[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: blender_logo_socket.png (61 KB, 1800x551)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Anyone here use blender to design models? What is your workflow like? How complex are your meshes?
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (288 KB, 1915x1023)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>572908
>Anyone here use blender to design models?
No. Metasequoia.
>How complex are your meshes?
extreme lowpoly. Meshes are useless in papercrafts in my opinion.
>>
>>572938
ah fuck, I almost downloaded metasequoia too
>>
>>572908
I use it's with the paper model plugin, it tooks a clean yo time butcher is good when you can't use pepakura
>>
>>572908
I use blender for paper craft design model. then use pepakura for unfold.
>>
>>572938
where did you learn to use metasequoia? I'm having trouble connecting vertices
>>
>>573036 joining with a edge or joining to make two verts into one?

to make 2 into 1 use shortcut Ctr+J (or menubar/selected/join vertices)
to create new edges and faces use the create tool, the one between primitive and delete.

Menus varies from versions, so I hope it helps you.
>>
>>573059
Ah I see thanks, I have one more question though. I noticed in your pic that you're modelling with mirror on but when I made a model in the same manner and put it in pepakura it only gave me half of my model. Do you use pep and if so how do you get it to show the entire model?
>>
>>573063
Need to apply before export.
>>
>>573064
there wasn't an "apply" option that I could find. there is an option to clone and create reflection of an object, is that what you mean?
>>
>>573036
learned it by myself by clicking random shit and reading help
bunch of tutorials on the net
I learned years ago on 3.x or maybe even 2.x version. 3.x is maybe less intimidating and better documented than 4.x. I'm not the one to judge, but that may be true for first timers
Also 3.x unregistered shareware offers good UV unwrap while on 4.x version it's paid extra option, so it's good to have both (4.x can save 3.x compatible files although it's not default)
>>573063
"mirror objects" and select axis there
it's somewhere in "selected" menu
>>
>>573107
>"mirror objects" and select axis there
it's somewhere in "selected" menu
forgot to add, you have to click join closed vertices for each object after doing that. In other case they'll still be separated
>>
>>use blender to design models
One of the reasons I want to learn blender
>>
File: screen_object_edit.png (84 KB, 800x600)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
anim8or is a pretty neat modeling tool. easiest one to learn out of the freeware i tried. the topo knife is a pretty useful tool
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (313 KB, 1920x1080)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
proper tool for paper model design - rhino 3D
>>
>>573206
Overkill
>>
>>572938
huh. i've never heard of Metasequoia. is that for both modeling and unfolding, or just modeling? i usually use tinkercad and sketchup then unfold with pepakura, but sketchup is buggy and tinkercad is oversimplified.
>>
>>575236
just modelling, I didn't know about it either before I switched to it but it's even referenced on pepakura's website
>>
>>573036
If you're dragging a single vertex, drag it by holding the left mouse button, then when you're near another vertex you want to connect it to, click the right mouse button (while still holding the left mouse button) and it will snap to the other vertex (it sounds more complicated in words than actually doing it).

If you have two objects that share certain vertices that you want to join, first merge the two objects (just drag one on top of the other in the Object Panel, which you can show with CTRL+Q) then select the merged object in the Object Panel, then go to the Object menu and then choose Join closed vertices (you can set a margin for the vertices to be together).

Unjoined vertices/edges will result in red lines (unconnected edges) in Pepakura designer, even if they are on top each other but unjoined.
>>
>>572908
Nah. For really low-poly modeling for things like papercraft, I use Wings3D. It's really, really, really easy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.