[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: FCQ.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1117)
609 KB
609 KB JPG

Mother Guiana is but a living carcass, The Frostblight has consumed the land, most races have vanished centuries ago but few has survived this onslaught. They fight among each other, small pockets squabbling over non-existent resources.

Everywhere is a desolate wasteland but this area in particular has some potential to be habitable at the very least. What did you stumble upon?

>The Great Silent: A ocean frozen in time, A small island with a lonesome spire surrounded by an icesheet, cruel with virtually nothing on the surface. However, Life finds a way in down below. The Great Silent also holds its share of dark secrets in the dark abyss. Dare you to uncover them?
>The Eternal Machine, Once built by a race unknown, this giant beast of Iron and cogs remains partially imprisoned in frostblight, It stands as a testament of one of many futile attempts to combat the sudden death of Guiana.
>The Frigid Copse, the land of the dead, one could hardly imagine to find solace amongst ancient frozen corpses. The prospect of giant tombs and primordial trees are too much for you to ignore.
>The Labyrinthe, under the largest of mountains lies an ancient prison. It was made for forgotten horrors who remains shackled to this day. To neighbor beast and monsters is truly desperate.
>>
>>3647459
>The Labyrinthe.
>>
>>3647459

>The Eternal Machine, Once built by a race unknown, this giant beast of Iron and cogs remains partially imprisoned in frostblight, It stands as a testament of one of many futile attempts to combat the sudden death of Guiana
>>
voting is closed after 30 mins
>>
>>3647459
>The Labyrinthe, under the largest of mountains lies an ancient prison. It was made for forgotten horrors who remains shackled to this day. To neighbor beast and monsters is truly desperate.
>>
>>3647459
>The Great Silent: A ocean frozen in time, A small island with a lonesome spire surrounded by an icesheet, cruel with virtually nothing on the surface. However, Life finds a way in down below. The Great Silent also holds its share of dark secrets in the dark abyss. Dare you to uncover them?
>>
>>3647459
>The Frigid Copse, the land of the dead, one could hardly imagine to find solace amongst ancient frozen corpses. The prospect of giant tombs and primordial trees are too much for you to ignore.
>>
File: file.png (556 KB, 900x509)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>3647465
>>3647469
>>3647475
>>3647476
>>3647490

You see giant set of doors pried open and a sea of skeletal remains at the entrance. The stench of death already reeks from the dark bowels of your new home. Yes, you...who are you?

>An ambitious person who has lost everything in search of a new home. You lead ill-fated settlers who have poured their trust in your hands
>A raider who has been betrayed, exiled and left for dead. You and your band of brothers and sisters will rebuild then you will unleash vengeance about your previous clan
>The Solution to the frostblight....or at least you think so. You are by yourself seeking a new place of operations to combat this unnatural disease
>...Free. Your cursed regal bloodline has imprisoned you thousands of years ago. How ironic, your new seat of power is another prison.
>>
>>3647503
>An ambitious person who has lost everything in search of a new home. You lead ill-fated settlers who have poured their trust in your hands
>>
>>3647503
>>The Solution to the frostblight....or at least you think so. You are by yourself seeking a new place of operations to combat this unnatural disease

let's bring back the warmth
>>
>>3647503
>...Free. Your cursed regal bloodline has imprisoned you thousands of years ago. How ironic, your new seat of power is another prison.
>>
>>3647503
>The Solution to the frostblight....or at least you think so. You are by yourself seeking a new place of operations to combat this unnatural disease
We was scientists and shieet
>>
>>3647524
Kek supportan
>>
>>3647509
>>3647517
>>3647523
>>3647524
>>3647535

Yes, you have made an oath to cleanse this dying world of the Frostblight. The question is, by what means you aim to achieve this seemingly impossible task?

>The Way of the Machinus; The titular dwarves and many other lost races has resorted to rational thinking. With the power of their mind, nothing was out of their reach. You follow the same path
>The Way of the Arcanus; The powers of the great beyond still resonates in this plain of existence to some degree. Many forms of magic is now lost. those who are still practiced focuses on sustaining precious warmth. You follow the same path.
>>
>>3647542
>>The Way of the Arcanus; The powers of the great beyond still resonates in this plain of existence to some degree. Many forms of magic is now lost. those who are still practiced focuses on sustaining precious warmth. You follow the same path.

magic! protect the warmth!
>>
>>3647542
>The Way of the Arcanus; The powers of the great beyond still resonates in this plain of existence to some degree. Many forms of magic is now lost. those who are still practiced focuses on sustaining precious warmth. You follow the same path.
>>
>>3647542

> >The Way of the Machinus; The titular dwarves and many other lost races has resorted to rational thinking. With the power of their mind, nothing was out of their reach. You follow the same path

we frostpunk now. full steam ahead
>>
>>3647542
>>The Way of the Machinus; The titular dwarves and many other lost races has resorted to rational thinking. With the power of their mind, nothing was out of their reach. You follow the same path

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU
>>
>>3647542
>The Way of the Machinus; The titular dwarves and many other lost races has resorted to rational thinking. With the power of their mind, nothing was out of their reach. You follow the same path
>>
>>3647542
>The Way of the Machinus
Praise the omnissaiha
>>
>>3647542
>>The Way of the Machinus; The titular dwarves and many other lost races has resorted to rational thinking. With the power of their mind, nothing was out of their reach. You follow the same path
>>
>>3647545
>>3647556
>>3647564
>>3647568
>>3647570
>>3647590
>>3647594

Magic is the every reason Frostblight has ravaged this land...or so you think. Your mind is your sole weapon, you don't need false powers from the great beyond.

>Pick a gender and three starting focuses

>male (Argea)
>Female (Frea)

Focuses
>Tinkering (Small automatons/gadgets)
>Salvaging (breaking down iron husks and others for precious parts)
>Contraptions (traps, understanding of other mechanical structure)
>Constructing (Greater automatons/Large scale projects)
>Processing ( finer parts for other projects)
>Technotheurge (Advanced Weaponry/Special Gadgets/Alternative power sources)
>Steamworks (Conventional power source/ Advanced Weaponry/Special Gadgets)
>>
>>3647629
>male
>Salvaging
>Constructing
>Tinkering
>>
>>3647629
>male
>Steamworks
>Constructing
>Salvaging
>>
>>3647631
Support.
>>
>>3647629
> male
> steamworks
> salvaging
> construction

We bid farewell to plenty, but hope will push us forward!
>>
>>3647629
>male (Argea)
>Salvaging
>Constructing
>Steamworks
>>
>>3647629
>Technotheurge (Advanced Weaponry/Special Gadgets/Alternative power sources)
We will need this to actually solve the heat problem
Construction
Steamwork

Salvage doesn't need to be our spec, and I bet it will be easier to find someone good at that than another technoteurge
>>
>>3647629
>Male

>Constructing
>Steamworks
>Technotheurge

We Frostpunk now
>>
>>3647661

changing my vote to this because it's a good point

>>3647672

yesss
>>
>>3647644
>>3647672
>Frostpunk

yesssssss
>>
I suspect that without Salvaging, Contraptions, or Processing, we're going to have a tough time until we can make parts from scratch.
But if we want to to achieve our long term goals and develop solutions, Technotheurge is a great way to go.

When do we want the hurdle, at the start or later on?
>>
>>3647818
Later on. Give us time to build up and reach out. Then pioneer through obstacles.

If all the difficulty is in the beginning, quest will probably stall out eventually.
>>
>>3647629
>Male (Argea)

>Salvaging
>Processing
>Tinkering

So hear me out on this. What we need is a base to build up from. We only get three starting focuses out of 7. I very much doubt that we'll be able to jump right in to any of the big projects. From a materials, workforce, and special requirements standpoint.

Salvaging - This is necessary to build up raw resources.
Processing - This seems to be the vespene gas to salvaging's minerals, if I use starcraft resource logic. You want special shit, you use processed parts.
Tinkering - Small automatons/gadgets. Think about what this actually says. Automatons, aka, workforce. Things that don't need food or water. That can be built by a small workforce (us). Tireless metal men sounds like a huge advantage, more so than a tireless metal colosus.
Gadgets. Now this is important. We are presumably a stock humanoid, and we've forgone magic. Our replacement for that kind of versatility is our ability to build solutions to our problems. We should be able to build an array of basic and some advanced items with this. It might not be special gadgets like a force-field or anything. But multi-tools, things to help us research and speed up our ability to build things, improve our combat ability and survivability. All of that should be possible.

Just looking at the focuses, I assume the following.

First tier focuses are probably Salvaging, Contraptions, and Processing.

Second tier are probably Steamworks and Tinkering. Steamworks likely builds off of Salvage and Contraption. Tinkering likely builds off of Salvaging and Processing.

Tier three seems to be Constructing and Technotheurge. Technotheurge seems the next level of Tinkering, requiring knowledge of how to power more complicated, esoteric, and advanced applications of technology.
Constructing seems the result of combining tinkering with Steamworks. The ability to power creations an order of magnitude greater than what Tinkering can.

And I can only assume there's something like a fourth tier or higher, that builds off of combining Large scale projects with High tech esoteric power sources. Which would be built off of Constructing and Technotheurge.
>>
>>3647918
supporting
>>
>>3647631
>>3647632
>>3647641
>>3647644
>>3647654
>>3647661
>>3647672
>>3647740

Mind taking a look, fellas? I fear that for the most part you guys are just jumping the gun on this here.
>>3647918
>>
>>3647631
Changing this
>>3647918
To this if OP is still around
>>
>>3647629
>Contraptions
>Constructing
>Processing
>>
>>3647629
>Male (Argea)
>Salvaging
>Processing
>Tinkering
>>
>>3647629
I've noticed something kind of important about the focuses... there's not an actual harvesting focus.

What I mean to say is, we can only use what already exists to make what we need.
Unless salvage lets us torn ore into ingots.

Also, there's no metallurgy. That is to say, there is no explanation in the focuses on how advanced technological materials are made. An example would be the transparent aluminum glass that's recently been developed irl.

I would assume processing is it, since you process materials in order to get more advanced materials. Oil to diesel to gas to refined special fuels.

But I digress, just noting on something strange. Maybe the focuses do cover these things and I just missed it, dunno.
>>
I AM BACK
so sorry for bailing out like that, yesterday was a wild ride.

anyone there?
>>
>>3650284
you raise a fair point . Actually we are missing more than one focus, namely:
Harvesting/Mining/Extracting for raw resources
and most importantly Thermotheurge which focuses on maintaining/manipulating temperature. I.e the main shtick of the quest

I mess up, should i start all over? we haven't really done anything
>>
>>3650461
Just add them to the last vote and revote.
>>
>>3650470
but i lost all that momentum from yesterday. i think it is for the best to start a new one. It just doesnt feel right for some reason.
>>
>>3650481
If you're uncomfortable with the setting don't give us a choice. You can just start the quest with your favourite setting.
>>
>>3650483
i am fine with this setting, i just dont feel like is continuing over in this thread, i would prefer starting a new thread, same stuff but a fresher start.
>>
>>3650487
Maybe use what we already chose so we don't have to go though all the chargen again
>>
>>3650487
Damn. I was getting into it (I like the descriptions). If you choose to continue, do post the link here if this thread is still up.
>>
>>3650487

Go right ahead, we will follow!

*creepy stalker music*
>>
>>3650487
I'm fine with starting over in a new thread, just copy and paste the story posts so far into it and add another focus.

Also can we get WoG on advanced materials? Like alloys and stuff? Do they fall under processing like
>>3650284 assumed here?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.