[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

MVP Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Sidekicks
https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA_Sidekicks.pdf

>5e Trove
https://thetrove.net/Books/Dungeons%20&%20Dragons/D&D%205th%20Edition/

>5etools
https://5etools.com

>Stable releases
https://get.5e.tools/

>Resources
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous thread: >>63981137

Who's your favorite party member, /5eg/?
>>
Artificer fucking when?
>>
>>63985891
Liana, our wizard who is basically Hanako but with spellcasting
>>
>>63985891
Oh that's a tough call, of my players it's either the Rogue, a Tabaxi who's literally from a different plane of existence and trying to get home (my setting doesn't have Tabaxi but I liked his character enough to work with it) and is always eating weird stuff he shouldn't be or the Warlock who's an Undying warlock with the idea that he's a sane man in a world if crazy people and who fears death more than anything else.
>>
File: perception.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Friendly reminder that it's both RAW and RAI that you get to choose between your roll and your passive perception score every time you roll perception, because Crawford is an idiot.
>>
>>63985906
This is true, but when it's something that the rogue does on literally every single one of his turns, it's nice to streamline it a little bit.
>>
>>63985947
so it's like reliable talent kinda?
>>
>>63985955
like I said, it's technically against RAW but if it were at my table and it was abundantly clear that the spot was a valid hiding place then I would just let you go ahead.
>>
>>63985912
It does do something with any sane DM
but skulker sucks anyway.

>>63985914
Other feats have completely redundant lines.
Like grappler.
>>
>>63985928
Soon, I fucking hope soon.

And there better be more archetypes than Alchemist and Gunsmith.
>>
Tomorrow Night, anons. Tomorrow Night is the 11 b&n D&D promotion. Will it be a let down or will it be a vehicle for spilling secrets. I will report back to these threads, live if I must, with my findings.
>>
>>63986078
Have fun, anon. Maybe you'll meet a cute girl there and hit it off with her.
>>
>>63985980
I'm running a halfling and one of the things explicitly detailed on my character sheet is that I'm adventuring with a bunch of valid hiding places. Again, I realize that the DM is supposed to be the one taking the active role here in determining validity of hiding places, but it happens on literally every single turn.
>>
>>63985962
Yes, except it's hilariously stupid. Even more so when you realize that every skill has a passive score, and Crawford's logic of "it's passive therefore always on" mean that you can literally never roll below a 10 on the d20 when rolling for skill checks.
>>
>>63985937
>I've told him this time and time again. I baulked when the party with a druid with a passive perception of 20 got ambushed and instantly surrounded by hobgoblins in heavy armor, but he defended it with "it's what it says happens in the book here man."
>>
>>63985962
It's basically your AC against Stealth/hidden stuff.
>>
>>63986078
Have a shit time, anon. Maybe you'll meet an ugly girl there and she'll hit you.
>>
How should I handle a Battle on the Big Bridge situation? The scenario I had in mind is voidsent (something between aberrations and fiends) coming out of a haunted mansion and across the bridge, with a big fight at the end.
>>63985891
Probably either my Black Mage or Dark Knight. Don't tell them.
>>
>>63986123
The real question is why the stealth rules are spread over like 2-3 different sections of the player's handbook.
>>
>>63986100
I’m divorced, presently not looking, and get out quite enough thank you very much.

>>63986153
This guy gets it.
>>
File: a3827074917_10.jpg (304 KB, 1200x1200)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>63986078
Survive, anon. Maybe you'll meet an average-looking girl there and become colleagues.
>>
>>63986078
Good luck "Live Posting anon"
>>
>>63986182
They wanted the Shadowrun audience.
>>
If you're in the middle of a darkness spell, and you attack someone also in there, and neither of you can see, should you attack with disadvantage because you can't see your target, or should you attack normally because the advantage from them not seeing you cancels it out?

If you're in a cloud of darkness and your target isn't (or vice versa), and neither can see the other, does anything change?
>>
>>63986241
The second one

nope
>>
>>63986213
Hell yeah, professional workplace mutual respect.

>>63986220
...I’ll take it, but I won’t use it in the name field or trip it. Not tripping again, not until I finish things left unfinished on another board.

>>63986182
Poor planning followed by revision and adjustment to the gsme based on feedback from a wider populous than their initial NDA and open playtest pool during Next?
>>
>>63986241
It cancels out. While you cannot see currently, you can still hear just fine, and know where things were before the Darkness took effect. While your attack isn't accurate, your enemy can't see you swinging and act accordingly.

Unless you have a weapon that somehow makes a lot of noise as you charge up a swing.
>>
File: O545Bc0.jpg (96 KB, 771x807)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>tfw want to play as a sneaky Paladin
>know it's not viable
>>
>>63985928

Fucking seriously. The slow drip of eberron material is just painful.
>>
>>63986345
boost dex
wear breastplate or get MAM
get Expertise in Stealth however you want

profit?
>>
File: 1518994631316.jpg (22 KB, 320x320)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>63986345
It's totes viable, anon. Get 14 DEX and wear a breastplate.
>>
>>63986345
>it's not viable
It's not optimal. It's absolutely viable.
>>
>>63986345
seriously dex is more useful than strength by such a ridiculous degree you should be more than fine. possibly even twinkingly optimized.
>>
>>63985928
>>63986394
I feel for you, I really do. Except I don't. Eat shit Eberron fans, I told people this shit would happen when WGtE dropped in early access but nooOOOOooo, you faggots still went out and bought it like the retards you are.
>>
What are some effective ways of dealing with a stealth-heavy party? I've got a Rogue with Observant which makes all traps seemingly glow like beacons to him. I've toyed with unavoidable traps that must be bypassed in some fashion, but even then the party is usually pretty effective at disarming them with ease.

Right now, the only way I've made the party fear for their life is throwing some huge hard-hitting monsters at them; creatures who don't care about their spells or bonus actions and assault with impunity. But it also kind of feels like cheating doing that.
>>
>>63986510
Play into their strengths. Make a campaign with ridiculous locks and traps and set it in not!Alcatraz or, if interplanar shenanigans are more your style, Gehenna. This allows you to set ridiculously high DCs that even they have issues reaching.
>>
>>63986345
>I can't PAM
>therefore it's unviable
>>
>>63985928
Last July, they said so.
>>
>>63986495

Is this some kind of weird self-righteous masturbation fetish thing?

The WOTC publication process for eberron material has been slow and shitty. It's valid to point that out. I don't know why you're trying to jerk yourself off about some other crap.
>>
>>63986559
I think you mean two Christmases ago, they promised.
>>
>>63986345
Optimal is the word you seek, viable is different. It's more important to have fun than being optimal.
>Goblin, bonus action disengage/hide
>Skulker
>Squat Nimbleness
>Stealthy (UA feat)
>Medium Armor Master
>+2 DEX ASI
20 dex, no disadvantage on perception within 60ft of you anywhere but magical darkness, advantage to escape grapples, 35ft movement
NO HEATHEN SHALL BE ABLE TO HIDE OR ESCAPE FROM YOUR RIGHTEOUS FURY OF THE SMALL!
>>
>>63986510
Don't go out of your way to invalidate their choices. You can keep tossing in more obvious traps that still need to be disabled, or ones that reset so they're not as simple as throwing a rock at it from a distance.

Stealth-focused monsters might offer a change from the sorts that are also just big blindsight meatslabs.
>>
>>63986394
I just want Kieth to put his passion projects up on the DM’s Guild like he said he would once they’re finished. I desire his in depth exploration of the Planes of Eberron and his cresting journey beneath the waves in the otherwise virgin territory of Oceans of Eberron.
>>
>>63986510
introduce elements where speed is essential.
stealth requires you to be slow, only rangers can stealth at a normal pace.
if your party needs to make haste towards a location to either kill a baddie or save an NPC then stealth is not really an option in these scenarios.
>>
What's a really small balance change you would make? For instance, I'd change the Martial Adept feat so it gives you d6 superiority dice if you don't already have that feature. That way you can actually use both of the maneuvers it gives you.
>>
>>63985928
you'll take servo crafting and you'll fucking like it slag
>>
>>63986241
it cancels out, sight is not your only sense, you have spatial awareness aswell as other senses such as sound to help determine where a creature is in the darkness area.

the only thing it truly stops is that you cannot use features or cast spells that require a target you see, many spells will specifically ask you to target something you can see, if you lack blindsight, devil sight, tremor sense etc to "see" the creature in another way, then you cannot use such spells on creatures in an area of darkness.
>>
>>63986510
Dim light imposes a -5 penalty to Passive Perception. Observant merely offsets that penalty while stacking with Skulker. A Rogue with both those feats is very specialized.
>>
File: snugsmug.jpg (191 KB, 1680x943)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>63986561
>I don't know why you're trying to jerk yourself off about some other crap.

First of all, there's no "trying" about it.

Secondly, I find it hilarious that people actually bought an early access book for material that has been in "playtesting" for longer than the actual system. Everyone who still thinks there's an update coming learned nothing from revised ranger and should be laughed at.
They already have their money and all the newbies they could ask for to replace you, they don't need you anymore.

Now keep crying out for that Artificer that will never actually be released, you only serve as more fuel to the fire for the next time I'm right and people won't listen.
>>
>>63986633
Fighter hit die is increased to d12 to allow them t mathemabxitxally escape th e
>>
>>63986633
two weapon fighting doesnt eat your bonus action

dual wielding is so fucking garbage in 5e, even mearls most recent changes to the ranger had this as part of it's two-weapon fighting style, so he's coming around to the idea.
>>
>>63986670

Gotcha. You're a faggot who has nothing useful to contribute except to jerk yourself off at people who have nothing to do with what you're butthurt about.

Keep pushing that fist up your ass, I'm sure you'll get your whole arm in.
>>
>>63986542
>>63986598
>>63986608
>>63986666

Thanks for the advice, anons. It's given me some ideas for how to structure the pirate fortress they will eventually need to infiltrate.
>>
>>63986706
RIP anon
>>
I want to run CoS and would like to restrict player races for a more classical Gothic fantasy setting. Any ideas/reflavorings for more races so it's not just like, 4 races? Or more Variant humans?
>>
>>63986709
>two weapon fighting doesnt eat your bonus action
that seems like a big change not a small one
>>
>>63986740
Unironically the Planeshift: Innistrad shit.
>>
>>63986740
i dont think players are going to have much issue with being forced into human, dwarf or elf/half-elf.

just explain that the setting lends itself well to the more grounded races, as opposed to all the high fantasy stuff.
>>
>>63986706
did you have a stroke

>>63986709
You're right. Scrambling to use your bonus action for attacks that are broken at first level and later become worthless because they don't scale at all while other things compete for your bonus action is fucking dumb.

Here's another one. Daggers, sickles, and light hammers should be so light that they're compatible with the Dueling fighting style. Because as it stands, using a rapier/sabre and dagger is pretty much worthless and that would be cool.
>>
File: dc.jpg (109 KB, 650x650)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>63986720
All you had to do was not buy in to a literal early access book, anon. It was so easy.
There are so many examples of why that's a dumb decision that should never be supported.

But you didn't listen, and now you're fucked. Don't lash out at others just because you're getting your just desserts.

Or keep lashing out, either way I'm still laughing and there's still not going to be an Artificer.
>>
>>63986789
>you

Okay, and I didn't buy that book, so see if you can get your fist up your ass all the way to the shoulder now.
>>
>>63986740
Seconding this anon, >>63986760 its got the shit you need and a dossier on adapting COS
>>
>>63986760
Oh fuck, I forgot about that. thanks.
>>63986772
Dwarf? No Dorfs in Ravenloft. I have human, Elf, Half-elf, and Aasimar with the knowledge that people might freak at you. I was gonna reflavor the Ebberon marks as curse marks or signs of destiny, but that's a stretch. I just wanna give my players a few more options. The Innistrad stuff is very helpful
>>
>>63985947
>>63986123
Got sources I can look at? This interests me.
>>
>>63986813
Anon the subtext is that he's actually the only person who bought the book and he's venting about his self-loathing.
>>
>>63985928
I hope fucking soon
>hurr we have big back log
Releases worthless like the ship ua abd sidekicks ua. When both the redone artificer and psion were supposed to be released on ua by now.
>>
>>63986813
Everyone knew the Titanic was a bad idea AFTER it sank, anon. Buying in to a rip off of a book and actually buying it are two different things, but are equally retarded.
>>
>>63986886
Actually, Innistrad human variants are literally just Variant human + a feat. Well shit.
>>
>>63986633
Witch Bolt shouldn't require an attack roll at the beginning.
>>
>>63986905
Sources on Crawford? 23 minute mark.
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/james-haeck-dd-writing
Sources on why it's dumb? I dunno, a psychology textbook or something.
>>
>>63986943
are you saying they get two feats?
>>
File: pls no more.jpg (253 KB, 1111x854)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>been waiting, excited and ready
>game sesh finally starts
>everyone having fun, "good times are ahead" is my state of mind
>net service provider shits itself, online game is put on hold because 2 of us is out
it aint fair lads, I was having fun
>>
>>63986633
>a simulacrum cannot make another simulacrum, even through the use of a Wish spell
There, I just fixed the biggest fuckup in the game in 10 seconds. Absolutely astounding that such a task exceeds the capabilities of the lead designer of the game.
>>
>>63986633
Crown of Madness doesn't force movement, so it almost never actually works. Have it force people to move toward their target, as long as it doesn't hurt them.
>>
>>63986943
Wat.
>>
File: Stensia.png (23 KB, 450x301)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>63986982
No, like pic related is literally just what happens if you play a variant human with Tough.
>>
>>63987026
No one has ever been allowed to have even one simulacrum anyway.
The real fix is just taking that spell out of the book.
>>
>>63987034
Right, Gavony is base human, Kessig is Variant human with Dash, Nephalia is Variant Human with skilled and as I said already >>63987051
None of these are new or unique.
>>
>>63986709
>fun things that eat your bonus action
This is suffering. I want to do something, but hiding as a rogue is probably better.
>>
>>63987034
wew wtf kessig gets mobile at level 1 and stensia gets tough. this is jokesy tier balance lol and they're on the same list as default human
>>
>>63987051
Oh, I see what you mean. Ignore >>63987034 then. Yes, they are feat-like, even with the description going out of its way to say "don't let feats just be better than the race goodies." However, the features provided aren't the same as just v.human since you get your optimization focus.
>>
>>63987034
Each of those are just a variant human with the feat already selected.
You could potentially double up though, since you could take the normal feat on top of what they already have.
>>
>>63987067
So what's the name for variant human with observant or crossbow expert? What about war caster?
>>
>>63987099
>observant
DM's Bane

>crossbow expert
Powergameslander
>>
>>63987086
No it says not to allow feats that duplicate a provincial trait.
>>63987082
Right, less optimized, which is good, but I was hoping for variety. Aw well.
>>
>>63986633
You cannot benefit from a Long Rest without having had a Short Rest followed with an Encounter since your last Long Rest. You cannot benefit from a Short Rest without having had an Encounter since your last Rest. A Short Rest is a minimum of 1 hour, and a Long Rest is a minimum of 8 hours (or 10 minutes and 8 hours respectively, or 8 hours and a week respectively, depending on narrative needs)
Unless stated otherwise, characters need sleep/trance daily. No semi-conscious during Trance, just Unconscious like everyone else, but without falling Prone.

Not all encounters are combat encounters.

Small is relative with how big of a mess 5e's rules are.
>>
>>63987099
>>63987118
>observant
It's a useless feat tbqh. A few threads ago I mentioned that I was making a character with it because my DM really loved traps, secret doors, and any number of things requiring insight checks. I turn up with a passive of 20 for both skills, and after two sessions of never having either check called for, the party gets instantly surrounded by hobgoblins in heavy armor. Don't waste your time on Observant.
>>
>>63987181
I got it mixed up with Alert.
>>
>>63987160
>You cannot benefit from a Long Rest without having had a Short Rest followed with an Encounter since your last Long Rest
What? You also need to rework exhaustion or something for that to work. It also makes sense mechanically, but not so narratively. Why didn't I get all my spells back? because I haven't done anything since I used my last spells.
>>63987181
Sounds like a DM problem
>>
>>63987181
The feat isn't useless, you just have a shit DM. Something great like Lucky would be equally useless if the DM just bumped the result of anything you used it on.
>>
>>63987160
>Unless stated otherwise, characters need sleep/trance daily.
or else what? you can't just leave it at that
>>
>>63987181
>just shit dm things
>>
>>63987160
What is the point of this and why doesn't any of it make any logical sense?
>>
>>63987303
it's his weird autistic way to make it literally impossible not to have at least 4 encounters between long rests i think. of course 'encounter' isn't defined in the rules so it's worthless.
>>
>>63987234
>>63987235
>>63987257
It very much is a DM problem. Far as I've seen, Observant is part of the very short arms race between players and their shit DM. If bullshit keeps happening to players "because their passive perception is bad" and they raise their passive perception, bullshit isn't going to stop happening. It's more of a garbo DM detector than anything else.
>>
>>63987160
>farmers are no longer able to sleep without taking a meal and killing a rat on their farm before and after the meal
>>
>>63987349
>he's not prepared for the rat ritual
Guess you'll die senpai lol
>>
File: 470740745.jpg (68 KB, 764x1046)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>63985891
Please help me, how do I play a Tiefling Fiend Warlock without coming off as cliche?

I was toying around with the concept that people barraged him with accusations of being a devil worshipper, so he decided to accept fate rather than fight it. He feels peace knowing he has a role and place in the world when so many do not have purpose.
>>
>>63987349
>quality farmers who care for their farms can't get restful sleep as their success has come at the price of keeping rats away
>there emerges a market for rats to be brought to your farm so that you can kill them
>wealthier farmers pay out the nose for rare, exotic rats bred to be hunted for sport, say that it helps them sleep better
>the party is tasked with finding quicker, smarter rats in the jungles of far off lands to be brought back and added to the genepool
>players make a fully tabaxi party
>>
>>63987459
>how do I play a cliche without coming off as cliche?
Just give him a real and meaningful personality and you'll be fine.
>>
>dragon creates a 90ft-long, 5ft-wide line out of itself in any direction
Or
>dragon shoots lightning from above then draws a line of lightning from the ground
To make it fair let's say for every foot that the dragon is above the ground, the lightning breath loses a foot.
>>
>>63987459
give into the cliche, write 'crawling in my skin' tier poetry/songs
>>
File: 1536988500844.png (790 KB, 792x792)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>>63987490
H-how do I give him a real and meaningful personality...?
>>
>>63987535
seconding this
>>
>>63987535
Anon, sometimes it's better to just scrap an idea and start from the ground up.
>>
File: 1541979108899.jpg (37 KB, 338x423)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Man I'm feeling so lazy, I have a whole dungeon to design before Sunday and I mostly just want to lay still and do nothing
>>
File: the female orgasm.png (150 KB, 450x255)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>63987535
>>
>>63987051
>Tfw doubling up on Tough
>>
>>63987234
>>63987303
>>63987329
->Long Rest -> Encounter -> Short Rest -> Encounter -> Long Rest
Forces a minimum of a single Short Rest and two Encounters between any two Long Rests. A Short Rest can take 8 hours without problem if you so desynch with long travel parts of the campaign.

Good point on Exhaustion though. I forgot about that bit of the condition.
>Exhaustion
>Finishing an 8 hour Rest reduces a creature's exhaustion level by 1, [...]

>mechanically/narrative
Due to the short rest/long rest design differences between classes there needs to be rules enforcing the ability for short rest class(es) (features) to come into effect and thus get used.

>Why didn't I get all my spells back? Because I haven't done anything since I used my last spells.
If you used your last spells, you've had an Encounter. Be that casting Fabricate to make a bridge to let your cart cross a ravine, or cast Fireball to blow up the Goblins in that last fight. So you're getting at least a Short Rest, and it's only Sorcerers that don't really get any resources back on a Short Rest. But they need far bigger changes.

Blowing your whole load on the first Encounter of a day takes effort, and being that insanely dominant for that encounter should have its downsides.

A lot of games are played with a single big fight in a session, but they often have 1 or more roleplay-heavy encounters before it. Put a Short Rest in between and you have 0 issues. Again, make it 10 minutes if that works better for narrative.

>>63987248
Anon, you suffer Exhaustion when going without Sleep. Warlock Invocation is changed to still needing 8 hours of less strenuous activity (aka 8 hours of rest, only you can read instead). Taking 8 Short Rests instead continuously converting spell slots into sorcery points back into spell slots is strenuous activity. But anyone sane already knows that.
>>
>>63987535
Make him an awkward nerd that tries to play the stereotype to the hilt, but is just too much of a goober to pull it off.
>>
>>63987349
Nah, he's fine. Monsters don't follow every PC rule already.
>>
>>63987699
Does it count as an encounter if I use unseen servant to jack off?
>>
>>63987699
Addition for >>63987329, an Encounter is any play that involves the game's mechanics and player resources/statistics. Basically when you apply PCs to the world.

You don't need a mechanics system to roleplay between player characters. Until you commit to PvP.
>>
>>63987771
No, you'd only be making a Scene.
>>
>>63987810
>cast guiding bolt at a tree

okay so dm can we long rest now
>>
>>63987699
>you suffer Exhaustion when going without Sleep
No, you suffer Exhaustion when going without *A long rest*

That's why coffeelock is fucking stupid, NOBODY READS THE FUCKING BOOKS ASPECT OF THE MOON IS NOT "NO LONG REST" IT'S "NO SLEEP DURING LONG RESTS"
>>
High Rollers > Crit Role

Simple
Rustic
Delicious
>>
>>63988490
greater resto tho
>>
>>63987651
>I have a whole dungeon to rip off before Sunday
You have resources fool.
>>
>>63988490
Oh, yeah I see what you mean now. Sorry. Yeah, Coffeelock is stupid and I forgot about that in >63987699

>ASPECT OF THE MOON IS NOT "NO LONG REST" IT'S "NO SLEEP DURING LONG RESTS"
Correct. My intent is forcing a Short Rest between Long Rests. Rules as is conflates mechanics with narrative too much, resulting in the bullshit Coffeelock crap, and the much maligned imbalance between long rest and short rest classes.

I'm open for suggestions on how to force a Long Rest on Coffeelock nonsense. Possibly the easiest is to just set a maximum number of encounters between Long Rests. With something like "For every Encounter after the 8th since your last Long Rest, you suffer 1 level of Exhaustion."
>>
>>63988562
go to bed mark
fantasy high > high rollers > cancer > critical role
>>
>>63988490
This is the same rule that can kill you if you sleep for 21 hours a day 'because you didn't sleep enough'
It's retarded.
>>
>>63988914
Is this a viral campaign, Brennan? Because I love your shit but this isn't the place it's gonna work.
>>
>>63987651
>go to donjon
>hit make dungeon
>early lunch
Being a lazy dm is stupid easy pal
>>
>>63988923
>if you sleep for 21 hours a day
How is this ruling supported?
>sleep 21 hours
>wake up, gain benefit of having had a long rest
>spend 3 hours being active
>go sleep
Then after 21 hours of sleep you then wake up and gain the benefit of a long rest, since the last time you benefited from a long rest was 24 hours before.
>>
>>63989006
You keep interrupting each 8 hour long rest with an hour of doing shit.
>>
>>63989013
Oooh, excessive DM faggotry. Gotcha. There's no rule you can make to fix that though.
>>
Can you cast Shocking Grasp alongside a melee attack such as
I get the 1d8 from a longsword and 1d8 extra damage from shocking grasp, only using 1 Action
>>
>>63989081
>tfw leave 4chan open, come back and forget to check for new thread
>>
>>63989072
Example would be using it in the same way as green flame blade
>>
>>63989072
No. Casting a Spell and the Attack Action are two different actions. Eldritch Knight gets the follow feature though.
>Beginning at 7th level, when you use your action to cast a cantrip, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action.
>>
>>63985891
Hey op can you change the 5etools link to the 5e.tools domain?
The dev recommends the latter, link in op is outdated.
>>
>>63989072
Do you have Sorc3+Quicken Spell? Or are EK 7?
>>
>>63989072
Shocking Grasp says to make a melee spell attack. If you want a rider on your melee attack for magical damage, get Booming Blade.
>>
I've had an idea for my players. The goal is to pretty much give them a strong feeling of dread before and during a battle.
They would be sent out to church thats filled with cultists, and the person giving them this task also hands them 3 protective amulets. (The party has 5 players)
Dividing those over the players would be fun enough already.
These players are all level 5 currently, and the cultists wouldn't be too strong, with one exception.
The cultists will cast Flesh to stone.
The players wearing an amulet would be unaffected.
I was thinking about making it so only one failed const. Save would already petrify the target if its not wearing an amulet, and it will be up to the 3 amulet wearing players to make sure they don't smash their friend who's turned to stone.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
I got high and gave my players a copper dragon egg 5 sessions ago and now they're just dragging it along with them everywhere they go. Any suggestions about what I should do about it?
>>
>>63989368
family is coming for revenge/trade is the obvious, selling it to something else or using it as a barter chip/reagent is also possible. the time a dragon takes to mature to anything notable is so long that it'll amount to a shit familiar or BM pet within their lifetimes
>>
>>63989368
The embryo inside the egg is dead
>>
>>63989368
Family wants it back
Family killed and egg left behind, so needs to be taken to another copper/metallic dragon
Cultists want it for ritual
Wizard wants it for experiments, and is offering money
Wizard has a recipe for really fucking good omelets, and wants to try it with a dragon egg
>>
>>63989368
turns out to be just a rock, but people keep stalking them over it thinking it's real
>>
>>63989439
I like the idea of the family being killed off and the egg needing to be rehomed. I have an npc on another continent that's a powerful wizard but actually a dragon in disguise.
>>
>>63989368
Read the draconomicon for more information on this kind of stuff.
It's a 3.5 book, but it will still hold up.
Basically, the egg is most likely dead at this point, but you could decide for it to hatch if they actually took care of it.
A copper wyrmling is only CR 1 and it wouldn't exactly be an issue since you would run it like an NPC and not some mindless beast for them to ride around on.
Dragon probably isn't going to want to hang around the party forever, but, since it's a good dragon, it might be grateful the party were the ones to hatch it and not try to sell it off on the black market or something.
>>
>>63989368
sacrifice the egg in a ritual to create a guard drake for the party
>>
>>63986905
Page 175 of the phb under Passive Checks.
>>
>>63985947
>>63989680
nothing in the phb says you can just fucking choose to use passive perception if the DM asks you to roll, what the fuck are you people on about
>>
>>63989108
You make the next thread and fix it yourself
>>
File: Fracture Spirits.png (511 KB, 508x1158)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
Bringing it back from the last thread, which version of this spell do you think is the best version and why?
>>
Running through a 14th level one shot later this week, any class/multiclass particularly fun at that level
>>
>>63989836

Second is much more flexible and less likely for the illusions to get AoE dispelled, but there's something to be said for the flavor of the first.
>>
>>63989908
Your image is making me think of a Swashbuckler/Battle Master who's captain of a powerful ship or an Arcane Trickster/Battle Master who's a tricky poison like pirate. So why not try one of those? X Rogue/5 Fighter is pretty popular as is X Rogue/3-5 Warlock.
>>
>>63989908
Zealot Barbarian gets his "I'm too angry to die" ability at level 14 and it sounds like a lot of fun to never die while raging.
>>
File: JA7ehP.gif (1.39 MB, 320x242)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB GIF
>>63989941
Flavor wise its the difference between Illusionary Clones vs this.
>>
>>63989908
Be like a major asshole and be a summoner
>>
I'm planning on running my party against a night hag and oni encounter along with a third Cr 6-8 thing. They will fight through hit and run tactics trying to take advantage of the onis HP regen to force the party to take a long rest with the night hag instant gimping the low HP members

Any recommendations for the third monster?
>>
>>63990088
Maybe a Medusa? Any particularly troublesome adventurers can be threatened with petrifying gaze, and they're no slouch with a longbow at range if the whole encounter is going to be based around hit and run.
>>
File: 1498097719987.jpg (39 KB, 663x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>Person A won't play without B
>B wont play if C plays
>D want's to play with E
>Everyone besides B/D hates E
>Person A lives with me so they have to be in
>F Only every shows up once every 3 weeks or so
Bonus round
>A&C are total bros
>D doesn't care about any of the rp and wants to hit things
>B only cares about the RP and ONLY if it is about them
>C always wants to do the same adventure
>E Is a weeb and never fits in with any adventure
>B has a 30% to have a hissy fit and could potentially leave if E isn't there to cool the situation

I just want to play the fucking game!
>>
>>63990253
Yeah that could work, I'm thinking of have an invisible stalker just periodically doing actions to add the parties chaos.
>>
>>63990308
R/lfg
>>
>>63986740
Since they're a big part of the module, make Vistani a playable race or an alternative to human. Maybe half-vistani so they can't curse people at will.

The playable UA Revenant race, although a bit overpowered, fits the setting really well.
>>
>>63990308
Try playing with adults instead of passive aggressive manchildren.
>>
File: Double Team.gif (1.14 MB, 400x240)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>63989836
The second one. The first one seems like a person could just walk through the illusions and eventually reach the caster, or just cast an AOE spell and hit all of them.
>>
>>63990414
>UA Revenant
What would you fix about it?
>>
>>63990494
Probably put some kind of restriction on the fact that you're literally immortal.
>>
>>63985891
>Who's your favorite party member, /5eg/?
Mine. My character is fucking sick
>>
>>63990308
If
>A&C are total bros
And
>A won't play without B
But
>B wont play if C plays
Then I think that is A's problem to solve. Sometimes you have to herd your players, and it's useful to delegate.
>>
>>63990466
Greninja is the best pokemon by far.

Dungeons and dragons
>>
>>63986709
dual wielding should eat your bonus action, however, there should be a extra dual wield attacks.
The reason it falls of is because of the extra attack feature. If we add something similar to dual wielder, like "when you make an offhand attack using your bonus action, you can attack twice" at some levels, it would work wonders.
>>
>>63990561
"When you gain "Extra Attack" feature, you can make one additional attack as part of bonus action"?
>>
>>63990556
Griipli or Bullywig Shadow Monk sounds like a thing you could play for the best Greninja. Not sure how you could add in some water powers.
>>
>>63990654
That's near GWM damage without any attack penalty
>>
>>63990663
Why not a Grung?
>>
>>63990702
No it isn't. Without the feat, it's probably around a greatsword in terms of damage (2d6). I'm not sure how you would factor in to hit and crits for average damages, but they seem comparable (eg. more consistent damage, but not as high)
>>
File: tiki.gif (155 KB, 300x400)
155 KB
155 KB GIF
Hi /tg/. I'm pretty new to 5e. For a Ravnica campaign I rolled stats and got Str 17 Dex 15 Con 10 Int 13 Wis 10 Cha 9. What should I play with these stats? I'm thinking human for race for the bonus +1 to all stats. Is there a class that would find Str and Dex helpful and is there a half caster class that uses Int?
>>
>>63990556
absolutely wrong, not even the best pokemon that would make a d&d player character
>>
>>63989368
Give them a cute dragon pet/mascot.
>>
>>63990777

10 Con is rough, I'd suggest Mountain Dwarf Fighter, with plants to go into Eldritch Knight. It's a third-caster and not a half-caster, but that's probably the best you can do with those stats. Go for heavy armor and just enjoy the 15 Dex. Spend your ASIs on CON at least once, then up your Strength and Int.
>>
>>63990777
Wizard is the only int caster. Eldritch knight and arcane trickster are int 1/3rd casters.

Mountain dwarf gives you 19str, 12 con. Con is important.

Fire Genasi or hobgoblin gives you 17str,15dex,12con,14int for eldritch knight.

Vuman is always good.
Do you have to put your stats in those spots?
If you do, I suggest EK with vuman, whatever feat you want and +1 to str/dex and int. Or arcane trickster.

Since you're ravnica, simic hybrid is con+2 and +1 to dex if you want to Rogue or +1 to str of you want to fighter. Barbarian is valid, but I really suggest picking a con+2 race.
>>
>>63990777
Str and Dex step on each other, however, since you have both of them so high, it would be really good to go Fighter and carry around both a Str melee weapon and a Dex ranged weapon and use them with similar proficiency.
Your Con is the biggest issue, which you could easily fix with the Fighter ASI.
>Is there a half caster that uses Int
Official content?
Not that I know of, but Eldritch Knight might be fun.
>>
>>63990865
>>63990777

You want to play eldritch knight with 10 con? You're a braver man than I.

I do like the simic option if you do +1 str and play a fighter. Simic Barbarian doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>63990727
That also works.
>>
It baffles me that there are no improved fighting styles.
>>
>>63990897
>>63990866
>>63990865
No martials allowed

Play a high elf wizard
17 Dex, 14 int. Elven accuracy on Dex. You don't need con when you're a wizard.

Play a furry race and be a hairy wizard.

Alternatively aarakocra arcane trickster isn't terrible. 17 Dex, 13 int, 4th level boost to 18 and 14. Booming blade from the air, disengage and fly up. Or, you know, shortbow/crossbow.
>>
>>63990897
Fighter gets so much ASI that he could pump the fuck out of Con, or just take the Tough feat at 4 for the immediate health boost on top of the retroactive Con bonus.
Early campaign would be rough though, especially with save spells.
>>
>>63990951
>Aarakocra AT
>invisibility
>flight
>invisible mage hand
Disgusting
>>
>>63990951
You forgot to mention the Bladesinger.
>>
>>63990865
>>63990866
>>63990855
Thanks that answers my questions. Those attributes are set. The DM did say we could use a standard array if we wanted but everyone else rolled 4d6 in order so I felt peer pressured to do the same. I will probably play a simic hybrid fighter or a vuman eldritch knight. The low con is an issue. So >>63990951 suggesting High Elf wizard is very tempting.
>>
>>63990951
>You don't need con when you're a wizard.
You better hope to whatever gods you believe in that you aren't in range of any attacks, you old coot.
I played rolled a 7 Con Wizard once. Was simultaneously my favorite character and also the most stressful campaign I ever played in. Even Illmater was like, "Fuck dude, can't help you here.
>>
>>63990990

Wizard with low Con is prone to being simply deleted by a wayward crit. Barb is the only class which doesn't struggle with level 1 due to rage, but a 6 HP wizard runs a lot of risk of not making it to level 2.
>>
>>63990494
Give it a solid base instead of making it an in part universal subrace to tack on to existing races, then give it a bunch of subraces with features based loosely on a defining chsracteristic of each of the existing races in the game.
>>
>>63990915
Those are in dev, Mearls is a tinkering on his stream show.
>>
>>63991047
That dual wielding one, where you don't spend a bonus action on an additional attack, is weird. Great for a swashbuckler, I guess.
>>
>>63991008
Could be cool still. If I die then maybe the next character will have some better stats.
>>
>>63991002
Ilmater is a shit god so that's unsurprising.
>>
>>63990777
i'd definately buff that con modifier up, your leaning towards being a melee and a low con modifier is an easy way into the grave.
Barbarian would fit well, you can wear armor to offset your shit con, just because barb gets unarmored defense doesnt mean you need to use it, just wear medium armour, add your dex modifier.

barb gets the most hp and resistance to physical damage, if you go bear you gain resistance to all but psychic damage.
>>
>>63990990
Don't play a wizard unless you're a bladesinger.
>>63991008
This guy is right. 6hp wizard isn't likely to get to level 2 to add 4 Hp.
Fighter gets 10hp and heavy armor. You're strong enough for any armor, so if you invest ASIs in dex/other, you don't have to worry about strength.

+2 con Barbarian gives you 15 ac with a shield. If you do +1 Dex, that's 16 ac.

Of your choices, I like +1 str simic hybrid fighter and take ASIs early rather than feats.
>>
>champion fighter 7/monk 2/thief rogue x
>60 foot long jumps
>>
>>63991088
>rolling better than 34 points
I mean, you're welcome to try.
>>
What's a good name for a legendary hero paladin? He was one of the founders of the Hellriders - an elite force from a religious kingdom who literally rode through a portal into Hell to drive back the devils that invaded the capital.

He's also long dead.
>>
>>63991174
>still can't jump past your movement speed
>>
>>63991282
Duncan the Chased.
>>
>>63991200
I've just gotta believe.
>>
>>63991174
>he needs a level 12+ multiclass to get what an EK could get in 6
lol
>>
>>63990308
Sounds like you can dump D and E. A Grognard and Weeb that the majority hate seem like good candidates to drop. Then you've only got A B and C to bitch at you. Tell B to shut the fuck up and straighten out so you can enjoy playing with A and C. Or just tell A that B is garbage and they need to learn to drop them.
>>
>>63991286
He has 40ft move speed as monk, so he could 1 ki bonus action dash and easily jump 60ft.
Hell, he could go Tabaxi and jump like that every other turn, no ki required.
>>
>>63991381
It's the principle of the thing. Can jump far in combat, but not out of it. Jump spell is worthless in combat. And there's no reason for them to have done it that way, other than rigid thinking and general dickishness.
>>
>>63990308
ABDE is your ideal combo then
>>
>>63990308
Gather all of them for a single session and then present a puzzle in-game using stand-ins for all of your players. Let them "solve" it, then go with the real world version of whatever they come up with.
>>
When it comes to your non class essential stats is it better to have 3 10's or a 12, 10 and 8

Specifically wondering about dex, int and wis for a pally
>>
>>63991487
12 Dex, 10 Wis, 8 Int.
>>
>>63991487
This is 5e, so unless you're one of the 5/3 classes that cast with it, Int is only useful when the Mind Flayers come.
>>
>>63991502
Is that because of dex saves being more common?
>>
>>63991518
Yes, although I'd be more likely to put the 12 into wisdom because it feels really bad to fail those saves.
>>
>>63987459
Have his patron be one of his parents, his powers are like a magical trust fund or allowance.
>>
>>63991554
Does it really? I generally use Wisdom as my dump stat because there's always someone else who's playing a WIS-based class to make those rolls, and if I'm forced to make them I'm fine with my character not being perfect.
>>
>>63991554
I went half elf so between advantage on charm and paladin's wis save proficiency I should be good to help dex out a bit instead?
>>
>>63991584

Wisdom saves are super common targets for martials. Hold Person being the most egregious example of how to get a Barb to drop his rage.
>>
>>63991602
Ah yeah that's fair I guess.
>>
>>63991487
High Int is actually a liability for a pally. If you don't understand the moral implications of an act, you can't fall because of it.
>>
I have a massive erection for battle themes that transition into a faster, more anxious or otherwise more intense remix of themselves
For example, this
https://youtu.be/XI1VpElKWF8
leading into this during the second stage of a difficult or tense fight
https://youtu.be/rad3r9sjVSM

Anyone got soundtracks that'd fight the criteria above?
>>
>>63991584
>>63991617
The guideline from 3.5 generally carries over pretty well, although not nearly as extreme: Fail a reflex save and you lose some hit points. Fail a will save and you lose your character.
>>
>>63991644
I just haven't had enough play experience to encounter Hold Person I guess, I've played Lost mines and a one-shot in total, the former was what it says on the tin, the latter was a fucking bullshit hard oneshot involving fighting mind flayers at like 4th level, so you're probably right about that I just haven't experienced as such and I haven't used Hold Person as a DM.
>>
>>63985891
We pathfinder now?
>>
>>63985891
Anyone got that nice cheat sheet for conditions, cover and all that stuff?
>>
>>63991282
Candide.
Theopherous.
Adelbrecht.
Mamesima Masemamusa
>>
>>63991282
Cagnazzo
>>
>>63991730
The what what now?
>>
Human Vengeance Paladin
18/10/16/9/12/16 I rolled 17,16,15 pls no bully
PAM+Sentinel
I use my glaive's reach and horse's superior movement to deliver the guilty to be judged.

Time for 8th level ASI. Do I want +2 Cha or +2 str?
>>
>>63991730
I love the pic you posted, wonderin`n if I share it would you mind?
I know some people online that would love it, please reply
>>
>>63991869
You're right, it is super funny
Thank you for stopping by
>>
How do legendary resistances work during combat?
If someone forces a save from your monster, do you roll and then decide if you want to use it or is that unfair?
>>
>>63992057
You can only use it when you fail a save
>>
File: myers.jpg (144 KB, 800x450)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>63991837
I think hedgehoganon wants the info that comes on a DM screen.
>>
File: cheatsheet.pdf (150 KB, PDF)
150 KB
150 KB PDF
>>63991730
You looking for something like this?
>>
>And this is my Fighter, GM!
>>
>>63992222
/rips character sheet
see ya
>>
File: 29384811033_357dd0ffb4_b.jpg (168 KB, 1024x1024)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>And this is my druid, DM!
putting the moon in druid
>>
>>63992222
High heels and fetish outfits haven't been invented yet in this setting
>>
>>63985891
I'm the DM. Out of the two groups I run, my favorites would have to be....probably Li Suliang, Kensei/Samurai Fighter played like a sword-obsessed Taoist, and Maia Silverthorn, Arcane Trickster/Battlemaster Fighter who exclusively uses a whip (trip and menacing attacks abound) and darts in combat to good effect.
>>
>>63986916
Hey, don't shit-talk Ships and the Sea, I'm about to run a sea campaign and it's coming in handy.
UA sidekicks is LITERALLY actually worthless. It's a completely different league of disappointing.

>>63989179
>Two players will need to save vs being completely useless for the foreseeable future
>You are banking on this happening to give off a feeling of "dread"
That does not sound fun at all. Petrification effects are already scary enough, you don't need to BUFF them. That would just make things frustrating, not scarier.
Also "smashing your petrified friend" just doesn't happen, avoiding that isn't much of a challenge.
>>
>>63992574
My DM decided to use the sidekicks rules to give our fighter a wolf companion. He then decided that wolves were too weak, so he made it a dire wolf. It's got twice as much health as anyone else in the party and put us up to 6 members, and now he's wondering how to up the difficulty of encounters (again). Just waiting until the moment when every encounter is a setpiece mass battle.
>>
>>63992644
Whatever you do, don't show him the UA about mass combat.
>>
File: 1544798570115.png (738 KB, 990x1080)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
I really want my next session to go for like 8 hours because I really want my players to go through the spooky temple and fight the big boss, but I'll probably have to wait until NEXT Saturday for them to do it
>>
What happened with the Treachery Paladin from UA?
>>
Show them to me (drooling)
>>
>>63992771
How are the UA rules always such a slam dunk in terms of delivering a bad play experience?
>>
File: deletethis.png (174 KB, 300x348)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>63992396
>>
>>63992832
Too much thought about mechanics, not enough playtesting?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (63 KB, 600x899)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>63992826
Okay, if that's what you want.
>>
>>63992832
Bad stuff doesn't get a second chance, only already worthwhile UA content is kept and improved with feedback in mind.
This creates a LOT of really bad UAs than never get touched again.
>>
>>63992895
>too much thought about mechanics
>mechanics are almost always bad
At times I wonder if they actually play the damn game.
>>
>>63992787
Well, you'll have something to look forward to, anon.
>>
What do you all think of this ruling on Counterspell?

Counterspell: You cannot counterspell a spell that has already had a counterspell attempt this turn.

I think this keeps counterspells tough, while allowing for enemy spellcasters in caster-heavy parties to have a chance. Similarly, it makes encounters with lots of counterspell-knowing enemies feel funner.

You can still counterspell a counterspell etc.
>>
I can't decide on a character I'm happy with for our new campaign. We're starting at level 5, what's going to provide the most fun?
>>
>>63993120
Do you enjoy more of the RP or mechanical sides of the game?
>>
>>63993120
moon druid
>>
>>63993151
Both.
>>
>>63992990
I know but I'm just so excited!
>>
>>63993181
>Do you like A or B *more*?
>BOTH!
We get it, you don't want to be pegged as a powergaming fag or a critical role fanboy. Just answer the question.
>>
>>63993218
Sorry, missed the more in there. Uh, probably mechanical, our games tend to feature more combats than RP; or at least the combats take longer.
>>
>>63993120
Cleric or paladin. Giving yourself a god or cause to adhere to really helps me play my characters.
Both cleric and paladin are also mechanically strong.
If it's okay to be interracial, I suggest hill dwarf light cleric or half-elf devotion paladin.
Give yourself a prayer, mantra or catchphrase.
>>
>>63993181
Find a character or mechanical concept, and build from there. Like pick a race/ class, and build goal (ex. drow gloom stalker ranger 3/ shadow monk x and be invisible while zipping around in darkness, or that barbarogue grappler who pummels everything or dwarf wizard with heavy armor who jumps into the melee fray (think swat member) now and then).
For fun martials try battlemaster either straight or multiclassed, barbarogue or an optimized monk.
For gishes I'd recommend bards or bard multiclasses, wizard + arcane trickster (or eldritch knight).
For full casters, land druids are pretty fun, along with bards, clerics and my wizard example above.
>>
>>63989792
I don't spend ALL my time on 4chan.
I'll definitely not.

Hey op of the next thread
Change 5etools. com to 5e.tools
>>
>>63993205
Channel that excitement into an arts and crafts project, or take a nice walk along a mountain trail.
>>
>>63993205
work out every detail of the temple so that it becomes a year-long campaign
>>
3.5 hours until game time
party is going to raid a wizard's mansion
what is your party doing next session?
>>
>>63993822
Hopefully we're playing this sunday after all the time postponed for the holidays. If that's the case, we're playing Tombs, and we might be 1-2 locations away from trying to infiltrate Omu.
>>
>>63993822
17 hours intil game time
We're going to raid a noble family's mansion
>>
>>63991730
https://crobi.github.io/dnd5e-quickref/preview/quickref.html
this?
>>
>>63993842
>Hopefully
When do you guys normally set it up?

Our game is always running on Saturday at 12:00 noon until 18:00 as a minimum, we don't make plans during the week. It's a given that we're playing.
>>
>>63993822
Assisting in the construction of some catapults before we storm the orcish camp.
>>
>>63993894
Sundays at 8PM is the standard time. The issue is I don't know if some of our party are going to be back from their vacay or not.
>>
File: 1542103903140.gif (157 KB, 849x590)
157 KB
157 KB GIF
>>63993491
I probably won't do that, but I will put some of that energy into the city siege scene that will most likely come after the Temple fight. Then after that I need to put together a side-quest where they're going to be getting their very own personal keep/stronghold. Then I also need to flesh out the backstory side-quest the come later for two of the players, then plan out their journey into the Feywild!

Lots to do, I hope my group stays together long enough to get to do all this stuff
>>
Has anyone here played "Out of the Abyss"?
How did you handle light and darkvision?
I'm thinking of letting them find darkvision goggles in the starting dark elf camp, otherwise how could they be useful as slave labor?
The alternative is to have them use lights, but that's something that really stands out in the underdark, and they'd have to be attacked by just about everything that lives down there. Letting them get away with lights on just wouldn't be right.
>>
>>63989368
It is both fake and full of chocolate
>>
>>63993973
Hope things go well for you, anon, and that the party enjoys all the adventures you made for them.
>>
>>63994011
It sucks to be where the monsters are, that's the point. You should be scared of going into a cave full of orcs, let alone the underdark.
You have two options.
>ignore light
>use light and darkvision rules

The second gives the players two choices.
>use darkvision/blind and get ganked due to being blind or -5 passive perception
>use light and attract monsters all day long
>>
>>63994011

I had the Drow have their camps lit with Dancing Lights. Enough to see, and work, but not enough for (most) surface dwellers to see well enough to plan an escape.
>>
>>63994011
https://theangrygm.com/ask-angry-seeing-in-the-dark/
>>
>>63993973
i was on board with the excitement till knife ears got posted
>>
>>63993248
Vengeance Paladin provides mechanical fun with single target damage and RP fun with Paladins.
Also
>>63993168
Moon Druid is considered very powerful, especially early on. However, being able to turn into different creatures is really fun, especially if you reach level 89 or hihger, when you can start to fly.

>>63993822
Gonna defend against a demon invasion

>>63992991
Anyone have thoughts on this? I just want Counterspell to be less of a buzzkill on both ends.
>>
Someone talked about wanting a Troll player race a thread or two ago, so I'm making one because I'm bored. Tell me what you think.

Half-Troll

ASI: +2 Con, +1 Str
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 ft.
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Troll Regeneration: If you are below half your hit point maximum at the start of your turn, you regain 1 hit point. If you take acid or fire damage this trait doesn't function on the start of your next turn.
Keen Smell: You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell
Claws: You are proficient with your unarmed strikes, which deal 1d4 slashing damage on a hit.
Bite: Your fanged maw is a natural weapon, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
>>
>>63994185
Now I'm even more confused.

If half the party has Darkvision, they all have to use a Light. I will not allow them to stumble around in caves in the dark, holding hands does not work.

If they use a Light, I'm afraid that will have to upset the entire campaign. There is no conceivable way they survive more than two days down there, and then they get to places like the Kuo-tua village where it explicitly says they react aggressively if someone brings a light.

I think I'll give them all Darkvision via items
>>
>>63994303
>RP fun with Paladins

99% of people who play vengeance paladins do not RP like Paladins at all.
>>
>>63994365
>they all have to use a Light
Only if they want Perception checks without disadvantage. Dim light is more than enough to travel with, even for races without Darkvision.
>>
>>63994011
As someone who played a human in OotA in an otherwise all Darkvision party I can tell you it sucked dick.
>>
If you have disadvantage on the attack roll but use reckless attack, does that cancel the disadvantage, or..?
>>
>>63994068
Thanks friend

>>63994194
Wow extremely rude
>>
>>63994416
Did it suck dick in a good way or a bad way?
>>
>>63994422
yes it cancels it out

officially one source of advantage/disadvantage will cancel out all other sources aswell, check if your DM is using the official rulings.

personally i think it's garbage that 1 source can cancel out infinite other sources of the opposite and dont use it
>>
>>63994422
Advantage cancels out disadvantage, so you're hitting normally.
>>
>>63993822
We're gonna solve some Christmas themed puzzle
>>
Can the wizard cast True Polymorph and permanently turn my Dawnbringer into a crusading waifu?
>>
File: 1504558106312.jpg (26 KB, 423x222)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>63994445
>personally i think it's garbage that 1 source can cancel out infinite other sources of the opposite and dont use it
>>
>>63994411
You're more right than you may realize - darkvision has no effect whatsoever on dim light, and, when in complete darkness, creatures with darkvision see as if in dim light to a distance of 60'.
>>
Could I get some advice on choosing/preparing high level spells as a wizard? Having only one spell slot per day but up to 4 spells known of that level just from leveling up has gotten to be overwhelming. Feels difficult to make sure I'm making good use of the more powerful slots.
>>
File: RTFM.gif (540 KB, 480x251)
540 KB
540 KB GIF
>>63994736
>darkvision has no effect whatsoever on dim light
>"You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light"
>>
>>63993822
Diving into a pit full of goblins.
>>
>>63994763
Some spells are just too good to pass up, like Otto's Dance.
No save, everyone gets advantage, it has to use its action just to try and make a save.
Even things with Legendary resistance have to waste a full turn to get rid of it, and everybody gets advantage while that happens.

You could just blow all your high level slots on Otto every turn and your group will decimate any boss that isn't immune to charm. Much better than a shitty Disintegrate or something.
>>
>>63994763
what subclass, you tend to have synergy with your school of spells
>>
File: 8pY1Z43PL.jpg (61 KB, 638x1000)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>63994778
Well fuck, I'm retarded
>>
>>63994365
>holding hands does not work.

Does it not? Why?
>>
>>63994884
Divination.
>>
>>63994387
Their tennants still include helping people and fighting for the good of all though.
>>
>>63986345
go dex instead of str
rapier + shield
>>
>>63994541
Unfortunately, there's an ancient curse placed on the Dawnblade by an evil wizard. If you attempt to turn the sword into a person, it'll become a female tabaxi.
>>
>>63994445
If you do this it complicates areas of heavy obscuration such as fog cloud because there are specific instances you'd have advantage, the enemy would have advantage, you'd have disadvantage etc
you should just give everybody no advantage and no disadvantage.

If they stack up disadvantages, they just can't take the action at all because what they're doing is ridiculous.
>>
>>63994943
>tennants
*tenets
>>
>be me
>get into D&D
>over time develop preference for 3.5
>still play Pathfinder and 5e with friends
>enjoy 5e the least because I dislike proficiency system
>friend is DMing 5e for his first time
>fair enough the system is easier on the DM
>not great at coming up with character concepts
>pull out Deities and Demigods
>flip through looking for inspiration for a character concept
>land on Thoth
>think about the Corpus Hermetica for half a second before autism kicks in and I start researching Thoth like a possessed theologian
>borrow bamboo from my mum and craft self a reed pen
>buy a bottle of ink from the local art store and remove the label
>then get to the tricky part
>building the character in 5e
>decide to go with Knowledge Cleric 1, then 3 levels of Bard for Lore College, and then Transmutation Wizard to 6
>figure if we get further than level 10 I'll advance some more cleric stuff and maybe take Bard to 4
>pick Sage for backstory then start writing his backstory
>can't think of a name so literally just split Poemandres into two names
>calls himself Professor Poe Mandres
>have difficulty with backstory, make him the son of a shepherd while joking with DM, who lets me fluff his quarterstaff as having a shepherd crook on one end
>characters entire thing is that he wants to found a library and fill it with all the knowledge in the world, and teach any willing to learn
>DM jokes my character is like a biblical messiah archetype
>he has no idea
>get a bit lazy on the Flaw so just put in Overthinking
>session 1 game time rolls around, decide to roleplay the overthinking flaw
>game starts with party not knowing each other yet and fleeing the country because of a plague
>get on the boat out, have to give our weapons up
>rogue hides her daggers under her dress and disguises herself as a grieving widow, her in character reason is that her character finds it funny
>warlock halfling sneaks on the ship, hides from everything and follows us like a bit of a creeper
>>
>>63994926
well,considering your 6th level feature, casting a higher level div spell gives you a lower level spell back, so if your fond of a particular 5th level spell you like to use often, taking True Seeing at 6th level not only gives you truesight for awhile which can assist in a number of ways, but it will restore a 5th level spell slot for you

so if you like upcasting fireball or using Synaptic Static then i'd probably go true seeing
other 6th level spells to consider, Contingency is always good because you can cast this on your off-days and it lasts for the next 10 days, just make sure you have a reliable contingency plan.
Soul Cage is extremely versatile and can give you a number of benefits throughout a day of adventure.

come 7th level, Forcecage, this thing is Wall of Force on steroids, no concentration, 1 hour, get fucked
8th level, Maze, another very strong CC that is not a saving throw, so legendary resistance does not help a creature, infact the mighty Terrasque cannot escape a Maze spell because of it's garbage 3 int, it can never roll the DC20 to escape, giving your party 10 minutes to setup the battlefield in such a way to beat the shit out of it when it returns
Mind Blank, makes you immune to a lot of fuckery, being immune to Charm makes you immune to a good deal of spells, along with it's other benefits.
9th level is obvious, the answer is always Wish, but True Polymorph is another fun one
>>
File: Spoiler Image (83 KB, 724x763)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>63994956
Implying that's a curse and not a blessing
>>
>>63989368
Pick one of the following options:
>dragon eggs take 12 years to hatch, hatchings take between 80-160 years to mature, depending on species
>dragon eggs can only hatch when its mother is incubating it
>dragon eggs can be scented by dragons up to 100 miles away / or magical tracking
>the party now have a dragon
>>
File: 1481108723732[1].png (132 KB, 380x496)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>DM treats darkvision in darkness like the entire area is fully lit
>>
>>63994962
im curious as to how, i've yet to see this ever cause an issue with spells like fog cloud.

Fog Cloud is great because heavily obscured areas fuck over Devils and creatures with Truesight like it does any other creature, it's one of it's benefits over magical darkness.
>>
File: 1545063308964.png (304 KB, 722x768)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
I think I'm probably giving my party too many magic items, what would you guys expect to receive by level 6-7?
>>
>>63995105
You are both blinded and can't see the target which is double disadvantage. If you are firing out of a fog cloud, you would have disadvantage by stacking houserule. If you are firing into a fogcloud, you would have advantage.
If you were firing within the fog cloud, you would have neither.
>>
>>63995092
>>63989368
In HOTDQ, there is a specific area that has certain conditions for eggs to hatch; if the players remove the eggs from said location, they go "dormant" and basically enter stasis until they're put in an appropriate location. Make it an adventure for them to get the materials/find a proper location to build on for a hatchery and to raise them.

>>63995117
I run a high magic campaign, so my players have some magic stuff, mostly uncommon stuff at this point (they're 6th level). The tradeoff is every encounter is either Hard or Deadly, so it all evens out in the end.
>>
File: 1480543027490.jpg (68 KB, 633x758)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>63995103
>everyone but you has Darkvision
>treated like a cripple
>no one trusts you to keep watch at night
>everyone groans if you light a torch
>party members pull pranks on you in the dark
>>
>>63995117
if it's taking a while to get to level 6-7 then 2 items is more than fair.

However, as long as everybody has 3 attunement slots, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>63995157
>>63995103
I'm glad I've houseruled darkvision so it just lets you ignore the penalty for being in dim light.
>>
>>63995157
Your DM is a fucking retard because everybody else is only seeing in dim light.
Your party won't be able to see traps and ambushes and all that shit.
>>
>>63995117
Magic weapons for anyone that uses one
1 or 2 magic armor sets
A few wondrous items that are on the weaker end of magic items. Maybe one that's a bit stronger
>>
>>63995141
if both you and the target are in the cloud, it cancels itself out because your both blind and hidden from each other
if your attacking outside the cloud, your blind but hidden from the enemy, cancels itself out
if your attacking into the cloud, it again cancels out because they cant see you and you cant see them.

every scenario the spell cancels itself out except in special cases where you have a sense that allows you to ignore sight.

nothing here is in any way interacting with the houserule, thats RAW how the effect of the spell works.
>>
>>63995206
>if your attacking outside the cloud, your blind but hidden from the enemy, cancels itself out
No, it doesn't. You're blind, so disadvantage against enemies and enemies have disadvantage against you
AND you can't see the target as well. The blinded condition and not being able to see the target are two different things that apply their own disadvantage/advantage

It's just, as the rules are written, it doesn't matter because you can't stack disadvantage.
>>
>>63995157
ask your DM to throw a gloomstalker assassin at the party
watch as all the darkvision fucks cant see shit yet you see him just fine

that or have the DM introduce puzzles/traps that involve colour, people really overlook the part of darkvision that specifies you only see shades of grey, DM's can and should exploit that if they rely on darkvision for everything.
>>
>>63995235
>people really overlook the part of darkvision that specifies you only see shades of grey
Problem is DMs overlook it too
>>
>>63995058
>war cleric doesn't like giving up his weapons but does so
>finally DM reveals the trick
>we really were meeting in a tavern all along, a tavern on the ship
>well time to roleplay
>Poe sits down, pulls out an Abacus and Hour Glass, ask DM if I can calculate how long we have to go to sure and if I know where we're going
>human knowledge cleric with prodigy and keen mind so he has me roll a few intelligence based checks
>rogue tries to prank me but my perception is higher than her sleight of hand, we chat since my character doesn't care too much
>war cleric notices us and joins because he saw me use my divine focus (a reed pen) to turn her prank (a note that says NERD on it) into ash with a cantrip
>only one left out is a warlock
>warlock sneaks into the tavern and starts stealing booze from the other patrons
>DM reveals that my character learns we'll be arriving in a country by morning through rigorous calculations and reading the stars during the journey
>gives name of country after a history check
>ask DM how long until sunset with keen mind
>sunset just happened
>declare knew knowledge to the bar, and party, and that Poe is going to bed
>rogue leaves too
>party trickles out
>little did we know this is where we fucked the DMs plans
>warlock hides in a closet to sleep, takes off his armor
>rogue decides to look in the closet for supplies to prank people with
>warlock is the scariest looking potato shaped head looking halfling in the world, complete with vestigial tail
>we start making jokes about him being a horror monster
>warlock player has difficulty with expressing himself
>finally his halfling interacts
>"I'M THE TRASH MAN!"
>does a shitty Danny DeVito voice
>table cracks up because its silly
>DM has him roll intimidate against the rogues wisdom save
>obviously the high charisma scary looking monster wins this roll and she slams the door and screams about a monster
>boat shakes a bit
>approach the closet since my room is in this hallway too
>>
>>63995235
or, you know, anything that involves dim light
which is seeing literally anything
>>
Land or Dreams druid? Land seems like it'd be the more reliable spellcaster with natural recovery and their circle spells, but I do like the Balm of the Summer Court heal and general feel of the fey-themed circle.
>>
>>63995295
When it comes to flavour I really like all the different themes of druid you can pull off with a land druid.
>>
So if my players were to Sidekick a creature, where it says for the hit point calculation "xdy + z" it would basically be 1dy + CON for every level after 1st, correct?
>>
>>63995295
depends on the party, Land can give access to potent spells you normally wont get as a druid, and if the party can benefit from them then it's a solid option.
Depends on what you want, the druid spell list is good enough on it's own that your not wanting for good options, especially in the crowd control department.
if your fine with just the druid spell list and dont want a specific non-druid spell, i'd go dream.
>>
>>63995141
>disadvantage for being blinded
>also separate disadvantage for can't see the target
The fuck?
>>
>>63995354
Welcome to 5e.

Honestly if you were sane you'd houserule that out as well since it works under the assumption that advantage/disadvantage don't stack but it also then means that if advantage/disadvantage don't stack, you nerf fog cloud because it can no longer negate advantage/disadvantage. It only blocks 'requires line of sight' spells and abilities.
>>
File: DPDewbIVwAAXdBt.jpg (309 KB, 1200x1196)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
Anyone try out this Mearls Homebrew? It always looked interesting to me.
>>
>>63995389
i think the point of the spell is more to blind a group of enemies that you wont be dealing with in melee, whilst within the cloud.

like a bunch of archers on a hill, fog em while the party runs for cover in the cave beneath the cliff, or hightails it out of the area.
i dont think a DM is ever going to just rule, well they're blind but you cant see them anymore so they shoot you with pinpoint precision from where they're stood.

but yes it's concrete effect is it blocks spells and abilities that require sight.
>>
>>63995404
>bad hexblade
I mean you could play it, I guess. It's not like poison is a common resistance or anything.
>>
>>63995428
>like a bunch of archers on a hill, fog em while the party runs for cover in the cave beneath the cliff, or hightails it out of the area.
That won't do anything unless you take the hide action.
They can still, by the rules, stacking disadvantage or not, shoot you without disadvantage.

In fact, by base rules, using fog cloud actually makes them more accurate as you're running away.
>>
>>63995404
i avoid anything thats built around poison damage, it's fucking garbage and they know it.

plus mearls put no effort into that spell list, several of those spells are already fucking warlock spells and if he fucking read how warlock spell lists work he'd know the point of the list is to only offer spells warlocks dont get access to.

how the fuck is this guy in charge of 5e, nigga read the fucking book
>>
>>63995260
>my character opens the closet to see the fuss
>rolls intimidate again
>DM laughs
>even with high wisdom fail, not as badly as rogue though
>still shut the door
>boat shakes again
>already know something is happening but ask DM if I can determine what is making the boat shake
>DM allows a nature roll
>not too high but high modifier so not shit
>DM only reveals it's definitely something in the water
>war cleric approaches since his room is on this hallway too, a little contrived but understandable
>tell party what I know
>warlock overhears through closet
>go up to the deck with the warlock sneaking after me
>war cleric and rogue go down to weapons vault
>start intentionally overthinking the monster
>could be a sea serpent
>get up on deck
>crew is running around trying to figure out what is happening
>go near the edge and peer into the water
>ship gets bumped again and thankfully make my save to not fall in
>also make the perception to recognize a serpentine shape in the water, very big, easily sea serpent sized
>decide fuck it
>ask DM if I can get the crew to drop anchor on my command and time it using an intelligence check vs the AC
>DM agrees a bit too fast but we've known each other a while and he confessed that he fully planned for me to do that
>he also planned for said anchor to decapitate it if I hit
>so that I would see the neck split and grow two heads
>DM did not however expect warlock to see this too and ask if he could chill touch it
>DM looks at the warlock as if betrayed
>asks why the warlock would use a cantrip besides Eldritch Blast
>"pretty sure we can't beat a hydra, and my character is a coward, so he's trying to slow it down"
>DM sighs in defeat
>switches perspective to war cleric and rogue who are at the weapon vault with the bartender and his daughter
>rogue and cleric grab all their own weapons and come topside
>meet us on deck as the Hydra heads burst from the water to surround the ship
>>
>>63995461
I see your point, but I just wanted to mention; Isn't listing some of the spells Warlocks already get in the Expanded Spell List more to let you know you can cast them in Spider Form? Based off of what the "Dark Queen's Servitor" section says?
>>
>>63995558
partially yes, but the problem is the feature is garbage, your a warlock, why are you wading into melee? god forbid it even telsls you to use Str or Dex, when Hexblade exists.

if you want to melee as a warlock go hexblade with pact of the blade, even then as we all know hexblade is the Eldritch Blast king, so even then your purposfully limiting yourself picking a melee option
>>
>>63995404
Lolth is a deity. Deities don't make warlocks, they make patrons. God fucking damn it.
>>
>>63995679
>they make patrons
they make clerics*
Fuck me.
>>
>>63995679
>>63995695
Why not both?
>>
>>63995295
If your party is need of more healing, go dreams. If you want more casting, go land.
>>
>>63995295
Could I play a Land Druid like a Hedge Wizard?
I want to carry my own chicken around too, so I can eat a delicious egg every morning.
>>
>>63995469
>DM lets me do something as the Hydra heads raise up
>ask if I can see which rope I'd need to pull on the mast to smack a head with it
>DM lols and lets it happen
>initiative is rolled
>my turn comes up second
>warlock gets first and Chill Touches from a hiding spot
>cast guiding bolt
>fucking miss
>cast sanctuary on myself because holy shit
>Hydra doesn't even target me yet anyway
>war cleric buffs himself with divine favour and swings his warhammer
>crits
>knocks out another head
>thankfully the NPC crew are trying to help, the bartender brought up a blunderbuss
>I didn't even realize we were using black powder setting rules
>war cleric gets targeted for dealing massive damage and goes down in one hit
>not dead
>on my turn stabilize him with medicine check
>other heads kill some crew and the one I hit with the mast rips the mast out
>oops.jpg
>combat continues
>NPC's getting snatched up
>just the party, the bartender, and a small young child with a violin who was playing in the bar shaking in his boots
>been using sacred flame mostly but save DC cantrips suck so barely doing damage
>get an idea
>rogue has been using arrows wrapped in cloth, dipped in oil, and lit on fire
>ask her to hold her fire until my signal and request the bartender throw a barrel of black powder at one of the Hydra heads
>plan barely works
>Hydra goes before bartender
>almost kills him
>knocks himself unconscious throwing the barrel
>rogue takes the shot
>final head disappears under water and the DM says we hear a cracking sound below deck
>"oh fuck that was probably the spine we need to get to the lifeboats"
>DM just looks at me with betrayal
>reveals later he didn't think we'd get to the lifeboats but knew I'd remembered them as soon as I mentioned the spine of the ship
>ask rogue to drag war cleric while I drag bartender
>she obviously agrees
>warlock takes longer because he's still casting chill touch every turn
>yell at the small child to get to the lifeboats
>>
>>63995679
>>63995695
They can make Warlocks. They could need agents to do covert things. A Cleric is too obvious but a warlock...
>>
Bake a new bread
>>
File: 10words[1].jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>63995757
>>63995469
>>63995260
>>63995058
>>
>>63995807
Nah, that's dumb and you're dumb. Clerics and warlocks already have a lot of thematic overlap that leads to confusion. Gods shouldn't ever make warlocks, hard stop.
>>
>>63995822
Only page 7, we've got a little while to chill.
>>
>>63994363
Everyone's proficient in unarmed strikes, anon
I'd suggest limiting the regeneration,because this also just means that you, well, get up every time you're downed unless you're killed outright.
And change the claws and bites to be one thing;
"Natural Weapons: Your claws and fanged maw are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing (if claws) or piercing (if your bite) damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike."
>>
>>63995854
This is why gods can make warlocks and you're just a human. They work at a level of understanding that we can't. A DM can make any irrational decision involving gods and still be justified for this reason.
>>
>>63995757
>final hydra head crashes up through the floor as we scramble into a lifeboat, fucks off into the deep with half the ship
>warlock hits it with one last chill touch as he hops into the lifeboat, spooking the rogue
>get the lifeboat into the water, tell the rogue to throw a rope for the child while I get us away from the sinking ship
>our lifeboat is the only one
>bartender wakes up and asks where his daughter is
>Poe gestures to the ship, "she's either in there" Poe slowly shifts his gesture deeper towards where the hydra ran off to "or"
>bartender demands we go back to the sinking ship
>explain that if we go back we'll all die from the ship dragging us down with it
>session ends and DM sighs
>reveals he's frustrated because he never expected us to do that well
>lolwut.jpg
>he planned for my bullshit because he knows me, but he literally thought to himself "nobody would have taken chill touch"
>we tell him that's his own fault
>laments that he planned for the hydra to attack while we were in the tavern
>the hydra was supposed to be a big scary monster that would destroy our ship and leave us stranded
>he wanted it to reoccur in the future when we were more ready for it
and that's how we learned that CR is complete bullshit, a party of three level 1 characters managed to fight off a CR8 monster to what was essentially a draw, and the DM even revealed even if I think he shouldn't have that the last chill touch brought it's total health down to 2
>>63995838
Never
>>
>>63995854
Clerics and Warlocks only get overlap if you think Warlocks need to maintain a link to their Patron to have their powers.

Once you free your mind about the concept of Warlocks being an Int class in disguise, you will realize Warlocks are arcane casters who have learned forbidden or rare knowledge from their Patron, and do not need the Patron to use these powers.
Their thematical overlap is with Wizards, not Clerics.
>>
>>63995890
>Everyone's proficient in unarmed strikes

I just copied the text from the Aaracokra stats.
>>
>>63995926
Fuck you for wasting my time with that shitty greentext. Kill yourself.
>>
>>63996007
you first fagstain
>>
>>63995926
dont worry i liked the story
>>
>>63996074
thanks, I'm not bothered by the other guy I just like retaliating
I felt like making the greentext since I thought it'd make a good story and it's a perfect example of CR being bullshit, as well as a warning that DM's shouldn't try to over plan.
Thankfully the DM is not turned off to DMing, he did say he was proud of us too and another DM just said "ah yes, the rare mix of pride and frustration with your players unique to DM's, surprising you got it session 1"
I probably went over board with details but whatever
>>
>>63995926
thank you for sharing your story
>>
File: Centaur_0.jpg (179 KB, 461x550)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Why does this majestic creature only have 1d4 unarmed strikes?
>>
>>63995907
>>63995975
That's the sort of smooth brain shit that made them stat tiamat as a fiend instead of a celestial.
>>
>>63994011
I had my players run into a nest of flying fire beetles at one point: they provide light, but don't draw attention from any intelligent monsters.

>>63991640
I dunno if that's exactly what you're looking for, but Divinity 2: OS has a leitmotif that shows up and gets remixed pretty often in various tracks. My mind also immediately goes to the FTL OST, with each track having a 'calm' and 'tense' version, though obviously that's no good unless you're running a sci-fi campaign.
>>
>>63985891
>Who's your favorite party member, /5eg/?
DM for a party of my fraternity brothers, my current favs are
>Human Barbarian who's the rightful heir to a !notViking kingdom, he doesn't care for money and will praise the other party members when they do a good job but will shit on anyone who fucks up in an effort for them to do better
>Dragonborn Sorcerer who took in a dragon wyrmling as a pet and is very protective of which is cool in contrast to both the player and character's temper
>>
New thread

>>63996364
>>63996364
>>63996364

New thread
>>
>>63996209
2.5x the amount of a human?
>>
>>63996428
I mean.... 2.5 if you have 10 str
>>
>>63996719
which the average person does.
>>
>>63996736
how dare you assume my array
>>
File: 1547080935369.jpg (325 KB, 480x2581)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
Why are the Kobold race rules so boring.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>63997361
Because kobolds aren't supposed to be adventurers, anon.
>>
File: 1546975418392.jpg (16 KB, 550x590)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>Roll history at random
>"History Autist"
>"+1 int -6 wis"
>>
File: 1530946171875.png (1.6 MB, 998x1200)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>63997385
Great things come in small packages anon.
>>
>>63997429
Yes, like dwarves and hobbits. Not kobolds, though.
>>
>>63997486
Kobold is hero and anon is a zero!
>>
>>63997429
That kobold is too damn tall!
>>
>>63997556
Kobolds can be up to 3'3 in the rules.
>>
>>63997519
Kobold is 1/8 CR. Kobold is not hero. Kobold net ability bonuses are zero, though.
>>
>>63997429
to think, a furfag thinks his snowflake race of cowards isnt strong enough
>>
>>63997577
All the better for kobolds to not go adventuring.
>>
>>63997583
Quiet Kobold Hater!
-2 str and +2 dex is bullshit tho, even if it can make interesting roleplay.
>>
>>63997616
How are kobolds supposed to be interesting heroes when they're too dumb to even wear proper pants, anon?
>>
>playing reptile races that aren't the lizardfolk
>>
>>63998296
>He doesn't play saurials
What a goober.
>>
File: 1500637111194.jpg (448 KB, 1090x1074)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>63997429
>-2 str
>Manlet
>Sunlight sensitivity
>Big racial ability is crying
>>
>>63998296
>his kobolds aren't doglike
What are you doing?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.