[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Doot doot edition

MTG Arena / MTGO / Paper Discussions

Watcha
>playin
>brewin
>hatin

Metagame:
>https://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#paper
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/arena_standard#paper

Newfags guide for Arena:
>https://pastebin.com/Busj7sPq

Card Database:
>https://scryfall.com

What’s in rotation:
>https://whatsinstandard.com

Arena event schedule:
>https://mtgarena.community.gl/forums/threads/41988

Track your Vault Progress and other fun things:
>https://mtgarena.pro/mtga-pro-tracker/

>TQ
Which allegiance guild looks the best to draft?

Was Gruul, died anyway
>>63961309
>>
>splashable chainwhirler at uncommon
holy fuck
>>
>>63998362
This is balanced chainwhirler you mean
>>
>>63998456
Chainwhirler was already balanced
>>
File: 1545600775707.png (824 KB, 750x1056)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
>>63998499
>chainwhirler is balanced

no it isnt
>>
What even is this art?
>>
An interesting Mardu combo for limited in the LoadingReadyRun pre-prerelease stream.
>>
>>63998995
Joker crew member + lasso of truth
>>
>>63998995
>dont reprint arrest for like 5 years
>suddenly reprint it with flash
>common
epic
>>
Hey, not sure if this is the best general to ask this in, but I have a draft question.

I stopped playing MTG years ago, and I don't really want to put together a deck from scratch, Draft is my preferred format.

Let's say I went to weekly Drafts, but after each week, I sold every card I drafted back to the store for store credit to put towards the fee for next week's draft, how much do you guys reckon I could shave off the price. Obviously how much Draft costs will vary by location, as will how much the LGS will offer for cards, but generally, how much of a return could I be looking at for selling the cards from an average draft?

I just moved to a new town, so I don't know anyone, otherwise I'd just offer to draft for one of the local big spenders, since I know they'd offer a better deal than the LGS.
>>
>>63998362
>splashable
It's 4 mana and its stats are weaker
not really worth splashing in non-red when they can use their T4 for better drops
>>
>>64000283
About tree fiddy
>>
File: 1545768101358m.jpg (72 KB, 1024x486)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>standard
>>
Orzhov looks fucking unplayable.
Why did they do this?
>>
>>64000737
Given how hard theyre pushing Kaya its really baffling.
>>
>>64000737
WB will forever be punished for the Dusk Legion's popularity
>>
>>64000778

Our judge believes Kaya was printed for Legacy, but had to be in this set to work for Standard
>>
>>64001378
Kaya might work in sideboards but even then burn and midrange look good in the new meta, and she will do poorly there. Literally get trampled over or be unable to combat the massive amounts of damage flowing in. This makes her a poor niche card... in a shitty archetype too since Orzhov looks so fucking bad.
>>
>>64000709
I know, anon. Unfortunately, most people are playing arena and/or wanting to try and make their favourite Guild work in standard. In fairness, Standard was okay early into the GRN season but it's looking to fall into cancer very soon.

>>64000812
I'd love to see info on the Legion of Dusk's proven popularity and then the crackback. I keep hearing about it but nobody can produce information on it. I love it personally, it's the best faction they've put out in ages and ages, but I haven't seen WotC butthurt about it.
>>
>>64001644
>I'd love to see info on the Legion of Dusk's proven popularity and then the crackback. I keep hearing about it but nobody can produce information on it. I love it personally, it's the best faction they've put out in ages and ages, but I haven't seen WotC butthurt about it.
It's because it was all just scrubbed hard.
I remember it too. I forgot if there were 2 or 3 polls but they had this "who do you want to win?" thing and the Legion were crushing it every time. It got especially hilarious when it turned out the Legion were even incredibly popular in South America and Mexico.
>>
>>64001665
This is the internet, nothing's truly gone if someone noticed it. What was WotC's reaction though? A twitter meltdown or something?
>>
>>64001689
They just took the poll down for some bullshit reason and then put up a new one that tried to manipulate the results through some geocaching faggot shit that the Legion still won anyway. You can see in the first link they took the poll down to "unintended functionality" which is total lies.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vote-control-golden-city-2018-02-07
geocaching: https://www.geocaching.com/promotions/promo/magic/

WotC doesn't have meltdowns, they just try to be sneaky and slimy and quietly change things around. But it didn't work, twice.

There was massive fucking damage control afterwards with their incestuous defense force at Hipsters of the Coast stepping in to say "this should never be done again because imagine if the Legion won?" They did win, At least 2 times. WotC just decided to have them not.

https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2018/02/58868/
>>
>>63998328
is it possible to use chaos wands affect and then before the part of the affect that says "then put exiled cards back into opponents library" cast an instant that destroys an artifact and make the cards stay exiled?
>>
File: chaos.png (141 KB, 220x318)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>64001780
>>
>>64001780
No
>>
>>64001761
>https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2018/02/58868/
>I’m not entirely sure that they had a better option available, because a lot of work was put into making the Legion of Dusk both literal monsters and a pretty straightforward analogue to European colonizers.

Jesus the whole point of them was warping the evil vampire trope. Their religion only let them feed from criminals and enemies and to be a Vampire was supposed to be a sacrifice for the greater good. They were pretty grey morally. But muh evil Europeans though.
>>
>>64001884
FUCK WHITIE, ORZHOV QUEENS WYA
>>
>>64001884
You have to realize these people don't see nuance.
>>
>>64001761
Well, I want to thank you very much for spoonfeeding me as you did. I really appreciate digging where I wouldn't know where to look. I'm ecstatic my hometown gave it to the vampires, too.

But holy hell that Hipsters article was hilarious. While they're right (in a broken clock) sense that the Vona getting eaten ending wasn't a very good ending, the flagrant >>64001932 on display on that article is just silly.
>>
>>64001964
I just hope that in Return to Ixalan when we see the Vampire continent they can keep the Vamps interesting. Though they'll probably butcher them as punishment so the Sun Empire can conqueror their continent.
>>
>>64001761
What most people miss is also that they kept taking the polls down. In the beginning, when the polls went up and most people are voting or going out to do the geocache thing, the Legion would always be winning. Then they took them down to reset the results. They just kept doing it until the Legion lost. Absolutely heinous.
>>
>>64001689
There should be some evidence in the mtgsalvation thread for one of the polls. It was so batlant even the yes men noticed.
>>
>>64002002
In an ideal world, WotC would either crash and sell Magic (lol), restructure, or otherwise be in a completely different climate. That way when Torrezon is released as a set, they can focused on the plane without descending into political shitflinging.
>>
>>64002002
The next time the vamps showed up after Ixalan they were butchering a bunch of random animals alive for fun. Then Vivien killed them. And amazingly, Vivien came off as the bad guy.
>>
File: rna-133-open-the-gates.png (913 KB, 745x1040)
913 KB
913 KB PNG
Is this the fixed attune with æther? Helps fix mana hitting gates and basics at G.
>>
>>64002096
I'm actually astonished by Wizards' complete inability to make a likable protagonist.
>>
>>63998362
Pinging the board for 1 is not a huge deal. Look at all the people calling Plague Mare "Chainwhirler #2."

Whirlyboi is good because he's ETB value on top of an already rock solid body. 3/3 First Strike ain't no joke.
>>
File: prowling caracal.png (155 KB, 265x370)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
wtf it's just oreskos swiftclaw but more cat
>>
>>64002137
i agree, chainwhirler would be shit without first strike.
IMO it only has 2 uses, killing llanowars or hawks, and tokens before they get pumped. 3 if you count pinging face
>>
>there's ANOTHER fucking infinite turns bullshit deck in Standard
From the same cum-guzzler who brought us Rainbow Lich to boot.
>>
>>64002341
dude just chainwhirler it
>>
File: 1413784097308.jpg (7 KB, 248x240)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>mfw the opponent uses Chaos Wand to browse through my whole library, finds out that I have no instants and sorceries in my deck at all, and concedes
>>
>>64002147
Oreskos is for anthro furries, Prowling is for bestiality lovers
>>
>>64002063
I wish Hasbro would just move the WotC offices to NY or Austin. They'd still be leftard leaning like any creative endeavor in a city but at least they wouldn't have to be the "woke at any cost" west coast kind, much less literally in the middle of the Portland-Seattle-Vancouver triangle of madness.
>>
File: 1W draft chaff.jpg (149 KB, 853x397)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>64002147
>>
File: en_HJnFC6Eis6.png (160 KB, 265x370)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Full set's out, thoughts?
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/ravnica-allegiance-2018-12-17?fu

I think I'm gonna be buying Rakdos singles only, set doesn't look all that great, maybe a box just for fun when it tanks

Also, funny how they made this card, they must've been relieved enough idiots bought into Ultimate Masters
>>
File: 1546857879839.png (334 KB, 692x617)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>64002980
GRUUL BOIS WW@
>>
>>64002980
It looks so underwhelming. I'm definitely just buying singles. I don't like the design of a lot of the cards either.
>>
>>64002980
I think Light the Stage has some real potential, it just hasn't found a home yet.
>>
>>64003015
>I don't like the design of a lot of the cards either.
This.
It feels mindless. Moreso than usual.
>>
File: 1511483258651.png (177 KB, 314x316)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>64002980
>7 spectacle cards
>like a billion adapt cards
I'm excited for those new lightning bolts and thoughtsiezes to put control in the grave with, and hopefully some nerds will fall for addendum and not hold up counters
>>
>>64003020
Oh shit this is the Standard general.
Jund is looking fucking MAGNIFICENT this set, especially with that one-drop gobbo spectacle enabler.
>>
>rakdos is nothing more but "lol it was just a prank bro"
>>
I think this is the hardest they've pushed mill in standard in forever.
>>
Have WOTC announced that they are banning Teferi yet?
>>
I want to play something control-y but the new set seems to discourage it heavily.
>>
>>64003315
No worries senpai, I gotchu
>>
>>64003383
Millrats are a meme. That new Wall and counterspell are the real deal.
>>
>>64002147
It's actually the same amount of cat and less warrior.
>>
>>64002827
It is like Animorphs
>>
>>64002827
Reminder that the original 3/1 for 1W was a Cat Rebel.
>>
File: Screenshot (41).png (2.74 MB, 1920x1080)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
ayo my turn 6 bout to be lit af
>>
File: Screenshot (42).png (3.39 MB, 1920x1080)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
>>64003663
oh no no no....
>>
>>64003690
AHAHAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED FAGGOT
>>
>>64003701
rude
>>
>>64003701
I died turn 5.
>>
>>64003365
No, but they have announced that Challenger decks are coming back so they can just reprint Teferi and if everyone has one then no one can complain about his powerlevel
>>
>>64003719
It was kinda funny all the people thinking Challenger Decks went away forever and now they're printing more exactly a year later.
>>
File: en_tgR7GbIWg8.png (156 KB, 265x370)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
Arena needs a "tokenboard" where you choose what tokens you want your cards to create whenever there's more than one option.
>>
>>64003770
I mean they're literally printing free money, I know I nuzzle my Hazoret Challenger deck every night before bed ever since I got into Magic
I would've been surprised if they didn't continue printing a new Challenger set
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (30 KB, 400x384)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>64001761
>>64001884
I wasn't really following Magic when the Ixalan sets were recent so this is all news to me.

You're saying that WotC held a community poll to determine which faction would win and actually go so buttblasted that the White/European stand-ins won by a landslide that they fucked with the polls not once but twice? They're that far off the SJW deep-end that this fictional poll triggered them that much?
>>
File: en_uoznaQmqmF.png (187 KB, 265x370)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
*hoses ur shit mono colored deck*
nothin personnel
>>
>>64003900
If WotC were as "woke" as some people think they wouldn't have made the Legion of Dusk so morally complex and interesting in the first place, even by accident. They'd just be the inarguable bad guys.
>>
>>64003900
Yes, that is what happened.
>>
>>64003909
You'd be dead to mono red burn and mono white aggro before he drops, mono blue tempo will have a fistful of counters by turn 7, and mono green will just stomp over him with carny t and ghalta.
Looking forward to running him in limited tho
>>
>>63999284
>for limited
Are there enough decent mardu multicolor cards to make this work, because it has massive potential. Shitty pyromancer looks pgood
>>
>>64003719
Any word on what they will have in them?
>>
I'm interested in playing paper Magic, is it worth going to the welcome event tomorrow? Will I get bullied?
>>
>>64004592
No but they do say it'll be designed just like the old ones so they'll be meta decks and provide people with an easy ticket into Standard tournaments for $300
I'm thinking UW is gotta be one of them since they only print Standard legal cards in these and everyone knows Teferi is one of the best Standard cards but I hope they also include cards like Carny T or Arclight Phoenix

It's all speculation for now though till they come out
>>
>>64004726
Wouldn't be surprised to see a Red aggro deck with a couple Whirlers and Frenzies or Factors.

Maybe even some decks with multiple shocks. And I'm guessing you meant $30, before upgrades.
>>
>>64002980
This art reminds me of that Gosling meme
>>
Wasn't there some card that did 7 damage to both players sometime in the new set spoilers?
>>
>>64004884
I think it was fake
>>
The fact that they're releasing the challenger decks so close to rotation sorta sucks.
>>
>>64004826
Yeah, dunno how that extra 0 got in there

Izzet Drakes will probably be printed though, very dominant and WotC won't take a big hit in Ravnica sales because they're cheap
>>
>>64005026
Did they announce decklists or at least what the decks will be themed around?
>>
>>64003829

I’ve noticed that they choose the token based on which card created it. For example, there are st least three different treasure tokens for each of the cards that creates treasure. I had an Izzet/Jeskai control mirror where all three were on the board: Sailor of Means, Pirates’s Pillage and Treasure Map.
>>
>>64005068
Not him but I still want to be able to choose.
>>
Is it just me but does this set look very underwhelming in both a gameplay and financial standing?

I have a feeling this will be one of the worst sets in a while after release. Dragon-maze tier
>>
>>64005256
They're printing so much control hate there's no way it flops.
>>
>>64005256
It's not as bad as Dragon's Maze but it really is uninteresting. I might get a fatpack for some excitement but otherwise I'm not even motivated to play draft with this.
>>
>>64005026
Well that's always been the main criticism of them but you have to admit half a year lifespan of a meta deck for pocket change with the potential to win packs in LGS tournies is a great investment even if you're a casualfag collector like me who couldn't afford to buy $50 Kaladesh Chandras when she was meta

Plus it's not like your cards become worthless after rotation comes anyway, you can still play it in Modern, or individual pieces of it in Commander, these are also great for kitchen tablers
>>
>>64005256
This >>64005265
A lot of people like fast games and this set has so much shit for burning the opponent down to nothing at Modern speed or playing big stompy hexproof guys that force the concede. It's going to do decently well. That said the cards are underwhelming and the EV looks low.
>>
>>64005256
Shocklands will probably be the only money cards here unless the War of the Spark set changes everything, but judging by how it's a Ravnica set "without the guilds" Allegiance isn't worth any long-term investments since there's no guild support methinks

Oh well, you know how Wizards goes, 1 step forward (UMA reprints), 5 steps back (this set)
>>
>>64005354
UMA was standing place because they decided to make that shit 250 dollars a box (300+ MSRP). I don't care if it dropped the price of some staples, it was still too much and really insulting. They jacked the price up for some SHITTY reprint sets then after nosediving the reputation of Masters sets put out the set people wanted years ago but jack the price AGAIN.
10 dollar shocks was the best thing they've done in recent years but Allegiance and the upcoming War of the Spark (AKA Planeswalkers: Infinity War) are missteps.
>>
>play 20 lands
>get 3 no land hands in a row
>play 21 lands
>get flooded
>>
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rb-budget-aristocrat-copy/?cb=1547276952
rate my dick
>>
File: hod.jpg (133 KB, 1199x904)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
For those of you who were around at the time, how good/bad was Amonkhet/Hour of Devastation?
>>
>>64005612
Unfocused and inefficient, really.
>>
>>64005646

>Jackel Mom Wins

It fucking sucked
>>
>>64005646
You cannot imagine the anger it created if someone pulled Hazoret/Rhonas in Amonkangz or any of the bug gods in HoD.
>>
>>63999284
Holy shit, LRR is still a thing?
>>
>>64004605
The welcome events are generally pretty accessible. Worst comes to worst you find out you love the game and become hopelessly addicted to cardstock
>>
>>64005747
Thanks. I guess I'll go then.
I already love the game. Even playing against control.
>>
File: 1535399345343.gif (565 KB, 500x356)
565 KB
565 KB GIF
>>64005646
God I miss flicking my dick to Jackal Mom, she'll have a place in my heart forever.
>>
>>64005688
The Gods where THE cards in the block right? The power level of those cards seems completely dis-proportioned to the rest of the cards (sans Neheb and Bolas walker, which i guess was the point.
>>
Playing Carny T in Golgari should be illegal
Get your own curve topper you faggots you have so many good ones like molderhulk and hatchery spider you don't need my timmy tech
>>
>>64005858
You basically lost the second they hit the field.
>>
>>64005903
Molderhulk is only good because it can be looped. With exile removal being common and it having no evasion it just gets chumped out and banished. Hatchery Spider has the same problem. It has a fat ass but gets removed like anything else and chumped for days.
Carny T is run because the card is just stupidly good, though Golgari also does well running Doom Whisperer, which is better in the mirror
>>
>>64000812
Explain.
>>
>>64005903
Yeah. Moldeholk is a good JOKE.
>>
How's rakdos looking for limited? Seems like there's some decent stuff in there, with a fair amount of common enablers for spectacle.
>>
>>64005903
>molderhulk, hatchery
>good
Hulk is acceptable in some instances but hatchery spider is just way too expensive to be really useful.
Sometimes she works out but thats really not the norm.
>>
hello im new to magic. whats the difference between commander standard, modern and cube formats?
>>
>>64007225
Three of them are irredeemably trash and one is just okay
>>
>>64007225
Not sure if you're joking, but a search would give you this as the first result.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/formats
>>
So is it Mardu or Abzan Aristocrats?
>>
>>64007270
>Likes Cube
>Doesn't like EDH
>>
>>64007355
Neither, sadly. WotC fucked us yet again.
>>
File: 636821772649243933.jpg (32 KB, 265x370)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>design a red card
>print it with a white mana cost
epic
>>
>>64003940
They did try to make them 100% evil (and more eurotrash since they shoved a lot of frou frou french shit on their formerly iberic flavor) with Vivien's stories. It's just that their hands are so full of ham they ended up making her look like an hysteric psycho and the evil vampires felt like victims in turn.
>>
>>64007476
>Laughs in Snapcaster
That's life in red
>>
>>64007491
>>64003940
They made them white and European, they didn't think they needed more to show them to be totally evil.
>>
>>64007476
This card is white, it's a spin on Land Tax.
>>
>>64007500
Snapcaster is at least not a strict colorbreak in blue, and blue isn't the biggest pie stealer(that goes to green).
>>
>>64006399
Read the thread
>>
>>64007509
>>64007491

What do you mean? One of the only, utterly unambiguously good people in the entire thing was the saint of the Legion. Every faction had a lot of assholes in it but Legion didn't get it any worse than anyone else.
>>
>>64007513
>Mana denial
Primary in red, secondary in white.
>Draw punishment
Primary is red, tertiary in white.
>Treasure tokens
Primary in red, secondary in black, tertiary in blue, not in white at all.
>>
>>64003900

Well, the Vampires were also the only faction that couldn't win fluff-wise (As the focus of their goal needed to be taken to set up the current Ravnica arc/what they were actually seeking never existed).
>>
>>64007533
WotC is so woke that they thought making them an analogue for white colonizers would automatically make people hate them.
>but they had ONE (1) good guy!
Uh-huh.
>>
>>64007534
Tax effects are white, they used to be in blue as well but in recent years they are an exclusively white effect.
>>Treasure tokens
>Primary in red, secondary in black, tertiary in blue, not in white at all.
Ravnica is not Ixalan, treasure tokens don't have any inherent color affinity.
>>
>>64007548
>Uh-huh.

I didn't say they had one good guy. I said they had the only unambiguous good guy in the entire set. Even the nicer characters from other factions were grubby in one way or another. The Vampire Saint? 100% good and pure.
>>
>>64007559
The saint is also the ONLY good guy on the vampire side. Meanwhile the other factions all had multiple heroic types.
>>
>>64007556
Taxing is not an effect that lets white override its normal limitations, and taxing tied to punishment is not the same as something like Ghostly Prison. Kazuul is a red card.
>Ravnica is not Ixalan, treasure tokens don't have any inherent color affinity.
Burst mana is hard in red's color pie.
>>
>>64007286
so most are just different banlists?
>>
>>64007567

Mavren Fein and Saint Elenda were both good people. Vona was the vampire asshole.
>>
>>64007598
>Mavren Fein
Here's the thing: He's not MEANT to be considered a good guy. He's a religious fanatic, WotC undoubtedly considered him a villain.
>>
>>64007594
Essentially yes. Standrad is the "rotating" format, where the cards you can use change every year, while the others are "eternal" formats, where every card that has ever been printed (more or less) is legal and will remain legal. Commander is a special case, it's a casual "kitchen table" format that has it's own peculiar rules, if you're looking to get into magic DON'T start with Commander, start with limited (draft) at your LFGS. Or just download Arena.
>>
>>64007611

>Here's the thing: He's not MEANT to be considered a good guy. He's a religious fanatic, WotC undoubtedly considered him a villain.

How do you get that? He's one of Elenda's first disciples, he's very fervent in the idea that being a vampire is a sacrafice and he's the one who punishes Vona when Vona declares Elenda a false prophet for saying that you shouldn't eat everyone you don't like. Like, they literally never write him as doing anything more evil than throwing a guy actively trying to kill him off a ledge or destroying the navigational tools that he owned in a blood-starved fit.

At this point you're seemingly jumping at shadows to make WOTC seem to attempted to write the faction as less morally grey than they did.
>>
>>64007640
>vampires
>all white
>based on EVILDUMB european colonizers
>most of their leaders are FUCKING WHITE MAKES
>pirates
>mostly virtuous people of color
>ALL their leaders are women
It's staggeringly clear who WotC expected you to side with.
>>
>>64007681
I really really wanted to like the pirates but outside of a handful of cards the art really missed the mark.
>>
>>64007692
They tried to make them good guys, it was bizarre. I just wanted evil raping and murdering pirates, but instead WotC gave me brave wamen and freedom fighters.
>>
>>64007681
>ALL their leaders are women

The Admiral of the Dire Fleet was a man. Captain Brandis Thorn. The Pirates had a heap of asshole cards too.

>most of their leaders are FUCKING WHITE MAKES

...two women (Elenda and Vona) and one male (Mavren Fein).

This isn't using evidence to create a conclusion, you've got a conclusion and you're making up evidence to try and support it.
>>
>>64007699
>I just wanted evil raping and murdering pirates

Did you miss the entire Dire Fleet? The pirates were far from good guys.
>>
>>64007709
Characters that don't get cards are irrelevant, I don't read their cringey shitty """fiction""".
>>
>>64007724

Brandis Thorn turned in the flavor text for several cards, including Walk the Plank

>When Captain Thorn adds a new ship to his fleet, he gives the crew a simple choice: follow me, or fall in the sea.

So what are you basing all your conclusions on if you're not reading the fiction or paying attention to the cards?
>>
I want to abuse the new elf to make a deck with a shitton of mana, but what should be the winning condition?
I was thinking March of the multitudes, fast Carnage T. or dumping all the mana in the new ooze. Or should I go Bant and make March+Arcane Adaptation+mill rats?

>>64007491
Wait, Vivian Reid is not a villain?
>>
>>64007755
>brown woman
>villain
Oh Anon...
>>
>>64007755
why bother with shit that can get countered banefire or bust
>>
File: en_zHZgUqz9RO.png (183 KB, 265x370)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
lmao they made a shitty uncommon version of steel leaf champion kekkk
>>
>>64007762
I can always hope for some ray of intelligence shining on them. Well, the writing of that piece was really terrible, so I guess it's not a surprise the message passed was completely wrong

>>64007771
I wanted to do a more Selesnya approach.
But I guess Gruul, especially with Rhythm of the Wild and Domri can explode much easier
>>
File: 1540417150321.gif (2.01 MB, 500x500)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB GIF
going to my lgs' open house today and worried about a couple things

1.) is anyone even gonna show up? I heard stories of some lgs having only 1-2 people show up, that would be awkward

2.) do I bring any decks of my own or are the welcome decks the only thing being played? I made a mono green standard deck but now wondering if I will even get to use it at some point since my lgs' only standard weekly event seems to be draft...
>>
>>64006533
>opponent kills my molderhulk three times before he realizes it's just gonna keep coming back
He's a good boy.
>>
>>64001761
Vampires are garbage anyway.
>>
>>64008057
The only people who go to my LGS's open houses are friends of regulars so the regulars can get free shit.
>>
File: yg1NWPm[1].png (1.73 MB, 1664x936)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
So I finally got mythic in rdw mirrors. Can I finally start playing meme decks or can you still lose that rank?
>>
why do people play tier 1 decks in free play? like what is even the point of beating up on people playing tier 2 and 3 decks for fun?
>>
>>64008313
Post decklist cutie.
>>
>>64008403
[The same fucking tired RDW you see all the time]

There you go.
>>
>>64008429
Hue.
>>64008403
I took a regular rdw list from mtggoldfish and modified it a bit because I didn't have kilns or whirlwinders.

3 Fanatical Firebrand (RIX) 101
4 Ghitu Lavarunner (DAR) 127
1 Goblin Chainwhirler (DAR) 129
4 Legion Warboss (GRN) 109
3 Banefire (M19) 130
4 Lightning Strike (XLN) 149
2 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Wizard's Lightning (DAR) 152
3 Experimental Frenzy (GRN) 99
3 The Flame of Keld (DAR) 123
21 Mountain (XLN) 273
4 Viashino Pyromancer (M19) 166
>>
File: 1544253056322.jpg (41 KB, 245x239)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>64003900
>>64001884
>>64001761
This shouldn't surprise you. You should never, ever hold community polls to determine endings because people want to be edgy and/or creative and/or a pain in the ass so they will always vote for that one faction you cannot let win. Alternatively, they'll vote for some fanfic tier ultra happy ending.

Prove me wrong. Tell me right now how you could have the vampires undeniably win without fucking up the overarching story?
>>
>>63998328
Hey guys there are some really great formats that don't involve rotation you should check them out!
>>
File: YMnNXNz[1].jpg (174 KB, 1664x936)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>64008555
>>64008313
Also I lost just now and this is the result I got. What does that percentage mean?
>>
>>64007737
>So what are you basing all your conclusions on if you're not reading the fiction or paying attention to the cards?

Rekt
>>
>>64008608
It's one of the many planes that don't matter in the long run.

The way I would've ended it is that one vampire chick not getting eaten. Vampire faction was much more morally complex and grey compared to muh natives who only had "muh nature muh seclusion" going on for them. One of the key features to improve yourself is to explore and learn about others. Sometimes you need to destroy what you see, sometimes you synthesize what you learn into your own culture. But it doesn't matter because we're never going back to ixalan again, just like we're not going back to lorwyn or any other B plot planes. The only over arching story element presented in it was Immortal Sun.

Why do you even give everyone illusion of choice if you already have some ending written anyways?
>>
>>64008691
I don't need to read the fiction or know the lore to see the obvious. There's too many black and female characters for wotc to be based, hence they are sjw.
>>
>>64008713
I guess you've given up retorting and admit defeat
>>
>>64002105
are any Planeswalkers likable?

(i quite like Arlinn Kord)
>>
>>64008852
Sorin was alright before he got into childish bickering with his waifu. Now all of the relevant ones are either cardboard cut outs or checkboxes.

Rest in piece, Garruk.
>>
>>64008852
If you judge appeal by how hot it would be to slide your dick between their breasts, then both Liliana and Garruk are objectively great.
>>
>>63999845
>mono vs gold card
Arrest is like Luminous Bonds for limited. Lawmage's Binding is Azorius so harder to splash. If it finds use in constructed, it will be confined to certain shards.
>>
>>64007890
>I take "What is Limited?" for 500 Jerry
Just because you play standard doesn't mean you should ignore all other formats.
>>
So I'm an old player who's only recently getting back into MtG. I've got a question: what are the Players, in universe lore, considered??

I always thought we were basically planeswalkers, but now there are planeswalker cards, so... what are we??
>>
>>64009096
>I always thought we were basically planeswalkers, but now there are planeswalker cards, so... what are we??
Still Planeswalkers
The planeswalker cards are planeswalkers we met during our travels, that we can call for help
>>
>>64008383
why are you playing tier 2 and tier 3 in free play? like what is the point of beating up on people playing brews for fun?
>>
>>64008852
Karn, Sarkhan, Narset, Ugin, Sorin, Vraska
>>
>>64007890
thats a great draft pick, anon.
>>
>>64008654
>>64008654
no idea but Karn is disappointed in you
>>
>every control player I fight takes a full minute to make moves I can see 2 turns ahead
>>
>>63998328
I don't know what it is, but somehow GRN and RNA feel pretty fucking boring. Wish we could get back to Theros or some kind of nordic (mythological) realm.
>>
R/G Checklands are still relatively low value ~$3.25. Get em now before they spike!

https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/ixalan/rootbound-crag
>>
>>64009795
MaRo played it super safe with these 2 sets. War of the Spark should be more open to new designs especially since the new planeswalker rules change, but it's planeswalkers: the set so rakdos vs. the world.
>>
>>64009795
I'd say return to Lorwyn/Shadomoor if we're doing more nostalgic treks.
>>
>>64009849
Wasn't Lorwyn/Shadowmoor a place most normies didn't like because it was too gay and fantasy for them, and had no humans? They also printed very little of it and it only became popular retroactively for some commander/modern shit.
I don't think we're ever going back.
>>
>>64009875
>I don't think we're ever going back.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/rabiah-scale-part-1-2018-11-12
>Rabiah Scale Rating: 7
>Lorwyn has a bunch of challenges to overcome for a return. The best thing it has going for it is that the concept of a plane that shifts between two states is fruitful material for storytelling. Also, it's possible that as Magic has grown and gotten a broader audience, the "softness" that caused much of the negativity the first time around might have more of an audience.
yea, it sounds like a big no for multiple reasons.

It'd be interesting if they would try and make a new plane with similar creative design (e.g. big fey setting, minimal/no-humans)
>>
File: DSC_1348.jpg (3.21 MB, 3840x2160)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
I just won my first ever draft last night with probably the best luck I'll ever have. Six of my picks were gates. Took conclave tribunal as my promo.
>Mfw I'm legitimately proud of myself for the first time in years
>Mfw my gf is openly confused why I'm so happy
Rate my deck, pic related
>>
>>64010142
>boros
>>
>>64010142
Did you pull 2 Aurelia? If you didnt win you would be retarded man
>>
>>64010200
Pack 1 had Aurelia
Pack 2 had experimental frenzy and the first pass gave me Legion warboss
Pack 3 had foil Aurelia
The final match of round 2 was tough as hell, we were both on 1 life and top decking, he had killed both my Aurelias and my warboss, he had had a gorgon on the field, I had nothing. Drew direct current for the win
>>
>>64010166
It's Naya
>>
>>64000283
Of you just wanna draft arena is better for this. You save a good chunk on travel costs alone.
>>
>>64010120
The thing they don’t mention is that going back to Lorwyn after scrapping Tribal as a supertype would be weird.
>>
does someone have this art of reliquarytower but in abetter resolution and size? i cant find it
>>
>>64010579
>go to scryfall
>search reliquary tower
https://scryfall.com/card/f13/2/reliquary-tower
>view all prints
>see which one you're looking for
>note the artist
>it's drew baker
>type "drew baker reliquary tower" into the google
next time you do it yourself
>>
>>64010619
mate i didnt know that page even existed. no need to get pissy. thanks tho.
>>
>>64010674
being pissy? english is not my first language.
teach a man to fish.
>>
If I have a create that can sacrifice itself, and I have another permanent that has an activated ability that involves sacrificing a creature... can I sac the creature and get both the effect from the creature and the other permanent's ability?
>>
>>64010120
Cool article, thanks anon. I'd like to think the aesthetic would be embraced more these days. Especially as the audience becomes less edgy, more feminine.

Mechanics need improvement, but that's doable. You may be right in simply going with a new, similar universe.
>>
Can I use Sudden Disappearance to regain control of a creature my opponent used Mind Control on?
>>
>>64010729
Nope, has to be one or the other. It can get a bit broken if it were like how you discribed
>>
>>64010741
Constantly doing "new, similar universes" is shitty though. Like look at Battlebond. What was the point of that when the Unstable plane already exists, and is better? And came out not even a year before? Just use that. WotC needs to do better with what they have. Part of the reason people like Ravnica is that it was very well developed. You can't just shit out 10 million planes, each one poorly developed.
Also all the vocal sois that WotC caters to are a minority. In the end those people don't buy cards and don't play Magic. They are serial whiners. The majority of players are kitchen table normies who would still think Lorwyn looks goofy and be turned off by it. That's why so many people made fun of Battlebond which ended up not selling very well even though it was Commander Masters
>>
>>64010785
Yes since you own it
>>
>>64010785
Once the card leaves the field, going to your hand or graveyard, it loses all cards attached to it, be them enchantments, +/- counters and equipment.
Cards sent to exile from the battlefield keep their buffs though
>>
>>64010795
thanks, I was pretty sure, as it'd be paying for two things with the same coin
>>
If I or my opponent plays Banefire for 5 and I copy it with Expansion, does it deal 5 damage and become uncounterable or does it deal 1 damage? I ask since when Expansion copies kicked spells it copies the Kicker effects so I'm wondering if it copies the effect exactly or what.
>>
>>64010819
Really? Exiled things keep enchantments and such?
>>
>>64010945
no unless they have flickerform attached
>>
>>64010930
It copies banefire as X=5 if banefire is over 5 its uncounterable. Its the same logic as copying a surged fall of the titans. If they surged at 5 mana its x is 10 and you copy the spell at x=10.
>>
>>63998328
anyone try to do a deck based around traxos scourge of kroog, voltaic servant, and elaborate fire cannon?
was thinking about making a deck with teferi, timebender, and the antiquetes war, and phyrexian scripture saga's around them
>>
>>64011019
Antiquities War is cool and people have made decks around it but it's a total meme. A fun meme where you can have 50 power on the board easily on curve but a lot of things can go wrong, like getting your shit Settled.
>>
>>64011011
Thanks, I figured but wanted to make sure.
>>
>>64011086
oof, you're right that's a big flaw in it, I was thinking about throwing some golden guardians in as insurance, so no matter what i had some 4/4 golems to go long with
>>
>>64010930
Expansion is capped at 4CMC so it can only target a Banefire at 3 or less damage.
>>
>>64010200
>destroy target creature
Eh nothing personnel kiddo
>>
File: Capture21.png (13 KB, 234x72)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Are you ficking kidding me, I cant even open this piece of shit right now.
Ive tried 4 times.
>>
>>64010796
There's a way to do a fey environment and make it surreal and creepy. Doesn't have to be Lisa Frank unicorn shit.
>>
>>64011548
Yeah it was called Shadowmoor
>>
>>64010930
>>64011011
It doesn't copy the banefire because Expansion only works on 4CMC and below.
>>
>>64011548
>>64011583
they could probably staple something onto Innistrad, horror-fey
>>
>>64004853
Based, I knew it reminded me of something
>>
I'm going to my first prerelease next week. Any tips? I'll probably get the Rakdos seeded booster (Hoping to get the new Demon with spectacle).
What are you going to pick?
>>
>>64002980
>5 life
Fuck. Suicide black is my favourite archetype, but even I can't like this.
>>
>>64011929
Still kinda good in EDH i guess. And probably the plan in standard should be sacrificing a creature with afterlife (And maybe fuel Divine Visitation in the meanwhile to get a 4/4 out of a dork).
Also i'd gladly pay five life to get rid of a crackling drake asap but im a scrub
>>
>>64008852
gurk
>>
>>64011923
Good luck!
I've played my first prerelease at the last event, so I'm pretty new as well.
Best is to just have fun with it and don't focus too much on winning.

One thing I saw some guys do is if your other boosters end up sucking, you can still shift to another guild.
So if Rakdos doesn't work in your favor, you can lean towards Gruul or make a sideboard with that.
It makes sense now, but I was focussing too much on the guilds.

I wanted to go with Orzhov but am leaning more towards Gruul now.
>>
>>64012143
Thank you, good luck to you to if you are going to.
And yeah, i'll surely switch guild if i cant find anything decent in my boosters. Would be a little sad though. Hate this seeded booster thing, seems against the whole point of doing a sealed event knowing for a fact that one of your boosters will be in a certain color. If you're lucky your non seeded boosters are now much more valuable. If you aren't and have to switch to another guild you are down one pack.
>>
>>64011597
Oh yeah mb, I didnt remember the text for expansion beyond the part that is twincast because I've only cast explosion.
>>
>>64012411
>I've only cast explosion.
I feel bad for you. I've won so many games by copying my opponent's ebin lethal and getting ahead on the stack, or copying and countering the counterspell. It's easily one of the best five cards in GRN.
>>
>>64010142
two aurelias - what a pull!
>>
>opponent has used like 10 time outs

why is this not a game loss?
>>
>>64012569
get roped jeskai
>>
>>64012582
i'm playing thousand year storm anon.
>>
>>64012594
get roped izzet
>>
I really dont get why my opponent is wasting both of our time with this.
im just alt tabbed waiting for the arena audio que so i can do my thing fast then get back to browsing till he decides to so something.
>>
>literally all of my threats are hiding in the bottom 15 cards of my deck
What a fat load of bullshit.
>>
>>64012680
I feel your pain.
The timeout system as it works now is just due to laziness and ineptitude. They can't figure out how to just have the timer subtly increase proportionately with things on the stack, so they do a dumb timeout system that is taken advantage of by butthurt shitters and doesn't actually do anything to prevent you from losing when you run out of time for your Thousand Year Storm combo.
>>
Do you look at your deck after you lose to see if you could have won if you had dug a little deeper/where the cards that would have won it for you ended up being, or do you just try not to think about it?
>>
File: glassoftheguildpact.jpg (51 KB, 265x370)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
I feel like this card singlehandedly makes the WB Afterlife deck work. There aren't enough good pieces for a pure aristocrats deck, but as a hybrid sacrifice/tokens deck, it could be good
>>
>>64012737
>all my threats are 4x
>never see one
>always draw my lone singleton card
>>
>>64009875
Tribal is retardedly popular and people loved Shadowmoor. The real wall to Lorwyn's return is MaRo hating wypipo culture.
>>
>>64002980
I'm impressed at the variety of card designs. The guild mechanics are bad, but the card designs are pretty good and the general draft format makes up where the keywords fail (Azorius gets tons of flash cards to complement Addendum, etc). Lots of good janky buildaround cards for the Johnny players. I'd love to brew with shit like Captive Audience, Font of Agonies, and High Alert if I had the time.

A huge improvement over GRN.
>>
The shuffler is a fucking joke.
>>
>commons selling for almost a dollar on pre-orders
Who the hell is buying this shit lmao, it'll be 3 cents in a week or two
>>
>>64013308
Retards.
Reminder that Ass Trophy was preselling at nearly 40 dollars. The only thing you ever want to preorder are 2 dollar or under rares since those either hold or increase in value.
See: Risk Factor
>>
>>64013308
I'm going to take a wild guess...it's Persistent Petitioners and nothing else at that price, right?

Unlimited copy commons always go for more because unsurprisingly there's higher demand.
>>
>>64013339
>new gate land selling for under 1 dollar
Bet that will go up
>>
A lot of aristocrats cards are selling dirt cheap because gruul seems real braindead. I'm going to max out on all the rares while they're fireselling them because a decent shell might emerge later on.
>>
>>63998362
Lol it has tits
>>
>>63998995

Her arms are behind her back.
>>
>>63998995
this is my fetish
>>
>>64012906
>3/2 that dies into a 2/2 flyer

Holy shit you're right.

That sounds amazing
>>
>>64014114
sorry forgot pic
>>
>>64012520
It honestly look really good and one day I'll copy an arcane denial or something like that but explosioning for 23 to draw my fow to stop an infinite and start my own is all Ive used it for. Im a shitter and play boros in standard.
>>
>>64007699
There are no good guys in Ixalan
>>
>>64014282
Everyone who was against the vampires were the good guys
>>
>>64007762
Who is Kaya
>>
>>64014329
she killed the old white male patriarchy and freed the slaves
>>
>>64014282
The pirates were the descendants of slaves the vampires owned.
The merfolk were betrayed by azor by being "gifted" the immortal sun after the vamps didnt turn WU, causing the vamps to attack them to try to get back their divine charge.
The dino tribals were treated as hostile fodder and their dinos were enslaved as novelties.
The vampires were betrayed by azor but they became evil after a literal god told them to kill anyone who stole their magic sheckle he gave them and they went on a divine crusade to get it back, going so far as to change their entire culture to get it back. Also all their immortal elders who were supposed to keep order abandoned them or died. They're the evil ones though.
>>
>>64014353
Just so she can kill them herself
Not racist if the nigger's the one doing the lynching lol
>>
What did the Immortal Sun even do in the lore anyway? Did it cure vampirism or what? Why did they want it so bad?
>>
>>64014675
it traps plainswalkers on the plain its on when its active
>>
>>64014135
>oligarch
>woman
lol
They're literally power phantasizing. Pathetic.
>>
>>64014675
Ugin and Azor wanted to use it as a trap to tie Bolas down to Ixalan but it backfired so Vraska becomes a double agent with Jace's help and gives it to Bolas for his evil scheme we don't know about yet
>>
>>64014741
>>64014754
That's it? It doesn't give vampires invincibility or whatever?
>>
Azor did nothing wrong
>>
File: Image.png (125 KB, 223x311)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>Doing Momir's Madness because why the fuck not
>Get Multani Turn 6 and this cheeky fucker on Turn 7

Opponent managed to get a lot of beefy guys out but not enough to stop a 37/37 Trampler.
>>
>>64014675
It removes a walkers ability to walk and empowers those who control it that arent walkers. The empowerment is the +1/+1, card draw and cost reduction and the no walker shit should be obvious.
>>
>>63998328
Is standard pauper a supported format at lgs's or is a big mtg arena meme
>>
>>64015002
Depends on the store, it varies from place to place.
>>
>>64015002
Nobody likes Standard Pauper.
>>
>>63998328
>no instant speed spectacle
>only two shitty cards that remove +1/+1 counters so you can adapt more than once
>>
>>64014282
Dinos are good guys.
>>
>>64008696
THe sun empire are a bunch of bloody imperialists riding dinosaurs, which is why I love them.
>>
>>64015315
>bloody imperialists
if only
>>
>>64014777
no its just a super powerfull tool for when you wanna kill plainswalkers
>>
>>64014883
My best game of Momir involved hitting Wayward Swordtooth as my 3 drop. After that I was so far ahead on curve there was no catching up.
>>
>>64014751
how can a female not be an oligarch?? Suchergebnisse
Hervorgehobenes Snippet aus dem Web
An oligarchy is a small group of people who control and run a particular country or organization.

there is nothing in an oligarchy that stops a woman from beeing part of it unless its a speciffically patriarchaical oligarchy
>>
>>64015440
ignore the "suchergebnisse" i copied that from the definition of oligarchy by accident
>>
>>64015394
They are though, now they have the Golden City they are coming for the Vamps. It's why Huatli turned 360 degrees and planeswalked away.
>>
>>64015394
Did you not read the cards? They literally are. People read too much into the conquistador aesthetic—the Sun Empire was very much a match for the Legion, just as ambitious, just as hungry for power. The real native analog was the fishmen.
>>
>>64015440
>me woman, me can do important things too >:(
>>
>>64007513
It's a spin on Rhystic Study. How did you get Land Tax out of that?
>>
>>64015624
The fact that you’re upset at the portrayal of a woman in power tells me WOTC are annoying the right people.
>>
>>64015664
>me woman, men bad! >:(
>>
>>64015407

My favorite was when a person got Demonlord Belzenok on a game they were clearly going to win. Just watching their deck get slurped up was great.
>>
>>64015765
Nothing stinks so bad as hitting the Belzenlottery.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I Thought there was going to be a table top MTG RPG a while ago...?
>>
Still worth saving Arena gems and gold for the new set, or is it shit?
>>
>>64016375
yeah save up
>>
People who slowroll turn 1 opts go to the lowest circle of hell, especially ones who take a whole 15 seconds to pass the turn then wait for your end step to cast it
>>
>>64015619
I mean irl the Aztecs were just as powerhungry and violent (moreso even) than the Spanish.
>>
>>64000737
I think Orzhov is probably playable by virtue of the BW kill spell, but it's not great. There are some really punishing cards in the set for the Orzhov 1/1 spirits too, feels bad.

I would have gone Orzhov at the prerelease but will prob go Rakdos now. Gruul is just boring, I don't care if it's good.
>>
>>64014329
>>64014654
Gideon's new Gatewatch recruit as seen in the novel's cover.
She's not gonna be a villain or even morally reprehensible in any way, don't be dumb.
>>
>opponent slams birthing pod on a stick
>I don't have a lava coil
>he wins immediately
Not looking forward to it bros
>>
>>64011128
Wouldn’t Banefire still be CMC 1 since X is considered 0 for CMC?
>>
>>64017195
>orzhov is my favorite guild
>gonna go with them at prerelease
>terrible in limites
>only 6 options for promos
>barely any good edh cards either

Life is suffering
>>
>>64017497
Banefire for 5 on the stack is CMC 6. Banefire not on the stack is CMC 1.
>>
So is it Mardu or Abzan Aristocrats guys?
>>
>>64017608
Abzan Saporlings with Teysa and Mortify.
>>
>>64017608
Aristocrats ain't happening. There's no good sac outlets and not enough payoff.
>>
>>63998362
aww yisss viashino dagger throwing dude who is actually useful
>>
netdecking
>>
>>64017955
>is actually useful
.....when?
>>
>>64018159
In limited, against Orzhov, the weakest of all guilds
>>
>>64017520
Woe :'(
>>
When the fuck will Teferi and this draw card deal damage faggot dragon be dead
>>
File: 1544978434109.jpg (64 KB, 368x356)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>63998995
Boob edit guy, your people need you.
>>
>>64018874
Gruul have 2 mana instant fight a PW
So soon
>>
>>64018874
Like a week before rakdos burn gets thoughtsiezes and hits a critical mass of cheap burn spells
its gonna be great
>>
>>64019238
People hate losing to burn as much as they hate losing to control because it's the same amount of "I can't do nothing"
People will be extremely sick of noninteractive damage flying at their face 3 times every turn with Thoughtseize ripping shit straight out the hand and chained Risk Factors
>>
>>64013054
This. The irrational hatred WotC feels towards its most loyal customers is appalling
>>
>>64019276
Yeah but at least you can race burn or just pre-sideboard against it with any lifegain whatsoever
Surely it's preferable to getting turn 4 teferi'd and turn 5 niv'd
>>
>>64019331
The only benefit of fighting burn is that at least you lose fast. Otherwise it's on the same level of noninteractable cancer.
>>
>>64019389
You can also win fast because they're often putting up no resistance at all, and if they are they're wasting points of burn going somewhere that isn't the face.
>>
>>64019420
It's going to be harder when they have stuff like Judith that enables favorable trades, easy pings, and Spectacle triggers, that 1 mana 2 toughness goblin that is able to chump above its own weight, Viashino Pyromancer that is a Shock on a body, Balanced Goblin of Whirls that enables Spectacle and leaves a primo blocker, and whatever else they have going on. The forgotten Vicious Conquistador is a 1drop that has 1/2 which is already good at that slot and then it's semi-unblockable because it deals 1 damage each time it attacks too. I can see that being run.
They will have a lot of options to chip at you, outracing you, while leaving enough bodies to chump, and then everything will chump above its weight with Judith and hurt you for killing it.
>>
>>64018874
Gruul burn will be the end of us all.
Screen cap this
>>
>>64019331
Are you ready for the healers hawk meta
>>
>>64019529
>t2 shockseize
nothin personnel.... burd
>>
>>64019554
>Militia bugiler into another healers hawk on turn 3 so i can concede on turn 4 when you 1 mana lighting bolt me twice
>>
>>63998995
This art is terrible and confusing as fuck. I have no idea what's going on.

>"levitating" head
>head at weird angle to body
>huge fat azorious fingers
>rakdos captive's body is a literal shapeless blob of flesh

Worst art of the set here.
>>
>>64019698
The problem is that the proportions are either weird or the angle is weird so it looks like she has a giant body or tiny head. Look at her shoulder, it's like the head of a woman on the body of some male bodybuilder. The light bonds holding her are way too bright to the point where it makes it hard to see what's going on, should have toned down the effect and made them thinner but I feel like they're bright and thick to cover up her sexy costume.
The pose of it with two Azorius guys flanking her is hilarious anyway, looks like some Ravnican equivalent to those BLACKED pornos.
>>
>Bugler grabs GCG, Trostani, Ooze Lord, Knight of Autumn and Hydroid Krasis

Lmao time for BantBugles
>>
Considering playing Bant Teferi Mill..
Too degenerate?
>>
>>64019927
It's funny how Bugler is basically unplayed in Standard but is a staple of Modern humans now
>>
File: dst-91-aether-vial.jpg (221 KB, 672x936)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>64020113
No joke this card is the hero we need in Standard to actually route these Tefaggots out of this format.
>>
>>64020138
>Uncounterable instant speed Chupacabra
Call the police
>>
>>64020138
>>
>>64020208
This enchantment is way too good.
Just makes everything you have into Carnage Tyrant with a buff or haste on ETB. For 1RG. It should cost 2RG.
>>
>>64020230
>t1 elf
>t2 rhythm
>t3 two of pic related
Yeah, best card of the set imo. I'd love to try it in an elfball.
>>
>>64020296
Thing is I don't think it should be this good. This enchantment is like the Teferi of midrange.
>>
>>64020230
for 2RG it would be too slow and just eat a counter
giving teferi even a chance to retaliate would be a huge mistake
>>
>>64020662
Green can ramp into it and have it out on turn 2. t3 at 2RG. Which is already fast. Teferi decks will start running Quench or more Syncopate. At the same time it being 1RG makes it so fast it will overrun everything else.
It's too pushed and doesn't help against its biggest threat anyway.
>>
>>64020706
Not that guy but while it's clearly pushed for Constructed it's still a do-nothing enchantment in a format where more people are going to be running enchantment removal soon (and there's already a not-insignificant amount of mainboard enchantment hate out there). I think it'll be really good but not broken.
>>
>>64020746
I think dropping tempo for 1 turn to start shitting out uncounterable Steel Leaf Champs with haste is pretty worth it.
>>
one week until control dies so get it out of your systems now you pansies
glory to rakdos and spectacle
>>
>>64021639
I will just switch from Jeskai to Bant Turbofog
>>
>>64021639

>Control dying
>When Bant is getting "I never have to play on my turn: The Enchantment" and turbo ramp to Nexus on turn 4

As much as I hate to say it, it's only gonna get more obnoxious
>>
>>64021639
Have you seen the new mill support? I think that's going to be a big thing now
>>
>>64021903
Yeah they have that spell that counters and then makes you mill. And it's blue. So you mill some more with the other mill stuff already there.
Get ready for Bant Mill splashing red to cast the finishing move Expansion//Explosion and make you draw 20 cards.
>>
>>64021903
Mill got exactly enough tools to make it a tier 2 deck but no more. I think this is ideal and look forward to playing some of it.
>>
>>64021935
Not only that but the new Rat Colony blue creature that you can have as many copies of as you want in a deck and you can tap 4 of them to mill 12 of your opponent's cards
Shit has scary potential
>>
File: en_wKbONFtK92.png (150 KB, 265x370)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>64021978
>>
>>64021978
It'll be good when Standard Pauper rolls back around because no Ixalan's Binding.
>>
>>64021978
You don't even need it.
Counter-Mill, Patient Rebuilding + Chemister's, Asscanta, Teferi, Fogs, Explosion, Psychic Corrosion + Drowned Secrets so you will always have a mill spell to play on curve. You have Absorb and Revitalize which give you a hedge against burn and will double as mill spells.
I might actually play this.
>>
File: 1534647340557.png (188 KB, 265x370)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
I want to put my dick into her slimey jelly ooze body.
>>
What’s gonna happen to arena cards when their block rotates out? Are they just useless? Converted to wildcards? Beginning of Arena Modern?
>>
>>64022500
who cares lmoa just play paper
>>
>>64022500
>Beginning of Arena Modern.
Yes.
>>
File: 1511607608192.jpg (122 KB, 526x572)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Can Vraska, Relic Seeker be a decent win condition for Abzan control?
I really like what she brings to the table and am thinking about brewing something dumb with all the removal of white and black like Ixalan's bindings and novas and golden demises.
>>
>>64022995
She's a good walker and was the star of Golgari post-rotation before Vivien pushed her out.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.