[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAGOeWiz2U

Welcome to the world of Pokemon, a thousand years in the past. A time before gyms, before pokeballs, before the Pokemon league. This is the Pokemon world of the violent middle ages, when the world was divided into warring kingdoms, when men and women fought Pokemon with sword and bow, when Pokemon were untamed. A time of war, a time of glory. This is....

Pokemon: Iron and Blood!

We look now to the kingdom of Arbor, far in the west of the world. A land of lakes, forests, and twisting mountain ranges. To its south is the fiery desert of Djabeer, to the north the frozen land of Slavine, to the east the flat dry grasslands of Ostarbor, and to the west the open sea.

The High King of Arbor is dying, leaving his kingdom without a male heir, and the great houses and their princes now manouver among each other to be named his successor. House Oak, Elm, Rowan, and Scyamore each step forward as prime candidates to take the throne, with the Prince of Oak and the Prince of Sycamore as the two chief contenders.

To keep the peace a marriage is being arranged, between the second son of House Oak and the first daughter of House Sycamore.

You are that son. Lief, son of Eric, born in the valley of Skyglade, home of House Oak, where farmers plow their fields behind heavy shouldered mudsdales and butterfree float gently through the forests, where tauros pull carts to market laden with the bounty of the fertile earth under the blue shade of the Tyran Mountains.

You are twelve years old, soon to be thirteen. A boy with forest green hair and dark eyes. You spend most of your days:

> with Ser Johan practising swordsmanship
> in the library with Master Kayman
> at play with your friends in the alleys and squares of Skyglade town
> with your father, Prince Eric
>>
>>3321438
>>
>>3321438

Hopefully this takes off. Quests with very young protagonists don't seem to last very long around here.
>>
Okay, writing
>>
You took your duties as the son of a prince seriously. You might not be in line for lordship of Skyglade or leadership of House Oak, but you still had a responsibility to your father and elder brother. You stood in your father's study, back to his small collection of books. Your father's attention was on the parchment in front of him, read by candle light, delivered by a regal pidgeot that sat by the window, its head uplifted, its crest swept back, a proud bird with an intelligent, even haughty glare. Your father always wore his sword, and today his iron circlet, heavy on his forehead that seemed to always burden him with a frown. He rubbed his lips in a way you knew meant he was nervous.

Outside you could hear the crash and clang of Sir Johan fencing with his scyther in the courtyard.

"What is it, father?" you ask, your voice still soft and child-like.

"Nothing," he said, setting the parchment to the candle. It burned away quickly, and he smiled. "It's a sunny day with a nice cool wind, Lief," he said, "Shouldn't you be out playing with your friends?"

You swallowed and didn't know what to say. That you had no friends? It was almost true. You were so often learning how to be a prince you had little time for play, and many of the other castle children were near strangers to you. Duty came before fun, and if that left you lonely, well you enjoyed the company of adults better.

"Or are you nervous?" your father's look became sly and playful, "The Sycamore girl will be here soon." You paled rather than blushed. It was just a betrothal ceremony, you wouldn't be married for years yet, but it still sent butterfrees circling your belly. "With her father," his sigh took away his playful tone as he stretched back in his chair. He tapped the chair. The growlithe by the fireplace picked up his head, blinking out a yawn. He stumbled over, presenting his chin for a scratch, which your father obliged.

"There's been talk of wild Pokemon in the mountains," he said, "Maybe this is a good time for a hunt. Send out Houndmaster Scott and his herdiers, make a big event of it. That should ease Prince Wulfher's blood lust." Prince Wulfher, your one day father-in-law, a famous warrior. He had just returned from war in the land of Djabeer, drawn back by the stories of the High King's sickness.

"When will he be here?" you asked, trying not to sound nervous.

"Tomorrow," your father said, and smiled again, "Why don't you go do something better with your time? Leave the worrying to your old man." Your father wasn't old, but duty had creased his face and peppered his black hair. He squeezed your shoulder and kissed your head, his way of dismissing you. It annoyed you, being treated like a child, but you left with a neat bow.

Before you were gone he said a last thing. "Enjoy being a child while you still can, Lief."

You looked back at his little smile, frowned, then left.
>>
>>3321562

> take you father's advice, go find some other children and play
> go visit Houndmaster Scott, talk of wild pokemon was interesting
> go be alone with your thoughts, you had a lot to think about
>>
>>3321566
>go be alone with your thoughts, you had a lot to think about
>>
I'll go with one player

writing
>>
>>3321562
>Nothing," he said, setting the parchment to the candle. It burned away quickly, and he smiled. "It's a sunny day with a nice cool wind, Lief
Wait a minute...
>>
You stalk the halls of Skyglade castle until you find a quiet spot to stand, arms crossed and frowning at your shoes, leaning against the statue of your grandmother. You only knew her through stories and this statue, smiling down serenely from under a head-scarf. She had been very wise, people from all over had called on her for advice. The kind of wisdom you needed right now.

You were going to be a man soon, thirteen. It would be expected for you to join in the hunting, to go to war, to....to marry. And you would do your duty, of course, but there was still a part of you, a whiny childish part of you that you hated but could only agree with sometimes, that it wasn't fair that so much should be expected of you. To study, to train, to be ready to sacrifice everything for everyone else. To have nothing that was really your own. Now you were a boy and you served your father. One day you would be a man and serve your brother.

And it wasn't that your father expected these things, but that you expected them of yourself. Sometimes you felt it just wasn't fair.

The flick of something light and wet on your cheek made you jolt with a gasp, turning with a knife to you dagger.

Laughter burst out from behind you. An arbok slithered around your grandmother's statue, and sitting on top of the statue was Kasumi. The foreign girl grinned down at you. "You're as gloomy as a ghastly," she said, sticking out her tongue, "Haunting the halls like a haunter." The snake girl hopped down, reaching out an arm for her snake to slither across, wrapping itself around her neck. You blushed.

She was from the far east, a land called Johto. Her father and mother had come before you had been born, looking for safety that your father had given them. And in return they now served your family, though Kasumi didn't behave like a servant.

"I want to be alone," you said.

"I want to be a spearow," she said, spreading out her hands and standing on one foot, "But that's never going to happen."

"So what's got you looking so gloomy?" she asked, slumping against the statue. She drew the slim knife from her hip and threw it end over end, catching it by the slim handle, a circle of flashing steel rising between you.

"Nothing," you said. Kasumi was older than you, but you wouldn't call her an adult, and the way she teased you made it hard to talk.

"Is it because you're getting married?" she grinned.

"No!" her snicker made you blush, "And anyway, I'm not getting married, just engaged."

The dagger went from one hand to the other. "I heard she's got the face of a snubbull, all jowls." She puffed out her cheeks for example.

"What would you know?" you said.

With her cheeks puffed up and standing on one leg, she shrugged.

"Hey, want to see something cool?" she said, sheathing her knife.

You were suspicious....

>not with you
>it better be good
>>
>>3321659
>>it better be good
>>
>>3321659
>it better be good
>>
>>3321659
>it better be good
>>
writing
>>
"It better be good," you said. She snatched your arm to her side, grinning, her arbok giving a pleased hiss around her shoulders.

"It is, it's really neat! Exactly the kind of thing a dork like you with like," you had to skip to keep her from dragging you. She hummed as you walked down the corridor. Kasumi was taller than you, though she wasn't a tall girl. You had a sense of where she was going based on the tapestries you passed, up to the night tower, where the astronomer, Dr Treno, had set up his space. You went past the image of your great-grandfather standing over the bloody corpse of a mighty onix.

This was interesting to you, sending a tickle up your spine.

"Up this way," Kasumi skipped up the spiral staircase, pulling you behind her.

Down the other way came servants, who at the sight of Kasumi stuck themselves to the wall. You gave a polite apology as she dragged you past.

The lab of Dr Treno was dark and gloomy, lit by strange flickering silver lights upon the roof. The smell of chemicals was strong and the air musty. The carpet underfoot squished. There was a sense of growing fungus on the dark walls. Across it ripped the snore of the doctor. Kasumi put a hand to her lips and pointed into the gloom. You stared until you saw the shape of the round little doctor leaning back in his chair, a book over his chest, big nose nostrils flaring with each snore above a messy beard.

Kasumi stuck out her tongue as she crossed the floor, quieter than the morning wind. You took a step and felt the moist squelch, heard it. She shot you a smile, finger to her lips, motioning for you to stay there. She grabbed something off Dr Treno's work table, dancing silently back to you. It was an amber box held in the tuck of her arm. She looked around like a woman plotting murderer.

"Ready?" her grin was violent. You swallowed, nodded. She opened it.

An orange stone glowed from the bit of the box. You let out a gasp, the light in the heart of the stone dazzling. You'd heard of these, but they were rare. Your hand shook to touch it, but you wouldn't dare. It was worth more than all the treasure in Skyglade's vault.

"A fire stone," she said, "And a betrothal gift from the High King." You swallowed.

"Now how does that sound?" she said, snapping the case shut.

"But....I don't even have a Pokemon," you said.

"Hnnn, yeah, that's true," she said, "But I hear your bride to be has an eevee. I'm sure if you give it to her she'd be absolutely in love with you." You couldn't swallow this lump.

Dr Treno's snore cut out with a snort, the man mumbling. Kasumi's smile froze.

"Let's get going, yeah?" she said, tip-toeing past you, still carrying the box.

> let her take it, its not like she could use it
> order her to give the box back
>>
>>3321752
> order her to give the box back
Too responsible for this
>>
>>3321752
>order her to give the box back
I'm a brave boy, but not brave enough for this!
>>
I really need to proof read this stuff
>>
writing
>>
"Kasumi," you grabbed her sleeve, "Put it back."

She rolled her eyes at your serious expression. "You're no fun, Lief," she said, but did as she was told, slinking back into the room then out again, humming when she was back by your side. Together you went back down the spiral staircase. "But that was pretty cool, right?" she said.

You could still see the glow of the stone in your mind and nodded. You read a lot about Pokemon, though you weren't an expert exactly, you knew about the stones that were needed to evolve certain kinds of Pokemon. With the stone your father's growlithe, if it was strong enough, could become a legendary arcanine. But it did remind you that you didn't have a Pokemon of your own yet. When you were thirteen you would be given a sword and a companion, and sent out on a quest to find one, defeat it in combat and tame it to follow your command. It was the duty of the nobility, and an important ritual. It was almost as scary as your betrothal.

It was said the bond between a Pokemon and their master was deep, deeper than anything else, and that they began to resemble each other over time. You don't know how true any of that was, but you had to admit Master Scott looked a lot like his hounds and there was something snake-like about Kasumi. Ser Johan was as intense as his scyther.

What kind of Pokemon would even suit you, or serve you? You didn't know.

Still in thought, Kasumi lead you out into the daylight and you blinked against the sudden light.

A pair of boys fenced each other with sticks as a girl watched, her legs dangling from the edged of the castle well. They were peasants, the children of servants all your own age. Reeve, Karl, and Jessica. Jessica waved through the fencing, a more enthusiastic smile than you had expected from her, as Reeve and Karl fake-fought. They broke to give you curious looks.

You turned to glare at Kasumi, who looked away. "What?" she said, "Hey, it looks like those kids want to play. Maybe you should go do that. Could be fun, you never know."

> I don't want to play with kids!
> fine, but I won't enjoy myself
>>
>>3321813
>fine, but I won't enjoy myself
moooooope
>>
>>3321813
> fine, but I won't enjoy myself
>>
writing
>>
You frown. "Fine, I see this has been forced on me, but I won't have fun," you said with grim determination, head hoist high. Kasumi's laughter couldn't deflate your pride as you marched over to the waiting kids. But your march slowed down and your feelings troubled as you got closer. Would they even want to play with you? Jessica was still smiling, but the boys just watched, You could order them to play with you, but that felt wrong, not just wrong but pathetic. You felt your pride start to shrivel up and by the time you were up to them you were shuffling rather than marching.

"Hey, it's Lief," Karl said, spinning his stick around, "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Hello," you said to your feet.

"We needed one more for a game of castles," Reeve said, "Two aside. Me and Karl against you and Jessica, what do you think?"

You looked up. They were waiting for an answer. You nodded, "Okay."

Reeve was only a little bigger than you, Karl was much bigger. Jessica and Karl were brother and sister. She hopped off the well, pink haired tied under a scarf. She held up the handball, threw it to you. Reeve and Karl scratched out goal lines, then the circle that made the center. The idea as to pass the ball and back and forth to get it to your castle. It could be played with any number of people.

You put the ball in the middle of the circle, facing off with Reeve.

He grinned, showing a missing tooth. You breathed deep, squatting across from him in front of the ball.

"Wait, we need a referee," Jessica said, "Ser Johan!"

She waved to the knight as he came striding from the training yard. He had short black hair and wore a red cape over a dark tunic, his scyther slinking behind him. The serious knight took you all in with a glare. Jessica waved him over. "Ser Johan, would you be our referee?"

He slouched on his sword hilt, a sour expression, but nodded, going to sit on the side of the well. His scyther dropped down in front of him, eyes closed. He drew his sword over his lap and pulled out a whet stone, scrapped it across the edge of his sword while he watched.

Jessica whispered in your ear, "Now Karl can't bully you," she said with a wink, flaring something angry up inside you. You weren't a child who needed protecting.

You crouched in front of the ball, Jessica somewhere behind you, Karl crouched in front of you, both f you ready to scoop up the ball when the signal was given.

"Ready, and....go!"
-
back in five
>>
back
>>
The hot day shifted into a cool afternoon, which brought a customary wet mist over the valley. You spat up saliva and grit, snorting, your good tunic now stained with grass and dirt. The others were about the same, Jessica's elbows scuffed, Reeve's nose swollen and bruised but he still laughed. The light misty rain didn't last long, just enough to wet your hair and brow, send you all running for cover, laughing, your noble pride long since forgotten.

You stood under a yawning, the hoot-hoot of pidgeys overhead, looking down at you, standing on the dry white splatter of old pidgey cack. You all huffed with exertion, the castle ball left out in the rain.

"You're all right," Karl said, punching your arm hard enough to numb it, "We should play again tomorrow."

"Yeah, but you can be on my team this time," Reeve said.

"No way," Jessica untied her hair, flicking it dry over her shoulder, "Lief is mine."

"Oooh," Karl said with a look from you to her.

You both blushed. "I didn't mean it like that," she said, pretending to stomp her brother's foot.

You're laughter died as you remembered what tomorrow would bring. "I can't play tomorrow," you said, "Prince Sycamore will arrive tomorrow." With his daughter and half his House. Your belly squirmed, ached like an arbok bite.

Karl rubbed his nose. "Aw, forget him, what does he matter?"

"Careful Karl, House Sycamore isn't like House Oak," Reeve said, "They're mean. They wouldn't let peasants like us even talk to them."

"And where are we, in the south? Last I checked this was Skyglade," Karl looked around with a grin.

You'd heard stories about the princes of House Sycamore. Proud and deadly men who didn't tolerate disrespect.

"Either way, Lief will be busy. You're marrying Prince Sycamore's daughter, right?" Jessica said.

"Hum," you said with a nod, "But not right away."

"Do you even want to marry her?" Karl asked with a boorish sneer. Everyone looked at him with surprise.

> yes, I'll do my duty
> ....no, not really
>>
>>3321945
>*shrug* How would I know, I never met her. I guess I'll have to do my duty though.
>>
I feel like ive heard the title of this quest before
>>
>>3321966
I checked the archive but could have missed it. Sorry if I stepped on someone else's toes
>>
>>3321945
>No, not really.
That Kasumi girl seems like a Kunoichi to me.
>>
"I don't know," you said, which was true, "I don't know her. I'm told she's nice, but....I don't know. I guess I'll do my duty, though."

Reeve snickered. "Doody."

And that made everyone else laugh, even you fought a giggle.

"Well I hope she is nice," Jessica said, "And we'll play some other time." She and her brother waved goodbye.

Reeve clenched his bruised nose. "I hope she's pretty," he said, smile showing off his missing tooth, "I have help Ma clean up at the tavern, see you around." Rain softened earth left their footprints across the yard.

Then he was gone, and you were alone again, with the pidgeys hooting above you.

You sighed, arms swinging beside you as you went back to the castle, too tired to get caught up in gloomy thoughts. The stars shone above, the moon split by the peak of the night tower. Zubats flew across the night, scritching cries ringing out.
-
Word had come, House Sycamore had arrived.

The next day found you in your best tunic, white and blue with your dagger sheathed at your belt. Maids had worked your dark green hair into a smooth plaster. Kasumi waited for you outside your room. She wore a kind of short dress-robe from her homeland called a 'kimono', purple and covered in black flowers.

"Ready to meet the snubbull?" she said, bulging out her cheeks. She looked you over. "You look like a fine young man." She licked her thumb and untucked a stray green strand of hair, letting it drop over your face. She winked.

Your older brother, Burr, walked with Ser Johan on one side and his wife, Lady Abigail of Birch, on the other. Your older brother wore a steel breast plate stamped with the oak of your house, wore his sword, and flashed you a grin. A growlithe pup bounced at his heel, a big fearow on his shoulder, but Burr's prize companion was his rapidash in the stable. Lady Abigail carried a vulpix kit in her arms, the little thing yawning wide above her pregnant belly. Ser Johan gave you a frown.

Burr clapped your shoulder. "You'll do fine," he said, seeing your nerves through your blank expression. His fearow sniffed your hair, then stretched its wings and launched down the corridor, ruffling past servants. You followed your brother, Kasumi a step behind you.

You met your father out in the courtyard. Unlike your brother he went without armor, a blue cape over a white tunic, his iron crown, and his sword. A few other knights stood with him, as well as Master Kayman and Doctor Treno. You and Burr took up either side of him, Ser Johan joining the knights, Kasumi lingering behind you. Up on the walls peasants watched, ad you saw Jessica, Karl, and Reeve together. They waved down to you, but you couldn't wave back.
>>
>>3322051
The portcullis had been raised and drawbridge lowered.

The Sycamore procession came up the long street of Skyglade town. Soldiers and servants marched, a lonf snake winding out of the town and into the hills. It was lead by a heavy chariot pulled by two stomping, sharp horned tauros. On the back of it was a big man, bare armed but with a steel breast plate, a thick mane of purple hair around a blunt, scarred face.

"That's the princess," Kasumi whispered to you, and you snorted with laughter.

Behind him came something that made you gog. A nidoking usually stood at no more than four feet tall, but the one that followed the chariot was bigger than a big man, almost twice the size of the kind found in nature. It swung its horned head, sniffing the air, its purple scaled body hunched forward with menace, the scales scratched and dented from war.

Prince Wulfher of Sycamore handed the reins to a thin, purple haired seviper of a man behind him on the chariot and leapt down, his boots sinking into the soft earth. He grinned, front teeth chipped. He wore an axe, a crescent moon.

"Eric," he said, "Prince Oak."

"Wulfher," your father said, "Prince Sycamore."

They clasped forearms, but you saw the distaste they had for each other.

Wulfher looked up, whistling. "A lovely place you have out here in the west, so peaceful."

"Yes, we made it so," your father replied.

"Your forefathers, you mean," he said.

"And myself, when need be," your father replied.

Wulfher laughed, swinging an arm over his shoulder. He was shorter than your father by a head, but far brawnier. "I'll not joust words with you, Oak," he said. He looked to your brother. "Is this the one? I like him! Has the look of a fighter." Your brother smiled, but shook his head.

"My youngest, Lief," father said, motioning to you. You stepped forward.

Wulfher's grip on your shoulder was violent, as was the way he shook you. "All skin and bones!" he roared laughter in your face, "But you've got growing left to do, yes?"

"Yes sir," you mutter.

"Good! You better!" he slapped you hard on the back, "I'll not have scrawny grandsons. Now come, meet my boy. Blaze!"

He came from the soldiers, almost as big and broad as his father. Older than you, maybe fifteen. His father's rough face but smoother, almost pretty with purple hair long to his shoulders, sleek compared to his father's wild mane. He wore armor and an axe. Blaze. You felt an instinctive dislike, saw the cruelty in his smile and dark eyes. Prince Sycamore beamed with pride at his son.

Blaze drawled, "Lief of Oak, so you're marrying my sister?"

You nodded, and he covered his smile.

"We should be friends then," he said, offering his hand.

You look to your father, who frowned.

> take the hand
> bow instead
>>
>>3322054
>Bow instead.
>>
writing
>>
>>3322058
Oh fuck--
>>
Instead you offer him a bow, which makes the older boy frown, curling the offered hand into a fist.

"Well, have it your way," he said, bowing back, the fist thumping his chest.

"Very civil," the seviper of a man said. He had to be brother to the Sycamore prince, but was as skinny as his elder brother was broad. He had a long, arrogant face and wore a purple cloak a shade darker than his hair. A spinarak scuttled out from the sleeve of his shirt to nest over the back of his hand, a large ariados spidering up over his shoulder, clinging to his back. Spiders and webs, you thought, with poison as well. The uncle's smile dripped venom.

"My brother, Culdon," Prince Wulfher said. Culdon bowed.

"Father?"

Wulfher's face lit up, as did the other men of Sycamore.

"And the girl of the hour, my daughter Violet," he said.

Your heart skipped a beat. Purple hair draped over slim shoulders, framing a dimpled smile. Large dark eyes fluttered at you. Her delicate nose had the slightest freckles.

"My son Lief," your father said.

You stared at each other for a wile too long. All the castle was watching, their attention burning your skin. You had trained for this, but your training slipped away from you.

Your brother coughed and you felt someone nudge you forward. You looked back to Kasumi, who grinned.

You stepped forward.

So did Violet.

She was as nervous as you were.

"Hello," she said.

"Hello," you said back.

Her father bawled with laughter. "Hello!" he hooted, "Hello! Well, at least I won't have to worry until they're wed! Enough standing around, the day is young and I'm hungry. And I've brought you a gift, Eric, a real gift, don't think I haven't. Let's get going!" He clapped his paws together. Blaze was drawing away his sister as the Sycamore household broke into activity. Your father gave a sharp nod and your own household busied to welcome them into the grounds.

A large cage covered by canvas was hauled in by a pair of big men. A pair of houndooms slipped up to stand beside Culdon, alert dogs glaring at your home.

You sagged with relief, the eyes of the castle no longer on you.

"You okay?" Kasumi asked, rubbing your shoulder. You nodded, feeling a bit sick. "What do you want to do?"

> go find your friends
> attend to your father
> be alone for a while
>>
>>3322058
Y tho
>>
>>3322087
>Attend to your father
>>
>>3322087
>Ask Kasumi if you can do something fun.
>>3322090 because it builds character. Also because lief is a child.
>>
>>3322087
>attend to your father
>>
writing
>>
You find your brother and father together, Ser Johan keeping guard with his scyther.

"He's brought a lot of men for a betrothal," Burr said. Your father nodded. "Have you heard from House Elm or House Birch?"

"Wild Pokemon in the mountains...." your father muttered. He shook his head. "No, no word. Be on your guard, I don't trust Sycamore. There's something going on here."

"I'm not blind," Burr said.

Their conversation ended with your presence.

"Lief," your father smiled, "What do you think of the girl, she's pretty?"

You nod, but his attention was soon elsewhere.

"Kasumi, I need you to do something for me. That thing we discussed."

"My lord," Kasumi bowed, her playfulness gone, and she left without saying anything.

Your father grabbed your shoulder. "Come, let's see what this gift our guest has brought us is."
-
The cage had been set in the middle of the feasting hall, where the fire pit would be. "I picked it up in Djabeer," Wulfher said, grasping the canvas covering, "An exotic beast, and a worthy dowry. Not something you'll ever see in the west."

He whisked the canvas aside. A delighted gasp filled the hall.

It sat, a small thing at the center of the cage, whimpering, its tail coiled around it. It was a smooth orange lizard with a tiny bright flame flicking at the end of its tail. It looked about, croaking, large innocent eyes beseeching some unknowable question.

A charmander.

"It's a little runt now, but imagine it when its grown into a charizard. A beast fit for a king!"

Sycamore's eyes shown with greed.

Your father looked surprised. "This is very generous," he said, "More generous than I expected."

"You think I'm a skinflint?" Wulfher said, "Jealous of every coin like a mewling meowth?"

"Forgive me, I'm just surprised. To give a beast like this to a rival-"

"Rival? Nonsense, we aren't rivals, not once your boy marries my girl. In-laws, family! Bound by the only bond that matters, blood! And I have a gift for your heir too, maybe for his wife. Here, here," he clicked his fingers and a servant brought him a gift, a red stone necklace.

"Golduck stones, eleven of them, caught by my best hunters," he held the necklace up to catch the light, "For your pretty wife." He threw the fortune in stones as if it were nothing at your elder brother.

"Now where's that food, ey?" he said, grinning, gesturing to his audience.

But you had no eyes for him, only for the miserable little charmander, bound up in the iron cage. It found you and stared, and you felt something in you respond to its misery.

It croaked and curled up, trying to sleep through the noise and attention that swirled around it.
-
taking a break.
>>
Any thoughts so far?
>>
>>3322148
It's going great, so far, though I am concerned about the Sycamores' demeanor.
>>
>>3322148
I've always been fascinated in middle age pokemon. Especially unova/kalos.
Even if no one else posts, I'll keep posting.
>>
"Yes, yes, a houndoom is a fine beast, but for loyalty and a sturdy nature, dependable in any weather, a herdier can't be beaten," Maser Scott was as hairy as his charges, a large moustache dominating an old face, his eyes narrowed to squints under a bushy brow. He drank deep from a tankard as he extolled the virtues of his dogs to any that would listen, Oak or Sycamore.

The feast had gone on all day, the second day of the Sycamore visit. Your brother had sparred a knight of House Sycamore, Ser Garrow, for the entertainment of the crowd, while men and women drank and feasted. Jugglers and clowns performed, contortionists working themselves into letters and numbers. A few performed with Pokemon. Ser Johann's scyther even entertained, cutting arrows loosed at it from any distance.

"Tell me Ser Johann, how does a knight of Ostarbor end up so far west?" Culdon asked. He was dressed more finely than most of the women present.

"I had a need to be elsewhere, and Prince Eric opened his home," he replied.

"He's generous with his home, your prince, but he sniffs at us like strange dogs, why is that?" Culdon said.

Johann downed his ale. "A dog only sniffs at stink," he said, and was done with the conversation.

Your betrothed sat with your sister-in-law, Abigail now wearing the necklace of golduck jewels. Abigail's vulpix curled in her lap, nestled next to your soon to be born niece or nephew. You hadn't spoke to Violet much, your throat closed at the sight of her, but she had charmed your father's household.

"Psst, hey," Kasumi slammed her elbow a little too hard into your side. You looked to her, no longer dressed as fancily as she had the other day. "Maybe go talk to her," she said, bobbing her head in Violet's direction. That lump wouldn't dislodge. "She won't bite you," she said, then paused, "Well she might bite you, but I doubt it'll hurt."

> go talk to Violet
> no, no, nope, can't do it
>>
>>3322181
>Talk to Violet.
>>
>>3322181
>Talk to Violet
We don't know any better anyway.
>>
Sorry, got caught up ordering a pizza

writing
>>
With Kasumi poking you in the back you walked over to the women. Violet smiled, a spinarak sitting in her lap. The little spider squeaked up at you. She was older than you, you would guess around sixteen, which made talking to her even harder.

"Lief, we were just talking about you," Abigail said. Your sister-in-law had been in your life since you had been small. Well, smaller. And since your mother had passed she had become the lady of Skyglade.

"Good things," Violet said, as if they might possibly have said bad things, which made your skin prickle cold. "Sorry, that came out wrong. I often say things in the wrong way."

"Thank you," you said, "I mean, yeah, that can happen."

You sipped your chilled milk.

"Do you like spiders?" you said. She stroked her spinarak.

"I like all Pokemon," she said, and looked past you to the charmander in its cage. She pouted. "Poor thing."

"Your father found it in the south?" you asked. She nodded.

"Taken from a Djabeer caravan as an egg. Blaze was expecting it to be his, poor boy."

Where was her brother? You hadn't seen him all day.

"Do you like Pokemon?" she asked.

> not really
> I'm neutral on them
> I love them
>>
>>3322208
>I'm neutral on them
We haven't really done much around them, have we QM?
>>
>>3322213
this is a chance to define some of Leif's personality
>>
>>3322214
Then I'm gonna go with neutral as planned.
>>
sorry, pizza arrived

writing
>>
"I don't have strong feelings one way or the other," you confessed.

"Oh," Violet frowned, "Well I suppose I'm a bit odd. I've always loved Pokemon, but father says I shouldn't be so sentimental. They're our friends. We eat their meat, drink their milk, they help grow our food and defend our homes. Father says they're just weapons, no different from an axe or a bow, but I don't think that's right. An axe doesn't hurt, doesn't cry, doesn't love, but Pokemon do all those things. They aren't just weapons or tools. They're thinking, feeling creatures as alive as any human."

Abigail stroked her vulpix tenderly.

Violet's smile went goofy. "Even the ugly ones!" she said, hoisting up her spinarak and shook it at you. You took an instinctive step back. It cocked its head and chittered at you.

She laughed and soon so did you. You risked patting the spider on the head and it preened at your touch.

"Maybe one day you'll love Pokemon as much as I do," and the word 'love' made you both blush.

You heard a 'psst' again, but looking around this time it wasn't Kasumi, but Karl, Reeve and Jessica from the corridor, bent over each other and grinning, gesturing for you to join them. You looked back at your betrothed, who was playing with the spinarak's legs. Now was a good time to leave, you had a way of putting your foot in your mouth, but your father might notice you slipping away.

> stay
> slip out
>>
>>3322250
>Father says they're just weapons, no different from an axe or a bow, but I don't think that's right.
>>3322126
>He's brought a lot of men for a betrothal
Uh oh...
Excuse ourselves and go to the kid's.
>>
writing
>>
You wander over to the others and dip out of the celebration. Reeve was already snickering in your ear. "Is that her? She's pretty!"

Karl and Jessica were no better, both poking you as they teased. You rolled your eyes as you blushed. She was pretty, and nice, and kind. She was pretty good, far from the snubbull you'd been warned about. Violet kept company with your sister as the feast roared on around them, one of the Sycamore men caught up in an axe throwing competition with an Oak knight.

"What did you guys want?" you asked.

Reeve looked this way then that, and pulled out a bottle of wine from under his tunic. "A toast to your good health," he said, "From the inn's cellar, pinched it myself."

They all looked like they had come from work. Jessica's smock was dirty from the stables and Karl's hands were sooty from the blacksmith's. Reeve uncorked it with his teeth and took a gulp, then passed it to Karl who took a swig, then Jessica.

"Cheers," she said, saluting you before taking three big gulps, face scrunching up from the taste. She handed it to you.

You'd tasted wine before, any good nobleman had to know his wine, but you'd never had more than a sip or two under your father's supervision. Taking a long drink now felt dangerous, risky, and exactly what you needed. When you were done you burped, handing it back to Reeve. He laughed.

"So when are you two getting married?" Reeve asked, the four of you lounging in the corridor.

You shrugged. "I need to go on my quest first, capture and tame a Pokemon," you said, "That could take years."

"Couldn't you just go up to the mountains?" Karl asked, scratching his chin, "There's plenty of Pokemon up there."

"Maybe," you said, "But my brother went all the way to Ostarbor, and my dad went to Djabeer. I suppose I should go north to Slavine, or journey over the sea, maybe to Unova or Kalos."

"That's silly," Jessica said, "Why go to all the bother?"

"To prove I'm a man," you said, "You guys wouldn't understand, you aren't nobles."

Reeve laughed. "My dad died in Djabeer fighting your wars, we understand it plenty," he said. He took another drink, burped.

"I should get back to the party," you said.

"Yeah, well, anyway. Congratulations. And when these Sycamore guys are gone let's play another game of castle," he said, toasting you.

He tucked the wine under his tunic again, and they snuck away.

You looked back to the party and the celebration going on. Prince Wulfher was drinking with the knights, drinking them under the table, roaring with laughter and ripping into a haunch of tauros. He was everything your father wasn't, but would be a second father to you soon enough.

A headache panged behind your eyes.

>rejoin the party and make the best of it
>go somewhere to be alone
>>
I guess this is a bad time to run a quest?
>>
>>3322298
>go somewhere to be alone
let's think a bit
>>3322314
>I guess this is a bad time to run a quest?
most of the burgers are still asleep
>>
writing
>>
whoops
>>
You go for a walk to clear your head. You felt light in a way you'd never felt before and it occurred to you that you were slightly drunk. You had to focus to walk straight, and everything was warmer than usual. You stumbled up some stairs and came out to the cool night wind on the battlements. Insects chirped, the stars twinkled.

You looked out over the courtyards of Skyglade castle, down to the outer wall and past that to Skyglade town itself, thatch roofs running down the broad main street, a warren of little alleys threading between the homes of your people. It was all you had ever known. Past the town lay the fields and farms of the valley, and beyond them the High Hart Forest, a flush of dark green cloaking the land, over the hills and up into the mountains.

It was a pleasant land that hadn't known a violent day since your father had been young.

Outside the town camp fires burned, the Sycamore encampment. 'A lot of men for a betrothal', your brother had said. 'Any word from Elm or Birch?' The words worried you, and you remembered the letter your father had burned, the troubled look on his face. The High King was dying, his heir would be a prince, maybe even your father. It had been peace since before you'd been born, could a war break out? You don't know.

"A nice night, eh Leif?"

You turned to see Doctor Treno amble up, smiling, cheeks red. The man was shorter than you, nearly spherical, and had a colossal nose that dominated his round face. He looked up at the stars.

"You know its said those stars are the source of Pokemon," he said, "That the first great Pokemon, that gave birth to all life on this world, came from a star. But if that were true, that would make humans another kind of Pokemon, and that doesn't seem right, does it?"

"I don't know," you said.

He smiled. "Oh, I'm just musing aloud, don't mind me," he leaned on the battlement, looking down on the castle grounds, "I think I spend too much time admiring the stars and not enough time admiring the earth. Isn't it beautiful? Good, rich, green earth. A shame if it were to go away, robbed in the night and gone in a second by some unpredictable calamity."

"Umm," you said.

"Oh!" he blinked, "Just doing some esoteric reading. It's full of vague apocalypses, scary stuff, but not scarier than reality, no."

"Like getting married, that's a scary thing," he said with a wink.

"You too, Doctor?" you moaned. He laughed.

There was a flutter, and a bird landed on the battlement. It wasn't a pidgey, or a zubat. The doctor blinked. "Oh?" he said, "That's a fletchinder. Fire birds, but you don't get them this far....west...."

His scrutiny turned into alarm, and he stared out of the town. You followed his look and gasped. Arcs of fire lifted up from the Sycamore camp, and began to fall upon the roofs of Skyglade town.
>>
I'm going to stop there and pick this up again tomorrow. Hope some of you guys are around.
>>
they brought many men because...
...they attacked us
...they have people after them who now caught up
...they falseflagged the previous option

They did bring quite generous gifts, maybe to get us more friendly and hep them, or because it doesn't matter and they get their stuff back if they fail.
I assume we don't get a bad end this early on.
I like intrigue so I assume option 3, our dad and bro dies and we ourselves become heir whom they think is more easily manipulatable, therefore everything's in their hands.
At this point we don't know what government type it is, or rather, how absolute this monarchy is.

But if they have the nobility of their own house and our house on their side power can be seized without causing much of a civil war with the other houses.

either they are indeed friendly and we need to use them as allies, or they think they can use us and once we rebel against their plan we are no longer useful to them.
So either way, we need to work together with them and make our interests align for the moment. We can only have revenge in the future if we are alive.
>>
>>3322347
Loving this so far OP
>>
>>3322515
It is pretty great, isn’t it?
>>
>>3322806
yup
>>
The stars were masked with smoke as Skyglade town burned. You stood with Doctor Treno on the battlements, breathing hard, weak kneed. The doctor had you by the arm, the round little man sweating despite the cool night.

"Come, come, we have to, we must," but he struggled with his words as he fumbled you up to your feet. You fought against a surge of sick in your guts, clamping a hand over your mouth. That's when the screaming started.

The doctor looked around frantically, pulling you by the arm. "I have to get to my laboratory," he said, "My work, we need to-"

The sound of boots on stone, swords being drawn. You turned to see your path blocked by a pair of Sycamore warriors, they're tunics marked with the sycamore tree.

"Is this the boy?" one said to the other.

"Looks like it is Reg," he said back. They had cruel smiles, swords raised.

"Good sirs, h-have you lost your senses?" the doctor said. Your hand flew to your dagger, but it was a small thing next to those long, pointed swords, and you were a small boy against those fighting men.

They laughed, a low menacing cackle as they approached, taking their time.

"This is it for House Oak," the one called Reg said, "With you out of the way, our prince will be High King."

"Madness!" spluttered Doctor Treno, staggering back, throwing his arm in front of you, "You must run, young master, run!"

"Ain't no where to run," the Sycamore warrior said, "Now be a good boy and die quiet or well-"

A slithering shape launched out of the night, jaws unlatched. The man lost his words to the serpent's mouth that enveloped his face, one last startled look as the arbok bit down, coiling its body around his neck, muffling his screams and ending his life in a crunch, breaking his neck.

"Reg!" the other raised his sword to swing but a shadow darted out from behind you, ducking low and rising up, driving their long, thin dagger up into the warrior's arm pit. The sword clattered out of stiff fingers as the man collapsed.

Kasumi drew her dagger out of his body, flicking off the blood. She wore green that was almost black, a loose top and loose pants that ended in toed boots. Her mouth was covered but her eyes smiled. Her arbok slithered off the dead warrior, coiling around her feet.

"Kasumi?" Doctor Treno gasped. She pulled down her mouth covering, let out a puff of exertion.

"Hey Doc, having fun?" she said with a salute, then looked to you. She dropped to a knee, head bowed. "We have to get you out of here, young prince."

Why was she kneeling to you? Why would she do that? Why did she call you a prince? Why was she dressed like that, and how could she kill so easily? The arbok beside her bowed its head as well.

"But my father, my brother," you said.

She shook her head. "There's no time, and I have orders to get you somewhere safe," she said. You'd never seen her as serious as she was now. "We have to flee."

>not without my family
>do as she says
>>
All this time I was using arbok when I meant ekans, goddammit.
>>
>>3323225
>not without my family
>>
>do as she says
>>
Going to need a tie-breaker vote or something
>>
Really liking this so far!
>>
>>3323267
Do as she says
>>
writing
>>
Your father wasn't stupid, and you always did your best to obey his wishes. You may have wanted to race to his side, to find him and your brother. You may have wanted it so bad it tore your heart in half, but you had your duty, and had to obey his orders. You choked on a sob as you nodded, tears welling in your eyes.

"Hey now, time enough for that later," Kasumi said, wiping away your tears. She looked to the doctor. "Are you coming with us, Doc?"

He fussed. "I-I must go to my tower, I'm sorry," he said, stumbling away.

Kasumi sighed. She picked up one of the swords and threw it to you. You'd learned a little swordplay, but not as much as you should have. The sword felt heavy and clumsy, you took it in both hands.

"Just stay behind me," she said with a confident grin.
-
Smoke billowed through the corridor, scratching your throat. Kasumi stayed ahead of you, no more than a few feet, her arbok behind you, its tail lashing in anger. Kasumi moved sharp and swiftly, no wasted movement, her face dead behind her mouth covering. You stepped over the dead body of a servant you had known all your life, your core trembling, threatening to collapse.

Shouts and screams of terror and pain, with brutal laughter, rang all around you.

You knew where you were going by the tapestries on the wall, toward the stables.

You turned a corner and heard the snap and snarl of dogs. A pair of houndooms ate something half roasted, pulling and snapping, tearing him open, wolfing him down. Houndmaster Scott, his herdiers dead around him. Vomit filled your mouth, the sound of your retch perked up their heads, their attention flicking to you. They growled, flame licking between their jaws.

Kasumi drew her dagger as the horned dogs barked, the pair launching toward you. The arbok behind you sprung forward with a hiss, its thick body flying past with jaws outstretched and fangs gleaming.

>duck for cover
>fight with them
>>
>>3323306
>fight with them
For Skyglade!
>>
>fight with them
>>
>>3323306
>fight with them
>>
writing
>>
"F-for Skyglade, for Oak!"

You raise your sword and scamper forward, rushing in with Kasumi and her arbok. The houdoom is so fast you barely see it move. It strikes you in the chest and the sword goes flying from your hands, the heavy paw pining you to the stone. You shudder up into its large, furious eyes, kicking under it. You hit the side of its head, grab its horn and try to pull it off. It shakes away your grip, drawing back to show bloody fangs.

You whimper as you reach out, blindly groping for something. Your fingers wrap the hilt of the sword and you let out a frightened animal noise as you swing the sword around as the houndoom's jaws snap.

It yelps at the pommel you bash into its eye, its jaws snapping around to sink into your arm. There's no other word for it but a squeal of pain as the teeth dig into the cloth of your shirt and tear into the flesh of your wrist.

"Lief!" Kasumi screams.

There's a flash. The houndoom's eyes widen in shock as its head comes away from its body. Wings buzz in front of your face as a green hide replaces the houndoom on your chest. The scyther snaps its dragon like jaws down at you before hopping off.

Ser Johann crouched next to his beast, stroking its muzzle.

Kasumi pulls you off the ground, wrapping you in a hug. "Don't be so stupid," she said, palming your cheek, breathing hard with relief and fear.

"You have the boy," Ser Johann said, "You almost lost him."

"Well good thing you're here then," she replied, letting you go. Her arbok constricted the life from the last houndoom.

"You should train with me more," he told you, voice gruff, face hard. You give a shaky pale nod. He forced the hilt of the sword into the palm of your hand, wrapped your fingers around it. "Don't drop it again," he ordered.

The eastern knight drew his own sword and you saw blood stains on the edge.

"Your father is dead," he said, and you lost your feet, knees buckling.

"Dammit Johann," Kasumi said, stooping to catch you.

"We need to get you somewhere safe," he continued, striding down the corridor past what was left of Houndmaster Scott.

"The stables," Kasumi said, helping you follow him. She murmured into your ear, "Time enough for grief later, just keep moving." You nodded, and found your feet, breaking away from her.

You found the stables, and in it four Sycamore warriors with a pair of raticate. Burr's rapidash lay dead, a spear through her neck, her flames winked out.

"Idiots, the boss wants their Pokemon alive!" one said to the rest. He turned and they saw you enter. "Oh hell," he said, the raticate leaping between them and your group.

Ser Johann and Kasumi sprung forward, their Pokemon by their side.

> stay back this time
> a son of Oak must fight
>>
>>3323350
>> stay back this time
>>
>>3323350
> a son of Oak must fight
>>
>>3323350
>stay back this time
>>
>>3323350
> stay back this time
>>
writing
>>
You stay back, your sword raised, watching.

Ser Johann ducks under a lunging raticate, his sword slicing it open, leaving it to spill open over the straw and muck, twitching its last on a bale of hay. Kasumi's arbok latches onto the next, pulping it with the coils of its body before scarfing it down, head tipping back to suck down its pulverized corpse.

The scyther is a flurry of blades that leaves a man in ribbons and Ser Johann is just as fast. Kasumi ducks and parries the thrust of a spear, getting past the point and grabbing the shaft, turning her body to pull the warrior forward onto the point of her dagger. Ser Johann cuts his way through the last two with terrifying ease, and you stand alone among the dead Sycamore, your companions huffing and puffing. You felt numb, almost blind to the violent aftermath around you.

Ser Johann scowls at the dead rapidash in its stall. "Damn them, that was our escape," he snarled. He punched a wooden beam, shaking loose hay from overhead.

"We can't stay here," Kasumi said, looking around. Her arbok burped on the raticate meal.

"You know a secret exit?" he snapped. She nodded.

"But you won't like it, it's back the way we came," she said.

Johann shook his head. "We need to get the prince to safety. I won't risk it. We'll break through the town. With night and confusion we can slip through a side gate."

"This way is safer, trust me," she said, but she shook her head at the sight of his stubborn glare, "What about you, Lief? What do you want to do?"

"What would he know?" Ser Johann growled. She shot him a sharp look.

> go with Ser Johann's plan
> go with Kasumi's plan
>>
>>3323380
>> go with Kasumi's plan
>>
>>3323380
>> go with Kasumi's pla
>>
>>3323380
>go with Kasumi's plan
>>
>>3323384
Second
>>
writing
>>
"Kasumi," you say, "Can you get us out?"

"Of course I can!" she grinned, "Just follow me."

Ser Johann's jaw clenched, but he he didn't say anything.

"It will be as the young prince commands," he said.

For Johann to talk like that meant your father must really be dead, and your brother too. You wondered about Abigail and her baby, but with the way things were tonight you didn't think about them for long. Nothing good could have happened to them. You follow Kasumi back to the corridor where Houndmaster Scott lay, Ser Johann and his scyther behind you...
-
I have to go out for a few hours, but I'll keep writing when I get back. Hope you guys are enjoying this.
>>
>>3323406
Cheers op first pokemon qst ive gotten invested in.
>>
>>3323380
Ekans. Not Arbok. You already realized the mistake, stop making it.
>>
>>3323528
I'm just rolling with it being an arbok now

Back and writing
>>
>>3323609
If we're going by manga rules arbok have god damn magic powers so that may not be too bad
>>
>>3323639
Well no. That was specifically *Koga's* Arbok, wasn't it?
>>
Kasumi lead the way back through the castle. The shouting and the screams were beginning to drift away, which filled you with a deeper sense of dread. You passed the bodies of men and women you'd known all your life, not daring to look too closely for fear of who you would see among the dead. Your brother's fearow lay riddled with arrows, long neck outstretched, but without your brother. The bodies of Sycamore warriors lay around it. A dark part of you was glad, Oak doesn't fall gently.

The tapestries told you it was near the women's solar. Kasumi raised two fingers, drawing her dagger. The sound of sobs reached you soon after.

Violet Sycamore stood with a guard, Ser Garrow. She wept, her hard faced bodyguard holding her back, trying to pull something from her arms.

"You can't let them, this is wrong, this is all so wrong!" she implored.

"The beast belongs to your brother," he said, "And it'll make your father High King one day, so give it over."

"I won't let you hurt another innocent!" and she stamped his foot, pulling the thing back as he scowled. The charmander squirmed in her arms, tossing around in fear, crying. Ser Garrow slapped her across the cheek and she fell, the charmander flying out of her hands.

"I'm sorry my lady, but you're trying my patience," he said, bending to grab the charmander by the tail. They hadn't seen you yet. Kasumi had her back to the wall and motioned for you to do the same. Let them leave and never know you were there.

Violet wept into her hands as the charmander dangled from Ser Garrow's fist.

>stay still, stay silent
>intervene
>>
>>3323639
I've never read the manga.
>>
>>3323643
nope remember the Elite Four's arbok could change the patterns on her arbok in order for it to change what it was good at which shows it's just a rare thing
>>
File: special.png (549 KB, 876x563)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>3323649
You should it's fun but kinda hard to find good scans for it sometimes
>>
>>3323647
>>stay still, stay silent
Well you should keep in mind how big an Arbok actually is OP. Just saying.
>>
>>3323647
Goddamnit, neither Violet or the Charmander deserve this. I'm gonna regret this, but...
>>intervene
There going to be a DC for this?
>>
>>3323662
Pokemon do have a ridiculous sense of scale. I'm going to justify it by saying this is still a young arbok that evolved from an undersized ekans
>>
>>3323647
>>intervene
>>
writing
>>
You rushed out with your sword.

"Let him go," you swung your sword, striking Ser Garrow on the forearm. He snarled and the charmander dropped from his grip, drawing his fist to his chest. He turned, drawing his sword.

He grinned through the pain. "The last Oak prince, good. You'll join your father and brother." You raised up your sword. He slashed the air. "I'll give you this, you Oaks are a brave lot."

He swung and you blocked his blow. A burst of flame had Garrow jump back, slapping at his chest. The charmander stood beside you, arms wide, expression stern and chest heaving, flame licking out from its mouth. It gave a high pitched growl.

"Dammit Leif," Ser Johann said, sword drawn with his scyther standing beside him, Kasumi and her small arbok on the other side. Kasumi grinned.

Garrow swiped his blade, his tunic smouldering. "We'll have your head soon enough, princeling," he said, "House Oak is finished."

He eyed the way behind him, looking for somewhere to run.

>let him run
>kill him
>>
>>3323710
>kill him
>>
writing
>>
>>3323710
>>3323730
Are we gonna vomit/wretch after our first kill?
>>
>>3323730
Or would we already be past that stage after witnessing what we did? I wish other anons would give their input.
>>
He turned to run but you were chasing him. Your swing was clumsy, it fell over his back and the shock ran up your arms. He jerked up, stiff, and collapsed face forward, face crunching on the stone. You huffed looking down on the body.

You looked down. What were you supposed to feel? Good that you had killed a Sycamore? You didn't feel good, you felt ill and tired, and terrified and heart sick. Your brother and father were dead, and killing him hadn't changed that. This was the first man you'd killed, would it be the last? You didn't have time to ponder it.

Blood dripped from the edge of the sword.

Ser Johann came up beside you, handing you a cloth. "Clean your blade," he said.

You nodded, sweating. Taking the cloth you ran it over the bloody edge. Blood was stickier than you'd expected. Your hands shook.

"Are you okay?" Kasumi asked. You nodded.

The charmander waddled up to you, frowning. You reached out a hand and placed it on the top of its head. It pushed against your hands, eyes closed, making a soft trilling sound.

Then you all looked to Violet. Ser Johann pointed his sword at her.

"Why are you here and why shouldn't I kill you?" he snapped, bitter with hate.

She drew back to the wall, chin high. "I couldn't let them get away with it," she said, "I couldn't let them hurt any more innocents, my family. I-I'm sorry."

"Spare the apology unless you'll make it in blood," the knight spat.

"I didn't know, I wasn't told the plan," she sobbed, "I'm so sorry Lief."

"Don't you dare talk to the prince," Johann growled.

"Johann, easy," Kasumi said.

"Every Sycamore is a seviper, no matter how pretty or tearful," he said.

"Johann, stop," you said, a hand to his arm. He glared down at you, then the glare turned to something flooded with pain and sorrow. He snapped back and sheathed his sword.

You looked to Violet. Your betrothed-no-longer wore an agony that matched your soul.

"I'm so sorry Leif," she said, tears running from her large eyes.

>I can never forgive you
>It's not your fault
>>
>>3323768
>>It's not your fault
>>
>>3323768
>It's not your fault
Her demeanor was nothing like her father's and she maintained it outside of our presence as well. She got screwed over just as hard as us. Also FUCK YEAH, we got our first Poogymin!
>>
writing
>>
>>3323805
And we got it at the low low cost of our friends, family, and lands! Truly a steal for such an exotic ‘mon IMO
>>
You looked at her. She had the Sycamore face, the purple hair and large eyes, the same fine bone structure as her brother and uncle. She had the Sycamore look. But you didn't hate her, you couldn't. Her tears were genuine, her grief. She was as much a victim as you were.

"It's not your fault," you said.

Her mouth went small and she went pale worse than if you had struck her.

"You would have been a good husband, we would have been happy," she said. She kissed your cheek. "Go, get away and live. I'm begging you to live, my prince."

She dropped to her knees and kissed the charmander next. And then popped up to her feet.

"I-I'll tell them you ran the other way, but you have to go," she said.

Kasumi gripped your shoulder. "Follow me, my prince," she said. She led you away, and you gave Violet one last look. She would have been a good wife, you though.

It was behind the statue of your grandmother, a hidden passage, stone steps leading down into the dark. Kasumi led the way. The light of the charmander's tail lit the steps in front of you. Down into a wet and murky darkness, the walls giving away from carved stone to slick rock, a cave. You walked for you don't know how long, the stone steps turning to slimy wet rocks, evening out.

You heard zubats chittering above. A thin stream trickled under your feet. You lost sight of Kasumi but heard the arbok slithering up ahead. Ser Johann stomped behind you.

You tried not to cry. The best you managed was not to sob, your cheeks running wet and vision blurry, sniffing. Your family was dead and your home was lost, and you had no idea what was to become of you. Your world had ended in fear and smoke.

You heard the rush of water, and stumbled against Kasumi. A branch of the Marigold River, a thin one, easy to cross, it ran out into the woods of High Hart forest.

Your bodyguards stood at the mouth of the cave, looking out to the dark woods.

"What next?" Kasumi asked.

"You get the prince somewhere safe," Johann said, "I mean to head back, take as many Sycamore heads as I can."

He had a look of doom upon him, the blades of his scyther shining by the light of your charmander's flame.

>Come with us
>Let him go
>>
File: 1550347213084.jpg (241 KB, 950x1415)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>3323866
You shut your whore mouth, I'm trying to look on bright side.
>>
>>3323874
>Come with us

>>3323876
The bright side is the Sycamores’ holdings burning like so much chaff
>>
>>3323874
>>Come with us
There will be time for that later.
By the way nice touch with the grandmother statue OP.
>>
>>3323874
>Come with us
>>
writing
>>
"Come with us," you said, "We'd be safer with you."

Ser Johann flinched, grip on his hilt as tight as his clenched jaw. The tension in his body made his scyther buzz.

You straightened, trying to put some grown-up in your voice. "Johann, I'm ordering you as your prince to come with us," you said.

His jaw unclenched, his grip relaxed. He looked ashamed, miserable, beaten. He nodded.

He looked to Kasumi and she nodded too. Together they knelt in front of you in the mouth of the cave, beside the gushing river, hands over their hearts. They spoke in unison an oath you had witnessed given to your father.

"I swear to serve you, Prince Lief of House Oak, until my bones are broken and my blood is spent. I swear to serve you to my last dying thought. You are mine and I am yours. This I swear by iron and blood!"

They rose.

"Now let's get out of here," Kasumi said.
-
It was near dawn and you were in the depths of High Hart forest, your charmander snuggled in your lap, sleeping deeply as you stroked its back, the light of its tail keeping you warm. Your back was to an oak tree, its branches high and roots deep. Who had lived and who had died? You couldn't know. Had Reeve and Karl, and Jessica, had they been spared or suffered the same fate as your family? You didn't think Sycamore would let Abigail live. What about Doctor Treno and Master Cayman, and all the people of your House that weren't warriors? You hoped they lived but doubted it.

The darkness you felt was deeper than the darkness around you. You were a fugitive in your own lands, a boy prince of a fallen House. The charmander yawned in his sleep.

Kasumi whittled something, humming away. It occurred to you she wasn't so much older than you. How was she handling it so well? Even Johann, who you thought of as very old, was only a little older than your brother Burr.

And it was that thought you realized truly that you would never see Burr again, and uncontrollable sobbing pumped out of you, sobbing that you hated, that tore at you, threatened to turn into a wail.

The charmander picked up his head and nuzzled against your chest. You hugged him tight as your body wracked with sobs.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," you bubbled through the sobs.

Kasumi was beside you, stroking your hair. "It's okay, hey, you're okay," she said, hugging you the way you hugged your charmander.

As deep as your grief was you couldn't keep crying, you were drained and sick when the sunlight found you, eyes red and face pale. You twitched.

"I was a little younger than you," Johann spoke from the hood of his red cloak, "When my people were killed. In Ostarbor."
>>
>>3324043
You looked to him but he wasn't looking at you. "We were nomads, we had no land, we moved with the sawsbuck herds. The people of Ostarbor didn't trust us. We were blamed for everything. Missing children, missing spoons, crop failures. It was always us. Then one day our caravan was attacked. My family were killed, the children taken as slaves. I wound up a gladiator in the fighting pits. Your brother found me there on his quest. Did he ever tell you?" You shook your head. He almost smiled. "I was the champion of the arena. I killed anyone sent against me, until your brother. He convinced me to trust him, that we could escape together. He told me of his home, Skyglade I believed him. We broke out, finished his quest together. And when we came home, your father made me a knight. A pit-fighter, a slave, made a knight. Only an Oak would do that. Only an Oak would be so generous. Your father and brother gave me back something I had lost. Not my honor, no. They gave me back a home, a family."

"We were refugees from Johto," Kasumi said, "My father had broken sacred law and was banished on pain of death. No one trusted us. We were spat at, driven away, cheated. Until we met your father. He gave us sanctuary when no one else would."

"Why are you telling me this?" you asked.

"Because, my prince, your father might be dead but his name won't be forgotten. He was a well loved man. You won't be alone in wanting revenge.," Ser Johann said.

"Who though?" you asked, "Who can stand up to Sycamore? Who would help me? I'm just a boy,"

"We have a saying in Johto," Kasumi said, "A charmander grows into a charizard."

You hugged your charmander close.

"Rest for now, my prince," Kasumi said, "We'll figure our next move after you've slept."

You nod, and as you nod you feel just how heavy your eyes are. You lolled forward, disappearing into sleep....
-
taking a short break

let me know what you think. might post some setting stuff before the next update so your decisions can be more informed.
>>
>>3324046
I'm curious as to where this will go next. I also wanted to know if these are set choices or will there be a random factor introduced later?
>>
>>3324105
Like dice rolls? I don't know. I wasn't planning on it. Is there a good way to use dice in a quest format?
>>
>>3324046
Decent. "A charmander grows into a charizard" was way too on the nose. Posts are a bit short. You'd benefit from pictures. More options would be better, and the opportunity to roll to influence decisions would make it feel more like a quest and less like a CYOA.
>>
>>3324046
I have a feeling you'll be making a timeskip at some point, i'm curious to see how this revenge quest will play out, reminds me a little bit of fable. Also interested in the Ninja. Dice would be neat to occasionally help shape what's going on in the quest, don't worship the dice to hard though, just because a 1 is rolled doesn't mean everyone has to die, same for 100.
>>
>>3324125
There's a bo3 (only first three people that roll on the same choice counted, 1s override anything but the maximum) style, but take >>3324155's advice as well. BO3 might not be the best, given how inconsistent the player count is, though.
>>
>>3324125
Also >>3324143; it doesn't have to be for every decision, it could just be for ones that you deem would typically have a chance for failure.
>>
Just some setting notes:

The kingdom of Arbor is broadly split into four spheres of influence.

House Oak dominates the west (or did), House Sycamore dominates the west, House Rowan dominates the north and House Elm dominates the south. The Royal House, House Redwood, has its capital in the north surrounded by Rowan land. Due to its location close to the capital, House Rowan's power is more political than military, and its theoretically the weakest of the four major families.

Caught between the major Houses are smaller land owners like House Birch, Juniper, Conifer, etc, and beneath them are the smaller 'flower houses' like Blossom, Ivy, Rose, and Thorn. Most knights come from flower houses.

Each region has access to different kinds of Pokemon. Generally speaking a noble will have at least one Pokemon. Since there aren't any pokeballs yet, having a tame pokemon is important, and having something like an onix is a massive deal. All the artificial pokemon, like porygon, voltorb etc, don't exist yet. Most noble ladies have things like eevees and vulpixes, 'lapdog' kind of pokemon, and most noble houses breed some kind of fighting Pokemon. The nidoking of House Sycamore is the result of a long breeding program to make the biggest nidoking possible.

Most noble houses favor one kind of Pokemon over others. For Sycamore its generally poison and dark types. House Oak had a number of fire type Pokemon, but its not a fast rule.

The kingdom of Arbor just straight up doesn't have some types of Pokemon. I'm building up a region list at the moment and will post it at some point in the future. I'm trying to include something from every generation. But because there aren't any pokeballs, you can't just go and collect Pokemon like they're....Pokemon. It's more like a possible monster encounter table.
>>
>>3324212
>House Sycamore dominates the west
east, dur.

Arbor is on relatively good terms with Ostarbor, who have a similar West European culture to Arbor, but practice slavery and have local nomadic cultures.

Arbor spends a lot of time at war with Djabeer. A lot of House Elm's land used to be Djabeer territory, which used to be Arbor territory, which used to be...you get the point. People from South Arbor are generally darker skinned than everyone else. Slavine keeps to itself and likes it that way. Its obvious that Djabeer is Arabian Nights and Slavine is Eastern European.
>>
Okay, I'll add the occasional dice roll for risky decisions
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxeiH5q3Dlw

back, writing
>>
"We need to know what we're going to do," Kasumi said, "Our next move has to be careful. Sycamore will move quickly, they'll move against your father's friends, send search parties into the mountains and forests to find us. We're hunted beasts now, and we may never be safe again."

"House Birch might take us in," Johann suggested, "They will want to avenge House Oak as much as we do."

"Even if they are loyal they're a small House. It could be a stopping point, but we can't stay there indefinitely. It's the obvious move, so House Sycamore won't be far behind us, and Birch can't hold out long against them."

"What do you suggest then, that we skulk in the woods like wild Pokemon?" the knight snarled.

"Not the woods, no," she said, then looked north, "The mountains are wild and outside anyone's control, and there are people up there. Free people who live by their own rules."

"Vagabonds and bandits," the knight grumped, crossing his arms.

"Sounds like us, no?" she said.

"I say we head to Alcorn, the seat of House Birch, and figure out what to do from there," he said.

Kasumi sighed. "Ultimately, it's not up to us. What do you want to do?" your retainers looked to you, expectant.

What to do, to head to the lands of your sister-in-law, or risk the wild ranges of the Tyran Mountains?

>Alcorn
>Mountains
>>
>>3324374
>Alcorn
An obvious move, but ultimately a safe one so long as we’re quick in and quicker out
>>
>>3324374
>>Mountains
>>
>>3324374
>Alcorn
This is starting to feel like one of my Japanese SRPGs.
>>
>>3324374
Mountains
>>
writing
>>
You didn't want to drag any more of your friends into this. The last thing you wanted was more blood spilled then was necessary. The mountains were wild, dangerous, untamed. It was said the people up there were as wild as the most savage Pokemon, and none of them were your friends, none of them were family. If Sycamore chased you up there, they would also have to deal with the same problems.

"The mountains," you said with a firm nod.

"And from there, what?" Ser Johann said, "The Tyran mountains run all the way to the coast, past that the Dratini Sea, and they run east to the heartland plains. They aren't a mountain range. They're a maze, teeming with monster."

"I remember my geography lessons, thank you Doctor Treno," you said. Johann tried not to scowl. "If its a maze its a place for my enemies to get lost in, if its dangerous its a place for them to die. It sounds like a good home, good enough for now."

"And what those bandits will do to you if they find out who you are...." Ser Johann warned.

"Which is why I have you and Kasumi, and your scyther, to help me," you said.

"We won't fail you," Kasumi said. "Won't we?" she shot at Johann.

He tucked his chin. "As the young prince commands," he said.

Your charmander sat up in your lap, bright eyes on you. He was a tender little thing. Strange to think that one day it would be something as large and terrifying as a charizard. You stroked his head. "And I'll take care of you, little one," you said, rubbing it under the chin.

You looked up to the mountains, its tall blue peaks, its green forested slopes. Up in the mountains where your destiny lay.
-
It began in fire and betrayal. The end of House Oak, slaughtered by House Sycamore, sends a trumpet call across the land. There would be no peace. A time of war has arrived, a time of strife and ruin. The War for the Crown had begun....
-
Stopping there. I'll pick this up next week. There will be a time skip, but you guys will decide how Leif spent his time during it. Hope you guys show up.
>>
>>3324503
How big is the timeskip going to be, though? Are we going to start back up when we reach the foot of the mountains?
>>
>>3324503
I'm thinking a mix of sword techniques and Ninja hit and run/stealth attacks. Hope to see you next week OP.
>>
Ok. Let's go get some badass not Muslims, convince them we're the messiah, and ride some... Onix back home and get this revenge underway!
>>
>>3324558
You saying there can't be Muslims in the mountains? Fine. But I demand riding Onix right up Sycamores asshole. Maybe a Steelix for us.
>>
>>3324541
For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!
>>
>>3324541
the spice must flow
>>
>>3324503
just woke up and the quest is over, we should have kidnapped Violett.

>how to spend time
try to tame some Pokémon
Zubat is super common and I love me my confuse ray early on and Crobat holds up higher than Charizard in terms of viability late game. I think it would be a good investment.
depending on the mountains, I wouldn't say no to a good Dugtrio either and Pidgeot is always an option too.

But I never played a Pokémon quest before.
>>
>>3324648
I think taming an ekans, seviper or some other sorta snake pokemon like Kasumi would be neat.
>>
Larvitar or we riot!
>>
This is great OP, keep it up. As far as dice rolls go, I'd use them for loot and noncombat stuff for sure.

Combat rolls are a bit weird, because they turn even the best solutions into gambles, which imo is stupid and removes player creativity from the situation. I might use them for risky 50/50 maneuvers, but the rest of the time, just use your own sense of how the battle should go/what strategies would work. As long as you don't make the protagonist a Gary Sue and ensure that his victories are hard fought, I think there's not really a need for dice rolling.
>>
>>3324648
I agree that we should tame pokemon, but we have to keep in mind the pokemon we choose will affect our personality. We should pick pokemon that will positively affect our personality. Taming a snake pokemon will make us craftier, but also less empathetic, which I think is antithetical to our position as an Oak. IMO we should try to find a pokemon that makes us smarter or more loyal. Charmander will provide strength in spades, and besides, battles in this are probably(hopefully) going to be more like the anime than the game, so in-game powerlevels probably don't matter too much vs our own intelligence and bond with our pokemon.
>>
>>3325099
We ought to find fighting, steel, and/or dragon types to bond with, I think.
>>
Would we have to archive this soon or chan this still be run after a week before then?
>>
>>3326171
This board is pretty slow. In my experience, this thread shouldn't archive for a couple weeks minimum. However, by that point, it's going to have slipped quite far down the board, meaning very few new people will find it. With that in mind, I would recommend that OP start a new thread.
>>
>>3326242
maybe we manage to keep it bumped before hitting autosage
>>
>>3327566
bump away then I guess.

also i'm glad I found this, looks like a good quest. Hoping to see Garchomp and his line around and about, same with Luxray.
>>
>>3327893
>Garchomp
That better be opposite sex to our (future) Charizard, otherwise I don't find that panning out well.
>>
I would request of QM to post pokemon pics of stuff he writes because, while I memorized a lot of pokemon names in german, I barely know the first 250 in english
>>
>>3328093
Problem: we're headed towards the mountains so, unless we're stopping by some grasslands along the way, we're probably not going to run into any electric rodents.
>>
>>3328100
we might run into a Helioptile or two, which would do the same thing and lives in rocky/low water terrain
>>
>>3328093
>pikachu
there are too few good electric types in gen 1
QM will probably not spare a wild Zapdos or endow us with an Eevee or a thunderstone(?) to get a Jolteon

but I think these speculations are unnecessary right now until we know how QM runs his quest
we encounter the pokemon we encounter and then decide if we want them. the only ones we can encounter and were of interest so far are Pidgey and Zubat
>>
>>3328110
>>3328108
frankly gen 1 is a shitty place to get most types of pokemon. you have to look later. Especially for less mundane types.

As for whether helioptile is cool, he probably isn't, but his evolution makes raichu look like a bad joke
>>
>>3328121
yeah, but pikachu is a meme
>>
>>3328121
This is what the helioptile > heliolisk line looks like, the big one can flare that thing around its neck up like a frill neck lizard
>>
>>3328131
Eh, they honestly look more interesting to me than pikachu who's basically two spheres mashed together.

I mentioned them because they fill the small/electric niche while also living in the sort of place we're going - in game you find them in a rocky area up a mountain.
>>
>>3328142
you say that like there'd be anything around that could actually use that electricity in the slightest. just having electricity is useless by itself and we're no inventors.

In answer to the question, no idea but probably comparable.

One other thing i'm interested in seeing in the mountains is either Staraptor and their line or Rufflet/Braviary
>>
>>3328137
Helioptile also has more utility, what with it being a walking flashlight.

GRANTED, we don't know this as a character so keep that in mind; let's not try to metagame.
>>
>>3328168
So far i'm just mentioning pokemon i'm personally fond of that also tend to live in the sort of place we're going. My personal likes and me playing the character are two different things, but we'll get to that when the thread kicks off again (provided i'm awake).

In other news, which pokemon are you others hoping to see?
>>
>>3328180
>>3328142
>>3328110

You're a little idiot and a genwunner to boot, your opinions are worthless.
>>
>>3328174
I'm hoping to find us an Absol, not just because it's my favorite Pokemon but because they live in mountains. The problem is that we live in medieval times, which are superstitious, and that might prove troublesome if the dex entries are to go by.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (82 KB, 777x741)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I just remembered one pokemon that'd be pretty dope to find.
>>
>>3328209
It might perhaps be more probable that we'll see his less man-made-construct-reliant cousin Roggenrola
>>
>>3328217
Aron aren't dependent on humans to survive, they have just adapted to modern society. Their regular diet is ore, they've just started eating cars and buildings and shit because they can.

Roggenrola is Geodude's "cousin." The Aggron and Tyranitar line are counterparts.
>>
As we're in medieval times, investing time to search out a steel type would give us a hard superiority, especially against Sycamores if they adhere to the Poison typing. Steel, if we go by game logic, utterly shits on poisons, and if we can get an Aron, Bronzor, or Skarmory we might hold a real power against the enemy typings.

Since we won't really be catching a whole ton and taming them, I'd say we come up with a proper plan first and foremost about building our own personal power up, then seeking political agreements and social links and stuff like that.
>>
>>3328963
We wouldn't know of any of this, afaik, we might have to ask the others about what exactly is in the mountains before moving forward.
>>
>>3329143
I know it would be out of character, but it's worth pursuing, given the chance
>>
File: METADAB.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>3328963
1.GET
2.GET A METAGROSS
3.USE YOUR INVINCIBLE PSYCHIC TANK MONSTER WITH 100% GALAXY BRAIN TO STOMP EVERYONE
4.??????
5.PROFIT
>>
>>3329446
oops I meant to say get 4 bellums for step 1
>>
>>3329450
>>3329446
Unfortunately, technology based pokemon do not yet exist and i'm pretty sure a pokemon built out of a series of supercomputers counts. RIP metagross
>>
>>3330049
no, they're smarter than supercomputers, not MADE of them
>>
>>3330056
Regardless, the biology entries for all three of the line hold them to be robotic, which means it probably ain't happening barring time travel bullshit (which is possible, but unlikely)
>>
Probably not a good idea to use game stats to make decisions. For the most part I'll be using the lore and stuff where I can, but a lot of the quest is me doing my own thing. Pokemon in both the game and the show have always had a really wacky sense of scale. Wailord is over 45 feet in size, charizard is under six foot, for instance.
>>
>>3330462
My ID changed
>>
>>3328100
A pack of Luxio and Luxray might have some shinx we can steal, they're small enough at starting out, but will become a wolf eventually.

Vikavolt would be awesome, but rock types would destroy us
>>
File: mega swampert.png (347 KB, 600x480)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>3328963
if we can get another starterunlikely, considering Charmander is super rare a mudkip would body nidoking after it evolves.

Alolan Sandslash would be great too, hopefully we go above the snowline when we're in the mountains
>>
>>3330583
oh I'm absolutely on board with getting a mudkip, I unfortunately didn't start with Yellow/Blue/Red and instead had Gold, but Feraligatr and Swampert proved to me that water starters were fantastic. Given Swampert's tendancy to have powerful heavy hitting physical and special attacks that decimate just about half of what you'd go against, I'm all the way with this
>>
>>3330876
>>3330583
on the topic of water starters, it's unlikely but if we could source a Piplup, Empoleon fits both the steel and the water aspect while also being kingly and personally very powerful.
>>
>>3330945
If we can't get a starter, Clauncher is basically a sentient glock. We could probably set up some kind of bracer for it to latch onto and be Megaman.
>>
>>3330945
>>3330960
if we can, let's search for something like a tympole, poliwag, or corphish.

I would also for sure accept a Spheal, shellos, or even a Mareanie, but these are unlikely because the region doesn't seem to fit.
>>
>>3330973
maybe we could bump into a Snorunt or two, they're mountain dwellers in the cold. Ditto on Snover and Sneasal
>>
>>3331018
I'm absolutely down with getting a Snorunt and Snover. Considering the fact that we're in a place where there's lots of lakes, forests, and "twisting mountain ranges", we can expect to come across a good number of water, grass, and rock types, maybe even a solid flying type up towards the higher mountains, as that would be the place to roost and nest
>>
>>3331041
I mean, the supreme bird for me has gotta be Braviary. Maybe skamory. Who else would be relevant?
>>
>>3331061
fearow, murkrow, Xatu, possibly Tropius. if we go somewhere a bit more exotic, maybe even pikipek for a sweet sweet toucannon
>>
>>3331061
I mean these as just flying typings
>>
Holy shit. Let's just focus on getting to the mountains and seeing what's there. There's no point in listing off Pokemon when we have no idea their availability. We can't plan for a team, we need to see what we can get, and that makes all of this pointless.
>>
>>3331113
see >>3327566
and please remain silent
>>
>>3331115
Yeah nah. Discussion could be literally anything else. Saying "we should get THIS pokemon because it's my favorite" for a full day accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>3331127
Then instead of being a miserable failure, ask a fucking question instead of >>3331113 that pile of drivel. Direct, don't fucking complain. Real basic shit.
>>
>>3331127
man, we can have posts up to 1k in this one single thread, what's the rush? This is just speculation anyways, we won't really know what's in store til it happens. No harm in chatting among ourselves til then.
>>
>>3331127
>Anonymous (ID: A2VFSkP3) 03/07/19(Thu)10:45:42 No.3325204▶
>>>3325099
>We ought to find fighting, steel, and/or dragon types to bond with, I think.

>> Anonymous (ID: A2VFSkP3) 03/07/19(Thu)10:45:42 No.3325204▶
>>3325099
We ought to find fighting, steel, and/or dragon types to bond with, I think.

doesn't help your case when you're doing the very same thing earlier
>>
>>3331155
I'm talking about good types in general, and briefly. I'm not spending all day picking specific, implausible choices.
>>
>>3331159
You really haven't endeared yourself to anyone here in the slightest have you?

The point here is that we were having a discussion over personal hopes, likes and things we want to see. This bumps the thread. Then you come in like a 6 year old brat and start whining. Grow the fuck up and if you want to see something else talked about, talk about it.
>>
>>3331167
"i wanna get a venonat cause venonat is real cool and i used one in my game of red which is the best one and he was real strong"

Who the fuck is the six year old here, exactly.
>>
>>3331113
So anon, do you wanna live in a cave or a house made of sticks and mud? We could always just skip roofs and just do the old sleeping bag by the fire routine.
>>
>>3331285
I'm sorry i'd love to see precisely where I said that, including the named game I mentioned the pokemon was found and that quoted wording. Go on, i'll wait.
>>
>>3330945
Empoleon would be perfect, if we could find one. Literally the only one better that I can think of would be an Aegislash.
>>3331285
We’re literally just bullshitting while we wait for op to come back you absolute mong, this discussion only helps the thread. Until the quest starts up, there’s no harm in having a friendly discussion, so shut the fuck up if you have nothing to contribute.
>>
>>3332265
Finding an Empoleon, let alone a Piplup, in the mountains is extremely unlikely and Honedge might only pop up around battlefields.
>>
>>3332265
You also have nothing to contribute. None of this is beneficial, holy shit.

>>3331297
We're going to have to start out with a cave. Clear it of anything residing inside. Don't think we have any sleeping bags, and anything more than a lean-to would take time we don't have. Plus a fixed structure like that is evidence of our trail, or at least, of A trail.
>>
File: vaguely peeved.png (254 KB, 401x455)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
OP will surely deliver
>>
File: 1544656076900.png (277 KB, 500x339)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>3336345
Only 4 (four)more days, anon.
>>
>>3336351
fucker should create a twitter so we can actually track his runtimes rather than sacrificing a goat to the gods and praying.
>>
>>3336345
faith!
>>
File: 1549334686980.png (60 KB, 300x279)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
3 more days...
>>
>>3340169
but those 22 hours inactivity made us go autosage
>>
>>3340189
fug
I blame that faggot that complained about speculation.
>>
>>3340189
>>3340230
>Not sorting by last reply so autosage doesn't matter
>>
>>3340314
Last reply patricians stand up
>>
>>3340314
I use thread watcher & on qst I sort by creation date
>>
>>3340738

new thread
>>
>>3321509
>Quests with very young protagonists don't seem to last very long around here.
Unless its a girl
>>
tomorrow
>>
Last post lol

HAH Got'em

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.