[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Their behaviors are similar. Is it just that schizos have control over how they act and act autistic to get someone to develop an emotional reaction?
>>
>>10561415
schizos generally hear voices, see patterns that aren't there, cook up crazy conspiracy theories, or have grand delusions of themselves. see: terry davis or jon tooker. autists are just emotionally or socially handicapped, and don't generally delude themselves; see jacob barnett or (probably) bill gates
>>
>>10561423
Are schizos able to be savants like some Autists
>>
>>10561423
Oh so...basically everyone on /pol/
>>
>>10561426
yes. see (again) terry davis. very very few people in the world have the mental capability of writing a working operating system from scratch, much less their own computer language to do it in
>>
>>10561429
/pol/ is unironically flooded with shill bots.
Ironically, though, bots are now indistinguishable from schizos, "concerned mothers," and the mentally retarded.
So you're not entirely wrong.
>>
People on the spectrum and people with schizophrenia are not similar at all. Outwardly they may seem similar to an unnuanced and unobservant person, but they are vastly different disorders with vastly different symptoms.
>>
>>10561415
Schizoid or Schizophrenia?

The former is the "withdrawn"/asocial type, type that don't interact with others. The later is the one that hears voices and sees things and may end up with weird delusions.

Autists are people with social developmental issues like having issues with speaking, eye contact, facial expressions, and have trouble understanding what emotions other people feel. They have trouble managing stimuli as well, so they can either explode in anger(you hear more about the "retard strength") or shutdown.

But these are not mutually exclusive conditions, they can have a mix of each other.
>>
>>10561531
What does the "shutdown" in autistic people look like?
You mean they faint or something else?
>>
>>10561542
They usually withdraw themselves in some way.
>>
>>10561542
They'd be unresponsive or have very little reaction to external stimuli. Their brains can't process all the external stimuli thrown at them so they shutdown the external stimuli. This is dangerous as it also has the potential to slow down immune system as well. Recovery from shutdown depends on how fast the autist can be deprived of stimuli. If you're related to an autist, then you need to isolate the autist in a room that's soundproof/lightproof/etc.
>>
>>10561511
Thank god we pay people to look at other humans in order to judge and assign labels to. If we didn't pay for such an experience then how would we ever develop introspection?
>>
I was diagnosed schizo when I was adolescent but i'm almost certain I'm autistic now
Btw most psychiatrists in france are incompetent retards, psychiatry is a big joke here
>>
>>10561431
>>10561426
No that wasn’t caused by schizophrenia m. Terry not only got it as an adult (he certainly would not have hgraduated or held a job in that state) but high iq schizos are so rare that theyre considered a clinically distinct subset

While autists can often be “savants” aka extremely skilled at something while also being retarded. Terry had taken 5 courses in assembly in uni according to him AND had been messing around with the commodore since he was a teen
>>
>>10561446
"concerned mothers" are fucking garbage. They ruin everything.
>>
>>10561415
They are quite literally diametrically opposed.
>>
File: face_up[1].jpg (86 KB, 600x400)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>10561415
Autistic people (the only truly mentally healthy people) lose no synapses.

Neurotypical people lose about 40%, whihc with six layers of neurons lead to roughly 95% information loss in the brain, the rest is made up from what you remember.

Schizophreniacs lose even more synapses, losing even the last 5% of contact with reality and everything they experience is made up by their minds independently from, or at best vaguely inspired by reality.

There is an easy to tell them apart: If the image on the right causes feelings of indescribable terror, you are a schizo, if it does nothing, you're an autist.
>>
>>10561648
>If the image on the right causes feelings of indescribable terror,
>the state of modern """psychology""" ...

The image on the right made me slightly nauseous? What does that mean?
>>
>>10561662
Most likely that you are neurotypical. Only autists are 100% unaffected.
>>
>>10561423
Bill Gates is an autist now? WTF this word has lost all meaning... the man got into Harvard then left it to work writing code for microprocessors... he was a clever programmer and cut-throat businessman whose empire still standing and valued at nearly $1 trillion... building a company requires a highly developed social intelligence and great insight

clearly you're not going by the clinical definition of autism, but rather the 4chan colloquial use. But even then he's not an autist he's just a soft spoken nerd
>>
>>10561648
I’m not a schizo I don’t think but that picture just made me cry unironically and i am way too scared to get up and turn the light on

My palms are sweating and my body is tingling. What the FUCK ?
>>
>>10561648
Man What the FUCK I don't know if you played a psychological trick on me... I opened that photo and it looked kinda weird... then read your sentence about "indescribable terror" and this exact feeling started gripping me I ffeel this chill going down all the way to the sole of my shoes... immediately closed it and can't bring myself up to open it again

What the utter FUCK.... I'm not schizophrenic....
>>
>>10561679
>>10561687
haha I think we should send that picture to unhinged people just do fuck with them

>>10561673
Who in the fuck came up with it, and how? That's what I want to know
>>
>>10561687
holy shit I’m glad I’m not the only one

I read a reply to that post scrolling down sci, I didn’t even see the schizo/autist part. I just saw him mention “indescribable terror” and then looked at the photo and I’ve literally been crying

I genuinely feel like that guy on the left was skinned alive and he knows where I live and all of my personal details and every time I scroll past he finds out more about me
>>
>>10561696
jfc i wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy

I’m 100% getting sleep paralysis if I go to bed right now FUCK whoever posted that
>>
>>10561674
That's what autism has always meant. It has lost meaning for the opposite reason. Autistic people are extremely intelligent, carry a large number of genes for high intelligence, and outperform neurotypical people in virtually any cognitive test that doesn't involve understanding neurotypical people. Which was the core of the meaning - poor ability to relate to other people despite high, or at least adequate intelligence. Only recently it became to be used as a blanket diagnosis for anybody with intellectual disability.
>>
>>10561679
>>10561687
>>10561696
>>10561697
>>10561706

I don't knwo what you're seeing. It's just a face with the eyes and mouth photoshoped upside down. It does nothing to me.
>>
>>10561697
I need to know what the fuck that was... I need someone to explain that feeling... I am a grown-ass 29 year old man and I never felt this before... I'm not squeamish nor have any phobias...

>>10561648
Did you play a psychological trick on me you fucking psycho cunt?
>>
>>10561716
found the autist
>>
>>10561697
I'm the guy in the picture on the right. And its all true. Keep scolling past please. Look at me. Look into my eyes.
>>
>>10561679
>>10561687
>>10561697
>>10561706
>>10561720
Based schizoposters
>>10561716
Based autist
>>10561727
Based sociopath
>>
>>10561697
>>10561687
>>10561679
You guys can't be serious. It looks like a fucking drag queen.
>>
>>10561648
To be fair, both expressions are equally disturbing. The guy isn’t really emanating any positive emotion. It looks more like he’s always in his head about an abusive relationship or something similar.
>>
>>10561736
For me, I was mildly repulsed by his recessed maxilla and lack of bone volume in the orbits.
>>
>>10561727
fuck NO i wanted to post a mfw but I just fucking realized i saved that picture on my phone to look at in the morning and that would mean I have to scroll past it again

>>10561720
ive been refreshing this page looking for answers but im anxious knowing that He is on the same page as me
>>
>>10561713
very intelligent post.
>t. not autistic
>>
>>10561739
On first glance, his eyes convey intellegent but the longer I looked, I saw smugness in his mouth and internal conflict based on the way his face is tensing for that grin. It’s a shit eating grin if I’ve ever seen one. There’s also misery in under his eyes and along his cheeks. The extra bone volume would only take the serial killer gaze from him. An stronger appearance of masculinity would’ve gotten him laid more.
>>
>>10561429
no those are just retards
>>
>>10561760
I think you nailed it partially. It’s a smug, psychopathic knowingness. If I saw that expression IRL in a crowded place on a sunny day I would actually start running for my life

I can’t even see who you replied to because I don’t want to risk seeing Him

>>10561713
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21272389/

I’m not saying that I disagree or even trying to argue, but can I get some citations on that? No social skills and low iq, not to mention the low functioning autists are basically indistinguishable from retards and can’t communicate with anyone or do anything but hit themselves, I just want you to elaborate
>>
>>10561785
Dude chill, it's just an ugly nerdic guy.
>>
>>10561791
Nobody looks at you like that unless they know something you don’t Especially if they’re wearing someone else’s face
>>
>>10561785
>I can’t even see who you replied to because I don’t want to risk seeing Him

absolute pussy detected.
>>
>>10561785
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4927579/
>>
File: thismansrighthere.jpg (22 KB, 291x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
This image right here makes you want to masturbate. His gaze reaches deep into your mind and tells you to stop being a bitch, and to whip out your dick.
>>
>>10561809
it wouldn’t be as bad if i were in a different setting i think
>>
>>10561648
I felt vaguely amused and slightly pleased by both images. The more I look at them the funnier they look. Is that neurotypical behavior?
>>
>>10561855
>not wanting to get head from a man with upside down facial features
Imagine the climax.
>>
>>10561855
Fuck I just achieved the highest level of laughter and mirth as soon as I read this fucking comment. I am either an autist or a psycho
>>
>>10561855
I honestly can’t believe the 10,000V electric shock I felt seeing that again

I think to myself “this is only scary because he said it was” “he planted that thought in my head” but the damage is done

Can we academically name this phobia? I can’t even read your post, I assume you either are Him or are just larping as Him and either way please fuck off I’m trying to scroll down sci without getting heart palpitations
>>
>>10561887
You should leave sci and never come back, and I say that as a friend. Half of the posts here on any given day are pure schizophrenia fuel, no doubt about it.
>>
File: 1550559093981s.jpg (11 KB, 249x245)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>10561887
My man. I cannot tell if you're being serious or not.

If you are, look out! "He" has His fingers in your ass RIGHT NOW. Run, before He makes your face look like His too!
>>
>>10561415
it's interesting that you say this, there's a paranoid schizo at my uni and a lot of people foolishly think he's just autistic
>>
>>10561648
I don't get it. Like yeah it's kind of disturbing, but all it is is a person with their features flipped upside down.
>>
>>10561887
Hi, the one who posted the bait here. It already has a name, it's called the uncanny valley and autistic people are known not to suffer from it:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0206343

I guess it's the reason why they cannot comprehend why some of their behaviors are interpreted as threatening or disturbing by neurotypicals (as they don't perceive them as such themselves).
>>
Autists know math, schizos think they know math.
>>
>>10561423
It's not true, it's just that normal people don't see patterns that are there. Retard.
>>
"Beyond standard deviation"

I'm autistic schizo, beat that!
>>
>>10561648
It doesn't cause feelings of indescribable terror, but it doesn't do nothing, it makes me laugh.
>>
>>10561760
>>10561785
you are definitely schizo based on all this bullshit conjecture you come up with about that expression the more you look at it lol
>>
File: 1554843298085.png (329 KB, 831x799)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>10563803
ever since i saw that picture ive been half expecting to see him around every corner

just look at it dude. its not just that the facial features are flipped, they are, but whoever shopped that made some weird fucking changes like the eyebrows are darker for some reason? they arent even flipped, he just made them darker.. why ? why the fuck would he do that?
>>
>>10563819
they're the same shade, he just pasted in more brightly lit skin below them which makes them look darker via contrast
>>
File: DARKER.png (365 KB, 1165x556)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>10563821
no its DARKER
>>
>>10563842
Ok this is epic
>>
>>10563842
Holy fuck you're right! It must be darker because SATAN is peering out at you from the depths of hell through those eyes.
>>
>>10561415
good we have this thread
Can anyone list the differences between bipolar disorder (aka maniac-depressive psychosis) and schizofrenia and autism? Is it the illusions?
>>
>>10561604
>high iq schizos are so rare
[citation needed]
>>
>>10564734
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25752725
you could google this is just the first one i found
>>
>>10561648
pic is actually a little funny but a little creepy too
>>
>>10564737
nigger you didnt even read the tittle did you?
>>
>>10564734
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391822/
heres another
>IQ had a monotonic relationship with schizophrenia risk across the IQ range with a mean change of 3.8% in risk per IQ point.

if someone is significantly "dumber" (if you consider iq a decent enough measure of intelligence) than you are they are much more at risk of schizophrenia
>>
>>10564741
are you retarded? can you read? when did i say high iq schizos can't exist? i said they're rare. the title literally says that they are a clinically distinct subtype. why do you think that is? because they're common? also >>10564744
>>
Isn't IQ how much you know rather than how much you can know?
>>
>>10564763
iq try to measure both crystallized and fluid intelligence. crystallized intelligence increases with age (as it is "how much you know") while fluid intelligence will decrease (as it is "processing speed", not really but that's the only way i can think to phrase it)
>>
Im schizophrenic and think i am also a highly functional autist. Ama
>>
>>10564780
"ama" is reddit speak, why haven''t the hive mind clear this filth yet?
>>
>>10561855
Kind of likes look a samurai mask.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised some culture somewhere hit upon the uncanny valley effect as a means to demoralize enemies
>>
>>10561648
What would the neurotypical response to this image be?
>>
>>10564807
>dude that so fuck up
Then share it with other neurotypicals, that or trying to find it a symbolical meaning/relate it to something.
>>
>>10564823
>dude that so fuck up
Holy shit I just realized that I'm almost certainly autistic. I've always hated this reaction in people, but I never thought it was due to me being autistic and just not getting it.
>>
>>10561648
do you have any source on this synapse and "thatcher illusion" stuff please ?
>>
>>10564807
>>10564823
>>10564843
the neurotypical response to uncanny valley is thinking it looks weird and scrolling past it. although that picture was cropped from a demonstration of the thatcher effect, and had nothing to do with the uncanny valley
>>
>>10564750
> dude clinically distinct subtype means rare
and you call ME a retard?
>>10564744
ok this is a little better. You have deffinitely a high risk of schizofrenia, dude
>>
>>10564872
>and you call ME a retard?
yes, it does, and you are. literally the first fucking sentence,
>Schizophrenia patients are typically found to have low IQ both pre- and post-onset.
This is the entire thesis of the paper, by which the title is based off of. High iq schizos are atypical. You can't read. You just quoted the title back to me like an ignorant dumbfuck. You are fucking brain-dead. Google shit yourself next time
>>
>>10564856
So in this case the reaction from nuerotypicals and autists would be the same since it isn't uncanny valley?
Do autists just not notice that a certain thing isn't quite human?
Also what exactly does the uncanny valley feeling feel like? I can't tell whether or not I feel it.
>>
>>10564895
>>Schizophrenia patients are typically found to have low IQ both pre- and post-onset.
most people have low IQ. dude stop.
>>
>>10564914
Shouldn't most people have average IQ?
>>
>>10564914
>most people have low IQ
are you actually fucking retarded?
>>
>>10561648
Left is scarier than right. Looks like a mentally damaged person trying to fake a smile
>>
>>10561429
Another hysterical anti-pol poster.
>>
>>10561415
Autistic spectrum-ers have physical, tool based intelligence while psychotic spectrum-ers have non-physical intelligence pertaining to charisma, emotions, art, etc.
Obviously, schizophrenics having an acute psychotic episode are not going to say anything coherent. Same thing about the super autists who aren't even able to speak words.
>>
>>10565384
Read Aldous Huxley's essays "The Doors of Perception" and "Heaven and Hell" if you want to learn about the art of schizo spectrum-ers.
>>
https://youtu.be/l18V2MxIvqw
>>
File: 61nvr3XZ-jL._SL1500_.jpg (71 KB, 1500x1500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10561429
>>10561429
>>
>>10561415
Autists are generally naturally not capable of empathising, schizoids generally develop it as a defence mechanism.

Schizo = personality disorder
Autism = developmental disorder

Also depends if you mean schizo as in schizophrenic/schizotypal which is the paranoid and delusional kind, or schizo as in schizoid which is the socially withdrawn side.
>>
>>10561729
Based based poster
>>
>>10561429
Much of /pol/‘s gripes become understandable when you spend some time there.
Sure theres a lot of schizos, but they’re not all bad.
>>
>>10561429
half of that board is paid content of one kind or another
>>
File: let_him_in.jpg (208 KB, 400x462)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>10561727
>>
>>10561679
>>10561687
>>10561697
>>10561706
>>10561720
Are these just samefags or is this shit real?
>>
>>10561716
same, I will wear the banner of autist well.
>>
>>10562693
explain Tooker, then.
>>
>>10563842
It only looks darker because of the contrasting lighter skin because of eye flip
>>
>>10561883
I went from a indescribable terror to a lot of laughing.
>>
>>10564851
It's called the uncanny valley, I already posted a source above. (the "thatcher illusion" is irrelevant here, though it may be used for it as well)>>10561819

Look up "synaptic pruning" and it's lack in autism and too much of it in Schizophrenia, it's well known and shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>>10569048
I don't really think that it's like that. Like I have schyzophrenia with signs of autism, if I imagine graph with "synaptic prunning" too little and too much, I should be normal?

Like there is neuroplasticity, and you can get important neuron connections transformed to do some job that comes from missrepresented pattern. I think that's the case in both of this disseases.

Howevery synaptic loops are redundant and still capable for learning, modern schyzo pills reduce neuroplasticity, but that keeps you in certain state of mind you don't want to be in.

I would try to attempt eliminating this disseases by serotogenic stuff with induced neurogenesis and plasticity, forming a normal reaction.

Normal reaction to enviroment can't ever be formed in mental hospital.
>>
>>10564734
It's harder to work with your memory on schizo pills, it's like blind patches does not emit correct event sometimes, your brain doesn't get feed back you would hallucinate from, but doesn't get feed back you'll have good recognition of non-hallucinated pattern from too, because it's same route.

If you take this pills healthy you bacome schyzo, because it fucks up your loops too.
>>
>>10569065
You can't have schizophrenia with signs of autism, you can have one or the other. I guess you are autistic misdiagnosed with schizophrenia, as the opposite is unlikely to happen.

The "schyzo pills" only keep you in stupor so that you are easier to work with. they don's cure anything, even if you had delusions, you would still have them, you just wouldn't mind the alien probe in your nose etc.
>>
>>10569205
What are some autism pills?
>>
>>10561415
schizo starts with an 's'

I'm autist btw
>>
>>10567817
No you just have bad color differentiation, also the eyebrows themselves are different between pictures too if you follow the contour this is easy to see
>>
>>10561415
>trusting the mental healthcare community after its history of lobotomies and electrotherapy

Buy and take your pills peasants, your threatening opinions must be dismissed

- t. social-psychological engineers of society
>>
>>10561648
i want to fight him for some reason
>>
>>10569805
electrotherapy is still used today, e.g. in EU
>>
>>10561431
>very very few people in the world have the mental capability of writing a working operating system from scratch, much less their own computer language to do it in
Are you retarded or just pretending? Writing a microkernel from scratch is an undergrad project in any non-shit uni. Then you write some driver and a filesystem for another project. So is writing a compiler or interpreter for some subset of a popular language (we did ruby without autism and with a spec).
He was just barely above average guy with shitloads of time on his hands. Anyone with a BSc could do the same (probably better really) given the same amount of time.
Fuck off back to /g/ you clueless monkey.
>>
>>10571595
Having shitload of time on hands is rare that you just ate your own shit.
>>
>>10569805
electroconvulsion is one of the most effective treatments
>>
>>10571601
Schizo. Try to form a coherent sentence, please.
>>
>>10571603
You ignorant dipshit,

how does it comes to you that involuntary implanted pain to certain stimuly is effective treatment?

have you ever woke up in middle of ECT because anesthesiologist doesn't even know what he's doing and he can't "give you more"

shut the fuck up if you don't have personal experience.
>>
Funny fact:

ECT is given to patients experiencing cholirgenic rebound, making them impaired for a really long time, and with speed of todays progress they don't have to catch up for rest of their lives.

But whatever.
>>
>>10571633
Why not giving patients several $thousand treatment instead of bottle of pills?

Maybe cash involved is ruining the industry.
>>
>>10571595
>Writing a microkernel from scratch can be done by an undergrad
Yeah no shit dumbass that’s why terry did it when he was an undergrad in the early 90s, the very base of his OS was done as an undergrad

Writing an entire bootstrapped OS, assembler, compiler, language etc alone, 130k lines of code, that can run on bare metal is not something 99% of undergrads could do (let alone engineering undergrads), sorry jealous retard hate to break this to you
>>
>>10571761
>Writing an entire bootstrapped OS, assembler, compiler, language etc alone, 130k lines of code, that can run on bare metal is not something 99% of undergrads could do
Maybe you donuts, your undergrad is generally worthless. It's not difficult, especially a design as primitive as his. It just takes time. Also, his assembler is pretty shit, even for an undergrad.
I still want you to go back to /g/ where the ultimate sign of a CS genius is knowing what a monad is.
>>
>>10561648
I felt like a spine chill and strong reaction like shivers and later fear.
Care to explain why?
>>
File: 1547737226665.png (938 KB, 1080x1331)
938 KB
938 KB PNG
I'm a schizoid and it actually is kinda alright
I dont feel the constant need for being close to others and so I never had "tfw no gf" problems
>>
>>10561713
Average IQ for autists is like 70. They're not "extremely intelligent" lmao
>>
>>10561648
I'm thinking the right one looks like an anime character.
>>
>>10572306
>It's not difficult, especially a design as primitive as his. It just takes time. Also, his assembler is pretty shit,
wow you sure got him good. the things you idiots always seem to magically forget is 1) aside from writing his own os entirely from scratch making his entire os feel extremely foreign to most people that go on it (which is why anyone that isn't retarded that has actually downloaded templeos has repeatedly stated that it's impressive and you can find evidence of this across countless articles by software engineers) is 2) most of what terry did was simulators built ontop of his os. many appear "shitty" but that's solely because he's trying to emulate a more modern commodore 64 feel which is a pc sandbox where the layman can come in and immediately has access to everything and can reasonably understand everything. terry's simulators are heavily based on his engineering knowlege channeled through Numerical Recipes which even most CS graduates would find hard to comprehend

you dismiss with him nothing more than "durr its easy" because you have no real critique with any value and dont know shit about anything he did
>>
>>10567812
Are you trying to imply Tooker knows math?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.