[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1553817373717.jpg (37 KB, 720x404)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>mandatory paid online homework subscriptions

>textbooks that come out with a new edition every year

>bible paper in textbooks that becomes easily damaged lowering the book's resale value

>textbooks with any of the following: "the proof is left as an exercise to the reader" "the proof is trivial" "(why?)"

>class averages less than 50% and tyrones getting bell curved to a passing grade

>that student who thinks sharing code is """"""academic dishonesty"""""" and reports anyone who does it

>autistic CS goblins dragging down any course they are enrolled in
>>
>increasing number of women and other minorities being shoehorned into the field
>>
>enraging things about capitalist education in the U.S.A
>>
>>10719089
>exercise marked as required at least 10 hours to solve
>solved problems that include the solution of the exercise treat it as trivial
>>
>>10719089
>>textbooks with any of the following: "the proof is left as an exercise to the reader" "the proof is trivial" "(why?)"
Because nobody wants to unironically be the person that has to write a maths textbook. They want to have one written under their name but they sure as fucking hell don't want to go through the chore of having to do it.
>>
>>10719093
>tfw they arent good at it and drop classes even in community colleges
but also
>tfw the only clubs related to STEM are Mexican Engineering Club and Computer Science Club
>school changes STEM to STREAM
>Professor uploads Hw that is literally 100 problems of the same repeating question.
>>
>>10719089
>CS goblins
As a CS major I can attest to this. CS classes are full of goblins who complain about having to do any form of Math.
>>
>Chinese students won't stop playing games on their phone and yelling during an important lecture
>university created brand new musical theater department even though all our equipment is 40+ years out of date (source: my university)
>>10720089
CS students literally make up over a third of the total students in my year. Can confirm that they cannot stand even the simplest math.
>>
>>10719089
sharing code is cheating though. You can play it off as cheating like on any homework as not a big deal but its definitely cheating if youre supposed to write the code
>>
>>10719089
>class averages less than 50% and tyrones getting bell curved to a passing grade
That was 15 years ago, now they just dumb the entire curriculum. Your degree amounts to the rigor of what used to be a high school education. That's why celebrities don't mind bribing schools to take their dumb kids, they know they'll pass. Used to be, they wouldn't have bothered as the kid would have just flunked out anyway. The only way to fail at getting an undergraduate degree, even in so-called elite schools is to literally just stop doing anything. Even then you'll get some partial credit for *something*.
>>
>>10720191
Yeah, I've only taken 2 CS courses as I'm not a CS major, but it did really bother when people would share code. I'm not trying to moralfag here, if you wanna cheat go for it. You're only wasting your own time and money by not learning anything. It would just annoy me when I would put 40+ hours into an assignment and get the same grade as the guy who just copied 70% of the assignment.
>>
>>10719093
>they use words that induce physical pain to advertise their initiatives
"femineer"
>>
>>10720078
>tfw they arent good at it and drop classes even in community colleges
Calculus 2 was a bloodbath lol, very few non-white or non-asian students after that course. There's a fair amount of women though.

>STREAM
If you add the A and the R, then it pretty much just means "college". That's like 90% of what is taught at a university I'm pretty sure. Fucking brainlet majors and their inferiority complexes.
>>
>>10719089
>>mandatory paid online homework subscriptions
>>class averages less than 50% and tyrones getting bell curved to a passing grade
>>that student who thinks sharing code is """"""academic dishonesty"""""" and reports anyone who does it
>>autistic CS goblins dragging down any course they are enrolled in
Which school for brainlets do you go to?
>>
>>10719089
>studying in the US
You guys really live in a cartoon world
>>
>>10722648
>he says while posting a man who has posed shirtless with black gays for his political image
>>
>>10722468
>Fucking brainlet majors and their inferiority complexes.
I especially love that the liberal arts majors couldn't come up with a better way to co-opt it than wRiting. STWEAM is honestly more fitting.
>>
>>10722660
>wRiting

Religion Arts Philosophy English

You would think that a bunch of people who spend a lot of time writing would be able to come up with a good acronym.
>>
>>10722648
french literally have homosexual president.
a clown country
>>
>>10720078
Wtf is the R for?
>>
>>10722468
im part of my own group called S&M
we don't allow code fags or engies and especially not smooth brain that study "reading or art"
>>10722898
reading...as if we didn't already know how to read, the A is for art.
>>10722712
kek
they so often never invent anything new they don't practice acronyms
mean while stem fags: LASER
>>
>>10722898
Retarded

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.