follow the same law as show business: There's no such thing as bad publicity.
>>
>>66240801
They don't want the PR stink. Media nowadays and journos are overwhelmingly left-wing and militiant and will eat you alive the minute you stop pandering to them. Right wing doesn't have this much power so they can be ignored. Do you think companies care about gays, trannies and whatnot? They don't give a fuck about them. They would love to cast as wide a net as possible to please everyone and gain maximum profit. But imagine the shitatorm they would recieve from Kotaku or Polygon if you cross them for a second.
>>
>>66240911
>Do you think companies care about gays, trannies and whatnot? They don't give a fuck about them. They would love to cast as wide a net as possible to please everyone and gain maximum profit.
That's what I'm saying!
>>
>>66240896
>that doesn't have any political assumptions in it?
that's entirely up to your interpretation
the entire "everything is political" bullshit boils down to "I see everything through one or another political lense even though the creator may not have interned it to be"
I personally tried to get into cult management/themed games (Cultist simulator, Kult etc)
didn't see hardly anything political in anything I came across, you are free to prove me wrong
>>
>>66240896
None, because all media is politics since always. Are you telling me that Shakespeare plays weren't political? What about Greek ones? Art has always been like that, it's just that you now get to see it.
>>
>>66240896
There is a difference between discussing political themes and the writer having a political stance and showing it down your throat. In the first example the writer at least tries to be neutral while discussing politics. The second is pure propaganda.
I don't mind discussing politcal issues. It's the propaganda that can fuck off.
In b4 "it's not propaganda". I don't have a problem with minorities or gays whatsoever. Can you take a step back and acknowledge that Donald Trump is not pure evil?
>>
>>66240811
TT gaming, RPG or war games, are really a small niche in entertainment. There's only so much money to be had and they have been fighting over the same nerds for 40 years. WoTC tried expanding the market by going after the woke crowd and hipsters. The down side is that the new customers are combative with the old fans and they with the company are driving them away. The fad will wear off in a few years and the hipsters and pink hairs will go on to the next fad and leave WoTC without any customers at all. It will be much slower, but ultimately WoTC will do what the Star Wars franchise has done and tank. I like D&D but I'm not supporting WoTC any more.
>>
>>66241003
Yes, fucking Seneca the Younger mocking the murdered emperor Claudius. Nero faggots should just go and stay go.
>>
>>66241087
So, you are giving me an example of a well-known propaganda piece. Your point?
>>
>>66241003
>Can you take a step back and acknowledge that Donald Trump is not pure evil?
They literally cannot. So much of their identity is wrapped up in opposing the dark force that is Trump that it would take a serious paradigm shift for them to take a neutral look at it. They have concocted a fantasy "worse than Hitler" character in their heads and speech and given it Donald Trump's face. I am not the biggest fan of D.J. Trump but I hear what they say about him and I am truly baffled by where they get their ideas.
>>
>>66241154
Find me one example of how anything on the material that they put out is propaganda instead of just marketing.
Your complain is the most subjective thing on the world since you can make any stance as extreme as you want to interpret it, that's the thing about art.
>>
>>66240911
nobody reads kotaku or polygon except for /v/ hatereading it
>>
>>66241199
And yet none has done an attempt on his life. All he gets is people complaining about him.
>>
>>66241277
There have been three assassination attempts I am aware of. There's a lot of reasons not to publicize this but they are not secrets.
>>
>>66241228
Let's start with the "blessed" elves, transphobic, always chaotic evil drow and Crawford comparing Xanathar to Donald Trump as well as his masturbatory description of Waterdeep.
And yes, I do believe that D&D team themselves are not as bad as let's say Paizo in terms of social politics and most writers try to be on the level. It's mostly Crawford shoving his political/social stances into the books because he apparently can't help himself and the rest of the crew is just running with it, because they don't have a choice.
And your definition of an art is dodgy as fuck. Propaganda is not art by definition. Art allows you to form your own opinions. Propaganda tells you how you should think or else. That's the difference right there.
>>
>>66241432
And what's the "or else" that D&D threatens you with exactly?
>>
>>66232733
nice b8
>>
>>66241464
Reading comprehension sucks. Reread the sentence and come back. And stop nitpicking singular phrases.
>>
>>66241467
It’s not bait when the majority of the thread agrees with him. Granted the minorities (as always) are bitching but that’s a given
>>
>>66239670
This is definitely a post that says "I'm not at all buttmad that at least half the replies disagree with my delusions"
>>
>>66242022
You’re right. You’re post is “I-I-I’m not buttmad for being BTFO’d by this anon who totally fucking put me & my other soibois who can’t actually argue in my place & this whole thread we & my tie dyed tumblr brigade have yet to prove any kind of point otherwise”
>>
>>66240969
Do those fictional religions not in anyway relate to real-world religions, either through its similarities or the way they contrast?
Does the difference between a religion and a cult either come up or quite blatantly NOT come up?
Do the cults in these games share any similarities with real-world cults, or are they not based on anything in the real world?
If they're based on other fictional worlds, then are THOSE worlds politically charged?
>>66242156
Please restructure that sentence.
>>
>>66232292
Planeswalkers as a card
>>
>>66242672
You lefties love to restructure things from your genitalia to company policies
>>
>>66239566
Different sets do well at different things. DOM was the only one that worked on basically every level; but Amonkhet limited was a lot of fun. Yes it was almost exclusively because cycling makes draft a blast pretty much on its own, but it still counts. WAR has a really awful limited format but it has a bunch of sweet constructed and casual cards. I really enjoyed both RNA and GRN drafts as well though they suffer the usual problems of a guild set in limited.
>>
>>66232292
Hiring trick jarret
>>
>>66232733
Bandwagoners’ll shit on this, because it’s true and consciously or not they damned well know it.
>>
>>66232733
i would say that it is more the result of the easy commodification of geek culture and the inherent emptiness that comes as a result of it being a consumer culture.wanting esier and easier things the market opened up so that the middle class creative types will spurg in and they are often futher to the left at a time where the left is acendent is what you're describing
>>
>>66240606
well i'm glad that there's another minority that fucking is here to say that
>>
>>66240718
>chink stooge
>trade way
what
also that describes leafland's president
>>
You know what? I don’t give a fuck about anybody else’s politics or /pol/itics, and the time I’ve wasted shitposting or trying to resurrect not-shit setting threads could’ve been spent building my own world and developing its homebrew. From here on out, I swear by the Shining One, I’ll be writing five pages of content a day before I browse /tg/. I’ll see you emasculated, overcompensating, absolutely PATHETIC rectal-ravaging, poz-pounding, and semen-slurping FAGGOTS later, and when I do, it’ll be with a dozen PDFs of content.
>>
>>66232292

Your parents marrying their sibling?
>>
>>66232733
Nice gatekeeping asshole. Next you'll tell me you like the rules super complex so women and colored people can't play, right? UGH
>>
>>66233825
>Never read Hemingway
>>
>>66234482
Boers love it.
>>
>>66234537
It’s about to be China.
>>
>>66233674
Magic Arena is trash, son. It's BING BING WAHOO blinking lights does not mean it's good. UI is better than Online, sure, but that's a very low bar to achieve.
>>
>>66233755
Going woke is WAY THE FUCK away from the major problem for comics.

>Let's keep rebooting canon!
>Let's keep doing cross-overs!
>What do you mean this shit isn't selling because it's confusing as diluted as fuck?
>>
>>66232292
Idk but my local magic-focused LGS is T U M B L I N G towards a likely closing in the next 1-2 years.
>>
>>66232292
Women.
>>
>>66247844
Tumblr famously committed Sudoku in the last year on the altar of the Male-Presenting Nipple. Are you sure that's really the source of the anti-masturbation gremlins in your midst?
>>
>>66245814
Make sure I get partial rights to the end product because I was part of the reason you were embittered enough to do it.
>>
>>66247844
Mine is losing the (really cool IMO) owner for a new one that is pushing Magic hardcore. It's a shame. You can literally notice it when you go in when it's super busy with like 20+ tables being Magic and you're playing some niche Fantasy Flight product (that the previous owner hawked since they enjoyed it and you picked it up because it's cool) or trying to but getting pushed out because "lol this is Standard Saturday, son! This is Modern Magic Monday, son! This is Draft Thursdays, Son! This is Friday Night Magic, son!"
>>
>>66247625
Speaking of gatekeeping & that big old buzzword.

It’s not gatekeeping. Anyone & everyone is allowed into the stadium but if you want to take the field you have to play by the rules. New players coming in & suddenly crying foul, demanding that we suddenly do touchtackle or flags, or that less stellar players get an an extra down or so. All this bullshit added so that these new people can enjoy the game, but for those who made the game re left ostracized. Now the old players must accommodate this invasive species of players.
>>
>>66248226
Its not a competitive sport though its a group activity for 3-5 friends who can write or rewrite whatever rules from whatever edition of whatever they want
>>
Hasbro
>>
>>66248302
You will note that I made no direct reference to a competitive sport, only commonly understood rulings, it must be a part of the leftist mindset to think of everything as a battle that must be won, & a war fought. You see no rightists bemoaning the “loss of competitiveness” that you seek.
>>
>>66248302
There are still common rules that apply like: don't be an asshole, stop metagaming, drop the ERP, stop creating a toxic atmosphere. You know, honor system.
I've been gaming with variety of people of different ethnicities and genders with different levels of D&D comprehension throughout the years and it usually worked out fine. Suddenly with this influx of "new blood" I'm the racist, problematic one because I am reluctant to allow the obvious that guy who wants to endulge in his magical realm to the table.
>>
>>66232292
/pol/tarded culture warriors on my board, mostly.
>>
>>66248357
>crying foul
>touchtackle and flags
>stadium
>not talking about sports lol

okay retard
>>
>>66248579
>>66248357

Is this referee whistling?
>>
>>66232292

When they killed HeroScape
>>
>>66248579
Stadiums exist for more than COMPETITIVE sport, my dude.
& I admitted to referencing indirectly towards rules made in competitive sports. D&D is a non-competitive sport, but all sports have rules.

I don’t see why you keep attacking this. You are being very competitive about it, trying to “win” & such. We rightists don’t care so much as long as everyone is having fun
>>
>>66248658
>right doesnt care about winning

I guess that explains why every time you accidentally get power you continue to larp as the underdog until you can get back in your comfort zone of accomplishing fuck all
>>
>>66240401
Are you retarded? 4chan has always been libertarian as fuck. Chaotic neutral if you will.
You might just be retarded.
>>
>>66248746
It's 10 PM in LA. Go to sleep. You'll be tired at school tommorow.
>>
>>66248764
Whatever you want to call it anyone who was there can sure as hell agree it was the polar opposite of this boomer trad larping about being anti degeneracy

It was a bunch of freaks and perverts and other non conformists
>>
>>66233400
>filthy fat fucks on /tg/ spend less money
It's funny how the political entryists can't help but spit on the natives.
>>
>>66248764
Libertarian is chaotic evil.
4chan used to be against all the traditionalists who were afraid of the terrifying anarchist hacker
>>
>>66248764
They were not libertarian as much as anti-establishment and edgy. The modern /pol/shit is not libertarian either, as it's socially conservative.
>>
>>66248658
>We rightists don’t care so much as long as everyone is having fun
Not him but this is pretty dumb. I think it's obvious that right wing politicians and talking heads want to win. As for you specifically, if you didn't care about "winning" you wouldn't care about the "systematic attack by the left." You'd just go with the flow and play with whoever you liked, not complain about leftists invading the hobby.
>>
>>66250726

I'm here since 2006. 4chan was always anti-establishment, as it has been created by social outcasts that went against social norms and manchilds. The most important rule here was - nothing is sacred, everything deserves to be laughed at. Especially conservatives who were perfect lolcows because of their rigid way of thinking. Also there was no fetish or perversion that was too extreme of 4chan. You could be a nigg, you could be a fag. Yes we would make fun of you, but you were also allowed to be fully yourself.

Right now 4chan is overrun with stormfaggots. I really hoped Trump would heal 4chan, as the site should show its usual anti-establishment side and turn back to happy anarchy self. Sadly stormfags aren't going to leave and they're still shitting things up with their push for conservative values.
>>
>>66251007
>>66250726
You know you guys can just avoid hive minded bullshit, right?
>>
Partisans should be dragged out of their homes and executed in the street. I'm not speaking in abstraction here. I am talking to you. Yes, you. The guy reading this. You deserve to die.
>>
>>66234849
There’s a difference between playing a character who happens to be black and having a character who’s only defining feature is that they’re black.
If you’re character’s a faggot, then cool. Give him a backstory and unique characteristics other than he fucks dudes.
>>
>>66251058
You'll have to reach me first

*uses his dark shadow energies to create a chaos wall to block you off*

heh... overcome my darkness if you dare kiddo
>>
>>66248357

That analogy is shit because stadiums tend to have multiple things played in them, often at different levels of professionalism.
>>
>>66251229
Shut the fuck up cuck. Just admit I'm right.
>>
>>66248658
>We rightists don’t care so much as long as everyone is having fun

Alabama seems to be having all sorts of fun.
>>
fa/tg/uys, what stupid bullshit has folks eulogizing wotc for the millionth time
>>
>>66251007
Techically, the left is establishment - with left wing media, universities and corporations holding everybody by the balls, and the government is an opposition. Funny times you guys live in.
>>
>>66232733
>Systematic attack by the left to cater to their values, despite a complete lack of leftist in the core fanbase

That's only half true. I bet it happened more like this
>companie sells a product, in this case trading cards, that has nothing to do with politics
>they obvisiously want to make money, so like every other companie they are allways on the hunt for new customers
>their product is allready well known among the 13-30 male virgin audience so they are looking for new groups to target
>chad and stacy probably aren't interested in escapism so it's pointless to cater to them
>the 50+ audience may be interested in escapism but they probably can't read the small cards we sell so fuck them
>but these 15-40 yo freaks with died hair seem to love escapist shit and on top of that they have enough money to spend on our shitty product, they are as good as a custumer group as our jolly old neckbeaeds, maybe even better
>how can we make our product more interesting for these guys
>they seem to like stronk wymen who need no man, black people and rainbows
>hand rubing intensifies
>pic related

The fact that google found this image on tumblr proofs that Wotc's strategie worked well
>>
>>66251301
those things are only left wing in so far as that they need to do the minimum that way to continue making profits

if the people in charge of those things ever gets a whiff that they don't have to be nice to black people, gay people, etc anymore, they won't.
>>
>>66251359
Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>66251308
The problem with this line of thinking is that in general neckbeards and purple haired weirdos are largely incompatible. Granted, purple haired weirdos are incompatible with each other most of the time, but that's beside the point. So the more weirdos check in, the more neckbeards check out. And weirdos are a possesive and easily bored bunch. So in the end, your market did not increase, it just switched.

At the very beginning 5e had a good idea - cater to everybody. There was just enough virtue signalling to appease the weirdos, but not enough to piss of the neckbeards - and the neckbeards were catered to with tons of fanservice (look, Eilistraee's back. And Bhaal. It is all like it was before 4e. We are friends again<3).
Yet by the time MToF rolled, WotC started going full-on rainbow power to incite the purple hairs on top of introducing bullshit retcons to the beloved settings which pissed off a lot of old-school fans. Why the switch - I dunno.
>>
>>66251301
This is the lamest meme. "Leftwing" media and corporations are leftwing on some social issues (LGBT, maybe guns} and that's it. They are NEVER leftwing on foreign policy or economics. They're always center or rightwing on those. All "leftwing" presidents in recent memory have been center right (Obama, Clinton). The establishment in the US is and always has been rightwing.
This is changing right now, with the immense popularity of politicians like based Bernie, and AOC, and many other progressives.
>>
>>66251506
>neckbeards and purple haired weirdos are largely incompatible
>the more weirdos check in, the more neckbeards check out.
Show evidence of this, otherwise it's nothing more than conjecture. Those two groups don't actually play together, generally speaking.
>>
>>66251600
You live in a fun times when a socialist like AOC is being called a "progressive". Socialism in anything but progressive - coming from someone who lived through socialism.
>>
>>66251626
stfu gusano
>>
>>66251626
>socialist
You need to get out of your bubble, anon. Show me literally any evidence that she wants social ownership of the means of production. Because that's what socialism actually is. AOC is a social democrat at most, so she wants a capitalist system with an expanded social security net and more regulations on corporations. When you call her a socialist, it's no better than when liberals call conservatives nazis. It has no basis in reality.
>coming from someone who lived through socialism
Where?
>>
>>66232292
The DCI
If the competitive scene was managed by a third party like the fighting game community and early esports this shit would've blown up by now. Instead we're nearing 30 years juggling balls with an incredibly mediocre tournament scene, a casual scene perpetually displeased by card prices and a company filled with retards who care more about politics than pleasing either group.
>>
>>66232292
With Mearls being persona non grata in D&D departament, Crawford running the show unchallenged and an influx of ex-Paizo writers into D&D - everything.
>>
>>66251229
Almost like TTRPGs can be played all kinds of different ways?

See, you leftists want to hold your gay marriages & terrible music festivals in the same stadium as the original players football game, but you want to have it on the same day as the game & for the players to reschedule. You’re not happy with the stadium so you want to reconstruct it to better play to your music festivals no matter that it will interfere with the old players ability to play the field that they made to begin with.

This is what I was talking about way back at my original post. It’s a systematic attack.

First you join, then you individualize your identity in the genre instead of assimilating, then you cry foul of anyone not sharing your values, then ostracize the people whose stuff they lovingly invited to share.
>>
>>66251626
>Someone who lived through socialism
Sure thing buddy. Everyone believes you.
>>
>>66252610
>he doesn't believe there is a fuckton of 40+y.o eastern europeans on this board.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.