[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: NEW LIFE OP.png (31 KB, 500x500)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Hey guys, sorry, I got the days mixed up and just realized it was friday instead of thursday. Let me know when you are here.

Previous Thread >>3304729
>>
>>3350605
Miellewds-guy here.
>>
>>3350605
Here
>>
>>3351321
>>3351194
>Miellewds-guy here.
Just saw your posts, guys. Well, guess we'll ply tomorrow onwards.
>>
I guess there's no session today.
>>
>>3355043
I GM on saturdays and just got home. You guys wanna go into the jungle and look for the new plant queens, or skip it and start by summoning them, implying we are coming back from it?
>>
>>3355245
I'd like to see what they're like in the wild, since normally plants never evolve this high.
>>
>>3355284
Alrighty. Anyone else?
>>
>>3355371
sounds good
>>
Half a day after the black moon portal has closed, we move the fleet closer to inspect the damage by ourselves.

As you'd expect, the town is gone, having been bombarded by three nation's navies(*) while being overrun by an army of interdimansional neverborn.

Well, the important bit is that nobody is dead.

There's barely any fire or smoke left now, the bombardment having quite thoroughly ignited and snuffed and then reignited anything flammable already. Its just a pile of rubble now, with streets barely recognizable as such.

Ah, that's the bench where we had some treats with Mako that one evening we came to have fun together. Well, the rough area where it was, anyway.

"Shouldn't there be some [ERROR]s still around?" - asks Aritsu after sighing over the devastation
"I doubt it." - replies Lyann - "They were all moving towards the fortress, and those who didn't, went to the jungle, after all."

>Look through the city rubble
>Head to the fort
>Head to the jungle
>Other

* Navys?
>>
>>3357831
>Look through the city rubble
Let's not assume that [ERROR]'s are as stupid as Grandpa.
>>
>>3357831
>three nation's navies
Yes, that's correct.
>>
>>3357831
>>Look through the city rubble
>>
>>3358115
>>3357845
>>Look through the city rubble

Thankfully, everyone evacuated, so there's no blood or bodies. The [ERROR]s aside, of course, and their bodies dissolve quickly, so unless someone took steps to preserve them, they would melt away in a week or so, anyway.

Aritsu gracefully hops unto a large piece of rubble, then to the ruins of a wall, and from there to a roof... ah, hey, you're a bookworm, scholarly-type mage, aren't you princess? I feel like all the stats and levels she's accumulated have sort of eroded her quiet and secretary-like character type, you know?

Well, it's fine. Fantasy elf girls are meant to be light and graceful like this, after all. I think.

"President, I can see some movement down the street!" - she calls back after looking around for a bit.

Ah, she looks so pretty standing still against the wind, that we were staring for a bit. Her pale gold, long twintails were floating to the side gently, giving her a very charming look.

"Alright, let's go take a look."

Indeed, there's some movement on a pile of rubble. Or rather, coming from under it, but an [ERROR] should be able to phase right through man-made structures, so what's with this?

>Blast it, then check it out
>Dig it out
>Other
>>
>>3358543
>Dig it out
>Be careful
>>
>>3358543
supporting >>3358608
>>
>>3358543
>Dig it out
>>
>>3358875
>>3358656
>>3358608
>>Dig it out

We move over, and signal the girls to stay back as we look at it.

Ah, well, Lyann is actually higher level than we are, but it comes natural, you know? Anyway, we need to think about it so it doesn't ends collapsing on top of us... wait, is that actually a concern? I mean, we're stupidly strong, aren't we?

Alright, let's see... we grab one of the large chunks of wall and toss it away. Repeat a few times, and we find a strange type of [ERROR].

It has mechanical limbs, like a steampunk octopus, ending in what looks like ruined weapons of some sort... well, this is the first time we've seen them use anything looking like technology, really.

So far, you could say everything about them had been biomechanical or purely based off biological engineering.

Well, it looks like some king of cyborg? Its main body is mostly [ERROR], but large parts of it are covered in some kind of metal, and te 'tentacles' are sprouting out of it.

An easy guess would suggest that its metal body parts didn't allow it to phase through the rubble, but now what?

>Take it apart and study the mechanical bits
>Try and capture it 'alive' somehow (suggestions?)
>Other
>>
>>3358895
Get it wrapped around in chains, and have someone get an Isolation Field Pod from the labs back in Albion so that we can keep it separated.
>>
>Take it apart and study the mechanical bits
This is a trap option; the mechanical bits are what are keeping it from phasing through materials.
>>
>>3358895
>>Try and capture it 'alive' somehow (suggestions?)
can't think of anything so supporting >>3358910
>>
File: the horror.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>3358932
>>3358910
>Get it wrapped around in chains, and have someone get an Isolation Field Pod from the labs back in Albion so that we can keep it separated.

"Alright, I'm sure Zoe and Portia will want to take a look at it while it is 'alive' right?"

We leave Lyann with a dozen soldiers keeping watch over it while we treestride to the university lab and secure a stasis field generator.

It is a rather tricky thing to set up around something that is half buried and trying to break loose, but after a few hours of work, we manage to trap the thing inside it, having set it up as a trap and then dug out the [ERROR] enough that it could pull loose, though with no other escape paths but straight into the field.

And so, it is frozen in the middle of a 'jump', which sort of makes it rather interesting to look at.

"Wah! That was sudden! It moves a lot faster than the ones we've seen before..." - we comment to ourselves
"I think its the mechanical limbs. It probably lets it hold on to terrain better since there's no phasing." - Aritsu walks around it while saying so
"Unless this one is unique, there should be more around. Should we bomb the area again, sir?" - asks one of the officers with us

>No, I want as many specimens as possible
>Yes, we already got our prize, and it will be night time soon
>Other

Unrelated, but I started playing Conan Exiles and this amused the heck out of me (pic related)
>>
>>3360215
>Other: Prepare to saturation bomb the area, but wait for them to start moving. I want to see if this was an intentional tactic by the [ERROR]s, waiting for night before attempting a second assault, or this was just accidentally left behind.

The [ERROR]s are showing a lot more cunning and intelligence than the Archives, Grandpa, and Tapac said that they would.
This is another intel failure to nail to the older generation.
>>
>>3360215
supporting >>3360245
>>
>>3360215
No, I want as many specimens as possible.
This probs happened feom us sending probs into there world

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.