[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>65669656
>Reality_Matrix_merge_at_Vocaloid_concert.newsoft
>Miku_runner_shoots_up_security.trid
>Hatsune_Miku.sim
>A_new_Vocaloid_copycat.newsoft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 7892 (44% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Back in town, look what I found'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Miku_love.BTL

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>>
Lets get some discussion going
When your team goes loud how loud does it get?
>Try to break into office complex silently
>Going well till the adept glitches and triggers alarm
>"Well might as well smash and grab" Street sami running stole svu into the front entrance and booking it to the stairs
>ten minutes later mage blows a whole in the side of the building for use to get out of
>We are now probably on several watch lists with high wanted levels
>>
File: 1546053194444.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x2400)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>65700327
Fair enough, I don't play Missions so I'm not 100% on every rule change they have introduced. It's a more sensible version of the rules than is present in Grimoire though, so I'm not going to argue.
>>
>>65700454
Did you get enough shit to lay low until police gets bored or do you need to skip the down?
>>
>>65700454
Depends, but usually pretty loud. After my runner was forced to improvise a new exit route using some grenades + canisters of volatile chemicals he found he insisted everyone carry a couple of home made demo charges just in case.
>>
>>65700752
The campaign is already kind of roving sense none of us had particularly good life styles or contacts. We headed for the Pueblo council and have been doing light work with smugglers and shaman tribe the fixer is throwing our way. The mage hates it but seeing as he is probably what made us priority targets he is sitting on it.
On the plus side next time we need to pick up and move we have enough smuggler friends to get us into Sioux without to much problems.
>>
How much of a shithole is SR africa? Can I walk around in obvious combat armor with a golden LMG and diamond teeth?
>>
>>65700998
I don't care what the answer to the first part is, you can absolutely do that. If anyone challenges you, kill and eat them.
>>
>>65700998
A swath of it is literally an empire of cannibals. There are war zones with no real Geneva conventions just like real life but full of free spirits. But if you have armor and bling you might just look like a warlord enough to go around without problems.
>>
>>65701056
So kind of a mix of District 9, Blood diamonds and Lord of war?
>>
>>65701154
Pretty much.
>>
>>65700454
Runner-Corp etiquette says that causing excessive collateral damage on either end is in poor taste. The few occasions someone ordained to violate this basic principle essential to maintaining civilized espionage, the result has been less than ideal.

>Doing a run on a small PensoDyne facility
>It's a Hooding job since we'd recently gone a bit overboard with casual war profiteering and it was starting to hurt our rep
>Snagging medical supplies to restock a local clinic, nothing big but still quite illegal
>Grab the goods
>Ready to go, patrols KO'd, cameras looping, no signatures left behind
>Everything is going well
>Too well
>About to hit the back stairs back to the lobby when a night shift janitor stumbles out of the bathroom coming down off a snuff BTL
>And the first thing his hyper-alert mind is able to process is an elderly troll in stolen SWAT gear, a robot horse, and a magically active Char Aznable cosplayer in the process of boosting 20k nuyen worth of antivirals
>mfw
>He bolts down the hall like he'd just seen.. well, like he'd just seen an elderly troll in a stolen SWAT uniform, a robot horse, and a magically active Char Aznable cosplayer in the process of boosting 20k nuyen worth of antivirals
>Screaming and sounds of high-velocity gel rounds hitting nothing but drywall alerts the security spider, who realizes shit has gone down when his security system shows the janitor he'd just watched sprint though the hall screaming sipping coffee in the employee lounge for the seventh time tonight
>The distinctive sound of several freshly deployed dobies shooting out from behind tasteful portraiture of distinguished looking Literally Whos fills the air, and they quickly lock on to us
>Now remember when I said our reputation had been less than stellar?
>It was apparently worse than I thought, because the targeting autosoft instantly identified us as "Domestic Terrorists"
>How rude
>We're war criminals, not terrorists.
>Get your facts straight.
>>
>>65697330
Bodyshop 91
>>
>>65701498
>Meanwhile, down the street an El Taco Burro truck gets a call on it's internal commlink
>The call says "WHO PUTS BLAST DOORS ON A PHARMACY?" and is then disconnected as the sound of something blowing up drowns out the call
>Message received
>As the El Taco Burro truck speeds off down the street towards the sound of sirens, an astute observer may begin to suspect that it is not, in fact, an El Taco Burro truck but rather an Ares Chuckwagon converted into an APC with an absolutely absurd amount of illegal aftermarket modifications
>Mostly because it was now shooting blue flames out of the tail pipe and a swarm of hilariously illegal warcrime drones that had just deployed from under the plastic sculpture of Senor Munch-chacho, the Dorito Donkey welded to the roof
>Back in the PensoDyne pharmacy/lab, the situation got exponentially worse as a swarm of HTR mooks swarmed the building and sealed the doors shut behind them
>The robot horse dived out a third story window, crushing several cars before sprinting off into the night down the sidewalk, dropping stolen drugs everywhere as it ran
>The troll screamed that he was too old for this as he threw the Char cosplayer, who now had several impressively well-grouped needles in his torso, over his shoulder like a limp bag of potatoes
>A high force earth spirit, taking the form of the celestial body Mercury was chucking giant rocks out to cover the escape, turning the sanitary white office-labs into something akin to a Satanic pinball machine
>You know the first boss fight in Wrath of Cortex with the giant flaming rock marbles?
>Imagine that but squishier and with more bioweapons
>It was at this time that the front doors to the clinic exploded as a festive taco truck blaring Santa Esmeralda rammed through, skidding into the lobby amid a blaze of automated gun fire and the war din of dancible Hispanic pop tunes of the mid-70's
>>
>>65701540
>A blast sounded from above as a stalagmite carved a hole through the ceiling, making way for a screaming blood-soaked troll currently in the process of spitting out chunks of dude meat faster than his platelet factories could regenerate it, chucking high-explosive rounds at everything in sight while the Evo mooks returned fire
>The drugs were lost, along with most of the blood in Char's body
>The old troll was kept alive only by virtue of being made mostly of chrome, high as fuck on every drug known to metahumanity and several known only to Blackjacks, and fireboming anything that moved
>The backup drones were re-enacting the Charge of the Light Brigade trying to keep reinforcements at bey
>The grim visage of Senor Munch-chacho, the Dorito Donkey looked down in cruel joy, rejoicing in the chaos before him
>It was at this point that the run was officially declared blown
>Piling into the back of the El Taco Burro truck, the team of mostly dead runners hauled ass
>Literally, as Senor Munch-Chaco, the Dorito Donkey had become damaged in the fighting and was now held on the roof only by two bolts, revealing the concealed drone compartment to anyone who cared to look
>And that's why we live in Hong Kong with new set of fake names now.
>>
>>65700998
Africa is a big place, chummer. You can find everything. Most of the interior is a shithole, but the coasts are pretty modern. The place was hit really (really) badly by VITAS so there's a lot less population. Most conflict is restricted to flashpoints because there's a whole load of free real-estate.
>>
>>65701498
>excessive collateral damage is referred to as poor taste.
The Sixth World is the best of all possible timelines.
>>
>>65700454
The loudest we've gone so far was the time we staged a haunting and blew up part of the orc underground, which lead to the corp we were working for basically telling us to leave now or they'd kill us all. I still think we were really the victims there if anyone, they said they wanted front page news.
>>
>>65701498
>>And the first thing his hyper-alert mind is able to process is an elderly troll in stolen SWAT gear, a robot horse, and a magically active Char Aznable cosplayer in the process of boosting 20k nuyen worth of antivirals
Stopped reading here. Its pretty clear that you're trying too hard to be epic and randumb xD. Try reddit though, they might like that shit there.
>>
>>65701684
Do you think these guys even have a chance of harming that aircraft?
>>
>>65701581
>>65701899
Fuck that guy, it was a fun read.
>>
File: Y.png (136 KB, 1383x875)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>65700998
>How much of a shithole is SR africa?

Depends. Some parts (azania, kenya, asomondo) are your basic modern, corp filled cities. Then you have a shit ton of awakened jungles and the like, and the usual war torn hell holes in the rest.

>Can I walk around in obvious combat armor with a golden LMG and diamond teeth?
In the major nations probably not. in the ethiomalian territories, nigerian kingdoms, ivory cosat, madagascar absolutely, but of course the resident pirates/warlords and other assorted scum will try and take it from you.
>>
>>65702274
>In the major nations probably not. in the ethiomalian territories, nigerian kingdoms, ivory cosat, madagascar absolutely, but of course the resident pirates/warlords and other assorted scum will try and take it from you.
I can't help but feel that they'll still try to rob you even if you only wore sack cloth and had a ladle for protection.
>>
>>65702274
>asomondo
>your basic modern, corp filled cities
Chummer what?
>>
>>65701581
Decent/10 made me chuckle
>>
>ITT African HTR team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YXAJBh0TgE
>>
>>65702188
Because you don't reload.
>>
>>65702735
After what?
>>
Where can I find the rules for buffing people via leadership checks?
>>
>>65703089
Come on anon, really? Exactly where they're supposed to be. Core rulebook, leadership section. Read the requirements, apply generous amounts of common sense and make sure to talk to your GM and the rest of your group about it.
>>
>>65703126
Is that all of it? I thought there was a supplement that covered extra rules.
>>
>>65703167
There's small unit tactics in R&G and some optional social skill stuff in CA.
>>
>>65703191
There we go, I think that's what I was thinking of.
>>
>>65703208
>There we go
Fuck off with that shit. Learn how to ask proper questions if you want to behave like that.
>>
>>65703265
Well I mean, people are usually aware of the material in the CRB. The harder parts of the game usually lies in finding specific rules from the dozens of supplements.
>>
>>65702336
>I can't help but feel that they'll still try to rob you even if you only wore sack cloth and had a ladle for protection.

true but the number of people willing to try that goes up as the value of the potential haul does

>>65702407
one of the books ( iwanna say feral cities, or maybe DT) had a section on asamondo which covered how suprisingly modern and swish it's capital is because they're consciously making the effort
>>
File: black hawk down.jpg (115 KB, 960x717)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>65702541
>>
>>65703365
>the rules for buffing people via leadership checks
are in the CRB.
>>
>>65703428
Oh no! Here come the Sudanese riggers with missiles that shoot their own cockpits!
>>
>>65703020
Making the character.
>>
>>65703412
>asomondo
>asamondo
Two swings, two misses. Still, Asamando/Nyamkopon is far from "basic modern, corp filled". Modern yes, but basic or corp filled?
>>
File: fire_bringer.gif (1001 KB, 440x300)
1001 KB
1001 KB GIF
>>65703428
>KTK-02
>02
Holy shit, they made more than one of them.
>>
>>65703438
Watch out Anon, they've got 16F rated gear on them.
>>
>>65703501
OH NO! THEY HAVE A STEEL LYNX!
https://youtu.be/qDay_vNyIxg
>>
>>65703572
>Lagosian_PhysAd_Vs_Fanti_Pirate_2069_(Colorized).trid
https://youtu.be/BymeLkZ7GqM?t=30
>>
>>65703501
That is absolutely forbidden
>>
>>65703572
>"Somalia was as strong in Africa as the United States is now in the world."
Rigger does know how big Africa is, right? Even if you are counting only sub-Saharan Africa, it's never been more than a regional power.
>>
Is there a easy way to apply a discount to something during character creation? Our group does a 10% reduction in cyberware costs at chargen, and I'm trying to find a way to do it that doesn't require creating new cyberware grades. These data files are a mess to read though.
>>
>>65703572
>>65703618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5uTo1-h20
>>
>>65703677
There's an option to add a price reduction field to all purchases.
>>
>>65703677
Improvements
>>
>>65703696
Now I'm starting to wonder if hackers are even a thing to worry about in SR africa. Maybe they'll just try to send you nigerian price scams and shit.
>>
>>65703852
I'd say be wary regardless, if only because the shoddy security would make poking around the grid roughly equivalent to shoving your dick in a septic tank.
>>
>>65703501
Still close enough to a gun to get banned in Australia.
>>
>>65703706
>>65703712
I must be blind, because I don't see it in the options. The reduction field shows up after chargen, but I can't find where you make it show up doing chargen.
>>
>>65704122
Sorry man, I mis-remembered. Thought you could force it before career mode. You might to add your own custom rule.
>>
File: 466957_14222357_6.gif (177 KB, 360x240)
177 KB
177 KB GIF
>>65700454
As a rule we try to avoid collateral damage and bloodshed or just fighting anyone period as much as possible since if you start killing cops left and right it usually just means that they're going to start sending stronger more heavily armed more pissed off cops at you. We also try to methodically plan both our entry our path and our exit whenever its an option. If we get busted, going loud usually just mean abandoning all subtlety and blitzing to the objective as quickly as possible before anyone figures out what's happening and then running the fuck away while throwing all manner of smoke grenades, decoy comlinks set up with trid projectors, and paint grenades filled with industrial strength super lube behind us on our way out to try to slow down whoever might be pursuing us.
>>
File: laughing vikings.png (464 KB, 500x418)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>65703696
How can anyone possibly be convinced by that idiotic charade? Even the very first tank prototypes of WW 1 were better than this because the engineers actually trid to build REAL killing machines. Even the Bob Semple tank is better than this shit. Hell, a few dindus in a detroit motor company garage could build something better than this. They literally just used firework rockets one can buy at every supermarket near new years eve.

And the "metal" is so awful even a french chauchat machine gun would shoot it to scrap. eventually.

And those pokeball "timebombs". Holy shit the somali warlods that killed the US and UN units back in the 90's were more organzied than this rabble. Fucking "Black Hawk down" militia dindus are scarier than this. Their AK47 and RPG 7 would actually WORK. Real militias would wreck this shit and loot it dead.

A longobat filled with 20 vikings would tear that thing apart with their bands, without taking losses
>mfw Loki shaman said we would see the future and only see black people and strange metal carriages. Easy loot!
>>
>>65704051
Wonder if GOD agents get time and a half for doing a shift in African grids.
>>
>>65706001
>And the "metal" is so awful even a french chauchat machine gun would shoot it to scrap. eventually.
Well yeah, .30-06 and 8mm Lebel aren't exactly weak rubbish cartridges.
>>
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>65706001
Just comes to show how equal all races truly are :^)
>>
>>65706001
>How can anyone possibly be convinced by that idiotic charade?

i mean you could literally write a history of africa and title it that.
>>
Hey, Yekka. Using Nightly 0324, and cyberfeet are giving me condition monitor boxes. Page 456 of core says to ignore hands and feet and to count partial limbs as half (Which IIRC SR rounds up).
>>
>>65700454

Well it kind of depends on who's running/playing. (We have two players who take turns GMing or playing, each with their own character who fills more-or-less the same "kill it with lots of bullets" role)

When I was GMing and other dude was playing going loud involved a 50 gallon drum of ANFO and 4 lbs of Roofing Nails shoved under the pool table in the hideout of the gang they were being paid to take out, followed by an incredibly short firefight in the streets of Redmond.

When I was playing, well infiltrating the labs containing the guy we were extracting was simple enough.
Exfiltrating on the other hand involved a very short one-sided indoor firefight with basic security, then a running gunfight down the LA freeway with HRT.
So... enough to make a big splash in the media as the "Mystery Shadowrunners" (cause, you know, LA and the whole 'livestream your runs' thing), but not enough to have kill-teams hunting us non-stop.
It kinda helps we were using non-lethal methods right up until the HRT team started shooting at us. Then we kinda hosed their engine block with ADPS and explosive ammo, before launching their vehicle off the freeway and into the ocean.
>>
>>65701695

Anyone who says they want "Front Page News" should be expecting explosions. I mean really...
>>
File: _Banana Johnson.jpg (118 KB, 600x480)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>65706566
Houston, we have a problem. My sides have just left orbit. Nice one Anon. One thing I find strange about many african cultures is their continued belief in shamanism and talismans. There are small villages in ghana that cluster around a single Internet cafe where dozens of romance scammers work. They often buy "blessings" and "help" from the local shamans. It's like scammers being scammed themselves.

Amusingly, in Shadowrun the REAL shaman scammers would quickly weed out the fake shaman scammers. Just imagine one of those fuckers strong enough to Jedi-mind-trick you into doing things or sending angry spirits after you if you fail to pay your monthly "blessing" aka "protection from angry spirits" money.

Don't have a link to the sammers and shamans in Ghana, but a general one:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46260729

Reminds me of some other african shenanigans I have read about in the past:
>faith healer claims he can tell women's futures by fondling their breasts, people believe
>man claims he cannot be stabbed due to his unshakable faith, stabs himself, dies. Last words may have been "What am I gonna do, stab myself?"

>Church preacher claims his nut milk is "holy healing juice". Hundres of women suck his dick
>World Health Organization tells people to report sick people during the latest Malaria outbreak. People think it is government fuckery, many deaths ensue

>Preacher claims to have the power of the holy ghost, knocks down dozrens of church visitors, some fall of the higher levels of the room
Link to preacher and the power of the holy ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA1jZbcssMM

>pic related is your new Johnson at the local bar. Despite his fruity appearance he has a clean record for professional conduct. Won#t even betray you if you fail your mission, unlike those two chucklefucks glaring from across the desk
>>
>>65708215
>Reminds me of some other african shenanigans I have read about in the past:

https://www.livescience.com/28015-penis-snatching-panics-koro.html

>In a recent issue of "Pacific Standard" magazine, Louisa Lombard, an anthropologist at the University of California at Berkeley, described visiting a small town in the Central African Republic where she encountered two men who claim
>It seems that the day before, a traveler visiting the town had shaken hands with a tea vendor who immediately claimed he felt a shock and sensed that his penis had shrunk. He cried out in alarm, gathering a crowd, and a second man then said it also happened to him.ed that their penises had been stolen.
>>
Does the AK-98's underslung grenade launcher benefit from the rifles accessories or do I have to get it its own smartgun and custom grip?
>>
>>65708818
they benefit from the mods on the main weapon.
>>
>>65701927
yes. spirits and enough bullets probably work. if your pilot implodes from pressure difference you 9/10 times generally are going to crash.
>>
>>65709119
I'm not even going to ask if that includes gas vents. I sincerely don't even want to know how that would work.
>>
>>65709260
>I'm not even going to ask if that includes gas vents
it does

>I sincerely don't even want to know how that would work.
same way barrel mounted foregrips, and gas vent + silencer combos do; by the power of ignorance
>>
>>65709318
My head hurts. I don't know how that could possibly happen from reading a few lines of text but it did.
>>
>>65709318
>barrel mounted foregrips
The Bren had one of those.
>>
>>65709119
What rules are you basing that statement on?
>>
>>65709318
I'm imagining maybe at the end of the suppressor? and the barrel foregrip likely has threading at the end of the muzzel
>>
>>65709404
edit: Muzzle.
>>
>>65709318
>gas vent + silencer combos
Which you can only get if the base weapon has both on it, since you can't have two barrel mods.
>>
>>65709445
I'm imagining it's used like a compensator or muzzle break.
>>
>>65709404
>I'm imagining maybe at the end of the suppressor?
wouldn't work. suppressors and muzzle breaks function on opposed principles (redirecting gas vs containing and slowing it as much as possible).

>>65709445
>since you can't have two barrel mods.
by RAW mods that come on a weapon don't take up a slot, so as long as a weapon has either you can add the other
>>
Chummer has ambidextrous quality between 1-3 but the the source book it seems like a binary quality, is this something from the expanded material I'm missing?
>>
>>65710126
Shiva arms.
>>
While we're here I suppose I may as well ask. Does the gun's smartgun camera need its own set of optics or will the connected optics carry over?
I know we follow a wizard of oz kind of logic with these things but what happens if you have upgrades like thermals and low light in your glasses while blindfiring your smartgun from a corner.
>>
>>65710163
Oh that makes sense, and saves me karma.
That also makes me think of all those art memes about useless left hand but its a guy with 3 dominant hands and one that struggles to hold a fork.
>>
>>65710208
>what happens if you have upgrades like thermals and low light in your glasses while blindfiring your smartgun from a corner
Nothing, since you're not using your glasses.
>>
I asked this on tg a while ago but I'm still curious. Im going to be playing Shadowrun for the first time and completely new to it. I know the basic rules for the most part but still don't know 100% on a build.
My party consists of a FaceAdept and some elf mage leaving me to be the primary combatant. I'm trying to make a Clint Eastwood revolver using Gunslinger Adept. Right now I have:
BOD:5, AGI:5, REA:6(9), STR:3, CHA:2, INT:4, LOG:3, WILL:4, MAGIC:6, EDGE:5
(Metatype is Human (D))
-Powers: Improved Reflexes 3, Combat Sense 2, Enchanced Accuracy Pistols, Mystic Armor 2, Boost Attribute Agility
-Skills are at a C and i don't know what to do beyond "max pistols & specialize revovlers"
-Weapons are a pair of Warhawks w/ Personal Grip
Qualities: Ambidextrous, Rapid Healing, Common Sense
we're using street level play to start off.

Questions: Would Cavalier Deputies be better than Warhawks? How badly am I gimping myself limiting myself to revolvers? Tips on Powers, Skills, etc.
>>
>>65710476
Oddly enough, I'd rather upgrade every single smartgun than accept 'it just wekrs' as an answer.
>>
>>65710539
I've never guns akibo'd before but you might want to get Firefight or Gunkata martial arts to get that close range pistols bonus.
>>
Anyone have the image for the fonts and colour hexcodes for the 5e rulebooks?
>>
>>65710700
Either that or Cowboy Way for the yee-haw bonus to shooting shit out of people's hands
>>
>>65711062
how viable is it to have a character that relies almost exclusively on handguns (or rather hand cannons in the warhawks case). From the few guides I've looked at it seems you're gonna want to get automatic weapons ASAP and use those whenever you can.
>>
>>65711109
You need to be godly with those handguns if you're going to keep up with Automatics users. A full auto burst knocks pretty much all NPC dodge pools down into the 3-6 range, allowing a barely competent decker or mage to put down a goon. You don't have that luxury, so you'll need some combination of ridiculous dicepools, called shots, and fun ammo to match effectiveness. Dual wielding revolvers is not recommended, because you really don't want to split your pool with SS weapons.
>>
If Chaotic World isn't fully resisted, does that mean the defender gets the full penalty as if the attacker got full net hits?
>>
>>65711165
What do you think does the 'net' in 'net hit' refer to?
>>
>>65711151
See this here is my primary concern, if only because im having to serve as the party's muscle. Would it be better to use the Cavalier Deputy as it's capable of SA from what I remember (albeit at the cost of some damage and armor pen.) Alternatively I could ditch the Mystic Armor Power and instead pick up Improved Ability (pistols). Then again there's the idea that I ditch this altogether and instead play an katana-using adept swordsman. That said I really want to get this to work if I can.
>>
>>65711347
It works perfectly fine. "Only use automatics" is a meme almost as tired and dead as "just hack their cybereyes". Look at the standard opposition you're supposed to be facing and talk to your GM. If they stick to the suggested numbers you'll be absolutely okay.
>>
>>65711151
>Dual wielding revolvers is not recommended, because you really don't want to split your pool with SS weapons.
It's can be useful to have one for nonlethal and one for lethal, or extra ammo if you expect fights to last long (though generally if you're shooting 12 times with SS weapons something has gone wrong).

>>65711347
Building on >>65711151, you're going to need to focus on buffing your dice pool to attack with, since you can't throw out the defense penalties of automatics. I'd consider moving one attribute point from REA to AGI for the extra dice, and grabbing a laser sight/red dot/holographic for the extra dice while running silent. Worst case they hack your targeting bonus and you can ignore it. Improved Ability (Pistols) instead of mystic armor is a good idea for street level, as long as you have an armored jacket and helmet. As a general rule, if your accuracy is less than pool/3+1, you're not going to need to buff it much, so you might be able to free up some PP there. Accuracy 7 for your pistols is super easy to get with personalized grip and one of the previously mentioned sights (laser being the lowest profile one, and best for quick drawing). Long Barrel for big dick revolvers is another accuracy boost option, but it'll make them harder to draw quick.

Ammo skips will let you change ammo type quickly even from the same revolver, allowing you to use exactly the right round you need. Get familiar with special ammo types and you can pull some neat tricks. This page has a good overview: http://www.carpeomnis.com/2016/11/07/shadowrun-armory-artillery-ammunition/

Called Shots are an option once you get loads of dice or start regularly hitting your accuracy cap, as they trade pool size for more damage or bonus effects. Some qualities (Sharpshooter, Strive for Perfection) reduce the penalty for making them as well. DO NOT TAKE BOTH WITHOUT GM PERMISSION AND CLARIFICATION, as it's unclear how they stack and some GMs consider it cheesing.
>>
>>65711347
If you want a SA revolver, look at Onotari Arms Vagabond. Better DV than Deputy, some more recoil compensation, too. No tradeoffs except for looks - Deputy looks way more badass.
>>
>>65711380
GM has pretty much confirmed that we'll be starting on weak, unarmored gangers. What im unsure of however is if that's going to be our primary opposition for a long while or for only the first one or two runs.

>>65711506
thx m8. I did consider running around with one revolver full of normal ammo and the other gel or Stick n' Shock. Long Barrel does look really nice although since I chose E for my resources priority i'd have to pretty much ditch my second revolver to get it, although I looking through more I really don't know the effectiveness of starting off with two revolvers. It would also mean I only have to buy 1 Personalized Grip and 1 Concealed Quick Draw Holster
>>
>>65711666
It's not so much about the type of enemy you're "starting with", it's more about if your GM sticks to the suggested numbers (see CRB) or of they inflate their pools. The pools of PR1-3 are quite similar, and you're not supposed to face PR5 (HTR) head on anyways.
>>
>>65711666
For the record, you need to be clear what you mean by "two revolvers". There are basically two meanings to that:

>character holds two revolvers, but shoots one at a time
groovy, cool, this guy fucks. load two up, ammo skip on each, and enjoy a buffet of murder and mayhem options

>character holds two revolvers shoots both of them every action pass
tough to build for, little mechanical advantage, and trading away what little benefits SS weapons have (high acc and DC for those precise OHKs)
>>
>>65711818
Before reading over all the rules it was Option 2

After reading over it all (mainly Multiple Attacks) it's more Option 1.

What I was thinking about was ditching the style points of holding a gun in each hand (although not necessarily using them at the same time) and instead using the money to get more gun mods. Then again style points are half the reason to play Shadowrun.
>>
File: Shadowrun is real.png (193 KB, 892x396)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>
>>65711980
Nothing prevents you from starting out with one decked out gun and the ambidextrous quality. You can always get more later on. Also, don't underestimate the value of being able to hold a gun a knife at the same time. You'll be ready for anything.
>>
>>65712117
Yeah. Srry if im a bit unclear about all this. Im still somewhat new and trying to get everything organized. When i asked about this earlier on tg the guy mentioned a Smartgun or Smartlink mod (which doesn't stack with laser sight or holographic) Doesn't Smartgun require the cybereyes implant. I know someone earlier in this mentioned that its a dead meme but im still somewhat concerned about getting cyber eyes only for them to be hacked or bricked or something (escpecially considering we don't have a Decker in the group). It would also prevent me from getting the Hawkeye quality, for what it's worth.
>>
>>65712198
Hawkeye is not worth it, forget about it. If you want the benefits of a smartgun you'll need a smartlink. That one can be built into cybereyes or you can get it as a retinal modification. Both cost essence and thus magic. You can get partial benefits if your smartlink is external (i.e. in gear, like glasses). Now, your smartlink does not have to be wireless on. Your smartgun has to be. Your smartlink has to be able to communicate with the smartgun though. Usually you have a datajack wireless and the smartgun wireless. If you don't want ware you could use wireless glasses and a wireless smartgun. But at that point you could just drop smart altogether and just use a wireless laser sight. If you don't go for ware (smartlink and datajack) make sure to pick up some trodes for a DNI. You never not want a DNI.
>>
>>65699613
Favorite five-or-fewer word commands for Commanding Voice?

The best I can come up with is "Drop your weapons and freeze!"
>>
>>65712095
>saturday night spepcials are real ???
It's named for the 'Saturday Night Special' category of gun (i.e. small and cheap), so yes it does resemble a real-life version of it.

The weapons in SR in many cases are named after real weapons, because the real weapon-names are protected and it costs money to put them in a game.
>>
>>65712689
Strip naked and bend over.
>>
>>65712689
"Bitch sit down, be humble"
>>
>>65712689
"HALT!"
>>
>>65712689
"Suck it."
>>
>>65712689
"Commanding Voice, not mind control!"
"Use the German rules, omae!"
>>
>>65712689
"Be reasonable, listen to me."
>>
>>65712689
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
>>65712689
Translate Datapuls SOTA 2080, chummer
>>
File deleted.
>>65712689
SHAKE YA ASS, WATCH YOURSELF
>>
>>65714283
You're getting annoying. Could you cut that out?
>>
>>65714318
Sorry, man, that's eight words.
>>
>>65714332
I'm not really trying to play the game there, I'm telling you what I think about your posts.
>>
File: 1547723719510.jpg (484 KB, 1920x853)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>65712689
"Look behind you, cyber zombie!"
"Cease fire, I'm Lone Star!"
"I'm good, ask someone else."
"Go ask your boss."
"You don't need my SIN."
>>
>>65711546
>thinks the gun with weird flat grips and Webley-Fosbery style cylinder grooves that don’t do anything is cooler than what is essentially a Mateba Autorevolver.
The only thing the Deputy has going for it is that the big rectangular barrel and ejection-rod lug.
>>
Yekka, the newest update broke the character roster again.
>>
>>65714982
Don't really care for grooves, but the barrel is neat and the arch of the grip is somehow more interesting. Anyway, Custom Look solves that problem...
>>
>>65700454
>When your team goes loud how loud does it get?
Street level game. We were hired to retrieve a girl and her kid very quickly - no defenses, no protection, nice easy milk run. In and out.

It turned out that 5/8 of the people inside that stuffer shack were fully armed shadowrunners. I think my GM hates us because we've run through this scenario hundreds of times and we keep ending up seeing stranger and stranger enemies.
>>
>>65715117
>we keep ending up seeing stranger and stranger enemies.
So what was the weirdest it got?
>>
>>65715117
>Your team has run the Food Fight so much the fixers all call you the lunch ladies.
>>
>>65715117
Wait. Did your GM literally make you play the attackers in Food Fight? That\s hilarious.
>>
File: 1554413790992.png (333 KB, 777x442)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>65715117
>We were hired to retrieve a girl and her kid very quickly - no defenses, no protection, nice easy milk run. In and out.
Wait...
... You were playing reverse Food Fight?
>>
>>65715163
>>65715168
What, you've never played reverse food fight? It was my first food fight myself.
>>
>>65715205
Thinking about it, that makes more sense for runners to be doing a forcible extraction/retrieval as opposed to hooding/protection.

inb4 edition/narrative war
>>
>>65715382
From a Stuffer Shack? Chummer, you're either flying low or your morals are low enough to bother grabbing someone for a few (probably sub-10k) nuyen.
>>
Any tips for staying on good terms with the astral realms? Besides not molesting my spirits for fun and profit, obviously.
>>
>>65702188
Haven't figured out root cause, but I know it goes away if you reload the character.
>>65703677
The fuck is 10% going to do?
>>65707539
Must've been overlooked by the other guy, sorry. Will be fixed in next build.
>>65710722
This help? https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1Btutr4Ff
>>65715005
Is fixed.
>>
>>65716193
>Future Robby Ghost rider.
Fuck that makes me really want to play some kind of car shaman with mentor's mask to just always have a magic car rolling around killing people.
>>
File: file.png (2.06 MB, 1800x1033)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>65716222
Well, there's those stupid vehicle spirits. Not really accessible by normal circumstances, but some weeb GM'll probably let you get away with being a Dulahan knockoff.
>>
So after reading the rules, I still don't really know how nanoware works. Specifically hard nanoware: The hard nanohive can supposedly rejigger your hard nanites to be something else, yeah? So how do you get that template? Does it cost the same as an injection of the appropriate nanites at the rating of the hive? Do you keep the old template? Can you just buy a rating 1 nanoware injection and have your rating 3 hive boost it up to rating 3 over the course of 2 weeks? Please help anons, the rules are very unclear but nanoware seems like something which could be really cool.
>>
>>65715149
>what was the weirdest thing you saw
Let me tell you, it was weird. There was one team that was this uniformed weirdo with a facemask on, a geriatric troll in HTR gear, and some full body cyborg with liminal body or something weird like that.
>>
>>65716193
Thanks, I was trying to mimic the formatting
>>
>>65716608
That's pretty out there Anon. Reminds me of the time my team had to chase a mid-priced ethnic food truck that was fleeing the UCAS.
>>
What's the best contact you or a player has ever come up with? Most memorable, most badass, most useful, funniest, whatever. Just your general favorite.
>>
>>65717534
Johnnie "Fink" Bailey, the absolute definition of scumbag lawyer. He was a smug, spiteful, lying, manipulative, backstabbing piece of shit. He was also on our payroll and used his absurdly huge network of blackmailed mid-level bureaucrats to get our team out of legal ramifications. He was almost comically siimey, implied to be involved in everything from organ legging to tax evasion, and as long as his fee was paid (+20% for immediate service, plus a filing fee, notary fees, surcharge, taxes, consultation premium...) he would crawl out from whatever hole he was hiding in and do something to send the local legal system to hell.

Unfortunately, he could't get us out of everything, and eventually our infiltrator got pinched on charges so blatant even he couldn't bullshit up an out.

So he joined our team temporarily to help us spring the infiltrator. As it turns out, he was a 6 MAG social adept with 12 points in Disguise, Impersonation, Con, and Intimidation, a Social limit of 14, the Seducer mentor spirit, and had Dark Magic listed as his tradition of choice.

The moral of this story is: all lawyers really are evil, some of them are just more blatant than others.
>>
File: dodged a value there.png (12 KB, 712x318)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Yekka, Yekka, Yekka!

Under improvements, I tried adding a dodge bonus due to danger sense, but it's not giving me a field to enter a value, and "action dice pool modifier" refers only to the stun condition monitor?
Is the improvements tab still under development or something?

It'd be nice if there was an easy way to put in a "sustaining spell" improvement penalty, too.
>>
>>65716351
I'm pretty sure nanohives are just there to give your characters CFD at this point.
>>
>>65718934
I'm pretty sure you haven't read the rules and are just talking out of your arse.
>>
>>65716608
Kek
Nice call back
>>
>>65717534
We once accidentally stumbled upon a recurring contact that was a morgue worker that allowed you to have some "personal time" with the dead for a fee. Ended up being relevant in a number of sessions, and while he might have been a creepy necrophiliac pump, he was a pretty okay dude.
>>
>>65700454
We once dropped the target of an assassination out of a VTOL, strapped to a baby grand piano as part of a guerrilla rock concert. Likewise, I always bring along a few grenades of retro, just in case. When we go loud, we go LOUD.
>>
>>65716222
I'd probably instead do a Dedicated Conjurer to get access to Automotive Spirits, and then combine it with Channeling in order to summon in a your Demonic Hell-Ride with you in the driver's seat as you rock and roll around town.

...y'know, that actually sounds like a fucking amazingly fun character. And since you don't have Elemental Weapon or anything too absurd on the line-up, it would be pretty solid and not too cheesy. Power list for Automotive is pretty solid.

>Basics
Accident, Evasion, Maneuvering, Materialization, Sapience
>Optionals
Aura Masking, Haunt, Movement, Natural Weapon (any machine gun, but motorcycles only get LMGs)
>>
>>65719498
>I'd probably instead do a Dedicated Conjurer to get access to Automotive Spirits, and then
not find a GM.
>>
>>65719583
If you're coming to the table with a memey Ghost Rider build, I'm not going to turn you down for using Dedicated Conjurer purely as a means to get access to Automotive Spirits. Especially if you're planning on being a one-trick pony and only calling on Nighthaunter.
>>
>>65719583
>implying it takes Dedicated Conjurer to break shaman
>>
>>65719583
Isn't taking Dedicated Conjurer actually a self-nerf to any full mage or mysad?
>>
>>65719720
Need some reading glasses, chummer?
>>
>>65719821
Pretty much. And given that a vehicle spirit just gets a machine gun as its weapon, it's vastly less powerful than your standard normie spirit using elemental weapon to throw out an attack of approximately Force*2+2 to hit with a DV of Force*2, AP -Force, plus elemental effect.
>>
>>65719909
Shit, that build might actually make me play a conjurer, then. I hate how overpowered spirits are, but a machine spirit seems less broken and I can just be a mysad who rides sentient bikes.
>>
File: Pimpdaddy.pdf (103 KB, PDF)
103 KB
103 KB PDF
>>65717534
Professor Pimpdaddy
A human with expensive tastes and two buses that can be parked together and connect to become a classy whorehouse. He operated in the Barrens and had lots of friends. He was all about style and had a golden long barreled Predator as part of his distinctive look. He tried to stay legit, other than sex brokering.
>>
>>65720099
Now you just need Antipathy and a high Pistol skill.
>>
Trying to use Dedicated Conjurer to circumvent the special Wild Spirit rules is a good way to get a kick to the gonads.
Same for all the other special spirits, no matter if toxic, blood, bug, shadow, shedim, or the especially retarded anarchs and blackjacks.
The quality is fine if you use it to get access to "normal" spirits that just aren't on your list though.
>>
>>65720360
I'm already playing an Antipathy gunslinger right now... Figuring I might actually go the other way around next time and play a wiseguy.
>>
>>65720379
Neck yourself, antifun grog.
>>
>>65720414
Grow up? Maybe at some point you'll learn how to have fun without abusing loopholes.
>>
>>65720503
It's not abusing a loophole if it actually weakens you and mostly just does stuff for style instead of power.
>>
>>65715016
the most stylish revolver is the Black Moon, but you pay a LOT for that style (and +1 to accuracy and recoil comp vs a Vagabond)
>>
>>65720503
>abusing loopholes
>using existing rules to allow people to play underpowered but fun builds
>>
>>65720535
>>65720579
Anon's right. Applying dedicated conjurer to wild spirits is a loophole. Even Willoughby the incompetent freelancer who wrote it publicly said so. It's meant for normal spirits (like adding fire for a shaman or beast for a hermetic), not for the special shit. And yes, bike spirits with light machineguns don't really break anything. But the same summoner can also summon aircraft spirits with assault cannons. And in the end it's not even about balance but about "circumventing the special Wild Spirit rules", as anon said.
>>
So, just for theory sake, what’s the absolute highest you can get your dicepool for a weapon at chargen? So far I have 10 agi (7 natural on an elf or oni + rating 3 used muscle toner) reflex recorder, smartlink, and brand loyalty. Anything I missed?
>>
>>65720815
Specialization. Something that turns that +3 into a +4 (drugs? magic?). Metagenic bullshit. Nocturna instead of elf/oni. There's more than that. But, why?
>>
>>65720815
-Take Aim
-Edge (push the limit)
-Weapon Foci
-Teamwork / Leadership "Direct" action bonus
-Skill ranks and specialization
-Exceptional Attribute(AGI)
-Genetic optimization(AGI)
-Nocturna elf (8 max AGI)
>>
>>65720559
But -1 to AP, and you can still get that recoil comp on Vagabond by getting Electronic Firing. Vagabond is superior, unless you somehow need more than 9 ACC on your revolver. If you do, well, yes, Altmayr is probably better for you. But right now my limit for revolvers is 11, and I'm not sure I will ever throw enough dice to make it work out.
>>
>>65720977
>my limit for revolvers is 11
Why? What's your pool size?
>>
>>65720940
Two cyberarms with relevant weaponskill optimization. If you can talk your GM into letting you optimize legs for it too, you can get another +1. Maybe spin some shit about optimized posture, firm stance absorbing recoil, all that shit?
>>
>>65721030
Basic guns have ACC 5, smartlink is +2, long barrel is +1, personalized grip is +1, and I have two cyberarms with Cyberlimb Optimization (Pistols), which give me, as a pair, +2 ACC and +1 DP. My dicepool is currently 18, and will probably get to around 30 in super late game.
>>
>>65721033
Cyerarms are capped at +3, so that +1 will just bring it up to the +4 that you can already reach with boosting ware.
>>
>>65721092
Ah yes, I tend to forget that since my GM allows cyberlimb enhancements to go to 4 to keep up with other boosters...
>>
>>65721062
So the chance of getting 12 hits with 18 dice is about 0.4%.
But hey, at least you haven't wasted anything on increasing that accuracy.
Called shots are always more effective than wasting resources on accuracy.

>around 30 in super late game
You really shouldn't think that way. Have you done some rough calculations about the karma, money and downtime needed for that?
>>
>>65720940
-Sprites' "Diagnostic" power
-"Analyze Device" spell (core book)
-Adept power "Improved Ability"

I guess we're quickly running into the question of how much help the character may have from others.
>>
>>65721092
He's talking about Cyberlimb Optimization. 2 capacity, + 2 availability, 2000nY to have a limb give +1 limit on selected skill. Two with that skill gives +1 dice as well. They're in chrome flesh.
>>
>>65721236
I know, learn to read. And no, no sane GM will give you Munden QuickDraw legs.
>>
>>65721209
Yes. It's a ton, and even with reduced training times it will be a ton. But hey, maybe 200-300k nuyen later my dicepool will be about 22 or even 24 if I bother increasing Pistols! That's probably gonna take a few months of running at least, though.
>>
>>65721321
Let's run with 24. 12 or more hits with that pool is still sub 7%. A called shot to bring your pool down to 20 reduces the chance of one or more wasted hits to about 1.3%.
But yeah, like I said, you haven't done something stupid like wasting power points on accuracy or something like that, and you should be fine for a loooong time.
Just to make sure that someone asks you this question: Are you aware of the fact that you'll never need a pool that big?
>>
>>65721276
That has nothing to do with the augmented stat cap, which is what you seemed to be talking about in >>65721092. And you can reach the +4 stat cap with Redliner, so this is in fact an extra die. Extra 2 die if your GM is a permissive fool and lets you count legs as well.
>>
>>65721423
Especially since I have stacked Sharpshooter and Strive for Perfection in the most beneficial way. I am aware I will never need a pool that big, unless I want to kill someone really tough with one shot from a gun I can carry in my pocket.
>>
>>65721496
An addendum to that - I'm doing that precisely because I want my handguns to be almost-competitive with larger weapons. I'll still buy a Barret when I have a chance, but my Special Modifications will go towards my revolvers, and in the end I'll be shooting hand-loaded ADPS ammo at 11P, -8AP with no called shot penalty for -4 shots, and -1 to -3 for other shots.
>>
>>65720918
because I was thinking about how it's pretty easy to break 20 dice, so I figured "why not see just how high I can get it?"
>>
>>65721551
And you'll never need it. Go wide chummer, go wide.
>>
>>65721628
Well, actually, that might come in handy if I have to shoot a Force 7+ spirit. Hardened armor is a bitch.
>>
File: 22680_1138424400.jpg (144 KB, 669x912)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Okay, I give up, how the fuck is a troll shaman supposed to work? I've seen people do it before, I just don't understand how its possible without dicking yourself over.

>Force to waste Priority B on metatype
>the only troll metavariant with decent charisma and will is Giant so you're even more conspicuous than a normal troll
>All of them have shit Logic so you have to use Exceptional Attribute if you play any non-shamantic tradition
>Have to chose between having way too many skill points and not enough attributes or visa versa
>>
>>65721657
Karmagen.
>>
>>65721227
-Adept power "Improved attribute" too why not
>>
>>65721657
You accept that you'll have a couple less dice for resisting drain and make up for that with your body.

>>65721728
Karmagen is horrible for trolls.
>>
>>65721657
Fomorians exist as well. As do INT traditions. Yes, in general you will not roll as many drain dice as other metatypes, but you'll still be a fucking troll. And most of your magic rolls are skill + MAG, not drain attribute.
>>
>>65721757
>Karmagen is horrible for trolls.
Everything is horrible for trolls
>>
>>65721775
Can trolls actually be downgraded to a D priority without significant impact on balance?
>>
>>65721775
Sum to 10 isn't that bad for them.
>>
>>65721788
Personally, I wouldn't put them down to D, but bringing back 3e racial priorities (C - Troll/Elf, D - Ork/Dwarf, E - Human) isn't a bad houserule.

Hell, the biggest reason trolls had such a ridiculously high priority this edition was probably due to a scrapped rule about armor encumbrance that would've made their high strength a lot more attractive.
>>
>>65721826
How'd Elves get away with being Priority D?
>>
>>65721856
Elf bias or the aforementioned armor encumbrance rule which gave a pretty significant boost to stronger characters.
>>
>>65721856
Keeb lobbying groups.
>>
>>65721856
I always thought it was because elves only got a couple free attribute points and lowlight, while trolls get 5 or 6, plus thermo and dermal plating.
>>
>>65714893
Lol is that a ghoul right at the bar?
>>
>>65721991
Seems like they also serve Jians. Den of degenerates.
>>
>>65719045
Sure man, it was an obvious reference to metaplot rather than rules, but you do you.
>>
>>65722122
And then you look at the rules and how they explicitly interact with that metaplot.
>>
So, with a massive expenditure of nuyen, essence, and karma, I've determined that you can get a weapon's dice pool up to 30.

Exceptional Attribute and Genetic Optimization
give our Nocturna 10 agi
used muscle toners up it to 13, and attribute boost gets it to the max of 14

6 ranks in pistols, +2 for specializing in revolvers +3 from Improved Ability (revolvers) + 1 from reflex recorder gives us a skill rating of 12

Finally we have +1 from brand loyalty (Altmayr Black Moon) +2 from wireless smartgun and +1 from take aim.

30 dice to a single weapon roll ladies and gentlemen, and there's probably even more we could do.
>>
>>65721856
Eh, their bonus really isn't that big, it's just that they get a bonus to arguably the most important stat in the game, Agility, and their minimum Charisma is high enough for non-face characters .
>>
>>65722289
>if you don't have at least 30 dice in your skill, you're a shit runner
It's confirmed now.
>>
>>65721977
The elf attribute bonuses are in two of the most universally useful stats, while trolls get theirs to a near-dump stat (str) and a middling one (bod, since commonly you're eating stun if you have good armor so it's not helping with boxes, but it still helps soak). They also have low caps on many of their other stats.
>>
How hard is it to do a true mundane (no magic or ware) that's able to hold their own?
>>
>>65723165
Drugs but if you make an exception and allow narco then it'd be better.
>>
>>65723165
Straight Edge(No drugs, no magic, and no ware) is perfectly viable, but it's very GM dependent.
>>
>>65723165
max out edge and take Revels in Murder.
>>
>>65721551
so you made an actual autistic character ?
>>
>>65723165
>muh 'just that good'
This is what adepts are supposed to be
>>
>>65723429
More like "I am the peak of natural humanity. I am completely outclassed." in SR
>>
>>65723488
>natural humanity
Adepts are natural as fuck though
>>
>>65722289
>the meme is real
What have you done
>>
How do I make BGCs more granular, especially for adepts?
A BGC aspected towards violence, for example, might have attribute boost only work properly for direct fights while it's no good for sneaking, talking, or anything else.
>>
>>65722289
You forgot aptitude
>>
File: 1448233028845.jpg (108 KB, 879x617)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>65723508
>magic
>natural
>>
Shotguns seems pretty awesome for indoors combat, do i have any other options than plain fletchette and SNS flechette? Haven't really gotten around to buying street lethal and the newer books so I'm not too sure what new stuff to throw in.
>>
>>65723876
Shotguns can fire slugs. Up to your GM if that includes things like APDS and explosive, but it should include gel and normal at least.
>>
>>65722567
Seems like the problem lies more with Strength being useless and Agility being a god stat rather than with Trolls or Elves. The lower caps kinda suck though and don't make much sense since no other metatype gets hammered this hard especially when Trolls are more expansive to play than anything else.
>>
>>65723876
>do i have any other options than plain fletchette and SNS flechette?

gel and normal for budget shooting

APDS slug for when you don't want to be bullied by vehicles

wood pulp slug for extra cheap suppression and vampires
>>
>>65724475
This wood pulp shit is starting to freak me out. I haven't run into any of them yet. But I think I'll start buying some.
>>
>>65716193
>>65716311
The BMW Trollhammer from TCT is still bugged because whoever programmed it in didn't give the metahuman adjustment a rating. When you click on that, Chummer crashes.
>>
so when using a RCC, drone dice pools are Pilot Skill + Autosoft rating right?
but what is the limit?
>>
>>65724854
They're a pretty decent option if you have, say, drones that will literally only ever fire for the suppression penalty and aren't expected to hit anyone. Having that burst cost just ¥200 instead of ¥400 or ¥1600 is a big deal. That can hit a rigger's bank account hard, especially if the cost didn't occur to them and they loaded all their drones with like five hundred ex-ex rounds.

I play sammies, and I've been trying to keep them around since my GM keeps sending vampires at us.

Though honestly if you're minmaxing your attack diepool enough you can also just called shot(vitals) to overcome their regeneration. Just remember to remind your GM why headshots work on them.
>>
>>65716311
Spirits in vehicle form already happened. The protagonist of one of the novel series had one. I think it was the guy who worked for damage Inc. Name was Wolf I think. It was mostly a motorcycle in spirit form.

One of the Wolf and Raven books even had an evil aztlan mage use his huge yacht as a magic focus. Admittedly, the rules of magic were not as set in stone back then as they are now. Which I like very much.

You wouldn't even have to stretch canon by doing this. The Novel "Burning Bright" dealt with the chicago bug outbreak and following quarantine. The protagonist had a spirit that was bount to his soul, some kind of soulmate that mostly exemplified a mirror to his own personality. The spirit mostly walked round looking like a middle age dude wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and a cowboy hat. When the ares cruise missile, armed with a tactical nuke, exploded inside the magic shield generated by the huge inset hive it was sent to destroy, all hell broke loose. The blast was contained within the shield, the area heavily irradiated and the whole interweave of magic and the real world was permanently and shockingly altered. The guardian spirit was set loose from his master, but chose to remain at his side. The loss of this magical chain or binding is discussed in the novel.

Same thing is discussed in the novel "Crimson". An elf vampire mage has a guardian spirit. Chicago happens. Again the connection is severed when the protagonist is buried under a huge amount of rubble. He goes into torpor instead of dying and is dug up a few years later. His female guardian spirit finds him again, but the bond is irrevocably broken. She chooses to remain with him though.
>>
>>65723360
Doesn't work on grunts, which most people you're fighting will be.
>>
>>65725449
What?
>Target must be put into overflow by the attack, must be aware of the danger (ie: not sneak attacks), must be a metahuman
Where are grunts excluded?
>>
>>65725589
grunts don't have a physical damage track, and no overflow
>>
>>65725346
What's with the name? This isn't Enderal at all.
>>
>>65725008
You mean when a drone acts autonomously? That depends on the action. Accuracy of the gun for firing, Sensor rating of the drone for perception, Handling rating for maneuvering, etc. If you're remote controlling them through the RCC it's the relevant limit or your Data Processing, whatever is lower.
>>
>>65725687
ty
>>
>>65725252
>Having that burst cost just ¥200 instead of ¥400 or ¥1600 is a big deal.
Suppressive fire takes 20 rounds. The price for ammunition is per 10 bullets.
>>
>>65725739
Remember that autonomous drones also have Handling as a limit for defense tests, too. Keep that in mind for fights/escape.
>>
>>65725252
That isn't how called shots work, you stupid freelancer.
>>
>>65725653
So GM bookkeeping convenience makes them not a person. And if you name them before you cut them in half it works...
>>
>>65725589
>Grunts have only one Condition Monitor, which is used to track both Physical and Stun damage. This Condition Monitor has boxes equal to 8 plus half of either Body or Willpower (whichever is higher), rounded up. All damage taken by a grunt, whether it’s Physical or Stun, is tracked on this one Condition Monitor; when it’s full, the grunt is out of action for the rest of the fight. Grunts don’t get overflow damage like PCs do.
No overflow track, no overflow damage, no Revels in Murder.
>>
>>65725879
>So GM bookkeeping convenience makes them not a person.
Noone said that.

>And if you name them before you cut them in half it works...
No.
>>
>>65725854
Not that anon, but what's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>65725657
Oh you are right. Must have forgotten to delete that part of the post formular.

Anyways, I like weird and wacko magic instead of the "yeah we got one unified theory" bullshit. Magic should be useful and strong but not as powerful as it is now. It feels like a heavy automatic I win button when your opposition does not have magic. Magic should be like pic related and less "I win, suck it normies!"

My Idea is that Ares pushes laser weapons so hard because they negate the magical protection spirits have. regular bullets have to pass a certain threshold set by the strenght of the spirit. I think laser weapons should not have that issue. They also should not have such shitty range. They should get positive modifiers to hit because light hits instantly (so no having to lead your target) and has no ballistic drop, literally point and shoot. Also full auto lasers should have no or very little recoil, as there is no physical movement within the weapon.

tl:dr Lasers should get bonuses to hit, better recoil handling and should ignore mages or spirits damage resistance. Yes, no, maybe?
>>
>>65725932
Called shots (vitals) stopping regeneration has been pushed by Aronson. It's completely bullshit.
>>
>>65725913
>Noone said that.
That's what grunts are. They exist to make it not super tedious for the GM.
>>
>>65726021
REGENERATION
Type: P Action: Auto
Range: Self Duration: Always
This power allows rapid healing of any damage a crit-
ter has taken. At the end of each Combat Turn, if the crit-
ter has any damage on either of its Condition Monitors, it
makes a Magic + Body Test, adds its Body to the number
of hits scored, and heals that many boxes of damage,
first from Physical overflow, then from the Physical dam-
age monitor, and finally from the Stun damage monitor.
If the critter has exceeded its Physical overflow damage,
it’s not dead yet. It still gets a Regeneration Test. If, after
this test, its Physical overflow still exceeds its Body, then
it’s really dead.
>Regeneration can’t heal everything. Damage to the
>brain or spinal cord (for example, a called shot to the
>head) can’t be healed this way. Magical damage from
weapon foci, combat spells, most critter or adept pow-
ers, or Drain likewise can’t be healed by Regeneration.
If the critter is damaged by something it has an Allergy
to, it can heal that damage with Regeneration, but can’t
make the Regeneration Test as long as it’s in contact
with the allergen.
5e CRB p400
>>
>>65726021
A called shot to the head stopping Regeneration makes sense though. It's explicitly called out by the Regeneration power. Well, headshots are anyways. Not Called Shot specifically but considering it's functionally the other way TO do a headshot since standard shots are center of mass...
>>
>>65725972
I agree that magic is pretty bullshit right now with how there's really no way to protect yourself against it short of having your own pet mage, but I'm not sure why someone who has a magic shield would be more vulnerable to getting blasted with a laser over getting shot with high velocity projectiles.
>>
>>65726021
Yes, but that guy isn't even a freelancer. And while he deserves all the hate he gets, to be fair, both called shot vitals and regeneration mentioned 'brain', even before the errata. First digital printing:
>Vitals: Standard ranged attacks are assumed to be aiming center mass (human torso, car engine, etc.) to allow for maximum chance to hit while also focusing on vital areas for damage. Calling a shot to increase damage means the shooter is aiming for a particularly vital area of the body, such as the brain, heart, or major arteries.
>Regeneration can’t heal everything. Damage to the brain or spinal cord (for example, a called shot to the head) can’t be healed this way.
>>
>>65726130
>I agree that magic is pretty bullshit right now
You haven't played 1-3e, correct?
>>
>>65726148
>isn't even a freelancer
But he is.
>>
>>65726104
>>65726106
There is no called shot, specifically, for the head. It is complete bullshit.
>>
>>65726165
As a matter of fact I didn't. Guess I should have just shortened it to "magic is pretty bullshit" since I didn't really have any editions in mind while I typed that.
>>
>>65726249
VITALS. How is the head not vitals?
>Calling a shot to increase damage means the shooter is aiming for a particularly vital area of the body, such as the brain, heart, or major arteries.
It calls out the brain!
>>
>>65726286
It doesn't mean that specifically, Aronson. The text itself lists other examples of where it could hit that would also count as vitals.
>>
>>65726235
Aronson/adzling is not a freelancer. What, in your opinion, was written by him? He's a fucking incompetent imbecile, but luckily "just" an errata monkey.
By the way, Goodman's original intention:
>I didn't have Run &Gun when I wrote the Regeneration power. Those referring to Called Shot (Vitals) have it absolutely correct; the intent was for that to allow you to bypass Regeneration at the expense of the +2 to damage. Signals got crossed and the wording wasn't tightened up. My fault.
Called shot vitals for either +2 DV or circumventing regeneration.
>>
>>65726249
Holy shit, how can someone be this autistic about RAW in a fucking CGL game?
>>
>>65722289
>>65720940
>>65720815
>>65711546
>>65710539
I'm so glad I saw this thread. One of the npcs I'm planning for my campaign is a reality tv star Gunslinging Adept. She works for one of the japanese corps as their answer to Ares' hit show "Pursuit Ninja", an Adept who works with Knight Errant to beat up and arrest criminals and shadowrunners.

According to the corp, she got her powers after being stranded when the plane she was flying in crashed in the Texas desert and she was trained in the ancient art of Gunslinging by the spirit of Pecos Bill himself.

Her outfit is basically a "Sexy Cowboy" halloween costume, and she pauses before and after every fight to talk directly into her swarm of drone cameras and hawk the corp's latest bric-a-brac.
>>
>>65726384
Which is really stupid because called shot (vitals) refers to a lot more areas than just the head.
>>
>>65726495
And? I'm with you, the current provisional errata go too far by granting +2 DV and circumventing regeneration. But you've got the words and the intentions of the original author right there. He also admits that it's badly worded.
>>
>>65726065
You can see it that way and be wrong if you want. I don't mind.
>>
>>65726452

>Doesn't work with Lone Star
>Doesn't have Clint Eastwood as a Mentor Spirit
>Doesn't recite Revolver Ocelot dialogue
>>
>>65726447
>how can someone be this autistic about RAW in a fucking CGL game?

He's venting frustration because his GM won't follow hyper-strict RAW like he wants
>>
>>65726821
That implies anon's playing a character with regeneration. Which means they should fuck off anyways.
>>
>>65726821
That's a lot of projection.
>>
>>65726804
That's explicitly stated in the grunt section, but ok.
>>
>>65727025
>Grunts are easier for the gamemaster to manage than other NPCs (and they’re easier for the PCs to mow down).
That's not the same as
>They exist to make it not super tedious for the GM.
And that also doesn't mean that you're supposed to face only Prime Runners, even if your GM was fine with handling them.
>>
File: 1351723209537.jpg (34 KB, 375x382)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>65714893
tfw you will never be embraced by that cute 8 ft troll on the right

it hurts to live
>>
>>65727188
>Grunts are easier for the gamemaster to manage than other NPCs (and they’re easier for the PCs to mow down).
That's not the same as

100% bullshit, those are functionally identical statements in purpose.
>>
>>65716193
Dracoform Mastery has a bad entry. It says it's HS 190 when it should be 164 like the other Drake qualities.
>>
>>65728066
I assume English isn't your first language? If it should be, go back to school.
>>
>>65728277
Anon, how retarded are you that you cannot discern the meanings of
>Grunts are easier for the gamemaster to manage than other NPCs (and they’re easier for the PCs to mow down)
and
?

Like, seriously, you have to be an actual invalid to be arguing they don't mean the same thing.
>>
>>65728277
I hate to break it to you, but "make it easier for the game master to manage other NPCs" means exactly the same thing as "they exist to make it not tedious for GMs".

That's what reducing bookkeeping does.
>>
>>65727188
>>65728277
Are you one of those guys in video games who's job is to tell people that making it easier and less complex for the casual audience TOTALLY DOESN'T MEAN the game is getting dumbed down? Because it seems like you can hold a lot of cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>65728277
There's also
>They’re most easily handled by the gamemaster in groups, with one set of attributes and skills for everybody.
>Don’t go too far, though; you should limit such specialists to one or two per group of grunts. This helps make bookkeeping easier.
>Another way to make bookkeeping easier for the gamemaster is to streamline Initiative in combat by making a single Initiative Test for the entire group of grunts
>Sometimes, even the reduced paperwork of using grunts is too much to keep track of. For situations like that, here are some optional rules to help speed things up even more:
>In fact, they don’t have their own Edge attributes at all; instead, they share a common Edge pool with their teammates. This is another means of making bookkeeping easier on the gamemaster.

Pretty clear "make it easier for the GM" is a primary factor in grunts being grunts.
>>
>>65728439
>>65728455
>>65728534
>>65728626
Looks like there's a lot of people who need to get back to school. Of course grunts make it easier for the GM to handle fights. But that's not the same as
That's not their sole reason to exist. If your GM is perfectly fine with handling large numbers of Prime Runners (and doesn't need any help with bookkeeping or tediousness) they still shouldn't throw large numbers of Prime Runners at you.

Screws are easier to hammer into a wall than spoons. That doesn't mean that screws exist to be hammered into walls easily.

Now calm down and pay attention to detail. Don't do what CGL does.
>>
>>65728788
Anon, the method they are making it easier for GMs in this case is 100% via reducing tedium.
Though, thank you for telling us that not only are you an invalid, you are incapable of reading or understanding context cues.
>>
>>65728788
>he thinks "less mechanics for grunts to make it easier for the GM" means anything other than "we reduced the tedium"

Well fuck, you just suck at discerning the meaning to things.
>>
>>65728820
>>65728849
I think he thinks that the fact that reducing tedium made the enemies easier matters, even though it is obviously an artifact of making grunts simpler(less tedious) to track.
>>
>>65728894
>it is obviously an artifact
And that's where you're wrong.
>>
>>65729392
see? my insight was correct, that was the sticking point.
>>
>>65711506
>as it's unclear how they stack
Seems fairly straightforward to me
>>
If I declare it beforehand, can I do a backwards-quickdraw on disarm checks?
I want to grab someone's gun and put it in my pocket in one smooth motion.
>>
>>65723407
How so? Seeing as I already had to face a few spirits and the only thing that could take them down at the moment was an ADPS-loaded Ares Alpha, which I can't expect to have on me at all times, Having a gun which fits in a cyberholster or just a pocket, and yet can take down anything short of a small dragon or a guy in heavy milspec seems very useful for many situations.
>>
Is there any reason I couldn't use blast out of hands with a sword?
I mean, you're just cutting the thing out of their hands. And it doesn't have a (ranged only) tag, like the melee only ones do.
>>
>>65730004
Do you apply Sharpshooter first or Strive for Perfection? Is Strive for Perfection supposed to be half (as the first half of the sentence states), or did they not anticipate the R&G called shots and it's supposed to be +2 (as the second half of the sentence implies)? Is combining them even fair?

Those are the common questions about them, since it's not spelled out anywhere. And a number of GMs feel the combo of the two is too good, being effectively a minimum +2 DV for -1 or -0 dice. Personally I lean towards Sharpshooter then Strive, Strive is supposed to be half as written, and the combo being fair is... highly character dependent.

>>65730200
No reason you couldn't. There's also an enhanced form of it that does the weapon's damage as stun in Run & Gun that's melee only, but it requires martial arts training (or the Lucky Move edge use, on page 126).
>>
>>65730445
Even if it's -1, you actually get -1 to all other shots which you might take, so it's still a net gain in all situations.
>>
Is it even possible to play a Sea Drake and use your powers without getting found out by the Sea Dragon?
>>
>>65731194
>Playing a Drake
Bad idea out the gate. Your only saving grace would be that Leviathan both hates and gives nothing vaugly resembling a fuck about the lesser races.

That being said, having any connection to killer calamari even if it's only in appearance is very bad for your health.
>>
>>65731334
The Sea Dragon already goes after just about any Changeling that can swim and recruits or eats them. Do you really think in your heart of hearts she's not going to grab a drake?
>>
>>65731194
>Playing a Drake
...makes you a pawn of one of the most powerful creatures in the setting, costs a fuck-ton of Karma and is completely unplayable unless you were already magical. Being an Adept modifies that towards "borderline unplayable".
>>
>>65731501
>...makes you a pawn of one of the most powerful creatures in the setting
Nope. Not necessarily. You're Wanted for a reason, omae.
>>
>>65731743
Let's just say that dragons can enforce that Wanted way better than most other sources of the quality.
>>
>>65731743
If you take Wanted with a Dragon wanting you, you should just an hero to save your team the hell that will descend upon them. Well, that or you just gave them a very nice paycheck.
>>
>>65730200
No, no reason not to. That's a perfectly valid use for that called shot.
>>
>>65731764
Let's just say you should try reading things again.

>>65731766
>a
See above.
>>
>>65731934
>It feels so good to be wanted, or maybe not. Though most runners are probably wanted for questioning in a few cases, this is something different. When the character takes this quality, they work out why they have a bounty or contract on their head. The bounty should be worth at least 25,000 nuyen, enough to tempt even one’s own “friends.” The character should have to frequently deal with someone coming for them or finding out about the bounty and using it against them.
Drakes are fucked.
>>
>>65732016
Please do as I say and read about drakes' situation.
>>
>>65732028
>Drake characters begin play with the Wanted negative quality (p. 159, Run Faster) without the bonus Karma from the quality. This quality can not be bought off at any point. Unaligned drakes are highly sought after pawns by the dragons and of considerable interest to corporations seeking to use their skills or study their abilities. Even the body of a dead drake can fetch a hefty sum on the magical black market because of their potential for use in reagents. In short, it is best to keep the fact that you are a drake a secret to all but those whom you trust with your life.
>Drakes come in two varieties: NPC drakes that serve the Great Dragons and their affairs, and PC drakes that have slipped the leash and live their own lives on the run from their would-be masters.
Drakes are fucked.
>>
>>65732144
Not PC drakes.
>>
>>65732158
> and live their own lives on the run from their would-be masters.
Your BEST CASE involves MULTIPLE DRAGONS. There are not enough words to describe how fucked you are.
>>
>>65732158
>" Unaligned drakes are highly sought after pawns by
the dragons and of considerable interest to corporations
seeking to use their skills or study their abilities. Even the
body of a dead drake can fetch a hefty sum on the magical black market because of their potential for use in reagents. In short, it is best to keep the fact that you are a drake a secret to all but those whom you trust with your life."

Playing a drake implies that you are -
>coming straight out of chargen with a Great actively hunting for you
>prime target for organ harvesters, blood mages, and unethical magicians
>probably have at least a few of the Big Ten ready to strap you to an operating table at any time
>can't take cyberware because " datajacks as well as all other cyberware disappear in dracoform"
>you have to get custom-made clothes, which requires revealing that you're a shape-shifting lizard monster to someone

On top of that you get to choose between
>Wasting all your karma at chargen
OR
>Wasting 5 karma now and 135 later, giving your GM carte blanche to screw you into the ground in the process

What part of this sounds like a fun time?
>>
>>65732158
They're not only mechanically but also narratively fucked.
>>
>>65732215
Exactly. They all trip on each other. It's much more manageable than if you only had one dragon to worry about.

>>65732248
>a Great
Read again.

>>65732256
They're pretty useful if you're looking for someone immune to HMHVV.
>>
>>65726384
Hey do you the source handy for this?

This will be good for me to have because my runners will be running into regen critters soon
>>
>>65732271
Yes, it's wonderful to not have to worry about getting HMHVV. It also doesn't do anything about the twelve ton flying psychic lizard coming to chewtoy you against Mount Rainier.
>>
>>65732285
You gotta work on your google-fu, chummer.
>https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26011.msg484271#msg484271
>>
>>65732306
>the
There you go again.
>>
>>65732271
>>a Great
>Read again.
Not even that anon, but who do you think creates drakes? You really sound like you neither understand what's written about drakes in 5e, nor what has been written about them since their inception.
>>
Can we not have another thread long shit-fest about the tremendous negatives of one of the over powered races actually being perfectly fine,
The "My character thinks being a cyberzombie is perfectly fine and wants to be one" last week was stupid enough.
>>
>>65732364
No worries, it's already archiving.
>>
>>65732352
I'm saying that it's manageable because multiple greats are after you. Using "the" or "a" is incorrect because you're implying it's just one, which would be very bad and hard for a PC to handle. On the other hand, if everyone is interested, they'll be doing their own things to get you, which means that you can manage it.
>>
>>65732388
>which means that you can manage it
That's cute. But hey, as long as you can find a GM to bullshit, why should I care?

>>65732364
But don't you know, becoming a cyberzombie is a DIRECT UPGRADE FOR RUNNERS!
That thread was really quite stupid, you're right about that.
>>
>>65732388
A stack of giant murder lizards is not an improvement over one giant murder lizard Anon. What the fuck are you gonna do, try that Scooby-Doo shit with the doors and hope they bump into eachother? You seem to be forgetting that dragons have a nasty habit of breaking their toys when they don't light up anymore. Doubly so if it spites another dragon.
>>
>>65732416
Hey, you want to believe in a GM that'll bullshit it being impossible to play.
>>
>>65732271
So is getting a Nephritic Screen and Pathogenic Defense. You can get both at chargen for how much, 0.9 essence and about 51k nuyen? That's +12 dice, you almost automatically beat any strain of HMMVV now if you also have a decent BOD and WIL. Even if you're a mage, that investment comes out cheaper than being a drake, because you only lost like 1 MAG, which is 50 karma with initiation. Throw another 4 Karma in there for Resistance to Pathogens, boom, another +1. You're perfectly able to get out of chargen with 20 dice to resist any disease, and if your GM is enough of a sucker to let you buy successes on that, you automatically beat HMMVV II and III with successes to spare.
>>
>>65732461
There's still a chance of failure with those methods.
>>
>>65732440
You want to play a drake? Well you better be ready to face the consequences of that decision. And don't forget to ask the other players, because they'll be just as fucked as you are. Or they'll turn you into money. It definitely won't be a normal game.
>>
>>65732481
As compared to being a drake, obviously. That doesn't come with any "chance of failure" at all, aint that right, omae?
>>
>>65732512
>It definitely won't be a normal game.
Oh, there's no question about that.

>>65732525
For HMHVV, which is what we were talking about? None whatsoever.
>>
>>65732461
>>65732481
Or just burn the edge. Which is guaranteed and cheaper still.
>>
>>65732536
Wait a second. How exactly are they immune to HMMVV? They don't actually have that as a power, and nothing suggests that they can't be infected.
>>
>>65732607
I mean, they can't take the Infected qualities, but that just means that they fucking die instead of transforming.
>>
>>65732607
>>65732612

>The character may not take any of the Infected qualities, Changeling qualities, or the Drake quality.

4e's Runner's Companion spelled it out more explicitly in Page 75:

>Drake characters are also immune to HMHVV—they cannot become Infected, and they cannot carry the disease.
>>
>>65732364
>>65732416
Mmm, still salty about the fact that cyberzombies are factually stronger than runners.
>>
>>65732639
Well, if you presume that they can't be a carrier also means they don't suffer any of the effects ever, then yes. But it seems like they can be affected by the first stage,it's just that when it's done fighting, it's gone 100%, instead of your GM getting to choose whether you get a Carrier negative.
>>
>>65732662
>seems like
They're immune. Full stop. The end. There's nothing to seem about it.
>>
>>65732658
Their denial would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
>>
>>65732658
>this NPC-only thing meant as a mid-to-late game threat is better than PCs
What a shocking twist.
>>
>>65732658
We already established that yes, cyberzombies are factually stronger than runners, and no, it doesn't matter, because the narrative weaknesses cyberzombies have prevent them from being good PC runners due to the amount of influence the GM has over them at all times.
>>
>>65732734
And their mechanical disadvantages are crazy as well.
>>
>>65732886
You were doing so well.
>>
>>65732886
You can optimize a cyberzombie to mostly ignore their dual-natured feature, and their mechanical weaknesses probably end there. But the narrative point still stands — you're literally a mechanical slave to whoever made you, your mind is in constant agony of dying and reviving, etc, etc. Oh, and you murder indiscriminately when you have a breakdown.
>>
>>65732734
So they're a direct upgrade.
>>
>>65733066
You can't just say that without specifying what exactly is considered to be upgraded. Their combat capabilities are superior. Their social interactions and ability to function as runners are absolutely demolished, because they're stark raving mad obvious corpses.
>>
>>65733144
That sounds like an improvement to me.
>>
>>65730062
I'd just rule it as a trick-shot called shot. -4 to your pool, and the other guy will be rattled by your skill if you pull it off.
>>
Is it time to post the titty troll yet?
>>
>>65733715
It is always time to post the titty troll.
>>
>>65733715
>they deleted big butt oni but not absolute cleavage
I guess adding a GUN makes it ALRIGHT for a CHRISTIAN AMERICAN BOARD, am I right
>>
What's the most useful non-combat, non-magic skill? I'm thinking gymnastics is a very strong contender alongside sneaking, but a high palming skill lets you sneak weapons into all kinds of places. Locksmith is a god-tier skill as well.
>>
>>65735003
con.
>>
>>65735003
Gymnastics is pretty much it. You can use it for combat defense, for mobility, for stealth, even for performance. Don't have to sneak weapons in when you can carry them with you into the vents.
>>
>>65735008
Another strong contender, but very easy for the DM to handwave you into failing if you get your pool too high. At least with gymnastics you can say "ok so the surface is wet, it's been gel treated, and it's sheer glass? That's a -10 to my pool but I can still make it"
>>
>>65735014
>for stealth
How does this work? I thought any attempt to be undetected would be sneaking? Or do you just use gymnastics to go via a route that no one is watching?
>>
>>65735030
Yeah, you use Gymnastics for that parkour shit. It's even a specialization.
>>
>>65735045
Actually have a question about that. If I have the parkour martial art, can I use that as a gymnastics specialisation or do I need to also get a separate "parkour" specialisation for gymnastics?
>>
File: kdI5OKJ.jpg (779 KB, 1536x2048)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
>>65718696
Hrm. Dodge is a legacy improvement from 4e, I'm not sure it still works. I'll poke it a bit and see what goes on with it. I need to get a bit better about that, I'm very lazy about updating and managing the custom improvements.
>>65725346
>Same thing is discussed in the novel "Crimson".
>>lol I was a human from the 20th century but then I got vampired so I got elfed because that's definitely a thing that happens :D
Fucking mary sue elf bullshit.

But yeah it's actually super doable now that I think about it. Realistic Form lets spirits assume the form of an object when they materialise, you just need to deal with the fact that you don't have something that you'd probably consider build-defining until you're like 50 karma into a campaign.
>>65728106
Gotcha, fixing it now.
>>65734752
It's always worked for me
>>65735082
The latter.
>>
>>65735147
Ok, pity about that but I suppose 1 skill point isn't that big a deal. Kinda makes the martial art feel a bit crap though. Mantis leap is good if you have high gymnastics but meh agility, monkey climb is incredibly situational (and you could just buy gecko gloves), rolling cloud is pretty meh. Are there proper rules anywhere for using free fall to reduce DV from falling? Couldn't find any in the CRB, just a bunch for rapelling, but I imagine it would just be a free-fall test and then hits reduce the effective height by one meter per hit.
>>
>>65735082
Martial arts aren't specializations.
>>
>>65735235
>>65735147
Wait a sec, I was just looking through RG again and found on page 135 a sidebar talking about using martial arts as specialisations. Was that errata'd away or something? Because it seems to imply that if you have a martial art, you can use it as a skill specialisation.
>Each style can be used as a skill specialization. Some of these styles can be a specialization for a combination of skills. The gamemaster determines if it is allowable for that skill.
>Examples: Chakram Fighting can be applied to both the Exotic Ranged and Melee Weapon skill; Gun Kata can be applied to both firearms and clubs.
>>
>>65735272
Means that if you have the martial art, you can purchase the specialisation. Otherwise a martial art is just a specialisation+. There's a custom rule for the other interpretation in Chummer, FWIW.
>>
>>65735305
Ah ok, thanks. I suppose that makes more sense, otherwise why ever take a normal specialisation.
Any chance you know about any rules for free-fall being useful outside of rappelling? I'd like to make a parkour character and part of that is jumping off very high objects without breaking flow.
>>
>>65735520
new thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.