[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Cover.png (640 KB, 595x660)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
Pain came to you, sudden like thousand kicks in your forehead all at once. It wasn't your first rough awakening and surely it wouldn't be the last, but this kind of thing, you couldn't get used to it, it always hurt like hell. You couldn't see where were you; your senses were still numb and slowly coming back together, you couldn't remember much either, whatever you did yesterday it must have been one hell of a night.

Your eyes started to adapt to the sunlight, painful sunlight, hitting against your dry eyes and exponentially augmenting your headache like one giant celestial fuck you. The shapes around you were still blurry and diffused but at least now you knew that your eyes still worked.

With a loud and painful rumble your stomach growled in a mixture of hunger and acidic indigestion, without being able to avoid it you belched and to your grateful surprised noticed that your senses of smell, taste and hearing were back, just in time to allow you to hear, smell and taste the acrid half digested food that rested on your stomach. Nothing like fresh vomit and a brain splitting headache to start the day.

You tried to move away, just a little to puke somewhere else but on yourself. But it was useless, you had been completely hogtied, with a single rope your wrists and ankles had been tied to your back in what looked to be some bondage foreplay. At least, from what you could feel by patting your body you were at least clothed. With a sigh you clasped your lips and awaited for the inevitable, when the puke ascended over your mouth you had no other choice but to hold it and forcefully send it back from where it came.

"H-hello?" You said with your vomit stained lips and barely audible raspy voice. "Is anyone there?"

By the time you ended your question your senses were completely back to you. You were inside of a flying plane, a ramshackle one at that, surely one built before the Great War and barely kept on a working condition thanks to countless of haphazard jury rigs. The plane was a civilian model, one that had been emptied of seats to make it as lightweight as possible. Next to you there were other bound people, around forty unlucky sods in total, most were humans like you but there were a few ghouls, some psykers and even a Super-Mutant. They all had explosive collars around them, and even if you couldn't see it you were sure that you weren't the exception. They all seemed to have been drugged like you as they were all peacefully sleeping for now.
>>
A door opened in front of you, from it came a chubby ghoulette wearing an old and grimy looking cream coloured two piece swimsuit and what clearly was a cheap brunette wig.

"Told you I heard someone speaking! One of them has awoken already!" Said with a voice that attempted to sound sweet but sounded like crystal chunks being blended.

"Then grab the Gene sequencer and start with it!" Answered a somewhat male sounding robotic voice from the pilot's cabin.

She blew a kiss at him and then searched around until she found a big boxy machine. Whatever was the machine's original purpose it had now been altered and twisted, it had several additional circuit boards, nixie tubes and several other electronic gizmos slapped to it and tied with colorful cables and a healthy dose of duct tape. She walked towards you swaying her hips in what looked like an attempt at gathering your attention. Now that she was up close you were able to see that her face was caked in cheap makeup and perfume. To be honest, she was even harder to look than regular ghouls.

"What are you...?"

Without letting you finish your sentence she then plucked a couple of pincers from the device and painfully put them on your tongue and left ear. The thing then came to life and started showing a cascade of green machine code as the different lights erratically turned on and off and the different faulty connections started spewing sparks. Whatever it was doing to you it was annoying and scary, the pincers were now vibrating with a soft electrical charge and slowly becoming warmer and warmer, and the one that was in your tongue kept giving you an stingy and metallic taste that honestly, didn't mixed well with your vomit traces.

"Oh don't worry sweetheart. This is just analyzing your DNA and other...stuff to know how valuable you are to us. We have to give you a price after in the slave markets after all. But don't worry, someone as cute as you will surely end getting a high value in the auctions~"

Not long after came a loud ding and the machine stopped.

"Well! According to this you are as healthy as a horse! Mmh, lucky you! The ones who don't pass the exam are thrown out to become shark chowder you know?"

With a wink she kissed your forehead and removed the clasps before grabbing a small notebook and a black pen.

"Alright! Gender?"

>Male
>Female
>>
>>3570994
>>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Female
>>
>>3570994
>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Male
>>
Aaaaaaah, shieeeeet boys, fucking post-apocalyptic pirates. Yo ho ho and bottle of nuka!

>Male
>>
>>3570994
>Female
>>
>>3570993
Alright OP, I'm with you for however long it takes for us to blast the Beach Boys while riding a rocket powered surf board.

>male
>>
>>3570994
>Male

"Oh, no need to answer that hun. I know a stud when I see one." She says, patting and feeling your bound body.

"I was a nurse before the war...well, more of a masseuse really, one of the kind that gave happy endings. With handsome guys like you I would even go further~"

Despite being pear shaped and having visible love handles her fingers were surprisingly thin and boney, specially now that part of her skin had rotten and fallen off.

"C'mon, see this as your special prize for being the first one to wake up. Besides, it's not like that uppity toaster of a pilot is ever going to notice it." She cooed and whispered to your ear, giving you goosebumps, and not of the good kind.

Luckily for you others were slowly coming back to the waking world, any sense of privacy that you might have was now gone.

"Oh well, perhaps later, who knows, I might decide to go in and buy you for myself." She said as she playfully bit your ear lobe and gave a worryingly feral sounding growl.

"How should I call you, lover?"

>Write in a name.
>Voting will close in an hour.
>Name will be afterwards chosen with a dice roll.
>Joke names will be rejected.
>Each ID can only give one name, if you can you can change your name with another reply but only before the hour has passed.
>Good luck to everybody!
>>
>>3571073
Duke Aikau
>>
>>3571073
Oh dear god. Would be easier to vote democracy style but I'll toss Dillinger Rast into this sordid pit of die.
>>
>>3571073
>Jebediah 'Jeb' Barnaby
>>
>>3571073
>>3571085
Dillinger Rast
>>
>>3571085
Fuck it, Dillinger Rast sounds good
>>
>>3571084
+1
>>
Fuck it, I'm hyped as fuck so voting ends now. Dillinger Rast wins. Writing now.
>>
>>3571073
>Dillinger Rast

"My name is Dillinger Rast."

She raised one of her hairless eyebrows in surprise.

"Sounds regal and foreign! Are you some kind of prince perhaps? You should know that despite what the myths say...I can still give birth! Other ghouls are barren but me, I'm special you know? Someone as special as me should perhaps be with someone as special as you~"

She had suddenly moved from being touchy and annoying to being completely asphyxiating and sexually harassing. There was a worrying undertone in her voice, she seemed to be desperate for a way out, perhaps she just wanted something else besides dealing with slaves and being participant in human misery.

"Fat chance..." You answered without ever thinking.

"W-WHAT! Is that an insult to my weight! Well you should know that I used to be the most gorgeous girl in my neighbourhood and that I had several married men lust after me and one of them even asked me to run away with him to Vegas. B-but then the bombs started falling, and so did my skin and my hair! I'm still beautiful damnit! If I don't exercise anymore is because my knees hurt!"

Alright, she didn't want a way out, she simply was plain out mad and with her head filled with Old World Blues.

She huffed and then raised her fist as if to punch you, but then changed her mind.

"Owww, I cannot be mad with a cutie like you. Let's just say that it was the drugs in your system the ones that were talking for you ok?"
>>
I can tell by the early effort put in this is going to be good. *>*
>>
>>3571164
She flipped some pages of his notebook and then seemed to find what she was searching for.

"Alright! Next step!"

>YOU ARE S.P.E.C.I.A.L!
>You have 33 points to distribute:

>Strength:
Strength determines a character's raw, physical power. It's an important Attribute for characters that prefer melee weapons or like to carry lots of gear for multiple occasions. Bashing in doors, lifting heavy objects, and breaking things all involve Strength. Strength also governs: The Athletics, Melee Weapons, and Unarmed Skills. The amount of Heavy Slots a character has (one Heavy Slot for each point of Strength you possess).

>Perception:
Actions involving awareness and senses. Noticing traps, identifying people, seeing in the distance, and penetrating disguises all involve Perception. Perception also governs: The Energy Weapons, Explosives, Investigation, and Lockpick Skills. Page 8 Helps determine a character's Defense Score (Character Level + Perception + Agility + Luck).

>Endurance:
Actions involving fortitude and health. Walking long distances, withstanding poison, disease, and radiation, standing through punishment, and resisting torture all involve Endurance. Endurance also governs: The Survival Skill. A character's starting number of Health Slots is equal to five plus one-half his Endurance Attribute (5 + 1/2 End), rounded up. The number of Cybernetic Implants a character can possess equals his Endurance Attribute.

>Charisma:
Actions involving charm, wit, and personality. Lying, seduction, diplomacy, begging for your life, and haggling with a merchant all involve Charisma. Charisma also governs: The Barter and Speech Skills.
>>
>>3571167
>Intelligence:
Actions involving knowledge and reasoning. Disarming traps, reading codes, researching, repairing things and sabotaging other things, and hacking computers all involve Intelligence. Intelligence also governs: The Medicine, Repair, and Science Skills. Characters have a number of Skill Points at 1st level equal to their Intelligence Attribute. Each level after first a character gains a number of Skill Points equal to two plus one-half their Intelligence Attribute (2 + 1/2 Int), rounded up.

>Agility:
Actions involving speed, reflexes, and precision. Sneaking around, throwing things, acrobatics, and avoiding traps all involve Agility. Agility also governs: The Guns, Pilot, and Sneak Skills. A character's Initiative equals his Agility Attribute. Helps determine a character's Defense Score (Character Level + Perception + Agility + Luck).

>Luck:
Actions involving how much the universe likes you. Playing the slots, getting to the train on time, choosing the right path in the dark, and flipping a coin all involve Luck. Luck doesn't govern any Skills, although by spending some Karma it might be able to turn a failure into success. Luck does influence: A character's chance of scoring a Critical Hit. Characters with a Luck of 5 or less only score Critical Hits on a roll of 10. The higher a character's Luck score, the more likely he is to score a Critical Hit (Luck 6-8: 9 or 10, Luck: 9-10: 8-10).
>>
I forgot to add:

>As before, you have ~30 minutes to make your choice, it might be more or less depending on the participation level.
>I will choose the most voted option, if there's a draw or it is somewhat equally contested between two or more options then a dice will choose.
>>
>>3571167
Strength: 8
Perception: 4
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 5
Luck: 1

Kinda want to go for a strong man.
>>
>>3571168
S - 4
P - 6
E - 3
C - 4
I - 7
A - 6
L - 3

Smart gunslinger.
>>
>>3571176
Wait- Fuck, we're using skill points?!
Change it to this:
S-3
P-6
E-3
C-4
I-10
A-6
L-1
>>
>>3571187
seconding this
>>
>>3571176
Str 3
Per 3
End 3
Cha 6
Int 4
Agl 4
Luk 10

Dumb luck
>>
>>3571203
I believe you still have three more points you can use.
>>
File: UaDmu3u.jpg (106 KB, 880x1813)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3571193
Can you call It a Fallout game if It doesnt has skill points?

>mfw Fallout 4 lacks skill points and I unironically enjoy it
>>
>>3571167
Strength 3
Perception 8
Endurance 3
Intelligence 6
Charisma 4
Agility 6
Luck 3
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

Let's see, we have:

>>3571187
Option #1: Smart Gunslinger

>>3571193
Option #2: Smart Nerd

>>3571203
Option #3: Lucky Devil

>>3571232
Option #4: Perceptive Guy

Rolling now to choose. Let the luck gods decide.
>>
And we got the option with the least luck! Perhaps this adventure will end with us dead even before we reach Hawaii! Just kidding, I won't be so cruel, at least not so early.
>>
>>3571252
brainlets BTFOed
>>
>>3571257
We're the smart boi
>>
>>3571175

Suddenly, a threatening voice boomed over the plane's radio. It was clear and loud enough to be heard even from your position.

"Unidentified vessel, you are flying over Enclave Airspace, change your vectors seven degrees to the east or we will open fire."

The pilot bent down to grab the communicator and answer, it was then that you noticed that it was indeed a robot, but a particular one, it was a heavily modified Protectron that lacked legs and was bolted to pilot's seat, it was one with the plane, and in a sense, you were inside of it.

"Fuck off you patriotic g-men, suck on my balls of steel and let me make you moan with my big and vibrating cathode tube. Please assume the position and remember! Numbness will subside in several minutes!!!"

You weren't in a plane, you were in a flying madhouse.

"Shit, its not like I need a reason to blast off muties and wastelanders." Was the answer from the other side of the line.

Only seconds later a guided missile passed by whistling. Suddenly the left engine violently exploded. The plane wasn't unable to sustain itself in the air anymore, crash landing was now inevitable. Even with its robotic piloting skills it couldn't save the plane and it started spiralling out of control. Since you weren't using a seat belt or any security measure at all you started bouncing all across the walls and so did the chubby ghoulette and all the other slaves who were now due for a rude awakening.

And then...darkness.

Deep, deep, deep. Even for one used to living in empty and obscure places like you, the darkness is palpable and oppressive. You are suddenly very aware of the how small you are. What do they say? That you are a gear in the machine? You've long been used to that, but you feel it again now. Deeper still. Phosphorescent slugs the size of ponies pulse in the darkness. Sunk ships, countless of skeletal corpses and radioactive barrels glint in their light. Almost too low to hear, a deep slow rhythm throbs. The heartbeat of some immense creature or a feature of the last bubbles of air moving leaving your lungs?
>>
>>3571297

Some of the slaves had awakened from the impact, a few ones like you were lucky enough to have their binds broken in the fall. Most were destined to sink into oblivion.

It was hard to say for how long you fell and how the hell you managed to survive but you ended floating back to the surface from the impact. The plane was half now sunken into the sea. The protectron was trapped upon his seat, it didn't took him long to short circuit and die. Around you there were several precious items like weapons sinking down upon the crystal clear waters. Close to you there was the psychotic sexual harasser ghoul, she was trapped under some debris and screaming her lungs out for help. She looked at you with fear on her eyes but in the end, the two of you knew that she was doomed, soon enough the entire plane sank down and dragged her down, but not before blowing you a kiss with what could have been her last breath.

Not everything sank, some of the debris floated, you quickly grabbed a plastic barrel and hold it for your life. You hold upon it with all your forces and became dragged by the currents. Impossible to say for how long you were like this and it could even have reached the entire week but ultimately the seas were merciful and a fishing tugboat ended finding and rescuing you.

Had it been good luck? Only time would say.
>>
>>3571300
>Alright, I've stuff to do now.
>Next update will be in more than 12 hours.
>Despite being busy I might find some time to answer questions, or whatever. So feel free to ask.
>Thanks for participating, it was fun, I'm already fond of Dillinger.
>>
>>3571301
I wanna fuckin' surf qm.

Promise me we'll get the chance to surf.
>>
>>3571309
Sure why not we will do It. And we have 6 AGL so who knows. We might be lucky and not end being devoured by some mutant shark
>>
>>3571314
Worth it.

Thanks qm
>>
>>3571301
So, will there be hot babes other the sexually harassing ghoul?
>>
>>3571470
Waifus are to /qst/ what spice is to Dune. They are neccesary for the world to continue spinning. There will be waifus yes but this wont be a pervy harem adventure.

Think of It like in Fallout 4 in which you can date one of your companions.

We might end with some lucky guy or girl that we can share our bed with.
>>
>>3571502
One small question. Is English your first language?
>>
>>3571648
Eh... no. Its very noticeable isn't It?
>>
>>3572276
You do occasionally miss words, and the sentences are definitely that of someone who’s learned English
>>
>>3572310
Is it a bad thing? I want to improve.
>>
>>3572276
>>3572454
I think it's noticeable for native speakers, as someone who learned it it's not that noticeable.
>>
>>3572454
As another english learner, I think your writing is pretty good. I've seen native speakers make way more mistakes than you.
>>
>>3572454
Don't worry. It's good writing.
>>
>>3571300
It was hard to say for how long you had been floating next to a plastic barrel like that, it could have been only a couple of days, but for you it felt like a lifetime.

The waters dragged you like a leaf in the wind. Several times your hands almost slipped or your arms faltered but still, you managed to hold into with your last remnants of strength.

Until now.

Your grip weakened and once more you dozed off into the emerald radioactive waters of the pacific ocean.

In this instant you felt like a complete fool. You had risked everything to travel from the mainland to Hawaii and now, you would die even before reaching the shore. Your great great great great great grandparents managed to survive the Great War outside of a Vault. Your entire lineage was defined by its smarts and survival skill and you, by dying before doing anything remarkable of having offspring, you were just spitting into all they worked into. All these years of enduring and surviving, of sacrifice and hard labour for nothing, the Rast family name would die with you.

Living in the wasteland had given you a fair share of hard to believe experiences but even you were sceptical and unsure of if ghosts and the supernatural were real, still, you felt as if your ancestors were judging you, feeling shame.

You tried to move but nothing but unbearably painful cramps came from your bones and muscles. A mixture of blood a bubbles started to escape from your nose and mouth, you were completely done.

Above lied the sun, calling for you with its warmth and its hope bringing light. Under you lied a blanket of cold darkness, and under that, Hell. The war had sunk thousands of nuclear warships and submarines onto the seafloor. Countless of radioactive hotspots lied down there along with creatures that were fearsome and nightmare inducing even before the war mutated them. Hopefully, you would drown before some two headed shark or giant mirelurk decided to use you as an appetiser.

Slowly, the sun became bigger and bigger. Its white light surrounding the dark waters and engulfing you in a hug. Was this death? Did you perhaps die and is this the tunnel with light thing that some people with near death experiences have mentioned to witness?

No.

An old tugboat had caught you with its fishing nest and dragged you out into the surface. You were so exhausted that you didn't even feel it pulling you up. You smiled and winked at the cloudy sky. If your ancestors were really there looking up for you then it meant that they had deemed you worthy. You would make them proud. And with that thought in your head, you finally fell asleep.
>>
>>3572624

The fishermen took you towards their dormitories where you slept like a newborn. When you recovered you slowly arose from your slumber incredibly hungry and thirsty. Between being drugged and kidnapped, becoming a castaway for who knows how long and this exhaustion induced nap you might have spent almost an entire week without any clean water or food.

An old ghoul sat next to you with a steamy cup of soup. He wore a captain's hat and some old clothes decorated with medals of several types, most of them being too damaged to read or clearly made from cloth and nuka cola bottlecaps. He was peacefully reading some old novella while smoking from a pipe made from rotten wood that was nearly completely encrusted with salt. When he noticed that you woke up he gladly gave you the soup. It was thick and dark, with a rich smelling steam coming out of it and pieces of what seemed like tatos and fish floating.

"Name's Saltgut, seems like you had a rough day eh champ?" He said with a voice that sounded like someone who was gurgling a mixture of spit and chewing tobacco.

>"Where am I?"
>"What happened?"
>"Are there any other survivors?"
>Other question: Write in.
>>
>>3572625
>"Where am I?"
>>
>”Who are you?”
>>
>>3572625
>Yep.
>>
>>3572625
>>"Are there any other survivors?"
>>
Sorry guys, had to run some errands, writing now.
>>
>>3572625
>"Where am I?"

"Oh." He said patiently, closing his book and giving you indications to start the soup.

"About a hundred miles from the southeast coast of O’ahu. Fishes aren't very irradiated around these waters. This is a pretty safe area, there haven't been many encounters with sha-manos, gillfolk or ghoul whales under my watch. And that's how I like it."

>”Who are you?”

"Told ya already. Are you dead or dumb? Everybody knows me as Saltgut. I'm always licking this salty pipe, I don't even smoke it, thus the name. And who might you be?"

"I am Dillinger Rast. Nice to meet you. Thanks."

"No problem kid." He said with a sweet smile that lacked most teeth.

"And yeah, I had a pretty rough day. I'm glad you were able to find me."

"It was no luck kid. You are jinxed I think. The only reason we found you was because of this."

He then pointed at your explosive collar. It was now rusty and drenched in salt water, but it was still on, you could feel its internal machinery softly beeping.

"These collars interfere with our sonar. You weren't the first one that we fished, but you were the first one who was alive... and sane."

"What do you mean?" You ask raising an eyebrow.

"We managed to haul some metal chunks that had a feral girl inside, she was completely gone, hell she even attempted to attack me and most of the times ghouls don't harm other ghouls."

"She wasn't feral when I meet her." You said kind of sad.

"Yeah, trauma can do that to you... Well, it's a good thing we found her and turned her into bait."

"What!? You killed her??"

"Yeah." He answered calmly. "She was dangerous for the crew, if I sent her back to the sea she might sink into the bottom and never truly drown. The radiation down there is enough to keep ghouls alive, but its a life without any sunlight, air or food. I wouldn't wish it to my worst enemy. We tied her down and chopped her neck with a swift and clean slash. It was as merciful as it can get really. And then we returned her spirit to the sea. Don't be mad, it's poetic in its own way."

>"Can you help me remove the explosive collar?"
>"I'm new in Hawaii, what should I know before I get off?"
>"You mentioned Sha-Manos, Gillfolk and Ghoul Whales, what are those?"
>Other question: Write in.
>>
>>3572885
>You mentioned x, y, and z. What are those?

> Help with collar pls
>>
>>3572885
>>
>>3572892
Ditto
>>
>ghoul whales

Nvm fuck Hawaii get me out of here
>>
>>3572885
>>
File: Bound.jpg (101 KB, 783x521)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>3572885
>"You mentioned Sha-Manos, Gillfolk and Ghoul Whales, what are those?"

"You truly are new here. Sha-manos are mutated sharks. They are several times bigger and more vicious than their pre-war counterparts and are known to be able to devour a whole person in one bite. They are so big that there are even combat knives made from their teeth, they are pretty expensive but a helluva conversation starter. Due to their big sizes and mutated DNA they might suddenly die from an explosive heart attack thought."

"Explosive heart attack?" You said incredulously.

"Yeah! I've seen it! They get so angry and excited that their hearts literally explode. If you are ever followed by a group of 'em consider yourself lucky if that happens because then the other Sha-Manos will cannibalise it and give you a chance of escaping."

He moved the salt encrusted pipe across his toothless gums and nodded passionately.

"Bound Sha-Manos are worse in my opinion."

"If they are bound, how can they be worse?"

"Bound yes, but not imprisoned. Bound Sha-manos are the result of someone killing a pregnant one and taking the stillborns for themselves. These lil fuckers can be raised to maturity but will never grow as big as if naturally birthed. Most of the people who do this are pirates or tribesmen, they also add several chains and metal straps to keep them in a constant state of pain. They are used as a way of defending a position or attacking smaller ships, there are even tales about Bound Sha-Manos that had Mini-Nukes and Frag Mines strapped to them and were used to sink submarines. Nasty stuff I can tell ya."

"Wow... I've heard of suicider Super-Mutants but this...jeez." You replied trying not to make a mental image of a gigantic kamikaze shark.
>>
>>3573037
"Then there are the Gillfolk. Name's kinda descriptive. People with gills and strange looks. They live underwater and lackt have fish bottoms but their toes are webbed and they cannot stay for long in the surface. They are super secretive of where they hail from and most encounters with them have been violent. It is considered a bad omen to see one swimming under the moonlight. They are not wild thought, they can speak like you or I and have been known to use modern tech and attempt to infiltrate towns and villages. If you see one do not listen to them. Nothing good but fish comes out of this sea and they aren't fish."

"Yeah, right, perhaps you have read too many Grognak comics."

"Your funeral kid." He said shrugging, his old bones cracking with each movement.

"And the Ghoul Whales, are they real too?"

"Eh, I'm with you on that one. Some people have mentioned seeing them, even in places as far the Commonwealth. Never seen one meself."

"Well, thanks for letting me know in the friendly marine fauna of Hawaii. Now that I'm in a ship I feel way way safer." You say with as much friendly sarcasm as you can.

"That's the spirit kid!"

"Well, if I don't remove this collar I will truly become a spirit. Is there anything you can do about it?"

He laughed and then cleaned a tear from his eyes.

"No."
>>
>>3572885
>>
>>3573039
"Nothing at all?"

"Look kid. We don't know the yield of that thing. None of my crew dared to take it off from you and I'm brave, but not stupid. We have turned off most of the ship's electronics to avoid any signal interference or whatever that might make it go boom. If it explodes and damages our hull this old girl will go down and drag us with herself. And as you now know there are many nasty things under the waters."

"So... my only option is to continue with my life and pray for this shit to never explode?"

"You could do that, or...you could work for me for a week and get enough caps to travel to Lana’i and have some Son of Kanaloa gearhead look it up for you."

"The what now?" You answered nervously, the salt from the collar turning your neck skin sore and red and making you panic even more.

"They are the biggest mercantile group in Hawaii. They own the entire island and use its volcano to power their forges and factories. They make everything, everything! From knives to airplanes. Hell I have a contract with them that forces me to give them 60% of what I earn in exchange of being able to use their dry docks and refuelling stations."

"Kinda sound like some caravan groups that I've worked with."

"No kid, you don't truly understand the scale of it. You were going to be a slave for them. They have to import slaves!! They worship money and sell to anybody willing to pay, even raiders or Super-Mutants. They make more than 90% of the tech that can be found in the Hawaiian wastes and they keep the best for themselves. They have an army of soldiers and prospectors that scourge the pre-war ruins in the search of anything useful."

"And you think they would help me? Why?"
>>
>>3573044

"Well, they are weird in that sense. To them a person is a being or a good depending on the situation. You were going to be sold and whoever captured you surely had a contract or whatever. But now that contract is in the bottom of the ocean and is thus void. They are so square minded and profit driven that they might release you in exchange of some caps."

"Guess it's worth a shot."

"It's true man."

You smiled at him and started drinking the soup, feeling much better afterwards.

"Oh by the way, the net caught several things from the plane. Most are in a pretty bad condition but you can get some."

>Choose one for each:
Weapons:
>A scratched and chipped knife (Strength)
1d4 Damage

>A set of bone made knuckles (Strength)
1d6 Damage

>A salt encrusted Laser Pistol (Perception)
1d4 Damage

>A rusty revolver (Perception)
1d6 Damage

Outfit:
>Oil Stained Utility Coveralls
Light Armor, 2 Damage Resistance, +2 Repair.

>Bullet hole covered Leather Armor
Light armor, 4 Damage Resistance

>Padded army clothes
Light Armor, 3 Damage Resistance, +1 to Guns and Survival

Accessory:
>Homemade Gas Mask:
+2 Radiation Resistance

>Engraved Lighter:
Gives a small light source and allows you to light dynamite or cigars.

>Half melted Geiger Counter:
Emits an acoustic alarm in proximity of radioactive areas.

>Game console:
A portable Rob-Co FunBoy 2000. It can play holotape games. It will entertain you from time to time and allow you to regain a small amount of sanity. Comes with Atomic Command included.
>>
>>3573046
>Weapons:
>A salt encrusted Laser Pistol (Perception)
>1d4 Damage

Outfit:
>Padded army clothes
Light Armor, 3 Damage Resistance, +1 to Guns and Survival

Accessory:
>Half melted Geiger Counter:
Emits an acoustic alarm in proximity of radioactive areas.
>>
>>3573001
It was a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2VxO30ydU
>>
>>3573051
+1 to that bby. Considering our op int, we can customize that bad boy
>>3573066
Yeah I’m still scared tho.
>>
>>3573046
>laser pistol
>army clothes
>Geigar counter
>>
>>3573046
>A rusty revolver (Perception)
>Padded army clothes
>Half melted Geiger Counter
>>
Sorry guys. I was planning to reply but I am pretty tired and I will end this for today. We will go with the pew pew gun, the padded army clothes and the geyger counter.

More lore and action tomorrow!

>Like yesterday I might find some free time to answer questions or whatever so feel free to ask stuff, suggest ideas or criticise what I write
>Thanks for participating and see you in about 10 hours!
>>
How will leveling up work? Will it be the usual fallout 0-100 stats, or the fallout 4 style?
>>
File: FalloutSystem.pdf (3.33 MB, PDF)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PDF
>>3573272
I was planning on using this system. It will have some features like karma tokens and archetypes removed thought.
>>
File: Tribal PA.jpg (471 KB, 1280x1269)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
I'm back! Here's some music to get you all in the mood:
https://youtu.be/a9nU_v0_vdI?list=PLx1_zV97wi1ZmAifIz6ImvzA6TNwHbOK3

Here's our character:

>Name:
Dillinger Rast

>Gender:
Male

>Age:
Young-ish?

>Level:

>SPECIAL
S-3
P-6
E-3
C-4
I-10
A-6
L-1

>Inventory:
- A salt encrusted Laser Pistol
1d4 Damage.

-Padded army clothes:
Light Armor, 3 Dam resistance. +1 to Guns and Survival

-Half Melted Geiger Counter:
Will work and warn you of radioactivity but don't expect it to fetch a good price in the markets. It seems to have melted due to extreme radioactivity.

>Skills:
Athletics (STR): 3
Barter (CHA): 4
Energy Weapons (PER): 6
Explosives (PER): 6
Guns (PRR): 6+1
Investigation (PER): 6
Lockpick (PER): 6
Medicine (INT): 10
Melee (STR): 3
Pilot (AGL): 6
Repair (INT): 10
Science (INT): 10
Sneak (AGL): 6
Speech (CHA): 4
Survival (END): 3+1
Unarmed (STR): 3

Since we have 10 INT we can distribute another 10 skill points. We also have 3 Tag Skills to choose. Tagged Skills automatically gain 3 points.

>Distribute the points and choose the 3 tagged skills.
>If you have any cool picture for Dillinger you can also upload it and if people like it we will use it for his appearance.
>>
>>3574251
>Energy Weapons +10 & Tag
>Barter Tag
>Speech Tag
>>
>>3574251
Tag energy weapons, speech, and barter
( Max charisma cause speech 100=op)
+3 to speech, +1 to energy weapons, +4 to sneak, and dump rest to guns

Which would make...
Speech:10
Energy:10
Sneak:10
Barter:7
Gun:8+1

Good start. I think. But I’m sure someone else probably has a better idea than me
>>
File: Sheet Base.jpg (625 KB, 595x842)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Alright! Sorry for taking so long! Photoshop requires time.

Here's our Character Sheet!

Also, since there are only two options I will let luck decide which one we will go with.

>>3574257

>>3574259
>>
Updated Character Sheet

>Name:
Dillinger Rast

>Gender:
Male

>Age:
Young-ish?

>Level:

>SPECIAL
S-3
P-6
E-3
C-4
I-10
A-6
L-1

>Inventory:
- A salt encrusted Laser Pistol
1d4 Damage.

-Padded army clothes:
Light Armor, 3 Dam resistance. +1 to Guns and Survival

-Half Melted Geiger Counter:
Will work and warn you of radioactivity but don't expect it to fetch a good price in the markets. It seems to have melted due to extreme radioactivity.

>Skills:
Athletics (STR): 3
Barter (CHA): 4+3=7
Energy Weapons (PER): 6+3+1=10
Explosives (PER): 6
Guns (PRR): 6+1+2 =8
Investigation (PER): 6
Lockpick (PER): 6
Medicine (INT): 10
Melee (STR): 3
Pilot (AGL): 6
Repair (INT): 10
Sneak (AGL): 6+4=10
Speech (CHA): 4+3+3=10
Survival (END): 3+1=4
Unarmed (STR): 3
>>
>>3574289
Nice
>>
>>3573046
You rummage across the bag of junk that the fishermen had managed to gather from the crash site. Most of the items are too damaged or rusted to be of any real use and sadly, no matter how hard you search, you don't find any of your old belongings and decide to keep instead an old salt covered Laser Pistol, some old army clothes with their camouflage pattern mostly faded out and the areas round the shoulders, knees and shins filled with sturdy padding and a half melted yet surprisingly durable Geiger Counter.

"Nice choices." Saltgut added as he then looked around in the search of anything of use. He grabbed some wet cloth rags and some loose bolts and screws and then left the bag away.

"We find all kind of junk in the sea. Sometimes floating like with you, in other occasions in the stomachs of the fish we catch. Then at the end of the shift we gather, pool all together and decide what we keep and what we throw, we can't take everything we find, this old lady is strong but not that strong you know what I mean?"

You nodded and attempted to stand up, perhaps it was time to meet the rest of the crew after all.

"Wow, hold up buckaroo. Are you sure you are fine to walk and move? You just woke up from a crash landing."

Your body was still sore and your muscles were painfully strained with every movement but still, you could move and to be honest, you had been tied and bound, then forced to drag a barrel and then bedridden. You were really aching to move and stretch your legs.

"Yeah, a walk will do me good. Fresh air has never killed anyone."

"Let's hope you are right!" He answered with a smile all the while lending you a hand.

The ship you were in was old, even by Pre-War standards. It was a fishing tugboat, bigger inside than most people believed and sturdy as hell, it had survived the Great War and two centuries of use after all. Most of the walls had their original paint chipped away and some areas had been patched with junk metal and wood boards. Above most ceilings hanged several pipes, most of them leaking water and fixed with cloth or duct tape. The entire area had been decorated with posters, paintings, flags, colorful lights or even sea shells, it helped turning an otherwise depressing and bleak looking ship into something homely and cozy.
>>
>>3574298

"It's going to be night soon. I think I will head to bed now. Today we aren't going to expect any storms so the rest of the guys are on the deck relaxing or working on their own stuff. There's always something to do around here and a helping hand is always welcome."

>Repay your debt in meat. Grab a fishing rod and catch something tasty. Today's dinner is on you. (Athletics Skill Test)
>Go and check if there's anything that might require maintenance or repairs. (Repair Skill Test)
>Due to your explosive collar the captain had to shut down most of the electronic navigation systems. Go and check the maps and the stars and see if the ship is in the correct route. (Pilot Skill Test)
>Go out and make some friends, exchange stories with the others and have a jolly good time. (Speech Skill Test)
>>
>>3574299
>see if they need any repairs
>>
>>3574299
>Go and check if there's anything that might require maintenance or repairs. (Repair Skill Test)
>>
>>3574299
>>
Rolled 10 + 5 (1d12 + 5)

>>3574299

Not long after leaving your room you found a small girl hammering a Nuka Cola vending machine, several bolts held in her lips and a flame spewing blowtorch at the ready next to her. The tinkerer was short and fit, she was covered in soot, grime, oil and a fine layer of sweat drops that stained her way too big coveralls and the many exposed areas of tanned skin that the outfit didn't cover. She smelled like cheap diesel and seemed to be frustrated at whatever mechanical problem she was dealing with.

"Hey there." You introduced yourself. "Mind if I lend a hand?"

"Uh? Yeah sure. But good luck thought with this piece of crap. The engine is in working condition and it makes one helluva noise, damn thing keeps me awake but the thing is that it doesn't cools food or drinks, so, its useless really. If I don't repair this by today we will have to throw away some of our supplies."

She was younger than you, about twelve years old. The girl had polynesian features on her face and despite being very tanned two worrisome dark bags rested under her face, making her look extremely sleep deprived.

You looked around and started checking on the different parts and pieces. Many were not original and others had been substituted or repaired with whatever was at hand at the time. It wasn't surprising that it didn't worked. Luckily you were pretty handy knew how to make the most of what you had at your disposal.

>This is a Normal Skill Test. It will have a +5 modifier.
>Roll a 1d12 and add the +10 of our Repair Skill.
>If your roll is higher than mine then it will be considered successful.
>Rolling a 12 is an automatic success. Rolling a 1 is a critical failure.
>If you beat my roll by 5 or more, you gain an additional benefit.
>>
Rolled 12 + 10 (1d12 + 10)

>>3574347
>>
>>3574350
Well fuck it, no more rolls. We are done here.
>>
File: AnimeGirlHappy1.gif (766 KB, 600x600)
766 KB
766 KB GIF
>>3574350
>>
>>3574350
Nice rolls!
>>3574283
How' did you make that character template? It looks rad!
>>
>>3574347
>Critical success.

You get to work and start pulling cables, exchanging up melted fuses and adding a healthy dose of duct tape into the tubes. Sparks fly, the ball hammer smashes and the whistling noise of the blowtorch gathers the people's attention.

Soon a few crewmen, including Saltgut the captain, started surrounding you and looking with a mixture of fear and curiosity. All except the tinkerer girl kept a safe distance, she was so close to you that you could even feel her excited breathing as you worked and did your magic.

If her story was true then the fridge kept her awake at night, both because of how noisy it was but also because she was under an incredible pressure to fix it to avoid having to throw several pounds of fish overboard.

"H-hey kid, we still haven't thrown out the junk we found today, would looking into it help you." Added Saltgut.

You were so focused that it took you a couple of seconds to understand and process what he said.

"Oh..oh! Yeah sure!"

You looked in the bag and what before seemed like a pile of trash now felt like best thing that happened to you. From the bag you grabbed a Wattz Electronics Fission battery that still seemed in a working condition and a couple of unused cryo cells filled with liquid nitrogen. Soon, a torrent of ideas and theories started coming to you, if this worked out then you wouldn't only fix the fridge, but overcharge it.

A small hand cleaning the sweat from your brow brought you back to reality. It was the small girl, who now looked at you with admiration and excitation. You smiled at her and gave her the different pieces and tools, asking for them when they were needed and even asking for her help to weld, bolt or install when it was necessary.

When you were done she was overjoyed and softly hopping and tapping her feet.

"Ready?"

You said grabbing her work calloused hand and guiding it towards the activation switch.

"R-ready!" She answered kind of flustered.

With a simple movement the thing not only came back to life but also became surprisingly quiet and spread cold air around it, acting like an air conditioner of some sorts. It was a winning situation in all possible aspects.

> 400 Experience gained.
> 400/1000 required to level up.
>>
>>3574383
Afterwards came several cheers and pats both for you and the girl. The others quickly started to move their stale beers, drinks and freshest foods towards the fridge.

"Cold and with food nearby. Well, seems like this will become the new hanging spot." Said the captain as he contributed with some stout ale of his own. "I'm proud of you kid!"

An odd looking guy then moved a chair around and sit on it with a guitar on his lap. The others cheered at him too and started gathering.

"Welcome to our small group of misfish. We are misfits that fish for a living... well the name is still being worked on. I'm Seabreeze, that little oilstained runt is Kahuna, you've already meet Saltgut. The others are Rickard, Shang and Aurore."

The different guys and girls saluted you, each in its own way. They all had very different looks and each was unique in its own way.

"Nice to meet you all!" You said feeling welcome and safe for the first time in months.

>Get on a drinking and arm wrestling competition with them.
>Exchange stories, listen to them and get to know them better.
>Eat dinner with them and then call it for a day.
>You are too hyped, ask if there is anything else to repair.
>Other option, write in.
>>
>>3574382
Photoshop and a gorillion layers.
>>
>>3574384
This is looking like a pretty fun quest
>>
>>3574384
Since we have speech 10 this should be easy.
>>
Well, if we are going to exchange stories then we might as well add some more background to our dear Dillinger. He's an outsider, but where from exactly? The Mojave? NCR? Commonwealth? Capital Wasteland? Do you want me to keep it ambiguous or to add references to past games?
>>
>>3574384
>>
That INT 10 really did pay itself off in the skills selection.
>>
>>3574399
What if Dillinger was part of the Brotherhood of Steel and was one of their best mechanics, but had to flee because he learned something he wasn't suppose to and got caught by while on the run?
>>
>>3574399
How about The Pitt, or being from the Midwestern Brotherhood?
>>
>>3574406
>>3574410
The Brotherhood of Steel will appear in the future. Unlike in other games they will be relatively new to Hawaii and a minor faction thought.

We might be able to become a member at some point or perhaps have belonged to some chapter in the past and know how they work and operate. If your discharge was disgraceful we might gain re-entry by doing some dangerous quest for them.

I'm going to warn you that we might also become Ghouls, Psykers or Mutants if we become too irradiated. And if that happens we will be kicked immediately.
>>
File: Hawaii Chapter BoS.png (80 KB, 854x1024)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>3574425
Forgot to add the BoS Hawaiian Chapter logo.
>>
>>3574427
Your graphical skills don't cease to amaze me.
>>
>>3574384

Soon several pillows and carpets were gathered and a small circle was made. In the centre of it a bong and countless of drinks, chems and snacks were brought. Soon enough everybody was sitting in there, smoking god knows what kind of mutated seaweed, munching two centuries old food and laughing.

Seabreeze played the guitar and helped to create a fun and awesome ambience. At some point, you realised that your body didn't hurt anymore, and you were having so much fun that you didn't even noticed when this happened. He was a psyker, someone who mutated and gained strange powers, but also an strange appearance. His skin was covered in freckles but they were bioluminiscent and his long curly hair was of a blond-greenish hue. Without even giving it much importance he told you about how psykers are more common in Hawaii than in other parts of the USA and then started spouting some pre-war conspiracies about the project MK-Ultra or something of the like. He was a pretty laid back guy and always relaxed and easy going. He worked as the ship's chef but also helped fishing and doing chores here and there.

Kahuna was the girl of two factory workers from the Sons of Kanaloa. Her parents had several debts and they were forced to sell her into slavery to pay. The details get muddy afterwards, literally, Saltgut found her parents covered in blood and mud and drifting away in a small boat with their newborn baby in their arms and a small note explaining everything. Saltgut adopted her and never hid the truth from her. Still, she kinda considers the old Ghoul to be his father and the rest as family members.

Rickard had been a kid bullied into joining a raider gang because of his big size and strength. After his first kill he regretted it and decided to kill the other raiders and give the all his caps to the widow of the man he killed. Afterwards he ran away and was taken under Saltgut's care to work as a fisherman and general soldier. He has killed people afterwards, both with weapons and with his fists but everyone who have suffered his rage were completely deserving.

Shang's a quiet person. Speaks and understands english but prefers mandarin for virtually everything, from music to books. He's saving money and hopes to be able to buy a ship of his own one day, a ship sturdy and powerful enough to reach China where he plans to deliver the ashes of his parents. His skill with the blade is hard to match and he is the one who chops and fillets the captured fish to be later stored and sold.
>>
>>3574480

Aurore was a Miss Nanny robot, she had been bought by Saltgut to keep an eye, or in her case three, and take care of Kahuna while he steered the ship or dealt with merchants. She had several finger paintings on her chassis, things that the little girl had painted over the years. It was quite endearing to see. She acted like the mother of the group and scolded them all if they misbehaved, not even the captain was exempt from her behaviour rules. She also acted like the ship's nurse and from time to time helped Shang cutting fish or Seabreeze cooking with her in built flamethrower.

"Alright alright, what if I tell you all the story of the protein bars?" Said Saltgut.

"What, no way, you have told that one a million times and its disgusting as hell!" Replied Kahuna

"That's the fun of it!" Yelled back Seabreeze.

"Well. We have a newcomer here that hasn't heard it. Would you like to Mister Rast?"

>Tell a story of your own.
>Let the Captain tell his story.
>Ask to hear something else.
>Other option: Write in.
>>
>>3574482
>>
>>3574482
>>
>>3574482
Know what changing vote to
I’m curious
>>
>>3574482
>Let the Cap tell the story, and offer one of our own.
Hey QM, are the Followers of the Apocalypse in your plans? Loved the faction in NV, but they failed to do anything deserving with them.
(I'd like Dillinger to be one of them, but I suppose the BoS backstory makes sense enough, though I do not like them.)
>>
>>3574496
>Hey QM, are the Followers of the Apocalypse in your plans?
No sorry. If I remember correctly they were kinda poor so I doubt they could make it all the way to Hawaii.

Only two factions from the american mainland will appear: The BoS and the Enclave. And both will be kinda smallish here.

There are going to be 3 big factions and of these so far only the Sons of Kanaloa have been mentioned.
>>
Sorry guys. Something came up. Writing now.
>>
>>3574503
Hey QM, I was wondering why you're wording everything in the past tense. Is this because Dillinger is recalling this from memory? Or is it just the way you want to word the quest? I say this because it felt weird to me for the quest decisions to have different conjugations from the results.
>>
>>3574568
Problem is. English is my third language. I know how to write and how to avoid typos, but I sometimes write in past tense and I don't even notice it. Sorry, I will try to put it all in present tense.
>>
>>3574570
Now that I think about it I think I will stick to past tense. It feels more natural to me. Sorry if you guys were confused because of that.
>>
>>3574570
No worries, im not a native english speaker either. I know how it feels to write a sentence in english, check for errors and then post it only to notice all mistakes afterwards.
>>3574583
Does it? Well the decision is ultimately up to you, though I still would prefer it if you didn't because it can be quite confusing.
>>
>>3574588
>>3574588
You are right, I started the story in present tense, I should stick to present tense.
>>
>>3574482
>>3574482

"A story for a story, its only fair. Tell me about the protein bars and I'll tell you how I killed a Mole Rat matriarch with nothing but a lighter."

The people around seem interested and agree. Saltgut cracks his knuckles and neck and then smiles at the group.

"Well well well, this story happened many moons ago. When the radiation had barely dissipated and humans born before the Great War still roamed the islands."

"So, about a gazillion years ago?" Kahuna jokingly adds.

"Little lady! You know very well that your father is not that old! He's only 273 years old!" Replied the Miss Nanny.

"Anyway, this is the story of how I managed to earn Rustbucket, this ship! Before I became a sea captain I was a prospector, I searched pre-war ruins for anything valuable. It was a good job, not a very rewarding one but at least you didn't responded to anybody and the work hours were flexible. So... I don't remember in what city or island this happened but the fact is that I found an old factory. It was untouched by the hand of man but nature had reclaimed it. I cut my way open to the interior and found an empty place full of boxes, machinery and a sweet taste in the air. It was a candy bar factory!"

"Candy!" screams Rickard.

"The place had been collecting dust for decades. it was filled with sugar and other ingredients and the machines seemed to still be in a working condition. I busted my ass to power them and then after punching the keyboard of a terminal I somehow managed my way into the system."

He smiles nostalgically.

"I was ecstatic. To me that had been the discovery of the century! I could make candy and sell it to nearby settlements and gain caps! The place was filled with enough ingredients to have lasted for a decade!"

"Here comes the good part." Adds Seabreeze.

"Well, the place was damp, cold, dark and filled with sugar. It was the biggest Radroach nest that I've ever seen and I didn't even knew it. Most of the bugs were in the lower levels attempting to breach into the sealed containers to gorge on sugar. When I activated the machines a series of pulleys, transportation lines and mechanical arms started grabbing these boxes and dumping their loads into a gigantic machine. I was crying from happiness as I saw the first chocolate and toffee bars come out. But then... the bugs came from below.... thousands and thousands of radroaches, some brown like a turd, others glowing green from radiation. And what did they do, well, what their little brains asked them to do, go into the sugar, and were did the sugar go? Into the machine, so, the bugs started flooding the machine! I mean...you just had to see it. Cockroach comes in and candy comes out, you cant explain that!"

"You can't turn a bug into candy!" You add kind of tipsy.

"Exactly! These bars looked delicious but they were filled with roach guts!"
>>
>>3574621
The entire group laughed at his misery, he was the one who was laughing the most.

"And I couldn't stop the machines because if I did then the fucking bugs would have attacked me!"

"So...how is that related to this ship?"

"Oh, oh yeah. So the Sons of Kanaloa were still a small group by that time. They had only a small fleet of ships and were looking for factories to reactivate or strip apart. When they found me they were flabbergasted but...managed to think of a way of taking advantage of the situation. The bars weren't all that bad tasting and were surprisingly filling and devoid of radiation, so...they decided to sell these as travelling rations for caravans and cheap food for the poor folk and ended giving me a ship in exchange of keeping quiet."

"Which you didn't. You must have told this story a thousand times." Quietly added Shang.

"True true. But who cares. They still make these protein bars and it's what they use to feed their slaves. Even if the truth came to light nobody would do anything, the Sons are too powerful now... I should have asked for a better ship."

"Well, thanks for the story, if I ever see one I wont eat it." You add.

"Tell us your story!" Screams a drunk and high Kahuna.

"Well, this happened in the Salt Lake area. I had been contracted to end a mole rat nest that was messing with travellers and crops. The rats were also building tunnels and the locals were worried about them creating sinkholes or tremors. So me and other guys went into the cave armed with all kind of weapons, one loony even brought C4 in case we needed to create an exit. So I don't remember the names or faces of the others and it was all very confusing, I remember thinking to myself "Did I drink or smoke something weird?" But...no. I was sober, but not healthy. The place was a labyrinth that connected some natural caves with a system of sewers and maintenance tunnels and worst of all was that unknowingly to us the entire area was flooded with flammable and toxic gases. So each one of us ended getting poisoned and lost in there. By the time my head cleared I suddenly noticed that I was alone. From time to time I could hear gunshots and explosions, the molerats were too low to the ground to be affected by the gas and now that we were separated they were finishing us one by one. I ran and somehow ended inside a giant rocky chamber where a gigant mole rat rested, it was as big as city liner and the fucker seemed to be high as a kite from the gases, but was also big and strong enough to be unaffected by the harmful effects of the gas. So...."
>>
>>3574625

"So...?" Adds Saltgut, completely immersed in your story.

"I threw my ligther into the thing's face and it started to burn and burn. It's children came to her aid but all they managed to do was catch in flames too and they started to panic and run away, spreading the fires to gas filled tunnels. I ran and ran and somehow found a tunnel that lead into the exterior. I wasn't the only one who survived and the fires didn't ended reaching the town. The mountain thought... well it started to burn from its insides, several cracks opened on its walls and from these heat and light. It was...weird yet beautiful. It became a local attraction and as far as I know the fires keep going on. The place is now known as the Glowrock."

"Noice." Whispers a high Seabreeze.

Afterwards the rest and you continued exchanging stories, they were most interested in your tales as they didn't know much of the american mainland. At some point, you fall asleep, you don't know when, it doesn't matters.

>Do a timeskip and be dropped in Lana'i
>Continue in the boat for a little bit longer, see where else you might be useful.
>Try to get frisky with Aurore, you have heard of a Sexbot in Vegas, perhaps this one might be also capable of doing nasty robosex.
>>
>>3574628
>Continue in the boat for a little bit longer, see where else you might be useful.

Need parts for rocket powerd surf board
>>
>>3574628

These people seem nice, might as well stay a little longer
>>
>>3574628
>>
>>3574628
>>
“Try to get frisky with Aurore, you have heard of a Sexbot in Vegas, perhaps this one might be also capable of doing nasty robosex.”

Why.

>also that’s not my choice for obvious reasons
It’s continuing to stay in the boat
>>
>>3574628
>>Continue in the boat for a little bit longer, see where else you might be useful.
>>
Rolled 12 + 10 (1d12 + 10)

>>3574628

You wake up naked, except your explosive collar of course. Somehow you ended in the crow's nest and now you are cold as heck. You don't know how you came to be in this place, the stairs to go up rusted away a long time ago. You look around and see Saltgut pissing from the deck.

"Morning Dillinger!" He screams after turning around and seeing you question what the hell happened yesterday.

"How do I get down?" You scream back.

"Carefully of course!" He replies while guffawing.

You roll your eyes and shiver. The sun has barely started scratching the edge of the horizon and a thick fog is surrounding the ship.

"We are sailing blind! Can you see any coastline or obstacle around us?"

>"Give me my clothes and some scope or anything, its cold here!" (Speech skill test)
>"Alright, I'll look around boss." (Investigation skill test)
>"I doubt my collar will interfere with the sonar and the sensors, bring me a rope and I will turn them back on for you. (Science skill test)
>Get down with a jump. "We are probably fine." (Athletics skill test)

>All will be Hard skill tests and will have a +10 dice modifier for my dice roll.
>>
Sorry for the short reply, I'm cooking dinner in the meantime and I have to keep and eye on this.
>>
>>3574700
>"Alright, I'll look around boss." (Investigation skill test)
>>
>>3574700
>"Give me my clothes and some scope or anything, its cold here!" (Speech skill test)
then
>"I doubt my collar will interfere with the sonar and the sensors, bring me a rope and I will turn them back on for you. (Science skill test)

I don't see why we can't do both
>>
>>3574700
>>
>>3574713
>>3574716
Don't forget. You have to roll a 1d12 for each option that you vote.
>>
>>3574725
I know, that's why I picked those options

Speech (CHA): 4+3+3=10

Making use of Dilinger's big brain is the best course of action.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d12)

>>3574725
>>
Rolled 6, 11 = 17 (2d12)

Oh yeah, forgot about rolling. Come on dice gods.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d12)

>>3574700
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>3574725
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 7 + 10 = 28 (3d12 + 10)

Rolling additional dice for >>3574716 and>>3574742
>>
>>3574763
I did roll >>3574740 just forgot to put it in the same post
>>
>>3574768
You are right, your dice roll was higher so I will use that one.
>>
>>3574700
>"Alright, I'll look around boss."
Player rolled 6+6=12.
QM rolled 12+10= 22.
Failed skill. No exp gained.

You look around and see nothing but fog and from time to time some waves crashing against the ship and spirals of wind that twist the white blanketing mists.

"The fog is too thick!"

Saltgut nods and continues looking around, worried about hitting something or someone.

>"Give me my clothes and some scope or anything, its cold here!"
Player rolled 6+10=16.
QM rolled 6+10= 16.
Success. 100 exp gained.

"Alright, but you should know that cold is good for your skin."

The man goes back and returns after a while with your clothes, they have been just ironed so they are all warm. Putting them on feels glorious. He also returns with an old spyglass but its useless, nothing but fog as far as the eye can see.

>"I doubt my collar will interfere with the sonar and the sensors, bring me a rope and I will turn them back on for you.
Player rolled 11+10=21.
QM rolled 5+10= 15.
Critical success. 200 exp gained.

"Yeah, I trust you kid. After what happened yesterday with the freezer I believe whatever you say when it comes to tech."

He handles you an old rope and helps you go down. Then, searches for his personal key and guides you towards the captain's cabin, the small room where he lives and from where he steers this behemoth of a ship. The place is decorated with several old photos, mementos from his past adventures and he even has a projector playing old movies, the movies are not professional...they are videos that he recorded from his life before the Great War, the place feels like a museum dedicated to nostalgia. He seemed to have been very much in love with a woman and even have fathered some children. Poor man.

> 300 exp gained.
>Total exp 700/1000.

>Try to investigate more about his past, make him open more about himself. (Very hard +15 Speech Skill test)
>Focus on the sensors and other navigational machinery, see if you can not only reactivate it but also repair or improve it. (Hard +10 repair Skill Test)
>Do what you came for. Reactivate the navigational array. (Normal +5 repair Skill Test)
>>
>>3574791
>Do what you came for. Reactivate the navigational array. (Normal +5 repair Skill Test)
>>
>>3574791
>Focus on the sensors and other navigational machinery, see if you can not only reactivate it but also repair or improve it. (Hard +10 repair Skill Test)
>>
Rolled 4 + 10 (1d12 + 10)

>>3574791
also
>Look around for any useful trash maybe a spare bobbypin or two. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
^would this be an investigation roll?^
>>
>>3574791
>>Do what you came for. Reactivate the navigational array. (Normal +5 repair Skill Test)
>>
Rolled 12 (1d12)

>>3574814
>>
>>3574791
Guys we gotta break that tie between simply reactivating and tinkering to see if it can be improved. Tinkering will give more exp because its harder, but it will also have more risks. If it isn't broken in the next 10 minutes I'll do a dice roll.

>Look around for any useful trash maybe a spare bobbypin or two. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Yeah, it will count as an investigation skill roll. We will do it ^^
>>
>>3574815
Forgot to roll.
>>
>>3574858
>>
Could someone roll for me?
>>
>>3574858
>>3574862
>>3574864

"'dice+2d6' without the quotes in the options bar rolls 2d6."

In this case it would be dice+1d12
>>
>>3574864
You can do it buddy!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>
>>3574864
I believe in you!
>>
>>3574880
Yay!!!!
>>
File: curuminhapproved.png (222 KB, 1280x720)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>3574880
Gud Jobu!
>>
File: fallout_thumbs_up.jpg (109 KB, 950x557)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>3574880
Gud werk!
>>
>>3574857
>>3574892
Alright enough with the celebrations. Where's the tiebreaker dice roll OP?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>3574857

>>
Rolled 8 (1d12)

Rolling to see how do you guys do.

Both dice rolls have been a 4 so it will be: 4+10=14

Unless I get a 5 or more you guys will succeed.
>>
>>3574904
Damm you Dice Gods!
>>
>tinker with thing. We can do it!
>>
Yeah, you guys are screwed. Forgot to add the roll for the investigation skill test, it will be an easy skill test because the Captain's room is filled with junk so finding something useful won't be a problem, there won't be any modifiers.

OP rolled a 10 and we have 6 in the Investigation skill, making a total of 16. Since it is impossible for me to get more than 16 it is considered an automatic success. No need to roll.
>>
>>3574913
Can we do a Call of Cthulu and push our dice roll?
>>
>>3574791
>Automatic success

The place is a mess, but a lovely mess at that. You look around and quickly find a few bobby pins and some junk items you might play or work with.

"Can I grab these?" You politely ask.

"Oh yeah, worry not. I meant to throw these anyway."

"Thanks!" You reply as you keep these in your pockets.

Player rolled 4+10=14.
QM rolled 8+10= 18.
Failure.

You are happy, you are excited. You came to Hawaii in the search of new adventures, this place was supposed to be paradise before the war and perhaps it was the closest thing to it after the bombs. Despite your rough arrival you now had found a tight knit group of nice people that well, could even be considered as friends. Helping them repair the freezer was what made you popular in the area, perhaps you could now gain the Captain's favor and trust by improving his navigational array.

Once more you got to work and started pulling away useless or burned out pieces, rerouting systems and jury rigging decrepit circuits with grace. Sadly, there was something very wrong in that system... Your geiger counter started to beep uncontrollably as soon as you opened a lower hatch. The whole thing was powered for centuries with a Nuclear Power Core and despite it still having enough charge the years of rust and salt drenched air had corroded its exterior coating, leaving the nuclear core dangerously exposed. It had been a miracle that it didn't exploded... turning it back on would send an energetic spike that the battery wouldn't be able to endure. Unless...

>Use some of the items that you found in the Captain's cabin. (+5 to repair)
Player rolled 4+10+5=19.
QM rolled 8+10= 18.
Success.
>500 exp Earned!
>Level up!
>1200/3000 to next level.

This is going to be by far your most dangerous repair, not only because you will have to work next to a nuclear core but also, because it won't be you the one who does it.

"Captain, bad news, the ships powered by a nuclear battery and it has been damaged. It leaks radiation. You are immune to it, I need you to do it following my instructions..."

"I...I..." He stutters. "I'm too old for this crap...What do I have to do?"
>>
>>3574939
Whooops, I messed up the use of codes back there. Anyway, I'll stop for today. Thanks for playing!

>Like yesterday I might find some free time to answer questions or whatever so feel free to ask stuff, suggest ideas or criticise what I write
>Thanks for participating and see you in about 10 hours!
>>
>>3574828
Why this chap role was not counted?
>>
>>3574942
Because of this >>3574898
Coin flip said to try for upgrade
>>
>>3574942
Because the tie break decided that we would do the other option
>>
>>3574941
Thanks for hosting OP
As for questions, I already made one >>3574918
Though I will also ask one more.
How much prepwork did you put into this quest beforehand? i.e. maps, plotlines, locations, npcs...
>>
>>3574941
Next time you're on will we be deciding where our new skill points go to or will have to wait until another level?

I've said it many times, you're very good at graphics. Is it a hobby or part of your job? How did you learn it?
>>
>>3574941
Thanks for the session QM. How far ahead have you plotted for this quest?
>>
>>3574965
>Can we do a Call of Cthulu and push our dice roll?
No. But you can decide to change your armor and take chems or booze before rolling to gain stats and increase your chances. Sometimes like before might be merciful and add a +5 like now.

>How much prepwork did you put into this quest beforehand? i.e. maps, plotlines, locations, npcs...
I have been working on Nukaloha for more than a year. This started as a project for a roleplaying forum but we couldnt find a suitable system and It was slowly abandoned. You can check It out here: http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com/

I have all the lore written. All of It. If its not on the website It is stored somewhere in my computer.

I recently found a cool dice system and decided to test It here on /qst/. So far so good!
>>
>>3574979
>Next time you're on will we be deciding where our new skill points go to or will have to wait until another level?
Next time we will start assigning where we put our skill points

>I've said it many times, you're very good at graphics. Is it a hobby or part of your job? How did you learn it?
I studied a little bit of graphic design and learned Image editing on my own but Im no proffesional or anything like that.
>>
>>3574999
>Thanks for the session QM. How far ahead have you plotted for this quest?
I have the lore all writen but the characters and plot lines are all improv. I dont know what will happen tomorrow, and that's how I like It.
>>
Well. I want to issue a correction. Flying to Hawaii, being blown out from the sky and being rescued by Saltgut happened in my old roleplaying forum. But pretty much everything else was improv
>>
>>3575064
Does that "everything else" include the polynesian loli, the robot mom, the psionic guitar player, the gentle musclehead and the silent chinaman?
>>
>>3575084
That was totally made on the fly. Hope you like them ^^
>>
>Voting
>Calling vote
>Rolling dice
Is patrician way to go about it.
>>
>>3575093
Polynesia loli is best daughterfu
>>
File: flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg (40 KB, 387x550)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3575097
Are you against democracy you commie?
>>
>>3575113
What I'm saying you should set DC and call for rolls after option is chosen
>>
>>3575093
I do indeed, hopefully when we eventually make some sort of settlement we will take the whole crew in

>>3575100
MAXIMUM HEADPATS ARE NECESSARY, ONLY COMMUNISTS DON'T HEADPAT LOLIS
>>
>>3575100
We must teach the way of the repair! And also keep her from being lewded.
>>
>>3575119
At some point we might be able to build settlements or have our own house.

Starting a business and having a steady supply of caps is another option. Kahuna admires us and might decide to leave the boat and join us if we give her a garage or somewhere mechanical to settle in. The rest are too loyal to Saltgut to leave the ship.

When we become more powerful and famous we might also create our own faction and start recruiting soldiers and workers.
>>
File: nice.jpg (10 KB, 294x273)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>3575154
We are the 150 IQ mainlander!
We will become the best dad the hawaiian wasteland has to offer!
>pic related

>>3575183
It makes sense for Seabreeze, Rickard and Aurore to be loyal to Saltgut but Shang? He seems to only care about going home so I don't see why he would stick with Saltgut if he saw that we may be of better help to him
>>
This is an awesome quest OP
>>
>>3575201
Shang has a good and honourable job cutting fish and learning here and there how to sail a boat. Unless you offer him something better he will stick with the Ghoul. Asking him to go with you on adventures will never convince him.

>>3575206
Thanks!
>>
>>3575119
>>3575154
The Hawaii wastes will know our name if harm is done to our daughterfu
>>
>>3575232
In my other main quest the MC also ended adopting a little girl.

It was Novice Heretek Quest and the girl was Lanky. I miss her =^=
>>
>>3575211
Of course he wouldn't go adventuring with us now. I was thinking in the context of when we make a settlement and get some tech and infrastructure, then we can convince him of the ways of science and repair.
>"You will need these skills if you wish to travel to China will you not? What will you do if your boat has a malfunction while you are sailing? For now you can come to my base and I will teach you on how to have a big brain, without resorting to unsavory means such as drugs or ,god forbid, the FEV... Anyway, in return for me teaching you, you will help me with your skills."
ofw
>>
>>3575258
I remember that quest, sucks that it ended up losing steam at the end, I had just finished catching up from the archives when you decided to end it.
>>
>>3575211
Im having some serious connection difficulties.
The gif I wanted to go with >>3575271 doesn't want to upload so have an image with the same sentiment instead.
>>
>>3575258
Holy shit I love that quest
>>
Good morning everyone! Glad you are enjoying the quest!!!

>>3575277
>>3576033
I used to love it too. But back then /qst/ did not exist, I was both working and studying and since I live in Europe I was several hours ahead than most Americans.

The result was that I came home at around 8pm tired and had to bust my ass on the quest and run It for several hours, sometimes past midnight, because in those late hours was when the player base was the most active.

/tg/ was way faster than /qst/ so threads could only run for a day, two at most. It was taking a toll on me.

Right now Im on summer vacation so I have plenty of free time and when I return to work I will still be able to post periodic updates to this quest because qst is a slow board. This quest wont lose steam and wont leave me burned out.
>>
Alright so we have levelled up!

That means that we gain 2 + half our intelligence, meaning that we get 7 whooping skill points every time we level up!

>Choose were to distribute these points.

Also, I forgot to add. Our HP is equal to five plus half our endurance and rounded up. So we start with 7HP.

I've been working on a Google Drive document to keep it all clean and nice, you can check it out here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17h2Zm77a7A6MuvcRf4QdBZ-agS7B90SsgInJJ-O9COA/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>3576434
>Repair +2
>Speech +2
>Energy Weapons +3
I thought this would be a good start
>>
>>3576434
No perks?
>>
>>3576441
Perks will come after distributing skill points. There are two categories of perks, standard and racial perks.

>Standard perks can be gained by anyone, regardless of your race, they are the most numerous and common type of perk and most have no requirements.

>Racial perks are perks that can only be acquired by members of a particular race, be it humans, psykers, robots, ghouls or Super-Mutants. These perks can be upgraded up to three times and are pretty OP but if our character for whatever reason mutates into something else then it will lose them.
>>
>>3576447
Interesting, how do you change your race
>>
>>3576455
Ghoul by Radiation, Super-Mutant by FEV, Psyker by experimental Pre-War chems, Robot by transferring your mind to a robotic body.

But once you stop being human, there's no going back.
>>
>>3576438
Support. Also voting against becoming non human.
>>
>>3576465
Ditto Humie fo life
>>
>>3576465
Alright, the skills have been updated in the Character sheet. Now let's go with the perks:

>Standard Perks:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17lByiQu0HWGGJrxEx-L1yL5pFQTAbE_abbrSClSn-Ps/edit?usp=sharing

>Racial Perks:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bDWe2DsgK5dr-WPCZx9wpKEAu7JyG-8biuiWqaOBrRM/edit?usp=sharing

Since there's a fuckload of perks I'll wait for a couple of hours to give you all enough time to read and think your choice, unless there's an agreement, if that happens I will go forward with it.
>>
I will change the way we calculate HP because I think its too low. I will use the Fallout 1 and 2 formula:

Hit Points = 15 + STR + (2x END)
HP = 15 + 3 +(2x3)
HP = 15+9
HP=24

And the HP gained with each level up will be: (END/2)+2

So (3/2)+2 = 4 if we round up.

24+4= 28

We now have 28HP
>>
Man, adrenaline rush seems amazing.
>>
Still not as useful as educated would be though.
>>
>>3576479
Educated
>>
>>3576479
Voting for educated.
I like comprehension too though.
>>
Educated It is then. The next time we level up we will have 10 skill points to distribute!!

I am doing some chores now but as soon as I come home I will start writing
>>
>>3574939
This is going to be by far your most dangerous repair, not only because you will have to work next to a nuclear core but also, because it won't be you the one who does it.

"Captain, bad news, the ships powered by a nuclear battery and it has been damaged. It leaks radiation. You are immune to it, I need you to do it following my instructions..."

"I...I..." He stutters. "I'm too old for this crap...What do I have to do?"

"Just follow my orders, do as I say and nothing bad will happen."

"Boy, if we don't manage to screw this up do me a favor and shut up will ya? This ship is on it's about to kick the bucket, I doubt it will be able to sail for more than a couple of years. Last thing I need is panicking the crew and seeing them abandon in the next shore leave."

It surprised you how much he was trusting you with this, you nodded and agreed.

"Help me fix this and I'll make it worth your time." He added afterwards, both scared and kind of desperate to maintain his beloved ship afloat.

"I will help you Saltgut. You saved my life, let me repay the favour."

He smiled at you with pride on his smirk. But that smile soon faded away, his hands were trembling hard.

"T-the arthritis..." He muttered, albeit you could see that his ailments were not the only things that were moving his hands, he was terrified too. "I have some chems and booze, they would calm me down!"

>Look at his stash and choose what things he should take. Calculate the perfect dosage to keep him calm but now drowsy.
Hard +10 Science skill test. If successful you will have a +10 in the dice rolls related to guiding him, if you fail he will have a -10 instead. If you get a critical fail something terrible might happen.
Since our Science skill is 10 you will have to roll the same number or higher than me.

>Reject his offer, guide his trembling hands and tell him how to repair the nuclear core. (Very Hard +15 Repair Skill test.)
Since our Repair skill is 12 you will have to roll 3 numbers higher than me.
>>
>>3576567
>Look at his stash and choose what things he should take. Calculate the perfect dosage to keep him calm but now drowsy.
>>
>>3576567
>>Look at his stash and choose what things he should take. Calculate the perfect dosage to keep him calm but not drowsy.

Dammit, I missed skills and perks!
>>
>>3576567
>>
Rolled 6 + 10 (1d12 + 10)

Alright, looking at his dosage it is. Roll the dices and I'll go with the highest number.
>>3576570
>>3576575
>>3576579
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>3576584
>>
Rolled 10 (1d12)

>>3576584
>>
Rolled 11 (1d12)

>>3576584
>>
>>3576588
Awesome! We will go with the rolled 11 because it is 5 five numbers higher than my rolled 6. So It is considered a huge success.
>>
>>3576592
Damn. I'm happy I rolled
>>
>>3576567
>Look at his stash and choose what things he should take. Calculate the perfect dosage to keep him calm but not drowsy.
QM rolled a 16
Players rolled a 11
Huge Success
> 300 exp gained
>1500/3000 Exp in total

You look around and find several chems, some of them rare and expensive. You don't know about a few of them but there are enough that you have heard about or tried on yourself.

You get a cup and start preparing the old Ghoul the best drug mixture of his entire life. You grabbed an Atomic Cocktail and poured inside some liquid Calmex mixed a few pulverised Day Tripper pills and got yourself a strange glowing liquid that for some odd reason vibrated and hummed softly.

Saltgut seems to be happy with the result and pours two drinks, one for himself and another for you.

"For the sea and what lies beyond!" He says drinking both glasses without even stopping to breathe.

You shrug and drink it too. The liquid was hard to swallow at first but when you were done you wanted more. You lick the glass and then throw it away when you couldn't get any more of that strange cocktail that you had. Now, everything looks funny and saturated, colours and lights were bright, sounds intensified and on the background you constantly hear your own beating heart. You feel as if everything moves in slow motion.

The drugs have made you lose some of your inhibitions and fears but you are still sober enough to control your actions and be able to think with rationality. Your senses are heightened and time seems to move faster. It is time to get to work.

Time shifts in a strange way when you are on drugs. In one instant you feel as if every second is an eternity, then you black out and according to the clocks several hours have passed. You woke up again, at least this time you weren't naked. The captain was close to you, sailing the Rustbucket and with a wide grin on his decrepit face.

"W-what happened?"

"It worked! We got high and that helped us get calm enough to finish the repairs. In fact it's even better than before! The sonar now detects fishes and other things faster and further! And the ship has stopped steering left, it has been doing that for about fifty years! I had even learned how to take it into account when travelling long distances!"

"Wow, nice. Too bad I cannot tell it to anybody I guess."

"Well, there's something else you can brag about."

"Which is?"
>>
>>3576631

"The drugs were way more intense for you than they were for me, it's a Ghoul thing, Jet barely does anything to me. Anyway. You were so passionate and well, tripping balls, that you ended grabbing one of my old surf boards and added an engine and who knows what else into it. You ran all across the ship like a madman screaming at people for pieces and breaking down anything that wasn't vital for the ship. Dude the others are a little bit scared of you now... but on the other side. You built a god damn rocket surfboard man. It's radical! You even gave it a name, the Nukaburst rocketboard!"

>Nukaburst rocketboard
>Seats: 1
>Health Slots: 3
>Damage Reduction: 0
>Weapon: None
>Ramming Damage: 1d6

Saltgut laughs his ass off and then throws a couple of black and white photos at you. They were off you two celebrating having fixed the navigational array and how you afterwards started taking more and acting like a madman, the pictures are weird, embarrassing and funny to look at.

"The fog is gone, Kahuna has been asking to see you ride that thing. I bet a hundred caps with Shang that it will explode at some point and cripple your legs."

>Rest and sleep. You are still tired and feel hungover as hell. Make this day end as soon as possible and avoid all the embarrassing looks from the rest of the crew.
>Take the rocket board for a spin, see if you should keep it, break it down back to its original pieces or sell it as soon as you find someone crazy enough to buy it,
>Stretch and go to eat some breakfast. See if they need help with anything, try to redeem your past actions with good chores.
>Other option, write in.
>>
>>3576633
>Nukaburst Rocketboard
Radical!
>Take the rocket board for a spin, see if you should keep it, break it down back to its original pieces or sell it as soon as you find someone crazy enough to buy it.
>>
>>3576633
>Take the rocket board for a spin, see if you should keep it, break it down back to its original pieces or sell it as soon as you find someone crazy enough to buy it,
>>
>>3576633
Tubular
>>
>>3576633
>Take the rocket board for a spin, see if you should keep it, break it down back to its original pieces or sell it as soon as you find someone crazy enough to buy it.

You didn't know what to expect and yet still, you were surprised. It was an old surf board with a shark bite hole on the front area. The paint had mostly chipped away but you could still see some faint colours and floral drawings here and there.

On the back of the board you had bolted a high octane V12 engine. How the hell you managed to get one of these? Who knows, who cares. Next to the engines there were two turbochargers linked together with lots of bolts and scrap metal. Under the board a couple of microfusion cells were also used along with several copper rods to create a quantum levitation effect powerful enough to keep the heavy board from sinking into the ocean. The energy cells weren't strong enough to allow for flight or gliding but at least as long as they had charge the board would float.

Honestly, the thing looked like a deathwish, but a very fun one at that!

>Roll 1d12+6 to test our piloting skills!
>Since this thing is a mortal trap it will be a very hard skill test! I will add a +15 to my dice roll.
>Good luck!
>>
Rolled 6 + 6 (1d12 + 6)

>>3576729
>>
Sorry for the short responses, today is being a hectic day for me.
>>
Rolled 12 + 6 (1d12 + 6)

>>3576729
>Since this thing is a mortal trap it will be a very hard skill test! I will add a +15 to my dice roll.
>I will add a +15 to my dice roll.
>+15
HA!
>>
Rolled 6 + 15 (1d12 + 15)

Forgot to roll lmao.
>>
>>3576739
Nice!
>>
Rolled 8 + 15 (1d12 + 15)

Well since today's responses are being short and kinda lame I will ignore my last roll and do it again.
>>
Rolled 7 + 15 (1d12 + 15)

>>3576747
And again...because honestly I want this go work, damn it!
>>
Rolled 3 + 15 (1d12 + 15)

>>3576749
I'll keep rolling until I get a 3 or less.
>>
>>3576752
Oh look at it! I rolled a 3, did everybody see that? I rolled a 3 and nothing else. Cool? Cool.
>>
>>3576744
>>3576747
>>3576749
>>3576752
Based QM
>>
>>3576729
QM rolled a 3+15=18
Players rolled a 12+6=18
Success
> 250 exp gained
> 1750/3000 Exp in total.

With the aid of the captain you grab the board and go to the upper decks. You walk out and are greet by the dusk, you have spent almost an entire day in a drug fuelled trip. At least you feel well rested, fed and sated, who knows how much you must have eaten while you were with the munchies.

Once outside the rest of the crew stopped what they were doing and went out to see the shitshow that you were about to give them. Aurore was the most worried looking one, and she was the one that lacked anything resembling a face.

"I will not allow for any exceedingly dangerous activities in the ship!" The robot screams.

"Well...this won't happen in the ship, will it?" Adds a joyful Kahuna.

"Your logic gates only allow you to operate inside the Rustbucket don't they?" Added Saltgut. That's what I bought and programmed you for.

The robot staggers for a while, attempting to find a way out of her programming to stop this risky nonsense. But she lacked a human soul and after much deliberating found no loophole or way of avoiding your unnecessary stunt. A fuse blew inside of her sending several sparks away and she quickly turned around and went back into her room. If you ever had any chance of getting kinky with her it was now as blown as her fuse box.

You activated the board and dropped it on the floor. The thing whirred mechanically and the two batteries started creating an electromagnetic field powerful enough to keep it floating and also the user stuck to the board. It used the same principles as eyebot robots, only way more crude and powerful.

The first two times you got on board you fell down, one time on your face and the next one on your butt. Since the thing floated there was no friction at all and once on board you had to keep really really steady. Once you got the hang of it you asked the others to move away and kicked the pedal that you had installed for the engine.

In an instant the whole thing roared to life and started spewing flames and smoke. The two turbochargers glowing and launching a corona of plasma fire on their exhausts. With a smile you fully press the pedal. You were instantly launched into the sea, your eyes closed from the air and your mouth open wide. You would need a flight helmet or something if you wanted to go that fast. Luckily the instant you stop pressing the pedal the engine stops and slowly halts.

You look back and see the Rustbucket several feet away, in a single instant you had crossed about half a mile.

"Holy shit."

"Hey Dillinger!" Screams Rickard from the ship. "Surf this!" The brute of the heart of gold then threw a mini-nuke close to you. Where the hell did he get that thing? Who knows!? In that instant all you could think about was the giant wave that was forming next to you.

>Another piloting skill!
>This one will only be hard +10 modifier.
>Good luck!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>3576781
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>3576781
>>
Rolled 12 (1d12)

>>3576781
Kowabunga!
>>
>>3576789
kowabunga it is
>>
>>3576789
Woo!
>>
Rolled 9 (1d12)

>>3576781
>>
>>3576781
>Players rolled a 12.
Automatic critical success
> 400 exp gained
> 2150/3000 Exp in total.

"Kowabunga!" Screams the captain as the ships passes next to you riding the wave.

You masterfully take control of the oceans and ride as if it were the most natural thing that had ever happened to you. Not bad for someone who hasn't surfed in his entire life.

Kicking the pedal as hard and fast as you can makes the engine roar in excitement and gives you enough boost to launch you above the seas and into the skies. With your two feet still magnetically stuck to the board you grab the side of it and push as hard as you can, making you spin in mid air just as you are flying above the ship. The water drops that you carried being sprayed onto the crew below as they cheer and scream.

Your landing is kind of rough but you manage to make it. The sea completely engulfs you and the moment you put the nose of the board pointing upwards you kick the acceleration pedal once more. Strongly launching you onto the surface and sending more water everywhere.

Before you could even notice it the sun left and the sky became filled with stars. Cold airs soon started to whistle around you and with them and even colder mist. If you could you would have spent the entire night surfing but you knew that doing so would end giving you pneumonia or a cold.

You mount your rocketboard and take it next to the tugboat. When you were close enough you deactivated the microfusion cells and felt it sink. Since the engine on the back was the most heavy part it was the first thing that went down. Before the board was completely down you reactivated the quantum levitation field and kicked the pedal several times. Since the board was pointing upwards and with part of the engine underwater this created an explosion of water that launched you into the air. Just high enough to allow you to grab the board in mid air and land on your feet in the ship's deck, looking epic.

"Duuuuuude!" Screamed Seabreeze. "That was gnarly! It was all like wowowowowyeah!" He said as he rocked his guitar and headbanged.

"Impresive." Added Shang. "Think of adding blades to the board. With that speed and skill you could kill any foe."

"I liked when you made it rain!" Yelled Rickard.
>>
>>3576822

"Can I play with it too? Pwease pwease!" Kahuna begged, almost crying from the excitement.

"Boy, I think it's in my best interest to keep you around. Tell you what. I will take you to see the Sons of Kanaloa for free, but in exchange as soon as you have that collar out you will work for me. Kahuna is a good grease monkey but you...you might even substitute me some day. I mean, who else might do it? Seabreeze? No offense."

"None taken Cap'!

Soon enough you all were back in the same place as yesterday, next to the fridge exchanging stories, eating and getting high.

>You feel bad for Aurore, go and check if her internal systems are good. Her blown fuse might be worse than ti looks.
>Continue working on the Rocketboard. Hawaii is a cluster of islands so having something like it to fast travel both in land and sea might come in handy.
>Show the rest of the crew your special brew made from Atomic Cocktail, Steady and Calmex. Get everybody high and wild.
>Eat breakfast and go to bed early, you have pretty much spent the last three days in a drug fuelled trip. Let your body and mind rest as it deserves.
>>
>>3576826
>You feel bad for Aurore, go and check if her internal systems are good. Her blown fuse might be worse than ti looks.
No funny stuff. Aurore is an important piece of equipment and needs to work properly.
>>
>>3576826
>>
>>3576826
>>
>>3576839
Ditto, fix a bitch
>>
>>3576839
+Tell Kahuna she can ride it later. After we... UPGRADE IT! (maniacal glint in the eye)
Because this thing will explode if someone drive it again.
Let's start join project on this with most adorable mechanic ever
>>
>>3576826
>>You feel bad for Aurore, go and check if her internal systems are good. Her blown fuse might be worse than ti looks.
>>
Sorry for taking so long! I was working on photoshop to show you how Aurore looks! Next update will have a picture of her!
>>
>>3576479
Holy shit the human racial perksteal is so good
>>
A goddamn V-12 engine on a surfboard? WTF, it’s gotta have like 0.5L in order to be able to carry the damn thing without getting a hernia.
>>
>>3576755
You can delete all the posts where u didn’t roll 3
>>
File: Aurore.png (309 KB, 481x698)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>3576826
>You feel bad for Aurore, go and check if her internal systems are good. Her blown fuse might be worse than it looks.

You notice that Aurore is missing from the circle, despite being the one who clearly enjoyed these meetings the least she was there to be sure that nobody got too drunk, high or rowdy. You walked into her room and saw found instead a small closet full of books of all kinds, medicines and cleaning tools. She was simply standing in there, idle.

"A-aurore, are you ok?"

"I don't know. Am I?"

"I could tell you if you let me look your internal workings."

She raised her three eyes at you and did something that felt like a sigh.

"I'm fine, tired but fine. I was built to keep people safe in a time period were safety was way more important than it is now. I was programmed to work with small children in a safe environment like a hospital or a kindergarten. Instead I am in a ship that is barely floating, watching manchildren risk their lives to get food and then spend their free time drinking or smoking poison. And that's of course the times were we don't encounter pirates or something worse. I can't avoid getting worried about them and every time I try to help I find myself with a logic barrier or some other problem. I can yell at them but since they are adults they can ignore me, and my programming says that they are right. I live in a constant conflict... and I know that I have been lucky, I have a family and a relatively safe space. The other Miss Nannies in the Wasteland might be forced to endure raiders or monsters on the daily."

>Speech: Try to convince her to see the good side of life. Carpe diem. Enjoy life now because tomorrow you might be dead.
>Repair: Put her in sleep mode and see if you can tweak her AI modules, make her less shaky and mother-like.
>Speech: Return to the circle and tell the rest of the situation, see if you can convince them of stop acting reckless and from time to time obey her orders and warnings.
>Investigation: Check her different books to see if there's anything about growing up and psychology. Perhaps you can teach her that the rest of the crew and even Kahuna are not children anymore, and that she is simply worrying too much.
>>
>>3576930
Repair, the fundamental problem seems to be her logic gates maybe with a side of telling her that with the exception of one the people on this boat aren’t children and can make their own decisions
>>
>>3576930
>Speech: Try to convince her to see the good side of life. Carpe diem. Enjoy life now because tomorrow you might be dead.
>>
>>3576920
Honestly I don't know much about engines. I know that a V12 is fucking overpowered but that's the fun of Fallout. It is not ruled by regular science but SCIENCE!!! instead.

Plus I based it on Deadpool's board when he became a herald of Galactus.
>>
>>3576930
>Repair: Put her in sleep mode and see if you can tweak her AI modules, make her less shaky and mother-like.
>Ask the crew first
>>
>>3576930
>Gather everyone and ask about their opinions
>Including Aurore
>>
Before we do anything we should ask the crew
>>
>>3576930
So, we are sure that we have to ask the other's first. Good. But what afterwards? There's a tie between convincing her and putting her to sleep. If there ins't a tie breaker in the next ten minutes I will do a dice roll to chose.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>3576958
>>3576963
>>
>>3577024
>But what afterwards?
What crew decides.
>>
>>3576930
Sorry guys but today is not my day. I've been busy with countless of unplanned stuff that came up out of nowhere and to be honest, I feel kind of blocked and unable to write anything longer than three paragraphs. I'll end it for today.

>As usual I'm open to questions or whatever.
>>
>>3577071
Thanks for running
>>
>>3577071
No questions but I love Fallout and I love /qst/
You’re a great QM too
>>
It'd be a good idea to ask the crew what they think
>>
>>3577128
Agreed
>>
>>3577128
>>3577150
Don't worry. We are going to ask the crew and then see if we all together can convince her that the life she has isn't that bad.
>>
Do we have ammo for the laser pistol?
>>
>>3577311
Weapons will not have ammo counters. We will not run out of bullets unless I dedide so to add drama or tension. Weapons will have to be reloaded thought.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.