[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hedgey boy.jpg (51 KB, 551x900)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
A young fourteen year old boy stares you down, brown-haired and fair faced. You know this lad to be educated, a noble, and currently, a god damn mess. You regard your reflection curiously, and wonder what to make of yourself before your stewards find you awake and out of bed.

>Handsome, if rugged. I bet the milkmaids down in the courtyard wouldn't mind a quick tumble before they go back to their duties.

>Just that, a mess. I need to get cleaned up and ready for the day's studies.

>A battle-weary hero, ready to practice his skills down in the courtyard with the master at arms!

>A mummy's boy, ready for fresh mutton from the kitchen. To elucidate your demand, you ensure the shout: "MUTTIES MUTTIES IM HUNGIES!" is audible throughout this portion of the keep.

>Intelligent, though that mind is masked behind your limpy exterior. With a keen eye and mind for strategy, both peace and wartime, you will go far as a leader.
>>
>>3248810
>Intelligent, though that mind is masked behind your limpy exterior. With a keen eye and mind for strategy, both peace and wartime, you will go far as a leader.

Muscle can be built easily. Intelligence is much harder to come by.
>>
>>3248810
>Handsome, if rugged. I bet the milkmaids down in the courtyard wouldn't mind a quick tumble before they go back to their duties.
>>
>>3248834
This.
>>
>>3248810
>Intelligent, though that mind is masked behind your limpy exterior. With a keen eye and mind for strategy, both peace and wartime, you will go far as a leader
Cute nerd boy
>>
>>3248810
>Just that, a mess. I need to get cleaned up and ready for the day's studies.
Have a life that is a hell nightmare is fun and compelling

>>3248872
>>3248834
best 3d100?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>3248890
>best 3d100?
OK
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>3248904
Here I go for Hell-Nightmare Existence
>>
File: CONFIDENCE MY GUY.jpg (13 KB, 553x219)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>3248884
>>3248888
>>3248834
You sigh. The servant girls snicker at your lanky outwards appearance, and it hasn't gone to help your self-confidence. You are, however, a very smart individual, and you try to be proud of that fact. Despite you being seen as generally too thin, what is your self-confidence like, and how are you with the ladies?

>Narcissist, obsessed with myself and holding the delusion that I am some sort of perfect being. I have an unhealthy image of myself.

>Alpha, comfortable in my own skin and generally unfazed by the insults thrown at me. I have a healthy image of myself.

>Beta, not very comfortable in social situations and especially not around women (or men..?) Not necessarily too much of a pushover, but not quite confident in oneself. I have a healthy image of myself.

>Omega, a generally non-confrontational person who hates having to interact with anyone, and sees myself as inferior. I have an unhealthy image of myself.
>>
>>3248930
>Omega, a generally non-confrontational person who hates having to interact with anyone, and sees myself as inferior. I have an unhealthy image of myself.
We are unhealthily obsessed with proving ourselves to daddyothers
>>
>>3248930
>>Omega, a generally non-confrontational person who hates having to interact with anyone, and sees myself as inferior. I have an unhealthy image of myself.
>>
>>3248930
>Epsilon, an individual trying his best to be filled with selfless compassion. Not only unfazed by the insults of others, but returning them only with love.
>>
>>3248930
>Narcisset
>"They laugh now, when it's all mine, I'll be as their god"
>>
>>3248952
>>3248951
>>3248947
>>3248946
i was hoping you absolute cucks would be reasonable with me but its FINE

its OKAY

i can write for a cuck if absolutely need be......................
>>
>>3248967
Thanks for the warning OP. I can see this quest is not for me. Good luck with the rest of it.
>>
>>3248930
>Narcissist, obsessed with myself and holding the delusion that I am some sort of perfect being. I have an unhealthy image of myself.
>>
File: lessons.jpg (866 KB, 2100x1464)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>3248947
>>3248946
You attempt to crack a smile at the servant girls' quips, but they just giggle some more and walk away. How rude! If you were able to stand up for yourself any more, you'd probably slap them/rape them/generally have them punished, but you just don't want to confront them, so you let it be for now.

The servants had just finished drawing a bath, which you gladly step into. Nice and warm, something a serf could only dream of. Once you're finished washing yourself, you get dressed, ready for the day's lessons. How do you take your lessons, and what are your favorite things to do?

>My favorite lessons are in martial prowess. Some people say I squander my intelligence that way, but no true man wouldn't prove himself on the field of glory!

>My favorite lessons are in history, especially when it comes to the conquerors and politicians of old. I learn more about strategy and the mistakes that others have made this way, so that I never make the same mistakes.

>Many regard me as one who shirks my duties, but art calls! When no one else is looking, I sneak off to my own hiding places and begin drawing, and use whatever pigments I can find to enhance my artwork.

>I'm generally a slacker, and fuck about with my friends through the day, not learning much and being a disappointment to pretty much everyone.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3248992
Whoops, sorry for not taking yours into account, didn't see it before posting!
>>
>>3249026
>>Many regard me as one who shirks my duties, but art calls! When no one else is looking, I sneak off to my own hiding places and begin drawing, and use whatever pigments I can find to enhance my artwork.
>>
>>3249026
>Write in
I generally do well academically, but, nothing they cover is exactly my passion. I study more... esoteric materials in my spare time, things shunned and hated by the general public
>>
>>3249026
>Many regard me as one who shirks my duties, but art calls! When no one else is looking, I sneak off to my own hiding places and begin drawing, and use whatever pigments I can find to enhance my artwork
I guess
>>
>>3249123
>>3249033
A noble by day, an artist by night! An interesting set of characteristics, to be certain. While you do not have the makings of a warrior, you do have the makings of a great painter, and your capacity for creative thinking flourishes whenever you get the chance to unleash it upon the empty canvas. Finally, though, you get the chance to rest, as it is now getting on in the hours. How do you typically spend your afternoons and evenings?

>Getting shitfaced at the tavern, because it's fun!

>Secluding myself and studying, or attempting to work through the quandaries of life.

>Attempting to work on my charisma by giving oratories, or even attempting (and usually failing) to talk to women!

>Exercising and training, never failing in my diligence. I must become a warrior and protect the land I am destined to inherit.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3249218
>Attempting to work on my charisma by giving oratories, or even attempting (and usually failing) to talk to women!
>>
>>3249218
>Exercising and training, never failing in my diligence. I must become a warrior and protect the land I am destined to inherit.
>>
>>3249218
>Attempting to work on my charisma by giving oratories, or even attempting (and usually failing) to talk to women
>>
>>3249218
>>3249218
>Write In
I work on my art, I don't get out very much, when I do I usually stay to myself out of fear of something happening, I paint and I write stories of heroes, my favorite work so far is "The Tale and Tribulations of The Warrior Bard", the servants read my books and look at my art, they always love, but that is probably because they're paid to keep me happy
>>
Right boys, I actually have to cut it off for tonight. Sleep time. Will post again on this thread tomorrow. Good night!
>>
>>3249218
Let's keep our body in shape
>>
>>3249218
>>
>>3249218
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>3249224
>>3249230
>>3249240
>>3249847
>>3249853
>>3249861
Talking = 1
Fighting = 2
>>
>>3250377
Well, this is OK too.
>sperghetti time
>>
File: politics.jpg (81 KB, 547x328)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>3249861
>>3249240
>>3249224
Despite your lack of overall self-confidence, you attempt to make some manner of chat with the beautiful maidens of your jurisdiction, though you mostly stutter and fail when it comes to actually having to converse with them. At the very least, saying "hi" isn't that hard. However, perhaps the more approachable side of you is your capacity for fiery oratory; you have strong opinions about this kingdom, this fief, and how all of it is supposed to be run, and you're not afraid to let others hear it. You are loved by those who agree with you, feared or hated by those who don't, and this turns you into a very polarizing figure. Regardless, many think you will go far in politics. What do you typically say at these speeches?

>I am a man dedicated to the peasantry, and loved by them, too. I believe that the common person is underrepresented in this kingdom, and deserves better.

>I am a royalist, an authoritarian, and believe that the King is the divinely-justified ruler of the kingdom. The royal family and other very high nobles favor my sentiment.

>I believe in a less-centralized, local ruling system. Local lords and minor nobles are preferable to kings, in my mind.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3250391
>I am a man dedicated to the peasantry, and loved by them, too. I believe that the common person is underrepresented in this kingdom, and deserves better.
Our man sympathizes with the underdogs
>>
>>3250403
>Although "loved" is a strong word.
>>
>>3250391
>I am a royalist, an authoritarian, and believe that the King is the divinely-justified ruler of the kingdom. The royal family and other very high nobles favor my sentiment.
>>
>>3250391
>>I am a man dedicated to the peasantry, and loved by them, too. I believe that the common person is underrepresented in this kingdom, and deserves better.
>>
>>3250391
>>
>>3250391
>>
>>3250391
>I believe in a less-centralized, local ruling system. Local lords and minor nobles are preferable to kings, in my mind.
>>
>>3250391
>>
>>3250391
>>I am a royalist, an authoritarian, and believe that the King is the divinely-justified ruler of the kingdom. The royal family and other very high nobles favor my sentiment.

Peasants gonna peasant.
>>
>>3250391
>>
File: oh yeah.png (99 KB, 500x353)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>3250391

>Artist
>Intelligent
>Persuasive speaker
>Leader
>mfw
>>
>>3250439
>>3250680
>>3250689
>>3251120
>>3251136
>>3251236
Out of curiosity, what was your reason for this choice?
>>
>>3256436
Op, fuck that guy, he saw the writing on the wall and wanted to derail it. Please go with the Man dedicated to Mankind.
>>
>>3256436
Supporting peasants is for cucks
>>3256448
Jeez, calm down man.
>>
>>3256456
>Supporting peasants is for cucks
We ARE a cuck.
>>
>>3256458
Doesn't mean we can't be one that sucks royal dick
>>
>>3256458
Maybe in your canon. As i see it, we are getting all the bitches
>>
>>3256460
>armchair psychology on
True. It could be that we suck up to the royal family to get approval and affirmation from others. This is something that people with low self-esteem do, looking for headpats and (you)s from outside through any means.
>armchair psychology off
>>
>>3256465
>Despite your lack of overall self-confidence, you attempt to make some manner of chat with the beautiful maidens of your jurisdiction, though you mostly stutter and fail when it comes to actually having to converse with them
10MIL Bitches GET
>>
>>3256456
Nah, because this is some grade-A bullshit going on right here. Our guy is going to become a badass leader who sees the people as a source of love and respect for him because the lowest of the low who have no one else to turn to and guide them to glory.
Who's more likely to show contempt to our man, the lowly peasants who bow, curtsy, and /literally/ do anything they are told of the young lord, or the asshole royals who come around, talk shit, pretending to give praise, and look for the first opportunity to backstab you? A milkmaid will tease, a young noblewoman will destory.
NO, we are going full savior route with our young hedge knight.
>>
>>3256467
We trained in that what means we got better at it.
>>
>>3256470
Relax. Characters can develop over the course of a story, if the anons will allow it.
>>3256471
Point
>>
>>3256470
Well i think you are wrong. Peasants are there to crush. Their blood to use as paint for our canvases. Fairer looking ones to use as bed warmers and bastard producing machines. Their less then tools in grand skim of things, calling them pawns would be exageration.
>>
File: Best angel.jpg (19 KB, 210x240)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>3256487
From where is your food brought? By whose hands do you believe comes the works as marvelous as the capital city and as humble as the clothes you wear? Would it be from the high lords who converse with the merchants about ships which sail no where? Would it be from the high priest who attempts to bribe the gods with paltry sacrifices and lip service? Or do you believe it is from the military leaders who have become plump from years of barking orders away from the front lines of war?
Nay, it is from the very peasants of whom you speak so little of that you are clothed, fed, and have a place to call home, for without them, whom would you rule?
>>
>>3256508
Very well put. Im glad that you understand their place in our society.
>>
>>3250391

Looks like I missed a lot of the fun.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (51 KB, 1200x900)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
I don't even know what to fucking say to you people, other than I'm going to tally this shit up and start writing, god damn

Looks like if you leave a political decision to fester long enough your thread blows up, who woulda thunk it!
>>
>>3258320
Yeah! About damn time. Threads been up for like 5 days. Don't count the proxy votes though, those are bullshit.
>>
>>3258348
And which ones are those?
>>
>>3251236
>>3251136
>>3251120
>>3250689
>>3250680
>>3250439
Royalists won out by a slim margin of two votes!

While you aren't necessarily afraid of getting the words out, your omega side always seems to bring about a spurt of stuttering whenever you're up at the speaking podium. Regardless, you haphazardly attempt to make a case for the royals, for both the peasants and the lordship alike. The lords don't necessarily like you too much deep down, but on the outside, they are forced to applaud for your speeches whenever you give them. Speaking out openly against the king could make a bad case for them in the future. The peasants, however, aren't so veiled in their criticisms - on more than one occasion, rotten fruit, clumps of mud, or in one case, an actual knife has been thrown at you. Filthy peasantry, not paying their taxes in full, you bet!

But what you don't tell anyone is that really, you applaud for the royals because you appeal to their power. You want to be like them one day, so strong, so masculine and on top of their kingdom. Maybe one day you could even find the erect penis of a royal courtier to sit on, so maybe you could both hide it and you could gain some of his power... oh, you'd love to be taken care of like that. But none of that right now! For right now, you're starting to become a man... if you could be called one, as many people entertain the notion that you might actually be a woman in disguise.

You are now a seventeen year old man, having come of age. You have no wife and none of the women of the town are yet interested in you, something your father and mother make very clear that they are disappointed in you about. You make excuses, claiming the women of the local township to be of an inferior cultural quality to women you could find elsewhere, but deep down you know it's really just because you're a bit too insecure still to approach them, and really make them yours. You wish you were on the campaign trail, so you could just quickly kill some man and rape his woman, maybe make her yours forever, but something deep down in you knows you might not be able to do even that. Regardless, you continue to throw up your facade.

Rumors have reached you that your father is thinking about tossing you to the wind, making you become a hedge knight, and disowning you from the family will - this being due to your lack of a wife, therefore a lack of any possibility for having suitable heirs, as well as your lack of masculinity directly contributing to your lack of honor. He thinks that if he tosses you to the wolves, maybe you'll learn how to fight them, and how to be like them. How do you take this?

>I'm scared! I need to pack my things and consider moving to the royal courts, I can't live like that!

>I'm angry! How dare my father deprive me of my natural birthrights?!

>I'm calm. I've been preparing for this for all of my life, and I think now it's finally time to go about my business as a t-.. true man would.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3258349
The conveniently placed one and two posts only for royalist.
>>
>>3258350
>Write-in.
>Weirdly I'm excited. I was hiding my true self, my interests, hobbies. If fathers truly free me of his will, maybe now I will be able to fully bloom
>>
>>3258350
>Write-in.
Be persuasive. Father, surely there is some woman of high birth you could arrange a political marriage with?

Failing that
>>3258375
>>
>>3258375
Supportan
>>3258384
Don't make us a literal cuckold, dammit
>>
>>3258374
Well fuck
>>3258350
>Maybe one day you could even find the erect penis of a royal courtier to sit on
>oh, you'd love to be taken care of like that
Can't fuck girls and thinkin' of the dick. OP are you trying to imply the gay? I am totally fine with this, it can only mean more shenanigans in the future.
>>3258375
I'll just vote for this then.
>>
File: cuckold.png (206 KB, 397x339)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>3258395
> cuckold
>>
>>3258399
Not gay unless you want him to be gay. What I meant there is that you're basically a cuck, so you're ok with getting tossed around and cummed on as long as you're safe and comfy, and that includes being gay
>>
>>3258399
Also the reason I went with being gay specifically is because gay relationships are.. well, they're not forbidden, but you don't talk about them openly (at least not among nobles.) So he'd have to take care of you as his gay bussy vendor, but you wouldn't have to marry him or really do anything that'd require you to put on appearances. Basically just a gold digging weasel.
>>
>>3258350
>I'm angry! How dare my father deprive me of my natural birthrights?!
>>
>>3258374
i voted decentralized as it's the patrician choice but i would have gone royalist
>>
>>3258425
Hey, I'm not accusing anyone specifically, it's just highly coincidental one or two posts were for only that choice.
>>
>>3258375
This, snobby artist free to bless the nation with his works
>>
>>3258375
>>3258399
>>3258432
You're excited! Hell, you begin packing your things up of your own damn volition. Who's your father to tell you who you are, or what you're meant to be? You'll go and prove him wrong, all on your lonesome!... is what you think, in your fantasy revenge dream. In truth, by the time you turn eighteen and your father throws you out on your ass, with nothing but a simple set of armor, a horse, and a sword to your name you're taken aback. Frightened, even, but you have no other choice - your father has made it clear that if you come back to this town, you will be tried as a criminal and locked up, or hanged. Not that the peasants would care much, you've just about alienated them. So it's off to adventure you ride.

>I want to ride towards the capital, to make big moves with big people.

>I want to ride towards the money-changing city, make some serious dough by being a jew.

>I need adventure! Tournaments, glory, women who maybe I don't have to pay for! Battle! I need to ride to the kingdom's marches!

>Write-in.
>>
>>3258490
>I want to ride towards the money-changing city, make some serious dough by being a jew.
>>
>>3258490
>I need adventure! Tournaments, glory, women who maybe I don't have to pay for! Battle! I need to ride to the kingdom's marches!
FOR GLORY AND MANHOOD
>>
>>3258490
Alright boys, it sounds like this is going to shape up into an epic quest for a cuck to become a true man. I didn't really see that avenue when I was first writing this, but now that I do, I see lots of potential. I will return to this thread at 2:00 PM EST, tomorrow. First I'll finish a few things over on my other thread tho

(Actually I might just make a new thread since I'm pretty sure this one's gonna die on account of being three days old, so if it does, 2:00 PM EST new thread is being made - also someone please archive this in the event of that happening)
>>
bumping till someone archives this, because I have no idea how to archive on phone
>>
>>3258713
We should have 3-4 more days.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>3258502
>>3258504
jew = 1
manhood = 2
>>
>>3259203
Fuck yeah! Jews 1# Wooohooo!
>>
File: Truth.jpg (195 KB, 850x446)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>3259203
>>3259206
I can work with this. Let's learn of the "Jews"
>>
>>3258502
oof I got kinda busy, LET'S GO

You saddle up your horse, and almost fall off of it, making yourself look like a fool. Everyone already considers you one anyways, so who cares? Shortly, you're galloping away from your childhood home, some pigments and a brush in your saddlebag, and dreams in your heart. You're off to Otwar, the money-changing city of the Kingdom, where all kinds of currencies flow free, loan sharks run rampant, and there is almost no regulation not done by the Guilds. A capitalist's dream.

On the way there, you stop along the road to find an old man. He looks up to you, and approaches you like a creep. "H-hello sir! I... I have something for you! There's a tournament around! Would you like to know where it is? Would you? You have to pay! Hahahahaha!"

>Kick the man in the face and ride away.

>Pay him, ask him where the tournament is.

>Kill him with your sword and bolt the fuck out of there.

>Kill him and loot him.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3259905
Describe what he looks like.
>>
>>3259927
He is an old man, dressed in threadbare linen clothing, with an old, gray beard. He looks a sorry sight, having many scars all over, presumably from some sort of war that you weren't around to see or hear of; this man clearly has a lot of history behind him, and to be brought down to such pitiful levels is probably his greatest regret.
>>
>>3259934
Does he look like Fagin?
>>
>>3259936
Yes, imagine Fagin with a white beard. Crazy eyes included. The man looks like he's underfed, and is super hopeful that you'll pay him literally anything right now.
>>
>>3259942
Kill him and loot him.
>>
>>3259942
Wait, sorry, that's ooc decision. Pay him and ask where the tournament is. Our omega wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>3259905
>>Pay him, ask him where the tournament is.
>>
>>3259905
Look at him with disgust so potent that he's compelled to get on his knees a nd beg for the privilege of telling is.
>>
>>3259905
>Pay him, ask him where the tournament is.
>>3260385
I don't think we're capable of doing that tbqhentai
>>
>>3260390
Doesn't mean we shouldn't try. If we've gotta be some self-loathing cuck I don't see why it can't manifest as contempt for others.
>>
>>3260410
>self-loathing cuck
>cuck
This is the problem. We're too much of a pussy to do anything like that.
I voted for MANHOOD to create a story of emotional growth and gaining manhood but SOME ANONS want us to be a (((noble))) instead. I really don't agree but that's how it is now
>>
>>3259951
>>3260311
>>3260390
You reach into your purse, and take out a coin. The man immediately snatches it from your hand like a black man with crack cocaine, and looks at it, quickly biting into it - yes, it's real gold. He laughs like a madman. "The tournament... the tournament is in the outskirts of Fallholdt!" He says, running away as fast as he could, like a black man from responsibility. (fuck you tyrone... ; ( )

You sigh, a gold coin down, but up in the knowledge of the tournament. What do you do?

>Keep riding, you don't have time for tournaments. You need to go make some fuckin' dough.

>Let's go to the tournament, win us some honor and glory, and maybe we can impress a woman so much she'll talk to us for free?

>Write-in.
>>
>>3260485
>Let's go to the tournament, win us some honor and glory, and maybe we can impress a woman so much she'll talk to us for free?
Maybe we can win prize money in a tournament.
>>
>>3260485
Need to stop being a bitch so we can be a snob
>>
>>3260485
>>Let's go to the tournament, win us some honor and glory, and maybe we can impress a woman so much she'll talk to us for free?
>impress a woman so much she'll talk to us for free?

Yeah, that's the motivation we need. Let's the learn the true nature of (women}
>>
>>3260485
Ok QM. Fuck you
>>
>>3260499
>>3260514
>>3260833
We have no combat training. Character is weak. Why You want to participate in tournament?
>>
>>3261059
Because suffering build manhood. I don't want him to become a shekel-grabbing merchant.
>>
>>3261059
Because we just left home and want to prove we can make it out on our own.
>>
>>3260833
>>3260514
>>3260499
You finally make the decision to spur your horse forward, though you kick a bit hard and almost fall off as your horse rears up and sprints. Luckily, you weren't hurt, and your horse calmed down about 50 meters later. Shortly ahead was a crossroads, and you were faced with a decision you had already made. Shortly you're on your way to Fallholdt, a hold on the marches of the kingdom, embroiled in war, banditry, and all sorts of terrible happenings - just the sort of place where prospecting knights such as yourself want to be, for tournament-going. However, it's beginning to get dark. You need to make camp for the night.

>Look for an inn ahead on the road to settle down in for the night, it doesn't matter if you have to spend some more coin, you want a proper bed.

>Try to make a camp further along the road, if you can find a clearing.

>Just ride through the night, sleep is for pussies... though you might be one, so.

>Write-in.
>>
>>3261083
>>
>>3261083
Hardship makes your balls hard
>>
>>3261083
Also that's it for me for tonight, it's 4 AM lmao. Keep voting, will be back tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST.
>>
>>3261059
Because we're currently to much of a wimp to be a dick
>>3261083
Try to make a camp further along the road, if you can find a clearing
>>
>>3261083
>Look for an inn ahead on the road to settle down in for the night, it doesn't matter if you have to spend some more coin, you want a proper bed.

>>3261089
Good night. On a side night, how much coin do we have?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.