[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mtg craw wurms.png (179 KB, 435x695)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
King of the Craw Wurms Edition

Previously: >>63995038

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Topic

What is you worst yet most fun deck?

>Bonus Round

We're making literal Craw Wurm decks. Post your own version!
>>
Build Mono Green Craw Wurm. Sure to crush all the craw wurm subhumans at your local game store. Make them SUBMIT!

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/craw-wurm-meta-maxxing-edh/
>>
xth for plz play cockatrice game with me
and also give sisssylesnya bf
>>
>>64003447
Cut a Forest for Oran-Rief, the Vastwood.
>>
File: gpt-99-wurmweaver-coil.jpg (230 KB, 672x936)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>64003447
Also, we gotta find room for Wurmweaver Coil.
>>
File: 1547244590244.png (2.01 MB, 1248x838)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
Post decks!
yes I know LoA is banned thats why theres a wastes under it incase people arent ok with it
>>
>>64004051
huh I've never seen that card. Though I guess for good reason
>>
>>64004258
why do you run a wastes?
>>
>>64004276
world breaker
>>
>>64004258
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/p-u-r-e-c-o-n-t-r-o-l/?cb=1547268021

need to figure out what to drop for nexus tho
I REALLY want to fit sunscorched desert but im too afraid of getting manafucked by it
>>
>>64004258
I wanna ask what the fuck that library is doing there but honestly I'm more interested in that you included and kept the cutest version of Nissa. I always feel like garbage for finding one reason or another to cut her.
>>
>>64004312
read the spoiler
Nissa is straight gas, I have some amount of topdeck manipulation and with Courser+fetches she leads to really explosive starts.
>>
>>64004411
*SNIIIIIIIIFFF*
>>
>>64004423
I agree, although Elf Hitler is far from optimal waifu material
>>
Which commander is the cutest?
>>
>>64004606
Phelddagrif
>>
there is one guy in my playgroup who runs full tilt edh decks against 75% shit. i know that the correct solution is to tell him that he needs to run something more casual but i don't think he enjoys casual magic so that would basically be telling him to leave and he doesn't take input well. i don't know why he even plays edh. i don't care about winning but when every game plays the exact same i feel like i am wasting my time.

i think i'm going to start making my decks even more casual so that he feels like an idiot running 100% thrasios/tymna deck against my awful new stangg deck. what is the stupidest commander possible?
>>
I love angels!
>>
what is the best way to generate tokens in black or white?
>>
>>64004895
token creatures or what? white has a million ways to make tokens creatures. black has some things like pawn of ulamog/sifter of skulls. bitterblossom. zombie makers. lots of stuff.
>>
>>64004795
Sup bubbles
What about cockblocking him instead? You could make him miserable with some staxy prison stuff maybe.
>>
>>64004946
he has those decks too. i don't want to contribute to the problem. if i do he will respond by just pushing the envelope even more. i also don't want to spend money buying stupid stax cards just so that people will hate playing with me.
>>
>>64004927
yeah token creatures
>>
>>64003875
I'm too tall to be a sissy so I play naya
>>
>>64004991
there are 525 white/black cards that create or care about creature tokens

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[creature]+[token]&color=+![U]+![R]+![G]
>>
File: 1523865019441.jpg (52 KB, 610x395)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>64002616
I'm in almost every thread to be honest, I just don't believe in namefaggotry because I genuinely love 4chan. If people want to circlejerk over who's in the general, there's other websites for that. No one was a dick to me, at least no more so than anyone is a dick to anyone here, it just took a lot out of me to give as much advice as I was churning out, and posters were right, no one wants a giant wall of rudimentary text clogging the general. I don't want to be an attention whore begging for (you)'s, some weird sad cardboard stock trader, or some faggot dealing with autistic online drama, so I usually just chill. My personal life has been going great, but no one really cares about that, as they shouldn't.

Also I know the person saying I gave bad advice was just mad I didn't have magical insight into his Wort deck and generally find Gruul boring. In reality I was spoonfeeding retards in a sad attempt to increase the poster base and foster a dialogue that wasn't really needed. I know what I know, but in the areas I lack, I have wonky opinions people might not agree with, and honestly, most people just want the same advice over and over again. Also, autistic people seeing outside the box tends to be difficult and all that. Long story short, if that guy is coming here for namefags, he should go somewhere else where they're actually wanted. If he wants bantz and occasional god tier recommendations at a speed you won't find anywhere else, he should stay and stop feeding the trolls. If I could change one thing, I would have left the trip as some Dread Pirate Roberts thing where anyone can use it to give good advice and help other anons, but I was too much of a fag to understand that at the time.
>>
What are some spicy etb creatures for yannifar?
>>
File: archfiend.png (120 KB, 223x311)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>at my LGS EDH table earlier tonight
>consists of me, fat guy, dude bro, and dyke with short rainbow-dyed hair
>I'm playing Kaalia, dyke is playing Slivers, fat guy is playing some meme shit, and dudebro is literally playing I MAKE NEW RAT
>6 turns or so into the game, the dudebro has about 30 rat tokens in play and its scaring the shit outta everyone
>Once its my turn, I look over my hand, the Archfiend of Depravity I just drew and the Lightning Greaves I can attach it to.
>I say to everyone during my first main phase that "I think I have the solution to our rat problem. The Final Solution." I was hoping to be a bit humorous and edgy and maybe get a chuckle.
>The fat guy in response exclaims very loudly, "WOAH DUDE I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE JEWISH RATS. ARE YOU GONNA GAS THEM OR PUT THEM IN AN OVEN."
>I could instantly feel the entire store look in our direction and a great dread comes over me as the owner who is sitting close by overhears and says "What's happening. Do I need to come over there?"

Nothing came out of it fortunately, but for a brief moment I thought that me and fat guy were gonna be kicked out for sure. Anything like this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>64004258
What is this deck? What am I looking at? How do you have so much money but such a bad deck?
>>
>>64005280
Bacon and Eggs
>>
>>64004828
I'm tweaking my angel girls right now!
>>
File: Riptide Mangler.jpg (28 KB, 223x310)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>64005280
Trophy Mage, trinket mage, and spellseeker are pretty nifty from a utility point of view. This swol boi is also hilarious, and something something force of savagery that will never work but sounds super exciting.
>>
Got a foil counterspell in the jace spellbook today
>>
>>64005378
This being said, should I make a 5 color pretty bad commander deck, or retry my dimir idea?
>>
>>64005391
What's your Dimir idea?
>>
I'm disappointed in the craw wurm deck we cobbled together /edhg/. I was the first to reply to it and I admit my advice wasn't the best, but if we're gonna make a CRAW WURM.dec, why not involve ALL DEM CRAW WURMS? Instead of putting in all the actually semi-useful wurms and then the single namesake wurm, why not just put in glyphs of muraganda and play all them juicy vanilla wurms?
That would be true craw wurm
>>
>>64005378
Congratz anon, use it wisely. I play a foil 7th edition, it looks beautiful.

>>64005391
Dimir. Graveyards are the raveyard.
>>
>>64005399
Kind of the basic dimir idea, mill myself, keep milling myself, cast whatever I want, mill you, mill you more, make copies of whatever I want, stop you from doing what you want, "what do you mean I have to mill until I reveal 20 lands?! That's stupid. Fuck you." which, is also pretty bad because I don't like spending money
>>
File: Mindshrieker.jpg (169 KB, 1300x950)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>64005428
Playing Murko Vosk with the mill dagger is fun, anon
>>
>>64005428
As a rule of wrist, Mill is a shitty strategy to bring to a table.

But, if you're going to do it, make it so you can win all at the same time. Mind Crank + Duskmantle Guild Mage / Bloodchief Ascension is great for table kills.

But really, don't play Mill. It's fucking awful to play against.
>>
>>64005456
What about the shitty five color idea? It kind of revolves around jodah, archmage eternal letting me do whatever I want for 5 mana, plus self mill, plus playing shit like Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, to bring everything at once. Also Chromatic Lantern so I don't care about lands anymore. Conflux to search for whatever I want. Plus copy spells to be an ass. Etc etc etc.
>>
>>64005456
>As a rule of wrist
My sides. The phrase is rule of thumb because counting on your fingers is a mnemonic device, and your thumb is the first/most important one. A rule of wrist sounds like an adequate depth for proctology in horror movies.

>Mill is a shitty strategy to bring to a table.
Eh, I disagree. It depends how you run it. I had an OG lazav wheels deck that was super fun. It centered on having sphinx's tutelage in play, then you stack the triggers with jace's erasure to make complicated hell. If you're lucky you can do something like pop memory jar, brainstorm, windfall, and mill someone 15 iterations. It gets even better in Grixis when you start copying wheels and getting looting to fuel tutelage, or run altar of the brood with tokens and skullclamp.
>>
>>64005542
It's a Boondock Saint's reference you mong.

>>64005506
Jodah fatty tribal is awesome. If you make it Legendary Matters with Urza's Ruinous Blast and such it would be sweet.
>>
>>64005106
Brother
>>
File: 1522292652155.png (174 KB, 265x370)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>64005337
Post list?
>>
I have been wracking my brain for an hour now to come up with the caption to the Merfolk smuggie. any suggestions? This is the first time I've been genuinely stumped by what to put in one of these fucking things.

Also I guess Reddit's here? Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>64005856
"It'll be competitive someday, I swear! Then you guys will look like fools for laughing at me!" whilst seething?

Iunno. Merfolk are kinda boring. Maybe play off that and the generic simic shenanigans.
>>
File: merfolk.png (14 KB, 427x373)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>64006002
Yeah, them being boring was kind of why I couldn't figure anything out. Oh well, I traded humor for fish tits I guess.
>>
>>64006098
I feel like Kruphix should have one. He's a very distinct flavor of UG smugness that comes from having 100's of mana for everything from blue suns zenith to hydra broodmaster to a billion eldrazi out of nowhere, all with a grip of at least 30 cards and open mana for counterspells every turn because seedborn muse is a perfectly fair magic card.

He's the perfect commander for the timmy that just discovered blue.
>>
it better be slow today cause of fnm not cause youre normies
I still need a sissylesnya bf to play with my cockatrice
>>
>>64005812
I'm about to pass out for tonight anon but I'll be back in the morning. Maybe you can even help accept that I should not put Divine Visitation in just because it makes more cute girls.
>>
>>64006373
I mean, you should usually be making angel tokens outright. I can't think of much token generation in an angel deck that isn't just going to be making angels anyway. Dawn of Hope, Oketra's Monument, Decree of Justice, and Emeria Angel I suppose.
>>
>>64006422
Dawn, Oketra, Emeria, Regna, Militant Angel, and nuKarn are the ones I have that don't make angels. Was thinking about adding Requiem Angel too since that keeps making replacement angels. I haven't been able to play for 5 months thanks to depression but now that I'm not in a hole financially and emotionally I'm just excited to play with all the shiney new stuff, so I know Im trying to force it. I might throw it in for this week and swap it for Smothering Tithe and/or the Angel of Grace after release
>>
>>64006516
>blackedfag
typical whiteboi
>>
Bontu?
>>
>>64005391
>>64004258
5c goodstuff my friend
>>64005304
>bad
I win most of my games, well over 50% winrate with it
>>
>>64004309
I'd find space for torrential gearhulk as well also more ramp and instant card draw like chemisters insight and hieroglyphic illumination.
youve only got 1 wincon which is concerning
Cut:
unwind, its not great imo
rewind, same
telling time, run better draw
insidious will, personally not a fan of 4cmc counterspells
>>
>>64006752
>Bontu?
Oketra?
>>
>>64006859
>Oketra
Kefnet?
>>
If I have Urabrask out and my opponent then plays a creature with a xenagod on the field, can he swing that creature at me?
>>
>>64006876
No, because the creature enters the battlefield tapped, it cannot attack even though it has haste unless your opponent has some way of untapping it before attackers are declared.
>>
>>64006892
I knew it, I got 2nd in one of our matches tonight because of that. If only one of us was paying attention oh well.
>>
>>64006850
gearhulks 6 mana puts me off as bad as him being a permanent, the only reason snap is in is because he costs 2 mana

unwind and rewind are great counterspells, untapping lands lets me also draw on endstep or counter more shit
and insidious will is more than just a counter so I like the value

honestly I think im good with this build, nexus in this deck feels like a 7 mana card to draw a card and play another land
maybe next set Ill add that 5 mana draw 3 in azorius that can scry 3 if I need it to
>>
File: 1506784306279.png (244 KB, 2518x1024)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>64005283
I'm german and some people at my local store crack these kinds of jokes all the time and no one gives a shit. Some other friends of mine are more heavily offended by far less, but tell perverted jokes instead.
Just be a bit sensitive around people you don't know and get a playgroup that isn't shit.

>Pic very related
>>
>>64005106
Yeah I remember you had trouble giving any meaningful advice for gruul unless it was a cookie cutter creature based thing like xenagod or something.
>>
I was inspired by the EDHREC article the other day about Ninjutsu (also Yuriko is a top QT), so I decided to throw together a quick budget brew. Is there anything obvious I've missed? I plan on grabbing a shifting reality deck in a few days which contains most of the more expensive cards, then picking up the rest from trolltrader.

https://deckstats.net/decks/123255/1180626-yuriko
>>
File: 1532537792800.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>64006789
It's shit, also Library is b&
>>
>>64005106

Unlike you though, all I get is shit. Plus, you can't unexist once people know who you are. Can't help that, I haven't name fagged in a long time. i generally do like your text "clogs" because they are actual content. We had a day where for 3 threads people were discussing the infinite turn pass teferi loop. That's an awful fucking combo which makes you dead in all but the most craw wurm of tables. At least when you post your epic paragraphs I learn something about deck construction. You posting more would increase the quality of these threads. I'm also curious as to how you're doing, hope you're well.

Also, you should make a craw wurm deck. I'm curious as to what you would come up with. My take on the concept is this:

>>
>>64005283
Gasp! He said the J word! The name of the special chosen people, Those Who Are Above All Others!!!

That guy is a retard faggot for saying something like that, but this kind of shit annoys me to no end. Why can't spergs contain their bigotry?
>>
>>64005417

I thought of this, but it would also be terrible. i have 15 wurm cards in the deck. Others wanted to do a more Gruul or Selesnya focused wurm deck. Try making something and we can compare. I'm actually going to build mine, I know tables where this will actually do pretty well.
>>
>>64007511
Gruul Ragebeast, Where Ancients Tread, Warstorm Surge, and Sarkhan’s Unsealing make it so that you can play a bunch of fat vanilla creatures and still get value, which is kinda nice. Could even put in the petroglyphs if you went all in on in.
>>
>>64007635

Hey nigger, go gas yourself.
>>
>>64007644
maybe social card games aren't for you. have you considered solitaire?
>>
>>64007651

You're in the wrong place for that buddy, lol.
>>
>>64005378
Outta the two spellbook I got - I got a Mystical Tutor foil and a Brainstorm foil. Sold the brainstorm foil for $25 when it came out.
>>
>>64007549
God I love Gruul Rage Beast.
>>
>>64007635
Maybe that "random woman" was a dyke? That's pretty specific desu. Also kys
>>
>>64007741
well it's a derogatory term, even if it's true. it's like casually describing you as the low iq mutt at the table, it's not nice
>>
>>64007766
Gays call other gays fag all the time. I don't see the issue.
>>
>>64007781
he sounds like one of those hetero white cucks who get offended for other peoples trifles

t. boikissing faggot
>>
infinite combos are a boring way to play
>>
>>64007858
Yeah
>>
>>64007858
FUCK INFINITE COMBOS AND FUCK TUTORS
>>
>>64007781
yeah it can be a term of endearment but you obviously wouldn't use it with strangers because they're, you know, strangers.

i got a lot of time so i can teach you all these basic social skills if you want me to
>>
>>64007882
>not realizing all creatures on this earth are your brothers and sisters
>>
>>64004795
>i know that the correct solution is to tell him that he needs to run something more casual but i don't think he enjoys casual magic so that would basically be telling him to leave
Sometimes that's just what you have to do.
>>
>>64007858
combos are fine, its the tutors that are boring. making a 6 piece combo is fun as fuck when it works but if i can reliably get it every game then whats the point?
>>
>>64007934
Sure gives a new kink to all sex then.
>>
>>64005283
I'm Jewish and even I think that's funny.
>>
File: 1545784791520.png (38 KB, 162x155)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>64004258
>BANNED CARD IN A LIST
>>
>>64007635
Found the blue haired trans creature.
>>
>>64008221
Probably a house rule. My group unbanned Sylvan Primordial and Sundering Titan and banned Deadeye Navigator. Nobody uses Eldrazi Displacer tho.

It's been working out fine so far.
>>
>>64008221
That's what the Wastes is for.
>>
>>64008246
found the socially awkward retard :)
>>
File: gruul-craw-wurms v1.png (419 KB, 600x1194)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
Using suggestions from my fellow Anons, I have build the ULTIMATE GRUUL CRAW WURMS deck. Built to own stupid Timmies epic style, this deck will sodomize your enemies with giant 100 mile wurms. There are no breaks on this train.

All we need now is the Selesnya wurms, something I admit is a bit out of depth having never build a GW deck.

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gruul-craw-wurms/?cb=1547300986
>>
>>64008251
>unbanned Sylvan Primordial
Flickering that shit wasn't even the problem. All it had to do was stick, and it wasn't hard to get it out super early. The worst part is that if you weren't running green, you couldn't even take advantage of cloning it like Prime Time. It wasn't hard to ramp/cheat it out super early and put yourself ahead 6 turns. Primordial was fucking cancer to the point where we started using Teferi's Response until SP was banned.
>>
>>64004895
My token package in my B/W deck is currently
Ophiomancer (just really good, comes down early, interacts well with a sacrifice theme, makes a snake in *every* player's upkeep, wards off attacks, is a nonbo with mirror Entity)
Hero of Bladehold (one of the best aggressive token producers, pumps your other tokens)
Grave Titan (two zombies on etb and attacks is nuts, goes well with Eldrazi Displacer and reanimation)
Wurmcoil Engine (amazing card, goes well with sacrifice effects)
Brimaz, King of Oreskos (great value for his cost)
Angel of Invention (etb ability, so it goes well with Displacer and recursion, pumps your other tokens, has option to just be a big beater with keyword soup)
Geist-Honored Monk (etb goes well with Displacer, gets bigger with the amount of creatures you have)
Elenda, the Dusk Rose (excellent for rebuilding if there is a board wipe, easy to get counters on her)
Crested Sunmare (if you have much lifegain, this is amazing)
Resplendent Angel (haven't tested this yet, but seems good with lifegain like Sunmare, my commander also happens to be a 5/5 with lifelink)
Entreat the Angels (just testing it out in Luminarch Ascension's spot, I have top, Doom Whisperer, and Vampiric Tutor to manipulate my top deck)

I'm still tweaking it, and your strategy will determine which and how many token producers you want. Someone else mentioned Bitterblossom, which I've cut since the token production is a bit slow even though it comes down early. I might squeeze it back in at some point.
>>
>>64007187
It really just seems like whoever made that meme got kicked out of his lgs for being a douche.
>>
>>64007766
I see your point, but we're using that language here. I wouldn't agree if he said that to her in person. Like I'll call you a giant retard faggot, but I wouldn't say that to you in person even though you are. It's for laffs.
>>
>>64004483
She used to be elf hitler, now she's just some hippie and I hate it
>>
>>64008306
>6 turns ahead
What
>Making it stick
What

Actually, what the fuck with your whole post. Do you even know what the card does?
>>
>>64008439
I think he's complaining about it ramping you up 3 lands. But i'm not sure.
Still, unbanning Sylvan Primordial is a shit idea. One of the few EDH bans i actually agree with.
>>
>>64008461
>>64008439
Prime Time isnt fine as it gets land combos
Sylvan isnt fine because its a fucking 7 for 1
>>
>>64008461
Ramping AND destroying others' lands.

>>64008439
Maybe what he meant by "sticking" is having it and its ETB resolve
>>
>>64007187
>I'm german and some people at my local store crack these kinds of jokes all the time and no one gives a shit.
To be fair, Germans have historically not given a shit about those types of jokes.
>>
Stuff you could probably unban in EDH:
Biorhythm (It's shit)
Coalition Victory (Approach of the Second Sun which is easier to do and cast is k but this isn't?)
Library of Alexandria ( If you want to spend the whole game with exactly 7 in hand then do it fgt)
Sway of the Stars (10 mana, doesn't delete game completely)
Worldfire (9 mana and there are worse game ruining effects like this for less mana)
Everything else of the list is banned for obvious reasons and i won't bother making a case for them.
>>
>>64007635
What do you think this is, blue-check twitter? Jesus you trannies just shit up everything I like
>>
>>64008562
Things that could be banned from EDH:
You
>>
>>64008562
If you don't understand why Sway of the Stars and Worldfire can't be unbanned, you're bad at this game
>>
>>64007421
>Also, you should make a craw wurm deck.
I took a peak, is this a deck for craw wurms (vanilla creatures/french vanilla), the stereotypical craw wurm type decks played at a craw wurm meta, or what I would play in a craw wurm meta? Give me like 20 minutes, I'll haphazardly throw together something.
>>
>>64008590
Speaking of trannies, I would live a 5-colour Alesha
>>
>>64008597
I feel dissed.
>>
>>64008562
>Library is fine
>Instant wins like biorythm and coalition victory are fine
>Panoptic mirror not fine
>Painters servant not fine
>Recurring Nightmare not fine

And that's not even getting into library, which is easily stronger than moxen. Might as well take those off your list too.
>>
>>64008629
>library, which is easily stronger than moxen
u wot m8
>>
>>64008439
>destroy 3 lands
>fetch 3 lands
I suppose it's only 4 turns ahead
>>
>>64008629
Now this is a shitpost.
>>
>>64008618

You play literal Craw Wurm and other wurms. I made a Gruul and a Mono G version. I have about 15 wurm cards in each, I want to go heavier, but the dorks take up a lot of space.
>>
>>64008641
Out of context, if I could choose between drawing library or drawing moxen at any stage of the game, the library is always better.
>>
>>64008306
No dude, go read the discussion on the official website about why it was banned. The card was banned due to repeatable effects and warping the game around it. When the card landed, the game became all about that card. Flickering, cloning, ect ect.

Flickering was what was made the card busted and why the RC got rid of it.
>>
>>64008688
Oh, a deck for literal craw-wurms and I'm supposed to make it playable. Neat. I'll make a non-wurm tribal deck as viable as I can, using only outrageously costed and generally terrible wurms. I'm about half done.
>>
>>64008728
Furthermore, I only ever play with the same 4 people. If the card ever became an annoyance, we could easily just remove it or just tell the guys abusing it to cut it out. That's the benefit of playing with close friends.
>>
>>64008759
Does it run Wurmcalling?
>>
>>64008945
It actually doesn't because I'm building Maelstrom Wanderer and it wont cascade well.
>>
File: ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg (89 KB, 1024x768)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>64005008
>anon asking for people's experience on the best token producers in a color combo
>give him a gatherer search of all cards that care about tokens in that color
>>
>>64004991
>>64009067

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/203244-everything-token

This is a great resource
>>
>>64009153
Didn't you suggest adding this to the op at some point? Although I don't think most anons would like linking to mtgsalvation. Club rules and all.
>>
>>64005008
>y2k+19
>still using gatherer
Shig dig my nig
>>
>>64009153
I don't think that has been updated since 2013...
>>
So here's that Craw Wurm deck I was building. Ironically, if you remove all the craw wurms and add good cards, this deck won't be too bad. I have... 12? I tried to include the shittiest wurms I possibly could and the objective is to Johnny your way into Timmy'ing them as hard as you possibly can. There's a lot of neat tech for regular maelstrom lists, and I tried to avoid obviously overpriced things, and if you cut the fetchlands, you can cut probably $300 off this deck really easily.

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enter-the-alestorm-maelstrom-wanderer/?cb=1547307848
>>
>>64008306
No one used Teferie'a Response. SP was banned nearly out of the gate because of its extreme similarity to Sundering Titan in practice.

People forget that it's a non-creature permanent - not a land. Which is why flickering made it so busted. A single-time usage of it is just good advantage for a card that costs 7cmc.
>>
>>64009366
It's a little better for adding "not"s to searches if you're lazy
>>
How do I play this gal in a midrangey control-ish deck?
>>
I'm digging all the Craw Wurm decks, but they all seem like they're missing something. Obviously, the deck needs Green, but Red, White and Black all have options that seem like you'd want to play with. So... is the answer to run Saskia in the Command Zone? Or would Ikra Shidiqi and Bruse Tarl make for a better choice?
>>
>>64009522
Dumb celt poster
>>
File: hhh10.jpg (8 KB, 310x281)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>64009531
I mean, if you say so. Just trying to contribute to the latest meme.
>>
>>64009377
You're right. Fuck I'm old.
>>
>>64004258
If you hardly cast your commander try child of alara
>>
>>64009583
I'm right there with you anon. I just started getting suspicious when it was talking about commanders being vulnerable to tuck.
>>
>>64009624
True, I should run it or Hivelord for a blocker but Cromat is just sweet
>>
>>64009522
Depends what you want to do with the deck. All I really think black adds are ways to discard the stupid craw wurms from your hand when they clog it up, and ways to reanimate them afterwards. With my list I just sort of took the wurms as a handicap and wanted an incidental way to play as many wurms as I possibly can, though the deck seems to play better than I expected.
>>
>>64009503
shit
>>
>>64009503
You play Tariel instead
>>
File: inv-127-trench-wurm.jpg (220 KB, 672x936)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>64009728
Charnelhoard Wurm, Massacre Wurm and Trench Wurm all seem fairly playable, but then there's all the tools that naturally come with the color.
>>
Give me a non basic commander, now.
>>
File: craw wurm pimpin.png (2.3 MB, 1420x800)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>64009385

This is a powerful Craw Wurm Deck. Thank you for contributing ADAA. So far this thread has produced 3 Craw Wurm Decks:

Mono G: Goreclaw

Gruul: Mina and Denn
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gruul-craw-wurms/

Temur: Maelstrom Wanderer
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enter-the-alestorm-maelstrom-wanderer/

One more and we can have a full table of Craw Wurms. I'm going to work on a Selesnya Wurm list. Populate will make that build fun.
>>
>>64009728

I like it. Dump all your wurms, reanimate them with along with a Mogus marauder, and swing for game right there. A powerful Craw Wurm deck indeed. Work on it and show us what you come up with.
>>
>>64007858
Best example I have for a good deck with infinite combos was the vampire tribal deck I played against during Return to Ravnica. Olivia was at the helm and it was vampires swinging at you face. He put exquisite blood in for the theme but put sanguine bond in as well. He averaged that combo maybe once every 5 games.
But then he put in tudors
>>
>>64009503
Maybe enchantment/voltron theme? Mardu gives good access to auras and curses that'll weigh your opponents down, including buffs for Licia. Throw in Sphere of Safety, obviously.
>>
>>64009846
>>
>>64009503
Her strength is that she can be consistently cast for 3 mana. Play on that. Soul sisters and ranger of eos to search for them. Seems like a good commander for aristocrats.
>>
>>64010019
Honey, I said NON basic. Thanks for the effort
>>
>>64009786
>>64009814
no u
>>64010002
This is what I was thinking.
>>64010068
Kinda what I was thinking
>>
>>64009846
>>64010222
Basic is a quality only possessable by lands, not legendary creatures.
>>
File: damia.jpg (34 KB, 223x310)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>64010264
Look at this bitch and tell me she's not basic. She probably puts pumpkin spice in her latte.
>>
File: damia.jpg (722 KB, 1600x1170)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>64010381
Damia petrifies my dick.
>>
>>64010264
t. Basic bitch crawbabby
>>
>>64010222
Why don't you tell us then?
>>
how's the phelddagrif buyout going?
>>
>>64010606

It went. We traded at the spike. Got some nice trades.
>>
>>64010606
>near mint copies for 6 dollars
>fag lord "bought them out" at 3 dollars
>1.50 dollars profit per card after fees and shipping
>he "bought out" like 30 copies
>at best 60 dollars profit after MONTHS

It is a colossal failure but he will try and spin it as "subsidising" the hobby while everyone in the thread laughs at him every few weeks.
>>
>>64010715

I traded at $15, I'm not sure where you get these numbers from. But okay lol.
>>
You see ADAA? Do I start shit? I'm just trying to build Craw Wurms and have a good time with my internet friends. But these subhumans keep trying me.
>>
File: puck.png (250 KB, 600x880)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>64010738
Ya that is why when you checked ebay when you said you sold them you could see no copies were moving. It is ok to lose on a spec anon, you don't have to lie about it. You can't win them all.
>>
>>64010817

You can go back to the archives. I said I traded them at $12 to $15 each. I live near 5 local game stores and I go every week. I'm not sure why trading 30ish Hippos seems improbable to all of you. Do none of you go to a card shop at all?
>>
I'm sure these namefags contribute positively to the thread sometimes but whenever their identity comes up, it turns into a passionate circlejerk in the eye of a shitstorm.

We seriously, legitimately, completely need a Discord for /edhg/ so attention-starved neets can go there to fellate each others and this thread can remain about anonymous discussion of EDH where content matters more than whether or not you're the guy that bought out hippos or the retard /pol/ack that flaunts his lack of knowledge about the game next to a frog avatar.
>>
>>64010919
Namefags or namedfags*. I have a name here as well but I don't go around all the time pointing out I'm Sheldonposter, except right now.
>>
>>64010900
>guise I totally traded them
>no there is no proof just take my word on it
Sure thing, bud.
>>
File: skeleton king.jpg (21 KB, 400x325)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>64010919
It is because 4chan is supposed to be anonymous. Namefags are just redditors who don't understand the point of 4chan and should be banned on site by the mods. The only reason they are allowed to stick around is because most of the currently mods and jannys are redditors.
>>
>>64010919
>We seriously, legitimately, completely need a Discord for /edhg/
dear god no, the last time there was a discord the thread just turned into about 5 fags trying to force it as hard as possible and legitimate conversion was impossible for like 4 months
>>
>tfw your order from TCGplayer doesn't make it on time for EDH league
>starting to worry one of the cards you got might not arrive as described because of the price you managed to get it for
>>
>>64011030
Then where do we quarantine the namefags? They obviously can't live without each other's dick in their mouth so where will they find that catharsis?
>>
>>64011050
you dont, just ban them and anyone who brings them up because 9 times out of 10 anyone who brings up a namefag is just that namefag samefagging to make them self seem more liked
>>
>>64011070
DKA gets banned all the time, still keeps coming back.
>>
>>64011085
then you ban the entire IP range from /tg/ for like a week
>>
>>64009846
Ezpz
>>
>>64010919
I'm fine with everyone getting banned. Discords are cancer because they foster that kind of identity bullshit we're trying to avoid. In general over half of the posters have been here for years at a time, so we recognize each other. The flip side is samefagging avatar bullshit is never wanted or enjoyed. Just purge them all, let god sort it out.
>>
>>64010919
I think we should put the discord link in the OP :^)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (144 KB, 672x936)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
post great flavor :^)
>>
>>64011048
>tfw you place an order while budgeting and when you go to review it you forgot two cards and now dont want to place another order because I'd have to pay shipping twice

Gay as fuck
>>
>>64009503
>post a voltron commander
>want a midrangey control-ish deck

I'd start with picking another legendary creature.
>>
>>64011228
B U I L D
U
I
L
D
>>
File: mmq-129-dark-ritual.jpg (211 KB, 672x936)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>64011228
>that card
Holy fuck what happened to actually good flavor
posting a personal fav though
>>
>>64011228
How many read "you're" as "you'se" and "your" as "yo"
>>
>>64011282
when you fill your company with sjws you push out actually good employees
>>
What do when you don't like your playgroup and they play the same annoying decks every single time?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (183 KB, 265x370)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>64011228
>>
>>64011325
Bitch about it on here
>>
>>64011030
There's an EDH discord and it's full of furries.
>>
File: nonbasic commander.png (109 KB, 223x311)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>64009846
>>
File: Spoiler Image (159 KB, 265x370)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>64011228
Unfair
>>
>>64011325
If you actually care talk to them if you don't then find a new one of bitch about it on here.
>>
>>64011331
You can shit on that but it's reminiscent of fairy tale/morality tale shit and thats a step up.
>>
>>64011325
What decks?
>>
I want to make a Dino deck since I already have every dinosaur from the Ixalan block, but I need some recommendations to actually make it good and not just slowly casting dinosaurs and turning them sideways.
How should I protect against boardwipes? Throw in an Avacyn?
How should I pump up my dinos and do more than just take out one opponent before I get rekt?
How should I cheat out dinos to be a threat early on?
Thanks.
>>
Ok, boys. Help me work on a gameplan for my surrak.

Now that they are going to release that new enchantment that prevents creature spells from being countered and gives them riot, I'm in doubt if I want to have creatures that have really good ETB effects or creatures that have great effects while in the battlefield.

I already checked EDHREC and I find the choices there to be too widespread and non-focused for my tastes.

What are you gameplans for your Surrak decks
>>
>>64011379
>"I am faggot king" said anon. "I am really gay and suck many cocks!"

>"No, I am faggot king!" Said anon. "I am really really gay, suck giant cocks, and post passive aggressively on /edhg/!"

>Then the giant autistic craw wurm came up and ate them.
>>
I have just recently began playing edh, and I've seen a couple people comment that boros is generally bad in commander.

I have a really big hard-on for Theros block aesthetics and lore, and was wondering if an Iroas deck could be made that wouldn't be unplayable.

I'd love to run guys like Purohoros (even though he's a better commander), Helios, Stormbreath Dragon, and other good red shit.

Any ideas?
>>
>>64011428
Boros is gonna suck
>>
>>64011419
Holy Basic Batman!
>>
>>64011390
>How should I protect against boardwipes?
Boros Charm
Heroic Intervention
Teferi's Protection

>How should I pump up my dinos and do more than just take out one opponent before I get rekt?
Beastmaster Ascension
Gratuitous Violence
True Conviction

>How should I cheat out dinos to be a threat early on?
Defense of the Heart
Selvala's Stampede
Tooth and Nail
>>
>>64011379
It was reminiscent of all of that, until the writer sperged out on the last line.
>>
>>64011454
Thanks, bro.
>>
>>64011419
Just make it a Timmy tribal deck
>>
>>64011454
Also, Asceticism is great
>>
>>64011428
If you're not playing cEDH, Boros is just fine. Iroas is one of the better commanders in Boros also.
>>
File: Orzhov Signet_GP.jpg (140 KB, 488x680)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
As a general rule of thumb, should signets be in every two color deck?
>>
>>64011591
Only if you can't be doing other shit early on, I guess.
>>
>>64011591
Yes. Even three color decks should run them all, they're very good
>>
>>64011489

But anon, Timmy is banned in EDH.
>>
File: lrw-248-gaddock-teeg.jpg (261 KB, 672x936)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>64003416
Currently brewing this guy. Can't decide if I should go GW Weenie with a grain of Tax or full Stax.
Any recommendations ?
>>
>>64011325
ask them to play something else
>>
>>64011654
Full h8bears
>>
>>64011390
if you are asking here you are actually retarded. there are barely enough enough dinos to make a dino deck and all of them suck outside of like 3 of them

why are tribalfags such utter morons that they need help putting the top 30 creatures of their tribe into a pile?
>>
>>64011698
I didn't even ask about what creatures I should use, you illiterate cunt.
>>
How's Mathas, Fiend Seeker? Is Bounty Token matters actually good? Or should I just build Feldon instead? Anything I can scrap together for less than $50?
>>
>>64011754
Build feldon
>>
>>64011736
doesnt matter, literally all tribal decks use the same support cards in whatever colors they are in. its literally the easiest thing in the world to do and if you are too stupid to answer this stuff for yourself you are going to have a hard life ahead of you

>b-but my deck is different
no it isnt, it never is
>>
>>64008221
the fuck you think the sideways wastes is there for?
>>
>>64011428
>>64011557
Iroas is really bad. He's a creature buff in a color combo that struggles to keep creatures alive at all.
>>
>>64011793
I also didn't ask about tribal support cards, you actually illiterate fuckwit.
>>
>>64011591
I would argue that two-color green decks don't need them.
>>
>>64011832
you are literally asking for support cards you walking lobotomy
>>
>>64011878
>if you have cards in your deck they're tribal support cards
That's how stupid you are, stupid.
>>
>>64011390
If you play Gishath as your commander, and because of that use some top deck manipulation, Lurking Predators, Cream of the Crop, and Congregation at Dawn are pretty good methods to cheat out big dinos.
>>
>>64011922
>i put cards in my deck that dont support my theme and strategy
please dont breed. oh wait, you probably are too retarded to find the hole
>>
>>64011967
You are mentally challenged.
>>
>>64011344
Two =/= full

And we just tell kyrm to fuck off 90% of the time.
>>
>>64011815
There are actually a good amount of wrath protection in R/W, several of which can be tutored for with Sunforger. Teferi's Protection, that new addendum card, Boros Charm, ghostway if you're not running tokens. Selfless Spirit is also great for recurable indestructibility. I run Aurelia, and I don't have much trouble keeping my board built up.
>>
>>64011967
I found your sister's hole
>>
>>64011861
That's a fair argument.
>>
>>64011344
>t. Marski can't-take-a-joke-ass-bitch
A couple of furries is worlds better than the moderator abuse that killed the original discord. At least we can tell the furries to shut the fuck up without getting a ban
>>
>>64012108
There's not much that's viable among those becuase most require you to keep 3+ mana up, hurting your board development since your ramp options suck. Also there's the issue of card advantage. Each boardwipe protection spell you include is one less creature you could include. And while you're worrying about wipes, the opponents can effortlessly shit out wurms that are individually bigger than your whole army.
>Aurelia
The main difference between Aurelia and Iroas is that Aurelia is a threat on her own. Iroas is a do-nothing enchantment that's a creature once in a blue moon.
>>
>>64011698
Youre a fucking cunt, you should kill yourself, unironically.
>>
>>64011654
Stax bears?
>>
>>64012528
seething tribal retard

die
>>
So you guys told me, very confidently that this was a bad card. Let's review some things.

>Better than an anthem, the effect is permanent.

>Bitterblossom, free angebro on upkeep

>Ophiomancer, free angebro each upkeep. Fucking whaat?!?

>Endrek Sahr, fucktons of angebros all day long

>Elspeth, Sun's Champion, three angebros a turn

>Brimaz, your cat's pooping angels bro

>Sengir Autocrat, three angebros that dont leave you behind

>Empty the Pits, "hey Entreat, how many angels you on?" "Like 5 or so" " You are like a little baby watch this."

>Hero of Bladehold, 2 aggro angebros every turn

>Luminarch Ascencion, becomes subpar

>Cloudgoat Ranger, who needs kithkin when you have angebros like this?

The possibilities are endless, and very strong. The card is already creeping up in value, and selling out everywhere. Better pick them up while you can.
>>
>>64012506
>Each boardwipe protection spell you include is one less creature you could include.
I've always been of the opinion that Boros decks that just build "oops all creatures" are never any good. Every deck should have cards that protect their strategy as well as cards that push that strategy forward. I've always wondered if the stigma for Boros was because a lot of Boros players just crap their hand onto the table. You're not wrong about card advantage, but I like to utilize the impulse draw red has and I have a wheel of Fortune which helps.

I haven't actually played Iroas as a commander, so you might be right there. Aurelia is quite the threat on her own.
>>
>>64012860
Im not that guy, I just joined the thread, you're a fucking mongoloid, sub-human filth.
>>
>>64012887
I'm glad you're having a good experience with it, anon! I'm not entirely convinced though. While your situations are cool, it seems like most of the time that it's getting value, it's usually not overly necessary. Every time I've used it, it's been really win more. Maybe I'll have to give it another look.

I'm actually not overly surprised if it's price is going up. It has a big splashy effect.
>>
>>64012983
>unironically defending tribal
>not a massive retard

pick one
>>
>>64012887

I honestly like the card, its decent in EDH
>>Better than an anthem, the effect is permanent.
doesnt work on creatues made before you cast it for 5 mana
>>Bitterblossom, free angebro on upkeep
cost one life, its powerful combo I guess, bitterblossom isnt exactl amazing in EDH though.
>>Ophiomancer, free angebro each upkeep. Fucking whaat?!?
same as bitter blossom, though much better if you dont have any snakes befor eplaying the enchant
>>Endrek Sahr, fucktons of angebros all day long
hes a 5 mana dude too, same stuff as before, are you just listing things that are decently powerful with this effect?
>>Elspeth, Sun's Champion, three angebros a turn
same as the last one
>>Brimaz, your cat's pooping angels bro
same
>>Sengir Autocrat, three angebros that dont leave you behind
same
>>Empty the Pits, "hey Entreat, how many angels you on?" "Like 5 or so" " You are like a little baby watch this."
again
>>Hero of Bladehold, 2 aggro angebros every turn
okay
>>Luminarch Ascencion, becomes subpar
thats true? why bother to point out what cards it doesnt work with when youre just listing positive interactions.
>>Cloudgoat Ranger, who needs kithkin when you have angebros like this?
same as many previous

yes, the card has synergies.
>>
>>64013047
>>unironically defending tribal
i never did that?I called you out for being the sub-human cunt that you are. Let me know when your butthurt subsides I guess, you triggered little cry baby.
>>
>>64012887
I think its stupid good in a regular meta, aka not cedh. this is the kind of card that will let you take over the game if doesn't get removed right after you play it.
>>
>>64012925
To put it into perspective, my current two Boros decks are Gisela mass burn and Tajic combos. There's not much left in the colors aside from those two that's not much better done in tricolor. Token decks in Boros suck because the bulk of token support is in green, thus you'd rather play Naya. Sunforger shit benefits more from Mardu and Jeskai since you get so many more options to tutor. Gisela, though I loved that deck, I barely play anymore since she eats so much removal and it's really hard to keep her alive for a full rotation to do stuff. Any random StP, Fleshbag, Cyc Rift can wreck your plan completely and you simply can't reliably dodge all of those ubiquitous threats on a consistent basis in Boros. Aurelia is kinda similar, except haste makes her a more potent commander for voltron in trade for being able to Hidetsugu the table at once. Tajic runs a much lower curve so I'm not nealy as bummed to lose him.
>>
>>64013047
>>64012860
So what about tribal decks triggers you so much? You're playing a casual format you know that, right?
>>
>>64013165
its boring as fuck to play against and play while requiring literally 0 brain power to pilotor build yet literally every mouth breathing waste of human garbage comes to this thread to ask for advice on it and how to build it every fucking time. tribalfags are sub human
>>
>>64011793
most commander decks are virtually the same anyways. most of the time you just know which cards the other players must be playing the moment you see their commander. get off your high horse.
>>
>>64012887
The card is bad in 75% and cEDH metas. Everywhere else it's an absolute powerhouse or gets your opponents to waste removal.
>>
>>64013205
>its boring as fuck to play against and play while requiring literally 0 brain power
Maybe try a format thats not casual or stop coming to threads that you dont like the content of?
>>
>>64013205
>my brain is far too large to exist in a world of tribal decks. Nothing personal, kid
>>
>>64013268
Well, to be fair you do have to have very high
IQ to enjoy EDH.
>>
File: Dehydration.jpg (68 KB, 312x445)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>64011228
>>
>>64005812
I'm sorry I took so long anon but here is my list I just updated the 99 but haven't bothere to swap the maybeboard.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lyras-holy-host-1/?cb=1547323549
>>
What's a Jori En wincon that isn't storm? Drakes?
>>
>>64012887
Of you play Cathar's Crusade.
>>
>>64013361
Burn
>>
>>64013389
So, what feeds it? Mana Geyser snapcast Mana Geyser? Or am I going full Dramatic Scepter?
>>
>>64013205
>ts boring as fuck to play against and play while requiring literally 0 brain power to pilot
You literally just described 99% of EDH, you fucking autistic shitheel.
>>
>>64013388
Whoa now anon, I don't have enough brain power to keep track of Cathar's Crusade.
>>
>>64013482
I know, it takes literally Stephen Hawking at a quantum supercomputer to keep up.
>>
>>64013105
If by regular meta you mean 50% then sure. The kind of meta where Assemble would be considered impactful. It's too weak for 75%.
>>
>>64012887
But it makes, like, a small handful of cards worse!

Memeing aside, you do sell its potential pretty well here. Ophiomancer especially seems amazing. Dragon Broodmother and Mycoloth are also pretty great, all considered.
>>
>>64013388
t. Stefan Molyneux

We don't all have triple digit IQ's anon
>>
looking for your best undercosted green creatures
>>
>>64013610
Undercosted for what? Body or game impact?
>>
>>64013610
Ghalta.
>>
>>64013637
body mostly
>>
>>64013565
That card is so great, I am so sad I had to cut it from my dragon deck, because there are just better alternatives.
>>
>>64012887
It's not a terrible card. But Cathar's Crusade, Beastmaster Ascension and Shared Animosity are simply better, a lot of times even Eldrazi Monument is, and there's only so many anthem effects you can run in a single deck.
>>
Okay, /edh/, how do I make a rdw edh deck for less than $100 and have it be somewhat competitive against tryhards?
>>
>>64013654
Tarmogoyf
>>
>>64013721
Zada is about the only option for truly competitive.
>>
>>64013760
Zada? I don't normally play mono red
>>
>>64009871
>https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/handsome-green-snake/

Wurms are primaryily green but GR and GW wurms exist, why not make mayael wurms?
>>
>>64013791
I thought you said red deck wins?
>>
>>64013842
Well yeah, but normally that's mono red, isn't it?
>>
>>64013920
...yes?
>>
>>64013937
Well what's zada? I don't normally play this style and I'm interested
>>
>>64013954
https://img.scryfall.com/cards/large/en/a25/156.jpg?1521723681
>>
File: file.png (137 KB, 223x311)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>64013954
It's a fast token+storm deck. Cast stuff like expedite 5+ times and play rituals into kill everyone
>>
>>64014012
Is there a decklist somewhere?
>>
>>64014055
>>64013993
>>
>>64014068
That just shows the one card, anon
>>
>>64014055
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whos-your-zadaddy/
>>
>>64014012
https://edhrec.com/commanders/zada-hedron-grinder-budget-budget
>>
>>64014101
>under $100
>>
>>64014138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7pgVjLE_A
>>
>>64014138
the service plan in that advertisement at the bottom is actually 30 gigs of hotspot data per line. its odd that the advertisement would be wrong.
>>
>>64014177
Data throughput and bandwidth don't equate to user traffic data limits
>>
>>64014138
Yeah I know, cut shit that's expensive
>>
In a three-color deck, where one of your colors is Green, is it better to run ramp spells, mana rocks or a mix of the two?
>>
>>64014207
Im fully aware? I manage a boost franchise group. Lol.
>>
>>64014284
Ramp spells. Lands are harder to remove than artifacts
>>
>>64014284
depends on your mana base and strat. Most of the tine ramp will bebetter in a typical meta, in a more competitive meta rocks work much better thanks to MLD. Typically id go with mostly ramp into lands and a handful of the most consistent rocks. mindstone, signets, worn power stone, hedron archive.
>>
>>64013721
If you mean cEDH players by tryhards, your only viable option for mono-red is Godo, and to power the deck you'll need fast mana options that you just can't get for under $100.

I'd consider building Yisan or Ruric Thar instead. Both of them can be built competitively on a stiff budget though you'll suffer from the lack of Cradle and zero-cost acceleration.
>>
>>64012887
Not even gonna mention Anointed Procession?
>>
>>64014298
>>
>>64014486
That's just gravy brother :^)
>>
File: 1522561834621.jpg (63 KB, 650x470)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>64014444
>>
>>64014298
How much do you make?
>>
>>64014663
Whats your point exactly? I almost guarantee I make more money than you if that's what you're going to say. I manage a group of franchises, not like a store, more like 23 stores, if you happened to misunderstand.
>>
>>64014714
From my salary, $54 a year, I make between $500 and $1500 a month in commission on top of that and we have national contests that I get something between $2000-$5000 from but more than half of it is in gift cards and bullshit like that.
>>
>>64014663
Where do you work? How much do you make?
>>
do i need these rings for an oona deck?
>>
>>64014786
its decent with her.
>>
>>64014786
>two mana to double your supermill and token output
Run Illusionist's Bracers too.
>>
>>64014663
You need to be banned.
>>
>>64014759
Not bad, that's about how much I make
>>
>>64014718
Somebody seems insecure.
>>
>>64014663
Yikes. Sorry poorfren
>>
>>64014968
Was supposed to be $54k, I hope that was understood.
>>
>>64014990
Everytime I say I work for boost I get this response like, "oh that means you're a worthless burn out" or "oh so you're poor" and that's nowhere near the case, I used to work for a company called MSA management and I made less money then, I have more responability now, and I got more respect when I told people my job back then. I hope its understandable why that's frustrating to me.
>>
>>64014993
Understood. I make about 55
>>
>>64014991
This thread having you in it is like a person having cancer.
>>
>>64015163
>pathological
>>
>>64013105
cEDH isn't a good point of comparison, since the format is full of super weird shit, like people playing Three Wishes for example.
>>
Aggro is the most intellectually demanding and strategic archetype in this format. Change my mind.

I'm serious.
>>
>>64015163
It's metastasizing too, the cancerous posters are multiplying.
>>
>>64015391
I can't because you are correct.
>>
>>64015391
incorrect, that is suicide aggro (control)
>>
>>64015627
That's just super-aggro (voltron), it still fits within the overall aggro archetype.
>>
File: anafenzatheforemost.jpg (93 KB, 223x311)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Puzzle time. I just lost my first game running Abzan reveillark / hulk combo. I took some very conservative lines and ended up falling on the back foot, which makes me think I should have more aggressively raced towards the combo. So here's the setup, tell me what the fastest line is.

>Board: Saffi Eriksdotter, Phyrexian Revoker
>Hand: Eladamri's Call, Eldritch Evolution, Sun Titan
>Mana: 3 mana untapped, 2 tapped. No lands in hand and assume you never draw any.
>Command zone: Anafenza, died once, costs 5 mana.

You are free to make any assumptions you want about the contents of the deck, I'm curious what the fastest line is from here.
>>
>>64012887
I grabbed a playset the very instant that Afterlife was spoiled, since I knew then and there that it would be worth having them in case I wanted to hop on that train for Standard. If I see a loose copy in someone's binder I usually try to pick them up as well because you can never have too much of a sought-after card no matter what someone says.

One's going into my Teysa Karlov deck just because there's so much sweet synergy she has going on there.I plan on stuffing it full of not only the afterlife creatures, but other stuff like doomed traveler and dissenter, you know, just go double-down on dying triggers and extra tokens, gonna throw in Elspeth as well. So much value here it's gonna be a blast.

Oh, an Elesh Norn too, I guess, why not?
>>
File: palace-jailer.jpg (146 KB, 488x680)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Do you guys run Monarch-giving creatures? Is this a good one, in your experience? I do like Regal Behemoth but the 6-drop slot tends to have a whole fucking lot of competition.
>>
Could anyone recommend cuts/additions please?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-reanimator-edh-2/
>>
>>64016169
>Withering Boon
Ooooooooooooh lad, sexy
Aside from that, I'd chuck gray merchant and add a Grave Pact.
>>
>>64015410
>schizophrenic
>>
>>64016169
>Additions
Victimize is easily my favorite reanimation spell so you could throw that in there.
No monoblack deck is complete without Toxic Deluge, it's just too versatile and efficient to pass.
Plaguecrafter is an excellent target to reanimate over and over again.
You think you can get away with not playing Necropotence you fucking fuck?
You have ways to put guys in opponents' graveyards, run Sepulchral Primordial for a payoff.
I am really big on Shriekmaw, great versatility, turns Chainer's ability into a 3-life-cost Murder. Fiend Hunter does more of the same. Duplicant as well if you're not worried about curve, but that would be my last pick.
Nykthos, motherfucker.

>Cuts
Wayfarer's Bauble and Caged Sun are potential cuts. Extraplanar lens comes down earlier than Sun and that makes it better overall imo, consider that one.
Spirit of the Night is nostalgic and has badass art but it's just not good.
Underworld Connections is your worst draw enchantment. Cut it.
Laquatus Champion is extremely meh.
Diamond Mare a shit.
A lot of your 4-drops are pretty low-impact overall, and they are absolutely destroying your curve. I would look into making cuts in that category, and possibly add a bit of ramp.
>>
>>64016276
>Withering Boon
I always try to have one or two counter spells no matter the deck. I play in a casual group so having someone tap all out for a "big brain" cast is common and I like to have an answer.

>Grave Pact
A little bit out of my budget (all my other expensive cards I already owned). My biggest fear with this deck is that it's too slow and while I many creatures like to kill others, I'm afraid I don't have enough creatures that want to be killed.
>>
>>64016314
>>64015203
Cry more you pathetic bitch.
>>
>>64016407
Forgot the new murderboy, Chupacabre. It's a good choice as well, some players argue it's better than Shriekmaw (I disagree but to each their own).
>>
>>64016407
I mean all your suggestions are great, especially about my 4 mana drops. I play in a decently casual group so I try to hamstring myself a bit by adding in flavor. But seriously thank you, I'll definitely make some edits
>>
>>64016419
Yikes
>>
>>64016628
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>64015920
Probably on the end step of the last opponent use Eladamri's Call to search for Karmic Guide. Play it and return a creature from your GY if there's any. If you drew a land, play it. On your next turn, sac Saffi targeting Guide, use Eldrich Evolution, saccing Karmic Guide to search for a sac outlet creature. Probably best one to search for is Viscera Seer. Oh, and before you search, Guide returns Saffi back. On opponent's end step, loop Guide and Saffi with Seer until your topdeck is Zulaport Cutthroat or Blood Artist and on your turn cast it.
I have no idea what kind of situation you're in if you only have 3 cards in hand, 2 in play only with 5 lands, so assuming on turn 5.
Anafenza is completely useless here and Sun Titan also works with Saffi, but is worse than Guide in this situation, obviously.
>>
>>64010817
>It is ok to lose on a spec anon
But he made money, how do you lose on a spec where you make money exactly?
>>
>>64010970
What proof is he supposed to have? You may aswell say
>guise I have 30 hippos
>no proof though
Like, why believe anything he says at that point?
>>
>>64016890
He posted a pic of the 30 hippos tho.
>>
>>64016669
I was hoping there would be a faster line. The reason for this setup is we had an attrition-heavy game and we'd been fighting over my Stony Silence for a while.
>>
>>64016890
Under normal circumstances there would be emails with an invoice of how much he paid for paid for hippos, and invoices of how much he received for hippos.

Instead he claims there was a small period of time where he could offload the hippos for significantly more than he paid for them, but also doesn't have a single email for offlaoding them at buylist.

Of course nobody would care if he didn't try to shill this shit for weeks, and even now he still says shit like
>You should have listened to me about the hippos you could have made so much

The whole thing is "yeah I have a hot girlfriend at another school, you wouldn't know her" levels of cringe and bullshit.
>>
>>64017019
Also even if you just believe him completely, the amount of time he spent on the buying, selling and shilling, for the money he probably got from it, probably makes it a waste of time. He played the MtG lotto and won, but the payoff wasn't even worth the risk and reward.
>>
>>64016995
It was the fastest thing I could think of. Then again, you didn't mention your GY, so I'm not sure if you had anything there. With 5 mana available and only Saffi on board isn't gonna give much, so setting up would take pretty long time. That said, you'd still have 3 draws, but with my way you could still win without another mana source. There's probably better cards available to fetch with Evolution, but you'd still need a sac outlet, which of the best ones are artifacts. With Guide loops, my go-to would be Blasting Station, but it's not gonna do much with Stony Silence, so best one would be Viscera Seer anyway. Assuming you'd draw a max 2 mana sac outlet, you could play that and sac Guide for Boonweaver and win with that, but then again, best sac outlets are still artifacts.
>>
Fresh, never frozen:

>>64017304

>>64017304

>>64017304
>>
>>64017281
Yeah, all of this makes me think it was right to keep fighting over the Stony Silence, even if it ended up with me still dying. I just wasn't winning that game. My deck has 10+ spot removal spells and I drew 0, I ended up spending most of the game trying to prevent an active Jitte from just fucking my shit up senpai.

I enjoy looking back at games and figuring out what I could've done differently but in this case, I think all paths led to a loss.
>>
>>64010900
Phelddagriffs have been $5-8 for the longest ass time, there's even two in my one local store's case for $6. How the hell did you unload them for almost double what they're worth? I'm kinda curious.Should I go grab the two nearby? Wanna know if I can unload them for sweet, sweet edh cash.
>>
>>64013832

I will add your build to the official list of /EDHG/ craw wurms. I thank you for your service anon.
>>
>>64005449
mill dagger?
>>
File: Trepanation Blade_ISD.jpg (116 KB, 488x680)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>64017678
Probably this
>>
>>64014772
Still a student, guy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.