[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: round-cork-coasters-41.jpg (150 KB, 800x800)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
people not using pic related. But seriously:
>anything that's [creature]'s [noun]
Fuck, I can't remember how many Dragon's Claw, Wolf's Bite or Eagle's Wing that I've run into. It's a shite fucking naming scheme and I wish people would stop using it. Even made up fantasy gibberish would be better.
>>
>>63983772
What are you talking about?
>>
Fuck you, Wolf Fang Fist is the best move name in all of Dragon Ball.
>>
File: coaster.jpg (16 KB, 340x270)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>63983772
>ugly cork coasters
Disgusting. I'd rather rest my drink on a literal pile of shit.
>>
>>63983830

While it is, I can't help but feel that Krillin's entire moveset could be renamed to fun euphemisms for "I get 'em in the dick" and have better results than the Kienzan, Destructo Disk, or whatever it's supposed to be called.

>Monkey Steals The Peach
>River Smashes Stones
>Logsplitter
>Underhanded Smash
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>>
>>63983926
So was the kienzan actually shit all along? People only seem to whip it out when they need a one-shot kill and have no other options, is it actually that hard to land the damn thing?
>>
>>63983989

There are two instances of it hitting a target, albeit not the intended target, within my memory.

>Nappa
>Perfect Cell

The former narrowly avoided having his head cut off by Vegeta screaming at Nappa not to be a retard. The latter was just too fucking powerful to be ended with a single blow that wasn't delivered from a plot device shaped like Teen Gohan. If Goku-level threats weren't on the table, the Kienzan absolutely take the place of the Shirtless-and-Wounded-Goku Kamehameha Wave, because it's both terrifying and impressive to behold. Sure, it doesn't have enough screen time to really develop like the Kamehameha and it doesn't seem to possess the same kind of beam-struggle-capable qualities, but I'm sure that a Dragon Ball series without Goku would have found a way to make that magic work.

After all, Krillin is the strongest human.
>>
>>63983989
I think somebody who's good at ki fuckery could have made it a lot easier to hit, although I doubt it would be worth the effort when they could just put that time into improving Dodon Ray. But yeah it's a hard move to hit, slow as shit, small object, barely any tracking
>>
>>63984170

That someone was Frieza, you dolt, and he ended up cutting himself into bite-sized pieces that Goku was too angry to eat.

You know how mad you have to make a Saiyan before he won't eat a nearly-dead alien? You know how bad that nearly-dead alien has to look before a mad Saiyan won't eat it?

Fucking Goku does. Goku and Frieza are the only ones who know at this point.
>>
>>63984798
Frieza didn't die because he had death beam instead of destructo disk, he died because Goku doesn't fuck around. If you gave death beam to anyone that wasn't Frieza, and wasn't on a collision course with Goku, they would have spectacular results with it.
>>
Never change, /tg/.
>>
File: STRONGEST HUMAN.png (594 KB, 624x468)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>63983989
>After all, Krillin is the strongest human.
You and I both know this isn't true.
>>
>>63984919
What was the functional difference between the death beam, the dodon-pa and the special beam cannon?
>>
>>63985434
Dodon-Pa had no tracking in its first incarnations and was slower than eye. It also explodes on impact. A modified version was given tracking by cyber tao and chiaotzu had a version that could be charged like a Kamehameha, and a version that could be rapid fired. It was stated to be more powerful than the Kamehameha even unmodified but I do not remember the source of this.

Death Beam is faster than eye. It can be made to explode on impact, can be fired rapidly, and can track, but it cannot be charged to my knowledge.

SBC is basically the worst traits of both.
>>
This thread went completely off the rails in the most unexpected way, and it’s beautiful.
>>
File: 1492472948209.jpg (76 KB, 353x500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>63985054
But did he manage to get in the pants and have sex in the missionary position for the purposes of reproduction with the best girl in the franchise? No, he did not.
>>
File: Launch_smiling.jpg (17 KB, 474x357)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>63986184
>the best girl in the franchise?
Maybe not, but he got closer than the manlet.
>>
>>63986558
Absolutely fucking based. Launch is S tier and gets no love. She'd be S+ if not for the dual personality thing
>>
>>63985668
>SBC is basically the worst traits of both.
yo, why are you shitting on the beamspam that has closed the craziest gaps in power in the entire series?
>>
File: tien arms.png (254 KB, 640x480)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>63985054
Tien is not human. His third eye and other powers come from his alien ansesters, "the Three eye clan", or "triclopes'".
>>
>>63984118
That scene where Krillin hits Cell in the neck is filler, and not part of the manga canon (whatever that is nowadays). Also, Krillin used the Kienzan to cut off 2nd form Frieza's tail.
And while it isn't directly stated anywhere in the manga, Toriyama once said in an interview that the kienzan can cut everything (though I would have to look up the source for that claim).
>>
>>63984919
Goku DID fuck around which is why Frieza did in fact not die until he met Trunks a year later.
>>
>>63986558
Literally who?
>>
>>63984118
Teen Gohan wasn't a plot device, he was the plot's culmination.
>>
>>63988579
Frieza's kind are just crazy hard to kill, remember he survived being bisected, got a full-force super kamehameha to the face, then the planet he was on exploded.

>>63988604
YOU ABANDONED BEST GIRL FOR YOUR SAUSAGEFEST
>>
File: 1511974316791.jpg (55 KB, 512x512)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
How would orkz fare in the DBZ universe?
>>
>>63988688
Pretty well if they don't come near Earth and if Birus is currently asleep.
>>
>>63988639
I doubt that was a "full force super kamehameha", it was barely even charged. Also, don't forget that beforehand Goku gave him back energy, which is why he could still move around all chopped up.
And about the planet explosion, while that is a bullshit explanation, planet explosions in Dragonball apparently aren't as strong as ki explosions, because Frieza actually planned to blow up Namek while he was on it, and he also said to Goku that he would likely survive the planet explosion aswell, and merely die to the lack of oxigen in space.
>>
File: Cry Tri.jpg (527 KB, 1176x784)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>63988448
> alien ancestors
HE'S HUMAN DAMNIT!
>>
>>63988688
Poorly. Ki fighters in the setting can completely obliterate targets and dragon balls exist.
>>
File: yajirobe.png (269 KB, 399x445)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
mfw this is a dbz thread now
>>
>>63983848
Those are hideous coasters. Mine have Frazetta art on them.
>>
>>63991552
>wood grain is hideous
Opinion discarded
>>
>>63984118
You talk shit about Gohan one more time and see what happens
>>
>>63986948
>implying that the dual personality thing doesn't just make her better.
>>
>>63992253
Imagine if she sneezed during your wedding. That would be fucking horrendous
>>
>>63988579
Yes, I know trunks killed frieza, but wording my post to include that would have looked weird or been longer than necessary. Calm down.
>>
>>63988835
Can't Icers survive in just about any environment, including outer space?
>>
>Person plays a rude, sarcastic, thieving Murderhobo that is insanely impulsive and always tries to squeeze as much money out of every person they find while begging and whining for discounts at every shop interaction
>Person is then startled when they learn no one in the land likes their character
>>
>>63991552
Trash. All trash. NONE of you are patrician. I have a house so ungodly unclean that spilt tea/beer/vodka will only provide some light cleaning. This is the true path.

I like my flatmates but by God they are disgusting.
>>
>>63993844
>Person plays a rude, sarcastic, thieving Murderhobo that is insanely impulsive and always tries to squeeze as much money out of every person they find while begging and whining for discounts at every shop interaction
>Person fully expects a hostile reaction and merely escalates the insults and vagrancies
He's actually good at roleplaying, he just gets really into "it's what my character would do".
>>
>>63983926
So is Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z actually a good series worth watching or what?
>>
>>63984118
By all rights tien should be the strongest
>>
>>63991044
Strong opponents that Krillin defeated:
-
Strong opponents that Yajirobe defeated:
- Great Ape Vegeta
>>
>>63983772
I might be brain dead, but the only instance I recall of that form is:
> Bull's Strength
> Cat's Grace
> Bear's Endurance
> Fox's Whatever
> Owl's Wisdom
> Eagle's Splendor

So what are those "Dragon's Claw, Wolf's Bite or Eagle's Wing" you talk about? MacGuffins'?
>>
Mr. Satan is the world's strongest!
>>
>>63995140
Fuck no, they're terrible. Watch the Dragonball Z Abridged youtube series instead. It cuts out most of the filler shit, adds jokes, and ends up with something genuinely entertaining.
>>
>>63995140
it has it's moments but it is ultimately a kids show, dragon ball encompasses the main character from about age 12 to 20 and is more comedy oriented, DBZ is more fighting and violence oriented, less focused on goku and take place over the next few decades.

There is also Kai, which is a remake of Z without filler but most people will tell you it is worse overall, only watch it if you want a faster viewing experience.
With all of the versions, Japanese sub is better overall but English dub has higher highs and lower lows. Don't torture yourself though, if you don't find anything you enjoy a few episodes in you won't enjoy it later.
>>
>>63995900
That would explain why the DBZA people called their season 1 summary video Dragon Ball Z Abriged Kai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5Rhn8zuPA
>>
File: i'm serious.gif (830 KB, 500x375)
830 KB
830 KB GIF
>>63983830
Yamcha had some really creative powers and I'm sad that he was left behind in the dust.
>>
>>63995099
You're a retard, coasters are to prevent condensation from fucking up your table's varnish or from swelling your cheap particleboard tabletop. It's not about the mess. It's about the actual damage to furniture that coasters help prevent.
>>
>>63996392
Coasters are about preventing cup rings and burning your table surface.
>>
>>63995900
Goku's JP voice is legitimately terrible
>>
>>63996701
/a/ would laugh at you for saying this
>>
>>63995140
Dragon Ball is funny enough on its own that it's worth it. It's got way less bullshit.

Z is kinda sorta funny sometimes but it's mostly just fights, exposition, and screaming. Unironically the easiest (and IMO best) way to get into DBZ is to play the ps2 games, most importantly budokai 3 and budokai tenkaichi 2, those will give you the slightly expanded cliff notes version of DBZ and GT and if you care about accuracy or the show beyond that go and watch the anime.

Don't touch super unless you REALLY like dbz.
>>
>>63985054
Poor Tien. He deserves better than the shit he keeps getting.
>>
>>63995140
It's...okay, but the power creep gets STUPID mid to late DBZ onward.
>>
>>63995662
This, DBZA is good. Their earlier episodes can be a little rough, but it's great once they start getting the hang of things.
>>
>>63997335
it got stupid with saiyan saga to be honest, would have been okay if vegeta stayed the final villain though.
>>
>>63997506
everything after the first super saiyan transformation is pretty poor to be honest
>>
>>63992550

On the other hand, you wouldn't have nearly so many family members to invite to future events.
>>
>>63996701
/a/ doesn't know shit about anime
>>
People who somehow mix up a d4 and d20.
>>
>>63995142
Tien isnt a human
>>
>>63996979

/a/ also hates Boku no Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, your favorite anime, and fun, in that order. Everything is considered entry-level pleb trash, especially your favorite anime.

Meanwhile, Goku's Japanese voice actress made sense when the character was a child and was inexcusable when he became an adult. I'm not a super-huge fan of Schemmel, but he at least seems like an adult voice.
>>
>>63995900
Having watched kai, I think it's a way better presentation that the original anime. Only thing that beats it is the manga.
>>
>>63998142
Can't agree, it cut out almost all the impact frames from fight scenes for some absurd reason like epilepsy risk, which made the fights faster but also feel more slippery and less real and a few of the voices are somehow even worse than the original dub.

It also butchered a few great scenes, like when the kids are told their families are dead during the buu saga in Z their crying sounds fairly genuine in both the sub and dub, but in kai it's blatantly an adult saying '''waaagh'' into a microphone over and over and it's laughable. And Vegeta's sacrifice, one of the best scenes in all of dragonball in the original is made far cheaper in kai because it replaces the whole end of the scene with some pointless exposition about how to kill the villain, something like: ''I realise now I must destroy you by blowing you into a million pieces!''
That's by far my biggest issue with Kai, it trades emotion for exposition as if the audience isn't smart enough to infer things for themselves, and it's worse for it.
>>
>>63996118
Yamcha during the Buu Saga was stronger than SSJ2 Gohan was when he killed Cell.
>>
>>63995142
T ornament of power. who eliminated more opponents?
>>
>>63998939
what? is there a source on that?
>>
>>63998939
he was also stronger than nappa during the saiyan saga, he just held back
>>
>>63996424
Not him but aren't those 2 sides of the same coin? Hot beverages can sear and warp, while cold beverages can freeze or dampen. No sooner would I put coffee on my glass table than a frosted mug...
>>
>>63999453
I dunno, lol, but he seems to think varnish and particle boards are the extent of furniture.
>>
>>63998135
tfw schemmel says he can't do the screaming anymore
>>
>>64000633

He's lucky he didn't end up like Ozzy. Just a mumbling, grumbling, used-up, swearing catastrophe of a human being, somehow believing he's relevant in the modern world any more than King Arthur or some other legendary figure in history/mythology. I hate it for him, don't get me wrong, but it's probably for the best that he realizes he spent his best years voicing the lines that formed a generation of young people's ideas about heroism.

Even if those heroic lines the English dub got were way off-base for Goku's character in the Japanese dub, or even in the manga.
>>
why would I care about coasters? all of my tables are stainless steel
>>
>>63984798
saiyans eat people?
>>
>>63995318
since no context was provided as this is a shitposting thread that OP will not return to, we can only assume that he means any mention at all of an animal's bodypart, even if you're at a zoo or vet office
>>
>>63996979
that's how you know he's right
>>
>>64003590
Bardock and his gang were seen eating the aliens they just genocided prior to the destruction of Vegeta (the planet, not the manlet).
>>
>>64003590

Saiyans eat everything. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only thing they've not been pictured eating is rocks and dirt, and that's only because Goku's earliest days weren't shown while Grandpa Gohan taught him kung-fu when he was at his weakest and most developmental stages.

Just imagine an infant that was equal to a farmer with a shotgun being absolutely bodied by an elderly martial artist, my man.
>>
>>63983772
Hi Bugs.
I can't believe nobody posted the relevant panels of Tails Gets Trolled yet.
The juxtaposition of surreal setting and hyper-realistic dialogue still makes me laugh hysterically.
>>
>>63988570
>filler
kys
>>
>>64004076
>the L on luigi's hat changes directions between panels
there's something new every time you look at these
truly a masterwork of modern art
>>
>>63995140

read the manga.
>>
>>63995140
Dragon Ball's more of a blend of Journey to the West with martial arts, with a healthy blend of comedy. It gets more serious towards the end with King Piccolo, and it's a pretty good watch.

Z ditches almost all of the comedy and becomes more or less another fighting shonen, but ends up ditching the main cast from Dragon Ball besides Goku and Piccolo real fucking fast, and even Piccolo can't really keep up with the bullshit that is Saiyan genetics. Seriously, past Raditz showing up it's all Saiyans, all the time. You're either a Saiyan or you're not a main character. Anyway, it's a lot of screaming and punching fast while a background character tells you what's happening like all anime background characters do for some fucking reason, but the fights are typically pretty decent. Past Frieza (literally the instant Goku becomes a super Saiyan, notice the theme here?) though, the idea of winning through technique or skill is pretty much thrown out the window and it becomes who's the strongest with no finesse or technique required beyond throwing energy blasts. It's probably nostalgia talking but I still enjoyed it even after rewatching recently, but skip the filler if you can. Don't listen to faglords saying you should watch meme shit like abridged, they bastardize the characters and turn them into walking memes. Try DBZ Kai, it cuts out a lot of the filler.
>>
>>63997523
I've always thought that Frieza was the most dramatically appropriate final boss for a series like Dragon Ball. An intergalactic tyrant who can not only destroy planets, but doesn't even see it as much of a loss because he has a million more under his thumb. A man who enslaved the race that both the main hero and the previous arc villain belonged to. A man who is justifiably overconfident on the grounds that, despite ruling an entire galaxy, he has never in his life encountered anyone strong enough to even leave a bruise on him, let alone be a threat to him. A man whom the entire galaxy bows to, lest they be obliterated in an instant. Frieza was a god in everything but name.

Compared to all that, the androids and Cell just seemed like random mooks who were only considered a bigger threat because they arbitrarily had a higher power level. And then it's revealed that that's exactly what they were: creations of the mad scientist of an army that Goku had long since defeated and surpassed. You can't even visually show that they're stronger than Frieza because Frieza could already do the most visually impressive thing possible: wiping out a planet with a move that only uses one finger.
>>64004305
>Past Frieza (literally the instant Goku becomes a super Saiyan, notice the theme here?) though, the idea of winning through technique or skill is pretty much thrown out the window and it becomes who's the strongest with no finesse or technique required beyond throwing energy blasts

Also this. Even after becoming Super Saiyan, Goku still needed to use some strategy to beat Frieza. After that it just became about raw strength and nothing else.
tl;dr series should have ended when they left Namek.
>>
>>64005588
>who can not only destroy planets, but doesn't even see it as much of a loss because he has a million more under his thumb
You mean about twenty seven
>>
>>64005588
>because they arbitrarily had a higher power level.

I was under the impression that they were a harder threat simply because they didn't have an energy signature that could be sensed by Goku and his friends, and they didn't get tuckered out by fighting because they had some kind of generator that maintained a steady output. Wasn't that one of 18's gimmicks, that she would just let a stronger fighter flail around while she dodged, then lash out when they wore themselves out?
>>
>>64006841
That only happened once, when 17 fought piccolo it seems piccolo has a higher power level but he gets tired so he's unable to kill 17, other than that one fight the winner is always the guy with the higher power level
>>
>>64006919

18 vs Vegeta. Result: Broken arm.
>>
>>64008927
18 had a higher power level than vegetable, she was just toying with him.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.