[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: shiticulture.png (4.25 MB, 2968x2406)
4.25 MB
4.25 MB PNG
Board Games General /bgg/: Balls Deep

Prebious Tread >>64995279

Pastebin (contains bugpersons for whom you really should not assume gender): https://pastebin.com

Deepest game you own?

Deepest game you've played?

Rules light, actually deep game?

Note: deep does not mean complex or heavy, strictly speaking!
>>
>>65092142
Deepest game I own/played is probably Cuba Libre, the rules are not super heavy and the map is pretty small but the player interactions in 4 player go really deep, it's a masterfully made game.
>>
>>65092142
really good post. how do you fuck up copy/pasting a pastebin link?

https://pastebin.com/h8Tz2ze8
>>
>>65092142
That OP image is fantastic

>Deepest game you own?
>Deepest game you've played?
I think that's gotta be Pericles. As it happens it's also pretty heavy. There's maybe about 16 or so pages of rules effectively, and I'm not sure I'd say any of the rules are super-duper complex or difficult to understand, but they're your standard GMT rules format though, so they'd probably be considered a bit... dry. Anyway, put those rules together and you've got a real brain burner of a game.

>Rules light, actually deep game?
Of the games I've played I probably have to go with Twilight Struggle, though I'm being very subjective about what "rules light" means! I just haven't played or own any rules-light games I'd also say were deep. I'm thinking about ordering An Infamous Traffic, which is certainly rules light at <5 pages, but as I haven't played it I have no idea if it qualifies as "deep."

Also what would you say the definition of deep is OP and/or other anons? Am I confusing depth with complexity/weight/opacity?
>>
>>65092142
>Deepest game you own?
Probably either 1st Ed. Study in Emerald or KD:M.

Santorini

>>65085721
I'd recommend checking out Flashpoint, Red November and Treasure Island. Based on your list, I think they'd be right up your alley.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1552345449830.jpg (92 KB, 1280x960)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
I just wanted to share this with y'all.
>>
>player buys Twilight Imperium
>we play it
>he loses
>while screaming at us, pours an entire litre of milk into the box and all over all of the pieces

I dont get it, Jerry, how are you this much of a retard?
>>
>>65094544

Thats nothing I once saw a guy rip up a 300 dollar deck of MtG cards. He cried the whole time, called someone a nigger. Great time
>>
>>65094616
>called someone a nigger

The only drama I've ever had at an MtG tournament was some nerd allegedly sniffed some hambeast's chair when she got up to pee.
>NO I WAS GETTING A DIE THAT HAD FALLEN UNDER IT
>>
>>65094544
Worst behavior I've seen in public?

>At our FLGS.
>About to play a game of 'Rampage' \
>The rules suggest whoever does the best monster impression should go first.
>About to crack out some dice and just roll it out, when one hambeast lets out this fucking ear-piercing shriek.
>Everyone in the store is staring at us, worried and confused.
>I'm fucking stunned and reeling at this point, when another player jumps up onto the table and starts stomping and growling like a fucking castrated Godzilla.

Fuckers nearly got me banned from the store. I swear to god, hosting games days for people in the Fetish community was the dumbest fucking idea I've ever had.

Second worst situation:

>An absolute headcase came along.
>Was losing a game of Stone Age.
>Excused herself to the bathroom.
>Few minutes later a girl comes rushing out of the toilets and tells the manager to call the cops and an ambulance, because there's a woman in the toilets with a razor to her throat threatening to kill herself.

Fucking nutters.
>>
I played Clank! for the first time last friday, it was fun.
>>
>>65093858
I've been looking at Pericles, it seems really cool. How hard would it be to introduce it to non-wargamers though? They've played COIN but not much else.
>>
File: dd-stickers-1984-5.jpg (261 KB, 883x1600)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>
>>65094468
Sonic the Beholder?
>>
>>65094468
Well! Someone's getting the old 'stink-eye'.
>>
File: pic3214.jpg (22 KB, 243x300)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Just ordered an unpunched copy of this on Ebay. Anyone have any experience with it?
>>
>>65095673
How did you do? Did anybody grab the 5pt treasure?
>>
>>65099640
The can't have fucked it up as bad as the movie
>>
>>65099640
Nice. You'll want to get a counter tray or other container to keep all the counters sorted. You can start out with basic rules / scenarios and move on to increased complexity like tunnels, human psychics, etc.
>>
File: kallax-498x1024.jpg (136 KB, 498x1024)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Bump this
>>
>>65099775
Oh yeah for sure, I like to use bait boxes to sort chits for the most part
>>
>>65092142
Why are the wojaks not shitting?
>>
>>65095023
>lose board game
>commit suicide

Let her desu
>>
If I make a board game will you play it?
>>
>>65095023
>Was spectating Axis and Allies (If I recall? It was some ww2 game, this was years ago), waiting for a friend to show up
>They're setting up, figuring out who is going to be which side
>One guy pipes up
>Can't remember exactly what he said since this is years ago, but something along the lines of he'll play Germany because his grand parents are German
>Says that they were actual nazis and proud
>Then shouts at the top of his lungs "THAT'S RIGHT MY GRANDPARENTS WERE NAZIS AND THEY WERE PROUD!"
inb4 someone accuses me of pancake posting
>>
>>65100078
Wow
That's literally half a ton of shit.
You got a few good ones in there, but the majority is quite shite.
Why not go all Marie Kondo and let that pressure of your mind?
>>
So I rarely get together with a group, once every couple months, and it’s the only time I get to play games at 4 players.
They’re fairly casual gamers and absolutely love Tyrants of the Underdark to the point they request it every time. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great game but I’m getting a little bored of it and want to play some other stuff at 4p. We’ve played other games like Concordia/inis/ticket to ride which have gone down fine enough but Concordia is about at the limit of how heavy they’ll go.
Any suggestions for other games to play? All of my other games are heavier euros and they not very keen on them.
From tyrants they like the quick turns, the interaction, and the ramp up.
>>
>>65101120
Have you tried
the Tyrants expansion?

Jokes aside...I have to confess that I'm unsure what to suggest beyond "games like Tyrants/deckbuilders"

apparently Mythotopia and A Handful of Stars have a similar deck-building/area-control mechanic, so you might look into them. Hyperborea is a bag-builder instead of a deck builder, and Cry Havoc came up while I was looking for it, and several people talk it up around here.
>>
>>65099748
literally just watching a review as I read this, wtf, get out of my house.

(the movie is amazing)
>>
>>65092142
That's a fucking stupid OP.
>>
>>65099640
Book is great.
Movie is great.
Comparing the two.
That is not great.
>>
>>65100326
Well I didn't go in and stop her.
>>
Where the fuck is seasons of inis matagot? I need a date.
>>
>>65101713
I don't think they're much interested in your love life, but I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>65101826
Hur Hur Hur. For real though, it was winter 2018 then q1 2019 and there's still no announcement.
>>
>>65100511
Not mine, senpai.
>>
>>65095753
Rules-wise it probably shouldn't be any trouble if they can handle COIN games, however apart from being a 4-player game with a certain level of asymmetry, there's not really much else in common. Pericles is a political-military game, and more of a sandbox than the COIN games. The wealth of choices you have available, and how to balance them against the opposing faction on your side as well as against the opposing city-state, can be overwhelming.

Fortunately, there's a series of training scenarios which will ease you into the game, as well as an AI strategy matrix which can be followed if you feel you need a bit of guidance when you're getting acquainted with the game. Or if you're group is similar to mine go with the "learn-by-losing" method of figuring out strategy. Anyway, I'd say Pericles is a game which requires a few plays to really get into. Just be ready for the resolution of order stacks to always fuck your shit up.
>>
What was your most vicious board game turn, anon?
>>
>>65103044
5/2 opener with Mountebank in the kingdom.

Real talk I'd guess something in Dominant Species since that gave is savage, but nothing specific comes to mind.
>>
>>65103044
Shaking on a no aggression pact with a friend in TI3 about 6 hours in as we approach end game. He would signal jam another player, leaving himself completely vulnerable to my large army. His original intent was to signal jam my own fleet. But under our agreement, I would go in and wipe out the jammed players empire. I was Naalu, and so the first move of the turn was me stabbing him in the back about 2 minutes after the handshake/signal jam. You could watch the mans soul break in his heart. Ever since the table always tells a TI newbie to not trust a word i say
>>
>>65103145
> wow, I went back on my word and attacked you, theehee
Are you playing with little kids or are you just autistic? (Don't answer.)

That's not interesting or vicious if you're over the age of five.
>>
>>65103456
Woah, you sure showed me! Gimme another hot take, anon. Gone me something down right DEVIOUS
>>
It really sucks how frogposters have taken to trying to hijack generals because they are literally unable to produce posts of worth on their own.
>>
>>65103145
>trusting your friends
>calling them friends
Dagda.jpg
>>
>Deepest game you own?
Gloomhaven. I love it.

>Deepest game you've played?
Twilight Imperium. TI counts as deep, right? It's huge at least and the amount of strategies available is pretty huge.

Any game that is about lying to people, IMO. Secret Hitler, Bang, etc.
>>
>>65095023
> hosting games days for people in the Fetish community was the dumbest fucking idea I've ever had.

Lost it totally. Thank you, good sir.
>>
>>65103145
Warning newbies about each other is just part of the pre game strategy for us.
>>
>>65103044
I can't think of any truly vicious turns, but whenever I'm asked about something like this, I'm reminded of my friend making up a speech at the end of a game of Risk, because he was so MAD.

This was back when we were teens in the early 2000's, and I had this reputation of being stupidly lucky in our games: I'd have one guy take out 3-4 attackers and so on. In a game of Risk 2210, I completely eliminated a 40 unit built up army through the use of like, 5-6 Nuke cards.

So at some point, we're quasi-roleplaying just to add some more fun to Risk's mechanics, and my friend beats me down and finally takes my last territory, and he goes on a small rant about "This ends here, now. I will not parade you through the streets like a trophy, you will receive no trial, because SOMEONE In that fucking crowd would owe you a favor from fucking THIRD GRADE, and they'd let you out, and we'd start this dance all over again. You die here."

Bit blog-posty, I know, but I wanted to bump the thread and it's the closest story I had.
>>
>>65110097
>but I wanted to bump the thread

Why? It's been shit thanks to the shit OP. Let it die and someone will make something better.
>>
>>65110461
Doubtful on most points.
>>
Anyone tried Keyforge?
I played one game vs a friend and I really liked it. I lost but only by 3 keys to 2. Her deck ended up completely flooding the board with creatures that could kill mine as soon as I put them out, but my cards had more aember symbols on them so I could stall for a bit and still almost win.
>>
>>65111266

I quite enjoy it and I'm playing in the Vault Tour this weekend. Also The Crucible exists so you can play online.
>>
>>65111266
I played it a couple times and quite liked it. It felt a little feast-or-famine-y, but overall I liked it. That may be because I pulled one of the horsemen decks for my first one, though, so grain of salt.
>>
Is Scythe a meme flavour of the month game or is it actually good, I like that sort of boardgame but wondering if its got good replayability and enough depth?
>>
File: FetDice.png (112 KB, 809x516)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>65105966
I just wish I was joking.
>>
Recommend me some fun multiplayer games where players have the ability to dick on each other. I've been looking at Clank. Preferably good games.
>>
>>65111266
Some of us at my LGS played Keyforge for a few weeks as a side project to MtG. The game was really fun but eventually my LGS couldn't get hold of any more stock and it died off.
>>
>>65112365
>meme flavour of the month game
people been drooling at scythe for like two years now. Good or bad it's definitely not flavour if the month.
I have never seen anyone make a decent complaint about the game, only hate filled shitposting. But i never played it so I can't tell more.
>>
>>65112416
Merchants and Marauders
Blood bowl:Team Manager
Evolution: climate
Imhotep
Mare Nostrum
>>
>>65112475
I've played Scythe. Only major argument I could label against it is that, despite all the moving parts, the game feels a bit...bland.

As you play through the game, it feels less like you're in a fight with the other players and more like you're in a race.

The game sort of doesn't want you to fight a lot, the base game is a little unbalanced for some nations and overall...it feels overhyped?

It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but the artwork and scale of the game feels out of sync with the level it is mechanically.

Like dressing up a game of Tic-Tac-Toe in a fancy dress and charging double price for it.
>>
>>65112365
The biggest issue with Scythe, as many have pointed out, is that Scythe is not really a 4x game, nor is there a lot of Mech combat. It's mostly a economic engine-builder, with mechs servings as guardians for your economic units.

If you like medium economic builders, I recommend it.
>>
>>65112416
Clank is fun, and I'm a deckbuilding whore, but there is less actual interaction than taking someone's action in a euro.

Arctic scavengers
King of Tokyo
Evolution: the beginning
>>
>>65092142
Eurogamers, what is your favorite Ameritrash and vice/versa?

For me, War of the Rings is the best Ameritrash game, hands down. My friends and I still tell eachother stories from previous games. Close second would probably be Claustrophobia (original, haven't tried new edition).

Meanwhile, my 40k, dice-loving friend absolutely loved Concordia.
>>
>>65113361
>Eurogames
>Ameritrash

What do Australians get?
>>
>>65113457
Politely asked to leave.
>>
>>65113457
Absurdly high prices
>>
>>65112365
Really the only people who complain about Scythe are shitposters and people who didn't do any research on the game then get upset when the whole thing isn't mech combat.
It's a great game with just the right amount of depth/tactical choices without feeling bogged down. I have fun at all player counts up to 4p(haven't played higher than that) and the solo game is second to none in my opinion.
In terms of replayability, excluding short card games like Race for the Galaxy/7 Wonders Duel etc, its my most played game and I'm still exciting to pull it off the shelf.
I also don't really get the complaints about price. Maybe its different in other countries but here it's only $10/15 more expensive than other games in my collection like Marco Polo, Great Western trail, Troyes etc in which the component quality/volume isn't even close to the same level.
>>
>>65113612
Solo play, Scythe is a great engine. But when it comes to multiplayer games, it's just a polished brick.

It's a good brick. Perfectly functional. Does its job properly and all. But it's still a brick dressed up and prettied. There is minimal player interaction and it's touted as being a 4x when all it is is a (admittedly functional) economic engine game. And it's not the best one of those out there - though I dare say it's the prettiest.
>>
>>65113457
Upside down collection waggling
>>
>>65113361
>Eurogamers, what is your favorite Ameritrash and vice/versa?
I had an edgy "euro games aren't for me, let me chuck all the dice" phase a couple years after I got into the hobby, but a decade later I've been venturing back into them. Brass:Birmingham has been my favorite so far, and a friend plans to get Food Chain Magnet soon, and I'm really excited to play that and see how/if it tops Brass.
>>
>>65113457
I get it's a joke, but it's as good a time as any for our monthly primer for new board gamers:
"Eurogame" and "Ameritrash" do not actually refer solely to games produced in the respectively continents, but instead refer to two differing design philosophies that were rooted on either continent.

The exact boundaries of the philosophies are disputed and somewhat nebulous, but are ROUGHLY akin to

Eurogame
-Reduced direct player conflict
-Unlikely to include player elimination
-Likely focused on an economic action
-A reduced importance for component detail (colored cubes are common)
-Relatively lower luck-based actions.

Ameritrash
-More luck-based game-play (dice rolling, card drawing, etc)
-Heavier emphasis on theme (rules may be included that make the game less enjoyable, but are more accurate to the situation or genre being emulated)
-More direct player conflict, often with a focus on combat.
-Greater component details (plastic miniatures, elaborate boards, etc)

I mainly bring it up because it's not impossible that some new paradigm of gaming arises in another locale, so "AR-sian Games" or "Auss-Toss" could arise, if the relative continents saw a sudden industry boom for AR games or Dexterity-based games, respectively.
>>
>>65113738
What games do you think do it better? Generally curious and would like to check them out.
Also I think the argument of whether its 4x or not is kind of irrelevant. No one aside from a couple autists on here actually care either way. Whatever classification the game falls in to, myself and everyone I know who plays it will still enjoy it.
>>
inis 2 when?
>>
File: pjimage-4-2.jpg (94 KB, 738x415)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Any advice for 3p games?

So far I've got:

Hansa Teutonica
Tigris and Euphrates
Broom Service
>>
>>65114178
>Aus-Toss.

Finally, a genre for Dungeon Fighter.
>>
>>65100078
When I see big walls of games like this I always wonder how many times you actually play any of these games? You see it with almost all reviewers, they have stacks and stacks of games, yet their reviews are so shallow obviously based off one, maybe two plays. It was the most surprising behaviour pattern that stood out to me when I became interested in the hobby, amassing huge collections appears more appealing than the games themselves.
>>
Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Between Two Cities, or Castles of Mad King Ludwig?
>>
>>65094721
If I ever witnessed something like that I would reconsider the life I lived up to that point. Maybe I'd get new hobbies.
>>
>>65092142
Tough question OP, deep is hard to define.

I want to say the deepest game I own is maybe Root. There’s still a lot to unravel in the strategy but you really do have to be ready to adapt to not only which factions are in play but also your opponents’ playing styles for those factions.

Deepest I’ve played is A Distant Plain, that game can get pretty nuts. The factions are predictable but you really need to push hard to break through the equilibrium to win.

Rules light, actually deep: Twilight Struggle I suppose.
>>
>>65112644
>The biggest issue with Scythe, as many have pointed out, is that Scythe is not really a 4x game
No, the biggest issue with Scythe is that something like Project Gaia or Clans of Caledonia is better in every way. The only thing Scythe brings is shitty overproduced components.
>>
>>65092142
I love Through The Ages!
>>
>>65118221
Eh, Gaia Project is a fairly different game, being closer to an actual 4x experience.
>>
>>65118441
> Gaia Project is a fairly different game
Yes, if by "different" you mean "actually fun and deep".
>>
I'm getting into dominion I've got the base set 2nd edition I am interested in expansions what do you recommend?
>>
>>65119614
A better deck builder.
>>
>>65119614
>Dominion expansions:
Simple: Seaside (some would recommend Prosperity, they are wrong)
Medium complexity: Renaissance
Fairly complex: Dark Ages
Very complex: Adventures
Pick from that list. If you can deal with the added rules, they generally get better as you go down the list. Obviously "complex" is a relative term here; none of them turn Dominion into Twilight Struggle, but of course some of them have to be slightly heavier than the others.
>>
>>65119895
thanks for the recommendations. what's your favorite gameplay mechanic added in one of those expansions. I spent some time reading about seaside and it looks interesting adding things to set up for next turn
>>
>>65119961
Projects (from Renaissance) are interesting. You buy them once and then rather than getting a card for your money, you get a bonus ability for the rest of the game (like "+1 Buy every turn"). Trying to work out when that's better than actually building up your deck is a cool addition.
>>
>>65120146
that's cool reminds me a bit of stations in star realms
>>
>>65112416
Depend on your player count and the time you want to spend playing.
I would recommend Mascarade (hi player count, quick) or Archipelago (3-5p, long game).
>>
>>65113361
As an eurogamer, I love Arkham Horror LCG. I really want to play Twilight Imperium too.
>>
>>65119467
Not really sure how you can sing the praises of GP+CoC and get upset by Scythe. They're all great games.
GP, and CoC to an extent, are more rules heavy but in terms of tactical depth they all feel pretty similar to me.
>>
>>65120399
No, GP and CoC are way easier rules-wise than Scythe. Scythe is also much shallower.

Shallow + heavy rules + overproduction is actually a great commercial niche. Many people want to feel like they're playing a "serious heavy" game without putting in the effort of actually getting good.

Personally I despise those sorts of games.
>>
>>65120730
I don't care who you are, or what games you've got a hate boner for, Scythe is not at all heavier than Gaia Project.
>>
>>65092142
Why do you hate Viticulture, it's quite good and great for new players?
I love how fast it makes your head go holy shit board games are pretty cool.
>>
>>65120861
this, how can you call scythe rules heavy?
>>
>>65120952
>>65120861
Did you even read my post? There's a difference between "rules complexity" and "game depth". See obvious examples: Go.

Scythe is very rules-heavy compared to Gaia Project; Gaia Project rules are very simple and abstract, all you do is place or upgrade buildings on a map according to very simple procedures.

Going from "I get the rules" to "what the fuck do I do to make meaningful plays" is a big stumbling block that's much larger for GP.
>>
>>65121528
combat is extremely simple, taking a turn is extremely simple, moving and exploring are extremely simple. Playing scythe unoptimally is very easy. I don't know why you are answering stuff we didn't say.
>>
>>65121633
In fact being easy to pick up is one of the things i see people often praising scythe for. It wouldn't have had the success it did if it weren't so. People don't like hard to pick up games
>>
File: 21230585391_49336dac9f_z.jpg (1.53 MB, 2048x1536)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
These cards are pretty tiny
>>
>>65121651
>>65121633
Read my post again, you dumb fuck. Learning the rules for Gaia Project is easy (much easier than even Terra Mystica), picking it up and playing it is hard.

Learning the rules for Scythe is a chore, learning to play it is easy.

I've repeated this three times already, and you're too dense to understand a simple one-sentence thought. You must be a true Scythe fan.
>>
>>65115072
Triumph and Tragedy
>>
>>65122589
These cards are pretty huge
>>
File: 9d5.png (59 KB, 680x680)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>65123037
>Learning the rules for Scythe is a chore, learning to play it is easy.
But i am literally saying the opposite of this
>>
>>65115072
Very much seconding >>65123085
Le Havre
Churchill

Also, a bit niche, but Sierra Madre's Pax games might be worth a look, I've read they play well with 3.
>>
Normally I'd avoid mentioning Kickstarter stuff, but given the limited quantities (as in around 110 as of this posting) of Claustrophobia 1643 copies available, figure someone might appreciate being informed that their second KS to get rid of the last 2500 copies is live right now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/claustrophobia-1643-soundscape
>>
File: download.jpg (237 KB, 1000x667)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>65123222
>>65122589
These cards are just right
>>
>>65115072
Forbidden Stars
Xia
Exodus (works equal with 3-5)
Sword & Sorcery
Anachrony
Gloomhaven
Arkham Horror 2nd ed (works equal with 2-4)
Through the Ages: ANSoC
Secret Unknown Stuff: Escape from Dulce
>>
>>65115072
Mottainai
>>
>>65123222
really shitty UI
>>
>>65123833
>Arkham Horror 2nd ed

Is that really a fun game?
>>
File: test2.jpg (1.28 MB, 1766x2293)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Steal 2
Add 2
Trash 2
I already gave Munchkin away, and Monopoly was a gift.
>>
>>65124424
>Steal
Starcraft
KDM

>Add
Rising Sun
51st State

>Trash
Catan
Hive
>>
>>65124119
I have a complete MoM 2nd ed and Arkham Horror LCG collection and I still play Arkham Horror 2nd.

AHLCG is for 1-2 player. MoM2ndED for 2-3 and AH2 for 4.

I only play AH2 with the Dunwhich expansion though, even when the Innsmouth expansion looks cool.
>>
Played Root with 3p all first timers.

Was underwhelmed although we admittedly didn't really understand most of the game.

I played marquis, tried to shit out recruits and went for mouse domination and had it twice save for not understanding the game. Birds won on VPs but admitted I should have won twice. Everybody kind of had a bad taste after it was over.

I can't imagine a 6p game not being a cluster.
>>
>>65125365
>Was underwhelmed although we admittedly didn't really understand most of the game.

This quote should be on the Root box
>>
>>65125387
>>65125365
What did you mean by this exactly? That the game is messy or that it actually is hard to understand the rules enough to play it?
>>
I just found out The Ancient World is getting a reprint. Awesome.
>>
>>65125365
Maybe read the rulebook before playing the game next time? I imagine most games are worse if you try and play them without understanding how they're supposed to work.
>>
File: WAGGLE.png (1004 KB, 879x875)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
>>65124424
Steal: Tigirs & Euphrates, Space Hulk: Death Angel
Adding: Condotierre, Sidereal Confluence
Trash: Secret Hitler, Star Realms

Upping the ante: steal 3, add 3, burn 3
>>
>>65125387
>This quote should be on the Root box
What's that quote you think is missing from that one game you love/hate
>It's a lean, mean, dick-punching machine -Kemet
>>
>>65125678
>Munchkin: 20 minutes of fun packed into an hour of gameplay!
>>
File: 2-19 waggle.png (5.89 MB, 1527x3317)
5.89 MB
5.89 MB PNG
>>65125645
Steal: BattleCON, Nightfall, Missing Thumbnail
Add: Netrunner, Kemet, Rex
Burn: Spirit Island, Catan, MTG
>>
What are some good *recent* worker placement games?

Bonus points for being kind of mid-weight and lasting somewhere from 90-120 minutes.
>>
File: 801.gif (479 KB, 528x387)
479 KB
479 KB GIF
>>65125794
>Steal: Missing Thumbnail
Congrats STEEV, you now have Blood bowl team manager with the undead expansion!
>Burn: Spirit Island
Pic related
>>
>>65125625
you imagine it because you don't actually play huh?

>>65125434
the guy who brought the game is a weird ESL dude who isn't the best teacher. He played Alliance and didn't bother to or couldn't articulate how it actually worked. There is too much sit and cram the rulebook, starting scenerio and everything else so eventually we just tried to hit the ground running and figure it out through play- when it was over we saw the ramifications of the tutorial turns' choices clearly enough but like the eyrie player whined the whole game about how they were going to eat negative points and how much it would suck but only wiped their board once very late when they literally had no birds and no eyrie so failed recruiting and building. Another example, when I flopped the dominance card I didn't really realize that for the rest of the game that was my only play- I was taking myself out of the VP race. Meanwhile our Alliance buddy was sitting on like 3 VPs the whole game.

I don't know how else to explain what I meant, I mean I was just shitting out cats because I figured it would help but then got cucked because I never drew a bird card until the very last round and never had the right cards to pay Alliance, a "power" which wasn't explained until mid turn trying to move through them.

It's weird too the Eyrie player is usually the one who looks at anything and just naturally comes up with the best path to an engine, deck or VPs as the case may be. With Root they were just hung up on the negative points and despite my trying to explain how I had to build each thing but her eyries did everything already just was paralized and we had to talk her through several turns, which even as they happened she didn't seem to understand. (draft your card to move, you can make a dead move to fulfill your edict and not wipe. What? look put the card in move and you can just move some random thing that doesn't affect anything. but then I can't fight. you use the other move/fight.
>>
>>65126020
>blood bowl team manager
Yeah, alright.
>pic related
Gonna make me glass nippon just to get at a co-op game? Bold gamble.
>>
>>65126090
Interesting, i was asking because i am homemaking root and i was alreayd havign nightmares of having to explain every faction in the first game. I honestly have no idea how to get everyone to understand what everyone else does without taking to long and making sure they will remember it(bonus difficulty because it iwll probably be a 5-6 players first game). It will probably just be a mess of a first game, i just hope it doesn't go so bad they will refuse to play again.
>>
File: 9745768.jpg (1.72 MB, 1578x1684)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
(Just gonna copy my post from a previous thread)

So which 2019 releases are you excited for?

I'm most excited for these, in no particular order:

>On Mars
Would be my first Lacerda game and probably also the longest and heaviest game in my collection. Would also be my first Mars game. Love the theme and everything I've read about it so far. Plus artwork by Ian O'Toole.

>Black Angel
Looks great visually and themewise but aside from the designers' pedigree I don't really know much about it. Though I expect nothing less than greatness from them. I mean it's the same team that designed Troyes. Plus also artwork by Ian O'Toole.

>Darwinauts
Looks and sounds cool. Not really sure what to expect gameplaywise but I'm a sucker for <45min games with great art, theme, and smooth, simple gameplay. Artwork by Vincent Dutrait.

>Res Arcana
Designed by Lehmann who also made RftG and seems to be THE grand achievement of engine building if one can believe Tom Vasel and Rahdo. Usually I like sci-fi over fantasy, but this isn't silly fantasy and the art here is superb imo.
>>
>>65126007
>What are some good *recent* worker placement games?
Nusfjord. It's more like 25-60 minutes though.
>>
File: xlLBluQ_d.jpg (5 KB, 184x184)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>65126181
>Gonna make me glass nippon just to get at a co-op game? Bold gamble.
Gotta break an island to save an island
>>
>>65126326
Do NOT play with more than 4 in your first game. More than 4 should be saved for experienced players only. Everyone involved needs to have played once before you bring the new factions into it.

For the core box factions, here are the basics to hit so everyone understands their role in the game.

Everyone gets points from crafting and killing enemy buildings/tokens. The Marquise gets points from building buildings, and usually wins with a combination of building and crafting — the priority is holding onto enough territory to keep the wood flowing and the crafting going. The Eyrie gets points every turn based on how many roosts he has in play, and usually wins off a combination of killing buildings/tokens and having a lot of roosts — the priority is rapid and aggressive expansion. The Alliance gets points by placing sympathy tokens, and usually wins by a combination of crafting, killing, and sympathy — the priority is using revolts to wipe out clearings and get bases and officers set up to get a foothold on the board, then spread like a plague. The Vagabond gets points for aiding other players to take their items, completing quests, and killing hostile warriors, and he usually wins mostly from his own stuff — the priority is bulking up on items to do the quests and only going killy if you have the swords to support it.

To beat the Marquise, cut his supply lines. To beat the Eyrie, target clearings he needs for his decree. To beat the Alliance, kill sympathy before he can revolt. To beat the Vagabond, craft only when needed and fight him if he enters your territory.
>>
>>65126090
>Alliance was only sitting on 3 VPs

But HOW? Were you just killing his sympathy every time it hit the board so he never got any sort of foothold? Did he never spread or create any sympathy? The Alliance has trouble getting established but once they are they become a point factory.

It’s important to note that the Alliance doesn’t lose points when their sympathy tokens die, so they can gain points every time sympathy hits the table. If you’re using the updated rules, the Alliance’s first sympathy gets them no points, but the rest do. If you’re just playing out of the box, all sympathy earns points when placed.
>>
>>65127416
Oh another trick to use against the Alliance:

Since the Alliance usually needs to get up to 4 or 5 officers to be a serious threat, they only have about 5 or 6 warriors available to put on the map. Because movement requires you to rule either your destination or your origin and the Marquise and Eyrie will usually have at least 3x that many warriors each, it’s easy for either the cats or the birds to park on an Alliance clearing with a base and act as a blockade. They can’t revolt again since the clearing already has a base, so if they want to move again they have to drive you out by force and/or mass all their troops in one place.
>>
>>65124424
>steal
Kemet
Tigris & euphrates
>add
Root
Archipelago
>trash
Fluxx
Secret Hitler
>>
>>65128899
>Steal Kemet
Only to make a fire with right?
>>
>>65126469
>on mars
>Love the theme

It's stale at this point and functions on the level of an "I fucking love science" facebook group considering it's presented in such an overly idealistic way which doesn't align with reality at all.
>>
>>65126090
I'm sorry the game didn't clic for you, some games don't mesh with all groups.
I can only encourage you to try again but with another group. Root is a great game and most of the problems you encountered could have been avoided with a good reading of the rules.

Can't do anything about the Eyrie player tho, if they want to bitch about loosing VP it's not the game for them. Eyrie is a power house and loosing vp during turmoil is one of the means of keeping them in check.
>>
>>65114655
Inis 2 why?
>>
>>65119467
No, more like Terra Mystica but longer.
>>
File: kemetgrindsmygears.jpg (203 KB, 996x754)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>65123037
>>65121633
Anon, plz end your life, this is embarrassing. It doesn't help that you are parroting salty Scythe hater "arguments", what made you so fucking mad? Didn't your mom let you play Kemet?
>>
>>65125645
>steal
M&M, Galaxy Trucker (need some trade fodder), El Grande
>add
For Sale (the Iello edition though), Coconuts, Ghost Stories
>burn
Coup, For Sale (supporting EGG is awful), Catan
>>
>>65130386
>Ghost Stories
What's the end game of ghost stories like?
>>
>>65127416
well we can play with double vagabond. I will definitely avoid expansion factions.
Thanks
>>
File: 1541295750478.png (414 KB, 800x720)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>65130745
Like playing a competitive game with STEEV, everyone's angry and at least one person needs stitches.
>>
>>65112365
I wouldn't bring up Scythe in these threads, I think it might have fucked a bunch of guy's girlfriends or something and there still seems to be some sore feelings.
>>
>>65125365
I think you just have to commit to playing a few times as various factions before you really wrap your head around it. It isnt as bad as Vast at least.
>>
File: 1540095909410.jpg (28 KB, 332x420)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>65130813
What about when you win?
I ask because I adore spirit island, but it's end game victoriea rarely have a tense: we did it! last turn. Rather, there's a turn or two near the middle/end where you feel your grip on the island risks slipping, you succeed, the table hoots, hollers, and high fives, but the you've hit the crescendo where from now on you are likely an unstoppable force that needs to wrap up pest control. It doesn't have as much of a climax when you win.
Where does ghost stories lie on the satisfying victory scale?
[Spoiler] great, now STEEV will never ever EVER touch it with a ten foot punji stake. Pic related[/spoiler]
>>
>>65130966
And I can't even spoiler right. Back to lurking and playing inferior games I go
>>
File: 1533950775921.gif (1.78 MB, 400x279)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>65130966
I haven't gotten to do Spirit Island yet but compared to other co-ops I've got or played yeah it's definitely a bit more tense throughout. Something like Flash Point you know you've got a victory or when things are completely fucked a bit before. Ghost Stories I've won twice maybe? Both times it was down to the wire and one of those we were genuinely surprised we held out long enough to win. It's pretty much entirely reactive as opposed to some other co-ops where you can try and position yourself for the future. And yeah terribly mean and sadness every time you open the box.
And don't feel bad about not getting him to play co-ops, I've tried for like 6 years now
>>
>>65131094
To be fair, Ghost Stories is still probably the one I'm most likely to try before the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>65131463
And you've said that for years, but I'm too lazy to track you down and force the issue. Hell this year with work I haven't even gotten to play games in my own home really.
>>
>>65111266
I've been quite enjoying it so far. I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but none of the problems I was afraid of (especially deck balance) have affected my experience.
>>65113361
Euroneighbor here, I really enjoyed BSG the one time I played it (in general I enjoy social deduction though so that's to be expected).
>>
Is Ghost Stories better than Spirit Island? It's much cheaper so say yes.
>>
>>65132677
Played a lot of SI, never touched GS, but investigated it a bit - a complaint I've heard is that GS doesn't really have much when it comes to ramping up difficulty, that it's almost all or nothing with very little in between. That and a bit more RNG apparently? Regardless, I'm personally interested in giving it a shot at some point just to see how it fares if it's so difficult, since difficulty is what I enjoy..
>>
>>65130804
That could work but I’d be careful.

The issue Root has at 5+ is that the board gets crowded FAST. It’s already a tad cramped at 4. The Lizard Cult gets its own corner (so its territory is shared with the Marquises’s starting warriors) and the Riverfolk start along the river, so if you do a game with the core factions AND one of these guys everyone’s shoving everyone else out of their way all the time. They work best as replacements or substitutes for core factions.

Double Vagabond avoids the territory trouble but the competition for items is going to be intense. Make sure they’re not seated next to each other or the one that goes second will never get a chance to aid.

Basically, don’t do a combination that doesn’t have a torch recommending it.
>>
Inis sucks. Kemet sucks. Gloomhaven sucks.
>>
>>65132723
>ramping up difficulty
That's for people who don't want to be punched in the throat
>>
Anyone own Le Havre? Good for 2p?
>>
>>65134090
Yeah, scales well at all player counts.
>>
>>65132808
Your mom sucks cock.
>>
>>65134534
Wow, what a coincidence because so do you...

TI sucks
>>
>>65134642
But I don't swallow so it's not gay.
>>
>>65092142
Has anyone here ever played a game based on their job/hobby?

I've played Ex Libris a few times now and I'm a librarian.
Turns out knowing the alphabet instinctively really does help you when it comes to sorting shelves, but sucking at worker placement does not.
>>
>>65135603
Telestrations
>>
>>65135603
I do business-to-business telemarketing and recruiting. New Angeles is my favorite game and I’ve earned a reputation as a silver-tongued snake in negotiation games.
>>
>>65135603
Is there a game about unemployment?
>>
>>65135877
That could be an interesting idea.
Balancing food, rent, internet time and other resources while trying to avoid getting a job.
Winner is the last person who is still unemployed at the end.
>>
>>65135918
Kind of an Anti-Worker Placement game.
Put your workers(who represent hours of the day) anywhere and anywhere other than work BUT try to maintain the illusion that you're looking for a job while scamming the system for maximum benefits.
>>
So Root is having a KikeStabber at 15:00 CET today. Who's in?
>>
>>65135877
FUNemployed is a social card game where the premise is you’re all applying for jobs. Other than that I can’t think of any.
>>
>>65135877
>>65137157
I don't know why, but the follow-up point made me think of a game about being the Lay-off guy, having to decide which employees to fire, and you've got like
"5% chance he goes on a killing spree"
"High chance of suing company for discrimination"
"family member of board member."
"Actual good worker. If you fire, raises number of employees you will have to fire later. "
>>
>>65136669
not me, knew races dont really do anything that interestingly new.
>>
>>65135846
>playing a game with discrete low blows with somebody with a business background
You guys always seem to kick people when they're down. No mercy at all.
>>
>>65135603
As a chemical engineer Compounded was pretty good though it didn't require any specialized knowledge
>>
>>65137376
You already have Poop and Riverplebs?
>>
>>65126181
>Gonna make me glass nippon...

Like that hasn't been done before.
>>
>>65136669
I’m gonna jump on it. Underground expansion and the upgrade kit, right?
>>
>>65123524
Is this BattleLine?
>>
>>65140219
>>65136669
Decent amount of stuff added. Two new factions and maps, new deck, Vagabond meeples and clearing markers. Add ons for better bots.
>>
File: Photo Mar 22, 12 14 35 PM.jpg (1.86 MB, 3264x2448)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>65112416
Glory to Rome is a fun one
>>
>>65140498
It's Ortus Regni. No text on any cards, a 21st century card game about 14th century Lord's playing a game centered around what they thought the 9th century was like.
It's free on steam/PC and pretty fun/gud
>>
Root's KS is so underwhelming that even if I was expecting nothing, I'm still disappointed.
>>
>>65135918
Just needs a buy a van card.
>>
>>65138354
One of the guys in my group is an ER nurse, I keep waiting for Viral to come up.

My brother is a CE, did you go to Purdue?
>>
>>65141241
>have card scans for 3 years now
>still no time to get a white box edition printed
Fuck Ed Carter for being such a dick on GtR
>>
>>65141442
Underwhelming?
Did they promise something more than just the new expansion?
>>
>>65141830
babby prob needs more KS plastic
>>
File: robocolonel.gif (1.77 MB, 370x207)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>65140929
>vagabond meeples are free
>resin clearing markers that no one asked for are free
. . .
>Upgrade kit to balance the factions is five bucks
>>
>>65141902
Shipping to Europe is free?
>>
>>65141595
Nah RPi
>>
File: brass.jpg (71 KB, 600x600)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
This came out fucking last year and all i want to do is buy it a reasonable price.
>>
>>65143217
>Roxley
>reasonable price
You could always hope they give it to spinmaster and you see a cheap components version over at big box stores
>>
>>65143256
Oh i didn't realize there wasn't some major price increase or some limited print.

Maybe just that i've never paid more than 60$ for a game, still sort of new.
>>
>>65143342
IIRC Roxley is one of those publishers who charges more than necessary so they can "discount" it at conventions and such. Stronghold has been known to do that for years, and pretty sure their owner even said so once.
>>
File: 1548538910632.gif (509 KB, 284x210)
509 KB
509 KB GIF
>>65143425
>IIRC Roxley is one of those publishers who charges more than necessary so they can "discount" it at conventions and such. Stronghold has been known to do that for years, and pretty sure their owner even said so once.
That's awful.
>>
>>65143687
It's about the same as Asmodee and CMoN or Mayfair before them having a MAP. They're very jealous of those extra $5-10
>>
Thoughts on Root?
>>
>>65143793
As a game?

Good, not great
Too heavy on kingmaker aspect imo
>>
What are some games that surprised you with how intelligently they were designed?
>>
File: twitch.jpg (38 KB, 320x320)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>65143987
War of the Ring
>>
>>65143987
Claustrophobia 1643. Every time I feel like there's an imbalance issue from a tactical / strategic standpoint, a new approach to the situation makes me re-assess everything. That, and playing to long term plans versus short term gains is always so painfully tempting. "Yeah, I rolled high out the gate - and I could blow my load enabling this attack turn 1, but... I could also just chill the fuck out, build up threat, and set up for a haymaker a turn or two down the road".
>>
>>65143993
i fucking hate those repugnant ameritrash minis so i never played it. Even if it's truer to Tolkien's image than the films there's something grotesque about coupling a game based around a heavily grossing franchise with a corporate aesthetic akin to heavily grossing pop board games. It's the same criticism we can cast against basedboys obsessed with capeshit films, even with the rare good film it's still never ultimately as original or reaching the same potential as a hollywood classic.
>>
>>65143987
Nusfjord. New player interaction mechanisms like it's 2009 and we're getting lots of good games published instead of babby's bloated insipid euro and babby's kickstarter omg minis.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>65143987
Evolution

Jokes aside, Twilight Struggle, Brass: Birmingham, and Stronghold
>>
>>65144228
Can you tell me a little more about its player interaction?
>>
>>65144206
>there's something grotesque about coupling a game based around a heavily grossing franchise with a corporate aesthetic akin to heavily grossing pop board games.

where is the corporate aesthetic?
>>
>>65143793

Anyone else?

im poor as fuck and looking to get 1, exactly 1 game and root looked decent
>>
>>65144587
Anon you don't understand, minis are the work of the devil. Come to destroy board games forever.
>>
>>65144689
War of the Ring has exactly the opposite of that, the minis dont look very """cool"""" and it's designed in the kind of autistic 90's style that has completely died now
>>
Whats your most played game?
>>
>>65144683
Asymmetric, but not as asymmetric as it looks - the factions are (mostly) still broadly trying to do the same things, but have to jump through different hoops to do it.
Combat is still just throwing dice at each other, but it's the fastest, cleanest, fairest throwing dice at each other I've seen in a dudes on a map, which is pretty cool.
Endgame is a little dissapointing, but the game plays so damn fast that getting 2-3 games in one session isn't unreasonable - though the first game will be much longer since teaching the game is a pain in the ass. It's not complicated, there's just a lot to go over since all the factions have unique levers to pull.

It's absolutely been overhyped, but once you get past that the game is still quite good.
I'd still rank it behind Kemet, Dune/Rex, and Mare Nostrum for my money though. Pretty close to Cry Havoc.
>>
>>65144734
Sort of depends.
For BOARD games, Spirit Island for sure.

Two player card games: Ashes/Summoner Wars/MTG
For games that can accommodate 2-4 but I only ever play with the wife: Valley of the Kings and Innovation
>>
>>65144325
Hard to explain. At first you think it's just worker placement with a race for combo drafting (yawn). Then you notice the stock mechanic and try to lean into it heavily in your next game, but it turns out the stocks don't do much at all. At this point you feel disappointed at this lame game, but then you play a few times more and try to maximize your moves in earnest. Suddenly at this point you figure out that stocks and buildings aren't the key, the key is the strange mechanic of 'elders', and then you're forced into a give-and-take dance with your opponent where you need to feed each other to score points and yet at the same time you're in a super-tight race to steal their points at the last moment.

In short, it's a unique game and has a kind of Inception quality to it, where complex interaction mechanics are hidden inside simpler ones, Russian-doll style.
>>
>>65103044
Guns of Gettysburg. Lured my opponent into a trap by stationing the Iron Brigade alone in the center of my line, and shuffled my remaining 2 hit units in thin lines to the center too, making it look like my flank blocks with 3-5 units were massing for a double envelopment. He, being familiar with history, assumed I was going to Marathon him, and threw everything he had at my strong but thin center, hoping to break through before my "inevitable" attack next turn.

It was bait, and his best troops were slaughtered trying to dislodge the Iron Brigade, and were cleanly repulsed in other portions of the line. He yielded the field at the end of the turn.
>>
>>65145365
I should probably add that massed flank attacks are a staple in my playstyle, and we've been wargaming together for years, so it was a bit of a mind game situation, too.
>>
Why should I buy Kemet?
>>
>>65145406
You like dudes on a map and games that reward (almost nothing but) aggression.
>>
>>65145406
>dudes on a map
>egypt
>looks pretty cool and decently priced
>peace was never an option
Pick whichever fit you.
>>
>>65141830
More just wonky priorities. For $50 you get the expansion (that’s the backer tier that gets you the expansion) plus a new alternative card deck, new Vagabond meeples to match each type of Vagabond, and resin clearing markers for the winter map.

But if you want the upgrade kit that fixes the balance issues from the 1st and 2nd printings, you need to kick in another $5, and if you’re in the US then shipping is $10. Plus there’s the add-on to give you bot versions of every core faction — for another $15.

So if I want the expansion and upgrade kit and bots, I’m looking at $80 here, or I could skip the bots and do $65.
>>
>>65145717
I don't know about the decently priced part, it's not super cheap and subject to asmodee price bullshit, but that's about the only serious negative.

>>65145851
Yeah, that's my issue, it just doesn't seem like a fantastic deal. The expansion is MSRP'd at $50, so probably ~$36.25 at coolstuff when it hits retail. The meeples and clearing markers I don't really care about much, and I've no idea how much I should care about the alternate deck.
>>
Is it really ok that root expansion is 50 dollars msrp? That's 10 less than the base game for 2 factions, 2 boards and a deck.
That really doesn't sound right to me.
>>
>>65145958
>it's not super cheap
Wut? It's 45€ with shipping here, which seem entirely fair to me for a game of that weight with pretty components. How is it in US? Matagot is Asmodee?
>>
File: kemet pricing.png (198 KB, 909x308)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>65146183
Most expansions are worse $/content than their respective base games, but yeah, that doesn't look great to me.

>>65146233
>How is it in US?
Not fantastic.
>>
What are some good dark fantasy/horror co-op games? Already into Arkham Horror LCG, Betrayal, and Zombicide.
>>
>>65146183
Expansions are usually less bang for your buck. It does seems pricy. Fresh off my mind in terms of kickstarters is Cerebria, which was 60$ base game, 75$ origin box i.e. base game + its expansion; and that game was also imo heavier and with more components.
On the other hand, Empyreal's base game was 65$ in the campaign, 35$ for its expansion, and in general I'm inclined to say that kickstarter games are overall 10-20 or more $ too expensive (see also: spirit island's expansion.)

>>65146264
Yeeaah, that seems like bullshit. Could taxes really justify a 70$ pricetag? I don't think so.
What's asmodee again?
>>
What's your favorite "filler" game on game nights?

Mine's either Skull or No Thanks!, both are always hits with any group.
>>
>>65146361
>What's asmodee again?
Bunch of french investors who keep buying up boardgame studios and instituting minimum advertised price policies.
>>
>>65146387
For sale or cockroach Poker.
Incan gold/AFAGTNY if we are a larger crowd and want to all be together in between breaking into groups
>>
>>65146387
Coup, Love Letter, or Carcassonne, depending on player count.

Although it feels like there is no longer such a thing as a filler game in my group. I swear they’re actually getting worse at these games — three of them have been getting much worse about analysis paralysis in almost all games, and two of them (including one of the AP victims) have to be retaught every game every time almost from square one no matter how many times we’ve played before. Anything we play goes at least half an hour longer than expected.
>>
>>65147024
>Liking Carcassonne
I have never understood how people can like that game.
I'ts much easier for me to understand how people can like Catan and Dominion compared to Carcassonne.
>>
>>65146313
I heard good things about Darkest Night (never played it tho).

>>65146387
Bang! Dice game, Mascarade and Love Letter
>>
>>65146387
Can somebody explain the purpose of filer games? Is the point just that you want to spend that little bit more playing, so they duration, or do you guys think they serve a bigger purpose?
Like setting up mentally for the big games or something.
>>
>>65147553
I'd say 'filler' games can serve multiple purposes:

1. Palate Cleansers. Let's say you're going to play games with your friends for 7 hours. If you're only playing 1-3 games in that time, they're probably going to be pretty heavy and complex games, with a lot of player investment. And sometimes, in those games, a loss will be somewhat ugly or contentious: an unfortunate series of rolls in a crucial part of the game, a bad draw, a betrayed alliance, etc.

In those instances, a short filler game gives you a clean break between that game, and the next big one, to minimize the odds you go into the next 3 hour game with a grudge against Jake, ruining Jake's evening.

2. Apertif. As you reference, it's a useful tool to have a small game serve as a sort of mental warm-up: Before I get into this 2 hour game, let's play a 10-15 minute one with a somewhat similar mechanic, to shake out the cobwebs, as it were.

3. Stall. This can be as a cool-down, after a huge game, to ensure the night doesn't end with hurt feelings, as with the palate cleanser. It can be used in a "alright, Glen and Maria have to leave in 20 minutes, let's fit in one last game." sense of eating time, or it can be used at the start, if someone arrives 15 minutes early, or someone arrives late: just throw down a quick and easy game to kill time till everyone is present.

lastly

4. Low-Stakes Lunch. Sometimes, you kinda want to play board games, but not, like REALLY play board games. It's a side event to hanging out, drinking, etc. A simple filler game is useful here because it gives you a small, low-stakes activity to share while chatting and drinking/eating, without demanding a lot of focus or investment, and still allowing you to say "oh, my friends and I met up on Saturday, played a couple board games." A sort of nerdy stand-in for putting on a sports game no one cares about during a barbecue.
>>
File: yeah.png (95 KB, 183x297)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
https://therewillbe.games/news-new-and-upcoming-games/6530-sneak-peek-of-official-reprint-of-dune-from-gale-force-nine
>>
>>65148077
That's the bad map! Boooo!
>>
>>65148132
What's wrong with it? Is it bad enough to really impact the quality of a new edition? I haven't played the original.
>>
>>65146387
>
Azul, Carcassonne, King of tokyo
>>65147318
Building the map reminds me of playing Rivers, Roads, and Rails as a kid so is comfy as fuck. Adding in getting to mess with my friends makes it one of my favorites.
>>
>>65147783
I see thanks a lot
>>
File: MORE.gif (867 KB, 300x227)
867 KB
867 KB GIF
>>65148077
>can abandon the not-dune retheme project
Best news I've seen all year
>>
>>65148077
I mean i did already know it was comign eventually, but i just bought rex like an hour ago and now i am kinda wondering whether that was a godo idea.
Long way til it actually comes out, i will choose then whether or not to upgrade.
>>
>>65148391
It's also good trade fodder as a lot of people enjoy the TI universe, so if nothing else you can unload it for a decent return later.
>>
>>65148614
Meh, this will have some slightly upgraded rules and i assume the price will tank for rex. Yes there will be some people wanting rex(honestly am nto a dune savant and it might be i end up preferring the rex version myself), but it won't keep the price up. But we will see.
>>
>>65148658
Honestly not-Dune has some upgraded rules from Dune, so it's possible they'll copy them over
>>
>>65148077
>bought and sleeved Rex last year
>still haven’t gotten it to the table
>Dune reprint en route

Welp
>>
>>65147318
It’s easy to teach to brainlets like my group and just about anyone new to board games. The expansions spice things up nicely — Inns & Cathedrals is a must-have, as is Traders & Builders, and the fact that the River and the Abbot are in the core box is a compelling reason to use them too because they’re neat.

Base Carcassonne is rather bland, I’ll admit, but basic mechanics make for a solid foundation to build on, and while the tile draws are random it’s not nearly as capricious as Catan.
>>
>>65148816
You're not alone - I never thought Dune would be reprinted.

Still, I'll wait to see what's exactly inside the Dune box before I consider replacing my Rex.
>>
>>65148391
>>65148816
>>65149033
Rex is GONE from the FFG catalog, so you'll probably be able to recoup that money eventually.
>>
>>65149268
If FFG isn't going to reprint again they prolly came to an agreement with GF9 over the updated not-Dune mechanics and the new edition will be a straight re-re-theme back to Dune.
>>
>>65149409
I thought all fo that was already confirmed?
>>
>>65149268
Except it’s still right there in the Other Games section and you can add it to your cart.
>>
>>65149526
I hadn't kept up on the news really, but it's not like they'd need to anyhow. Mechanics can't be patented so as long as you make minor changes to the rule book you're good to go. That said it's generally better form to talk it out
>>
>>65149562
Right, sure. They still have some stock left. But it's gone from most retailers and it's not listed anywhere in their reprint timeline. I'm pretty certain they no longer have the rights to the game system, now that GF9's acquired them.
>>
>>65148755
How long is a typical game of Dune with experienced players compared to Rex?

How long are first learning games for each?
>>
>>65150153
It's not a short game - Rex caps at eight rounds an each usually lasts something like half an hour. But it can and does end early and unpredictably. Before round four is uncommon though.

Dune used to have a much longer maximum length though.

Teaching isn't too much of a bear though - the asymmetric player powers are simple but with profound consequences, and the base mechanics are pretty straightforward.
>>
>>65145473
>games that reward (almost nothing but) aggression.
Two tiles' colours out of three lead towards the opposite direction, why do people keep saying Kemet is all about being aggressive when that's not true?
>>
>>65150460
Modern armies have way more pieces of support equipment than guns. They must not be about shooting people.
>>
>>65123370
Got it just in time. I expect to be disappointed but I can't pass off a good 2P opportunity like this.
>>
>>65144683
>im poor as fuck
spend the money finding more boardgame friends and play their games. or go to a boardgame cafe and waste $5 seeing if you actually like it.

Root is one of those things I can't just recommend hands down, you should really play before you buy.
>>
>>65144980
>For BOARD games
do you know where you are?
>>
>>65144683
get arctic scavengers recon HQ and you can get fairy tale and still be at the price of ROOT
>>
>>65147553

They can go between bigger games or cap off the night with something light and fun after everyone becomes mentally drained from larger games.

Plus, sometimes you wanna just play games but don't feel like sitting down to a mentally-taxing, multi-hour commitment. Or, you're playing with family or non-gamers. There's tons of reasons to play and own lighter games.
>>
>>65144734
All time? Roll for the Galaxy
Recently? Arctic Scavengers
>>
>>65147553
It's nice to not be hardcore for 10 minutes
They're good for the fifteen minutes when niggers be late to game night
Sometimes you have people who can't handle Carcassone
>>
>>65150361
Gotcha

I’ve looked up some stuff and have a pretty good idea of the rules changes and what their effects were but I have to wonder: the original Dune is deploy-move, Rex is move-deploy. I can sort of see what effect this has (since you can’t deploy a group cheap to an empty space next to what you want to attack and then move in that turn), but what are the main repercussions of this? Does it have a big impact on the game or is it pretty small? I haven’t had a chance to play either game yet.
>>
>>65150932
You already sussed out the biggest implication, but this also keeps you from dropping and splitting a force to occupy two adjacent locations for blocking purposes if you didn't already have a force in the area. Can make turtling a little more difficult in some cases.
>>
>>65150361
Rex is better right? I might have to break my 2019 no buy and snag a copy.
>>
File: oh fug baari.png (56 KB, 600x480)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
What's a good 1v1 game for a pub night? Asking since I would like to play some good game with whoever I'm out with.
Something easy to learn, replayable and enjoyable when drunk should be good.
>>
>>65151000
Does this overall sort of speed the action up or slow it down? Is it a good change, or not so good?
>>
File: waggle.png (1.67 MB, 1751x813)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>65124424
>steal
Cosmic
Tigris
>add
Scythe
Lords of Vegas
>trash
Forbidden Desert
Secret Hitler
>>65125645
>steal
Root
El Grande
>add
Ghost Stories
Citadels
>trash
Dead of Winter
Chaos in the Old World
>>65125794
>steal
Mascarade (or Secrets, or M:RP)
Rex
>add
Citadels (literally the best Faidutti game, go get it)
Raptor (also 2xBruno like M:RP)
>trash
Secret Hitler
Firefly
>>65147553
For me filler games are what I play with people who aren't in my normal group. I can carry a small card game like Hanamikoji or Schotten Totten in my bag and just break it out in public without looking like a complete sperg. For filler games that don't travel as well they work when you want something simple and light. Some days I don't want to delve into something heavy or long, I just want to play a quick game of something.
>>65144734
If we're counting app plays, Twilight Struggle.
Otherwise, maybe Ghost Stories. In terms of game time it's probably a tie between Castles of Burgundy and Terra Mystica.
>>65092142
>deepest owned/played
Probably Twilight Struggle.
>rules light, actually deep
Hanamikoji and Schotten Totten. Samurai is also up there. Knizia owns this category of games.
>>
>>65113738
>There is minimal player interaction and it's touted as being a 4x when all it is is a (admittedly functional) economic engine game
This is the part I can never fully understand as a complaint against Scythe. It's cold war style combat- you want other people to attack first and then take advantage of their weaknesses. What I've noticed with Scythe is that new players never attack, while experienced players attack decently often- likely because the engine building part of the game takes a bit of getting used to. But that's like any 4X game- combat is meant to be costly, and knowing who to fight and when is a huge part of being a good Scythe player. That's why, again like most 4X games, it works best when played in the same group, so you all learn together and start being more aggressive over time.

The big strength Scythe has, I think, is that some games will just end up being more peaceful, while others will be endlessly cutthroat. It's hard to predict what will happen and when, and that makes it exciting.

>>65112365
I'll agree that it's probably not as deep as other 4Xs- you'll only get about 20-25 turns each game. But it's very replayable. If you like variable player powers it's a must have. The expansions are also some of the best in existence- one adds 2 factions and 2 action mats for more combinations (base game comes with 5 of each, so 25 combos), another adds randomized endgame triggers as well as airships, and the Fenris expansion is a campaign style expansion with 10 or so modules.
>>
>>65112416
Black Fleet
Survive
>>
>>65116659
Between two castles would be my suggestion at this point.

Literally chocolate with peanut butter levels of enjoyment.
>>
>>65152038
Not that anon, but can you say more? I like Castles, but I know basically nothing of Between Two Cities, and I didn't even know Castles had a normal expansion.
>>
>>65126748
Based Nusfjord bro.
Architects of the western kingdoms is pretty good too, but not a classic worker Placer mechanism.

Best recent worker Placer in my book is Lowlands.
>>
>>65144206
>I would rather have cubes than miniature dwarves, elves, orcs, etc
you fuckin pleb
>>
>>65144206
You take that back about KDM you double nigger
>>
>>65152458
No shit, I played LoD with 3d printed resources, mini meeples with a chest cutout appropriate to the class and it ruined me for cubes in that game.
>>
File: war of the ring minis.jpg (30 KB, 600x459)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>65152458
I think what he means is War of the Ring's minis are really ugly and low-detail. They feel cheaply made, and the plastic's so soft the minis bend for no reason.

Like, if you're going to half-ass it, you might as well just use cardboard tokens like Dune/Rex.
>>
File: Latest waggle.png (3.7 MB, 1559x2103)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
>>65124424
>steal
Starcraft
Tigris
>add
New Angeles
Star Wars: Rebellion
>trash
Elder Sign
TtR: Europe
>>65125645
>Steal
Spirit Island
Robo Rally
>add
New Angeles
Millennium Blades
>trash
Dead of Winter
Catan
>>65125794
>steal
Exodus
TI4
>add
New A--DAMMIT
Star Wars: Rebellion
War of the Ring
>trash
Munchkin
Epic
>>65151440
>steal
Inis
Galaxy Trucker
>add
New Angeles
Root
>trash
Normal TtR
Pandemic

please be gentle
>>
File: Latest waggle.png (3.66 MB, 1556x2120)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
>>65152637
Better version without the little glitch there.
>>
>>65152681
>steal
Cosmic
Root
>add
Terra Mystica
Scythe
>trash
Through The Ages
Space Alert
Coup
Diplomacy
Risk
Keyforge
Forbidden Sky
there's a lot to trash here honestly
>>
>>65151389
I _think_ it's good, but I've never actually played the original so my opinion's worth about jack shit.

>>65152637
>Add Star Wars: Rebellion
Already do, apparently I spaced adding it on BGG.
>Trash Epic
Have a good suggestion to replace it?
>>
>>65152825
I can see good reasons for all of those trashes except Coup, TtA, and Space Alert.

If you got other trashes lay 'em on me. Space is actually becoming a concern for me, this might help.
>>
>>65125794
How do you deal with movement in Xia?
>>
>>65152877
>suggestion to replace Epic
Any other Magic-like card game if you really must have one. I hear Ashes of the Phoenixborn is nice.
>>
>>65153141
This, get Ashes.
>>
>>65153044
>TtA
Do you actually ever get that one played? Kudos to you if you do, but in my experience the game is too long and way too random unless you're playing with 2. And honestly, if I'm playing a Civilization game at 2, it might as well be a 4X or 4X-Lite like Terra Mystica or even something like Imperial Settlers. I'd even take 7 Wonders Duel any day over TtA at 2 players. It's also way too big for how little game there really is- no variation, no variable player powers, over-sized boards, a built in beat-down mechanism with the military. It's not even good honestly.
>Space Alert
There's way better co-ops out there. I've never met anyone who actually enjoys Space Alert. Ghost Stories is just as intense without the fiddly CD and timer, Pandemic is easier to get to the table, and if you really enjoy timers you should just get Mysterium.
>Coup
It's outclassed by almost every other social deduction game in existence. Love Letter is cheaper, One Night Ultimate Werewolf and Resistance involve more actual deduction and scale way better, Spyfall is more hilarious, and Deception: Murder in Hong Kong does most of those things fairly well and basically trumps Coup in every category (though not as well as any of those other games individually).
>others
Do you really need Eldritch AND Arkham? I don't like either game very much, but I recognize that the consensus right now is that 2nd Edition Arkham kills Eldritch, but Eldritch killed 1st Edition Arkham.
Tragedy Looper is decently thematic but it's a 1vAll game that I cannot stand unless I'm the 1- it feels way too random and impossible. I'd take any of the dungeon crawls on your list over it any day. Speaking of, you might also like Descent, and you'd almost certainly love Gloomhaven.
>>
File: Screenshot (13).png (3.28 MB, 2990x1429)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
Hopefully I'm not too late for the steal, add, trash
>>
The game Evolution deserves a bad score because evolution doesn't real. I am paid for my opinions on games. My name is Sam Healey. Did you know I teach a youth group? It is true. If you make a game I don't like I will punch you in the throat.
>>
>>65153573
>steal
gloomhaven
shadespire
>add
summoner wars: alliances master set
Merchants and Marauders
>trash
mage wars (it's why SW is being added, take it on the chin)
star realms
>>
File: wot.jpg (188 KB, 689x602)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>65153325
>Love Letter is cheaper
>social deduction game
u wot
u grot
>>
>>65153325
>TtA
Yyyyeah, I guess you've got a solid point actually. I've always been curious about Terra Mystica, I'll look into it.
>Space Alert
We use the app, not the CD. That said, there's a member of our group who is always available for games but can't handle time pressure for shit or spatial orientation or...remembering anything at all ever really, so Space Alert's been a challenge but we've taken to tacitly treating him as an extra obstacle to play around for extra difficulty when we bust it out, and we've actually won a few despite him. But Ghost Stories might be a good replacement, yeah. Not huge on Pandemic especially when I already have the Forbiddens instead.
>Coup
I prefer Love Letter myself (and keep it on my person at all times) but we have a lot of 4p evenings that unexpectedly become 5 and vice versa. I do like ONUW but it's too damn short and we don't really want to do it over and over (plus I have ONR instead). Coup is something I can bring and be ready for any player count changes. Spyfall would work poorly in my group due to the aforementioned memory-challenged player -- seriously, his brain is like an Etch-a-Sketch. Deception I've been looking at.
>Eldritch vs. Arkham
That's weird because for me Eldritch absolutely murdered revised Arkham, which was just way too fiddly. If anything I would ditch AH2 before EH. I've been strongly considering it but looking for the right opportunity -- I'd rather trade or sell than trash.
Tragedy Looper I love, but I mainly play the Mastermind. My group's been big on it too -- but we save it for days when Etch-a-Sketch can't come, because it's too easy for everyone else if table talk is on but he'd absolutely destroy any game where table talk is off.
I see little point in getting Descent when I already have Imperial Assault, but Gloomhaven is definitely something I've been considering. A friend already has it though and we've been looking for the right opportunity.
>>
>>65153847
I have Summoner Wars original Master Set, played once, didn't like it, and my wife didn't like it either.
>trashing Star Realms
No can do sir, in fact, I'm adding more Star Realms stuff that I'm missing, it's a game my sister enjoys very much. But would hear for recommendations of games to play over it or why you don't like it.

I've been wanting Merchants and Marauders, might finally get it.
>>
>>65153573
Tiny collection man

>steal
Tides of Madness (pure curiosity no idea if it's good
Gloomhaven
>add
New Angeles
Root
>trash
Elysium
Harry Potter
>>
>>65153986
>But would hear for recommendations of games to play over it or why you don't like it.
I played a lot of the dominion clones, and Valley of the Kings has left them all in the dust. Better starting deck where all cards are still useful late game, instead of the standard 3/7 resource split. It has a much better market system that you can manipulate a bit beyond buy/trash. It also has my favorite win conditions and vp scoring mechanics that I've seen so far in a deck building game
Star Realms isn't a bad deck builder, but it's what I play on my phone. VotK is what I play with my wife.
>>
>>65154110
>Elysium
Why?
>Harry Potter
I understand, but, gotta have it for reasons.
>>
>>65154208
>is what I play with my wife.
That sounds really great, man. It's been on my wishlist, I would say, it can exist alongside Star Realms in my collection.
>>
>>65154274
>it can exist alongside Star Realms in my collection.
Oh for sure. It also comes in a great compact box that fits everything sleeved.
There are three standalone versions with different cards, I suggest either VotK: afterlife or VotK:Last Rites
Have fun expanding the collection
>>
>>65113457
Deported for criminality.
>>
Talking about Merchants and Marauders, I never see people here talking about the expansions, any thoughts on them?
>>
>>65154351
Thank you for the recs
>>
>>65101497
While we've probably all read about the shouting matches involving the director when the movie came out, I only recently read that the movie was not written to be SST. That was literally tacked on as an afterthought, which is why the book and the movie(s) are so mismatched.

So yeah, just don't compare them.

the old boardgame is typical of its day, so you'll either love it or despise it.
>>
>>65153573
>Steal
Seasons
Gloomhaven
>Add
7 Wonders
Castles of Burgundy
>Trash
Elysium
Lords of Waterdeep
>>
File: Collection BoardGameGeek.jpg (2.05 MB, 1811x2923)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
Are we still wagglan?
>>
>tfw you want to post your collection, but it's just 4-5 games with way too many expansions / add-on packs and you'll get crucified for over half of it being fucking Zombicide

Guys I'm trying but I like to play every new game I get 8-10 times before even considering buying another. Batman's incoming, and Mythic Battles probably a bit after. I barely managed to squeeze in Champions of Midgard recently and have to juggle that with the rest.
>>
>>65153077
I'll let you know once I get it to the table, but the expansion has engine upgrades that help mitigate bad rolls, maybe that'll be enough.
>>
I'm trying to start up a game night with some pals who can't meet up in person anymore. Any good 5p games on TTS?
>>
>>65155600
Champions of Midgard is pretty great at 5 players honestly, and the TTS mod has the expansions.
>>
>>65153753
>The game Evolution deserves a bad score because evolution doesn't real.
The kicker is that the game Evolution isn't actually about evolution, it's about intelligent design.

The dude who's behind the very first version of Evolution tried to make a game that's actually based on natural selection, but it flopped hard and is forgotten because it was boring and random. True story.
>>
>>65147318
> I have never understood how people can like that game.
Download the PC version that comes with a strong AI opponent: http://jcloisterzone.com/en/

Then you'll see that there's a fairly deep abstract game hiding behind the filler mechanics.

P.S. I don't like it either, there's other abstract games I'd rather play that aren't as random, but YMMV.
>>
>>65155915
Carcassonne isn't an abstract game, that's why it's decently random.
It's also very fun, but the built in expansions of the new release really help it. Most people I know that dislike Carcassonne seem to just not understand farmers at all and lose every game because of them.
>>
>>65141431
Interesting. It's surprisingly expensive for using public domain images unfortunately. I'll check out the steam version some time
>>
File: DuneBoardCleaned.jpg (187 KB, 1188x1178)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>65148270
It's just sad and brown imo.
>>
>>65154482
Sog is really good.
>>
>>65156561
>Carcassonne isn't an abstract game, that's why it's decently random.
Play against a decent opponent, if you haven't already. It's not very random if you count tiles, and also because there's enough of them to average out at the end of the game.

Still too random for me, but it's less random than almost any other game that isn't a perfect information game.
>>
>>65157002
>It's not random because the skilled player will usually win.
>But Carcassonne is too random.
Make up your mind senpai. My whole point was that I would never classify Carcassonne as abstract strategy and that to judge it as such is trying to evaluate the game for something it's not trying to be. If you want abstract strategy you can go play Yinsh or Azul.
>>
>>65157108
Randomness is a scale, not a dichotomy, you tard.

I prefer perfect information games, so Carcassonne isn't too interesting for me. That said, it's still a million times less random than RfTG or Azul.

Carcassonne is also a million times more abstract than Azul; Azul is almost entirely decided by random draws. Carcassonne has very little luck if you count tiles properly.
>>
File: abstract.png (305 KB, 736x485)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>65157128
No shit it's a spectrum, and Carcassonne is not an abstract game because of where it lies on that scale- it's got enough randomness that it doesn't exist there. Again, that was my entire point.
>Azul is almost entirely decided by random draws
Oh god no it's you again. Pic related, shut up about it already. You're just dead wrong.
>I prefer perfect information games
Name 3. Judging by your skewed perception of randomness (drawing one tile that dictates your entire turn every turn vs being able to plan moves ahead based on tile set up), I don't think you know what perfect information is.
>>
>>65157164
Player interaction in Azul is almost entirely lacking. In Azul you have to take risks and you can get severely shafted by bad tile draws.

Carcassonne is a high-interaction game where there are no bad tile draws. As long as you count your meeples and you count cards you can make an optimal move.

Please learn to play and throw away your BGG links, BGG is 99% bullshit.

P.S. This is all valid only for two player games, of course.
>>
>>65157259
You can literally set up moves in Azul so that people are forced to make certain moves. It's like the definitive type of decision making found in perfect information games like Chess.

>As long as you count your meeples and you count cards you can make an optimal move.
You can't 100% predict what the next tile is (except for the last tile) by counting, and I don't know a single person who plays Carcassonne that way. I don't know how many of each tile are in the game and I don't care because the game is about mitigating the current situation and deciding when to commit your meeples, not setting up bad moves for your opponents. You could count tiles, but if you feel the need to do that to win Carcassone, you are as autistic at they come.

>Please learn to play and throw away your BGG links, BGG is 99% bullshit.
Says the person who somehow thinks drawing a random tile every turn that determines your entire turn is somehow less random than setting up 20 tiles each round as a common pool with perfect information to draft from. I'm still convinced you don't actually know how Azul is played.

Interaction in Azul is definitely higher than in Carcassonne, and I honestly don't even know how you can argue otherwise regardless of how "random" you perceive them to be.
>>
>>65157341
The player interaction in Azul is a very simple kind of drafting among a very limited set of choices. Within an Azul round the whole game tree state is only 5 or so moves deep, i.e., about as complex as tic-tac-toe.

Azul is, effectively, several rounds of tic-tac-toe with random shit flung at the board state in-between.

Of course the random shit is what decides the game, not the tic-tac-toe part.

> You can't 100% predict what the next tile is

You don't need to. When played properly, Carcassonne involves making plans for the whole game, when you know every tile will be eventually played. The game state tree in Carcassonne is several orders of magnitude deeper and wider than in Azul.

> I don't know a single person who plays Carcassonne that way

You already said that you're a retard who plays with retards, no need to repeat yourself.

> because the game is about mitigating the current situation and deciding when to commit your meeples

If you're five years old, yeah. For adults, no.

> not setting up bad moves for your opponents

You can't play Carcassonne seriously without stealing your opponent's stuff.

> Interaction in Azul is definitely higher than in Carcassonne

No. Azul is as interactive as tic-tac-toe, that is to say, not at all. Carcassonne involves planning 10-15 moves ahead to steal your opponent's stuff.
>>
>>65141774
Yeah, what happened to Glory To Rome is heartbreaking. Thankfully I own 2 separate editions of them before both went out of print. I hope someday he is willing to license it to a company more competent
>>
>>65154240
>Harry Potter
I feel you on that one
>>
File: BGG.png (1.57 MB, 1732x890)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
First time Waggler, please be gentle
>>
>>65155661
Terraforming mars though if youre all new the first game will be a slog, Also depends if you guys are trying to complete the game in one sitting. My group has been doing mansions of madness but were going on like three weeks since we only have a couple of hours free
>>
>>65154518
>While we've probably all read about the shouting matches involving the director when the movie came out
I did not, please do tell
>>
>>65157399
Confirmed once again for literally not knowing how Azul plays at all. Just leave these threads permanently.
>>65157558
>steal
Terraforming Mars
Telestrations
>add
Castles of Burgundy
Suburbia
>trash
Nefarious
HP

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.