[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1552620771935.png (582 KB, 561x800)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
To any lorefags that give a damn, Greg Weisman was interviewed on twitch and he gave some juicy spoilery details of the novel that might also be relevant for the actual set:

>Liliana really popped for me. Her dilemma and her mindset was just fascinating to me and she really popped. Kaya really popped for me. She also is put in a very difficult situation and has to decide which way she's gonna go and whether she's gonna step up or not. And then there are two characters that I kind of created. One is Rat, which I created whole-cloth, and then there's a new Planeswalker, Teyo, that I feel, I didn't create per say, I was given the visual for him, but I feel like I'm the first person who sort of had the opportunity to bring him to life in the fiction and create who he was, and the relationship between Teyo and Rat is very special to me.

>I had a great time writing Gideon, I had a great time writing Jace, Dack, Bolas, Vraska, Dovin Baan, Lavinia, and even some minor characters like Angrath. The most fun character for me to write this book was Rat. I kinda fell in love with her.

>This is a big book, there are 12 leads in this book, there are more than 100 named characters in this book and every one of those characters has at least one moment.

>I didn't go very deep into Ravnica's every day life like Nicky did in her website stories because it's about the war. What we did try to do is to really get into the politics of the 10 guilds, every one of those 10 guilds is featured in the book, and the intra-relationships between these guilds. We definitely deal with if they are going to come together to fight Bolas or is Bolas gonna be able to tear these guilds apart, one by one or collectively?

>The stakes are extremely high, this is a war, it's life and death, there are definitely gonna be characters who won't survive this book.

1/3
>>
File: w07_article1_header_0.jpg (858 KB, 1920x1104)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
>>65153861
>Teyso doesn't even know what a Planeswalker is by the start of the book, let alone he is one. He doesn't know anything about Ravnica or the Multiverse. He's the character that gets to learn everything about the setting as the story happens.

>Nicol Bolas has got the whole situation wired to the extent that he can predict almost everything that could possibly occur in this scenario and that makes him virtually unbeatable, it's not just that he's also got tremendous power, it's that he has been planning for centuries and he's ready.

>The Rakdos parts of the novel were really fun to write, when I was writing those, I really was able to kick loose and go to town on those.

>There's a point in the book where our heroes sort of say "Here's the six things we need to get done if we're to have any chance whatsoever" and that allowed me to split the forces up to handle these tasks and maintain very specific focus for each of these small teams, so that we can spend some time with smaller groups of characters and see the dynamics between them, before they come together at the end for the big final thing (which is probably more information than I wanted to reveal right there)

>Chandra was challenging to write because of keeping track of continuity with the comic. Nahiri was also challenging because I had to keep it all straight when she's not the focus of the book, when she's not a big player.

>When it comes to characters tugging my heart strings, Liliana immediately comes to mind. Jace and Vraska, their relationship in particular, Rat, Teyo, but i think that if someone held a gun to my head and said "Pick one", it would probably be Liliana.
>>
File: Davriel.jpg (62 KB, 800x450)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>65153898
>You have very strange team ups in there, you've got the Wanderer and Davriel Cane, two sort of complete opposites working together. You've got Ob Nixilis working with Karn and Dack Fayden. I mean, this book is about strange bedfellows all over the place on both sides of the conflict, just really unlikely alliances taking place, forced into play sometimes, coerced into play sometimes. It's definitely a series of, I think, pretty fascinating complexities and dynamics between characters.
>>
>>65153861
>>I had a great time writing Gideon, I had a great time writing Jace, Dack, Bolas, Vraska, Dovin Baan, Lavinia, and even some minor characters like Angrath.
>Dack
Wait, Dack wasn't even part of the 36 shown on the stained glass thing, this means that other walkers like Garruk who didn't get displayed on the stained glass can appear.
>>
>>65154068
Yeah, that's the biggest takeaway from this. I imagine Tezzeret is gonna show up in the novel too. He's the most strange missing character from the 36.
>>
File: 12_jnGhEekbnD.jpg (43 KB, 265x370)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>65153919
>the Wanderer
Pic related?
>>
>>65153898
>but i think that if someone held a gun to my head and said "Pick one", it would probably be Liliana.
Eurgh. Well, that's not promising.
>>
>>65154442
the dominaria stories fleshed her out a lot more, gave her more depth and showed she had vulnerability and self-doubt, as opposed to being a generic isekai bitch
>>
>>65154680
It's still not promising for her to be the author favorite. You want an author to judge her a bit ore than that.
>>
>>65153861
Just gather up all of Phyrexia and New Phyrexia, dump them both into Rvnica, wait for Bolas to be killed, then sendm Dominariam Rath, Mercadia, Tarkir, Kamigawa, Innistrad, and Alara to go kill off the phyrexians, then redo all the Ravnica guilds from the ground up. Three problems taken care of with one plan.
>>
>>65154745
Well shit
>>
>>65154862
>Let's fix this mess by hiding it under an even bigger mess, then blowing it all up.
That'll fix it!
>>
>>65154862
Horrible
>>
Shit is this like Greg Weisman as in the 1980s Captain Atom run Greg Weisman? Are the MtG books actually worth reading?
>>
>>65153898
>it's that he has been planning for centuries and he's ready.
Surely Greg knows it's only been like 60 years since the Mending. Which would mean this was something Bolas has been planning since he was an Oldwalker, which in turn would suggest this is something that would catapult him above an Oldwalker's power level. (Or else why would he bother?)
>>
>>65157220
>Shit is this like Greg Weisman as in the 1980s Captain Atom run Greg Weisman?
The one and only

>Are the MtG books actually worth reading?
This one might be
>>
>>65157228
I feel like, after Ugin came back from the dead once and then conspired to trap Bolas with the Immortal Sun, Bolas would be paranoid enough to prepare this sort of contingency plan even before knowing about the Mending.
>>
>>65157228
As far as I remember, Bolas at least corrupted Amonkhet before the Mending.
>>
>>65157244
How did Bolas find out about the Immortal Sun, again? The plan didn't work because Ugin "died", but that doesn't explain how he figured it out.
>>
I recently got into the lore because of a ravnica campaign, also started playing over xmage daily.
Which of the newer books are worth reading? Is it true that the newer lore is filled with virtue signalling, or is that just bullshit?
>>
>>65158063
It happened literally days before the Mending, sometime during the events of Time Spiral.
>>
>>65158206
God, I can't believe Nicol Bolas has been alive for so long. Alara was a decade ago and he should have died back then.
>>
>>65158511
Even the regular dragons of Tarkir live for more than 1000 years, why should him
>>
File: Image.png (136 KB, 223x311)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>65158206
after the mending, he did the whole thing in a hurry because he was losing power with each passing moment
>>
>>65158166
The short version is he was listening in on Ugin's calls with Azor.
>>
>>65153898
>Teyso
I thought the point of the ~whatever~ Bolas is doing is that it attracted powerful spellcasters.
Why would babyface get caught up in it?
>>
>>65159760
A Spark is a Spark, it's still phenomenal cosmic power no matter how long its owner has been using it.
>>
>>65154068
It also means we might get more than 36 Planeswalkers.
>>
>>65159939
Well get 36 pw cards. More than 36 pw will appear in the story
>>
Has anyone here made their own plane before?
I'm making one myself and I'm going to admit, I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>65153919
>Obby back
>same book as Gideon
A puddle of dirty water had better get referenced, that’s all I’m saying.
>>
>>65159982
just take a real life historic period, add monsters and sjw undertones, drop the gatewatch into it, profit
>>
>>65159982
I made a lot of them.
>>
>>65158206
No, it was during or immediately after, because he was bleeding off huge amounts of power when he hit Amonkhet.
>>
>>65159817
It's explicitly not anymore. The spark offers phenomenal cosmic freedom, for sure, but only really offers the 'opportunity' for great magical power due to the way the magic system works, not the certainty of it.
>>
>>65160010
Cool.
Out of curiosity, how many creature types/races is too many? I have a tendency to go overboard and want a good number to try and limit myself too.
>>
>>65160024
Obviously Newwalkers aren't Oldwalkers, but Bolas wouldn't be going to all this trouble if he didn't have some way to harness Sparks for power, and one Spark is just as good as another in that regard. My point is that it's not the meatbag around the Spark he's interested in.
>>
>>65160148
Are some Sparks different from others though? Would Azor’s inside The Immortal Sun be stronger than Huatli’s since one is from an Oldwalker pre-Mending?
>>
>>65160324
I think azors is stronger, but not because its from an old walker, but because it was removed pre mending. Sorins spark isnt atronger than anyone elses anymore for example
>>
File: 02_gP4KY120Wt.jpg (55 KB, 265x370)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
It looks like Bolas is going to consume semen, isn't it?
>>
>>65160324
>>65160358

I think if there is a difference in Sparks, we’ll find out this book. I don’t like the idea that there is though, except maybe If there is a Spark in the Immortal Sun that hasn’t changed.

The reason former Old Walkers have advantage over NuWalkers seems to be because of the advantage of Experience, more mana bonds from across the planes, and just plan knowing more spells, maybe even some that can’t be learned anymore. Also a bit of madness.

Nothing Nahiri did on Innistrad really took any real power, just Lithomancy and Single Minded madness to see her plan through to completion.
>>
>>65160471
I get the feeling thought that in the old-walker era she wouldn't have needed all that lithomancy (and maybe the death of Avacyn??) to summon Emrakul.
>>
>>65160112
it depends. you can put in as many subtypes as you like (see them more as classes, roles, or job-types) but i would maybe cap the primaries at 7, and have rando beasts and animals be whatever. it really depends on your setting, and what makes sense there. for instance, if you did a city-plane like ravnica, giants could work there, but they wouldn't be a primary race. same goes for any large creatures, like dragons. they exist almost anywhere, but not every plane has the resources to support them. innistrad is one of those resource-light planes, where almost all the races are humanoid or smaller, and larger races don't depend on what would be considered "natural" resources.
it really all depends on how you want to develop the plane - you can either start with the setting and flesh it out with characters and monsters, or you can create the characters and monsters and tailor the plane to suit them.
>>
>>65161004
In the old day she could have just played Sneak Attack and cheated Emrakul in, now she has to hard cast
>>
>>65160024
and if bolas is trying to steal the spark of every other walker to become the uberwalker, then he wants that potential.

if he's been planning it premending, wants a bunch of walkers in one place, stole the immortal sun, and a device that planeswalks innanimate objects... that's literally his only possible plan.

plus it makes sense with the candle snuffing trailer.

NOW, that said that still does nothing with the Eldrazi, which he set up to free. In fact, it looks like he got absolutely nothing out of that, with two dead and one trapped in a moon.

EXCEPT, that moon is made of silver, and silver is the only thing thar can time travel cohesively, a la Karn. (well, also whatever Ugin's Nexus does too I guess.) So now he has an Emrakul pokeball he can launch into the past or future.

Is that part of the current plan or just a meaningless red herring thread that's going to die off with the Bolas Arc? I dunno.
>>
>>65162046

I thought it was said that Bolas unleashed the Eldrazi specifically to draw our anybody who would deal with them, because those are the same type of people who would also oppose him.

Which means he either thought he could take care of the Eldrazi on his own, or that he knows the true function of the Eldrazi and doesn’t fear it.
>>
>>65162395
I'm still hoping the theory that the Eldrazi are needed in the multiverse to "reset" planes to prevent more planeswalkers from appearing and fucking up the multiverse.

It also helps that apparently each Titan was in charge of different aspects of the plane and destroying/creating new ones

Ulamog -> Physical world

Kozilek -> Laws of physics/magic

Emrakul -> Creatures/races/plant life like humans, goblins, and elves
>>
File: Thonk.png (47 KB, 800x800)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Why doesn't Bolas just kill as many planeswalkers as he need one by one? Thanks to Ixalan, we know planeswalkers can easily track each other and I am pretty sure Bolas knows many of them. He spared Gatewatch on Amonkhet though he could easily kill and consume them all that day. And more important, why does he bring them all to the one place where all 36 of them can unite against him and defeat him (and we already know this is going to happen)?
>>
>>65162046
Yeah, they're definitely gonna forget that detail lol
>>
File: 1521876204253.jpg (88 KB, 484x750)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>65162046
>then he wants that potential.
I more meant that there's no inherent nature to current sparks that makes the holder some uber-mage. The freedom to travel the planes it gives you simply combos really well with a magic system that requires one to bond with different places, lands and magical hotspots in order to tap more and more varied mana. A powerful non-walker mage will always and forever be limited to their native Plane and even should they bond with all they can there, that'll always be there limit. A Planeswalker can do the same and still be able to simply go to other planes for newer and more exotic bonds.

Oldwalkers were uber-mages simply for being planeswalkers, Newwalkers just get a pretty great advantage, if they actually make use of it.
>>
You guys are idiots, it's all about opening the best damn Barbecue shack in the multiverse
>>
>>65162602
Keikaku. It's all part of the great keikaku.
>>
>>65162602
I don't think that was his plan.
He has to rely on other's to help set his work into motion - that Izzet walker bungled things up. Niv-Mizzet was in on it to.
>>
File: disg.jpg (15 KB, 259x256)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>65153861
>really popped for me
>>
>>65162576
>>65162395
so in essence, Bolas both drew out his only threats and used them to dismantled the only multiversial reset button, assuring that once he eliminated those threats he summoned his reign would be unchallenged and unending.
>>
>>65162838
so the only difference between a newwalker and a normal mage is lifespan and how big and how varied their landbase is?
>>
>no mention of Sorin
>i sleep
>>
>>65164140
I think he mentioned at some point in the interview that Sorin and Nahiri are forced to work together.
>>
>>65164140
He's stuck in a wall, getting violated and penetrated by spikes.
>>
>>65164132
I'm pretty sure lifespan stays whatever it was for their race, unless they go messing with it. The spark might also offer some sort of natural aptitude on top, but it might also just be writers always needing to write about super talented mages whenever the chance presents itself.
>>
>>65162602
simple, they aren't going to.

Bolas is going to become the universe's most powerful entity not by re-attaining oldwalker status (impossible post-mending) but by making everyone else a nonwalker.
its the Thanos snap of MtG. It also means this 36 walker set is the last time we get planeswalker cards, they needed a way to retcon them out mechanically for good.
>>
>>65164162
She killed his kid and set fire to his plane. If Sorin's not fucking her shit up then and there, he's probably putting it off for now and letting the cold rage stew for a bit before he goes after her.
>>
>>65164273
According to Chandra comic, we already know it's not true, Bolas plan failed and planeswalkers are still planeswalk. Also, their powers are pretty much on the same level.
>>
>>65164300
No shit. Essentially everyone who isn't Bolas or one of Bolas' lackeys is going to have to at least tolerate everyone else for the sake of surviving.
>>
>>65164242
Pretty sure lifespan is increased since Jace is a 4000 year old human that's never been an oldwalker.
>>
>>65164132
Actually, old walkers were more powerful on many levels because they were uber beings that barely care about laws of nature, basically gods. For example, Urza didn't need physical form at all to function, he decided to look like human only to confuse other characters less
>>
>>65164362
>Jace
>4000
Are you drunk or something? Mending happened 60 years ago. Jace is barely 30.
>>
>>65161451
Aright then.
I've been designing my own plane based off of D&D. I was inspired by all those Planeshifted articles and the Ravnica book. I figured there is a lot of old stuff in D&D and using that to make a plane would be pretty cool. So far I've only got a few ideas for three colors.

White - Humans & Giants
Blue & Black - Djinn Humans Illusions Horrors
Red & Green - Dragons Humans Kobolds Elementals - I might want to come up with another race for Half-Dragons.
>>
>>65164362
Necro-bitches entire arc involves making deals(and later going against them) with demons to increase her lifespan and power since she was no longer immortal, nor even long-lived.
>>
>>65164568
I wonder if Davriel will tell her how retarded her demon contracts were.
Like Jeez. Don't make your soul claimable before you die.
>>
>>65164607
If Bolas dies, Lili is also going to die since her contract has no guarantors anymore.
>>
>>65164607
Liliana is a coward who fears death, she was sitting on a plane with vampires and liches for decades, she could have easily became one or the other if she wanted immortality.
>>
>>65164701
Or talk with Jodah to find the literal FOUNTAIN OF IMMORTALITY he literally fell in accidentally.
Plus whatever time stuff Jhoira and Teferi used
Dominaria has no shortage of immortality options that don't involve selling your soul.
>>
>>65164393
reread what i posted.
>>
>>65164430
https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Jace_Beleren
>>
>>65164872
It's not his age, dumkopf. It's the year he was born. Like, 1989 or something in universe.
>>
>>65163911
*pop*
>>
>>65164753
Was it ever said that the slow-time bubbles on Tolaria were fixed by the Mending? Because if they're still there, you'd think someone would be selling slow-time water as a potion of eternal youth.
>>
>>65164904
fine then, new question, does Teferi look 90?
>>
>>65164872
the 4582 is a year.
Chandra was born on 4537.
The mending was 4500
>>
>>65164979
Teferi is 1600 years old but looks like 50 because temporal manipulations
>>
>>65158166
Azor is too vain and left statues and monuments to himself on all the planes he brought law to. So he wasn’t hard to track. He also allowed his mortal servants to be present during his conversations with Ugin, because they’re just mortals. Bolas slurped the secrets from their brains.
>>
>>65164162
>>65164300
>>65164341
I watched the entire interview and they did not mention Sorin once. You must be mistaken.
>>
File: 14_Sof5AdXr9x.jpg (45 KB, 265x370)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>65164173
WRONG
>>
>>65165113
One of the bigger disappointments of this set.
>>
>>65165130
Sorin coming back is a disappointment?
>>
>>65165060
Why is Azor so retarded?
>>
>>65161752
Bitch literally through the breach'd emerakul after tutoring her from her side board. Nahiri was playing modern when sorin was playing standard.
>>
>>65164607
>read the Davriel story
>summoned a 15/10 succubus demon
>turned her into his accountant
>she keeps trying and trying to get into his pants just once
>he is immune to the wiles of the succ
>and he just so happens to get to keep the sexy lawyer/librarian around in the process
>even if a contract is fulfilled he’s probably set up a John Constantine
>thinks Necromancers are shit-tier
Davriel was honestly great.
>>
>>65165202
Yeah, it was a fun book. I was sad the riddle demon died, though. Does /tg/ have spoiler text? I forget.
>>
>>65165148
I don’t see any other way to call it.
>>
>>65165202
Davriel is the fucking best. I’d swear he exists solely to shit on Liliana, especially if the Raven Man turns out to be an Entity.
>>
>>65164242
I think the Spark gives some base proficiency with translation and language magic? Enough that you can do it even if you’re terrible with that sort of magic normally.
>>
>>65165166
He’s a lawfag.
>>
>>65164300

Actually, Sorin killed Avacyn, weirdly creepy Nahiri lookalike Terminatress who genocided entire angel flights that she was.
>>
>>65165240
>mfw he explained what the answer was
That was some top shelf trolling.
>>
>>65165358
Avacyn killing angels (and humans) was mostly Nahiri's doing.
>>
>>65165358
Nahiri engineered it all to fuck with him.
>>
>>65165408
Think anon was talking about the black angel flight.
>>
>>65165337
If you have a spark you innately understand all languages and you are understood by all. The only thing it cant translate are bitch blubbering ala kytheon. Also we havent seen anything able to interrupt this ability so its not so much a magic spell as it is an innate ability like sorcerers have.
>>
>>65165310
cringe
>>
>>65165310
only correct opinion. Invalidating any story progress just so retards can have their "favorite" walker in an already oversaturated set is simply retarded and disappointing
>>
>>65166397
So Sorin should remain in the rock forever? that's hardly story progress.
>>
So is Alara where the current story arc begins?
>>
>>65167175
Basically, yeah. Although Nicol Bolas is a villain and gets killed way back in Legends.
>>
I still think it's really lame they made a comic that takes place after the war that comes out first. Way to deflate the stakes.
>>
>>65167299

Oh yeah, I read the three Legends books dealing with him and the Time Spiral cycle. Just trying to find a starting point since the last Magic book I read years ago was Test of Metal. After the Lorwyn-Shadowmoor or Alara novels it seemed like the storyline became a mess with how spread out it was between books and comics. I only just discovered recently that there are apparently stories from years ago on the main site I never read
>>
>>65169204
For the past 8 years, the website stories have basically been like 95% of the story in Magic. There were basically no books. It's all articles, which I personally like since they're more succinct and free.

That's changing in April, though, with this new book.
>>
>>65160004
I don't get it
>>
>>65157228
>>it's that he has been planning for centuries and he's ready.
>Surely Greg knows it's only been like 60 years since the Mending. Which would mean this was something Bolas has been planning since he was an Oldwalker
Or he started planning it when he was, you know, mostly dead. As a way of getting back to full power from THAT low point. Then he comes back to full life in Time Spiral, but, oops, the Mending happens almost immediately so he goes forward with the plan anyway.
>>
>>65166397

An immortal creature of significant power gets trapped in a rock by an enemy who doesn't finish the job for various reasons.

At no point in any story ever told is that "the end." The imprisonment always ends and the story focuses on what happens when the prisoner is freed.
>>
I'm not gonna weigh in one way or another on Sorin coming back already, but I felt like it would probably make more sense to wait for a return to Innistrad before having him get unstoned.
>>
So after Bolas is dead, what kind of ubervillain do you want? No, phyrexia doesn't count, No, you can't resurrect Yawgmoth,
>>
>>65166596
>>65170938
Not that anon, but I feel like Sorin getting out should be a story in its own right, not just a thing that happened offscreen. Or at least the focus of the set in which it's revealed. Not just "oh and he's here, too."
I'd be just as disappointed as Elspeth being randomly here, even though I've been waiting for her to come back for five years.
>>
>>65171022
I don't want one at all. A single, overriding narrative has really devalued the actual stories occurring on the individual planes we visit.
>>
>>65153861
>>Liliana really popped for me. Her dilemma and her mindset was just fascinating to me
how does anyone take this shit seriously
>>
>>65171022
>So after Bolas is dead
I hope so
>what kind of ubervillain do you want?
For starters, I don't want any ubervillain for the next half decade or so. Not even rumblings. Have lower impact stories for a while and then start building up again to your next big Event™.
With that said, when we get to such a new uber-villain, I'd like it to be more of the classic "Grey morality villain that actually has a good motive and purpose, but has clearly gone too extreme for his own good". Guess he'd be kinda white and maybe blue.
>No, phyrexia doesn't count
We definitely need to get around to more Phyrexian cards within the next two years, though, even if it's to finally blow them up once and for all.
>No, you can't resurrect Yawgmoth
Nor would I want to, good god. Killing Yawgmoth and treating him as a legend posthumously was one of the best ideas they've ever had and they need to do it more often. That's the treatment Bolas should get too.
>>
>>65171022
More Ob mustache-twirling.
>>
>>65171022
A Legion of Doom whose only goal is to fuck with the Jacetice League.
>>
>>65171271
>Tezzeret
>Ob Nixilis
>Tibalt
Who else?
>>
>>65171303
Liliana, after Jace and Vraska hook up.
Dack, who isn't actually evil but just wants to steal, I dunno, the Blackblade?
And Koth, because while the Jacetice League was doing other shit Phyrexia won even more and he blames the Gatewatch for doing other shit.
>>
>>65171303
nahiri
garruk if he doesn't go full ragemode and hunt the evil walkers as well
ashiok
crazy daretti
domri and dovin baan, given they don't get smashed to death
bizarro elspeth, came back from the underworld crazy and bw
>>
>>65171271
Worst idea. I'm hoping the Jacetice League basically ends after the War. It would line up chronologically that this set being developed would be around when everyone was bitching about how it sucked.
>>
>>65171390
I never noticed Angrath actually has two sets of horns.
>>
>>65171390
>Ral
>Will work for anyone that's not Niv-Mizzet
That's false, though. He was literally conspiring with Niv against Bolas.
>>
I'm really looking forward to WAR. I expect it's gonna be a set that sucks shit, but it will be a fun spoiler season to see the train wreck unfold.
>>
>>65171391
>It would line up chronologically that this set being developed would be around when everyone was bitching about how it sucked.
I want to say that was actually Amonkhet, and they openly admitted it and talked about how they were going to be putting less focus on the group from that point forward. Which has been true: Ixalan was just about Jace; Dominaria was mostly about Liliana and Gideon as characters, rather than as superheroes; and the first two sets of Return to Return to Ravnica haven't even mentioned the Gatewatch.
>>
>>65165327
Too bad Davriel was written by different author and Greg Weisman has too big boner for Lili
>>
>>65171433
It's a relatively old image, probably circa Dominaria.
>>
>>65166596
Anons just wanted Legendary Vampire Wall memes
>>
>>65169224
Theros books were the last, and that's 2014
>>
>>65171053
He is a writer. How do you do your job without taking it seriously?
>>
>>65170733
In the OGW story, Ob beats the shit out of Gideon, Nissa and Jace. He specifically leaves Gids immobilized and lying face-down in a puddle of dirty water, and Gids would have drowned pathetically had Ob decided to flip him over after he passed out.

>We splashed in the mud, blood, brine, ichor, and worse, struggling for control—and he was the better wrestler. My knee cracked and a sickening jolt pulsed through my body. The problem for him, however, was that he was expecting that to be the end of the fight, while, in fact, having my knee broken was merely the third worst sensation I had experienced in the last hour.

>I used my one good leg and my superior weight to pin him. He gritted his teeth, face splattered with the same mud that covered me, that covered all of us, that covered this miserable, doomed world. He channeled his focus to keep his shoulder from breaking. But I had him. I had him and he knew it.

>"You fight for Zendikar? For this broken dung-heap of a world? Well, see how it rewards you!" I pressed his face down hard into the muddy water. He thrashed and flailed, he sputtered and coughed, struggling to get purchase. I could feel the despair and fear as his hands slipped in the mud.

>As he batted uselessly at me.

>As he started to drown.

>Invulnerability proved no match for three inches of dirty water.

>"This is Zendikar! The suffering and the waste and the filth! This is Zendikar!" He convulsed once more, and his body went limp.

>I held him there for a second more before I released my grip and flipped him onto his back with a splash.

>"This is Zendikar," I whispered. "And your fight is over."

Ob spared Gids because Ob is basically a cross between a Bond villain and a saturday morning cartoon villain who is evil because he likes being evil, and spares the hero because fighting Heroes is fun.
>>
>>65164447
This sounds interesting, anon. Don't humans tend to be colorless, though?

Anyway, love to help you, but what precisely are you doing here? Mono-color races? Dual-color races? Tri-color races?
>>
>>65171390
Does anyone really not like Tibalt? He's an absolute chadwalker, I can't wait
>>
>>65164753
>Or talk with Jodah to find the literal FOUNTAIN OF IMMORTALITY he literally fell in accidentally.
>Plus whatever time stuff Jhoira and Teferi used
She might not have heard of them.
>>
>>65169063

It does seem like they kind of screwed up with the comic considering the first issue came out at the end of December and the second issue is only just coming out at the end of this month.
>>
>>65172598
At least we know mah boy Tibalt is alive and well
>>
>>65165500
I feel that it's just as likely there's some sort of multiversal 'common' thing going on. That language always tends towards a certain point in Dominia, with maybe a few divergences.
>>
File: 1551317444102s.jpg (8 KB, 244x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>yfw Niv-Mizzet becomes a NuWalker
>>
>>65172652
Its canon they have an auto translate built into their soul. If you have a spark you can simply understand and be understood by other beings.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/spark-2008-08-13
>>
>>65172797
Highly unlikely. Especially since it's been revealed that he's known about planeswalkers all along, and he hasn't fallen victim to the Yawgmoth or Memnarch flaw of obsessively trying to gain a spark.
>>
>>65153861
>This is a big book, there are 12 leads in this book, there are more than 100 named characters in this book and every one of those characters has at least one moment.
Literally capeshit.
>>
>>65172836
>Literally capeshit.
>Greg Weisman is an American writer of comic books, animation and novels. He is perhaps best known for the animated series Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice.
I mean, yes.
>>
>>65172832
Dudes been around longer than 10k years and has a large enough consciousness to think for several other people. Dude probably has been working on it for a while.
>>
>>65171022
Sorin is an ANGRY WHITE MALE and therefore makes the perfect villain, prove me wrong.
>>
>>65172902
I mean, arguably, there's not a whole lot for him to gain from it, and he might be content to be a big fish in a small pond.
>>
>>65157220
Agents of Artifice is nice as a generic rundown of how magic works in the setting if nothing else.
>>
What are some books/stories to learn about the magic and mechanics of it in-universe?
There's The Mana Bond, but what else?
>>
>>65173474

If I recall correctly, The Gathering Dark explains some things.
>>
>>65171034
I don't think Elspeth is there. It's probably just a chick similar to her. Spring was just trapped into a rock. Elspeth return to life it's a story that has to be told, as it involves her escaping from the underworld. Sorin could be just managed to free himself or be freed by a random vampire o Innistrad crazy. Disregard everything I just said if it's actually Elspeth.
>>
>>65171572
Hot.
>>
>>65162046
Since Tarkir arc they seem to have dropped that limitation on time travel, sadly.
>>
Kill Nicol Bolas already
>>
>>65171390
>May have accidentally doomed the multiverse
What's the story here?
>>
>>65174617
Helped her friend develop the Planar Bridge, then walked away with just a promise that it wouldn't be completed without explaining why.
>>
>>65171980
Not colorless, in all colors. Colorless is the domain of machines, eldritch horrors, and Ugin (snowflake that he is).
>>
>>65172105
she did kind of come from a backwater noble family and was little more than a hedge witch before sparking.
>>
>>65176496
Communication is hard.
>>
I'm still listening, do sarkhan or narset get mentioned at all?
>>
>>65178660
Nope.
>>
>>65178765
Darn...well, maybe that means they survive.
>>
>>65178660
They havent been mentioned but sarkhan has been reprinted for m19 and was featured on a buy a box promo card. Also his character arc is intrinsicly linked to bolas and ugin. If sarkhan doesnt show up to get revenge against bolas and help ugin it will mean the tarkir and alara blocks were basically pointless.
>>
>>65178894
>>65178660
I thought Sarkhan couldn't planeswalk because he made a paradox an Tarkir and can't leave, did they forget or remove that?
>>
>>65171034
Sorin getting out of a wall should be the focus of an entire set? Are you retarded or just autistic?
>>
>>65178894
He's in the stained glass, he'll definitely show up.
>>
>>65171980
I dunno.
I still don't have an idea of what to do for Green and Black, or any additional races for White. I want to work on that first.
Only reason why I have R/G and U/B is because I designed those first. You got big dragon families and spooky mind djinn.
>>
>>65179936
Well, first thing to spring to mind is that, if you look at the Ecology of the Dragonborn and the PH B Races: Dragonborn from 4e, they make a great Red/White race (or Red/Black, for the Tiamat worshippers).

Most Fey in D&D would correspond to Green Mana under MtG's color wheel.

Black Mana is defined by selfishness and individuality. I think the most iconic solo Black creatures in MtG tend to be Undead?

In my own setting that uses Mana instead of alignment, I went with each race having a default alignment of three mana colors, for greater cultural and psychological flexibility with what I wanted.

Hmm... can you give me any examples of solo-White, Green and Black races from MtG canon? I'm not the greatest expert on it, but that might help me point you towards good fits from D&D.
>>
>>65179936
G Firbolgs
B Yuan-ti
B/G Drow
W Ghaele, Bralani, snake angel titties, Flumph
<> Gith
>>
>>65180192
Nah, Githyanki would be Blue/Black. Obsessive about control and domination, with powerful mindmages.

Githzerai would probably be white, like their descendants the Kor
>>
>>65178660
They both have stained glass windows in the trailer.
>>
>>65180054
To paraphrase maro
>white
Humans, Angels their superior
>green
Elves, if remember correctly hydras were their superior type
>black
This color has two, zombies and vampires, with demons being their superior type
Also as a bonus red is goblins<dragons
and I think blue was merfolk<sphinx
There were some blogatog post about it but I cant find it atm because Im lazy.
>>
>>65180054
Green is always Elves
I don't want to do Elves. That much I know.
>>
>>65180736
Well, really, many kinds of fey or beastfolk races could work as Green. Centaurs, Hamadryads, Pixies/Sprites and Satyrs have all been playable in various editions of D&D, and I think all of those (well, maybe not Satyrs?) have had Green Mana cards in MtG?
>>
>>65172087
Few people seem to dislike Tibalt (his card, yes, not him).
He is, however, very much That Guy, and so far the only thing he's maybe done beyond That Guying hard enough to become part-devil is piss Sorin off and bail. And he may not have even done that.
>>
>>65179154
I don't remember that ever happening.
>>
>>65180813
Satyrs were green and red, though pixies and sprites tend to be blue (cause flying, and because trickster tricksiness is Only For Blue)
>>
Azra are magic the gathering approved Tieflings!
>>
>>65172087
I enjoy tibalt as a very passionate, amoral red villain as wotc wanted him to be perceived as, and the broader community perception of him as a joke villain. Hoping they find a way to stick him somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.
>>
>>65165172
UMA Through the Breach might be my favorite card printed in the past decade. It's so goddamn flavorful in every way and I love it.
>>
>>65181467
I honestly think those are too contradictory to mesh well together.
I mean the more campy villain who fails is fun, but Tibalt is all about pain and bloodshed.
>>
>>65179189
No, the fact that he DID get out of the wall should be a major part of the story in which it's revealed. It shouldn't be an afterthought like in this.
>>
>>65171390
Pretty sure Sarkhan is dicking her over regularly rn
>>
>>65185373
Why?
It's not like the wall was an impenetrable prison from which there is no escape.
>>
>>65185373
Nahiri: How did you get out of the wall, you should have died a slow agonizing death bloodsucker!
Sorin: My grandpa saw that bitch olivia with my sword and found me lol
nahiri: But how did you stop emerakul! You're a monster sorin, how could you save your own when you left zendikar to suffer!
Sorin: Some fuckboi, a milf, and a swamp hag imprisoned her on innistrad
Nahiri:...
Sorin: Fucked up right? Now lets go help kill Ugins brother.
>>
>>65158206
>>65158719
>>65160019

Precisely. It was actually one of the only good stories of the time, where they simply showcased Bolas soloing a whole pantheon of gods and curbstomping them easily while rushing to beat them as fast as possible while he could still hold some of that sweet oldwalker power.

Killing all the adults and turning them into servant mummies and embalming 3 of the gods, just in case the other gods got a little uppity during his comeback was a pretty good plan, all things considered.
>>
>>65185816
I thought he dusted all the adults, and made use of a mummy army the gods already had to raise the children.
>>
>>65185836

You might be right, that part was at the end of the story after Bolas used cheat mechanics like phasing out to beat the gods.
>>
>>65153861

These statements are so generic. The only interesting concept here is Teyo being a newly awakened Planeswalker and getting stuck in a war as his first jump.
>>
>>65173890

Tarkir is VERY plane-centric in its time travel and required an ancient planeswalker to be melded with a plane`s nature to get it going.

I doubt they can pull that off without an equally unique scenario.
>>
>>65179154

Nah, he just is a non-person as far as anybody in Tarkir is concerned. He still has his spark and might be helping Ugin in the future.
>>
>>65171572

Also, you know, gloating about how the guy is only alive due to Ob`s mercy is always a good card to play.
>>
>>65180939

Well, Tricksters can also be black, if they are less subtle about it, like shadowmoor goblins.
>>
Let's say Nicol Bolas wins. How would he reshape all 10 guilds to serve him before he decides to obliterate Ravnica off the face of existence?
>>
>>65186024

I don`t think Bolas will stick around Ravnica if that happens.

Either he flees with all the sparks or he locks the plane down with all the other planeswalkers in so he can be evil without anybody stopping him.

Either way, he gets the hell out of Ravnica.
>>
>>65185997
The shadowmoor black goblins were sadistic murderers like murderous redcap, youre thinking of the lorwynn black goblins.
>>
>>65186062

Oh yeah, sorry. Black either way.
>>
>>65186099
You're good anon, just wanted to keep somebody from trying to try to split a hair and try to say you're wrong when the only thing you did was call the plane by its current name.
>>
>>65153861
>Kaya really popped for me
On what planet?
>>
>>65186024
Azorius make laws that please Bolas, Boros enforce them, Dimir are his personal spies making sure no one is thinking about rebelling, Izzet and Simic his personal scientists and Gruul his terrorist war force.
>>
KILL BOLAS!
>>
>>65186024
>Orzhov Syndicate
>Races: Loxodon
Are there literally any loxodon cards with the Orzhov watermark?
>>
>>65189458
Nope. Looks like all the Loxodons are Selesnya or Gateless. There's a Giant though, so you could replace it with Goliath I suppose.
>>
File: pretend you read it.jpg (51 KB, 500x371)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>65185898
Yeah you could easily change the names and make the interview relevant for any book you want.

>Ana really popped for me. She also is put in a very difficult situation and has to decide which way she's gonna go and whether she's gonna step up or not.
>I had a great time writing Raskoljnikov, I had a great time writing the idiot, the gambler, and the brothers
>I didn't go very deep into the Doctor's every day life because it's about the war.
>>
>>65189645
Heh
>>
>>65186165
Earth
>>
>>65153861
I'm so sick of all this crap going on in the MTG lore, but Greg Weisman is ma boi. I don't know how to feel. Maybe he can fix all of this.
>>
>>65193519
He says he was given a lot of liberty, but at the end of the day, he was also given a skeleton of what's happening in the WAR, so it's not like he gets full control on who lives and dies.
>>
>>65189645

>In conclusion, Ravnica is a plane of contrasts, thank you.
>>
They said there's gonna be some sort of panel today where they give out more plot info, hope that's on twitch too.
>>
Reminder; he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>65196038
Also, I should have figured this out without them announcing it, but we're getting the first WAR spoilers at PAX next week.
>>
>>65196060
>Attempt to turn the entire world into a biological singularity of goo.
>Horribly maim, kill, and re-cripple everyone his breakthrough free clinics and cytoplast facilities helped at once.
>Ruined the ability for the simic to keep researching the miracle biomancy material cytoplasm basically forever.
>Also fail, ruining all the work he did in the first place.

If he had just stuck with what he was doing, it would have been better for his plan and for the simic overall. The free cytoplast clinics were getting them massive amounts of clout and effectiveness, and it was making them the premier medical service in all of ravnica. If Momir had been willing to just work with that and slow down a little on his plan to subsume all of ravnica into a single organism, he could have brought up his clout and resources to the level where it would have been much, much harder to stop.

Alas, like any Resident Evil villain, he blew his load way too early and fucked it all up.
>>
>>65196945
>Alas, like any Resident Evil villain, he blew his load way too early and fucked it all up.
Hah
>>
>>65196038

https://www.comicsbeat.com/eccc-19-magic-the-gathering-reveals-spoilers-from-its-avengers-level-war-of-the-spark-story/

Cute Rat
>>
>>65199453
>Rat
>choosing to be Gruul
No one should want to be a barbarian.
>>
>>65196945
In his defense, Kraj was pretty fucking hard to stop.
>>
>>65171390
Huh, forgot I made that. Should probably update it since I think Rivals was my last go at it
>>
>>65199453
>The panel kicked off with an introduction of a secret panelist: author Django Wexler. The panel revealed that Wexler had written 20 free prequel stories that lead into Weisman’s upcoming War of the Spark novel, which will release through Del Rey. The prequel stories will be released online.

Cool!
>>
>>65200430
Nu-Jaya is there so that's not possible. Dominaria at the earliest.
>>
>>65199453
>The panel concluded with one more surprise: Weisman is writing a book two for Ravnica’s epic storyline. Teyo, Rat, Kaya, and Liliana will be the four main leads for this story.

Great, so now we know those 4 live too.
>>
>>65200376
Could have been harder.
But then, patience has always been a weakness of the Simic.
>>
>>65200806
Point. And I'm talking about Karn nuking Phyrexia too. Still, three sets back is almost a year. Got to add vivian, update five Walker pics and some text as well. Maybe I'll add the other unknown ones from WAR stained glass too.
>>
>>65200852
Do we, though?
>>
>>65200785

Wexler? That's a surprise, but I quite liked his Shadow Campaigns novels. Nice!
>>
>literal capeshit
please let it end with this
>>
What is the core emotion of BR? Desire?
>>
>>65200338

Well, you can if all the other guilds shit on you for one reason or another.
>>
>>65203833

Yup. Really wanting to do something and be willing to do anything to do said something.
>>
>>65203833
The core emotion of BR is HULK SMASH
>>
>>65172920
I'd actually be pretty impressed with an explanation like this. While Niv is an endlessly vain and absurdly intelligent enough to be the god-king of the most short sighted guild, he at least has the wisdom to stay in his lane where he can fuck around at his leisure and not have to deal with things that could potentially ruin his afternoon
>>
>>65204718
It'd be consistent with his characterization in Dissension, where he just straight-up fucked off after the Nephilim proved to require more than a modicum of effort.
>>
>>65171486
>>65189458
Not watermarked but spell tithe enforcer is definitely orzhov.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/Phrost_/status/1107385596282966016

Possible confirmation that in addition to Teyo, Rat, Kaya, Lili, Chandra, Ajani, and Tibalt, Jace, Ral, Vraska, Niv, and Lavinia survive.
>>
>>65205209
I don't know if "showing up in Book 2" necessarily means "surviving the whole ordeal"
Granted, I want all of those characters except for Liliana to make it out alive, but I was never under any illusions as to Liliana dying
>>
Rat looks so incredibly generic.
>>
>>65154745
>author favorite
>You want an author to judge her
Say it with me now: you don't have to like a character as a person to be able to like them as a character.
>>
>>65205284
You think so?
>>
>>65205336
He's right though, there can be well-written characters who are morally repugnant, pathetic, unsettling, whatever.
>>
>>65153861
i read this back in the day and it wasnt too bad
>>
>>65205336
How severe must your autism be for you to think that one can only like a character if one agrees with everything that character does?
>>
>>65205548
This is how industry works, you may be sure an author does the best for their character if they are waifufag
>>
Oh, cool, so they're actually dropping a lot of important lore from Guilds of Ravnica and Ravnica Allegiance. We're not just gonna have to stick to the art book.
>>
>>65205548
You would be amazed at how many retards think like that tard. They can't handle the character not making them feel good all the time. It has basically destroyed the ability of people to write complex characters because you cannot have them do anything ambiguous or suffer because it makes people get bad feels. That's why everything is so boring and bland.

>>65205562
If an author can only do the best for their story if the character is a waifu or self-insert then they are dog shit
>>
>>65205577
>It has basically destroyed the ability of people to write complex characters
I dunno about that. Pic related was a very popular character not too long ago and you'd have to be pretty deranged to think he was in the right even most of the time.
>>
>>65205284
He was literally talking about her "tugging at his heartstrings," though.
>>
>>65205661
>you'd have to be pretty deranged to think he was in the right even most of the time.
lots of people were on his side all the way. people HATED his wife when she had the incredibly reasonable stance of not appreciating the fact that her husband was cooking meth and doing business with dangerous criminals.
>>
>>65205577

I like seeing most of the characters I enjoy suffer.
>>
>>65205661
Because in the beginning he was entirely sympathetic. They went over the top to make him the most sympathetic meth dealer imaginable and constantly put him against total scumbags so you would root for him. It was a development, he wasn't a bad person from the get-go.
>>
>>65205684
You need to learn about a little thing called context. If you keep on reading that paragraph, other characters he mentions "tugging at his heart strings" include
>Jace and Vraska [...] Rat, Teyo
He clearly doesn't mean that he's in love with the character.
>>
>>65205761
He did put her as his favorite of them, and the "tugging at his heartstrings" bit makes it sound like he isn't going to judge her all that much for the shit she's done.
I'll be happy to be surprised by this. It's just frustrating because I've really liked the stuff with Liliana when she has to confront herself and who she is, but the way he's talking has me worried that we're going back to the decade or so of "Lili did nothing wrong!" that we had right up to Dominaria.
>>
>>65205761
I think the guy said that he literally fell in love with Rat as he was writing her
>>
>>65205716
Which does show that 1) a character doesn't have to be good person to be liked as a character, and that 2) people are incredibly bad at picking up subtext.

>>65205730
>he wasn't a bad person from the get-go.
He was though. They give hints about throughout the early episodes, they just don't hit you over the head with them. But Walter acts overly aggressive and prideful very early on and things he say don't quite add up. For example, the comapny that was "stolen" from him by his friends? He sold it to them entirely by his own free will. Yet he doesn't see his own responsibility in what turned out to be a poor decision but instead resents his friends and constructs and imaginary scenario where they tricked him out of his share.

Breaking Bad is a story about a villain, but we're not shown the entire picture because we get his take on the situation.
>>
>>65205661
Walter White is an exception
>>
I just want the immortal sun to be dropped on Rav, so PW are all stuck there while the lightning shit attracts them there. Bolas included. And this to be a last "hurah" and they never print them again outside Rav sets, the dedicated PW plane.
>things that will never happen for $100
>>
>>65206054
>and they never print them again outside Rav sets, the dedicated PW plane
We literally know they're printing Serra in Modern Horizons
>>
I don't remember Lily being judged for anything. She is more of a tragic heroine right now. Even Garrruk beating shit out of her caused a big scandal and considered toxic and problematic female abuser, not even getting a card in WAR where even Chinese thematic deck walkers got their. That being said, I see zero reasons for Greg Weisman to judge Lili especially if you keep in mind he is madly in love with her.
>>
>>65206074
>Even Garrruk beating shit out of her caused a big scandal and considered toxic and problematic female abuser
As silly as that whole debacle was, the problem people had wasn't that Liliana was losing as much as that the pose depicted on the card was more reminiscent of domestic abuse with rapey undertones than a wizard battle.
>>
>>65206106
Garruk is just a big guy who beats people to death or kills them with a big axe, how else was he supposed to fight her? She had fire ready in her hand to fireball his face anyway and then there's the Liliana version of the card where she's standing over Garruk as he's held down by 50 zombies.
I never got why that "debacle" happened
>>
>>65206106
How else would you try to drive your bone spike gauntlet through your opponents skull? Hes holding her down so she couldnt get away from his attack and she still fucking got away. Garruk isnt fucking dante from dmc and he cant just do a stinger for the killing blow, he had to get close to kill her.
>>
File: Garruk.png (112 KB, 848x278)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>65206074
From a week ago.
>>
File: trailiertrashtriumph.jpg (209 KB, 600x438)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>65206139
>how else was he supposed to fight her?
Again, the problem some people had was the pose, you dense fuck. The way Garruk was leaning over Liliana while seemingly focing her legs apart with his knee looked too much like a rape attempt for some.

The controversy was stupid, but acting like the artist couldn't possibly have depicted the same scene in a different way doesn't help anyone.
>>
>>65206254
He looks like he's about to kill her with a punch to the face. That's how Garruk kills things half the time. And she had fire swirling around in her hand so it's not like she was defenseless. In fact, she gets out of it, probably by hitting him in the face with fire, and then has him held down by 50 zombies.
If you look at that and you see rape, that's a problem with your sick mind. I just saw it as Garruk trying to kill some bitch he hates.
>>
>>65206290
>That's how Garruk kills things half the time
And people who knew the context weren't the problem. The problem was that people who didn't know the context saw the image and thought it looked like a rape scene, which then creates public image, at least in WotC's mind, that Magic is a game for rapists.
>>
>>65206340
>that Magic is a game for rapists
Or rather that Magic is a game full of sexual violence, which is an image WotC doesn't want as their target demographic is primarily teenagers.
>>
>>65206340
That's fucking stupid, those people don't even play Magic. Who cares what they think?
>>
>>65206254
It looks like a typical one handed pin by a stronger dude that we see many times in fiction. It's a trope.

Does this look like rape to you?
>>
>>65206378
WotC cares, because WotC wants new players to pick up the game, and WotC doesn't want to have to deal with another controversy akin to "D&D is literally satanism."
>>
>>65206064
Horizons isn't a new plane or has a single storyline. And the only PW shown so far is canon ded.

I'm so happy they havnt gone back to New Phyrexia yet. I don't want them to ruin it. The little bits of lore in commander sets for it is enough.
>>
>>65206378
You think it's stupid?
No, Wizards publishing articles about patreon whor... I mean, MtG cosplayers quiting their hobby after being bullied by "leftists and Trump supporters from 4chan" is.
>>
>>65206254
If it had been two men, no one would have cared. But in reality women are not equal to men, so it became problematic .
>>
>>65206254
>>65206340
If you see this, and your immediate thought is rape, YOU have a problem. Normal people see it an d think he's just going to kill her, but she's some kind of witch so she has fire ready to throw in that big guy's face, it could go either way.
People who have rape on the mind look at it, and see rape.
>>
>>65206391
That does look like rape anon. Btw who else here wants to fuck that dragon?
>>
File: rna-200-ravager-wurm.jpg (109 KB, 569x408)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>65204562
No, that's RG
>>
File: 1552894702212.jpg (95 KB, 640x715)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
>>65206054
Well yeah, the entire reason planeswalkers are printed as much as they are is because they're popular. They sell packs, regardless of how good they are - and have since Lorwyn. That's like saying 'they should never print a dragon except on Tarkir, the dedicated dragon plane'
>>
>>65154068
36 Walkers in the set, remaining missing big names and maybe Bolas and Ugin for the Mythic edition, I'd assume.
>>
>>65162046
I always figured he brought it the Eldrazi to try and control them but once he realized they were toxic to be around just kinda peaced out and left Zendikar to die.
>>
>>65207296
So that's definitely an Izzet building in the background. Are they charging some kind of invention Ral and Niv put together with their sparks to counter whatevee Bolas is planning?
>>
>>65171022
Eldrazi evolving to combat the Gatewatch might be interesting.

Garruk picking off walkers would be a great multiplane problem.

New Phyrexia birthing a being who sparks would be interesting.
>>
>>65209457
But Phyrexians literally cannot Spark because the glistening oil that causes Phyresis or is a part of Phyrexian physiology inherently prevents freedom from Yawgmoth's will, and you need free will to have a Spark. The two things are so opposed that just having a Spark near Phyrexian oil will violently cause it to fly in every direction, like when Venser gave his Spark to Karn.
They might build a Planar Bridge or capture a Planeswalker but they can't make one. If they did, it would be a huge fuck you to their own lore. WotC is stupid but I'd like to think they aren't that stupid.
But I think it's obvious that at some point we're going to get Return to Theros so Ajani can get revenge for Elspeth, and Return to New Phyrexia so that Karn can journey into the core like Urza tried to do and end them once and for all
>>
>>65209514
But New Phyrexia has already evolved to ignore Yawgmoth’s designs. They manipulate all forms of mana. They also are constantly seeking new ways to fuck with the world. If one of the Praetors keep mass making beings I think it’s possible that one could spark while remaining infused with oil.
>>
>>65209595
Phyrexia is anti-thesis of Planeswalker's spark. They can't mix unless WotC goes full retard and retcons it.
>>
>>65209928
>implying WotC has never retconned tens of times before
>>
>>65209971
They never retconess Phyrexia and Spark being uncompatible.
Anyway, even if they'll do it in future, for now no Phyrexian can be a Planeswalker.
When Karn got his (or Venser's) spark back, it purified him from the influence of the oil.
>>
>>65210037
I agree it’s not possible right now but even in your example you’re talking about who was not born Phyrexian.

What projects do you think the Praetors are working on if not transplanar invasion through any means necessary?
>>
>>65171022

Ugin
>>
>>65209928
It means they'll do it in less than 5 years. Screencap this.
>>
File: file.png (1.26 MB, 948x692)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>65171022
>>
>>65196945
>clout
dumb zoomer
>>
>>65210339
Are we not allowed to use the word clout now?
>>
>>65210365
It's weird, I didn't even know clout is a zoomer word.
Have you heard zoomers talking? They say shit like "finna" and "yeet" I don't get it at all
>>
>>65210408
Yeet means to throw something away/in the thrash, from what I understand.
>>
File: CucksOfTheCoast.png (161 KB, 1004x723)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>65171022
The forces of white supremacy and patriarchy. Every white male planeswalker will be castrated and travel the planes to atone for his existence by serving women and aiding them to reclaim their power
>>
File: Gix.jpg (183 KB, 620x551)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Soon
>>
Anyone play Ravnica for D&D?
>>
>>65210694
In all these years I never realized Gix was caressing some other freak. I always thought he just had his finger up in the air for no real reason.
>>
Could the Sundering in Alara be redone in other planes?
>>
>>65210937
Yeah. It’s pretty cool. Ravnica is unironically my favorite setting so I had to get it
>>
>>65210949
That's just the artists mistake of making the background and foreground similar in colour
>>
>>65210137
Best praetor (Jin-Gitaxias) is obsessed over Planeswalker spark (just like Memnarch was) and tries to discover it by vivisections. He doesn't believe that it's not a material thing like an organ. (He's also obsessed over other things like Urabrask being Hidden.)
Elesh Norn eavesdropped about Jin's effort and knows about theory of Mutliverse.
>>
>>65211842
>Jin-Gitaxias
>Best praetor
How so?
>>
>>65211871
Well, he's obviously the best. It's one of the most evident and true things in the observable universe.
Degenerate waifufags may claim otherwise but they "think" with their penises and not brains.
>>
>>65211871
He best embodies the phyrexian ideal progress at any cost
>>
>>65211871
He wins the game in the most certain way. Other praetors are shit compared to him. Like, c'mon. You can have bigger creatures. You can have pop creatures out faster than you sacrifice them. You can untap your shit, including lands and creatures. But it's Magic, so you can't so anything without cards. That's why.
>>
>>65210137
Karn actually technically is a phyrexian. His heartstone is his mothers, xanchanta, who was a phyrexian that urza fell in love with to the point he was even able to make her planeswalk with him. We have only seen that since then with chingy chang and his dog.
>>
>>65213730
>chingy chang and his dog.
Is that the green Asian?
>>
>>65213853
The blue one was a girl right? Its the boy one.
>>
>>65213891
So the green one then.
I'm not familiar with either of their lore, though.
>>
>>65213905
Boy can planeswalk with his dog, I think it died and he reanimated it so it technically was infused with enough mana to become a construct without losing its soul.
Girls lore is that she is a girl who is very asian.
>>
>>65213974
This lack of lore saddens me.
>>
Since Venser transferred his spark to Karn, does this mean a spark could be transferred to anyone? Could I make a planeswalking animal by transferring sparks?
>>
>>65213987
I honestly think they have more lore but I wasnt going to spend money for their crappy decks and lore poster. On a side note boy is going to show up in the war of the spark so we may see him get killed by a draconic super god.
>>
>>65214021
Daretti is a planeswalker naturally, and glissa had her spark transferres to slobad, anything sentient enough can have a spark. If there were a plane with smart enough squirels, like bablovia, you could have a planeswalking squirel.
>>
>>65214112
That's never gonna happen, though, WotC loves humanoids.
>>
>>65214234
Thats true, but the possibility is there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.