[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: iu[1].jpg (214 KB, 640x628)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Does Origami help getting a gf?
>>
>>566458
Not in acquiring gf, but periodical minigifts with decent amount of effort are good ways to retain gf
>>
>>566458
If a girl is interested in you, then she'll be interested in anything you're passionate about.

If she's not interested, don't try and push gifts on her. It'll only turn her off further. Do your own thing, improve yourself, and others will be drawn to you.
>>
yes.
>>
>>566458
Depends on the girl
>>
>>566458
It's not a guarantee or anything but yes.
Folding shit for her out of receipts or pamphlets whatever when you're waiting around is usually going to elicit a positive reaction. I gave my ex some kawasaki roses for her birthday and she loved it.
>>
You'd have to be really good at origami, in fact, exceptionally good. You'd have to make goddamn dragons.
>>
>>566488
shut the fuck up you virgin retard
>>
>>566458
girls really like it if you can bring them to origami.
>>
>>566458
I once folded a napkin rose for a girl which is quite easy and looks amazing if done correctly. She was really impressed
>>
>>566458
No but it can give you some confidence and stuff to be proud in, which helps self esteem pretty well which aids you in finding people to connect to.

Fun hobbies are more fun to talk about than nonstop gaming.
>>
>>566494
This is what I was trying to say in my post. Women like men who like themselves, and have something that interests them besides her.

That's why "nice guys" fail. They think that sucking up and making it all about them will make a girl like them, but nobody likes a kissass.
>>
>>566497
Honestly papercraft got me out of my "niceguy" stage, and I've found plenty of hobbies to tide me over since.

Been a good ride.
>>
>>566462
Apt summary. Best most concise advice
>>
Not really. I suppose it's more impressive than Juggling or Card Tricks.

Only skill (aside from being a functional human being) I'm aware of that will get you a GF is playing a cool musical instrument, and that relationship will also suck unless you're a functional human being.
>>
origami gets you lots of attention, but dont make it seem like you do origami for attention, for two reasons, one they will pick up on it subconsciously and dislike you for it and two origami should be about the folding and not about impressing people.

origami is the closest thing to sacred geometry in every day practice if you arent a NASA bro, really spiritual, dont pervert it with pursuit of women that you probably wont be compatable with if they are drawn to you because you make a pretty flower.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 194x259)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Women just steal ur gamis bro, i made a complex rocket ship and my sister stole it, so i made another one and gf stole it, if ur good enough they'll dig it but more than that they just want ur hard work
>>
>>566462
This 100℅
>>
>>566488
fuck off you goddamn retard.
>>
>>566458
Honestly, likely not for most girls. I've always thought origami was a girly activity.
t. femanon who's been folding since age 8
>>
>>566665
It's odd that you say that, considering the majority of it practitioners are male. Perhaps it's due to it being less physical
>>
>>566458
Can you post diagram for pic? I really wanna fold it
>>
>>566458
If it doesn't, she's not the one for you lad.
>>
>>566458
Without a doubt. If I were single and a whoremonger, I would have no problem getting a girlfriend of 8/10 or above. Anything below is an automatic acquisition. These females melt over the simplest cutesy origami model. I even had a few real pretty married MILFs come on to me. Gotta be careful with the origami fire.
>>
>>566458
maybe become a serial killer ?
(refer to Heavy Rain)
>>
>>566462
>Do your own thing, improve yourself, and others will be drawn to you
aka being a beta cuck 101
You won't draw anyone by tending to your passions and shit. Girls won't make the move on you, you have to make the move on them. I don't know who the fuck came up with this retarded idea that girls will come to you if you're good enough, but you need to stop spreading this shit. This is why a lot of people on 4chan say it's fucking hard to get a girl, despite the numerical superiority of women. Alphas won't give a shit about your sorry ass and will keep adding girls to their harem, and this passive behavior that's being spread around by people like (You) only help them.

If you want some real advice, here it is.
>go work out and keep yourself in shape
>chop off that long hair if you have it, you look like a faggot with that shit
>start talking to girls and new people more often so you can get over that social anxiety for once
>>
Hell yeah!

I taught a friend some origami which he used to woo a date in France

And it worked (although it doen’t travel well :/)
>>
No!

What are you going to do...fold a paper rose to pick up a girl in a bar?
Might as well paint a big 'L' on your face
>>
>do origami in class
>when a girl passes by I get anxious that she thinks that I am doing it to look interesting
What do I even do in this situation? I just want to fold in peace.

Also I am bumping origami threads so that papercraft threads disappear off page 1
>>
>>566458
Since OP is obviously a queer of some kind, does anyone the diagram or crease pattern of this?
>>
>>567963
Seconded, I can't find shit on this model via google :(
>>
>>(((567202)))
>>
It got me laid once, but the girl was actually clinically insane, not in the crazy ex who you call crazy because the relationship didn't go too well kind of way either, like actually in and out of mental hospitals and rehab centers kind of crazy
>>
What model is the most effective? Do girls appreciate complex models more? Can a girl’s feeble mind even comprehend the beauty of a tessellation, for example? Should we just stop chasing the carrot on a stick held by the vagina Jew riding us all and just give up?
>>
>>566586
fucking gami goblins
>>
>>568251
a girl who appreciates origami, is able to fold nice models or is learning, may be a bit more receptive to another folder. You should be able to start as folding buddies and slowly become close friends or a relationship develops
>>
Reverse searching led me to a deleted youtube video so this is how I think the topic model is made. Make 8 of them and lock them together. I inverted the colors in the gif by accident but I think you guys can figure it out. Hope this helps
>>
File: 7fe.png (30 KB, 514x352)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>568272
>show girl something I folded
>‘Nice, how many pieces of paper is it made of?’
>‘Uh, only one’
>‘Huh’
>>
I think waitress/bellboy type origami like folded roses works to get her..but if you messing with her don't play with her heart or her & her mama's relationship..be yourself and you know have fun...
Henry Pham has loads of Pikachu and Obelisk does anime girls
>>
File: IMG_20180930_010342.jpg (1.75 MB, 4032x3024)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>566459
This, except my gf is the origami nut, this is the first time I've been on this board and I'm prolly not coming back lol.
Pic related, every time I see that lil Dino I remember her folding it for me as we were cuddling.
>>
>>566893
The gf I have now I got from being myself, didn't make any opening moves except talking to her. She started handing me notes every other day with cute/uplifting drawings on them until one day one had her number.
Not to mention, been asked to a few girls choice dances and I've done literally nothing except do my thing.
>>
File deleted.
>>568280
I think YOU are Henry Pham, you keep shilling that channel and your posts are easily recognizable because you type like an Indian.
>>568369
Is that the Tapping clapping yapping etc. T-Rex by Jeremy Shafer?
>>568370
just bee urself my dude :^)
>>
Some girls like artsy guys but if she's artsy herself that maybe too much sameness...
I used to draw and was good at it ...I think she'd get pissed off you spending more time on c.ps than her
>>
>>566490
ahahhaah u know nothing, i had at least 4-5 times when some girls gave me a chance thank a dragon
>>
>>566458
not if you're ugly
>>
>>566893
>starts off with potentially good advice about being assertive and approaching girls (which is in fact not mutually exclusive with improving yourself but complementary to it).
>shits the bed with the same superficial "Get-Your-Life-Together Starter Pack™" advice pushed on /fit/ and /fa/

The only good point there is talking to girls and new people more often.
Believe it or not, other people are also insecure, and even if they're more attractive, they can always find something to feel insecure about. They key is to be confident, and assertive if necessary, around other people, and that comes from practice more than anything. If you want to look good for yourself that's great, but if you don't learn how to feel confident regardless of your looks, you'll become overly reliant on them and you'll just be a slightly better looking socially awkward guy. Or you can go for plastic surgery until you're a 10/10, but then what if you're not as tall or as muscular as the other guys? The issue with confidence must be addressed from within. Have you ever met scrawny, average, or fat people who were popular and had girlfriends? what about people with long hair, no hair, or mohawks? I've known all these kinds of popular and social people, far more often than I've met of the fit and buzzcut variety.
Looking good might make more people receptive to you, but if you have the personality of a log and can't keep a conversation going with anyone, no one's going to waste their time with you.
>>
Maybe. I was given an origami rose that I kept till the guy who gave me reveal himself to be such a douchebag I threw it away.

It's icing on the cake, but the cake still has to be nice.
>>
>>566459
>but periodical minigifts with decent amount of effort are good ways to retain gf

My brother bulk brought craft jewellery he keeps on hand for such a reason when he was in college...
>>
I did some origami and I still don't have a gf...
Life sucks, u make good origami and the girls don't come to you.
>>
>>566458
It's a good icebreaker to get girls to talk to you but from there it's up to you to make her a gf.
>>
>>566458
It can be great on a date, as you're chatting fold up a napkin or leaflet or something into an interesting pattern and don't draw attention to it. It makes for a great convocation piece.
>>
>>568708
hey i am late to this thread, but i have been here for a decade and this is seriously a standout post compared to most of the garbage i see here. You made a lot of sense. Theres a lot of wisdom here.
>>
>>569292
this is why i started transitioning from male to female
if the girls don't come to you, become the girl
>>
>>567202
bar sluts are for quick fucks
there's a reason there's alot of them
not gf material
>>
>>566458
no
>>
>>569907
This is insulting on so many levels
>>
sure, you‘ll probably get a gf (male)
>>
yes :)
>>
>>566458
Fold your own GF
>>
>07/28/18
op is probably dead at this point
>>
>>570022
What's insulting is going to a locale with the intention of having pre-marital sex.
>>
>>568275
Thank you so much.
>>
well i dint find the exact model in Op's pic i found this in one of those shitty craft videos i was bored watching

im thinking Op's is a variation on this one
skip to 5:00
https://youtu.be/DKfcF0i4HvA?list=PLwGlunA8pmYS0fXvCKwjqzmGXsXGT5DKU
>>
At least you can make your own gf.
>>
>>566458
Do girls really love us boys in the first place? I've never had any kind of female affection before and I just don't even know if girls really even love boys, "love" as in the love that my mom gave me when I was a child, since that's the only female love I know of. Also my first visit to /po/. Nice to meet you all. First thread here. I'll be perusing the rest after this one. Anything I should know in advance? :3 I sure hope you guys are more sensitive and kind than the users everywhere else...
>>
File: 1553202454331.jpg (290 KB, 1012x1324)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Helped me get one, then she broke up with me a month later, cause I'm a major autist (literaly, didn't have a clue how to be a boyfriend )
>>
>>571944
Dont worry, because handsome men like us can outlast without a filthy 3dpd bitch
>>
>>566458
I'm a girl and i love origamis. I had this one classmate who also did, and i kinda had a crush on him. That of course, depends on the person's interest because no every girl in the world loves origamis. ''It depends'' is the answer
>>
My two gal friends who paint think my origami is pretty cool and are impressed by it. Some others don’t see it as anything more than paper. I think people who do various forms of art appreciate it more than those who don’t.
>>
>>566488
This is origami, who the fuck DOESN'T make "goddamn dragons"?
>>
>>567202
At a bar? Fold a "goddamn dragon". The worst you'd get is free drinks.
>>
>>568275
Thanks Anon
>>
Origami is a great conversation starter. And people will pay attention when you fold in public. But it is only an opening. It may have gotten them to pay attention, but if you can't sell yourself then you won't get anywhere, no matter how good you are.
>>
>>574464
how make dragons?
>>
>>571358
>breaking news! local OP dies from aids!
>>
Id say if your girl likes anime then make some dolly characters from them cartoons..or roses but aside from that no..girls dont really like bugs..beasts or dragons
>>
>>566458
if anything origami helps you get even less chance with girls
>>
>>574502
I wouldnt agree.i have good luck with girls...and having a hobby is complimentary..there are a few girls that go to the conventions as well...
>>
If you can talk to girls and aren't a social fool then yeah man. It'll help. People like origami, it's a fun talent
>>
>>566469
Well that didn't work
>>
>>568275
I wasn’t sure about this until I tried it a few times, after I managed to get it right and keep doing it I was starting to get looks from the women around me at work. A week in and I just got my first phone number, I’m about to go out on a date but I just made three of these for a little extra oomph when the mood hits. Thanks /po/ I always knew you were the best board.
>>
>>566458
if she's into flowers, and likes you, an even this duplo-commercial flower will her go nuts.
>>
>>574495
fuck! origami really worked damn well!
>>
https://blog.lareviewofbooks.org/essays/sacred-geometry-visit-4chan-papercraft-origami-board/

>>566581
Good work anon.
>>
>>575377
Uh dumbest comment ever..
I mean girls like dolls. gift bags and flowers..
Theres no way shes going to turn down a model of nurse joy from pokemon ..jess from team rocket or princess peaches from mario bros..
Hint...hello kitty and other* soft *stuff is for long term girlfriends not side chicks and noobs
>>
>>566893
>chop off that long hair if you have it, you look like a faggot with that shit
If you have good hygiene, healthy hair, and masculine facial structure, long hair can work to your benefit.
>>
I tried flowers and girly things without success with a coworker (it did not worked out but we are great friends now), after some time i just said fucked and handle her a hippogriff (she is a big harry potter fan) then i started to build more and more mythological origami (dragons, unicorns, etc).
It's quite fun to look over my desk and watch her playing with the origami decorating her desk.
>>
>>566586
Kek your sister and your gf are roasties man
>>
Origami doesn’t help. Your mindset does.
>>
>>566458
no
>>
>>566581
Exceptionally based
>>
File: origami.png (932 KB, 1165x523)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
Impressed my wife with a bunch of origami models when we just started dating. It was a chess set, some flowers, cranes etc.

Most of the girls will find origami as a delicate art and will have a positive opinion on you based on the fact that you've had enough patience and devotion to make a complex model.
Just don't get carried away with it
>>
>>578777
what do you mean carried away with it?
>>
Sometimes I'll make a heart out of a piece of paper when already dating. Used to make tulips out of beeswax on hot summer days.
It's more of a party trick though. Worth learning just to do at boring dinner parties and impress boomers.
>>
>>566581
this is correct
>>
>>566458
no
>>
>>578777
>Impressed my wife
Read op again
>>
>>566458
MAKE YOUR GF WITH ORGAMI!
>>
>>579045
This is the most correct answer.
>>
>>566458
Having any hobby can help you in all aspects of your life
>>
>>566458
both me and the girl I'm into are into origami, so I guess I'll see
>>579045
I guess that's also always an option :)
once made an origami vagina out of a money note as a birthday present to a friend who'd jokingly asked for "chicks and cash", so I have some sort of experience
>>
>>579066
>once made an origami vagina out of a money note as a birthday present to a friend who'd jokingly asked for "chicks and cash", so I have some sort of experience
kek, that's pretty good. Did you design it yourself or find a design online? Have any pictures?
>>
File: origami_vagina.pdf (1.95 MB, PDF)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PDF
>>579068
it was a slight modification of a design i found online, if you google "dollar origami vagina" you can see a lot of pics, I've attached diagrams, these aren't the ones I used but the steps look very similar to what I did.
>>
>>579069
Nice. Thanks.
>>
>>566458
how do i fold that, i am new here btw. reverse image search doesnt come up with anything.
>>
>>579214
An anon above provided a nice GIF animation, look for message:
>568275
>>
>>579274
>look for message:
just put an extra angle bracket and you can link right to it:
>>568275
>>
>>579309
Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>579336
You're welcome! Linking to a post in a different thread works differently, so you might want to read this:
https://4chan.org/faq#quote
>>
>>566458
Eh, who knows? It could work. There are worse ways.
>>
Women have no individual thoughts and merely follow what is culturally popular

If Origami was considered badass in our culture, women would flock to the Origami masters
>>
>>579391
Based
>>
Two years later and still no gf.
>>
Depends on the girl. As a girl who loves origami, I'd say not really. It might impress the girl for a bit, but unless its super creative, it won't hold their interest for too long. Girls want more to a guy than just the cool things he can make or buy to impress the girl. Girls want a personality. Girls want the guy to show that he puts effort into building a relationship with them, whether it's a friendship or something more. If you use the origami to show her your personality, then that might work a little better. For example, you could use the origami to give her cute little notes that say something positive to make her day better. That could help you get closer to the girl. But if you fold a piece of paper into a little bird and show it to the girl expecting her to fall head-over-heels for you, then I hate to be bearer of bad news, but that's not how it works. But origami is still pretty cool, and it could possibly be the thing that catches the girls attention. An unconventional, uncommon, or not stereotypical hobby is a sign of unique interests, and that can make you seem interesting. But there is going to need to be more things about you that are interesting than the fact that you fold a square of paper into boats, flowers, or elephants, etc.. Wow her with big thoughts. Okay, that's a bit long winded for this question, lmao, so imma head out.
>>
I mean.. if I can do better origami than a guy I'm sure as hell not going to be impressed. It takes more than a few cranes or stars to wow us lol
>>
>>579739
What about Ryujin 3.5 and Chill? Would that work for a gami-girl?

Jokes aside, I've never even met another origami artist period, let alone a girl I was interested in. And it's not like most people are invested in origami to the point that it's the only thing in their life.

So it never made sense to me to try and relate to someone with a singular topic, like what >>579720 said. It was more like, "Hey here's something that I like to do. Let's talk about that a bit and then talk about what you like as well."

Being hyperfocused on one topic is neat and all, but it makes for terrible conversation, and limits the amount of connections you can have with people.
>>
>>579740
Stick to cute stuff ..roses teddy bears ...dolls...and cards
And stay camoflaged behind those cardboard boxes
>>
my gf loves little origami gifts, so if you can get the gf the sole fact that you consistently give her cute gifts and tokens of affection will make her potentially appreciate you more.
but don't just try to give your crush a senbazuru and think she'll love you
>>
>>566458
Origami is a very feminine hobby, I think it would cause a lot of women to view you as unmasculine.
>>
>>566458
It doesn't help OP

I've been doing Origami for 12 years and I'm still gay
>>
no
>>
>>567948
If a girl has low self esteem she might approach you in which case ask her to come play videos game in your apartment
>>
>>579759
Lol @ this retarded incel.
>>
>>577167
Wow you really had to ruin this thread with that incel shit didn't you?
>>
>>566458
Wtf is this board?
Thread from 2018 on front page
>>
>>580116
origami takes a long time to fold
>>
*looks side ways*
>>
File: IMG_20170603_231738.jpg (27 KB, 600x392)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>566458
It can ;))
>>
>>566893
>>chop off that long hair if you have it, you look like a faggot with that shit
The girls stopped coming when I shaved my afro. But back then I had no social skills so I still didn't get a girlfriend...
The point stands, some girls like long hair.
>>
>>566458
can i be your gf?
>>
File: dg90LOi.jpg (1.31 MB, 3024x4032)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>566458
>>566697
>>567963
>>567979
>>579214
https://imgur.com/a/ARgfbBA
>>
>>566458
got me a gf in 4th grade
so if she's got the mentality of a fourth grader, probably
>>
>>566458
Wow this is a really good thread, I have a gift for you.
>>
>>581025
Nice
>>
>>569292
Your origami isn't strong enough.
>>
>>581025
thanks
>>
>>581025
why are your hands so huge
>>
>>581025

I just make that and it seems pretty flimsy and falls apart if you breathe on it.

Also it doesnt look great close up but it might be my budget dollar store paper that makes it look bad.
>>
File: 1404564315440.jpg (510 KB, 793x931)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>581025
very good man
>>
>>566458
most people have no idea how complex anything is so go for simple flowers and she'll love whatever you give her
>>
It won’t guarantee that you’ll get a girlfriend, but you can use your skill as a way to impress her. A friend of mine folded different origami animals but he wrote a letter (to his now girlfriend) on the paper before he /
started folding. He highlighted one letter of the alphabet in each letter to her and reminded her to keep track of the letters. Ultimately he asked her to be his girlfriend.
>>
"Anon, you know lots about paper right? Can you help me pick one for this project I'm working on?"
true story
>>
>>581025
Thanks
>>
>>566458
Lol I made origami flowers and handed them out at a strip club ... thay kicked me out in like 10 minutes I walked the the place sat down and had a drink and the girls came up asking for tips too soon and I handed her and flower made out of a Post-It note tab I ues to keep them in my pocket to do fast folds when I was bord I gess the girl was creeped out and mad at the same time when I didn't give her a dollar bill lol good times
>>
>>583378
They probably thought you were a poorfag who wasn't going to pay the whores. I used to work at a club, we were supposed to remove people like that to make room for actual customers.
>>
>>566458
As >>579759 says, you would be luckier if you aim to get a flamboyant bf instead.
>>
>>566458
Well, at least you have a cool hobby.
>>
>>577167
But anon, his sister and his gf are the same person!
>>
>>584796
No they're not, his gf is your Granny.
>>
>>566458
It helped me get one, but it was always in addition to something else (like a chocolate for example)
>>
>>566458
what helps is being good and passionate and recognized at something, if you are an origami teacher and make your life out of selling workshops to bussiness people to teach about team building or communication or shit like that girls will suck your cock, not for the origami shit but for the money
>>
>>584877
It ain't always about the money, dickhead.
>>
>>566458
I am just perusing other boards right now

NO YOU GODDAMN SIMP THEY WILL THINK YOU ARE AUTISTIC

Lift weights. Play an instrument. Dont be beta. Make money. Know how to eat pussy. There you go.
>>
>>584959
ok retard
>>
>>571373
Based.
>>
>>584959
>don't do art, but learn an instrument
Why not both? Anon won't get a gf by origami alone, but having passions and interests (such as origami) can help. Have some culture.
>>
Well, some girls are quick to understand the advantage of a guy with skilled fingers...
>>
well it will make your bond and love stronger if she too is into origami
id love if we could make a model together id cry in happiness
>>
File: 1591351700899.jpg (91 KB, 650x825)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>566458
it better
>>
I made my girlfriend out of origami
>>
>>585686
pics or it didn't happen
>>
File: 1590190818525.png (139 KB, 500x779)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>585687
>>
>>571944
Literally all that it takes to be a successful boyfriend is to communicate with your gf and find things you both enjoy doing to do together.

Don't give up, there are more fish in the sea.
>>
>>585701
s-she's kinda c-c-cute.
>>
>>566458
The secret to finding love is to stop searching
>>
>>566458
Nah
>>
>>566458
In the colder months maybe _since women are strange, one minute all over you ,the next ignoring you ,curving you or telling you to get lost.
I know the person I have a crush on is 9years younger than me who likes anime and is probably a comic con regular.
Hence I've started looking into cosplay if he could make origami anime characters I think I'd strip naked
>>
>>586801
This is good advice.
>>
>>586801
>>586854
I haven't been looking for my whole life and don't have anything, somehow this seems wrong
>>
>>587135
You can't stop if you haven't started, retard.
>>
louder for the anons in the back
>>
>>566893
based monkey
>>
This is kind of condensed.

I made a crane when I was younger for my buddies little sister.
She held onto it for 10 years until her house burned down.
I ended up reconnecting with her on Facebook and going on a date with her,
I bought a cutesy origami paper pack because she had told me about the crane.
We end up going to a bar and I brought out the paper and started teaching her all the figures I know.
End up getting super hot and heavy for two nights.
She's absolutely perfect and I feel like I'm doing everything right.
Suddenly I'm at work and she sends me a text saying she's sorry but she's going quiet for a couple days.
I panic and ask her what's wrong.
No response.
I wait a couple more days and message her again.
No response.

It's been almost a year and I still haven't heard from her.
More than this happened but this is the general premise.
It hurts everyday.
I've dated multiple girls since then but nothing compares.
I hope you all find love.
>>
File: 21312312412.jpg (779 KB, 762x1066)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
Did you get a gf yet op
>>
>>566458
>>
>>587624
>>/r/smallpenisproblems
>>
>>586840
>I know the person I have a crush on is 9years younger than me who likes anime and is probably a comic con regular.
ok nonce

oragami can help you get a gf in two ways - most girls will appreciate handmade gifts of flowers and the like, but only if they are already attracted to you somewhat, and it can help you meet women because oragami is generally a more female orientated hobby.

no girl will date you for your oragami skills, but girls you meet at your unis oragami club will appreciate getting an oragami rose
>>
File: 1611383927604.jpg (94 KB, 521x808)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>get into origami
>Struggle, but finally complete my first figure (a swan)
>Made two, hoping to give the best looking to some good-looking
>End of morning, found no one who would like it
>Say ehh fuck it and give it to some girl I'm friends with
>She liked it and thanked me, saying it was pretty and such
I think there are three joys in origami. First is getting through a hard step, second is completing the model, and third one is giving it away to someone who would appreciate it
>>
>>566458
>>588921

I have not yet had the chance to hand it to her, but I will keep you updated on the outcome.
In my opinion, it has to fit in the story. It's about the effort.
>>
>1 IP this thread
What the fuck
>>
>>591557
Canadian spotted
Go make an origami leaf you nonce
>>
>>566893
Based except for hair. What's the problem with long hair
>>
>>591704
nothing wrong with long hair necessarily but you will have to work harder to maintain it and style it
>>
>>566458
At least origami teaches you patience. And it makes you improve your fine motor skills.
This may help.
>>
>>566458
No. Do things for yourself or you will never be happy.
But it can be a way to meet people as any shared hobby.
>>
>>566462
OP this is the right take. Girls who care about you will care about way dumber hobbies than origami (which unironically does impress some people).
I'll tell you this though, it's way easier to get a gf and for her to be impressed by your origami skills than to get a gf because she's impressed by your origami skills.
Also at the end of the day while women are different from men yes, they are also the same as you in a way. You'll find some pretty incredible people who will be impressed by a hobby you do and that will probably leave you scratching your head as to why.
>>
Yes, knowing how to make shit and demonstrating an ability to learn new skills is a very attractive quality. Of the dudes I’ve dated the ones who could fix shit were the best, and even better were the ones who were artists in addition to fixing shit.
>>
Niggas really be having threads for years on this board! Wow
>>
>>592550
Fuck off, tripfag.
>>
>>574464
I dont... havent found the right one yet
>>
>>566458
I met my bf doing origami of little aliens and he turned out to be cheating on me. Lessons learned.
>>
>>568021
That's kinda hot actually
>>
>>569907
kek
>>
>>570022
Only because you know it's the truth
>>
File: 71jqyiouacL._SL1000_.jpg (212 KB, 1000x641)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>566462
>>566893
>>566458
OP if you're still here, its an equilibrium of these 2 ideas. if a girl likes you she'll come to you no matter what your hobby is. However this may not always be the case, so you have to try and start the conversation. "Get the ball rolling" as people say. Now this may not be easy, but with self imrpovement (See /fit/-samas reply for more detail though you're gonna have to find what works for yourself) you can get better at it.

Do not be afraid of failure, its only a scuffed stone in your path of life. People will come and leave, and sometimes its up to you to make that move. Take it, even if you fail you can sleep soundly at night knowing you made the effort to try.

You got this OP, i know im 1000 days late but still don't lose hope
>>
>>566462
This, ignore that cuck response
>>
I masturbated on an anime origami fold and left it to dry in the window .
A few weeks later after class I notice a girl flicking her hair and giving really obvious signs for me to talk to her.i asked her if she got Netflix and does she like Manga ?
Great we hit it off I think I summoned a girl thanks to my cooming over that paper model . No one would even guess because it sets like glue
>>
200th reply!
>>
>>566462
The fuck?
No, a girl who is interested in you isn’t and doesn’t necessarily need to be interested in your hobbies like origami or video games or sport or anything. What is this advice. Girls that are interested I. You aren’t just going to be interested in everything you like because they like you. Do you suddenly have a passion for jewelers or makeup or the latest season of a tv show just because the girl you’re with likes it? Fuck no.
People have different interests and that’s fine.
Origami is not exactly a common thing. And that is fine. Healthy relationships are built with regards to differences not similarities.
>>
>>594723
You are a faggot
>>
>>598154
Second it
>>
>>598153
>Healthy relationships are built with regards to differences not similarities.
Other way around, mate. Built on similarities, but maintained with a healthy regard to differences.
>>
>>598154
Yeah what a fag
>>
>>581025
>>568275

Thank you anons
>>
why this thread has been continue for like 3 years?
>>
>>598237
It do be like that sometimes
>>
>>566458
I had a very hot gf once. Absolute 10/10 was a full time model. I showed her 4chan and she immediately clicked on this board and spend a couple min here. We broke up about 6 months later.
>>
>>566458
Sure.
>>
>>566850
Sage words of wisdom. It is my guess that a lot of women aren't given as much attention as they desire. If you do a nice deed for them out of nowhere for those women, they completely melt.

I've been to a handful if schools to teach kids origami. If I wasn't in a relationship, I would easily have gotten into the panties. One MILF administrator at the one private school melted when I gave her a Kawasaki rose "Awww, are you married?"

At first I thought she was asking because she would feel bad if a nice guy was an incel and lonely. Later, I realized that she was probably asking for herself.

If I was good with origami in high school, I would be paying much child support today.
>>
>>566458
I would say in a small way, probably. It's a very cute way to give someone a hand-made gift and if it doesn't look like shit, a girl would probably like that.
>>
File: 20211126_233002.jpg (586 KB, 2339x1744)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>574490
You do it like you're making a crane, but instead of making a crane, you make a dragon.
pic related
>>
>>584987
Wanted to write the exact same reply.
>>
>>587624
Damn, sorry to hear that annon. Good thing you at least started dating other girls. You'll find someone comparably good sooner or later, I believe in you!
>>
File: 1635204235049.jpg (190 KB, 1439x1427)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>576510
>Anonymous’s brain — and mine, and yours — has been conditioned to prefer the online world, where one is only told that one is right
What a retarded and baseless article.
>>
>>568021
3 years late but damn where do you find girls like this?
>>
>>566458
I used to make origami hearts with the gum wrappers, one day I gave one of these hearts to a girl and we started talking, now she is my gf.
Thanks /po/
>>
It has helped me to acquire every gf I've ever had. As others have said, it depends on the girl. Look at it as a filter. If a girl thinks your hobby is gay, you don't want her, anyway.
>>
>>566458
I did find Origami porn video where papercrafts imitate sex.
>>
>>602083
Was it on your Nintendo wii?
>>
if she doesnt find you attractive, she should at least find u handy
>>
>>566458
No, but it looks good anon.
>>
>>566462
Spbp
/thread
>>
File: 1643973288777.gif (768 KB, 293x400)
768 KB
768 KB GIF
>>587660
op im back
Responmd faggot
>>
>>566462
Based
>>
>>566458
beautiful!
>>
>>566458
no, but if you already have a gf, it's an amazing gift
>>
>>566458
you can always rape.
>>
>>606325
You need to be locked up for even suggesting it.
>>
>>606327
i wasn't locked up even after the deed, what makes you think i'll be now?
also go back to plebit.
>>
>>606328
And you go straight to hell.
>>
i used to give my first love kusudamas every two days
>>
Nah, kid dun think any of these peeps got
>>
>>566458
yes all obscure hobbies that are Japanese will make you more romantic and loveable. Learn tea ceremony next
>>
I used to make lucky stars with notes in them but it didn't bring me any romance desu. its still cute anyway
>>
no, sorry
>>
I love origami
>>
File: 1542221188221.jpg (1.66 MB, 2448x3264)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>566458
It's been 1500 days and 7 hours
Hope you found your gf Origami maker
>>
>>580189
>afro
>/po/
this is not /pol/, moshe
>>
I can be your origami friend (girl) if you teach me how to
>>
>>566581
Based.
>>576510
>https://blog.lareviewofbooks.org/essays/sacred-geometry-visit-4chan-papercraft-origami-board/
Cringe.
>>
>>566458
No
>>
>>566458
Like most creative/artistic hobbies, they can help you with certain type of girls, but not all of them. Being artistic (origami, music, drawing, etc) has always helped getting attention from women but it's not the main reason why they get interested, is just a plus if she appreaciates art
>>
>>566458
Yes, especially if you teach her models she will fall in love with you. Women love being taught things and being impressed by their man.
>>
File: PIG.png (359 KB, 733x427)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>566490
I have a gf faggot. I was good at origami.
>>
>>608805
>replying to a post from 2018
>>
>>566458
You have to make a long line of origami
>>
>>608913
it's /po/
>>
>>566458
It may help you find a gf that you want to keep.
>>
>>566458
Yes, of course. If you do what you like, it will make you happy. If you are happy you are irresistible for women.

But maybe I got it wrong:
Is your question how Origami can hemo to get a girlfriend? Well of course there is the social component and you can go to regular Origami meeting in your town. Maybe one of those people has a sister that is looking for a friend and the two if you meet.. who knows?

Or if this it too vague for you I will give you a step-by-step tutorial how to get a gf with Origami:

1) Train hard until you can fold a couple of nice things really really fast in a halfway decent quality. You don't want extremely difficult stuff from a technical point of view, but simple forms, flashy, impressive and beautiful.

2) Go outside, join parties or discos or other social events. Make a conversation with a nice woman. Tell her you need to go home now, but would like to see her again. Write down your number a give it to her. Give her a brief nod and walk away without further ado.

3) Wait for her call. If no call comes within the next 4 or five days, repeat step 2. When the call comes invite her to a coffee at a nice bar.

4) At the bar get into a conversation, ask and listen, don't talk about yourself too much. Look her deep in the eyes and smile. While doing so, casually play around with some paper or ask the waitress for a block and do something beautiful. Shrug off any compliments, pay up and take her on a walk in the park.

5) While walking, make something really cool and tell her it came to your mind just now and you have never done this before. Of course she will see through it, but she will like your joke. Make another one and ask her if she likes it. If she says "wow, it's beautiful" look her in the eye and say some cheesy line like "yeah, I like beautiful things." And then slowly let your eyes wander between her eyes and her mouth. Move closer at her, slowly. Kiss her.

Yeah, it is really that simple.
>>
>>609068
Or, alternatively...
>Have a piece of origami paper on hand
>Write your number on it
>Fold it right in front of her
She'll never forget that, and will at the very least recommend you to someone else if she isn't that into you.
>>
>>609113
You beated me in terms of simplicity and elegance..
>>
>>566458
nah but its relaxing as hell
>>
>>608805
>>608913
>>608941
JESUS CHRIST. LMAO.
Newfag here. This board is so fucking slow. Slower than /gd/ even.
>>
>>566458
No.
>>
>>581025
Would like to report that I made this for my GF around a year or two ago, she still has it on her wall to this day. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>609068
You left out that while at the coffee bar or restaurant ,leave the origami rose or gizmo you folded with the person that served you .
Girls like shows of generosity and maturity .
Also try to actually like the person , of she's into anime or games or cosplay .It's not just about having a hot piece of eye candy to hump on
>>
>>566458
y...yes... that's really pretty
>>
Females don't have hobbies, so at best they would actively avoid anything /po/ related
>>
Ah man. Now i regret not giving one to my then gf.
>>
>>587904
Nice flower
What's this called? I want to look up q diagram. Helpful as this is there's clearly a bunch of precreases here
>>
I made some paper flowers (from Canon CP) several times and girls was amazed)
>>
>>566458
If I'm bored or fidgety sometimes I abscent mindedly fold cranes without looking or really realizing it. A bizarre amount of women don't know how to do it and will ask you to show them and then you've got a good 5 to 15 minutes (depends on how stupid or quick they are) of teaching them and accidentally finger brushing as you point at lines to fold or w.e. never did it intentionally but it has happened a bunch now that I think of it. Whole bunch. Weird.
>>
>>613573
I'm a girl and literally hate folded cranes and most birds .In fact the only cool birds girls are excited to see are swans , little blue tits and magpies .
That's a tall order .
Secondly if you're going to get a girl interested then show interest in Manga , Cosplay or K Pop .
Most girls love to dress up as their heroines from most popular anime series or cartoons .
If there's no fancy dress store nearby then fold something from Origami record or Ori Fancy they have the best C.ps .
Thirdly your girlfriend is critical of your craft you could make a folded table and chairs now you have mastered women
>>
>>613806
>Secondly if you're going to get a girl interested then show interest in Manga , Cosplay or K Pop

Lol. Who do you date, 10-year-olds only?
>>
>>613806
Thats cool but I was just saying it happens a lot. Idk about playing BTS or G Dragon or w.e while giving a girl i just met a blue tit. Might get reported.
>>
>>613806
I have literally never met a person in real life who likes K Pop. If a girl told me she is a cosplayer, I would be weirded out. Manga and anime is kinda the limit, but they're on thin ice. Anything past that and I'd just think I'm dating a weeaboo. Of course, I'm from a pretty conservative part of the US, so it might just be my environment rubbing off on me. Either way, your advice sucked.
>>
>>613833
You don't love upon a coast obv. They're abundant.
>>
>>566458
No if anything you might seem like an autist with nothing better to do.
>>
File: smug.jpg (38 KB, 507x371)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>613806
i also love little blue tits
>>
>>566458
almost got me one, but we moved out like 2 days after so rip
but yeah maybe
>>
>>602769
If she doesn't find you handsome she should at least give you a handy
>>
>>566458
Yes for sure
>>
>>601652
nta but i found mine in rehab, she liked all the roses i periodically gifted to her and thought the tesselations i made were cool
>>
File: values.jpg (91 KB, 540x540)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>566458
>Does Origami help getting a gf?

Folding a napkin into a swan is a nice ice-breaker.
>>
File: 1564795513040.png (63 KB, 365x335)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
I wonder if OP got a gf with origami by now... I hope he is happy and they are in a great relationship folding all kinds of cool stuffs.
>>
>>566458
Yes, but only if you share the diagram for that flower in the OP image.
>>
>>566458
Do yourself a favor and do things for yourself or your family, not some 304.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.