[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: zad-nddl.jpg (1.1 MB, 2000x1383)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
How does one live healthily both physically and mentally under capitalism while keeping a critical mind ?
Basic assumptions I have :

>you can't survive under capitalism without money
>acquiring knowledge, requires time
>capitalism will try to use your time making you an employee
>being an employee will most likely negatively affect your mental or physical health
>relying too much on capitalism can also lower your resilience
>embracing capitalism therefore implies giving up your safety, physical and mental health, to capitalism
>«rien n'est jamais acquis» (nothing is acquired)
>your life does not matter to corporations
>if you are part of the elite, these are non-issues

What are the best skills one must have to protect himself from capitalism ?

Speaking english seems to be a interesting skill to have since it gives access to a lot of knowledge...
Knowing many languages in general gives access to new points of view which is really interesting
Engineering skills can help avoiding being scammed by marketing teams or salespersons
Medical skills can help avoiding hazardous practises or substances
Chemistry skills can probably too
I suppose life sciences can help if you seek alimentary resilience.
Reasoning can help understanding the system, why people do things, what people do.

What skills do you think are the most useful ?
>>
One need not "protect" oneself from capitalism, for it pervades every facet of life, and attempting to excise it will cause you no end of trouble.

In the end, only a few things are required in order to do well; time, dedication and luck.
>>
>>10468810
Making enough money to be able to grow your own food and have a stay at home wife who can cook for you is probably a good start
>>
>>10468810
Step One : Lrn2capitalism fgt pls
>>
>>10468810
High iq and good health
So genetics
>>
>>10468873
high IQ yeah probably genetics but you can still manage to fuck up your health or get someone fuck it up for you
>>
>>10468810
>Basic assumptions I have:
>you can't survive under capitalism without money
Correct assumption, if talking capitalism in its purest form
>being an employee will most likely negatively affect your mental or physical health
Spoken like an uneducated person whose only work experience is doing monotonous physical labor because thats the extent of your mental capabilities.
>relying too much on capitalism can also lower your resilience
Resilience to what?
>your life does not matter to corporations
But reputation and image matters a lot, which makes this a moot point unless you live in an exploited 3rd world country and the only available work consists of working in a hazardous environment where work safety is completely disregarded... like African mining industry.
>embracing capitalism therefore implies giving up your safety, physical and mental health, to capitalism
According to what line of mental gymnastics? Personally i'd become insane if i didnt have a challenging and interesting job, enables me to have a good standard of living while constantly improving myself and becoming more knowledgeable on a field on interest.
>>
File: QDOAF.jpg (50 KB, 800x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>10468810
>>
>>10468873
>>10468875
you fucking idiots
answering "high iq" is not only not a skill but its also meaningless for an answer
>>
>>10468810
Das Kapital was an instruction manual, not a critique.
>>
moderately high intelligence, imposing physicality, and a notable lineage
>>
Not getting run over by a car is pretty useful
Finding reasons to stop starving to death is cool
Besides maslow's hierarchy of needs, your wants will cum last. Those wants will be held back by status and connections until those perfections are psychological erections you get it billy?
>>
>>10468812
and intelligence
>>
>>10468810
>surviving capitalism
Surviving or thriving? Because even the most retarded, laziest people live pretty damn long in developed Western nations. Surviving is easy; if you want to thrive, the cliche is true: dedication, smarts, and luck.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.