[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1543102101974.gif (836 KB, 500x451)
836 KB
836 KB GIF
I'm going to make this quick
>Dog dies recently in accident that's my fault
>I get fucking depressed. Tell my group I need to stop DMing for the group, but still keep playing in the other groups game
We basically would DM for two separate games and swap games with the group weekly. It helped if one of couldn't DM either because the other would just run theirs instead.
>Encounter dog in game that was DM trying to use as a surrogate to help me out
>Basically George with stats and a character sheet
>I get in a pretty argument at one point with DM's Fiance about the way I'm handling my character's story arc
The system we used encouraged giving each character a story arc or at least a few sessions in the limelight
>Boss encounter. My character and dog are tag teaming
>Fiance decides to kill steal and uses an AoE on the boss, with me and dog in range.
>Boss and dog die
>Pissed off, my character guts his character and he throws a fit, with the DM trying to calm him down
>I hear him say "It was just a fucking dog"
>Pissed off, I stand up, punch him in the face hard enough to tip him over in his chair, and pack up and leave
I'm home right now, typing on /tg/ with some rum trying to process everything while my phone and discord seem to explode. Was I in the right or did I over react? With the exception of one player and the fiance, I really like my group, and me and the DM are close friends. Do you think that I went too far? I dont even want to check the messages... what do you all think /tg/?
>tl;dr my dog died, so the DM gave my character a surrogate dog to help with my grief. Because of a stupid argument, the DM's fiance not only ruined my characters arc but KILLED MY DOG. I killed his character and punched him in the face. Now I'm sad drinking and pondering if I've been kicked or not
>>
>>63399966
Fiance was an ass and the GM's comments were insensitive but cold-cocking your friend for insulting your dog is pretty giga-spergy. If he'd been talking about your mom or something I'd probably say differently.
>>
>>63399966
While you did overreact in punching the guy like that, it is understandable as to why you did so. Just explain the situation and apologize to him.
>>
File: 1536330813125.jpg (32 KB, 222x266)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>63399966
>Never happened
>>
>>63399998
I probably didnt say it right. It was the fiance who said all the shit and who I clocked, not the DM. Honestly, I'm surprised she still puts up with all his shit.
>>
>>63399966
Your a overreacting faggo, but that's what you have to expect with a dogtard.
A game is never a reason to hurt someone.
>>
>>63399998
>>63400005
>>63400062
Think I should apologize then to them all? The whole group as it were.
>>
>>63400153
Yes. You did overreact. Bear in mind though even if you apologize you still probably won't be allowed back in that group.
>>
File: 1523555554651.jpg (52 KB, 484x382)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>63399966
>doesn't want something to die

>uses random dice rolls to decide when it dies

shig
>>
>>63400196
I didn't think I would. Still. It the right thing to do, and I'd be taking the high road. Think I should do it person, or on the discord? I feel I should in person
>>
>>63400294
In person or at least a phone call. Don't do it over text because that's for spineless faggots.

Also make it a real apology. Don't try to qualify it with "but he was mean to me". You punched a guy for disputing your fucking dog's honor. You're the bigger asshole right now. There are legitimate grievances to air with Fiance but now's not the time.
>>
>>63399966
>Do you think that I went too far?
You punched a guy over an imaginary dog.
>>
>>63399966
>Encounter dog in game that was DM trying to use as a surrogate to help me out
Every time someone does this in a game it's a bad idea.

I remember the thread where someone asked for advice on running a game for a kid whose mom just died, and someone suggested creating a DMPC to act as a surrogate mom. Worst idea possible.
>>
>>63400428
>IM YOUR MOMMY NOW, BILLY
>>
>>63400428
Sounds like a story time anon
>>
>>63400568
Sorry, I don't remember any details besides what I posted. Somebody else might, though.
>>
>>63400153
Apologize for punching the fiance in the face, to the DM for doing it doing her session, and the players for having had to see that happen. You could also use this time to explain to the fiance why it was such a big deal. If he's still a massive cunt about it; laugh, call him a heartless prick, and leave.

I wouldn't apologize for gutting his character though, sounds pretty fine to me to kill the fuck for both attacking your character in an AOE and killing your dog.
>>
>>63400153
Start with dm/fiance. Your first words should be "i'm sorry, is he okay?" One punch to the head can kill.
>>
>>63399966
How much do you want to salvage this?
>very much
start apologizing first thing in the morning
>a lot
wait until about afternoon the next day
>meh
wait for them to initiate apologies for the retardation of putting the dog in the game in the first place

honest advice: leave this be for the night
you're riding high on emotions & alcohol, sleep this through
>>
>>63399966
Yes, you over reacted. If you are actually friends with your group, they'll understand why, but you should still apologize.

That said, "surrogate dog" was never going to work out well. Never leave anything you care about in the hands of a GM.
>>
>>63399966
The DMs idea was pretty terrible and the fiance was being a cunt but physically attacking someone is completely over the line and you're the most in the wrong.
Go apologize, take full responsibility and leave the group
>>
>>63399966
You are not a bad person for doing this but unfortunately in this situation you are at fault. Like the guy above said: just sleep on it. Whatever you do, first you sleep on it and wait until your emotions even out and you'll likely feel what is the correct way to proceed.

Less serious, more image-boardy reply, with a hint of sincerity:

>the DM's fiance not only ruined my characters arc but KILLED MY DOG. I killed his character and punched him in the face.

FUCKING BASED
>>
File: MansBestFriend.jpg (111 KB, 1200x1200)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>63400642
this anon is enlightened.

He killed the dog on knowing it was yours and justice was done.

You should apologize for your loss of composure and for punching the player, it was an understandable reaction but you crossed the line.

Butchering his character was the right thing to do, though.
On a side note, I would keep my self away from that guy. You can't trust someone that says "it was just a dog",
>>
>>63400153
>Think I should apologize then to them all?
I think you should double-down. Message them that if they all don't apologize, you will seek them out and punch them all in the face. Even the one's who didn't do anything wrong. It is better to be feared than loved.
>>
File: cute dog.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>63401189
>You can't trust someone that says "it was just a dog"
This is very true.
>>
>>63399966
Doggo>'''Friends'''.
The only thing you've done wrong here is doubting yourself.
>>
>>63399966
Discussion. Fucking DISCUSS your problems with the group. They were a bit of a dick for killstealing, more of a dick for killing the dog, and about and extra half-a-dick for not realizing that it would have pissed you off.
YOU were a dick for flying off the handle rather than making them understand what they've done.
In short, open up those fucking messages and salvage your goddamn friendships you pussy.
>>
>>63401683
>Discussion. Fucking DISCUSS your problems with the group.
There's really not much to discuss here. If the prick who killed OP's dog didn't already understand why it pissed OP off, I doubt some kind of extended discussion would change that.
>>
>>63399966
>pondering if I've been kicked or not
You should be. The other guy's a bellend, but if you're going to get physically violent over that then I don't want you anywhere near me, let alone my game table.
>>
>>63399966
>I'll put in a dog for my friend whose dog just died... and put it in a risky situation where it could easily die
When your DM has -4 Wis.
>>
>>63401877
Well she is a ladyGM. Do we need to add more rules to -4 STR?
>>
>>63401189
>You can't trust someone that says "it was just a dog",
Words to live by
>>
>>63399966
Leave those fuckers
They obviously didn’t give a shit about you
>>
>>63401877
It's not the DM's fault the dog died. They probably could have handled it better, though. Maybe make the dog a spirit or something else that's not easily killed.
>>
>>63399966
You're both the asshole, but you escalated to violence. I get that it's a touchy subject for you just now but you're the one who took it too far.
>>
File: 1431891720343.jpg (214 KB, 345x336)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>63402023
>Maybe make the dog a spirit
>>
>>63399966
This is stupid and you're a retard for punching the guy. You deserve to be left out
>>
>>63399966

The dog surrogate in game was a bad idea int he first place. They probably meant well, but it was a bad idea pretty much exactly because of shit like this.

Given that the GM gave you an in-game dog surrogate specifically because of the hard time you were having IRL, hopefully they will understand that you were in a bad state when it died and why. That said, its probably for the best if you don't go back to that game, at last not for a long enough time that your relationship with both the GM and the fiance has normalized in all other respects.

I have to ask, is it possible that the fiance *didn't know* why the in-game dog was important to you? Because it seems like they might have been in the dark on that.

Sorry to hear about your dog, by the way.
>>
>>63401943
>guy does something dumb
>"that guy is dumb"

>girl does something dumb
>"LMAO why are all girls dumb"

Not even a roastie but come on now. God gave us superior brains and the ability to use logic.
>>
>>63401189

You know, the more I think about it the more right you are. Good job.
>>
File: Cobb.png (246 KB, 518x276)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>63402023
>>63402045
>>
>>63400654
One punch to the head can kill only if you hit them in just the right place while also being strong as hell (or the other person being a basedboy). The dude is probably fine if suffering a headache.

>>63399966 dub-trip-dub checked
Op you should definitely appologise. But you should also keep in mind the fiancé probably didn't know the baggage behind the story and was probably informed afterwards. Yeah you overreacted a bunch, but at the same time he was unintentionally being a massive dick.
>>
>>63402155
Thanks. And I guess it's possible if he has that much trouble connecting the dots. They were all in the game I ran, and I did tell them the reasons I had to take a break. You'd think he would take a guess when the dog showed up in game and took an instant liking to the character.
>>
>>63399966
I'm gonna break this down real quick. For fun mostly.

Irl doggo died and it was your fault. You blame yourself and beat yourself up over it constantly. DM decided to give your character a doggo and immediately you latched into it out of guilt. When you visualized game doggo, you saw IRL doggo. Now, when the fiancé killed the dog, you saw him killing irl doggo and lashed out. All the hate you were directing at yourself transferred over to the guy. This happened, because for just a second, it wasn't your fault.

Tl;dr: rip doggo.
>>
Could the player be jealous that the GM was being nice to you by giving you a dog companion in a way to help you with your loss?
>>
>>63399966
>>Pissed off, I stand up, punch him in the face hard enough to tip him over in his chair, and pack up and leave
You fucked up.
>>
>>63402023
Not sure if this is supposed to be salt in the wound or just autism.
Either way: Good show anon.
>>
>>63399966

Just link this thread in your discord.
>>
>>63400153
I agree on doubling down, but don't do the dumb shit >>63401497 proposes.
Tell them "Not sorry for what I did. I've been in a bad place ever since the accident. Thanks for "helping" me."

Stop responding for a few days to calm your head, don't play with them for a while. Don't play with the fiance at all imo, shit like this shows their true personalities.
>>
>>63401189
That's a really good line. No dog is ever "just" a dog.

They're good dogs, Brent.
>>
>>63399966
>Pissed off, I stand up, punch him in the face hard enough to tip him over in his chair, and pack up and leave
>Was I in the right or did I over react?
You let a game get to you so much you got physically violent. "Over reacting" is a polite way of putting it.
>>
I mean, obviously you shouldn't be playing with those people anymore. If the fiance decided to do something like that while knowing the situation and that you might be fucked up over it, then that's just sociopathic, and he deserved to be slugged. If you simply overreacted to an unaware person by drawing a parallel, then you're an idiot for going so far and not letting the person know.
>>
>>63399966
You shouldn't have punched him, but you had every right to and no one should hold it against you. You should be the bigger man and apologize, but unless he apologizes too you should probably just not be around him anymore. No one who cares that little about your feelings is worth your time.
>>
>>63400428
I don't get the idea behind it anyway, games are meant for escaping the worst parts of our lives. Not bringing them with us when were trying to have fun.
>>
>>63399966
>Do you think that I went too far?
You fucked up pretty bad OP, you assaulted a real person over an imaginary conflict in a roleplaying game. Your motivations are understandable and after you've apologized to both the DM and their fiance and the rest of your party you should then explain to them if they didn't already know why that set you off and that under any other normal circumstances you wouldn't do something like that.
>>
>>63399966
talk shit get hit lmaooooo
ya them white ppl prolly aint havin you back
>>
File: 250x250.gif (453 KB, 250x250)
453 KB
453 KB GIF
>>63399966
you are fucking autistic if this is a true story.
either that, or you are a woman.
>>
>>63403660
sheeiiiit tyrone don't you have anuses to be tongueing
>>
>All these niggers with no fucking empathy
Oh right, I forgot where I was for a moment.
Yas OP, slayy
>>
>you're an autistic sperg for having feelings for a dog, you should beg on your knees for forgiveness for throwing a single punch toward someone who just shit on the memory of a loved one you just lost in several different ways
Lotta cat people ITT.
>>
>>63399966
>not making the dog a familiar that can always be resummoned after "dying"
Your GM had a nice idea but failed to make it a Doggie Sue. If you give someone an immortal companion you could have avoided this.
>>
>>63399966
I'm sure this is fake but holy shit. Can you imagine someone being so ill adjusted and disconnected from reality that they let a dog dying bother them beyond saying "damn that sucks" before moving on. You're not even a man. You're an overgrown child that shirks responsibilities and regresses to games of pretend over silly shit. I cringed just imagining this being real.

And if someone punched me in the face over a game I'd call the police. That lunatic needs to be locked up.
>>
>>63404792
>t. I never had a pet in my life and am a heartless piece of shit that got molested by my uncle and was never loved by my daddy.
>>
>>63404792
The saddest thing in this thread is you LARP'ing at not being a sad little sociopathic fuckstick while simultaneously showing no signs of empathy, and indeed wanting to get your jollies from denigrating someone who's gone through the loss of someone he loved.
Confirmed for never having had a pet, and likely not a lot of interpersonal connections either.
>>
>>63399966
1. DM shouldn't have introduced the dog in the campaign at all
2. DM's fiance shouldn't have killed the dog
3. DM should have ruled that the dog survives via DM's fiat
4. DM's fiance shouldn't be as insensitive
5. You shouldn't have used your fists
6. What has happened has happened.

Now relax, talk to your GM and ask him/her to explain your situation to the fiance and tell him you apologize for going berserk. Problem solved.
>>
File: kim appro.gif (1.76 MB, 219x186)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>63401189
This is a very good post that deserves appreciation.
>>
>>63404547
I have empathy sure, in fact I've been there. family pets and immediate family members of mine have died. but being broken up about your dog does not justify assaulting someone who wasn't even trying to start shit with you
>>
>>63404827
>>63404851
If you're such a child that your world comes crashing down around you when a dog dies, that's embarrassing.

You guys clearly have never experienced real loss before. It's okay to be sad but if your life comes to a screeching halt over a dog dying, wtf are you doing with your life? If you have to regress to some weird denial make believe therapy because you're so immature, that's sad. It's shocking to me that someone would defend assaulting someone else over a game of pretend.

I don't think I'm a sad fuckstick and I think pretty much anyone that knows me would agree with that assessment. I just have actual relationships with actual people and don't need to put all of my affections on an animal to feel like something loves me back. People whose world hangs on their pets have a void in their lives. Change my mind.
>>
>>63405269
I'm with you dude but your up against two groups here, the babbified 21st century kids who actually break down in the face of adversity and think that's normal, and the bleeding heart types who actually value dog lives about human lives unironically
>>
File: Salem.gif (733 KB, 397x298)
733 KB
733 KB GIF
>>63399966

>I over react?
Yes, definitely. But it was justified
Most of your group probably can't understand your feels, because the memories and moments you two lived together are just yours. He certainly was an amazing friend if that argue make you punch someone

My cat died three months ago at age of 15, I still cant manage it well. Actually a tear slides on my face while writing this
>>
>>63399966

adding your dog into the game was a really bad idea...unless it was going to be immortal.

You were right to punch your friend.
>>
>>63405269
>You guys clearly have never experienced real loss before.
Neither have you.
>>
File: 184736474738.png (128 KB, 680x647)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>63405269
>>
File: 1403271182900-2.jpg (53 KB, 550x466)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>63405383
>>63405269
>no u
different people react to loss in different ways. some have healthier or more constructive mechanisms than others. some people can deal with it from childhood, others struggle with it for their entire lives. it certainly doesn't make someone a sociopath if they don't have a breakdown when a pet dies. there are people who have close friends, or parents, or even children die, who deal with it better than that. but some don't! in any case I don't think OP was justified and he or she definitely owns the other players an apology
>>
>>63399966
>suffering from depression
>punches another player

You are literally that guy
>>
>>63405269
I'm not saying I was right in my reaction, in fact I even admit that I over reacted. But when you literally have to watch something you love die because of your mistake, and someone who knows full well what happened gloating over it, you dont really stop and think.
>>
>>63405437
So at first is was "he's a child it's embarrassing" and now it's "people are different you can't judge." Yeah that's about what I expected.
>>
>>63405506
I am not that anon, you dumbass
>>
>>63405290
Thank you for the sanity check, friend. This thread is surreal.

>>63405496
>Someone
It's a dog dude. Grow up. You need perspective so fucking bad it hurts. Your reaction is actually perfectly indicative of your inability to healthily handle your emotions.

>>63405383
>Being able to cope with loss without regressing to the mindset of a petulant 8 year old means I've never experienced loss.

Good mental agility you got there bud.
>>
>>63403404
Well, you could say that having a dog in a game is a way to escape the pain of your real dog being gone. It could be a way to feel like you still have a dog.
>>
>>63405599
Not OP, but even taking the fact it's just losing something, and it's just an animal yadda yadda, you're saying that the fiance didnt deserve to get punched? Honestly the guy sounds like a complete cunt who, even though it was wrong on OP's part, would have gotten some sense knocked into him at some other point, especially considering people get into fights over less
>>
>>63403474
>Your motivations are understandable and after you've apologized to both the DM and their fiance and the rest of your party you should then explain to them if they didn't already know why that set you off
OP explained that the DM put the dog in the game specifically to try and help him deal with the loss of his real-life dog, so she already knows, and I find it hard to believe that she didn't tell her fiance.
>>
>>63405666
I'll agree he was being a huge cunt but he wasn't even toeing the line of what does and does incur assault from a rational and well adjusted human being
>people get into fights over less
dumbasses
>>
>>63405224
>wasn't even trying
>"It was just a fucking dog"
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>63401189
>>63401522
>>63402193
>>63402784
>>63402005
>>63405210

>>63405599
Anon literally said "it's a dog dude"
He cant be trusted in what he says
>>
>>63405269
>I don't think I'm a sad fuckstick
Well, that makes one of us.
>>
>>63405710
if you think that line signifies that the cunt in question was trying to start a fight then you have the emotional intelligence of a downs syndrome child
>>
>>63405720
If you think that line doesn't signify he's a cunt who deserves a good slugging, I think you should go back to putting ice on that bruise OP gave you.
>>
>>63400062
Yikes
>>
>>63404617
What do you expect from /doormat/
>>
>>63405224
>but being broken up about your dog does not justify assaulting someone who wasn't even trying to start shit with you
I think it's pretty clear that the fiance *was* trying to start shit. He went out of his way to fuck OP over in the game, in a context that's very emotional for OP right now, and didn't seem to have even the slightest concern for how it might upset him.
>>
>>63405862
I'm not convinced he went out of his way to aggress against OP but in the case that he did, OP is just weak and stupid instead of also being morally in the wrong
>>
File: 1347478704377.jpg (162 KB, 640x360)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>63399966
>DM introduces surrogate fictional dog
This could have never ended well no matter what happened. That is such a stupid move I have no idea how to even frame it as something a person that can talk and blink at the same time would do. That said, the punching was too far, yeah. Just pack your stuff, tell them to drink bleach, and leave. As far as what now, yeah, apologize for the strike, but stand firm on their own line stepping. Maybe you can both call it even and move on.

Also just stop engaging the mentally ill unable to sympathize with the loss of an animal companion. There is nothing to be gained, and we have no idea the complexities and damages they live with. Regardless of what you tell them they are going to act like they are some super mature, super cold hard-ass with as many emotions as their sexbot. Let them yell at the wall.
>>
>>63399966
You definitely shouldn't have hit the dude, even though I'm of the opinion if you don't want to get hit you probably shouldn't do things to get people to want to hit you and I'm mostly ok with violence in some situations. Also, to the all the faggots screaming about assault: you're upset because you like to be antagonist little fucks and the only thing that saves you from the beating you so justly deserve is the fear of arrest.
>>
>>63405599
>Someone
>It's a dog dude.
Dogs were more than just animals to people since the very dawn of mankind. After tens of thousand years, Forming extremely strong bonds with our dogs is literally hardwired in our genes. We have found cavemen graves with dog bones that indicate that the buried dogs suffered from dieseases that would kill them in weeks without human care, and yet survived for years despite being useless from purely utilitarian point of view and a burden on tribe resorces. Unless you are dealing complete sociopath, dog will always be
>someone
to his owner on the gut level.

>Grow up.
"Grow up" is favourite nonargument of immature people. You know that, right?
>>
File: 1543245457062.jpg (142 KB, 768x1024)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>63399966
It's just a fucking dog.
>>
>>63405988
>That is such a stupid move I have no idea how to even frame it as something a person that can talk and blink at the same time would do.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but if you read the thread you'll discover it was a woman.
>>
>>63399966
You should try to have more self control, punching someone in the face over some words is stupid. But after that experience I wouldn't want to play with those folks again.
>>
>>63406082
Your entire post was you not saying anything, . If you think dogs are people I'm not sure we can have an adult conversation. If you think resorting to violence over a game of pretend is acceptable ever, I'm not sure we can have an adult conversation.

Your subjective experience doesn't give creedance to your argument nor do caveman bones lmao
>>
>>63399966
So, how did you kill your dog?
Why didn't anybody ask the question?
>>
>>63406252
Yeah, how did you kill your dog, and what system were you playing in the game?
These are important details.
>>
>>63406125
>cat ears
>cat meme shirt
>pretend to be a dog
>>
>>63406245
>violence over a game
It wasn't violence over a game, it was violence over someone being a cunt. Don't want people to hit you? Don't be a cunt. I'm aware that may be a foreign concept to you.
>>
>>63406286
Because being a cunt on the internet is without any consequence, and very few people here actually interact with other human beings so they're not used to social norms like not being a cunt.
>>
>>63406286
The law doesn't excuse assault for cunty behavior, i know that might be a foreign concept to you.
>>63406252
Answer this , OP.
>>
File: 1443379214996.jpg (53 KB, 403x403)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>63405988
>super mature, super cold hard-ass
okay dude, sure. when I was 9 my cat died. I was really busted up about it, for like three days. when I was 11, my dog died. I was gutted - for like a week. then I went back to living my life. sure you feel a twinge of grief every now and then, but the joy of the happy memories I have with them grew to outshine the pain of loss with time. I certainly was never in a mental state where I would have thought it was acceptable to hit someone because they belittled the imaginary specter of my dead dog that existed in a game of Dungeons and Dragons. if that makes me a "super mature, super cold hard-ass", then, okay I guess I am! but I really do not fucking think it does
>>
>>63406318
>The law doesn't excuse assault for cunty behavior, i know that might be a foreign concept to you.
Oh I'm aware, doesn't change the fact that if you're a cunt to someone, you can't get that upset if they deck you. But you would.
>help big daddy government I was a cunt and someone shut me up help how could this happen
>>
>>63400428
Oh no little timmy you rolled a 1 now that means mommy is going to be forever left in the orc cave to produce offspring for their army
>>
>>63406375
Boo hoo, his dog died. Keep your hands to yourself, you dumb animal.
Also, in case you forgot, he actually is the one who killed the dog. Still waiting on how that happened to poor widdle doggo, OP. How'd you do it? Leave some chocolate out? Backed up the Pontiac over poor Mr Puppers?
>>
>>63406414
People like you that fear violence so much are absolutely weak cunts, without exception.
>>
>>63406460
People like you who defend assault over games of pretend have something wrong with you, jack off to the thought of battering your spouse or whatever and stop posting your brainless thug-opinions here
>>
File: here's your you.jpg (12 KB, 222x200)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>63406414
>>
>>63406503
Violence is perfectly acceptable in some situations, albeit not in OP's situation. He shouldn't have hit the dude, but I understand why he did. Now run along you weak little bitch and continue the rest of your milquetoast life, never actually living.
>>
>>63406503
I bet you used to try and win against the bullies in your school by calling them apes didnt you?
>>
>>63406414
I laughed harder than I should have at this.

>>63406375
>Being this immature.
You really have a lot of growing up to do.
>>
>>63406545
>>63406534
>>63406460
t. 400lb LARPers that think because they bully their nerd friends that they're tough.
>>
>>63406549
>You really have a lot of growing up to do.
Grown ups understand the value of not being a cunt and that not everyone cares about being arrested, so it's best to not be a cunt to people.
>>
>>63406572
I was in the Marine Corps, actually. I did violence professionally.
>>
>>63406572
You are wrong im 550lb not 400lb you loser
>>
>>63399966
Then a stripper came in and blew you.
>>
>>63406594
Oh my fucking god you’re hilarious
>>
>>63406623
Nah, I could definitely see a group of people that have difficulty managing their emotions doing all of this.
>>
>>63406594
Did you kill anyone?
>>
>>63406638
Yes and by that you mean you're sitting there silently and haven't laughed at anything, but you're trying to convey belittement.
>>
>>63406646
His dog
>>
>>63406691
Hey, when someone tries to actually seriously pull the “I was a crayon-munching jarhead boot, respect me” card it is actually funnier than you give it credit for.
>>
>>63406594
Jesus Christ I'm so sick of the Marine ego. Every insecure beta 18 year old with a 25 asvab joins and gets told they're elite. You guys are a joke.

>I did violence professionally.
Cringe.
I bet you were a mailman or a cook.

>>63406605
I'd believe that.

>>63406575
Grown-ups can handle adversity and don't fling into an autistic rage every time things don't go their way.
>>
Tell them that you're sorry, but not today. Wait a tleat till tomorow evening
>>
>>63406781
>Jesus Christ I'm so sick of the Marine ego.
I'm sorry that we're better than you in every conceivable way.
>>
>>63406807
And yet you'd still have to salute me.

Literally only Marines think Marines are cool. Everyone else knows you're a joke.
>>
>>63406897
>And yet you'd still have to salute me.
I wouldn't actually, I'm out now officerfag.
>>
>>63406929
From culinary specialist to line cook.

Truly a Cinderella story.
>>
>>63406897
>Everyone else knows you're a joke.
>t. Armyfag
>>
>>63406982
>implying the Marine Corps still has cooks
I wasn't a cook, but stay salty bootenant
>>
>>63400153
not gonna judge you since I would have likely done the same, but yeah, you should say sorry
>>
>>63406717
So you're the OP
>>
>>63406999
Absolutely. Turned down an AF commission for an Army one.

What are your career prospects bud? No one wants a broken e-4.
>>63407015
That's a funny way to spell sir. Still laughing at the "I did violence for a living" line.
>>
>>63407139
>That's a funny way to spell bitch.*
>>
>>63399966
>>I hear him say "It was just a fucking dog"
A lot of anons seem to be missing this part.
>>
>>63407139
>t. is a jrotcfag
>>
You're pretty much a professional sperg at this point OP. Hope that this never happened.
>>
>>63407234
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but nah.

>>63407170
Front leaning rest position, move.
>>
>>63400294
>I'd be taking the high road
Nnnnnno, no the spaz autist who fucking punches someone cannot take the high road. You are impolitely escorted off of the high road. That's not an option for you anymore.
>>
>>63407292
All officers are bitches. None of you actually do anything.
>>
>>63407311
Well, he's not an officer, he's in JROTC.
>>
>>63407214
Still doesn't justify punching someone, you literal sperg? That guy could have said "I'm fucking glad your dog died, I wish I could have raped its sweet canine corpse" and OP isn't justified to punch him.
>>
>>63407333
>OP isn't justified to punch him
I mean, he absolutely is.
>>
>>63407311
Spoken like a true peon.

I make sure the people under me are doing things. It's pretty exhausting.

>>63407330
Lmao like I give a shit whether some ex-cook e-4 believes me. Hmu when you got a combat deployment under your belt junior.
>>
>>63407356
>I make sure the people under me are doing things.
No, your staff NCO does that.
>>
>>63407356
>Hmu when you got a combat deployment under your belt junior.
I have several, you let me know when you graduate high school.
>>
So did this spergy little dog killer come clean about what happened to the dog yet? that's the only part I'm interested in at this point, he's completely in the wrong, obviously.
>>
>>63407410
Lmao I'm sure. Keep larping it up.

>>63407389
If your PL didn't do just as much oversight as your PSG then he failed you. My PSG and I do just about the same amount of interpersonal management. I just have WAY more behind the scenes shit to take care of.
>>
>>63407478
>I just have WAY more behind the scenes shit to take care of.
Officers fucking with officers isn't anything that's actually important, because in the off chance you're actually solving a problem instead of causing one, it was a problem caused by another officer.
>>
>>63407478
>Keep larping it up.
>Hello Mr. Pot
>>
>>63407346
The law says otherwise. And manliness says otherwise - you're really going to be so weak as to let someone's words rile you up? The weak man throws the first punch, and that's the only thing which justifies the strong man throwing the last.
>>
>>63407581
>The weak man throws the first punch
This is something that weak little faggots are told so they don't try to start fights in which their asses will be kicked.
>>
>>63407333
>That guy could have said "I'm fucking glad your dog died, I wish I could have raped its sweet canine corpse" and OP isn't justified to punch him
Try to imagine the mindset that would not only give birth to such a repulsively sociopathic thought, but would also deem such a thought fit to speak out loud.

Now, imagine how such a person with such a mindset operates in their daily life. Imagine the misery that they have brought - and will otherwise continue to bring - to the people around them.

Best case scenario: getting punched is the wake-up call that forces them to reevaluate how they view and treat other human beings.
Acceptable scenario: they change their behavior because getting punched hurts.
Worst case scenario: they're an irredeemable sociopath who relishes in being the victim and provoking others, in which case they deserve no sympathy at all.

If you still think that it's okay to say anything you want without repercussions, then you are probably broken yourself.
>>
>>63399966
This dog seemed to have meant a lot to you man, and you seemed to have projected some very powerful emotions on it. While a punch to the face is extreme its understandable.

Try to call up the friend explain to her why you flipped, and you're sorry. But won't apologize to the fiance as he was being an unnecessary asshole.
>>
>>63407610
>But won't apologize to the fiance as he was being an unnecessary asshole.
I'd still apologize for hitting him, because I imagine OP had a lot of anger at himself that he was at that moment directing outwards. And I say that saying not shedding any tears for the faggot who got hit.
>>
>>63407581
>The law says otherwise.
Worst case scenario OP would have been arrested. I'd bet good money charges wouldn't be actually filed, even if the cunt who got hit cried about it to the DA's office.
>>
File: 120.jpg (36 KB, 600x600)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>63407333
>"I'm fucking glad your dog died, I wish I could have raped its sweet canine corpse"
He's not only justified to punch that dude, he's justified to beat the shit out of him if he said that.
>>
File: 832957382.jpg (91 KB, 701x877)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>people are still replying to the trolls claiming that OP was acting childish in the same breath that they kick a grieving man while he's down from the safety of an anonymous marcrame society
>>
>>63399966
You have such little control of yourself you attacked a man over the death of an imaginary animal. At least you're self-aware enough to conceive that you're in the wrong. Now you just need to realize it's not actually a question of if you're wrong. You were wrong, best not to do it again.
>>
>>63407333
How does it feel to be such a pathetic Omega?
>>
>>63405743
Sure you'll feel the same way when somebody cleans your clock for saying something stupid off the cuff.
>>
>>63404827
A victim of child molestation would actually be much more likely to form a crippling dependency on the life of an animal than would a mentally healthy person. U a dum fag.
>>
>>63405383
I've had several pets die: one guinea pig, one dog, and one cat. It's sad but sure as hell no reason to get violent.
>>
>>63408096
Cruel != stupid

>>63404827
>mocking victims of sexual assault and neglect while questioning someone else's empathy
????
>>
>>63405718
You can't handle the idea that anon isn't a sad lonely nerd because it would imply that people less emotionally fragile than you are not sociopaths, just regular people while you are a soft cunt.
>>
>>63408212
>while you are a soft cunt.
>cries about some faggot getting hit once
>>
>>63407333
eh... I'm pretty sure that crosses the line into fighting words, actually
>>
People in this thread are either in one "he's right" side or another "that's so wrong" side.

Can you try to imagine what both sides feels? Can you just for a minute, image what is like to be in the shoes of the one you think is wrong?
If you can, the world would be a better place for living, because we gonna have less extremists
>>
>>63408270
>People in this thread are either in one "he's right" side or another "that's so wrong" side.
No, pretty much everyone has said either "He shouldn't have hit him, but I can empathize with why he did" and the other is reeeeing because they're so fragile that the thought of someone being somewhat violent scares them.
>>
>>63405269
>If you're such a child that your world comes crashing down around you when a dog dies, that's embarrassing.
>your life comes to a screeching halt over a dog dying
>If you have to regress to some weird denial make believe therapy
Literally none of this happened. Did you reply to the wrong thread?

>Change my mind.
Oh, you're le epic ironic "lol caring about literally anything is cringe af" memer. What a fucking miserable existence. Do us a favor and go back to r*ddit or tumblr or whatever fuckhole you crawled out of.
>>
>>63406575
>not everyone cares about being arrested, so it's best to not be a cunt to people.
concealedcarry.jpg
>>
>>63403911
>"I've never had an emotional attachment to another living thing and therefor am incapable of empathizing with you"
>>
OP did nothing wrong, should have continued to attack and press his tactical advantage while rallying neutral parties at the table to his cause.

Anyone who says other wise is an autist that never had pets desu
>>
>>63408380
I can empathize, never said otherwise. I didn't say his feelings were invalid. but OP behavior as described in post is still 100% spergotron
>>
>>63407608
>If you still think that it's okay to punch anyone you want without repercussions, then you are probably broken yourself.
>>
>>63408466
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>63407682
Then you don't know what you're talking about. OP would never see jail time, but with a room full of witnesses a fine and community service would be no contest.
>>
>>63407814
>people who disagree with me are just trolls, I can't possibly be wrong!
>>
>>63408523
>Then you don't know what you're talking about. OP would never see jail time, but with a room full of witnesses a fine and community service would be no contest.
Nigger, ever hear of officer and DA discretion?
>>
reminder that it's always okay to hit people as long as you're willing to put up with the consequences
>>
>>63408435
Reacting violently to someone cruelly disrespecting the death of a thinking, feeling living being that you developed an emotional bond with over a period of years that you are currently grieving is not exclusive to the autism spectrum, or to any mental illness for that matter. It's a reasonable and not unexpected behavior.

Now the fiance's behavior? Genuinely spectrum-worthy. If they are actually autistic and they simply don't understand social interaction and how their words are perceived by others, then that could potentially change the situation.
>>
>>63405743
>>63406286
>>63406375

>>63408308
>nobody has advocated violence
Some people in this thread are of the position that punching the DM's fiance was a good and righteous action. That's where the disagreement comes in. Meanwhile you're deliberating mischaracterizing people who disagree with you by claiming they just fear violence, presumably to emasculate your opposition. You're exactly the kind of person anon is speaking to when he says you should consider the other side's point of view. There's more than just fear to dislike violence in a civilized society. Some people genuinely believe a man should have control over himself and take responsibility for his action.
>>
>>63399966
Explain yourself, but don't apologize. That was an appropriate level of violence for the situation, and if her fiance was being a smug cunt over a little fight he'll lord an apology over you. You did nothing wrong.
>>
>>63408719
talk shit get hit
>>
>>63408719
>Some people in this thread are of the position that punching the DM's fiance was a good and righteous action.
I was two of those. I also said repeatedly that he shouldn't have hit him. Now fuck off faggot.
>Some people genuinely believe a man should have control over himself and take responsibility for his action.
They do, OP seems to be doing that. If he came on here and gave the same exact scenario and ended with
>and then I decked the faggot, no one insults my doggo! amirite /tg/?

I would have called him a faggot.
>>
>>63408750
this is so much easier when people prove my point for me
>>
>>63401497
>>63402733
>>63401526
Sounds like a really good way to burn all your bridges at once for no real benefit beyond an immediate, but transitory, feeling of superiority. OP escalated the situation at every point, from murdering the character (justified, but extreme) to cold-cocking someone in the face over a game of pretend (unjustified). Would your dog want you to be all alone and stewing in a pit of rage?
>>
>>63408719
>mischaracterizing people
>presumably to emasculate your opposition
>>63407581
>manliness says otherwise
>so weak
>The weak man
>the strong man
???????
>>
>>63404617
It's a dog. I own a dog, and I love it, but in a survival situation where I have to choose, he's dead.
>>
>>63408818
>one anon said stupid shit about manliness so it justifies my side of the argument assuming everyone else is a coward!
???????
>>
>>63408798
>to cold-cocking someone in the face over a game of pretend
I know you autists understand emotions about as well as you understand that anime is always shit, but here's was actually likely OP was actually upset about.
>anger at himself for the dog's death
>cuntist game behavior
>"It was just a fucking dog."
Now the last part was important. Because I'm while I'm sure the fiance was referring to the in-game dog, OP was hearing "it was just a fucking dog" about is actual dog. So again, while I don't think OP should have hit the dude, I understand why he did it, because the fiance was being a cunt(albeit it's also possible, he wasn't actually aware of how much of a cunt he was being).
>>
>>63405666
>people get into fights over less
I saw two bums get into a fight over a stale cheeseburger, RIGHT AFTER someone gave them enough money to buy dinner. People will fight over anything.
>>
>>63408827
What the fuck even is this post? WHo is talking about survival situations? Why do you feel so smug about your willingness to kill your dog that you are compelled to bring it up in a completely unrelated discussion?
>>
>>63399966
>punches a friend over an imaginary dog
>not even your own fucking dog
>an imaginary dog
>is a reason
>to punch your friend
>>
File: doomguy this.gif (1.35 MB, 143x345)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
>>63405269
Actually this.
>>
>>63399966
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63408989
be sure to kill the other guy first though
>>
>>63408854
I understand why he did it; he had a moment of emotional weakness and lashed out. That is not justified behavior; almost all evil in this world begins with a moment of emotional weakness. Ultimately, however, it WAS over the game; that was the incident that caused him to act the way he did.
The healthy reaction to a moment of weakness is to own up to it and accept the consequences, whatever they might be. The unhealthy reaction is to double down on it and demand everyone else apologize for your actions or else you will do violence to them.
>>
>>63408984
It's also completely irrelevant to the OP.
>>
>>63399966
You physically assaulted a guy because of a fictional dog. Yeah, you fucked up. How is this even a question? Are you retarded?
>>
>>63409040
Butthurt OP. Learn how to cope with bad shit like a normal human being.
>>
>>63409022
>he had a moment of emotional weakness and lashed out. That is not justified behavior; almost all evil in this world begins with a moment of emotional weakness.
You are an absolutely enormous faggot.

>The healthy reaction to a moment of weakness is to own up to it and accept the consequences, whatever they might be. The unhealthy reaction is to double down on it and demand everyone else apologize for your actions or else you will do violence to them.
No shit Sherlock, that's what OP appears to be doing.
>>
>>63402023
DM should've had the dog reveal itself to be a fae-Lady in disguise. Tank the fiance's attack, then morph into voluptious noble fae form and seduce OP. Replace his grief with sexual confusion.
>>
>>63409055
1. Normal human beings are not very good at coping. If you weren't so young, you would know that.
2. OP did not have a psychotic break because his dog died. He was fine until someone did something fucked up, which is irrelevant to his ability to cope.

I hope this made things easier for you to understand.
>>
>>63409066
I don't see why repeating the cornerstone of almost every religious and philosophical view of evil makes me an enormous faggot.
>>
>>63409152
>I don't see why repeating the cornerstone of almost every religious and philosophical view of evil makes me an enormous faggot.
Of course you wouldn't, you're an enormous faggot.
>>
>>63408678
>Now the fiance's behavior? Genuinely spectrum-worthy. If they are actually autistic and they simply don't understand social interaction and how their words are perceived by others, then that could potentially change the situation.
Given that the fiance's behavior seems like a pretty clear case of petty revenge against OP for doing something with his character that the fiance didn't like, and that that revenge took the form of indirectly mocking his grief in a precise way that would require enough empathy to know what would really bother him, I don't think it's a case of autism. The guy's just a prick.
>>
>>63399966

I'd have punched him in the face too, and good on you for doing so.
>>
>>63409140
>someone did something fucked up
Nearly anyone with any experience in roleplaying games has had a character die because of another party member's mistake. You don't completely ruin the atmosphere by flipping out and getting violent over a game. Additionally they only made things worse for themselves by going along with the GM and to bring something personal into the game. What they did was no different from sperging out because somebody killed the fetish character they just had to insert into a group experience.

Of course you and OP are cut from the same cloth, you're completely incapable of owning up to being the problem (except when you want to wallow in self-misery because being sad is mature or some dumb shit).
Call it autism or immaturity, but they're the problem here.
>>
>>63409040
No, I think the idea that OP is a giant man-baby is very relevant. Being sad over the death of a pet is normal. Engaging in some sort of extended roleplay with the dead dog that causes arguments IRL and ultimately results in committing physical violence is creepy and weird.
>>
>>63408851
Not him, but he was pointing out the hypocrisy of condemning other people for trying to win the argument with shaming language while simultaneously using the very same shaming language in your own argument.
>>
>>63409257
>>63409276
It's okay to just admit you didn't read the OP, anons. If you'd like, you can do so now and rejoin the conversation, or you can simply leave the thread.
>>
>>63409310
>You're misunderstanding me!
Like I said you can't see yourself as anything other than a victim.
>>
>>63408854
>Now the last part was important. Because I'm while I'm sure the fiance was referring to the in-game dog, OP was hearing "it was just a fucking dog" about is actual dog. So again, while I don't think OP should have hit the dude, I understand why he did it, because the fiance was being a cunt(albeit it's also possible, he wasn't actually aware of how much of a cunt he was being).
And then, ironically enough, the fiance demonstrates how stupid his statement was when he himself becomes enraged at his character being murdered. Doesn't seem like he would've responded well to "It was just a fucking RPG character."
>>
>>63400062
>from a dogtard
Go fuck yourself sub-human.
>>
>>63409310
Did you read the OP? Here, let me give you the highlights.
>OP killed his dog
>OP quit DM'ing in grief
>other DM gave him a copy of the dog OP killed
>OP proceeds to throw the entire game's narrative out of whack to role-play with his dead doggo
>dog eventually dies because attacking high level enemies with a regular dog is a retarded idea
>OP physically assaults another player for demeaning a fictional dog
It's fucking appalling that people itt are pretending OP's behavior is in any way justified or acceptable.
>>
>>63409487
>OP proceeds to throw the entire game's narrative out of whack to role-play with his dead doggo
There's nothing to indicate that. You're just assuming it.

>dog eventually dies because attacking high level enemies with a regular dog is a retarded idea
No, the dog died because the DM's fiance murdered it by using an AoE attack that he knew it would be hit by.
>>
>>63402321
So you told him that you were ending the game he was playing in due to the loss of your dog, and then his fiance while DMing gave you a dog and he didnt think it would be a big deal to kill the dog and assumedly your story spotlight enemy at the same time, and hurt you? He sounds like an insufferable shit bag, to then follow it up with "it's just a dog" is border line mongoloid. You were still wrong for punching him, you never do that. You should feel ashamed.
>>
>>63409487
What exactly gave you that idea? Nothing about what OP said would imply that and even if it were the case the player killing the animal is a dick move and OP isnt at fualt, the DM would be.

The dog was killed by an attack from a player not an npc and the players attack was already a dick move meant to take away the final blow on OPs story highlight enemy. As OP stated the game they were playing took turns highlighting certain PCs.
>>
>>63409487
What is it that makes you distort the information given to you?
>>
>>63399966
You'll have at least half a dozen dogs over the course of your life even if they all live a full life span.
No idea why people go so crazy over one, even as a dog person.
>>
>>63409801
Most people here are young enough to be on their first dog if they got it a bit into their childhood.
>>
>>63409487
Improve your reading comprehension
>>
>>63409801
Becuase people develop a deep personal connection with their pets and become attached to them as part of a well understood physiological process.

You say your a dog person but based on your comment.i think you mean to say that you've had dogs/lived with them and enjoyed them but never actually developed a deep connection with the animal.
>>
>>63407478
Not caring for your subordinates, belittling them and getting off on forcing people to salute your rank is the best way to have your subordinates disrespect the shit out of you behind the scenes, doubt your competency and ultimately foster insubordination. A superior needs to be feared second and respected first and foremost. Just the fact that you managed to get commissioned doesn't make you officer material, and this behavior would absolutely disqualify you as a leader rather than a boss your men hate.
Hopefully somebody higher up notices how much of an insufferable cunt you are and confines you to pushing papers as the secretary of a superior officer for the rest of your career.
>>
>>63409616
>>63409745
You guys need to learn how to read. OP literally talks about how he was arguing with the other players over de-railing the narrative to focus on his creepy surrogate dog.

Players tag each other with AoE's all the time. It's a natural tactical choice given the player's perfect knowledge of each other's hit point totals.
>>
>>63399966

What do you fucking think? Do you think it's okay to punch someone over your hurt feelings? Instead of saying "Hey bro, I am grieving, can we not?"
>>
>>63410076
>You guys need to learn how to read.
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you.

>OP literally talks about how he was arguing with the other players over de-railing the narrative to focus on his creepy surrogate dog.
No, he talks about how he had an argument with only one person - the fiance.

>Players tag each other with AoE's all the time.
They don't do it with the intent of killing each other like this guy did.
>>
>>63410076
>>63410200
And now that I think about it, if he did know how much HP the dog had left (and thus whether or not it could survive the friendly fire), that serves as further proof that he was deliberately trying to kill it.
>>
>>63405988

Motherfucker, not everybody is a bitch like you. I've owned animals all my life. My first cat, Soros, died when I was 10. My second cat, William, died when I was 13. My dog, Zinga, died when I was 17. Another cat, Chewie, died when I was 26. I haven't gotten a new pet yet, because of my living conditions. But! I grieved over it, was upset for a while, and then moved on with my life. Yes, I still remember them and yes, they were the best - but I'm not going to break down because of it, and I'm certainly NOT going to punch somebody over an animal.

If you legitimately think that the life of an animal is worth hurting another human being, you're a fucking retard who should never reproduce.
>>
Nice blogpost fag I'm going to throw a big block of Cadbury old gold into my neighbour's yard just for you
>>
>>63408911
He punched his DM's fiancee after said fiancee was being a dick to him. Was he in the right to punch the guy? No. Did he have a good reason to? Yes.
>>
>>63410285
>If you legitimately think that the life of an animal is worth hurting another human being, you're a fucking retard who should never reproduce
Its not about the life of animal. Its about the person you are dealing with.
Deliberately taking on someones animal death is fucked up game. Unless guy doing that is literal assperger unable to understand how people work, he knows damn well that kind of talk is emotional gut punch. And yet he goes for it. So that pretty much defines your "human being" you are dealing with as literal human shaped pile of shit.

Now there are a lot of reasons why punching a pile of shit is not right thing to do, mostly because it splatters and covers everything. But you know what? While its neither smart, nor rational choice, its pretty damn understandable. Not because of dead pet, but because punched guy is massive dickbag that wasliterally asking for it.
>>
>>63400030
now i'm more confused. can you draw a diagram?
>>
So how did the OP kill his dog? Actually was it even his own dog? It just says
>>
>>63411323
OP turning into a spastic retard over a dog that he didn't even know would be the perfect twist. Everybody's trying to out virtue signal each other about how empathetic they are towards dogs, and OP's out there murdering random pets and then forcing his play group to engage in ritualistic kill fetishization.
>>
>>63405269
here [You] go
>>
having no regard for animal life, imaginary or not, is a sign of serious sociopathy; you were right to hurt this person
>>
>>63411467
The whole attempt at catharsis by surrogate roleplay dog thing just seems weird as fuck to me in general, but here we are. I guess one way or another this late in the thread there's no telling when it comes to the details.
It's always possible the OP was just using some dead dog talk to get close to the GM and the fiance was getting pissed off, and nobody really gave a shit about the dead dog all along. I mean say what you will about the guy he punched, but at least he didn't kill anything
>>
>>63410076
Here's a (you) for the low quality bait
>>
>>63406245
>adult conversation
Yeah, no kid your going to need to hand me your ID, because no "adult" ever mentions how and when they have "adult" conversations.
>>
>>63401189
"Just a dog" gets me everytime. Dammit anon, I didn't need feels, I'm at work. Reminds me of a children's story everyone reads in school here from 1897 with the same title.
>>
File: 1541017197129.jpg (107 KB, 775x1031)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>63399966
Take a break and evaluate whether they are worth keeping as friends or not. Imo they should be apologising to you and if they won't then the answer is pretty clear.

Also feels really bad anon. My dog will chase a car whenever he gets the chance so if I fuck up with closing my back garden gate or if I let him off the lead outside he'll almost certainly get hit by a car and it'll be my fault.
>>
>>63399966
Fiance was an asshole. You made a comprehensible mistake, but mistake nonetheless. The mature way of solving the situation is to apologize, explain your reasons and ask him to stop poking your open wound. I doubt he will budge, but if the DM doesn't do anything about it then you should leave, you're playing with kids.
>>
>>63410285
Watch out, we're dealing with a badass here.
>>
>>63406594
>Marine
>>63406781
>>63406807
>>63406897
>>63407015
>>63407311
>>63407330

How about this? You're both retarded for fighting for the national interests of a small state on the Levant.
>>
>>63410704

>I value the life of an animal more than a human being.
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>63409204
Maybe the fiance's just a murderhobo, and this is his first time encountering the concept that wantonly killing things might not amuse the table.
>>
>>63415116
Can you give us your address so we can head over to where you are and kill your current dog?
>>
>>63419620

You know what? Sure. Go ahead. I'll make sure I'm nice and ready. Do you like 9mm wounds or bearshot?

2930 West 30th St
Brooklyn NY 11224

You know why I feel safe posting this? Because you're too much of a pussy to actually come down and do something, you faggot pedophile.
>>
>>63420215
Be sure to post a timestamp and proof of address that so that nobody actually ends up swatting the wrong house.
>>
>>63420268

>implying SWAT would come down to the ghetto where I live
>implying the person who calls the SWAT team isn't gonna go to fucking federal prison
>>
>>63409487
>It's fucking appalling that people itt are pretending OP's behavior is in any way justified or acceptable.
What's so awful about a punch? It's no better or worse than saying something hurtful.
>>
>>63420615

>being this much of a brainlet
>>
>>63420615
>What's so awful about a punch? It's no better or worse than saying something hurtful.

I mean, it's assault. Would it be 'just a punch' if when the guy's chair fell over he'd hit his head on a tile and suffered brain damage?
>>
>>63420642
>being this terrified of a little physicality
>>
>>63420673

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/battery#

Definition

1. In criminal law, this is a physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another person without that person's consent.

2. In tort law, the intentional causation of harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent.

I am seething with how stupid you are. This is grounds for a lawsuit. I know the OP probably killed himself while fapping to his dead dog, but technically? The fiancee could sue the fuck out of him. And she would be both within her right and morally justified, because someone who screeches autistically and punches someone in the face over an animal is either a child or a fucking criminal.
>>
>>63399966
You both overreacted and were in the right, Anon. You shouldn't have done what you did, but why you did what you did is completely understandable to any normal human being (especially ones who have owned a dog), and the fact that you're showing regret over it is likewise a good sign.

Talk things out with your friends, apologize for what happened (and hopefully the DM's fiance will apologize too), and move forward.
>>
>>63420743
>and punches someone in the face over an animal is either a child or a fucking criminal.

Clearly, no dog you have ever interacted with liked you. Seriously, while you're completely right that there is 100% grounds for a successful lawsuit here (and even a strong argument to be made that OP SHOULD be sued, though it's not one that I'd make personally), the idea that someone who reacts like this over their dog's death is "autistic" and somehow mentally deficient, is itself a sign of autism and mental deficiency.

I mean, Jesus Christ, dude, it's a DOG. It's man's best friend. Especially in European traditions, your dog is a member of your family.

Never trust someone who doesn't like dogs.
>>
>>63399966
You punched a human being over an imaginary dead dog in a make belive game, yes, you are the idiot in this scenario, and as you said, the ACTUAL animal dying was your fault.
If you are to be belived in this post and on that part in particular then you did nothing but take out your buthurt on your fellow players, if i was your gm then you wouldnt be playing in our table anymore. But as you said he is your friend so i doubt he'll ban you, your ass is on the clear.
>>
>>63421160
>Clearly, no dog you have ever interacted with liked you. Seriously, while you're completely right that there is 100% grounds for a successful lawsuit here (and even a strong argument to be made that OP SHOULD be sued, though it's not one that I'd make personally), the idea that someone who reacts like this over their dog's death is "autistic" and somehow mentally deficient, is itself a sign of autism and mental deficiency.

He punched someone over a fictional dog in an RPG.
>>
>>63421160
I trust someone who kills a dog less than someone who says a vaguely mean thing about dogs
>>
You were in the right-ish? You should talk to the GM, explain that you had an outburst. You're in a rough spot etc etc
>>
>>63421160

>your dog is a member of your family.

I understand that down in Redneckville it is both acceptable and encouraged to fuck your family members, but please don't let the whole world know about it. Like I said earlier, I owned animals all my life, and will be getting one in the next 3. But they are just that. Animals. They are not members of your family.

Holy shit, you fucking manchildren need to experience real loss.
>>
>>63422136
Does your inability to feel empathy impair your life a lot anon?
>>
>>63422136
Would you be more unhappy if your neighbor punched you or if he killed your dog?
>>
Christ, all these people using terms like "physical violence" or "assault" or "hurting another human being." It's just a punch to the face, even if you use bigger words for it. Sure it's a bad thing in general, and you should expect consequences, but it's not like it's the worst thing you can do. We're all just creatures of passion. Sometimes people get punched, and sometimes they deserved it, and sometimes you're an asshole. No need to make a bigger deal out of it than it is.
>>
>>63422242
Not him, but what does that have to do with anything? Obviously the dog dying, but that doesn't really apply to the OP's situation. A better comparison would be:
Would you be more unhappy if someone punched you or insulted your dead dog?
>>
>>63422288

So someone should just accept being punched in the face because they killed a dog in an RPG? No, if you're punching people over stuff in an RPG, you're the asshole.
>>
>>63422201
>Punches a guy over imaginary dog (THAT HE KILLED IN REAL LIFE) in a make belive game.
>Gets called out on his bullshit.
>Does your inability to feel empathy impair your life a lot anon?
>FOKIN WUT?

>>63422242
He didnt kill his fucking dog, op killed the fucking dog, this guy was at most rude over an imaginary dog in an imaginary game and responded to it with ACTUAL violence you dense fuck.
>>
>>63422299
But I was told in this thread that people are ALWAYS worth more than animals and if you ever care more about an animal than a person you should commit suicide or something.
>>
>>63422365
People are worth more than animals. "Defending the honor" of a dog you yourself killed by chimping out on someone who was rude about your surrogate RPG dog is pathetic at best. This doesn't somehow contradict feeling bad about a dead dog. However, if you can't fucking contain your feelings a little better than that you're better off kept away from people
>>
>>63422365
You shouldnt comit suicide, you should probably take a long hard look at yourself and think about where it all went wrong.
Also, if i was betwen getting punched by a guy or a guy comming to my house and punching the TV broken i'd preffer he punch me as well.
>>
>>63422313
No, that's what I meant by "consequences." You don't have to accept anyone punching you, but it's still just a punch.
>>
>>63422412
Barring a complication like smashing your head and bleeding to death, institutionalization does far more harm to persons than punching them in the face.
>>
>>63422420
Wow, you value objects more than people? I'm afraid I'm going to have to call the state and have you put down.
>>
>>63422412
One outburst doesn't mean he "can't contain his feelings." Everyone has moments where their emotions get the best of them. That doesn't mean you've crossed some line and are beyond hope.
>>
>>63422458
i value a 1000 dollars object more than a bit of momentary pain, also, the dog is property you crook
>>
>>63422462
Yes, and we are not suposed to defend them, we are suposed to call them out on it.
>>
>>63422486
Yeah sure, I'm just saying unreasonable actions aren't the exclusive domain of unreasonable people. If you punch someone, you should be called out on it, not treated like an emotional landmine, or like any reasons you did have are meaningless in the face of your unspeakable crime (of punching someone in the face... the horror!).
>>
>>63422462
It's not like anyone here actually knows the guys history, so the "just one time" point is pretty flawed. Personally I do think he crossed a line, where they have to worry about the little faggot freaking out now, which is a cancer to a fun group dynamic, but those things can obviously still heal over time.
>>
>>63422588
Not once has op shown any remourse for his actions, has he?
He should be the one apologizing to the other player instead of complaining to a bunch of people in a 4chan post who will forget about this in 12 hours flat
>>
File: FE1.png (23 KB, 81x71)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>63401497
>>63402733
>>63408798
>Never read Machiavelli's 'The Prince'
>>
>>63422603
That's a fair point. Still, these seem like unusual circumstances. Depending on how well his group knows him, one incident may or may not be enough to change their opinion of him. I don't feel like if one of my friends pulled something like this I would be all that put out in the long term, but what do I know?
>>
>>63422656
Most of what I remember about it was a lot of bitching about mercenaries
>>
>>63422676
>With the exception of one player

Someone who does that and then goes on to write honestly about shit like this is not going to get any sympathy.

Also, am i the only one starting to belive this is just a bait by some douchebag who is now enjoying watching us bicker about his post?
>>
>>63422023
OP was at fault for an accident that resulted in the death of the dog, they didn't kill it on purpose. Work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>63422642
Either way is fine. I don't really care. If he decides not to apologize, then it's one guy punched and a few bridges burned. All in the natural course of human affairs.

>>63422715
Not sure what you're intending to imply with your second quote.
>>
>>63422718
Accident could mean all sorts of things of varying severity, but the OP also said it was his fault. Work on your reading comprehension
>>
>>63422762
He dislikes one player over being rude about the dog he slaughtered, he is the one to blame here, and you are not only chearing him on his behabior but you are downplaying it as well, it is true, he just got punched in the face, its not that big a deal, neither is it to be rude about a dead dog, nor is it to kill a dog.
>>
>>63422313
Why the fuck is everyone saying it was because of a game of pretend dog? It was about real dogs. The asshole was punched for saying "it was JUST a dog". I would punch someone for saying "it was just a nigger" even if he was talking about a nigger in a videogame. That sentence makes it about real dogs.

Because my negro died and it was my fault.
>>
It was also a retarded and insensitive move on the gm's part to try to make the player cope by introducin an npc of his dead dog into the game without realizing the dong might die later. But thats besides the point.
>>
>>63422811
Now you are compareing dogs to black people, you are just burrying yourself deapper nibba
>>
>>63422835
thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>63422811
I mean... i agree, but still
>>
>>63422821
I don't know if insensitive is the right word here. It's so incredibly stupid that I can only see it being done with good intentions.
>>
>>63422859
boiledeggs.txt
>>
>>63422859
For once we agree, but i reiterate, op is indefendable in this scenario, he is just taking out his frustrations over a mistake he feels guilty about with a guy who was at most kinda rude and at best he was just refering to the imaginary dog.
>>
>>63399966
Apologies for physically assaulting fiance, mention the fact that your emotions for your dog clouded your judgement, but it wasn't justification for assaulting someone. Privately look into counselling maybe idk. But also if fiance is a dick about the whole thing and you're invited to play with the group again, i'd probably decline.

If both parties are unable to empathise and recognise each others emotions and be mature about how to process things, then this shit'll probably happen again so it's not worth your time.

Sorry about your dog dude.
>>
>>63422892
/thread
>>
>>63399966
>tl;dr my dog died, so the DM gave my character a surrogate dog to help with my grief. Because of a stupid argument, the DM's fiance not only ruined my characters arc but KILLED MY DOG. I killed his character and punched him in the face. Now I'm sad drinking and pondering if I've been kicked or not
You made my day OP, this sounds like something out of a sitcom.
>>
>>63407333
Shit, i'd punch that guy
>>
>>63422791
I mean, I'm downplaying it as a response to people going on about "physical violence." It's still a big deal as such, as are all those other things you mentioned.

>>63422811
kek but also agreed.
>>
>>63422642
>Says the board will forget in 12 hours flat
>Still discussing a thread that got resolved nearly two days ago

Anon, I dont know how to tell you this...
>>
>>63400062
No real man takes disrespect like a bitch.
>>
>>63400153
No. There are other groups. Find a better one.
>>
>>63400196
No big loss. Move on.
>>
>>63400389
He was disrespected. Man up.
>>
>>63400428
This. Dont you play make believe games to get away from your shit lives? No one wants to play a game where you deal with real life problems.
>>
>>63425247
If he wasn't being such a bitch about his dog in the first place none of this would have happened. Kind of late for the "man up" card.
>>
>>63400654
Yea and cellphones give you cancer. What a fag.
>>
>>63400991
Just end it. You dont have to make amends with people you'll never see again. The worlds a big place.
>>
>>63401526
This is the right answer.
>>
>>63402302
I think most one punch kills are probably from a resulting fall, so it would probably be apparent if there was any serious injury then and there. I really doubt the guy was very injured either way
>>
>>63401733
None of my friends would even begin to do this to each other. These people arent his friends. Fuck them. The punch was deserved.
>>
>>63401774
Your shitty disrespectful sjw table? Fine by me.
>>
File: 1335845593643.png (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>63400153
Seems to me like you're only really at fault for punching them, which I can empathize with given that the situation was probably pretty stressful given the back and forth already there. My best guess would be that in the moment you felt like they were egging you on and picking on you by dropping the AOE?

Either way, apologize for the punch and say you should have been an adult and left, more if you feel like but the punch is the only mistake you made.
>>
>ITT : bait taken

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.