[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: witten.jpg (19 KB, 400x382)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Most, if not all, great geniuses who truly changed the world were through passion and nature, not formal education.
Prove me wrong, bet you can't.
>>
>>10194012
You’re right, I can’t
>>
File: .jpg (67 KB, 1200x800)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>10194012
Agreed.
>>
>>10194012
That's just Western bullshit, because education here sucks.

China has geniuses on the assembly line.
>>
>>10195706
Cope
>>
>>10195706
At least china has assembly lines, the globalists sold us out.
>>
File: witten_tree.png (243 KB, 2198x1146)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>10194012
ed witten:
>parent: David Gross, nobel laureate for asymptotic freedom of QCD
>grandparent: Geoffrey Chew, big proponent of S-matrix and bootstrap theories in the late 60s-early 70s headquartered at Berkeley
>great grandparent: Enrico Fermi, need I say more?
>greater grandparents: Max Born, Paul Ehrenfest, Ludwig Boltzmann, JJ. Thompson, Karl Schwarzschield, Larmore, Runge, even fucking David Hilbert

i donnooooo
>>
>>10194443
Nased
>>
>>10194012
I guess I didn't need the cock
Now you're just somebody that sucked the cock
SOMEBODY
that sucked the cock
>>
>>10195731
oh fuck SICK BURN
https://youtu.be/gVEdQJ7qtJw
>>
>>10195706
You realize that that all those reports of straight A high achieving Chinese students are bullshit right?

Their education system is shit tier as well, students literally cheat to pass the stringent tests, there was a riot a few weeks back at a school in china where they sent observers to prevent cheating in exams, nearly everyone they searched was cheating.

Don't buy the memes about high IQ Chinese.
>>
>>10195735
>western languages
>~26 characters with complicated but usually intelligible pronunciation rules, plus etymologically shared roots and rules for forming meaning by combining common phonemes and sounds. example: plural is formed by adding an "s" to most words in english

>mandarin
>literally tens of thousands of characters
>no pronunciation rules
>you just memorize that shit, fucking memorization ALL THE WAY BRO
>also there are no nice rules for forming subtle meanings, like hence why native-chinese speakers attempting english always say
>you want two egg rorr and three chicken oo-OH?
>>
>>10195728
you know that's the academic family tree, not the biological one.
>>
>>10195756
well yeah duh
but keep in mind Witten's dad was a physics professor specializing in general relativity
>>
>>10194012
It’s funny because science is the measurement of the physical world but yet Scientists are driven by passion which cannot be scientifically measured or proven. I love the irony.
>>
>>10195755
>what is simplified chinese
>thinks a civilization is superior by virtue of how many characters some eunuch smoking opium can make
>also there are no nice rules for forming subtle meanings, like hence why native-chinese speakers attempting english always say

That's because Chinese people have no soul, their students and scientists have no creativity either, so that's why you hear all these news reports about Chinese hackers stealing blueprints from Lockheed martin or something, Chinese can't innovate for shit, it's their culture.

Listen Xhang, i reckon 1 John Goodman could take on 2-5 Chinese people, just look at the average Chinese person's wrist and compare it to John Goodman's neck, he could probably bounce off multiple Chinks at a time.
>>
>>10195772
you literally think my post you're replying to was meant to be positive toward the culture of "memorize a shitload"? well it wasn't; logic and systematic thought is objectively better than memorizing a bunch of arbitrary shit
>>
>>10194012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJBF_H56Oc
>>
>>10195795
>t. turbo autist
>>
>>10194012
Mainly appears that way because of how easy formal education is to obtain.
>>
>>10195784
chinese people are like a goblegookachink computer
>>
>>10194012
The real nature of genius is [phenotype].
>>
>>10195735
Tshingua has already passed up all US universities in math and computer science publications. Western dominance is over.
>>
>>10195758
Intelligence is hereditary. Even interests and inclinations are.
>>
>>10195735
>Don't buy the memes about high IQ Chinese.
But that's true, anyone can "cheat" on an IQ test, because it only measures your ability to memorize banal trivia that may or may not be correct and indicating intelligence, in the limited subjective view of the test designer.
>>
>>10195807
Sam? Is that you?
>>
typical chinese cannot process data because memory always full with shapes
>>
>>10195735
lmao, their education system is better than America's. Cope harder, I bet you don't even know any Chinese nationals.
>>
>>10199274
America colleges are probably better though. It's really not saying much that our government mandated education suuucks and is likely behind lot of the worlds
>>
>>10194012
Is thInk I agree with you

All edu sys around world suck, even china and korea. But they -china and k sys- are suckless
>>
>>10195735
>muuuh Chinese aren't creative

Retarded Whitoid shit.
Do you know how many Chinese academics and engineers are in the USA and actually contributing?

Of course you wouldn't count them as Chinese in this regard, hypocritical moron.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoucheng_Zhang
>>
>>10199286
Not for long. Tsinghua has already surpassed all American universities in math and comp sci papers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.