[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: agent hitler fbi.jpg (40 KB, 800x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
What's the weirdest character you've ever played?
>>
File: QANcMcK.jpg (518 KB, 1083x1440)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>64585095
I had a revenant character who's soul crystallized into pure Loyalty when he died. Another PC stumbled upon it several thousand years later and accidentally bound it to herself, summoning him.

He was fun. His speech was about a thousand years out of date so he spoke in a bunch of thees and thines and thous and played up the 'chivalric knight' ideal up to 11. He could also channel magic into objects and beings, allowing him to control them. He was also very talented in fire magic, meaning that anything he tried to puppet would burst into flames.
>>
Mildly psychic robocop/judge dredd paladin
>>
>>64585095
Was in superhero campaign. My team had invisibility, super strength, and laser vision.
And then there was me, I my superpower was metaknowledge
>>
File: bronzi di riace.jpg (26 KB, 417x503)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>64585095
Sentient but mute Golem made of Bronze (looked like pic related) who was helped and teached by another PC, a very stoic western monk. My pc was trying to find the meaning of his life and a way to become human, like pinocchio, so they went to not!Arabia to find a genie's lamp. When the monk wishes for him to become human, my pc morphs into the Evil Wizard that disappeared before the beginning of our journey. The wizard bound his soul to the golem, but in doing so he lost his memories. I had to convince the party that i'm no longer the wizard, and that his soul changed into mine. They didn't believe me.
>>
>>64585095
Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of a weird Character I've played.

Any time I've intended to make a weird character, I would end up making the most normal guy. For irony, since everyone else would be making their own absolutely absurd characters. So normal becomes the contradictive abnormalities.

My most weird would have to be a Paladin, but he was lazy and didn't fight evil, just fought alongside his team (most the party was wacky evil guys)
>>
Drug-dealer/Druid devoted to restoring "The Broken God" to her Pantheon. Sold/used a highly addictive hallucinogen that let your mind cross the threshold between the waking world and the Otherworld. Went too deep one day and met a kind and generous God who had been wrongly deposed from the towers of Heaven and erased from the histories of "her rightful subjects". Devoted to her crusade for justice. Sells the drug to make a quick buck and to introduce more people to her glory. Wanted to play him like a crack-dealer televangelist.
Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the campaign went off the deep end into ERP territory and "The Broken God" ended up being a lot like the Master from Incase's "The Invitation" comic.
>>
I played a fiend pact warlock in dnd 5e that sold his soul to get out of a death penalty for murdering someone who called his poetry derivative in a bar fight.
>>
>>64585476

its people like you that won't make me play ttrpgs
>>
>>64588057
Are there people that HAVE been making you play rpgs anon? You know thats not legal.
>>
File: 1547979695006.jpg (83 KB, 540x668)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Once upon a time I played a country knight in an intrigue game. Die to his honorable martial upbringing, his disgust towards the foppy and effeminate elite led to him using his sword to solve problems more often than not.
>>
The murderous creator of a soda
>>
>>64587852
Oh no, poor golem.
>>
>>64585095
Played a Post-Apocalypse Murderhobo, in a frozen wasteland, who went by the name Dekk, Dekk Chair.
He was a gunslinger and mercenary who worshipped a redneck post-apocalypse survival guide as a holy text of sorts. He eventually became the lord of a defunct mine and it's commune of women, defending and running raids against rival settlements.
Planned to gather a gang to himself called the Black Sunhats, and travel with them in a single direction until he found the fabled shoreline, with beaches of golden sand, sun-kissed women and warm waters.
>>
>>64585095
Literally just RGB from The Property of Hate, with a few alterations.
>>
>>64589346
Who from what?
>>
I had played as goblin in Symbaroum, who is heavily burned and consider anybody who is irresponsible with fire are evil that need to be punished. He always carry around bucket with water for putting out the fire.

He is complete vicious little fighter who can go in berserker rage and beat people to dead with his fists.
>>
>>64589380
A main character from a webcomic. Good art and character design, decent story. I can't really explain it too well, but if you really want to know it isn't a bad way to spend a few hours.
>>
Played a vending machine robot in a post-apoc game.

Goal was to sell Fruti-Cola. There were some intermediate steps.

>Stabilize local civilization
>Encourage corn farming for corn syrup production
>Restart electricity production
>Move from barter to paper currency suitable for money slot
>Build Fruti-Cola factory
>Restock self with Fruti-Cola
>Build marketing buzz
>Sell Fruti-Cola
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>64585095
I was reading the fluff paragraphs at the beginning of the 5e class descriptions in the PHB. When I got to Clerics it mentioned something along the lines of some people "being chosen for a life of servitude by their god, rather than choosing it themselves" or something along those lines. I thought it would be a neat character to have a reluctant/unwilling cleric.

Planned an "arc" where the cleric started off disliking the serives and obligations that came with being a cleric of trickery, but would then slowly grow into it and eventually embrace it. Turned out to be a lot of fun.
>>
>>64590082
How did you make him and what system? I love that comic and I've always wanted to play an object head.
>>
>>64592505
4e kenku bard|rogue/warlord
Disassociated mechanics really lets you get loose with fluff. I have him in go into negative more often with the rogue powers, and the bard warlord powers are his normal jolly leader stuff. I took some creative liberties since I don't like doing straight rips.
>>
>>64593304
Fascinating. I never got to play 4e myself.
>>
>>64593304
>RGBirb
Adorable.
>>
>>64593888
I moreso used Kenku to play into the tv a bit with the sound mimicry (and the good statline), but that does put a nice image in my head.
>>
Drow Ranger named "Dick Harvest". You can imagine what his quirk was.
>>
I was once a Mon Calamari big game hunter with an Australian accent who refused to use blasters as they were unsporting. I only used revolvers.
>>
>>64585095
A overly handsome orc business consultant, who needed to go into hiding after he caught his boss and other big shots hunting children in the slums.
>>
A pair of introverted twins who shared the senses of anyone they touched. Worked both ways on direct contact, and only one way if they held a hair or nail or some such. They were similar enough that their power connected them constantly. It was only after making them that I figured it was probably a bit magical realmy, but I figured "whatever, it 's probably not as bad as I suspect right now", but it was.
>>
File: tpoh_5610eee4d1bb9.jpg (468 KB, 800x1132)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>64588057
I did say he was one of my stranger PCs. It was also in a completely custom system made by the DM, so the magic was all rolled randomly. The Revenant thing was even the DM's idea and added a lot to the character interactions for the party since my dude's family was technically beholden to the family of one of the other characters.

My guy wasn't even capable of the real BS in that system. One of the DM's example characters was gifted at manipulating metal, which let her just straight up ignore armor. If the game had gone on long enough, our druid would have wound up with a small squad of Treebeards following her around.

>>64589380
RGB is a character from the webcomic The Property of Hate. He's the TV head in this page. It's a bit of an Alice in Wonderland style story with a lot of personified and physically realized concepts and such, like doubts and fears being tangible creatures. It does a fun job of messing around with its premise and I like the art well enough.
RGB might also be the ghost of Buster Keaton? There's a bunch of strange things going on with him.
>>
>>64585095
A telekinetic goldfish who levitated his bulletproof glass bowl around.
>>
>>64596712
I was going to make a similar character but I can't really think of a good head for them to have. Maybe some kind of old radio. Everyone uses TVs and I think RGB makes the most of it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.