[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: WP_20190330_006[2].jpg (1.48 MB, 2592x1456)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
Hi /po/. How about a quilling thread? This is a mandala I finished the other day, as you can see I'm still a beginner but it's a fun technique. Anybody here into it too and willing to share some pics or designs?
>>
File: WP_20190330_003[2].jpg (1.53 MB, 2592x1456)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
Looks pretty mesmerizing with background light, sadly my camera is shit.
>>
File: WP_20190222_001[1].jpg (1.15 MB, 2592x1456)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
This is how it started by the way, it took a while because I didn't plan anything in advance and only worked on it when If felt like it.
>>
File: WP_20190401_005[2].jpg (1.44 MB, 2592x1456)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
And that's my current project. The outline/frame is ready, currently I'm procrastinating because I can't decide on what colors to use for the lizards.
>>
That's really nice! Love it. First time I'm hearing about this craft, might try it out.
>>
>>572783
Yeah, it's a bit of a niche craft, or rather an art which fell out of fashion after having its peak during the late medieval and Victorian age. But it's fun and if you're already into papercrafts you have almost everything available. Basically you only need colored paper which you cut into uniform width strips, a tool to roll them into coils (slotted quilling pens are dirt cheap, but you can improvise with toothpicks or hair pins) and some glue of your choice. Then there are a bunch of optional tools like a cork board and pins to secure your shapes while the glue is drying, and so on. And there are plenty how-to videos on yt which show how to start with the usual designs like flowers, butterflies etc.
>>
File: quilling egg 1.jpg (222 KB, 1200x1600)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
And since Easter holidays are coming, have this picture for inspiration.
>>
very cool and very cute op. super graceful art. going to try it out after I receive my paper.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.