[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Any of you listen to tabletop rpg podcasts? I like to listen to podcasts while I paint and I’m looking for some good ones to start listening to.
>>
>>63364803
Critical hit is good, especially the early stuff.
>>
I like system mastery a lot, even though many people would consider them "sjw's"
>>
>>63364803
Hello From the Magic Tavern.
>>
>>63365133
fuck off with that SJW trash
>>
>>63364810
Seconded, it does feel like the group is well and truely done with 4th edition in the current season though.

I also enjoy the Arcology podcast for Shadowrun stuff and the Grognard Files for a monthly nostalga fix
>>
>>63368032
I've been catching up with it recently, not on the most recent season yet though, how do they seem done with 4e?
>>
>>63365133

Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
all podcasts are cancer.
>>
>>63368085
Combat is a real slog now they are getting up in level and they seem just burned out it and ready to move on. That could be me projecting but they have said the current season will be the last in the campaigm
>>
I like the C team
>>
D&D is for Nerds doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>63368713
C Team just doesn't click for me personally.
RIP Acq Inc Classic though.
>>
Daily reminder advertising and begging are bannable offenses
>>
File: 1536138641231.jpg (46 KB, 520x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>63364803
People will screech about Chapo Trap House but I really enjoyed the tabletop series they did as it was genuinely funny.

Are there any other Roleplaying podcasts ideally done by comedians that are actually funny?
>>
Anyone listen to the Adventure Zone? I can't tell if I like them or not
>>
Are there any good cyberpunk podcasts out there that aren't 3 guys mumbling into a $2 microphone?
>>
Bards & Nobles is one of the more realistic "group of normal~ish nerds" playing a game with decent sound quality.
>>
>>63370128
>chapo trap house
>no traps
thats reason enough to get shitstains like you nailed on a cross
>>
>>63364803
goldteam.podbean.com
They get better each episode, and the rotating GM thing is an ok idea
>>
>>63372401
Neoscum
>>
>>63364803
I run Midgardia over on YouTube and Twitch.
Here's a big ol' list of everything we've done. http://midgardia.com/games
>>
>>63365133
System Mastery probably doesn’t get the recognition it deserves for being one of the few really in depth archival programs in the community. And it’s not really that SJW, they’re just averse to the rampant sexism in old games
>>
Glass Cannon Podcast. They play Pathfinder and Starfinder.
The Glass Cannon is the original one, but many say that Androids & Aliens is better for newcomers and they progress a bit faster in the story.
>>
>>63375828
Androids and Aliens is more consistent roleplaying alongside a more compelling story, plus their new player is delightful!

Actual Plays (aka they play the game on the podcast.)
>Glass Cannon Podcast
>Androids and Aliens
>Arcology Podcast
>Crit Squad
>NeoScum
>The Adventure Zone

For more informative podcasts,
>The History of England
>The Neo-Anarchist Podcast
>>
>>63375314
The problem isnt them being sjws, is that they are californians and can't help acting super-offended at inane shit you should just laugh at. If you feel the need to angrily point out that FATAL's sexist/racist ruling is wrong and doesn't actually represent real life you need to calm the fuck down and enjoy schlock.
>>
>>63375314
>they’re just averse to the rampant sexism in old games
so they are pearl clutching nannies, okay
>>
D&D is for Nerds is good, it’s far more relaxed than most others D&D podcasts.

The Jarren’s Outpost series are some of their best stuff, I can highly recommend it.
>>
>>63377430
I'm sure that there are other examples that could prove your point but FATAL isn't it. FATAL is a ridiculous product but it's written with complete sincerity, and its author goes out of his way to try and establish that he's written the most realistic roleplaying game of all time. So one should be willing to engage with it on that same level, which is when it circles around from being "hilariously bad" to being genuinely terrible.

System Mastery isn't a show about making fun of obscure or bad roleplaying games. It's a show about analyzing them and figuring out what makes them tick. That's why each show ends with the three questions (Favorite Part, Least Favorite Part and Would You Play?) because it means that you need to find the something good in even the worst game, and in the case of The Worst Game you need to isolate the one thing that stands-out.
>>
>>63364803
If you search after podcast witch talk about tabletop rpg (not just few guys playing), I recommand you "Ken and Robin talk about stuff".
>>
File: contemptuos bitch.jpg (17 KB, 152x151)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>63377430
>mfw constant "seduction skill should work for same gender as well" ranting
>>
>>63379020
so what if they try to seduce a straight target? do they convert them into being gay?
>>
File: 512.png (200 KB, 512x512)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>63364803
25 Years of Vampire: The Masquerade - A Retrospective. They've pretty much been covering all Masquerade stuff from the very beginning. RPG books, that is. I was massively disappointed when it turned they liked v5, though.
>>
>>63379040
No, their point of complaint is skill description saying that seduction skill can be used on members of the opposite gender. That's it.
>>
>>63379040
The key point of contention is that, rules as written, it makes it impossible for any kind of homosexual seduction. That said, SM's argument for that point in particular is "sure, if I'm good enough I should be able to at least try." In a fantasy world with magic and dragons why shouldn't a male character be able to Jojo so hard that an otherwise straight male NPC gets hot and bothered.
>>
>>63370633
I liked them a lot until the whole arc made to add backstory. TAZ was lightning in a bottle because I dropped their new season pretty fast
>>
>>63379450
Is the new season that bad?
>>
>>63379550
I only listened to about seven episodes but it just didn't hook me like the last one. Partially it's the system I don't care for but more than that it doesn't have the same charm the first one did for me. I loved that it started as Mines of Phandelver and turned into an interdimensional macguffin quest with magical drag races and evil game shows. I guess that's the cost of fame though, now they sew the seeds early about an epic adventure and it hurts the charm, at least for me
>>
>>63378882
>isn't a show about making fun of obscure or bad roleplaying games
Its not the main point, but there sure are elements to it, and the tone reflects that most of the times. If it wasnt the case there wouldnt be a comedic skit in that same episode (which i enjoyed).
Its not that they shouldnt point out that the guy's writing is retarded, but sometimes it clearly gets under their skin which really is detrimental to the listener enjoyement. Its 7 in the morning on a train, I dont need to hear more angry people.
To point out what i feel is a better execution of the same concept, I direct you to "372 pages we'll never get back", a podcast on reviewing shitty books.
>>
>>63379044
they shat pretty hard on the two newest books. Bob seemed like he wanted to rant about rudy but held back. I dont agree with everything they've said but as long as its their genuine opinion its all good.
on a side note, I always felt that Nathan has more of a Bob voice and Bob more of a Nathan one, if it makes sense.
>>
>>63379550
Not that anon, but I honestly think they're trying too hard. They're trying to recapture what the first season turned out to be, when they should be focusing on playing a fun game and making some goofs. The appeal of the Mcelroy brothers (besides their unique sense of humor) is the fact they're all family that's damned close together, they don't need weird narratives they just need something to bounce off of
>>
>>63379977
>Its 7 in the morning on a train, I dont need to hear more angry people.
Then listen to their more positive episodes like Gamma World or RIFTS. They goof about a lot, yes, and they have a lot of bias when it comes to certain things (they hate systems like CoC where PC's are rather weak with a SEETHING passion (Jeff has stated multiple times he "doesn't get why someone would want to play a dirt farmer"), hates advantage and disadvantage systems, despises rolling for stats etc.) but unless a system is aggregiously bad, something like prime directive, Synnibar or FATAL, for the most part they're not too negative
>>
>>63381895
And actually they loved Synnibar because of how crazy and original it was, even though it was also terrible. When asked "Would you play Synnibar" they answer was "Yes, but only if it was being run by Raven C.S. McCracken."

The real issue with Merits and Flaws systems is that they usually aren't well thought out and are easily gamed. If you take "Nemesis" as a flaw all you're doing is giving yourself points for being more important to the story.
>>
>>63378975
Seconded
>>
>>63379215
>In a world with nukes and tanks, why should the average person be allowed to own a pistol?
>>
>>63379550
A lot of the fun from the early parts was that they were playing a crunchy system with lots of rules badly, so people were casting spells in bad places or misunderstanding what items did after using them.

The stuff after they stopped playing dnd is shit because people playing narrative systems badly isn't funny, and Griffin's not a good enough writer to make good drama.
>>
>>63377717
Good taste

Also if you're not listening to Hey DnD, It's Me, Adam you definitely should be, their arc postmortem discussions are the best i've heard in an actual play podcast. Also there's an episode where Adam tries to explain the book of erotic fantasy to an increasingly confused Ralph
>>
>>63377430
This. System Mastery is probably my favorite podcast about RPG's in general. They have a lot of really insightful analysis and discussion about game mechanics and the purpose they serve between lampooning terrible rules.

I can't find another RPG podcast that tackles mechanics to that depth or is willing to see the good in a bad game.

I don't ever really feel like they have an agenda so much as it just being a product of their environment.

I think I first noticed it going through their backlog with the review on Maid. I was super hyped to hear their opinions and they spent a lot of the time hung up about the concept of the game in general.

But ultimately it felt to me more like they didn't get the joke or notice all the references the game itself was having fun at.

Not everything can be as universally comedic to everyone, I suppose. Not every game can be as hilarious as Haven...
>>
>>63387452
>I think I first noticed it going through their backlog with the review on Maid. I was super hyped to hear their opinions and they spent a lot of the time hung up about the concept of the game in general.

they sound like insufferable cunts to be honest
>>
ODAMcast, they play dungeons the dragoning.

It's funny to be an outsider to see how crazy that game gets at times.
>>
I personally like the Play Better Podcast. They hit a pretty impressive cross-section of games, and balance out analyzing the games with the actual plays.
>>
>>63387452
...City of Violence.
>>
File: shake.jpg (10 KB, 261x193)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>63370128
I'd rather have a Cum Town tabletop episode that probably would just involve them fucking each other or just fucking Adam's character who can shapeshift into a ladybug.
>>
haha I cast pod XD
>>
there's a monster in my podcasts
not really, Gary desperately needs the shit kicked out of him, and Koles too nice to do it. Why does everynerd from the Midwest turn out to be apologizing schoolmarms?
>>
>>63393545
Shit, I didn't know they did a tabletop podcast, I only know them from WoFF

What specifically do you hate about them? What egregious examples are out there?
>>
>>63393582
It's not really a full tabletop podcast, just Gary and Kole going through a bestiary entry by entry and riffing on them. So far they've done the ADnD monster Manuel, a book from late 90s shadowrun, and are into a CoC book. about 5-8 mintues, three times a week.
>>
>>63375828
>>63375898
Second the Glass Cannon Network. There might be more dramamtic APs out there, and there might be funnier APs out there, but GCP combines compelling story and dick jokes better than anyone else out there. It feels just like a Saturday afternoon around the table with your friends.
>>
bump
>>
If you like Star Trek or space drama games in general, Ophion and Arcadia are good podcasts. They're the longest running STA games out there and don't nearly get the love they deserve.
>>
File: 1543864954319.png (252 KB, 363x464)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>63377430
>defending FATAL in any capacity
>>
I dunno if they count but I like listening to live play Podcasts. The Unexpectables, TFS at the Table and Ties that Bind in particular. Anyone recommend any VtM or VtR live play podcasts?
>>
File: 1504810946473.jpg (132 KB, 690x720)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Milkrun: Shadowrun actual play. Good group, fun characters, just started their fourth season

Party Roll: Another good group, more about the completely off the wall sidetracking and fun group

as >>63388478 stated, ODAMcast can be fun, but since they had to change their setup the audio's gone to shit
>>
>>63364803
I listen to Acq Inc, Acq Inc the C-Team, I want to get into the Waffle Crew on Dice Camera Action after repeat exposure to their team via crossover with C-Team. I thought Adventure Zone was okay, but acknowledge that it turned into Griffin's Novella Story Time for the end march; though I still enjoyed it as a conclusion. Started listening to Flintlocks & Fireballs and so far have liked it.

I also listen to Dragon Talk, not for gameplay but I enjoy the lore segments and I've like Shelly since her D&D adjacent books of Confessions of a Part Time Sorceress and Everything thing I needed to know I learned from D&D.

>>63366438
Heh, that's a funny fucking show. Not strictly a game but an improv comedy show about a guy from earth trapped on a fantasy land hosting a podcast where he interviews people from that land.

I've put together a stream show on twitch and youtube to play some games with friends who've I've long promised a campaign and finally made good on, but every couple of episodes we hit audio problems and I doubt you guys want to watch a fat divorcee DM for the members of a group of cosplayers who previously formed an animu dance troupe.
>>
>>63393545
Because they felt (note not were, but felt) in someway ostracised by the small Midwestern place they grew up in. Then they ran away to the big city with the rest of the numale faggots.
>>
>>63400305
Why does that make their podcast better or worse?
>>
>>63396481
Milk Run is great, I have conflicted feelings about Party Roll though. While I admire how they do capture the "normal group of friends meeting up n having some fun" man some things just get on my nerves (Mind you I haven't listened since halfway through the third campaign, so it's been a while).

One for sure is half the time they're repeating memes they've heard online, and the fact most of their characters has one joke, espeacilly the one girl in the group that had ONE FUCKING JOKE WITH THEIR CHARACTER (not to mention she just reused the character from another campaign BECAUSE IT WAS SO LE RANDUMB FUNNY). Not to mention the GM was really meh at many points, that weird inclusion of sanity rolls at the end of the 2nd campaign was so out of left field even the players were clearly incredibly bewildered

But hey, I think they're on their fifth campaign or something now? Maybe they're much better
>>
>>63364803
Why would you listen to someone else playing gamed instead of just playing them?
>>
>>63375314
>they're not SJWs!
>they just take up a moral crusade against anything that contradicts their unrealistic dogmatic world view

I don't think you understand what an SJW is, which is fitting since you are one.
>>
>>63365133
This is the only podcast I like, despite one of them going hyper sjw once in a blue moon. Like, I get it, some of that shit is offensively stupid and racist or sexist in a very genuine way, but don't get so personally offended by it. Talk about it, state your opinion by all means, it's your shitty podcast, but don't come off as so hyper sensitive. Because sometimes they are, good lord.
I'm also 100% certain they are /tg/ regulars, because they keep referencing old AND new /tg/ memes.
>>
>>63401563
>Get offended by stupid shit and bitch on it on their podcast
>IT'S A MORAL CRUSADE
You are one stupid nigger. Are you even aware you are doing exactly the same right now, or are you too inbred for self awareness?
>>
>>63401576
I actually don't remember them referencing /tg/ too much. Like I know they have in the past, though I can't think of any specific examples. Can you point any out?
>>
>>63401563
>racism is pretty bad guys
>IT'S A MORAL CRUSADE
what
>>
Ballad of the seven dice is pretty cool. Jumped in to the most recent episode, which was 20 minutes of two detective PCs essentially playing a CSI police procedural, investigating a crime scene where the main party started some shit. Then it cuts back to the main party of adventurers and goes into how the crime scene came to be. Some pretty good roleplay. Fun to listen to. Forgotten realms if anyone cares.
>>
I really like Fear The Boot a lot, but it might be a bit too safe and boomer-y for some people.
>>
>>63401611
Human males are stronger than human females, and it makes sense for RPG rules to reflect that. You gonna cry about it? You're complaining that humans are statted too realisticly, and you'd rather stats reflect your political beliefs. No wonder you listen to this crap.
>>63401653
Nice moving goal posts lol. What happened to it being about muh soggy knees?
>>
>>63401611
If you get offended by "sexism in old tabletops" then congrats, you are an SJW and you are ruining this hobby. The world would genuinely be a better place if you died today. Congrats.
>>
>>63401653
You bigot, how DARE you say that orcs get a -2 on intelligence
>>
>>63401748
>Human males are stronger than human females, and it makes sense for RPG rules to reflect that
What if I want to be an amazon
>soggy knees?
What?
>>
>>63401800
>What if I want to be an amazon
By all means. You'd probably be stronger than the average man. I don't care about what you want to have in your campaign, or how you want to stat it.
>What?
Misogyny, muh soggy knees
>>
Tabletop Escapades with Easy Allies
or
Tabletop Adventures with Gametrailers
I think they're pretty funny
>>
>>63391903
This would be ideal. I feel like tabletop is a really good way to riff for an hour. Sucks that the overlap of people who make me laugh and people who play games is so fucking slim
>>
>>63401748
No I’d rather my fantasy RPG allow for a wider range of character options. If you’re penalizing 50% of all possible characters then you’ve got a bad game. Does the ability for a female character to be physically powerful somehow ruin the experience for you? Because that’s pathetic.
>>
>>63401748
>M-muh -4 Str
You are a reactionary retard. Do you know why? Because gender based stat modifiers weren't the things they bitched about.
Ram a spoon in your ear and die, please.
>>
>>63401779
>I don't like thing
>YOU DESERVE TO DIE FOR THAT
Are you a leftist by chance? Because you sound like one.
>>
File: TSUactivated.png (589 KB, 751x751)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>>63402487
could we just collectivly accept that there's this common type of person we all know who is addicted to finding things to be mad about (predominantly politics) and these people exist on every end of the political spectrum.

I cant even hate their political stances anymore, its irrelevant, I just hate interacting with these people.
>>
>>63402462
The best was in Fantasy Wargaming where the writer applied a strength penalties to all female animals, including ones where the female of the species is significantly larger and stronger than the man. That’s a good review.
>>
>>63364803
Yeah, my friends are starting a vtm podcast of their game, and I’ve listened to the first episode and plan to watch the rest. It’s comfy
>>
>>63402462
And you will never name the actual thing that they complained about, because that would make your SJW politics look ridiculous. Go on, whine about sexism is tabletops like the cancerous moron that you are.
>>
>>63402462
also
>it's far right wing politics to not throw a hissy fit over RPG rules that reflect reality in one way or another

You people are a tumor on this earth.
>>
System Mastery is pretty good, I really like their Gamma World episode, along with their Fantasy Wargaming episode and their live Shadowrun episode
>>
>>63402487
If I was a leftist I would be championing important social issues by whining about sexism in dungeons and dragons
>>
Does anyone know a gaming podcast that's less serious. I.e. mostly jokes and people fucking around and trying to he funny
>>
>>63403201
I'm about 6 episodes into "Not another d&d podcast" and it's not terrible for that. Key word, *trying*, to be funny. Hit or miss. Some pretty good gags with this "green teen brigade" which are like junior paladins of pelor crossed with the boy scouts. One of the characters is trying to collect merit badges, so he can become a full fledged junior paladin.
>>
>>63364803
It isn't an actual play of an RPG but listen to The Letters Page. It's essentially going into the characters and setting of the Sentinels of the Multiverse super hero setting. It is astounding the amount of backstory and effort that is behind that card game. But now that they are about to put out the roleplaying game set in that universe, it is now RPG related. I heavily recommend it, especially if you like super hero stuff.
>>
>>63403201
System Mastery, Party Roll
>>
>>63404182
Don't listen to system mastery unless you have dyed hair and hate white people though
>>
>>63404241
But anon, I'm a cis straight white male and I actively listen to and enjoy it
>>
40k badcast is pretty good, although I kinda wish they would have stuck with making fun of the lore a bit more and abusing emperor's children players like in the first few episodes
>>
>>63364803
Well, I recently started listening to Fantasy Shorts but I haven't yet formed an opinion on it. So far though, it appears to be the only GURPS podcast with some actual effort put into it.
>>
>>63370128
Nerd Poker was pretty good and has some professional comedians on board but I didn't stick with it
>>
>>63403201
Neo-Scum. Every episode and every cast member is hilarious.
>>
>>63403029
Honestly the sexism stuff is an outlier. The biggest pet peeves for the System Mastery hosts are probably badly designed Merits and Flaws systems and endless and needlessly granular skill lists, as well as combat systems with so many moving parts that they become unplayable.
>>
>>63404241
I disagree. Listen to it until you dislike it. It starts out really good. Recent episodes are not quite as... memorable I guess. I dunno. I'm still listening but I'm mostly waiting for them to do Warhammer Fantasy or Dungeons the Dragoning or Malifaux rpg. Something I recognize.
>>
>>63405041
Their last couple of episode haven't been good, yeah, but I think they've just gotten a shit streak with incredibly boring and generic RPG's, either liscenced shit or heartbreakers. I think it's about time for another big hitter or something more out there.

personally I'm waiting for Abandon All Hope
>>
>>63404876
>And it’s not really that SJW, they’re just averse to the rampant sexism in old games
I don't know dude, that's a pretty huge red flag. Nothing wrong with picking apart stupid features, but only a absolute cretin would unironically use the phrase "the rampant sexism in old games" and expect to be viewed as a reasonable human being instead of a brain-dead zombie defending SJW bullshit.
>>
>>63404876
Do you know anything about this "White Ween"? I see on their twitter that they're implying (or maybe just wishful thinking) they had something to do with it being canceled. I'm curious to know what that's about and I don't want to have to comb through hours of podcast only to find out that it was the usual leftist twitter crybully censorship trying to ruin people's careers for saying something some basic normie conservative shit.
>>
>>63405318
They don't say "rampant sexism in old games". In fact they don't even mention the -4 str meme when talking about the old D&D editions. The only game this ever comes up in is Fantasy Wargaming as it's a very important part of its mechanics, and as such important.

Whether or not you think the gender mechanics in Fantasy Wargaming: The highest level of all are REALISTIC, I think it's easy to agree that they're BAD game mechanics, which is what they talk about
>>
>>63405391
Who's "They"?

The reason white ween was cancelled was due to the recent V5 controversy. Not going to go in depth or give out opinions, but basically people think the game promotes the alt right, and also one of the characters has "88" in one of their stats, a well known code for White Nationalists

That's about it. I think it's incredibly dumb to stop making fun of old shit, especially since V5 was published by an entirely different company, but hey, their choice.

I just wanted them to talk about Geist or Mage :( [/spoiler[
>>
>>63405391

White Ween has been doing White Wolf games during the holidays. That is what it is.
>>
>>63405442
Ah, so I was right, a left wing witch hunt. 'They' being whoever runs the System Mastery twitter.

https://twitter.com/SystemMastery/status/1063484859224485888

Seems like they're celebrating the death of the system and implying that it might have something to do with them choosing not to run it.
>>
>>63405731
Dude, it's clearly a joke, chill
>>
>>63405407
I didn't mean to claim that the podcast group said that, just that the guy who was defending them ITT said that, and it makes me think he's not as unbiased and levelheaded in their defense as I might otherwise have thought.
>>
>>63405757
"Well, this book hadn't come out yet. We had other, similar reasons that are out there if you look for them. I won't enumerate them here because I hate talking to sea lions."

"I mean maybe but who cares. When you're tenting a house for termites you don't care if the termites get mad about it."

>SEA LIONS

Okay, that's all I needed to see. If you don't understand why these people are reddit SJW filth then I honestly don't know what would make it any more obvious.
>>
File: image.png (570 KB, 600x600)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
The Yogscast High Rollers are pretty good, I really like the DM and the Players are pretty good.
>>
>>63405094

Oh shit people still play Abandon All Hope? My friend wrote that. I'd love to hear them review it!
>>
>>63411233
Anon, where were you the last couple of threads its been mentioned?
>>
I don't like D&D, what podcast for me
>>
>>63412526
None, kill self
>>
>>63402338
>I'd rather make a mary sue character with no limitations

Fucking bigoted shitlords at wizards of the coast showing their bias against orc wizards. Does an intelligent orc ruin the experience for you? Because that's racist. Obviously WoTC are nazis for giving orcs a -2 int handicap lmao
>>
>>63405790
Yeah, that guy was almost as off-base as the dudes saying that System Mastery is a predominantly SJW podcast. They've reviewed 137 different roleplaying games and have only ever really complained about sexism at any length maybe 5 times, and in none of those instances were they they major issues with the game. When they did FATAL, the poster child for this kind of thing, their worst issue wasn't that it was a gross rape game but that it has a real shithead tone in its writing.

I mean, their latest game they reviewed was World of Species and they're clearly very big fans of Natasha Henstridge killing people with her titties out. The issue with stuff like Fantasy Wargaming imposing multiple penalties on any female characters is that it's bad game design, not bad politics.
>>
File: DnD.png (273 KB, 720x544)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>63413519
System mastery's twitter used the term "sea lions". They're SJWs for sure
>>
>>63403201
Dinosaur Park/World/Universe

The guys from the Plumbing the Death Star podcast did an episode where they described their ideal (terrible) version of jurassic park, then one of them ran a game for the other two where they went through the park. Things get very weird.
>>
>>63370633
I like Monster Factory so I've been thinking about giving it a try, but I'm worried that MF just whittles down their humor to the best bits, and I won't get that with TAZ.
>>
>>63364803

Sam Harris
>>
>>63375314
>And it’s not really that SJW, they’re just averse to the rampant sexism in old games
Please die.
>>
>>63364803
>Any of you listen to tabletop rpg podcasts?
Roleplay Public Radio is the hands-down best for
1) Playing L-O-T of systems
2) Not playing as if they had an audience
3) Playing /LOT/ of systems
4) Usually having very highly-skilled GMs
5) Playing l o t s of systems
6) Being easygoing but never forcing slapstick humour
7) Ross Payton's voice is very pleasant
>>
>>63415838
This
>>
Are there any good LGBTQ+ friendly podcasts?
>>
>Nobody mentioning Frozen Frontier
What the fuck guys
>>
>>63421062
the killstream
>>
>>63412526
The No Sleep Podcast
>>
>>63421062
The Adventure Zone.
It's full of lesbians trapped in Numale bodies.
>>
>>63421062
Anything on maximum fun, jesse thorn is the george soros of podcasts
>>
>>63422843
you mean like from the famous podcast jordan jesse go??
>>
the one jello apocalypse does is good, he even did an Unknown Armies episode where he was a british unboxing girl, very funny
>>
Personally I just listen to the rusty bucket bay music from Banjo Kazooie on repeat and pretend I'm playing GURPS
>>
>>63401480
Yeah I'm a big fan of the Party Roll, that being said the 3rd D&D campaign didn't really captivate me. The DM did a lot of story work and descriptive writing and shit which seemed really out of place for the podcast.

I think their first campaign and all the side shit of Savage Worlds is their better content, because it is just friends fucking about playing tabletop games. Their 2nd campaign is fine imo and was a good laugh most of the time.
>>
>>63423371
>famous
that's a bit of a stretch
>>
>>63423584
Oh, the second campaign was fine, just then ending specifically was far out of left field. What you described is why I dropped halfway through the third season, espeacilly after Rusty had to leave for a good bit. I kept up with the savage worlds stuff thouhg, those are good for a decent holler

Iunno, maybe the new season stuff is better
>>
>>63411317

I'm not on 4chan too often these days.
>>
>>63375828
Someone recommended Glass Cannon to me, and its the first DnD podcast I've been able to stick with.
>>
>>63401542
You expect me to run a session during my daily train ride to work?
>>
>>63425694
Why not? Grab Mythic GM emulator, and get a notepad and paper.
>>
File: Shadowrun MidWest.jpg (95 KB, 750x750)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Neo-Anarchists podcast, arcology podcast, Sixth Wrold podcast and Critical Role, though those last two are more or less defunct
>>
>>63426175
Critical Role is defunct? I thouhgt it was still going strong
>>
>>63393750
Really gotta agree with the Glass Cannon- for better or for worse, it feels like a normal session at a gaming table. There's the occasional joke done in poor taste, poking fun at the guy whose dice hate him, the ever so rare moment where shit gets serious and both the GM and players clench their asscheeks as they wait for the result of a vital roll, so on and so forth.
>>
>>63426402
Critical Role is DnD themed improv theater, Glass Cannon is DnD with improv actors.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.