[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Kerillian.jpg (679 KB, 4000x4000)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
Wanderer Edition

Previous Thread:
>>65147338

>Official AoS website
ageofsigmar.com/

>Downloads; Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Resources
pastebin.com/UVKnsh7d

>AoS Novels, Battletome PDF and Audiobooks
mega.nz/#F!q84BWKiL!CN6kasdx1Pyshfga_UzuEQ
mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
nofile.io/f/EbyKWbMJVbM/dark+elf+photoshop+template.psd

>Thread Question:
What are some OG armies you'd like to see get battletomes?
>>
Question: I'm looking at getting into bloodbowl. What do cheerleaders actually do?
>I know this is AOSG but we have no Bloodbowl general
>>
>>65154753
>What are some OG armies you'd like to see get battletomes?
Gutbusters and aelf soup book pls
>>
I wanna grab a wood elf by her ears and pretend I'm riding a horse while balls deep in her ass.
>>
>>65154753
>ears coming out of the hood
literally who drew this shite
>>
Should I build horrors or flayers? or magnetize all of them?
>>
File: gutbusters when.gif (398 KB, 1200x864)
398 KB
398 KB GIF
>>65154753
GUTBUSTERS WHEN
>>
>>65154806
I have never played physical bloodbowl but from a quick google search it looks like they have the possibility of drawing you extra cards of some sort?

We used to have a tg blood bowl league going on and a thread to support it, guess it died out.
>>
>>65154806
Higher chance to get the cheering bonus on a kick-off.
>>
Any company that sells miniature helmets without the heads connected? I wanna make my Nighthaunt French themed since they’re supposed to be made up of cowards
>>
Are Flesh-Eater Courts getting any new models anytime soon? I'm thinking about getting into AoS with them but after looking into them, they basically only have 6 different models, with half of their units just reusing the models of another unit (courtiers).
>>
>>65155156
Greenstuff
>>
>>65155168
who the fuck knows, honesty.
got a new arch-regent, terrain, and spells. but new units? unlikely for a bit but who knows
>>
>>65155156
Give them mini baguettes
>>
>>65155168
They just got a new battletome, so they'll be getting diddlydick any time soon.
>>
>>65155168
Probably not because they just got their book, but you can do conversions.
>>
>>65155168
Probably not. It seems like the Carrion Empire box and new battletome might be their only release for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: DwPLP1-WwAAXacv.jpg (224 KB, 1078x1054)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>65155220
>>65154981
or this counts-as king on terrorgheist.
Its a huge mutated ghoul king holding the tiny ghoul king
>>
File: new dance.gif (792 KB, 1200x864)
792 KB
792 KB GIF
>>65154943
>>
File: foryou.jpg (232 KB, 485x600)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>65155168
>FEC killing SCE
fantastic
>>
>>65155220
Where's a good source for conversions, preferably cheap since there'll be a lot of ghouls to convert?
>>
>>65154753
>What are some OG armies you'd like to see get battletomes
Deathrattle
Soulblight
>>
How does this look for a maggotkin list? Big idea is to cast blades of putrification on maruaders and keep the marauders alive using shrine and lord of blights CA. Use the flies to grab objectives and be my hammer while the grinder gives ranged support.
>>
>>65154806
No much honestly. They help with one of the kick off table results. They're nice models with no real benefit.
>>
>>65155668
Soul Grinder is unaesthetic as fuck.
I like the use of Marauders in a Nurgle list though. Currently running Gors and Bestigors in mine as a Pestilent Throng and considering swapping them for Marauders to have a bigger blob unit.
>>
>>65155502
Deathrattle isn't an OG army.
>>
>>65155359
FASTER
>>
>>65156000
I have no idea what OG means but I want more skellies
>>
File: FASTER.gif (817 KB, 1200x864)
817 KB
817 KB GIF
>>65156076
AAGGGH
>>
Ok, so I've been looking over the factions, doing some readings, and I've got to ask.

Do any of the armies do anything but meet in the middle and bash each other in?

I've got very little knowledge of the mechanics of this game, but as far as I can tell, everything seems to have roughly the same mechanic: various buffs for their own combat stats and then stuff to make the opponent worse at combat, with magic mostly being a source of mortal wounds(which I assume just can't be saved?).

All of the big factions seem to have this incredibly out there look to them design wise, so seeing that their rules don't seem to be that crazy is kind of disappointing.

Can I just not tell because I know so little?
>>
>>65155156
>French themed since they’re supposed to be made up of cowards
I'd advise against that. It makes you look stupid.

There are loads of companies that do separate heads for different miniature ranges and periods. If in doubt ask google.
>>
>>65156243
GROOVE EVEN FASTER, GOBBO
>>
File: eeee.gif (738 KB, 1200x864)
738 KB
738 KB GIF
>>65156269
WAAAAAAGGGGHHH
>>
>>65156302
So this is the power of the Bad Moon...
>>
>>65156113
OG = Original Gangster
It's old school hip hop slang for someone who has been around for a long time.
>>
Maggotbros, what do you use for chaff? I'm considering a unit of 40 marauders with shields to bubble wrap my wizards.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (86 KB, 920x950)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
How do fix this guy (and his variants)
>>
>>65156258
Little column A, little column B. But I'm fairly new as well and play a super straightforward faction with like 6 units so there's probably a little bias there.
>>
>>65154753
I WANT TO KISS KERILLIAN
>>
>>65156258
The factor you're missing is objectives, if there were none most armies would be just walk to the middle and attack, but since positioning and holding objectives is how you win the game not many armies would do that. Every army needs to be able to brawl at least a little bit, to keep enemies from pushing them off objectives.

But what kind of rules were you expecting? There are special movement rules out the ass, summoning, magic represented by models that fly around decapitating people, attacks that one shot dragons in the perfect storm. I'm not entirely sure what other "out there" stuff they could add.
>>
>>65156522
2 spellcasts base, 3 on the turalyon. Maybe a casting bonus.

For being the creme of the crop wizards for stormcast they sure do suck at it
>>
>>65156406
Skellies have been around a long time. If soulblight are OG so is Deathrattle,no?
>>
>>65156590
No, because skellies have never been their own army. They've only ever been part of Vampire Counts (Soulblight) or Tomb Kings (squatted).
>>
>>65156579
LA on Tauralon has 1 unbind, only Aventis has 2 casts and 2 unbinds. None possess any bonuses.
A little silly indeed. You'd think at the minimum the biggest out of the lads would cast something fierce
>>
>>65156618
Yeah, I mean realistically against anything that can actually cast (tzeentch, nagash, skrakgrot, etc) you will never get a spell off, without a good bonus you won't be able to get past their stacking unbind bonuses and average of 2 to 3 unbinds per caster
>>
Is it just the one guy who keeps asking for a Deathrattle tome? Or are there seriously multiple people who would spend money to make an army that looks exactly the same just to reference memes?
>>
>>65154753
>TQ
Give me High elves or give me death.
>>
>>65156518
What’s with that hand on his shoulder?
>>
>waifufags refuses to include a AoS in the OP again
>>
>>65156715
The wizard has 3 arms
>>
>>65156666
Indeed, Slaanesh. He should cast much better than on foot SCE
>>
>>65156850
Ah right, artist forgot to draw the wrist in. Gotcha.
>>
What's wrong with me, /aosg/? I'm kind of unironically getting into Firebabies. I've even stopped hating the unnatural symmetry of some of them.
>>
>>65156924
The symmetry issue is really the most offensive thing about them. Everything else is fine, especially if you don’t paint them flesh coloured.
>>
>>65156924
You're gay for naked manlets
>>
>>65157044
>assuming I'm not already aware of this fact
;^)
>>
File: IMG_4102.jpg (288 KB, 1097x1136)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>65156522
>2 casts/unbinds across the board, since they are technically lord-level wizards
>non-shit command ability (footslogger, tauralon) or spell (dracoline)
>can drink aetherflask once per battle (instead of throwing them) to suffer d3 mortal wounds, but get +1 to cast/unbind for the turn
>>
is it better to make army out of only one faction (for example only Nighthaunt) or to combine Death units?
>>
>>65157088
Sweet conversion
Hopefully it'll get some changes this year
>>
>>65156569
Mostly more tactical depth, I guess, more tools and elements to control and shape the field. But I'm looking at Beasts of Chaos now, and their ability to ambush is kind of what I was looking for, so I might try them out.
>>
>>65157122
Usually best to use just your faction, with some allies at most, since specific factions have better magic items, special rules, and spells. A Death army would need to use the generic Death General Traits and Magic Items found in the General's Handbook, while a Nighthaunt Army would get to use the Nighthaunt General Traits and Magic Items, as well as all of the special rules that apply specifically to Nighthaunt armies.
>>
>>65155220
That's a pretty dang good conversion. >>65155283
And so is this one.
>>
>>65157122
Soup gives you more variety in units, subfactions have more focus and support.
>>
>>65157148
Sylvaneth have a wizard that can move forests around and troops that can hop into one forest and pop out of another, as well as unique army terrain that can damage enemies around it.

If you're looking for more abilities like ambush then SCE can deepstrike (teleport) a certain amount of their army onto the battlefield mid-game instead of setting them all up at the start. Daughters of Khaine have a Coven that lets you teleport units around the battlefield (but DoK is one of the factions that otherwise just rushes to the middle and hits enemies until they stop moving). Slaanesh is just fast as fuck all the time. Skaven can pop out of gnawholes and have rat-ogre-cyborgs drill up out of the ground to shoot and punch shit. FEC can summon units off the board edge (units you don't even have to pay points for when you build your army, they're literally just extra free units).

If you haven't already look into Endless Spells, they kind of sound to me like what you're looking for. They're very good at area denial and "shaping" the battlefield.
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (2.13 MB, 3648x2736)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>65152558
>if a unit fails a Battleshock test...
*laughs in Bravery 9*
>>
>>65157157
>>65157166

ah damn. I just wanted to use combined forces of skellies,monsters and some hexwraith cav like I do in Total War
>>
>>65157122
Death is a bit of a special case due to Legions of Nagash. You can combine various death units but still get more focused allegiance abilities than just using Death allegiance.
>>
>>65157262
Then play Death. It's not rocket science, anon.
>>
>>65156924
lets see how bad your problem has gotten

post the worst single miniature in their model line
>>
so, after a year in
who thinks also that this double magic rule of LoN is totally misplaced?
it's like that double attack nighthaunt rule

i just makes zero sense
it's just an unfluffy rule to give the army as a whole a power boost

i hate rules design like this so much...
>>
>>65157262
Play Legion of Nagash, that's literally what Legion of Nagash is
>>
>>65156518
I use plaguebearers as chaff, but I also have at my disposal 30 Warriors of Chaos I use in larger games if I need some tough chaff. But marauders are excellent to as you said bubble wrap important units/heroes
>>
>>65157188
I'll have to take a look at them, but at a glance I ended up trying this out:

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos
- Greatfray: Darkwalkers

Leaders
Great Bray Shaman (100)
- General
- Trait: Nomadic Leader
- Artefact: Desolate Shard
Beastlord (90)

Battleline
20 x Bestigors (240)
30 x Gors (210)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
20 x Bestigors (240)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Shortspears & Half-Shields

Units
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)
20 x Ungor Raiders (160)
20 x Ungor Raiders (160)
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)

Behemoths
Cygor (180)
Cygor (180)
Jabberslythe (160)

Endless Spells
Doomblast Dirgehorn (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 188

How well/poorly did I do? I stayed away from allies, even though I'm curious if I can do some interesting things with them.
>>
File: 1539991889110.jpg (31 KB, 563x550)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>65156924
Do it.
>>
>>65157320
>>65157270
what would be good starter pack for LoN?
>>
>>65156518
plaguebearers are THE chaff unit, they shrug off more wounds then Marauders though aren't so cheap, but who knows what the new StD battletome will bring.
>>
>>65157370
Skeleton Horde gets you one of your best lords, Arkhan, a start at a skelly horde, and some horsekellies. From there you can go for dragons or terrorgheists, hexwraiths, vampires, more skeletons,
zombie doggos, etc
>>
>>65157375
>StD
what were they thinking?
>>
>>65157325
Not him but as someone who's interested in getting in to AoS, and would likely play Maggotkin; would gors with shield and MoN be a good substitute for marauders/warriors/plaguebearers?
>>
>>65157360
That actually looks kinda good.
>>
>>65156924
they are a pretty strong army imo,a pain in the ass to paint andto find a right colour schemes that don't make them look like a carbon copy of the same models for all the army
>>
>>65157419
they aren't exactly a 'substitute' in that role but would be fine. If you want a GUO at some point plaguebearers are still better, and the heroes can be nice.
>>
>>65157406
GW showing its love for Nurgle.
>>
>>65157450
I see. What role should one use gors for?
I honestly just want to convert a mass of messy, mutated beastmen while also fielding a bunch of PBK.
>>
>>65157446
Yeah even with a good scheme they'll all end up looking too similar
>>
>>65157474
for BoC it's about buffing them up and sticking characters in there, but since Maggotkin are slow you usually keep your characters in more offensive units like blightkings or pusgoyles. They could work with a GUC but won't be as ideal as plaguebearers and again are that bit faster, but you could run them as counts-as.
>>
>>65157474
>What role should one use gors for?

Since Nurgle is so slow you can always use them to outflank/get objectives faster than other units on a Nurgle army, plus I think Pestigors look rad as hell
>>
>>65157516

>Pestigors look rad as hell

make way paesant
>>
>>65157536
>what should we put over their chainmail?
>what about khorne's symbol?
>sure, but just like one big one or...?
>>
File: 20180926_170833.jpg (66 KB, 800x428)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>65157536
excuse you, busted hotness coming through
>>
>>65157557
Those new StD models are looking great
>>
>>65157536
You know, I suspect they like Khorne.
>>
Quick, make a Shadespire warband!
>faction
>model composition
>theme
>playstyle
Bonus points if you come up with names and lore.
>>
>>65157801
Fimir warband
1 Fimir Noble w/ club and shield. Big cape
1 Fimir Warrior w/ spear. has a large back pack of sorts.
A noble wishing to go on a hunting party, and his trusty squire
Plays kind of like mollog if you had two mollogs and no minions
>>
>>65157835
>club and shield
sword and shield would fit a noble more, or a great sword if they're hunting
>>
>>65157801
Free Guild
Engineer, Greatsword, Handgunners/Free Company type, normal dudes
Plays like a mix of Skaven and
It's a group of explorers who got stuck in Shadespire looking to get famous
Farstriders. Shooting focus but with some trickery and hijinks.
>>
>>65157835
Thematically interesting, but I don't see how a two-dude warband would even work.
>>
When you guys write up lore for your armies and dudes, do you write lore for your regular units as well, e.g how greatswords are trained and recruited, how Daemon pop up and behave, how Skaven warlords get more clan rats/slaves, etc
>>
>>65157801
>Maggotkin
>Blightking with morning star, Pestigor with poleaxe, lady wizard
>a knight of the blighted dutchies, his Pestigor squire and the damsel of the Lady of Cankerwall they're sworn to protect
>absolute bulldozer of a champion in the Blightking; medium-quality Pestigor with range, squishy wizard
>>
>>65157801
Daughters of Khaine
>Fancy new Hag Queen sculpt in the vein of Morathi
>Khinerae with spear
>Melusai with bow
>2 Sisters of Slaughter

Plays a little like the Tzeentch band, but with more self destructive/take damage to get buffs focus and better melee. Sisters inspire if the other one is damaged (lore is they're twins).

New card mechanic, Poison reaction, works as a negative upgrade you attach to your opponent's model on a crit. Melusai has upgrade that lets her do it on a hit.
>>
>>65154753
>What are some OG armies you'd like to see get battletomes?
Wanderers, Highborne, Exiles. Fuck everyone else. :P
>>
File: ARCH-chaon.jpg (54 KB, 344x477)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>65157801
>Everchosen
>Varanguard with a daemon weapon which is it's own model that he can choose to wield if it's next to him or can act alone, and a marauder slave waifu
>daemon in the sword is secretly looking for a body to possess to escape being trapped but tells the varanguard there's a lord ordinator soul in the vault he can torture into revealing the way into Azyr. The slave waifu is actually his steed which can shapeshift.
>Characters can bunch together to be more powerful or split to cover more area, sword moves randomly on its own, but moves with the varanguard if he is wielding it.
>>
>>65154943
Probably soon, to be honest. They have enough models, are on the website, Phill Kelly plays them... If they don't get a tome before summer, they'll probably be recombined and have allegiance abilities in the GHB, as half of the allegiances there already got their tomes.
>>
File: 1531900553353.png (384 KB, 1200x1600)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>65157801
>faction
Lion Rangers
>model composition
One female beastmaster, four lions
>theme
The beastmaster isn't very strong herself, but she can give strong buffs to the lions near her
>playstyle
Juggling the beastmaster around the playing field and choosing which lions to buff is key to the strategy. if she's ever killed, all lions become enraged until the end of the game, so it's a big gamble for the opponent.

The lions aren't all the same. Two are your standard war lions: very strong attacks, but a but squishy. One is a lion in heavy barding that can withstand a lot of punishment and is meant to protect the beastmaster. The fourth one is a lioness, she can pounce long distances and compensate for the lack of ranged attacks.
>>
>>65157516
>I think Pestigors look rad as hell
Same. I regret not buiying some when they were MtO.
>>
>>65157208
>Chaos warriors still stuck at bravery 6
Fuck.

On another note, bravery tends to never matter in the games I play. Is it just me?
>>
>>65157516
>>65157536
These all look trash.
>>
File: B7qOpuaIQAA0s0q.jpg (31 KB, 599x383)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>65158232
Reminded me of this
>>
>>65158181
What's with you people and your obsession with varanguard being a normal unit. Each one of them are literal chaos lords pumped up to eleven.
>>65157801
Chaos warrior warband
>A lesser sorcerer and two sword and board warriors as his bodyguard.
>Dead'ard, good at melee and strong magic
>Low model count and slow, so positioning, pinning down several enemies at once and giving them pain while the sorcerer shreds them to pieces or buffs the warriors.
>>
>>65158232
That souds awesome.
Though from the description I'd cut it down to three lions.
>>
File: ha.jpg (10 KB, 121x128)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>65155204
absolute kek
>>
>>65156522
Take back sigmar hat loicense
>>
>>65157801
>ironwelded arsenal
>it's a cannon, crew and engineer
>>
>>65157801
>Quick, make a Shadespire warband!
>Faction
Order
>Model comp :
4minis, Humain warrior /dwarf priest /elf wanderer / and a wizard
>theme:
Classic role playing squad in shadespire for treasure and adventure, and this was a mistake
>playstyle
the warrior is tuff-ish, the wizard is main caster the priest secondary, the wanderer is the only one with natural range,
so its mix and mach polyvalent playstyle, decent at everything exellent at nothing. They can also all serve as mini for the incoming Rpg.
>>
>>65158449
ironweld isn't a real faction.
>>
>>65158332
>3 lions

THREE LIONS ON THE SHIRT
UP MIDUL FC

IN GER LUND
>>
>>65158458
I know that. Doesn't mean they can't whip up a Warband out of them.
>>
>>65158471
Think about it, why would a lone cannon crew go all the way to shadespire and carry the cannon around?
>>
>>65158457
>and this was a mistake
A warband like that certainly was.
>>
>>65158449
I don't think this is playable in Shadespore rules
>>
Thoughts on modelling artillery like this? I'm guessing a bigger base size and a loss of the crews options to attack, but that shouldn't be a big deal right?
>>
File: Dff2yjEVQAER668.jpg (107 KB, 963x615)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>65154753
>>
>>65158577
Do not bulli the elf.
>>
>>65158488
Meh, its a matter of opinions, i find Order worthless if it doesn't produce classic rpgs 3-4 character team that could be an adventurer group.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (47 KB, 845x404)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
>>65158584
Elves are for bully_
>>
>>65158629
Elves are for love, marriage and impregnation.
>>
File: cast.jpg (336 KB, 1832x1892)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>65157801
>faction
stormcast eternals
>model composition
Castigators & gGryph-hound
>theme
ranged warband with absolutly shit melee
>playstyle
The SCE are tough, but their melee sucks, so they need to rely on their range 3-4 crossbows and the Gryph-hound running interference. Their cards focus on slowing down, peeling off and pushing around opponents.

And the box already exists, too.
>>
>>65158647
Stop. No more SCE for god's sake. They already have 4 bands.
>>
>>65158559
I have no issue with it. Just put three crew tokens or something next to it.
>>
File: AOS-SE-7116-2.jpg (293 KB, 920x950)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>65158656
There is another EtB kit that could easily be a Shadespire warband, y'know.
>>
File: ted-beargeon-marauder-03.jpg (442 KB, 1829x1920)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>65157801
I don't know anything about Shadespire but here I go:
>faction
Disciples of Tzeentch
>model composition
Variously heavily mutated Warriors of Tzeentch.
>theme
Tzeenchian Warriors driven mad by their many mutations who they struggle to control.
>playstyle
RNG would be the name of the game, with each Warrior given a separate table to roll for 'mutation effects' for that turn, similar to how Forsaken worked in Fantasy. Maybe have them get stacking mutation effects based on how many foes the individual model manages to kill.
Might be fun to throw in a small chance that any Warrior might devolve into a Spawn which will go after and attack the closest model, irrelevant to whose it is.
>>
>>65157801
>faction
Scourge privateers
>model composition
Fleetmaster, two black ark corsairs, and two dudes with repeater crossbows
>theme
They're pirate, that's the theme boi
>playstyle
Glass cannon with some ranged dmg - uses dodge not shield rolls
>>
>>65158694
You want forsaken back and so do I.
>>
>>65158694
Neat, but wouldn't really work in Shadespire.
>>
>>65158717
Well, I'd like *new* Forsaken. Not the horrid old models.
>>
>>65157801
One beastclaw Hunter and 2-3 frostsabres. The sabres are glass cannons but the hunter is durable but low melee damage.
>>
>>65158725
>old
They were released in 2013 and they are perfectly fine. Just don't pose them as bad as GW because, unlike warriors, they can actually be posed.
>>
>>65158756
>RIP forsaken, 2013-2015
>>
File: 16-blonde-elf-archer.jpg (340 KB, 750x1492)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
Elves are cute.
>>
>>65158756
I mean, each to his own, but I find them abhorrent. They look like somebody threw a buch of Chaos Warrors' bodies into a CSM bitsbox.
>>
>>65158851
>I find them abhorrent.
So do I.
>>
File: Forsaken_(1).jpg (44 KB, 500x359)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>65158717
I do, it's true.
>>65158718
Shame. Anyway, give me some Forsaken!
>>65158725
The old models weren't horrible. I don't get why people say that. Granted, they perhaps wasn't the absolute top tier models ever made (that honour goes to PBK) but they are, at the very least, just fine.
That being said, I sure wouldn't mind a new and more energetic version of forsaken. My main gripe with the old ones are that they look way too orderly for a mob of gibbering lunatics.
>>
>>65158851
I actually like them, but how should a twisted, mutated blob of a human look?
>>
File: merge_from_ofoct.jpg (225 KB, 1301x570)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>65157801
At the danger of triggering the SCE hatred:

>Stormcast Eternal
>Retributor, Decimator, Protector
>Paladin warband thrown together from the various conclaves
>tough melee powerhouses with very little in the way of shenanigans, just a lot of beef; Retributor has Cleave, Decimator attacks everything in melee range and Protector has reach
>>
File: Forsaken_coloured (1).jpg (34 KB, 339x508)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>65158851
>They look like somebody threw a buch of Chaos Warrors' bodies into a CSM bitsbox.
I don't see it. To me they just look like a bunch of heavily mutated Chaos Warriors.
What parts are 'CSM bitsbox' about them?
>>
>>65158902
Pure aggression, rushing frenetically forward ina tangle of limbs, tentacles, claws and whatnot. Slavering maws, bulging eyes and such, but no visible human faces. Horns, additional limbs and mutations bursting past heavy chaos plate interwoven with scaled skin and fur.
No more than one limb on the ground as a rule. Some with the movement of apes, some more like raptors or wolves.
No clear dedication to any god.
>>
>>65158919
Literally all the mutations look like they're from the CSM box.
But maybe I'm biased.
>>
>>65157801
>faction
Wanderers - Ilea's Seekers
>model composition
Spellsinger - Her robes flutter as she points her staff outward. A small winged sprite sits upon her shoulders.
Watcher - Based on old WE hero sculpt. Mask over eyes with a hood, spear on back, bow at the ready, hunting horn hangs at her side.
Twins - Both wear the glade guard half mask, one on the right one of the left. Poses are near mirrored with dagger and bow
Ranger - imposing cloaked figure with hood down revealing sharp features. His Glaive held ready to strike
>theme
Swift band of wanderers seeking the key to pathway long forgotten and even longer hidden.
>playstyle
Quick and slippery with harassment and deceptively capable of hard strikes.
>Bonus points if you come up with names and lore.
Ilea, under the guidance of the waywatcher Joaile, seeks to find a long forgotten Waystone somewhere within the mirrored city. Along with the twins, Beila and Beilo, and the ranger Fjorlen, the band stalks the hidden pathways for signs and clues revealed by the death gods quake.
>>
>>65158893
>That being said, I sure wouldn't mind a new and more energetic version of forsaken. My main gripe with the old ones are that they look way too orderly for a mob of gibbering lunatics.
As an example, something like the Skullreapers but with more mutations would make for great forsaken. In fact, with just a few conversions I'd reckon you could make some pretty dang cool forsaken with that box.
>>
>>65158958
That's funny 'cause I don' t see that at all.
>>
>>65158958
CSM don't have mutations on the box and in any case, they are also chaos mutations, why wouldn't they be the same?
>>
>>65159106
Haven't build any CSM in, like, a decade or two, but they used to have a whole bunch tentacles and shit.
As for why they why wouldn't be the same, I'd say that with warriors it should more natural and less randomly bolted on.
>>
File: 417-large_default.png (793 KB, 800x800)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
>>65154343
This.
>>
>>65159172
In what way are the mutations on the forsaken "randomly bolted on"?
>>
Can someone good at AoS lore please tell me if my favourite characters are in it?

Karl Franz
Settra
Vlad and Issy
Thanquol
Gotrex and Felix

Also why is Mannlet allowed to serve Nagash instead after his betrayal?
>>
>>65159272
Karl, Settra, Vlad, Isabelle, and Felix are all gone. Thanquol is the Horned Rat's special boy and Gotrek just got an audiobook where he's voices by Brian Blessed.
>>
>>65159237
I mean, look at the guys above. Each of them is strictly limited in terms of mutation location. Head, arms and maybe a foot or something. And each time the mutations themselves look boring. I realize this is down to the rank&file base they were made for, but I'd want more outrageous stuff. Belly maws, quadrupedal legs, another dude growing from the back, maybe a goat head instead of a hand. Or somebody with a huge, bulky torso and two distinct heads.
But it's clear we disagree on this whole thing, so let's just leave it at that.
>>
>>65159272
KF is deader than dead.
Settra is mentioned in Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods in a small way.
Vlad and Isabella are also dead, though given how Nagash works that might not stick.
Thanquol is one of the greatest Grey Seers now, but still oscilates between powerful threat and staggering incompetence.
Gotrek is around and looking for Felix, who may or may not be stormcast.
As for Mannfred, Nagash apparently likes to keep him around to torment him.
>>
File: slaaneshchampion.jpg (35 KB, 292x346)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>65157801
>Faction
Slaanesh

>Model Composition
2 daemonettes, 1 Hellstrider on foot (let's call it Hellstalker) with whip, 1 Hellstalker with spear, 1 Sorcerer (remake of the classic pic related)

>Theme
Speed and debuffs

>Playstyle
One warband that gives you debuffs, and makes glory by denying yours. They become exalted when wounding but not killing an enemy.
Daemonettes are fast and have good dodge but mediocre stuff, Hellstalkers are more tanky. The whip have 2 range, which is useful. Sorcerer is there because every new band must have one, and it's fairly average in everything, like the one with darkoath.
>>
File: AoRtzeentch.jpg (389 KB, 819x1024)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>65159015
they just need to be the marauders from Age of Reckoning.
>>
>>65159272
No

Possibly a Stormcast

No

Yes

Gotrek Yes, Felix is unknown but Gotrek hopes he's around yet.

And Nagash brought him back because he wanted to make him suffer.
>>
>>65159272
Also gelt is alive and a stormcast for the black armour lot. Don't remember the name.
>>
>>65159443
Anvils of the Heldenhammer, same as (maybe) Settra.
>>
>>65159443
Anvils of the Heldenhammer, same as Settra.
>>
>>65159466
If thats the case I'm painting my soul wars set in their colour scheme
>>
>>65159475
>>65159466
>'Anvils of the Heldenhammer, same as Settra'-mind
>>
>>65159479
Scheme tutorial is in the Battletome.
>>
>>65158551
The rules for warbands are bespoke. They can make basically anything playable.
>>
>>65159595
Playable ≠ practical.
>>
>>65159272
Thanks for answers guy.

I thought Celestant Prime might be Karl Franz. Is it someone important?

Glad that Gotrek is around. Where can I read about his search for Felix?
>>
File: 1550810954338.jpg (96 KB, 601x791)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>65158995
I like it
>>
>>65159673
>I thought Celestant Prime might be Karl Franz.
No, Sigmar is Karl Franz.
>>
>>65159694
no, sigmar is sigmar
>>
>>65159673
Realmslayer Audiobook first, then The Bone Desert and Gotrek: One, Untended.
>>
>>65159716
Sigmar is Karl Franz.
>>
>>65159673
Go to the OP and download Realmslayer (assuming it's in there). It's good.
As for Celestant Prime, he's just some no-name king guy.

>>65159694
Not really. he wore KF's corpse for a time a s a meat-suit, but that's it.
>>
>>65159716
Sigmar is in the body of Karl Franz
>>
>>65159694
Sigmar doesn't even actually have a physical body anymore, it's all being created by Sigmar, he even has to remember to create footprints in snow otherwise he leaves none.
>>
>>65159172
The old “called out but this is what I meant”.
>>
>>65159754
>Sigmar doesn't even actually have a physical body anymore
true-ish , Stormcast with storm-sight can see his main body/influence as a burning sun , and he can remotly posses his follower.
Sigmar can affect directly the phisical realm (he hold the ceiling of it reforging chamber during soul-war).
But sigmar never mulltiply into several smaller sigmars to execute a more complicated action (Nagash did that once).
So there is no evidence against im having a main body , but the phisical nature of it is debateable.
>>
>>65159833
I assume Archaon can just sit at the all points with his dick in the ghyran gate, his head in the chamon gate, right arm in ulgu, left arm in Ashqy etc.
>>
>>65159754
Why would he care about making footprints?
>>
Whats best Stormcast SC for a new player?
>>
>>65159963
Archaons is even worst , when you see his armor and between plates there is black and whites dots like its infinite galaxy. But somehow he has a mount.
I rather not think about it.
>>
>>65159754
Christ. He sounds like Urza
>>
>>65159988
He seems to want to, but he forgets.
>>
>>65160139
As long as he didn't remember to do important things
Spolier:
Like square-up with Nagash
>>
I want Tzeentch mortals and i want them NOW as huge as Khorne
>>
>>65159358
>each time the mutations themselves look boring.
I really disagree with that. Most of the mutations are imo quite imaginative considering the inherent limits of a highly customizeable ranked unit.
>I'd want more outrageous stuff.
I wouldn't say no to that either and AoS seem like the perfect opportunity to make that happen.
>it's clear we disagree on this whole thing, so let's just leave it at that.
Fair enougj.
>>
>>65158919
That is a very cool illustration
>>
>>65158919
Why are they called Forsaken when they were in fact blessed?
>>
File: AOS-DOT-8373-2.jpg (414 KB, 920x950)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>65160359
Anon, I hate to be the one to tell you this...
>>
>>65160461
why it doesnt surprise me that a chaosfag doesnt know the ultimate fate of 99%of chaos workshippers?

your souls consumed for pleasure /fun by your gods and your bodies twisted and mutated until you become mindless slavering beasts, so forsaken because theyve been forsaken even by the same gods they so fanatically devoted themselves
>>
File: 1547794156630.jpg (38 KB, 312x270)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>65160526
>One model
>Buffed naked men

Dont qualify sorry bring armour and mutations
I
>>
>>65160639
>d-doesn’t count! Nuh uh!
>posts another tzeentch mortal unit
K
>>
>>65160639
Nurgle and Khorne have that already, let Tzeentch have something diferent. You still have the "kino warriors" though fucking grog, piece of shit/spoiler].
>>
>>65160461
They're called forsaken because they are former champions of chaos who have succumbed to their mutations which means that there is no longer any hope of them being uplifted to daemonhood by their patron deity. As the ex-champion has failed in his path to greatness by not being able to bear his divine gifts, his deity has forsaken him.
>>
>>65160728
Tzeentch is the perfect fit for neo-forsaken though.
>>
>>65157801
>Seraphon

Leader is a Scar-Veteran
A Kroxigor
A chameleon skink
A skink priest
>>
>>65160758
>two heroes
>a monstrous infantry
>an elite infantry
yeah, sure fair
>>
Since Order is a big whole thing, do the races get along better than WHF? Like are there elves with human best friends and dwarf/human half breeds?
>>
can i use a warscroll battalion for my list without the restriction of the alliegance of that army?

for example i take (and pay) Eurlbad battalion with BCR without take their alliegance
>>
>>65160798
Depends on the group. But yes, there's plenty of places where those would be the norm. Though I don't know if humans and dwarfs can interbreed. Half-Ogres are a thing in Chaos though.
>>
>>65160081
Please respond
>>
>>65160785
I just want new cool models man :(

But a more reasonable would be:

A Kroxigor and three skinks
>>
>>65160798
yeah officially and as the books/lore go there is much more diversity than the Old World, but lorewise is simply because chaos fucked up the realms for so long that (most)order races have better things to do than being racist and fight within themselves, is much more like end times, when nearly every race tried to band together to avoid the destruction of their world
>>
>>65160843
Yes but your only other allegiance option is destruction or allying them (but the battalion and all units it contains count against your ally limit).
>>
>>65160863
The one your wife’s son picks for you
>>
>>65160798
There's at least one elf who had a human wife, so yeah.
>>
>>65160863
Soul Wars
>>
>>65160798
>best friends
maybe
>half breeds
unlikely

racemixing is still frowned upon at large in the societies of order as the story of the wanderer prince that waifu'd a human can prove and within the free cities while the various races interact it seems more likely for them to segregate socially if not spatially
>>
>>65160868
do you?
>>
>>65160907
Don't think the guy who was making those is still around. Sucks because they were great models.
>>
>>65160758
remove the kroxigor and make it a
>skink priest
>saurus guard
>chameleon skink
>duo of skink hunters
>>
>>65160925
you're mistaking them with the lustria online ones (pic related)
those are others and the picture was posted a few days ago
>>
File: kinoscale-official.jpg (404 KB, 796x476)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>65160081
Let us consult the chart
>None of them
>>
>>65160983
the biased chaos-faggot made chart *
>>
File: 15319364821.jpg (174 KB, 786x358)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>65161021
>biased
you mean based?
>>
>>65160871
>(most)order races have better things to do than being racist and fight within themselves
That's just straight up unbelieveable even for a high fantasy setting.
Just as a comparison: you had a contingent of the european force that marched to the rescue of Vienna when it was under siege by the Ottomans in 1683 going "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" because the locals on the road to the city bullied them too much for being protestants.
>>
>>65161032
>boomer has a cuck base so he can't play
Dumb grogs.
>>
>>65160965
>>65160907
Stop shilling your fucking potatosacks already.
>>
>>65161041
>Literal daemons murderfucking everything in sight
>God telling everyone to shut up and work together if they want to stay in Heaven and be safe from the MegaSatans.
>Same as that fucking situation
>>
>>65160965
>>65160907
posting proxygors now?
>>
File: imageproxy.jpg (387 KB, 600x867)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>65161104
you want more you say?
>>
Khorne spoilers

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/15/sam-wrathmonger-pearsons-blades-of-khorne-tacticsgw-homepage-post-4/

New blood points make my brain muscle hurt.
Wrathmongers now buff only all your dudes in 8".
Bloodsecrator is completely within 16" but can move.
Mortal subfaction that can make warriors/reavers run 6" + charge for a CP.
>>
>>65160639
Unironically I kind of agree - there's a missed opportunity in making some cool mutated Tzeentch big lads. But I think Blight Kings has that covered, and GW seems to want to keep their mortal units thematically distinct. Also why I'll be surprised if we ever see Nurgle marauder equivalents like Reavers and Acolytes.
>>
>>65160895
Does racemixing even work? I mean they're basically different species . . .
>>
>>65160965
It's a fucking tragedy that Woogity stopped making these
>>
>>65161145
Isn’t advertising not allowed here?
>>
>>65161274
>Does racemixing even work?
that's a good question, if there should be data about it in the incoming rpgs, did they mention it in the old world ?
>>
>Initiate permanent per-turn healing effect on entire army
>>
>>65161166
>Blood Tithes
What, are you telling me that needing spreadsheets to understand a core mechanic isn't good design?
>>
>>65161166
Wrathmongers previous buffed models within 3" which is not super different to units wholly within 8"
>>
>>65160081
The SCE half of soul wars is easily the best for both value, looks and usefulness but the thunderhead brotherhood box is decent as well if you like the vanilla stormcast
>>
>>65161274
we don't have examples of such things actually happening
>>
>>65161350
The main difference is not working on enemies.
>>
>>65161282
>posting models for a game about models is not allowed
>>
>>65161166
>makes my brain hurt
Dude all it is, is tracking things that are dead.
He mentions the double turn because you can get two fight phases worth of dead shit in blood points for your next hero phase. That’s it.
>>
>>65161316
It doesn’t bring dead models back to life and Khorne heroes are squishy as fuck
>>
>>65161316
>to each friendly unit on the battlefield
>>
File: 20190313_234641.jpg (738 KB, 1064x1602)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
is the skull altar just a range buff for slaughterpriests or does it do something else?
>>
>>65161371
I mean, you technically can have only a single wounded model per unit.
>>
>>65161440
fucks wizards
>>
>>65161440
>>
>>65161316
How did you get 4 Bloodtithe points turn 1?
>>
>>65161405
what happens when the whole army is thirsters?
>>
>>65161407
>to each friendly KHORNE unit in the battle field.
>>
File: 1550870607431.jpg (23 KB, 360x316)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>new guy at LGS
>skinny manlet ratfag
>decide to play him since I haven't played against skaven before
>barely talks besides saying what his dudes are doing or the occasional autistic ratfag roleplay
>has some waac netlist that apparently was tabling everyone he played that day
>didn't have trays so I had to sit through the retard moving 1000 models for 30 minutes
>he says "victory for the vermintide" when he wins in a cringe skaven voice
>he eventually left because mommy came to pick him up despite him being a grown man
jesus christ, I guess the memes were real. I'd hate to see how dispossessed players are
>>
>>65154753
hello, a good friend of mine gave to me 16 chaos warriors like in the pic

what would be a good way to expand this to play AoS?

im very new at the game but i play 40k constantly
>>
>>65161614
Chaos Warriors are a very versatile unit, they're a simple battleline unit but can be used in a lot of different armies actually. You can include them in any chaos army pretty much. Take your pick of Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne or Slaves to Darkness and buy their start collecting box. Usually a good start
>>
>>65161614
They are usable in any chaos god army or for their own Slaves to Darkness allegiance.

You need to pick which allegiance you want to play from this list:

Khorne
Nurgle
Tzeentch
Slaanesh
Slaves to Darkness
>>
>>65161440
>NNNEEEeeeeeeeeeeeerds
>>
Do bloodeletters still suck ass? I love them and I fucking hate reavers. Like, what's the point of playing a "god" army if using the daemons sucks?
>>
File: Ibroughtabird.jpg (51 KB, 600x620)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>65160639
>>65160728
>>65161254
You guys know that they're all mutated to be that way, right? The battletome says that they're just average mortals but when they're needed for war they all get these special masks that mutate their bodies to peak strength and stamina. They're literally just a bunch of nerds hiding their identities, pretending to be tough.

Sound familiar?
>>
>>65161611
any pics or armylists?
>>
>>65161041
>that is SO unbelievable for a fantasy setting! let me cite something that happened in reality
I'm getting tired of this shit
>>
>>65161614
Don't pick the Slaves to Darkness allegiance. It's boring and not particularly effective. At as others have said they can slot nicely in any god specific army as a battleline choice. They don't hit very hard but they are quite tough so a unit of 20 is quite capable of denying objectives or holding off a choppy unit for some time. But that is a 360 point investment so YMMV.
>>
>>65161611
>go to a new LGS for some fun
>bring my skaven collection
>have a fun time playing
>at the end of the day play against this stormcast guy
>fat degenerate looking dude
>his breath fucking stinks so I try not to talk to him much, just focus on the game and narrative of my army
>he’s running some shitty starter set army that he probably got on ebay for $50
>tabled him in 30 minutes
>announce my victory to the entire store
>leave the store with my mommy gf and victories
>>
>>65161308
There were half elves in some of the old-ish (like 4th or 5th edition) fluff for WFB, but they were understandably rare and lived with humans.
>>
>>65161787
TBF you sound retarded.
>>
>>65161835
No u.
>>
>>65161546
You get memed on
>>
>>65161780
How? it never happened.
>>
>>65161041
The extend of antipathy within Order boils down to the supposedly haughty Azyrites and the supposedly low-brow Reclaimed being slightly at odds. That's it.
Oh, and nobody likes the Daughters, but that's pretty reasonable.
>>
>>65161724
Yes they're thankfully still terrible.
To play a good army and not boring same-model generic red demonshit.
>>
>>65161611
You forgot the part where everyone in the gw clapped
>>
>>65161611
We have two rat players at my store. One is just a kid so I can't really make fun of him, but the other is in his late teens/early 20s. Nearly his entire army is bought from ebay, half of it on squares and half of it pre-painted. Since he bought from random people all the paint and basing schemes are all different and conflicting. He gets a lot of rules wrong in his favor and is really overconfident in how strong is army is. He also doesn't take battleline and does allegiance abilities wrong. I actually haven't played him since the battletome came out and I'm glad for it, I don't want to deal with that powercreep.
I like to complain about Skaven but I don't really hate them, their aesthetic is interesting. This player makes me a little bitter against them though.
>>
>>65161746
triggered. Cool tho, didn't realise that.
Also was it ever confirmed if Tzaangors are acolytes who mutated out of control or was that just theorycrafting?
>>
>>65162003
Some are mutated gors, some are mutated cultists and some are natural born mutants.
>>
>>65162050
neat
>>
>>65161997
I, on the other hand, gladly shit on ratfags. Fuck them, they shit up the threads.
>>
Hey guys, I'm trying to get into path to glory, but I haven't been paying attention. What is the book that has the most current Path to Glory rules? The general's handbook? The Path to glory book? A different general's handbook? A white dwarf?
>>
>>65161166
I like the bloodsecrator change because it means I no longer have to deal with turn 1 charges where I have shit for attacks and battleshock. He's still auto-include though. Guess we'll have to see the hosts and battalions
>>
>>65161645
>>65161646
>>65161788

thank you very much for your imput, i didnt posted the image of the models but i guess you knew what i was talking about

say i want to align them to slanesh, the next step would be to buy a start colecting box of slaves to darkness and paint them purple? or outright buy the plastic deamonetts?
>>
>>65162132
>:I
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>65154753
Soon
>>
>>65162201
:=1 to you, anon. Did I miss a PTG general?
>>
So I've played with the idea of busting out my age old Chaos Dwarfs and playing them in AoS. Little confused after looking into some battle reports. Isn't double turn just kind of automatically winning?

Little concerned that while there are some really nice models, the new armies as whole really are just big meh; Fireslayers look like same dwarf times 50, the sea elfs are cool since miniatures but look just silly as an army and I'm afraid I would burst out laughing at people that would play the steampunk balloons against me.

Am I just cherry picking worst parts here or is it just not for me? Community seems nice, feels bad man.
>>
>>65162201
>>65162243
Oh, did I post this right after another skirmish level game was announced for AoS? It seems like I did. My question stands though.
>>
>>65162285
No, it's not just automatically winning. You have to learn to be prepared for it.

Those models aren't bad, you just don't like them. And yes, you're just focusing on what you don't like.
>>
>>65162285
>Isn't double turn just kind of automatically winning?
some people would say that since this isn't as shooting heavy as 40k and more focused on good charging, factoring the risk of taking a double turn in your movements is part of the strategic gameplay
>>
File: aosmatchedplay.jpg (80 KB, 736x416)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>65162196
Because Slaanesh is not a fully supported faction at this point it's difficult to give strong advice about it. However it's fully possible for you to build a Slaanesh army mixing mortals and daemons or being exclusively one or the other, this is ultimately a matter of preference.

What you should do regarding building an army is to determine a 1000 point army you would like to play and make steps towards having what you need to field that army.
>>
>>65162285
>Isn't double turn just kind of automatically winning?
No, but it can be very important.
>>
File: 1547800021690.jpg (56 KB, 564x575)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>65161789
Well played.
>>
File: Denied2.jpg (142 KB, 670x899)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>65162229
>>
>>65162285
>I'm afraid I would burst out laughing at people that would play the steampunk balloons against me
Don't worry about it, everyone else will be laughing at your bighat midgets, too
>>
>>65162318
It’s not very balanced and you’re a little late to the party. Support has largely ended for PTG. Home brew systems will likely serve you better.
>>
>>65162358
How do Dwarfs and slow armies as such do? Looking at the forge world stuff (CD use that right?) there's still some nice looking artillery. I assume I would need to force bad charges from them as per usual. Is magic more like psykers in 40k or still devastating?
>>
>>65162285
Well, I think Chaos Dwarves, especially the old models look like shit, and I would be embarrassed to put them down on the table. But people like them, so it's fine.

You have to learn that you might not have the same likes as somebody else.
>>
>>65162285
No one has ever played chaos dwarfs anon. The one army book they had was a WD compilation.
>>
>>65162466
I appreciate the advice, but I also like dead systems. I'm still interested in grabbing whichever books are relevant.
>>
>>65162424
Hey that's fine, they're very goofy compared to quality these days. I suppose that does make a good point tho, better take a look at my own army if I feel theirs looks clowny.
>>
>>65162512
AOS is very objective focused, slow armies can sometimes struggle to claim late game points.

Magic, especially certain endless spells, can be invaluable.
>>
>>65162285
Warhammer isn't serious.
>>
>>65162535
PTG rules were in army books... but they aren’t anymore as far as I’m aware.
>>
>>65162592
Wait what? I saw my friend's new rat book and I swear it had new up to date PTG tables.
>>
>>65162607
It does, he's wrong.
>>
>>65162592
OK, and as far as core rules, is the 2017 Path To Glory book the right book?
>>
>>65160101
Where does this happen?? I expect the StD battletome to go into detail with Archaon and the Varanguard to because fuck the Everchosen battletome is a complete disgrace.
>>
>>65162565
That's why they need powerful artillery to compensate but GW keeps being retarded and keeps them separate.
>>
>>65162374
forgive me im really a brainlet, i dont understan where or how to chose an army, i downloaded the chaos battletome everchosen but cant get how you would chose an army or a host
>>
>>65161919
Not really true. Darkling Covens are creepy to everyone, wanderers don't really live in the cities and they don't mingle with other races, the elven factions that worship god beasts keep to themselves in their monasteries fucking their beasts, humans are on their own and dwarves on their mines but they do trade and their engineers tend to work together. Order societies are segregated as fuck, they just tolerate eachother because chaos, death and destruction could fuck them all if they didn't.
>>
>>65162703
>chaos battletome everchosen
Don't that's completely usless and a waste of paper and words. Read the Core Book, that's the actual manual where they explain the rules, how allegiances work and what armies there are.
>>
>>65162703
You choose one by finding one you want to play. It isn't hard. Look at the models, read some lore, look at the rules and playstyles and play the one that appeals the most to you on all of those fronts.
>>
Any ideas for bits to use to make winged Duradin helmets?
>>
>>65162940
I don't know about any bits, but the champion of the unit comes wuth a winged helmet, so if you really want them and can't find any alternative, you could always clone it with oyumaru and milliput.
>>
File: 20190315_193241.png (1.76 MB, 1920x1080)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
is archaon bigger than abbadon?
who's more important in the eyes of the gods?
>>
>>65163006
Gee, I dunno. One is basically chaos god himself, other is eternal loser with a daddy complex.
>>
>>65163006
They begged Archaon to come deal with Sigmar. Have they ever begged Abaddon for anything?
>>
>>65163006
Archaon probably. His first big victory was the Old World which is nothing by 40k standards but he wants to starve the chaos gods and they hate that.
>>
>>65163052
ok, but which is which
>>
>>65162419
I like this new edit
>>
>>65163006
Abaddon is a retard that always gets btfo in the end
Archaon is a big dick chad that is the mary sue OC of all the chaos gods and actually gets shit done, wins almost every battle he’s in
>>
>>65162558
Honestly, what I try to do any time someone plays balloon or firebabies against me is just find something not about the sculpts to compliment. The painting, any conversions, the list composition, or shit just something about the lore, especially if they chose a canon theme. Takes my mind off criticizing how ugly the sculpts can be and is a good way to make the game more friendly.
>>
>>65163139
Archaon is just a more successful version of Abaddon with a shorter yet more interesting back story.

Success being relative to their respective "universe"s
>>
>>65163115
Undivided chaos followers worship Archaon as his god.
>>
>>65163006
>is archaon bigger than abbadon?
Abaddon is a bit taller than a primaris, which are the same size as a stormcast. Both the varanguard and archaon are a tad bigger than them, so I'd say they are both the same size. Archaon wins though, his top knot is better, has horns and he is mounted on a giant three headed chimera.
>>
>>65161094
read the rules and faq.
bases are fine
>>
>>65163006
These look disturbingly like Stormcasts.
>>
>>65163260
Can I put my chaos warriors on 50mm round bases? They look much better on rounds than on ovals.
>>
>>65163006
Model wise, how do they compare?
>>
>>65163279
Bases GW says to use for Chaos Warriors are 32mm, why are you putting them on ovals?
>>
>>65163276
I'm gonna fucking eat your offspring.
>>
>>65163316
Fuck, I meant knights. I've seen them on rounds, like they use in the lord of the rings game and they look much better.
>>
>>65163279
you put them on any base as long as you play them as they are on the base in the base chart.
It says in the official rules.
>>
>>65163329
You CAN put them on 50mm rounds, but you should treat them as if they were on ovals and you won't be able to use them in tournies.
>>
>>65161123
>God telling everyone to shut up and work together if they want to stay in Heaven and be safe from the MegaSatans.
Pretty much the same thing happened there buddyroo. To the christians it wasn't just a case of staying the tide of foreign invaders but that of god's triumph over the devil and his minions.
>Same as that fucking situation
When did I ever claim that it was the same situation?
>>65161787
What about it is tiresome? Humans in AoS are still humans.
>>
File: bloodsec.jpg (103 KB, 540x960)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>65142783
>>65142860
>>65143010

Hey fuckass. What do you say now?
>>
>>65163393
The literal god of the bible came down and told them to knock that shit off?
>>
>>65162703
Everchosen is an outdated, irrelevant book that has essentially no bearing on the game at present.

When people refer to factions what they mean is "Allegiances" an Allegiance is a keyword which all of the miniatures in your army share and which has Allegiance Abilities associated with it (as defined by the either the Core Rules, General's Handbook or a Battletome), for example all of the models in a Slaves to Darkness army will have Slaves to Darkness and Chaos keywords, both of those keywords have Allegiance Abilities, so you could choose for that army to use either Chaos or Slaves to Darkness as its Allegiance. Because Slaves to Darkness units can also choose to add one of the chaos gods as a keyword, if you chose to give them the Slaanesh keyword you could also choose to use the Slaanesh Allegiance instead of Chaos or Slaves to Darkness.

Page 242 of the Core Rules describes Allegiance Abilities in general and faction specific battletomes describe their specific Allegiance Abilities, Grand Alliance allegiances (Chaos, Death, Order, Destruction) are found in the Core Rules, Armies which have Allegiance Abilities, but which do not currently have battletomes are found in the General's Handbook.

Your choice of Allegiance is important and it determines a lot about your army.

You may be sitting there scratching your head thinking "But where are the profiles for my units?!". This is because Slaves to Darkness do not have a book of their own, their warscrolls were published in the Grand Alliance: Chaos book, they're also available online for free from GW via the store pages for the units or via the AOS app.

This may all sound like a shitty clusterfuck and it is. This is the result of the game not being designed well and having to have a lot of features bolted on post release.
>>
>>65163360
Are tournaments usually strict about base sizes? I have a Poxbringer on a 40mm instead of a 32mm and my Blood Knights are on 75x42mm instead of 60x35mm.
>>
>>65163513
Yes.
>>
>>65163394
>Affirms that the Rage of Khorne ability still exists
>Confirms that it's now "wholly within" as expected based on general design trends
>Surprise, bloodsecrators can now move
The exact same thing. No part of that article says anything related to immunity to battleshock.
>>
>>65163513
Talk to your TO, you'll probably be okay on the 40mm, but the blood knights might not be cool.
>>
>>65158256
Bravery only starts mattering when you stack debuffs. People think that horde units are weak to Battleshock but in reality its big units that need to worry about it. Losing two Goblins to Battleshock means nothing. Losing two Ogres to Battleshock can lose you the game.
>>
>>65163394
>hey, guess what, we nerfed the Bloodsecrator
>but don't worry we also buffed him so it doesn't actually matter
Can GW suck Khorne's brass balls any harder?
>>
>>65163739
Don't forget that he doesn't do anything except bubble so he can run constantly.
>>
>>65163711
It's also way fucking harder to lose ogres to battleshock though, since you have to lose whole models to get battleshock penalties.
>>
>>65163317
you're going to starve
>>
>>65163317
You gonna suck his Dick?
>>
>>65163804
True. Just saying that every -1 inflicted on them is going to carry far more weight. Between that and the size bonus to Battleshock tests, tough high-wound models are more scared of it.
>>
>>65163129
thx, i had to adapt to the new developpement,
Use it freely
>>
File: 11.jpg (159 KB, 607x1080)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Slowly sculpting my Poxmancer...
>>
>>65163432
Not exactly but their god told them, through a proxy, to push the devil's shit in.
>>
File: 22.jpg (151 KB, 607x1080)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>65164265
>>
Just bought a FEC bundle off eBay and I don't even want to play them.. The deal just seemed really good to pass up.

Why do I do this? I don't even know what fucking army I want to play yet but I can't stop just snagging deals when I see them.
>>
>>65164265
He's a big guy
>>
>>65164265
Looks neat mate!
>>
File: 33.jpg (153 KB, 607x1080)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>65164291
>>
>>65164299
4 U
>>
>>65164294
You knows maybe in the future you'll like them, that's still autistic
>>
>>65164294
Retail therapy. I feel pretty guilty since last weekend I bought a ton of Nighthaunt just because it was a good deal. There's a bunch of stuff in there I might not even use (24 Mymourn Banshees and a Coven Throne), but the savings called to me. I'm banning myself from eBay until I'm closer to finishing my backlog.
>>
>>65164265
I could do this in zbrush, but no way I would be able to make something that good looking by hand.
Good going anon.
>>
>>65164278
Kinda different, lad.
>>
>>65164364
>I'm banning myself from eBay until I'm closer to finishing my backlog.
at least you went there, good anon, new release will probably be available when you'r done
>>
New thread

>>65164459
>>65164459
>>65164459
>>
File: 778.png (2.98 MB, 1920x1200)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
>>65164364

I need to ban eBay..It's a dangerous site for me.

Going to try and just sit on these FEC and hope that archregents go up in price as all carrion empire boxes get bought up to make my money back on the purchase, and in the meantime just read some lore on all factions and look at maybe the individual heroes that they have and then just go one box at a time.

That's the dream anyway.
>>
>>65161789

In another episode of things that never happen.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.