[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1548038730695.jpg (114 KB, 720x1152)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
you have a 5 million dollars, you have to build the safest home ever( not get bombed by the arabs, not involved in any street shooting, and fairly natural disaster resistant, and obv fallout friendly ). How would u do it /sci/?
>>
>>10560393
Not with ladders. I want to be able to traverse my house when I'm 80
>>
Build it in an uninhabitated area on the side of a mountain.
>>
>5 million dollars

buy one of those decommissioned military nuclear bunkers and become like bunker-anon on /diy/
>>
>>10560439
i was thinking of an island, anon
>>
>>10560452
digging underground on an island .....
next you'll tell me you want to build it in a volcano
>>
>>10560452
>buy an island
>for 5 million dollars
keep dreaming, faggot
>>
>>10560393
Underground ICF ranch and then spend the rest of the money on whatever.
>>
>>10560439
>bunker-anon on /diy/
Has there been any news from him lately?
>>
$5m is not that much anon.
>>
>>10560606
You can, but it would be tiny or in some far off place thats not hospitable for permanent housing.
>>
>>10560393
Call me a doubting Thomas, but I do not think what looks like 50cm maximum of any material could hold the Space Shuttle above a void room.
>>
5 million wouldn't be enough for me to do it right.
>>
>>10560952
Use it to buy land and assets in Thailand, build a brand and a personality, enter politics as a foreigner with Thai essence, a bornagain Thai. Obviously stick your hands in all of the corruption, minor and major, otherwise you won't get anywhere in business or politics. Hijack the country's resources and use it to build your ideal bunker or island for permanent living.
>>
>>10561012
This is a cool premise but how would you avoid the military putting out a hit on you and seizing all your assets?
>>
>>10561045
Private military/security and disabling them via politics. You probably wouldn't be able to own the military as the old dogs would conserve themselves there, but you might neuter it long enough to get out with your bunker/island.
>>
imagine being such a coward that you're like a passive coward and feel the need to hide from hypothetical threats
>>
there r books on this, imbicile
>>
>>10560393
>spaceship
>ladders
>>
What's going to happen to the mermaid if you go to space?
>>
>>10561001
>some far off place thats not hospitable for permanent housing.
That is perfect for an underground lair.

>>10560458
>next you'll tell me you want to build it in a volcano
I like the way you are thinking.

t.not captain Nemo
>>
>>10562452
you take her with you, duh
>>
>>10560439
I want a bunker home so bad.
Theres some company in vegas thats refurbishing decomissioned silos into multi family homes.
>>
>>10562452
We know that already:
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/tbc.html
>>
>>10560393
>jpg
Why.
>>
>>10562233
just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me
>>
>>10560452
>tsunami
>>
>>10560393
i move north

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.