[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: IMG_1536.jpg (1.28 MB, 3264x2448)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Hey /po/

I'm recreatig Spike's grips (from Cowboy Bebop) for my Jericho. I'm making the master parts to be molded out of layered/glued paper. As you can see, the left (or top in the picture) grip is curved away from the frame. I need to fix this before I can cast it.

Do you guys know any way to flatten this out? I was going to use a little bit of water but I'm using elmer's glue and I'm afraid the grips would delaminate.
>>
You can try steaming it somehow to apply moisture
>>
You should have put weights on top of the grips to flatten them, and polished it with glue and sanded it off. And after that you can put your patterns on it.
>>
>>571914
Look up the production process for Micarta or G10 laminate. That's what actual gun grips for Actual Human Beings are made out of, and the process is roughly the same with paper. What you're doing will still get you laughed off any range in America, but that's your problem.
>>
>>572756
Op said he's going to cast them...
>>
>>572782
I know that- They'll definitely still look like they were cast from paper.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.