[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download (12).jpg (9 KB, 223x226)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ

I'm going to start drastically reducing my meat consumption until it's completely dry.
>>
Once meat becomes subsidized much less and alternatives become cheap then it'll be reasonable for most people to be a vegan
But as it stands, meat is cheaper than any meat alternative.
Its hard to convince people to change if the alternative is to stop altogether.
>>
>>10963446
I've never really understood this "tapering off of meat" just stop buying and eating it lol
>>
File: 1558664011681.jpg (9 KB, 233x217)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>10963446
>>10963464
>but muh meeaaat. How else do I grow muscles.
>muh government turning men into pussies. I want my meeeaaatt.
>bbbbutt it's tasty.
>the animals don't really suffer.
>>
>>10963446
>>10963464
>>10964527
Veganism is fake and gay. Vegans are all malnourished bean muchers, unless they take steroids and supplements. This is why gooks, who eat a lot of vegan shit, are all small cocked manlets.
>>
>>10964546
I don't care if animals suffer or not. They wouldn't even exist in the first place without our demand for meat. Stopping meat consumption would lead to the deaths of millions of animals, as they would have to be killed since there would be no incentive to keep them alive.
Vegans literally want to GENOCIDE BILLIONS of animals.
>>
>>10964559
>Stopping meat consumption would lead to the deaths of millions of animals,
What does it matter if they're going to die anyway in one or two months? You justify a industry based on a infinite cycle of killing animals by pointing out that abolishing it could involve killing unwanted animals. Why would you care in the first place?
>>
>>10964559
You're a fucking moron. Do you know what a "rate" is. It's a quantity per unit time. Neat huh?

Take the number of animals slaughtered each year and add them up into the future. Now add your beloved "growth" to the equation. This number is millions of times larger than a one time "deaths of millions of animals" - if that were even necessary (doubful). Fuck you people. Fucking retards the lot of you.
>>
>>10963446
Take a serious look at vegan cultures and major meat eating cultures.
Meat eating cultures are predatory; dominate, expansionist, inquisitive
Vegan cultures are prey like; submissive, stationary, ritualistic
>>
>>10964566
They are fucking morons. You can't teach a monkey algebra.
>>
Humans are meant to die anyway, so why bother? Its better to die younger from heart attack and cancer than to die of old age.
>>
>>10964566
>>10964576
If EVERYONE adopte veganism, it would lead to the deaths of BILLIONS of animals. You disgusting genocidal sick fucks.
>>
>>10964576
>>10964585
1. You shouldn't get angry over this. There's no use for that.
2. Arguing with them based on neutral facts etc. is of little use. The arguments introduced in favor of the meat industry are eerily similar to those used to defend antebellum slavery. A status quo, a lot of people knowing that it ought to be wrong but ultimately not caring about it. Combined with the strong urge for hunting and eating meat in general which is simply the product of human history makes this even more problematic. People generally care little about ethics and morals as long as these values aren't forced upon them by the social framework they're living in.
>>
>>10964592
I'm aware this is a shitpost but some Anon may actually take you seriously.
>>
File: vegan.jpg (93 KB, 1258x667)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>10964579
>>
>>10964600
>You shouldn't get angry over this.
Or.
You SHOULD get angry over this.
>>
>>10964608
And what would the result be? Emotional affectibility never solved problems. It's more often than not the cause of them. There are other, also objective reasons why people should reduce meat consumption.
>>
>>10964616
After a certain point your strategy becomes worse than useless.
There's a reason pacifists lose. They get killed.
>>
>>10964566
>>10964585
>>10964600
Lmao, you are literally fucking cultists.
Veganism is a religion, it's not a fact. You are no better than the mormons or scientologists.
>>
File: 0e2.jpg_large.jpg (33 KB, 478x392)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10964642
>No u
>Case closed
>>
>>10964549
It's sad that this post would be serious on /pol/ or reddit.
>>
>>10964576
>dude if we killed everyone on the planet less humans would suffer in total so we should like totally genocide everyone, pass the bong please?
>>
>>10963446
I eat meat almost daily and I'm skinny as fuck, have a mirin metabolism and am healthy. Nice try faggan.
>>
>>10964765
i kek'd, i tip you my fedora good sire
>>
>>10964772
>I eat meat almost daily and I'm skinny as fuck, have a mirin metabolism and am healthy. Nice try faggan.
Your poor body probably has problems actually metabolising your food so your not even absorbing as much nutrients you need. You need certain levels of vitamins and enzymes to even digest your food appropriately. That's why a balanced diet is best.
>>
>>10964765
I doubt you'd want to be born if your life was 2 years in squalid conditions followed by inescapable execution.

I consider it immoral to abuse and kill your child even though you created it, and I consider it immoral to inseminate animals for you to eat their offspring.
>>
>>10963464
Reminder the meat industry kills a hundred times more animals PER WEEK than Hitler and the Nazis killed jews from 1933 to 1945.
>>
>>10965434
That's 5,000 Holocausts PER YEAR. Let that sink in.
>>
>>10963446
>vegan
fucking terrible for you, everything should be done in moderation. there are essential vitamins, amino acids, proteins that can ONLY be found in meat or meat by products.
>>
People thinking in all or nothing terms

I'm 15% meat, eating it one day a week now. Its all good.
>>
>>10964592
vegans are literally terrorists.
this need to be stopped
>>
>>10965413
>You need certain levels of vitamins and enzymes to even digest your food appropriately. That's why a balanced diet is best.
i think i exactly have this problem.
how do you balance your diet?
>>
>>10965504
not being vegan
>>
>>10965467
and in supplements
>>
>>10965499
Milk-Chan! go do something about it!
>>
>>10965509
>meat by-products
>>
>>10965467
>have arteries inflamed for 16 hours a day
>im all good brah
kek
>>
>>10965508
im not vegan. but i feel as though i get no energy or nutrition from my food.
i feel like im dying
>>
>>10965520
is that what veganism does to you? all I know not having any animal products in your diet is shit for your health.
>>
>>10965520
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>10965522
>energy
do you eat enough fruit/do you eat enough protein?
>>
>>10965526
why did god make us so we have to kill to survive?
kind of sick
>>
>>10965530
almost no fruit. what little meat i eat is all processed crap
>>
>>10965531
god doesn't exist. everything dies. perpetuating our own lives at the cost of others is how we all got here.
>>
>>10965535
processed meat is shit, probably better off a malnourished vegan and eat some fruit, it's yummy.
>>
>>10965537
so its true. we are just base animals.
killing and eating other animals just to survive.
>>
>>10964607
this slide right here tells me beyond a shadow of doubt that it's bullshit
thanks for saving my time
>>
>>10965541
i like chicken and fish, alot. but im too lazy to cook good food like that. so i eat microwavable dinners. campbells soup and mountain house meals almost exclusively. i feel bad
>>
>>10965526
Accord to studies, if you eat any meat, your arteries are inflamed for 6-7 hours, then the cycle is repeated by eating another meat piece. Basically just bacterias in meat makes your immune system weaker.
>>
>>10964546
everything suffers, you're not god and not eating meat wont make animals suffer any less. You animalfags are funny you care so much about animals but you don't do anything about human suffering.
>>
>>10965583
the more i think about meat, the more gross it sounds all the time
eating meat pieces, kind of makes me feel sick
>>
>>10963446
Funny how people start shilling this stuff right as the corporate media starts pushing insects and human flesh as a viable alternative to regular meat.

And it's well established that red meats increase T production.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181

This is further supported by the very fact that women don't want to touch vegetarian men.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/study-women-dont-want-to-date-vegetarian-men/

However it's not just men that benefit from meat red meat is also shown to reduce risk of depression in women. Something that is oddly widespread in our modern society.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9158235/Red-meat-halves-risk-of-depression.html
>>
>>10965599
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
lacto-ovo vegetarian diet caused a minor decrease in total testosterone and no significant changes in physical performance in male endurance athletes compared with 6 wk on a mixed, meatrich diet.
>https://pjmedia.com/trending/study-women-dont-want-to-date-vegetarian-men/
The results showed that men who perceived vegetarianism as feminine preferred meat-based dishes for themselves and expected their female partners to choose vegetarian dishes. Together, these findings show that gender role norms prescribing that men eat meat are actively maintained by both women and men and do in fact guide men’s food choices.
In short, sexism and gender roles and not inherent natural components of attractions
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5745880/
This study links meat consumption with a higher risk of depression.

Actually study the stuff instead of reading the title because it supposedly supports your preconceived opinion.
>>
Every vegan thread you make, I'm going to buy at least one meat product I otherwise would not have. Your threads kill animals.
>>
>>10964546
What if I only eat meat from animals that were raised in pastures and treated humanely up until slaughter?

>>10964566
If the animals have good lives, is that better than no life at all?
>>
>>10965660
so what's the tl;dr ?
is meat objectively god or bad?
>>
>>10965668
>t. snowflake triggered by a post on a mongolian basket weaving forum
I eat meat and I don't care what OP posts.
>>
>>10965668
I'm going to do this too, and go to the gym one extra time a week to make use of the protein and become an Ubermench and add to the healthy meat eater statistics
>>
>>10965680
if you were a real ubermensch, you'd be helping to solve the kike problem
>>
>>10965687
I post on 4chan though.
>>
>>10965668
The point isn't you're hurting animals or OP is trying to save animals. The point is, the leading cause of death in the US is meat eating diet.

So when you eat meat, meat eats your life force.
>>
>>10964579
Does a single vegan culture exist? Is there even a majority vegetarian country? India is only like 30%.
>>
>>10965660
>200,000 years of hunting are just sexism and gender roles
>>
>>10965677
I personally have less problems with animals being slaughtered who were raised on pastures. The same is true for those who hunt their own meat. I primarily criticize factory farms.
>>10965678
Let's be honest. Even though I'm a vegetarian, meat probably is good for you although probably not every kind of meat.
>>
>>10965699
>Introduces a completely simplified understanding of human nature and evolution.
Hunting is primarily linked with bodily performance and the attraction good physical performance has on women is well documented. Eating meat is a product of hunting and generally, hunter-gatherers share meat around rather than monopolizing it, so no. Meat consumption is not inherently connected with masculinity.
>>
>>10965660

>lacto-ovo vegetarian diet caused a minor decrease in total testosterone and no significant changes in physical performance in male endurance athletes compared with 6 wk on a mixed, meatrich diet.

if you compare the median T values:
(13.7/17.4)*100%=78.7%

You think 21.26% less T isn't significant? Even if it was only 5% difference the idea that vegans have higher T is moot.

>The results showed that men who perceived vegetarianism as feminine preferred meat-based dishes for themselves and expected their female partners to choose vegetarian dishes. Together, these findings show that gender role norms prescribing that men eat meat are actively maintained by both women and men and do in fact guide men’s food choices.

Yeah big brain time, gender roles are rooted in biology.

>This study links meat consumption with a higher risk of depression.

It's pretty disingenuous of you so warp the words around like that. It says overeating red meat leads to higher risk of depression.
>>
>>10965696
A 30% out of billion is quite a lot.

>does single vegan culture exist
Jains.
>>
>>10965660
you also linked to wrong study guy

https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/334910
>>
>>10965714
You show little understanding how any of these studies are performed and how their meaningfulness more or less equals zero as long as none of their results have been repeatedly reproduced. My counterargument consisted in showing you that I could find a study more or less claiming the exact opposite of what you did.
>Yeah big brain time, gender roles are rooted in biology.
>Claims, all human societies and cultures share the same gender roles
>Except when they don't.
This whole gender roles are only rooted in biology is a childish answer to the academic position that gender roles are purely cultural. Everyone with at least some understanding of human societies and especially those of more primitive people knows that gender roles are malleable.
>>
>>10965714
Resting testosterone levels have no correlation with althletic ability. The only thing you're doing is ramping your metabolism thank's to all those unnecessary proteins and fats since you're not a sprinter or do heavy labor 10 hours a day.

The only trait correlated with althletic ability is digit ratio.
>>
>>10963446
I had a friend who tried going vegan once and he had to go to hospital because he had several deficiencies from not consuming meat LOL
enjoy your fucking s.oylent bottles and supplement pills
>>
>>10965696
there's a town of black jews in Israel and they're all vegans
>>
>>10965734
If you read the original article I posted it clearly says specifically that red meat is the primary factor and other animal proteins provide no benefit. The study you posted claims all meat MIGHT be linked to higher depression risk. But even the study itself says that conclusion warrants further investigation.

You're going to have to do more than say gender roles are childish in order to disprove the biological basis of gender roles.
>>
File: Naamloos 8.png (870 KB, 1920x1080)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
Vegans are ssoooooo healthy :):)
>>
File: Naamloos 2.png (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
Vegans dont get anemia!!1!!1! Just eat some lentils anon!!!!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
And u will totally not get bug eyes because of the thyroid problems it causes!!!!! thats just a meme anon!!!!!
>>
>>10965793
>>10965790
>>10965786
nah nah man. They're just vampires in disguise is all.
>>
I'd give up meat tomorrow if vegans/vegetarians could be hunted legally for sport desu senpai.
>>
>>10965808
But then we could hunt you, baka.
>>
>>10965554
No fucking vwonder. If your to lazy to look after your health atleast do something to fix it. Get married to some bay you don't care about so you she can cook you food. Like mail order bride.
You'll struggle to garner and nutrients the way your going.
Just look up on have your body doesn't metabolise protein aswell without other vegetable nutrients involved. Go from there
>>
>>10965734
after removing all the buzzwords and cheap insults from your post there's not much left, but it seems in absence of a counterargument you hoped to shine doubt on the studies by saying they aren't replicated and are probably contradicted, neither of which you actually know, otherwise you would've endeavored to prove it. I don't doubt you could've dug up some contradicting article by buzzfeed or something though.

>childish answer to le academic consensus
no one cares what gender studies professors say about biology
>>
>>10965754
>town of black vegan jews
don't tell /pol/
>>
>>10963446
How will veganism affect my inability to build muscle?
>>
>>10965844
maybe you have a rare condition where you can only build muscle from onions
>>
>>10965844
Well if you eat enough vegans you'll eventually have the strength to weave your own dreamcatchers and dig up your own healing crystals.
>>
>>10965852
Well my concern is getting enough calories, proteins, and certain micronutrients would be harder under veganism. If they can address this and muscle building they might be able to win me over. But I'm willing to try anything that could work including chugging so.ylent by the bottle.
>>
>>10965868
trust me bro just go vegan bro trust me it's natural and you'll feel so healthy bro and it's like good for the animals man. bro just trust me bro
>>
>>10965868
maybe if you have the impossible burger for lunch every day for a year it will achieve the impossible by fixing your muscles
>>
>>10965859
Based
>>
>>10965553
srsly, did a fucking 6th grader prepare the fucking presentation
>>
>>10964603
>Imagine coming to 4chan from reddit and thinking you spotted a meme loaded 'shitpost'.
>Thinking your great at this point, you call anon out on it, topped smug.png(except no image).
>The thing your reddit brain didn't come to term with is: Every post on 4chan is a 'shitpost'
I am not sure anymore.
>>
>>10965852
onions are actually shown to improve testosterone levels
>>
What's wrong with killing animals? I literally don't care about these brainless fucks, why do people think it's wrong?
>>
>>10966489
compared to me that's all most people are... I don't see the problem with cannibalism but luckily for everyone else I haven't run out of delicious pork yet.
>>
>>10963446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXKJaQeteE0

hrm. funny because i feel best on just meat.
>>
>>10965434
Proof? Burden of proof is yours, too lazy myself.
>>
>>10964694
>ur mom gay
>Case opened
>Case closed
>>
Veganism is a religion. It has ALL the dynamics and component of a religion.
>>
>>10966714
Explain
>>
>>10965434
100 * 0 = 0
>>
>>10966717
Eating vegetables make you gay and feminine. Meat4lyfe
>>
Veganism is retarded. Any diet that requires artificial supplements only available because of our advanced society and chemistry mastery is unhealthy. You should be able to get what nutrients you need with real food.

Eating nothing but beef, chicken, broccol, spinach, cheese, and nuts, and I’ve never felt healthier or more energetic. I don’t even exercise aside from light walking and some leg lifts.
>>
This reminds me of the best episode of King of Queens.
>>
>>10966717
>Denial of contradictory evidence
>Adherents cherrpick data to fit the idea
>Idea is touted as a universal fact of reality, despite it just being a socially constructed idea
>People are seperated into believers and non-believers
>Non-vegans are demonised as morally reprhensible sinners
>Vegans are compelled to proselytise veganism to "teach" the non-believers of their sinful ways
>Non-believers are often excommuicated by believers
You will find these components in every religion.
>>
>>10963446
I thought /sci/ was supposed to be smart
>>
I don't want to read all this and watch a video. Just tell me what to do /sci/.
>>
>>10967880
just avoid food that is obviously trash and you'll be fine.
everyone dies one day, jeez
>>
>>10967891
>one day
One day ain't so bad.
>>
>>10967891
But pigs and crustaceans are obviously trash. Were the Jews right?
>>
>>10967891
Avoid processed foods like easymac, bologna, hotdogs, instant meals. have a diet high in vegetables, grains, fruits and nuts, limit meat consumption to once a week or so. Use dairy as a supplement if you can drink/eat it and get plenty of exercise.
>>
>>10964546
Empathy for farm animals is a sign of low T.
>>
>>10964592
Eating animals doesn't cause genocide?
>>
>>10967933
>>10967939
Fuck you guys. Killing animals, especially those who were born to die is alright but we don't have to be dicks about it.
>>10967891
>>10967918
Is it safe to eat from gun blued cast iron? (Self inflicted blu.) how about teflon and aluminum? Glass is a pain in the ass.
>>
>mentions 3x the risk for poultry consumption
>leaves out lack of association or smaller risk for red meat
>omits 1/3 the risk for processed meat consumption
Nice cherry picking, here.
>>
I have no problem eating meat, since animals are not members of my tribe, they can’t participate in human society, they can’t reproduce and carry on human society, and most importantly they are most useful to me as meat. With dogs, they are most useful to humans alive, for their companionship and utility. Some other animals can be domesticated to be nice, but not social like dogs. Likewise, horses are most useful to humans alive, although their utility depends on their health, unlike dogs.

I think most people who think that farm animals are companions are actually just childless women who are misapplying their maternal impulses and misidentifying animals as actual members of their family. That childlessness can lead to mental illness and eating disorders is just a testament of how important it is for women to have babies quickly, like at age 20 before their loneliness fucks their brains up this badly.
>>
>>10968004
is that a bucket of eyes in the background of the slide?
i'd love to stick my dick in that
>>
File: fe9.png (176 KB, 597x402)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>10965413
Nope, just I just lack fat storage cells pretty much everywhere but my tummy. I'd be skinny fat if I didn't work out and eat brotein. Yes, you're definitely right about a balanced diet. Anyone feeding solely off of meat/fruit is gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>10965434
Reminder the meat industry gives life to a hundred times more animals PER WEEK than Hitler and the Nazis killed jews from 1933 to 1945.
>>
veganism is a religion and not a good one if you care about your health. and is only viable in a closed and secure societ
also nature gives no fucks about us or that we kill animals to eat or act like gay elves. dumb are the idiots who think that nature can't just swipe the entire human race from the face of the planet in a less than a month. eat everything
>>10964607
that is definetely a lie. kek
>>
Effect of a Low-Fat, High-Fiber Diet and Exercise Intervention on Breast Cancer Risk Factors and Tumor Cell Growth & Apoptosis
R. James Barnard, Jenny Hong, Maud Liva, Tung H. Ngo, Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095

>Methods: [...] The diet consisted of natural whole grains, fruits and vegetables with limited amounts (<3.5 oz) of fish, fowl or lean meat and nonfat milk.

>WITH LIMITED AMOUNTS (<3.5 OZ) OF FISH, FOWL OR LEAN MEAT AND NONFAT MILK.

Another lie: not a "plant-based diet" as he claimed.
So much for the "vegan blood fights cancer" meme, then.
>>
>>10963446
>weight management
Not a fattie so doesn't matter. Also...
>jumping from association to causation
Sounds like a pseud.
>>
I am lost... I thought the Keto diet was suppposed to be good for us since meat releases less insulin whereas carbs spike it up and deliver less energy over time...

Does this video people that everyone following keto is wrong?
>>
>>10968146
Yeahs mutherfucker. Dont follow keto. Follow your heart bro. Come on, search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>10968115
Expounding req'd. Not everyone has the steel trap of the mind.
>>
>>10968004
Appreciated.
>>
>>10967918
Whoa whoa whoa! I feels like you're slapping two different types into same category. Hot dog and balongnia or however the fuck u spell is a lot of diversity in consumption. Shit that the modern man would discard. Garbage and fat that would benefit health. Hot dog is the ultimate in omninoun nutrition. Healthy diet with hot dog is the... what would you call it? Every part of the kill.
>>
>>10963446
vegans are little bitches
>>
>>10965434
I don't give a shit, I'd kill them myself if I had to, meat's fucking great
>>
>>10968192
Ok what of I said I have authority and you have to. Now what?
>>
>>10968202
Different Anon but count me in. Maybe let all the cows loose in the streets, we can hunt everyone, blood everywhere, free meat, intelligence goes up, fitness goes up, happiness goes up, society wins, vegans BTFO
>>
>>10968216
Sounds good to me
>>
>>10968184
He he so correct.
>>
File: 1529765096473.jpg (83 KB, 1080x1080)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>10963446
There is nothing more ridiculous than Vegans who pretend to be natures best friend yet at the same time deny nature itself because they're uncapable of dealing with the fact that all prey was specifically designed by nature to be killed and eaten by predators like us. Imagine being such a low t cuck that you suffer from malnutrition and health problems just because you're too weak willed to do what you're supposed to do.
>>
If there is an ethical argument for veganism does that not presuppose objective moralism?
>>
>>10968379
No
>>
>>10968379
There are ethical arguments for vegetarianism that don't presuppose objective moralism. Main one is that meat is bad for you so if you value your health you shouldn't eat it. But no arguments for veganism, I mean eggs aren't bad for you nigga.
>>
File: 1554096918792.jpg (15 KB, 200x200)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>10968439
>meat is bad for you
No

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.