[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: WeeksHordeofInfected.jpg (107 KB, 966x641)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
You're in your room at home, sitting at your desk playing Left 4 Dead 2 when you think you hear a scream from outside the game. You pull off your headphones and listen, your blood chilling in its veins. You heard right, it's coming from downstairs, and it's definitely not the TV. You hear noises of struggle and breaking furniture downstairs, and your mom's pained voice screaming for help, then just screaming. A myriad of potential scenarios race through your mind, each worse and more serious than the last. Holy shit.

>Rush downstairs immediately, shouting for Mom and Dad
>Grab your (baseball bat or combat knife) and rush downstairs
>Get your gun out of its box and go downstairs carefully
>Stay in your room, lock the door and quietly call 911
>Write in
>>
>>3649564
>Grab your baseball bat and rush downstairs
>>
>>3649582
You need to get down there now. You grab your baseball bat, aluminum with a rubber grip, from under the bed and rush downstairs. Your heart is pounding out of its chest; Mom's still screaming, and you hear another person in there.

You leap down the last five steps and rush into the living room with tears in your eyes. You imagine some stranger down there, Dad killed somewhere, Mom being hurt, but what you see instead when you turn the corner shocks you. It's your own father, beating down and tearing at your mother with his teeth. She's already bleeding heavily and weakly trying to shield herself with her arms.

As you arrive in the room, your dad hears you and turns suddenly, blood on his mouth and a crazed look in his eyes.

>"What the fuck have you done!" Attack.
>"Dad, what is this, what are you doing?!" Stand your ground and try to talk to him.
>Run back upstairs to your room, lock the door and get the gun.
>Run, out of the house screaming for help.
>Write in
>>
>>3649698
>"What the fuck have you done!" Attack.
>>
>>3649698
>>"What the fuck have you done!" Attack.
>>
>>3649710
>>3649725
Part of you doesn't want to believe this, but instinctively you know he's gone. It's the look in his eyes, you'll never forget it. He bares his teeth at you, an unnatural look for your loving father's face, and his jaw opens wide and chomps hard at the air. Mom gasps for breath beneath him and you shout, "What the fuck have you done!"

Dad lunges forward, arms outstretched and jaws chomping. Rage flows like water through your body as you step toward him and deliver a double handed swing.

>Roll 1d100 for the first strike, and describe your battle plan.

(Your battle plan is just a write in, describe how you plan to fight your enemies. It can be simple like "kill this one first" or "stay alert and cover the others," or you can get specific and target body parts with specific weapons or strikes, give a sequence of moves, etc. I'll use the plan to write the scene but your enemies and others may affect how it actually plays out.)
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>3649768
Go for the head and be careful that that he doesn't bite us.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>3649792
Same here
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>3649792
>34

Rolling for Dad
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>3649768
Nat 1
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>3649768
>>
>>3649792
>>3649816
You swing across hard with a diagonal strike meant to knock him down, but Dad raises an arm to take the blow and merely staggers aside. You recover and prepare to strike again, this time at his head but he dives in faster and you instinctively block with your bat instead. He's got his hands on your arms and his grip is strong, trying to pull you in. You're holding his neck back with the bat, in a contest of strength to keep your face from his snapping, bloody jaws and that LOOK in his eyes. You've thought of yourself as stronger than your dad for awhile now, but right now he is fucking strong.

Roll 1d100 and...

>Try to overpower him and go to ground, choke him out with the bat
>Trip him, break free and try to get up first
>Try to slam him into a wall or some furniture
>Palm strike his face, try to break anything you can
>Write in
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>3649848
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>3649848
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>3649871
>71

Rolling for Dad
>>
>>3649871
>>3649880
You push against him with all your might. You're taller and stronger than him, and manage to get the leverage to send you both toppling to the ground. He lands hard on his back and he immediately starts kicking and struggling like the devil, snarling and thrashing and punching. You start pressing down and crushing his throat with the bat, and he gurgles and gasps but punches out hard and catches you right in the gut. You double over in pain and he bucks you off, then rolls over to his side and kangaroo kicks you. You and the bat go sliding across the wooden floor in different directions. You scramble back on all fours, trying to get up before he does.

As he gets up, Mom clings to him, grabbing onto the leg of his pants and groaning in agony as she hangs on. Dad's momentarily distracted and turns back to her, and kicks and stomps at her head mercilessly. You hear smacking flesh and blood, but she doesn't let go.

>Attack now (describe battle plan and roll 1d100)
>Go for the bat and attack (describe battle plan and roll 1d100)
>Go for a kitchen knife and attack (describe battle plan and roll 1d100)
>Go for your gun
>Go for the door and flee
>Write in
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>3649911
>Attack now
Just stomp his head in
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>3649911
>>Go for the bat and attack (describe battle plan and roll 1d100)
hit him in the head like a true sports ball man
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>3649915
>Go for the bat and attack
Try to get a home run
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>3649911
>Go for the bat and attack
>>
>>3649945
>saving the day

You hurry and retrieve the bat, taking it in both hands and charging in with a near perfect strike. The bat smashes him in the head and you feel the crunch of bone before your dad is struck down. He's on the floor, bleeding from where you hit him and panting. Before he can look up you hit him again, smashing him on the back of the head this time. Again the blow glances off, but he's definitely reeling from the hit. He sounds weaker now, and it's your Dad's voice again, no rasping, snarling animal, just your old man in pain.

But Mom isn't moving. Her face is a broken mess.

>Beat Dad's skull until he's dead.
>Hit him one more time, try to knock him out.
>Try to talk to him now. "Dad? Can you hear me? Please, just talk to me."
>Write in
>>
>>3650036
>>Try to talk to him now. "Dad? Can you hear me? Please, just talk to me."

keep our distance
>>
>>3650052
This
>>
>>3650052
>>3650058
Despite everything that's happened, you still have to hope that this is your dad, that things can go back. He just went crazy, but maybe it's over. You step back quickly, bat primed to strike again. "Dad? Can you hear me? Please, just talk to me. It's me, your son god dammit."

He rasps, still looking down. "Y-yeah, yeah, my son. You're my son. Come here boy." He looks up and meets your eye. For a second his face looks human again, not contorted like it was. But as soon as he sees you his expression lights up. A savage, hungry grin takes over and he starts chomping again. Like a drunkard he rises and stumbles toward you, arms outstretched again. "Come here, you!"

You strike down, this time he crumples under the force of the blow. You strike down again, and again. You never want to see that look on his face. With each strike you start to feel less in control, like you're not the one doing this right now. Like a bystander you watch as you obliterate your father's head, like this is a zombie game. Destroy the brain, it's the only way. Well, he's not moving anymore, is he? God, what a mess you're making here.

You drop the bat and lean against the wall, recovering your breath for a minute. You hear dogs howling, shouts and screaming from outside the house, a car peeling out. But that hardly registers right now. Your family is finished. Just like that, you're alone.

>continued
>>
>>3650145
It's all over, but you're still here. You feel a little numb. You consider what to do now.

>Look out the window to see what's going on.
>Go outside for help from the neighbors.
>Call 911, this is an emergency.
>Get your weapons, car keys and survival bag ready.
>Barricade weak points on the first floor with furniture.
>Wrap up Mom and Dad in blankets.
>Write in.
>>
>>3650167
>Get your weapons, car keys and survival bag ready.
>then head to the local military base
>>
>>3650167
Forgot to mention:

Your clothes and arms are spattered with blood and so is the baseball bat and the floor of the living room.

>Cleaning off blood is an option too
>>
>>3650172
You're already rationalizing all this as a zombie outbreak, and decide to bug out now - maybe there's a military base nearby you can seek shelter at. You head up to your room, unlock your gun case and take out the pistol - a loaded Glock semi auto, and chamber a round. You've never fired this gun before, but you've shot at a range and you were a pretty good shot with airsoft and paintball guns. You have one extra magazine with 10 rounds, and pack some boxes with another 80 rounds into your survival bag. You holster a strong and sharp combat knife and the pistol on your belt.

You get your keys and avoid looking at your parents' bodies as you prepare to leave, telling yourself there's nothing left to be done. With your bat at the ready, you quietly open the door and lock it behind you, then make for your car.

It's already dark out and in the dim glow of suburban lighting you can see the mangled ruins of a man on the road. Looking down the street to the left you see a couple of men laughing hysterically as they try to catch a barking dog. Somewhere in the neighborhood you hear a booming gunshot, then another.

You quickly walk to your car and toss the bug out bag in the passenger seat. As you shut the door you hear another commotion directly across the street from you. A terrified looking girl climbs out of a tiny window on the second floor headfirst, faceplanting on an awning and rolling to a stop. She quickly gets up and tries to slam the window shut, but a pair of arms reaches through and she stumbles back screaming. Another woman is pulling herself through the opening, and the girl looks down frantically and spots you. She screams, "Help me! Oh my God help me please!"

>Try to shoot the zombie attacking the girl.
>Pull up to the awning and tell her to jump.
>Forget her and get going, you aren't trying to be a hero right now.
>Write in
>>
>>3652362
Little girl or teenage girl? That vastly affects the amount of weight that we'd have to catch or the damage the car would take from her landing on it. I'm leaning towards at least teenage girl though based on her speech patterns.
>Pull up to the awning and tell her to jump
What kind of car is it anyway? Pickup truck? SUV? Sports car because dad was having a mid life crisis?
>>
>>3652362
>>
>>3652468
>>3652472
>What kind of car is it anyway?
4 door sedan, Toyota. Decent mileage, not very sturdy, a hand me down but it's never had problems.

You quickly hop into the driver's seat and start the car, backing it straight out and across the street and onto the girl's lawn. You roll down a window and yell, "Come on! Get down here, hurry!"

The young woman seems to be afraid to fall and starts gingerly lowering herself onto the roof of your car. The zombie following her through the window gets through and the girl screams, falling onto the car with a thud and rolling off. She quickly recovers and gets in, slamming the door shut and screaming, "Go!"

The two zombies chasing the dog have heard the commotion and are running straight at your car. One has a knife and the other has a dog's severed head in hand, both are spattered with blood and bear savage expressions.

>Crush them as we leave, at a controlled pace.
>Speed past them, we're out of here.
>Drive by shooting.
>Write in.
>>
>>3652562
>Speed past them, we're out of here
To the military
>>
>>3652562
>Speed past.
Zombies being able to use tools(the knife) is a bad sign. Intelligent zombies is you are absolutely fucked territory. They might start driving cars or using guns and if these are crossed zombies there might be an incoming nuclear winter.

Ask the girl to make calls on a/the cell phone if we got one. We wanna know how far this shit has spread or if we can buy emergency supplies along the way due to it still being localized.
>>
>>3652588
>>3652582
You can't risk your car smashing into people for nothing. You swerve around the two deftly and the girl next to you screams as one of the zombies stabs at her window, but you're clear and lose them around the next corner. Some more zombies chase your car briefly, but quickly become distracted and join others of their kind in breaking into their former neighbors' homes.

"Thanks for saving me," the girl says. She meets your eye for a second then looks back out her window. "D-do you... do you know what's... what's..." she buries her face in her hands starts to cry. You don't know what's happening either, and a part of you feels like crying too.

"Hey, cut that out," you say instead. To her credit, she starts to pull herself together, taking a few deep breaths. "My name's Jake, what's yours?"

"Isabelle." She doesn't have her phone on her, she's wearing just a shirt and pajamas. You toss her yours and tell her you need directions. "I'm going to Camp Davis, the national guard base" you declare. "That good with you?" She shrugs as if to say, where else am I gonna go?

Already there are crashes along many main streets and roads, and people are driving recklessly. On the radio news there's an emergency broadcast declaring martial law and that all citizens should stay in their homes, lock their doors, avoid unnecessary contact with others, and wait for emergency services, local authorities and the national guard to provide security and assistance.

You're making good speed on a back road when you spot a crashed car at an intersection. An injured looking woman with a phone in one hand is standing by the road, waving at you and shouting, "Help! Help!" She points at her car and clasps her hands, begging you to stop. It looks like she has an injured leg.

"I think she's normal!" Isabelle says, sounding hopeful. You look in the rear view and don't see any zombies.

>Drive past and keep going.
>Stop and offer her a ride only, we're going to Camp Davis.
>Stop and help her out.
>Write in.
>>
>>3653191
>>Stop and offer her a ride only, we're going to Camp Davis.
>>
Why is driving towards a military base the first thing everyone seems to do in these (zombie) situations?
Is it some American thing that I don't understand? My ass would try to find somewhere secluded or with a low population.
>>3653191
>We don't know what caused the crash even if the cell phone makes it suspicious that she was just a dumbass. Tell Isabelle to keep an eye out incase the reason is still inside the car. I don't know what weird shit is going on and for all we both know she crashed because she's starting to turn.
>Stop and offer her a ride only, we're going to Camp Davis.
>Ask if she has a first aid Kit in her car. Make sure the gloves get used.
>Buckle up. If this is some weird zombie bullshit or whatever the hell is going on I'd want it to be at least a little harder for you to randomly try to bite my neck off if you stop being normal.
>>
>>3653859
In the USA everyone has access to firearms, so when the apocalypse hits the meanest mother fuckers will live and have an arsenal of weapons at there fingertips the only force that won't instantly devolve into a raider gang is the US military. making them our best bet for long term survival
>>
>>3653878
I'd argue that they'd be the first to turn into a raider gang because thousands of people decided to leave reasonably safe or fortified areas they could be staying in (if it isn't a major city like New York you'd run out of zombies really fast) to skyrocket the risk of a sudden outbreak while crippling the military that could have been securing/clearing the general area instead of being forced to deal with thousands of potential attack vectors.
That's probably why military bases always fall in movies now that I think of it. They were stuck babysitting too many people they can't trust when they could have been reclaiming the city.
>>
File: Cybergun AK-47..jpg (5 KB, 259x194)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>3653878
>In the USA everyone has access to firearms,
No they don't, they need to get a gun license for that. The Glock 17 is the most common gun they have; however, I'll try to find y'all AK-47s.
Cybergun AK-47s for everyone, pic related.
>>
>>3655653
if you know where to look you can find just about anything.
>>
Forgot to answer an ask earlier:

You take a look at Isabelle. You'd guess she's a little younger than you, maybe still in high school. She has dark brown hair that falls past her shoulders and contrasts with her pale skin. She's of average build, wearing a night shirt and pajama pants. From the tense look on her face you can tell she's barely keeping it together.

>>3653212
>>3653859
"Hey, keep your eyes peeled," you say to Isabelle as you pull up next to the totaled SUV. She seems to understand what you mean. The woman is at your window and you open it just a crack. She isn't acting crazy, just desperate. She shows her hands to show she means no harm.

"Hey, we're not like them, please, we're normal. Some assholes just drove straight into us and sped off, my husband's hurt and we need to get to the hospital. 911 isn't answering!" She looks like she's on the verge of tears.

You shake your head. "This isn't a cab, I'm headed to the national guard base. You can ride along or wait for someone else."

The woman frets for a second and nods. "Ok, we'll come with you. They'll have some kind of hospital there, won't they?" She returns to the car and helps her husband out, wincing from her own leg injury. He's a heavy looking man with a bleeding head injury wrapped up in a jacket. He's groaning and holding his head, but manages to look you in the eye and say thanks. She also brings over a few shopping bags and a bloody and bent tire iron.

"Hey wait, you don't have a first aid kit in there, do you?"

"What? No, why would we?"

"Alright buckle up, either of you starts acting crazy back there I want at least that between us."

On the way to the city limits, you learn their names: Patricia and Scott. Scott seems to be in pain, and Patty does most of the talking. She was at the local outdoor mall when people just started pouring out of the food court, going berserk. She managed to hide with some others until Scott came to pick her up. They were on their way to a friend's apartment that they thought was safe, but now she isn't answering either.

>continued
>>
Hey guys, I'll continue tonight with probably another update or two after work, taking it slow today.
>>
>>3656130
The route you're taking grows more fraught with the zombies as you proceed. Isabelle's trying to be helpful but you're making a lot of U-turns trying to avoid any streets where the pedestrians look like they're acting even a little crazy. At the moment you're rolling through another suburb. On the other side should be a little road that leads right onto the highway, bypassing lots of blockages.

"Oh fuck it's them!" As you round the corner into a narrow street, you slam the brakes - a mob of at least a dozen people is kneeling over something in the middle of the road, just 20 feet away. In your headlights you see them turn simultaneously toward you, revealing blood on their mouths and expressions of ecstasy. One, a lean and grungy looking man in a sweatshirt, pulls a pistol out of his pocket and starts to raise it in your direction.

"Smash through them!"
"Back up!"
"Shit, that's a gun-"

>Shoot through your windshield at the one with the gun.
>Accelerate and smash through them.
>Swerve up onto the curb and get around them.
>Full reverse, back out the way we came.
>Write in.
>>
>>3656980
>>Swerve up onto the curb and get around them.
>>
>>3656999
Question... Do you serve to the right, or to the left?

>Right
>Left

Roll 1d100 for driving as well.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>3657042
>>Right
>>
Rolled 29, 50, 7 = 86 (3d100)

>>3657047
Rolling for the zombie with the gun...
>>
>>3657047
You slam the accelerator and swerve to the right, trying to get around the mob and over the curb. "Get down!" you shout as the lanky zombie levels the gun and opens fire.

Your windshield cracks and Isabelle shrieks, you duck down below the dashboard and lose sight of the picture as the window of your door shatters. "Oh God, oh God!" Patricia is screaming. Your hood smashes something that feels like a zombie, and you hit the curb, hard. You hear the sound of metal on metal and know immediately that can't have been good, but keep going as another shot pounds into the trunk. Your car meets resistance for a second, you dare to peek up and see that you hit a chain link fence. Your motor roars as the car extricates itself from the collapsed mesh and pole, and in the mirror you can see and hear them coming. One of the zombies bounds ahead of the pack and reaches through your shattered window, grabbing on and cackling with glee, snapping her teeth and grabbing at you with one arm.

>Unlatch and kick the door open.
>Pull your knife and stab her in the face.
>Pull your pistol and shoot her in the face.
>Palm strike her below the chin.
>Describe your battle plan. (write in option)
>>
>>3657140
>>Pull your knife and stab her in the face. then slam the accelerator
>>
>>3657143
Alright, roll 1d100 for this, it's pretty hard to miss but let's see how good of a stab it is.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>3657143
it is time for the gods of rng to smile on this quest
>>
>>3657232
"No! No!"

You reach across the hip, pull your combat knife and plunge it right into the zombie's eye with a grunt, but your alignment's vertical instead of horizontal. Blood spurts and gushes down the blade as it carves right through the bone of her socket. She grimaces and lets out a confused "Eeeuaghh," reaches instinctively for her eye, and falls off the car as you peel out, taking the knife with her. Fuck! You hear the jeering of the mob and grating metal below as your car speeds away from the scene. In the rear view you see them giving up the chase.

You get out of the suburbs and onto the road, heading for the highway as fast as you dare go right now. Something below is rumbling ominously and you slow down, that seems to appease it. "Are you guys alright?" you ask, finally checking back. Isabelle looks shaken but nods. Patricia is holding onto Scott and answers, "We're alright." Scott looks like he's out cold and doesn't respond.

"Hey what the fuck, is he alright or what, did he just sleep through that whole thing?"

"He's fine! He's just concussed, he'll be alright, we just need to get to the base!" Patricia looks frantic. "Come on, let's go!" You glance at Isabelle, she looks unsure.

>Drive fast the rest of the way to Camp Davis.
>Drive slow the rest of the way to Camp Davis, and let Scott stay.
>Drive slow the rest of the way to Camp Davis, but we have to deal with Scott first.
>Write in (something along these lines, idk)
>>
>>3657291
>>Drive slow the rest of the way to Camp Davis, but we have to deal with Scott first.
>>
>>3657297
You make sure nothing's in the rear view, then you pull over and roll to a stop.

"No, no, come on, we have to keep going, what are you doing? Hey, HEY!" Patricia grabs your shoulder and you turn in your seat to face her, right hand going defensively to your holster. She shrinks back a little, but shifts over to protect her husband. Isabelle's watching open mouthed but doesn't say anything.

How do you want to deal with Scott?

>Try to convince Patricia he's going to turn, and endanger us all. We have to leave him here.
>Try to convince Patricia he's going to turn, and endanger us all. (I, you) should shoot him.
>Tell Patricia that if she isn't willing to leave him you have to leave her here with him.
>Shoot Scott in the head, right now.
>Write in option (could be an out of the box solution)
>>
>>3657319
>was he at any point Bitten? if yes then tell her he's already dead.
>>
>>3657331
You ask, "Was he bitten? If he was he's already dead-"

"Oh what, like a fucking zombie movie? Come the fuck on."

"Was he bitten," you repeat. You remember the bloody tire iron. "You said he rescued you from the mall, was he fighting any of them-"

"They're not fucking zombies!" she screams. "You don't know shit! You think you've got it figured out but you don't know anything! My husband's fine!"

This is going well...

>Try to convince Patricia he's going to turn, and endanger us all. We have to leave him here.
>Try to convince Patricia he's going to turn, and endanger us all. (I, you) should shoot him.
>Tell Patricia that if she isn't willing to leave him you have to leave her here with him.
>Shoot Scott in the head, right now.
>Write in option (could be an out of the box solution)
>>
>>3657344
>>Tell Patricia that if she isn't willing to leave him you have to leave her here with him.
>>
>>3657351
Isabelle will remember this
Patricia will remember this

"Look, I'm not gonna argue this. Like I said, I'm going to the base. If you can't leave him, I can leave you here with him."

Patricia looks at you. Then at Isabelle, who doesn't say anything. You can read the hate on her face.

She asks for your help getting him out of the car. The three of you pull the heavy man out and set him up against a barrier. He slumps to the ground.

Patricia kisses him goodbye, writes "camp davis, national guard" on his jacket with a tube of lipstick, and gets back in the car. The rest of the trip is an awkward silence.

>continued, writing probably a longer post
>>
>>3657344
We should tie him up and leave him in the open trunk but its little to late for that
>>
>>3657377
Your poor beaten Toyota complains louder and louder despite your easy going, and finally gives in along the road going directly to the base. You can see the lights in the distance as with a final shriek of metal, something below gives out completely. The car comes to a rough stop as its bumper plants itself into the asphalt.

"It's not much further, let's go," you say, getting out and donning your bug out bag. The three of you are crossing a field toward the fences when a truck comes down the road. Four uniformed men are in the back with rifles.

The driver stops a long way from you and one of the soldiers jumps out and starts jogging over, the others have their rifles aimed at each of you. "Stay right where you are! Don't make any sudden movements or we'll shoot to kill."

"Don't shoot! We're not crazy and we need help."

"The blood," the soldier nods at you, shining his light in your face. "Have you had close contact with the infected?"

It's an infection? "Well, yeah, I killed two but I wasn't bitten and I didn't get any blood in me."

"Stay right there, don't move." The soldier, Rubio, steps around the three of you at a distance, getting a full look at you from all sides while talking on a handheld radio. "1 military age male, two females, young adult, adult. What are your names, you, you? Say, the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. Stay right there, don't move. Contact with the infected, yes sir."

He steps away and talks for awhile, then tells you you'll need to be quarantined and processed, and to follow the truck. "You're here quicker than we anticipated. I'll give it to you straight, a lot of our guys aren't mustering, things are in flux here as well. We figured some civilians might seek shelter here and we could use you, but the Colonel's first priority is making sure this base remains secure and operative."

You're not allowed in the truck, the three of you are walking behind on the way to the fence. One of the soldiers asks, "So what's it like out there? Is it really fucking zombies?" He looks excited.

"Shut the fuck up, Durden. You talk too fuckin much, you know that?"

"But are they, though?"

>If there's anything you want to ask the soldiers, or say to your group, you can.
>Are you ok with surrendering your weapons and being quarantined, yes or no.

Continued tomorrow, probably a few posts before you get to fight zombies. Hope the pace is alright for you guys.
>>
File: spores.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3657464
>If there's anything you want to ask the soldiers
Is this a local thing or is it all across the country/world?
Is martial law in effect?
Will we be officially conscripted (if it's not local)?
Any suspicious medical personnel/inoculations/quarantine orders before the outbreak in the last year?
Tell them that 'infected' can act semi-lucid and use firearms.

Yes. Won't they just shoot us if we refuse (assuming martial law)?

>say to your group
I bet bloody commies did this!
>>
>>3657520
Support also let them know we had to leave one of our group behind, ask if they can send someone to retrieve him.
>>
>>3657396
Yeah, we kinda went a bit overboard with the zombie paranoia when we could have just tied him up with some rope instead of leaving him out there to die if he wasn't actually infected.
>>
>>3657464
>Answer the dude
>Not sure. Could be an invasion of the body snatchers or whatever for all I know. If they are zombies then they're the worst kind. One shot at us with a gun on the way here so we've got somewhat intelligent fast zombies capable of using tools instead of dumb zombies you can shot at like fish in a barrel.
>Mention what happened to our parents including the part where he became lucid again for a minute.
>>3657522
>Supporting

I don't see how I have much of a choice here and you'd be damn stupid if you left me with a bunch of guns after I already told you the zombies know how to use them. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to let me have my weapons back after the quarantine is up for personal protection.
>>
>>3657464
>Tell them that we have one more but we leave them behind and ask them if they could bring him in.

>Inform them that whatever affect people they can act (Describe what happend with our father his sudden changes in bahavior etc) also they still can use tools, weapons probably even firearms.

I would say there is no time to loose and leave any queestion for later. Whatever they tell us we cant act on it anyway

>Dont ask any questions
And
>Yes surrender all of the wepons
>>
>>3657464
If I must give up weapons I would like to ask for some body armor like a riot helmet and a bullet resistant vest and if they got it a riot shield (but the shield may be a stretch)
>>
>>3657773
Asking for anything aside of pair of fresh clothes is a stretch
>>
Can we finally show some emotion too? I know we had to be detached in order to survive but I think us not showing anything after recounting having to bash our father's head in after he murdered our mother AND the realization that all of the people zombified are basically trapped in their own body is a red flag for a sociopath of some sort.

Maybe question Patricia about whether or not he actually got bit? We could feel bad when we realize we could have just tied him up or locked him in the trunk and ask the soldiers if we can help try to rescue him? The last thing you need is a person holding grudges during a zombie apocalypse because they will fuck you up out of sheer spite at the worst time.
They might not have a "live" zombie to study too so he'd be a good sample if he actually was bitten and Patricia was in denial.I was giving her the benefit of the doubt before but I'm really not sure how the fuck he could have gone unconscious from mostly superficial wounds. The zombie thing was a bit of a derp on our part though. These are clearly "alive" zombies so far instead of undead zombies so him passing out means nothing

>>3657464
I just realized this so we can probably come to this revelation late into whatever happens next.
>Hold on a sec. You guys were watching out for blood, but it's not like this was a town of friendly neighbourhood vampires. What caused the first outbreak? Is it in the water? The food? the flu?
>>
>>3657464
The soldiers don't know much about what's going on, they're low rankers living on the base itself, and a lot of their information on the situation is rumor mill from the few who managed to get in contact with loved ones living out in town. They aren't aware of any possible reason this could be happening.

Martial law was declared by the federal government over the radio, but so far the only orders we have are to muster and stand by for further instructions from the top. They tell you that a first wave was sent out in the helicopters and some humvees to get a better picture of the situation and augment the police, some of those guys should be coming back by morning.

You ask about conscription, enlistment. Getting some weapons and armor. They say you'll probably be helping in some auxiliary capacity first, but if this is really happening everywhere... martial law, right?

You ask if they can send someone to retrieve Scott. They ask why you left him and Patricia shoots you a dirty look. You give the shorthand and admit as much to them as to her that you might have been wrong (she still looks pissed), and they tell you to pass that along to the CO when you meet him; they can't just go running off and likely neither can you.

You start to warn them, recounting the things you remember about these zombies. They're talking, may even be semi-lucid, are able to use tools and firearms. They're attacking people violently and feeding on their flesh if they can. Patricia recounts what she saw happening at the mall. Isabelle starts, "My... my mom, she..." but shivers and clams up, shaking her head.

The base is indeed secure, you're all relieved to see there aren't any crazy people here. Just men and some women in and out of uniform, moving around in trucks or between buildings. It's not as large a base as you imagined, a single barracks and not even a food court, but there are plenty of large buildings, you suppose more is going on in there.
You're escorted on foot along the fence and then directly to a medical building, where the three of you go your separate ways. You follow one of the soldiers to a makeshift quarantine, just an empty classroom with a pair of medical personnel in NBC suits. Your belongings are checked, every inch of you is inspected for infection, and you're given a t-shirt, workout shorts and a brown bag of food and juice.

They flash lights in your eyes and draw blood. You ask the doctors what exactly they're checking for; is this something in the water? Food? An airborne flu? They tell you that they're just performing standard procedures for infectious diseases, based on word from "up top." They're basically as in the dark as you are, these are precautionary measures and may produce important intel for others to work with.

You're told that the Major is busy coordinating efforts with elements in the field for now, but that he'll want to speak to the three of you in the morning.

>to be continued
>>
Expect more updates, voting and rolling tomorrow, just tried to answer some asks and move the plot along for today.

A retcon: The acting CO of the base is a Major, not the Colonel.

>>3657396
>>3657522
I was hoping you guys would do this desu, I should've waited longer or just included the option. But I also don't mind if the MC fucks up a bit.

>>3657636
Yeah, you don't really have a choice. Was kind of silly to even ask.

>>3657932
I kind of used disassociation as a convenience to keep moving without bogging down in despair, but I'm keeping it in mind. I want to lean more on action than dialogue though, my dialogue sucks.
>>
>>3659373
I think the key might be in how much detail you put into it. Could just make a single sentence like saying that we curled up in a ball and cried once we had nothing to distract us from thinking about what's happened. Or that we had trouble sleeping since we had nightmares replaying what happened to our parents. Nightmares aren't the best trait to have post zombie apocalypse, but if we're lucky they might be the type to go to sleep at night too, or we'll get progressively deader inside so that it's not as much of an issue later?
I just feel like we established to our "teammates" that they shouldn't feel bad if they backstab us for a random retarded reason since they've not adjusted to things being fucked up enough for that to be a decent decision. They'd gravitate towards a charismatic no man left behind leader despite that being a recipe for leaving alone the clearly infected dude where he can kill the whole group. (The smartest thing would be the middle ground of having quarantines aka lock him in the trunk.) This is all assuming they're reasonably good people without major character flaws since just as we could be some crazy sociopath, they could also have their own problems for all we know.

It really feels like they both forgot that we saved their asses when we didn't have to in the first place, but I can understand why they're distracted by us ditching Scott right now.

I'm probably just overthinking things.
>>
>>3659363
Cpl Rubio's waiting to escort you to the barracks after the blood test is run. You're shown to a dorm with 3 rooms and given a key. Patricia comes out of one room wearing the same shirt and shorts, with a fresh bandage over her cut leg. "Hey," she says glumly. She doesn't look mad anymore, just tired. She hands you a little recorder and explains that before you get some sleep for the night the Major wants you to make a log of the day's events - as much as you can remember, being as honest as possible. "They want us up by 6, they're putting us to work."

As you lie in bed recounting the day to your recorder, the gravity of everything that's happened and is happening starts to crash down like wave upon wave. You cry into your pillow remembering Mom and Dad, unable to think of them without remembering the last you saw of them - her bleeding and broken body, the hungry look in his eye, the impact of every swing into his shattered head. Summers at the lake. Reading to you before bed. The more you think about it, the more it hits home how dark your world has become. You drift into lurid dreams of crazed lunatics coming to get you, teeth gnashing and fingers grasping.

After a few hours of uneasy sleep, you're woken and told to report to the mess hall. Lieutenant Bigby collects the recorders and apologizes that the Major can't meet you. "I'll be in charge of you guys for the time being. The first wave suffered some casualties in the city last night, but we've linked up with the local police and we know there are some enclaves of survivors holed up tight. Patricia, you're excused from field duty for a few more days, but you'll be helping stand watch. Isabelle, you're going to be helping in the kitchen. Jake, here's your weapons and belongings," he hands you back your gun, your bat, and your bag.

"I know this may sound rough, but as of last night we're in a state of emergency and nationwide martial law. You can see we're undermanned here, we've got a small garrison to begin with and a lot of our NCOs and officers haven't reported in. There isn't time for official process, but we could use your help all the same. We're heading back into the city today, and if you're willing to fight for your country and follow the orders of me and my men I'm authorized to issue you a rifle and attach you to one of my squads."

"And if I'm not?"

"You'll stand watch, work here on base, take over mundane duties to free up our own guys for the fight."

>I'll do it. Give me a rifle.
>I'm just not ready to go back out there.
>>
>>3663019
>>I'll do it. Give me a rifle.
>anything to keep my mind off mom and dad
>>
>>3663120
"I'll do it. Give me a rifle."

Lt. Bigby rises and shakes your hand, then tells you to report to the motor pool and start getting ready to roll out.

There are a lot of trucks and 10 Humvees here, they all look armed for battle with .50 cal machine guns and around each is a squad of soldiers geared up to fight. Across a large open space you see some hangar bays with several helicopters in front, also being made ready. Pvt. Durden comes up to you with a bundle in hand.

"Hey, you decided to ride along! Right on, man, here's your rifle and some better clothes to wear. Not a full uniform, but it beats running around in fuckin PT gear," he laughs. You change into your clothes and reequip yourself. You've got an M16 with a sling and a harness for 4 rifle magazines and your extra pistol magazine, and the pistol on your belt. "You should join our squad, man, we're bout to kick some zombie ass!"

A captain calls the troops to assemble and you're briefed on the plan for the day. "Malton is in chaos, but there are places that weren't hit so hard and are managing a little better. Reinforcements should be coming soon! In the meantime, we're going out into the city to secure several objectives. Unfortunately our area was hit hard and the local authorities are barely hanging on. We're going in to provide security and assistance for key personnel to evacuate the city and join us here at Davis."

You decide to go with a squad to...

>Military housing suburbs. A lot of the local NCOs and officers live here with their families.
>The hospital. Doctors and nurses are trapped on the upper floors, their knowledge could be invaluable here.
>The police station. Remnants of local authority have bunkered down here with some other survivors.
>The church. A small enclave of survivors is holed up here, a squad is trapped with them as of last night.
>Downtown. One of the first wave humvees is completely MIA, a squad is going to sweep their assigned area.
>Write in? (If you come up with something cool, idk)
>>
>>3663419
>>Military housing suburbs. A lot of the local NCOs and officers live here with their families.

Organization is everything
>>
>>3663419
We totally forgot to mount that rescue mission, the military either forgot to quarantine us,they know more than they let on about whatever this is, or they're ultra desperate.
>Hospital. We need people that can treat the injured incase we get lucky and this isn't a 100% infection rate scenario and doctors won't be as big a threat if they did get infected while we're on the way there.
We know that zombies can shoot so it might be best to leave dealing with the professionals to the professionals if they got infected. I'm sure the NCOs will get rescued by a different unit because we can't be the only squad. I really don't want to deal with military trained zombies
The police station has an armory, riot gear, and whatever military surplus is on hand. They can hold out until a little longer until a squad shows up not even counting how much more secure a police station would generally be.
The zombies started popping up at night as far as we know. Downtown shouldn't have had as much people since that apparently means a commercial area of a city and anyone that is there is in a place where you can't really hide due to all of the glass walls from shops. If they've gone MIA it can easily mean militarily trained zombies with guns. Not my idea of a fun time.
The church sounds fucked and is a high priority target as far as short term danger goes.
>Write in. After that other stuff is done can we check out the gun stores? i got shot at by a zombie on the way here and I don't want to deal with them when they figure out they can grab a bunch of ar15s.
>There anything new about these whatever is going on besides what I mentioned when I got here?
>>
>>3663564
support

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.