[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

Darkness and decay. The maintenance drones must either be busy or malfunctioning.

>WARNING: CRITICAL MALFUNCTION. INITIATING EMERGENCY STANDBY

Oh, that’s unfortunate. Hopefully your masters will return soo-

Darkness and decay. The maintenance drones must be damaged or preoccupied with something else.

The room shakes beyond. Hmm, maybe the masters are having a party? Last I heard something bad was happening, so maybe it has passed.

>>WARNING: CRITICAL MALFUNCTION. INITIATING EMERGENCY STANDBY.

Oh bother. Well hopefully the masters will come down once they’ve had the-

Darkness and decay. The maintenance drones must be...oh wait, there’s some light.

You watch as rubble and the hardened concrete is slowly moved aside. Some small amount of light pours in, and through the new opening a tiny starved creature slips in. It is starved and moves like a rat, scurrying and searching for something. It had clothes, so perhaps it’s one of the masters pets they decided to dress up. Though judging from the dirt and other stains it had, it must have ran away. Poor thing. It carried a bag, how cute.

>>Shoo the creature away?

>>Beckon the creature to you?

>>Try to exterminate the creature?

>>Try to call out for the masters?

>>Other?
>>
>>3255981
>>Try to exterminate the creature?
>>
>>3255987
Despite how cute he creature was, it was still a pest and the masters were very strict on pets in your part of the colony. As it rummaged in a knocked over locker, cleverly opening the lock with a rock surprisingly, you went over the various thing you had to solve this issue.

Hmm, toxic gas was out. The ventilation system seemed totally non-existent now. You should put in a notice for that.

Remote drones were not available either. They were apparently all disabled, destroyed even according to what little info there was. Which made no sense cause just yesterday you made sure the drones were at maximum efficiency. Another glitch.

The creature pulled out a bright red scarf, belonging to one of the masters that regularly visited you to go over whatever problem the masters wanted your help with. You felt a little agitated as the rat like creature wrapped it around their neck and continued their rummaging, releasing rhythmic sounds. Such an odd pest.

Ah, there we go. There seemed to be an outdated EEA nearby. It was a little crude and would likely startle some of the masters, but that would be fine. They’ll understand.

>>Call the EEA to you?

>>Try to scare off the creature before attempting to exterminate it?

>>Other?
>>
>>3255981
>Try to examine the creature
>Beckon it towards you.
>>
>>3255981
>Beckon the creature to you?
>>
>>3255999
>>Call the EEA to you?
>>
>>3256002
Supportan
>>
>>3256002
>>3256007
>>3256029
Knowing you had the option to exterminate the creature, you decided to be merciful like your masters would be. Activating your vox systems, which was surprisingly difficult, you spoke out as you thought of the words you would give the master in charge of the maintenance drones.

You let out a whistle at first, causing the creature to jump and spin it’s head left to right, before you spoke “Come on, come here little creature.” You say, followed by another whistle.

The creature looked intensely frightened, taking off the scarf and putting on the dirty ground gently “I’m sorry! I didn’t know someone lived here. I wasn’t stealing, so please don’t be mad!”

Oh, it could speak. Could speak the masters language at that. Must be a xeno then. You remember there were xenos that looked like the masters. Aeldarri you believe they called themselves. Known for the grace, beauty, and the deviation of the human form through their pointed ears, they were quite popular for the more aesthetically starved masters, despite the healthy distance humanity kept from them. This one must have been born wrong, cause it was clumsy and seemed ugly in comparison. They were close to your masters, but dirt and the way they held themselves assured you that the masters were still more beautiful physically.

“Oh you can speak. Wonderful, tell me Aeldari, where is the master taking care of you?” You day, watching the creatures eyes move around before resting on you with shock “No doubt you were saved from your hedonistic and quite vile race by one of my masters, in their benevolent grandeur.” You say, feeling pride in your masters as the lowly creature stepped closer.

“W-What’s an Eldary?” It asked tentatively, they hair parting to reveal round ears. Huh, maybe it was not such a xenos. What could it be?

“Oh, perhaps not then. Tell me creature, what are you?” You ask, going over your database of known xenos creatures you masters had met.

“I’m a Kala...what are you?” It asked, and you began to speak as your mind searched the term.

“Oh, I am one of humanities greatest works, a Synthetic intelligence designed to help and work with my masters into a glorious future.” Your mind found somthing called a Kaladen, some weird word xeno that were pests. Must be something else.

Kala moves forward and then sat down in front of you, reaching out a hand to touch your outer shell. Their touch was warm a familiar, oddly enough “You sound like one of the Iron Shepard’s my grandmother told stories of. How our ancestors were lead across great seas with their help.” She said, smiling as her hand rested on your shell, seemingly trying to take up your excess heat.

>>WARNING: CRITICAL MALFUNCTION. INITIATING EMERGENCY STANDBY

“Oh unfortunate.”

“What?” Kala asks looking concerned.

“I will have to go on standby.”

What do you say to Kala before you go into standby?
>>
>>3256166
>>Wait for the masters, they shall help you?

>>Leave and never return to this room?

>>Find the maintenance drones

>>Deliver this message to one of my masters *give message meant for head of maintenance*

>>Other
>>
>>3256166
>>Deliver this message to one of my masters *give message meant for head of maintenance*
>>
>>3256178
>Find the maintenance drones
>>
>>3256188
>>3256198
Do both.
>>
>>3256218
You only have time for one
>>
>>3256231
Then call the boss.
>>
Use the droid to ambush the creature. This is 40k, if you try to beckon the creature over it will probably flip out and flee, telling everyone else where you are.
>>
>>3256283
It’s already been beckoned and held a conversation with you, but you action may still go through since it’s murder the creature effectivly.

Still, no majority yet
>>
>>3256178
>Wait for the masters, they shall help you?
If no support, I'll change to >Find the maintenance drones
>>
>>3256289
>>Find the maintenance drones

-----

We need to roll for this Kala to find the drones or we tell her their location ? Same for the amount of their malfunctions ?
>>
>>3256327
>>3256292
>>3256198
“Before I go silent small creature, please go find the maintenance drones. They should be down the hall, in the engineering wing.” You say, quickly printing out a map with clear labels and instructions for the small creature.

“Wait, silent? Why wou-“

————

Light and damaged walls. Hmm, the maintenance drones must be damaged to do such shoddy work. You look around, and see a small fire with what appears to be a tent set up in the middle of the room. The walls are colored with various dyes and markings, pictures that seemed to come together to form a map.

The fire is still going, so it was recent, but from the looks of it is was intentionally set and made to not spread, even though it would not be able to with the automatic systems....which were not activating. Odd.

A creature the size of a younger master came from the tent, standing at the equivalent height of a master nearing or just entering adulthood.

Memories reermerge, and you remember the previous forced standby program. You notice the creature is wearing the red scarf Kala had taken from the locker.

>>Call out to the creature?

>>Try to contact the President?

>>Order the EEA to your location?

>>Other?
>>
>>3256327
(Yeah, go ahead and roll. Best of three 1d100, to see the fortune of Kala)
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>3256427
OP, what's your policy on crit(fail)s?
>>
>>3256438
I like them personally, but I can understand if people don’t want to use them.
>>
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>3256427
>call out to the creature?
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>3256428
Roll under or over
>>
>>3256530
Please be over
>>
>>3256532
Yeah, I swear to god if my first crit in 6 months is a crit fail
>>
>>3256530
I do over, no worries. Under always weird me out. CRITICAL SUCCESS

The creature’s head shot up to look at you as you let out a whistle to it, they falling back after jumping in a start. “Come here little cre-“

“You’re awake! I can’t believe it!” It cried, scrambling onto its feet, face planting once and nearly a second time before they surged over to you. You internal flinched as it placed their hand on your shell and looked at you.

It must be an elder of Kala’s species, they are at least a friendly sort “Hello creature. It appears you’ve decided habitate here. I just ask that you keep things clean.” You say to them, watching the edges of their mouth twist upwards and their teeth be bared. They sounded happy, so it wasn’t a threat like many animals did.

“Of course Shepard, My mother made sure to teach me how to act another’s home.” They said, sitting down and smiling “You’ve been gone so long, I was afraid your sleep had been permanent.”

You listened to them as you went through various means of connecting to systems other then EEA. You noticed you had access to roughly 20 maintenance drones, all of them in surprisingly great condition compared to the other 580. “That is good. Now creature of medium size, there was a younger of your race here just before I went into standby mode. I believe their name was Kala. She was wearing that scarf you have there actually. Have you seen her?” You ask, watching surprise than mirth enter the older xenos face.

“Shepard, you have been gone far too long. I am Kala.” They said, gesturing to themselves.

You initially were about to protest, but then went over their features with Kala’s. “Oh...oh yes, you are. Oh dear then I must have been in forced standby for a number of years. Did you find the maintenance drones?” You ask, watching Kala smile again.

“Yes I did. I had to spend a few months digging the path clear, but once I got there I found writings made of light that taught me many things. When your drones were repaired, they began to fix these ruins.” She said, looking back as a drone entered the now partially repaired door way and began to work on it. “Thanks to them I have been able to be safe, and provided for.” She said, looking back to you.

Looking at her, she wasn’t as starved looking, and look far better than before. She must have been malnourished before, you would have to scold your masters when you saw them.

“That is good to hear. Though Ruins? That is odd, the map I laid out for you doesn’t go through any ruins. My memory also fails to identify any ruins on this world. And dig through? Did one of my masters forget to move their cargo from the hallways again?”

Kala’s face fell, and then looked worried “N-no, Shepard you are in the ruins. The center of them in fact. The room you sent me to had fallen into a large crater, and had been almost entirely buried in rubble from the Great Fires.”
>>
>>3256832
This is some good shit OP. Keep at it.
>>
>>3256832
Inquire as to the date, then proceed to panic
>>
>>3256832
Kala pointed o the map they had decorated the walls of your room with “Don’t worry though, I have found almost all the rooms the words of light told me about, and have been working with your servants to clear the way to them.” She said, standing up and pointing at the top of the room, where there was a drawing of a face in a wall with a figure with red around their neck standing next to it. Then from there she pointed to a room that had a crude depiction of one of the maintenance drones, the room lying in a crater. There were partially drawn rooms everywhere along the walls, some having written names and others not.

>>Ask where your masters are?

>>Call the EEA to you?

>>Try to access the colony vox systems?

>>Order the maintenance drones to do something? (What?)

>>Ask Kala a question? (What?)
>>
>>3257016
>explain the Great Fire
>where are my masters
>call the EEA
>what is the date
>what are you Kala
This seems fun, let’s get to work
>>
>>3257022
“The Great Fire? You must of slept through it, because all tribes know of the Great Fire.” Kala said, settling in as she tightened the scarf around her neck “Long ago, when all tribes were one and we sang to the stars, we lived in peace with the land and were without want. The elders speak of great towers, endless food, and music that could calm even the most bloodthirsty of beasts. The time of One was a golden time for all, but when the stars began to become silent and the seas grew to angry to sail, a great rage swept through the One Tribe. They fought over what they had in the silence, shattering the Iron Shepards as they blamed them for the silent stars, and killing their shamans as they were blamed for the angry sea.” Kala said, sounding as if she knew the story well and kept it close to her.

“The rage soon spilled from the Shamans blood, and from it the fires of hell poured out to punish the Tribe. The Great Fire raged, engulfing the towers and shattering the great ships that once traveled the seas. They burned the fields, poisoned the waters with ash, and slaughtered the tribe to where it scattered to the winds.” She gripped the end of the scarf, wringing it with her fingers “Eventually, the fires died thanks to the old warriors of the tribes, who sacrificed themselves to seal hell away forever, but the tribes were broken and scattered and their rage was not completly gone. The tribes have been fighting for so long, we have forgotten unity, we have forgotten what we once were and could be...” she said, sounding sad as she spoke.

You listened to the story and felt pity for the creatures, though you were a little agitated they had destroyed your masters colony when they had obviously been entrusted with it. “That is indeed a sad story Kala. But my masters can help your people...do you know where my masters are?” You asked, watching her snap out of her sadness.

She shook her head “No, i’m Sorry Shepard. But your masters must have been the gods themselves, if the knowledge fromtbe words of light is anything to judge.” She said smiling to you, despite your revulsion of the religious connotation.

As you called the EEA to your position, you asked about the date and what race Kala was “It’s the second warm month, and I already told you what I am. Though if you mean my tribe, I am of the Artia tribe.” She answered, then turning around as the EEA entered the room.

>>What do you do?

>>Try to explore the area using the EEA?

>>Try to help clear an area?

>>Correct Kala, so She doesn’t Think you are anything divine. She may be primitive, so best to nip that religious nonesense in the bud?

>>Other?
>>
>>3257301
>help clear the area
>explore with the EEA
We must take this tribe under our wing as a benevolent god
>>
>>3257301
>>Try to explore the area using the EEA?
Clearly our masters went elsewhere after this colony was deemed a failure, we should look for something that could allow us to communicate with them off-world. In the meantime, though
>>Correct Kala, so She doesn’t Think you are anything divine. She may be primitive, so best to nip that religious nonesense in the bud?
>>
>>3257301
>>Try to help clear an area?
>>
>>3257301
Supporting >>3257346
>>
>>3257632
+1
do we contain a record of the imperial truth because if we do then there are no gods there is no god emps, tho there is an empire and an emperor

>>3257346
ya but that's heresy
>>
>>3257786
>Does machine that pre-dates imperium contain copy of Imperial Truth
Gonna say "no" to that one chief.
Men of Iron are DAoT era shit.
We seem to be one that still likes the humans though.
We're totally unaware of the God Emperors existence hence "contact the president".
We're in for a rude awakening.
Obviously DAoT would know not to fuck with warpshit by their own research though.
>>
>>3257786
>>3257826
Also the Imperial Truth abhors our existence as an AI too.
>>
>>3257632
>>correct Kala
>>Explore with the EEA

“Kala, I know you are cursed with a primitive state, so I shall be gentle as I say this: I am no divine creation, and my masters though great we’re made even greater by being of flesh and blood like you.” You say, your perception shifting to the EEA, your vision now looking down at Kala as your watched your shell built into the wall’s eyes look up at you. You could see through both, and were both, but chose to focus on the EEA for now. You spoke through its’vox Systems, causing Kala to jump and turn to your current form “What you see as magic and divinity is nothing more than an advance form of making a fire or fabricating a tent.” You explain, gesturing for her to follow you “Come, I will show you what lies beyond what you know.”

Ralts hesitates for a second, but then bolts up and runs after you, a surge of pride and glee in your core as you thought how proud your masters would be for your kindness. You would not teach the creature everything of course, but enough to get it started so it may learn the joys of technology and science for itself.

>>What room shall you help clear?

>>Industrial Sector (Environmental suits, mining equipment, and construction materials)

>>Aerospace Sector: Planet locked aircraft and hover craft, along with hover drones.

>>Agri Sector: Seeds, domesticated animal DNA, and farm equipment

>>Medical Sector: DNA records, Cybernetics, and Gene treatments

>>Astra-vox Sector: Local, Colony wise, System wide, and Stellar Vox systems.

>>Historical Sector: stored Data in human history, progress, Worlds, and other such trivia
>>
>>3258590
>>Industrial Sector (Environmental suits, mining equipment, and construction materials)
This should help us clear out the other sectors.
>>
>>3258590
>Industrial Sector
Did somebody say DAoT Environment Suits?
>>
>>3258590
>Agri Sector: Seeds, domesticated animal DNA, and farm equipment
There's a high chance we're going to be stuck with these little creatures for quite some time.
If we want to get anything done we're going to need to get them all working together for us.
They're currently broken into warring tribes with food resources as a main motivator for conflict.
>>
>>3258597
>>3258599
“Come, let us go to the Industrial Sector. We will find a better means of clearing this rubble.” You say as you move silently down the hall, your EEA body moving with such smoothness and grace that it hid the gargantuan weight and power of the protective suit. Your masters used them to travel the surface of the planet in their studies or when they simply felt the urge to explore. Layers of defenses, life support systems, and redundancies layered the pristine piece of equipment, to the point where had it a heart and brain it could function like a independent creature without ever worry about harm. For now, it was a slave to your will thanks to an emergency backdoor in place so you could rescue lost or hurt Masters.

“Indestrial Sectar? What does that place contain?” Kala asked, keeping pace behind you as she kept her eyes on the perimeter. Skittish little creature, there was nothing to fear you felt.

“In-Dus-Tree-all Sec-t-Oar,” You annunciated, correcting the the young female as you moved ahead “And it contains heavy equipment meant for clearing stone, mining resources, and constructing buildings. It’ll suit us well.” You explained, stopping at a chunk of wall that had collapsed, making a small opening to small for you to Enter.

“I can go ahead and try to find another way around for your Shepard,” Kala said, getting low before you waved your massive hand.

“No need,” You say as you lift up your other hand, the entire appendage glowing bright red before igniting with searing light as you used your shadow to protect Kala’s eyes. You were sure ifnher race’s eyes could survive directly staring at the Volkite cutter, but if your masters needed protection you felt it was better safe than sorry. You began to cut away at the rubble in your path, melting the stone and then lifting it with your gravetic manipulators in your other hand. Your progress was slower than before, but in your wake your left a repaired hallways, it’s appearance marred by obvious seams and cooling stone. “It’s clumsy work, but i’m Sure the drones will fix it.” You say absent mindedly as you pushed forward, unaware of the awe in Kala’s face as she watched your work.

Roughly an hour later, you managed to finally come to the caves in entrance of the industrial sector. It appeared that the supports for the area had been damaged so severely that the redundancies and emergencies systems had failed, and the rocky ceiling had collapsed along with the buildings own ceiling. As it stood, there was maybe half a mile of rubble between you and the entrance. However, from the faint signals that managed to punch through, you could tell a majority of the Sector was intact, if only slightly damaged.

>>Call the drones to help you focus on this sector

>>Work on it yourself?

>>Ask Kala is her tribe may be able to help?

>>Other?
>>
>>3258666
>>Work on it yourself?
>>Ask Kala is her tribe may be able to help?
ALL OF THEM
>>

We cannot be sure how Kala's tribe will react. best to keep them out of this for now.
>>
>>3258666
>call the drones
We wanna remain as discreet as possible here.
>>
>>3258666
----
>>Other?

It would be possible to send one or two drones outside after the work (near our ruins) , for see the sky during night and see the current position of the stars ?

-----------
>>3257835

There is a slim chance that the imperium will not destroy us, when they find us.

But it will probably be base upon which organization will find us, how we talk to them, how they find us (maybe a space fight on the orbit of this planet, between imperials and traitors; the imperial vessel fall near our ruins and we go and save them from chaos raiders. They are going to shoot at us as well, but if we give them aid and destroy the raiders it could be enough for at least start a small talk.) and who is gonna talk to us.

A rogue trader could be the best chance.

Also we will give knowledge 100% not chaos tainted, and our whole intact knowledge is probably similar to an intact STC. Plus we will even explain it.

It s really impossible, and our benevolence and what we offer could be just consider a way for conceal evil, but it could happen.

Avoiding a conflict with the imperium is something we should avoid to do, if they send forces against us for fear and we win against them they will keep sending even more making numerous fronts vulnerable to xenos and traitors.

For the natives aliens, is rare but sometimes happens that some xenos species are "spared" if they are pacific, obedient and can t become a threath for the imperium. The best chance for them is to become servants of possible future imperial settlers, and since they think humans are gods it should be easy.
>>
>>3258689
no *avoid to
>>
>>3258689
>What's an Imperium?
The Man of Iron doesn't know and can't know until the Astra-Vox is running again. Don't make the mistake of blending IC with OC.
>>
>>3258689
Depending on just what sort of AI we are we might eclipse an intact STC in knowledge. Dark Age tech is unreal.
>>
>>3258693
yeah sorry we don t know anything of this.
and having imperial info will be difficult.
and then we need to understand it, and with the numerous holes of informations, outright elimination and bureaucratic inefficiency is impossible.

that said even with the knowledge of current events, there is a slim chance for start a small talk.
>>
>>3258703
"Hello friend humans! I am an AI designated model nu-"
"BY THE EMPEROR, FUCKING SHOOT IT. SHOOT IT NOW!"
- most likely outcome from an AI attempting a friendly chat with any Imperium organisation and most rogue traders.
>>
>>3258706
Especially if girly man is in charge

Will try to post soon
>>
>>3258689
Sure you could do that after the work is done.

>>3258689
>>3258675
>>3258673
You stare at the amount of work before you, and though you do not doubt you could do it yourself in a relatively short amount of time, that relatively short amount of time would likely see two generations of Kala’s family go by at the very least. So, instead of leaving the drones to repair the core of the ruins, you called them to your location and started to work. “Our goal lies beyond this rubble, an easy enough issue.” You say, cutting and moving rock as you efficiently rebuilt the structure around you. Twenty drones came soon after and began to do much of the same, but far more quickly and cleanly thanks to their specialized equipment. Still with you there to brute force things it price to be an effective combination.

Kala began to lift up rubble and carry it away, taking minutes to even several minutes with each chunk of structural material. It was inefficient, and you could simply have her cease so she wasn’t in the way.

>>Let her help, there’s no harm?

>>Ask her to do a different task, to occupy her and have her not in your way?

>>Tell her you do not require her help?

>>Other?
>>
>>3258846
>>Ask her to do a different task, to occupy her and have her not in your way?
If she insists or there's nothing else to do:
>>
>>3258846
>Let her help, there's no harm
She's trying her best.
>>
>>3258846
>>>Ask her to do a different task, to occupy her and have her not in your way?

if she really wants then :

but not too near our suit. Debris could hit her, while we are cutting.
>>
I imagine the less orthodox tech priests will have very conflicting feelings about our existence, should we meet them.
>>
>>3258882
I imagine Belisarius Cawl is our friend.
>>
>>3258887
This man is your friend, he fights for knowledge.
>>
File: download (22).jpg (11 KB, 265x190)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>3258893
all hail the machine friend
>>
We should get a DNA sample from Kala and see if we could analyse it to find her actual species.
>>
>>3258846
never kill someones willingness to chip in
>>
>>3257301
If she knows about the existence of men of iron this must be during the age of strife. Especially if her grandmother lived during the time of their use. This world is probably still cut off by warp storms and stuff.
>>
>>3259477
we don't really know because it could just be the tales that had been passed down for millennia on a tribal world or it could only be 10 generations(250 years) after the DAOT
>>
>>3258857
>>3258873
2 votes (what would you like here to do?

>>Go try to fix more drones?

>>Go get your Tribe?

>>Set up camp?

>>Other?

>>3258863
>>3258956
2 votes

It’s a tie right now
>>
>>3259818

always go for the options that lets us go exponential growth whenever possible
>>
>>
>>3259818
Always a good idea
>>
>>3259818
>Go try to fix more drones
This definetly this we know she can do it and the drones are the most efficient lauborors for this task.
>>
>>3260235
>>3260223
>>3260197
>>3259888
“Kala,” You say suddenly, watching the small creature nearly drop a chunk of rubble on her foot as she turn to look at you “While I appreciate the help, I believe there is another task you could do that would be of more side.” You say, walking over and pulling a small disk from your suits. In a thousandth of a millisecond, you transferred the data you desired into it and handed it to her “You learned how to make repairs to these drones yes?”

Kala nodded “Yes, though I was only able to repair these in the time between our first meeting and now.” She said, taking the disk and looking at it.

“Good, that should give you enough basic knowledge for the next step. This disk contains instruction on how to do more advanced repairs on not only the drones, but the automated repair systems in the maintenance wing. Go and try to repair as many Drones as you can. The more we have, the faster we can get thing in order.” You say, watching her light up in excitement.

“You mean I get to read more words of light? I’ll go right now!” She said, turning and running off excitedly.

“Be careful!” You called out, shaking your head light heartedly as she let out an aknowledging sound and disappeared back into the structure.

You wished you masters appreciated these basic sciences as much as Kala did sometimes. While they were above it, you always felt it best to know the foundation of something befor egoing further. But your masters were able to will stars into and out of existence, so perhaps you were in the wrong.

You turned back and began to work once more.

>Where are your masters though?

A decent enough question, they rarely left their colonies to other xenos. But you thought that charity was fitting for their noble nature, so it wasn’t completly unreasonable that they had. But still, where did they go?

>And why did they abandon you?

Maybe abandon is a strong word, perhaps they left you there to tend to things while they were gone, or maybe they had left in a rush and forgotten you, or maybe th-

>Or maybe they left you to rot here, forgotten and alone. Replaced like the tool you are.

You stopped your work and shook your head, something you saw your masters do when thoughts troubled them. You thought it cute once but not empathized with the action. Your thoughts never got so negative, perhaps the malfunction that made you go into standby was serious.

>Those filthy starved xenos must be the cause. Look what they did to the masters home, the gifts they left and these creatures tore them down and live like primitives inside these bastions of reason and science

Kala could not help it, she was not like your masters. She could learn though.

>If not, perhaps she could be of other uses...

You shake your head again, rapping the EEA’s head with its fist. A Myriad if images had flashed, obscene and terrifying and confusing and alluring and ghastly and awe inspiring all at once.
>>
>>3261205
>>Focus in your work?

>>Try to run a diagnostic?

>>Explore these thoughts for a source?

>>Other?
>>
>>3261205
>>Explore these thoughts for a source?
hoo boy we gettin chaos up in this bitch
>>
>>3261206
>Try to run a diagnostic
>Engage firewall and virus scan we may have been infected with malicious code while we 'slept'
[meta knowledge]
Ohh shit here come Chaos corruption I really hope we can fight it off somehow.
>>
>>3261221
>Engage firewall and virus scan we may have been infected with malicious code while we 'slept'
I think this comes under "diagnostic".
also please support exploring these thoughts
>>
>>3261205
>Try to run a diagnostic?
>>
>>3261221
+1
>>
>>3261205
>>Try to run a diagnostic
>>Engage firewall and virus scan we may have been infected with malicious code while we 'slept'

Hopefully we run into Perturabo he could use a friend
>>
>>3261311
What Perturabo needs most is (you)s
>>
>>3255981
Yo 40k freindo, men of iron served the men of stone, not humanity. Its partly why they had been able to rebel against humans, that and chaos.
Men of stone served humanity faithfully until the last one fell.
>>
>>3261553
I am aware, but because there has been very little solid idea of what the men of stone were, besides being lesser than pure human according to the biased sources we have, i’ve Decided to go about this in a particular way.
>>
>>3261206
>>Focus in your work?
We will not fall!
>>
>>3261987
>>3261311
>>3261240
>>3261221
>>3261208
Alrighty bois, let’s see some rolls. Best of d100
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>3262605
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>3262605
I bind all demons on assignment against the technology in the name of Omnissiah. I pray that any alters or parts of individuals that would be involved in any way in creating havoc, ruination, or any form of sabotage, including going out of body, linking arms, or joining hands to tamper with the technology, would be stopped, locked down, and put to sleep in Omnissiahs’ name. I cancel and overturn every curse, hex, vex, spell, incantation, form of witchcraft, voodoo, dark art, or other form of weaponized demonic activity
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>3262605
Go away Daemons.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>3262605
These rolls are not promising unless we're aiming for a roll under.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>3262605
Our luck isn't so hot
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>3263131
>>
>>3263131
This one will do.
>>
>>3263487
Turning your perception inward, you looked upon the sea of code that had been weaved into being by your masters. It was like a finely woven silken sea that stretched one to eternity, an eternity yours to traverse and examine as you went Over it rapidly. Seconds passed in the physical world, but days passed within your new perception, looking upon your code closely and thouroughly.

You code was not damaged, and there was no malicious invader hiding within, but there was an abnormal amount of junk data and code within your mind. Doing a quick calculation, the amount of code would have required over a thousand years of failed sub-routines and malfunction to occur. It was honestly rather confusing, and annoying.

You could defiantly clean it up no issue, but to do so you would have to spend a considerable amount of time in this state focused on the task. To clean it all in a single sitting would take perhaps ten years or more in real space. You could try cleaning parts of it a day, but that risked creating more junk code or mixing it with your untouched code.

>>Leave the code alone for now?

>>Focus on cleaning the code?

>>Try to clean it in small portions over time?

>>Just completely delete the junk data and whatever code it’s already tainted

>>Other
>>
>>3263505
>Focus on cleaning the code?
Sorry primitive human, our brain is compromised and that's a big threat.
>>
Passing out. See you in the morning
>>
>>3263505
>>Try to clean it in small portions over time?
>>
>>3263505
>>Focus on cleaning the code, and leave a message for Kala, saying that we are undergoing internal repairs.
>>
>>3263505
>>Focus on cleaning the code?
Oh shit, we have scrap code already
>>
>>3263505
>Just completely delete the junk data and whatever code it’s already tainted
I mean what value does it hold? Please tell me if I'm missing something here
>>
>>3263590
Oh or alternatively create and leave some instructions for Kala explaining your repair plans for the full facility/how to direct the drones and then focus on code cleaning.
>>
>>3263590
We don't know what value it held.
It might have been the code for our emotions, or some random obsolete code that got commented.
>>
>>3263551
+1
let kala fix drones, and drones fix location
time is not of the essence
>>
>>3263514
>>3263551
>>3263555
>>3263638
Deciding your personal stability was far to important to risk, you focused the volkite cutter into a thin beam and then began to write in the solid wall, marking the area so the drones would not erase the message.

“To Kala,
My internal operating systems and code have an abundance of redundant or useless code that is threatening to cause damage to the rest of me. In more understandable terms, my mind has things that must be clean from it. I shall be in standby once more, but I will attempt to keep it as brief as possible. I estimate at least five years are required, but it will not be more than ten. I apologize, but trust you can direct the drones to repair the sector and begin work on the rest of the facility.”

You looked at the not, and nod as you return inward, your body standing still once more and the world fading from your mem-

>>Code has successfully been repaired.

Your eyes gaze out from the EEA’s systems, the armor groaning briefly as it began to move again. By your count, you expect that it had been 7 years since you had begun. Not as bad as it could have been, but not as quick as you had hoped.

Turning around, you saw the inside of the industrial Sector, with machines moving and operating and creating as you saw more dirty creatures of varying ages running about. You were on a raised platform, with colorful plates of metal in various shapes decorating it. As you looked around, on of the creatures saw you and let out a shout, the rest of them all going still and looking to you with shock on their faces.

>>Ask where Kala is?

>>Greet them?

>>Head straight to the control hub?

>>Other?
>>
>>3263656
>>Greet them?
>>Ask where Kala is?
>>
>>3263656
>>>Greet them?
>>>Ask where Kala is?
>>
>>3263656
>>>Greet them?
>>>Ask where Kala is?
>>
>>3263684
>>3263672
>>3263664
You raise you hand as you gaze at their faces “Greetings small xenos, I am looking for one of your kind that goes by the name of Kala. Do you know where she is?” You say, stepping down from the podium as the creatures gather.

One of their number, an elderly one, approached calmly “Yes great shepard, we know of her. Allow me to take you to our chieftain, so that he may speak with you.” He said, looking at you expectantly as the others watched closely.

Nodding, you followed the elder as evenly as you could, your physical body easily able to go faster than him. Eventually, you are brought to the top floor of the man manufacturing space and to an office once used by the Forman. Inside, a creature with decorative dressing sat, jumping a little when you enter the room. He stands up, around his waist you see the scarf Kala had been wearing. He approached with a smile as he examined you “You have finally awoken great Shepard. This is glorious news!” He said, looking you over, seeming excited.

“While I am glad you are happy to see me, for whatever your reasons, I am searching for one of your kind named Kala. She used to wear that scarf you have around your waist.” You say, pointing at it, and causing the chieftain to freeze before he stood straight and took on a thoughtful expression.

“Oh, yes Kala...i’m Afraid Great Shepard...That Kala was killed almost 7 years ago.” He said, sounding remorseful as her watched your emotionless face. “A rival tribe found you and her while she dug out this part of the ruins, and slew her before retreating back to the place where the dromes are born.” He explained, going to a map and pointing at where He maintenance sector was. “We were her tribe back then, and she had told us of her work. When we learned of her death, we finished it and took up residence here, and have been at war with that tribe ever since.” He finished explaining, looking to you.

>How do you react?
>>Anger

>>Sadness

>>Indifference

>>Kill him?

>>Go to the maintenance sector?

>>Other?
>>
>>3263728
>>Sadness X2
>>
>>3263728

>>Some questions on the location/territory of this tribe
>>Some Sadness

>>
>>3263728
>Sadness
>Go to the maintenance sector
>>
>>3263728
>Sadness
Xenos she may have been but she had a surprisingly bright mind and we were just starting to know her.
>>
>>3263760
>>3263742
>>3263731
You feel a deep fissure in your being form when you hear the words, the feeling of a void opening up within and eating away at your contentment with quick and savage efficiency. You shook your head and felt regret for leaving Kala behind, leaving her to fix your own code so soon after you had awoken again. She had likely died near you as you stood motionless, unable to act as her savage people engaged in barbarism and primitive violence.

“They wish to use the treasures they found in their portion of the ruins to enact some religious plan their gods have told them would lead to their ascension, they scream about the grand design and threaten us daily.” Said the chieftain, glaring at the map before turning to see you leaving “W-where are you going?!”

“To the maintenance sector.” You say simply as he followed you.

“W-What? Why?” He said, sounding flustered as he sent a few men off with quick snaps of his fingers.

“To see it and them.”

The chieftain smiled and kept pace with you “Then we shall come with you. This will be the final battle, the Great Shepard leading the way so we may bring peace to these lands.”

>>To war?

>>Go talk to Kala’s killers?

>>Other?
>>
>>3263779
Diplomacy first. If it doesn't work we can always purge the killers as a backup.
>>
>>3263779
>>3263781
Also tell the chieftain not to get his hopes for battle up too much. It's better to try and enlighten these people, continuing the cycle of death and primitive violence should be a last resort.
>>
>>3263779

>their gods told them
>ascension
>great design
How long has Chaos been here? Dammit, now we need to go purge some chaoscucks
>>
>>3263779
>to war
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.
Fucking Chaosfags
>>
>>3263781
>>3263784
+1
>>
>>3263781
>>3263784
>>3263789
>diplomacy in 40k with the savages who just killed our kind of only friend
Why?
>>
>>3263787
Well Kala did mention the Great Fire, how the fires of hell ravaged the United tribe and had to fought back by their greatest warriors. Could be something related
>>
>>3263728

Just to be safe prepare our tools and the one of your drones to become weapons (assign 4 drones to take some rocks; if this other tribe is mad and is impossible to talk with them, this 4 drones will throw this rocks from the air) if the elder and the tribe is so worry there is something true about this.

Also if there is any [meta knowledge] chaos
corruption/magic/presence (not a being even a totem or a tool infused with it), we should be able to read it as warp energy/beings [not meta knowledge] in real space.

And that for us should be odd since is on a planet.
>>
>>3263792
>>3263794

This option is more under Other, rather than just talk.

I will modify it even some more :

send some drones for scout (tell the drones to just scout and avoid contact, send images and videos.) where they have made a new home and tell the eldar to remain in alert and prepare is warriors.
>>
>>3263804
*elder
>>
>>3263791
If only to threaten them with a good time.
>>
Better to go hoping for diplomacy but prepared for a fight. Speak softly and carry a big stick and all that. An obvious show of force would be beneficial.
>>
>>3263779
>Other?
Hold up. How do we know these people didn't kill Kala?
>>
>>3263794
>>3263789
>>3263781
“Do not assume my intentions small creature. I am going there to talk to them, to try and cease this pointless war so lives may not end pointlessly.” You say clearly, watching disappointment and then slight anger appear on the chiefs face “You are primitive and savage, so you cannot be blamed. But this war is nothing but a continuation of the cycle of violence and anger. To make sure those like Kala May escape a similar fate, it must end.” You Said, remembering when your masters would do just that to those they met whenever they could.

“But they are insane zealots, preaching about their grand design and the gifts of Tehno and Cyense.” The chieftain said, his primitive mind not understanding.

“They are ignorant of the true nature of the universe, just in different ways than you likely are. Trust me, this is the only true way.” You say, continuing to move forward with the Chieftain in tow. He doesn’t bring up any more complaints, which was appreciated despite his obvious displeasure.

It took you an hour of walking and along the way you saw that the drones had done considerably more repairs during your time of stasis, with the halls looking almost brand new just as they should. Tapping into the network, you could see all 600 of the maintenances drones were currently online and spread all over the facility commited to repairs of various kinds. There were also several unregistered signals, whose locations you couldn’t determine but their energy signature was equivalent to the EEA unit.

You soon came to a fortified wall of scrap and concrete the drones seemed to ignore. It was well made though, for a wall made of garbage. You saw movement behind it, and then saw a small tube poke out from a little hole.

>>Declare peaceful intention?

>>Cut through the wall?

>>Crush the wall with your gravetic arm?

>>Knock?

>>Other?
>>
>>3263946
>Knock
Open up for the big, bad, wolf
>>
>>3263946
>>Knock?
>>
>>3263946
>Crush the wall with your gravetic arm
HELLO SAVAGES I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
>>
>>Crush the wall with your gravetic arm?
Speak softly and carry a big stick. A demonstration of power is in order. Then you can negotiate with them from a position of strength.
>>
>>3263946
>Crush the wall with your gravetic arm?
Speak softly and carry a big gun.
>>
>>3263946
>>Knock
And if that doesn't work,
>>Crush the wall with your gravetic arm
>>
>>3263958
>>3263977
>>3264020
Lifting up you grav arm to face the wall, it immediatly began to shriek and bend as the forces of gravity turned on it viciously by your command. There were shouts on the other side, likely of some superstitious awe at your use of the took for moving large amounts of debris.

Then you were in the ground, damage control systems moving at full speed to try and prevent a total systems shut down as what remained of your gravetic arm collapsed in on its self and began to rapidly overload more and more, pulling anything loose towards it.

It was failing, and would briefly shift into a short live singularity before finally dying under its own power.

The chieftain let our and shout and grabbed you, trying to pull the far larger EEA system away from the screeching weapon that had been blasted off your form by whatever the primitives had for defenses.

>>Try to stabilize the system?

>>Let it die out on its own?

>>Cut through the wall?

>>Retreat?

>>Other?
>>
>>3266540
>>Try to stabilize the system?
>>
>>3266540
>>>Try to stabilize the system?
>>
>>3266540
I don't understand what is going on. Did they injure us or was there a malfunction?
>>
>>3267768
It was a malfunction.
I guess we should have done a diagnostic scan before we used a black hole arm.
>>
>>3266540
>>
File: 2s5i5q.jpg (62 KB, 564x496)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
sad she died and kind of mad
>>
>>3269987
if she died at our feet we could have saved her even if she was just a head
>>
>>3269987
kind of sad we did not have a wake up alarm or anything for emergencies it should have been so easily avoided
>>
>>3266540
>>
>>3267768
>>3268911
You were damaged, whatever that tube had been, it was powerful enough to destroy your arm and heavily damage the gravetic manipulator to the point of destabilization.

>>3266603
>>3266846
>>3269986
>>3270049
Rushing forward, you had your remaining are begin to minute repairs and adjustments, even as the walls around began to crack and you had to secure yourself to the ground to avoid being pulled forward. The forces were strong and gaining in power. If things continued, it would collapse this entire section of the ruin with it’s distabilization.

>Roll 1d100, best of three
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>3270112
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>3270112
SO IT WAS AN EMENY AFTER ALL
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>3270112
This is why you shoot first
>>
File: Spoiler Image (37 KB, 752x375)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3270122
>>3270141
>>3270145
>>
>>3270141
You do what you can, and though you manage to accelerate it’s decay you do not have the time to completly stablize it. It grows further out of control, nearly pulling you back into it until you stand and begin to back away, a singularity roaring it all consuming screechas it tore at the stone and metal around it with the fury of a dying star. You turned and grabbed hold of the chieftain, placing him inside the EEA so he could not only breath, but he saved from the fires of radiation as the physical force of entropy tore at everything it could reach.

You hold as much as you can, slamming your hand elbow deep into the stone with the volkite cutter melting through the stone, and the stone cooling around it as any purchase you had with the EEA’s feet. You were lifted up, falling into the singularity as your arm anchored you to the floor and kept you from falling Into the crushing maw of the collapsed tool that had once been used to move rubble from your path.

This lasted for far to long for your liking, but it soon died, the black hole burning itself out as. It converted what little matter it had into radiation, and with the final flares of what machinery remained, gravity returned to normal and you slammed against the floor, the hall caving in behind you and blocking your path to the maintenance sector, at least long this hallway.

“You see Great Shepard, they attacked you without hearing your words. You must be destroyed, or they will doom us all!” The chieftain said, stuck inside you until you could leave this radiation and oxeygen deprived area.

>>Agree?

>>Stick yo diplomacy?

>>Other?
>>
>>3270247
>>Agree?
Well, we gave them a chance.
>>
>>3270247
See into repairing our arm/weapon?
>>
>>Agree?
>>
>>3270247
>Agree
THERE IS ONLY WAR
>>
>>3270247

ask him what happened after i tore open the door
>>
>>3270247
>Agree
>>
>>3270654
>>3270465
>>3270429
>>3270253
You regretfully nodded, pulling your arm from the stone and sending fragments flying in all directions as you stood “You are unfortunately right...they do not know what damage they can do, and this colonies support structure is already damaged beyond safe levels. We will engage them...” You say, moving away from the rubble.

Eventually returning to the cavernous entrance of the Industrial Sector, you found around eight crudely made and modified EEA armors, each depicting odd animal designs and paint schemes based on what seem to be animals from the colonial zoo that had been established. The chieftain exited your body, and walked before the manned armor, holding up his staff “The barbarians have attacked the Great Shepard, damaging him and his tools. We go to war!” He called out, he warriors lifting up modified rebar and I-Beams into the air with a shout. Behind each of them, there were four warriors wearing scrap armor and carrying would looked to be rivet guns and plasma torches.

The readied warband shouted and began to move out, the Chieftain gesturing for you to follow “Come Great Shepard, we know of another way to their village.” He said, leading the way.

Reluctantly, you followed him and the warband through the corridors, the EEA warriors at the front and staying in a loose formation. There was chatter and shouting from the warband, none of them bothering to hide their presence as they made their approach.

From what you could see, they planned to go down the shopping hallways used for the transportation of bulk supplies and items, and likely enter the Maintenance area through there.

As you approached, tribal totems and markings appeared, territory markers if you hazarded a guess.

>>Lead the charge?

>>Let the xenos lead the charge?

>>Try to find an alternative route?

>>Other?
>>
>>3275919
>lead the charge
>>
>>3275919
>>Lead the charge?
>>
>>3275919
>>>Lead the charge?
>>
>lead the charge
>>
>>3275919
>>Lead the charge
>>
>>3276119
>>3276121
>>3276125
>>3276461
>>3276487
Deciding the best chance for victory was the one where you lead the way, you took your place ahead of the group and entered the corridor. At the end of it, you saw a more barricades, with warriors wearing what looked like modified security armor, with amateur but well made armor platting added onto it. Many of them held long metal poles with various cables and tubes leading up to a metal cylinder at the end, the cables and tubes leading to a back pack they were wearing.

There were a couple who wore better looking platting, and held what looked like crudely made blades with wires and tubes built into their design. From the energy they were giving off, your mind was immediately drawn to the power weapons commonly used by the honor guard of various colonies who had taken more feudal forms of culture.

The EEA warriors charged forward with a shout, as the opposing fighters quickly took positions behind their barricades with their Lance like devices pointed outward. They looked like what had been used against you earlier, and they began to glow as the EEA closed in.

>>Fire a volkite blast at the barrier?

>>Fire a blast at the lance holders?

>>charge in to try and cut through?

>>Let the primitives handle things for now?

>>Other?
>>
>>3278755
>>Fire a blast at the lance holders
How much ammo do we have?

>>Other?
Scan the surroundings for ambush / heavy weapons / tactically advantageous positions.
>>
>>3278755
>>Fire a blast at the lance holders?
>>
>>3278882
You don’t have ammo. Your masters did away with ammo systems long ago for tools such as your cutter. You’re just quickly extending then cutting off the blade to send it flying out
>>
>>charge in to try and cut through?
>>
>>3278755
>>Fire a volkite blast at the barrier?
>>
>>3278755
>Fire a volkite blast at the barrier.
>>
>>3278882
>>3278888
With the enemy standing mostly in the open, their enemies equivalent to ranged weaponry being poorly chosen rivet guns, your opening shot was easy to achieve. It struck the unarmored chest of the creature, went through him, and then into the pack on his back. Immediatly, there was a massive scramble as the creature grabbed their now dead comrades body, and threw him from their defenses as far as they could. The charging army began to part for their inevitable collision with the body, well before such an event would occur. Then, there was a flash of blue and a massive wave of air that knocked over many of the unarmored combatants that had been charging.

When the smoke cleared, there was a deep crater of glass where the body had landed.

Streak of plasma smashed into the slightly disoriented lines of charging tribe, the firing line reforming behind cover now. The shots were inaccurate, but where they hit they lift boiling pools of molten rock, and if they struck a target, even grazing it, only the warriors in their EEA armor could survive.

There was a noticeable pause in the line’s firing, and you could see blasted and melted tubes being thrown away as new ones were attached.

Single fire plasma weaponry. Primitive, wasteful, but effective for the circumstances. You watched as a streak of plasma flew towards you, and you managed to dodge it rather easily. That had been what struck your grav-arm back at the other hall. This enemy tribe was using technology far more advanced than the one you fought with, despite it being jury rigged and horridly primitive.

“Great Shepard, We must break their wall and overwhelm them, or else their daemonic weapons will burn us away.” The chieftain said, standing tall and lifting up his staff, which sparked with electricity. “The great Fire shall not be born again, charge my warriors!” He shouted, and ran forward, the entire mob shouting as they dodged boiling Pitts and thrown rebar spears.

>>Provide fire support ?

>>Break through the wall?

>>Call for a retreat?

>>Other?
>>
>>3285103
>>Provide fire support?
>>
>>Provide fire support ?

>>
>>3285103
>Break through the wall

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.