[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Hey /po/, does anyone have templates for Ponyo papercraft models? I found this on image search and it looks so nice and cute, but I can't find instructions for them :(. It would be great if someone can find them... or instructions for an equally good or related model. Thank you.
>>
File deleted.
>>573328
The author hasn't released the template but you can try the contact information on their website >>>/pol/211812118
>>
File deleted.
>>573330
I guess your other thread got deleted. Here's the author (email address at the bottom), good luck /po/ anon and please come back soon.
http://www.people-i.ne.jp/~p-craft/
>>
File: P1040414l[1].jpg (111 KB, 800x600)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>Ponyo on the cliff, I tried to make a papercraft. It is a public picture only.
>崖の上のポニョ,ペーパークラフト作ってみました。写真のみの公開です。
>>
File: p001[1].jpg (111 KB, 800x600)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>
File: p002[1].jpg (106 KB, 800x600)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
higher res of OP image
>>
Ponyo is such a great film! I love the soundtrack is absolutely adorable ^_^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6tFPBI4xaU
If this really turns out to be a one-off model then I suppose the next best thing to do is to design it yourself... if possible. The texture doesn't look to complicated, and details like limbs and stuff can be salvageable from other templates?
>>
>>
Great. I guess this is a mission now.
>>
File: SDC14640_s.jpg (551 KB, 3264x2448)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
I don't know how worth it this was, but thanks to the higher res pic here >>573334 that I can somewhat zoom in on, I quickly did a net in inkscape and knocked out this prototype model of the foot. Just getting a feel for how feasible it would be to reverse engineer the whole thing. Might be possible.
>>
File deleted.
>>573387
I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do, /po/ anon. It's a good thing you posted on /pol/ or I wouldn't've been around to find that for you.
>>
Haha thank you. My worry at the moment is that I get part way through recreating this and realise I'm creating a monstrous out of proportion mess, and embarrass myself... at the same time, I won't know unless I try.
Have you watched the movie? Otherwise if there's anything you can get out this, it can be that :D
>>
File: SDC14648.jpg (1.2 MB, 3264x2448)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
Trying to figure out the geometry of that puffy thing under her dress. Or at least, half of it.
>>
>>573387
WoW, Looks like the Cenotaph in front of the Alamo same shape and all. The Cenotaph weights megatons and is made of marble blocks. Chiseled onto it are images of the defender that died. Travis, Bowie, Crockett, etc. Anyway, how long did this take to create?
>>
>>573389
Based and /po/pilled
>>
>>573415
Maybe 2 hours? Sounds like a lot, but a lot of it was getting back to grips with Inkscape and stuff. I think I've over-engineered it and could do with fewer faces, and obviously needs to be scaled down... at this moment everything I'm prototyping is coming out in dodgy proportions.
>>
>>573328
Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo
Fishy in the sea
>>
File: skip_short.gif (7.53 MB, 665x360)
7.53 MB
7.53 MB GIF
>>573422
Oh pretty little girl will you swim back to meeeee?
>>
File: SDC14652.jpg (1.24 MB, 3264x2448)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
This is hard. Again, still prototyping, so what I've got so far is off-the-cuff, unmeasured models. Going to need to take a step back and think seriously about redoing what I have with correct proportions and precise gluing, before going any further.
As far as I can tell, the thingy below the skirt needs to extrude a little more out. Otherwise, are the leg stubs too skinny? Does the dress flow down at the right angle? Right height? Etc, etc, I don't know. Constructive guidance and stuff would be nice.
>>
Asked and she delivered:

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Ponyo-girl-form-papercraft-796484723
>>
File: me and you.webm (183 KB, 665x360)
183 KB
183 KB WEBM
>>573430
NO WAY! Fantastic work tracking that down!!! I appreciate it, sent them a message right away. It's 17cm too, I measured for my reverse engineering efforts that it'd be 16 - pretty satisfied with that, perhaps the prototyping I've done may have been worth it as practice for approaching the real deal. Thank you again, let's see if I get my hands on the PDF after all.
>>
>>573431
Oh wait I just realised this is in fact a recreation haha - my point still stands though, this is a much appreciated gesture!
>>
Yellow ink cartridge is destroyed, will get started on this when I get a new one.
>>
File: HAAAAAAAM!.gif (614 KB, 500x343)
614 KB
614 KB GIF
Still waiting on ink >_>
>>
>>573569
I take my PDFs to Office Max and have them print them off, it's fairly cheap and the quality is much better than inkjets at home.
>>
I actually got my ink earlier, and I've been working on this for the past few hours. Started on the hair. Think I messed up and might need to start again; I separately scored and creased a set of cut outs that I just realised I think they were meant to be stuck back-to-back to create a double sided texture. So attempting to stick them back-to-back with all the creased I've done would look mess,
That's annoying. Won't give up this early, though.
>>
File: SDC14653.jpg (1.25 MB, 3264x2448)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Picture. It's the middle of the night right now.
>>573578
Interesting concept. I once went on a hunt for a printing service while I was on holiday, friend of mine needed to print some boarding pass. We were on the move and couldn't find anything, had to resort to asking the last hotel we were in to print it. Think it would be too much of a chore for me, personally just with where I live and all, to rely on that.
>>
File: SDC14662.jpg (1.26 MB, 3264x2448)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Having trouble the the hands. Very intricate, not sure what connects to what now. Hope this impasse doesn't last long.
>>
File: SDC14663.jpg (1.29 MB, 3264x2448)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>
File: SDC14681.jpg (1.27 MB, 3264x2448)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
The hands are so fickle to construct that I ended up having to make this macro prototype just so I had every opportunity to stick, pull apart, restick, and reorient to figure out this jigsaw.
The result. It looks... okay? I think? It bulges it dodgy ways at places and stuff, but I can't imagine the pieces fitting any other way.
>>
Man, I've done the body and head now. I just need to do the frilly stuff below her skirt and legs. Super excited to post the final results.
>>
File: ponyo jellyfish.gif (859 KB, 244x244)
859 KB
859 KB GIF
>>
>>573822
Looking forward to the finished project!
>>
Studio Ghibli is overrated.
>>
>>573844
Nope
>>
File: SDC14707.jpg (385 KB, 2448x3264)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
My friends, I am done! Thank you for all the help in the past few weeks :D There's a lot I can say of my experience doing this, but I will just first off just post pictures of the final results. Here is a regular front view of her.
>>
File: SDC14708.jpg (454 KB, 2448x3264)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
Just to show I haven't cheated any details, here's a back view.
>>
File: SDC14700.jpg (395 KB, 2448x3264)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
I am a bit disappointed with the flakiness hands, especially considering it took nearly a week of fiddling with. Otherwise, I think I improved as I went downwards with the body.
My favourite part about working on this was around the beginning, working on the hair. I freaking love her hair in terms of how it's drawn and animated, so playing with it as a bit of paper brought a lot of joy.
>>
>>573902
Hey, nice job!
>>
>>573399
>Have you watched the movie?
I haven't yet! I'll have to make a point to do so next time I need to just sit down and relax, everything by Studio Ghibli I've seen so far has been quite good.

>>573902
>>573903
>>573904
Nice work! Your next one should be /pol/ themed in honor of the origins of this thread ;-)
>>
>>573988
Thank you!
>>573989
You do that! Truth be told I'm really bad at getting around to watching stuff myself, guess that's why I'm so clueless about a lot popular culture stuff.
Next thing I work on will probably something that, by some reasonable fraction, fires my imagination and passion as the cause for this project did. Happens on occasion. Not into the pol stuff though.
>>
>>573995
>Not into the pol stuff though.
:-(

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.