[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

You are a pirate aboard one of the many ships of the many crews that amalgamate around the dreaded Hell Reef, a small moving island that harbors a terrible Sea Hag and her servants.
There aren't many problems between the two parties. The crews supply her with people to eat, and she keeps the seas safe for them and deadly for others. A pretty sweet deal.
But enough about all that, let's focus on YOU!

You are
>Male
>Female
>>
>>3248614
>Male
I want to be a pretty pirate prince
>>
>>3248614
>Female
Pillaging male booty and being a free woman.
>>
>>3248770
>>3248620
Coin-Flip, Like an "it's a random thing we don't get to choose" thing, like in real life
>>
>>3248853
But in reality I'm not a cute boy at all.
>>
>>3248620
>>3248853
>Male
Of course you're a pretty pirate prince! Though pirate was a recent addition to your resume, and prince might be stretching it a bit. One day though, maybe...

Having been on one of the more crew-neutral ships long enough to get pretty settled into life at sea but not long enough to really get chummy with the crew, you grab up your trusty sabre decide it's time to...!

Um, what was it again?
>Acquire those sweet sweet dubloons
>Make pals, chums, and other friends
>Hone your sick swashbuckling skills
>Write in
>>
>>3248917
>Write In
The Booty (In all senses) are a bonus, What I'm really after is something more esoteric, I seek arcane knowledge (E.G. Cultist Simulator: Pirate addition, If that's cool in this)
>>
>>3248938
Pirate-kun is free to be controlled as you all see fit! Go wild!
>>
>>3248938
I'll support this. Best way to improve swashbuckling is by adding magic.
>>
>>3248938
>>3249000
Well then, long live the old ones
>>
File: Pirate kun goes arcane.png (137 KB, 2050x1110)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>3248938
>>3249014
>>3249017
>Learn the ways of the arcane arts
That's it! Magic makes everything better, right?

After a little asking around about where to learn magic, the general direction you're pointed in is toward one of the main pirate crews named "The Reverence"
The Reverence are mostly described as the main magic crew and the ones who deal with the Sea Hag the most. They're also known for being... really weird.
Their whole crew is more like one big seafaring cult than a band of pirates, with their captain, a strange woman named Rhian, naturally acting as leader. However, they can swashbuckle with the best of them! Is it really the best place to hang around though...?

>What do?
>>
>>3249120
The question isn't "who can teach us magic", it's who doesn't like magic", if we know what they don't want us doing/reading/going to, then assuredly we find such things, though the cult might be useful, keep them in mind
>>
>>3249120
Get a dope robe with a pirate aesthetic so we don't look like a noob when we introduce ourselves
>>
>>3249120
Gotta research occult stuff first to join the big leagues, find a creepy fortune-telling witch or something to teach us the basics.
>>
>>3249148
>>3249179

I now specifically what we should look for, A Patron. Yes, someone who's already got power and is willing to exchange for worship/sacrifices. our beauty, wish to use magic to improve combat and more carnal undertones would probably line us up best with the in-universe Slaanesh equivalent, let's ask the local priesthoods. you know playing dumb, of course, don't want to be revealed as a heretic or something
>>
File: Mental map.png (106 KB, 1478x1032)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>3249148
>>3249154
>>3249179
>>3249186

With some more asking about, you've gathered that not many people really dislike magic at all. Not very many follow any organized religion either, save for the Reverence of course.
Many of the ships are connected via a system of ladders, bridges, etc. and have various shacks and buildings all built above and below the decks. Some are shops, public quarters, yadda yadda, but most people agree that the place for the best, shiniest, and also most expensive things would be on one of the Haughts' ships.
Though there's the obvious place to research occult things with the Reverence, some have mentioned that the crew called the Shanties, a fun-loving, jovial, musical bunch, might be home to a fair amount of bards.

What to do first?
>Check out the Reverence
>Check out the Haughts
>Check out the Shanties
>Write in
>>
>>3249326
>Shanties
>>
>>3249326
>Check out the reverence
let us come to them with wholehearted honesty, that we're seekers of power, and of stimulus, and see if any god in their pantheon can please our wish in exchange for the proper rite and offerings
>>
>>3249326
>Check out the Reverence
>>
File: THE REVERENCE.png (112 KB, 1478x1032)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>3249356
>>3249364

>Check out the Reverence
Deciding to delve into the depth of the occult crew, you head into Reverence territory.
The first thing that hits you is the overwhelming scent of fish and a hint of iron. From the edge of their ships going inwards, crew members go from looking like regular pirates to cloaked wierdos to full on cult disciples.
Asking about their pantheon gets you knowledge that they worship and revere the Sea Hag hidden deep in the mainland of the Hell Reef. Word is that Captain Rhian even tries to be like her in every way...

Welp, they don't quite worship a god per say, but they do seem to be magical at least. Where to go from here?
>Ask one of the more normal pirates about gaining occult knowledge
>Go straight for the main ship for knowledge
>Go someplace else for arcane power
>Write in
>>
>>3249485
>Write In
ask of these qualities, and If one such as us, a seeker of great power, pleasure, and perfection of form could cory this Hag's favor
>>
>>3249485
>ask one of the more normal pirates about gaining occult knowledge
>>
>>3249513
This
>>
File: Trisha.png (66 KB, 836x888)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>3249513
>>3249537
>>3249544

You engage one of the fairly normal members of the Reverence in conversation, seeking the three P's!
"You... want favor from the Hag?" The woman scratches the back of her head
"I guess you can give up a bunch of meat to the servants when they come around, but I don't think they gossip much to their master. I wouldn't go off to find her though. Not a lot, hells, nobody comes back from that."
She chuckles and looks you up and down.
"You could try sticking fish scales into your face like Rhian, heheh. Why do you wanna know anyways? You a new guy trying to jump up the ranks?"
>>
>>3249661
>What say?

>This'll be my last post for tonight, gotta get up early for an Ars game. Quest'll be back on tomorrow, so see you then!
>>
>>3249735
Thanks OP. Sounds interesting. Have fun.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.