[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1547546087125.jpg (278 KB, 761x843)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Do you like to rate the anime you've watched? When I'm bored I do it as a way of, outside of wasting time, comparing series I've watched, and retaining my memory of the of said shows by recalling what I liked/disliked about them.
>>
Name the last 5 anime you did this with.
>>
File: thinkin bout sales.png (255 KB, 579x451)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>2845159
do you really?
>>
>>
>>2845183
die, thinkin bout spammer
>>
>>2845188
It's not spam, it is "avatar or signature use".
>>
not really
>>
File: 1550884292834.jpg (122 KB, 1024x576)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
I rate every series that I finish, I don't bother doing that with shows I drop. Because of that that I end up rating 80% of what I watch as a 7/10. I don't usually bother with series I like less than that and there's rarely more than one anime a season worth an 8/10, if any.
>>
>>
File: 1562803987456.png (554 KB, 700x830)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
NO and i dont track what ive watched or episodes Im in because i rarely ever watch more than one show at the same time and it seems pointless unless you want to inflate yourrego.
>>
I pretty much do the same as >>2845913. Granted, a lot of the stuff I'm "watching" tends to get indefinitely put on hold, because I either end up committing time to other things, or I just don't have the motivation to continue watching.

>>2846486
I fail to see how simply rating or tracking anime equates to "inflating your ego." Watching anime as a status symbol for MAL is one thing, but I'd figure most people do so for themselves.
>>
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
>Do you like to rate the anime you've watched?
No. I don't really keep track and I don't see the point. Saying a series is a x/10 makes less sense than saying "it's a straightened out adaptation of the original material, with good character work, adequate if dated animation and a great OST". Those ratings only make sense in a context of sharing your views in places explicitly constructed to do so and those are usually awful.
>>
back in the MAL days i would actually waste loads of time thinking of how to score things based off of arbitrary and autistic standards and make those 3x3 collages like a narcissist.

Now I just watch anime and judge them by two categories: those I liked and those I didn't. Objectivity is for boring people.
>>
>>2847531
I hope you haven't abandoned critical thinking. I'm sorry to say but that's the impression I'm getting.
>>
File: .gif (132 KB, 393x424)
132 KB
132 KB GIF
I keep a spreadsheet of all the shows I've seen. They're ordered comparatively from best to worse, but I also give each show a score to group them together.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/7gcc7t.png

those are the only ones i've bothered rating. looks like i haven't scored anything since 2013. just too lazy to go through them all and care desu. not like scores matter.
>>
File: 23744996_p0.png (2.43 MB, 2760x2048)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
I have both an IMDB and ANIDB where I rate what I've watched, mainly so I can keep track of what I've seen and so I can remember what to buy physical copies of later.
>>
Yes, I have for years and my numeric score has ascended objectivity to base-reality.
[spoiler]Join muh server -> rdXvhd[/spoiler]
>>
>>2847685
[spoiler]kill yourself[/spoiler]
>>
>>2847689
[spoiler]no u[/spoiler]
>>
>>2847661
That's a rare and good one. You have my respect.
>>
>>2847661
What does AniDB have over IMDB?
>>
File: 324908265293806.png (42 KB, 1112x388)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>2848546
ANIDB is actually better than both MAL and IMDB if you are only interested in rating anime. One reason I ended up making an account was because IMDB didn't have a bunch of the anime I watched. I always put in to make a new entry on IMDB, but I still wanted another place to have them rated in the meantime. I wasn't going to make a MAL account so I decided to try ANIDB and it is a great site.
Unlike IMDB the anime tends to have the cast and crew area entirely filled out, which is nice, but also something that MAL tends to have too. Where ANIDB outshines both of them is in the tag system, it tags the main themes, character descriptive elements, things like nudity and violence, setting and location, time periods, ect.
These can be clicked on and you can find other anime that have been tagged the same which is nice if you are looking for similar concepts or there is one thing that really interests you. Of course these can be edited and added as well if you are one of the few whose seen it and it isn't properly tagged.
>>
>>
>>
I never rate things, I simply either liked it or I didn't.
>>
File: 1550894830538.jpg (517 KB, 1191x1149)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
I rate this thread a 10 out of 10 because a /qa/ friend made it!
>>
>>
I rate shows when I've just watched them and the memories are fresh. But often I don't know which rating I should give. Then I write a short note.
>>2847531
I give them subjective ratings.
>>2848979
I like their tags too but I dislike that I can't hide tags that spoil. ("Future Japan" is a nice piece of information but amnesia is a spoiler, for example.)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.