[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: tokq.jpg (645 KB, 3000x1280)
645 KB
645 KB JPG
The shambling woods have sprouted for miles as far as the eye can see.
You hear a sound calling out to someone, as soon as you were about to space out reaching out towards it moving the branches aside, a beam of sunlight reached your face snapping you out of it.

That's right, you remember that this was a trip to find some firewood and help out the village, it wasn't just some leisurely stroll where detours and distractions could ensnare you. Despite the bright weather it was a time of preparation for the summer storm, the cloud front was moving fast, expected to bring months of rainstorms, so stocking the firewood was not just a safety precaution but a survival necessity, you couldn't afford to waste your time, or you'd bring less than everyone else, if anything at all.

Your village was located at the edge of a kingdom, near the coast lines and xanthous sand shores housing the beautiful blue sky and a village of stone huts populated by fishers and tradesmen working with produce to supply to the kingdom from the caravans that visit once in a while.

It was a humble life, but your soul yearned for more.
The forest you found yourself in was further away from the kingdom and deeper away from the coast, it was normally off limits to everyone, but with the oncoming storm the kingdom's guard delivered the message that allowed your village a pass to stock up on on supplies in time.
Usually the kingdom would supply your village with all the necessities by the road, but they were too busy with their own preparations to extend a helping hand this time, so the least they could was give out some freedom to act independently.

You find yourself once again thinking of something unpleasant regarding this situation.
"Here it is, that sound again."
Your vision returns into focus.
"Where am I? How long have I walked this way and why, did I pass out while still standing?"

As you realize the unfamiliarity of your location you grab onto your bag, a befuddling question burns in your mind.
Who are you?

Roll 1d20.
>a man
>a woman

meta: This is my first quest, I think i started off a bit too serious but don't worry I'll ease into it more with time. This will be a story of fantasy, mystery, combat and adventure. From here on when applicable most of the choice will be encouraged to be original and mine just being there in case you like what i had to say better. I'll try to make as many updates with pictures as I can, it'll mostly be "borrowed" art that I'll try to modify when I can. After the few initial choices the things will go a lot faster so buckle in buckos.

P.S. I have no idea how to use formatting yet so i'm not even gonna try, but if anyone wants to teach my dumb ass that'd be nice. P.P.S. i'm not sure if the choice system will just be rolling, i might go with most individual votes, or best of X or something
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>3747119
>>a woman
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>3747119
>a woman
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>3747119
>a woman
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>3747119
>a man
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>3747119
>a man
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>3747119
>a woman
Most votes win is the custom here. Highest roll is usually done by draw quests or some none serious quest.
>>
File: reflection.jpg (127 KB, 850x526)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>3747142
I guess the first roll was a little pointless then.

>a woman

You recall who you are, but only slightly.
It wards off your uneasiness for a bit as you clutched your cold hands together, you notice that your own breath leaves a misty trail.

It appears some time has passed and the sun was no longer in sight.
A sound of rushing water invades you presence, you peer into a puddle formed by a small water stream going down from the mossy rocks.

What do you see in the reflection?

>describe your appearance
physique and details or otherwise, from a hulking amazoness to a loli, etc.
>>
>>3747149
This one on the other hand should've been a dice roll, my bad.

Roll 1d20.
If already posted roll in a reply.

Or vote on someone else's behalf.
It'll take me a minute to figure this out, but we'll get there.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>3747149
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>3747149
I have no particular preference on appearance, so I'll refrain from voting here, except to note that we would presumably be wearing clothing appropriate for trekking in the woods - at the very least, some decent shoes, and a skirt that doesn't literally drag on the forest floor.

Probably best not to let the character creation drag on too long, or at least intersperse it with narrative developments to hold the readers' attentions.
>>
>>3747173
yeah i could've combined them into one, but this will be the last one for now just to get some grasp on our character. I'll wait for one or two more answers and we'll get going
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>3747155
This works as a general appearance. Tall and slender, long straight untied hair, attractive face. Although as the other anon said some location appropriate clothing would be necessary.
>>
Writing.
windows decided to say fuck you i'm shutting down and installing an update and there's nothing you can do about it while i had photoshop open which gave me a mini scare, but all's good
>>
Old King Cole!
>>
File: ourcharacterawakens.jpg (1.86 MB, 3798x6075)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
fucking hell windows went for double update, didn't see that coming

As you lean in closer to the water your hands continue to shake in unrest, you've dropped your satchel nearby.

The mirror that stares back at you however brings peace to your heart and you finally manage to pull yourself together.

"That's right, I remember now, the preparations for the storm. I need to hurry, but which way exactly am I hurrying?"
"First things first I need to find a good tree to fell, and then..."
"Oh that's right, I can see the moss, that means our village is back from here to the north."

You pick up the bag lying on the ground and look inside to reaffirm that nothing was lost.
It contains:
>a simple wooden axe
>some rope to tie the wood bundles
>a piece of flint
>2 flasks of water
>2 silver coins

You make an uneasy face as hunger strikes you suddenly.
"That's right, food is procured on sight... can't be taking our last food supplies for this trip, no telling if we'll return in one piece or bring anything back to replenish it."

As you're walking around to find a good tree to be done with it and get out of this damp spring to look for some food, a waft of a sweet aroma strikes your nose.
You see a hut and a mighty looking tree trunk with glimmers of gold sparkling in its leaves right beside each other.
To your surprise the smell seems to come from up above.

What do you do?

>1. your choice
>2. knock on the door, see if anyone's home
>3. who cares let's start cutting
>4. my 2 silver coins say this situation smells, i'm outta here
>>
>>3747321
>>2. knock on the door, see if anyone's home
>>
>>3747321
>>2. knock on the door, see if anyone's home
>>
>>3747321
>2. knock on the door, see if anyone's home
>>
File: thehut.jpg (398 KB, 1049x1379)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
You decide to check out the hut before doing anything reckless.
But as soon as you lean in to the door you realize that this forest was off limits to everyone.

Why would there be a house in this part of the woods.
HOW would it be here?
You recall that the royal guard is always stationed on the lookout across most of the territory prohibiting entrance.
Could this be someone who came from the other side of the woods?

An inkling of an idea crosses your mind.
You recall the townsfolk chattering on the market about how the palace's elite Wyrm Hunt team comprised of royal state magicians, captains of patrol, various bounty hunters and other professionals marching in the woods at night to conduct the raid on a witch that's been terrorizing the roads.
Of course you were smart enough to know that it was probably just a rescue party going on a rescue for another poor soul that got lost in there... But could it be?

Have you stumbled onto something the kingdom's most feared force couldn't?
And if you did would it be sane to just come knocking on the beast's maw?

Well why not, TO ADVENTURE AHEAD!
You extend the hand and lightly tap it... the door slowly creeks open.
"Uhhhh sure. That's a good sign. Well I came through all those mental gymnastics to convince myself to do this..."
"Can't just walk away now, might as well take a look."

You take a look around, at first glance it seems to be a pretty well lived in abode, it smells almost like home.
You notice a cooking pot creaking and bustling under the fire, but as soon as it grasps your attention you hear what appears to be a creak of a bed.

You snap around fumbling and trembling trying to get a grasp on your bag.
What you see in front of you is what appears to be a young girl clad in all dark yawning and getting up from her slumber.
She appears pretty... witch-like.

What do you do?

>1) your choice

>2) time to greet her and play it cool, surely... surely she only looks witch-like and no real witch would go out of her way to dress in this manner

>3) GIT THE AXE AND GET TO CHOPPIN, THE WITCH HUNT IS UPON US

>4) i changed my mind, screw the courage and adventure time to skidaddle

>5) just stare at her silently and gauge what her first move will be, make her the one to find herself in a weird situation, let's see what she got to say about you intruding in her home
>>
>>3747547
>>5) just stare at her silently and gauge what her first move will be, make her the one to find herself in a weird situation, let's see what she got to say about you intruding in her home
>>
>>3747547
>3) GIT THE AXE AND GET TO CHOPPIN, THE WITCH HUNT IS UPON US
But don't actually axe her. Just try to knock her out
>>
>>3747594
I like the way you think but for now this is a tie.
I'll close it at 5 if there is consensus... or the thread dies.
>>
>>3747594
I'll support it
>>
>>3747547
>2) time to greet her and play it cool, surely... surely she only looks witch-like and no real witch would go out of her way to dress in this manner

Y would we kill right now? Lets just say hi frist who knows mybe she will start us on somethi g
>>
>>3747560
Il back one then
>>
So we have

Next out will be deciding unless it's an odd one, then next 2.
>>
>>3747594
This. Incapacitate her and tie her up so we can ask some questions safely.
>>
>>3747780
You are all murder hobos frist person we meet and its axeing time and roping
>>
Well it looks like we're murder hoboing it up.
>>
File: thewitchperhaps.jpg (280 KB, 1280x1372)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
No time for question, there's only time to act.
And only time for RETRIBUTION.
To think that you, a measly seafront peasant would bring the witch to his majesty to shame and rub into the royal Wyrm Hunt's faces!
What devil's luck, you couldn't ask for anything better, the axe falls out of the bag as you grab a hold of it by the blade in one hand.
Next is the rope, it was originally for supporting whatever spoils this journey would bring.
Who knew that they'd end up a wanted villain straight out of a fairy tale.

You let not moment go to waste with hesitation, and as soon as the Witch tries to rub her eyes and get a better look at what she's witnessing you jump at her like a feral beast.
She might look like a kid but she's evil, she's so clearly evil!
And evil can't be ignored, it must be brought to swift justice.

You laugh uproariously as you close in with your rush and a full arch swing squaring a direct hit. in the future such things will be left to a dice roll, forgot to attach it to this option so I'll be forgiving for this one
"Ow!" is all she can exclaim as the hit sends her flying towards the cabinet near a wall with a fine crack.
Your hands are shaking, your feet are about to break into a dance, you can heart your own heartbeat at the top of your throat.
You did it.
Now all that's left is to tie her up and get all the answers, by force if needed, there's no stopping you now.

As you approach her body lying what looks to be almost comfortably on the said cabinet you sent her flying to you hear a fain mumbling.
No matter, there's no way she can get up after this.
You follow into your step and no sooner than a second later for some reason your face meets with the floor in a rather smashing fashion.
How come, what happened for the affairs to reach such a state?
Have you lost it to the adrenaline?
No, there's a distinct sound of hissing near your feet.
You realize that what was once a fine rope you were holding in your left hand is now a tail of a very long and furious looking snake that is tied into a pretzel around your legs.

You raise your head to see a face looking directly at you with disdain.

What is your next line?
>1. write in
>2. "wait, i can explain... WE CAN TALK THIS OUT DON'T KILL ME"
>3. "AHAHAHA BLOOD FOR THE WYRM GOD" as you crawl towards her digging your teeth into the wooden floor to move
>4. "uh... sorry, got a little ahead of myself there... with the whole you know, you being a witch and all"
>5. "you have a nice, hat?"
>>
>>3747878
typos ahoy, i'll try to be better with that, was rushing a bit, didn't double check
>>
>>3747878
>>4. "uh... sorry, got a little ahead of myself there... with the whole you know, you being a witch and all"
>>
I'll be taking a nap, reflect on your actions til then and choose your words carefully.
If not back in over 6 hours then I died.
>>
>>3747878
>4. "uh... sorry, got a little ahead of myself there... with the whole you know, you being a witch and all"
>>
>>3747878
>1. write in
>"What you doing in me house, you cunt?" Time to act delusional. Best form of defense

Shame retards had vote to attack her but well I guess we are murdering psycho now...
>>
What the hell guys, don't go flip-flopping on our character like this. If you're going to go all "She must be a witch! DEUS VULT!" don't start acting all sheepish the moment you suffer a setback that literally proves she's a goddamn witch.

>>3747878
>"Well played, WITCH. But you'll not defeat me so easily! I'll put an end to your evil yet!"
>Slice the snake's head off with your axe's head and press the advance before she gains the initiative!
>>
>>3747878
. "you have a nice, hat?"
Fuckinh murder hobos every god demm time
>>
>>3748226
Support
>>
I'm awake and it's been only 5 hours 50 minutes, mission accomplished.
It looks like we have

>>3748164 1
>>3748226 1 + support

It's a tie between coming to your senses or going full murder hobo.
I guess I'll go make some breakfast while you decide, or steer it in some other direction.
>>
>>3748240
Support
Why would we want to kill her? Also, did you people think you could just murder a witch without a fight?
>>
>>3749164
If it makes a difference, I don't object to not going full murderhobo.

I object to the tonal whiplash between the previous choice going full murderhobo, and suddenly coming immediately off the adrenaline high and voting for diplomacy. It doesn't make sense. We attacked her because we suspected she's a witch. Now we know for sure she's a witch, and we want to stop?

But if you believe you can make it work without some ridiculous cognitive dissonance, I'd be fine with withdrawing my vote to break the tie.
>>
>>3749188
We recently had memory loss, we can justify a burst of insanity followed by clarity
>>
>>3749188
I can make it work for sure, if anything like someone pointed out trying to go full murder hobo on what appears to be an actual magic wielder with an wooden axe when you're tied up face first on the floor is gonna be way harder, I'd have to think about that one.
If this were an encounter in a tabletop scenario I'd probably just kill that character off for getting so reckless, but we have a story here so that'll need some weaseling around.

But now we're in a 3 way tie, we need another vote.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>3749226
Idk you pick
>>
>>3749212
Temporary insanity is probably the worst justification for a character's decision-making. Trying to use that at a tabletop game would probably get you kicked out.

>>3749226
To me, it's not about what's most likely to succeed; it's about what can be written coherently when continuing from previous events. I'd say pick whichever you'll find easiest to justify characterization-wise, though I should note 4 and 5 don't seem mutually exclusive to me.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d7)

Okay so we have
4,4 - 1,2
1 - 3
1+s - 4,5
5+s - 6,7

So here goes.

>>3749238
>'s about what can be written coherently when continuing from previous events
fair enough, but we'll see
>though I should note 4 and 5 don't seem mutually exclusive to me
they're not
>>
>>3749247
Okay, you know the dice might have spoken but...
I think I'll overrule this one just once and try to combine a bit of every answer into one.
Wish me luck.

Writing.
>>
File: inside.gif (52 KB, 494x461)
52 KB
52 KB GIF
>1/3

You open your mouth struggling for words and gasping from breath.
The trembling in your chest from such a rush almost makes you convulse in fear.
But before you're able to utter anything the ringing in your ears intensifies to crushing degree and the world becomes a flash of spinning colors as you feel something digging in your ankle, like 2 sharp spikes.

And before you know it your surrounding changes completely, you're in a different room after a quick flash of black.
Such a sudden change of surrounding with no indication of movement on your part hits you in your right temple like a mallet.

You immediately jerk to side and start vomiting, it feels like your insides are being pulled out.

"*cough* *hack* W-where am I? What happened..."

Your dizzy eyes catch a glimpse of a black cat observing you, it turns away and prances downstairs.
You wipe your chin on the pillow and plop in the bad on your back to try and remember what happened, it didn't need much work, it's all pretty clear.

You hear footsteps climbing up.
This must be it, you'll be tortured, experimented on, maybe turned into a familiar or worse.

The girl from earlier sits on a chair besides your bed and starts to speak, you can see a red bump on her forehead and can't help but feel a little proud of yourself, even if it was a sneak attack.

"So, are you going to try and attack me again? I would just send you back to where you came but you managed to find this place and I can't let you go with this information."

You pause for a second to realize you're untied, you think that she might have been lenient on you but then it hits you that you can barely move without throwing up.

"N-no I think I'm okay, but I can't overlook this. You've been terrorizing our trade route for some time now, you should've known there would be visitors out for your head, you got lucky it was just me and not the Wyrm Hunt."

"The Wyrm Hunt? Those buffoons couldn't overcome a simple refracting fog to make heads or tails of this place. On the contrary I think you're far more exceptional."

"So it's true then... you really are the witch that everyone's been talking about, at least I was right in doing what I did, even if I might have been a bit too zealous about it."

"The witch... what's that? I'm just a magician, in fact we've been using the trading routes ourselves just fine... until recently that is, for some reason the merchants were running away when I tried to get something from them."

What, what did she just say. And who are those "we"?
"Well it's probably because you're dressed this way, you look awfully like a witch, you even got the hat and the broom... and the black cat. Don't try to lie to me now."
Maybe this was all a misunderstanding, but could it really be, but what happened to my thinking.
Wasn't I just saying how the Seafront townsfolk was stupid to believe in such nonsense like witches, was I blinded by ambition just now?
You realize how you snapped without giving it proper thought.
>>
File: notthewitch.jpg (287 KB, 1280x1372)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
2/3

Was I really so desperate to make a name for myself and show it to the royal guard?
To those conceited jerks? I was trying to impress them of all people?
What is wrong with you, living your day to day monotonous life at the innkeeper's place in a fisher village, knowing that you won't be anything in your life has eroded your decision making so much you'd jump at any opportunity to get out of that place no matter how twisted or immoral your actions would have to be.
The realization that you slipped so close to losing your humanity mere moments ago made you shudder.

"I'm... I think you're right. Everything just fit the puzzle so perfectly when I saw you, your looks, the house... those rumors, it all poisoned my mind."
"It all clicked in my head at that moment and... I think what I actually heard click was my mind creaking under the pressure."
"I was too weak willed, I'm no hero. Those jerks were right"

The girl sitting across you looked down with a dejected face.
"I lied too... I know about the "witch" but it wasn't what you thinking so I didn't want to get into it. My master was called that sometimes, she'd been an excellent magician in the state, but the envious council made her out to be a devil worshipper and she ended up exiled."
"She'd mask herself and brings us produce from the trade roads at night. I'm not so familiar with your rumors or customs so when she'd disappear I tried to do the same but people have turned to run away from me, I guess those rumors are all my fault, I didn't really mean for it to end this way."

She seems genuine, you've calmed down a bit.
But as soon as you were to make a sigh of relief she continued.

"But that doesn't mean i forgive you."

Oh... Right, it wouldn't end so simply after all.
The strength returned to your body, you turn sideways and stretch your arms out a bit before wiping your face properly.

"Any way I can repay that mishap? I'm not sure I trust your story completely yet, but I'm no monster either. I-I'd like to make things right if possible."

You both stand up.
>>
File: ourheroreturns.jpg (2.49 MB, 3798x6075)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>3/3

She grasped your hand, it confused you a little.
Is she going for a handshake?

Suddenly a sharp pain pierced you, coarsing from your hand through the rest of your body.
You scream out and jerk your hand away, it's dripping with blood.
Your ring finger is missing.

"There, I'll take that and we can call us even, an eye for an eye."

"Oh what the hell! Owch... You know what, fine. I get it, it's alright."
"I can take this much... gghh."

She puts some substance on a piece of cloth and wraps it on your hand.
The pain raises sharply for a moment before disappearing.
"OW."
"Huh?"
You look at your hand and see that your finger is back in place, but it's glimmering. You realize that it's some kind of alloy and study it up closer, it seems to move like normal.

"Take it as a token of peace, it'll help lead you outside safely and will appear normal to everyone. But if you tell anyone about this it'll fall apart and you'll have to deal with not having a finger."

That's... fair. You can't really argue with it.
You open your mouth to say something but as soon as you do you realize you're standing on your knees in the middle of a forest, back at the spring you were at some time ago.
As you look down you see the bag where you left it perched near some stones.
You quickly raise your hand but to your surprise it looks like your finger is there in the flesh, it seems warm to the touch.

You decide to...
>1. write in
>2. go and find some goddamn tree already, it seems to be getting darker
>3. return home
>4. pass out
>5. go wander around in the woods some more
>>
i know i said i'll be better with typos but i just woke up, gimme some slack
>>
>>3749326
Let's just get the firewood. Maybe this'll turn out to have just been a bad dream.
>>
>>3749326
>>
>>3749326
>>2. go and find some goddamn tree already, it seems to be getting darker
>>
we got consensus, what a twist
writing early to get moving a bit faster
>>
File: seafront.jpg (555 KB, 1280x1440)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>1/3

It's getting darker, there's no way you can stop to think about all this now, it's way too much.
You need to get the supplies first and foremost.

You eye the trees around the spring but they all look too damp.
To reaffirm your suspicion you cut off a branch and try to chop it in half.
As you suspected it burst into soft mush and splinters.

"This won't do, I'm not in the mood to stuff my sack with wood mush and splinters."

You decide to turn north and hope you'll run into something suitable on your way back.
Some times has passed and you can see the end of the forest peeking out.
Just as you emerge a glimpse of a giant storm cloud catches your attention.

"Oh no, I gotta hurry."
You grab closest tree at the edge of the forest and start chopping.
You split the giant log into 3 cylinders and tie them together, this way you can carry it by the rope like a big crate.

Time to hurry, you ran as fast as you can trying not to trip on your way.
When you arrive to the town you're greeted with a peculiar sight, no one appears to be on the streets, and all the stands are closed.

You rush down to the inn.
But something stops you in your tracks.
>>
File: shadowycloud.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1045)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>2/3

A giant storm cloud begins to take shape of a giant undescript creature and takes off towards the kindgom.
This can't be good.

The inn door opens and the innkeeper drags you inside as you stood frozen in place.
You come to your senses.

"what's going on, where is everyone? What the hell was that?"

The man who's been housing you for most of your life seems just as shaken.
The twonsfolk say he used to be a good friend of your family, you barely remember their faces from when you were a kid but they've been the only people serving the state out of the Seafront.

"There's no time to explain, you must go with me, hurry."
He grabs you by the hand and drags you down to the cellar.
>>
File: someunrelatedexamples.png (968 KB, 794x976)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
>3/3

Memories of playing around in this place come flooding in.
But some of them seem strange.
Your family arguing with the man who came to be something akin to your foster father, they seem sad, your last moments together was with you held in their arms.
Where do they disappear to.
"Don't go..." you whisper to yourself.

The next thing you see is enough to bring you back in the present.
The switch is pulled and a stone partition in the wall opens to reveal a hidden chamber.
"The rest is up to you" is the last thing you hear before a sudden push from the back.
You stumble and realize you're locked in now.
A few candles light up to illuminate an altar in front of you.

You hear a voice.
"Thou must forge the path forward, make your choice."
You see the hall come to light.
It's lustering, decorated with various weaponry, scrolls and artifacts.
Everything seems alluring yet familiar, you extend your hand...

ROLL 1D100
>MAJORITY VOTE OVERRIDES IF THE AMOUNT OF VOTES FOR 1 CHOICE IS 5 OR MORE
IF <5 HIGHEST ROLL WINS

>1. pick up the sword and shield, sword and board all the way oh yeah, i'll show my feats of dexterity and fencing to maneuver and gain advantage on my enemies in a straight fight

>---1.1. gimme that giant sword/axe/cleaver/hammer, i built up my physique quite well growing up and trained as a fisher, surviving through harsh environment and storms, no enemy shall stand in my wake as i take my swing at them bearing anything they can throw at me

>2. i'll take the short bow and a dagger/simple sword, time to show my utilitarian ingenuity in use of crafting special tools and arrows, ropes and explosives, no enemy will escape my nimbleness and arsenal/set-ups

>---2.1. it's long bow time, i wish to shoot javelins at my enemies from afar with the might to take out any ogre

>3. a glistening silver wand makes your eyes sparkle, it gives off a regal aura, with a manuscript of magic neatly tied to it, the notes seem scholarly and entail the secrets of the arcane, your intelligence is above that of a normal human, you've been studying anything you could get your eyes on, this is the path for you

>---3.1. no that mighty looking staff seems to be more appealing, it gives off a surge of energy, the primal unwieldy magic is where it's at, it doesn't matter that it takes your energy in exchange, at least you don't need to study, and you've got energy to spare, so what if you can pass out from using it willy nilly, you can shoot icy spears towering like mountains and walls of fire to behold

highly encouraged
>4. suggest your own, anything this crazy arsenal can hold (from whips of a beast tamer to rune axes, to spellsword, monks, bards, righteous paladins/templars, assassins to anything else)
>specify the weaponry, main focus, and the primary school of magic if it's magical (fire/summoning/dark/nature etc. whatever you can come up with)
>>
>>3749471
This choice is a little experimental, i want to see how rolling will go.
We'll figure it out in a discussion, so don't worry about it too much
Try to be creative with what you can come up with and we'll go from there.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>3749471
>>1. pick up the sword and shield, sword and board all the way oh yeah, i'll show my feats of dexterity and fencing to maneuver and gain advantage on my enemies in a straight fight
>
>>---1.1. gimme that giant sword/axe/cleaver/hammer, i built up my physique quite well growing up and trained as a fisher, surviving through harsh environment and storms, no enemy shall stand in my wake as i take my swing at them bearing anything they can throw at me
>>
>>3749471
>>2. i'll take the short bow and a dagger/simple sword, time to show my utilitarian ingenuity in use of crafting special tools and arrows, ropes and explosives, no enemy will escape my nimbleness and arsenal/set-ups
>>
>>3749474
which one? you only need to highlight one, also you can specify the weapon
>>
>>3749474
then
>>---1.1. gimme that giant sword, i built up my physique quite well growing up and trained as a fisher, surviving through harsh environment and storms, no enemy shall stand in my wake as i take my swing at them bearing anything they can throw at me
>>
>>3749486
yep that's better, thanks
>>
>>3749471
>4. A pair of leather gloves that seem to call out to you with a sense of familiarity.

Its enchantment lies in drawing out the strength of the anything its wearer wields. Any weapon hits harder, cuts deeper, becomes deadlier in its grip - whether a battered table leg or a masterwork blade.

At the same time, its user is instantly granted insight into the use of said weapon, the movements coming easily to their body - the more the weapon has seen battle, the greater the skill bestowed will be. Even the wearer's ability in unarmed combat is augmented.

Its weakness lies in the fact that, whatever minor enhancement the gloves imbue the weapon with, it can only push a weapon and a wielder to its limits; a battered blade can only be brought so far before it breaks.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>3749491
Forgot roll, assuming the write-in is workable.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>3749483
>>
File: thinking.jpg (393 KB, 667x613)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>3749507
Yes I'm not sure how we'll work this out yet, but we'll figure it out, i just want to find some better system for these kind of choices.
Maybe we'll end up sticking to just votes, we'll see.

I'll leave this one for a little longer to see if rolls are viable or if we'll get a lot of votes/support.
So far we got:

>two handed sword smack and crack beefwall (58)
>sword and dagger bowgirl dancing around and crafting/using tools (14)
>and enchanted gloves that turn anything into a viable weapon (16)
>>
>>3749524
For now the rolls are just a safety net if we only ever get 3 votes that are all different and have no middle ground/agreement.
So let's wait for this one to stew for a bit and see who wants to join in.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>3749471
>1. pick up the sword and shield, sword and board all the way oh yeah, i'll show my feats of dexterity and fencing to maneuver and gain advantage on my enemies in a straight fight
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>3749471
>>1. pick up the sword and shield, sword and board all the way oh yeah, i'll show my feats of dexterity and fencing to maneuver and gain advantage on my enemies in a straight fight
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>3749524
>and enchanted gloves that turn anything into a viable weapon (16)
>>
Should I call this now and combine a little bit of every answer since there isn't a clear consensus for a class.
We can grab a bit of anything we can carry and grow into a specialization later.

Or should we wait for more votes?
>>
>>3750131
Judging by previous vote counts, you're probably not getting much more than 6 voters anyway.

In hindsight, there's nothing physically preventing us from actually taking more than one item set, is there? We should've just strolled out of there with 10 magic rings, 7 amulets, a full set of magic clothes, and a bag of holding filled with a dozen different artifacts.

But it was all a test; the real answer was to walk out of there without taking anything at all.
>>
>>3750131
I would say just call it now or even just roll for it.
>>
>>3750204
I was considering rolling for it.

>>3750189
I like the way you think.

I'll call it now.
Hopefully this works for everyone.
>>
>1/2

The myriad of voices emanating from every angle of the room has blended into a maddening cacophony.
The allure was simply too strong to resist, it felt like your body and mind were being torn to pieces by being pulled in different directions.

Your gaze fell onto a great-sword mounted in the center-most wall of the room.
Something about it just spelled a bloodied frenzy that resonated with you, but as soon as you lifted it a strange pair of gloves came into view with a voice louder than anything before, you could feel it was something truly special.

As your touch fell on them however you felt a certain shift, there were no voices anymore, only the cold air of the cellar moving in from a draft.

Suddenly the floor gave way, you realized immediately what was going on, there was no need to think you started to frantically grab onto any item your hands could reach before bursting the door down pushing all your weight behind the blade of the two-handed cleaver and slamming it hilt first at full dash.

>inventory update
acquired "pouch of gunpowder" 1x
acquired "two-handed sword" 1x
acquired "quiver with arrows" 1x
acquired "bundle of spikes" 1x
acquired "bundle of rope" 1x
acquired "leather gloves" 1x
acquired "arcane tome" 1x
acquired "short sword" 1x
acquired "short bow" 1x
acquired "buckler" 1x
acquired "dagger" 1x

After strapping everything you could on your belt or behind the back you realized you still have your hands full with things including a giant sword that was lacking a scabbard or a belt now sitting in your arms.
You decide to make way in your bag as you lift it by picking up its strap with your feet.

>discarded
wooden axe
leftovers of the rope used for the wood

You move the 2 bottles of water and 2 silver pieces aside to put your new book, gloves, some bundles of things, a shield, and the quiver with the bow aside.

With the bag secured behind your back, a short sword and a dagger hanging at your hip belt and a big two-handed sword pressed up against your shoulder you make way into the darkness and a downpour of the outside, there was no soul in sight.

Your recall the vision of a giant creature flying towards the castle and decide not to waste a single moment, maybe everyone is already there, maybe you can help in some way.
>>
File: seafronthorror.jpg (1.4 MB, 2988x2135)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>2/2

To your horror what you're greeted with mere meters away from the inn is a bloodcurdling sight.
Grotesque creatures have come sprouting out of the sea and slowly make their way through the town, they're headed up to the castle gate.
Can someone like this be left alone, what would happen if those monstrosities wriggle their way inside?
But what can you do, just what is going on.

Amidst the storm and rain your hear a yell calling out to you.
It was the very man you've seen last, the one who raised you, the one taught you all you know, the one who tossed you into that chamber with no hint of hesitation or any explanation.

He stood his ground clad in some armor, with a sword and a shield in hand, he didn't look his usual fisher self.
"GO!"
"I will take care of this!"
"Find her and bring her to the castle!"
"It's our only hope!.."

"What are you talking about?!"
You scream out but to no avail, he can't hear you at all. The storm intensifies and you can barely stand on your feet through the wind blowing water in clumps at you with the strength of battering rams.

His voice fades as he steadies himself and charges at the first monster to approach him, with a lunge like nothing you'd seen before he forms a cross slice that rips through the creature like a knife coated in volatile oil through burning butter.
It explodes spectacularly in a burst of blood and entrails.
You hear a battle cry as he rushes onward.

What do you do.

>write in

>he might have got it but i need to help, i can't just leave him alone, i need to ensure he gets out of this alive to get any answers

>it pains me but i can't risk the lives of the entire kingdom for a single person, i must make haste

this will be it for today, gonna pass out for some dozen hours, as an extra curricular assignment I'd like to get some name suggestions for our characters, it's getting harder to refer to everyone as he/she, we need our MC, our foster father, and the witch thus far unless I'm already forgetting someone
>>
>>3750324
>he might have got it but i need to help, i can't just leave him alone, i need to ensure he gets out of this alive to get any answers
Ask him if she lives in the woods?
>>
>>3750324
I'm not really seeing much choice here.
>>
>>3750324
>>he might have got it but i need to help, i can't just leave him alone, i need to ensure he gets out of this alive to get any answers
>>
wow i really expected everyone to play the selfless protagonist and leave him
>also no name suggestions
feels bad man

anyway I'll make some breakfast and write
closed down, it's pretty clear
>>
File: clash.jpg (179 KB, 830x1595)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
You decide that you're done playing cryptic riddles.
You need answers and you need them now,

Rushing down the wet slope to the battlefield you see the man locked in with one of those monsters, struggling to free himself.
It appears it caught his blade between the teeth, 2 more are slowly encroaching to the scene, the situation seems to have turned for the worst.
The struggle doesn't put a dent to free the weapon from slimy clutches.
It feels as if the time has stopped for a split second as you approach them.

What's your next move?

>write in

>i have a giant claymore in hand, better not lose the momentum from the slide and go on the offensive to free him

>he can take care of it, i need to slide past and distract the other two before they join in
>>
>>3751877
>i have a giant claymore in hand, better not lose the momentum from the slide and go on the offensive to free him
No, he clearly can't 'take care of it'; he's struggling to free his weapon right now. The sooner we get him free, the more chance we have to survive this.

Possibly, we might just drop him one of our weapons as we arrive so he doesn't even have to bother freeing his own.

Looking at what we've got, I'm not sure how OP is going to write the gloves, since I proposed them with the intention of not being used alongside other artifacts. I have to assume he's going to alter my original suggestion, since they weren't intended for use alongside other high-grade, historied weapons this early on.

>>3751656
Didn't really see a selfish option there, really. It was: sacrifice the one person we're closest to, or else put an unknown number of faceless strangers at risk. Both are shit, but neither is definitively wrong. The fact that we don't have any idea what we're supposed to do made the decision simple for me.

I don't really have any preference for names; if it'll make things easier, I'll suggest 'Maria' as a placeholder name for our protagonist, so that anyone who does feel strongly about it can overrule me.
>>
>>3751889
META
>Didn't really see a selfish option there, really
Well, the point was to show that he dispatched one of them like popping a balloon so you'd think alright he can clearly do this himself, there's no reason to stick around other than to get information for yourself which I thought was kinda selfish.
But maybe I didn't communicate this right, it's fine.

>I'll suggest 'Maria' as a placeholder name for our protagonist
I'll use Maria and Joseph for these two for now, if anyone wants to change these later on we can do that, but these seem basic enough.

>gloves
What happened is - you were supposed to get just 1 artifact.
You picked up the claymore, but then dropped it and touched the gloves.
The gloves ended up being the only item with enchantment because as soon as you touched the 2nd item every other item in the room turned into regular junk and it all started falling apart.
So you snagged a normal 2hander, sword, dagger, small shield, a book with no catalyst, and some utility stuff.
You don't know what ability the gloves have yet, I was planning on either busting them out now to strengthen our regular iron sword to be able to pierce the thick shells of these monsters, or have you found out later by an impromptu unarmed fight where you just grabbed something random
I'm not sure which way I'll go about this yet but that's what I was thinking.
>>
>>3751900
META 2
>Maria and Joseph
wait nevermind I just realized why this is a terrible idea
gonna stick with just maria for now
>>
>>3751900
>But maybe I didn't communicate this right, it's fine.
For what it's worth, the impression I got was: he's damn strong, but he's still up alone against an army. Like this was a heroic last stand to buy us time.

The choices talking about 'ensuring he gets out alive' didn't really help to dissuade the idea that if we left him here, we'd never see him again.

>The gloves ended up being the only item with enchantment
>every other item in the room turned into regular junk
This works well with how I expected the gloves to be used. I was midway through typing out a whole bit about my intentions behind them, then I realized 'wait I'm being retarded, let the man write his own story'.
>>
>>3751910
Okay yeah I needed to specify that the choices given aren't meta but different ways Maria could think about the situation, in this case she was paranoid and didn't want any other monster to swoop in and blow the place up to smithereens so she wanted to see it through for herself even though she knew he looked way more than capable of dealing with these guys.
also assuming he can't fight just because his sword is stuck is also not really fair, the man's been keeping some secrets for over a decade, who knows if he can just let go and bash the thing with his shield or suplex it into the ground with some martial move.
>>
Anyway back to the topic.
vote here

>>3751877
>>3751877
>>3751877
>>
>>3751877
>>i have a giant claymore in hand, better not lose the momentum from the slide and go on the offensive to free him
>>
It seems 2 answer is all we're gonna get so I'll slowly start working on a character sheet for us in the meantime.
And then write option 1.
Unless by the time I'm done with it there will be more votes but I doubt it.

So semi-closed for now.
>>
>>3751877
Cant wait to use the gloves to beat the shit out people with a frying pan
Jasion born style
>>
I got caught up with some stuff and wasn't able to finish much of anything.
I'll have to postpone the character sheet until another day - I wanted to make it as a quick reference image to see basic things like appearance, short description, stats, inventory etc.

So as I was typing out the scenario of a fight just now and was about to post the thing just barely not passing character limit the page decided to refresh.
So rip all that, i'll have to rewrite it.
Which I'm too exhausted for at the moment, so i'll go sleep first.

>extra curricular assignment for now - what kind of thing would you want to see on the character sheet
maybe like extra info - hobbies, race, RPG stats, backstory blurb, class distribution, perks and bonuses, item details
also more name suggestions is always something

sorry this was a slow day, hopefully it goes better next time
>>
>>3753106
>what kind of thing would you want to see on the character sheet
You don't really need to spend too much effort on it. Item list, and notes on important items; list of important NPCs and notes; barebones personal character info. Too exhaustive a list of details will be off-putting; you just want enough for someone who's missed a thread or two to know what we no longer have to hand and what's new without too much effort - assuming you even want a character sheet at all. Many quests get by fine without one, and unnecessary mechanics tend to bog down quests more than help them.

>So as I was typing out the scenario of a fight just now and was about to post the thing just barely not passing character limit the page decided to refresh.
>So rip all that, i'll have to rewrite it.
Reminder to type out your posts in a separate text editor and copy-paste it into your browser in future to avoid such occurrences.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.