[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: lomapedraza.jpg (90 KB, 640x640)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Previous >>89390802

>Saturday December 8 - DAZN US Sky Sports UK
Kell Brook vs. Michael Zerafa
Jono Carroll vs Guillaume Frenois

>Saturday December 8 - ESPN US Boxnation UK
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jose Pedraza
Isaac Dogboe vs Emanuel Navarrete

>Saturday December 8 - HBO US
Cecilia Braekhus vs Aleksandra Magdziak-Lopes
Juan Francisco Estrada vs Victor Mendez

>Friday December 14 - ESPN+ US
Gilberto Ramirez vs Jesse Hart

>Saturday December 15 - BT Sport UK
Sunny Edwards vs Junior Granados
Daniel Dubois vs Razvan Cojanu

>Saturday December 15 - DAZN US Sky Sports UK
Canelo Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding
David Lemieux vs Tureano Johnson

>Saturday December 22 - BT Sport Box Office UK
Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton
Mark Heffron vs Liam Williams

>Saturday December 22 - Sky Sports Box Office UK DAZN US
Dillian Whyte vs Dereck Chisora
Cristofer Rosales vs Charlie Edwards

>Saturday December 22 - FOX US
Jermall Charlo vs Willie Monroe Jr
Jermell Charlo vs Tony Harrison
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>89403894
That's reserved for WWE and UFC when WWE wrestlers are headlining it
>>
>>89403829
>boxingscene posters are spastics because they voted for mostly 200-300k
>Eddie not a spastic or having almost the exact same prediction by your own post

Just lmao. If it reached almost right to the high end of the range Hearn believed was possible that's not doing what was expected that was doing about as well as was within the realms of possibility. Not to mention that the predictions for the rematch will be even bigger. Undeniably this puts Wilder into an elite group going forward with very major upside. Big success.
>>
>>89403908
He's right though. Scoring 50k more than your break even mark is not a "massive success". Wilder and Fury's combined purse was much higher than most of the PPVs you're comparing it to
>>
Also I just browsed that BoxingScene thread and almost all of the replies are from known trolls/mongs
>>
File: he does it for free.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Unban Spain at once you fucking faggot jannies
>>
>>89403951
It's good for news but the forum is cancer
>>
>https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq_V5z9gB-o/?hl=es

How does this make you feel, white boys?
>>
>>89403966
Thanks based britbro

Also
>Pic
Based Whyte
>>
>>89403940
When I say major success I'm not saying this is a Canelo GGG type PPV which made everyone oodles of money. I'm saying that this was a major litmus test for Wilder's ability to be that kind of guy going forward and by extension for Showtime's future ability to make money in the sport. Now there are no guarantees he will be able to, but this going about as well as it possibly could have for a guy with almost no name recognition, low fanbase fighting a foreigner means that it's possible and as big a success as it could realistically be.

It does 250k or under as many predicted and Wilder's claims to be a big draw are over and Showtime can't put him on PPV again.
>>
>>89403979
It was one of my main sources of information when I was just getting into American boxing but the Mayweather-Pacquiao rivalry killed it
>>
>>89403993
Why are you attributing this all to Wilder. Fury is the one everyone's talking about
>>
>>89404001
Nah, it's always been shit because of the pactards. Biggest group of fucking morons who talk boxing and that takes some doing.
>>
>>89404008
Because even if that's the case now the people who bought it for the most part didn't buy it for Fury in America.
>>
>>89404009
The LDBC crew has eclipsed even the Pactards at this point
>>
>>89404022
Fury did the lion's share of the promoting, making all the media rounds and whatnot. If that had been Wilder vs Ortiz 2 (for example) it would have done 97k
>>
>>89404032
Sure. They needed a good opponent to get people invested like any PPV but that's what Fury was, the opponent. Wilder is the guy people were buying to watch win.

That's the best part about this fight actually, I think it's one of those where they both elevated one another's status.
>>
Joyce is a madman chasing Luis Ortiz of all people. Can't think of a worse style match for him except maybe Wilder
>>
File: 1543444102143.gif (165 KB, 640x640)
165 KB
165 KB GIF
>>89404009
Don't fucking worry. Based Broner will end the Pactards once and for all.
>>
>Sources: Eddie Hearn and John Skipper met with GGG today in Los Angeles in a continued push to convince the former middleweight champion to sign with DAZN. Told GGG is telling people he doesn’t care about fighting Canelo again; doesn’t feel judges will give him fair shake
Based GGG
>>
>>89404044
Desperately needs a win on that level ASAP and Ortiz is about the only guy who has an even lower risk/reward than himself. All of the Miller/Whyte type guys would run a mile from Joyce.
>>
>>89404043
I disagree, the prevailing narrative seemed to be Fury's redemption arc. Wilder was the bogeyman antagonist

They needed each other for that one but now I think Fury's prospects are better than Wilder's
>>
>>89404063
Even if he doesn't want the fight again it would make more sense going there than PBC. They have Jacobs, Andrade, Smith. If he goes to PBC they have to try and sell a PPV with him and Charlo for the money to be good enough
>>
You now remember when Lil G did 97,000 on PPV lmao
>>
>>89404094
I guarantee you Wilder vs. a "Jacobs" type opponent would sell less kek. Or Fury in the same situation. And we are talking about heavyweights here who actually talk english and can talk trash.
>>
>>89404074
I don't think he needs to be rushed that fast. The big 3 are finally fighting each other so he's probably got a good year at least to gather more experience and work on his flaws before taking a fight in which he's the underdog. Washington and Duhaupas would be his next two opponents if I was his manager
>>
File: Capture.png (60 KB, 627x485)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>89404076
Most casuals aren't as into it as all that. Most of them are just americans who want to watch the american win, and particularly for wilder black americans who want to watch the black guy win.

The general impression I got was the one in this tweet, most people came in with a fairly basic partisan view like that but left being quite impressed by Fury.
>>
>>89404081
Jacobs is a free agent, could end up back at PBC
>>
>>89404119
He's 33, which for a heavyweight means he probably has about a year left of his physical prime. He really does need to get a move on.
>>
>>89404128
Yeah that's true, although Haymon would have to promise him PPV for him to want to do that
>>
>>89404081
Yeah it would make sense to fight Charlo on Sho PPV as a stand alone fight. But he could also fight some guys like Hurd (who's weigth bulling guys at 154), that would be another good PPV fight, and maybe someone at 168 like Uzcategui
>>
>>89404024
>LDBC
seen that before, what does it stand for?
>>
>>89404152
Lion's Den Boxing Community. It's zealot ghetto Americans
>>
>>89404123
>Most of them are just americans who want to watch the american win

This. Trying to imagine a single scenario where an American would ever be supported against a Brit in this country and I don't think it's possible even if it was Mother Theresa herself. Even in these threads a lot of the Brits support unlikeable brits over likeable foreigners.
>>
>that one guy on BoxingScene who is absolutely obsessed with Leo Santa Cruz
>>
>>89404148
For it to work they'd have to do Jacobs vs Golovkin on PPV for the IBF then do the winner vs Charlo on PPV. Charlo only has an interim belt, not strong enough to jump straight into PPV. PBC schedule is going to be full of PPV if it carries on
>>
>>89404135
He started very late and hasn't had any real injuries or wars, nor does he depend much on speed or reflexes. He'll be fine for a while yet. Plus even if he beat Ortiz right now he'd still have to sit around waiting for a shot at a title since the champs are busy with each other. You shouldn't go from fighting people ranked outside the top 100 to a guy in the top 5
>>
>>89404135
um no

Lennox Lewis beat a prime Vitali at 38
Wlad Klit was going on forever and ever

George Foreman etc etc

Joe Joyce has about 5 years minimum, he'll easily get a world title shot by then
>>
>>89404160
I've heard that everyone was happy when Barrera beat Hamed
>>
>>89404185
not to mention Wlad had his best career performances at around 32-37 years old mark.
>>
>>89404160
I reckon Pacquiao had more Americans cheering for him than most of his American opponents
>>
>>89404178
Even if he doesn't rely on them they'll still get worse, as will his fitness. I understand his reluctance to throw away his peak years. If he gets a loss so what anyway? He can fight more of those lower level guys afterwards anyway.

>>89404185
>all time greats can go on to a late age

Yeah no shit. Lennox's prime was nowhere near 38 and Joe Joyce isn't Lennox Lewis. He's right in his physical prime right now so why waste it fighting bums.
>>
>>89404202
True, Americans are a bit better at it than us. No way we'd be able to fill thousands in an arena for something like Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux like they do.
>>
>>89404187
Naz definitely had his haters for being a bit of an idiot but he is still one of the most beloved fighters in British boxing history.
>>
>>89404202
That's because America is a very racist country lmao, white people would rather a foreigner win than someone black/mexican.
>>
>>89404246
You have to go back rasheed
>>
File: Capture.png (622 KB, 613x749)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
Starting to think the rematch is nailed on now. All the nicey nicey has stopped and they've both started to play to their base and start the trash talk again.
>>
>>89404307
>they don't want to see US succeed

What could Deontay the bronze bomber Wilder possibly have meant by this?
>>
>>89404246
Do black Americans cheer for Joe Smith?
>>
>>89404307
seriously hope it doesn't happen
not a big fan of staying up until 4am and paying £20 to watch what may aswell be a trailer
>>
>>89404316
Didn't say it was only the white people who were racist lad
>>
File: 1543503239986.jpg (145 KB, 888x499)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>89404312
>>
>>
>>89404307
He's being defensive because he knows he lost
>>
>>89404318
Nah I do, the first fight was great and unlike with the last two high profile rematches in Kov/Ward and Canelo/GGG where I had a very strong feeling about how the rematch would go and turned out to be right both times this one has a lot of question marks since both have a lot of scope for improvement
>>
>>89404307
It's the best path for all involved really, the rematch can perform better than the first one because people know the first fight was good, Fury gets another big fight which he deserves, Joshua gets another fight in, no network issues, when Joshua does the fight winner it won't be an undisputed fight that's clouded by the result of Wilder vs Fury 1
>>
>>89404331
Deontay Wilder is ultimately a very nice man underneath it all, anyone who's spent any time with him says so. Whenever he starts with any of this shit and especially with the racism angle he's in promotion mode.
>>
>>89404338
That makes no sense, the Ward vs Kovalev 1 and Golovkin vs Canelo 1 were way less conclusive than Fury vs Wilder. Fury completely boxed his tits off outside of two lapses in concentration, and that was coming after a two year layoff
>>
File: WeirdAnalogy.png (374 KB, 568x434)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>89403989
based Whyte
>>
>>89404338
what question marks surround this fight?
>>
File: hqdefault(4).jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
All fighters from England are bums
>>
>>89404360
if only he didn't have his cunt brother cheerleaders
>>
>>89404356
>>89404369
In a rematch almost always the person who was coming on stronger at the end of the first fight wins the second. In both you felt as though Canelo and Ward had managed to take over and find a route to success they could carry into the second fight.

In this fight it's a little more interesting. Definitely of the two you'd have to say it was Wilder who managed to make adjustments to find success in the second half of the fight so it would be easy to say he'll take those, find more and knock Fury out second time round. The fact that Fury was coming off the layoff and weight cutting makes things a lot less clear than that though.
>>
Reminder Joyce is fighting in January and April
>>
File: fury.jpg (60 KB, 1200x630)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
it's personal between me and you...
>>
Why's this guy famous?
>>
>>89404420
Unironically one of the few Matchroom fighters it's impossible to critique. Always fought the best, had showed a lot of heart, and provided a lot of entertainment.

Shame he's making me forget by being such an unbearable commentator.
>>
>>89404420
chinlet
>>
>>89404420
fought in front of 80m at wembley
>>
>>89403936
>>89404470
You're having a bad day spain.
>>
>>89404420
friendly reminder this man was in a basedboy job working in an office and only started boxing seriously from the age of 19.

listen to Jake Wood's podcast with him
>>
This is why MMA fighters can't be sharp with their hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zip-c_tmdsA

Look at the amount of shit that you can do and have to learn about
>>
tyson fury expected at the man united arsenal game which is on bt sport
reckon he will be interviewed
>>
>>89403989
agreed but whyte would get windmilled by wilder desu
>>
File: eubank.jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Lets have some Parliamentry procedure here, alright?
>>
>>89404499
meme sport, even Jones admitted he pulled shit off he saw in video games and youtube videos
>>
>>89404391
The boxer always figures out the puncher. It was more difficult for Ward and Canelo because Kovalev and especially Golovkin are highly skilled themselves, but in this case the superior boxer already won the first fight at reduced capacity because Wilder's skills are just downright bad. Wilder didn't really make any adjustments, Fury just made a couple of mistakes due to being out of practice and over-confident. I got up and won the rest of the round both times. If anything I think in the last half of the final round he finally realised he could actually beat Wilder up and he'll be more aggressive and dominating in the rematch
>>
>>89404525
Jon Jones is a greco-roman wrestler. I've read he said he got some techniques from Judo
>Before beginning his MMA career, Jones was a stand-out high school wrestler and state champion at Union-Endicott High School in upstate New York

He took down Daniel Cormier who is an Olympian wrestler who won bronze in the world championships and
>NCAA Division I All-American (2001)
>>
>>89404525
MMA has had champions from other disciplines go over like Yoel Romero who is a wrestler who got silver in the olympics.
It had guys who the ADCC and BJJ championship. It had guys who fought in K1. It had judo champions.
>>
>>89404578
>>89404593
fuck off nerd, no one cares about that shit
>>
>>89404559
Nah that's doing Wilder a massive disservice. He very clearly started relying more on the left hook since he couldn't find a home for the right hand. The 12th round kd which would have won him the fight with most referees/if it had been in the UK took that one step further by using the hook to set up the right and turning it into a combination.

There was absolutely a development in his strategy which he can take forwards.
>>
File: toney-couture-fight-5.jpg (123 KB, 512x358)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>89404600
Ok how about this one: The UFC had a former boxing champion too but he got choked out by an older guy
Toney was born in 1968
Couture was born in 1963
>>
>>89404488
They be trynna keep us down... TO THIS DAY! TO THIS DAY!
>>
File: 1537567102746.png (95 KB, 201x260)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>Boxing
>Real sport
>>
>>89404625
>acting like Toney was anywhere close to his prime in that fight
>>
File: Amagasa-vs-Rigo-4.jpg (100 KB, 960x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>89403337
*5'11" and 126 pounds in your path*

Go for it, my dude. Spook your competitors out of the ring.
>>
I hope the rematch is in the uk. Imagine 80 thousand bongs shouting "you big DOSSER" for 12 rounds. Based
>>
>>89404307
Poor lad is going through grief.Stage 1. denial.
>>
>>89404414
you big dumb plumber from liverpool. you and your gay lover tony bellew
>>
>>89404680
The list of places the rematch will realistically be contains one entry.
>>
>>89404307
>"Don't want to see US succeed"
I'll assume he means black people. This guy is a pathetic race baiter and I cannot wait until he loses that title.
>>
>>89404703
That would be pretty disappointing. Part of the reason this is a good storyline is the fighting in the other guys backyard aspect. They should keep going with this theme. Vegas isn't exciting at all for fights. Ive been to at least 3 and it's very sterile.
>>
>>89404734
Yeah they'd be leaving millions each on the table by the fight being in the UK so it has very little chance of happening. Frank seemed very keen on the idea of vegas.
>>
>>89404729
Yup. No one ever mentioned anything about race in the run up to this fight or afterwards.
>>
>>89404753
4hunnit yeas
>>
>>89404753
GOOGLE THAT SHIT NIGGA

FO HUNNIT YEARS NIGGA, TO THIS DAY, TO THIS DAY
>>
>>89404765
Black history month is February. Deontay is either confused or straight up retarded.
>>
>>89404307
Lol I love how he played the race card and the majority of black people in the comments are saying he lost the fight.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgrqOIXoN8
>>
Predictions for Whyte-Chisora 2? And since it was expected the winner would fight Usyk, now it looks like them fighting Joshua is more likely with the Wilder-Fury rematch, so who will Usyk debut against at heavyweight?
>>
>>89404316
No
>>
File: rgie.png (16 KB, 667x135)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>
>>89404346
Idk if he's a good guy or not he's been under the microscope long enough that if he was really a scumbag he would've gotten caught beating his wife or shooting dogs or whatever else by now. He hasn't tho. Also you'd be an idiot to not try and promote a full blown fucking race war between these why not casuals are suckers for that shit as fake, classless and contrived as it is
>>
>>89404825
>the devil was a fat white woman
>hopefully Adonis meets the devil and knocks his ass out
The fucking state..
>>
Now that Wilder has been exposed as a whiner, right hand babby, amateur tier fundamentals, and a race baiter why does /box/ like him again?
>>
Very disappointed in Khan. Should have kept all this Crawford talk quiet, got in the ring with Brook this weekend as though he's finally announcing that and say he's fighting Crawford then instead for maximum effect.
>>
>>89404833
He's clearly dumb as a sack of rocks but whenevr he's not trying to promote a fight he comes across as a very down to earth family man who loves his kids. Same as Fury actually, says a lot of shit but seems to be a nice bloke underneath unlike Saunders who is a full on pikey cunt.
>>
>>89404844
Because as we found out with the last fight he's dangerous, at any second anything could happen, and that makes it exciting
>>
wouldnt recognise terrance crawford is he bumped into me in the street
never heard of the cunt
>>
>>89404822
Whyte decision
someone shit and in matchrooms stable as he'll have to get used to the weight, then another shitter, a couple at Takam/Chisora level, Whyte then Joshua
Andre Ward somewhere in the middle provided Usyk would still be undefeated and all the hints Ward's dropping is not for him to remain relevant and will actually make a return
>>
>>89404822
I actually think Chisora beats Whyte by late round stoppage in this fight. Whyte has failed to impress me recently and Chisora steps up when he needs to.
>>
>about to do my first weight cut
>get food poisoning and lose 90% of the weight I need to
is it supposed to be this easy lads? Maybe Im just gifted
>>
>>89404892
Whyte bullied Parker though
>>
>>89404893
how much are you cutting?
>>
>>89404900
Yeah, but there was a point in that fight where Whyte was almost out on his feet. I thought Chisora won the first fight too.
>>
>>89404893
Shit, are you not drained from the food poisoning? I would assume that is mostly water weight you lost too..
>>
>>89404906
189 to 175
>>89404937
Yeah im weak as fuck right now, just bluffing to make myself feel better
>>
I honestly think Fury's gonna win the rematch. Wilder's broken arm excuse and "he didn't beat the count" fluff makes it seem like he's try try the same strategy against Fury. If Fury does strength and conditioning training and moves down to 245 lbs, it'll be much harder for Wilder to win.
>>
>>89404997
you say that like it's controversial to "think Fury's gonna win the rematch." It's pretty obvious Fury is going to win it and he's going to make it look easy. I am legitimately betting 1000 $ on a Fury win in the rematch and I will post my bet slip. Easy money. I wouldn't risk it with betting on a KO, but a win whatever way possible is nigh-guaranteed.
>>
>>89404997
Wilder obviously believes he can make the adjustments to win a rematch though. He doesn't need to take it he could chase AJ instead if he wanted.
>>
Is Hughie Fury the Frank Grimes of boxing?
>>
>>89404246
Huge over-generalization but it can be true sometimes
If the black/Mexican is a shitty person or unlikable and the foreigner is likable and a good person I have no problem rooting for the foreigner, but this isn’t usually the case

What you see during these big events that attract casuals is racist people who don’t even follow boxing out to spread their bullshit. I was rooting for Wilder but he lost the decision and now he’s going full race-baiting cunt about it. I would be rooting for Fury in a potential rematch not because he’s white but because he deserved to win the first one and didn’t chimp out despite knowing he got robbed. This is the exception to the rule for me personally though, I’d usually root against the Brit at all costs to keep them from holding all the heavyweight belts but it is what it is. Would feel disgusting though
>>
>>89404516
eubank was comedy gold when he was trolling Benn
>>
>>89405011
Boxers tend to adapt to punchers pretty easily in the rematches. Wlad vs Peter 1 (Wlad got dropped 3 times) and Mayweather vs Maidana 1 are pretty similar to Fury vs Wilder 1. The boxer makes a mistake and gets dropped. Only difference is that Fury was in worse physical shape than Wlad and Mayweather. Only reason why I said "think" is because anything can happen.

Davidson seems smart enough to know what Fury did wrong, and Fury isn't going to take chances with letting Wilder land power shots.
>>
>>89404750
Why though. The PPV can only sell more in the rematch. Gate/sponsorships will also increase. What's Vegas adding to their purse?
>>
>>89405026
Wilder hasn't really commented on Fury's weaknesses or his own weaknesses in regards to technique. It's just "my arm was broke" or "the ref sucks." If Fury can go from being a fatass to being able to compete with a world class boxer in a year, then giving him more time to improve is gonna make it harder for Wilder.

Also, Wilder's broken arm is only a testament to how shit his trainer is. If these punches hurt Wilder to the point where his arm needs surgery, then it's the trainer's responsibilty to expand his toolset so that he's not reliant on the right hand.
>>
Wilder's "broken arm" situation:

- happened 12 weeks before training camp started (camp started in September)
- had a procedure done
- no overstay at the hospital/clinic
- could do push ups 2 days afterward
>>
File: 1018186.jpg (55 KB, 750x445)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>89404063
Quack quack Lil G
>>
>>89404063
>bumlovekin duckin charlo againi
>>
>>89404516
See >>89404378
>>
>>89404703
This. Last week's fight was about the championship. The rematch will be about the money now. Casinos well be begging them to let them host the fight
>>
>>89405090
Can't be a US PPV if it's held in the UK is the biggest reason. Or if they try and make it one at UK prime time it will do awfully. Vegas site fees are far bigger than what a stadium can offer too though.
>>
>>89404063
Based Gennadyevich. Dem Kazakhstan boys are a different breed
>>
>>89404063
Translation: I know I'll lose if I fight Canelo again and I want a few more paydays and not to ruin my legacy
>>
>>89405334
>>89405363
How much money do casinos put up for events that generate 300k buys?
>>
>>89405384
It's not even about the ppvs. People who show up at the event will also want to place bets, especially the high rollers who sit on the front rows
>>
Based
>>
>>89404958
How far out from the fight are you? Drink plenty of water and coconut water to get the electrolytes back in you. Last time I got food poisoning I couldn't train for a week I felt so drained.
>>
File: BB head.png (149 KB, 382x500)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>Boxing
>Real sport
>>
>>89404844
>Now that Wilder has been exposed as a whiner
Hilarious
>right hand babby, amateur tier fundamentals, a
Makes him exciting to watch
>race baiter
Once again, hilarious.
>>
>>89405462
It seems everything is hilarious to you.
>>
Dwyer favours Ortiz over Joyce so that means Ortiz will be out within 5 rounds
>>
>>89405481
Well, for the most part.
400 hundred years and to this day got some good laughs out of me. Besides all that race baiting is good promotion for retarded casuals, I can respect the hustle.
>>
>>89405365
I love Golovkin, but the fact is he's slowing down. Golovkin of 2013 is a different animal than Golovkin today.
Having said that, he still beats 99% of the mw division..
>>
>>89405159
He was throwing the right all night. He floored that mascot just fine too
>>
The thing that's most pathetic about this knockdown count is that it's literally 0.5 seconds they are arguing on lmfao. You'd understand if it was 2 seconds but literally half a second.

And all the retarded videos Wilder keeps posting all start counting, coincidentally, half a second before Fury gets up.
>>
>>89404844
>crying about "race baiting" on 4channel
>>
>>89405384
I bet if you can get enough high rollers on the tables with the attraction it could easily outstrip a football stadium full of chavs
>>
I think we can all agree that Wilder is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
>>
>>89405542
no, I will tell you what is the most retarded thing - 10 count =/= seconds, literally has always been like that. If anything, that count was too fast, normally fighters get more time. I agree that Fury was basically lucky the ref didn't wave it off right there, right then, but complaining about the count lmao. All these faggots should read the boxing rules.
>>
Wilder won the fight but lost the decision
>>
>>89405654
>lucky
He was unlucky cause most refs would've called it there, and if the ref called it, no one would have protested. Of course the fight was fixed for a draw so none of this actually matters lol.
>>
>>89405684
how does that make him unlucky?
>>
In the rematch Fury should press Wilder on the back foot more. He has none of that KO power when fighting backwards at range, he always needs to wind it up. Furys mistake in the first fight was relying too much on defensive slickness. In the exchanges where Fury initiated he basically always got the best of the action. Come forward more, but keep range.
AJ would also beat him easily with that basic game plan.
>>
posted this in the wrong thread, sorry bros, please read:

feels like this was the biggest ppv in years
not because of the numbers but because of the buzz it created
new stars are born
suddenly people are interested in the heavy weight division again
remember what happened after canelo - ggg?
people bitched about the corruption but that was it
tyson fury on the other hand is a proper legend already for putting on display a phenomenal performance especially considering the circumstances and for getting back up from the dead
>>
>>89405697
He just got sparked out hard and hit his head on the fucking ground. He got up fair play, but if Wilder hit him again there would have been serious issues. That last knockdown is going towards Fury's future cte for sure.
>>
>>89405727
In the rematch, Fury should just not get knocked down twice lmao.
>>
>>89405727
Wrong, he dropped ortiz the first two times on the backfoot
>>
>>89405300
>HE GOING TO ESPN TO FIGHT BRANT, HE DON'T WANT THAT CHARLO SMOKE

Jermall was shook af of danny he's gotta be shitting himself right now
>>
>>89405727
In the rematch they should fix it for a controversial split in Wilder's favour
>>
this whole thing is a kind of an inverse Zab Judah - Kostya Tszyu

wanting the ref to lay off while Zab is doing the stanky leg all over the ring
>>
>>89405779
Hardly. They were basically standing in front of each other.
>>
File: 1534434560420.png (440 KB, 1070x720)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>89405416
/ourguy/ got Pikachu on his team, who's Charlo got?
>>
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1070273469911367683

Seems like the tide is finally turning on the Hearns accountant talk. Fans finally doing what I've been saying they should be doing for years, tell promoters to fuck off with their purse split talk and just get the fights made however it has to be done. We don't care who makes what.
>>
>>89405920
How is he /ourguy/? He looked weak on Saturday.
>>
>>89405862
Here, I'll spoonfeed you dumbass

https://youtu.be/TKAzyvsvzXk?t=2511

thats called moving backwards
>>
File: 1541819157523.jpg (197 KB, 774x850)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>Boxing
>real sport
>>
>>89405515
Exactly. He stops Andrade and Saunders, possibly Jacobs in the rematch. I think he'd outpoint Charlo. If Hurd were to move up, he'd outpoint him too
>>
>>89405946
I just watched it.
>>
>>89405768
What the fuck are you talking even about? Has nothing to do with what I initially said. Fury was lucky there was a ref who counted him instead of waving it off, that is retrospect. If Wilder hit him ahead, he fell into a coma and so on, then yes, he would have been unlucky. But instead he came back into the fight and battered Wilder with a couple of solid shots. And the shots Wilder took during this fight and the fight against Ortiz are also going towards his future CTE, just like the hits Joshua took against Wlad are going towards his future CTE.
>>
>>89405941
He ended the Cuban meme, takes on all challenges, has Charlo shook, and is willing to move to 160 to fight Golovkin
>>
File: Rush Hour 4.jpg (130 KB, 768x960)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Has anyone posted this meme on here?
Already hyped.
>>
File: horse(1).jpg (68 KB, 540x960)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>hates the GBP meme
Why is Money "Floyd" Mayweather so based, fellas?
>>
File: 1543988913779.webm (2.87 MB, 640x360)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
When's our boy White Chocolate fighting again????
>>
File: 20181205_121339.jpg (302 KB, 1080x750)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Most Based Ref in the sport
>>
Whyte or Chisora?
>>
>>89406315
Whyte. I don't think there's an active boxer who's taken more damage than Chisora, he'll be brain dead in 10 years.
>>
>>89406315
BUMS
>>
>>89406315
Whyte decision
>>
>>89406257
knuckleheads btfo. Tbh why don't we have a screen with the countdown actually? So the fighter falls,
>>
>>89406504
so the fighter falls, somebody presses a button, and there is an automotized count. The ref is then just there to decide whether the count should continue or not.
>>
>>89405768
>hit his head on the fucking ground
I don't think he banged the back of his head on the canvas.
>>
>>89406315
Whyte. Not often you get a completely different fight and outcome the second time around
>>
File: DtqKMUQW0AciR-G.jpg (66 KB, 634x567)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>Crolla fights Linares over Flanagan
HOW BRAVE WHAT A GUY BASED CROLLA DARES TO BE GREAT

>Khan fights Crawford over Brook
DISGUSTING HE'S DUCKING KELL WHY IS HE TAKING A FIGHT HE'S GUARANTEED TO LOSE INSTEAD OF GIVING THE FANS THE DOMESTIC DUST UP THEY WANT TO SEE

Thanking based Amir every day for exposing this group of charlatan company men hacks for the pathetic losers they are. Hope all of them die in a car crash.
>>
>>89405727
I read it the same way. Will also help his chances of getting a decision.
>>
>>89406583
Everyone in this image is retarded except Macklin
>>
>>89406583
Kevin Spacey on the left
>>
File: Capture.png (53 KB, 611x667)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>
>>89406691
>no marquez

NOT based in the slightest.
>>
>>89406315
Can we feed the winner of this fight to Big Baby?
>>
>>89406691
Going to be honest none of those three are HoF worthy. If guys like that are getting in it's too diluted.
>>
>>89404123
>>89404160
>>89404202
Americans often root against our own fighters though, it's really stupid.
Rarely do we ever have the same attitude as British fight fans do, which I think is a shame.

Hell, even with Wilder, most of these Black youtubers either were the ones making fun of his shitty form and technique in years prior, or didn't care about him at all until recently where he brought the race angle.
And now they've immediately turned on Andre Ward just for saying Wilder didn't win the decision, going so far as to call him a "coon".

This is the average non-Hispanic American Boxing fan right there. So fucking wishy washy, only able to but into events with some kind of controversy, White and Black.

>>89404316
He fought at the Foxwood casino in my state just earlier this year, and yes, we do cheer for him.
He's about the only notable world level White American anyways, but we all like him. Was pretty disappointed that the Beterbiev fight didn't happen when it was supposed to, i'm rooting for him to go all the way and at least hold a world title.
>>
Literally by the rules of boxing, the count doesn't begin until the opponent is in a neutral corner. Literally in the rule book.
>>
>>89406840
Also in the rulebook; if a fighter is not on their feet at 8, you waive it off.
>>
File: diUhJC.gif (1.47 MB, 320x180)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>89404059
ABSOLUTELY BASED
>>
>>89406257
>I always wanna do what's best for boxing
Based bought refs
>>
>>89406985
Sounds like bullshit to me because then it would be an 8 count and not a 10 count.
>>
>>89406802
Arturo gatti already got in years ago. Donald Curry was an undisputed champion and Julian Jackson is one of the hardest hitters in the sport. At least they're finally out of the way so votes can maybe go towards the more deserving guys
>>
How is Holyfield the ONLY person to be undisputed at two different weight classes? The fact that those weight classes are cruiserweight and heavyweight makes it even weirder in a way

I know it’s not always guaranteed that you can set up a fight with who you want and there’s a bunch of bullshit and politics but it’s still weird to me that he’s literally the only one who’s done it. He also didn’t win the WBO but that’s because it was brand new and not respected or even acknowledged as legit right away. So that’s one less belt he had to worry about. You’d think it would’ve happened more though before or since then
>>
>>89407053
You need to be up and ready to go at 10. Not just up and wobbling everywhere like a baby giraffe. If you don’t have your feet under you by 8 you’re not going to make it
>>
>>89407158
>How is Holyfield the ONLY person to be undisputed at two different weight classes?
Is he? Even disregarding all of the multi-weight class champions before the titles split into two, and then later three and four, Sugar Ray Leonard during his time at Welterweight held the WBC and WBA (When the IBF was still not legitimized) and then 5 years later held the WBC, WBA, and IBF at Middleweight.
>>
>>89407211
I could be wrong but I think so
>>
>>89407158
It's not that surprising. There's only like 15-16 undefeated champions in all of boxing history and of those guys you can strike out most because they either retired early, only had few title defenses or fought in the 1800's. That leaves like 5-6 guys give or take that are legit undefeated champions
>>
>ees New Jork ready for me and Mai Bebe dooter Maria?
>>
>>89407285
Damn, its about time you made your triumphant return, based dooter poster
>>
>>89407211
Leonard never held the WBA or IBF in middleweight
>>
>>89404825
adonis sure knows how to handle a woman so he will be alright then
>>
If there was ever an example needed of why belts and undisputed status are totally meaningless it's Terence Crawford becoming undisputed champion by beating Lundy, Postol and Indongo. Literally everyone sees through what a meaningless achievement that is.
>>
Boxing is for losers
>>
>>89407363
Oh, you're right.
Well there's another good reason why undisputed champions rarely arise, sanctioning bodies do so much bullshit that the stars rarely line up. If the WBA and IBF sanctioned the Hagler-Leonard fight like they should've we would've had him be undisputed champion x2.
>>
>>89407382
based
>>
File: FROCH.webm (1.5 MB, 960x480)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB WEBM
>>89404458
hes the complete opposite of a chinlet
>>
>>89407412
It's more promoter's acomplishment desu
>>
>>89407447
Really the biggest reason is that there's not really much point to holding all 4 belts especially nowadays aside from having that achievement on your record. Holding all 4 belts means you have pay more in sanctioning fees and you have less control over your career since you have to satisfy multiple mandatories if they don't line up. That's why crawford immediately dropped them all once he became undisputed. he had an easy shot at getting the belts but most other divisions have at least 1 or 2 top guys that make it more difficult. It's a waste precious career time when you can make better fights in other division as well.
>>
>>89407575
Adding onto this, it makes sense that Holyfield is the only 2 time undisputed since he had nowhere else to go but up. Same with Joshua Fury Wilder. They can only face each other
>>
https://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-suffers-from-severe-traumatic-brain-injury--134339

Press F
>>
File: makhmadov.webm (871 KB, 640x360)
871 KB
871 KB WEBM
>>89407608
I didnt think the knockout was that severe, bums get heavier beatings all the time, was it his age?
>>
>>89407348
Not him, I just felt it's been a while lmao

>>89407363
This, Hagler/Leonard was only for the wbc
>>
>>89407632
These clips make me glad I stopped boxing. Scary stuff
>>
>>89407737
just dont be a heavyweight going up against a prospect without the ability to keep your guard up
>>
>>89404703
If the fight doesn't involve Mayweather, Canelo, Tyson, Holyfield or De La Hoya, Vegas is not paying more than $10m
>>
>>89407608
Oof is Canada going to ban boxing now? This is the first time in while that a known champion has been this badly hurt. Stevenson should've retired after the Jack fight.
>>
>>89407778
Well I was defiantly light heavy weight to cruiser. What scared me is if I ever was out on my feet like Price or Stevenson
>>
>>89407786
Even if you're right which I'm not sure about it doesn't matter if they can't cover a stadium gate on their own, it can't be in the UK and be a successful American PPV so it will be in America and Vegas will pay more than New York or LA this time.
>>
>>89407975
Definitely*. Maybe I'm too late and already have CTE haha
>>
>>89408010
I guess it depends on some people. Maybe take some solace that Stevenson was 41 and brain injury is much worse when you're past your 30's. he probably had a lot of damage from training in the kronk gym as well
>>
File: mauro.jpg (187 KB, 700x400)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
MAMAAAA MIAAAA, DEONTAY WILDER, HAS DONE IT
>>
>>89408236
Literally just swap Ranallo with Lampley and Showtime's comms team is perfect.
>>
>https://www.boxingscene.com/khan-maybe-joshua-fear-why-he-face-wilder--134334
Joshua confirmed coward
>>
>>89408482
>Joshua fans give Fury props for beating Wilder
>Wilder fans give Fury props for stepping up

Tyson playing 4d chess
>>
Broner-Pac Kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWJp7NAa6DI
>>
>>89408858
Manny with that dad bod
>>
>>89408858
shit fight, hope it bombs
>>
how long they been fightin again?
>>
>>89409023
fo hunnid yeeears
>>
>>89408858
kino. I think it's a decent matchup, just that neither are at the elite level anymore so it's not really PPV.
I think Pacquiao takes it by UD, probably gonna bust AB's face up pretty bad.
>>
>>89406257

Based

Is Reiss or crab man the GOAT ref?
>>
Who is the best lb for lb?
>>
>>89406516
One of the many things Japan does with boxing, along with replays of knockdowns to confirm them, that hasn't made it to the west for whatever reason
>>
File: SoRaven.webm (689 KB, 1280x720)
689 KB
689 KB WEBM
>>89403984
black people are the biggest cry babies
>>
>>89406834
>He fought at the Foxwood casino in my state just earlier this year, and yes, we do cheer for him.
>He's about the only notable world level White American anyways, but we all like him.
Caleb plant finna dab on this sudaca next year
>>
File: 1505364256914.gif (915 KB, 400x281)
915 KB
915 KB GIF
>>89409274
>black people are the biggest cry babies
>You now remember the eternally butthurt wh*toid GGG fanbois
It's like pottery.
>>
>>89409126
Looking at the workout videos Pac is still crazy fast. Broner looked pretty good in the Vargas fight but he still didn't let his hands go enough. he easily could've stopped vargas if he threw more. Also PPV doesn't care about skill level. Maymac proved that
>>
File: Capture.png (62 KB, 606x451)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Translation: we facilitate the biggest sanctioning fees for ourselves

Making fun of sanctioning bodies is low hanging fruit but I do enjoy the times where they flat out admit they just make things up as they go along.
>>
>>89403984
That counter starts before his back even hit the canvas.
>>
File: BEL_4540_EDIT.0.jpg (245 KB, 1520x1013)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Chris Algieri is BACK!
https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/1/18121864/chris-algieri-wins-comeback-fight-in-new-york
>>
>>89409692
for me, it's skipping #1 and making the #2 challenger mandatory, then letting the champion fuck about said mandatory challenger
>>
>>89409985
Not sure what Whyte was expecting tbf, you have to go for the belt your promoter has the relationship with.
>>
>>89409692
They should rematch ASAP. Wilder wants it, and Fury won't say no. Delyaing the fight gives Fury more time to prepare. One year was enough for Fury to lose weight. One year from now would be enough to get Fury to his prime.

Who would Fury fight until then?
>>
>>89409985
Breazeale isn't number #2 he is #4. In WBC rankings Ortiz is #2 and Fury is #3. I don't think skipping over Whyte is even a big deal since he is obviously going for Joshua after beating Parker
>>
>>89403966
lmao, why was he banned?
>>
>>89410358
p.sure when he was made mando he was #2 although he got there beating Molina about 6 months before who was #6 at the time even though the WBC specified that the winner of that bout would NOT be made mandatory
even having Ortiz at #2 is corrupt, on paper he was a voluntary defence who got KO'd
>>
>>89409330
Plant is a trash SMW who is shook of the uzi. Smith would kill him
>>
>>89410728
>even having Ortiz at #2 is corrupt, on paper he was a voluntary defence who got KO'd
He got the WBC Intercontinental heavyweight title after he beat Malik Scott and had the WBA interim. He was also Joshua's mandatory by the WBA so putting him that high isn't a bad decision.
Breazeale I don't really know but he's only got 1 fight this year and its on the 22nd.

The WBA heavyweight rankings are actually corrupt though. Look at who they have as their #1. Someone nobody's even heard of.
>>
You have to wonder how Stevenson being a vegetable will affect Gvozdyk. I doubt he will be the same.
>>
>>89411209
The ref plodding behind Gvozdyk when Stevenson was out on his feet should feel like shit
>>
>>89409150
Reiss is about doing the job, and making sure the fight is good. Willis is a straight up fan. And he is right there with them, so best spot in the building. Both based
>>
File: InstaSave.jpg (103 KB, 1080x919)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>89403984
a count is not a timer
>>
I wonder if Klitschko now feels a bit better about having lost to Fury?
It likely wasn't just a fluke, nor Fury getting in his head, the man is just that good. No shame in losing to a great opponent.

I'd imagine Klitschko would be disappointed if Fury had gotten flattened by Wilder from the get-go
>>
File: canelo-fielding-1.jpg (82 KB, 720x509)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Is there a chance?
>>
>>89412188
Rocky blasts him away in 1. Screenshot this
>>
>>89412236
post betslip
>>89412188
no
>>
File: horn-3.jpg (98 KB, 1125x1125)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
What did boxrec mean by this?
>>
>>89412430
Based boxrec, think they had Nery top 5 p4p last I checked and those BUMS spence and Mikey not in the top 10.

Elite taste.
>>
File: CU8QAqCXIAAj7xd.jpg (61 KB, 600x652)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>89412049
Klitschko knows boxing. I doubt he ever felt that he lost to an average boxer and always knew he lost to a great opponent.
>>
>>89412430
Literally how is that even possible? Mundine can't have been that highly rated in boxrec's algorithm even if he's still getting a bump from Pacquiao.
>>
>>89412486
It's almost all from Pacquiao, fighting Mudnine just got him added to the middleweight list. The top 10 at middle other than Canelo/GGG just have all been fighting shit opponents so have terrible scores.
>>
who would win, young wlad or tyson fury? I think he could maybe beat him before he turned into manny stewart klitschko
>>
>>89412486
It's solely the bump from Pacquiao.
>>
>>89412486
He's not. I just checked boxrec and he's rated at 5. Beating Pacquiao and mundine now has given him a ton of points
>>
>>89412507
Young Wlad
>>
first and last time ill ever listen to that bold guy from eastenders boxing podcast
was listening to their breakdown of the fight and after a few minutes they played 5/6+ year old clip of teddy atlas and claimed he was talking about the fight
>>
>>89410194
Hate rematches, hate the buildup, the narratives. Seen them fight, rather see Joshua.
>>
File: fuck_box_.jpg (197 KB, 1280x960)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>89412468
>>
>>89409501
>implying Canelo GGG I wasn't one of the worst robberies in the last decade
You don't need to be this contrarian. I'm okay with Canelo winning the rematch but that first fight undeniably belonged to GGG
>>
I heard that the judges had Adonis as the winner. Im glad he got KTFO
>>
>>89412919
literally how was he winning
>>
>>89412188
Canelo wins, even when he loses.
>>
take a peek in the world of dirty boxing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QbyCp9vMzU
>>
>>89412931
By being home I guess
>>
>>89412931
Bro did you SEE how hard his shots were? That HAS to count for something!
>>
>>89412962
why the hell is my ip still showing as the UK. its been going on for weeks
>>
>>89412931
Same way wilder got a draw
>>
>>89407632

canadian reffing
>>
Does GGG from 2013 knock Canelo spark out? Does Canelo return home a broken chalupa? What happens to his baby dooter, Maria?
>>
>>89412892
It wasn't even close to one of the worst robberies of 2017 you crybaby, it wasn't even a robbery.
>>
CHI
>>
>>89412962
Even though this stuff does happen, Charles Farrell isn't a very well known figure. Many well known people in the sport have said they have never heard of him. He also put out this piece saying wilder ortiz was going to be fixed when clearly it was not. His writing is likely full of shit.
>>
File: RockyFielding.jpg (57 KB, 768x432)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>89413077
He'll be a breakfast burrito soon
>>
Okay, this is epic.
>>
>>89413164
TBh I think rocky can win, not sure why he's considered such a huge underdog. The height difference alone means a lot in terms of how the fight could play out
>>
>>89413313
>not sure why he's considered such a huge underdog.
He is a domestic level fighter.
>>
>>89413512
Hell KO Canelo mark my words. Easy money.
>>
>>89413309
Hopefully joe will get him fucking baked and do a good interview. Fury had him wrapped around his finger at first I think then joe realized he was completely full of shit and the show just kind of petered out
>>
Lads is adonis gonna make it?
>>
>>89413313
He's a brit.
>>
>>89413313
https://youtu.be/M3duU0u6J7Y?t=644
>>
>>89413313
Watch his last fight against Zeuge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mveMEAZyjno
he sucks at using range despite being the taller man and is wide open for counters. Canelo is going to stop him in under 3 rounds. Quite a mismatch
>>
Wouldn't it be for Fury, if Wilder and Joshua destroy each other and he picks up the pieces?
>>
Lol ODLH's PPV did 30-40k buys. And it went from $50 to $40 to $20.
>>
>>89413309
is it humanly possible to listen to deontay talk for 2 hours? guess we'll find out
>>
>>89413313
I see it cause of this:
>>89413676
Callum Smith made him look like a bitch. He is not very good, Canelo is. There is a rehydration clause, so the actual weight difference won't be very significant. This is gonna be kinda like Mikey/Easter, where the tall guy is gonna try to jab until he fucks up and gets knocked down, then ragdolled around for the rest of the fight. Except Canelo hits harder than Mikey and has a 10 times better defense.
>>
>>89414283
I didn't even notice that event until today
>>
>>89413077
>Does GGG from 2013 knock Canelo spark out?
Absolutely. Golovkin was faster and gave even less fucks than he does now and Canelo wasn't as good defensively
>>
>>89414371
Wilder's a Christfag like Fury, but he's not as good of a speaker. I hope Joe brings up Fury wanting the rematch to happen in the UK. When Stephen talked to Wilder about the rematch, Stephen tried to make it seem like Fury didn't want the rematch but Wilder disagreed with his assumptions. At the very least, Wilder probably knows that Fury's been scouting for places for their rematch.
>>
Do you have to be a tough guy to like the sport.
Asking for a friend
>>
>>89414709
No, in fact, the more desensitized you are tp violence the less impactful brutal KO's and punches will be to you. If you are squirmy fights are gonna give you more adrenaline rushes and you will feel fear for the fighters you like.
>>
>>89414487
i think canelo is trying to get some experience fighting someone 6 ft tall. all the middleweight contenders except for GGG are 6 ft.
>>
>>89414709
I'm a wuss and I love boxing. Just be respectful to the boxers because they're doing things you wouldn't dream of.
>>
>>89414709
No
>>
>>89414755
I think Canelo likes fighting often for experience to make truck-loads of cash and he wanted a quick money fight after the tough GGG rematch, and getting yet another belt on another division would also be good for his legacy. Easy fight, easy money, easy belt. Ideally he will keep having 1 tough fight 1 easy fight and fight 3 times a year.
>>
>>89414864
I will never forgive GGG for not knocking him out. Nobody else will be able to do it and he'll never be allowed to lose on points obviously were stuck with this shitbag until he gets old.
>>
>>89414864
>3 times a year
no way. his contract guarantees him what like 30 million a fight? i'll bet he fights lemiuex after this. andrade and charlo are bad news for canelo
>>
>>89415142
>andrade and charlo
boi this better be a shitpost
>>
>>89415053
Munguia will end the Canelita meme
>>
>>89415172
not at all. charlo and andrade have long fast jabs with fleet feet. charlo is less sure. andrade for sure will beat canelo.
>>
hi, /heem/ here
How shitty is JDS's boxing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANglrU8u91Y
>>
>>89415312
not that you can really tell from highlights but his guard looks shit, not looked at his record but i'd be shocked if he wasn't sparked coming forward at least a few times also his opponents looked absolute gash, do mma fighters not know how to jab and move or what? literally the first thing you get taught in boxing after how to throw properly
>>
>>89415053
No one has definitively beaten Alvarez (except maybe GGG 1) and i can't think of a current fighter with a better resume. I'd be very surprised if GGG has anything left after the 2nd fight, it was brutal.
>>
>>89413142
I really dig his historical pieces, but you gotta take it all with a grain of salt. Bit of a Victor Conte situation
>>
>>89415519
>No one has definitively beaten Alvarez
U sure about that buddy? Floyd?
>>
File: a.jpg (69 KB, 1564x391)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>89415485
Striking is inferior to grappling in MMA
That guy he knocked out at 4m11s fought him two times more and gave him two monumental beatings that changed him forever. He has never been the same after those two beatings
>>
>>89415519
>>89415553
also Pac's resume is better since he's still active
>>
>>89415555
okay...
>>
>>89415605
Almost all of the champions in MMA are wrestlers.
The current HW and LHW champion is an olympian wrestler
The best LHW of all time is a wrestler
The welterweight champion is a wrestler
The lightweight champion is a wrestler
The bantamweight champion wrestled in highschool
The flyweight champion is a wrestler that won gold in the olympics

Only the middleweight and featherweather champions are more striking based
>>
>>89415553
>>89415582
I think he meant about active fighters on his weight-class. He holds the middleweight throne and I think he beats the shit out of Andrade who is ass. BJS and Jacobs could give him so trouble, but neither of them could knock him out and he wins by cards always.
>>
>>89415605
Guys that look impressive in striking look more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5lBm5RKvk

They usually use kicks, elbows and knees
>>
>>89415669
>>89415687
let me be more clear
I do not give a fuck, you asked how good was this guys boxing, I said not very and you can't tell from a highlights video anyway
then you proceeded to sperg unrelated paragraphs on wrestling
I do not give a fuck
>>
>>89415708
>do mma fighters not know how to jab and move or what? literally the first thing you get taught in boxing after how to throw properly

I'm saying these things because of this
>>
>>89415708
Is this the jab you want to see?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wM5rUL8A0s

(but he is also a wrestler)
>>
>>89415555
>Cauliflower ears in the first pic
Yikes
>>
>>89415774
>>89415724
this is a /box/ thread
we are interested in high level boxing
we don't care about amateur level boxers who are fighting in a sport which doesn't allow them to even box properly because they need to be careful of takedowns
why not post those things and questions in the /heem/ thread? honestly it's not much different than postin KSI or Logan Paul, those guys have a similar level of boxing to your average MMA star
>>
Why is this autistic Brazilian shitting up the thread? Back to your containment thread. If we have any interest in what you're saying we'll come visit you.
>>
>>89415774
>elbows out
yikes
>>
File: Chisorab.jpg (48 KB, 640x454)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/lukesullivan___/status/1069625919923458049

'ate remoaners
'ate Whyte
'ate tables
'ate decisions
love Haye
love laxatives
love brexit
love big rights
simple as
>>
>that insecure hue that gets autistic about MMA vs boxing and doesn't realise we don't give a shit
>>
>>89415669
wrestlers get kicked in the head in street fights. Why doesn't your meme sport allow kicking people on the ground
>>
>>89403984
I'm just happy that, however indirectly, you're admitting Spaniards are shitskins, like the Portuguese.
>>
>>89415991
I don't want you to give a shit. I'm not the one getting hostile over it.
I just asked a question about a fighter's boxing and then replied to the reply.

>>89416012
The UFC doesn't allow it but PRIDE (in japan) did. I think there is another event in japan that allows it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vUlAVW1jE

Back in the day even headbutts were allowed.
>>
>>89416054
>I just asked a question about a fighter's boxing and then replied to the reply

Oh wow and it coincidentally divulged into a discussion about wrestling vs boxing, just like how the exact same thing happened the other 10 times you've done this shit. Get a life.
>>
>>89416099
>wrestling vs boxing
Actually wrestling vs any type of striking. I don't hate Boxing, dude.
>>
>>89416054
Well the UFC should add it and accept it is just bumfights live
>>
>>89416165
They're not bums. Many great grapplers are in it. Flyweight champion literally won gold in the olympics. If that's a bum I don't know who is good.
>>
File: FU.png (69 KB, 209x227)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
thread has been officially shitted up
>>
>>89416405
Time to save it with some /box/ related pics
>>
What would happen if Loma fought Castillo or Corrales?
>>
>>89416405
>>89416448
Ok, a boxing related question. Genuine question:
Why doesn't boxing allow spinning punches?
>>
January 26th Munguia is fighting Takeshi Inoue
>>
>>89416501
It's a type of backhand, which was made illegal in the bareknuckle days because it caused cuts. Fighters still try to backhand sometimes, especially with the jab
>>
File: furoido.jpg (11 KB, 322x157)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>89416501
/ournip/ will do it against Money "Floyd" Mayweather once he's in his legendary "Pretty Boi Floyd" mode that he uses against unorthodox fighters. He'll make it seem like he's about to kick (making Money say "WTF,") but he'll then hit Money's jaw so hard that he'll be bleeding 50 cent coins. This chinaman ain't no Tiajuana Uber driver... Money's about to get some work! Look at this nigga... he's a fucking super saiyan, so don't tell me Money's ducking GGG when he about to fight Goku.
>>
>>89415681
This is exactly What I was saying. None of these guys are gonna be able to KO him except MAYBE danny if he fights out of his mind
>>
>>89416501
you aren't allowed to strike with any part other than the knuckle of the glove
if you tried one anyway you'd get sparked because it's a fucking retarded punch
>>
>>89416596
should be good, cousin of Naoya I believe
>>
>>89405011
>I am legitimately betting 1000 $
Nur Kanacken wetten.
>Easy money
Banter beiseite, du bist unterentwickelt.
>>
>>89416656
You realize this fight isn't happening right?
>>
>>89416715
It's fucking happening in the country of Tokyo. Tenshin finna bout be the first man to break the rules and kick Money.
>>
>>89416701
No there's no relation. This inoue is a japanese domestic fighter.
>>
>>89416815
oh shit, there's too many Inoue's. I follow the brothers on instagram, thought I saw him training with them
>>
>>89405011
I think it will be an easy KO for Fury next time Wilder was exposed and Fury will be 50% better
>>
>>89416778
>kick Mayweather
>gets banned from fighting in the US
>even though he never plans to fight in the US
>probably a fine as well
>but he becomes a superstar and earns more in the long run with his new fame
>>
File: 773.jpg (157 KB, 702x1012)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
I'm reading about old boxers and it's interesting how their stance looked so different back in the day. Almost karate like
>>
>>89415519
Canelo is actually 47-4-1.
>>
>>89417052
In this pic is he pushing his dick up into the wasteband?
>>
>tfw won't spend New Year's Eve watching Floyd put on another clinic along with the usual Money Team antics
>>
>>89416969
I mean, he is a small 122 pound 20 year old. What if he kicks, fails and Mayweathers knocks him out? Or if he simply kicks and misses and get's DQ'ed dishonorably in a shamefur dispray? Pretty awkward.
>>
>>89417099
Stay salty lil' G fans.
>>
>>89417348
I'm not a "lil' G fan".
>>
File: popo.png (297 KB, 471x483)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
So.. I think this is the best boxer we've ever had. Is he known at all?
>WBO and WBA (Super) super featherweight champion
>two-time WBO lightweight champion.

I don't understand why boxing is so poor here 2bh
>>
File: tyson and midgets.jpg (165 KB, 1400x1050)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>89404307
It is just Wilder, Fury has been nothing but complimentary while Wilder is making excuses because he knows he lost.
>>
Do you guys reckon Wilder is one of biggest punchers in boxing history? I actually think he is.
>>
>>89417477
Eder Jofre

Freitas was in some fun fights but I doubt many people know him unless they saw him fight live. I guess everybody's playing soccer, you would think a country filled with poverty & a bazillion people would be churning out boxers left and right
>>
>>89417774
Unironically yes, but he is still a bum. Fury won that fight, and Joshua knocks him out quicker than he knocked out Dillon Whyte
>>
File: 1517871219721.gif (197 KB, 380x400)
197 KB
197 KB GIF
>>89416656
>>89416715
>>89416778
>Floyd and Tenshin
>>
File: 1533441458228.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1167)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>89417867
WE FINNA NU MALES TO THIS DAY
>TO THlS DAY
>>
>>89417774
Wlad and Vitali both hit harder
>>
>>89403989
This was a bad day for me to try and stop being racist.
>>
>>89417896
false on both accounts
>>
>>89417889
Imagine the smell?
>>
>>89417847
It's not because everybody is playing soccer though. When it comes to fighting people are doing BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai, MMA...
>>
>>89417913
There's a video on yt of Chris Arreola who fought both Vitali and Wilder where he says exactly this. I reckon he'd known better than you hackmed.
>>
>>89416498
Castillo Salido's Loma but Loma schools Corrales
>>
>>89417922
can you get a trip please, for the good of the board
thanks
>>
>>89417913
100% chance Wlad hits harder
>>
>>89417998
Are you retarded and can't follow a conversation? Do you only see things post by post or something? I'm talking about boxing, you retard. I'm not comparing arts. I'm saying that people here don't do much boxing that's why we aren't churning out boxers.
>>
>>89417943
>>89418013
can we just ban these fucking beaner americans from /sp/ already?
>>
>>89417896
Yeah, I'm gonna have to doubt that mate. No hard feelings.
>>
File: Wilder-Fury KD2.webm (2.83 MB, 704x396)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>89417896
>>89418013
Wait, does that mean that Wilder is technically more skilled than Klitschko?
Because Wilder dropped Fury. Twice. Klitschko didn't drop him once. That either means Wilder has more power... or he's the better technician.

You don't need to answer that, the answer is obvious, Wilder is not a more technically skilled fighter, he just hits REALLY hard.
He only landed like 11 more power punches than Klit too.

This isn't even le triangle theory, i'm not saying Wilder beats Klitschko, just that he obviously has more power than Klitschko.
Wilder is the one with a 95% KO rate, Wilder is the one who seems to be able to KO or at least knock down any fighter in any round of the fight, Wilder is the one who excites crowds with spectacular knockouts whilst Klit often bored them to tears.
>>
>>89418126
Differnce is Fury embarrassed Wilder and made him miss punches all night, and this is Fury after being out of the ring for 2 years, being severely depressed, losing 10 stone and being coked out and drunk during his time out. And fury was making Wilder look like the bum he is, the Fury that fought Klitschko EMBARRASES Wilder
>>
>>89418126
No, it means Wilder has fought exactly 2 non bums his entire career

he went life and death with a 50 year old Cuban and lost to Fury quite easily

Wilder is complete garbage and honestly and embarrassment to boxing
>>
>>89418092
not really that outrageous a claim desu
if you got all heavies to wing their punches in like wilder does I reckon you'd find alot of the big boys hit the same or harder
difference is, they have an IQ larger than a single digit so they try to string their punches together allowing them to win rounds on a consistent basis and not losing every round they don't knock their opponents down in
>>
File: Wilder-Fury KD2-2.webm (2.92 MB, 704x396)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>89418154
I agree with everything but the last things you said, Wilder looked like a fucking fool during the Fury fight, especially in the later rounds when he tried to string together combinations but Fury slipped them all.
But Fury cant get anymore fit than he already is. The shape he's in is the same shape he was in during the Klitschko fight, the same Fury that beat Klitschko would likely get hurt by Wilder, especially if he got touched up like he sometimes did against Klitschko.

>>89418180
Nice job not disputing what I said.
>>
>>89418197
Fury was 100% in better shape for the klit fight, you can see he's carrying a lot less muscle on his shoulders and a lot more fat round his stomach
>>
>>89418197
your points are beyond retarded
>>
>>89418126
Wlad was also at the tail end of his career and fucking bored. Put a 33 year old Wlad in there and make the comparison. Fury would've lost to a prime Wlad.
>>
>>89418197
I am not responding to you anymore, your statements confirm for me you are clueless about boxing. The shape he is in is not the issue, the issue is he was fucking retired for two years and his body had to lose 10 stone to get to that shape, he was severely depressed and was not boxing during his time off and his internal organs are probably destroyed. Plus alcohol and cocaine fucks with your stamina. Anyway not carrying this on the fact that you think the Fury that fought Wilder is the same as the one that fought klitschko shows me you are really, really dumb
>>
File: Wilder-Fury KD1.webm (2.9 MB, 704x396)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>89418235
>>89418246
>>89418255
>he da older derefor he wurse dan he wuz b4
Kek, neck yourself retards.
>>
File: fury f.jpg (80 KB, 768x432)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>89418278
What are you trying to prove? You can post those Webms all night but the fact is Fury won that fight, its universally recognised by non spastics like you, no matter how much you shill for Wilder he will not fuck your mother while you jerk off in the corner you cuck
>>
File: AJ.png (99 KB, 206x306)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>89416448
>>
File: haha.jpg (120 KB, 621x405)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>89418327
>but the fact is Fury won that fight, its universally recognised
>Got knocked down twice
>Won
You're a comedian.
>>
>>89418420
>imagine having all of these images and webms saved
Just imagine how much this anons jerks off to black cuck porn, embarrasing

Anyway cuck I have gave you too much attention already, everyone has already agreed Fury won, just because you walked in on a black guy fucking your mum as a kid does not mean you can ignore boxing rules to make your favourite black bull win.
>>
File: Chief Warrior.png (316 KB, 542x304)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>89416448
>>
File: Wilder-Fury.jpg (267 KB, 768x432)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>89418452
>Just imagine how much this anons jerks off to black cuck porn, embarrasing
>Implying i'm a weak little wh*teboi
You got the game fucked up, anon.
>>
Can you recommend me a fight where there's a reach disparity like Tua vs Lennox Lewis and the guy with the shorter reach wins. Also the guy with the long reach must not be a bum.
>>
>>89418469
remember when chris was on louis theroux's documentary and louis accused him of swearing and he was so defensive you'd think louis called him a pedophile

kek
absolute madlad
>>
>>89418420
floyd thought wilder won tho
>>
>>89418493
How big of a reach disparity we talking here?
There's Leonard-Duran 1, where there's apparently an 8 inch reach disparity between them, but Duran still managed a win.
>>
>>89418493
Tyson Holmes
>>
>>89418555
I've seen that one but wasn't Holmes old as dirt or something?
>>
>>89418571
Hagler Hearns Haye Valuev then, idk I thought you were a manlet looking to see big people btfo so you could get vicarious enjoyment
>>
>>
>>89418488
Your ancestors were my ancestors slaves,

I am saying this sincerely, I would legit consider suicide if I was black. You are dumb, disenfranchised and borderline monster looking with your gross skin. I could go on a long rant about how much it would suck to be a black man but I do not want to make you feel bad, but god damn I feel for you bro. You got dealt a bad hand in life.
>>
File: Joshua-Klitschko KD.webm (680 KB, 720x404)
680 KB
680 KB WEBM
>>89418673
First, I don't have slave ancestors you illiterate swine. Not your fault though, all wh*toids are born with dismal mental capacities.
Second, even if I were descended from slaves in America, you're British, which didn't participate in the slave trade to nearly the extent of America.

Stay mad wh*teboi, this is a BLACK sport.
>>
>>89418493
One of my faves
https://youtu.be/Y3zqrxZOpVY
>>
>>89418825
I am actually being serious all banter aside, do you hate being black? You look like legit monsters, with like dirty black skin, fucked up faces just disgusting when it comes to physical appearance. Then there is the having no culture or legacy, being borderline mongoloids with horrible IQs the list is endless.
>>
>>89418825
>being this retarded
Yep you being black makes sense
>>
File: Klitschko-Brewster.webm (1.69 MB, 720x540)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB WEBM
>>89418924
What banter wh*toid?
I've been deadass with you since the beginning, you're inferior.
>>
>>89417052
That's because it took a while for the sport to adjust to the gloved era. The rules were different and body shots were a bigger focus since you could break your hands punching to the head. Old boxers were almost like fencers in the way they fought
>>
File: anglo.png (589 KB, 660x650)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>>89418673
>>89418924
What about you? You're talking like you're some sort of superior being while blacks are inferior and yet there many successful blacks despite all obstacles and racism out there while you're here talking to someone from the third world and a guy that you're calling inferior at this time of the day.

>culture
jazz, blues, legacy in sports which is part of popular culture which they have strong success in the sport you're talking about right now

You say they're ugly but do you think women would prefer you or an Idris Elba or even for example Joshua?
>>
>>89419117
>getting baited by counter bait
you seriously haven't made a decent post this whole thread, get a trip
>>
>>89419170
Why don't you just go to reddit where you can upvote posts and people have accounts since you want to rate posts so much?
>>
>>89419117
Isn't it cold in britain? Why do some many brits pop their shirts off?
>>
>>89419360
why don't you get a trip so we can filter you
not interested in rating your post, just wish you would fuck off so I don't have to read ~20 posts on wrestling or a paragraph responding to bait
>>
>>89419562
I posted about wrestling 4 hours ago. I'm not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay attention to my posts. This isn't your board. You're not special. I don't give a shit about how you feel.
>>
>>89418493
Duran vs Barkley
Martinez vs Williams 2
>>
>>89418528
*fury
>>
File: 1544076683744.webm (2.81 MB, 500x274)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>when casual fans watch a technical boxing fight
>>
ALWAYS BALLIN
>>
Wilder is honestly one of the dumbest chimps if ever seen. Literal 0.5 IQ. His Instagram video of the count is not only embarrassing because he doesn't even start the count at the correct time but mainly the fact he's still going on about it when fury has already moved on and has congratulated wilder many times for a good fight meanwhile wilder is still trying to beef fury with BS like this. What a terrible person and sportsman.
>>
>>89420060
Now the tax man is going to ask where it all came from.
>>
>>89410542
Muh imaginary vpn/proxy
>>
>>89415553
>>89415582
Duly corrected. Possibly one of Mayweathers best wins but i have a slight asterisk next to it as Alvarez was badly weight-drained at 152lbs
>>
>>89420327
ACQUIRE BIGNESS
>>
Pac vs cotto/dlh
>>
>>89418825
Conspiracy theory: did Vitali tell Wlad to go easy after knocking down Joshua so that his little brother wouldn't have a better win or legacy?
>>
>>89420319
Hes desperate for the rematch, hope Fury doesnt take it and tells the nigger to fuck off
>>
>>89420319
Saw a clip of JRE (don't judge) where old Joe says its legit and Wilder is right.
>>
Wilder is the only boxer whose punches get more textbook and accurate when he gasses
>>
>>89420457
>jre
Truly, a fountain of boxing wisdom
>>
>>89420483
Yeah I definitely don't agree with him but just saying retards believe things.
>>
>>89404822
Whyte stops chisora, Whyte has gotten better, Chisora is the same if not gotten worse and if he tries his rope-a-dope tactic again he won't get past round 6
>>
>>89420398
Blacks have like their own special language or some shit goddamn.
>>
Khan DESTROYS canelo in the rematch
>>
>>89420545
It'd be nice if they had their own country and only lived there
>>
>>89420442
Lmao or what? What the fuck else is fury going to do?The rematch brings him millions. I swear you knobgobblers are more upset about the fight than fury is.
>>
>>89420545
Why are you speaking the language of the oppressor? Ní thuigim
>>
>>89420565
Is é coileach mór na Breataine a chónaíonn a chuid masa
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (52 KB, 599x501)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>I am actually being serious all banter aside, do you hate being black? You look like legit monsters, with like dirty black skin, fucked up faces just disgusting when it comes to physical appearance. Then there is the having no culture or legacy, being borderline mongoloids with horrible IQs the list is endless.
>>
>>89420596
>Then there is the having no culture or legacy,
Brits all want to pretend to be black american gangsters and dress up in their clothes. Even africans like AJ
>>
>>89420614
Black Brits do, wiggers here think they're Jamaican
>>
>>89418126
fury was blowing his nose. He would have ducked earlier and missed the punch had he not been doing that.
>>
>>89420614
nobody wears fubu
>>
>>89420682
>>89420705
Uh oh the retard austrailian is posting again. This thread just dropped a few IQ points already
>>
File: 1535310877417.jpg (57 KB, 600x813)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
You faggots keep talking about Fury/Wilder like either of them looked good in the fight. They're both EASY WORK for The Champ™
>>
>>89420725
Let's Go Gramp
>>
>>89420720
> people wear fubu
>>
>>89420457
DUDE WEED LMAO
I WAS TAKING A GNARLY DAB OFF MY WAX PIPE (EVERY DAB TAKES ME AT LEAST 15 SECONDS) AND WHEN I LOOKED UP FURY WAS STILL ON THE CANVAS
>>
>>89404420

Started boxing late
Had a great career despite of going late into boxing
Was fun to watch
Beat jermain taylor/glen johnson/kessler/abraham
Lost only 2 times in a career of 10+ years
Avenged 1 loss
Only true loss was against a guy who is p4p one of the best.
>>
>>89404458
dude he was never knocked out...
>>
File: fubu-nsync.jpg (123 KB, 1204x735)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>89420758
Fuck you Fubu was the shit. It'll come back
>>
>>89420813
Cheating scumbag https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=42&v=COlZGhG5
>>
>>89416965
Disappointed he didn't go for it in the 10th when Wilder was gassed out his arse desu
I know he was up 8 rounds and all but that was Wlad-tier, everyone and their mum knows boxing judges are bent as a two bob note, should have put him down
>>
>>89420828
>>89420828
Fixed link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COlZGhG5B5Q
>>
>>89415952
Truly /ourguy/
Can't wait until he ends the Whyte and AJ memes and they make Fury/Chisora 3 for all the belts
>>
>>89420813
>Started boxing late
Pretty sure thats wrong
>>
>>89420841
How will it be for all the belts when Andre Ward will come back to school Joshua in front of 100k people in wembley?
>>
>>89409274
When did Raven get so hot?
>>
>>89420926
>inb4 punished GGG knocks out Andre 'Son of Judges' Ward at wembley infront of 80k screaming frochomaniacs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzobxCNt5Eg

Absolutely incredible, Eddie had managed to find an even bigger lying hypocritical self serving snake than himself to be interviewed by. A herculean task.
>>
>>89404458
kek
>>
Why the fuck was that Jake Paul kid in Luis Ortiz's corner last week?
>>
>>89420865
It is wrong. He was boxing at an early age, but only started taking it seriously at 19. People seem to miscontrue this as he first put on a pair of gloves at 19.
>>
>>89421079
Will not be watching this
>>
>>89420823
Lol I used to wear that shit. What the fuck was I thinking?
>>
>>89420547
Khan is unironically going to beat Crawford
>>
is there a benefit in training your grip strength for boxing?
>>
>>89421179
>Luis Ortiz
>beloved daughter is a Jake Paul fan
>through her you learn about Jake Paul vs KSI
>see Shannon Briggs promote the fight and decides to watch it
>fight happens
>can clearly tell that Jake Paul won and KSI is THAT bad
>beloved daughter asks if the fight was really a draw
>"No, jaeck pool es weinner."
And it all went up from there. Still hyped for Ortiz vs Joyce. Aside from Fury vs Wilder II, that's gonna be a kino fight.
>>
>>89421387
Yes. Purely for the fact it strengthens your hands and wrists. I do towel pull ups and wrist curls for this.
>>
>>89421414
Lol, nice summary.
Me too mate, that fight will be quality. Who do you have winning?
>>
>>89421422
are these couch potato hand trainers any good?
>>
>>89421462
Like captains of crush grippers? They are ok, but towel pull ups are better.
>>
>>89421462
If you get some COC grippers make sure you try them in store to find the right one first.
>>
>>89421475
thanks for the towel grip recommendation mate, didn't know these exist and I can actually do these at home unlike normal pullups
>>
>>89415952
BASED
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1070645062252535808
>>
>>89421079
no idea about politics or anything, but he sincerely fucked me off with his interjecting in this, annoying as fuck
>>
>>89421444
If the fight goes up to rounds 8-12, then I think Joyce stands a chance of winning. However, Ortiz has what it takes to end the fight early, and it all depends on how strong Joyce's chin versus a hard puncher like Ortiz. It will be tested during this fight because Ortiz has what it takes to land a strong blow. Like Fury vs Wilder I, it's a fight that's 50/50.
>>
>>89421672
Why does boxing have some many insane personalities compared to every other sport? Do other sports have guys as nuts as Mayorga and Broner who give zero fucks about winning? It's surprising that there isn't a reality show about these guys.
>>
>>89421697
Meant for >>89421649
>>
>>89421566
You're welcome mate. I feel they have really aided me in keeping my hands and wrists strong. I'm surprised more boxers don't do them.
>>
>>89421194
Yeah in Jake Woods podcast Froch said he started at around 11 enjoyed it then moved at 16 and the gym he went when he moved to was full of travellers and that put him off going

Essentially became a s oyboy till 19 and was in college and smoking weed

His words
>>
>>89421672
I agree, it's pretty much a 50/50 fight at this point. Joyce was in there with some world class fighters in the amateurs, so he should be ok with the step up. Obviously, Usyk schooled him though. This is also the reason I'm picking Usyk to beat Joshua if that fight is made. I believe Usyk has an easy time with bigger opponents due to his footwork and speed. Joshua fights in a straight line, Usyk uses lateral movement to create angles which will be a nightmare for Joshua.
>>
>>89421672
Joyce isn't that good but he's a lump, don't think Ortiz will stop him
>>
>>89420319
Yeah it really sucks. Like I get saying “I think I won” or whatever but he seems to really be milking it and trying to pin it on race. Just move on, it’s fucking embarrassing. If there is a rematch I’d be rooting for Fury 100% I rooted for Wilder the first time but fuck him
>>
>>89404160
I’m a Brit and I’d love to see wilder KO media trained puppet ‘stay humble’ AJ. Fury #1 though
>>
>>89421797
Joyce was 210lbs back then reminder
>>
>>89421905
Joyce isn't good enough as a boxer, he's a come forward fighter who boxes like a robot but he's tall and strong
>>
Where will Joyce vs Ortiz even be? Is Haymon going to start doing cards in the UK? Seems too big to be on an undercard honestly. It's a very similar level of fighter to Whyte vs Parker.
>>
>>89422043
think I remember reading that Haymon wants to break into the UK market a while ago
not sure if this is it mind, it will bomb in the UK
actually it will bomb anywhere, really Joyce should've signed with Hearn
>>
File: Good goy.png (74 KB, 524x504)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>89422065
>#EarnwithHearn
>>
>>89422043
In the US probably. He's doing Eubank vs DeGale but generally it will be hard to do UK shows because there's no real money outside of Sky and BT
>>
>>89422065
Matchroom didn't want him. He doesn't really fit in with their plans at all.
>>
>>89422043
It won't be in the UK. It'll be used to prop up one of the weaker PPVs. Possibly Spence Garcia.
>>
NEW
>>89422087
>>89422087
>>89422087
>>
>>89422071
It's fair enough, Frank has no heavies he'll match Joyce with and Hearn is a very good promoter as evidenced by Bellend having three very successful ppvs in two years
>>
>>89420725
browne, haye, oquendo,
the first two when people still thought they had something left in them.
how good a run would it have been, and where would he rank?
>>
>>89421069
I prefer Cobraholics
>>
>>89420829
I think Freddie Roach said the same thing right after the fight. He thought Fury could have KO'd him if he went for it in the later rounds and was annoyed the corner was telling him to chill and stick to boxing.
>>
>>89420457
Wilder's BS video looks right if you just see it and don't think too much. It starts the count when the punch lands, when the official count is supposed to start when the ref signals a knockdown, which is like a second after the vid starts the count.

Regardless, this dude is reduced to arguing (badly) over a half second. The count in boxing is a human being's count anyway. Not a stopwatch. It wouldn't even matter if the count was over by a half second according to a stopwatch. The only count that matters is the ref's count.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.